Speaker 1: Out here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure, because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discounting tee times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash golf with Us.
Speaker 2: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 1: Bank of America Restriction Supply CBA dot com slash golf with Us. We're complete details covered by twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, Welcome into the cycle. I am Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayer. We are talking a whole bunch of stuff. We're gonna talk some pictures, We're gonna talk some bilos and sell highs. Those will been some of the later segments that you can find on YouTube and on audio. We're gonna start things off with rounding the bases as always, before we dive into some of the trending topics around in the league.
Speaker 4: Mayor, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: How are now that we're like a couple week because like that first week, it's okay, it could be.
Speaker 4: Kind of a fluke.
Speaker 3: You never know, like you know, it's really small sample size. A couple weeks in. How are your teams looking for the twenty twenty five fantasy season.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a mixed bag of everything. There's a couple leagues I'm doing really well. There's at least one league I'm doing really poorly, and the other few I'm like average, two above average. But you know, across my I think I'm in eight leagues. I'm doing fairly well in most of them, maybe one or two. I got some work to do. I'm in trouble, especially one one that we're in together. I'm near the bottom. It's my hitting that's really holding me back. I do have some players coming back that can help me soon, but it's not looking great right now.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you and I are in two leagues together, and I am performing very well in both of them.
Speaker 4: They are probably the two best leagues I am in this year.
Speaker 3: I have other leagues where I'm not doing so hot, including the Fantasy pros. Like in house Work League, I am in dead last.
Speaker 2: So that's are you're dead last? Me? You and Kelly were like the top three performing teams last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my first my first two weeks were.
Speaker 3: First of all, they counted the first half week as a full week, and I just had a bad like three days, and so that hurt me because it's a categories league.
Speaker 4: So I went like, you know, one and nine or something, and then I had.
Speaker 2: Like May, so you got to count that for this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had a very poor second week. I was a good I had a good third week. But there's only so much he can bounce back, so a lot of work to do in that one. But yeah, let's let's side into some of the stuff going on around baseball. I put in you told me before we started recording that you don't really have a strong, you know take on this situation. But like we have to just mention Spencer Stryder finally returning, Like this is a guy who, prior to getting hurt, was the like as consensus of an sp one as you can get in fantasy baseball.
Speaker 4: You know, really no.
Speaker 3: Red flags at all, just you know, an elite, elite, elite fantasy ace. And Stryder went five innings, two runs, one walk, five strikeouts, gave up a home run. He threw ninety Evan pitches in his first outing back. Obviously he had a couple of reheb starts in there to build up the workload. But you know this is over a year you last saw him, and he looked like not too far off version of Spencer Strider. What was your kind of takeaway from watching that or checking the box score?
Speaker 2: Well, my first take was I actually tweeted about it how annoyed I am because I live in Georgia, where I should be able to watch the Braves, but they are not on local television because of like a you know, contract dispute, but then also blacked out on MLB TV, So the Braves are the one team I can't watch live. So I had to watch his back. I know some people were out there, they were a little concerned. The velocity was down like a mile per hour. I thought it looked fine, you know, like obviously he didn't look like the elite, elite, elite version of Spencer Strider. But I thought like, this is what a first start back looks like for a good picture, you know, like they don't always come out and throw eight shut out at inns. Sometimes you go out there he throw five innings, you don't have your best stuff and it's fine. Like he didn't get rocked. He didn't look amazing. I don't think the velocity was down enough that it's like concerning, because he still got a few fastballs up over ninety seven miles an hour. I think, I think that's going to be just fine. I think, you know, even if that's where he sits most of the season, I think he'll be okay at that. You know, it's not like he's you know, he through ninety three to ninety four. Now he's down at like ninety one, where it could be a problem. Which is kind of funny to say that now because like you know, in the nineties, you'll be like, wow, ninety one, that's great. But yeah, I know some people are a little worried. I'm not that worried. I think he looked fine.
Speaker 3: So I guess the real question is how many pitchers would you rather have than him rest of season?
Speaker 4: If the season started today.
Speaker 3: You're presuming you have him for the quote unquote whole year. The rest of they going forward, where is he? I mean, I'll tell you in ECR and rest of season rankings, which isn't always updated that quickly, but for what it's worth, he's at a sorry picture thirteen.
Speaker 4: Actually it's twelve.
Speaker 3: Because Otani's ahead of him just because of the way the rankings look, but obviously a Tani we're not looking at as a picture, so so really the twelfth highest ranked picture rest of season. There are definitely names ahead of him that I would rather have him than that. The names immediately ahead of him are Michael King, Corbyn Burns, still and ceased, Jacob de Gram.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have.
Speaker 3: Him than maybe all of those guys. Cease is maybe the one that I would think about, but I definitely rather have Strider than Corban Burns from what we've seen. I mean, I think Strider is less of an injury risk than Jacob de Gram.
Speaker 4: And Michael King said, you know, some good, some.
Speaker 3: Bad, but I'm pretty sure i'd rather have Strider as like that SP eight ish range is what first jumps out to me.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I in my rankings, I moving him up to SP five, So SB six five, okay if you include Otani, but SP five I only have Skiens, schoolbl Crochet, and Wheeler ahead of him, and then I have Strider and then you know the rest of the rest of the list. But yeah, I wand him up.
Speaker 4: So I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: The one name that is ahead of like even Crochet that you didn't mention his logan Gilbert in ECR, he's fourth, Okay, so you have.
Speaker 4: Him right after Strider.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I think that's sale in Reagan's like it's worth, you know, thinking about more. I think I'd probably rather have Reagans than Strider, but I totally get the case for reversing those I think that's like the tier i'd have him in, and I imagine that ECR will move up with Strider, Like, what do you see a couple more starts under his belt? Because there was I know you mentioned the velocity, but like, I'm pretty thoroughly unconcerned about what we saw. What about I'll just ask you one last thing on him. Is he somebody that you would be looking to include in trades either are you worried about some kind of injury you want to sell him? It sounds like no base on where you're ranking him, or would you be saying like, hey, let's let's make it offer for him as if he is an ace like actually pay up by high to get him in your roster.
Speaker 2: So I think about this a lot with like a player, because you I'm so, if you have Spencer Strider, you probably drafted him and waited and you know now you're happy because he's here. So do you want to just get rid of him already? I think the answer is only if it's a cell high like because a lot of times, like a you know, a player that was hurt, he comes back, you start getting trade offers like pretty much imediately, and you're like, hold on, bucko, like I'm the one who drafted this guy and stashed him, like I'm gonna you know, reap the benefits. Now you're not going to trade for him. I'd be willing to sell high because you know, there's always with any picture, there's injury concern, and especially coming off of Tommy John surgery, the thing that's most likely to happen coming off of Tommy John surgery is getting Tommy John surgery again. So there's always you know, concern there. But yeah, it would have to be a cell high for me because for me, I invested at him, I drafted him, and I think a lot of people were worried that, you know, he might not return till like May or June. But then you know, as we started getting into fantasy draft season, we start to see, hey, this guy's throwing off a mound already, and it starts to think, hey, this guy might be back by mid April. And that's exactly what happened. And so you probably got a pretty good discount on him depending on like when you drafted, because he's already back. So yeah, I'm definitely holding. But you know, if you want to, you know, make me a godfather offer, you know, I'll listen.
Speaker 4: By the way, just because I'm looking.
Speaker 3: The name right after him currently in ECR is Yamamoto. I think he should be hired to like I would. I would rather have Yamamoto than like from again, from what we've seen from Corbin Burns, I couldn't have been more out on Jacob de Gram in draft season. I would rather have Galvamodo than him, just total lack of trust there. Also not like he's been you know, stellar to start the year anyway, even aside from the injury stuff. Like so, I think Aavamoto is another guy that should should move up a handful of spots as well.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, I.
Speaker 3: Want to remind everybody that if you want a chance to win a signed Nico Horner Cubs jersey for free courtesy of our friends at Christine Auction dot com, all you have to do is subscribe to the Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube chantannel right now, drop a comment below on any video, and that is it. We'll be announcing a winner right here on the podcast, So make sure to turn on those notifications so you can know when new videos are up and to claim your prize. All right, Mayor, I want to look at an article on ESPN dot com where they did their ACE rankings. This is a few days ago, but it's since our last episode of recording, and I just kind.
Speaker 4: Of wanted to run through the list and see what you thought.
Speaker 3: Obviously, this is more just general ACE discussion than you know, specifically fantasy driven but you know, obviously they're the best pictures in one are probably going to be near the top of the best pictures in the other. And since we kind of start off talking about Strider, I wanted to kind of take a step back and evaluate. You know, in the last five years, there's been a lot of changeover of who the true aces in baseball are. So I think it's an interesting time to kind of reevaluate reset and say, who are you know the guys at the top. So in the ESPN article, which you know, anybody can just go google it, they have a number one Scooball hard to deny that coming off AlSi young. Number two Paul Skeens obviously like aggressive given how little experience he is, but hard to watch him and disagree with him as that being too high. Zach Wheeler the elder Statesmen here almost thirty five years old and not the strongest start to his year like the last couple outings, but obviously we still have a lot of.
Speaker 4: Faith in him.
Speaker 3: Garrett Crochet at four, Chris Sail at five, and then Framber at six. So the list goes deeper, but that's their Tier one, the slam dunk aces. I'm guessing you will largely agree with the top five. Obviously, Sale just has kind of the question of like health, but he's coming off the CI like was awesome last year, so I think that was top five are pretty pretty valid. Framber, I did not expect to see as a Tier one ACE.
Speaker 4: What did you think about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a name that jumps out, I think. You know, my first thought was like, maybe you can argue against Sale, but I was like, well, he did just win the cy Young So as much as I want to like kind of fade him this year, hard to hard to deny how he bounced back with the Braves last year, But yeah, franber Valdez, like he's a really good picture, but I don't know if he belongs in that like tier one like ace you know conversation, especially because he and like I don't want to kind of like you know, speak out against like his style of pitching, because you know, there was some really good pictures in history who you know, like relied on contact and he's not like even that extreme. But like we don't think of him as like being like super dominant with like huge strikeout numbers. He's just like a really really good pitcher, and I would say he is an ACE. But to have him this high above some of the other names on the list, I think is a little interesting. Especially even if you wanted to have him at like six after a tier break, we would have like more of an argument, But to include him in this top tier is pretty intriguing.
Speaker 3: Do you think he definitely belongs even in the top twelve. I think it's fair to call him an ace, like is he is capable of being a team's best picture. But I might get to twelve names before I came up with him, if I was sitting down and saying, like thinking true real world like these are like the aces like let alone tier one, But this list only goes twelve step, which is why I use that number. I'm not sure I would have expected to see him on the list even if he still would be inside the top you know, twenty or twenty five or whatever would get you in the range of like still an ace, but not like a slam dunk tier one type of guy.
Speaker 2: I think he belongs in the list a lot more than one of the other pictures on this list. I can tell you that I.
Speaker 3: Wonder if we agree on who that other picture is. Let's look at some more of the rest of the list in tier two and this is just labeled as the second tier aces at number seven, Cole Reagan's number eight, Logan Gilbert number nine, Corbyn Burns number ten, Dylan Cease number eleven, Christopher Sanchez and number twelve Spencer Strider, mayor I wonder which name it is that you think doesn't belong.
Speaker 2: I think we're getting a little out of ahead of our skis on this. Christopher Sanchez love to includ him in this ACE conversation, like he's been a nice story, he's been really good. I don't know that he belongs, like not even on list ahead of Spencer Strider, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Uh? And and some of the other names who aren't on the list like that. It clearly some of the guys on here, like Strider and Sale have injury risks. So if you're not if you're willing to set aside injury risk, I think Hunter Green should be on there ahead of him. I just mentioned Yamamoto on the fantasy side. I think he I would certainly take ahead of Christopher Sanchez. I mean, I think you make cases for some of these other guys that didn't make the list, like Freed, Schwellingback King, Kirby Schwellenbach, Logan Webb even like I I mean, Garret Cole's out for the year. They mentioned him in the kind of honorable mention. But yeah, Sanchez was like like Franmber was like an eyebrow razor in tier one. Sanchez is like an eye opener on this list.
Speaker 2: Of them all. I think Strollenbag is an interesting case just because like he's had in terms of like timeline and performance, he's had kind of like this same rise as Christopher Sanchez, just better and so like, I don't know how you include Christopher Sanchez based on that track record and not Spencer Swellenbach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was surprising anybody that you would want to make the case for being higher because we talked about a couple of idioms that we thought were maybe, you know, a little too high and it should be lower.
Speaker 4: Who would you raise on this list?
Speaker 3: I mean, Strider is like kind of an obvious one because the only reason he's twelve is because of the injury stuff.
Speaker 4: Is anybody else?
Speaker 3: I mean Reagan's I wonder if he's more of like a like a fantasy Ace than a real life Ace. But I'm actually not sure my thought process and even saying that, like he is really good, he should be higher.
Speaker 2: I think you could flip Logan Gilbert and fran ber Valdez and I'd be okay with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wo'd agree with that too. For sure Corbyn Burns will move on after this. I just thought it was kind of an interesting article and want to get your opinion.
Speaker 4: But Burns is the one. What do you make of him.
Speaker 3: For fantasy purposes moving forward? Because his stuff has gotten worse the last few years, it hasn't mattered. He's still been a very productive fantasy pitcher. Now the first year in Arizona like off to another slow start. He's on the wrong side of thirty. This article mentions that his cutter velocity is starting to slip. I watched a lot of him obviously last year, like you know, when he was on the Orioles, and it felt like he wasn't as good as like Cy young winner in Milwaukee Corbyn Burns, but he was still like clearly an ace. I wonder if we're just like trending in the wrong direction with him, Like when you think about him the rest of season in fantasy rankings, where would you have a guy like Burns just given what we've seen to start the year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was not very high on him coming into the year for all the reasons you just mentioned, Like we're kind of seeing like there were there are enough red flags to be concerned, right, Like we already have enough concerns about most pitchers coming into the year. I don't need extra ones. Like with some of like the kind of like declining performance last year was like the first year, like there were points leass year, like he did not look dominant at all. He struck out lesson about a printing. I still have him my top twelve for now. I don't know, I just feel like I have to like to move him down just like based on like he's still finished with like a two point nine two er last year. It's still really good, still one hundred and eighty one strikeouts in one hundred ninety four innings. But we've seen the k rate decline for what four or five years now, and some of it, like it's not like kind of like a fluke thing like some of his other like you mentioned, like velocity and other things are kind of on the decline too and have been for a while. So it doesn't seem like a temporary blit. It seems like a trend and something that you know, he's he's been really good despite it. He's kind of like you know, I don't know if you would call it like learn to pitch around it. But you know he's he's been adjusting, but you know, another slow start. I think there are reasons to be concerned. He doesn't have that deep you know, super Wall in Baltimore behind him anymore. Now he's out in the in the heat in Arizona, and uh yeah, I think there's a lot of reason to be to be worried.
Speaker 5: It's the Smucker's Uncrustables podcast with your host Uncrustables. Okay, today's guest is rough around the Edges. Please welcome, crust Thanks for having me today's topic. He's round with soft pillowy bread hey, filled with delicious PEBMJ.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about yourself?
Speaker 5: And you can take him anywhere?
Speaker 4: Why do you invite? And we are out of time? Are you really cutting me off?
Speaker 5: Uncrustables are the best part of the sandwich?
Speaker 3: Sorry, crust our next topic here. We talked a little bit last week because I had him as a pickup. It looks like the A's are shuffling their lineup around even more to make room for.
Speaker 4: Their top prospect Nick.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: We talked about him as a pick up last week, but in the last since the last time we've recorded, we've seen you know Brent Rooker playing in the outfield, like some somebody had to move to make room between DH first and then somebody going to the outfield, and and it looks like the A's are are setting things up to make that room for him. He's been awesome. I think that while we were recording last week, he hit another home run in the minors. First base is not the strongest position in Fantasy this year. There are still some great names at the top, so like obviously you know, we're not talking about him in the level of like Vlattie, Harper, Olsen Freeman, Alonso, Josh Naylor, those are the top six. At what point do I get to a name and I'm gonna keep reading names in ECR at the position, At what point do I get to a name where you think you would reasonably consider ranking Kurts as soon as he gets called up in terms of rest of the season at first base, because the next names after Naylor, Cody Bellinger, Salvador Perez, Christian Walker, Tristan Cassis, Wilson Contreras, Jake Berger, Jan or Diez.
Speaker 2: Am I supposed to stop you or you're just gonna I thought you were.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tristan Cassas you I would gladly have Nick Kurtz or Tristan.
Speaker 3: Cases because that puts him as as tenth at the at his position. Now, there might be other names that you would actually you think are too low and would move up. There's a lot of guys on this list who have multiple position eligibility to you know, like Burger and parade As is eligible a third and Arias and second and stuff like that. But it sounds like you see him as a borderline top ten first baseman as soon as he gets called up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those things where it's an upside play. Like there is a lot of concern with what we've seen with the young hitters coming up in the last few years, where they, you know, just look incredible in the minors and then come up and struggle in the majors. He looks the part, you know, it's just destroying minor league pitching. And I think there's just a case to make where a lot of the players on that you just mentioned like we kind of like know what they are or we can expect the production. Like Christian Walker, someone w talk about he's off to a look a slow start, and you know, like a Jake Berger also off to a slow start, Wilson Cadreres, And then like there's hitters like Vinnie Pascentino where it's like we kind of like know what he is, Like he's a good hitter, Like I don't think there's a massive ceiling there. Nick Kurtz might have a massive ceiling, And so there's kind of like that mystery box element where you're like, you know, I'm all rank him aggressively just for the chance that you know, he kind of breaks out and you get this huge power potential because like if he looks half as good as he in the majors as he does in the miners, like we're talking about a league winner here, and so yeah, I think you have to be aggressive on him just for you know, just for the chance.
Speaker 3: So what about some of the names that are further down the list that I didn't get to because they're still ranked probably a bit too low, but who are off to strong starts, not the guys that we expected to be good and who off to slow starts. With the reverse because guys who are ranked a lot lower but who are playing well. Tyler Soderstrom Spencer Torkle, Michael Bush, Ben Rice. Where does he fade in amongst those guys? Would you rather make the upside swing with Kurtz or would you rather just bump some of those guys way up who have had early steps of a possible breakout this year?
Speaker 2: So Soderstrom is the name that jumps out that I already bumped into him up to my top ten. So yeah, Soderstrom, I think like I I in some ways based on the hot start, like we're hoping Nick Kurtz comes up and looks like Tyler Soderstrum.
Speaker 3: So oh if he plays like Soderstrom, it's an A plus Grand Slam, Like that's a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So in that case, like I don't want the mystery box, I want the boat, you know, Like yeah, So Sodastrim is probably the line there. Like Ben Rice, I you know, he's been a fun story. He plays in a great ballpark. I just hope that he continues to play every day. You know, you never know with who's coming back to that Yankees lineup. They already have gold Schmid in for his base, so I worry about him losing playing times again lefties, But you know, he's someone I picked up you know, we mentioned earlier in the ESPN Fantasy League for Fantay Spurs that you and I are in. I picked him up there. He's my util for now, so happy with his production. But yeah, there's a certain appeal of Nick Kurtz that you know, I think I'd rather have Kurts than some of them.
Speaker 3: What were the other namess, Turklesen, Rice, Michael Bush good game a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: I think Soderstrom is the best of that group.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I think it would be, and then I'd probably rather have Kurts than those other guys.
Speaker 3: The other thing about Kurtz, by the way, he is an excellent I mean in the minors, so we'll see how it develops. But like his reputation, is an excellent defensive first baseman. So once he is up, you would expect, like even if his bat is taking some time to adjust, which we have seen in recent years, that the glove will keep him in the line up every day.
Speaker 2: Last part, Sorry, speaking that before we move on talking about Tyler Soderstrom. There have been some whispers that he could play some third base, which would be really good for fantasy. If he got third base eligibility.
Speaker 3: I would be really annoying myself for not picking him up in more leagues if he becomes third base eligible, because that third base is a black hole for me on every roster I have in Fantasy this year, I did not like go heavy. Well, I've Bregmant in a couple of places, which is fine, but like outside of the leagues where I have Bregmant, I do not.
Speaker 4: Have a good third baseman anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so there are last topic here in rounding the bases was going to be a different topic, and then you kind of backed out at the last second. He said, you got a little too busy, and so you changed it up. We're gonna look at some transactions from some of our SYNCD league data on Fantasy Pro. So these are teams that have sec third leagues through my playbook on Fantasy Pros, and we can get information about some of the most added players, some of the most dropped players, and some of the most traded players.
Speaker 4: We'll start with the most added. At the top of the list. We have Bobby Miller.
Speaker 3: He's number one on the list. I'm looking at some of the other pictures here.
Speaker 2: Probably going to be one of the most dropped next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hesea Kintana, Hower, Molly, you know, Merril, Kelly, jakerb and some of the pictures on the list before we get to the hitters. From the picture standpoint, what do you make of those names?
Speaker 2: Well, Bobby Miller was picked up because he was He made his debut for the Dodgers, it did not go well, and he's probably going back to the miners. You know, the Dodgers have a bunch of injuries right now, but they also just have a gazillion pitchers and so they're not going to have any time for struggles. You know, I was really high on Bobby Miller a year or two ago, and it just like I don't know what happened, but the he's off the rails now. So he was. He was picked up. It's like speculative ad you know, by a ton of people. I'm sure they're like, hey, here's a good young pitcher pitching on the Dodgers, and well it didn't go well, so he's going to be one of the most dropped. Jose Kintana off to a really strong start, not striking out a ton of guys, but a really good numb two strong starts. Other than that, Tyler Molly is an interesting one. We talked about a little bit last week as a picture that we liked. There was actually a special on him on MLB Network this morning where they're kind of like talking about how he doesn't have this elite fastball, but he has an elite fastball with rate right now. I would say almost an unsustainable fastball with rate right now for a guy who doesn't have like an electric fastball. He's just kind of doing it with like smoking mirrors. So I don't know how sustainable that is, even though he's a pitcher that I like and who's pitching really well right now.
Speaker 3: Some of the hitters on the most Added players list, a couple of Rays are first and second amongst the hitters, Jonathan Ronda and Cameron Meisner. Just keeping it to those two for SUO, would you rather have between those two?
Speaker 2: Probably Aronda just for the you know, the profile there. The thing that concerns me is about like all Rays kind of in that tier in general, is that like they have so many of these guys that the second one of these guys gets cold, they're just going to rotate another guy in and just piece it together. Like and you know, I know you like, is his name Chandler Simpson? Is that his first name?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Down in the miners, they have like a few guys who could just come up at a moment's notice and then like these guys are you know gone, So they're really kind of just for me, I would think streaming options. I know Ronda's kind of been around for a while and he's been like when he's in the lineup, he doesn't really play against lefties, but when he's in the lineup against right he's been in cleanup, which is pretty nice. And the numbers are you know, very strong to start, like, he's not gonna hit four hundred all year, but he is right now.
Speaker 3: Looking at the most dropped players list Easton Lucas, who I believe we talked about on last week's episode as a possible pickup, or at least you talked about him as a possible pickup.
Speaker 4: He is now by far the most draft player.
Speaker 3: You're Tanner Hawk obviously is dropped a lot in our in our head to head points league that you and I are both in the way the scoring works. He got negative seventeen points. Oh man start against serious and I'm facing him, which was superb for me. That was that was a joy to watch. So he's number two most dropped. There's really four names that are like, by far the most dropped.
Speaker 4: Lucas is number one by a mile, and.
Speaker 3: Then how Matt Shaw is number three, and Taiwan Walker is number four. Of those four, do you kind of agree with like the order of that and are you very willing to drop all four? I mean, obviously Shaw is not in the majors anymore, so that's an easy one. But for those three pitchers, like you know, are you are you very willing to drop those guys too.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty willing to drop them. I wouldn't have Easton Lucas as the top to drop because he was pitching well before the Star and they have like one bad start like Tanner how got obliterated And maybe he's just not the most dropped because he wasn't on enough rosters, whereas Easton Lucas was like, all right, here's a guy pitching pretty well, so now everyone.
Speaker 3: Lucas is a guy like you pick somebody up because they're doing well and they have a terrible start, and that's like, oh, if I'm going to drop somebody to make room for somebody, Like, that's a natural person to drop, so I get it with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like a streamer Taiwan Walker. I'm a little interested that he's the most dropped. It must be like a lot of daily leagues, just because he's a two star pitcher this week, so you would think he would be more on the added side. But he did just have a bad start, which is probably why he's now on the drop list.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Justin Steele dropped as well, out for the season, so sad one. He's a fan of Fantasy pros. We're a fan of his, so that's when we are sad to see get dropped. Yeah, some of the other names like Jeffrey Springs, Zach Thine, Victor Scott, Spencer Steer, anybody stand out to you. Jackson Holliday is getting dropped a lot. He just hit a Grand Slam yesterday, so maybe too left center, I think, Yeah, it was like like I would call it more just like up the middle. It was technically oppo as opposed to a poll, but it wasn't like to left field.
Speaker 4: It was like definitely just left of center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Jeffrey Springs is an interesting one because he's a picture that I really liked coming into the year, gotten off to kind of a shaky start. But I think the tiebreaker there in terms of like, you know, keeping him and holding onto him is that ballpark. Because that ballpark is just home run Central right now. So I kind of don't want a guy who's gotten off to a slow start and he's just going to be in that ballpark all season, and like it's not even we're not about at April yet, Like if that's what's happening in April, like what's going to happen in July in that in that ballpark? So yeah, I kind of I can see. I would probably try to like hold in trade Jeffrey Springs, but I get it. If you can't, you just have to drop him.
Speaker 4: Number one most traded players. Marcus Simeon, what do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I get it, you know, another player of the slow start. It's it's possible, like is this it is this the end? I get it? Like that. You know there's you like the power speed potential, although the speed nevers have been down recently, you know, recent years, but there are signs, you know, he's kind of like never had like the best batted ball data. But he's you know, he's been really good the last several years, but it just seemed like the last couple of years maybe it wasn't a down year, like maybe it's just like, you know, he's not a young player and it's not not going in the right direction here.
Speaker 3: Other names are the most traded list. Christian Walker We're going to talk about a little bit more in our next video. Kien Parris. That makes sense. The guy kind of comes out of nowhere and is playing amazingly well. Those guys are often good trade candidates. Corman Burns, who talked about already Gunner Henderson. I get actually just how so low his start has been. But you know, people are gonna want to buy into the stud Chris Sale Casey my is coming off his first not great start here of the season, has been traded a lot. Boba Schett somebody that I really liked investing in in draft season. You get further down the list, you know, Rookie Sasaki an interesting one. Jacob Wilson an interesting one. Raphael Devers who stands out to you amongst kind of anybody really on the list.
Speaker 2: Sales an interesting one. You know, he probably a lot of these trade conversations started, you know, a starter or two ago when he was like still like kind of like not looking great and people were seeing it if they good buy low, which I gets he's someone like if I had I would be open to trading, but I'm also like, you know, I'm always willing to buy low if you're trying to like sell below market value, and I'll take a swing, and you know, see if he turns it around. And so far it seems like he's going to Boba Shitt I think is an interesting one, just because like it seemed like heading into the season, he was like the hot name in the industry that everyone's at all like he's gonna have a bounce back year, he's gonna be great, and he has gotten off to a pretty good start. But I do wonder like he's probably it doesn't think he's gonna run anymore. And so I wonder how many of these fantasy managers are kind of like, can I cash in on this hot start, like, you know, for this player who might be like dare I say a little overrated at at the moment, Even though I like Boba Shitt but it's like it's like, yeah, he's bad in like three or five, but he also has no horme runs and those deals, so it's kind of like an empty three or five from a fantasy perspective, So I could see that being like a sell high situation.
Speaker 3: One player that I was actually surprised isn't on the list and we'll wrap up after this was Jung Hu Lee of the Giants, who has been good. I mean, he's got three home runs and three som bases. His ops is over one thousand, he's hitting three thirty eight, he's got ten doubles on the season, just twelve strikeouts through seventeen games. I mean, he's not a player that we've never heard of before, but I feel like we haven't really talked about him, like really ever on this show, but he's been very good. I was kind of thinking we might see him on a most traded list and we don't.
Speaker 4: Is he somebody that.
Speaker 3: You would be looking to maybe consider selling high on or would you buy high if you don't have him. Are you a believer in what he's done so far this year? Or is he just more of a hold and you know, ride the hot streak?
Speaker 2: While you can, Well, it's interesting that you bring it up because he's an am. I looked pretty hard at this week when writing the Bilo cell high blurbs I had to write for the article, and I remember actually going from Marcus Simon's page on stackcast to Jung Huli's page, and I was shocked with how much red is on Jung Huli's page, And so I was like, well, maybe he's not the biggest sell high, Like maybe some of this is legit. I don't think it's legit looking enough that i'd be willing to buy high, but I think if you have him, there's some promising underlying very bright red data here that seems like some of it's legit. We'll see how long it lasts. But it's like, so far it doesn't seem like overly fluky. It's like obviously still an incredibly small sample size, and if you want to like make me a really good offer, I'd probably sell high. But just a lot of times when I'm looking at the article, I'm looking for a cell high for kind of like an obvious reason, whether it's like injury concerns or like, I think these numbers are kind of fluky whereas him, I didn't. I didn't end up picking him as my cell high just because it looked like some of the underlying data looked really good.
Speaker 3: We're wrapp things up there, be sure to check out the rest of the cycle. We'll be hitten to some bilo cell highs, some waiver ads, some picture stuff in a couple of episodes dropping on both video and audio over the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 4: For Mayor, I'm Ryan Warmley.
Speaker 3: Thanks everybody for tuning in and we'll see you next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB