Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Here we go playse lound.
Speaker 3: That's right, Monday, Monday. Let's get it done with SEC's on. Danny mccraig, Heck, here's a lot going on. I'm new he scrugs. Congratulations on your conference. Going ahead and make us everybody remember day number one. Always get to see the table at college football playoff gradually.
Speaker 4: Oh no, listen, I don't care my school LA. I'm watching for entertainment. I don't care who's in it. LSU ain't in it.
Speaker 3: Actually, LSU was a part of the argument which was saw whether that was a Florida state for like, hey we beat LSU and they're like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's your turn.
Speaker 4: That's saying, listen, hey, when you went to NATI, you got five years at least, okay, you got five years in leave. We won the twenty nineteen we got fire. I don't want to hear nothing about it, man, I don't have today. Man, you no no ocean run wild. It wasn't became, wasn't because of football. So dude, I got nothing for you today.
Speaker 2: Danny. I know you came in already. You're ready to go to war already.
Speaker 4: I'm okay. I don't get you know, stick put the LSU stuff in then and all this. What was your thoughts man on the on the college football man when they made the picks? Did you feel bad for Florida State? I feel bad for the players of Florida State. But I understand, you understand. I understand because you know, I came up in a time when when Notre Dame was going to the national champ should be getting the brakes blue off of them every season. And then also we saw TCU go there last year and everybody, you know, this great story and all that stuff, and they got ran up out the building.
Speaker 2: They're trying to avoid. I understand that part of it.
Speaker 3: So I mean they beat They went out there and beat the Michigan team that was out there.
Speaker 5: Cheating to tc beat them.
Speaker 2: They lost, and then with.
Speaker 5: The championship game, Yes, they got That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They got destroyed. I don't think it's about.
Speaker 3: The first nobody thought they should have been in, and then they went out there and they.
Speaker 2: Beat Michigan and you know what, you know what happened.
Speaker 4: They lost, and then they Florida State should call them and tell them thank you for what's happening to them right now.
Speaker 2: They don't want to see that. I'm not on the committee.
Speaker 5: I don't even and it's just me. I don't think that was the case.
Speaker 3: I think at the end of the day, the SEC champion was not gonna get left out.
Speaker 2: We refer to you on the national championship.
Speaker 4: So you believe in Florida State's quarterback was one hundred percent healthy, they would have got left out because I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I once told Bill Hancock, who's retiring executive director of the CFPS, like it's only three spots available, the SEC champions getting in every year, and it's always happened. And last year when Salmon got left out, boy he was boo hoo, and who they.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it again.
Speaker 4: So so so, if Florida State's quarterback is healthy and they everybody's healthy, they are undefeated. The ACC champions. Who gets left out Texas. I'm just saying Florida right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I think you just hit up.
Speaker 3: It's probably Texas, but they were not leaving out the SEC chair.
Speaker 5: Texas probably got left out.
Speaker 4: That would have been there would have been nowhere in hell that they could have could have left Texas out of the city, No way.
Speaker 2: I believe that a lot of wouldn't have got in.
Speaker 4: I believe they wouldn't not after that's just not after, not after beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Speaker 3: I hear you, man, but this committee has shown you man, logic does not matter.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, look my whole thing about it.
Speaker 4: If if I'm Florida say I'm ticked off, I mean when you guys, when y'all were undefeated, correct, No, y'all, I lost two.
Speaker 2: We lost two.
Speaker 4: We lost two, and everybody the three teams that y'all get y'all, three teams ahead of us, lost on in their championship games after we won the SEC championship, So we needed West Virginia lose somebody, like a couple of other teams. They all lost and that bumped us up. So it wasn't we didn't get picked over somebody else. Everything happened how we needed it, that happened for us to get.
Speaker 5: In, and you were the SEC champion.
Speaker 2: That's right, and that's your point. Yeah, well it was BCS.
Speaker 5: BCS.
Speaker 3: The the SEC carries weight except for the one time when Tommy Tuberville was coaching Auburn and decided to have acack schedule and they said we're gonna take Oklahoma and USC. But since then, and by the way, didn't mind that at all.
Speaker 5: They weren't the better team the two exactly.
Speaker 3: They weren't the better team of the between USC and and Oklahoma. But the SEC champion, they just it's different. Uh, they the committee views it differently, and it's there.
Speaker 4: So we'll agree to disagree because I said, I believe in Florida State's quarterback is there. I believe, I believe and this is just me that Alabama is going to get left out of there. And you got Texas, you got Texas, Florida State, Washington and Michigan and there. The problem I have with it is, how do you put this Power five thing together and then you say that Florida State goes undefeated and they don't make it.
Speaker 2: That's what you put this together.
Speaker 4: It's almost like full proof system that you put together that you wouldn't have to encourage something like this, and it happens and you leave Florida State out. Now I can see versus the eyeball test, why you would leave Florida State out of it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: I understand it, and I understand how the SEC gets the natural bid selection with Alabama. It could have been Alabama or Georgia. For me, I wouldn't have had an argument with it either way, but Florida State should be ticked off. You're not gonna leave Texas out of it for sure. And man, the Texas Washington matchup, you're talking about what I can't wait fun So, but there's a scenario where there could have been five undefeated. There's a scenario where they could have been a Washington undefeated, a Georgia undefeated, a Texas undefeated, and the Florida State undefeated and then who else Texas. What I'm saying that this scenario where that could have happened. You know, I'm saying, you try to avoid it, but there's a there's still opportunity for somebody to get left out, no matter what undefeated whatever, to get left out and still be upset. So, you know, Florida State, like they lost their quarterback and I feel bad for him if I'm a kid on that team, a coach or whatever.
Speaker 2: We did everything we were supposed to do right.
Speaker 4: But they ain't the first people to get left out.
Speaker 3: From the time the first ever college football playoffs started, they've been hosing.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're not they're not the first team and they had stopped.
Speaker 4: So they just they in that room now with the rest of them, like, come on in, come on in impetition, we know, we know how you feel. Now what happens is they go out there and they get you know, they get blew out by Georgia, which they probably will, I mean, but their heart is not going to be in that game.
Speaker 2: It better be.
Speaker 4: But if they if they if they beat Georgia, then that's when you know, were the martyrs and we you know, we should have been in. See I told you, see I told you.
Speaker 3: And you know if people won't care, people tc you got left out. We played the Peach Bowl, beat beat beat Old miss Hey. Thank you, enjoy your rents.
Speaker 4: If you end up with two, if you end up with three amazing games, nobody's gonna care.
Speaker 2: Nobody's will care. They gonna say this is great.
Speaker 3: And last year the final, the final four game, the two play the two semi final playoff games last year were great.
Speaker 5: You know, Ohio State had Georgia debt.
Speaker 3: Run, homeboy missed the field goal. That Michigan TCU game, back and forth game.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: Those two games were great, which you know, what was what everybody wanted in the last one came.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, your your alma mater.
Speaker 3: Hey baby, I went straight down to the halftime with raining. First all you know, I haven't lived in l a foreveryday. I've never seen rain like that, and so Sofi Stadium does not have it ain't got nothing on the size it saw sunshine. So it's raining sideways and they gave us blankets versus cold. LA's cold. It's raining sideways, papers all wet. Halftime by like midway through the first quarter, like, yeah, this ain't happened. So my man told me they got they got Brandy's donuts downstairs.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I packed everything up, went on downstairs. I'm like, I'm gonna sit here in the nice warmth, and the boy watching on TV and I'll just ready to interviews.
Speaker 5: That thing was a wrap.
Speaker 4: I will say this, you know, because everybody, you know, if I'm looking at and I'm saying they wanted the best four teams in there, I think we can all agree to. Alabama now is a better team than what Florida State will be able to put on the field.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, from an entertainment standpoint, they're definitely gonna these games should be entertained. I'm looking I'm very much looking forward to uh Texas Rude who Armentary Eagleton his long horns will be there.
Speaker 5: But it's a rematch between.
Speaker 3: Alimobile, which Washington beat them last year San Antonio twenty seven twenty and then it's it's Michigan Alabama. We saw when they announced that, the Michigan folks is like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got this. We know, we don't want this smoke. What do we do to earn this smoke? Football man?
Speaker 4: Alabama has gotten a lot better, you know since the beginning of the season. The quarterback has gotten better, got bench, came back. He looks like a totally different player. I know what happened with Aubert. That is a that is a rivalry game. It is usually gonna be some weird type of stuff happened in that game. But they are a better team than what they were at the beginning of the season, So.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to it. Looking forward to it all right.
Speaker 3: Players last watching by Tostito, shack Lenard has decided to sign with Philadelphia, and I kind of felt that was where it was going.
Speaker 2: Putting that picture that you said, well, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: My man John Clark up there NBC Philadelphia, I was like, yeah, okay, that's where he'll probably end up going. I guess he was with the security guard he got kicked out the other night and picked him up from the airport.
Speaker 2: Dumb, dumb, my man, dum dumb. Okay, setting traps.
Speaker 3: He touched Michael Parsons, he might get he might get get the full hit on Sunday over at and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: So he signed one year deal with them.
Speaker 3: They need the linebackers, so okay, it is what it is, you know, being interested to see the Shaquille Leonards actually play this weekend against the Cowboys and how.
Speaker 5: What he does play. But he's gonna go to Philadelphia. I'm not shocked at all.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys obviously made the pitch Heck, they showed him how they could use him, but he decided to go there.
Speaker 4: Philip, I told y'all from the beginning, I didn't want him to use us as a bargainership. I meant it, don't let him out of the building. If he's serious about us. He knew where you wanted to go from the beginning to me, uh, if he wanted to be here with a sign with us. I think Philadelphia, especially with their need at the linebacker position, they suffering right now. Are the Cowboys suffering at the same page that the Eagles are?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: So obviously, when it came down to the negotiation standpoint, he had more leverage and probably leveraged last night's game, yesterday's game, whereas the senior you need me, So they made the more that was probably beneficial for them. But still, man, you got a player that maybe has some health issues. It may not be the long term answer for them if he can't get healthy this year. Yeah, I think you could have helped us. I think you could have helped us. Unfortunate that he did go to the Eagles, But like I said, is what it is. You know, like it happens. You had an opportunity. He decided, you want to go somewhere else. Now he got to see us, hopefully on Sunday. One of the big time runs that Tony Paula be been putting on these defensives. Maybe you see one of them that this Sunday. So, I mean, I still think we have enough to do what we need to do to go out there and get the win against the Eagles. As long as we show up you know how we've been playing, and we don't take a step back, I think we'll be okay. Now we're gonna have a fired up Eagles team though coming here. So it's gonna be some fireworks.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys Eagle game on NBC Sunday and at football it is the Marquee game. It is going to be packed. If you plan on going out to the game, I would adviuy you to get the early. Whatever time you normally leave, you may want to leave forty forty five earlier because everybody is trying to get to this game. It is going to be the hottest ticket in town. And for the folks who went out there Thanksgiving Day, you know it was packed. This is going to be next level. This one truly matters. This is a game the Cowboys have to have, period. They cannot afford to lose this game.
Speaker 5: You gotta win it. Got no choice. Heck, they got no choice.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you I'm going back to the last night's game. Okay, I'm going back to the last night's game, and it was it was a point in that game where I said, oh, they're not getting off the hook tonight. I've seen them be down and they make a move to get back, but it was like San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Is not letting them up off the mat.
Speaker 4: They are going to put their foot on the neck and continue to expose the weaknesses not only in their defense but on their offense.
Speaker 2: They just didn't have.
Speaker 4: They didn't have that whatever it is Jenney sei Kwal to get back in games like they had been before.
Speaker 2: And man, the people are lying to us in the media. They're saying that.
Speaker 4: Running games don't count, because they do. And you saw it with CEMC yesterday. That was the difference him being able to run in the phone booth against that defensive line and get to the second level and the Eagles just can't tackle. I don't know if y'all do it. I mean, they have tackling problems. But man, that they exposed the back half of that that defense.
Speaker 5: So heck, and Danny was born in nineteen eighty three, so he don't know this. I'm like you and I know this is.
Speaker 2: Cluver Lane, your son pain. That's what they My favorite Rocky by the.
Speaker 5: Way, what's your prediction poin?
Speaker 2: That's what they came out and talking.
Speaker 3: That noise ran through their little pregame warm up. The Sirianni wanted to get a mad. They talked that talk. They went in there and beat these boys, and you got Debo who talked it waving at the crowd. It was fun to watch for me, like popcorn watch.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it that like all that was cool. I think that's one of those one of those things where one team is a little bit they have more motivation to come in there and try to fight you because they lost.
Speaker 2: Like I'm coming to get revenged. I got a little bit.
Speaker 4: More about me when I come in, So yeah, I'm talk a little bit more trash when the other people looking at you, like, hey, y'all, y'all just up.
Speaker 2: We already beat y'all. So I can.
Speaker 4: Understand why Debo and them need to come out and do all that. And also that's they brand of football. Get a little physical, try to get your head, get a little dirty, and then go out there, you know, and punish. And they did. And they ain't the only team that the forty nine ers to punish. I think them being healthy with Deebo and Trent Williams on the on the field at the same time. That's just that's just a hard team for you to defend. That's a hard team for you to defend. They run a game. They running game. Rock Party slipped a little bit. Rock Purty's the real deal. He can go out there. Shanahan caused the right place for him to be able to make him. With Ayu and Debo and CMC and George Kittle, they put on the full show last night.
Speaker 2: So shout out to them. They they came out ready to.
Speaker 5: Go forty two points.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia held eighteen rushers for forty.
Speaker 5: Eight yards running the ball and they couldn't run the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it was a show. That's the way you do It's it was a show. Now that's the way you do it. I wanted to see. We talk about their strengths and we talk about the weakness, but the strength of their team has been their ability to run and stay balanced. What we saw from San Francisco was them sell out to say, you're not gonna be able to run the ball, period, We'll take away everything else.
Speaker 2: Get we don't care about giving you a J. Brown.
Speaker 4: And they frustrated AJ Brown so much last last night, and that's maybe that's the key to getting him off his game, is just frustrating him because he can be his own worst enemy in those situations. But defensively, they had no answer for the San Francisco. For the Niners, We've been there, I've seen that kind of pressure put on us.
Speaker 2: I've just for the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: We're looking to evaluated Seattle when they played against San Francisco last week and now looking at this Philadelphia tape versus San Francisco. You go, man, once they get you in this position where you don't know if they're gonna run, whether they're gonna pass, they just completely nullify your pass rush. He listen, last night's game did not make me feel any better about us. Just so you know, like I wasn't watching the Eagles saying, oh yeah, we got a better chance at beating them.
Speaker 3: Hool that because I want to dive deeper into what you just said. Right there, Danny, that deserves a deeper dive.
Speaker 2: He said it too quick, didn't you know?
Speaker 5: I want to get a take a break, come back here.
Speaker 3: Can give us a deeper dive. He's Danny mc craig, former Dallas Cowboys safety of the Rescriens. He's hec Ma Harrison. This is Players Loaves brought to you by Tostito's on Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping that Youack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lift ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Ftaya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers.
Speaker 4: And more.
Speaker 9: The Bowl unique apparel of the Boss and a collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 6: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smearenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home or away.
Speaker 6: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: To the players Lounge Wow.
Speaker 4: Since the season for youth football and dance camps resented by in Visi Ligne, don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at at At Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third.
Speaker 2: Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Registered today at Dallascowboys dot Com Slash camps.
Speaker 2: Come on out, Come on out, Come on out. We got a few weeks.
Speaker 5: Danny M.
Speaker 2: Kra You ready to get it to this topic? Come on, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: You know what man I'm I just you know, heckmanize him around here, man, we feeling good.
Speaker 2: Good to watch what we watched here.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like you're trying to just poor little salt in it was on Monday, or or the realism. Maybe it'sat the realism. I'm not ready to drink the realism drink just yet. But that's okay. That's why we're here, that's why we do the show.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm just saying, like me, watching the Eagles get beat down like that doesn't make me feel better about the Cowboy how I felt about how I felt about our chances to get the against the Eagles going into that game that they played against San Francisco on Sunday. I still feel the same, and now I feel a little bit more like now the pressure is on both teams. You got a team that just got stumped out like that. They gotta respond right now. You're gonna get the Cowboys. This is playing for so the Cowboys don't tie you up in the division.
Speaker 2: You're going to get a really, really.
Speaker 4: Good effort out of the Eagles, especially if you wasn't getting the best, if they would have want, you're gonna get it now because they have to respond. They in the situation to where they need to get a win. That's going to like the States are hired for both teams. But I saw us get stumped out by the forty niners. All right, I know what type of team they or I know what type of difficulties that they can present to a defense. And we watched it happen with the Philadelphia Eagles, who had barely been hanging on for the last couple weeks. Now they got a shot to sit down and say, all right, well, we gotta go see what we gotta fix, Cowboys. We need to do that proof time and consistency against teams with winning records, and this is just another opportunity for us to do that against the Eagles. I don't feel like, all of a sudden, now we found the magic blueprint to go knock the Eagles out.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that way.
Speaker 3: So the thing old school sitting here, we're sitting on hopes and dreams. Cowboy fans, right now, you got hopes and dreams of trying to win this division. Won't get the one seed if the records all stay the same, because San Francisco will on the one seed.
Speaker 2: But they got bout some more and some they they got settle.
Speaker 5: If everything stays the same.
Speaker 3: But but you got some hopes and dreams, if you're a Cowboy fan right now and knowing you can get it done.
Speaker 5: We did, we did the preseason.
Speaker 3: But I think all of us tin to check our little magic not chat of integrity.
Speaker 2: Let me look, let me look magic sheet of integrity. I'm telling you. I'm telling you a the time. Yeah, yeah, you believe.
Speaker 5: I believe, we believe they.
Speaker 2: We lost the two big games already. I was right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: Right, listen, see what see this is how you're trying to paint it. I'm not saying that I don't believe we can beat them. I'm saying how I felt about them after we win Blue breaks off of was a seat or our offense played very well against Seattle, how we played against them, I was like, you know what, we got a shot to be really really good on offense, and we can beat anybody. I still feel the exact same way about going into this game. I do not feel like now we can go out here and just blow out the Eagles because all of a sudden, chinking their armor and now we didn't figure out.
Speaker 2: How to beat them. I don't feel that way.
Speaker 4: I feel like you still need to show up and this is going to be one of those one of those classic games. I feel like it's gonna be one of those.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with you on that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Talking to Rodney Harrison today, ask me about some things like, well, you know, Keys is the game And one of the things I told right said, they have got to figure out these dog on penalties. It is still problematic and it's gonna hurt you in a game of this type of magnitude of the team is good with the nine penalties.
Speaker 2: The other ninth nine nine and uh nine for one, that's.
Speaker 5: Not gonna cut it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: And especially when you go up against a team that can can score with you. Those undisciplined things that have been happening in Mike McCarthy's tenure here as a coach as something that I'm sure that he's trying to get ahead of and not happen, especially when, like I said, you play a forty nine ers or you play a Philadelphia team. And then also limiting the turnovers as well. You can't turn the ball over versus good teams like that, and I think Dak Prescott's play has shown you that if he don't turn the ball over and the defense can just hold up, we're gonna win some really close games and we can blow some teams out. Danny, I just believe this game was the Philadelphia's gonna play this game the same way if they had three days rest, whatever it is they're gonna play because of the NFC East Divisional game. Look, all I've been looking for when I've been watching Philly is somebody to expose what I've seen Last week when Buffalo played them, I had the feeling that Josh Allen was already showing it.
Speaker 2: Look, they are vulnerable, they can be.
Speaker 4: Beat if they had them, and they let Philadelphia off the hook. They allowed them to get back in that game and win it in overtime. Yesterday versus San Francisco. San Francisco just never let up, and it was those fourteen every quarter fourteenth. You start to break that game down and you start to say, man, San Francisco is on a roll and Philadelphia can't do anything about it. What made me feel good is just basically saying Tony Pollard, I hope you're watching this game, because if you can have some success guys like Brandon cooks our third and fourth, but Ferguson guys like that they can eat versus this secondary cook. You are right, because I want I don't want to knock out players. I'm just saying when you when you look at the guys who are making those type of players last night debo coming out of the backfield, and then you talked about Christian McCaffrey being the guy Tony Paula Christian McCaffrey not the same player, all right, I think I think that San Francisco has some different ways of utilizing those players, and then also having the CMC. It's a reason why he's made such a difference since he's been in San Francisco actually being probably the main piece of why they're so successful. It's a reason why is there So Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of teams who are not who are not able to handle a team like San Francisco, especially if they get the lead on them like.
Speaker 2: That they've cut up and when healthy or absolutely.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is production wise, a guy like Tony Pollard not only can give you the minute in the running game, he can also give it to you in the passing game as well, and that's where I draw the comparison between those two. Ceedee Lamb right now is playing better than any wide receiver in the NFC.
Speaker 2: And you can put de bot name in there as well. The numbers don't lie. I'm not. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: And can we look at Tony Poller's receiving yards for the last few games, like if we're comparing him to the Christian McCaffrey touched down every game, all that stuff, it's not to me, it's not the same. It's not We don't present the same type of challenges to Philly that San Francisco UH does to Philly. We did play Philadelphia very well when we played them, it ain't the same head like we got. I'm not I'm not calling I'm not calling them the same, Danny. I'm saying what they can do as players as far as the way that you can use them. That's why I said, that's why Tony Pollad is so important in this game versus Philadelphia. Not calling him CMC. What I'm saying is if he can have the same type of game production seventeen carries ninety seven yards in the touchdown, we need that. If he can have forty catches forty yards, we need that. But also if Ceedee Lamb can have the same type of performance that he had before, which was one hundred and ninety one yards receiving, I'm not asking him to do that again, but still have that type of production and Ferguson and the other guys that you need, the other cast of characters that you need to show up and have half production.
Speaker 2: We could beat this. I just want to be clear.
Speaker 4: You had one hundred and forty total yards for Tony Poller when you just said that, which I don't like that. That's not a I gotta see it continuously to believe that Tony Paul is going to do such a thing. I believe Ceedee Lamb is gonna go hand on these guys. I believe you get Brandon Cooks involved in the game. I think he can be a very impactful player in this game.
Speaker 3: Going back into just looking statistically at that Cowboy game they lost twenty eight twenty three in Philadelphia. Brandon Cooks and we spoke about he had one catch in the game for seven yards and was targeted a grand total of two times. Ceedee Lamb in that game, had sixteen tardsgets eleven catches. Ferguson had ten targets for seven catches. Jalen Tolbert five targets, three catches, Michael Gallup three targets, two catches. Tony Pollard had three catches in that game for twelve yards on five targets and then running the ball, he was twelve fifty one in the game, no touchdowns at all.
Speaker 5: And as a team, the Cowboys were.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven carries seventy three yards, averaging three point five. So I think they got to get the run game up in that game there. But to me, I go back to what you said, and then afterwards when it was presented to Mike McCarthy, we saw cooks go on a run. If they can incorporate cooks into this, let's say you take the eight targets you gave Tolbert and Gallop and you throw six to seven cooks, you can.
Speaker 5: Have a different game.
Speaker 3: Because we know Philadelphia's secondary is not good.
Speaker 5: It's not good.
Speaker 3: And oh by the way, ryding Hairschbar, somebody gonna help term steel this week. I'm like, that's a dog gone good question.
Speaker 4: San Francisco presented a bunch of different challenges to Philly, and they're gonna present a bunch of different challenges to a lot of different teams. I think us against Philly, it's just totally different. Like we're finna play a divisional game. We went up there last time, all like we had a chance to win the game. We played them very well. It wasn't very high scoring, but both both teams were making plays. And like you said, Tony Pollard, how many catches for thirteen yards? Three catches for thirteen yard for twelve yards and then fifty yards Russian. I'm saying that's the difference of like what we would need Tony Poler to do. When you watch what Christian McCaffrey has been able to do the teams, If we want Tony Poler to be able to do that, like he's gonna have to show us that he's still that he still got that ninety seven yards Russian and forty yards catching. That's a hell of a game and I would love to see Tony Pouler do that.
Speaker 3: So what if it's Tony Pollard playoffs against like he had against the forty nine ers against the Philadelpi team, does that you know that kind of.
Speaker 4: I'm better with it, like you just you just have to be able to run. Like I'm enjoying to put it all on Dak Prescott. I'm enjoying it because Dak Prescott has been taking care of the ball, throwing multiple touchdowns, get multiple people involved. But that running game is something that I believe that when you play against teams like that, especially if you're able to get a lead, people that let Philadelphia off the hook decided not to run the football. If you able to really have Tony Pouler have a real footprinted impact on this game, then I think it's different. But if you don't, then you're back to playing that same ball that you played last time. When you look at Dallas, when you look at Dallas and you look at the wins that they've had, and you look at them versus the San Franciscos and the Philadelphias, you do have to come away with saying we're missing something. We're missing something. Even with all the success that they've had lately, you're still saying there's something missing. And I'm saying that that ingredient has to be the running game that we're not.
Speaker 2: Able to expose.
Speaker 4: Teams move the chains do what we saw last night, Christian McCaffrey do. I am not calling Tony Pollard Christian McCaffrey for the record.
Speaker 2: I'm saying is.
Speaker 4: If you you get the production out of your running game the same that you see San Francisco getting it, you will have that production because then Dak Prescott doesn't have to play to the defense's traps that they're trying to set for.
Speaker 2: And I agree.
Speaker 4: The only thing I'm saying is San Francisco is they major in running the football and causing confusion with eyes and alignments and motions. They major in that. We are not that team, like our scheme is not what San Franca Haven't.
Speaker 2: You seen Mike? Have you seen Mike get to a little bit of that? Though?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, and I have I'm sorry to cut you off. I have, I have seen them get to that. I'm saying it's still different for what Shanahan does. How much you can sprinkle in with what Mike Mike McCarthy's been doing. They major in making sure that your eyes are in the right place, and if they not, it's gonna be big runs and big passes all over the place. And that's that's what they're gonna present to any team that they play.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get a break in here.
Speaker 3: Is it an excuse for a reason being used for Philadelphia after yesterday's defeat. Let's dive into that with Heck Maharrison, Danny McCrae, I am newly Scruggs Players Lounge, our guy Barry Church off today morning the Toledo loss in the MAC Championship game.
Speaker 5: He'll hopefully be He'll go back to no.
Speaker 3: All right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com Radia.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into a Coolie or Patayo bowl handcrafted with Freunchie purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors. Only a Smoothie King the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 7: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: That's get Jack Black dot com.
Speaker 7: Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped slaft.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 2: Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge, Win.
Speaker 4: Experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, power by Reliant, Every Friday and Saturday night through December sixteenth, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance, showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboy football heroes. Visit the Star District dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you, heck Ma Harrison. Hey, do you y'all seen in the Ali movie? Yeah? Well Will Smith played Ali? He will be right. Do you remember when Ali sitting on the couch.
Speaker 4: Waiting Joe Frasier, Joe Fraser's fighting Muhammad Ali and then I mean, Joe Fraser's fighting George Forman and then he knock him out and the look on everybody's face. I feel like that's what people was doing last night for the Cowboy They sitting there like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Down goes free.
Speaker 10: Oh but I'm like, hey, man, listen, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm glad, y'all happy? You know what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you more than anything, it's just that you've seen teams the Cowboys started it. They had their opportunities to beat this team that was on a roll, on a winning streak, And you're saying to yourself, man, we had every opportunity. You see another team, Miami come in up on them, and then they find a way to give the game back to him. Buffalo had him find a way to give the game back to him, and then last night you just had this feeling like I know you, Lyne, I know you are not about to lit them, especially after that first quarter that San Francisco had, which was a horrible first quarter. They just got up off the mat and just started whooping on them.
Speaker 2: That's that should lead you right into your next point.
Speaker 4: Because the teams you just named that the Eagles beat throughout that whole time with the with the Dolphins, and then go out there and beat they beat us, to beat the Bills. That's that's Those are some really good teams. There's some really good teams. We ain't make an excuse for nobody.
Speaker 3: They guntlet his own players, Craig Fire that's today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's all right. I just I just.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Are we Cowboys fans have.
Speaker 5: Hopes and dreams available.
Speaker 2: Again, if I'm watching somebody else, whoop the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we got my phone out, got my phone. The guys in the locker room, we got to bring everything. Everything we got you had to anyways on the line. I think it's a little different. I think I think it means a little bit more at this point because at first you had a little cushion.
Speaker 2: Now you ain't got no cushion. Yes, yeah, got my phone out on video.
Speaker 4: So so don't lose it because you saw them get their butt wop.
Speaker 5: Like that man checking social media last night.
Speaker 3: It was a national and he's based up in the New England area up north. He tweets out that this should not be a shock that the Eagles losses thirteen games, and I mean three games and thirteen days. They had the overtime game against Buffalo. You knew they would be tired. One reason why I did pick Philadelphia to get beat was the fact that, yes, this is a tough guntlet they were on, especially playing Buffalo, and if you don't know how to navigate it like the Cowboys do and Danny you played here.
Speaker 5: You know about the three games in twelve days.
Speaker 3: If you don't know how to navigate it and you're not ready for it, you can't get got.
Speaker 5: But the way they got beat up.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought Philadelphia because going back here when I picked my game, I thought Philly would lose and I had them going down thirty two to twenty six. I didn't think they was gonna go there and get the breaks beat off of I mean, they got the breaks beat off of them.
Speaker 5: But is it an excuse the.
Speaker 3: Whole you know, three games of thirteen days, or is it a reason why they got it.
Speaker 4: If you gave them ten days rest and they got up next Sunday and played San Francisco, they get they butt beat the same San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 4: They have all of the weapons, they have the scheme, and you were just talking about Shanahan and their attention to detail and running the ball the way that.
Speaker 2: They used Kittle yesterday.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was checkmate all over the field, darted, there was nothing that Sirianni could do. By the time they got to the fourth quarter, doll that game was over with. And I was asking myself, why the hell is Jalen Hurst back in his game? Because it's over with. It's over with, and so I mean, it doesn't matter they pulled the San Francisco proved the point that they wanted to from the playoff loss.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.
Speaker 4: What you man, what you think about the because it sounds like you're saying nine times out of ten, the San Francisco forty nine ers are going to beat the Philadelphia Eagles, And I don't agree. I don't agree. I'm not making any excuses for the God what could they I'm not. I'm not making excuses for the Philadelphia Eagles. You are correct about the one the Gauntlet, and then how many games you play in a certain amount of days, and sometimes you just get a bad draw coming off the last game that you play in the in that in that little series. And I think the draft that they got last night for the for the San Francisco forty nine is to come in after getting beat last year in the playoffs because the quarterback is out.
Speaker 2: Are you giving them an excuse?
Speaker 4: I just said, I said, I'm not okay, they don't exu You went on the field, you walked out on the field, you played the game.
Speaker 2: There's no excuse.
Speaker 4: You've been off for three you played three and twelve. No one would have gave the Cowboys an excuse, period, right.
Speaker 2: Not that I'm not. I'm not taking it there.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that one playing those that many games and that in that short amount of time, it does take taking a toll on you. But you stepped up out there, you prepared all week, and you played the game. You don't have no excuse for losing and they didn't make any this this reporter did. I didn't hit none of the Eagles guys in the locker room saying that, hey, this is why we lost. They went out there and they got they butt whooped, and you know they're gonna take it.
Speaker 3: One of the things I have admired about what Mike McCarthy's done in his job here the past few seasons is he's figured out that schedule of how you got to operate this thing, and if.
Speaker 5: You haven't done it, there's an adjustment period there.
Speaker 3: And that game against Buffalo overtime game takes something natty, but still I thought it would be a close game. I did not expect the San Francisco forty nine ers to come in there and butt stop them. I mean that was the part like, oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: I thought they were stop the fight. Stopped the fight. Yes, I think, I think.
Speaker 4: I think watching that game last night, I do believe that San Francisco is the better team. I don't think there's that much better. I don't think there's that much better to where every time they playing it's gonna look like that.
Speaker 2: I think that right now they are the better team.
Speaker 4: But you would agree, but you would agree that when we played them forty two to ten, that they were that much better than us at that time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, watching that with my own eye, Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a replay with It's not like that they miss me.
Speaker 4: But then when you watch Philadelphia play the same game, you say, oh, they could play better than than what I'm saying. I'm sorry, they're better than us. They're not forty whatever the team better than us. I'm saying they are better. I still believe at that point they were a better team than we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're not because this is gonna happen because this is the NFL.
Speaker 2: This is the NFL.
Speaker 4: Soon as you put the team up there on the pedestal, okay, they're gonna go out there. They got Seattle, they got Seattle. This week, they got Baltimore. They still got played. I'm watching what the Green Bay Packers doing. You look at Kansas City, who were talking about the time like that's like, that's the least see that.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. That's the lead. That's that's that's my point.
Speaker 5: Spen Son, A rematch it. I don't think they got that on paper.
Speaker 2: I don't think they got that.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving him alone, but I need to say the full thing. Shout out.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 4: You won't let it go.
Speaker 2: We have been off that.
Speaker 4: You can't we talking about something else.
Speaker 2: And I let it go. It's over. It's over.
Speaker 4: It's not good for the next twenty minutes. It's all good. I feel will spill. I don't miss it.
Speaker 2: Something. Don't give me.
Speaker 4: I got nothing, nothing, I got nothing. Man, listen, I know the church will be back and all and stuff. We better show up.
Speaker 3: It's a fun week, man, It's a fun week all week long. Sunday night football on NBC, the Eagles come to town. Uh they call it Dallas weak up there. You might as well call it Eagles Week this year the boy because at the end of the day, you got what you want. You want this, You got hopes and dreams in front of you. The Cowboys have to respond. No people talk about you and be a winning team all year long. Okay, here you go. Even though Seattle was six and five. You know who they are. You know what it's about. No excuses, get it done.
Speaker 2: How many opportunities do you get to prove that you belong. This is another one. Right. We done fail.
Speaker 4: This has failed quite We have failed quite a few and here we get another opportunity to prove it. And that's all you can ask for, especially with the playoff seating to being where it is right now, you have an opportunity to take advantage of an Eagles team that's coming off of loss. You win this game, you tie the NFC up and as far as that top seeding. And we've been talking about their home playoff winning rate, the rate that they've been winning at home, and how this team deserves to play a game at home and if they're able to get this win, get some luck from the Baltimore's and other people in other divisions versus San Francisco, they possibly could find themselves. Was the number one live up to it. This is a very important game going into the last stretch of the season. This is a very important game just because the way you started the season with your first measure stick game and then you got your second measure stick game. Now you're finna get your third one before you go into what is probably one of the toughest endings to the seasons that I've ever second, so to start it off with the with the confidence and the momentum of beating the Philadelphia Eagles, tyning up for first place.
Speaker 2: It is huge.
Speaker 4: It is huge, and to me, it will be a huge let down for us not to take advantage of the situation of this opportunity. Shout out to your Houston, Texas too. By the way, it's a hell of a game. You watch that, gull. I think I only missed one this week. I think it was It might have been the Eagles.
Speaker 2: That's cracked was mind.
Speaker 4: So I think I'm in the same I think i'm you.
Speaker 2: Picked.
Speaker 4: You picked the texts after I picked. I'm just telling Ross cooking hun. Oh and you got the Patriots. You picked the Patriots, didn't you?
Speaker 11: No, it was you yet you the day in the day for Bill, they asked him like, hey, you want to coach the team next year?
Speaker 5: I'm just worried about trying to play Pittsburgh Like, oh.
Speaker 3: He don't even want to be around this stub. Theyre about to get no more pick man. Look, we gotta talk about this all week long right here.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be fun. Heck, Mac Harrison appreciate you stopping by today.
Speaker 2: Stopping by I'll be here the moll.
Speaker 5: Rescue married Church off the golf course and in Toledo.
Speaker 3: See if you giving us forty two dollars, they might have won that match championship.
Speaker 2: Dam Y Craye National Champion.
Speaker 5: Love it, man, love it.
Speaker 2: CFP. You gotta vote, You gotta vote. Vote, have voted that way? Who you got? Washington, Texas? Oh that's tough, but I'm going to Texas way, Dren. Come on, man, Dad, can't gonna do that to you.
Speaker 4: All right, man, I'm from the great citat in Houston, in a great state of Texas.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about from Washington? I'm all right.
Speaker 4: You're going with the might be going to fighting Isaiah standing backs man, Husky, you got you got.
Speaker 2: We know he's not gonna pick nobody. He's gonna roll tied. You're gonna roll tied.
Speaker 5: Out Washington, Texas. You know what, Purple and gold with the dogs.
Speaker 3: I got to roll with the purple and gold dogs.
Speaker 4: Okay, alright, alright, but you all your brothers they going good for that, okay.
Speaker 2: In this game? Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Another thing about the the NFC West Goodness Grace is the Cardinals all of a sudden that becomes you go up in there slipping, and you can lose that game too. So I'm looking at San Francisco as one of those teams where you still got the Rams who are surgery. You got the Arizona Cardinals with Colin Murris playing for us, you got Seattle. So yes, the Cowboys have a real opportunity here to really make some noise.
Speaker 5: Dreams.
Speaker 2: Try to squash the dream.
Speaker 4: He tried to squash it at the beginning, and then he know, I've just seen the way y'all were smiling because y'all seen the other team get beat like that, y'all smiling like it's gonna help us.
Speaker 2: That don't help us, don't. I don't. Hey that woman, that woman ain't got nothing to do with us.
Speaker 5: No mean, I can't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can enjoy all right, Chris Beam, appreciate you, Jazz Big, Will, Josh, everybody a part of this. We will talk to you tomorrow right here on the players Last Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.