Speaker 1: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Bucko Territory, presented to you by the Foul Territory Network. I'm no Oahiles, joining me as always on my co host Josh Harrison akaj Hay and Platinumkey aka Mark.
Speaker 1: It is Monday, July twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: The Pirates just concluded a big weekend series against the Chicago Cubs where they lost the first two, avoided a sweep with a big win on Sunday against former Bucko Jamison Town.
Speaker 1: Got a little close at the.
Speaker 2: End there, but they hit held on for an eight to seven win, and they are set to start an equally important series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Who let me check the schedule or let me check the standings.
Speaker 2: We're recording this after the Pirates game or the Diamondbacks still playing, do we know? Regardless, the wildcard standings are still pretty tight. Yeah, Arizona. So they trail Arizona by one game right now as of the time of this recording. So big series. We're gonna talk about the starting pitching. Starting pitching is going to be tested in this series. We're gonna see Mitch Keller, We're gonna see Bubba Chandler and Jared Jones again, So those will be three very interesting starts, all in their own right. Struggles against lefties, that was the big takeaway from this past weekend series against the Chicago Cubs. They lost both games against left handed starters, and that's been unfortunate trend for this team throughout the whole year.
Speaker 1: And then we will wrap up.
Speaker 2: Today's show with as always, Platinum Keys Key of the Week.
Speaker 1: So, guys, let's start with starting rotation.
Speaker 2: It's been We've been pretty vocal on this show about like that's that's what needs to drive this team in the second half. I would say so far, the rotation has been fine. Actually, I would say it's actually probably been good. Like Mitch Keller looked good in his one outing post All Star Break, Bubba Chandler had his best outing of the season at Yankee Stadium last week. Paul skeins Is, I mean, I don't think he looked horrible, but he didn't really look good.
Speaker 1: Well, he looked really good.
Speaker 2: In the first four innings and then he kind of ran out of gas in the fifth and the velocity wasn't good. We'll talk about that. And then there's the Jared Jones dilemma. There's there's a whole bunch to get into, So I guess I'll open the floor mark when for you, when you look at this rotation, what is your biggest concern right now? Who are you most concerned with? And it doesn't necessarily even have to be a concern over a guy not pitching well? Are they using this guy correctly? Are they not giving him enough leash? Is this guy running out of gas? Who is your biggest worry in this rotation right now?
Speaker 3: I think I gotta go with Brax and Ashcraft. Maybe it's just the recency bias, but you talk about running out of gas, this is uh, it's starting to get concerning where his last few outings he just hasn't looked nearly as dominant as we saw which led to his first Alcar nomination.
Speaker 4: So I think that's my biggest.
Speaker 3: Concern right now, is it does seem like the gas is kind of running out and he's starting to show that he really hasn't gone a lot of Indians in his career ever, so that would be one of my biggest concerns. Obviously, he's still really good even with not a lot of gas. In his tank, but we just aren't seeing the same level of dominance that were used to seeing from Ashcraft, and frankly, what this team needs from him if they're going to be a postseason team. What about you, Josh?
Speaker 2: Well, well, I was going to just ask Josh on that note, just to maybe talk about, like I'm sure you've seen that where you see a young starter in his first full year as a starter, have such a good first half, but this is a long season and sometimes guys, especially guys like Ashcraft who have not had an extended like I remember talking in May about what are they going to do to pace this guy?
Speaker 1: What are they going to do to limit his workload?
Speaker 2: Do you think that that just going off of pure signs here obviously because you're not around the team anymore, Josh, But does that sound like something that could be happening with Braxton?
Speaker 5: Definitely, And it's Baseball one hundred and sixty two games. You mentioned it's gonna test you, and that's not just physically you mentioned. You know, you get to this point of the season, he's had a lot more stressful endings than he's ever had in his life before. So when you couple that with you know, workload, You know, not not only is workload getting up to you now mentally you know that there are some things that you know cause challenges, and you know.
Speaker 6: It's all the work in progress.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure these guys wild tell you, man, every time I grabbed the ball, and I told the rubber every five days, you know, I feel like I'm going out there, I'm gonna get my best start. But realistically, you know, a young guy that hasn't been tested for a long time throughout the season is not uncommon for them to, you know, hit a little bit of a wall and it's not like their stuff has gotten any worse. It's just it's the nature of baseball. You know, you're gonna take some lumps. And it's not even about taking lumps, it's about, you know, how do you whether the storm when you know you might just be missing pitches, something feels just a little bit off, or hey, you're throwing the ball well, but things aren't going your way. And then you mentioned I'm sure in the back of his mind he knows workload is going to be watched, and then you know, anytime he gets a stress winning that's another thing. Oh, I can't have too many of these. It's just one of those things where you don't know how to get through it until you've gone through it. And you know, you mentioned some of his stuff is still it is not like alarming. You know, he's still having you know, success and still but it's not quite what you saw in the beginning. And that's part of baseball where you see, okay, is he going to catch a second win? Because you know, when I was playing, it used to be all the dog days of August. That's where everybody you know would kind of hit that wall. And you know, then you mentioned him being an All Star first time. We talked about it before the All Star Game. The All Star week is madness. It's made him. Even when it's over, you still might take a week or two to recover, just based off of where it was. You know, how late you knew, If you find you find parents, family, it's a lot of going on. And I just think at this point of the season, he's been tested in ways he's never been tested before, and it's not uncommon, but you do have to make sure that you're giving him every opportunity to succeed, but also the team and if you are having questions about his workload. You got to have a plan to make sure that he knows it's not due to his performance, because that's another thing you don't want a young guy saying, all right, man, I was going seven out to keep pulling me after five. That's stressful winnings. That's also a maybe they acquire something in a pen that allows them to say, you know what, your workload can be lightened or offense you know takes care of that.
Speaker 6: But I think it's something that.
Speaker 5: You definitely have to watch because you know, I'm I don't believe in the whole sophomore slump and this or that.
Speaker 6: That's just the nature of baseball. It's adjustments.
Speaker 5: There's physical adjustments, there's mental adjustments, and then there's also just adjustments to say, baseball is gonna do what baseball does. I got to stick to the process and trust the grind and know that if I do that, I'll be where I need to be helping my team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And I think that a lot of what you said applies to other guys too, with just the longevity of it. I mean, you see certain guys fade, you see other guys come on, like Bubba Chandler has gotten better as the season's gone on.
Speaker 1: Look how much Jared Jones has improved compared to he.
Speaker 5: Was gonna be my guy that I'm like, do they extendedly show on him, like you know what I mean, especially after his past couple wildings, And I mean you only learn from going through it. Not saying you're trying to wear a guy down, but you know, those concerns with Ashcraft are opposite of Jared where he's going out there and it's like, all right, man, maybe maybe you need to let him go another ending and you know, not necessarily another inning, let him get another batter, and you know, let that dictate it. But at the same time, you also understand you got, as in a book, pin that you're trying to you want them to work for a clean inning, and you also, you know, you want your guy that is coming off an injury to continue to build off of these starts. But I think there are definitely some questions that they have to answer because you know, you're gonna need all those guys one way or another, and they got to pick each other up.
Speaker 2: I go ahead have it on pretty good authority that I think we're going to see the same type of workload for Jared Jones for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that maybe Bubba Chandler would be the one guy that could step up and go deeper now because I understand.
Speaker 2: It's both him and Mitch's That's that's what I was gonna say, mark the ground this out. It's that's their job, right The high end guys are Paul, Jared and Braxton. Yep, Jared is their best picture right now. Paul Schemes needs to be their best picture. He regressed this week, but that can just be one that can be a one off. He's been getting better as the season, you know, has over the last however, many like he looked really good against Cleveland Flush the Cubs thing just get better.
Speaker 1: Jared Jones has been great.
Speaker 2: Braxton we already talked about the caveat here is what the other two can do. Can the rookie keep not looking like a rookie? And can Mitch Keller build off of what was probably his best start since April, because that's what they're gonna need. They need to win this Arizona series. They have to take two of three, and the first two games are Mitchell on Monday, Bubba on Tuesday, and they're both going up against righty's, so you would think they're probably gonna get some pretty good run support.
Speaker 1: And then Arizona's Star, they're all Star.
Speaker 2: Rodriguez is pitching against Jared Jones in the final series finale and he's a leftyat so that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a low scoring ball game.
Speaker 2: You need to win these first two and your back end of your rotation, you're four and you're five, which is what Mitch and Bubba are.
Speaker 1: They need. They need to be at the very least serviceable.
Speaker 2: They got to cover innings because, yeah, you talked about the depth here.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 2: The next off day this team has is August tenth. They're going to play fourteen games, well there, since their last off day was Yeah, it's seventeen and seven seventeen days. They're three games into it, so they've got fourteen more days in a row. Is at least one baseball game barring a rain delay, and you know, maybe they'll have two in one day there or something like that. And this is in early August trade deadline. These are the stretches where the gap starts to widen between the real teams and the pretenders the dog days of August. Like Josh mentioned, this is the stretch, and I mean you've got Arizona, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and the Mets, so two not so good teams, two teams that are pretty good, and then the Mets again.
Speaker 1: Right, oh no, Mets, my bad. That ends it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's gonna be a challenge, but it starts with the rotation. That's that's where it's gonna Ultimately, if this team's still alive in the playoff standings by August tenth, it means it's because starting rotation stepped up and kept them in it.
Speaker 1: So exactly, all right, well we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're going to talk about another area of the team that needs to get better, and that's the offense against left handed starting pitching.
Speaker 1: Here on Bucko.
Speaker 7: Territory, Todd Father, are you hitting some games this summer?
Speaker 6: What's the deal?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 8: And it's real simple, Scottie Braun.
Speaker 4: You know how it is. You go to seat Geek and you can.
Speaker 8: Find any deal you want in any section you want, even if the game sold out. Go to seat Geek and you'll find something that you love. Affordable for your family, that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime, at any ballpark and stadium you want enjoy it. It's the best opportunity to go see a beautiful game of baseball.
Speaker 7: And that's the thing that you can be so last minute. Sea geek is the official ticket marketplace of Major League Baseball. They have you covered for all of your baseball ticket needs the entire summer. They also have over seventy thousand events on sea gek that includes concerts, festivals, all kinds of sporting events. So go check it out right now, ft FAM. The code is Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off with promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app, and then the code automatically is added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Pirates lost two games this weekend. They lost both of them against left handed starting pitching. I don't think we need to dive into the numbers to talk about how bad that's been. I think that's pretty well established that if there is one flaw for this lineup, it is that that they don't have enough guys who can consistently hit lefties. And even though you have Zmerlin Valdez who's been a difference maker, I think it's rather clear now that teams recognize that and they give him nothing to hit. And it kind of looks a little bit like last year, where it's like where you only have one or two threats and if those threats can be pitched around, you're kind of in big trouble. And it doesn't also help right now that some of their top players are all slumping collectively. I don't expect that to sis, but that also makes it so you see the offensive display that you.
Speaker 1: Saw this weekend.
Speaker 2: My question here, and this doesn't have to be that long of a segment, is when you assess this team's deadline needs. Right this is coming out on the twenty seventh, so it'll be one week before the trade deadline expires. Obviously you're thinking bullpen, maybe you're thinking starting pitching. There is some thought to maybe adding another right handed bat. If you're doing that, where is this bat playing?
Speaker 1: Is my question? Who are you trying?
Speaker 2: And we don't have to even think of a name right now, but.
Speaker 6: But who where are they going to fit in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's who's it? Bats?
Speaker 2: Are you taking away? Like where where are you going? Where are you going?
Speaker 1: And finding a guy that slots into this lineup? I can think of maybe.
Speaker 2: Two positions where I would consider it, but I'd be curious to hear what you guys think.
Speaker 1: We'll start with Josh.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I can't sit here and think of a position off the top of my head, but if there was one that they would be thinking, I would definitely think a corner like infield, maybe third base, But that is that that is, you know, a position that we've talked about. But obviously Nikki g would bounce around even Triolo unless something was to happen. But if you're if you're getting somebody to play third base, something has to happen to where somebody's expendable, because.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think if you're getting a back, you're letting somebody go, and it's just a matter of who are you letting go? Is that you know outfielder, is that a infielder, is that a DH you know, who knows? But it is a situation where you obviously know, like you're going to the field it's a tough spot to say where you're gonna, you know, find you know, a right handed hit or catcher.
Speaker 6: That I mean, you look at the outfield.
Speaker 5: We got a lot of outfielders that you know got switch hit or Brian Reuns it's a DH. You got make them switch hitter. So factor of them in his right handers. You got Esmer Lynn who plays outfield d H. I mean outfield, yes, could use some help. But at the same time, if that guy's going to the outfield, those other guys are slotted to DH where it's hard. But I said, if you're finding gay back right handed, that's helping. Somebody is going to be out and who's that odd man that's still to be seen. But you know, obviously you said they scored one run this weekend against two lefties, and when you don't see him a lot or one, they're not overpowering lefties. That's the other thing, you know, So maybe that's the thing where guys a little comfortable. But at the same time, you know, uncomfortable with at bat sometimes is the worst because if this guy is in overpowering, now you're chasing, you might be making weak contact.
Speaker 6: But if they're struggling like that against lefties. It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not out of question to want to improve the lineup with the right handed hitter, but I think it's going to cause for some you know, I can't even sit here and say, you know, shuffling or the roster, but obviously against lefties, would you slot Nikki g or Triolo to shortstop and give Jacob the day off because he's left hand?
Speaker 6: Like you know what I mean, I'm.
Speaker 5: Thinking, yeah, it's just so many ways. But it's like you acquired this guy, Jacob because I was that. I'm sure they're trying to give an opportunity. He's been playing well, you know, from a little bit.
Speaker 1: So that's what's that's what's really tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, third base is really the only place that makes sense, and your two third basemen are both right handed hitters.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't think that's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, in reality, this problem is emphasized because of Azuna. If Ozuna was doing his job and this wouldn't be a problem. And Mark, I think you're muted, but uh exactly, yes, I just see you see you get like preach, you know, and it's all silent, But thank you for your support. Oh, nonetheless, Yeah, I think Ozuna would be the one you move, or maybe you option Callahan or whatever, but yeah, third base would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you get a guy who.
Speaker 2: Plays second base and you just don't play loud against left handers, yeah, or you.
Speaker 4: Get a guy I like.
Speaker 1: It's just the first base.
Speaker 2: I just I o'hearne has still got to play against left handers.
Speaker 1: He has to.
Speaker 2: That's that's the one where it's like him and Cruise, Like Cruise has hit left he's well this year, so like I'm still I'm playing Cruise against left handers when he's back. I mean, you're playing Reynolds every day. So there's two outfielders right there, and you're playing o'han o'hearne at first base. You're gonna have Valdez in the lineup, so he's either dhing for you or he's playing right field, so either way, so now you have a d H spot open or third base, and it's just kind of like it's it's it's weird because like they have all these things.
Speaker 1: It's just the fit. It's almost like if someone.
Speaker 2: Were to get injured, it would make it a little easier to be like, all right, well there's your need.
Speaker 6: They're not wishing that on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just like or if someone just were not to be available, it would make an acquisition like this probably easier to figure out because it's like.
Speaker 1: How do you.
Speaker 2: I mean, they already have kind of like a convoluted lineup structure as is when they get fully healthy in the outfield, and it's like third base, it's like, all right, well you got to play Gonzalez, so do you just make him your second basement against lefties?
Speaker 1: Are you really not going to play Brandon Lau at all against lefties?
Speaker 2: Like? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is it that bad? I don't know, Mark, what do you have to say to.
Speaker 3: Yes, Triolo actually has been pretty decent against left handed pitching, so I feel all right against left handed pitching at third base. I think second base is probably where you would want to make the improvement, just because Lao hasn't been the best against lefties. But also we just saw earlier this week the Boston Red Sox and Nationals made a trade where the Red Sox acquired right handed Curtis Mead, and they have to give up a really talented young pitcher and kind only early. So the market for right handed bats is pretty expensive right now. I don't know if you want to factor that in, I don't know how much.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that that's the market. I think they just overpaid because they made a trade. True, more than a week ahead of the deadline, and they made a trade. Those are Those are two teams that are I mean the Red Sox are a playoff team right now, the Nationals are. Yeah, I wouldn't say that's a good Okay, but I don't think that's an accurate representation of the costs where the market is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But also I will say, uh, as as like frustrating as it is to watch because this offense is so good, usually second best OPS in the league against right handed pitchers, and that's what's been carrying this team. But it we're only like middle of the pack as far as team OPS goes against left handed pitching, like in like the twelve to fifteen range. It's fluctuating based on games. Pirates have a seven oh five OPS going into Sunday against left handed pitching seven to seventy nine OPS against Raye's So I'm I'm not really as concerned about this as I am. The bullpen struggles, yeah, for sure, but it is definitely a cause for concern and something that was very very clearly frustrating this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I guess to round us out because of your position player flexibility being that like I think maybe you add a right handed in field that after addressing other needs exactly like if you can go find someone and regardless of what position they play, because I mean, whenever Griffin gets back, you can maybe option someone else, but you're not thinking about that right now. So it's like if you go find a third basement, all right, So when a left he's on the mount, your righty platoon at third base is your acquisition. You move Triolo to short on those days and then you have no g play at second, and now you have three right handed bats there, plus Valdez plus O'Hearn, who I thought looked pretty good at the plate against the two lefty starters this weekend, and Cruisers hit what lefties well and then Reynolds and everybody else, or you know, if it's second baseman, then you're only playing like it's just like a true platoon guy, where it's just like Hey, Like, you're on this team for one reason, and it is to pinch hit against lefties latent games or start against lefties for Brandon Lau. So, yeah, all right, I think we talked it over. I think we checked all those boxes. All right, We're gonna take a quick break again when we come back. We'll round out the show with Platinum Keys Key of the Week here on Bucko Territory.
Speaker 9: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel. Baseball fans think you know who's hitting a homer today, Well, Fan Duel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash Podcast. That's FanDuel dot Com slash podcast to play daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer? Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 10: Twenty one plus Select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable, profit boost tokens. Restrictions supply including any token expiration and max wager amount see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred. Gambler Call one eight hundred, My reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gambling help dot org. Maryland visit Gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred and three to two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text hope and why.
Speaker 4: New York call one eight.
Speaker 10: Seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 4: All right, now, time for my Key of the Week segment. All right.
Speaker 3: In this week's Key of the Week, I wanted to highlight or kind of give a little shout out to the return the upcoming return of Spencer Horwitz here this He's been out from the team since June twenty fifth. He just started his rehab assignment a few days ago, and this is a guy who adds a completely different level to this team. He had an eight forty one OPS prior to going on the injured list, was hitting in the leadoff spot and putting together the best season we've seen from Spencer Horwitz, and putting him back in that leadoff spot just three eighty six I think, or three as on base percentage, getting him on base, opening up more RBIs for Brandon Lowe, Ryan O'Hearn, Brian Reynolds, more protection in this lineup for all of them, and getting all those guys back on track. I think bringing Spencer Horwartz back will seriously help with that. So my key of the week this week is whenever Spencer Horwitz does come back. I don't know if he'll rejoin for the Diamondback Series or join for the Mets series, but whenever the Payers getting back, I think that's going to be a massive, massive improvement. They've gone thirteen and eleven without him, but adding Spencer Horwartz to this team with a hot Esmerland Valdez. I mean Esmerland Valdez really wasn't even on this team doing what he was doing when Spencer Horwitz was on it. So pairing those two together, I'm just excited to see where this team goes when Spencer Horwitz comes back.
Speaker 4: Noah, have you heard any like insights?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Is he going to be back soon? Am I jumping the gun here with this?
Speaker 1: Or no? I you saw my facial reaction there. I thought I had forgot to get my laundry out of the dry or that, but no I did. We're all good. So back to baseball. Sorry to get that false alarm, but the real life problems right Theah, Yeah, you're just like, oh my god, did I just leave them?
Speaker 4: But I'm like, no, coming right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He definitely is.
Speaker 2: I don't know the exact date, right, But to just build off of what you're saying, because I was listening to what you're saying, work, I wasn't just wandering off.
Speaker 1: The laundry thing just popped out ino my head for a second.
Speaker 2: The thing that they gained from him is just that length in the lineup right like mangum.
Speaker 1: I think he's done a fine job at the top of the order.
Speaker 2: He's been their primary lead off guy since Spencer's been out, well really after Spencer and Connor went out. They're just a better team when you have Mangum batting like seventh through ninth. Yeah, like exactly having a three hundred hitter, turn the lineup over with a switch hitter, a guy who can steal bases, and you know Mangum's approach he does. He's aggressive like Spencer is more patient. The OBP is a lot higher.
Speaker 1: I don't hate.
Speaker 2: Mangum at the top of the order because I mean, if you have a three hundred hitter, that's that's fine at the top of the order. But I mean Mangum chases a lot outside the zone pitches and he's a contact guy. I really like what he does at the bottom of the third's that's the type.
Speaker 1: That's the place when at full health.
Speaker 2: When you have him and Nick Gonzalez at the bottom third, where it's just like, all right, you guys go be savages, like you just watched the first two thirds of this lineup. Take a million pitches, work counts, get on base, take big aggressive swings. You two are contact hitters. It's gonna change the whole flow of the game. That makes this lineup so much more dangerous. So by getting Spencer back at the top, you're getting probably a more traditional look as a leadoff hitter, and it makes the team so much better. When you have Mangum down in the bottom, it's a long line up, it's so much harder to pitch against.
Speaker 1: Not to say that the guys at the bottom third.
Speaker 2: Haven't been doing well recently, because I feel like Triolo's kind of held his own as a more regular player, But overall, man, I mean getting Mangham back down there low and having Spencer at the top, that's good for this team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't disagree. Before Spencer got hurt.
Speaker 5: Right when they moved him to that leadoff spot, I feel like he was just taking off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was almost like because I think he got.
Speaker 5: Off to a slow start to start the season, but it's like when he got moved to leadoff, it was almost like, not the identity of the team changed, but it was almost like, Okay, I think we found our guy to set the table for the rest of the squad, and it was just like, man, he's having great at bats. Not that you know, Mangum hasn't and you know when Connor was there, but like it was like Spence was settling into that leadoff spot to say, all right, y'all, I'm gonna set this table. I'm gonna let y'all know what he got, and it was just like then second time the line is about to come through, as you mentioned, you God, Nikki Gi or Mangam and they've down there and it's like, oh, now, Spence, one of your better hitters, you know, patient hitter, is now hitting with guys on base. And realistically, it's just something that, as you mentioned, having a long lineup makes it tough on the other team, not only the picture, but also defense because hey, long lineup means they are putting the ball in play, they're fighting pitches off, they are, man, that is tough. It's not just mentally grinding for the picture. It is for you know, defenders too, because you're out there trying to make it play like all right, man a, this lineup ain't not a joke with we we gotta hit cut off, we gotta if it's a double play, we gotta turn that unconventional one like it puts. It just makes it so much tough for on other team when you know there's not you know, many weeks by saying okay, and this dude might not be a power hitter, but this dude puts the ball in play as tough at bats. It's not just for the picture, that's also the defenders, because we know we got to get that out for our picture to be like, man, undeath that.
Speaker 6: Little you know, that annoying dude.
Speaker 5: I get called annoying a lot, like Dan do your bats and then really good at bats, but man, you're annoying because you know there's pitches that you think you got this guy out on any spoils if he fouls it off, and having a dude do that and then you got to pitch the spencer who's not gonna chase, it's like, all right, come on, man. And it's just one of those things where when you got an offense that's already good, it makes your offense that much better. And I thought Spence was really settling to his own before he got hurt.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you know what we need people to settle into is hitting that subscribe button. If they haven't already settle in, stick around for a little bit and you can't do that until you hit that subscribe button. We need your help doing that. Also, check out our team store, Bucco Territory Team Store. We've got a lot of good stuff on sale there. Wear it out to the ballpark. Gonna have a reason to wear Pirates stuff all the way through September, I think this year, folks. So some Bucco Territory gear will fill that void. Also check out our stuff at the Foul Territory Store.
Speaker 1: You're still promoting that as well. Ye, yes, here we are all right there we go. Yeah, all right, so we did that. Got the All Star shirts.
Speaker 3: Final thoughts, just shout out Ryan O'Hearn hitting rand slam on his birthday. That was awesome. I had so much fun. And also Sean Ross holy bomb four hundred and thirty eight foot home run into the second deck of left field and PNC for his first career major league hit one hundred and ten point six off the bat. His minor league sat cast page is hilarious. He doesn't really make too much contact, but when he does, lookout because it is hard, hard heard contact.
Speaker 4: So that was fun to watch. In his not his major league debut.
Speaker 3: He debuted Saturday, night in the blowout, he checked in. But second at bat, ever, Sean Ross comes in and just obliterates the baseball.
Speaker 4: So that was pretty fun to see. You have any final thoughts, Josh.
Speaker 6: Go take care of business.
Speaker 5: As you said, two important series here or an important series with Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: Take care of this first game?
Speaker 4: Sweet all right? Well for oh there he is. Okay, wait, no, I.
Speaker 1: Had to grab something. I had to grab something.
Speaker 2: So my my final thought is Monday when this comes out, It's the biggest game of the year.
Speaker 1: It's the Wolf Game. Wolf Wolf Game is Monday.
Speaker 2: If you know, if you know, you know, If you don't, just go with it. It's the Wolf Game. It's Monday. It's here. It's the biggest game of the year. Regardless of what happens moving forward, always think about the Wolf Game. Always think about it. So four Josh Harrison and Platinum.
Speaker 1: Key aka Mark.
Speaker 2: I'm no ohile signing off saying thanks for tuning in to another episode of Bucko Territory, presented.
Speaker 1: To you by the Foul Territory Network. Oh take care.
Speaker 6: The date of
Speaker 8: The date and the lateral flo the con