Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: First, I want to talk about Apple, Yes, my baby. Apple announces. Last week they announced the largest style buy back ever one hundred and ten billion dollars, and that's despite iPhone sales dropping ten percent, stock going up around six percent. Booster kind of settled after that, but it's yeah, it's it's you know, kind of moving in the right direction. If you look at this one month chart right back covering around one hundred and eighty fifty two weeks high was one hundred and ninety nine. So is this does this signal that Apple is back? On track.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, well did we just put a mask on this thing?
Speaker 1: I think that it was a good move. This is the theme of this week. Good move, but not good enough. I like to buy back what I would have loved to have seen new phone or planned for a new phone. To buy back the shares great. Great for investors to signal that, hey, I still believe in my own company, believe in my stock right. The core issue though, of the phone sales not being strong, it's not fixed, so you're putting like duct tape over an ocean leak. I like it. The stock one up as a result, I'm still bullish on it long term, but until that core issue it's fixed, I'm not hyper bullish on it. How I want to be same like with the Drake thing. I want to be like, Yo, Drake did it. Family Matters was good. That was the buy back. It was cool, it was not great. I think the biggest lesson that we're learning from this and Starbucks. We talk about Disney later. You have to have products and services that are so amazing that your customer base cannot afford to not have them. Same would invest Fest. They haven't told me who the headline is going to be I can probably guess. But where else are you going to see these people in our community talk about how they're actually building their businesses. They've had billionaires every year. I'm assuming somebody off the billionaire. This is going to be there this year. Right, So I think Apple got comfortable. I know they're doing things with AI. I know Siri will be updated. This is what the ten year anniversary of that being acquired. Great acquisition. But until they fix this and make this better, I think it's a band aid over a cut that really needs surgery. But what do you guys think?
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting. I'm with you on on on your take. I think the move may have been a little bit predictable. I would imagine if they didn't do the buy back, and if they didn't increase the giving in, what would the stock have done?
Speaker 1: Oh Nelly going down down baby, right?
Speaker 2: And So if I know that's gonna if I I already have the numbers, I know that the iPhone sales are down. I know services well okay, MacBook was okay, iPad was Yeah. If I know that's coming, how do I get ahead of it? How do I get ahead of it? I have to do something that's going to have my shareholders feel confident in the company going forward. We haven't really talked about AI yet. Everybody's waiting for June seventh. We're not ready to talk about or give you any Well, he did say on the phone call that they're making leadways in that in that area of artificial intelligence. But the anticipation of a down quarter again declining sales in the iPhone, I think it was particularly Yeah, they had to do something.
Speaker 1: They had.
Speaker 2: They bought back shares, which obviously increases the uh, the value of the remaining shares They're going to go up. So yeah, it did go up over one eighty. I'm interested to see what comes in June. Man, I'm not I'm always going to be well, I'm not sure to say always. I'm definitely bullish on Apple. I'm just interested in what is going to happen. I think there's a I feel like when we watched in video report after they had that blowout quarter and it felt like, oh my gosh, can they do it again? Can they do it again? That build up of let's see if they can do it. I feel like that type of atmosphere, that type of temperature around this this June seventh announcement is brewing. What is it going to be, how innovative is it going to be, and where is it going to in the future for the company. So I'm watching it closely. I'm watching it closely. I'm looking forward to I'm looking for TV's, I'm looking for something, even the hints. You know, sometimes they start releasing things early. You go to these mac these websites or these OPhone websites. Yeah, some like preview or details that got hacked and leaked. I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm anticipating this and I'm sure they are as well.
Speaker 1: Even a five percent jump for the stock, that's too aggressive of a move for a multi trillion dollar company. Even today, it's pulling back some as a result. It should pull back to maybe one seventy two as a result. I still love the stock long term. I'm just not super bullish about it. If it gets back to one sixty four, it's definitely a by a yad. But they have to make a strong announcement in June, like I haven't seen Mark Well, I'll talk about anything like the tech influencers do you have to create? And I think they're going through the same moment that Zuckerberg went through in twenty twenty two, where like your back ends against the wall, you have to reshift focus on what matters most. I think they're trying to scramble and figure things out now. I think they'll they'll get it together about next year. But the summer is gonna be interesting for them, to say the least, because even Apple fanboys are tired of the same phone. Like, you know, it's bad when your core audience is like, no, I'm gonna stay with the twelve, I'm gonna stay with the thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they were talking about the ad business. They were talking about the revenue from that. But when you think about it, we spoke about Google maybe a week ago, two weeks ago. Most of that money is coming from Google.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about a billion dollar transaction that they're gonna have or they're gonna split between four quarters. They're all, that's good, that's gonna be reliant in there. But if this anti trusting doesn't go through, then what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're bringing Super Mario Brothers back to the app store, won't do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's going to do it. So, Yeah, I mean, I'm looking right here at the Baron's article. Is it literally says buy Apple ahead of its AI news at developers conference. Everybody's waiting. Everybody's waiting in the analysts to waiting too, So I guess we'll be waiting as well.
Speaker 1: And the AI improvement has to be integrated into Syria. If they just do moderate AI into and then should GPT five's coming out soon. You have some serious competitors right now as well.
Speaker 2: It is now an app. It's no longer just on the desk stode. Now you have the app yepthropic is there? So what product do you think they need to move the needle? They can't keep re rocking the same product over and over again. Yeah, oh, let me think on that one. Let me think on that one.
Speaker 1: And I'm lucky. I don't want to East to Egg. Nothing but the idea that they have for the stocks. They should have invested in that too and not put that to the side. They messed up on a car project. Put the stock app to the ybro. We gotta think these things through.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and f families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.