Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Gizelle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's out? This is Robin Dixon. I'm sorry, I'm laughing because I had a blonde moment. Yes, but we're here. We were talking, we weren't recording. No, we're recording now. Yeah, we're recording now. That's probably happened. What do you think that's like the third A doesn't happen? Not that many?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe like episode one hundred eighty eight.
Speaker 1: You've done it, not seven times? Ten okay, I'll give you ten, No, not ten, okay, I like seven seven? Yeah, okay. But we have definitely been talking sometimes and we'll look down and be like, oh shit, I forgot to press record, I know.
Speaker 2: And then you know, we try to recreate and we cannot. Yeah, it's lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 1: Sure cannot recreate greatness.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we're here greatness, Okay, we are here for sure. Yes, And I'm shady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your shady moment? I am a shady lady. Okay, so that's not news, but I shocked myself on my shadiness every now and again. Okay, So I recently purchased a home in Hampton, Virginia. It's like a little investment property and I'm going to be buying much more hopefully god dwelling. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I have a daughter that's going to school in Hampton, Virginia. And she was like, Mom, I really don't want you to do this right now, because you know, all you're going to be concerned about is like furnishing that and like buying stuff for that, and like, you don't you're not going to care about me.
Speaker 1: And I was like her, Mama, rich, she can no, not like that, Like she's gonna I'm gonna forget. I'm gonna prioritize. I'm gonna prioritize. Yeah, you know what, because Carter's room, he still has rubber Maid dressers in his room. We've been here for three years.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what a rubber Maid dresser, you know, the brand rubber Maid. Yeah, I wouldn't call it a dresser.
Speaker 1: I would just call it a little storage bend with drawers. And we've been here for three years. But my office is nice and my bedroom is nice, and my family room is nice, dining room is nice. But I and your landscaping is it's amazing my landscape. Poor Carter. This is Carter, Carter, Poor Carter. Yes, it's always the youngest child. I know, it gets shafted. It is, it is. And he'll let me know too, hes me know. Yeah. So I'm like, oh yeah, I keep forgetting today to day. But meanwhile, yes, I have a little portable Sonna in my basement.
Speaker 2: You know, like you could with the Amazon Prime of it all, you could have got something for him.
Speaker 1: Really cheat, you know what I could have I could have Okay, I'm sorry to cut you off. No, no, but she has a point. No, but you you were more shady than my shady moment, because that is the shady moment. I have bought nothing for a door, and I'm buying everything from my little house that I got down there.
Speaker 2: And it's it's sad, like I'm so excited to like get mirrors here and get pictures here and little flowers here, and I haven't, And so a door says to me.
Speaker 1: She was like, you know, mom, I need a rug for her rum. She has a single. Oh night, I know how she pulled that off. Listen, a freshman with a single, A single, I know. So she was like, you know I need to ruda listen. She going to school. I graduated from you know time anyway. So I'm like, you don't need no rug. I bought five rugs from my new rout. I told my child she don't need No, she don't need a rug. Mean while the floor is probably yes, yes, yes, tell her to go steal one from your house.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to get her everything she needs. I'm just like, I said, you don't need that right now.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, because you'll have to cause where if you get it, where do you where are you putting it? You have to get that and then haul it down there? Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh Jamal Brian is mad at me because so you know, Angel's going to school in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So all the stuff that she needs, I'm I'm sending to his house right now. He's like, she said, I got another box, and you know I'm doing renovations and you know I'm not there all the time, and you keep sending boxes to my house. Keep telling you send to church, you keep sending it to the house. I don't know the church is address and his house is saved in my He's like, can you stop me? It's so funny. Yeah, okay, So your house that that you're that you purchased when you're buying stuff, where are you sending that? Oh? Guess what? So I've made friends.
Speaker 2: Oh down there okay, and so my next door neighbor will like push it into my eyes.
Speaker 1: She can get the she'll she'll put it into the unit. And then I have the real estate agent for the seller. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We became friends, oh, best friends. And she likes to do interior design, decorating and stuff. So she's going in there and she's unboxing and she's tidying up. I ship beds, mattresses, all that stuff, and she just put it all together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. Ya, that's awesome. She probably send me a bill, but that's as she should. Actually, I mean, no, it's fine. I'm just excited. Yeah. You know how you have a project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she said to me, because how she staged it, I really liked. So, you know, the suggestion was that she do all the like decorating for it. And I was like, I need a project, ma'am, I need something to do.
Speaker 1: So no, I'll do it, Okay, yeah, okay, nice, all right, that's exciting. Yeah, it's very exciting. So I'm gonna stop being shady and I'm gonna get a door everything she needs. Yeah, let's get her everything, and then maybe I'll get motivated to get Carter some real furniture please, m okay. So my shady moment is just I'm so sick of Walgreens. I don't go to Walgreens. I don't either, okay, but somehow I signed up for their email distribution. Oh wow, I have unsubscribed to Walgreens ten times, ten times, and they keep emailing me about what that is. Like, First of all, I can I sue them. That's like against the law. They just they keep sending their like promotions in their ads, but I keep hitting unsubscribed and it keeps saying your unsubscribed request is successful or you know whatever it is, like, it keeps acknowledging that I unsubscribe and they keep emailing me. That's wrong, right, that's wrong. You just sue them. I do need to sue them, or like at least trying them over to the better business be a right, right? I could start like a class action lawsuit, yes, and then get like five dollars and thirty cents, a check for five dollars a third every month for the rest of your life. Do you ever, No, wait, do you ever? When you ever get notices of a settlement like a class action settlement, do you do you subscribe? Or like? No, oh what I get my twelve dollars? No way, I get my nine dollars and seventy two cents from AT and T or whatever it is. Yes, I have never I click on that link, I type in my name and my information. Yes, and I put my little bank account information in No way, And one day, four months later, I get a direct deposit for four dollars and twenty eight cents. Yes, because because there was a data breach at AT and T. This is why I can't talk to rob it because she's foolish. But all that time it took you to put your information in yep, if you were going to give your time, if you're going to put a monetary amount on time, right, was it worth it? Well, here's the thing. Usually when there's like a class action settlement, there's like a huge right yeah. So they send you the notice and they're like, you know, they tell you the pot is twelve billion dollars, however much and they're like, we don't know how much you're gonna get, Like you're it's going to be divvied up amongst all of the people against a million people who yeah, all right, or claiming so many a claim for this class actual lawsuit. So I'm like, what if only like ten people sign up, then I'm going to do Well, you got my money because I never signed up, right, so you took my money, yes, so clearly you owed me half. If you got nine dollars, you owed me half. Right, So I'm signing up hoping that like no one else is checking their mail or their emails they did never know who? Yeah, all right, I've gotten like thirty five dollars once. Yeah, so so what are we doing? So so Walgreens is shady?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're gonna sue them, Yes, and you're gonna get a good seventy five cents out of Yes. Okay, I'm here for this, all right. I'll let you know how it goes, let me know, keep me posted, all right. I'm gonna leave this right here from the Instagram chronicles. Yuh, it's a new study that finds that women need more sleep than men because they use their brains more throughout the day. I'm just gonna leave this right here for the male listeners. Okay, that y'all are big dummies because y'all are not using your brains.
Speaker 1: And y'all y'all don't need to go to sleep at night, right And you know what I would, I would kind of agree with that. I mean, I get more sleep around here than husband does. What you live within three men? Yeah, my boys sleep, Oh they do sleep? Yeah, well it's joke growing yeah, yes, they're still growing. But you know, in the summertime they stay up all night playing a video games. Yes, actually, well we get them up to go work out in the morning. But when they are allowed to sleep, they sleep. They sleep. How how many hours does want sleep? He might sleep maybe five or six and you're sleeping what like eight or nine? Eight? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, he doesn't need his brain that much, right. And this is sad And.
Speaker 1: That's true because it'll be stuff where it's like like you know, like men, they'll ask questions and the answer is like right in front of her face or you know what I'm saying, or it's like an easy like okay, you have a phone that has like Google on it too, right, yeah, you can google that.
Speaker 2: Wand does that to you? He asked you questions that are googleable? Oh yeah, and he doesn't google because he wants.
Speaker 1: You to google. Yes, that's why I got divorced. Jamal would do that shit to me, Yes, and it would drive me insane. Yes, we have the same AT and D package. Yes, we had the same Google A bad resources. Yes. No, oh I got divorced. It's it's all the time. No. He'll ask questions and I'm like you, it's not really that hard to find the answer. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: But maybe he just want that's his that's his love language. Maybe that's how he communicates.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe I just think he just he likes to be like taken care of. I think a lot of men like to be taking care of of course, you know that's his way of you taking care of him. Yeah, so so so Nald like asked me like easy, good, like easy questions right where I'm like, okay, you can find this easy. But Carter will ask me questions like so what year was John Lennonbourne? And I'll be like, Carter, are you for real? Right now? That's real Google. But I'm like, like, you're asking me as if you think I know the answer. Like he will ask me the most random, obscure questions that I should not have the answer to. But do you know I've never okay, And I'm like, I don't know. How about you look it up? And yes, I'll never mind. And I'm like, what, Like now you should be like no, we're looking this up right right? And then and then here I go end up, well what year? What's John Lennon Bord? And I'm googling, I'm looking it up. I'm like, why am I looking this up? But the fact that he just asked me the most upset your questions, It's like the most random questions. I'm like, this is just just weird. But I guess that's his love language, just talking about random ship. Well he wants to be take care of too, yeah by his mama, Yes, yes he does. He's already told me he's never moving out. I love that. I love that. Tell Carter, I am here for that, okay, robbing here for you never And this is and that's why you know it's a great kid. He has a room with rubber made storage and he's never moving out, like the bar is really low here, God forbid you buy him real friend? Oh my god? Right, he is destroyed.
Speaker 2: Any woman he ever deals with, they don't stand a chance. No, now, listen, recently it was Jennifer Lopez's birthday. Yes, and we all know that the Bennefer has broken up.
Speaker 1: Yes, the benefit is nowhere around.
Speaker 2: Okay, she had about umpteen parties and he wouldn't know where to be found, right, Okay, fine, but she's kind of like posting thirst traps. Right, don't we think this is too soon for a thirst trap post?
Speaker 1: Don't she always posts thirst traps? But like, what is I just I was, I was getting offended for Ben right, and I'm not even involved in this in any capacity. But is it a thirst trap to like get his attention and be like this is what you missing? Maybe look at me, Well I'm not getting Yeah. I don't think anything she can do is gonna move him to change his mind.
Speaker 2: But if you did want him to change his mind, I don't think this is the way you do it, because clearly he has a problem with all the attention that you require.
Speaker 1: Right from the world. Well, that's what we assume. Yeah, that's what we assume, because I did read something somewhere it was like, the issue with Jen and Ben is not the fame. There's really deep rooted issues. I'm sure. So I'm sure. I'm sure there's deep rooted issues. But he just doesn't appear to enjoy the thirst trapping of it all.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But I guess maybe she's like, Okay, yeah, we're done. Let me get onto the napping, onto the next Maybe she had pulled back her thirst trapping. Yeah, and maybe she's like, oh, thank god, I can get back to thirst trapping. I mean I was a little taken aback by it. Yeah, I'm like, let the ink dry, right, have y'all sold the house show? I mean I think she's still pretending to wear a ring. No, she didn't have a ring on.
Speaker 2: I did peep that during her birthday celebrations. There was no ring, okay, just thirst traps.
Speaker 1: Okay. That's why I was like, girl, I don't think this is this is what you should be doing. Yeah, because it's clear as you're hurting, why are you trying to smile like you're not. But I think attention and you know, being in the spotlight or whatever. I think that fulfills her. I get that.
Speaker 2: But like girl, it's okay to post nothing. Yeah, it's really okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay to be like Beyonce. Yeah, what would Beyonce do? Right? Okay? We wouldn't be seeing.
Speaker 2: Her until she wants to be seen, which is right for her album drops exactly, or her hair hair line, or her tour or her tour, and that's actually the only time we want to see her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, or she's supporting Jay doing something right, because you get sick of the people when they're posting all the time. Yeah, right, I think unnecessary with Jennifer Lopez maybe yeah. Okay, So in other Instagram chronicle news and this is for you because you know more about this than me. I'm excited. Do you agree? Okay. Dwayne Wade said that.
Speaker 2: Before he got injured, he would have definitely surpassed Michael Jordan in what as a goat stop it.
Speaker 1: He did not say that. I don't agree. I don't even believe it. He said, quote, I was coming for MJ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean when I had it, I had it, I thought I was. I thought I was gonna be before injuries like MJ. I'm coming for you.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that, I know. I like what he talked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought, I'm like, yeah, I'm going to be the greatest.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no you were.
Speaker 2: Then this is like he's not He's not joking. Okay, this is serious. Because I watched the clip.
Speaker 1: Maybe in his mind he was coming for mj Like what are you talking about, sir?
Speaker 2: So for those of y'all who don't know, because it's easy to not know who Dwayne Wade is, right, it's not easy to not.
Speaker 1: Know who Michael Jordan is. True, very true. So like no one ever put them in the same sentence, never outside of just basketball players. Yeah that's the only sentence. But as far as skill set.
Speaker 2: As far as memorability, as far as dollars earned while playing, stop.
Speaker 1: Impact on the game. I mean, now, Dane Wade does not chump change. He was just chump change. He was a great player. He actually kind of was a better player than I think people even expected him to be. He had success, he won championships and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, but blah blah blah. Yeah, there's no way he was. He played with Lebron in Miami on the Miami heat, like if there was going to be an MJ comparison, it was love Lebron. Yes, you might wait, maybe you can get the Scottie Pipping comparison. Yeah, boom, maybe there we go, there we go. Actually, yes, do yourself a favor. Compare yourself to Scotti? Right, not because without Lebron would we know d way like I would? But yeah, no, would he have won championships and stuff like that? Probably not. Probably that's insane and it's actually delusional. Yeah, de Lulu, as the kids say, de Lulu. Yes, this is the same man that said he was coming out with a nail polish line.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, nail polish. Yeah, because his nails are always painted. Yeah, I've been watching.
Speaker 1: They're white, they're purple, they're red, they're black. Yeah. Yeah, we don't need it. Yeah, moving on, Sally Henson, Si, I've been loving is it? S yes? S I E. Yeah, I've been loving those. What do you always wear press ones on my toes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm taking your Nicki Minaj press on from your house.
Speaker 1: Just because I don't have them on now doesn't mean I'm not gonna have them one Okay, Well, I just want you to know Nikki Robin has not worn hers. Stop it, don't tell me. And I'm wearing yours all the time, Nikki, okay anywhere Friday. Now I'm going to wear them just I'm your girl. Okay, I'm gonna wear them and I'm gonna go like, by the way, I can't even do it on this thing. By the way, why did these I don't you call them influencers whatever you want to call them. When they're promoting some type of product or they're doing like, oh, watch peoplet my makeup born or watch my skincare routine. Why do they take the product and put it in the camera and then tap on it? They like tap their face. Have you ever that I have? What the hell is that? I didn't know it was a trend. Oh, it is a thing. It's a thing. Yes, it's just watching now you're going to see people like always like tapping on the product, like can we can y'all be It's like y'all saw one person do it, and you saw two people do it, and then now everyone ever have to do it. It's like it's like you're doing it because you're like, oh this now insert my little fingertap on the product. Be original, Yes, yes, be original anyway, but just be normal. What the hell I'm taking? I'm taking what you say? No you're not. Okay, So this is another one for you. Yes, there's a study that reveals that husbands stress women twice as much as children do. True false, robit true and false. That would be true, especially especially when the husband doesn't have a job and he's in the house post the day and you, as the woman, work from home, or you know you're in the house too, and you know you don't have one of your jobs that you had before. Maybe I should not have asked this question. I take it back one, I took you out of the house. I take it back. Okay, Rob, that's all I hear in my mouth. That is true.
Speaker 2: That is true, Rob, Robin, And like before we started doing before we start with the podcast, he'd be like.
Speaker 1: Robin, you start yet, all right, let me tell you one more thing, one more thing before you start, Robin. I'm like, oh my god, all right, Well we gotta love one. So yes, that is true. Okay. Facts facts hashtag fact. So if you had no one and just the kids, you'd be less stressed. Well, he's good for like taking them places. Yes, you know, okay, so he helps with that. Yeah. So yeah, it's like a different type of stress. I think. Yeah, I think we're gonna move on because it's going left. Okay, all right, So anyway, Costco last thing, Costco is selling ninety nine dollar less than one hundred ninety nine dollars. Yeah, what what Costco?
Speaker 2: Costco is selling emergency food buckets for ninety nine dollars, okay, and they last for twenty five years? So I saw helta the no, what is an emergency food bucket?
Speaker 1: What the hell is five years? What is that? Five years? That's astronaut food.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I just don't understand, like why would you fill the need right to buy? And there's like a whole stand of like these buckets that people are buying for ninety nine dollars and you get one hundred and fifty servings of food.
Speaker 1: There's Taraoki rice, there's pasta alfredo. No, nothing that lasts twenty five years. That's going to kill you at a What the hell? Oh, let me go eat my emergency food that's been sitting here for twenty five years, and then you're gonna freaking die. His apple cinnamon cereal, all these preservatives in it. That's disgusting, that's insane. So it's it's it's a growing demand for emergency, not preparedness, because if something's gonna happen, we're just out of here anyway. Exactly like I've heard people say, oh, the world is gonna explode, great, let it. What the hell am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Like well Mark Zuckerberg and the other rich one they're building bunkers.
Speaker 1: You do know that, right, Why so that you can be the only people on earth? That's true. That's true. Your bank is going to blow up. You're not even gonna have access to your money here. You're gonna be broke. Stop.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you think that they can function broke? Can can Zuckerberg function broke?
Speaker 1: No? No, because he's been rich since college. It's not even like he you know, he was in college, he made Facebook, he got rich. Yeah, right, So it's not even like he spent his any portion of his early adulthood trying to build old something something or something Totally he didn't have to grind as an adult totally. No, So no, no, he's ruined. Yes, yes, if we ever see him in the street, we're spitting on him. Okay, not quite. I took it too far. I just went I went crazy. Okay, what oh my gosh, Okay, wait, I had something to say about when you were talking about that Costco thing. Yeah, so, but I don't. First of all, I would never see this because I don't go to cor I know what I was gonna say, Right, you are a costco ar, you go, yeah, yeah. If you saw this, would you think to yourself, this is something I need in my home? No? Yeah, like, oh, would buy this? Absolutely not? Absolutely not. I mean, like, buy some can goods. Okay, if your power goes out for some days, buy some can goods and open the can and eat some corn. Like what I mean, I don't know. I don't the fact that something can last for twenty five years. That would scared the shit out of him. That's disgusting. Yeah, that's not something I want to eat. This is what I wanna saying. Remind me of Have you seen these videos on Instagram about people buying these ice cream sandwiches from Walmart? Yes, and then they don't they don't melt. Yeah, they don't melt. They sit them out overnight or even sit them out for the whole week, and they don't melt. You know, you would expect ice cream to be like dripping down the plate in a puddle of just milk sitting on a plate, but no, these ice cream sandwiches are they're not as like firm, but they're intact. Yeah. And then the ice cream quote end quotes, looks like.
Speaker 2: A yellowy, creamy disgusting this. Yeah, so imagine what that's doing to your insides?
Speaker 1: Right, So stop So if you buy that, stop buying it. Yeah, read the ingredients of what you're buying. These are the ice cream ice cream sandwich. Do we know the brand Walmart? Oh, Walmart? Stop buying it. Yeah, it's like the Walmart brand. Yeah, stop buying. But in addition to that, read the ingredients on what you're buying, because even stuff that's labeled. You'll see stuff labeled it won't say ice cream. It'll say like ice treat or something. And it's like, okay, well what exactly is that? And you look at the ingreden it's a bunch of bunch of mass pronounced.
Speaker 2: I was out in the streets recently and I was actually at a gay bar. A bunch of guys there, Ok, they were reasonably shaded up.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: So one of the guys was like, hey, oh my gosh, Jazelle, I make my oatmeal like you. Okay, right, So I'm like, oh, you're definitely listening to the podcast if.
Speaker 1: You know about oatmeal.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and you know what I put in the oatmeal? Right, And he was with his boy I think his boyfriend. So he was like co signing, like yeah, he got the GC.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I told him. I was like, I have another ingredient that I put so one two third one two three for I putting five things in my oatmeal every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, And this is.
Speaker 2: Gonna sound weird, but when I tell you this might bump other stuff out. Okay, okay, ca caw.
Speaker 1: I was like, chocolate powder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had Cow's gonna change your life, really, yes, Okay, So let's keep adding ingredients.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I see it because you know, I see this stuff on Instagram and I'm like, oh, it's right, let me try.
Speaker 1: But this has definitely made a difference.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't see much of a difference with the chi chia geos, but the cacao.
Speaker 1: Yes made a difference in what I'm about to tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I feel more energized, way totally okay, So just to give it a test. The first time I tried it, I use it like as a cocoa, right. So I put it in my little oat milk, heated it up, drank it, and.
Speaker 1: I was a new woman. What I was like smart? So it's bright. My skin looked good.
Speaker 2: I was having regular bowel movements.
Speaker 1: As if none of this ever existed in her life. Anyway, they didn't. But I think I felt energized. I felt ready. So is it so it's promoted as a like a health product. Yes, and it's good for your gut, I think, but it's good for everything.
Speaker 2: It makes you cancer, you know, no cancers in the body, all the things, thank God. Anyway, So I'm telling the guy that I saw in the bar, also put cacaw okay in your cereal as well.
Speaker 1: Now it'll be you. You might get nervous because you think it's gonna just taste like totally chocolatey. Yeah. I don't mix it. I just pour it on top. Oh yes, okay, okay, So I got it. Do you want to run it? Run it down? Yep? So in my oat meal.
Speaker 2: There's blueberries that are frozen because you told me to get the frozen ones. They last better anyway. Yeah, yeah, frozen.
Speaker 1: Cacaw is the newest. The chiass, the fla seed meal, okay, and we germ okay, and then your oatmeal and then you it's in the oatmeal. Yeah right. Then you use oat milk or would I use soy milk? Okay, milk, soy milk kind of milk do I use? Yeah, soy milk soy yeah, so mel because it helps with like estrogen. Okay, yeah, all right, boom.
Speaker 2: It and it's it's listen. There's there's no better form of jazelle than today.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, I didn't know it could get any better. I mean we have an energized yeah, regular clear skin, clear skin.
Speaker 2: Yes, properly smart, right smart. I'm about to take over the world. Yes, yeah, there's no stopping me. Maybe you can run for vice president. I can be so I think so yeah, yeah, because I go to sleep a lot because I need to use my brain cells, unlike any men that might be out here running for president.
Speaker 1: The end moving on, Yes, it's moving okay, So we need to read one of our so we have it reasonable or shady? Yeah? And by the way, guys, send us some more. We love reading your reasonable or shady scenario. Yes we do, because we are reasonably shady. Okay, this says Hi, Robbin and Jazelle. Yeah, this is from Ava. I have some drama and want your opinion on whether it is reasonable or shady. My friend moved in with her boyfriend of two years. Her boyfriend is the one that asked her to move in. Okay, her boyfriend now follow this is her ex boyfriend's dad, and now she's living in the home where her ex boyfriend grew up. Whow God, Actually this is good? Right, I'm like this shady al right, I mean, just shady already. Her ex doesn't visit the house at all. No, he does not. Yeah there's a reason. Yeah okay, even I mean, I feel like the fact that her ex boyfriend's dad is dating whatever, Yeah, his son's ex girlfriend. Yeah, that just tells you they probably had a shitty relationship. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like the dad and the boyfriend. Yeah okay. So she suggested to her boyfriend the dad, that they should move everything out of her ex's childhood room and let her use it to store some of her stuff and let her use it as her personal office lounging room. Her boyfriend, the dad agreed, so they boxed up, with my help, ave's help, everything in her ex boyfriend's childhood room and moved them to the garage, including the furniture. What. She redecorated the room and made it hers. It's very cute and cozy. Before she even moved his things. But before she even moved his things, she messaged her ex about it and told him he should come by. She did not the dad, right, she did? She did, Okay, this is this all get back? This is insane, this get back. She he made her mad, and she was like, yeah, right, I'm gonna get you. I'm a dad and move into your childhood. Okay, So this should not be a question of is this shady? Yes? Hell yeah, shadey. It's actually the shady and so shame but I love every second of it, right, Okay, it's beyond shady. Yeah okay. So so she messaged him and told him about it and told him he should come by and take a look at what he wants to keep and or sell and or donate. After not hearing from him for three weeks. He texted her, calling her all sorts of names and clearing out and taking his room. Yes, she says, she's really trying to be sensitive and nice, but he is making this very difficult with his rage filled outbursts in texts. Who's her name? I don't know the friend's name. No, oh, she's the person that wrote in Yes is Ava? Oh? Ava? Is not this? Okay, she's she's reported she's talking about her friend. Okay, so it's actually but she helped her friend. Girls like she's like, I'm writing for a friend. Yes, but she helped her friend move her you know, move her stuff out, move the stuff out of the ex boyfriend's room. She and her boyfriend are giving him a year to clear out his childhood stuff from the garage before they donate everything. Neither of them feel clearing out his room is inappropriate, but her ex is just melting down in a tantrum filled rage. Personally, I don't think he should have such an when he never even visits. I also don't think she should have started dating her ex's father. No, Hey, what are your thoughts? Was taking over his room reasonable or shady? Okay? There's so many thoughts. This is wild.
Speaker 2: This is actually so wild, So I want Okay, so we don't know any name here, No, Okay, if the boyfriend is listening, please write us, because so the dad or the ex boyfriend, the ex boyfriend. If the ex boyfriend's listening, listen, we want your point of view, right, because your ex girlfriend is the worst, right, and your dad were the worst. Your dad is just alone for the ride. We don't know how long dad got to live on this earth. Okay, he just wants a little hot girlfriend. Really, yes, So if your mother no started dating, this is.
Speaker 1: Not my family. Okay, this is totally not my family and not my people. But I understand if your mother dad just wants like a little to get this out. Okay. If your mother's started dating.
Speaker 2: Jamal if okay, okay, Robinie took a tupa this episode might be.
Speaker 1: My mother wants no parts of Jamal. Let's start. I'm stepdaddy. Yeah, he went from my exies to my steps to my step That would be hilarious.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's beyond shady on so many levels. But I want I want to hear from the men of this nonsense.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we'll hear from them. Okay, So my opinion is it shady? It's first of all, it's super shady that she's dating her ex boyfriend's father. That's like, why, let yes find somebody else?
Speaker 2: Is this like how many people are in the town, right, like find someone else exactly?
Speaker 1: That's just crazy because it is almost like you're you're trying to get back at your ex boyfriend and then you just don't think about like what is that going to do to him and his relationship with his dad and his family and everyone else involved like that you just should have she should have stayed away and not done it. Now. Is it shady for clearing his room out? If this is a childhood homes I think about my childhood room right that I never go in. I don't need one thing out of it. Right, So if my parents all of a sudden just got rid of all my shit, I'd be like, great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your ex boyfriend is not having sex with your mother and living in that house.
Speaker 1: I know it's different.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's the way and with the principle, what's the way in which the room was cleared?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, and for whom? Yes, your ex and this is all like I think, get back in spite. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's this is some nasty, dirty Yeah. It's like we can't even get past the fact that the girl is dating her ex boyfriend's dad. Like that's just that's baseline, shady. Yeah, and anything after that is like, it's like you're adding to it. Dad, don't give a name. Yeah, now, if this was his dad's girlfriend, that has nothing to do with the sun cool, fine, clearing shit out here, won't care, yes, But the fact that you're calling me and saying hey, and why didn't the dad call to say, hey, we're we're clearing out your room? Yeah, in my house that I pay all the bills for. That's a mess. It's a mess. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: This is a great reality television show, right, let's get all their information right and let's produce it. Okay, this is from Anita Clark High Ladies, and this I think is a little while ago, No, in a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: High Ladies.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love the podcast. You both are amazing.
Speaker 1: I look forward to listening to it every week.
Speaker 2: I definitely moved Oh, I definitely moved home after college in twenty twenty. I graduated from FAMU Woo Woo Spring Up twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: And this is we talked about a conversation about adults living into their living in their parents' house and like getting their feet on the ground. Yeah, but I wasn't gonna read all this. I'm reading it because of the fam you. Oh okay, Yeah, when she said I moved home, Yeah, I stayed in town Ahassee for a year.
Speaker 2: That's where family is to work, And just when COVID hit, my lease was ending in my apartment and my mom told me I was more than welcome to come home, and I did.
Speaker 1: I just want to give her shout out because she went fause she okay, but that was in response to us talking about people moving into their parents' homes and the parents allowing them to, you know, get their life straight and get their feet on the ground so that they can save money and purchase a home. So she's saying that definitely happens. Yeah, Okay. Can I read it as email real quick?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I'm not ready. It's very random. Okay, this is from Christopher. All right, No, it's gonna be bad. He says, help me find miss Right please, because I have been single for six years because my ex had a miscarriage six years ago in Walmart because someone ran into my new Dodge Charger. Why I in jail for child support from my first girlfriend. Two weeks later, she has left for me, left me for my cousin in law. So I've been single for six years. What okay, Chris, we can't help you, sir, this just came through. I just said her. It's bestly you're not paying your child support and you in jail. We're not paying child support. Okay, you're in jail and you can't and you're not paying child support. Yeah, No, we can't help you. No, we can't help it. A matter of fact, don el malice again. Actually, Chris Right to us, tell us what jail you're in? Yeah, and he's out of jail now. I think he said I'm in jail for childs I don't know. Are you in jail. If you're in jail, we'll find you a pin pal. Yeah. Oh okay, well who oh, we'll just put it out there. Okay, all right, okay, people find love in jail. That's how we're gonna find you, Miss Right. Yeah, We'll find you a pin pal. This is from Lisa Bell. Hey Lisa, ladies, this is a shady request. Oh please discuss why Kim has fallen from the throes of Bravo to MTV Surreal Life. Who's Kim sociat? Oh? Okay, okay, this is a shipwreck. Why would she do this show? In the promo, Macy Gray is riding a pool float calling at Mandingo. There there had to be other options before this show. Okay, Robin, you bet not never ever do that show? Yeah, I say you, because Gizelle would not, but Rob she would not. Well, Robin may may do it, but Robin may say, well, how long do I have to stay there? It would be a different experience. I can teach them how to steal forks and eat food while shopping in the grocery store. He loel anyway, I'm being shady, but I will be watching the show. Reality TV is my comic relief. Your podcast gives me life. Bring a live show to Texas, So, Lisa, huh, hilarious. I never say never, Rob not doing that show? Only live once?
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't see anything wrong with it. Okay, so explain to me the premise of this show. They live in a house for how long and when do they get booted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna look it up Surreal Life. Yeah. I really don't really know the show, but I saw that it's like Kim Tom Hanks's son. Oh, that's how they know each other. I did see Chet is his name, yeah, Chet Hanks, Chet Hanks, And he looks to me very the reason why I stopped. I mean I looked at it because he looks like Croy, her ex husband. Oh yeah, okay, or soon to be. I don't know if they're divorced. Yeah, I don't know. Okay. So this is the premise of the show. It is a reality show about fading celebrities who were hot back in the day and how they live their day to day lives in one Los Angeles mansion.
Speaker 3: Eight celebrity strangers are invited to the Surreal Life Villa in Meta Yine, Columbia for a healing getaway that will change and bond them forever. Each day of their stay, they'll be given secret missions that push them out of their comfort zones. Throughout their time here, they ca front their fears and reveal their deepest secrets.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you couldn't do that because you'll never be faking you're hot.
Speaker 1: You're hot to try. So let me see who is on this cast this year. So it's Kim Zosiac, chet Hank Macy Gray, Chet Hanks, Ali Brooke, I don't know who she is, Ot Genesis, Kim Zosiak, Johnny Weir, Josie Conseco, and Tyler Posey. Okay, I mean listen, you only live once, okay, And Rob said, never say Now. That's how I ended up on the other TV show that I was on, because when the opportunity was presented to me, I said, you only live once, so why not do something that you never imagine doing, you know, in your life? Right? And I under staying that I ended up on that show. Yeah, and I'm happy that you're on that show. Now. People are y'all are writing nine years, eight years, eight years, y'all are writing us, writing us, asking for since Robin is no longer on that show that she was on, for Robin to give all the tea because she can now because she's not actually obligating. And I'm telling y'all right now stop it, because y'all trying to get me fired.
Speaker 2: So, like you know, but they can't against you. Yes, they can't. Oh, by the way, I've been meaning to tell you this. So a couple of weeks ago, I had a package UPS package come and I had to sign for it, and I wasn't home. And normally if I like go into my ring and like talk to them, they'll just leave it, right. So he didn't do that, so he was like, i'll be back, you know, tomorrow. So same thing happened, and I asked him.
Speaker 1: I was like, can you just leave it? And he was like no. So I was like, dang, Like when am I gonna get my package? So anyway, I forgot about the package and then I happened to be pulling up into the house and here he comes again. This was like a week later, and he's like, hey, I just want you to know that the you know that time that you asked me to leave it. I was with my boss that day and I couldn't oh, And I was like, oh, okay, now I get that, as I said, but I did get it, and he was like yeah, okay, and then he gave me something else and he left and I was like, I think I'm turned on by the UPS man. I was like I understanding what Robin is talking about. I was like, you see ups man, let me go on and get in order something so UPS can come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for those of you all who don't know, Robin has to think for ups man. And I have joked her about him because I'm just like, for what I think it's random, it's not random, Like.
Speaker 1: Because they have on I'm like, because they have on brown choices. Yes, they have on brown. That's that's what turned you on the brown? Oh, the brown is actually not my favorite. Yeah. I just think UPS men like they they are responsible and they jump out their trucks. Yes, then they usually really nice legs, yes he did. Yes, they're they're fit, Yes, they just he was tall, and they're hard worker. He was buff. They drive around that howdaush truck. Yes, don't complain and they don't go and he had a deep voice. Yes. I was like, okay you PS, Yes, I see you. And they get good benefits they I don't know anything about that, but yeah, I'm sure they can give good benefits. Yep. Yeah, give me some benefits you PS. And when I say leave my package, I mean more than that. I mean a whole lot of things. When I say, leave the package anyway, moving on, Okay, do you have something well we need to circle back to the Usher and Chris Brown debate yes, with the results. Yes, do we have results? Well, well we have like a consensus. Okay, so I will say it was okay, wait, we have to tell people.
Speaker 2: So for those of y'all who don't know, I very much was pro because Chris Brown's on tour right now. So I was talking about how Chris Brown was like, amazing, I do want to see a show. He came in town, I missed the show whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, and then we compared him to the Usher exactly, or Robin compared him to show. I was like, well, how do you think about Usher? And I was just asking more so for her because we recently saw Usher. Yeah, Usher is more like our generation, right, and just you know, and Gazelle was just like, oh, now, Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Between the two, if we had to compare the two, I say, Chris Brown. But then we put it out to you guys for.
Speaker 1: The pot Yeah okay. So so we had and we talked about it on the podcast and then we you know, posted about it, and so there were over three thousand comments. That's a lot on this debate about Usher and Chris Brown, and the opinions were very split. Some people think it's a generational thing, which I agree. I agree. They say that Chris Brown has more music, but Usher has more hits, which I agree. I mean based off of what, based off of okay, what what you consider a hit? I might not consider a hit, but see for me, so then I have to use I have to go personally and say, yes, Chris Brown, Chris Brown will put out an album with like twenty five songs, totally right, and you probably you Jazelle probably only know like one song from that three right, two? Okay, okay, So but so for me, I had to think about Okay, like, if I'm comparing their music, I much rather I am more into Usher's music. Like when I hear an Usher song, yeah, I will sing along to it more or it'll be like you know, it'll be more reminiscent or something like that like that. I don't do that for Chris Brown's music. I really don't. Okay, what did the people say? So the poll, we said who is the better artist? Overall? Right, so that's their music, they're performing their presence. Blah blah, blah, Usher sixty one percent, Chris Brown thirty nine percent. We have another poll that says who has the most hits and the answer is Usher with fifty six percent Chris Brown forty four percent. That's very split down the hid. And then I saw other people like email, they said there was like all these you know, oh, Usher has this mini billboards and Chris Chris Brown is this many billboards and Chris Brown has this many BET Awards. Like I think there's like a definitely a generational and like a demographic thing. I think Usher probably would get the more mainstream audience, Chris Brown might get the more maybe urban support, because Chris Brown had like nineteen b two awards and Usher had like nine, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that if yes, obviously the incident was horrific, and if that had not happened, Chris Brown would be on a whole another statusphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, ok, yeah, because that like that, I agree. I think the Rihanna thing just set him back, Like he just was set back for years. Yeah, he wasn't even really performing or making music and people weren't coming out and supporting him. Yeah, so that that set him back. That also makes me think about Aliyah when Aliah died. You know, it's like Aliyah was like on the same wavelength as Beyonce was it was she pretty much they're the same age, ish around the same age. I think Ala might be a younger age, no, a little older, but they were like like in the same ballpark. And I always just wonder, like, what would have come of Aliyah had she not died. I don't think she had. I don't think anyone can touch Beyonce now, but I do wonder, you know, what her career would have been. But back to Chris Brown and Usher, I think Usher won the debate m you know, amongst the masses, but it's a very close debate. It was very close. Yeah, yeah, And I think I would rather listen to Usher's music, but I would probably prefer to watch Chris Brown. Yes, that's yes, how I feel.
Speaker 2: He brings the energy, he brings, the funk, he brings all the things. It's a vibe, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like Usher's super Bowl performance, I was just like, okay, whatever, I can't even remember, this is this is the problem. I don't even don't remember, right, And that was like this year, right, So like Usher's I was like, okay, but but I think if Chris Brown performed at the super Bowl it would be like insane. We would get backflips, Yeah, we would get all kinds of things. Yeah. Yeah. And he's but he has worked with a lot of people. Yeah, well both of them have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from Chris Brown. I just Usher for the music, Chris Brown for like for the performance. O.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of super Bowl, who who's this gonna sound so crazy? Who's who's going to super Bowl?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Sometimes the Ravens, the Baltimore Ravens, you think they can do it? Yes? They They've made no changes? Have they made what they have? Yes? Would change. They added Derrick Henry, who is a very good running back. Got it, he's a running back? Huh? So is so Tom Brady's out been out right? Has he started his career yet? In coming to Patrick Mahomes, the Kate, Kansas City Chiefs are the They're the ones that are.
Speaker 2: The the problem always they're the problem. Okay, So and they're they're going to stay as is. Nobody's leaving, thebody's doing anything.
Speaker 1: They're pretty close.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when does Tom Brady start his broadcasting career.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I don't know. Yeah, yeah, that he's getting paid like crazy money for katrillions. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very strange that we don't even know when when this is starting. He's probably getting checks right now. You know the life we live right Listen, If Robin and I are speaking, we're getting a check. If we're not, we're getting nothing. Okay, Tom Brady's not speaking and he's getting Just want you to.
Speaker 1: Know this life ain't fair and this check is way bigger than ours. What for doing nothing? Can we get five percent? Right? That'd be nice, That would be nice, That would be anyway. But we are very grateful for what we have, absolutely and we appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out to Black Effect and Charlemagne by the way, and Heart and Charlamayne's everywhere.
Speaker 1: He's now like a political pundit. I said, I ain't asked for his life. His life asked for me.
Speaker 2: He's well, not bringing him up with the whole you said. They brought him up with the lady that just resigned Secret service lady. Oh yeah, she's she's doing her little testifying stuff. How ut at the they started talking about what people were saying about what happened, and Charlamagne got involved, and I'm sure he was like.
Speaker 1: Why am I in it? Why am I in it? I didn't speak on it to get in it. Why am I in it? Yes? Not not in a congressional court case. No, right, by the way, I just read something that the FBI cannot confirm nor deny that he was actually hit with a bullet. No way, Yeah, the FBI. That's what they said. Job, Oh my god. That No, we are out of here. Guys. We love y'all so much. Don't never to get to live your life. Either reasonable or by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle, Brian and Reasonably Shady