Speaker 1: I feel a lot better than I would have thought i'd feel. You know, I'm very fortunate. I'm thankful that it wasn't a worse injury, you know than what I kind of thought it was in a field, So I'm thankful for that, you know.
Speaker 2: Welcome to jackson presented by Field's Auto Group, Jacksonville. You can step up to luxury at Fields Auto dot com. I'm kind Nanni Stevens, Brian Sexton, John Osier with me. That was Trevor Lawrence and he's talking about his high ankle sprain. As he said, he feels he's very fortunate that it wasn't worse than what he expected. So our first big thing today is gonna be So you're telling me there's a chance, because they have not ruled out Trevor Lawrence to play this week. Trevor talked a little bit yesterday about what it's gonna take for him to decide that he'll be ready to put and cleanland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's still it's still early in the week. Obviously in New Orleans, I didn't know until right before the game, but and that was this is a short week, but that was a really short week. So we'll have a couple more days than we did then, which is which is nice, but still lost the day playing on Monday night. So I guess that's just the way it's been going this year with some of that stuff. But you know, I'm really just taking it one day at a time. I'm trying to do do as much as I can each day without you know, aggravating it or making anything worse, but trying to progress towards, you know, hopefully playing like that's the that's the goal every week and every day is to try to get as healthy as possible. And in the past what forty eight hours have been some big steps and I'm really happy with with how it's it's healing up.
Speaker 2: So the team says, I've taken it day today at this point. Trevor did not practice yesterday, still rehabing that injury. Brian, you said you're gonna be shocked if he played on Sunday. Reshocked how he was yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you I said yesterday Kuy that I thought he would be superman if you played this week. And while we don't yet know if he can fly, he certainly was wearing the cape when he walked into the press conference without a boot, wearing a shoe, you know, I mean, no crutches.
Speaker 4: The way that it looked when.
Speaker 3: He walked down the tunnel on Monday night, I just there's no way I could see. But of course everyone heals differently, and this guy may truly John be the man of steel, because even though I think there's still only a fifty to fifty chance that he actually goes in the cold and the wet, and with Miles Garrett standing there on the other side of the line, the fact that they're even trying tells you there's something about this guy that stands out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Ryan, you guys, you and I have everything coming league. By the same time, a while back, you heard high ankle sprain and it was out for four to six weeks. Last year, Mahomes after injuring his high ankle against the Jags plays. Maybe change the dynamic of that a little bit. I had written all week, no way, thought no way. Now I don't know, but I kind of leaned toward that he's gonna play, and that would have shocked me to say on Monday.
Speaker 6: So that's all I'm to say about that.
Speaker 3: We were all surprised when they had him at his regularly scheduled podium time. Because a guy who's hurt and going through rehabit, I mean, generally they don't make those guys come out, So the first thing you're thinking is he gonna play? And then when he walked in without the boot on kai, it was like, WHOA, Okay. So while nobody knows for sure, they don't even know for sure. It's gonna depend on how the rehab goes the rest of the week. This is a very very interesting story.
Speaker 2: Now what a different today makes for him as well. I think we saw something similar when he had the knee injury. He said very quickly that the next couple of days he felt a lot better than he thought he was going to. So hopefully he's just a superhuman healer and he will be ready to go on Sunday if not. Big thing Number two is the backup plant. DJ Bethard would start in place of Trevor Lawrence, and he's been a backup for quite some time. He's been around the league for a while, and he says he's ready to go if necessary.
Speaker 7: I think you got to just stay steady throughout all of it, especially, you know, unmust it's a situation where he has clearly been ruled out, and that's a different circumstance. But you know, I just got to stay level headed throughout the week and prepare as if I am going to play. But then you know, at the end of the day, if I don't, then then that means he's healthy enough to play, and that's good for a.
Speaker 2: Team John and may be a little bit weird for the players not knowing who's going to be quarterback, the fans as well, but Bethrid pretty much prepares every week as if he may play, So this he seems to be pretty comfortable with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, now, the difference is you get more rep so you're more prepared. He has a shoulder limiting him, but my understanding is he took most of the reps in practice on Wednesday. Look, he's done it before. He's a backup, so he's not as good as the starter. They're not as good with C. J. Bethart as there with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 4: But I think.
Speaker 5: One thing that I think shouldn't be forgot and does factor in this is the success that Doug Peterson had with backup quarterback Nick Foles in twenty seventeen that matters in terms of not necessarily the quarterback himself, but in terms of the ability to adjust the offense quickly to the new quarterback strength. CJ should and does have great confidence in Doug with that and with this system to be able to do that. I think that plays into it. And you saw the other night. He played well enough the other night for the Jaguars to win. Probably should have had the winning touchdown or setting up the winning touchdown overtime, a really.
Speaker 6: Good drive at the end of the game. It's not inconceivable they go win this game with CJ.
Speaker 4: Pat Bryant. You think you can go thirty two to thirty seven.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you can win with backup quarterbacks. Jake Browning approved it last week, and of course he's got Jamar Chase. But Jaguars have some weapons even without Kirk. They've got guys who can be difference makers. Here's the difference. They're going up to Cleveland to play on a wet field on a cold, windy day, and they're going against the number one defense and the number one pass defense.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: You would think right out of the gate, they've got to help this guy with the running game.
Speaker 4: They have got to be able to get.
Speaker 3: Four yards every time they run the ball and stay out a third and long no matter who the quarterback is, because that defense is really freaking good. You can beat the Browns with CJ. Bethard if everyone else plays to their potential or plays close to their potential.
Speaker 8: We got some banged to players as well.
Speaker 2: Traves Ztn still has those bruised ribs, so there's a lot of other things in play here as well. The offensive line. We don't know who'll be starting there. Our final big thing this week has been there, done that. John talked a little bit about what think Doug Peterson did in Philadelphia with a backup quarterback. Not only did he play well, he won a super Bowl. And Doug talked a little bit about what that takes in his presser yesterday.
Speaker 9: The strength of the player really and making sure he's comfortable with what we're doing. And again, it may it may look different to people you know how you go about it, but the bottom line is you've still got to go out and compete and execute and try to win that game, you know, and focus on that and however that gets done, it doesn't really matter it's just, you know, that's the main focus. So like in seventeen, you know, I had to focus on what Nick Fole's strengths were as opposed to carson strengths back then, and making sure that the guys around him again did their part right, and it.
Speaker 2: Worked out, works out pretty well, and he got a Super Bowl ring out of it. Brian, we talked Jay Browning, looked great, looked like Joe Burrow out there. So it can be done. And we've seen a lot of backups around the league. Unfortunately, a lot of starting quarterbacks go down. So is it just kind of ride the wave with CJ until you can get Trevor back.
Speaker 3: Well, the one thing Doug said over and over and over is they've really got to figure out how to best position Beth to do. What he does is going to be different with him because he's not Trevor Lawrence. So they've got to get together with CJ this week and figure out what he likes and what he does. And oh, by the way, appears they're going to be doing the same thing with Trevor, right, But you want to say, this guy is the foremost expert on getting a backup quarterback ready to go because he won a Super Bowl with one. And then you see what Zach Taylor did the other night getting Jake Browning ready to go.
Speaker 4: They can do it.
Speaker 3: And I believe that if they Taylor the offense, and then again John Kevin Ridley has to make the catch right and Travis Etn has to make the cut, and whoever the left tackle is, you know, has to hold up. We can't say this enough. It's not going to be CJ. Bethard who beats the Browns. It's going to be the rest of the team playing their best game and helping CJ.
Speaker 4: Bethard move the offense up and down the field.
Speaker 5: Yet, and sometimes the backup can have a little bit of an advantage in the sense that the defense really has no idea how the Jaguars will play with CJ. Bethard because they've never played with CJ. Bethard, And that can be a big deal in terms of being ready to know what you're gonna see that day. So I think Jerry might have a little bit of an edge there. I'll be honest. I think Trevor's playing, So I think this last segment might be something that's not, you know, not pertinent but I do think if CJ does play, I think you're gonna see a little bit of a surge and he's gonna he's gonna outplay what a lot of people's expectations are.
Speaker 3: Can I get just throw this out there, Johnny, should he play? I mean, you saw the way that he hobbled down the Should he play with a quarterback that you want to be your guy for the next you know, fifteen years.
Speaker 5: I think it goes back to what we talked about, the other day. If the doctors clear him, if he wants to play, if there's significant risk of further injury. I don't know enough about how how high ankles work on that front. If you think putting mouth there is going to further the injury, then you don't play it at all.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a surgeon, a procedure, you know you're totally right.
Speaker 3: And Doug talked about one hundred percent right, not putting him back out there until he's one hundred percent. He wasn't talking until he feels perfect. He was talking about being one hundred percent sure that there is no way you're going to cause more damage. I just go back to the fact that it's going to be a wet field and you got Miles Garrett over there, and you wonder how well he can move, because movement is protection for him.
Speaker 4: He gets out of harm's wed again.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'll put him in a position where he is not or put him in a position where he is in danger. But there is that balance and that they were both asked about it. You know, player, coach, Do I play, don't I play? Who makes the decision?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 5: If it if he's able, willing and feels it, and the doctor of Claarmenik, he plays.
Speaker 3: So you think the Mahomes thing factors into it at all. You think he saw Mahomes do that and says if he can do it, I can do it.
Speaker 4: That's the best quarterback in the league. That's who I want to be.
Speaker 5: He does it, I do it probably a little and I think inspiring teammates earning that plays into a little bit. I also think it's sort of his nature.
Speaker 8: I think it is too.
Speaker 2: I think he mentioned when he heard his knee that he's never missed a game for injury and it was very fortunate to never had a serious injury. And I think that kind of plays on his mind. Too, is that if he can play through it, he will so I guess we'll have to see, but we'll wait on that one. Coming up after the break, we're going to go over the Browns, what they're bringing to the table, and what this matchup might look like.
Speaker 8: On Sunday.
Speaker 10: Hello, I'm Dan Fields and we have some great news. Fields has a vehicle you want in stock, priced right and ready for delivery.
Speaker 11: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination for Cadillac, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Benz and Porsche. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery.
Speaker 10: And every Field's customer can take advantage of our Field's Amenities program with complementary loaners, Karawak and our cafes.
Speaker 4: You deserve the best.
Speaker 11: Stop by today or go to Fieldsauto dot Com.
Speaker 12: Calling all Jacks fans. Is your little one ready to become a Junior Jaguar Now through January second, my Gate Rewards Loyalty members who buy two twenty OUs Coca Cola participating products will be entered to win one of ten behind the scenes experiences at Everybank stadium for your child. Plus you'll earn a ten cent rollback at the pump, a win every time. Fuel your child's dreams, your car, and your passion for the Jags with Gate Crowd, partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Since twenty fourteen, there's been only one official homebuilder of the Jaguars, Dreamfinders' Homes. With quality build homes and a speedy movement process, We're in twenty plus communities in the best locations across Northeast Florida.
Speaker 4: Dreamfinders' Homes is everywhere you want to live.
Speaker 3: So get off the sidelines, Jacks fans, and get into the game. Let dream Finders help you navigate your home purchase and offer great interest rates. Visit dreamfinders' Homes dot com for all your move in ready holmes and step up your.
Speaker 8: Game, Jags fans.
Speaker 2: On Tuesday, December twelfth, from five to six, you should head over to publics located at the Shops at Beach Walk in Saint John's to meet Jacksonville Jaguars players for a special appearance from five to six. Again, that's the Public Supermarket located at eight thirty five County Road to ten West in Saint John's, Florida. That's Tuesday December twelfth, from five to six to meet some of your favorite Jaguars players. Welcome back into jag Zam here this morning in the Hyundai studios as we get ready for a game in Cleveland on Sunday. Maybe kind of rainy, kind of cold, maybe a messy game. We're not entirely sure what that's gonna look like. Who's gonna be on the field, But across the way, they don't really know either. And that's something we haven't mentioned a ton of is that obviously Deshaun Watson is out for the year, but they had Joe Flacco last week. They have during Thomson Robinson. I believe in the protocol still concussion protocol still, so they're not naming a starter either. So it's a little bit of cat and mouth with both teams, right And.
Speaker 3: They also have a just lengthy list of injured players. You know, they're playing this year without both of their starting offensive tackles who were gone for the year. In fact, they're backup bright tackle, the Big Kim from Ohio State is battling an injury. No Nick Chubb and Amari Cooper's in the concussion protocol, and you're dealing with the shoulder with Garrett and Denzel Wood, their corner who's probably one of the best three or four corners in the AFC. He hasn't played a lot lately either, So both teams are dealing with a lot of injuries and it's gonna be right at the game time.
Speaker 4: Do you see what you're dealing with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm surprised that it's iffy on whether Flakka starts. My understanding was Flaka played really well and they felt like they had something there. I would still expect him to start, but it's uncertain. I think the difference between the two teams, even when Trevor's not playing well, the Jaguars are a Trevor Lawrence centric offense. The Browns really aren't a quarterback centric offense. I think they're maybe a little better equipped to handle the quarterback being out, even when Deshaun Watson was in.
Speaker 6: This team loves to run. They're good at it.
Speaker 5: That's my worry, frankly, in this game, if the Jaguars have to turn around and rely on their running game. They haven't done that yet this year. So it happens all the time in the NFL. What you don't expect happens. But to me, that's the major storyline of this game. Can the Jaguars run against this team, no matter, no matter how beat up the Browns are well?
Speaker 3: And then on the other side, you mentioned that they're a team that likes to run the ball and does it well even without Nick Chubb. The Jaguars are coming off their worst performance against the run, and you're dealing with the injury to fully fought Tacosti in the middle of the line. I mean, the other storyline is can they stop the run? It's funny you go back to one of the original teams, you know, AFC Central teams, and the cold and the wet, and you can throw everything to the side. It becomes about the basics. Can you run the ball and can you stop the run? And in a league that has increasingly become a quarterback driven can you throw the ball?
Speaker 4: Can you take your shots league?
Speaker 5: Maybe the Jaguars can resign Von Dunbar and he can go up there and win in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Like he did five a man.
Speaker 3: You are bringing it all back. Mickey Washington had a touchdown return in the Old Mistake.
Speaker 4: By the Lake.
Speaker 5: To Browns in ninety five in one of their first big wins around here, and Von Dunbar, a running back, had a huge game in that game was the last win.
Speaker 3: That they would have until the season finale against the same Browns, And of course, the week after the Jaguars beating the announced they were moving to Cleveland to become the I'm sorry to Baltimore become the Ravens.
Speaker 8: Oh, the Baltimore Ravens. That's another game. We can't get there yet. We can't get there yet.
Speaker 2: Cleveland's defense we do need to talk about because that is probably one of their strong suits, one of the best defenses in the NFL. And fortunately for the Jaguars and Jaguars fans is that Doug Peterson is very familiar with the defensive coordinator over there, and he talked a little bit about what the Cleveland defense does.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, he feels like if he can put pressure on your quarterback with four, now he's got seven guys back there with with eyes on the quarterback, they can make plays on the ball in the run end pass game. And and that's what you see with this defense. And the strength is obviously you know this d line, they're they're they're aggressive. Obviously we know Miles Garrett heck of a player. A lot of respect for him and and the way he plays the game. But the other guys are, you know, as talented as well, and.
Speaker 8: Brian.
Speaker 2: Does it help being familiar with that defense or are they just so good it doesn't you know what they're doing you just can't necessarily.
Speaker 4: I think it's one of those things. Okay, you see ninety five here? Can you block him? Right?
Speaker 3: Can you get the ball past Denzel Ward on the outside. They built this defense and they've dealt with some injuries. But Jim Schwartz is a guy that we know well from his days in Tennessee and obviously Doug knows well from his days in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: He is aggressive.
Speaker 3: I mean he will send everything without abandon. He is about making the quarterbacks life utter hell of And when you've got a quarterback that you don't think can necessarily move very well, then you know you're getting the whole barnyard from him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the base of their defense. Schwartz really wants to get there with four and play seven in the back. Guess what, That's what everybody wants to do. They're good at it. When Miles Garrett is really good at it. Miles Garrett played through an injury last week and I really didn't.
Speaker 6: Have much of an impact on the game.
Speaker 5: You have a stat so that's where you wonder, Okay, is he Miles Garrett. If so, then it's a very disruptive defense. If he's not, they're still very good. But he's obviously a huge factor in it. So I think that's a huge storyline to watch.
Speaker 6: Overall.
Speaker 5: The thing that's interesting Jaguar is very very good on the road. The Browns are an entirely different team at home, so that has to be tested. I've said all week, I think this is a phenomenally interesting game for the Jaguars in turn of their maturity, their character. You go up and beat this team in this situation with this defense against what the Jaguars are going to throw out their offensively, I think it's It would go down as one of the most impressive wins of Doug's tenure here.
Speaker 6: If this happens.
Speaker 3: Because of all the injuries, I don't think most people realize these guys are seven and five right and quietly they're in the sixth.
Speaker 4: Spot out of seven in the AFC and the playoffs, and I lost two in a row.
Speaker 6: So they're desperate.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and we know what desperate teams do, right. We saw that against the forty nine ers. You expect these guys to come out with a quarterback who, by the way, has a Super Bowl win, right, Who knows how important these games are. Yeah, it's a huge obstacle for the Jaguars, and if they get over it, especially with their quarterback, it sets up nicely for a Sunday night showdown to get right back into the hunt on this number one seed thing.
Speaker 2: We got a couple of good games coming up. John, I know you mentioned how well that Browns play at homes. Stefanski, their head coach, was asked yesterday why he thinks they play so well at home. He didn't quite have an answer, but he did say likes to play in Cleveland.
Speaker 13: I will tell you we like playing at home.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 13: I like having our crowd into it. I like the juice that it gives our defense. I like that it makes life hard on the opposing offense. Having said that, you know you still want to play good defense, good offense on the road as well. But I do think we have a very distinct home field advantage.
Speaker 2: I think some of the things that benefit them at home or seemed to be with the Jaguars feed off of that crowd noise against them, kind of that you know, prove them wrong mentality. So it will be interesting to see which one comes out on top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think sometimes it's fun to talk about. It's fun to ask the coach. It's just like when people asked Doug why the Jaguards are struggling at home. Well, they didn't struggle at home last year. They were great at home last year. It's not like they can't play in EverBank Stadium. Sometimes I think it's just sort of circumstance. Now the Browns, I think when you were a really good defense and you get some weatherin but you're gonna have in Cleveland, I think maybe that factors into a little bit there. I don't necessarily think whether there's a factor for the Jags here.
Speaker 4: They're a takeaway team.
Speaker 3: You know, if the Daggars are going to be in it, they can't feed that defense in that crowd with Aaron passes right, especially with CJ. Bether or putting the ball on the ground. And this team, this Sprowns defense is good at getting it out And yeah, the other thing you think about the cold and the win. It's only with thirty five thirty six degrees and wet, but that wind can come off the lake and make it miserable, make it feel a whole lot colder. So there's got to be a focus on the football on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you do get the idea.
Speaker 5: It's one of these games that if you see the ball on the ground or a turnover in the first quarter, you get one of those thinking feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Katie bar the door. However, the flip side is also true. Right with the quarterback who's playing his second game and that's what Flacco is, and their offensive.
Speaker 4: Line is playing with backup tackles.
Speaker 3: There's an opportunity for this defense, which has twenty one takeaways, to be able to go create a couple also to use it to their advantage.
Speaker 2: We don't entirely know who's going to be on the field, but we do think it'll be a good game. Either way, it's going to have big implications. So coming up after this break, we're going to talk about who we think will be playmakers in that game against the Browns.
Speaker 10: Hello, I'm Dan Fields, and we have some great news. Fields has a vehicle you want in stock, price right and ready for delivery.
Speaker 11: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination for Cadillac, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Benz and Porsche. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery.
Speaker 10: And every Field's customer can take advantage of our Fields Amenities program with complementary loaners, car washes, and our cafes. You deserve the best.
Speaker 11: Stop by today or go to Fields Auto dot Com.
Speaker 3: Since twenty fourteen, there's been only one official homebuilder of the Jaguars, Dreamfinders' Homes. With quality build homes and a speedy movement process, We're in twenty plus communities in the best locations across Northeast Florida. Dreamfinders' Homes is everywhere you want to live, So get off the sidelines, Jags fans, get into the game. Let dream Finders help you navigate your home purchase at offer great interest rates. Visit dreamfinders' Homes dot com for all your moving ready.
Speaker 4: Holmes and step up your game.
Speaker 14: Hey jack Nation, it's Andre Cisco, Safety of your Jacksonville Jaguars here to talk to you about low Ray Peanut company, lou Ray is bringing something to the market that has never been done before. Microwavable both peanuts, whether you like salty or pepperycasion kick They've got your coverage now. Thanks to them, y'all can enjoy Bold Peanuts at the bank while you watch me and the rest of the team tear it up on the field. Can't make the game, no sweat. Find a bag at a store nearest to you by heading to Louraypeanut dot com, slash find us, Go Nuts, Go Jags, and as always.
Speaker 2: Do Seith is Florida's trusted and reliable moving company, and he said at this proud to be the official moving partner in the Jacksonville Jaguars. And to get a guaranteed quote, you can visit Studdeth dot com slash Jacks.
Speaker 8: Welcome back to jag Zam.
Speaker 2: We're talking Cleveland game where you know, we got a ton of injuries to talk about, but we're going to talk about the players we do know our playing and who we think might be playmakers for the Jaguars in this matchup. Brian, who's someone you're looking at to make a difference in the game.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Josh Allen based on the way he talked in the post game on Monday night.
Speaker 4: I mean he stepped into the void.
Speaker 3: Remember that was when no one knew anything about what the quarterback was with his injury, and he stepped right in there and took the mantle of leader of the entire team, which is the quarterback's job, and said, we've got to do this better. I've got to do that better. You know, both sides of the ball. So I think he will come out entirely motivated to back up his words. He won't miss an opportunity because I believe he might set the franchise records for sacks. It's fourteen and a half held by Kalais Campbell. He has thirteen and a half. I could see him working against backup tack, against a quarterback who likes to stand tall in the pocket. I could see him getting two sacks and setting the record. He only needs one and a half.
Speaker 8: I think he'll do it.
Speaker 4: I think he might.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope he does.
Speaker 4: He's a great guy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just had him on this week's ozone podcast, and what a wonderful guy to be around. I mean, it's uh, and you don't say that about every player you say about every.
Speaker 6: Co host, but.
Speaker 5: But uh me, But yeah, you hope for success for the guy given me on the team I went with with Zay Jones, he will be a focal point of the offense. I think he will play on the injury report that I don't expect him to be a guy who misses the game.
Speaker 6: So that's that he won't he won't miss the game. He will play, He won't miss the game, might do well. It's a good point you got to put script.
Speaker 4: I think he's key. I like that he.
Speaker 5: With Christian Kirk out, Trevor Lawrence needs things he can rely on. Uh. We all talked earlier in the season about how Zay not being there was a big deal.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: As much as Trevor relies on Christian, he relies on Zay in big situations. I think we saw that on Monday, the chemistry between Trevor, Trevor plays, and Jay Jones. I think we'll make up for for Christian Kirk's absence and then free Calvin Ridley up. So I think Zay is uh. There's a lot of guys you don't want to lose the rest of the season with Christian out. To me, Zay moves at the top of the list. I don't know what they do offensively. If Zay and Christian aren't.
Speaker 3: Well, Look, I think he might be that guy who is the storyline for their run the rest of the way. He's had a tough season right on the field, he hasn't been on it enough because of the injury. Off the field, we all know what he's been dealing with. So for him now at this point to be in a position John where he can rise and help his team and help himself, I just he's the kind of guy who generally rises to the challenge, so I'm anxious to see if he can do that.
Speaker 5: And every time they went to him the other night, play yeah, I mean he takes advantage of his opportunities.
Speaker 6: I'm with you. I think he's a big storyline the rest this season.
Speaker 2: I went with one of the young guys for my pick this weekend with Parker Washington, because he's going to play a big role in this game. But he won't be Christian Kirk and he won't be Jamal Agnew. What his role will be is not making mistakes and being smart with the football. So he obviously he doesn't know the offense as well as Christian Kirk does, because he hasn't played as much as Christian Kirk. So I think a lot of it will be, you know, getting time in there, getting time understanding the plays, getting those first reps, first team reps that he'll be getting now, and kind of whether it's Trevor Lawrence or whether it's c. J. Bethert, getting comfortable with who's throwing you the ball. And he might pick up enough as this back end of the season goes along, then he's going to play a big role come playoff time, come the beginning of next year as well.
Speaker 3: I talked to him for my pregame radio interview yesterday and he talked right along those lines of getting more reps and figuring out what his role is. The touchdown catch was dramatic, it was a great play on his part, but his favorite play was the third down connection of any where. He had to fight to dig that ball out and fight with the Browns, the Bengals defensive back to take it away and secure it. That's what he wants to do for this team is make those contested catches, which is what Christian did right move the chains. He may not do it like Christian does it, but he's willing to do it any way it takes to get the result of Christian.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's an interesting guy. Really didn't get opportunities an opportunity till the other night. This team's been wait in a while, frankly, to draft or receiver and have him develop. They have a remarkable number of guys who have come in. Did a great job stocking this receiving corps from a free agency standpoint, but it's hard to build things in this league doing that. Parker Washington very optimistic.
Speaker 6: I am about him.
Speaker 5: The way to play that quickly and to produce that quickly in your first NFL opportunity, he might have something.
Speaker 3: Well, they drafted him to be a Christian Kirk kind of player, right. You know, you've got to have the young when Christian's making twenty four million, you got to have a guy who's making the minimum, and you got to have a guy that can step in and fill that role even if he's not the same player. And that's why they drafted him. And whether people know this or not, in his last year at Penn State, he had a broken bone in his foot and he ran slow when he was at the combine, which is why he slid so far down the draft board. Guy that a lot of people liked for the way he runs his routes. He's got incredible feat If you watched him at all during training camp, you saw that he and he's powerful. You see his lower body. He is built, and so he's got the ability to be a shifty, middle of the field kind of receiver. And I'm with you, John, I mean, I think when you look at this guy two years from Nagaaney, like that was a really good draft choice.
Speaker 8: He's smart too.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to see kind of how he because even the mistakes he made, excuse me, even the mistakes he made against the Bengals, he's aware of that. And I'm excited to see how he responds this week because just how quickly you can become aware of how you need to adapt the NFL game is a key part of that, especially when you're a rookie. So that'll be something to look forward to as well. All right, stay with us coming up after the break, we'll do our predictions for this Sunday as we get ready for that game.
Speaker 10: Hello, I'm Dan Fields, and we have some great news. Fields vehicle you want in stock, priced right and ready for delivery.
Speaker 11: Field's Auto Group is Jacksonville's luxury automotive destination for Cadillac, Jaguar, Land Rover, LESUS, Mercedes, Men's and Porsche. Inventory is back and available for immediate delivery.
Speaker 10: And every Field's customer can take advantage of our Field's Amenities program with complementary loaners, car washes, and our cafes. You deserve the best.
Speaker 11: Stop by today or go to Fieldsauto dot com.
Speaker 3: Since twenty fourteen, there's been only one official homebuilder of the Jaguars, Dreamfinders' Homes. With quality built homes and a speedy movement process, We're in twenty plus communities in the best locations across Northeast Florida. Dreamfinders' Homes is everywhere you want to live. So get off the sidelines, Jags fans, and get into the game. Let dream Finders help you navigate your home purchase and offer great interest rates. Visit dreamfinders' Homes dot com for all your move in ready homes and step up your game.
Speaker 4: Sun at its under twenty the ten.
Speaker 15: Yes another a successful move to a new home. I tell you, folks, I've never seen a team more prepared than the Sunneth grew with a dominating lead in training, trust, and efficiency. It's no wonder why Sunneth is the official moving company of the Jacksonville Jaguar. For the past one hundred years, sonnt has provided local, long distance, and international moving services in jacks While the Jags are moving the chains on game Daggs, Sonnath is helping you on moving day. Visit Sunnith dot com slash Jags for a guaranteed quote.
Speaker 2: Jags fans, if we want customize Jaguars furniture for your home, check got zipcher dot com to rouse all the customizable options.
Speaker 8: Zipchaer is furniture made for fans.
Speaker 1: We talked about getting a cart, and I was gonna get a cart, and then I'm standing there and you know, I'm already on the sideline at that point, the tunnels right there.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to get off the field, get out of there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was going on with my ankle, and I felt like I could get off. I was like, hey, you're good, just don't bring it out. I'm going in. And then once I got in there, I'm like, this is a pretty long walk, you know, but I was already there, and they asked again if I wanted a cart. I'm like, no, We're gonna make it.
Speaker 4: The whole way there.
Speaker 1: Know, there was cameras in the tunnel, you know, so that's kind of they're everywhere exactly so, but no, it's of course we have carts and we have everything we need. And I was the one that didn't choose to take one, you know, so I guess put that on me, and maybe that was dumb, maybe I should have taken one. Whatever, But it's nothing to do with us not having a cart available. I don't think that would that would happen in the National Football League, especially here with the with the crew.
Speaker 11: That we have.
Speaker 8: So that's our answer to cartgate.
Speaker 2: I know people were very concerned about Trevor not having a cart to get onto.
Speaker 3: And did anybody really believe that an NFL team would not have a cart available? I mean, who really the fact that Colin Coward, he knows that, he knows different, he knows better.
Speaker 4: Every team has that for both teams. I mean they have everything on site.
Speaker 3: And boy that the paramedic crew and they're good guys and they're here every day of practice and they're right by where I stand and I talk to him every day.
Speaker 4: They were not happy. They were not happy.
Speaker 2: I will explain a little geography for everybody too. The where Trevor came off the field, their tunnels on the opposite side, so that's where the cart was, and he's like, I'm trying to get out of here, So he went in the tunnel. He was closest too, and then as he mentioned, once he got inside, he's like, oh wait, this is farther than I thought. A little second thought there, But as he mentioned, he wanted to walk, and I'm not surprised he wanted to.
Speaker 5: Players always want to walk on the field under their own power.
Speaker 8: If it says something when you take the car.
Speaker 5: If they can, nobody wants to walk out on it. I mean, nobody wants to write out on a cart unless you have to. So it's sort of an NFL code. Trevor is a tough guy. He's not gonna take the car if he doesn't have to. So I thought, actually the fact that he was able to walk even when he was in pain was a terrific sign, because if they had gone out and sensed anything, you have to structural right, he would have been on that cart, so it was taken weirdly. But to me the big picture, even when as he was walking, I was like, this is interesting because it's not as bad as at first all if he's even doing that, if they thought there was.
Speaker 4: Anything broken, but Cartgate was.
Speaker 3: I mean all the attention that Colin Coward got from that, right, I mean, that's what those guys do. They love it. It's all in social media drives the outrage. He didn't care what you say about him. He turns it off at the end of the day. So but it drove a lot of angst amongst good people who felt like they were maligned.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll all remember where we were during Cartgate, that's for sure. Coming up for this game, I mean, does Trevor play, Do the Jaguars win? Where are we at on this? I know it's a little bit of a guessing game still because it is Thursday, But.
Speaker 5: My guess he plays. To me, it's tough to pick him to win. I don't know how you got the The reason I think they can and the hope for me is they've been so good in this situation. Every time you think they're not going to play well in situation they do, and that.
Speaker 6: Follows from Detroit last year.
Speaker 5: Remember they got beating in Detroit and then reeled off five in a row, went to Tennessee the next week at getting railed by Detroit with Trevor hurt, and turn the franchise around. So it's what they do under Doug. For that reason, it's hard to pick against them. But boy, these circumstances are tough. I guess I'm not picking. Maybe I'm picking overtime.
Speaker 3: Listen, if everyone else was healthy, if you knew where the left tackle was, the defensive tackled, the nickel cornerback, that's a big deal, right Yeah. I mean Trey Herndon is a guy who you count on in the middle of the defense, and they had communication issues and that's one of the key guys. I mean, all those guys are either not practicing or in the concussion protocol. It's not just Trevor. If all those guys were able to play, and you've got CJ. Bethert, I think I could pick this team to win. But they're all question marks too, so I don't think I can pick them to win yet. There's just too many things. Can They sure absolutely will they I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's as tough a matchup, as tough as situation going into it. Well, Francisco Philadelphia when play those teams off as the topic, this is up there again.
Speaker 6: I'll say it again. If they win this, I think it's it's among the most impressive wins of the Doug Peterson Air and it.
Speaker 4: Sets up a huge showdown with the Ravens.
Speaker 8: Sure does like football. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what we're gonna see, but I'm very excited to watch it. We hope you all enjoy the game on Sunday whoever's out on the field, and we'll be back here on jagxam on Monday to talk about everything that goes down.