Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Oh Chow.
Speaker 2: The Browns and Deshaun Watson have agreed to terms on a contract restructure, even the sturdy cap burn for years to come. The rework deal also signals that Wasson is expected to be with the Browns next season. This is about cap space. After the deal is up and mentioned they will bring a quarterback in for competition.
Speaker 1: Who would they bring in? Somebody thinking I like the fact that they are bringing them back. God damn. I wanted this to work for him so bad too. It just hasn't panned out the way it should be. I'm hoping and wishing and wanted to see that same Deshaun Watson that we got to see when he was in juston, when he didn't have the weapons that he has at the disposal right now in Cleveland, and it just hasn't panned out to be just that he gets another shot at it, he gets another opportunity at it, another offseting training, another mini camp, another another training camp. So I'm hoping he gets Achilles Achilles, right, yeah, he erupted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just hard for me to see Oho, after being so far removed from when we saw you at your best, now.
Speaker 3: An achilles injury. He had shoulder surgeon.
Speaker 2: To shoulder surgeon is the easy to overcome, but that Achilles different.
Speaker 3: It's just hard. Old Joe.
Speaker 2: We you just don't see guys like do what he's done and then all of a sudden the sin back up. It's like, you know, it's like a plane. Boy, it's hard to get Hey, now you get one of the little little little little crop dusty, this is eaither pull them out out of a nose dive.
Speaker 3: But when you gotta you got a jumbo jet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh this is difficult. I mean, yes, even if we don't get the old the Shawn Watson the bowl. Can we get to the Shawn Watson that we can count of the Shawn Watson that can that can not turn the ball over, make all the throws, you know, be able to hand it off the Chub.
Speaker 2: I don't even recognize this guy. Yeah, I mean this, I don't recognize them, Joe, what we saw in Houston. And even if we even and I'm just saying, okay, let's just say we don't get one hundred percent of what we saw in Houston.
Speaker 3: Let's get n can we get eighty five ninety O? Joe?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I don't know if we've I don't know if we've gotten forty percent of what he was in Houston.
Speaker 3: It's not even close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like everybody looks better in that offense than him. Yeah, black Od threw the ball better in that offense than him.
Speaker 3: Jamos throws the ball.
Speaker 2: But now look, granted, Jambs is a turnover machine, but at least Jamis is throwing for three four hundred yards. I don't know if DeShawn has had a three hundred yard game in that our fense. And when you can run the ball with Chubb, because he'd had some years with Chubb was healthy this year Chubb started, he wasn't healthy last year he got nick But man, I just I just don't know. I hope I want to see because nobody want to see the guy. I mean, oh Joe, I mean the guy got traded at twenty six. Yeah, and it's prime. We don't see guys. We don't see quarterbacks that unless they have injury. We saw the Brady left, but Brady was in your twenty. Manning left but he had a serious injury. We saw Drew Brees, but Drew Brees wasn't the Drew Brees that we love. But he still had an injury, but he wasn't the Drew Brees and with the Chargers that he became with their Saints. So it's an anomaly that we see guys quarterbacks. Yeah, Rogers left, but you look at look at look what year was it with Rogers, like eighteen nineteen, Same thing with farm like what sixteen seventeen. Normally we don't see twenty six year old quarterbacks that are uninjured leave, right, So hopefully he can get this figure I hope he can get this thing figured out. O Cho, I'm the only one that's not surprised by this, but ed Ed isn't rooting for Saint Kwan to break his record. Hall of Famer ed Eric Dickerson was honest about how he feels. I don't think he'll break it do I wanted to break it after not Edie was also quick to point I say, qua, if he does, he'll do it in seventeen regular season games, one more than ed Ed. You do realize that you broke O Jay's record in sixteen games. Oh, Ja's went twenty and fourteen. What are we talking about? That's why I'm saying, O Joe, remember we had that conversation. You said, should we add an asterisk? And I said no, because at one point time the records were in a twelve game schedule, and then he went to a fourteen game, and then he went to a sixteen game, and eventually it's gonna go to an eighteen game.
Speaker 3: So maybe, oh so.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you get a receiver and he plays a good twelve, thirteen, fourteen years, he could challenge Jerry's record because if he plays that length of time, that's an extra season a season and I have Oh yeah, so now the record Now all of a sudden, the sack total. You might have somebody, oh Joe catch one hundred and sixty balls.
Speaker 3: You might have something.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gonna look, you gonna get a two thousand yard receive because they're playing more games.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is. Yeah, yeah, but it's not surprise.
Speaker 2: Edie also, I don't pull no punches on that, but I'm not whining about it.
Speaker 3: He has seventeen games to do it.
Speaker 2: Say, Kwan is two hundred sixty eight yards away from Edie's record that he set twenty one oh five during the eighty fourth season. Remember, in that season, Dan Marino was the MVP, ed was the offensive rook of the year. That was the year Dan went forty eight touchdown with Brokes, which broke damn fous record. But he also went five thousand, which many thought was impossible. Five thousand and sixteen games in that era. That's like six thousand yards in today's era. But I digress. The Eagles have two more games on the remaining schedule. He's eighteen hundred and thirty eight yards. He has to average one thirty three point five. Now he's playing the Giants and the Cowboys, both who are terrible against the rush. Now, it's gonna be a little different because there's no threat of Jalen Hurts. Can't he Pickett is gonna get the start tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh so Jayleen, Jayden is already out.
Speaker 3: He's already out.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know who they're gonna they're gonna put the They're gonna put the team on on on Saquon back.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, the team on.
Speaker 1: Saquon back when they have to throw, when they have to throw, they will I think AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. Hey, listen, you're you already understand the landscape of the game. Understand the game plan going in. I don't think you're gonna get the balls. You you might, it's not gonna be the same. No, they calling changes significantly when the number two quarterback is in the game. It ain't gonna be the same. So it's gonna be it's gonna be some mad faces on that Sidelline.
Speaker 2: Now all I know, O Joe, if I'm the Cowboys and John, you ain't getting no record against me.
Speaker 3: You ain't been to have me in the record books.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how they gonna stop it. They ain't stopping Nobody care.
Speaker 3: I don't care if Kenny Picking throw for five thousand yards.
Speaker 2: He ain't getting it. And the Giant I don't care if I don't care if A J and H. Davonte go for two fifty a piece, he not breaking nod Oh Joe, Yeah, you see that sack record they keep shorty right five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and and and and and and Michael Strahan and the package right there. Yeah, the touchdown mark. The yard is mark. You know you said, Oh no, oh dude, you ain't get no record on me, right, I ain't finna be.
Speaker 3: I am going to be in your highlights. Not gonna happen, No, no, no can do.
Speaker 2: Uh. Sauan is top that number in six of his fifteen games. With Jaylor Hurst being out for a concussion, the Eagles may more and guess what now he gonna get opportunity cause they're not gonna just drop back and through the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Cowboys a week against the rush. Uh.
Speaker 2: The Eagles offensive line is very very good. They're physical. You're gonna have to have to match their physicality.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But oh yeah, but I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: Look like I said, I know ed we worked at Fox together. But I know I've known ed for a number number of years. We make no secret about it. I mean people like, oh, he even never made any secrets about it. He don't wantnybody break that record. Yeah, well definitely. I mean listen, records are to be broken. There, so some people hold a more cap I didn't I broke somebody's record, O shoe. Yeah, I did so, And it meane the thing when Tony got my record and eventually killed or Kelsey gonna have more one hundred and fifty yard games than I got.
Speaker 3: Okay, and.
Speaker 2: I did, o Jo. All I could do was the best I could do. I can't measure if somebody breaks my record. I'm not measuring myself against them. I did the best I could do. I got everything I could out of my ability, ojo. So what somebody else did that doesn't diminish what I did, right, And I think sometimes people look at it like that, Ojo. Sometimes if somebody I had a record that not the no, ain't no comparison, Edie. I don't think anybody's gonna compare Saquander you bro bro You're a top one hundred running back, top one hundy. You're a top one hundred player in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Your place is secure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different, And when I see you, I would say, man, you need you need uh and let that is go and put up aside. Say break that record, say quan. The Sacramento Kings fired Mike Brown on Friday. He was he was just thirty one game into his third season as head coach and just got two years removed from just two years removed from being coach of the Year after ending Sacramento's sixteen season playoff drought as the number three seed.
Speaker 3: No Less.
Speaker 2: The Kings, after adding to Martin Rozan this summer, has gotten off to a rough start, starting the season in thirty one games thirteen and eighteen and have lost five straight. Brown did a presser at the full practice was fired. He was informed on a phone call as he was on his way to the airport to leave to play the Lakers Mike Malone. This is what Mike Malone had to say. He went scorched earth on his former employee by Mike. At first, I was really shocked in surprise. Then I caught myself. I said, why am I shocked and surprised?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not for two reasons. One because the NBA head coach. Ultimately, you're gonna get to blame. When the Kings win, the credit goes to Fox and some bonus. When they lose, they blame gonna go on Mike Brown. That's the way it works after two and who works and who he works for. So I'm not surprised that Mike got fired because I got fired by the same person.
Speaker 3: And really what pissed.
Speaker 2: Okay, what peed me off by the fact that they lost the night in the Phil gabers Row, I believe tough filing the jump shooter. They had practiced this this morning. How he does the media. He's in his car heading to the airport, fly to l A. They called him on the phone and tell him he's fired. No class, no cohonas. That's why. That's all I'll say about that.
Speaker 3: Mike. I think you said a lot. I don't think you need a I don't think you need add anything to that.
Speaker 1: Why would they? Why would they? Why would they wait if you already know, especially a decision like that has already been made. It's not like you know, y'all want to fire him now. The man have been through practice and everything, you know, all the week long, and then you're waiting until let's tie easy, head to the airport. They play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, when you.
Speaker 1: Come to decision, we're no longer going to retain you or your contract. Mm hmm, you're fired immediately. Can you imagine matter? I would a custard on.
Speaker 3: It and what you're gonna do? Okay, you're still fired, don't you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you could You couldn't have telled me. You could have told me that at the facility. You could have told me that before I put this guydamn suit on and headed to the goddamn airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, Oh, Joe, honestly, this is what I think. I mean, it was tough because they had a lead and it was Fox that filed a gualt a three point shot and now it's a four point play. And he was kind of critical, and normally what happens. You don't criticize your superstar star player. Yeah, but they just if I'm not mistaken, ak, look this up. Didn't they just give him a contract extension to.
Speaker 1: June Gillian Fox?
Speaker 3: No, Mike Brown. Oh.
Speaker 2: A lot is being made about the comments about Darren Fox. Fox doesn't feel like the King's roster feels guilt following the Wow, I wouldn't use the word guilt.
Speaker 3: That's the nature of the job that we have.
Speaker 2: Obviously, him signing extension this summer, we thought we'd be together a whole lot longer, but that's the decision that they made.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, too, he's still getting paid. Wow.
Speaker 2: A great part of bigg an NBA playering being an NBA coach. Those things happened, but contracts are guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Wow. I don't think he's disappointed that Mike Brown got fired.
Speaker 1: No, no, not. And the fact that you mentioned money. Anytime money, money comes and play when mentioning someone's being fired, Well you shouldn't feel that bad because you still get to get paid anyway. Yeah, listen, that's the nature of the business, especially when it comes to basketball for players and coaches.
Speaker 2: But I felt bad, Yeah, I felt bad. Joy has happened to me twice. Let me tell you why I felt bad. Because I feel bad because I feel if I had done my job, the man still have his job. So for you not to feel any guilt, for you not to feel any reporse you don't feel that you could have done anything different to say this man job nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, the only only thing they can do is win and play better. That's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: But he said, don't have no guilt. So I mean, hey, I mean he's averaging twenty six points. I mean he's a phenomenal player. Yeah, I wish to Lake I all things being equal to the Lakers probably should have wait, no, probably, knowing what we know now, should have taken him over a Lonzo. But you know, Magic wanted a pass first point guard. H Fox is morely a score. But now what do they need scoring to go along with A D and Lebron? Now Lebron is out tonight. I think they're playing the King there are playing the kings. Uh A D and Austin Reeves and Ruin having outstanding games right now. But that's just me. But I mean, I'm I'm reading his and don't I don't like I just read it. He said, I wouldn't use the word guilt. That's the nature of the job that we have. Obviously, him signing his extension this summer, we thought we'd be together a whole lot longer. But that's the decision that they made. But at the end of the day, he's still getting paid, Like, oh, he getting paid, So so.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, why am I feeling bad about it?
Speaker 2: Because had you had played better, maybe, had you not filed that guy on that three point shot and you won that game, maybe he'd have his job for another day or another week and then maybe you guys turn around, you're going to winning streak and he's still with the been. But that's not to hear. Note that we'll never know. Ojoe, Oh Joe. Check this out. Billionaire Tyler Perry reveals that his son only gets books and legos for Christmas, and it's only allowed to fly commercial until he understands that I work, and he does not. I think you, I think your son is what ten? I was a son ten twelve years ten years old?
Speaker 1: That is that is that it's not a bad thing? Is it not a bad thing?
Speaker 3: Books and legos? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But read? Yeah, read?
Speaker 2: So that's that's so. So if somebody want to gave you for Christmas, you get books and legos.
Speaker 1: You know, you know Tyler is exaggerating a little bit.
Speaker 3: We just read what I said.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you're getting you You're getting your child, You're getting your ten and I have the oldest son a daughter. Maybe you know you're getting the more than you know books and legos. I know you're getting more than that.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a lot, he told it.
Speaker 1: I also understand the lessons about flying commercial. I like that, he said the precedent you're not You're not gonna be spoiled when when your time does come, you need to understand the value of a dollar that'said my grandma. That grandma is still letting me early.
Speaker 2: Now let me ask your question, how do how do have you seen seen tyler parent's home? Yeah, a hundred million dollars. That's how you live a hundred million dollar home and you're not spoiled? You think you think Tyler getting up in cooking breakfast or is mom's cooking breakfast?
Speaker 3: Cooking breakfast a shell? You think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Who? You think?
Speaker 2: You think he has security? So when he go someplace, you think they got security security. So how do you not be how do you not be spoiled in that environment?
Speaker 1: You know what and when you're in that environment, and Tyler Perry understands what it took to get to get to that environment, to be able to get a hundred bion dollar house. The work you have to put in and do it, and you want to make sure you're instilled that in your child, so your child then become lazy and dependent on you, so when you're no longer around, they able to function for themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, the kind of money Tyler got, well he no longer around, he gonna be straight. You know, I know he's Let me ask you a question, oyo. Yeah, when you growing up, did you have heated toilets?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, I bet you he got him what you want to man, probably so I didn't have no garage when I grew up. How many how many star garage do you think Tyler Perr has home had five, six, ten? How many rooms you think the house one hundred million dollar rooms on a hundred million dollar house?
Speaker 3: How many rooms you think?
Speaker 2: And they got a private landing strip so he can land his jet right out there in the in the front yard.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Get the gist of this. But but ojo, you can't insteal that in a child. At the end of the day, child's gonna we want to do it or he does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, you know, I don't know how the saying goes, but uh, training the child up in the way I.
Speaker 3: Said, you know, child, and the way you'd have him to go, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta do you got to you gotta do what you do, do the best you can. You know, once they turn thirteen and everything, that's that's it ain't no, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: He probably you know, he don't understand hard work. Godparents, Oprah Winfrey. She ain't got no money sincely Tyson, who's who's recently passed away.
Speaker 3: I think she was ninety nine years of age.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do.
Speaker 3: But I get the gist of what he's trying to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 3: But it's just hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard when uh, you know what I want this and the chef goes in there and fix ships it up.
Speaker 3: Right? You want Frede Chopes, You want an Eggs Benedict.
Speaker 2: Uh, you want a waffle fresh made out by the ass, not no box, not no ego, not there's any thing wrong with ego. But he probably even press wopples where they turned got the machine and they.
Speaker 3: Turned it upside down and make sure gut on both sides on joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eric, Yeah, I understand what Tyler's doing, especially no Tyler story where you come from, what he went through to get to where he is. I kind of get it though.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for the last segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A The Grab the show. Aaron Owen says Riley Moss got cooked this week?
Speaker 3: Up who they?
Speaker 2: If your team lost this week? I don't want to hear you say foot or ball? Didn't you see the Rick Ravens win on Wednesday? Did you not see that? Listen, Hey, don't do that. Don't do that. Don't know what you are. You are Denver Bronco. You're Denver Bronco.
Speaker 1: You spoo, you spend most of your career as a Denver Bronco. So you cannot say foot or ball at the what happened tonight yesday? Matter of fact?
Speaker 2: Because past, let me ask your question. Had you won that Super Bowl ring with the with the Patriots? You're gonna say what you're gonna say? You ain't no Patriot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I didn't contribute to that ring at all.
Speaker 3: You did you called a touchdown that year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You called a key first down?
Speaker 1: Did I did too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh oh sanity, And don't Joe's voice. I better down here? You say foot or ball? Better yet? I beten down here. The letters F or B come out of your mouth. I should have never said, boy, y'all won't care. I should have never said that. I should have left that alone and just saved that it. Just told you that in private. Now, that's all that's on my timeline.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, Hey, that's a new shirt, right then, that's a new slogan for his shirt. But then I say, foot a ball.
Speaker 2: Uh, Scooty Puff said, keep that same energy for both knicks. I n T laid in the fourth quarter as the burroh All season said, with your chest down. Yeah, y'all saw me, No you can't. That's what happened when you predetermined he predetermined where he would go. He didn't read that because if he had read it, he just saw Pratty got up underneath it.
Speaker 3: He predetermined, I'm throwing this over ball to a sudden no matter what, No matter what, he didn't read it.
Speaker 1: Pratt picked that thing right off.
Speaker 2: Yes, King Winn said, since uh eight since eight wins a since since winter wins and lost with the QB stat let me ask your question, it is that's the only that's the only position that get credit for wins. Who's the all time winning at quarterback Tom Brady. They've always been that's always been. Oh, Joe, I'll tell you what when the last time you say a tight end or wide receiver has twenty come from behind wins?
Speaker 3: Never who they give that statue, the quarterback. They've always given it to the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not like all of a sudden we're changing the rule to say wins are a quarterback stats. They've always done it, boys, That's why Tom Brady. Wait, you see, so when this Patrick Mahomes get in the playoffs, you will see most post season playoff wins. And you not go see that for a offensive lineman. You not go see that for a defensive tackle. You not go see that for a tight end or wide receiver. You're gonna see that for coaches and quarterbacks. It's not new, guys, it's really not. I get it.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow's having a phenomenal season.
Speaker 2: He is, But wins have always gone on the quarterbacks resume and the more you win and they double come playoff time.
Speaker 3: We're not making this up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, uh, that team stat of eight straight weeks or two fifty pass and the three touchdown me on the lead territory Lamar's specially, but Burt he's dragging the team. So, I mean with seven losses, though, so what are we gonna What are we gonna do? I mean, they don't give They don't give wins and losses to any other position other than the quarterback.
Speaker 3: They've always done that, guys, I don't know what. Look and I get.
Speaker 2: It, y'all, Like Joe, Joe, you're probably from Cincinnati, or you're LSU or you're Joe Burrow fan, and I get it. But they've always given wins and losses to the quarterbacks. Oh, Joe, you know that.
Speaker 1: That was definitely definitely yeah. I just told I don't like the fact that it comes up when a quarterback, like the quarterback like Joe or whoever it might have been putting up the number he's putting up, and the one thing that keeps him out of the conversation is the fact that you've had, you know, the losses you do.
Speaker 2: Y'all, Remember those great seasons where Kobe was putting up those numbers, but they were losing and he ain't getting no MVP. Y'all remember that, Yeah, that's what happens that Hell, I remember when Matthew Stafford through he went eleven to five, and he through for five thousand yards and he ain't getting no MVP.
Speaker 3: Y'all see what y'all trying to do.
Speaker 2: Is that y'all trying to make it seem like this is an isolated of the bit that there's never been in the history of the game. Hel Patrick Mahomes had thirty eighty six and he went thirteen eighty three and didn't win. Aaron Rodgers wonted. God, this has happened before. Hell, Dan Marino threw forty four touchdowns one year and didn't win MVP. Damn they gave it. They didn't give it to him. I'm just saying because I think Dad won. I think Dad was nine and seven. But we got to stop this notion that, Oh, since when did wins become a quarterback? Stat always most win through the first five years of a start. Mahame most win most. That's what they do. Coaches, the wins and losses go on, the coaches and quarterbacks resume, right, who has the most wins of the wide receiver, Who has the most wins of the tight end, Who has the most wins of the dB? You couldn't tell me, but I bet y'all know who has the most wins all time wins of the quarterback, who has the most all time wins of the coach, who has the most all time wins of the general manager? Guys, this is not new, It's really not. Joe has had a phenomenal season. But I think it's gonna be extremely hard with seven losses, considering how well Lamar is playing with five losses, how considering how well Josh Allen is playing with three losses. Right, Jared Golf with two losses, I just I think it's just gonna be hard for him to get it. That's Jared Rice has the most hit by wide receiver one ninety four, which you never heard. Jason Witten has the most career wins by tight end one fifty. Darryl Green has the most career wins dB one S two. You ever heard those stats before?
Speaker 1: Joe, Yes, sir no.
Speaker 2: But Tom Brady, how many top briends Tom Brady got two something, most win by coach Don Shuler, second most wins UH coach Belichick. And then you probably have to go like Tom Land or something. But it's always been that guy. It's always I'm not making up any new news. I'm not breaking making up anything, but wins and losses has always been stole bestowed because that's how we judge quarterbacks, when's and losses, and especially come playoff time. Kwan said, can Josh Yallen do what he's doing in the AFC North? He doesn't have two guys, so now we gotta transplant guys.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 2: Do you believe I believe Joe's operating his system. You're not gonna go ask Joe to do what to do what he's doing in Baltimore because that's a totally different system.
Speaker 1: He completely different, completely different.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna ask.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna ask uh Joe to go run Josh Allen's system because Josh brother totally different system.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna ask Joe Burn to run no quarterback power.
Speaker 2: Ye, they're not asking and they're not asking Joe to runs on read like Lamar does it.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: It is okay, y'all. Make it seem like Joe is in the last year and he's retiring. He's gonna have other years to potentially win the.
Speaker 1: MVP, right, He's gonna be gonna win one.
Speaker 3: Yes, how old is Joe twenty seven twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Because he stayed five years, right, so he probably was twenty three when he came out.
Speaker 3: So he's older than Lamar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe. So I'm not sure Joe I old. Joe is.
Speaker 2: He just turned twenty eight and Lamar is twenty seven. Yeah, he turned twenty in on December tenth. I think Lamar is just twenty seven. Mahomes is twenty nine. But you know, Joe was read s er. He transferred and so he stayed in you know, he stayed in school a little longer. He was better had he come out at this junior year, he's probably the third or fourth round pick. He goes back and have the greatest season ever for a college quarterback, and he goes number one overall.
Speaker 1: That was that was that was a great season.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a pretty good turn off. O.
Speaker 2: Joe spent an extra year in college and become the number one overall pick as opposed to leave it early and been a third or fourth or maybe in a fifth round pick because he did not have a good junior season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he lived up to those expectations too. He had what he is living up to them.
Speaker 2: Yes, Lamar Robinson said, they unko, yo, depressed Giants fan here the size of exorcism. What do the Giants need to do better to do to be better as a team?
Speaker 1: Has got to start with getting the quarterback first, he said, get him.
Speaker 3: You got to get your Giants fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once you get a quarterback, everything becomes so much easier because all we do is you build and put pieces around that quarterback and you go from there until you get that boy. It's gonna be a hell bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you got a great piece. I like neighbors. He's phenomenal. Yeah, gotta you gotta show up that offensive line. I mean, y'all, y'r y'all a couple of years away, because y'all, y'all more y'all.
Speaker 3: A quarterback is a great start.
Speaker 2: But y'all, y'all, some pieces, y'all, about five or six players away.
Speaker 3: M hm, about five or six players away.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen. It's just gonna it's gonna be over.
Speaker 2: Time, though, little Steelers, hurricane you football organ said unkin Ocho. Where do you see cav wore going in the twenty twenty five draft? This is what we know. We know the Giants need a quarterback. We know the Raiders need a quarterback. We know the Saints need a quarterback. We know Tennessee need a quarterback.
Speaker 3: The question.
Speaker 2: Don't really need a quarterback, but they might need to start looking because this is what we know, O Joe.
Speaker 1: The Saints, Okay, okay, okay, Derek.
Speaker 3: Carr gets nicked every year.
Speaker 2: And he either missed time during the season or he misses the large part of the time that taking wipes this season out right. But Tennessee, the Giants, the Raiders, they absolutely need a quarterback.
Speaker 3: The Jets, the Jets need to think about a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Also, every every every team you just named, they have to do something. If they're about the pea and changing, changing.
Speaker 2: The Cleveland, Cleveland needs to think about one. Also, Yeah, because Baltimore is straight since it's Straightsburg, and you think Pittsburgh because they got rushed. They got justin AFC West bo Nickson, set Merburn is set, Kansas City is set. So Raiders, you need something. AFC South India set Houston has said, Jags are set. Tennessee, you not set, right, go to the NFC. North Green Bay is set back, Detroit is set. Minnesota what they double set. They double said, Chicago set. They got Caleb Williams. Okay, let's go to the let's go to o' cho say wants to go to the NFC West. You got the Rams set, Cardinals set. Who else it the forty nine ers, So you got forty nine ers in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Rock and getting ready to get paid.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, Gino you want to you know, I mean Gino is like fifth and passing yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big from mcdad.
Speaker 2: They went to the playof They right down, but on the hunt again this year, So I think they're set. So now you got the NFC South, Tampa set, Carolina set. They ain't drafted the quarterback. Atlanta just drafted one in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: So but only a few spots now, yeah, and so you got Miami Miami, Miami don't need a quarterback. Uh who else in the ALCE Buffalo doesn't need a quarterback.
Speaker 3: So you got the Jets and the Patriots.
Speaker 2: The Patriots just selected one man. So I think it's gonna now just because the team maybe somebody's maybe somebody zoom up the border said hey, we want to draft the quarterback for the future because we don't believe the quarterbacks coming out the next two to three years or better than what what what's eligible right now? Oh Joe, mm hmm. Hell, we didn't see Andy Reid zoomer Hey, Alice Smith ha just telled him to the playoffs. Andy Reid goes up seventeenth spots, sixteenth spots to get a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Boom. Yeah, so you never never know. Puzz it, Dylan Grabriel.
Speaker 2: It's only a few touchdowns from rebreaking the record, which will make calv Ward. Look hella dump look look, oh joy. We discussed this a little earlier. Oh, Jo and I we're in accordance. We wouldn't have done what he did, but this young man did what he did. We don't know why he did it. I'm just gonna trust this judgment. That's not what I've done. Either I'm sitting out or I'm playing, but I'm not gonna start the game and then.
Speaker 3: Come out the second half finish. That's not what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just hard for me to believe o' show that he's like, Okay, I got the record knowing that Gabriel is coming behind him, but who knows. And then there it's just it's not good. Look, but he did it, Fuzzy. I don't know why he did it, but that's the decision that he made. That's a decision that he's gonna have to live with. And your large last college game won't.
Speaker 1: Yo. Yeah, man, Yeah, I ain't going out like that. Not me.
Speaker 2: I'm not going out like that. But hey, Evan, Bursty. Since when has strength of a roster been a part of MVP evaluations? Look at Kurt waner roster, Look at Peyton Manning's roster, Look at Tom Brady's roster when he had Moss Mahomes had Reek in eighty seven.
Speaker 3: So who are.
Speaker 2: We looking at? I guess this is this about? Is this about Lamar? And I think we went through that the other day. We went through that. Edrin had fifteen hundred and forty eight yards rushing, And you're right. He won an MVP with Reggie, he won an MVP with Marvin Hassen and stokely as is wide out.
Speaker 3: He won in Denver. He had who did he have?
Speaker 2: He had dt Damarius Thomas rest his soul. He had Eric Decker, he had Julius Thomas, he had Wes Welker, had no Sea Marino, so boy with loaded they were and as he mentioned, you mentioned Kurt Warner. Kurt had Oz, he had Tory Holt, he had Isaac Bruce, he had Reggae Ray, he had excuse me, Marshall. Marshall was Offensive Player of the Year for like three years of Row eighty one A the MVP.
Speaker 3: So I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Trudy Lauren said, Hey, Shay and o Joe, have you seen sixty eight eighty eight movie by Tyler Perry.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts? I have not.
Speaker 1: I have not seen it either.
Speaker 3: Is it good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, shoot, listen, I've been to Tyler Tyler Perry fan since this the stage plays.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the state was gonna Belie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't. I haven't had the opportunity to go to watch anything. Speaking of speaking of something watching stuff, you you watch square games?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I would like to watch a lot more things if they stopped bringing bowld games in NFL.
Speaker 3: Football on TV.
Speaker 2: I mean, now we seem like I've been watching games or watch game Monday, watch games Wednesday, watch game Thursday, watch games, Uh, Saturday, got to guess what got games against Sunday games against Monday uh, and then we got basketball, then we got the bowl game. Were about to have you know, uh the college football playoff by the crank back up. Uh As said it was great. Maybe we'll watch you do a nightcap move and reviews. Sometimes I like, I like that, what what what it?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: I ain't got no money. Well, I got you, I got I got you Netflix account. Ash, it's not it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta Well, if you didn't watch the first one, I don't know if you're gonna be lost watching the second one.
Speaker 2: But I guess what I was talking about the time Perry play oh six movie? Okay, yeah, I said, I got ash Netflix account, so and she'd be watching trash movies too. Actually it's called it's called six Triple eight. Oh, that's what the movie is called, six Triple eight. Okay, shows what I know. And I try to watch a lot of stuffer stuff. But who you need to let me know there's something that we're gonna talk about, so I can watch it other than that what we're gonna talk about on here. I watched a past your hall said unkin on you. I recently turned twenty nine. On the twenty third of this month, and I was wondering if you two have any advice for a man approaching his thirties wanted to start a career at a family. What you mean start a career, start a career now family, I get, bro, you twenty nine?
Speaker 3: What the hell you mean start a family?
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to figure out what you did from the time your early twenties till now.
Speaker 1: You haven't use out there having fun on use it, use it having fun.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can have fun, but you have to understand. What about a career You gotta start. You gotta start that. I mean, it ain't never too late to start, but yeah, but.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 2: But you don't start thinking about a career at twenty nine. Yeah, you might now start the career by I mean, okay, let's just say, oh, Joe, you were doing something, but that's not what you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's different different, But you gotta get you got you gotta get. You got to be able to separate the two though, Yes, career, do the career, get your feet wet in the career, then get the fail didn't get the family? Yeah, yeah, gotta get it. Got harder that career rolling a little bit, man, get some consistency. First, family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I ain't gonna tell you how to live your life. You can do it however you want to. But it's a lot easier if you got a career and to get a family. Then get a family and try to find a career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, past, you got to get on the ball.
Speaker 3: Bro after the bag.
Speaker 2: Anytime a woman says we need to talk, either y'all break it up or you're in big trouble.
Speaker 1: True boy, listen to you. That's us three words you don't want to hear. But that's for my bad. Yeah, we got we get the gist of what you were saying. She wanted to talk and you and you don't want to listen. And I tell you if you bring you that phone and show you that phone, who is this? Who?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe? Cuse you don't have an a you get amnesia?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hold on, you start squeazing. Man, I don't know I ain't ever seen him phone. Yeah, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: That is what you said. That is what you're saying right here. Oh how man, somebody somebody somebody in a photo shop my phone?
Speaker 3: Okay, bad?
Speaker 1: Hey, I remember them days in high school and college?
Speaker 3: That what you like? Why you go with my phone? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember them day.
Speaker 3: But it is always we need to talk. What okay? That? Oh Joe? Can I ask you something? NOA mm hm.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember them days, Joe, Saja says, stay with me now and I get a birthday shout out, but lated December twenty seven, one of your favorite supporters since CBS and NFL broadcast today. Absolutely Joe, thank you so much, Bro, appreciate that. Happy belated birthday. Never too late to get a birthday. We normally hear. We normally go like three to five days after that is too late. We get you next time around. We ain't been to be. We ain't been to be. No, three months past your birthday. To my man, my birthday was in March and here we are and we are in May. That little bit too lest a little bit too late. But Joe, happy birthday, man, hopefully. I mean, Bro, you got a lot going on. Got Christmas birthday? That's sad for you because you know, you get one gift and it's a Christmas present a birthday. So I feel sorry for people that got December birthdays, especially close around Christmas, old Christmas because oh yeah, I got you a Christmas gift that no Christmas gift that birthday because you got it in Christmas wrapping paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I I want both.
Speaker 3: Dylan Mitchell said, can you give me a shout out?
Speaker 2: I'm a spinal cord injured survivor and intense recovery from Mississippi. Dylan, keep your head up, bro, checking us one step at a time, one day at a time, and believe that you are going to walk again, that you're gonna be the old Dylan that you once were, that wohend that you didn't unforeseen incident happened against what Sunshine follows rain and Dylan, you're going to walk again.
Speaker 1: Praying for you.
Speaker 3: Oh he got oh he oh?
Speaker 2: I thought he said, oh so he got MS multiple sclerosis?
Speaker 3: Who Dylan, I'm trying to think. Do I know somebody that had that? Is? Is it curable? Ash mm hmm. Dylan. We're praying for you, bro. Yes, sir, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's it's tough to be something one day and then have to and then your life is altered the next. And we at Nightcap, the family here at Nightcap, Bro, you our sincere thoughts and prayers go out to you, bro, because I can just do I can only imagine what you must be thinking, what you must be going through, what your family is thinking, what they're going through. So I don't even know if I have the words, and I'm pretty good with words, and I don't even know if I have the words, But all I can say is.
Speaker 3: That, Bro, we're here, We're with you.
Speaker 2: Stay strong in your spirits and then your thoughts, and just continue to be the best dealing and pray and hopefully you find comfort. But sorry, sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but we believe in you, and we believe that you're going to pull through this clutch. Conversation Podcasts says, what advice do you have for small podcasters between love the show advice. It's a lot of work, bro, and it all depends because I don't really know when you said, I don't really know what type of podcasting that you do. I don't know if you're sports involved, if it's sports related, because you know, sports happen on holidays, sports happened on the weekends. Basically, sports said, Loole, it's year round, don't Joe. It used to be, you know, football is it is year round. You know, you got basketball, so one thing leads into other. Now we don't really cover a whole lot of the other sports. We're mainly focused on football and basketball. Now we've kind of gotten to the the you know, track and field because the Olympics and the World Championships, which I really like that.
Speaker 3: But I think the thing is that hard work, find.
Speaker 2: Your niche, whatever that you're going to do, and just become just become addicted to the grind. Get people that are all also addicted as much as you are to the grind, and just try to be the best Immerse yourself and what you're trying to do, what you're trying to accomplish. Read a lot, but I've surrounded myself with really good people. I am not the smartest person in the room. I think I'm like third and there are only three people in the room. So I feel good about that. I feel really good about that. But I think clutch that's it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta start small. I mean everybody started small. Everybody started Nobody really started at the top of the food chain. But it's a gradual climb. It's the work in workout, day by day. One subscriber ten subscribers. But it's all about creating great content. Make people want to listen to what you have to say, Make people talk about what you're having to say. Hey, man, did you hear that podcast Clutch Conversation podcast? Man, they had been some interesting conversation. They talked about this so forth and so on. So that would be my advice that I would give you. Make people talk about you, Make people want to listen to you, make people want to see you, download what you have to say, Make people want to share what the content that you're creating. Damn oh here, I was trying to be on here for like an hour. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite on I'm down, but I ain't out. Keep hope alive, Keep hope alive. Make sure you hit that subscribe button, Make sure you hit that like button. The happy Guy Liberty City is legend being a ring of fame montery. He's so happy, He's so so happy. But I will have the last laugh. Those who laughed last laugh loudest being a ring of fan montery. The Pro Bowl, the All Pro that's Chad Oh Chyo Sinko Johnson again, make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that light button. Go tell family, friends and loved ones to do Likewise, make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and thank you so much for your support and you'll continue support and beyond. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in a stock Holidays are pun us. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it, we'll ship it directly to your home. Guess what I need you to do me as solid please please drake responsibly. Check out my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out, and my media company that's Shape Shaped Media. But my clothing company is eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We got shirts sweats that just dropped last month, as well as stock and stuffers such as beanies, coosies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so make sure you grab yours wild supplies last either one. Everyone should have received orders Monday Tuesday. Obviously, Wednesday was the holiday, Thursday Friday and Saturday. Let us know that you received your orders, let us know what you think of the merchant that you orders, and we want to thank you again for your support. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans, our first spring tour stop, are on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. It's February sixth in New Orleans. Be there great guests lined up for you. You don't want to miss this one, Mack, and we've been nominated for two sports podcasts awards, Best American Football Podcast and Best Sports Comedy Podcast. Please go vote the Lincolns in the chat pen, on our social pages and in our social bios. Cardinals defeat the Rams thirteen to nine, and if they win next week, they win the NFC West and secure home fields a home playoff game the Bengals. Behind Joe Burrows four hundred and twelve yards and three touchdowns All Dad, I'll tell you a minute, the Bengals keep their slim playoff hopes alive, and with a fourth quarter win thanks to Joe Burrow four hundred plus yards passing three touchdowns all the t Higgins as they beat the Broncos thirty to twenty four. Now they just need the Broncos to lose next week. They need the Dolphins or Indy to lose, lose one of their last two games, and they make the playoffs. But if the Broncos win, it does not matter which the Broncos will win, and so it won't matter. Chargers clinch a playoff spot with a forty to seven she lacking over the New England Patriots on the road Byu demolished the number twenty three Colorado Buffalo's by the score of thirty six to fourteen. This was Shuduor Sanders and Travis Hunters last game is Buffalo's. They didn't go out the way they wanted, but they got to feel real proud of the rich new tradition that they've established in Colorado. Cam Ward since the Division one mark with one hundred and fifty six touchdown passes in his career, but he doesn't come out for the second half. I'm sure that's something that's going to be talked about over the next couple of days. The Browns and Deshaun Watson have agreed to a restructured contract. Eric Dickerson is not wanting sa Quan to break his record Sacramento Kings fired Mike Brown over the phone as he was on his way to the flight to go head to LA for the Kings to face the Lakers. That's night cap four you. Thank you guys for joining us, Thank you for staying up late. We'll see you tomorrow after Sunday Night football. I'm unk, he's ocho. We're out.
Speaker 1: I love you. The volume