Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty enough he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I thought that people were jumping a little bit out of line.
Speaker 4: They were getting yippie, you know, they were getting a little bit yippy, a little bit afraid, unlike these champions, because we have a big job to do.
Speaker 1: No other president would have done what I did. No other president I know the presidents, they wouldn't have done it, and it had to be done.
Speaker 5: I think we have a really big problem, which was we have two strong guys, neither of which wants to back down. And I was in China a couple of weeks ago, and the Chinese have been preparing for this for years. They may not have expected quite the scale and speed with which this has become a full on trade war with one hundred and twenty five percent times, but they are ready for this, and they are in no mood right now to back down and both so practically it's very very difficult Fijijinping to lose face. That's it's he cannot lose face. So for the moment, I think quite how they unwind this becomes hard.
Speaker 4: That is really interesting. I you know, I hadn't even thought of the Chinese perspective, So they knew at some point America was going to have to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course and over again. Of course they do.
Speaker 4: It's so common to, you know, only think about your side of the equation and not the fact that China knows. Of course we're going to decouple from the United States. We have They're going to have to decouple from us. It's part of our whole taking over the world, and you know we have a plan for that. Of course they do. It's not like I'm surprised to them. So the the US is fat.
Speaker 1: And lazy, but we're not stupid, and just just very quickly. The reason I paired those two pieces of audio together was to point out that you have the rest of the world world. We got our ninety day pause, they're going to be negotiations. Everybody breathes a sigh relief, the market skyrocket temporarily, and then you've got China, and we're going to talk about China this segment.
Speaker 4: So China's eighty four percent tariff on US goes intoffect today as Trump's one hundred and twenty five percent tariff goes on effect in effect on them. But as that person just said, they knew this was coming someday. It's not a shock to them. It's interesting.
Speaker 1: So you have multiple layers of gristle in this one as we try to chew it. Unnecessary, really, and I think ye for them, But I would rather be the United States than China ultimately in a whole bunch of different ways. But you know, just on the face of a lot of this, China's got to be thinking, yeah, I'm sure glad we don't make all all of our drugs in the United States, or all of our electronics, or all of our a whole bunch of different things in the country we're about to be at war with, right, So, like I was saying, you have multiple layers going on here. First of all, the ridiculous and idiotic trade imbalance between the countries based on protectionism and flooding the market with cheap Chinese goods and that sort of thing, the whole misguided relationship with China. If we let them liberalize economically, they'll become our buddies. Yeah, no, they never intended to. We all know that stuff. Then you got two really tough guys, Chesi and Ping, who rules with an iron fist. And if you're an iron fisted ruler, rule number one is don't back down ever unless you can claim it was your idea and it was a victory. And Trump is making it very difficult for Xijian Ping to back down. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It just it is. And Trump, on the other hand, having frankly back down on the rest of the world tariff stuff, or at least changed his sales. I think it ends up in a pretty good place. But he definitely had to change because everybody was getting yippie. We talked an hour two was it or our one about the bond market? I guess it was our one. How everybody who buys US bonds and invests in the US started to send signals via the bond market that maybe the US isn't such a great place anymore, and it got everybody's attention in a way that's a little difficult to explain. Maybe we'll reset it later in the show. But anyway, so Trump absolutely adjusted his sales, and so he really needs to look tough against China. I mean there are great underlying reasons to look tough on China anyway and be tough on China, But for his own self image and his image politically, he doesn't want to back down to Winnie the Pooh. So this one will not unravel quickly or easily. I don't think. No.
Speaker 4: So all of this stuff that we were talking about yesterday is still a fact. The shelves in Walmart full of Chinese products, Amazon just full of Chinese products.
Speaker 1: And how long does this last? And soon do we notice it?
Speaker 4: Remember what inflation was like and you go to the grocery store, whatever you do, and you'd be shocked every time you got the bill. How soon do we notice that sort of thing? I wonder in weeks? And then how does the working class America, which is the base of the MAGA movement react to that is the reaction. I knew it was going to cost more, but it's it's good for the long term. Or does Trump's pull numbers go in the toilet immediately?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, anybody who's gotten a little older in life understands that sometimes the things you have to do are painful, comfortable. Yeah, most of the things you have to do are painful. Yeah. Yeah, And here's here's the reality. Because the long term prospect of like going back to manufacturing our own underpants and T shirts in this country, it's conceivable, but it would make them much more expensive than it would take a while to gear up and do that. It's funny to use the term underpants as opposed to what underwear underwear. Yeah, just underpants. It seems so old timey. That's part of my charm anyway. So the prices on a lot of things that people do tend to buy fairly frequently are going to go up, at least in the short term. And one of the reasons that's going to be painful is a according to every economic survey I've seen, people are already kind of at the end of their rope financially because of the past inflation. That's interesting, so orrowing credit card balances, the rest of it. I was about to say, as soon as people catch wind to this, and some people already have, you're going to buy your underpants or your cheap electronics or whatever. Now, which is what bloomers your braziers?
Speaker 4: Yes, which here, of course it's which is what drives inflation, is the fear of inflation. I mean, it helps drive it, so everybody's going out buying it and then it just keeps going and going. But maybe that won't happen if everybody's maxed out their credit cards. You're just thinking, you know what, I'm gonna have to wear holy underpants exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. And the other aspect of it, that's interesting. And again this is absolutely not an argument against doing it or an argument about the way Trump's doing it, because we all knew something like this had to come. As Jack was just describing China. Knew is that there are so many Americans who are employed in retail, in trucking, in you know, the various handling of the goods that come from China, or build stuff with parts that come from China. It's gonna hurt sectors of the American economy where they're working. People work, So that's going to be kind of difficult to work through. Not kind of it's going to be difficult to work through, depending on how this goes, of course, but man, it is so layered and one sector and one you know aspect of this is interwoven with the other ones in a way that I mean, it would take forever to describe it, even if I had the knowledge to nobody can. That's the point of a free market. It does itself, you don't need to guide it. But well, so, what were you ben get ripped off for a long time? What were the tariffs on China a week ago? Below fifties? So it's like, yeah, it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be about two and a half times the tariff on all Chinese goods coming into this country.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna notice that hard and fast, for better or worse. So with the new US tariffs making the American market all but closed to Chinese products, even this is from the Wall Street Journal, even more Chinese goods will be rerouted to countries in Europe and Asia, where leaders are already concerned about a flood of Chinese products that have jeopardized jobs, which leads me to clicking over to this piece, also in the Journal, the rest of the world is bracing for a flood of cheap Chinese goods. Wow, so China sold a hell of a lot of stuff to us. Sure, and it's funny. This was written a couple of days ago when it was tariffs for around seventy percent A lot of it crappy, but a lot of it not Nikes aren't crappy. No, and a lot of it was good enough. We've talked for years about this experiment going on. If we gave you something that was a third less good but costs forty percent less, would you buy it, knowing you have to replace it sooner? And Americans have answered yes, absolutely, over and over again on cheap Chinese junk.
Speaker 4: I was watching a guy at a shoe store sells gymnasium shoes, and he said, this pair of and I don't remember what he was holding up. It wasn't Nike's. It was one of the other brands. And I don't know which ones are made Ware, but AAIs or Adidas or whatever they were, and he said, these are I'm already have already marked him up from one eighty to two hundred, and I might have to go up higher already and prepare for now. You know, the media's going out of their way to find people that are doing that, to present this as scary and as bad for Trump as you can. But I wonder what that will be. What will appair of Nike shoes cost next week or next month, and when people still want to buy them. Of course, the idea is that you don't, right, isn't that the whole point of what Trump wants to do. As you won't buy the Nike shoes at that price, You'll buy some shoes that were made somewhere else or in the United States, and Nike will be forced to move their factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ultimately indom the United States if you believe the first argument that this is permanent, or you know, somebody other than China, if you believe what I believe. This is all mostly posturing to get better trade deals. But so the rest of the world is not going to love this either. Now. I don't particularly give a crap how shoe stores in London are doing. But the towering tariff wall also risks diverting some US bound Chinese exports into a global market already swimming in China made goods, orsening what is called a China shock that was already facing pushback from countries around the world according to other According to economists, other major exporters like Vietnam, South Korea, Japan could also see barriers grow as US spending on import falls in general. But so China's got to sell their cheap craps somewhere, and so they're going to cause just enormous economic shocks wherever they find they can dump their goods.
Speaker 4: Is there going to be a black market? Are people going to be driving into Canada to buy Nikes?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. That's an interesting question, But I'm thinking more geopolitically, Jack, and I wonder whether more and more countries and more and more peoples wake up to the fact that if you're in bed with China, it's for China's benefit. Don't believe don't trust China? Right China? What do we have to tip you to play these sounds now? Or what? And why am I yelling at MICHAELA. I know it's the stress Jack from the tariffs, But anyway, will this alert more and more countries around the world? Okay, Trump's a little mercurial, but is just predatory.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're smart to know where this is going or have an idea. Textas four one, five, two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 3: Shot the stunning volume of explicit images investigators say they've seed from former University of Michigan coach Matt Weiss, the Justice Department, emailing thousands of victims telling them. Wis gained unauthorized access to their email, social media, and cloud storage accounts and stole thousands of intimate photographs and videos. The indictment says Weiss hacked into a third party vendor that maintains student databases for more than one hundred colleges and universities across the country, and even crack the encryption protecting the passwords simply by doing research online.
Speaker 4: What a weirdo so dedicated to the kink of being able to see, like really not that sexy pictures of people, but because you know them or you have the power to see stuff you're not supposed to see. I guess exactly that's the payoff for you. Because there's plenty of pictures of naked women online. You can see anything you want, doing anything you want if you want that. But the fact that this girl is at your college, even though it's like a blurry picture from across across the locker room or something, it's.
Speaker 1: Bad then it might be, but extremely explicit, it's that, and it's one hundred different universities whatever. It's just it was somebody who did not want to share that with me, and I get to see it. Yeah, that's weird. And you're that dedicated and that knowledgeable and skillful right in the arts of computer hackery, and that's your goal. Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: If you've got that kind of hacking ability and you're willing to commit crimes, there's a lot of really lucrative things you could do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do something respectable like him doting people's bank accounts. All right, yes, Katie.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was one of the big things that they came out with yesterday was the fact that he didn't have big computer skills. He figured all of this out just by doing simple searches online.
Speaker 1: He figured out how to do it. Really, that's tabling, so college encryption services, what are their algorithms there? It is? Okay, I'll type that in. That's the Wait a minute, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was what they were saying, is that he's not some computer genius. He was just searching online how to figure out to get into these files, and he was able to do it.
Speaker 1: That's the most interesting part of the whole story. I'm not sure I've ever been dedicated to anything except perhaps being a father, the way this guy was dedicated to looking at pictures of unclothed women. Yeah, weird. Lord, They're inventing a new kind of crazy every day.
Speaker 4: So I was at the DMV for a couple hours yesterday. I was tweeting about it a lot, got a lot of responses, some of them I thought were interesting in a variety of ways, including this one, because I asked, like, why are there no normal people DMV?
Speaker 1: At least my experience seemed to be life's losers.
Speaker 4: My whole life, I've thought that, like this first time I went to the It's like, there are no normal people here, like the how many people here.
Speaker 1: Have a job? Folks? I found that screen off putting in the elitist.
Speaker 4: Honest answer, the DMV is like a real life filter that squeezes out every ounce of human dignity. It's where time goes to die and ambition takes a smoke break, dent and cars dead stairs and crushed dreams. It's basically the lobby of government efficiency. But hey, maybe that is the secret. The winners don't wait in line, they get private plates, personal assistants, or just skip registration like half of Congress does.
Speaker 1: Like I've heard those stories years after years. They just don't register the cars and stuff like that because nothing's going to happen to them. I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's where time goes to die and ambition takes a smoke break.
Speaker 1: That's some good writing.
Speaker 4: Well doneh I moved to North Idaho in twenty three. If you want to know the difference between California and Idaho, just go to the DMV. You get right in even without an appointment. People are genuinely helpful and friendly. It's a fraction of the cost. It's a delight Yeah, there are so many.
Speaker 1: Examples of this, because we've gotten emails from folks who have like a delightful DMV in their corner of California, for instance, whereas Jack's not so much population. Density changes human beings. It changes how many rules and regulations and laws they want. That's why cities are always blue. They want lots and lots of rules, they want democrats in charge. Rural areas northern Idaho not so much. And it extends how nice people are.
Speaker 4: I'm not the only person that's ever thought this about the crowd at the DMV, like where the normal people. Seinfeld used to have a whole bit about it way back in the day. But anyway, somebody tweeted this line is Seinfeld's once said about the people at the DMV undtable. Where all these undateable people coming from that are at the DMV.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Again, Like I said, the percentage of crutches and slings was way out of proportion than the normal population. And I can't imagine how those two things fit together.
Speaker 1: The key is how did they get those injuries?
Speaker 4: I should have gone around asking, excuse me, I see and her sling, how did you hurt your arm?
Speaker 1: Excuse me as you're on crutches? What did you do to your Wow? So let me squeeze this in just real quickly, Jack, You'll enjoy this ten seconds. There's not even so okay. After the break an emails so devastating. I was about to read it. I've got an hour and a half. We got plenty of times Armstrong and Getty sandwich change.
Speaker 6: Subway is announced it'll be offering reward members free Dorito's foot long nachos with the purchase of any sub And you know you're in a good restaurant when the food is sold by link.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't think about that when I'm at Subway and I'm buying a three foot turo or whatever it is that we get sometimes pretty Oh, that's plenty of chio.
Speaker 1: That's really good. Breaking news.
Speaker 4: The House has passed the blueprint for President Trump's tax and spending cuts after opposition from hard right Republicans.
Speaker 1: I'm reading from the New York Times and he, you know, hard right goodness for the hard right Republican.
Speaker 4: Opposition from hard right Republicans threatened to tank it and wanted warned that it would add too much to the nation's debt. Chip Roy and that crowd who are just saying the math doesn't work. I mean, I'm all for tax cuts, love it, but where are spending cuts?
Speaker 1: Right? But as usual, spending cuts will not happen. Without them, we would be careening toward the cliff even faster. Thank goodness for Chip Roy. Pray for his health. What happens if Chip has a heart attack and goes away.
Speaker 4: So this story in the New York Times got my attention and I read the whole thing, and there's a lot of interesting stuff in it. The pandemic is not the only reason US students are losing ground for the country's lowest scoring students. Things have really gone off a cliff since twenty thirteen. And they used the bottom quintile, broke it down into fifths, and actually it looks like both the bottom quintile and the second to the bottom, so i'd be two quintiles, which would add up to forty percent, are both going down quite a bit in terms of reading and math for eighth graders and fourth graders, and they're trying to figure out why that is. The reason is not just the pandemic, although obviously that didn't help anything, because yeah, but probably a lot of socioeconomic things that factor in with that lower performing student crowd that the pandemic really did not help.
Speaker 1: No. Being honest, I have I have a couple of suggestions of what's behind this, but i'll i'll hold off.
Speaker 4: For the least the last decade. Starting around twenty thirteen, students in the bottom quartile have been losing ground on the National Assessment Tests. It's made up of students from various backgrounds, but includes a higher proportion of students with disabilities. Students learning English. You know, well, if you could be hard as you want, but if you don't speak the language the teachers speaking and don't read the language, they're ending you the.
Speaker 1: Test in.
Speaker 4: Dot dot dot nuff said. Uh, and children from poor families. Whatever happening to the lower performers is still happening, and we've got to figure this out, said the American Enterprise Institute of right leaning think tank. Of course, they don't label think tanks. All the other think tanks is left leaning. They're just regular think tanks. But anyway, that's it. But I like this when you brought this up the other day. Researchers point to a number of educational and societal changes over the past decade, including well, retrenchment and school accountability.
Speaker 1: How do you take that? What? What? What's retrenchment and school accountability. They're saying that schools are less accountable for their results. Well, all right, I can't stand it anymore. I'm gonna throw mine out there, and then you can go back to your your analysis from the old Gray Lady. Number one, rampant immigration. Obviously we've covered that. Secondly, the teachers' unions who have demanded less accountability and who have joined hand in glove with the progressive er education establishment in introducing the woke crap not only the genderbred person in the rainbow boy or whatever the hell else, teaching the kids about radical gender theory, but also undermining all of the values that tend to make you a good student. How many times have you heard showing up on time and trying hard is white supremacy? Handing in assignments on time, or thinking logically, is that's racism? That's white supremacy. You send that message year after year after year after year to kids, you gotta get better students or worse ones, ladies.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, I don't know if these numbers are big enough to make a difference. But we all know the number of kids that are homeschooled or been moved to private schools has exploded. Oh true, and so most of those kids were probably above average performing and sort of just.
Speaker 1: Live in families that value education.
Speaker 4: So just statistically, if you took those kids out of the public school, that's going to give you a bigger chunk of lower performing as a percentage, right, I mean, it's just right.
Speaker 1: That's just that's its.
Speaker 4: Math, even if you are if nothing has changed, just moving all those kids out of the school the public school system. But I thought this was good because you brought this up the other day, worsening cognitive abilities because of smartphones, which has happened even among adults. And it links to the story you talked about the other day on how we may have reached peak brain power a few years back, that our cognitive abilities are just getting worse, dispit and that they think that that's a chunk of it for kids also, which I don't doubt.
Speaker 1: And I thought about that. Well.
Speaker 4: I don't say where I was, but I was someplace where I was watching kids just glue to their smartphones and iPads in a situation where you could have been interacting with you could have been doing something else, but the parents were busy doing their own thing. Certain socioeconomic crowd, their kids are going to spend way more time staring in an iPad or iPhone or a phone than than other kids are. And so you're gonna have worsening cognitive abilities. More I look at my phone, the worse my brain works.
Speaker 1: That's just a fact, right. Yeah. I don't know what you can do about that. Is there more to this analysis, Candy doesn't need to be that's up to you. This was going to say, in spite of my public school analysis or education, rather, I'm able to read. So I would like to read this email from Ray that we received. You guys need to quit pretending to be a conservative show because you're not. You're probably paid by George Soros or the Chinese. I will not listen to your show again. Actually, we're paid by both George Soros and the Chinese. It's like a timeshare. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We do the bidding of George Soros. Tuesdays and Thursdays. The communist Chinese have us. Then he says, it's obvious you're trying to emulate another very popular radio show, but you're failing. One is that I have no idea. I can't imagine. And do you know what topic this was? Uh no, he doesn't say. It's the usual blast of indignance without explanation or whatever. I don't. I don't know. Ray feel fun Well, I could write back to him, I suppose, just out of curiosity. But I will get to this chunk an odd email descent.
Speaker 4: I will get to this chunk from the New York Times way further down because this is a very long article, and it's something that a long article is wanted needed.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a bad thing. It's a heartbreaking. It might be the most important issue in America. It's heartbreaking you got that many kids that you got no shot.
Speaker 4: At making a go of it in a world with AI coming and anyway, the United States since the early twenty tens has taken in more immigrants.
Speaker 1: Says The New York Times. I've noticed, we noticed, which means more students who don't speak English and knows that too have entered public schools.
Speaker 4: Yep, ding these demographic ships. Could ships could explain some changes in scores?
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 4: I like the way they act like it's not you never hear anybody left of center even come close to being honest about the reality of being.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a fourth grade history teacher.
Speaker 4: I walk into class the first day, I got thirty students, and six of them don't speak.
Speaker 1: A word of English. That could explain some of the change in your ability to teach? Oh, could it? Thanks? Fred and Alice? How does that always completely left out of any conversation, like what is supposed to happen right there in that situation? That is a blanking dishonest That's why it's left down.
Speaker 4: I think it's because they feel like it'd be hurtful to point out how difficult that is and it and and any any remedy you have for that situation.
Speaker 1: And I know what some of them are. I've seen them with my own eyes.
Speaker 4: Really nice guy, one of the best nicest people I've ever met in my life. Teacher both my kids had. But he would stand up there with his his phone and his Google translation, and he would do everything twice. Now and if you spoke English, you had to hear it twice once in another language. You speak the other language you hear you just slow but slows everything down. What else is he supposed to do?
Speaker 1: You just gave him a classroom with you know, a percentage of kids that don't speak English. What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 4: And then when you have scores going down or whatever your problems are, you completely ignore that, like it's like it's a minor point. You throw it in a paragraph later. We've had more immigration in the United States in the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you noticed people who might not who don't speak English, which might have an effect. You know, I've said this a million times. I appreciate the poets and songwriters and soft hearted people of the world. I really do. They help make the world go round. But I don't want them in charge if you cannot look at the situation we're describing non English speaking kids in American schools and recognize the difficulty of that, both for the kids and the teachers and the schools and the parents, and not speak honestly about it because you're afraid somebody's feelings might be hurt. I don't want you in charge of anything, but you're not an adult.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the answer is, but ignoring the question doesn't work. Somebody should at least raise their hand for this point of view. And I don't know if America would go forward or not. How about we say, if you can't speak English or read English, you can't go to school here. That's one option. Maybe you think that's too hard hearted, but that's one option.
Speaker 1: Charge at least talk about it.
Speaker 4: At least it's a solution, because just putting them in the classroom is not a solution for anyone.
Speaker 1: Now, you could also say, okay, I'll go away. The other direction.
Speaker 4: We need to raise taxes x percent, and it's going to be a pretty big chunk chunk to come up with teachers that speak Spanish, Punjabi, you know, whatever it is. So we can educate all these kids to the level that we do other kids.
Speaker 1: That's one option. It's probably somewhere in between those two things that I mentioned, but nobody even discusses it.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how more teachers don't just pull their hair out or quit on day one or have a march. I guess because they'd feel like they were racists.
Speaker 1: Say what am I supposed to do with this? I got called racist by their progressive overlords. Exactly. I got six kids who don't speak English, and they don't even speak the same language. So it's not even like I have to learn one language, it's multiple languages. Yeah, Do we have to open international academies in every town where they have multi lingual teachers who divide up the kids by the tongue they speak. I don't know, but you know it's I hate to sound like a guess, victim of Stockholm syndromeer a battered spouse or something. But the fact that, like The New York Times, is at least admitting, Hey, our government schools are miserably ineffective and the kids aren't learning. I mean, that's at least slightly encouraging the fact that they still aren't they are so delusional or lacking in spine or adult character that they can't say Yes. An enormous influx of non English speakers is tough on schools. I mean, for God's sakes, that's not asking much for them to say that. The fact that they can't say that yet, I fear for the state of the nation if our schools continue to be the source of the infection. He I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the right outcome is, but you could never get to the right outcome if you're not willing to be honest about what the polls.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh, I'm so sorry. Our Chinese overlord's just texted we need to take a break that Thursday. The Chinese are in charge. Ray, we need to take it right.
Speaker 4: And I'm supposed to give George Soros a foot rub during the commercials stay here.
Speaker 1: Dotcha Chi side puts it up at a forty five for doc and chis now sixteen or twenty eight from the field.
Speaker 4: Well, look at Doncik who got traded out of nowhere from Dallas where he had made his home and become a giant part of the community and started a big charity and just loved it there and was a fan favorite, beloved by the fans. He loved them, they loved him. Everything like that got traded in the middle of the night. No idea, why, no discussion. Wasn't just out of nowhere. Anyway, playing for the Lakers last night, played back in Dallas, scored forty five points and then got all teary eyed and actually quiver lipped. I saw that at one point, greeting the fans at the end of the game because he loved it.
Speaker 1: There so much.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a problem with professional sports is even if like one of your players really likes the community and wants to be there and help you, you know, build schools and all.
Speaker 1: That sort of stuf. Yeah, that's not the way the business works. Nope, it's rough. Yeah, pays pretty well, does pay pretty well. Anyway. The Lakers are a three seed in the playoffs start next week, and that's going to be fun to watch. I'm rooting for him to do well. The Dallas GM is hated by the Maverick Chans. Yeah, yeah, all night long. They wanted a chance for him to be fired. That's rough. Wow, does anybody still know why he did that? No? I don't want to get two sports because we don't do a sports talk show. But when that trade was announced, I was playing golf with a professional sports writer who is so astounded. He was texting all of his friends and nobody had an explanation. And I still haven't heard it. It's one of the weirdest things in professional sports history. Speaking of sports, not really, but of a sports guy, Stephen A. Smith, which might be.
Speaker 4: The most famous voice in all of sports right now, ESPN or whatever, has been for quite a while. He has really strong opinions. He yells about everything, and he yells about everything. His wife asks him, Hey, you need anything from the grocery store.
Speaker 1: He says, we need more yogurt. Is yell's about him. He's considering a twenty twenty eight presidential run.
Speaker 4: He has been approached by Capitol Hill officials and Electric leaders who would.
Speaker 1: Like him to run.
Speaker 4: He says his lack of political record would be a campaign advantage, and he exploratory committee is looking into it, but he'll only run if he believed he had a legitimate chance to win, and based on our recent politics, I think he has a legitimate chance to certainly make some noise.
Speaker 1: I don't know about when I could see Get in the nomination. I assume he's gonna run as a Democrat. Yeah, well, the Democratic field looks pretty clear to me. Could he turn out a whole bunch of people that don't normally vote? Heck, yeah he could. Yeah in a prime market guy, and you know, fine, go ahead. I assume he's running as a Democrat.
Speaker 4: Or would he didn't say, but I just yeah, based on all the opinions he shouts on a regular basis, he seems like a Democrat.
Speaker 1: But that'll be exciting. There's another non political person getting involved. It's funny. I was just listening to a little Gavy Knewsome audio off the air from his conversation with Bill Maher not long ago when he was on Bill Marshaw and Bill hit him with the transgender kids in school thing and Gavey's answer was terrible. It was indefensible, And we're working on that audio for you. But so yeah, again, run, Gavin, please run. I would be more amused than I have been since the first time I saw Monty Python's flying circus.
Speaker 4: And the New York Times has got a peace out today about Kamala Harris saying that it's way more likely that she runs for governor in California than ever runs for president again, but that one of the things they point out in the article in the New York Times is that the Wisconsin Democrats told her to stay away from Wisconsin leading up to the big judge election last week. They thought she'd be a bigger they thought she'd be a bigger negative than a positive as the Democratic presidential nominey to come to her and try to, you know, turn people out.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, we played that professor. Was it? Harvard guy? Just yesterday you said the only reason she lost was America didn't want a black woman as president. Yeah, it was his explanation. I don't want to talk about this for a variety of reasons, but the fact that she's going to be the next governor of California and I think she will is horrifying to me, just horrifying.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It's the stuff of nightmares. Yeah, yeah, there's no limit. She'll bey Governor. Adam Schiff will be one of the senators.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is that horrifying? So the guy who tried to assassinate Justice Kavanaughs pled guilty might go to jail for good. As crazy as a nut? Oh really Yeah, yeah, we'll talk about that a little bit next time. I didn't realize he was completely nuts. Well, I have some sympathy for that. He seems to be. He's one brand of nuts or another. Whether he's quote unquote completely nuts, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. Got a lot of stuff to squeeze in the next hour. What you don't get next hour, you gotta work or something. Hey, grab it via podcast. You gotta follow us or subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand wherever you like to get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my technical, scientific assessment of completely nuts, I'd have to hold that out until I've talked to the gentleman.
Speaker 1: You're completely nuts. I love to form check the box exactly, Armstrong and Getty