Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, October thirty first, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. We're considering going as Walker Buehler for Halloween. It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. Already see I get one thumbs down from Florido. I think Lakwan Luquan isn't even interested enough to even give me a thumbs down on this.
Speaker 2: Who is that? Who don't see you, guys, you just say it.
Speaker 1: This is This is gonna be my only mention of the World Series other than the Dodgers closed it out in five games against the Yankees. Walker Buehler comes out of the bullpen. If that is the last vision Dodger fans get of him in Dodger uniform, you just play fantastic. But yeah, fun night, fun night for a lot of us in Los Angeles. But we turn the page because now it is a fully, fully fantasy football playoff FaceTime. As we hit the back half of the season, we are starting Week nine. We got some of our superlatives for the week. Kind of a slow news period, like all the news seem to happen early in the week. You know, we had quarterback changes, we had you know, injuries, we had all sorts of things. The last couple of days, thankfully, have been very quiet. Hopefully it stays fairly quiet through the end of the week. We have Thursday Night football coming up tonight between the Texans and the Jets in New York, so should be a whole lot of fun as we get Halloween started here in week nine, So fellas, let's get it going with Club dumb. Google the top non quarterback score and la kwan, this is club dub. This is not hot takes. What are you doing with this one? Right here?
Speaker 3: Bub, Let's go commanders DS Listen, their defense had been very productive in the last couple of weeks. Man, their sack production, they're getting takeaways. And do we not know who they're facing this week? It's the Giants. Daniel Jones or Daniel Jones. I can't say it as good as you, Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: There you go, so we know he is terrible.
Speaker 2: White home.
Speaker 3: Still zero touchdowns at home, I mean, two interceptions. I'm not expecting much, you know, productivity from the Giants offense. So you got to go with the Commanders getting after Dan Jones, where there's sacks production, you start off with ten points, you could build off those ten points. They're going to be the best DST option this week in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I'll say this for the Commanders that they have been a lot better since the start of the season. Like they were an easy target early in the year. We were picking on them pretty much in every position. But I think just three touchdown passes allowed since Week three. Dan Quinn's got those guys turned up and playing really really well, so they are not the easy out that they once were. And as you mentioned Daniel Jones, I mean there's a long list of players who have scored touchdowns more recently at MetLife Stadium as long as the visiting players who have more touchdowns recently at MetLife Stadium that Dando has more touchdown met Life. Yeah, yeah, all right, We're we're doing We're doing the finger, We're doing that the hand movement thing. Now with how many de Vito again? All right now, Florio, Now I'm wondering, I'm looking at your club, dub Pick, and I'm wondering, in some freaky Friday like occurrence that you and Lakwan switch bodies, but I don't. I do not hate the prediction at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I love Lakwan for being bold.
Speaker 4: If the Commander's defense lead all fantasy scorers this week, we gotta do something for the Quan because that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: I went with a more traditional pick and one of the Quan's.
Speaker 4: Boys and Kien Williams, who I think is being underrated.
Speaker 2: This year because of Derek Henry.
Speaker 4: Everyone every week talks about Derek Henry getting in the end zone. You know who else has scored every single game, Kien Williams. You know who else has double digit touchdowns? Kien Williams. But it feels like it's kind of going under the radar a little bit. But the matchup literally can get better. The Seahawks have allowed the most rushing yards to running backs. They allow five point three yards per carry and two hundred and sixty six rushing yards over expectation. A lot of big plays that could be had in the passing game as well, and something that we've talked a lot about this week is the Rams offense is, in my opinion, elite when those wide receivers are healthy, which should only help create running links for Kien Williams.
Speaker 2: I expect him to eat.
Speaker 4: Maybe not as much as the Commander's defense, but let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's hard. Like you know, I've I've apologized to Kien Williams on this show. I've gone on another podcast and apologize for just doubting Kyron Williams. He's been amazing all year long. And I know we asked the question earlier the week, would you rather have which kW do you want? Kien Williams or Kenneth Walker. I do think it's an easy call on Kien Williams this week, although I do like I do like k K three that we're calling k DEB three three.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I do think he has a pretty decent game against them. All Right, we'll work shopping.
Speaker 2: That's fine, it's dope, it's creative.
Speaker 1: We can need workshop. We keep workshopping. It's fine. So Floyd, you said, you know you couldn't have a better matchup than the Seahawks. I disagree because you could be playing the Carolina Panthers, which is what Alvin Kamara gets to do this week. So that is my pick for this. I mean, look, on top of it, Kamara has been very good, even despite playing with apparently a broken hand, which is things that we didn't find out until well into the season, but still playing pretty well, especially on an offense that has been struggling to find itself since the first couple weeks of the season. The good news is Derek Carr expected to be back this week, so they get their quarterback back. Sadly, Rashid scha Heat is done for the season, but they still have Chris o'lave. You imagine they're going to put up some sort of shenanigans or high jinks with Taysom Hill, But in the end, Alvin Kamara is going to get the football a lot against a bad Carolina defense that has already given up over one thousand yards on the ground. They've given up thirteen rush touchdowns to the running back positions. That is the most in the league as well. So I like Kamara on top of it. When Derek Carr is there, he has a lot of those short targets that he might not be getting when somebody else is at the quarterback position. So I love, love, love Alvin Kamara this week, all right. So that goes from our top scores to the guys that might leave you a little bit frustrated. Lakwan, who is your red flag for the week.
Speaker 3: Has to go Jerk golf Man. This matchup is a little worrisome of having him in starting lineups. I mean last week, Jared Goof, Jared Goof, he did put up eighty five passing yards last week. Even though they ran up to score fifty plus points last week, he wasn't very productive for fantasy for the most part. And I think this matchup against the Packers, oh my god, this Packers defense has been lights out. They've been playing unconscious. Two takeaways for a game, the most takeaways for a game, and they're getting sack production. I think they're going to be over there harassing him in that pocket and going to be making him make some Jered Goof decisions out there and taking the ball. So he's definitely a red flag for me this week.
Speaker 1: Hater I I I looked at last week's game and it was wild right that they scored fifty two points and golf threw it I think like fifteen times for eighty five yards or something like that. Like it just feels like the Lions like sort of play with their food a little bit. I joked that at some point they're just gonna make Jared Goff throw left handed because their offense is so deep right now. But this is a week that I think you will have to perform well in order for them to win against the Packers. And I know they're not going to have a Jordan love at least it doesn't look like it. But you know, the Packers have been tough on him, so I'm very curious to see what happens week.
Speaker 2: All of that n chance of rain in Green Bay on Sunday.
Speaker 1: You know, Jared goffin what and what football do not mix.
Speaker 3: His first start, his first star of his career was in the rain against the Dolphins with the Kurt Warning gloves and it was pouring rain and he played terrible.
Speaker 1: We had his pro day, everybody had his pro day at Call. It just happened to be on a rainy day because that was the knockout him in college. It happened to be a rainy day. He had his pro day and he actually had a good Pro day. Everyone's like, well, maybe he's okay in the rain, and now now he's an indoor cat, so we never really get to see it anyway, have you.
Speaker 2: Ever seen an indoor cat in the rain. They don't mix.
Speaker 1: It does not work well, not good at all. Absolutely, Wait is this his first outdoor though, This is his first outdoor game all season?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's done.
Speaker 1: The next one is like seventeen.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the way he goes a while before he has another one again too. All right, Florio, you got a pair of guys that you are worried about this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Bucks running backs, Bucky Irving and Rashad White. And I shouted you out, laqual because you're the one who kind of brought this to my attention last week.
Speaker 2: With your post.
Speaker 4: But the Chiefs have played a ton of great running backs this year. Derek Henry, Alvin Kamaro, Bjean Robinson, Jordan Mason, the list goes on.
Speaker 2: None of them.
Speaker 4: We got to fifty rushing yards against them. And again shout out to LaQuan for pointing that out and then looking at the numbers as a whole from the season, the Chiefs. There's one team that has allowed within one hundred yards of the Chiefs that they've allowed on the ground this year. It's they are so good defensively. I would argue they are the best defense in the NFL. They are good against the pass, they are good against the run, they limit running backs in the passing game. And then on top of all of that, Bucky Irving and Rashad White are kind of eating off of each other's plate right now, Like the work gets split pretty close.
Speaker 2: To down the middle.
Speaker 4: The only way I think that these guys have a nice fantasy game is if they're playing in catchup mode and they catch a bunch of passes.
Speaker 1: But that is not a way to live.
Speaker 2: So if you have the capability.
Speaker 4: Of getting away from these two in this tough matchup, I think I would try to do so.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild about the Chiefs shutting down running games too, is that because it's not even a game script thing. Like sometimes you're like, oh, yeah, they just score so many points out other two teams can't run the ball. That's not the Chiefs. They're not scoring that many points like running off and hiding. They're just shutting down your run game, which is incredible. The way they've played so far this year. I'm worried about Tank bigsby a little bit this week against Philadelphia because the Eagles, while their pass defense has been a little bit suspect. There's very little doubt about their run defense, and I think this potentially also could be a game script issue for Jacksonville because they can't stop anybody. And Laurie, I know you love as a stack the Jalen hurts with either a J. Brown or DeVonta Smith, take your pick. You know, we talked about on Fantasy Live Saquon Barkley the opportunity he has. So I feel like Philly is going to put up a lot of points and so Jacksonville might have to abandon the run on some levels, but also the Eagles just stop the run generally as it is not to mention the fact that Tank Bigsby really gives you nothing as a pass catcher in his career. Bring you know, it's one plus season for him. I think it's notane targets four catches like forty yards. It's really really small what he's done in the passing game in his short career. So you can't expect him to get a bunch of targets if Jacksonville falls behind. So this is one where if you can have some other options, and look, if you got tak Bigsby, you probably do have other options. I would strongly consider them this week rather than playing him against the Philadelphia Eagles. It's time to drive your line up, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry of this the Snorlaks are Week nine sleepers. Who are we sleeping on this week?
Speaker 3: LQ Wandell Robinson and I'm really upset and offended that he's still in the waiver wire in a lot of leagues where you know, he's top three in receptions and targets. I mean, one thing has remained consistent that Danie Jones is bad, but Wandoll Rominson has been in production on the field, like it's one of those things you're just looking at it. You have to attack the easy layups here because the Commanders, honestly, they've been struggling against wide receivers lined up in the slot. I mean, they have allowed the third most touchdowns of wide receivers so far this season, and half of those touchdowns have come from wide receivers lineup in the slot. So there may be a possibility in the universe somewhere that Daniel Jones throws his first touchdown at home and it goes to Wando Robinson, So why not take those ally layups with two notable teams that have wide receivers on buy Wando Robinson's probably on your way wire, go put him in the lineup.
Speaker 1: Wandel Robinson a PPR cheat code because of the way they use him. No, I love those guys. Floyd, who is your sleeper for the week?
Speaker 2: Lakwan, I've been saying a lot of nice things about the Rams. You might not want to hear this. I'll give their defense credit.
Speaker 4: They've gotten a lot better against wide receivers the last few weeks, but the tradeoff has been they have really struggled against tight ends. Chucker Kraft exploded against them, Brock Bauers had a really big game against them. Josh Oliver found the end zone last week against them. On the year, they have allowed the third most fantasy points per game to tight ends, but in the last month it's twenty fantasy points per game to the position, which seems outrageous considering the tight end position. But Noah consistent usage as of late top sixty yards in two of his last three games. I think he is a better player than the stats kind of show out, and I'm hoping that this week in a good matchup with even if DK plays, maybe he's not a fully one hundred percent I think fan, like if you need to replace George Kittle in your lineup or something like that, Fant is a streaming option.
Speaker 1: I like this week. I do like no offense. You know, I'm waiting to see what happens because I'm wondering, like if it's one of those things where we like the idea of Noah fan more than the reality of Noah Fan. But I think this is an opportunity for him to really step up.
Speaker 3: You know, he's crazy. As Sean McVay as a former tight end coach. For the last three seasons, we have been terrible against the tight end. You would think he would know how to stop them if you were a former tight end coach, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: That's where his heart is. He wants to see the tight end succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely against U.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, thanks, Sean.
Speaker 1: You know, just like you just just say you're just happy for everybody. You just want to be a fan of everybody. I guess no, no my sleeper this week Tony Pollard, And I know he's like a borderline candidate to be a sleeper at this point. He's kind of been the one consistent thing in the Tennessee offense all season long. And whereas last year, maybe last couple of years, we were sort of, you know, trying to avoid the Patriots defense, this year maybe not so much because they have been giving up all sorts of yards, especially on the ground to running backs. I think Pold's gonna catch the football as well. Game script not an issue here because these are two of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL. Looks like Drake May probably won't be able to play this week, so it's going to be Jacoby Brissett. So I don't think that, you know, the Patriots are going to move the ball a whole lot. Honestly, this could be the first team to thirteen wins in this game coming up this week. Like that's kind of how I feel about it. But Tony Pollard should get plenty of touches. I think he moves the ball well and maybe he find the end zone. Any scores six of those thirteen points for the Titans coming up this week. So there it is. That was Drive Your Lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at toyota dot com slash camri. Let's get out of here. I know it is Halloween. Look on favorite Halloween candy.
Speaker 3: Ooh, airheads. You can't you can't go wrong with airheads. Just give me a handful. I'll eat those on the couch. I told my daughter when she went to school today, get daddy a bunch of blue airheads.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do shake it. I do shake it real small.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Speaker 2: Airheads is a really I did not expect.
Speaker 1: Airheads to be Yeah, that kind of killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, minus is kind of basic.
Speaker 4: I guess. I love sour Patch kids. Anything sour I am a sucker for. But anything but Reese's, I'll tell you, is good by me. I will take my sugar. However, I could get it as as long as it doesn't have peanuts or peanut butter in it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look souwer. Pat's kids are a strong entry. But I'm going to disappoint you and tell you that Reese's peanut butter cups are the greatest thing going. It is too great, too great taste that go great together. I mean, it's peanut butter. It's chocolate. You got your chocolate in my peanut butter. You got your peanut butter on my chocolate. Like, what what else do you need from a snack? It is salty, it is sweet if you get the ones with nuts. It is crunchy. It is it is the triple thread. It is the Christian McCaffrey of Halloween candies. It does everything for you.
Speaker 3: Those are usually at the bottom of the bag once I eat, and all the other good candies.
Speaker 2: So that's the first thing that's gone. I don't like them.
Speaker 1: I don't strawberries until two months ago, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You had chocolate covered strawberry yet I did. Somebody.
Speaker 3: Uh, oh my god, I hate that. I forgot their name, but they shipped me chocolate covered strawberries.
Speaker 1: Which were amazing I remember.
Speaker 4: And all right, I never thought two would be against Reese's out of three.
Speaker 2: I'm always on an ild. Just hey, here we are.
Speaker 1: Look if I'm with two new co hosts next week, everybody understand the reason in the meeting. You look forward to eating. Everybody look forward to, you know, stalking about Halloween candy. I'm sure there'll be plenty floating around the office in the next few days. People are trying to get rid of it and just bringing it in. Stuff that'll be funny anyway. That'll do it for This is issue of the NFL Fantasy Football podcast, The Happy, Safe and Healthy, Do good and Live well. Have a very safe and happy Halloween everybody, and we will talk to you again tomorrow. Wo