Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is mick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: It's an overcast, rather drizzly Wednesday. Here inside the SWBC podcast studio. We are safe and sound, and this is micshots on a National Signing Day edition of Micshots. Do you don't realize today is the college national Signing Day. This is the day that high school seniors across the nation sign on the dotted line with the first of the three colleges they will attend the next three years.
Speaker 5: And they can't decommit after they sign. That's all I read about this morning.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Two Missouri guys from this area de committed to A and M A M.
Speaker 6: Tatum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of.
Speaker 5: Course that's more money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all this will make you feel better, Mickey. I've got in front of me the Jacksonville State sightings and so.
Speaker 5: You got, you got.
Speaker 2: I was almost not listening to.
Speaker 5: Do you have el Corn?
Speaker 2: I can look up?
Speaker 6: Okay, what happened.
Speaker 5: If I had said el Corn instead of Jackson State. Would that have been funny? Well, it's the wrong school.
Speaker 2: It's more like a Corn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, con Okay, all cons it's el Corn.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Corn.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that don't wind him up today.
Speaker 5: Please, do you understand that you're doing it? You get if you get the wrong school, you get the wrong school. It has nothing to do with Jackson State. As the court went back, I covered more Jackson Steak than you played there.
Speaker 2: All right, I was just I was really not listed today until you.
Speaker 5: Get your and don't make a mistake the rest of the week like Bill did yesterday. Okay, we don't have mistakes on this.
Speaker 6: Year, that's right.
Speaker 4: I did see Jacksonville State signed Austin Eckler's cousin.
Speaker 2: The white guy.
Speaker 7: He went to a black school, the white running back from bathroom.
Speaker 5: See you guys, you guys put a hex on him because he got hurt.
Speaker 2: He got hurt. Before we start in messing with you about that.
Speaker 5: It was after.
Speaker 6: You got the Mickey eggs.
Speaker 5: The cowboys were too powerful mon Clark. He might still be laying there after Clark hit.
Speaker 6: All right, we move on. We're moving on to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Do we have to do? We have to stuff all right?
Speaker 4: Well, makey it's a busy day because it's back to here.
Speaker 5: We have a one oh five press conference we can all attend. By the way, we got a two oh five practice and a three oh five press conference.
Speaker 6: You know what okay?
Speaker 5: Open locker, I mean open locker real Yeah, practice one hour sounds that way. It was going to be an abbreviated practice since they hadn't they got an extra two days this week.
Speaker 4: You know what else is happening?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: So McCarthy's doing his press conference at one oh five and then.
Speaker 6: Practices at two o five.
Speaker 4: Okay. He's also on serious NFL radio at one thirty with his former quarterback Rich Gannon. I was driving in today and they were teasing the fact that Mike McCarthy is joining them at.
Speaker 5: We have to listen to them.
Speaker 4: At Kansas City when he was at Kansas City and with Schottenheimer. It's okay, he was at Gannaways at Kansas City and then he wound up being the NFL MVP with the Raiders after Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, anyway.
Speaker 5: Is that the one they blamed, uh the coach for changing the game plan? Before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: With the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, so macarthy, We're going to get a lot of McCarthy today, all right. Okay, so a little later scheduled in normal, And the reason for that is it's a different week, squeak, because it's a Monday night game.
Speaker 5: It's the many bye. They come off there as long as possible, that's right.
Speaker 4: That's why they do it in the afternoon today instead.
Speaker 5: Since they played two games in five days, and one them both after not winning for five and they're right back in the hunt.
Speaker 2: Right back. Well, come on, man, that's what it says. I got in the hunt. I'm looking at everybody here.
Speaker 4: Are you really?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are back in the hunt.
Speaker 5: They have San Francisco in the hunt.
Speaker 4: At five and seven. Also, yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: So I went through everybody's schedule. Okay, seven teams have to fill three spots. Somebody's got to win the NFC West. Yet, somebody's got to win the South. We're going to give Philadelphia and Detroit the other two diss Okay, So there's seven teams they got. Everybody's got five games left to play. There's four fourteen games that these seven teams have to play against. Each other, so there's got to be fourteen more losses. Right.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is interesting, high level stuff.
Speaker 5: So see, I'm here, you're with me, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So Washington's ahead for the third wild Card eight and five, Seattle's ahead for the West at seven and five, and then there's three six and six teams, and then the Cowboys in San Francisco at five and seven. So I figured out that there's fourteen games between those teams that have yet to be played. So somebody's got to lose, right, So there's a lot of losing that's got to take grice.
Speaker 2: And it will happen.
Speaker 5: So the advice to the Cowboy is just worry about yourself and win as many as you can.
Speaker 8: And the fact that you stay focused throughout all of this adversity. I think it's a testament to them, even though they're still not the team that they want to be. What you expect this time of year. If a team's going to make a move, you want them to make it. Definitely, you wanted to make it superbly, I guess, for lack of other words. In other words, don't make the mistake because you I'm sorry, don't don't look at playing a team and saying, well, they're just going to make more mistakes than we make. Right, we need to be a team that. Okay, from here on out, we need to be a solid team. We need to be a team that doesn't have many penalties, doesn't make many mistakes, not many turnovers. That needs to be our charge to ourselves from here on, because the games we've been winning is just because the other team was worse than we were.
Speaker 2: That's the way I've seen it. That's exactly what I mean.
Speaker 8: They tried to they tried to give us the game, but we tried to give them the game, but they refused it.
Speaker 2: They gave it back to us. That's the way that was.
Speaker 8: I want us to be a team at this point to where we're not making the mistakes. Right now, we're just making fewer mistakes than the other team. I'd rather we be a team that makes no mistakes and march forward with worried about just us and how we play, not how badly the opponent plays.
Speaker 5: So the Cowboys have two games against that group of seven. We got to play Tampa Bay and Washington. Now I know they got to play Eagles, but they're not in the discussion. I think if they win one more game, they clinch the NFC East or they clinch a playoffs playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they may need some helpful on those lines. Detroit tomorrow night plays Green Bay. What a nice way to kick off this weekend with that game. And Detroit can clinch a playoff spot with a win or tie tomorrow night. Right, Kansas City or Buffalo already clinched their division this past week.
Speaker 5: We just saw a crawler. So that was the earliest clinch five games to go.
Speaker 4: Since whenever Kansas City has clinched the playoffs. But they can clinch their division this weekend with a.
Speaker 5: Win, right, So none of that has anything to do with the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: When you're talking about now December football, I was just looking up. You want to be playing your best at the end of the season, yes, okay, you.
Speaker 5: Want to streak into the playoffs. Tom Landery used.
Speaker 4: To say, all right, so the Cowboys last year, what was their record after December first? Regular season record after December first? Four and oh they went no. Three and two, three and two. They weren't exactly streaking into the playoffs. And what happened in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: What were the losses though?
Speaker 4: Hey what it was Miami right? Or back to back Buffalo and Miami. Yeah, yeap so two teams both on the road, on the road, and they were.
Speaker 6: Opponents playoff teams.
Speaker 4: Right. In twenty two, after December first, the Cowboys were four and two losses that Jacksonville game on the road in overtime and Raysheawn Jenkins pick six and then well the last one was at Washington the last game they right, so scratch that they were four and one, okay, And in twenty one they were five and one after December first, with the only loss coming second to last week at home against Arizona twenty five two.
Speaker 5: I can't even remember that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of those weird games.
Speaker 4: So basically seven last three games, I'm adding it up the last three years in December in meaningful games. Take out that one that was a meaningless game at Washington. Twelve and four record for the Cowboys in December. Do you want to win seventy five percent of your games?
Speaker 5: So are all five games now in December? Is one in January?
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm not saying I don't the game in January this year, Yeah, there's one in January, the last one. But I'm talking, yeah, including the January games on there. Yeah, after December first, that's what that entails. So I yet five games left at that same pace. Essentially, if you were a playoff pace would be going four and one in these last five.
Speaker 5: That's basically what they have to do to have a chance. And they can't imagine anybody to win that third wild card game going eight and nine. That wouldn't mean Washington would have to lose out.
Speaker 2: I don't see a game in January. What what the Washington game? The fifth? Yeah, that's January. For some reason, I don't have it at all on it, But go ahead.
Speaker 5: Because you're calling the red.
Speaker 2: I know why I don't have it. It's not there, and.
Speaker 6: You're looking at it.
Speaker 4: By the way, for those that watching, he's looking at his phone.
Speaker 6: It's not like he's he's got one of those.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, I did not have me to give you the little card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because usually on those that you buy what are those called just a calendar that you buy at the schedule, No, I'm talking at an office depot or whatever, you know, the old school calendars. They usually they give you January too, on the next year they did. Man, it's like a thirteen month calendar.
Speaker 8: So it's uh, it's at home against Washington, Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 4: And the goal is to make it a meaningful game.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: If you make that a meaningful game and you beat Washington, it might be for a final wild Guard spot.
Speaker 6: That's the goal.
Speaker 5: Because the teams, the teams ahead of the Cowboys, the three of them are six and six, So it's only one.
Speaker 4: Game and one of them is Tampa Bay, who you are going.
Speaker 5: To play, right, and then the other one's Washington.
Speaker 6: And then the others.
Speaker 4: The other two are the Cardinals and the Rams, who are playing in that tight NFC West where they've got so many games against each other that.
Speaker 5: So Washington has the Saints, the Eagles, the Falcons, and the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: There and they're off this way failing on at four left, say again, Saints.
Speaker 5: Saints, Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys. So they got to play two teams back to back that are in that group of seven.
Speaker 4: And right now they are eight and five, and so you need them to go one in three in their.
Speaker 5: Last you got to be one of those three and.
Speaker 4: And yeah, right, well, and that would get make them nine and eight, and if the Cowboys went four and one, they'd be nine and eight. And if it's as head to head tie with Washington, then the Cowboys would have the tiebreaker on them by beating them twice.
Speaker 5: See, and the teams that have the toughest inner of those seven, the Rams have to play the Niners, Jets, Cards, and Seahawks. So they got to play three three division games. Oh, they got the Bills too, by the way, So the Rams have to play three division games.
Speaker 4: What were they again, Bills.
Speaker 5: Niners, Jets, Cards, and Seahawks. So yeah, so there's a bunch of losses that got to happen there. And the same thing with Arizona Seahawks, Patriots, Panthers, Rams, and Niners.
Speaker 4: Well they're non division games, or should be done for them.
Speaker 5: You should have two, right, although.
Speaker 4: The Panthers are playing better in that way are and then by the way, the Cowboys play the right.
Speaker 2: Of course on the road. On the road, they're looking pretty good.
Speaker 4: Interesting on Bryce Young because he's uh, you know, after his rookie season was out on him and even even his own team was out on him. And Andy Dalton was starting games up until mid season, and now here in the last month, Bryce Young is after a respite, is back out there and he's I haven't actually watched him, but just looking at the way they've fared in games, he's playing better apparently.
Speaker 5: Well, it has a lot to do with the rest of that team and what they were trying to do too. They didn't have much around them. Well, but maybe up for him.
Speaker 8: The defense is stepping up for him. They're holding it down until he's able to make some plays. And that's all the looking young quarterback needs.
Speaker 4: You see the headline on the NFL network right now, Well that's a shock Dak Prescott. Of course, Mike McCarthy return in twenty twenty five. Do you want to get into that when mix Shots continues at a moment.
Speaker 7: If you choose to, if we mustle all right, we're going to get into that, or we'll get into whatever is on Mickey's legal pad and when mix Shots continues at a moment.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a Team Hotel, Attend the best tail gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Kitchen schlid with the first down.
Speaker 9: Investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demic shuts.
Speaker 4: Alrighty celebrate Christmas at the Star.
Speaker 8: Hoday season at at and T Stadium. Get a two of the Home of Get the two of the Home of the Dallas Cowboys plus your photo with Santa and Missus Claus from December tenth through the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Limited inventory is available.
Speaker 8: Secure your tickets today at a T T stadium dot com slash tours.
Speaker 4: So he's going to be at AT and T Stadium to a T and T Stadium, So he's gonna make his way from the Star in Frisco. He's only doing the Star in Frisco on Fridays and Saturdays.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, But they got help and he's going to take right.
Speaker 2: Here and he's going on over the AT and T Stadium Stadium.
Speaker 4: By the way, we get a Big Twelve Championship game at AT and T Stridium this Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 5: Is that some of you playing in it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, they're not in the Big Twelve.
Speaker 4: They're in the a c C Championship game on Saturday night against Clemson. But it's Iowa State and Arizona State and the Big Twelve championship game on which I think it's interesting that Iowa State happens.
Speaker 8: Is not a matchup I was expecting to say, that's so unstable.
Speaker 4: Ioways State in Arizona.
Speaker 2: We just got what happened to.
Speaker 5: The days of Oklahoma Nebraska Johnny ro that's right. It was my way to get out of Thanksgiving Day meal at house.
Speaker 4: It was the game of the century nineteen seventy one. Yeah, that game clip, that clip on the punt return.
Speaker 2: Okay, you remember it.
Speaker 6: You remember the clip, don't you?
Speaker 2: The clippers.
Speaker 8: I got older when it when it was when I was a kid when it happened. You know, it was unsullied by all of this controversy.
Speaker 4: If we had reap, well we wouldn't. They don't replay clipping penalties.
Speaker 5: They probably didn't have replayed back then.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 8: There was a lot of clipping going on back then. So let's just chalk it up too.
Speaker 4: But I do think it's interesting that as we bring it back to Cincinnati that Iowa State is here for the at AT and T Stadium on Saturday, because this is the thirty year anniversary of the Berry Switzer David Shula Cowboys Banals game in nineteen ninety four. You remember the postgame hanshit I do. And what happened was that was Barry's first year as a head coach here. Okay, and so in this press conference before that game Cowboys, In fact, I went back and looked up the Cowboys record going into that game was seven and one in Cincinnati. It was a three and thirteen season. You know what David Schula's record was as a Cincinnati head coach stop. He was there from ninety one to ninety six stops.
Speaker 6: He was three and thirteen eighty six seasons.
Speaker 4: He got sixties. It was maybe ninety two season he was fired. He got fired into the ninety six season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he got fired here after.
Speaker 4: The night Land with a head coaching job the next year. I don't remember, but anyway, he was nineteen and fifty or something like that as a head coach with the Bengals, but was.
Speaker 5: And said I could have figured that. Well, he didn't say it, though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he didn't like me, And you know, it all came from just something innocent. I had a show at that time and we were speaking of the offense and you know how we weren't doing anything, and I made some type of type of characteristic, Uh.
Speaker 4: You had mix is what you were on mix shots.
Speaker 8: I said something like it's it's futile or something futile, just trying to whatever. I was saying something everyone knew because we weren't scoring any points. And I talked about him being the offense coordinated. And it wasn't a mean statement, it was just something that was fact as we talked about what was wrong with our team, and at that time, of course we're one to fifteen, so what the hell is a lot to talk about. He was just one of those subjects. So then I made the statement I didn't think it was anything about it. Next thing, you know, Gary Mayers just calling me and said that Don Shuler, his father, approached Myers about what Emerson was was saying about his son.
Speaker 5: I was watching the game the other night and Emerson was playing.
Speaker 4: Who was that boozer?
Speaker 5: The guy's last day? And they kept saying Ever said, there's anover s how.
Speaker 2: You saying tell him his last name is Everson?
Speaker 6: No, I'm just playing, But Don Shoela.
Speaker 8: Don Shula approached Gary Myers because that's when they were doing HBO.
Speaker 2: Inside the NFL and they want the show together.
Speaker 8: Myers was one of the panel and he told his daddy on me, and his daddy was, you know, basically, he snitched on me, and his dad was trying to.
Speaker 2: Take up for him.
Speaker 8: I'm like, man, this guy is way too old for his father to be taken up for him. That's just all I can think of. Like, dude, you're right here in the same facility with me, come talk to me about that. He went and told his daddy.
Speaker 4: So, how old do you think David Shula was when he was the offensive coordinator of the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: For two years? I'm thirty one.
Speaker 4: He was thirty eighty nine. He would have been thirty years old when, uh, yeah, thirty years old when and then hey.
Speaker 2: You went over?
Speaker 4: He became Yeah. But the next year he was thirty one, so he became the head coach game, so you went over.
Speaker 6: He became the.
Speaker 4: Head coach of the Bengals in ninety two at age thirty three. He went five and eleven, three and thirteen, three and thirteen, seven and nine and one and six.
Speaker 8: So he was able to get the coach of the Cincinnati Bengals after being the offensive coordinator fire well one in fifteen Dallas Cowboys team and seven, seven.
Speaker 4: And nineteen in nineteen nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he was here, he went ninety So is that trend upward?
Speaker 5: Three Hall of Future Hall of Famers.
Speaker 2: With that trend upward? What got him?
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's add that together with his nineteen and fifty two records.
Speaker 6: Go one in fifteen and seven and nine.
Speaker 7: They didn't even put that one on their it was just so eight and twenty four, So that makes him twenty seven and seventy six.
Speaker 4: But anyway, back to the story. So in this press conference that week, Switzer the Cowboys were seven and one going into the game against a bad Cincinnati team, and so Switzer is like, you know, it's kind of like you know, getting you're getting ready to play a team. You know, it's kind of like Ioways State in the Big Eight, where you've got to get them ready to play no matter what the other team's record is or whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, it made it to Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: And so post Cowboys win the game. They almost beat it with Cowboys. They came closer than I always stayed ever did against Switzers all the teams. And that was back when, by the way, when Ioway State was not good.
Speaker 6: Now they're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so h after the post game of handshake, Shoela came up to Switzer and said to words to the effect of take that I always State and shove.
Speaker 2: It up your.
Speaker 5: They beat them twenty three to twenty. I think it was a walk off or field goal at the end, maybe something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was thirty years ago. That's a trip down Cowboys Bengals Memory.
Speaker 5: Lane, October thirtieth. It is almost Halloween.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a shoela doing in the Cowboys organization. Anyway.
Speaker 4: It was a Chris Bonio field goal, a thirty eight yard field goal. In fact, man, switch your love.
Speaker 2: What are you doing with that? That? That this team photo? I don't know, it was just.
Speaker 6: It was just nineteen eighty two Cowboys team.
Speaker 5: Folks comes when they bring your bill at the Cowboy Club, they give you one of these team pictures.
Speaker 8: Really, I'm just surprised that it's in here. That's so this will strike you.
Speaker 5: Somebody uh in here must have been up at the Cowboys Club.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: So it wasn't mean Okay, So we didn't talk about what happened to Dak Dak's support of Mike car There was a It went viral yesterday and it's the talk of NFL network in ESPN of course this morning.
Speaker 2: That that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Dak Presscott has come out in support of his head coach and believes that Mike McCarthy should be extended.
Speaker 2: And that's not a surprise, is it. No, it's not.
Speaker 8: Yes, there's no big deal. That makes the big deal out of this now it's crazy cowboys and.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to know, but trying to find it real quick. But in his interview on the radio, what do you expect? He doubled down on the Carthy.
Speaker 4: So Dak was interviewed on the radio.
Speaker 5: Yesterday McCarthy Jerry talking.
Speaker 4: About Okay, Jerry's interview a fan yesterday and.
Speaker 5: That got some legs.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 4: The way, and by the way, the interview was with that Dak did, was with Jory Epstein. He was making the Dick Sporting Goods rounds I think yesterday, and so that got tweeted out and reacted to. But I mean, really, and I'm not saying and I'm sure that Dak is very supportive of Mike McCarthy. I mean, you think about it. Those coaches are in that room together how many hours during a given week, and they're all on the same page as far as trying to get this thing going. And then there's no reason to think. But Dak led the league in touchdown passes last year, has been very successful under Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 8: I don't understand the controversy, but I do appreciate the fact that Dak is trying to keep some type of continuity going in this organization. If he's going to be here, I'm sure he doesn't want to be part of any coaching changes at this time in his career. So you could call it a pretty selfish thing. But at the same time, just because it selfish doesn't mean that it might be good or might not be good for the Dallas Cowboys organization.
Speaker 5: Well, And I think the other point he was trying to make is every once in a while, a good coach has a bad season.
Speaker 8: And I mean the thing that has happened is because we've ended on bad notes and you know it hadn't gone further. It's the abbreviated playoff appearances that have made good seasons ending up in a bad season. So as far as the pundits of Contern and those negative pundits, they're going to talk about how these last three seasons have been failures, not that they've had any success at all. They're going to try I forget about the great years, the great plays and season that the CD and DAK had as well as the rest of the team.
Speaker 6: Here's the interest.
Speaker 4: What I thought was the interesting thing about what Dak said in this and here's this whole quote. I believe in him McCarthy wholeheartedly. I don't want to necessarily get into he said, I don't want to necessarily get into the nuts and the screws of it all. Obviously, yes he did revolves, but I think but I think maybe that's how they say to Luisia. Yeah, but I think he definitely deserves a chance another contract. I mean here to here's what was interesting about it, I thought, And a chance to coach this team amongst more influence on his terms may be a good way to say it. So well read through the lines of that, I missed it. Is he talking to that chance to coach this team and you could tell he was thinking how to best phrase this amongst more influence on his terms may be a good way to say.
Speaker 8: That is not going to happen. There's still going to be whenever if he comes back, is going to still be under the same terms that it has always been on. So whatever he's referring to, that's still.
Speaker 2: Going to be there.
Speaker 8: And I don't want to, you know, jump to any conclusions, but that person or situation is still going to remain.
Speaker 5: Meaning you got to get to the Super.
Speaker 8: Bowl, you still got to get to the super Bowl, regardless of what is going on or what kind of influences might be affecting his success.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mickey, you've found anything else.
Speaker 5: I was trying to see what Jerry said about him talking about what he's done and how he's kept this team together, and he hasn't looked back. He keeps looking forward. And we're building guys for the future, the young guys that they're playing right now and come and I saw somebody made a big deal of that, but I can't seem to find it under this transcription.
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 2: Well find it. I guess we'll just move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to move on to Okay, and we continue with more mixtures in just a moment.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott kits slides for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perth pick throw my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tools is the only.
Speaker 8: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at.
Speaker 8: The team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot Com you book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: Cowboys football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 9: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 4: Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 2: Miller Lyte, the only.
Speaker 6: Beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 9: Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 8: The twenty twenty five NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Cost your ballot for the twenty twenty five Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send your favorite Dallas Cowboys players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC Showdown this February.
Speaker 2: Vote now at.
Speaker 8: Cobol dot com slash vote.
Speaker 4: Okay, make you tell me something else that we need to talk about here.
Speaker 5: You know what I put this list together just thinking about it last night. The injuries the Cowboys have had and the guys that have returned, because everybody keeps asking me what's been the difference. And so here's the guys that return from injuries. Micah Parsons, Deron Bland, Brandon Cooks finally, and Chuma Doga. The guys still out this last game or are still on injured reserve trying to get back. Sam Williams, Dak Prescott, de Marcus Lawrence, John Stevens, I'm as awesome. Richard's amani oi so I hear that he may get back into practice this week. He's diligible, Kayln Carson and Josh Butler, Zach Martin, Trayvon Diggs, Marquise Bell, jan Ye Thomas, Jake Ferguson, and Marshawn Neelan. That's the injury list. So when you sit here and wonder why they're five and a half point underdogs at home, I'm sure Vegas looked at this list and said, hmmm.
Speaker 8: Got to say, Vegas, they're not wrong much. They're not wrong.
Speaker 5: Much, and they're looking at Oh, they got Joe Burrow and the Cowboys are starting Cooper Rush. But anyway, that's they They got some guys back, but look at all the guys still missing and we're talking starters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and that stuff, as we all know, goes on around the league. The issue for the Cowboys is, and we knew going back to the spring that because of the salary cap issues that this team has, they weren't able to be active as active as they normally are getting veteran guys and unrestricted free agency. They had to take a different tack on it this year, and so they don't have the veteran depth that they normally would have, and so you're having to play younger players, unproven players, and sometimes that'll bite you, and in fact, some of your starters are unproven players that you're counting on just playing, including your first round draft pick.
Speaker 5: Just think what happened at cornerback with Bland out right. Then you developed and played Amani Oua, and then he's injured reserve, and then you had Kaylin Carson playing and now he's on injured reserve. You develop Josh Butler off the practice squad starting and he's on injured reserve. And in the middle of all that, one game Jordan Lewis misses, and now the last two games Trayvon Diggs miss cornerback.
Speaker 4: That's a great example at the cornerback position, because the Cowboys would have loved to have been able to have done what Minnesota did, which is signed Stephan Gilmore Man. Okay, and Stephan Gilmore goes to Minnesota. Why does Minnesota able to do that?
Speaker 6: They let Kirk.
Speaker 4: Cousins go in free agency, and so they got money to spend on to.
Speaker 5: Sign like eight million dollars on a run year.
Speaker 4: I mean, even you can take to the running back position. They didn't have the money to spend on Derrick Henry, who had nine million dollars a year, because you're you've got priorities elsewhere with these contracts.
Speaker 5: And then you know, the same thing happened at defensive end when Blant, I mean when Parsons was out. Your top four guys were out. So you're starting number five and number six.
Speaker 4: Then you're going to the dollar store as far as the veteran guy.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you're signing Carl Lawson, who kind of stepped up this last game, but he hadn't been with anybody the whole offseason. He didn't go through train in camp, and all of a sudden he shows up and oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, you got to play, and he's not bad.
Speaker 5: And so he's starting to show that why he did what he did in two years ago twenty two right with the Jets. I mean he had like eight sacks I think, yeah, exactly. So he had a sack and was it a sack sacond and a half or a half a sack in five quarterback pressures on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And I mean that's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: That's the example of a guy not believing the narrative, you know, not letting anyone let him know how good he is. And so we need more of those guys that say, you know what I have can still play, you know, regardless of what you you've heard, regardless of what's on paper, I still have it inside to be able to play some good football.
Speaker 5: And they're gonna need it again because while they're talking about activating DeMarcus Lawrence, practice period twenty one days this week, I don't know that he goes out there and plays on Sunday or Monday maybe the next week. Right, he hadn't played.
Speaker 2: Since we always talked about ramp up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so he's definitely been out.
Speaker 4: Was just like just like with IDGA, the previous week he was he was active, but he didn't play in the game, okay, and they wanted to get through the Thursday game. McCarthy after the game, Uh, we were talking about Adoga and the number of snaps he got, and he said, yeah, he got a lot more than what we are anticipating. It sounded like they were going to maybe alternate uh in the Thursday game ge and alternate by you know, give Geiton two three series and have adogas spell him at times. That's what just reading through the lines of McCarthy's answer on.
Speaker 5: That, well to me about it. The previous game when Awesome was there, they had him rotate in until he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now I think they decided to kind of go that route with Geyton, you know, and then in a full plate and then.
Speaker 5: And then as called for a Facebook you.
Speaker 8: Guys might disagree, but I think Tyson's problem.
Speaker 12: Is that he needs I think he needs rhymes, he needs he needs more.
Speaker 8: I think I just think he needs more help on technique. He just needs more. He has the attitude. The attitude is there.
Speaker 5: It's played much football.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why he needs.
Speaker 8: They need to go into some type of tutelage to where this guy can can be taught all the different trades.
Speaker 2: I think it's like Greg.
Speaker 8: Ellis needs to do more with him on an individual basis because the guy is pretty good or whoever the offensive coordinator. I think Greg needs to work with him because Greg was a defensive player. Yeah, he's a defensive player. He can tell him what to look out for. That's who he needs to be working with. Because the footwork seems to be there, but it's the hands and the attitude here that seems to get him in trouble. You have a guy blocked, but then you decide to put some extra into it, and there's a timing on when you can do that. You can't do it from the line of scrimmers. There are times when the guy's going down, you got to let him go down.
Speaker 2: You know. He just doesn't seem to have the nuance together in because.
Speaker 5: No, he wants a very him every time.
Speaker 4: The first time he played offensive tackle in a college football game basically was two years ago in twenty twenty two, and he wasn't even he wasn't a full time starter at all that year, like five minutes and then yeah, and the only reason he started was because Janie Morris, who's now with Kansas City and having problems by the way, tackle for Kansas City. He was suspended to start that year and then so Guyton step had to play and even though he wasn't ready, and then he did play last year, but he was kind of the same kind of stuff he's going through here where he get nicked up and missed a game and then he wound up I think playing starting eight or nine games on a twelve game schedule nine of ten, okay, so, and then opted out for the draft come November.
Speaker 5: Basically, so he could have had another year of eligibia oh yeah.
Speaker 4: In college, oh yeah. And it's with the COVID year, he might have had two years of eligibility left.
Speaker 8: So to me, I think they need to be more creative on how they approached this loning curve for him. I think obviously the offensive line coach can't do that. You have to have a guy like a Greg Ellis to show him, Okay, this will worked against me when I played, And of course greg is going to against some of the best offensive linemen in history, and so he could show us some stuff that just might glib off on him.
Speaker 5: I don't know, guys, And by the way, there's the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: This is where you're supposed to be, not in the backfield. Well, now that's a trick of the trade so well.
Speaker 5: But that comes from your anxiety of getting beat. So you're trying to take every advantage you can get. And you know he will have problems with that speed rush to the outside.
Speaker 4: And it's going to help him being in an off season program and getting stronger and so forth, and his body getting it.
Speaker 5: Because offensive linemen don't get a chance to develop in the off season there's no football being played, and then you get the training camp and it's basically the same thing in practice, even though you got pads on once a day, right, but four times a week.
Speaker 2: That's the difference. That's the differences. Okay.
Speaker 4: We touched on it at the end of the show yesterday about the senior finalists for the Hall of Fame. Yes, okay, and those so so just to review and we are not happy about it. Just to review. Mike Holmgren a coach finalist, and the seniors finalists are Maxie Bond, Sterling Sharp and Jim Tyre. And Jim Tyre considered one of the dominant offensive tackles of his era, selected as a member of the AFL's All Decade Team of the sixties, played in nine AFL All Star Games in a career that spanned thirteen years with the Dallas Texans first, of course, became the Kansas City Chiefs. Want to ring as a member of the Super Bowl four champion Chiefs and was part of three AFL championship teams with the Texans and the Chiefs and the other thing to keep in mind, it's not the NFL Hall of Fame, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So all that AFL stuff counts now, then it's a fine, go ahead.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean this disparagingle or anything, but is he still alive?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: In fact, that leads me to the rest of this story.
Speaker 5: See, and that's the worst part is these guys getting in. It was like the offensive lineman from I want to say it was Mississippi State. He was totally out of it and he got in. Or even what it happened with the Cowboys, right, couldn't be at the ceremony, Chuck Holli he waits so long for these guys, you know, Bob Hayes, he could have been in and they voted him out basically, and then he passes away and then he gets in. Now it's great for the family, but you know, the poor guy deserves to know.
Speaker 2: He wrote, like I said, give him his flowers wild, he's alive.
Speaker 4: The Jim Tyres story is a tragic one. After his playing career. I'm reading this off his Wikipedia.
Speaker 5: Page and we're assuming it's Eckerate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's that. He turned down an opportunity to serve as a scout for the Chiefs, then spent the next three years as a salesman before tiring of the constant travel and investing in a tire business.
Speaker 6: Jim Tyre, however.
Speaker 4: A mild winner, proved to be financially disastrous for Tire, who moved on to work for Amway. And it says this series of business misfortunes culminated in the early hours of September fifteenth, nineteen eighty and he was forty one years old at the time when Tyres shot and killed his wife Martha, then died by suicide by turning the gun on himself. The day before, he had attended a Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium with his ten year old son Jason in twenty twenty one, the documentary A Good Man The Jim Tyres Story by Kansas City filmmaker Kevin Patrick Allen was released.
Speaker 8: And in that I don't know if he's in that film, but the story goes on to talk about how CTE may have played a big part in his final decisions of his life. And I guess the best part about it is his in laws forgave him so much because they believed that there was because of the injuries that he sustained doing football. They forgave him so much to where they basically pleading for anyone to forgive him. This is coming from the in law side, and that's how much they thought about him. That's how much they realized that the game itself took away from him mentally. And so I get it kind of confused in the end, but for the most part they have totally forgiven him. If I'm not mistaken, they still have him buried beside their daughter. That's how much they forgave him.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other part of it. Tyres sons Brad Tyre played college football under Tom Osborne at Nebraska from eighty three to eighty eight. It's part of the Black Shirts defense. And then the other son, Jason, played for Kansas defensive end for Kansas, and they had big big boy, big boy.
Speaker 5: Think about back then, the difference between the helmets now and the helmets back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean we got problems in the eighties, not even talking about the sixties.
Speaker 5: They were just a little bit better than the leathers.
Speaker 8: Right right, right, And so uh that's the thing that they wanted, uh, the NFL to to, you know, continue saying, is forget what happened off the field. You know, he was a good man, and but also he was a damn good player on the field. So I just thought that was a cool story of redemption in regard to that entire family in a tragic, tragic situation.
Speaker 4: So giant of a man for that era, sixty six, two eighty.
Speaker 2: Pounds, that's why kids did well.
Speaker 5: It might have been too heavy for Tom, by the way, yeah, two hundred and eighty pound offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: It wasn't forrank Stram though he was an eight time AFL All Star.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm sure Tom, I'm sure Tom almost fainted when Nate showed up nineteen eighty six at three hundred.
Speaker 2: Appreciate my man, Nate all right.
Speaker 4: That does it for mixed shots for this Wednesday, and we will shout at you again tomorrow at high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 12: H