Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News. We're getting back to the AI hard disk drive story. I thing. It's great to have you back on the show. You know, like investors still believe in that story AI hard disk drive. Your stock is under some pressure. Just reflect on the moment that you tried to outline in this in this earnings print.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, thank you very much for having me back. If you look at the results that we delivered in Q fourth it's called twenty six, they were very strong. We had over forty percent revenue growth, grass margin was above fifty four percent, very strong cash flow generation as well. If anything, probably the expectations were very high in terms of the increased amount of exo bikes that we could supply into the market. But if you take a step back, really the fundamentals for ongoing revenue growth, margin expansion, cash flow generation, we mean very strong. On the demand side, demand from hyperscalarists, neo clouds, physical means very robust, and we continue to see over twenty five percent kig or demand from a demand perspective over the next five years. Simdenly on the supply side, we have a very robust roadmap that we have put in place that will be able to meet this demand. And so it's pretty much a function of just quarterly transitions that we're going through.
Speaker 1: I think what you're touching on there is you know, storage is distinct in many ways from what's happening in memory, in some ways highly analogous. Right. There is a pricing story there, there is a demand outpacing supply story, and your industry facing the balancing act of expanding output manufacturing capacity on a permanent basis or not.
Speaker 2: How are you managing all of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So first of all, thank you for highlighting that it's a clear distinction between memory, which is like nan and d RAM versus storage. Right, because memory and like computers being recycled all the time for different workloads, but the data that's being generated continues to be stored.
Speaker 2: It isn't getting deleted.
Speaker 3: So the amount of data storage requirements is just compounding over time, which puts a lot of more demand on our products on an ongoing basis. And how we're trying to solve for that is really true. Technology. We're not investing in increasing the number of drive units we're producing. We continue to invest in technology to increase the amount of hits and media that we produce, because that's the big driver of capacity in a drive. So we're currently shipping a thirty two terrabyte hard drive as on top of the line drive, but starting this quarter will be shipping a forty terra byke drive. So that's an ability to drive over thirty percent capacity to customers without adding any unit capacity.
Speaker 1: Could you go into how that works, you know, bring a forty terabyte drive to market, the engineering complexity of it, and how much do the customers have to sort of re architect their infrastructure to accommodate for that new generation of HDD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, hard drives.
Speaker 3: Actually, as an engineer, I always use hard drives as a movel of engineering. We use tutas or the periodic table in our product, so as we move from capacity point to capacity point, there's a lot of re engineering that goes on into the recipe of our media designs, the recipe of our hit design. So it's quite an engineering feed. Obviously, we have great teams that have years of experience doing that. At the same time, we work very closely with our customers to make sure we go through very robust qualification processes because customers are very sensitive to the quality and reliability of their data storage capability.
Speaker 1: The other sort of highly analogous factor that's in front of you is long term agreements with the memory market. We see long term agreements coming in as well. So you have these in place like nine thirty two, twenty thirty one, how do you know how to price an agreement today going that far into the future.
Speaker 3: It's a really good question. We do have ltas in place locked in till twenty nine. We have customer demand. Customers are coming us to put ltas in place to support demand from twenty nine, thirty and thirty one. They have really good visibility in terms of the storage requirements that they need because they're looking at their entire AI infrastructure stack, everything.
Speaker 2: From GPUs, the CPUs to.
Speaker 3: HBMS to storage, and they realize you have to take a much longer term time horizon in terms of how they plan.
Speaker 2: So we are working very closely with them.
Speaker 3: We're definitely locking in the sort of exerbyte supply that they need, but what we're working through with them is still the commercial construct or how we would price something further out into right.
Speaker 1: So let me look at it another way. Somebody comes to you and says, serving I'm a big customer and I want to lock you in till twenty thirty one. Why might you say no?
Speaker 3: Well, what we were saying at is, if you need six hundred exobites of storage in twenty thirty one, we will deliver that to you. How we actually price it, we're still in negotiations with them where we might have a base price for a percentage of that volume, and then a stop tiar pricing structure as we increase the capacity we deliver to them.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to trivialize this in any way, but you know, like it's the hard dis drive moment, you know, make hard dis drive great again. What's that been like for you to put the technology at the forefront of discussion at the moment?
Speaker 2: Well, it's really exciting.
Speaker 3: I mean people thought that hard drives were a thing of the past, but it's shown to be a fundamental piece of the AI infrastructure stack with eighty percent of all storage in the cloud, and AI is continuing to recite on hard drives both today and going forward. So it's a very exciting time for us. It's a great challenge and I always tell my teams. It's a great responsibility that we have to deliver to the industry to enable this once in a lifetime opportunity that AI is creating.