Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, Happy Friday, and more importantly, happy New Year, twenty twenty six. That's kind of a I don't I can't really wrap my head around that, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Also, you clearly can't wrap your head around the dress code, which was baseball hat today, Crystal.
Speaker 1: Man, I fucked up. I'm already just days into the new year, already screwing everything up.
Speaker 3: Your hair look's way too good for a baseball hat. So that's that's the bright side.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I am a fan of a baseball hat. I'm also a fan, though, I'm a fan of visors, which I feel like are more of like maybe early two thousands coded. But my head is very small and usually I have to wear child size baseball hat, so the visor kind of solves that for me.
Speaker 2: I saw we were like planning a show in the group a few weeks ago, and I saw you wearing a visor, and I was like, damn, Crystal's bringing the visor back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, big fan of the visor.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: So lots of things going on. We're going to do a little bit. It's going to be not a full on show here. I don't think we're going to try to keep it a little bit brief, and I was telling you, yeah, right, I feel you were going to try. Yeah, I feel sort of like I feel rusty. You know. Just taking this little bit of time off has been nice, and I think good for me to mentally reset and hopefully for you guys and for the crew as well. But I'm also like, do I still know how to do this?
Speaker 3: You're doing great, Crystal?
Speaker 5: In the comments, you decide, is she still going to do this?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: Should I just hang it up?
Speaker 5: Give up?
Speaker 1: That's it? Over?
Speaker 4: Any big resolutions this year, y'all before we begin, I haven't.
Speaker 1: You know, I've I haven't really been a big resolution person. Usually what I do is during this time period I try to think about, like what are going to be the big not just stories, but consequential events of the year. And you know, last year, I really was thinking a lot about AI, and I would say this year, I'm still thinking a lot about AI. So I've kind of, I guess, recommitted myself to I was also just talking to it about this to see if I can have less of just a doumer view of it and more of an aspirational like Okay, if this is coming, because I think it's very difficult to halt completely, what could we do that would make sure that the benefits are shared and that this isn't the end of democracy? That this isn't you know, the start of truly authoritarian like power consolidated in the hands of a handful of people, and people tossed down of jobs and just this utterly dystopian future, Like what is another envisioning of that? And I think it does make sense, like what Bernie's proposing, to sort of slow things down while people wrap their heads around and while that democratic process plays out, while that, you know, inspiration and ideas are percolating. But I'm trying to, you know, to try on less of a dumer mentality and more of like, okay, well, if this is coming, what could we do that would if there if they want to rewrite the social contract, Like what does that look like in a way that's actual beneficial?
Speaker 5: And what about you? What's your resolution this year?
Speaker 2: This is like very hard to follow Crystal's thoughtful point there, I don't really make resolute. I tried not to think about the new year in terms of like opening or like opening another chapter or anything like that. It's hard not to, but I don't really have any anything to say. I do remember Crystal saying this last year, and immediately I feel like your coverage became super, super helpful because you were literally doing the reading and going deep on it and brought that lens to the kind of news of the day stories.
Speaker 3: So maybe I should take a page out of your book.
Speaker 1: Emily's resolved to mog on more bitches this new.
Speaker 3: Year about the physiognomy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, you know what, I like, I lacked a scientific understanding of Sydney sweeney is facial symmetry and that I've realized that's a serious error on my part, and I pledge.
Speaker 3: To do better.
Speaker 1: You know, even as a Sydney Sweeney critic, I really hadn't explored the ways in which she's quote unquote malformed.
Speaker 3: See you didn't get.
Speaker 2: To the orbital Yeah, you didn't say any of that, which was neglectful.
Speaker 3: Griffin, do you have a resolution?
Speaker 4: My resolution was to investigate more more fraud into the podcast, like Breaking Points.
Speaker 5: So expect a camera crew knocking out.
Speaker 1: Showing up at places and demanding to see their children.
Speaker 4: We tape in the mornings here at breaking points. So I'm gonna show up in the afternoons with the camera crew being like, where's Crystal, Where's Sager? They're not here, No show job. Let's look to the future. Let's get to the news, folks. It's a brand new year, and let's turn our eyes to New York City, where Zora Mamdani has been sworn in as mayor. Let's take a quick listen to a clip that's been getting some action.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 6: These communities have existed as distinct from one another. We will draw this city closer together. We will replace the frigidity of rugged individualism with the warmth of collectivism.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Campaign demonstrated that the people of New York yearn for solidarity, then let this government foster it, because no matter what you eat, how you pray, or where you come from, the words that most define us are the two we all share.
Speaker 5: New Yorkers.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, that was a taste from the inauguration. Crystal was so amazed by that she ran to New York City.
Speaker 1: To adjust that and also to let the cat in.
Speaker 5: Hop on the antrack.
Speaker 4: But Big Day Bernie was part of the inaugural ceremony. Zoron was sworn in in the old subway in the New York City with his wife, and what do we make this, guys?
Speaker 1: I mean to me, it's extremely helpful, Like that line is so funny because I think it was very intentionally put in to spark a hole like oh my god, collectivism, like what's going on and sharia law and communism and whatever, which is kind of a funny.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the sort of thing that the writer is been pulling lately, like let me intentionally touch the hot stove and make people react to it. And he certainly got that. He certainly got that reaction. But you know, there's a few things. There's just the portrait of Bernie there swearing him in the official ceremony AOC there as well, So Bernie being so amazing photo Bernie just like delighted mouth escape with Eric Adams looking very stern above him.
Speaker 5: Great new mittens and blanket photo but this time a happy.
Speaker 1: One, but this time delighted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so to see him kind of in a sense like passing the torch built to Zoron and AOC who may be you know, a contender in twenty twenty eight presidential or at least maybe running for the Senate against Chuck Schumer was to me very poignant, and I think Zoron not only he really has a lot of intentionality around the symbols that he chooses. So you mentioned the initial swearing in happened in this sort of iconic subway shuttered subway stop under City Hall that is really beautiful, and you know, came from a time period when it was like, we're going to invest in public goods and we're going to make them really beautiful and really nice, and we're going to put thought and care into it. So that was a very thoughtful choice. Immediately after his swearing in, he goes to a red stabilized apartment building where the landlord has completely neglected. It's falling apart, roaches are coming in, pipes are rusted, tiles are falling apart, et cetera. That's where he chooses to not only tour the facility and to champion their cause and put official resources towards it, but also to sign his initial executive orders. I know he was. He arrived at the inauguration in a cab that was driven by a taxi cab driver who had previously done a hunger protest alongside so or on. So he just he's thought a lot about how to signal this is a different administration and it's being run for a different group of people. He also made sure in his speech to say, like, look, I was advised that now's the time to lower expectations, to do the like you know campaign and what's the thing campaign and poetry governan pros or whatever, but anyway to set the expectation smaller. He's like, I'm not going to do that. We are going to get out there and try and we may not always succeed, but we're going to think big and we're going to dream big. So you know, now the proof is going to be in the pudding. And I think he's well aware that the eyes of not just New York City, but the eyes of the nation are really on him whether this is or not, because this is the test. Now he will be held up of the as the example of like can the left govern or? Are these just sort of like these utopian pie in the sky ideals and what comes for when the rubber meets the road. They can't really deliver on any of these promises, and everyone just leaves with further nihilistic and with their hopes dashed.
Speaker 2: I'll add that it feels like an evolution for democratic socialism. And to Crystal's point about Bernie elated on stage, sort of watching the torch being passed, or that's too passive passing the torch. As Crystal said this, I think the flavor of Mayor Mom Donnie's administration that we've seen over the last twenty four hours looks like the growth into a more mature political operation of democratic socialism. And I don't mean upper case DA necessarily. I mean Bernie style democratic socialism. And I think we all saw with AOC she would probably say this, and there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: This in Ryan's book. By the way, there was a surprise.
Speaker 2: Among DSA types and AOC about the response I mean about beating Joe Crawley, like that was very surprising. When Mam Donnie beat Cuomo in the primary, very very surprising. But then I think with Zora and the office is so big, and he had so many months to campaign after the primary against the guy he beat in the primary, and that so many resources poured in.
Speaker 3: It's not just like a congressional seat.
Speaker 2: This is the mayor of New York City, and I think there's just been this deluge of concerted strategic thought that's gone into what this looks like. And we've seen that over the last twenty four hours. We're getting a I think a glimpse that this is going to be. I mean, it sounds obvious to say it, but it's another thing to see it. This is going to be the future of the lowercase DS democratic socialist movement. And just a couple of quick, kind of newsy points. I liked this Joe Philipovitch tweet because I sent this.
Speaker 3: In our DMS. But there were a couple of.
Speaker 2: Lines where I was like, ooh, this one, for example, was for too long those fluent in the good grammar of civility, of deployed decorum to mask agendas of cruelty, And Joe Philipovitch said, listen, I am as excited for the zorn Era as the next person, but I'm begging, begging, begging his speechwriters to allow him to talk like a normal person and not an Oberlin freshman writing a persuasive essay.
Speaker 3: I thought that was interesting because.
Speaker 2: He doesn't normally talk like an Oberlin freshman writing a persuasive essay, and so it was, you know, there were the collectivism line. I thought, is it not my favorite as a conservative? It gives me chills as a conservative. But I see what Crystal's saying that It's like, this is he wants you to know that he is touching the third rail that he.
Speaker 5: Has to he whipped out.
Speaker 4: He whipped out like the iin Rand villain mode on this speech like collectivism.
Speaker 5: We're gonna so here for take it from the audience.
Speaker 2: If you're a villain in an Iron Rand novel, you're probably doing something right.
Speaker 1: You know, it's true, true, I I you know, I thought about I thought about that Jill Philipovitch tweet as well. And here's what I'll say. If he it really depends if he delivers on his promises or people feel like he is delivering, they feel like life is getting better, they feel like he's fighting for them. Then I think it's fine to lean into this very like intellectual level, you know, grown up level of campaign rhetoric. And I sort of disagree that this is different than his normal mode. He certainly has the ability to just like talk to people and come off as a normal person, which is really good and kind of unusual for a democrat of any any flavor. But when he does prepared speeches, he uses this kind of elevated rhetoric. I didn't see this as the first time. Now. What I did note is the tone was like, oh, now now that I've won, like I'm letting my like socialist freak flag fly. Yeah, like I'm letting it all out like this, this is how it's going to be, and you guys are going to eat it up and you're gonna see what we're going to deliver. That I did see, But in terms of the sort of like you know, elevated rhetoric and his approach to that, that to me felt consistent with other prepared speeches he gives, and even you know, when he speaks on in TV news interviews, et cetera, he does reach for sort of more more flowery language. And like I said, I think it just matters. If he can deliver, then people are going to love him and love all the aspects of him. And if he can't and if you know, the administrations is a shambles and can't deliver on any of the key promises, it doesn't feel like he's fighting for those key promises then I think it's going to land very hollow and overwrought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that sounds I know, I think that's true.
Speaker 2: But but that to me is interesting as the This is one thing that I think AOC did well and poorly when she first entered the scene was that it was like, sometimes it did sound like the Oberlin freshman, and then sometimes she's really good at talking like just the bartender and well Kart.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was just gonna say where I distinguish is she used a lot of the academic language around, like intersectionality and that sort of stuff, whereas Zoran's you know, I watched this whole speech and I read the transcript again this morning. It's very grounded in class politics. So in that way, just on a substantive level, it's different from you know, some of the critiques I also had of of AOC's language at a certain time, although now I think that she is also a pretty effective communicator. The other thing that people are freaking out about is this is kind of kind of clever in a way. So Zorn rescinded all of the Eric Adams executive orders from after he was indicted for fraud because he said, look, this is when he lost the trust in New York City, So anything after that time is being swept out. And a number of those executive orders had to do with like pro Israel stuff. So one was like some sort of a ban on bds, and the other one was the codifying of this definition of anti Semitism that conflates anti Zionism with anti Semitism. And so rather than just like targeting those specific pro Israel executive orders, he's like, no, no, no, all the stuff that was done after he was indicted for corruption, all of that is being tossed aside. And of course the like you know, the the more like right wing Zionist types are freaking out about these particular executive orders, and so oh look, see Zara's already coming for the Jews or whatever. But but you know, I think anyone who listened to how he campaigned would say, he certainly has a mandate to make the government of New York more neutral to Israel then, you know, certainly than Eric Adams and other New York City mayors have positioned the government in the past.
Speaker 4: And we've got some polling here, mom, Donnie is up five in national net favorability in this New York Politics poll was negative fourteen. In September, we got AOC plus one here as well, Hochel down six, Trump down twenty, Adams down twenty three, and Cuomo at the bottom here negative.
Speaker 1: Adam's more popular than CMA. So funny.
Speaker 5: They should have run him again.
Speaker 3: They should have run Erica.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me and Emily have been saying this for so long. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Still gonna lose, though. I mean, he had the lowest favorability rating of any mayor in New York City's history. So I don't think there was any stop in the zoomentum.
Speaker 3: No, there was no stopping the zoo.
Speaker 2: But that's I mean, I think just the point that you made, Crystal is when you look at how democratic socialism surged in America's populist moment around ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Now it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: So twenty sixteen, that's crazy. We're exactly a decade out from Bernie surge. It has clearly gone back to something that looks a lot more like what Bernie would have had it look like had those I mean, there's this this moment where Bernie is campaign in twenty sixteen. An activist sees the microphone from him, and he sort of seeds the spot and it's very academic, jargony type language. And so I do think that what we're seeing right now is a smarter, more mature, you know, ten year in project. And if you're somebody who believes in the democratic socialist project, you should be enormously, enormously hopeful about what you saw in the last twenty four hours, which was again a professional, political, concerted operation with a mature strategy as to like bringing in people on a class basis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, you know, some people on the left already have been and upset with the decisions that are kind of you know, sort of like hard knows political tactics, like deciding not to endorse Toosa against to King Jeffries, pushing him not to run in that race, some of the administration choices, so you know, some of those things I think as governing reality sets in, I think going to be difficult for a lot of people on the left to swallow, myself included. But you know, I think he is trying to approach it from eyes on the prize. I need to do what I got to do to deliver, and that's the you know, the number one, first and foremost priority. And then the last thing I'll say here, which will set us up for our segment on Gavin Newsom and Jade Vance, Mogging and Clovicular and all of that, is as we look forward to the future of our politics, we are going to get a lot of answers in this year, in twenty twenty six about what the future of the Democratic Party is going to look like, because there are so many primary challenges across the country, some of them high profile that we've spoken about, some of them under the radar that we haven't spoken about, and that we don't even know about. There are so many contests which are being set up right now just in the Democratic primaries that are really going to set the tone for what the future of this party is. Are they going to hang on to the neoliberal let's try to preserve the institutions, let's try to cling to the status quo and modestly improve it, or are we going in a more radical direction. I think the base is going to send some very strong messages on that point this year, which is one of the things that I'm very excited for us to be able to track together. So that's going to be something to watch and then of course in the general election to see you know, do these the swing that we saw in twenty twenty five towards Democrats and that we've seen in these special elections where you know, people are flipping twenty points towards Democrats. Does that sustain and do we have something you know, really quite consequential in terms of a wave election or you know, do we get a surprise as we have in the past when we expected wave elections and they didn't arrive.
Speaker 4: Well to that point, let's mog on over to Clavicular in the twenty twenty eight race.
Speaker 5: Now, do you guys know who Clavicular is?
Speaker 1: Like I do now I'm recorded. I recorded an interview for KKF with Taylor Lorenz, who you know, I mean, it's her job to know about these characters. And she said she went deep on him maybe like four months ago, and she just posted something on her channel. So I have been educated now in the clavicular full lore and origin story.
Speaker 4: So for those listeners who aren't on the algorithm, I would describe as evil TikTok.
Speaker 5: There is a man named Clavicular.
Speaker 4: He's kind of in some ways like the New young Andrew Tate and that he is sort of a male icon for younger men. But this guy, ye, well for this group, for enough enough people that we're talking about him now and that he's on shows. Yeah, he is a looks maxer, which means he would take rocks or pebbles and hit them on his jaw to bruise his bones to make them stronger to I guess he believes give him a stronger jaw line to become more of an alpha Chad. He also does a medley of drugs to keep his figure, including like low grade amounts of meth uh. He does obviously all the other gender affirming care trt He is, in a lot of ways trance so to male, he's male to male.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's male to alpha male. Y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's.
Speaker 1: Good I should say. And actually this is just to help people understand how extreme the things that he does are. He's been taking some form of like steroids from the time he was fourteen, and he's actually sterile now because of what he has taken. So yeah, his yeah, I mean he talks about this publicly. This isn't news, and so his whole his whole thing is this very nihilistic sort of in cell pick up artist adjacent philosophy of the world is screwed. It's very hard to get ahead. The deck is stacked against you. And the best thing that you could do to be able to get women and have some sort of success is to look smax. To take these extreme like the ethos of the bodybuilding world and apply that not just to your body but also to your face.
Speaker 5: American Psycho Garnish on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I I was gonna say, it's very it's very niche, and that's the like underpinning of American Psycho, this idea that you can be the superman.
Speaker 3: And Rodrere has been talking about.
Speaker 2: How we're in Ymar America, but this is actually like and his has a totally different take on well actually maybe not that different, but on uh, anti Semitism and all of that. But when he's talking about Wymar America, he particularly zeroed in the other day on Clovicular and was like, this is so dangerous because you're getting into a place where the Fringes are now prouder and prouder about reducing people to their physical worth, and it's very eugen it's extraordinarily eugenicsy and he this was like last year the rights viral fight was over H one B's. This year it was Michael Knowles having clivicular on and just like dead ass asking him about JD.
Speaker 3: Vance. And that's where Griffin.
Speaker 5: Which we got a clip, which we got a clip right here, let's take a look.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But I mean, like this next election cycle, who's going to win? It's going to be Gavin Newsome against JD. Vance because JD Vance is ub human and Gavin Newsom ogg'stance as subhuman.
Speaker 3: What makes you say that?
Speaker 8: Uh, he's got a very short total of facial wit the height ratio, he's a very resessed side profile, whereas Newsom is like six' to Three, Chad.
Speaker 9: So You're JD's Very JD's got to be Sell.
Speaker 5: Gavin newsom Obviously mogson to. Death SO i prefer to the vice. President i'm just telling you who's gonna? Win do you prefer him?
Speaker 3: Them, honestly.
Speaker 8: It's it's hard to, say But newsome being that much more of a, mauger and like having a president who's like fat and especially.
Speaker 5: That, young do you think HE'S i don't think he's. FAIR i would say he's a bigger.
Speaker 8: Guy for.
Speaker 5: Sure he's just like.
Speaker 8: It's just, embarrassing, like how are you you? Fat and you expect to like lead a country you can't even be you, know so you like you got let's say you've got to.
Speaker 9: Vote it's twenty Eight i'm voting, Now Gavin.
Speaker 5: Newsom you're ready For gavin News you can't be That. Hanby that's up Human.
Speaker 2: See you got all?
Speaker 9: Right, well this actually is of a thread with the whole conversation because you look at these two. Candids you Have Gavin, newsom worst governor in the. COUNTRY i think we would all, agree destroyed his, state let its main city burn to the ground because of his. Incompetence is a, personal, complete, derelict, liar. Degenerate but he is good. Looking i'll grant you. That he's good looking and kind of looks Like Patrick, Bateman american. Psycho and then and then you have this vice president To President, trump the transformative right wing president in our. Lifetimes who do you Support trump or?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay so you got and you got this vice president hand picked By, trump who is extremely, intelligent very right. WING i think he's a pretty good looking. GUY i don't, know MAYBE i guess you, Disagree but is all these things, checks all these boxes would have all these great, policies and regardless you're going to pick the pro mass, migrant pro trans pro murder the, babies pro burn the cities to the, ground PRO, blm demo crat because he's skinnier than the conservative vice.
Speaker 5: President one hundred times. Over i'm you, Know i'm so mad At.
Speaker 4: SAGER i tried to Get sager to do this interview and he was, like, NO i don't know.
Speaker 5: If we should do. It.
Speaker 1: Interview they could have Been sager getting mogged on The Soger mogg the there you, go there's. Okay so there's a lot that's interesting about. This first of, All Michael knowle's doing this interview to start With Daily wire's not doing. Well you, know they're losing subscribers and because people are going bored to these type of. Characters so the choice to do this, INTERVIEW i think is in a, sense in a sense like an attempt to maintain relevance and be, like, Look I'm i'm down with, these you know, characters these new kid, streamers Like i'm good with.
Speaker 4: This and Then goles is pretty good at that in particular on The Daily, wire Like shapiro is not really, evolving But roles is kind of getting out.
Speaker 1: There but but, yeah SO i, mean but then you, know it's this conversation doesn't like go that well for. Him and it's funny BECAUSE i watched most of the whole, thing and it's Like clovicular is sort of taking to the logical extreme some of the arguments that people Like Michael knowles has been. Making so there's been this whole thing on the ride about like beauty and beauty is not, subjective it's not an eye of the. Beholder it is a like established. Fact and also like playing with these sort of like eugenics type, ideas and so, yeah For clavicular to go to the logical extreme of, like, Yeah Gavin newsom looks Like Ai slop of The Aryan chad with the Perfect aryan. Family that's my. Guy and and we should also Say clavicular ohs in some sense his rise To nick fuent has like they're also very like adjacent and friendly. Creators fuentez and The gropers also hate Jd vance because he's a race, trader because he married An indian woman and because he has biracial kids and those things sort of like these things sort of fit together as. Well but the other THING i, noted just specifically about that clip is When noles first asked, him, like, so do you Prefer Gavin, Newsom he's, like, YEAH i guess. So but then by the end of, it when he realizes, like, oh this is getting a rise on. Him, yeah like he's he's like losing his mind over. This by the, end he's, Like i'd vote for him a hundred times, over you, know just completely like all in on. It And i've seen another interview clip with him since then where he's he's sort of, like, OH i was, trolling so giving himself some wiggle room to kind of like back out of, this But newsom is leaning into it. Hard you, know there's other creators online who are also, like you, know PEOPLE i don't even know who they, are but other right wing creators who were, like you, Know Jadie vance is chonky and fat it's a no for, me and posting The Gavin Newsom chad. Photos Gavin newsom is posting those, photos posting like ugly picks of Jad vans from when he was, younger and pudgy er and like didn't have the beard and. Whatever so that's that's where we, are that's the state of our politics.
Speaker 2: Today Maybe clovicular should go To marine's boot camp and then have words for J d Versus Gavin. NEWSOM i think the conversation about like beauty is an interesting invocation here because a lot of WHAT i, see including for myself on the, right is this question about nature and how when we're in such an antiseptic like high tech, world we do lose natural some degree of natural beauty because everything is. Artifice everything is being constructed in less and less natural.
Speaker 3: Ways not, everything but you, know the metaverse.
Speaker 2: Was all we were talking about The New, year what like five years ago, something, yeah five years ago something like.
Speaker 5: That but.
Speaker 2: With that in, Mind clavicular is TOTALLY i think making the point And Gavin newsom as, well about how natural. Looks you you can't like replicate Natural uh this is this is so, Stupid but, like you can't replicate natural good looks by hammering your jaw and injecting your face with with. Fillers you can do something that looks LIKE, X y OR. Z, right you could create an artifice of the, natural but you. Can't actually it's it's not. Natural so it doesn't look, natural and you get into that uncanny. VALLEY i obviously watch a lot Of Real. Housewives i'm incredibly, familiar uh with these these, efforts but in all serious, yeah with the looks back from, women, right but, like you, can't it's not. Natural and at the same, time the people Like clavicular are trying to frame it as totally, natural as like this is it is the nietzsche perspective that what we have is power and, strength and, uh he will stop at no ends to construct power and, strength even if it means and taking all of these high tech, medications hammering his drug whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is and it's not.
Speaker 2: Attractive and, HONESTLY i think the same thing About Gavin, newsom like he's just he looks Like Patrick.
Speaker 1: Bateman well that's the thing is none of these either jimbro trend or this Looks maxing trend or even Like Gavin newsom as this you, know Undisputed, chad none of these things are for the female. Gaze they're also the male. Gaze, still, YEAH i, mean.
Speaker 5: And so it's like it's.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i, mean it feels very sort of like, homoerotic Because i'm, like you actually number, one you hate, women, RIGHT i mean not all looks, maxers but many have this total antipathy towards, women and you know talk about women are whoes and you, know ruining our lives and all this. Stuff, right this stuff is very adjacent to like in cell, ideology pickup artist's, ideology Like manisphere, stuff like it's it's all very, similar, Right so they hate, women and then the ideal chit chad mail that they're trying to craft is much more based on what a man's idea of aspirational male beauty would would. Be SO i don't, know they're.
Speaker 4: Literally they're literally sar love and to this point about LIKE i watched this Clip emily AND i was, Like republicans are so. Screwed like they were relying on like the spirit Of trump to carry them for like thirty more, years and then The epstein thing, happened and now people are already looking into what's next and the and no one likes any of the any of the lineup behind, that which is like THIS.
Speaker 5: Jd gavin. Thing they're okay With, gavin and then.
Speaker 4: This is Dark maha and not just the The trump stuff and sort of like the future of the. Leaders but this core sense Of republican conservatism was always about, family, right protecting the, family and this new generation seems to be transcending the need for family or like feeling, like, well and IF i can't own a house or have a, family why not reject the entire. Concept and Something i've been seeing with conservatives, is you, know either it's clavicular saying he's, sterile and.
Speaker 5: He doesn't he's actually doing it for, men not.
Speaker 4: Women i'm seeing people Like Asmen, gold another big conservative, YouTuber SAY i will never have a girlfriend, again like as a positive. Thing AND i still See Andrew, tait who's been for years saying it's gay to have a. Girlfriend so it seems like these like TEN c stuff, Too, yeah that it's literally gay to have sex with. Women and so it's like all these influencers are sitting to like carve and guide out a path that's like post women and like post even having any, children or you, know continuing the human.
Speaker 3: Race, well and that's BECAUSE i think it's.
Speaker 2: Important Like tate particularly frames it as about power and, strength and, again like these are ideas that are relegated to The. FRENCH i mean there's there's for, now there's a reason we're laughing at that interview Between knowles And clovicular Because clivicular it's it's like, frontos, right that people mistake the size of their audience for the size of people's.
Speaker 3: Endorse they're, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, right, right entertain believing every word of. It they are.
Speaker 2: Extremely, entertaining, Right and the reason that they're extremely entertaining is because there were all of these taboos, created and those taboos were getting pinned i think rightfully to the left for the last.
Speaker 3: Ten, years and it made a lot of young men.
Speaker 2: Totally miserable and vulnerable to this kind of thing and wanting to just reject The what they felt like was the tightening of the strictures and the status quo and the cultural centers of power that they felt like we're emasculating. Them and to some, extent there's truth to. That but on the other, hand when you're, unmoored you are much more easily like blown by the wind in one direction or the. Other and it's all about, power that's What that's what these guys are talking. About the end of the day is like what you should value is, power and that's really not funny because.
Speaker 3: That could go to a very very dangerous, place very very.
Speaker 1: Quickly, well and it's all about power because they are. POWERLESS i, mean this is to me less about you, know a backlash the left or, whatever Although i'm not saying that there's none of that in. Here but this is about where we are in late stage, capitalism where men have been told by society that their entire worth comes from being able to, provide being able to make money and provide for a household and a wife and you, know kids and all of, that and then they've been robbed of the ability to do, that and so out of that you, know extreme place that our society has come to with extreme wealth, inequality where there is very little hope that people be able to you, know obtain the even the life that their parents, had even though some of that's huge Through rhodes colored. Glasses that's how you end up with this very nihilistic sea of extremely nihilistic. VIEWPOINTS i, mean that's you, know that's, fantasism which is you, know effectively Neo. Nazism it's it's race. Nihilism of this is just how the world is we can't fix, it we can't make it. Better we just have to deal with. It it looks, nihilism where it's, like, listen if you look, better you get, ahead and that's just the way the world. Is and then create an exaggerated version actually of how bad the world is because there are obviously plenty of. PEOPLE i, Mean Donald trump is not good looking and, fat and he's president of The United. States but you, know so it's a caricaturist view of. Reality but rather than having an aspiration of, like, well let's tackle, that let's make it so that you don't just judge the book by its. Cover let's make it so that there's better opportunity for, people regardless of you, know how they look on the. Outside it's, no this is how it. Is and SO i am going to succeed by the rules of this system no matter what it, takes because there are so few other roots left open to. Me and with clvicular in, particular you, know he he talks so first of, all he says he is on the, spectrum he's. Neurodivergent he talks about how in high school he had trouble fitting, in you, know had the sense of like you, know people are getting, dates people are getting invited to, parties on being left out what's going on? Here and then he goes to college and he gets kicked out in like three weeks.
Speaker 3: Time yeah he's nineteen by the, way, right nineteen years.
Speaker 1: Old, exactly and he talks too about how he wishes he could just go to college and be a normal college. Kid and it's after he gets kicked out in college he starts being a bouncer at these NIGHTCLUBS i think In, miami and that's where he develops this sense of, like, oh the good looking guys get the. Girls that must be what life is completely. About and then applies, this you, know in his view like scientific and again very, eugenicsy you, know assessment of what is beauty and how CAN i attain? It because this must be the path. Forward so he is a perfect you, know he's a perfect emblem of the hopelessness THAT i, think you, know really faces not just, men everybody in the you, know end stage capitalistic society that we face right. Now so it's not to deny people, agency but it is to recognize that no one should be surprised that we have these weird nihilistic fringe viewpoints that are coming to the.
Speaker 2: Four, yeah THE I a was thinking The Latchian post recently about how this is a crazy. Stat more young men say they want to get married than young, women and when young women are looking at young, men it becomes a little bit clearer as to why young women are maybe saying we are going to check out of this marriage.
Speaker 1: Thing and there are some good thanks reason.
Speaker 2: See, Yeah And griffin made a POINT i don't want to gloss, over which is For, republicans is there a kind of rhyme to what happened as we were talking about earlier in the, show back in twenty sixteen and then, beyond especially twenty twenty For democrats where some of these like hyper online meme level like liberalism was being pinned to Every democratic. Candidate you, know things that were going on in classrooms like just think of The libs of TikTok. Account just think about that and how powerful that, was especially.
Speaker 3: Like around twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty does that, then because of our totally fractured media, landscape mean the claviculars of the world start to infect the way average voters Perceive.
Speaker 3: Republicans and the answer to this is.
Speaker 2: Not people are not prepared for this at THE, rnc just as they weren't prepared for at THE, dnc because the answer is absolutely, yes absolutely. Yes he has a big, platform and he is speaking as somebody who is Pro Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump he is not like a conservative.
Speaker 2: Influencer he's not a conservative radio, host like a local radio host. Circuit, say, right you could you could call Up mike when he was a local radio host In indiana in the nineteen nineties and be, like, hey come to our. Retreat you, know maybe he's getting a little. Chippy, uh come to our, retreat be a, speaker, whatever and you can whine and dine a radio. House so like you have more. Control if you're the r N, c you have no control. Anymore these are all but.
Speaker 3: Decentralized but here's the other.
Speaker 1: Thing like THE Dhs twitter account is posting about deporting one hundred million. People that's every non white, person citizen and non in the entire. Country that's a third of the. Population they post Like nazi stuff on their main account all the, time just. OVERTLY i, Mean Steven miller is every bit as extreme As Nick fuentes Or clovicular or. Whoever so like. Entertaining yeah, right, yeah just way less.
Speaker 4: Entertaining there's one years to the piece of a nation no longer besieged by The third, world and it's a car on the beach with a.
Speaker 1: Wave, actually by the, way they stole this artwork from A japanese, artist by the.
Speaker 5: Way and also this Is.
Speaker 1: America it Says america after one hundred million, Deportations so again that's not criminal or legal. Ale that is a third of the, population that is every non white person in the. Country so, like of course people are going to associate these fringe ideologies with this administration because this administration has a fringe ideology that it puts out to the public every single.
Speaker 3: Day, WELL i think we're.
Speaker 2: Just going to see more political mainstream quote unquote. Mainstream like nothing is as mainstream now as it was when we had more.
Speaker 3: Monoculture and SO i think.
Speaker 2: WHAT wo is, like there's more more fringe is going to be incorporated into the quote mainstream in the future because of the total decentralization that you DON'T i guess it's part of the good and bad of losing gatekeepers is that it's, like on the one, hand it's good because we benefit from the gatekeepers being, gone meaning that we can do. This on the other, hand when the gatekeepers are, gone it means you have to contend with the bad actors in that space, too and they do start to really change. Things the last THING i will say On clavicular is that we laughed earlier At zoron's collectivism line BEING i saw this on at someone said the GRIFFIN mati sounds like an Iron rand. Villain and what's interesting to me about that is Ein rand was the Took nietzscheism to its, extreme and this idea that power is what mattered did start to change the way influence the way that the right approached capitalism and the right approached. Culture and Iron rand was virulently Anti, christian was anti, religious which was the case with everyone who was downstream Of nietzsche in the twentieth century in that kind of stream of. Thought and that's again extraordinarily dangerous because what you're starting to see physically as a symbol in ridiculous figures Like, clavicular trickles more and more into policy. Too if you think this is just people looking at themselves looks, maxing it's. Not it's it's going to be power. Maxing it's going to be it's going to be polymarket, maxing which we're doing in different sectors of.
Speaker 3: The economy right now.
Speaker 2: Too and so it's basically saying the only thing that matters is, strength the only thing that matters is, power and that's. Horrifying, again there's a real danger that migrates from the.
Speaker 1: Fringe it's a very dark view of. Life that's probably a good Segue griffin to The Nick shirley talking about speaking of influencer culture and bad actors and all of that sort of stuff and how much power they.
Speaker 4: Have, Now, emily we got to talk about Detective, surely the gum shoe.
Speaker 5: Reporter what's going on?
Speaker 4: Here, emily there was a there was a YouTuber Named Nick shirley who went Around, minnesota walked up to some daycare centers and they didn't let him.
Speaker 5: In break it down for, US.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if we have like an element to put up on the, Shop we'll pull something.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah over the last couple of, weeks this really broke right Before. Christmas from remembering, correctly it's hard to keep the day straight right. Now But Nick, shirley who's a pretty big kind of write coded. Influencer you see the video on the screen OF cnn going to talk To Nick shirley In minneapolis as he's investigating the massive fraud ring that you, know he was like seventy eight people have been charged something like that. Already he goes and knocks on the door of daycare, centers places that are purporting to treat, autism those types of, things and post a video that just in the last couple of weeks has gone mega. VIRAL i think it has like three million views on YouTube as of the time that we're talking about, this and many many more views on other. Platforms it's basically taken what everybody had heard about in the last, month which was the story people have been shouting for the rafters about In minneapolis for.
Speaker 3: A long, time and not just people on the.
Speaker 2: Right by the, way the article That i've cited the most is a twenty twenty four piece in The Minnesota reformer from A somali former government official who was, saying this is a real, problem here's what's going, ON, X y AND, z and so surely's tactics made for very compelling viewership because you could see in some of the cases like he's been reinvestigated BY cnn AND npr and different outlets who've called.
Speaker 3: All the places that he went.
Speaker 2: To you can see very clearly in some of the cases that it's shady and that they're kind of.
Speaker 3: Fronts but but it's gonzo and.
Speaker 5: Most of them he got.
Speaker 4: Wrong like so the flaud is. Real there is real, fraud like hundreds of millions of dollars of. Fraud but the places that he went to were. Real he, like could there's a real fraud and he couldn't even get to the right, ones, right like healked not all of, them.
Speaker 3: But, yeah some of them actually.
Speaker 5: Turned because for one of, them he came.
Speaker 4: Early so like one of them was a daycare that opens at, two and he came there at like eleven.
Speaker 3: Am that's what it sounds.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah and there were others where they were just like this man and a whole crew are pounding on our door and demanding to see our. Kids no, Thanks we're not opening the door for, you you, know.
Speaker 3: And the better circumstances you wouldn't let him.
Speaker 1: IN i, mean, Listen, like this guy is a. Propagandist he had previously gone To israel and did a whole propaganda piece for them about how moral they are and all the lies that the palace and blah blah, blah like this is who he. Is this is not, journalism is completely shoddy intentional propaganda.
Speaker 3: That you should see His seacott. Videos that's oh. Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah we also we got to hear we got to hear his. Voice that's important. Too let's just take a second of him OF cnn confronting, Him crystal before you finish your.
Speaker 1: Point, okay, yeah great.
Speaker 10: Doors and talk to people at various daycares he claims or. Frauds did you come during our normal operating hours when you came to?
Speaker 7: VISIT i came at eleven, AM i, believe AND i also came the following day later in the. Day the point of it is not whether or NOT i came at the right at the right time.
Speaker 5: Of their operation.
Speaker 7: Hours the point is that blocked out, doors they can't give you any. Information you call that, number no one. ANSWERS i wasn't trying to go, inside and they there should be a way for somebody to actually to call that number and somebody be an.
Speaker 5: Answer these aren't real, Businesses but surely.
Speaker 10: You don't think a daycare should just be. Unlocked you shouldn't be able to just walk into your. Reception, no every daycare is.
Speaker 7: Locked and so, okay you bring upoint the information how to enroll a child.
Speaker 5: Because you don't have a.
Speaker 4: Child and then there's one more moment, here really, Good, yeah let's try this moment.
Speaker 10: Here do you think that BETTER La enforcement hasn't done? ENOUGH i mean they would, say, look these front cases have been going, on but they've already done like eighty. Indictments the cases have been going, on you know for.
Speaker 7: Years why DID i show up one Day minnesota and go to all these daycares no? Children they're receiving millions of dollars being covering one million dollars in fraud in one.
Speaker 10: Day how do you know that all the allegations that you're making are?
Speaker 7: True how DO i know that they're? True, well we showed you guys That we showed you guys what was, happening and then you guys can go ahead and make your own.
Speaker 10: Milk we're coming so we can make our own. Analysis are you one hundred percent sure you're?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 5: YEAH i am a hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Sure the, sweatshirt, incredibly the sweatshirt does the Infamous Quality Leering, center which is the name of one of the day cares with misspelled.
Speaker 3: Learning so what happens.
Speaker 1: Here what happens here is he films this bullshit propaganda, video which, like, okay the most you should do from this is then if you're genuinely concerned about, fraud which they're. Not trump is like spending every day pardoning a bunch of, fraudsters like that's his whole administration is like a grift and like stealing everything that's not nailed down and pardoning white collar criminals left and. Right so they don't actually give a shit but Present George Santos george, okay so also but in any, case so they you, know if you actually care about, this, okay, well let's see if he's you, know really onto something. Here let me call these day care, centers let me do some, investigation let me press the state of government Of. Minnesota does that? Happen, No Jade vance retweets. IT i don't, know Don junior, bunch other like government officials just pick it up and run with, it do and because they don't care whether it is true or. Not in, Fact i'm sure these are Not Jade vance is not a stupid. Person i'm sure he is probably suspects that a lot of this is not actually, true but it serves their. Propaganda so not only do they take it and run with it with zero, checking but they use it for official government. Policy so now not only are all of the childcare pain ins the state Of minnesota paused based on this absolute, garbage propaganda, bullshit but they are now saying they're going to pause all childcare subsidies to every state in the entire. Country like this IS i, mean this has genuine, consequences and this administration we're supposed to be like pro family blah blah, blah and also in favor of people being able to like go and work. Hard how are you going to go out and hold a job if your daycare center is now shut. DOWN a lot of these places are run very you, know it's they don't have a lot of extra. Bandwidth so if you have your subsidies cut for a month or even a handful of, weeks that center may be. Closed your childcare costs have just. Skyrocketed so THAT'S i, mean it's just disgusting to. Me but LIKE i, said it serves their. Propaganda in terms of you, know they want to they want to make it about we hate, immigrants we hate Black muslim immigrants in. Particular it also is, like, oh undercutting the social safety net and undercutting the. Gesto it's all just. Fraud you, know they're not really doing anything. Beneficial and it also is not lost on me and this point that others have made as, well that it comes at a time When israel has taken a major beating with the right and with the public in general in terms of their perception their view is the best way to combat that is by Stoking. Islamophobia and now here you go with the guy who did you, know propaganda For israel coming in to do this Anti somali like fundamentally like Anti islamophobic propaganda as. Well SO i think those, things you, know are worth noting that those are happening in.
Speaker 2: Parallel there are, THOUGH i Think ryan AND i read from this was A Minnesota reformer article THAT i just referenced By SOMALI i think worked at the in THE ag office In, minnesota talking about how there were real cultural components of, this and actually this article was also saying some of the biggest victims of this Were somali people who you, know were being.
Speaker 3: Caught up in this massive effort and that.
Speaker 2: LISTEN i think our federal subsidy system is so like rife with fraud that there are plenty of white people who are out there like defrauding taxpayers and the, government but there were even like there are somalies to say there's a cultural component to. This SO i don't think it's entirely just a question of like Stoking.
Speaker 3: ISLAMOPHOBIA i think there were.
Speaker 2: Maybe we all agree on, this that there were concerns In minnesota about, that.
Speaker 1: Which is why The biden administration prosecuted some like seventy eight people or, whatever you. KNOW i, mean that's and that's the thing is like it makes me sick to See Elon musk jumping in on this like a, brother you, did, doge how many people did you refer for criminal prosecution of? Fraud?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 1: Zero? Okay so, yeah, SURE i. Agree by the.
Speaker 2: Way the biggest subsidy queens are The Elon musks of yes the, World.
Speaker 1: Yes completely, Yes and so you, know like if you're serious about, it AND i think that people on THE i agree With, RYAN i agree With rocana that people on the left should be concerned about fraud and these programs because it does delegitimize them when it comes forward and from someone who believes in a social safety net and universalist, programs LIKE i think a lot of What minnesota did was really great and really. Important so you have to be serious about. Fraud this is not the way to do. It demonizing an entire group of people going off of some bullshit propaganda video honestly, undercuts you, know anyone who's serious about, this like undercuts their position in seriously investigating this. Stuff, instead you do like What rocana is doing In, california where he, said, look there was a report that said there is a significant amount of fraud. Here we need to have a. Commission we need to root this. Out we need to figure out where these dollars are going so that taxpayers feel like their money is being well, spent like there are real and serious ways to go about. It the idea that these people have any interest in this when at the very same time he's pardoning some you, know white collar criminal who stole over like a billion dollars and then denying people restitution that they're owed who were victimized by these crooks who like took them for all they were worth In ponzi, schemes et. Cetera, like let's be, serious they don't. Care they just care because it's. Useful there a political, project.
Speaker 4: And trump literally pumps and dumps the entire economy with his like crypto coins and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That like the biggest fraudsturer in the.
Speaker 4: World i'm, confused are do we like it or? Not, like is it based or not to do. This i'm confused BECAUSE i think they're just following the great tradition of our.
Speaker 5: President, well, NO.
Speaker 3: I mean it's A i think maybe the BIGGEST i don't.
Speaker 2: Know one of the bigger takeaways from this is the like it's a media story in that The New York times waiting into The somali fraud case is what then elevated it into the national. Discourse In, minnesota this has been a huge story for, years like, years, years years like twenty, seventeen twenty, eighteen even before, that and.
Speaker 3: When The New York times covered.
Speaker 2: It my, perspective as somebody on the, right is this should have been a national story or more more significant national story for a long, time just given the scale of The illaedge fraud it's so serious and significant and the treasures are insane that it was downplayed and when The New York times comes in elevates the. Story you still have a lot of people on the right who are frustrated with a lack OF i think understandably frustrated with a lack of media coverage prior to The New York times coming, In and that happens so. Often The New York times comes in elevates a. Story, Springfield ohio is a really good, example and then people on the right will go berserk in response to, that and it completely shifts the conversation to something. Different and that's what With Nick. Shirley this kid's a YouTuber who went around with a dji mic and an iPhone with a couple of security dudes and was just like knocking on. Doors didn't have presumably didn't have like an editor or a fact checker or anything like. That you put out a forty minute YouTube video that was like fairly entertaining and went like caught like. Wildfire and that's now the tone setting in, Politics like that's how the conversation is getting set going, forward and there's just nothing that we can.
Speaker 3: Like that's how it is the way it.
Speaker 1: Goes, yeah that's the last Thing i'll say. That it's been irritating me as well AS i see all these posts that are like where's the mainstream media? Coverage i'm, like this literally all started because of A New York times, Piece like y'all weren't doing anything on this until The New york like the establishment outlet wrote this. Piece and Then i've also seen all these, oh look at all these outlets that haven't covered, it and then you go and look and they, have and you, know a bunch like like there's a bunch of videos now local, news Even Barry WEISS'S, cbs THE, CNN ps and like a bunch of these outlets have gone out now to be, Like, okay well what's really going on? Here but because those outlets aren't feeding the narrative that they, want then they discount that like that doesn't count because you're not just you, know feeding into this this smear campaign that we we want to see.
Speaker 5: Here, WELL i think he's The Andrew callahan the.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i think it's incredible that they the right now has an ugly guy doing man on the street stuff Uncovering So i'm excited for the next investigation in the next national news story From Nick. Shirley, uh anything else that we need to cover in this in this? Hour uh, Here, crystal what Anything you're dying to get.
Speaker 5: Out The ACTUALLY i.
Speaker 1: AM i am dying to get a little bit into this billionaire, mountdown just Because i've been somewhat involved with. It so if we so, Drop, Yeah i'm a. Millionnaire, yeah millionaire.
Speaker 4: Town So david sax here, says as a response to, Socialism miami will REPLACE nyc as the finance capital And austin will REPLACE sf as the tech.
Speaker 1: Capital it's funny Because miami just elected A democrat as mayor, too so that's. Lol And austin is always. Democratic but. Whatever, anyway this is all in response To, okay there is a possibility that there may be a ballot proposal on the ballace In california about a five percent well taxed to be paid over five. Years and it's a coalition of unions who are pushing, this and So, rocanna who knows a lot of these, guys you, Know david sax has actually hosted fundraisers For. Rocana came out and was, like this is good AND i support. It que and absolute meltdown from these. Dudes AND i think it's because it's and because he Represents Silicon, valley and because LIKE i, said they know. Him it feels like more of a. Trail LIKE i think IF aoc said something, SIMILAR i don't think they would really. Care but because It's, row they're like losing their minds over. It and then and what you have up, HERE i think is you now have a bunch of these tach billionaires who Very acman style are coming out online to announce that they're going to put all this money together to try to Unseat. Row and they say primary. Him I'm california has jungle. Primaries they don't really have primes whatever they want to challenge, him, right this is going to be. Unsuccessful but they're throwing a complete temper tantrum about. It and so you, know there's threats that they're going to leave the state and they're going to go To, austin or they're going to go To miami and the whole deal.
Speaker 4: For This Howard, casado he, Says roe has done a speed, run alienating every MODERATE i know who supported, him including. Myself beyond being totally out of touch with that faction of his. Base he's devolved into an obnoxious. Jerk at least that makes voting him the fuck out all the more. Gratifying oh, guy time to primary.
Speaker 5: Him count me. In happy to be involved at any.
Speaker 1: Level, yeah there was one of THESE i can't remember who it was from that was, like he's just acting like a full On Bernie brode, now And i'm, like my, brother my brother In. Christ he was literally co chair Of Bernie sanders'. Campaign, like what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: There and they're happy to your point About David sachs hosting fundraisers For row and then talking About miami And austin relatively blue. Places austin in, particular they didn't care about that when they Thought democrats were on their.
Speaker 3: SIDE i mean this the case was so many of.
Speaker 2: Them they believed that they could kind of co opt democrats and then realized that Basically trump was much much easier to co. Opt was It traumoth who basically said that to? It was Like pete booda judge or somebody who was on all. In he was, LIKE i would try to call The biden administration and get them to work with, me and they weren't taking my. Calls and it's just like it's not about even like left or right this because this is like such a we're tying a bow on the whole episode. Here it's about who gives them, power, uh and how they can be like strong players in the economy and they believe in their core that they know what is, best and what's best is them having a ton of control in the.
Speaker 1: Marketplace, yeah they are deeply authoritarian. PEOPLE i, mean they genuinely, are and that's What so they hated The biden administration for regulating. Crypto they hated The biden administrations AND i just, PUSH i mean The biden, ministry like there was very little in terms OF ai regulation that was actually, done but the little bit that was, done they absolutely had to take it. Seriously, yes and then you also have these sort of series of personal. GRIEVANCES i recommend you guys watch the INTERVIEW i did With Jacob silverman about his Book Gilded, rage because he did all the fantastic reporting about these. Guys you also have these personal things where, like you, know they were pissed off that their employees were, woke or In elon's, case the fact that his son transitions to being you, know a girl that really bothered him on a personal. Level so you have and then you HAVE i think It's andreasen who's upset because his daughter goes to college and becomes a. Communist so you have this sort of like upset over being regulated combined with these sort of like personal limitations on their power and domain over either their family members or their. Employees that leads to this absolute embrace Of. Trump and so in any, case to take it back To california and row. Here you, know if you look at the polling on, this it's like seventy percent of the country that things billionaire should be taxed. More, Right it is an overwhelming, consensus not just Among, democrats the entire country that billionaires are not tax tax enough and should be taxed, more especially AS ai is coming and the circles back to you know WHAT i was talking about early on and thinking about what is this going to mean for our society and what could a social contract look like that would actually. Work the track we're on right now is to have a handful of trillionaires and everybody else, basically like you, Know lamps's the slaughter irrelevant. Unneeded that's where we're, headed and democracy can't. Survive that's a. Dum there's just no doubt about that. Whatsoever so in any, case, this in the grand scheme of all of that is a very modest, proposal, right they. Don't but the fact that it's even potentially on the table, again this hasn't even made it on the belly, yet but even potentially on the, table and that their representative In Silicon valley would champion it has led to total. Meltdown and so you, know for, me it reminds me a little bit of why there was such a freak out About zoron In New. York not only is he confronting cap but also on the you know that he's an avowed Anti, zionist and there's this sense, like, oh you could never held that position In New York, city of all, places and so For roe to hold this position In Silicon valley of all, places has a, similar similar character and similar, Flavor and is WHY i think it's an important political political battle that is brewing.
Speaker 2: HERE i, mean when the twenty seventeen tax cut was, passed this is how seriously The Republican party is about actual like closing loopholes and you, know actually having a fair. Taxation so some Paw ryan was out there talking about the. Proposal it's long circulated on the right to get your taxes onto a postcard and essentially a version of the flat, tax some type of version of the flat, tax and it all obviously was not.
Speaker 3: Happening it's all out the.
Speaker 2: Window they have this generational opportunity to close loopholes and create a more fair taxation. System they then just RepA asked a version of that same bill and are expending no political capital to closing. Loopholes there's a. WAY i, Mean i'm a flat tax person and we've talked about this. Before but if, YOU i, think if, you if these like libertarian business, superman we're serious about populism and which they're obviously, not but we're serious about opposing, elites then you can do taxation in a way that closes loopholes and is still to them free market.
Speaker 3: Friendly but nobody has any.
Speaker 2: Appetite they might say in the, abstract oh that sounds, good but when push comes to shove and stuff's actually on the, table nobody, ever, ever, ever ever.
Speaker 3: Wants to do.
Speaker 2: It so you could even see momentum from the right to do something like a flat tax if you have all of this generational political. Capital but we, didn't AND i think that tells you what type of system people really.
Speaker 1: Prefer, YEAH i, MEAN i hate a flat, tax but we can find about that another, day regressive, Whatever but your, POINT i, mean your point stands. It here's one THING i replied to one of these GUYS i don't even remember which one, with BUT i was, like, listen in a, Sense rokana is like kind of trying to save your ass, Here like he calls a wealth tax an anti revolution, tax and he's absolutely. Right like do you think people are just gonna stand by forever and watch you destroy their, jobs destroy their communities with YOUR ai data, centers steal their, water hike their electric, bills and they're just gonna take it? Forever Like, NO i, mean this is this was The New. Deal the deal in The New deal was that capital, Realized, okay we're gonna have to do something here or else we're gonna end up with, communists like they're gonna end up taking our. Shit it's not gonna be better for us if we don't do some sort of you, know smoothing the rough edges of. Capitalism and it's crazy to me that none of these guys see. THIS i, mean it really is genuinely insane to me that they don't recognize that if they don't cut the public in on the, deal and they, don't they already have more money they could ever spend in a. Lifetime, like if you don't strike some sort of a balance, here it's going to be way worse for you in the long. Term the. Public And i'm not just talking About, democrats like they hate, you they hate, you they think you are. Villains listen to you, know listen to not only democraph listen To Steve, bannon listen To Nick, Flints like there is a make Very Tim. Dillon, look there is a very broad coalition of people, who by the, way rightly see you as genuine villains and despise. You so in the grand scheme of things like a one percent for five years wealth tax or five percent in five years wealth tax is such small. Potatoes and so for, me that's the other part of this that's, important is like it just shows you there is zero recon with, That like even something that is a relatively in the grand scheme of, things modest. Proposal there's no, like OH i don't think this is the right way to do, It let's do this. Instead it's just absolutely. No we will give you. Nothing we will take our toys and, leave we will. Go some of them are like we'll go to a different, country zero. LOYALTY i don't any Of, YEAH i don't, know because look what's. Happening, yeah After zoran got, elected there were more luxury real estate, sales right because there's reasons people want to be In New, york there's reasons people want to be In Silicon. Valley those things are going to. Persist so while SOME i MEAN i DON'T i got.
Speaker 5: The effect here from the independent, sales.
Speaker 1: Maybe there will be a handful of like high profile people who very dramatically like take their toys and go the Way elon left For texas or. WHATEVER i don't put, that, YEAH i don't put that out of the. Question but, overall Is miami you're going to give him the finance like get out of? Town Is austin going to out Do Silicon valley in terms of tech investment and? NOT i mean it's nowhere close to. That it's. Preposterous it's a. Fantasy so, ANYWAY i think this is the this is the fight that The Democratic party needs to take, on and if if they want to win back the trust of the, people if they want to be able to deliver like meaningful change in the country and you, know a genuine populism that's actually going to be beneficial and help to bring the country back. Together these are the types of fight fights that they're they're going to have to take. On and you, Know Gavin, newsom by the, way is on the other side of. This just to go back To Gavin newsom takes money from these, guys is raising money to oppose this ballot, Proposition like you, know is is definitely on the wrong side of which way you would want The Democratic party to. Go but he, Mogs but but he does. Mog so what are you gonna?
Speaker 4: Do you, know me and me And David, Sachs we're going to be in A miami penthouse doing low grade amounts of meth.
Speaker 1: Uh finance with a, hammer.
Speaker 4: Yeah and, wow WHILE Jd vance gets a catastrophic amount of ozembic shipped to his house like he's it's just gonna be insane FOR. Jd the next couple of, years there's gonna be another. Transformation uh, well, FOLKS i think you're doing it Our friday. Episode oh, yeah it's gonna. Be we're gonna see, something but crazy before after he's.
Speaker 3: Already had the.
Speaker 2: Transformation the, Eyeshadow, oh the beard. Shadow he grew a. Beard he lost probably like thirty.
Speaker 3: POUNDS i don't know how.
Speaker 1: Changed his name like five different. Times. YEAH i think WITH, jd it's gonna be it's gonna be tough for him because they bank so much on the, vibes you, know and like he does, it the vibes are not WITH. Jd but we'll.
Speaker 5: See, yeah all.
Speaker 4: Right, well, folks the vibes are good here On january, second twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Six we're excited for a big.
Speaker 4: Year anything else that we need to mention before we sign off and see you back in studio On.
Speaker 1: Monday, yeah regular schedule next. Week Whether i'm prepared for that or, Not that early wake up calls can be gonna be. Rough so you, know the real, Problems these are the real problems That i'm facing in my.
Speaker 3: Life you know who's ready for?
Speaker 2: IT i Bet sager is he is just, waiting is alarmed to go off in the.
Speaker 3: Dark you know he's so.
Speaker 1: Excited, well you know, what now that he's a, father you start to like work becomes easy once you have, kids because he's, like parenting is so much. Harder so he probably is looking forward to, like CAN i get away from this baby for a little bit of? Time just like let me go and be an adult for a little bit of.
Speaker 3: TIME i love.
Speaker 4: It And uh to the, audience we're so grateful for. You we're hoping you're having a great start to the new.
Speaker 5: Year and in the comments of this, video let us know what you want us to cover this.
Speaker 4: Year anything that you think that we haven't covered, enough things that you'd like us to look, into things on the. Horizon we're interested to hear what you think as, well and that'll do it for.
Speaker 5: Us we'll see you all On.
Speaker 4: Monday.
Speaker 5: Bye. Body