Speaker 1: Call It what It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camil Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, I Call It Crew.
Speaker 3: I was thinking this morning when I looked at the time of the year that we were in that when I was on Gray's Anatomy, this was around the time that I would be going back to work for that first episode of season fill in the blank.
Speaker 4: So was that happening. I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 5: It's funny you say this because I woke up this morning, scroll through my phone and there it was sitting.
Speaker 4: In my inbox.
Speaker 5: What the premiere episode script of Gray's Anatomy Season twenty one.
Speaker 4: And you know what's so funny? You know this, Jess.
Speaker 5: We never know what's going to happen. We are not giving a heads up. And so I was reading the script in bed this morning and I was shook ath a.
Speaker 4: People still saying shook Uth. I don't know that's a good they are staying shook ath. Have you heard of shookth Jess?
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's how I felt. I was shook Goth, I was. I was amazed, and yeah, we're going back next week.
Speaker 4: I actually have a tape wle read tomorrow what Yes, what if I just showed up with you? I think you should. By the way, Jessica is so loved that.
Speaker 5: You could show up and you and they were probably give you my seat. They're like, really, get up, get up, give her your seat for God's sake. No, we're yes, I'm back in scrubs very soon, which is why it feels like the end of the summer to me, even though it's not the end of the summer. But you are right, this is the time of year. This is and it kind of feels like the beginning of the school year, even though it's the middle of the summer, right, it's like the beginning of the season. Yes, yes, And in fact, you know this. We when we get to set, we actually greet everybody cast and crew and we say happy New Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we say happy Oh it's so great, so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then get yourself a week and you'll be like whatever everybody exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, God, who's breaking up? Who's dying? I'm putting in requests for time off. No, I know, I'm excited to go back.
Speaker 5: I love my kids, but I need a little breaky poos.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: I have to say this really quick because I'm using all this cool lingo that's not cool at all.
Speaker 4: Dear God.
Speaker 5: I did read this thing that cracked me up, and it basically said that there was a tweet and it was talking about how there are people of and by the way, they're our aged, people of our age are still using lingo from like way back in the day. It's not cool anymore. I want I'm gonna read do some lingo, and i want to know if you've said.
Speaker 4: It any of these words. I'm gonna be well if you have said it, and if you're still using it, because we.
Speaker 5: Are we're losers apparently, Okay, go go did you use did you?
Speaker 4: Did you used to say wowsers?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 4: Did you ever say wowser browser? Never?
Speaker 5: I've done it both. I'm guilty of both. I once in a while I whip out a wowser browser.
Speaker 3: And what instance of life, Like, give me an example of a of a good app.
Speaker 5: You know, if my kids show me something and they're like, oh, he just you know, Lucas just just spilled some water on the floor, and I'm like, not really like I don't care that. I'm like, oh, wowser browser, you could use it? For anything, Jess, try it out, give it a whirl.
Speaker 4: Methinks not. No, I didn't use that either. Cool beans. I feel like you said cool beans, don't lie.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who said it, and I definitely can sometimes be influenced, so I'm sure I have, but I I don't know that it was.
Speaker 4: I definitely didn't bring it to the part I was rolling off the tongue. It was. It was rolling off the towne. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Did you've seem like what like a substitute teacher would say, like on their first day of class?
Speaker 5: Well but well, Sally, Sally, I feel like we were the substitute teacher generation. Remember going out to a club and they make fun of us now that we look like we were going for job interviews. We were all in pencil skirts and and and button downs.
Speaker 4: Gloves. Were you going to I was definitely nowhere button downs and pencil skirts. Did you watch the Hills? No? Lord, I really didn't watch much reality.
Speaker 3: No. I wore like the shortest skirts I could possibly find, like barely cover the business.
Speaker 4: You do love a short skirt?
Speaker 5: You do? You never wore you never like went out to dinner, a swing dinner, even and wore a pencil skirt like like what I had so many from Express.
Speaker 4: I would hit up the Express like section pencil skirts.
Speaker 5: Yes, give me a double We sadly we are that generation. Okay, you just don't remember it, all right, So the cool beans?
Speaker 4: Moving on?
Speaker 3: What's what's the sauce? No, but the next thing you're gonna say is like a maze balls.
Speaker 4: It is amaze balls. It's last one. Okay. Well, she used to say that, I remember.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I wonder if she said again in my memory, but I'm pretty sure she does.
Speaker 5: We gotta give her a call if she says amazed balls. Did you ever were you guilty of an amaze balls?
Speaker 4: Again, it's not resonating. No, oh sorry, you're just perfect, jeez with your mini skirts and your cool lingo. I was out there.
Speaker 5: I was hit the streets and a pencil skirt saying cool beans, Jess at a bar in bar and I was feeling myself. Yeah you were move Yeah for sure, let's move on. How is your week?
Speaker 4: Oh? My week? So the dead days just fly in the summertime. My week's been great. My week's been very chill.
Speaker 3: And then a lot of summertime brings a lot of guests and sort of fun things happening in and out, and lots of beach time and lots of They all stay up late. They were all complaining the other night. They're like, it's so unfair. When we were eight years old, we had to go to bed at seven thirty pm, and Josie's up at ten pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the baby of the family.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, and I can't really find it again. It goes back to what we were saying. It's like, wow, yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: The goalposts have moved, yes, And also introduction to the first chapter of life. It's called It's not fair.
Speaker 3: And if I try to teach you that life is scare, I'd be falling asleep on the job. It's just not I don't want to prepare you for a myth. I want to prepare you for real life. And it's not fair.
Speaker 4: And Josie's going to bed at midnight, and Josie is gonna take her little pencil skirt, yeah, and her button down to the bar to the night and it is what it is, and she doesn't even have a curfew.
Speaker 5: It's also I hear you know. I say this like I've been invited to one. I'm like, it's a wedding season. The only reason I know this is because of Instagram. I haven't been invited to a single wedding. I have a pencil skirt wedding either.
Speaker 3: And I'm a great wedding guest in my own mind. I'm a fantastic wedding guest. I what makes the dance floor the last I'm telling you, the first on the dance floor, the last to leave. I'm super polite and I'm super excited for everybody. I'm optimistic.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a wedding. What are you gonna do? Arrive and be like I smell a divorce?
Speaker 2: Does anyone?
Speaker 4: I'm jacked? I do.
Speaker 3: Back here in the background, I do, I do.
Speaker 4: Doesn't feel right, doesn't feel right to me, doesn't feel right. I know too much.
Speaker 3: Well, listen episode of Graze Natomy right there. Yeah, no, yeah, I'm a good wedding guest. I'm a good wedding guest.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I am.
Speaker 3: I was a great wedding guest at your wedding. That's a hello, you've experienced me as a wedding guest.
Speaker 4: No, you're great, and by the way, you're ready to party at my wedding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: You know what, we have a picture of you.
Speaker 5: You actually stole the flowers from one of my bridesmaids who I went to high school with, and you took pictures with the bouquet, pretending that you were also a bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: I was a bridesmaid. There's a picture to prove it. I have a bouquet. It's true. You don't remember me being a bridesmaid. I remember. Are you stealing the bouquet? No? No, the picture of me with the bouquet is from when I was in.
Speaker 5: If you get a bouquet from a bridesmaid, you were instantly a bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was the best one. You're always the best one. You should have been. I don't even know what I was thinking. What was I thinking? Were you already?
Speaker 5: I don't know why you weren't a bridesmaid. Naturally, you don't have a pencil shirt ready to go.
Speaker 4: I loved your wedding. Oh I love you.
Speaker 5: You know what's so funny people don't know this. I had my wedding at a really pretty resort in Santa Barbara, and I loved it. However, it was not my pick and choice of where I wanted to have my wedding. We had a house that we had rented out ready to go for the weekend of the wedding that I had been for years looking at. But that was such a beautiful house in malibill and in March. Our original date was July. In March, the also burnt down, I shouldn't laugh, burnt down in the fires in Malibu, and I remember thinking this is not a good omen and we had to do a very quick change to Santa Barbara.
Speaker 4: But it did end up amazing. But my Midge original location burnt down good times, Yeah, that's that's not fun. I remember.
Speaker 3: We actually got brought up the other day because we kind of convene here every summer with my family and now I don't leave. I kind of park it here, set up the kids camps, and we just don't go anywhere, and takes a lot. As a matter of fact, I just don't I don't go unless I have to go anywhere.
Speaker 4: And we had to leave. Maybe what was your wedding date? August seventeenth. I had to think about it in the middle of August, we had to leave and everyone's like, where are you going? And I was like, I'm going to a wedding.
Speaker 3: And They're like, who could possibly get be getting married that you would actually leave here for.
Speaker 4: And I was like, before I could even say that, Camella Camilla is getting married. Yes, she's getting married. Did you have a wedding with like four thousand people?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Really, I would have thought that you were a four thousander. Nope, not a four thousander. No, I think it was. It was. I think it's between one twenty and one thirty. I mean it wasn't. So oh no, that's not Why wasn't it Oh interesting? No? No, no, no, yeah, Jessica just happening to know everybody.
Speaker 5: If I'm like hey, I always say Bob, but if I'm like Bob on the corner, because she's like, yeah, I know, Bob, I just as everyone. So I'm surprised it's not it was not a city of a wedding.
Speaker 4: I like that number. That's a good number. Yeah, its a good number, very intimate.
Speaker 5: And this is kind of leading us into our our call it subject today.
Speaker 3: Well, because before a wedding typically not all the time but before a wedding.
Speaker 4: Typically there are.
Speaker 3: Ways in which we have culturally uh celebrated the before the wedding, called a bachelor or bachelorette party.
Speaker 4: And in England it's called a hen do can do? What's the stag do party? The stag do is the boys.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do love a good bachelorette you know when I say that, But that I you know, I don't know if I'm I don't know if I'd be into it now, I might be a little too tired.
Speaker 3: What would definitely probably be past our bedtimes now one percent.
Speaker 5: If it was like a bachelorette binge watch and it was like come over, we'll drink wine and watch you know, Bravo, I'd be like, oh my god, best idea ever. That's not what is happening. I would that is not what's happening. They're out of control. Jessica Capshaw, I've only heard.
Speaker 3: I mean I went to a couple of you know, but yeah, for the very select few, the small circle of very close people.
Speaker 4: Did I go to a bachelt party?
Speaker 5: I will tell you what's happening right now, because it's all over social media. There's a trend which I think is kind of strange. I'm gonna be honest, where every day and sometimes multiple times through the day there's a theme. So what I'm seeing is is like, we're gonna go to the beach and we're all gonna wear you know, a wrap that has a palm treon, but the bride is gonna have sequence. And then there's like we're gonna do a tuloom themed night, We're gonna do a pink night, We're gonna do a Barbie dinner, and then after that it deserts.
Speaker 4: You know, everyone looks like Elmo whatever the's going on. The point is is it's it's it's out.
Speaker 5: Of control, and it feels like to me that it's for social media as opposed to bonding. It's for the aesthetic of it, which is kind of losing what the magic of a bachelorette party is all about.
Speaker 3: By the way, a great bachelorette party or a great bachelor party should have absolutely no evidences.
Speaker 4: There should be no pictures of that that party. Yeah, if it was done well, yeah, this is the performative for social media party.
Speaker 5: Yes, And it's like you get on the private jet with them and that no private jet people are doing the private jet Yeah they are, they're on the steps.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that. Oh it's a line. So this is not everybody.
Speaker 3: This is like a very very small group of people that have this kind of money to toss around.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the private jet party, yes, the other part.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I think it's becoming more and more common that it's like it's a b bunch of shenanigans for social media and it's all about the gram.
Speaker 3: That sounds wid okay, So I have a question if you were going to plan a bachelorette party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, uh huh, what would it be? What are we doing? What are we doing? Where are we going? What are we doing? Is that the Brava Bench party? I do love a Brava Bench party.
Speaker 5: I would not be so selfish as to plan that for somebody else. So I envision going to some sort of place that's a little RESORTI and very calm, and it's all about wellness. So it's like you take the mud bath and then you relax in the hot spring.
Speaker 4: And because I want to come out of it.
Speaker 5: At the last time I went to last time I went to a bachelorette party, I was so hung over by the end of it, and I was like, just I hated my life. I think that you should come out of the bachelorette party. Well now I feel this way glowing, feeling better, rejuvenated, rested.
Speaker 4: What about you a bachelor party?
Speaker 3: Okay, I well, because there's other considerations that come in. So I feel that what I remember doing are like it depends on how big your bridal party is, because it's typically for your bridal party, and then you're you're good, you're closest.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the other problem. I'm seeing bridal parties of like thirty people. Oh, people are like I don't even have that. I don't even know that many people. I genuinely don't have that many close friends. Oh okay, okay, doing like a fifteen you know, it's like it's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, anyways, your bridal party and your bestest friends. Then I would I would think that you also have to consider what stage of your life you're in, and I think there's like budget concerns, right, Like, not everybody's at the same place, and a party ideally makes everyone feel good and feels like a celebration, which I'm guessing if you can't afford something as probably going to make you feel so great.
Speaker 4: So these days, does the does the bride.
Speaker 3: Take care of a bachelor party or does that like, okay, get true for the bride?
Speaker 4: How do we do this? Traditionally?
Speaker 5: I am reading that the bride does not and it's taken on by the bridesmaids, which is a problem because there's more and more destination y type bachelorette party is going on again. In my opinion, it might not be everyone listening. In my opinion, it's for the esthetic and it's costing people a ton of money. And then there's that awkward conversation of how do you if you can't afford that? Who do you tell? Are you then not a bridesmaid if you can't go? We have some crazy statistic right now, I'm going to read you from the not dot com. The not study from twenty twenty three found that the average cost of a bachelorette party is thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's on top of buying your dress. And that's just the bachelorette party.
Speaker 5: That's not even you know, the dress part of it, which is a six hundred dollars increase since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: That's not even that long ago.
Speaker 5: And it's important to note that the majority of bachelorette goers spend less than one thousand on attending, but one in ten spent over.
Speaker 4: Three thousand dollars. WHOA what that's insane. It's not even your own wedding.
Speaker 5: Noah, oh man, just stop it, everybody. Could.
Speaker 4: I be honest, I'm gonna say something so mean.
Speaker 5: No one gives us that much that you're getting married, not a three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I think that also reminds me of when people are pregnant for the first time, which God bless all of us that have been pregnant, there's always the first time where you're convinced to the only person to ever have been pregnant. Yeah, and you're like, oh, and you're reading about all of it, and you're like, I'm on the forefront of knowing all things about pregnanty. Yeah, No, I know you care a lot more about your wedding than anyone else does. For sure, Like for sure, that's a foregone conclusion.
Speaker 4: It's just a fact.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let's go back to this for a second, because if I were having a bachelorette party. Now, I think that I'm with you on the I would want to feel better after it than before, where like I would want there to be like a progressive sense of just you know.
Speaker 4: Coziness or connection.
Speaker 3: Or excitement, or there'd have to be like an additive and like nutritive value to the celebration. So yeah, I think that I would want it to be a beautiful dinner party. Which, by the way, I'm not against the aesthetic. I mean, I really like a tablescape. You might not know this about me. I love like decorating for a party. I love little buzzing.
Speaker 4: I don't know that about you. No, I know you this joke, but I love that. So I would love that.
Speaker 3: And then I would say, like, you know, kick everybody out of the house for that night, right, so you could stay up late. And I mean I'm all for an impromptu dance party, a sleepover, all of that, or I think, yeah, you go away and go to something if you can afford a great hotel or you know, that was driving driving.
Speaker 4: I'm not flying to a bachelor aut party. That seems like too much.
Speaker 5: I think that if you ask people to fly, you have to as a bride offer to pay for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like I think, I mean not double wedding.
Speaker 5: It's just But what's interesting about what you're saying right now is you're talking about an evening that sounds amazing and so much fun. By the way, I'm down for this evening. However, social media tells me these things last more than an evening. There are three or four days.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that I'm just having Yeah, I had this a very very my Bachelorett parties, Like I absolutely remember being in the back of a New York City cab wearing like a penis headband that had like two penises coming out of my Yeah.
Speaker 4: Double pine, yeah, double pain hell. Yeah, you're doing a double paine.
Speaker 5: At the back of a cable banger Yeah, double bangers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And when you shook your head, they moved because they got it. They got a jiggle. Fameless steel coils.
Speaker 5: You're getting free shots. You're wearing a penis necklace.
Speaker 4: And I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: I was Again, I might like a mud bath, but I want to be wearing a double pean on the head while I'm in the bath.
Speaker 4: I'm not against that at all. I'm all for it. I'm all fucking for that. Oh god.
Speaker 3: By the way, I definitely know for this particular bachelor party that we actually made a very strong rule which was that you could not take pictures on a phone. So we gave everybody the Insta cameras that you got the photos developed, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, back in the day where you take them to a place and you got them developed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And by the way, when we got those photos.
Speaker 5: Who yeah, it's like the hangover trying to night.
Speaker 4: Do you think that when you think about your character on the show. Oh, Joe Wilson, I don't remember. I see you again? Remember memory? Did you have a bachelotte party? Joe doesn't how any friends?
Speaker 5: Right, You're just like I say that, and I'm waiting for you to be like, no, Joe Wilson does have friends, and you're like, Arizona Robins, are you kidding me? She'd have the whole would you be a four day bachelorette party?
Speaker 4: She might be? Oh god, she totally is. I think she might be. I think she would have been. Does she have on the show? No? No, I remember bachelorette parties on the show. No, but it's not too late.
Speaker 3: That's fun And could you do a Could you do a double pen headband on ABC dot?
Speaker 4: Abc? Can you do it on a network? Can you do double penis? Situation? The time slot moved to ten pm, and that screams double.
Speaker 2: Pain, double pain ten He m, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, Well maybe you need to get married and have a bachelor and Arizona will throw your bachelorette party.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's done, it's been pitched, it's been pitched.
Speaker 4: I love it. I do have because why not?
Speaker 5: There is apparently unspoken rules for attending a bachelorette party. I knew, I knew for a wedding, but I'm not so sure I know what the bachelorette party rules are.
Speaker 4: Okay, apparently are you ready for this? Jess? Don't wear white? Why I know? Is it like it is? It is what it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, don't wear white, don't get drunker than the bride to be. It's her night and you are her babysitter. She's allowed to get trashed, but you need to stay sober enough to prevent accidents and disasters.
Speaker 5: I my opinion, my opinion on this one is that to keep everybody safe, maybe don't get super trashed on the bachelorette party night. First off, you're gonna wake up with a hangover. And if you're on one of your four day bachelorette day vacations, you've got other days to be you got yeah, pace, let's pay Now we've we learned from the movies.
Speaker 4: The hangover like getting trashed. I just I don't know. It doesn't it just doesn't ever end well. I don't think it ends up nobody's getting trashed. Maybe nobody gets trased. Maybe you help everyone pace themselves and you're in charge.
Speaker 5: You're you're a water girl or boy Yeah some water anyway, don't gossip about the events of the night with anyone other than the people who were there, duh.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Don't try to bring your boyfriend or a girlfriend or suggest they meet up with you later.
Speaker 4: That's the no brainer. A little bit.
Speaker 5: No, I don't feel like for some people it is they're trying to sneak the partner in.
Speaker 3: No, it's like guests of guests may not bring guests of course.
Speaker 4: Not no, no, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 5: And then finally, don't let the bride to be pay for anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know about these rules. Let's go on to the next one, okay, I'm not I have thoughts gone well.
Speaker 3: This one starts with okay, so the groom and bride most of the time never pay for their own bachelor or bachelorette party, unless, of course, it's a party that requires airfare and or leaving a state, or something that's super extravagant or over the top meaning a thousand dollars plus per person, or if there's a conversation beforehand on how to go about it or clarify monetary expectations as a group.
Speaker 4: I agree with that sounds reasonable. Yeah, I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that if you you, I think as a bride, part of your job is to not be a moron too and just to take in everybody's financial situation so that if you are, you know, not going to be paying for your bachelorette party, you're just cognizant of everyone that you're inviting and then hopefully it all kind of works out.
Speaker 4: Okay. The best man or made of honor is usually tasked with planning it. I think you do need a leader. You could have a leader, but I think you can delegate.
Speaker 5: Right. People have their own lives and you know it can be a lot. These things can apparently be a lot private planes.
Speaker 3: Best Man Made of Honor then talks to the group, either via text or in person, and usually telling the other members, Hey, this is what I'm thinking, YadA, YadA, YadA, and then they usually ask, so is everyone cool with taking care of the groom brier and this trip and or are there any concerns about price or anything of that nature.
Speaker 4: I think you don't group text.
Speaker 5: I think I think you text separately because with the group text, I'm going to tell you, I think once you decide on thing everyone individually, then you do the group text. I think that people might feel uncomfortable being like, hey, I don't have the money to do the vegas to do the thing yep. And you don't want to be in a group text talking about price Nope, nope, no, okay if there isn't Usually the grooms men bridesmaids take care of the groom bride after all, that's kind of what the.
Speaker 4: Party is for.
Speaker 5: I think that, like on the wedding day, they're there to help, you know, fix if you're stress, like, oh my god, my veil is you know, like need steaming. Like I think that they're there for that stuff, and I think that, sure, the bachelorette, what are we talking about the bachelotte party, you're what do you do?
Speaker 4: Like, what are you taking care of exactly for them?
Speaker 3: Like for mine, I remember there was like hotel, there's hotels and then there was you know, there was dinner reservations and there was because.
Speaker 4: It was like a two night thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're taking care of that stuff. They're not you know, applying your mscara. There are levels to taking care of things.
Speaker 3: If there's any kind of problem money wise or anything else, typically that's when a best man or made of honor will reach out to involve the brighter groom and tell them the situation in either a athem if they're okay with chipping in equally or in part for their party, or b ask them if they want to make any changes to accommodate whatever the issue is.
Speaker 4: Sounds reasonable, Yeah, sounds reasonable.
Speaker 5: I think you've got to be really careful, as made of honor, if you are having a conversation on behalf of somebody else with the bride, that you're not like, oh my god, Barbara can't pay for all the penistras e'mara saying yeah, you know, like you got you gotta be sensitive because for some people it might be a sensitive situation.
Speaker 4: So as a lot, just be cool. Basically, just be cool you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do, and yeah, and all the normal rules come into play for this. They will be your best friends, right. Don't take things personally. Yeah, it's not all about you and this is a celebration, So don't forget your personal rules and be your number one fan, advocate for yourself.
Speaker 4: Don't take things personally and carry on. Also, remember it's a fucking party.
Speaker 3: Like ye, I can't tell you some of this has been a little bit downer, like don't shit on my party.
Speaker 5: I know. To be honest, I think that the essence that we're missing a little bit with all the rules and the themes and then all the things is that like this is about you getting married, making this awesome commitment, and your favorite people are with you and you get to celebrate with them, and that.
Speaker 4: Is that's I feel like that's what that's what we're trying to get it.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're losing the sense of the fun, the fun.
Speaker 3: Where's the fucking fun, people? This is time to have fun. You're celebrating, you're excited, and you know what, let it just be a little duck. Let that water roll right off your body. Yeah, be like a little cartoon duck. Wiggle your little tush, get that water right off the back.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get into this. We call it crew questions.
Speaker 3: Great, so Julian wrote in and she said, I am a part of a wedding party, and the bachelorette party is for four days. Understand that it's definitely not about me and my likes. But ah, am I an asshole for being upset that I'm spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars and paid time off on a trip in a place that's not really my vibe and doing no activities that I'm really feeling. I'm sober, and drinking and bar hopping is one of the main activities hat making. I don't wear hats. I promise I'm not boring nor pooping on anyone who likes to do these things. They just aren't me. Am I a jerk?
Speaker 5: I actually feel a little bit angry about this.
Speaker 4: This is striking my rage.
Speaker 5: I do think that you're if you're sober and someone's like, hey, we're going to be.
Speaker 4: Bar how I feel like there needs to be a little bit.
Speaker 5: Of consideration here is ridiculous, it's absurd, and thousands of dollars paid time off.
Speaker 4: This is a little much. So not only are you not a jerk? And Camilla's and she actually thinks that you're you're a truth teller, your sage wise, wise wise woman.
Speaker 3: Jillian. Yeah, I think that this is hard. This one's a hard one. And I also think, oh, here's the question.
Speaker 4: You're going to be nice for you. No, I'm not. I'm just going to say, can you ask for can you ask for a pass?
Speaker 3: I think not going to someone's wedding is a really big deal. I've had to go to weddings that were very hard for me to go to, and I did so because people feel some kind of way about people who don't go to their weddings.
Speaker 4: I think that you can.
Speaker 5: I think you go to the wedding and I think you say, hey, I can't make the full four days. I can come in for I can fly in whatever it is. I can come over for the for a day and you pick the day. Maybe you pick the hat making. I don't know what kind of hats are you making you pick whatever day you vibe with the most, and you go in for that day. You make yourself seen, you wave a little pain of straw, you do the whoops whoops, and then you get out of there.
Speaker 4: You do it in and out.
Speaker 3: I think we land on compromise for this one a little bit, right, because it's very important, especially if you've been invited someone wants you to be a part of their celebration. And I think that you can absolutely go at the same time that you, you know, hold your line. And I also think it's a it's listen, sobriety is a big deal and you have to honor that, and however, you stay in sobriety. So my guess is that it's not actually a very good idea for someone who is sober to be bar hopping.
Speaker 4: And that's about you.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a little bit of you know, just looking at the itinerary and seeing what it is that you can participate in and feel really excited and show up with a full heart and excitement for and the parts that are going to compromise you on some level, or you know, really just not be your jam, which hat making is not so no, I don't think you're a jerk. Be easy on yourself and find find your path while also being able to show up for this friend.
Speaker 4: Agreed.
Speaker 5: Okay, Nadia, she said, I just organized my best friend's bachelorette. It took place nearly two months ago, and I am still recovering from mean girl feelings.
Speaker 4: It was rough. The bachelorette party didn't know each other.
Speaker 5: Well beforehand, and one girl in particular seemed jealous and struggled with the fact that she wasn't in charge. God, she questioned every decision we made for six months and added just a thought to seem like a team player.
Speaker 4: The wedding was last weekend. The dynamic was the same.
Speaker 5: It's so awkward because she's not my friend, so I'm not close enough to say something, and I don't want to upset my besties friend.
Speaker 4: Why do we do this? Female relationships can be so tricky. Is it just me? Or do men never have these issues?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: So for me on this one, my first instinct is you made it through it, and from the sounds of this email in the past, leave it there.
Speaker 4: You got through it, it's done. I would let it go. Yeah, because if she's not your friend.
Speaker 5: Then you've seen her at the wedding, and now it's just bygones, we're going to buy one this one.
Speaker 4: This is hard though, eat no what I did to learn.
Speaker 5: This brings up something that does happen and I think is very difficult. And people get a little jealous and see their relationship status with the bride.
Speaker 4: As am I made of honor? Maid of honor? Does that mean you're more important? And so all of this.
Speaker 5: Stuff starts to creep in. I'm I love the idea of not having a maid of honor, even though I'm just kind of putting people in charge of different stuff, like you can be in charge of this, you're in charge of this, but maybe not having a maid of honors like the way to go.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Oh, you're thinking that's a I was.
Speaker 3: The The status piece was evidently resonating with me, given the earlier story of me stealing a bouquet and posing with it. So I know, I'm sorry about that, and it was really important to me that I made a toast, so uh yeah, no.
Speaker 4: You made it actually a beautiful toast, Nadia, I say, leave it in the past.
Speaker 3: And I think that men do have these kinds of issues. They just are different about it manifest and it's not all or nothing. It's never always or never, but you don't hear it as much. It's a tricky, tricky thing.
Speaker 5: I think men peacock. I just think it manifests in a different way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I also think that weddings are you know.
Speaker 3: I feel this way about my birthday because I love, I actually do love a party and I wish there were more places to go and again dance spontaneously. And I sort of missed that part of I missed the part of my life where there was like something after dinner.
Speaker 2: Oka.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's just dinner these days, like you just if you go out, you have dinner.
Speaker 5: Do you really miss it though, because I'm so tired by the end of dinner.
Speaker 4: No, I do, I mean, I do. I really like first Yeah, I do you ask anyone?
Speaker 3: No. I like a party. I like to get it going, and I do like wanting to be in bed at nine. If you get me past nine, if you just keep on pushing me, I get there and then I go hard. And I love a party, and I missed.
Speaker 4: That piece of life that what happens.
Speaker 3: After dinner another story for another time, But after a dinner party, I really did like a major rally cry for three of the friends I was with, and I was like, we are not fucking going home. We are not going home. We are going out. And we went out and it felt a lot like.
Speaker 5: This is forty Yeah, like you're the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, Like like like you're you're the t Rex in the club.
Speaker 4: It's just your.
Speaker 3: Your fucking in my short little arms with my tindy little arms.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like kind of cocktails do you have here? Awesome sauce? Excuse me in that red amelow cup? Can you please pour me some chopin vodka and soda with Jean Real lime juice, cool cool beans balls. Thanks. Yeah. Anyways, I like a party.
Speaker 3: And I think that for the point that I was getting to with my birthday is that weddings are hard because any celebration you're asked to call together all the people in your life, and not all the people in your life know each other very well or get it along. And I actually almost find it stressful to have all of my friends together because I have friends from I don't have one girl, yes or one pack of friends. I have friends from everywhere, and while I can tell you that the common thread is kindness and fun, it's not that I don't know that they'd all get along. As a matter of fact, sometimes they haven't, and that's a bummer because I don't want to manage it on a day that I'm trying to celebrate. So yeah, true, even the past. Well, I mean I feel like that is That is how I feel about bachelorette parties and weddings in general, is that I think it knowledge is power. I think you check in with your bridal party and see where everyone's at. I think that's kind I think that kind of falls on the person who brings all together. I think that the bride should be the one that she knows the personalities the best, and I think she figures out what's going to be, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the best for the group. And then I think when you're the guest, I think you just need to be along for the ride.
Speaker 3: Again, it's also not about you, you know, Like I mean, it's not about you.
Speaker 5: You rally, but you rally in a way that like is not gonna break the bank. Yeah, you know, you rally away most comfortable. Yes, exactly right, All right. I love this Lord bachelor party. See.
Speaker 4: By the way, I actually sort.
Speaker 3: Of feel like maybe this has inspired me to have about it. I think you might need to figure out how to have a party. You and I party two.
Speaker 4: That's the part. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's do a retreat, honestly, okay, work if we do. If we do a retreat, we will make it a work retreat quote unquote, and bring you guys with.
Speaker 4: Us tequila shots on the pods.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we wear the penis saus tell us if you would like to.
Speaker 4: See this happen and maybe we make it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, I call it what it is, retreat. Call it what it is, a retreat, a retreat. Okay, well, this this has been amazing and I'm so excited to hear more about how the first episode goes this season and move deeper into this beautiful summer.
Speaker 4: And I just love being with you, so I'll see you soon. Okay, let's call it the end of the episode.