Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Ready, when you're ready, let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, sixth Eastern, Saturday Mornings. Someday I'll get new inserts Saturday mornings Tonay Pacific one Eastern. Our main man, Jim Valley, and we got a lot to get into here today, do we ever? Filthy Tom Lawler is gonna be joining us in the next segment, and I don't even know if he knows this or not, but he's finding out right now. Mike simper Bb is also joining us here today. It's gonna be a three man booth brother and we're gonna talk about a lot of stuff because I am doing this show and then I'm going to the airport because it is all in weekend and as a result, we have a lot to talk about. We've got the Dynamite Show tonight. Nine segments announced for the show, and they got to announce a bunch of stuff for Collision as well, because Collision is also taping tonight. They're gonna do the Dynamite and Collision taping and then everybody heads out to the UK on Thursday, and so we'll know a lot later on tonight. We've also got more notes from Tony Kahn's media call and Phoenix off the show, and he mentioned there could be more, but right now it is just Ray Phoenix.
Speaker 3: We'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Jericho is going to be performing at the show, not just in the ring but as a part of Fozzy as well. Got notes on Brian Danielson and Darby Allen, the raw rating from Monday which took a big hit, and NFL preseason and and of course you know the actual NFL season's coming, so be prepared for some changes in terms of raw ratings. Bud the Ron SmackDown ratings, you know for the overall on television still did very very well. Give you notes on that, and of course in the show, the world famous NXT TV report.
Speaker 3: It was a big show. It was heat wave. I'll say about that and so much more.
Speaker 1: And back in a moment to kick it off Observer Live. Well, we're back here on the show Bran Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simber VV also of a Wrestling Observer dot com and yeah, we're all here today, simper vv filthy. It's a three man booth today.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Some reason Tom is very low, I am very high and uh Sumber of VVS right there in the middle. I'm sure we can get that fixed somehow he got on like this maybe huh eh, hey, we'll.
Speaker 4: Figure it out. Figure it out before tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Now, let's not I'll talk over each other with this. Three is a crowd, yes, Tom?
Speaker 2: Why do Why do I not get a website tag? It's not filthy Tom Laller of Farmers Only dot com or filthy Tom Waller.
Speaker 5: Of I don't know, kink dot com. It could be anything. No, I don't get talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't get the the F four w online tag behind my name?
Speaker 5: Are you not proud?
Speaker 3: Where's your name? I don't even know what you're talking about?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: This is Brian Alvarez of Wrestling Observer dot com. This is Mike sepper V also Wrestling Observer dot com.
Speaker 1: This other bomb list eighty five promotions you're working for right now?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 5: I could use the help.
Speaker 1: Yes, what do you want enemy, Well, listen, we got a lot to talk about here today, and tomorrow is gonna be you and Simpy alone.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's the plan. No, you're not gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I'll be here tomorrow. What day is it?
Speaker 3: Today's Wednesday? You idiot?
Speaker 1: You and tom tomorrow? Yeah, I'll be here and then Tom's gonna go solo. And that's still the plan on Friday, and he may even try to facilitate a guest mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Golly.
Speaker 1: It just warms my heart when I can leave and someone else can do what I'm supposed to do. So don't screw this up for me, Tom, or are you tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Simp?
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm not planning on doing what you do, Brian.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna sit here and complain and badger the other people on the show. I'm gonna put forth my best effort and try to hold down the fort for Mike while he's gone on Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, don't do what I usually do, which is sleep through the show and then I'm just you know, left talking to Dom. Don't do that to me.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask who can screwed up less, simper viv or filthy. But I think even simper vv knows what the answer.
Speaker 5: Is to be.
Speaker 4: Who can screw it up less? Jim Valley? Who can screw it up less?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got a couple of things here. Tonight is Dynamite, which is where do we say it was tonight, Dluth Georgia, Duluth, Georgia, Yes, where Dluth, Georgia Metropolis.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be very interesting because it is a It is a Dynamite and Collision taping.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how that goes tonight.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, there's nothing better than having the biggest show you've ever had on Sunday and then a couple of days prior you got to try to get everybody in the building for a duel taping. That's gonna be fun. But we've got John Moxley and Ray Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Which we'll talk about.
Speaker 4: On the Collision Show.
Speaker 1: We've got Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks versus Juice Robinson and the Guns, Sky Blue versus Ruby Soho Swerve An Air Fox versus Darby and Nick Wayne, Ussie Open versus The Hearty's for the Ring of Honor World Tag Team titles. Jack Perry says he will retire the FTW title. Renee will speak to Adam Cole, Renee will speak to MJF, Chris Jericho, and will Ospray Love a contract signing now. Yesterday, Tony Kahan talked about how there would be a change in the card for All Out and perhaps more changes, and one of those changes is Ray Phoenix. Ray Phoenix his passport issues are not worked out to the point where he can go on this trip, and so he can't leave the country to go here. It was noted that the reason he did not go to Triple Mania and drop the Latin American title is for the same reason. It is not clear when the promotion found out Phoenix was not able to go. Obviously, when they put the show together, this would have been within the last I would say week. It was it was fairly recently that that happened. He is still wrestling John Moxley tonight. And then it says in checking on potential replacements, Bandido was.
Speaker 3: Touch and go, wanted to be on the show.
Speaker 1: He just got the pin removed from his wrist yesterday and it would be early but not impossible. Mckingo pulled out of GCW dates this weekend. The match was scheduled to be Phoenix, Eddie Kingston, Penta, Orange, Cassidy, Trent, and Chuck against Moxley, Claudio Wheeler and three Mystery Partners.
Speaker 3: And that's all.
Speaker 1: Changing, and I believe it is it gonna end up being a singular five on five match, not six on six. But I don't know who's in and who's out other than Phoenix, So that is at least one change for the show coming up on Sunday. Hopefully Phoenix gets it all figured out quickly so we can travel and.
Speaker 2: Brian, I believe that would be the unplanned change and Tony Kahn said they were planned changes as well.
Speaker 1: So well things, yeah, But I mean what he could mean by a plan changes if we have two mystery partners, whoever they are, is a plan to change, although maybe adding Mystery Partners is not a change, but I think that they're going to be, you know, people added to the show is what he's talking about that you're not expecting, So I don't think he was talking about other people being pulled, but I could be wrong. But that's the update on Phoenix, and then Jericho will be doing a live performance. He and the rest of Fozzy, since people were asking, will be performing Judas Live. So he's going to sing his way to the ring for a match with will Ospray. Yes, for the first time ever, he says, we are going to be playing Judas Live for you and Wembley at all.
Speaker 4: In he'll be able to say now for decades after this that Fozzy played in front of ninety thousand people at Wembley Stadium. Oh yeah, we else can say that.
Speaker 3: Good for him. He should got to take credit for that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I may even record a show so I can say that I recorded a show in front of ninety thousand people.
Speaker 3: That's Wimbley Stadium. That's my plan.
Speaker 1: We've got a couple of other notes. We'll do some interview comments you'ly, Hey, you guys both watch NXT by the way, Yes, yeah, yes, what's so funny, Mike?
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure if you were going to say. I've given you guys some sending you guys some C cards and we're going to all recite the five way in the ring between all of the women.
Speaker 3: God forbid.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I know that some of you here, I know that some of you here really don't like to hear about NXT. Okay, but you know my job is my job is to watch everything, and I'm gonna tell you if you don't watch the show, what you should and maybe should not watch. And I want everybody within the sound of my voice, all of you on the chat right now, they're going, ugh whatever, go watch Ilia Draganov versus Trick Williams. Dude, this match was flat out awesome. It was the best match that Trick Williams has had. Bro Listen, I don't know if we have multiple lives, I don't know if we come back, but there has never been a greater moment in any of Trick Williams' lives better than that match with Ilia Dragonov. It was the best match he's had by multitudes. I mean whatever his previous best match was, this was no joke, like fifty times better. And he'll tell you the same thing it was. You know, like sometimes you see a guy face is she e, and it's like it's just this guy's gonna do is He's gonna do the she match, and it just blows you away how awesome this match is. That's what this I was. I was like, like I knew that Ilia Dragonov was great. Okay, I think we all do. But I'm telling you here last night, maybe not today, maybe not this weekend, last night, the greatest worker on this planet was Ilia Dragonov.
Speaker 3: I mean, am I wrong? Am I wrong? Mike?
Speaker 4: You're not wrong, Okay wrong. But look, it's like when Okada was facing evil and he made all of that House of torture stuff palatable in the moment because you were fighting alongside Okada. That's what Dragonov is doing. That's how good he is. Trick Williams great prospect, but look, Ilia Dragonov's great.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it was all Ilia Dragonov. But man, I mean, we just saw Trick Williams match like two weeks ago with a Gulak and that guy looked like he'd had about three matches and looked totally green. You put him in there with Dragonov and like, oh, Mike, if that would have been like a Tiffany Stratton match, people would say she was the best women's worker in the business right now, because it's you know, Timmy's standing and.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna give you time to screw up or time to have big air to make mistakes or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could be wrong, Tom, what'd you think of this match? As is a seasoned worker?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 3: Is he not the.
Speaker 2: Greatest any man that can win a fight with a second rope h bomb leaping off like Dad Henderson back in the day.
Speaker 5: What a finishing move, What a match? What a wrestler?
Speaker 3: Stand by everybody back in a moment? Observer Live, I got the show.
Speaker 1: Bright Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Nimber of VB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Filthy Tom Lawler, also of a Wrestling Observer dot Com filling host, filling host. Boy man, these people hate NXT on the chat, where's the OEW report? Did I miss Ohio Valley being on national television being number one on cable on Wednesday a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 3: I don't think I did. I don't think I don't.
Speaker 2: Well, it is about to pop up on Netflix exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's funny is when when I did get DBDs from Ohio Valley when it was WWE developmental, I did reviewed every week because it was important and it was good. It was good, and there was a lot of good on NXT last night. But we'll get to that later. Raw Raw Show on Monday, Yikes, one point five to nine million viewers and a point five eighteen to forty Lois Sin's football season ended. I should tell you something. NFL preseason was the main reason a big drop in eighteen to thirty four from last week. So they're all going to start watching football now, So usually they don't take a hit until the regular season begins, but they did here. We got a one point six to five million first hour, one point six to seven million second hour, at a one point four to six million third hour. Been a long time since we were in the one point fours. But the two major WWE programs did do strong numbers for the week of August fourteenth through twentieth. SmackDown with the twenty fifth anniversary celebration of Edge, was fourth among network TV shows all week long. In eighteen to forty nine. The only shows that beat SmackDown all week on any channel were three episodes of Big Brother People sure like they're Big Brothers and then We're going Yeah, says there. SmackDown shot at being number one for all of television on any television network for the week will end during football season. Well that's true. I don't think. I don't think that they're going to beat the NFL.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's for everybody internationally sick of ratings. You're not going to be sick of hearing about ratings and ratings getting hurt by the other thing that you love, which is American Professional football.
Speaker 1: Raw was first on cable last week, and RAW did beat a number of NFL preseason games. They beat Saturday's UFC pay per view prelimbs with the return of Chris Weidman. Dynamite was thirteenth. Can he stop returning on cable? You know there's a lot of guys that should stop returning. But it's MMA bro. Although hey, Tom, I mean you know you might see some what I'm talking about some cheddar. What do you make of this whole thing, Tom Well?
Speaker 3: UFC lawsuit.
Speaker 2: I believe it's it's a very good sign for the over twelve hundred fighters that have been certified as a class. That Judge Bullwear seems to want to rush this thing to the jury, and I, like a lot of other people, believe that a jury would be sympathetic to the fighters. I believe that it's being asked for eight hundred million in damages which could actually go up to triple based on some sort of metrics. So I did the math, and I you know my name, best case scenario, I could be looking at over one hundred grand here. I would think I can't imagine that I would get anywhere near that, but I would love it, believe me. And I think it will behoove TKO to settle this out of court, because I do think that the longer it goes on, and if it goes to a jury, that opens them up a lot to more lawsuits in the future. They're already gonna have to deal with this lawsuit continuing on in the form of Cajun Johnson and whatever other plaintiffs are with him since the twenty seventeen class of fighters has yet to be certified. So there's a lot of problems for WWE and UFC when it comes to this, and I'm hoping they realize that.
Speaker 1: And pad My Pockets, well, I guess the question is, well, I mean there's a million questions, but like, I wonder how they would figure out who gets what, like I believe it for him, and like how many how many fights did you have?
Speaker 3: Where were you on the card?
Speaker 1: Would they like split it equally, so you and Conor McGregor would get the same or work.
Speaker 2: I believe that one of the points of the lawsuit, one of the points of contention, is that they artificially kept down the purses of the fighters through restrictive contracts and free agency and those sort of things. So I would believe would be based upon how many fights you would have in that time And I don't know if they're going to take the time to look at everybody's career individually, but I would have to think that myself. Who I think I have seven fights in this time period in the UFC, I've got to think I would get a bigger payout than you know, somebody who had one fight in the same time period. But you know, I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's interesting is if this does go to trial, then then there will be a jury, obviously, and the question will be what is the actual jury thing as opposed to like with this judge things, because you know, apparently obviously one of the things with a with a monopoly and such is you know, did did were they number one because of restrictive practices or were they number one because they actually were just better than everybody else. And uh, and you know, I don't want to bear anybody, but I watched a lot of M M A back in the day. I saw a lot of promotions come and go. Remember a Yama Is that what it was?
Speaker 4: Yama?
Speaker 2: And Dog, yeah, bow dog.
Speaker 1: And all these The fact of the matter is, you know, UFC got to where it was because they actually were significantly better than everybody else who was trying this.
Speaker 3: But this judge is like.
Speaker 1: I don't see to you reason they were any better than anybody else. So that's his opinion obviously, But like I don't know, like how do you how do you how do they determine this? Like you get just find twelve randos? Or are they gonna like you know, uh, subpoena Dave and just go Was this UFC really as good as everybody else?
Speaker 3: Or was it way better? I don't know how they're gonna do this.
Speaker 1: But the idea, the idea that UFC and and Bellatore and Yama and all of these really we're just doing the exact same thing and none of them really did it any better than anyone else.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: WEC was doing pretty well and then they got snatched up. Strike Force was doing pretty well and then they got snatched up. And there's gonna be a lot of stuff, Brian, that we don't know about yet that's getting unseen.
Speaker 3: There will be a lot of uner.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about this unsealed information. I can't wait to see what comes out. You're getting, Yes, because Brian, I've lived through it. I understand saying excited that go on.
Speaker 5: I know how some of this stuff works, Brian.
Speaker 2: And if if the emails get out, you're gonna find out stuff about them, you know, screwing around with people's medicals, And there's tons of stuff that goes on behind the scenes and under the table that that needs to be on you.
Speaker 1: You ever thought of writing a book, Tom, because man, you get all this information, you were there. I mean you could you could document this for U into perpetuity here.
Speaker 3: No maybe not? Okay, I'll do it then, just giving you the first dibbs. But if you don't want it, it's probably like it right, Huh, you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna write it without me. You're gonna write a story about me without me.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You didn't seem excited about the idea.
Speaker 4: Like Charles Bark. You can write Tom's biography for him, and then he can say that he was misquoted in it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Ken Shamrock have too.
Speaker 1: He's gotta be you gotta write your autobiography. Biographer's got to be an autobiography. And then you say you were misquoted. I misquoted myself.
Speaker 3: That's yes.
Speaker 4: And does he disagree with both?
Speaker 3: I don't know you ever thought about writing an autobiography, Tom.
Speaker 2: Brian, move on?
Speaker 1: Why do you secretly have a book deal you're not telling me about? And I'm now just explaining to the entire world what's going on here. I'm trying to come up with ideas for you.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: Now, when you asked me to do at the beginning of the show, you wanted some sort of tagline under your name, best selling author filthy Tom Lawler, how about that, Cole Lee, I wrote a book. It's really horrible time in my life, but I did it. Okay, what else do we have here?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: This is this is the exact opposite of a boll filthy Here, Brian Danielson is keeping a positive attitude despite the injury he suffered at Forbidden Door two started a broken arm in his match with Okada expected to be out of action till October. Is gonna miss all in. He went on his own wife's podcast and said he wished he hadn't broken his arm. See he's a man of facts, this Brian Danielson. But he has grown an appreciation for the match that they had. I wrestled ten minutes with a broken arm. Doctors said that made it worse, he said, but I find a certain joy in doing things that are hard, in finishing them. Even though it probably caused me a little bit more damage, I got more value out of it given that had happened versus head had not happened. He has a gratitude journal, and he's keeping a positive attitude.
Speaker 4: He's got the same pair of genes that he got like ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Don't hey, so do I.
Speaker 4: Of value right there?
Speaker 2: Everybody in this Blackpool Combat Club is off the rocker.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's the Blackpool Combat Club. That's how you get in.
Speaker 4: You don't have that mindset.
Speaker 1: Wait, what are you saying about old Wheeler? Something you'd like to tell us about Wheeler?
Speaker 5: You ever met him?
Speaker 2: I've hung out with him plenty of times.
Speaker 4: He's a creep.
Speaker 1: He's a creep what's so creepy about old Wheeler Uda? Aside from the fact that he called himself Wheeler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a choice at one point during his career, and that's the choice he made.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It is reminds me of what I once spent a long time making fun of Bobby Fish's name. I was like, man, you had all these choices, you could have named yourself anything, and you decided you were gonna call yourself Bobby Fish.
Speaker 3: And I found out that's his name. Kind of felt bad about that one.
Speaker 2: I can I can tell you right now that Wheeler UDA's name is not either Wheeler nor Udah.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: However, it is better than is given.
Speaker 3: Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 1: In the show Bright Now where is here Wrestling Observer Live except for BB also.
Speaker 3: Wrestling Observer dot Com.
Speaker 1: During that Kurt discussion that we had in the previous segment about names and no Wheeler Udah, Tom had mentioned to me before that Wheeler Utah was not his real name and uh and it's it's uh. I was camping this weekend and I was up on the the uh the San Juan Islands, and I was unaware that I had free roaming in Canada, so I like, I was getting no messages until the last day I figured out I could actually get messages and internet for free. But anyway, so I uh, you know, I woke up one morning and then we drove into town and and also all my you know, messages and emails start flying in as soon as we get US service, and uh, and I start seeing all these these messages about about uh, the whole situation with Cash Wheeler, and uh, It's still early in the morning. I haven't had my five hour energy or whatever. So I'm looking at these and I'm I'm reading about it, and I'm like, what in God's name.
Speaker 3: Did Wheeler you to do?
Speaker 1: And for like five minutes I had in my head that it was Wheeler you to that that I'm just thinking, like, man, Wheeler, you got that man on the freeway about what he really is?
Speaker 4: A shooter?
Speaker 1: And then uh, you know, I'm and then I start, uh, I start reading. I started clicking on news articles and then uh, and then the first one that I read says, uh, it says some like ae W professional wrestler Daniel Wheeler, and it goes on for the rest of it and As soon as I read that, I I harkened back to Tom and I was like, wait a second, his name isn't Daniel Wheeler. And then there's that moment where your head kind of goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Cash not Wheeler.
Speaker 4: Dah. Now it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it didn't make sense, but like it was like one of those moments where like this whole thing, I'm just like Wheeler, you dah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, they're just weird.
Speaker 4: Why does Why did he decide to go with the all caps? Uda? You think you think he was just really inspired by like Akira in Japan or Kusheta or something like that, where it was like, not only am I gonna be Wheeler, but it's gonna be you dah all caps when I come out one day, it's gonna be like Elvis in sixty eight. It's gonna be a big dah lined up behind him and I'm gonna come out. What do you think he was thinking, filthy? Did you decide at any point did you think I'm gonna like.
Speaker 3: He was a fan of Walter?
Speaker 1: Is that what he looked at a Walter and he said, you know, I remind myself of that guy.
Speaker 2: Big Van Walter, Big Walter.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, uh for W online dot com F four W online dot com backslash w Q F for W online dot com max slash w Q. That's where you can grab your copy of Wrestle Quest, which in fact stars myself, Dave Meltzer and Big Vinnie V.
Speaker 3: Have you got your copy yet? Put that up there? Put that thing on the screen. Look at that. We even got a graphic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's the Legion of Doom and Sergeant Slaughter and Andre the Giant and Jake the Snake and I don't know who that guy is front and center?
Speaker 2: Who is.
Speaker 3: Who is that guy?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy right in the middle that guy? Yeah, no, it's not nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Where is this?
Speaker 3: What do you look at that on the big screen right here?
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike, I got a question for you. What you've been playing New Japan, the award winning New Japan Strong Spirits Collection app? Have you ever pulled a Brian Alvarez card.
Speaker 4: I have not pulled a Brian Alvarez card.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I didn't know you had to be so jealous.
Speaker 4: Filthy lawler card.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so Brian is not the first member of this show also hitting tomorrow. To give a shout out to th HQ Nordic, The ae W Stadium Stampede Downloade will be available for free to all customers of AW Fight Forever.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new game mode hitting tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We speaking of games, we had a great edition of n XT last night. We had Trick Williams only Draganov. I told you about this, just absolutely fantastic and uh Elia killed him. They got a standing ovation afterwards. The place was just going crazy for this match. They had one nearfall where Trick gave him a middle rope urinage and Elia kicked out at two point nine to ninety nine, and my god, these people are so angry. They thought that was a finish. They thought that he pinned Elia Dragonov, but he did not. He won and it was great.
Speaker 4: Hold on Brian because I got a because Tom brought up the card game here and I know the NXT review is very important, but I have no idea why when they decide to release the new cards, why Jr Crados Jr Crados gets the card and talks about watching Team Filthy. Why is it not Tom talking about Team Filthy?
Speaker 3: I don't know, dude, don't look at means.
Speaker 1: This is Jrrados independent show now available on New Japanworld dot com.
Speaker 2: Watch myself and Team Filthy hoofs some ass.
Speaker 4: Whoa and he punched the screen.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we had Ivy, Nile and Ava in a singles match which actually ended up fine.
Speaker 3: It was just a simple match.
Speaker 1: Ava slammed her a few times, Ivy submitted her and then after beating her clean, Ivy puts the hold on again.
Speaker 3: This gives them geeks hit the ring.
Speaker 1: Ava flees and then on the exact same show, Ivy goes into the woods and she says, or Ava goes in the woods. She goes, Ivy or nothing but a coward. You won't show up and face me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, am I in the twilight zone?
Speaker 1: Like she just beat you via submission clean in the middle and was beating you up afterwards. Now you're in the woods calling her out.
Speaker 3: But it made sense later I guess we got better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we had another excellent match no Am dhar and Nathan Frazier for the Heritage Cup. These guys are great and the one complaint I have about these Heritage Cup matches, I actually like the matches. The rules are simple enough. They keep the action going. It's easy to tell a story. But God two commercial breaks, which meant of the five falls, we only saw three falls because two of the falls were completely during a commercial break. So no Am Dar ended up winning the cup back after avoiding a Phoenix splash and hitting an in zigiri and that warmed my heart?
Speaker 2: Did you add falls to this match?
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about rounds. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: There were there were falls, yes, but there.
Speaker 1: Were five rounds and I think we saw three.
Speaker 3: Of the rounds.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm confused about is today they announced a heritage tournament, tournament with different rules than.
Speaker 3: I can get to those later.
Speaker 1: I wrote him down, But then Tiffany came out to cut a promo.
Speaker 3: This was straight out of the main roster.
Speaker 1: Gig came out, and then Keana came out, Blair came out, Roxane came out. They all have a four way next week and the winner gets.
Speaker 4: To the dialogue. Wow, oh, the dialogue.
Speaker 1: You gotta learn somewhere, right, And apparently they don't have an improv class.
Speaker 4: No need to learn something. Look at Tiffany Stratton, Gigi. Don't we've heard these women speak on NXT before when they got there. We've heard some of them speak while they were on the indies. They are giving them way too much and not letting some of the natural bitchiness and cattiness come out of them. They're scripting everything rug that nothing works. It's true what I know.
Speaker 3: But he's yelled at you for that one before.
Speaker 1: We had Ave in the woods and this cowardly Ivy showed up. Boys get her and they unmask and their the Creeds. Ivy beats up Ava and then the Creeds who are they lost a loser Leaves Town match. They signed their own match. We're gonna have another match next week if we can just hang out from now on.
Speaker 3: And then the Diad and Joe Gaze.
Speaker 4: There are the cops that rolled up on Tony DiAngelo. I'm sorry to think it was because he was Italian. There have two dudes and another lady who just kidnapped a woman in the woods and now they're making demands.
Speaker 1: I don't think they kidnapped. Going on, I think i'd just beat her up, just threw into leaves, you know, big pile. Yeah, we had the metaphor announcement and then no Am Dar notes I don't have to defend the Cup for five weeks. So ladies and all mensa, let's go to California. So we have We're gonna have five weeks of skits of metaphor in California, I hope.
Speaker 3: So wow, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll go to Disneyland. Can you imagine no Am dar on like the rides.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're gonna get them in a nice truck like Nakamura and Boogs or around the California Highway together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's making fun of hbk Ford being Booker of the Year. If you don't, you guys, don't think that he's going to place, you know, all right in Booker of the Year, think again, because he's been doing a good job.
Speaker 2: He's going to be right.
Speaker 1: You know. If you watched the show, actually we had Dragon Lee and Lyra versus Dom and Rhea. It's a pretty good match and the finish was kind of stupid. It was one of those w WE things. Raquel comes out and she attacks Riha at ringside, and like when Ria Ripley showed up from the main roster, the building just absolutely explodes and so they're going crazy. She's beating the heck out of Ria Ripley at ringside, and this referee has to pretend he didn't see anything. And then dom goes running, Lee gives him the destino and pins him, so it looks like Dragon Lee will be getting another shot at Dominic mysterio. We had another deal where Trick and Mellow or not the best time together, but they got back on the same page. And then supposed to be Baron Corner, Baron Corbin and Von Wagner, but Baron Corbin attacks him at the bell. They're brawling all over the place, actually a good brawl, and then Corbyn gives him a back suplex on the floor which looks like sucked. He goes after mister Stone. Wagner makes the save and he starts clearing off the table because his gimmick, because he puts dudes through the table, and all of a sudden, from out of nowhere, Bron Breaker flies in and he speared Von Wagner. I think to California, like metaphor maybe in California, and they find Von Wagner like his body like the wiley coyote in the side of a cliff. Bron speared this guy so hard. I thought he killed him, and then him and Corbyn smiled and laughed. I guess we're gonna maybe have a three way or something.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess his shirt was right then? Right? You notice that shirt he got on?
Speaker 3: What did it say this week?
Speaker 4: Bron Breaker best spear in the business.
Speaker 1: Well, find me a better spear than bron Breakers.
Speaker 4: Is he talking to Goldberg? Brian?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine Goldberg comes in for an NXT match with bron Breaker. I suppose anything as possible. In fact, funny, I should mention that Becky Lynch is teasing coming to NXT because they really want to beat Dynamite in some of these demos, So she's gonna come and face Tiffany apparently. And then the main event was Carmelo, Hayes and Wes Lee. Didn't get as much time as I thought, but they had a very good match because they're both quite great. And finally Carmelo did this springboard into a DDT, putting West through a table outside, which was awesome, and they get back in the ring. Carmelo rolls outside after getting hit with the cardiac kick. West tries a topay, he misses and he spears his own head into the barricade.
Speaker 3: I thought he was dead.
Speaker 1: And he gets back into the ring and Carmelo hits the nothing but net gets the pin and a good match. Carmelo Hayes retains the title.
Speaker 3: Anything else you'd like?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 1: You guys?
Speaker 3: No good, Tom? What did you think of the show?
Speaker 2: A couple of good matches on it? I enjoyed it. I mean, how can you not enjoy it? With that oh You're Dragon off performance? And then wes Lee and Carmelo Hayes. I thought they did great in the main event, obviously to blue chip prospects that the WWE has down here in NXT, and you know, I think wes Lee and they say it on commentary for a guy who was not supposed to be in this spot, looks great.
Speaker 4: Bag them on with more.
Speaker 3: Observer Live.
Speaker 1: Back in the show right Nowver is here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Sepper, Baby Filthy, Tom Lawler also Wrestling Observer dot Com. We're all here, but I am on my way out, so goodbye everybody.
Speaker 3: Boss Man don Voyage.
Speaker 1: I'm hidding to green Land. Apparently I fly over a green Land and I go down into the thing.
Speaker 4: It's very snowy up there. I don't know why they call it Greenland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then ice Land is all green and sunny.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think someone got confused somewhere. I think it's time we changed the names of those countries.
Speaker 2: Uh. I mean we did get named after Amerigo Vespucci.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, and there's a lot of discussion.
Speaker 3: We were named after the North Amerigo Vespucci.
Speaker 4: Amerago and Vespucci got it right. Columbus didn't do anything, he got lost, ended up in a place. Vespucci was the one he should have been.
Speaker 1: You know what these people need is a history lesson from YouTube numb skulls.
Speaker 2: Exactly a little Tomorrow it's education degree, dude.
Speaker 1: Things change, brother, I mean I could have got an astronomy degree. It doesn't mean the Pluto is still a planet. Things change, We learn new things. We're here to learn Tom learn Tomorrow. It is Tom and.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 1: They'll be together and then uh, and then Tom's gonna be here on Friday, and Dave and I are planning on doing a lot of shows from the UK. So if you're a subscriber to Wrestling Observer dot com, I'm not disappearing I'll be back probably tomorrow, or however it works with when you go back and.
Speaker 3: Maybe going back in time.
Speaker 1: According to hul Cogan, I'm not quite sure. I think I'm going forward in time. I think I'm time traveling forward. You are, okay, but then I'll time travel back on the way back, right, So I'll get next hera day.
Speaker 4: Let me know what Notre Dame One's buy on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Please all right, while we're out of here, Thanks for listening, everybody. You will talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network