Speaker 1: We just talked about it off Mike, but we got to talk about it on Mike. Now, how are you doing with daylight saving time?
Speaker 2: Every year?
Speaker 3: It hits me so hard it both times, like one's not better than the other for me.
Speaker 4: Come on, it's better when you gain sleep.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, but then I'm like tired at night.
Speaker 3: It's not just being apparent, yes, but then now it's it's you got to fix your kids, right.
Speaker 2: So last night I.
Speaker 3: Set Leisure to bed like forty minutes after his bedtime, and then I'll have to transition it back, you know, to.
Speaker 4: Get back to his what is his bedtime?
Speaker 2: He goes to bed at eight?
Speaker 3: My kids are they're late, late sleepers like they you know, they don't they're they're they're party animals.
Speaker 1: So I remember growing up it was seriously like my bedtime was so early that I would be put to bed when it was still light out and I could hear the kids playing on the street.
Speaker 4: That's oh that is This was like seven thirty or something, it's still light quarter of.
Speaker 3: Eight, and it's like, letcher's not as good as a sleeper. Boo Monroe is She's just like me. I didn't have a bedtime when I was growing up, because I just fell asleep on the couch, Like you put me on the couch and put me ond of a TV for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm out, it's are you still that way? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're the person you don't want to watch a movie with because you're not gonna make.
Speaker 4: It to the end of the movie. Jordan hates Oh, I know exactly what he's I never.
Speaker 2: Get to pick the movie.
Speaker 3: And it's fair because he's like, you're gonna pick this.
Speaker 2: Chick rom com.
Speaker 3: You're gonna watch ten minutes of it, and then I will sit and watch I have to watch the whole movie. So no, we don't get to pick the movie. So that's fair. Even I did it to him just last week. I was like, ooh, babe, can we watch this movie. Let's watch it, and he's like, yeah, ten minutes, dea.
Speaker 4: There you go. I know exactly what that's like. It's the worst to you.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, it's the worst out that that In car rides, I don't drive at night literally because I get sleep.
Speaker 4: Wait, you'll fall asleep when you're driving.
Speaker 3: Oh yeahd hypnotizes me at night time like bad the line and so I just really honestly try to keep my driving to a minimum at my dob Okay, because.
Speaker 2: I just get sleepy. I fall asleep on planes before we pull out.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but it's when you're actually operating the vehicle. Maybe that's not a good thing to do.
Speaker 2: It's not so I don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, important, safe, very responsible, important, safe to tip, stay safe out there, everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS and your popcorn and go back to a time and all the houses are smart, the.
Speaker 4: Wave tsunamis and the high School's musical.
Speaker 2: I'm Will for Dell, and I'm Sabrina Brien.
Speaker 1: So break out the camquarder and document our journey as we cry our way through two thousand and two's True Confessions. First off, I'd like to point out this is true without an ee. Don't you dare put a fee on there, or we're going to shut this whole place down.
Speaker 2: It's going down good time.
Speaker 1: This dramatic dcom debut on the Disney Channel April fifth, two thousand and two, and it's based on the debut young adult novel of the same name.
Speaker 4: From writer Jeanette Tajjin.
Speaker 1: The nineteen ninety seven book is written in the format of a diary and uses lists and illustrations, all set to look like it's from a computer, and the book was a very big hit, translated into many languages. It was named a New York Public Library Favorite for teens and won multiple awards, including the Dolly Gray Children's Literature Award. Tashin is still writing today, working on a few different popular series of books, including My Life as Einstein, The Class Hamster, and Marty Frye Private Eye. I don't know what that is, but man, I want to read it. Any books that.
Speaker 2: Rhyme, I'm in It's so good.
Speaker 4: If the book rhymes, I'll read it a hundred times.
Speaker 1: And she often collaborates with her son Jake, who illustrates the novels. But this is the only one of her books ever adapted into a movie. It was filmed in Wait for It, Toronto. Yes, I'd love to see it again. Coin Flip is once again in Canada. We get some shots of the famous sea on Tower and the school scenes are all at Danceforth College and Technical Institute, which answers a question I think we.
Speaker 4: All had later, and we will talk about that, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Did you know True Confessions existed before or we were assigned to watch this one?
Speaker 3: I did, I had not watched it yet, but this was right at the beginning of The Cheetah Girls. We filmed in twenty twenty or twenty sorry, two thousand and two, right, we filmed it. And I remember this was a big one because it really took Shia Labuff from being that funny.
Speaker 2: You know, just crazy character to be like such a real like.
Speaker 3: I remember the actors in the Disney Channel at that time saying, like Disney's giving us a chance to really be something different than what we've got to do on our regular shows.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of buzz around this one.
Speaker 4: And it was coy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly wasn't a wasn't a dcom like we've seen.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, yeah, we've seen a couple, couple of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple, but this was certainly taking it to the next level. I of course, again everybody knows, I don't even talk about this anymore. Of course I didn't know anything about this, Okay, So let's get this out of the way now. We said this would happen at some point in the show. But did it happen this quickly? Did we both cry? Did you cry, Sabrina?
Speaker 2: Of course I cried. Will Yes.
Speaker 3: I started weeping, like at the very beginning because I knew. I knew what Shia's character was, so I was ready for that. But just you hit me with a field and two kids and matching overalls that I'm dead.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh God, this is gonna be a sobfest for me. WHOA, okay, I'm please tell.
Speaker 1: Me you did No, I didn't cry. Oh I didn't cry. It just I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It didn't. It didn't get me like that. It didn't get me. Nice movie, you know.
Speaker 1: I But no, It's it takes a lot to make me cry at something.
Speaker 4: I mean, it really does.
Speaker 1: There's like I can list three or four things that make me cry all the time. But other than that, like I am basically a robot with my emotions when it comes to stem, I just don't because it takes a lot to get me so lost into a project, like into a picture that I'm I'm weeping at something and sometimes it happens at strange times.
Speaker 4: But no, I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was like in it, I think a little bit because I knew it, like what kind of character was happening.
Speaker 2: So I was ready for it.
Speaker 1: But I was I was in it in and we'll get into this. I was in it because I was watching and I've said this before, arguably one of the greatest child actors ever that's ever acted in the history of child actors. And again, his career is what it is now and we'll get into that as well, and he could be one of the greatest actors of his generation. But as a child actor, I mean, he's one of the best that's ever done it. So that's kind of what I was watching more than anything else.
Speaker 4: But with some very heavy subject matter.
Speaker 1: This won't be the same decom category as say a high school musical.
Speaker 4: Or a Johnny Tsunami.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to talk about the role of the drama in the history of these films and what do we think of a sad drama when we analyze the entire pantheon of Disney Channel original movies. So, yes, there's a lot going on with this movie. It is completely different than most of the stuff we've seen, even with stuff like color Friends and things like that.
Speaker 4: It's it's not kind of the same as this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it it hits again.
Speaker 3: It just shows Disney's range that they are it does they're going. It shows the range of these incredible actors that they have in these movies. Yeah, like we said, the talent level is just unbelievable, but the writers that they bring in, the directors that take on these this is this is just I think such. It was such a cool movie to watch in the sense we've just seen some really great ones here recently.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: It's just awesome, and this one was a different, different kind of great, you know what I mean. It was like, oh man, this is great, but it's like not like what we just watched, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It wasn't. It wasn't. It wasn't some Corbin Blue.
Speaker 4: You know. I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was great. I know, and I know, I mean it was and I don't know. I will I'm going to try and try to work out my feelings because we'll get into it. But anyway, let's go push a bully off a bridge because it's time for a synopsis.
Speaker 2: Shove that dude.
Speaker 1: Ah Yeah, I cheered teenager, true walker and inspiring filmmaker documents her life and the challenges of having a twin brother, Eddie, who has an intellectual disability. Through her frustrations and their undeniable love, she gains a deeper understanding of family, empathy and self acceptance.
Speaker 4: All right, so I think we heard your thoughts. You loved this movie you were in.
Speaker 1: I did not dislike this movie by any stretch of the imagination. I thought the story was a little bit muddled. Frankly, I thought it could have used a rewrite. Just strictly from that standpoint, I thought some of the character turns didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Speaker 4: They went back and forth.
Speaker 1: From I'm very happy I hate you in like sometimes one sentence and it's like wow. Maybe that's indicative of being a teenager at the time. I don't know, but it came off as a little abrupt to me. But again, the acting was bar none. The cast was incredible. I had some questions, but we will get into those.
Speaker 3: If I had a critique, I think it could have gone farther.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe that was it.
Speaker 3: With his disabilities, it could have go on farther to as far as showing like the kind of bullying that's someone.
Speaker 1: That see Maybe you're right, maybe that's what I needed, more of his day to day life than the family life. But it was really about the family, So maybe it was Maybe it was unbalanced, is what I was kind of feeling. Yeah, But again, the director of the directing, acting, and the directing I thought for this one, and Kidden, who directed it was I thought.
Speaker 4: Way ahead of its time.
Speaker 1: But anyway, as predicted as the day is long, this movie is directed by the legendary Paul Hohen Oh, yes, Paul Hoan again friend of the pod, the man who's directed everything in the history of Disney. Who else could it be? He is two D coms, what Tom Hanks is? Two movies about World War two. Week after week we seem to review only his films. But as a reminder, here are some of his greatest hits. I feel like our lovely listeners can speak them along with us because we say him every week. Camp Rock to Luck of the Irish, the entire Zombies franchise, Cheetah Girls, One World and read It and weep and Dad napped, Dad napped?
Speaker 2: What we just did to jump in?
Speaker 4: Jump in and jump again.
Speaker 1: If we just talked about his movies all the time, that would be the hour that we're talking.
Speaker 2: Is just Paul Howan Won or whatever that we haven't seen yet. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: And he's million dollar bake off. We've got so many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy makes the D and d COM stand for director Paul Howan, So yes, that means d COM stands for director Paul Hoan.
Speaker 4: Channel original movie. And let's get to the cast.
Speaker 1: Of course, because this was just bar Nunn. First up is Clara Bryant, who I thought maybe could be related to you if you added a T.
Speaker 4: To your name, but you didn't.
Speaker 2: She's a mix of me and Kobe exactly.
Speaker 1: She's playing Trudy true Walker. Clara was not a newbie when it came to the Channel. She was the first ever d com star in under Wraps from nineteen ninety seven. Again, depending on where you consider the d comdo started, and I know we will be arguing back and forth on where that actually is with Zooge and Disney Channel Original Movies and everything else, but under Wraps a lot of people consider the first one ever, and she was the first ever d com star.
Speaker 4: She's a Pioneer. She was also the star of a very short lived.
Speaker 1: TGIF sitcom called Billy, and appeared on Roseanne, Star Trek, d Space nine and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Awesome List, but left the business around two thousand and seven to attend some small little university called Columbia. Then he was a graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law. And she's now a corporate counsel for Swiss log and a mother of two.
Speaker 2: Wow, get it, Clara, so me?
Speaker 1: I mean we have this is She's not the first of these actors we've seen that have gone on to tremendous things outside of the business, and she is one of them. Next, of course, we have Shilah buff As Eddie Bryant. Beginning his career at twelve years old, Shia has grown up in the spotlight, both good and very bad. Though he appeared on TV shows like X Files and Freaks and Geeks at a young age, he first broke out for the Disney Channel crowd or just the Disney crowd in the movie Holes.
Speaker 4: Phenomenally good movie.
Speaker 1: I know it wasn't technically adcom, but hopefully we'll get to review it because it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Then on the classic show of course even Stevens.
Speaker 1: Which would become a DCM that we've already covered here a magical rewinds go back and check that out. But buff would enter adulthood and the rise to start him after his appearance on HBO's Project green Light, landing roles in I Robot, Transformers, Indiana Jones, and the Wall Street sequel, he became one of the more erratic infamous method actors, focusing on art films like Lars von Truer's Ninfomatiact Volumes and even creating a loud performance art career for himself. But sadly, though proving himself as one of the most arguably impressive actors of his entire generation, he has battled controversies and numerous concerning allegations that have held back his career. He appeared in last year's massive bomb Megalopolis, But here's to hoping he gets his life together and is able to work in a craft he was born to excel in. If he could just get out of his own way, he would truly be one of the greatest in the history of Hollywood, and that is not hyperbole.
Speaker 4: Are you a Shia fan.
Speaker 2: I am a Shia fan of his work. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He did date Keeley for a while, so's I actually know Shia and got to know his good friend Lorezzo as well, and we had such fun times together, just as like so fun.
Speaker 2: But you know, when your best sees and her boyfriend break up, that's kind of the end of your.
Speaker 4: Break, you know, you that's your right or die. I love that, that's absolutely.
Speaker 3: But as far as his work goes, I just think it's it's you can't question it. He's just a phenomenal actor. When he gets on this on any screen, big or small, he freaking shines.
Speaker 1: So you know, he's one of those people, especially when you see him when he's eleven twelve years old, he's one of those people that you say, born to do this. Yes, raw talent from the time you were born, and this is what you were meant to do. So here's to hoping he has a wonderful career because we're all missing out as fans and not being able to see him.
Speaker 2: But we need more Shia in our lives.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 1: But he's got to get out of his own way, and some of the allegations are pretty scary anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mayor Winningham is mom.
Speaker 1: Ginny Mayor is one of the original and less mentioned members of one of the greatest troops of all time, the Brat Pack, a group of young actors who took Hollywood by storm in the eighties. She broke out in the movie Sane Almo's Fire, which, if you go back and watch it sucks. It's an awful movie, alongside fellow PAC members Amilia Westevez, rob Lo, Demi Moore, Ali Sheety, and many more. She also appeared in movies like Turner and Hooch, Swing Vote, and Mildred Plays, and as far as TV, she's been on Grey's Anatomy, Dope Sick, four seasons of American Horror Story. She's just does it all. And here's a fun trivia question. Who was her high school boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Hmm? Her high school boyfriend was Val Kilmer.
Speaker 1: She was also Oscar nominated for her part in the nineteen ninety five movie Georgia, and was nominated for two Tony's and won two Emmys for her performances in TV mini series or movies.
Speaker 4: She's incredibly great. What to get for this movie? It is just stacking this cast one after another.
Speaker 3: Again you're just going, oh my gosh. I mean on screen, I was just like, wow, gep.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Is what the It showed what, especially in the early two thousands, what Disney Channel thought of their d coms and thought where they were gonna go. Where they could do a movie like this and then a movie like Cheetah Girls within a couple of years of each other. It's like, we're gonna run the gamut, and it was very impressive. William Francis McGuire is Dad Bob. He's been seeing in movies like Day After Tomorrow and Mission Impossible three and TV shows like The Mentalist.
Speaker 4: And Jack, which is what my dad did for a living.
Speaker 1: He currently is teaching acting at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, California, where my wife is from. Once again, I'm thinking all of this about myself.
Speaker 2: Oh see.
Speaker 1: Kevin Dehaney is friend Jake. He played a young Dave Chappelle and Half Baked Great movie would later become the Blue Dino thunder Power Ranger on Power Rangers SPD.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: You may have also seen him in the movies Honey or Four Brothers, and he now has a very prolific career in voice acting.
Speaker 4: I hope I get a chance to work with him someday. And then Yanni Gelman is Billy.
Speaker 1: He is best known Rewinders as Paolo in the Lizzie McGuire movie, and he's a well established TV actor from the Famous Jet Jackson to The Young and the Restless to Pretty Little Liars, where he.
Speaker 4: Played Garrett Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Now, I know this one doesn't quite have the big names for the lower down cast as something that you know, like jump In did, But what did you think of this cast?
Speaker 4: All the way around?
Speaker 2: I think it was great. I honestly, I loved the two friends. They kind of the one girl kind of irritated me here and.
Speaker 3: There, but just because that was that's not her fault, that that was her character, her character irritated me. But I thought all around, I mean, you know, I thought that there was moments that it felt very real when it comes to like what you.
Speaker 2: Think of dealing with the teenage daughter.
Speaker 3: Like, I thought the parents handled their characters very well, and the kids really like stepped into, you know, the drama of what it would be like to watch their friend, you know, go through something like this.
Speaker 2: So I thought they were all very like easy too easy to take and I love that.
Speaker 1: I thought this was truly a movie that I think hits you differently if you have children. Oh yeah, you know, if you watch it as as an older adult or and you've got kids.
Speaker 4: I think this is different than somebody who doesn't have children. I just I do. But anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned earlier, this is based on a book, so the writer, Jeanette Tajin, gets a credit and she shares it with good old Ironsides and named Disney approached whenever they needed a dcom heavy hitter. Former Magical Rewind guest and friend of the Pods Stu Krieger.
Speaker 4: He is the daddy of the dcom and he has returned.
Speaker 1: We know his work from movies like Xenon, Smart House, Going to the Mat, Gotta Kick It Up, the poof Point, cow Bells.
Speaker 4: List goes on and on and on again.
Speaker 1: As I said, he was a former guest of ours and the conversation was great, So please go listen to it, even if you have to pause this one able to listen to that, because it's worth it.
Speaker 4: He is that cool amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, get the tissues ready, gang, at least for Sabrina let's get into true confessions. We open with two little kids and Sabrina crying, a brother and a sister in overalls running carelessly through a field. Right on que we hear a female voice, our narrator True. She thinks it's funny that people on TV always live perfect lives. We see some photos and footage of them now as teenagers. They're twins Eddie and True. True admits she's obsessed with her camcorder as we see footage of her brother winning at what we think is the Special Olympics.
Speaker 4: And then we're in her room.
Speaker 1: Yes, the trope has returned, even if we didn't open right with it.
Speaker 4: It is here.
Speaker 1: It is back, baby, even if it's only for a few seconds. We see a lot of photographs of her family and friends, and we see scattered VHS tapes of movies she makes with classmates who are annoyed.
Speaker 4: By how much she documents.
Speaker 1: And again, now everybody's used to that, everybody's used to having their phone in their hand and filming everything.
Speaker 4: But back in the day you got you had to work for it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you wanted to document everything, you've got the super eight cam quorder going on all the time, and.
Speaker 4: I can see how that would get annoying for your friends. I was that person you were you. Did you ever get a video, Cameron, You're in your hands all time.
Speaker 3: Wait, I've got a shoe box filled with those mini DVDs, the minidvs. Yeah, yeah, and there I've got It's from like our whole first tour on the Cheetah Girls that I would love to sort through.
Speaker 2: But you can't watch them anymore because I don't have it. You know you can.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe the synergy we just found Sabrina. Throw them all in the Legacy box. Send them the Legacy box, and they digitize everything fun.
Speaker 2: I'm so scared someone will take them, and.
Speaker 1: So no one's gonna take anything and do them with them. They are a Pod Meets World sponsor. They are wonderful. Sending the Legacy box. We've been sending in all our stuff.
Speaker 4: They are great. Look at the synergy Boom just got in a commercial. Thank you. Seriously, throw them in a box. You'll get them all back.
Speaker 1: It is amazing, and you get to watch everything We've been watching stuff from Boy Meets World where Rider was taking behind the scenes footage watching it again has been incredible, So there you go, shout out to our friends at the Legacy box.
Speaker 4: So uh yeah. Anyway, her friends are not feeling it.
Speaker 1: True won't be happy until she turns her life into a sitcom, which she's fine with because no matter how big the problems are on TV, by the final commercial, it's all worked out. Her reality is harsh, but she'd much rather live.
Speaker 4: Life in the tube.
Speaker 1: Off the ferry and now biking across beautiful Toronto, and it is absolutely beautiful. The three friends end up at True's house, where they're welcomed by her brother Eddie, flashing a camera in their faces.
Speaker 4: Yelling paparazzi paparazzi.
Speaker 1: True is not thrilled with the jump scare, and he really does not know when to give up. Eventually he's stopped by their mom, returning home from the day at work. We get an awkward silence here, and Denise and Jack realize it might be time to go home. True is mad, but Eddie isn't sure what he did wrong, And here it becomes more obvious that Eddie does have a mental impairment. It's worth noting now we do have to say this. Of course, the times were then what they are they are different now, and look at the past through the lens of the future never works.
Speaker 4: However, you do have.
Speaker 1: To point out that the portrayal of disabilities and TV and movies appears to still be an evolving standard, with more and more actors who are actually part of the affected communities finally getting a chance to portray themselves. But it's a very new trend, and coincidentally, Shia was early on in this development. In the great movie Peter butterfalcon Co starring Zach Gottzigen, an actor became the first person with Down syndrome to be a presenter at the Academy Awards, which he did with Shia. So this is a great change has taken place over the last few years, and if they did it now, you probably would not see Shia in this role anymore in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: But this was two thousand and two and this is just how it was done.
Speaker 1: Eddie re enters the house ashamed and True doesn't let up. Their mom tries to step in, but True is fed up with her brother getting his way. He explains he just wanted to be funny, but she's still seeing white spots and he chased away all of her friends. He says he's sorry, and True, of course reluctantly forgives him. A very affected Eddie goes off to work on some homework, leaving True alone with her mom. Ginny is not happy with her daughter, and True doesn't understand the double standard her mom has for her kids, but Eddie doesn't want to feel left out, and then we see that Eddie secretly is listening from the stairs. True doesn't understand how her brother can't do anything wrong, but she can't do anything right. She storms off, which becomes a big motif in this movie, which was one of my problems, and Eddie, as if he needed to feel any worse, hangs his head in sadness. True slams her bedroom door shut and imagines a surreal world where she's the star of a Brady Bunch STV sitcom. It's in front of a live studio audience and it's all painted as her fantasy. And this is where I thought this was way ahead of its time. We saw this on I mean in the nineties they did it in Natural Born Killers and things like that, but I thought the direction of this movie taking it to occasionally being on a sitcom stage, going into her fantasies. The flashbacks of them running in the field really well directed for a d com. This might, in my opinion, be the best directed Paul Hohen joint, which is saying something because he does everything.
Speaker 4: But it was artsy and fun and different, and I loved it.
Speaker 3: The I loved the flashbacks because they were like slower motion, they were grainy. You could absolutely tell that this was like you instantly go into that flashback mode. And they were like very seamless to me, like they didn't seem abrupt, which I think sometimes flashbacks can, and especially love. I loved this, this this TV show idea that they.
Speaker 4: Did me too. I thought the way they were doing it was very very cool.
Speaker 1: Her mom is a June Cleaver type now and on this new show and tells her how proud she is and how True has the best taste in clothes.
Speaker 4: She gets one.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollar raised, an allowance and a boop on the nose, only to quickly return to reality. Alone in her room, True sits down and talks into the camera MTV confessional style. So there we go, breaking the fourth wall again. It's her secret video journal called True tales. She explains her life isn't a sitcom, it's a soap opera. She can't talk to her mom, who's always so busy with Eddie, and her dad is never home because he's a brain surgeon, which is a gross profession also kind of an important one. One day she'll be incredibly famous on TV and this journal will show what her life was really like. But more than anything, she just needs something that is completely and privately hers. There now, getting ready for a family dinner, Eddie is carefully setting the table. Their dad is busy at the hospital, so they'll start a little later than usual. Meanwhile, True starts correcting Eddie's mistakes with the setting. They don't need soup spoons tonight, but this immediately messes with what Eddie knows and what he wants. It's truessnight to do the dishes, though, and she doesn't want to wash anything that they don't use, but her mom says it seems like she wants to argue about everything. She grabs her camera and instructs her future self to cast someone other than her mom when they make a show of her life harsh as True storms off, this one obviously hurts her mom's feelings. Now in her room, True is talking to her camera again, explaining that her mom is vain and asks the most embarrassing questions about her in public. She also packs intricate lunches for them, which True finds very corny, which again I find very nice. Eventually, we are back at the dinner table and now finally joined by dad. Eddie is retelling the paparazzi story from earlier, telling it is a funny moment instead of the one that infuriated his sister, but True lets her dad know.
Speaker 4: The truth it wasn't funny.
Speaker 1: Then, while being handed to broccoli, Eddie drops the bowl, breaking the glass dish and shards fly everywhere. The dad responds on impulse, jumping up and yelling not again, but their mom calms him down quickly, she'll get it cleaned up. But Bob is still annoyed that the broccoli is covered in glass.
Speaker 4: And this is when I was having I was like, okay, this is.
Speaker 1: I had a feeling where we were heading with this this point. I was getting the the dcom Dad red flags instantly.
Speaker 3: Also, first Ball was like, why are you guys not using plastic bulls? If this kid drops stuff everywhere. Why have we not changed our behavior to help him out a little bit clastic, simplest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, I want to have delicate crystal at every meal that we serve, like.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, because I'm telling you, as a parent, regardless, this is something.
Speaker 2: You go through.
Speaker 3: Maybe not at his age, at Eddie's age, that you're still going through that, but that's what I'm at right now with Like, let's just takes the bowl.
Speaker 2: He's not dropping it, he's chucking it across.
Speaker 3: So Leger will not get glass bulls, plastic bowl.
Speaker 2: Not hard classic bol dang yep.
Speaker 1: So Eddie apologizes any hugs his dad who comes back down to earth, and he said, you know, sorry about my mistake.
Speaker 4: With a smile on his face.
Speaker 1: He says, one day they'll get through a meal without dropping or breaking anything, and again plastic bowls. Brother buy a plastic bowl. Eddie, though, is shaken up, but they get back to eating.
Speaker 4: That night.
Speaker 1: In her room, True draws in her journal as she narrates about baby sharks attacking each other in the womb. Her drawings come to life again another like just cool directing thing. The sharks now attached to her in her brother's head, swim around, and her shark eventually eats her brother. She slams the bookshut and wonders, what if everything that is wrong.
Speaker 4: With Eddie is her fault.
Speaker 1: She was born first, so maybe things would have been different if he was born first. She logs onto a special Need Special Care internet message board and posts for some answers. She wants to make him more comfortable at their new high school and feel more accepted in the world and ask people for ideas. It's very sweet. This is so, this is where I was going back and forth with everything's changing.
Speaker 4: She's mad and then she feels bad.
Speaker 1: But then I started to realize that's probably what it's like if you are a a teenager and be dealing with somebody who deals with this in their life. I mean, it must be this kind of frustrating, and then you're guilty for being frustrated and.
Speaker 4: You want to make their life better. It must be very difficult.
Speaker 3: I feel like you you have You're still You're still human, so your instincts and your reactions are especially as a teenager. They have such a hard time kind of filtering these things anyway, And then put on the fact that her brother really needs a lot of special care, you know, and she's in the part where she's wanting to demand her time with her parents, and that is even just what normal brothers and sisters do.
Speaker 4: And it's just maybe that's the scene that was missing for me.
Speaker 3: Feel the guilt of it, you know, going, damn, why can't I control my emotions? I know this is going to happen, you know, I just that's for me think in this movie, just going, this.
Speaker 4: Girl somebody olver.
Speaker 3: I mean, although I did cringe every time she jumps in her mom's face.
Speaker 6: It's off.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's the scene I was missing. Maybe I'm missing exactly that I'm missing the mom going I know this is tough and it's hard on all of us, and we I understand how frustrated you must feel. And I think you're a great sister, like maybe like maybe I need a dad a little more, which I didn't see. It was just kind of yelling in it. But anyway, True falls quickly asleep again and enters a dream. It's the two kids from the beginning, still running through the field. They're picking flowers and wrestling. Obviously, it's an easier time for what we can guess is these same two siblings. The next morning, Two is at our locker talking to Denise about how she connected with Billy Meyer, the hottest junior at school. But we see a flashback and all he did was ask her if there was an assembly today. Denise rolls her eyes. Yeah, wow, he must be in love with you. Jack runs up, he's got big news, but the bell rings before he can dish out all the hot goss. But the kids are calling it, and instead of walking a home room, True checks in on her brother. He's working in the special education class, talking to classmates, who, again worth noting, are all actors with real disabilities. So you know that was a good thing.
Speaker 4: But I guess what transition?
Speaker 2: Transition?
Speaker 1: Yes, the twins exchange a quick smile, and as she turns to get the class, she bumps into.
Speaker 4: What Billy Meyer, the hot junior.
Speaker 1: She awkwardly apologizes, and True knows she's coming off very weird. She thinks if she had Billy as her boyfriend, life would be perfect, and we're thrown right back on that sitcom set. The audience is feverishly applauding as Billy, now dressed in a suit, holding flowers, does his best Desi Arnaz impression, Trusy I'm home. True is dressed just like Lucy o'ball, red Wig and all. They exchange some very I Love Lucy inspired dialogue, but as they profess their love for each other, we're thrown back to reality and school, where True is filming her billy playing basketball from Afar.
Speaker 4: She's interrupted by her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'll say yikes, I don't even want to find when she later finds all her secret tapes, I don't even want to find the secret secret stash.
Speaker 4: She has just a billy.
Speaker 1: She's interrupted by Eddie, Denise and Jack. Ready to eat lunch. Jack is grossed out by his Liverworth sandwich. Of course he should be, so when he sees True's chicken wings, he wants to trade the wings for his hot goss, saying it again. She eventually accepts, and he reveals he knows a way she could become a TV star. She races home to her mom. It's a miracle, the chance of a lifetime. She throws down a newspaper ad that reads, host your Own TV Show. W TUV is having a contest for kids. The winner becomes a host on the channel. True, no, she'll win, but her mom sets her expectations. They're going to get hundreds of entries. True wanted her mom to be supportive. So we're seeing a pattern here, and once again she storms off very angry, and she does she does this kind of happy angry.
Speaker 4: It's very there's almost no transition between the two. A lot of times.
Speaker 1: Now in her room, True is spitballing ideas into her camera. The show can be called True Life Adventures or True True or NYPD True Mad about True True Tales.
Speaker 4: True wants to.
Speaker 1: Be a millionaire. She keeps thinking on it. All right, So if you had a talk show.
Speaker 4: What would you call it?
Speaker 3: Ooh, cheated chatter kind of works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: Actually, Keigly and I did one on YouTube for a while called Dinner with Friends. We loved it because it was like that dinner. It wasn't a morning talk show with coffee. It was like a dinner talk show where we were chatting about different things that were happening in the world or you know.
Speaker 2: It was really fun.
Speaker 3: I actually really loved it. But yeah, I think kind of more around like food. Okay, like a dinner table where you really getting at like just some fun you know chatter, but cheated chat is always always good.
Speaker 1: We also didn't know each other, so I won't hold it against you that you didn't invite me to be.
Speaker 4: On your show. We are now back at school.
Speaker 1: True is on her way out of English class when she decides to talk to her teacher, mister Taylor about the KTUV contest.
Speaker 4: She needs his help coming up with an idea.
Speaker 1: He says he always teaches you to write what you know, and he says that could be applied to TV too, which, by the way, for all you young writers out there, that is a great rule of thumb. She seems inspired by his advice. Now we are at True's mom's work. She's at her computer and reveals to a coworker that she was on the special needs special care site looking for music classes for Eddie and she came across Truth's post. She's hurt that True didn't come to her for help like she used to. She's definitely growing up. Is this a weird kind of take?
Speaker 4: I mean, isn't she? This is again where I was like?
Speaker 1: Her daughter is going out of her way to try to learn as much as she can to make her brother's life easier. Wouldn't she be proud of that as opposed to like getting it wasn't angry, but I just feel like she was focused on the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was like angry. I feel like she was just disappointed because I think what what parents tend to do is they take on that kind of stuff themselves, like where did I go wrong in this relationship to where she's not coming to me? You know, I'm trying to set the pattern of how I say things to Monroe when she comes home and tells me things about school. There's a way to do it to where you always make sure that they know that when you come to you, you're a safe place versus because you don't want them to be going out to other people. You want them to come in, you want them to be you.
Speaker 2: Want to be their safe place.
Speaker 3: I think that's what her takes was she she was kind of going what how did.
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: How did I lose this? How did I? Where did I go wrong? You know? And and it's just understanding that kids are just like this.
Speaker 3: I've got I go I'm in this age with the girls that I that I teach and I love that I get to sort of be a person that can help anything. When when they have this a little bit of a disconnect from the people they have gone to their whole life, their mom and their dad. You know, people kids just at this age are reaching out looking for other people.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it happens. That's fair, it's natural, okay.
Speaker 1: Ginny also knows that all that True does is yell at her, which is true, so she's insecure about their connection. She returns to Tru's post and it looks like she just sent a reply. At home that night, True was doing her homework and tells her mom that having a boy twin stinks. She doesn't get to do cool stuff like they did in the parent Trap. Just then, Eddie enters, dresses a doctor. He says he's just like his dad. He performs an operation on a watermelon or what he calls a broken brain, True in Ginny's smile. They play a lot until their dad enters and he is mad. He wants to know what the hell is going on. Okay, we can't avoid it any longer, can we can? We already induct Bob Walker into the bad Dad.
Speaker 4: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not even doing anything wrong at this point at all.
Speaker 3: No, No, But I feel like it's it's hard because I, yes, I could not this.
Speaker 2: This guy was starting to bother me.
Speaker 3: But I feel like there's a lot of things that could have been set in place, did not put Eddie in a position to keep pissing him off too, Like why is your why are these tools if they're so important to you in a place that he can get to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's keeping him with all the glass bowls, that's what I mean. Why are you in my glass bowl?
Speaker 4: Ancient tech? Yet he doesn't sound like an any problem Bob. It sound like a Bob problem. It's like a Bob problem. It does.
Speaker 1: But Bob is uh, yeah, he's I get he's busy and he's doing all that stuff. And I think they're trying to make this movie it's supposed to be about how nobody is really taking the time to look at anything through anybody else's point of view.
Speaker 2: It's just how you're going through it.
Speaker 1: It's just they're all kind of in selfish mode, at least in the beginning.
Speaker 3: But I will say, except for it, speaking of mister Stu again, Yeah, remember how he said that he refused to do characters where the dad and the daughter have like he doesn't like to have characters where the dad is looking like a jerk.
Speaker 2: This is this is the jerkiest dad we've seen.
Speaker 1: Steve do exactly and be like, Ah, Stu, we got a jerky dad for you.
Speaker 2: I think we forgot about one of your characters.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you because this is you got it.
Speaker 1: You got a jerky dad here, yeah, Stu, Yeah, I'm I can't okay.
Speaker 3: And a mom that can't seem to get it together very well either. I mean, but they're all struggling.
Speaker 1: They were missing each other. Yeah, and I think the struggle was the point of it.
Speaker 4: I get that. And she's supposed to be filming the struggle. I get it.
Speaker 1: It's just it was very abrupt at times. But I understand what they're going for. Bob tells his son that the tools are antiques gifted down from his dad. Eddie starts crying and yelling he's not a doctor. Doctors are mean. Ginny jumps in. She says Eddie was being careful. Then the young boy slams the watermelon to the floor, breaking it to pieces. Bob gives his look to his wife and yeah, he sucks as a dad. Later in their bedroom, Bob is explaining himself to Ginny. It's like everything he does with.
Speaker 4: This kid is wrong. She says, it's his tone.
Speaker 1: Bob wonders if they don't put if they don't push him, will he ever grow? And this gets slightly heated, and things just aren't easy right now for the Walkers, and again a very rare, frustrated conversation between two adults.
Speaker 2: And yes, I thought of that.
Speaker 3: I said, this is really kind of one of the first times where we're seeing and it's I assume.
Speaker 2: This would be very real of how hard it.
Speaker 3: Is to be in a marriage when you're both having to, you know, handle this delicate of a situation, and how you're looking at each other somewhat judging each other. Yeah, I handle it this way, and this way is better than the way you handle it, you know, and how much that could affect.
Speaker 1: They're really frustrated and you're yelling, and I think they were trying to cap Yes. Yeah, we are now back in True's bedroom. She's dreaming once again about her and Eddie as kids in the field, but now she can't find him.
Speaker 4: She's yelling his name, running all around. Sabrina is still crying, and.
Speaker 1: Somebody find Eddie and over in Eddie's room, He's sleeping on the floor, violently tossing and turning, crying and saying True's name. We don't know if he's having the same dream or he's kind of still reacting to being yelled at by his dad. I don't know if twins have the same dreams. I bet you they do. Eddie's dad eventually puts him in the bed and rubs his head until he is back asleep. The next day, Eddie's playing catch with his dad. We get a montageing all of Eddie's throws sail well over Bob's head or into the ground. Bob is all smiles at first, praising his son's attempt, so I think he's probably felt guilty about how he treated him the day before. But eventually he just gets exhausted running everywhere to get the ball, so he decides to take Eddie to get a hot fudge Sunday.
Speaker 4: Eddie loves that idea, so do I.
Speaker 1: I'd be eating one right now if I could. It's now later and True is still working in her bedroom when she turns her attention to the special needs sight. Again, her post has gotten some replies. She reads them and imagines the contributor. She can cox an old lady yelling and again, now this is another great moment of direction where it's kind of we're cutting to all these things. We could easily just read it off the screen, or it could be read in a voiceover, but no, we're cutting to these things, which is another cool Paul Holand trick. Here she can cox an old lady telling her the question isn't what's wrong with her brother, what's wrong with her?
Speaker 4: Harsh?
Speaker 1: She also suggests true just needs a strong sense of faith. The next reply is from a motorcycle dude. He has a son who sounds a lot like Eddie and their school board was a big help.
Speaker 4: Maybe she can try that. What this is?
Speaker 3: When it went uh oh okay, now we're entering the scariness of chat rooms and who the heck you could be talking to?
Speaker 2: Like, of course, my twenty twenty five brain goes.
Speaker 3: So badly into the dark side once I see this motorcycle guy, like, oh god.
Speaker 2: Now he's gonna be gonna and oh gosh, what's going on? You know, I couldn't even help it, but this is.
Speaker 3: It's all nice, super scared about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get scared soon, but we weren't scared yet the motorcycle did. He has a son who sounds a lot like eddying the school board was a big help. Maybe she can try that. And finally, she imagines an all American housewife with the screen named Dedi. The woman is praising True as a sister. She suggests that support and love can do the trick, and she says she's always around if True needs her.
Speaker 4: The next day, back on the Very True.
Speaker 1: Ask Denise and Jack if they think Billy meyerd would be in her film. Billy My don't, but her friends don't really care. They say, I'm sorry, No, I'm just I just got a rashly pissed over Yolanda from the The Dutch Dragons anyway, the Dutch Dragon don't get me started. But her friends don't really care. They say he is an ego maniac. True thinks this contest can be the beginning the rest of her life, but her friends think she's probably overselling it. We are now back on Land, being followed by Eddie. She mentions mister Taylor's suggestion, but everything she quote unquote knows is incredibly boring. Should she do a movie parody and animation and hip hop music? And then she gets the most brilliant idea ever and races back on the boat to do some research. When True eventually returns home, she's carrying a bunch of heavy books. Her dad is home early from work, which is a rare occurrence, and True is happy to see him. She needs his help on the WTUV contest. She decided on a new magazine show to teach people about kids like Eddie, how they get that way, what doctors are doing to try to help them. She wonders if one of his really smart and TV friendly doctor coworkers could sit for an interview. He slightly suggests himself, but she wants professional, not pathetic.
Speaker 6: Ouch.
Speaker 4: The family is just so mean to each other. That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I wrote that one down, meaning she just has them coming out one after another.
Speaker 2: It would be hard to live with her, honestly.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yes it is, yeah, But just then Eddie comes rollerblading in, but he's falling all over the place.
Speaker 1: He's proud and wants his dad to come watch him skate outside. But that's when Bob gets paid by work. He runs the phone just as the doorbell rings. True answers it and it's Yolanda. No, it's Billy Meyer. He is delivering groceries. He helps her bring in the bags, and her brother continues to scream and glide around. He eventually bumps into his sister, forcing Oranges to fall to the floor. True won't pick them up. It wasn't her fault. Eddie accidentally tackles his dad, who's trying to talk on the phone, and then skates right over his sister's finger. Now Billy is, of course, seeing all of this chaos, waiting for his tip.
Speaker 4: He finally exits just as Ginny arrives home.
Speaker 1: Which is good news for Bob because he's got to go to the hospital for an emergency. Big shocker, He's leaving again, and leaving True without the project help she needed, and leaving his wife Ginny with all the mess and everything else going on. True is furious and slams her brother's uneaten carrots down the garbage to both. She just wants it to be normal in her house. For once Billy Meyer was in their house. It was Billy Meyer mom, and she was so embarrassed. Later that night, We're at the Walker's dinner table. Dad, Mom, and Eddie take their seats on the glass table with glass bowls and glass plates, and True eventually arrives with new carrots, this time paper ones she made from construction paper. This gets a smile from the family and peace is sort of re established, at least for now. That night, True writes back Detie on her message board. She goes into detail about how her mom is always too busy to hear about her TV project and how Eddie is just so content in his life. She spends so much time worrying about and looking out for him, but maybe he's one of the luckiest people in the family. He's happier than anyone she knows. The next day, True is back to work on our project, so we get a montage my favorite. She interviews one of her dad's doctor friends. She edits, she films her brother, and gets some shots. In her science classroom, she's working very hard, in fact, so hard that she falls asleep in class and right out of the chair, which is starting to become a new Disney trope.
Speaker 4: We've now seen that a few times, because.
Speaker 1: Didn't he fell asleep in the middle class and jump in ye remember that, So everybody's fall asleep in class?
Speaker 4: Another enjoyed.
Speaker 2: I think way back in.
Speaker 3: Brink when he was going two times with the with the skate rope, he was fall sleeping class. I think as well, fall asleep in class.
Speaker 1: But of course she's doing this right in front of Billy Meyer. Oh that cute Billy Meyer. She just cannot catch a break with this guy.
Speaker 4: But the hard work was worth it.
Speaker 1: The project is now done and it's time to screen it for Denise, Jack and Eddie. They promised to be honest once it begins. Eddie loves seeing himself on the screen, and they all seem interested at first, but it becomes way too scientifically focused on the brain and they start to doze off. Finally, it ends and her friends let out a big sigh. They admit it's just boring.
Speaker 4: True agrees, she.
Speaker 1: Knows that she's got to make some changes, and Jack suggests getting a second opinion. Sweetly, Eddie still congratulates.
Speaker 4: His sister on a job well done.
Speaker 1: Her second opinion is her mom, who watches it and also thinks it's a little bit boring. She thinks that True played it too safe. She wants to see what True's emotional POV is not just medical explanations. And then guess what happens. True gets irrationally mad and shouts in storms off, oh, I can't even.
Speaker 4: Believe it again, And that's when I was like, and it was the instant, it was.
Speaker 3: Like, sure is real life. This is for sure real life with girls and their moms at this age. I swear it is. It happens so quick. You just don't even know what's happening. Even when I was a girl doing this, I don't know what was happening and why all of a sudden, just got so pissed so quick because.
Speaker 4: I was like, what did what?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: That came out of nowhere?
Speaker 2: Out of nowhere? You cannot see it coming? Will okay, just smash in the face.
Speaker 4: I will take your word for it. We are now in Eddie's room.
Speaker 1: True is reading her brother a bedtime story and asks his real opinion on the project.
Speaker 4: He said it.
Speaker 1: Needed more car crashes. She laughs, but second guesses are talent. Eddie assures her that she's funny, but then gets serious. He wants to know if True is mad at him. She says, of course. She explains that she's been busy with her tape, but Eddie admits it makes him sad she used to be his twin and now she's not. It's a very touching scene that leads True back to the message board. It is hard not to love Eddie.
Speaker 4: And I almost teared up here. Okay, it was close. I was like, okay, little language for me is bawling.
Speaker 1: If I'm like I have a slight emotional feeling, then it's like I'm crying my eyes.
Speaker 2: I love it, Yes, I know.
Speaker 3: And he's so honest too about it, you know, and it's like he's learned to be able to express his feelings and you're just going, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, especially with twins, twins, I do believe I've always wanted.
Speaker 4: To be you want to have them.
Speaker 3: I like you just it's like this connection between the two of them, and to imagine what it would be like for one of them to struggle so much. Just like, oh man, this was such a great scene and s I did such a great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 1: True replies to Dedie again, she feels like a loser who can't figure out this project and her mom isn't helping it all. She ends by asking dede if the project gets too personal, won't people.
Speaker 4: Just laugh at her? At the next day's soccer game, and I, okay this.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: Why is she on the team with the with the because this is obviously a team for people with intellectual disabilities, But why is she the only person on the team who doesn't have intellectual disabilities?
Speaker 4: I didn't understand that.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't either. But True arrives with her family. I figured they'd all just be there to support him. Eddie is also in a jersey. True tells her dad that she's still creatively stuck, but he's convinced she'll do fine in the end. On the field, the coach, who's awesome, seems great, almost like he'd be a better dad for the twins, which he would. He reminds Eddie not to use his hands and tells him to go and have some fun.
Speaker 4: Now we're mid game.
Speaker 1: Ginny gets a breakaway and passes to an open Eddie without even looking up. It's almost like they have some sort of twin telepathy, which is what she's talking about in the voiceover.
Speaker 4: Then Eddie shoots and scores.
Speaker 1: Everybody celebrates, especially Eddie, who hugs his sister and waves to his parents, who were filming the whole thing back in home. Dede, still being imagined as an old fashioned housewife, has replied. She admits that True's life is intense, but no one makes great art without taking a risk. Dede suggests she should show her true self to be rewarded. True is now in a walk with Denise and Eddie, chatting about her new online friendship with Dede. Denise wonders if it's actually a five hundred pounds man with Nasty bo and Harry Back, which is exactly what you were talking about, which is what people were starting to wonder about in the early chat rooms.
Speaker 4: Never been in a chat room in my entire.
Speaker 2: Life, not even those AOL ones.
Speaker 4: And I'm still AOL by the way, I'm Rider Diol.
Speaker 1: My email is still AOL, still existing AOL.
Speaker 4: Well, there's like three of us left. It's me, my mom, and I think some like one of my old friends. That's it. But I am AOL Rider died.
Speaker 1: But I've never in my because I'm not a computer guy, I've never in my life been in a chat room.
Speaker 3: Yeah mean I I Yeah, They're mean.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Ginny says it's a medical sight, and Dedie is very supportive, so she trusts her. After filming her brother and some ducks, True announces she's decided to include herself in the movie. Denise asks if she's sure she wants to do that. True isn't, but she knows that it's the right thing to do. Back at home, True unlocks a small safe in a room. It's filled with a dozen or so camp quarter tapes, all of Sabrina behind the scenes doing Cheetah Girls, non kidding camp quarter tapes labeled as top secret. We see another montage of home videos, both good and bad, including a family dinner where Bob freaks out on Eddie again. This guy can't get through a meal without yelling at his kid. It ends with footage of Eddie being bullied at school by jocks. They even call him the R word, which is just awful.
Speaker 2: That just, I mean jumped out at me.
Speaker 3: It's so bad and it made me think that poor actor now knowing that that is forever on film.
Speaker 4: I know it's but it just it just hits the ear so wrong.
Speaker 2: It's wrong, man, And like you know, he wanted a line.
Speaker 3: He was so soaked to book it, and now it's like he's probably like, oh man, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I can't believe. Yeah, I know, I can't believe you've seen the movie. No, it's awful.
Speaker 1: True is devastated reliving some of these memories.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 1: The next day, True and a vacation ready Eddie are off to the beach with her mom.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be a trip for all four walkers.
Speaker 1: But you my guess that right, dick. Bob has an emergency and can't join. Now, I understand, he's literally a brain surgeon. He's saving people's lives. I totally get it. You are on call twenty four to seven when you are a doctor of that caliber, I understand. But then you figure maybe you're the coolest dad in the world for the twenty minutes you're with your kid, as opposed to yelling at everybody who knows. So yeah, Bob once again can't join. At the beach, Eddie becomes frustrated with his kite. He can't get it to fly no matter how hard he tries. True, who is filming her brother, suggests there might not be enough wind, but Eddie is taking it really hard. He calls the kite stupid, and he repeats the R word about the kite's crying very hard as True keeps the camera rolling. She eventually turns it off, obviously affected by this episode.
Speaker 4: It was a very powerful scene watching Shia do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Later that night, it is hoaring rain on the On the drive home, horing rain, True is watching the emotional footage back with her brother fast asleep in the back seat, to think she can't show this tape to anybody. What if they laugh at Eddie. Her mom wonders why they'd even laugh. The footage shows how much he means to True and it's very moving. Also, again unrelated to the film, the rain outside is insane. Go back and watch this scene. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I guess it's just Paul just making the decision to film in Toronto so often, but like, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like this has happened to him so many times during shoots. Like it's pouring. It is literally pouring.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're in the eye of a tornado or a hurricane, the type of weather that can kill a wicked witch.
Speaker 4: Incredible.
Speaker 1: True quotes her message board Paltie saying something along the lines of not being afraid to expose your true feelings. And that's when her mom has a question, can she tell her something about.
Speaker 2: This d D.
Speaker 1: True gets defensive, It's not some five hundred brond guy, if that's what you're gonna say. Her mom decides not to tell her whatever she's thinking.
Speaker 4: It's too sensitive a subject.
Speaker 1: But we all knew at this point, and we'll we'll get into that. That night, while it's still El Nino outside, True reads a new d D post. Her penpal encourages her to send in her tape. The following day, True and Denise cast a luxpell on the now completed video project. Jake has joined them on a mission to mail it. True is entering the contest without any time left to show her friends. She's just gonna let it fly and hope for the best. True returns home and tells her mom the tape is on the way to the studio. Her mom is very proud of her. She responds with if you show your true self, you will be rewarded, an exact quote from DEDI what man. True imagines the housewife she's been imagining as d D now morphing into her real mom.
Speaker 4: She's figured it out. Her mom is d d duh. I mean, come on, we all knew it.
Speaker 1: Do you think anybody watching the movie didn't know this at this point?
Speaker 4: I mean it was so obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, But I can see how she wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Know, right, But I mean maybe, But yeah, True is the last one to find out, but they didn't try to hide it from the rest of us.
Speaker 4: We all knew.
Speaker 1: No, Ginny tries to explain, but True feels tricked and feels stupid for everything going on. She says she hates her mom, and then here it is yet again, she storms out.
Speaker 4: It's like a catch phrase at this point.
Speaker 1: Now, at a local carnival, we see that True is on a carousel fevershly looking for Eddie. She's become worried where is he. She eventually finds him by nearby lake, wearing a new hat. He says some boys in the bridge gave it to him. Concerned he's stolen something from strangers, she walks over to these boys to find out what happened, and then she realizes.
Speaker 4: One of them is Billy Billy Meyer.
Speaker 1: She tries to give him the hat back, but it dramatically falls to the floor when he rejects it. He then oh, he turns total heel. He asks, true, isn't it be kind? I can't even.
Speaker 4: Isn't it be kind? To an R word week? And just like that, Billy's a.
Speaker 2: You know, I had hopes for Billy. I did too when he showed up at the house.
Speaker 3: I thought his character was gonna see true and see how much she goes through and it was gonna be this like really great character moment for him, and that's what his storyline was going to develop into. I wanted her to push this dick off of this bridge so much faster than she did, like, I can't even.
Speaker 1: The only part of this that upset me was the fact that it wasn't concrete underneath it, that it was water.
Speaker 3: That I did love that it wasn't it was it was more shallow than what you thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Because he stood up and I was like, oh, yeah, you hit your back. You hit your back, I know you did.
Speaker 1: You wanted to climb through the screen and punch this guy in the jaw so bad it was, I mean, really punch this guy in the jaw so true? Is of course shocked that jerk keeps laying it on, saying the guy's all bit in the hat too, toue ask what the hell is wrong with him? He calls her a freak while his friends are laughing. Did you I feel like you?
Speaker 4: I was hoping. I had high hopes for Billy Meyer. I thought he was going to be a good guy, even with the hat.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to be like No, we gave that to him.
Speaker 4: We wanted him to have it. He needed to have it, have.
Speaker 2: It, he needed that. He wanted it too.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was. It was awful.
Speaker 2: I got so heated so fast, me too. I switched on. That's when you know you can't trust me. It takes one thing. Billy all right, you're out. You're out. You're all the rest you are out, out out.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where I said to myself in my head, I was like, Okay, if I was an adult, my own age forty eight right now and walking on the bridge and heard some kid who's probably fifteen or sixteen saying this to people like this played out in front of me, I don't know what I would do. Oh, I don't know if I would have smacked this kid in the mouth.
Speaker 3: I have I because we work in the gym at the school, and there are many times it's it's sometimes girls, but a lot of times it's got saying things, and they use such terrible it's not even the curse words that bother me. It's it's the names like this, And I fully go like Grandma mode on the excuse me, sir, excuse me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I had to have heard you wrong. There's just no way you speak to someone like this. You are not a little kid. You are almost an adult, gonna be in the big world, and someone's gonna smack you in the face. If you do that again, that's not cool. Don't do that again in that room right there. I don't want to hear this again.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I want to see you happened because they're so mean.
Speaker 2: They can be, and I know they're probably great kids, but it's like you.
Speaker 3: Just it's not funny. It's it's it's nothing but wrong. That's just the end of the story.
Speaker 4: There is a very simple concept to live by. People. Don't be a dick. Yeah, just that simple.
Speaker 2: It's just just so.
Speaker 1: True reacts exactly as she should by pushing him off the bridge into the river.
Speaker 4: Good for you, True.
Speaker 1: The twins run away, leaving the bully drenched, and they sprint right past their parents, who drive them home in the car. True still feels the tension with her mom and is very disturbed by what happened on the bridge. She closes her eyes and imagines her and her brother in the field again, but she still can't find Eddie. Also worth noting. Back in the car, Eddie is playing with a very nostalgic bop It.
Speaker 4: Do you remember it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, all right good?
Speaker 2: Oh, she was so stoked to see that Bopitt.
Speaker 4: Was the best.
Speaker 1: Back at home, Treo was already removing Billy from her footage when her mom enters. True still doesn't want to talk to her, but Ginny apologizes for pretending to be d D. She just wanted to connect with her. True accepts the apology. It was a half exception of apology, but it's really still mad about what that creep Billy did with the hat. She slams the door on her confused mom's face, which again.
Speaker 4: Later.
Speaker 1: True decides to call WTUV and ask when the winner of the Host your Own TV Show contest will be announced, But she's been calling so much they recognize her voice. Then we are added a possibly big library.
Speaker 2: Library is the size of the mall it is.
Speaker 4: It's like the library Alexandria back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yes I have Okay, Then it made me go, well I do.
Speaker 3: I haven't been in like a ton of libraries throughout my life, which is probably not a good look for.
Speaker 2: Me, but it's true.
Speaker 3: And I have never been in a library anywhere near this. The biggest is maybe a two story.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're talking to one, not one with an elevator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe I have an elevator for like Mandy Kott like reasons, but not not a one.
Speaker 4: This is huge.
Speaker 1: This is what they call a bal or a big ass library. Yeah, so it's probably the biggest library in the history of the world, which I'm assuming was actually the library at this Danforth College, which that's true, is a massive library. True is studying with Jake and Eddie is reading kids books next to them. Once Eddie needs a new book to read, he goes to make a trade, but accidentally walks into an open elevator. He, you know, is now going down many many floors. Against library is a sizeable hotel in Vegas. You can feel the fear as he exits onto a new floor. He has no idea where he is. He's roaming the aisles, hearing voices and completely lost. He's panicked now and running screaming for his sister. True and Jake here his cry and run towards him. Eddie eventually is cornered and a librarian walks in and asks him to keep it down. Eddie just wants to find his sister, and when the librarian starts to get a little aggressive, it seems like a scared Eddie backs into a wall, slamming into some of the bookshelves and the books fall on the ground. He then falls to the ground, balls up, and starts to cry. Finally True arrives and immediately embraces him, and then the librarian gets snotty, excuse me, this is a library. Perhaps you'd be better if you took him outside. And I wanted Jake to walk over.
Speaker 4: And just punch this guy in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, handle this, handle your business, because it's like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: But yeah, so awful.
Speaker 1: But Jake asked for a minute and tells the guy to chill out, eventually leaving to call their mom for a ride home. A defeated, Eddie tells his sister it's not fair. He doesn't want to be different anymore. He wants to be the same as everyone else. True tells him everyone is different, but Eddie says, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: He's really different.
Speaker 1: True agrees he is different, but if he was the same as everyone else, he wouldn't get that special help at school, or be allowed to rollerblade in the house, and he wouldn't be such an amazing brother. She starts to cry, but Eddie doesn't want her to be sad. He gives her a big hug and they say I love you to each other. It's a very tough dcom scene. It's arguably the most emotional dcom scene we've seen to date, and it still didn't make me cry. I'm dead inside, but I'm sure you are bawling.
Speaker 3: I oh man, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: This is the thing true beautiful.
Speaker 3: She is such a such a really like relatable teenager and the sense of all her emotions and this is showing that she is a really good sister and she does really care about him. She just struggles because it's hard. She's not struggling because she's she's a rude kid. She's struggling because it's tough, such adult stuff to deal with. It's not a teenager thing to deal with. And it was a really instated.
Speaker 4: Really beautiful scene between two good actors. It really was.
Speaker 2: So good, so good.
Speaker 4: No, still, just eat my popcorn.
Speaker 1: True is now with her dad, wondering if it's awful that she's mad she didn't have her camera when Eddie was crying at the library. He tells her not to be so hard on herself. She's only a mere mortal. He tells her to get some sleep. The next day, the twins return home from school and True got a letter in the mail. It's from the TV station Eddie and j You are excited as she rips it open to find out she's won. Everyone celebrates, finally some happiness in the family, but after initial excitement, True quickly turns again. She warns her mom if people laugh at her for all the personal stuff she just showed, it'll be her fault.
Speaker 4: And then she storms off again. And I'm like, what this one is going on?
Speaker 3: Yes, this one is like okay, well, it's like wait what wow?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, yeah, this is where I was kind of like, okay, this is where it was too much. It's too much of the constant changing, storming off.
Speaker 4: It was, Yeah, she just can't stop doing it for some reason.
Speaker 1: Eddie and his mom, however, high five because this is good news. The next day, the principal announces that Trudy won the contest to the whole school. Her movie will air tomorrow at eight pm, and he encourages all the students to tune in. And then it is the big night. True Jack and Denise are ready to watch, surrounded by snacks. They're joined by Ginny, but her dad, of course, has not gotten home yet. He swore he'd make it, but he only has a few minutes left. Ed he enters the room in dark sunglasses and a shirt printed to look like a tuxedo. He's ready for his close up.
Speaker 4: The phone rings. It's Bob.
Speaker 1: He's still at the hospital and running late. He asks True to tape it. They'll watch it together later, but she's of course extremely disappointed. And then the show starts. Everyone is seated at the walker house and enthralled back at the hospital. Bill sees it on the nearby TV and he stops dead in his tracks. It's time for a day in the life of Trudy Walker.
Speaker 6: Better than that.
Speaker 2: Well, why would they use true confessions here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd think, I don't know, that's a great idea. That's exactly what.
Speaker 2: Was like in all caps. What the hell is this? We im a title already, True questions.
Speaker 4: The name of the movie.
Speaker 1: It is a movie about Eddie splicing together fun memories. Eddie sees himself on TV like Gilligan. It's a bit of a music video. And we see Bill watching at the hospital, still smiling and shaking his head.
Speaker 4: Why didn't he just come home? If he's just gonna stand there and watch.
Speaker 2: Then No, it's like you're just standing there.
Speaker 1: Just go yeah or something, because you're just I'm standing there, So yeah, I didn't understand that. Back in the movie, True calls Eddie the most beautiful and profound person she knows. It is a gorgeous portrait of siblings that eventually shifts when she admits having a brother with a mental disability is not always easy. She includes the hard footage the tough times that she instinctually wanted to exclude. She continues her narration over the tough Kite footage, explaining he throws fits, and True admits it embarrasses her. She wishes others would take the time to get to know him the way that she does. It ends with a return to uplifting footage as True tells the audience not to feel sorry for him or her. He's happy and she gets to learn from him. The movie comes to an end and her friends and family loved it. Eddie tells True she's going to be a star, a big, humongous star. Back at the hospital, her dad watches the whole thing, so watch an entire thing, ignoring whatever dying patient he was supposedly there to see. The patient's probably dead by now. Another doctor watched right next to him. Apparently the doctors have nothing to do. He's very impressed, but didn't see Bob in it at all. Bob realizes he's become an invisible father. Back at the house, True admits it was scary to open herself up. She imagines classmates and teachers calling her a movie cliche and ineffective.
Speaker 4: She's ready to face the school anyway, though.
Speaker 1: In the next morning, she walks the halls with her head held high, and to her surprise, everyone loved it. They applaud her and Eddie, who hugged Before class, True captures a glimpse of Billy Billy and just ignores him. When True gets home, her dad wants to talk. He tells her he watched the show and loved it, but most people probably.
Speaker 4: Think she doesn't even have a dad.
Speaker 1: She says she tried to include him, but if she used his footage he would have been really mad.
Speaker 4: He doesn't believe her. He wants to see it. She warns him it might hurt his feelings, but they sit and watch his raw footage anyway.
Speaker 1: He sees himself overreacting to spilled milk, getting mad at Eddie for playing in the house and repeatedly leaving for work. He's at first defensive, then starts to see his true self. He wonders if it's like this all the time, and True says yes. She tries to make him feel better that they know he's under a lot of stress at work, but he says it's no excuse. They deserve better. He doesn't even recognize himself on the tapes. True says Eddie loves them no matter what they are his entire world. All they have to do is love him back. She hugs her dad and suggests they throw the footage out. He says, no, save it, she may need it to keep him in line. He leaves, and one last scene makes its way to the screen, the one where she says she would want to cast someone else to play her mom on TV. She now notices in the background how much that hurt her mom. As a result, True wants to clear the air. She tells her mom that she didn't need to be d D just to connect. Ginny says she just misses her daughter. They both start to cry, and True admits it just hit her. She grew up with Eddie playing and having fun, but now she'll go to probably get married and have kids, but Eddie will always stay Eddie, and now they're both sobbing. She then turns around, yells at her mom and storms out, No, I'm kidding, that didn't happen. They just ended with them both sobbing. Just seeing everyone's still there with us, True is back in her room talking to her camera. She admits her life isn't a TV show, so what things don't get wrapped up nice and tidy, they can always improve. She updates us on some changes. Her dad is around a lot more and trying to relax her mom promised to be more available to talk and True will be more open with her in return, and Eddie, well, it's safe to say that Eddie will.
Speaker 4: Always be Eddie.
Speaker 1: True finally puts down the camera to play with her brother. They're watching his soccer goal and True's assist over and over and over again. Truth says they should watch something else. They don't need this on repeat. It's not going to change, to which Eddie says, I like it. I don't want it to change. It's you and me being twins. We see them as kids back in the field, now reunited and holding hands, and then we get some information about the special Olympics and a support group for siblings than the credits, and that's our movie.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Was sob and sobbing, sobbing by this point, ending.
Speaker 3: With the same overall outfit and in the field I was ill Ohen knows how to do it.
Speaker 1: He is done, and of course it ends once again with True yelling at her mom and storming out.
Speaker 4: Let's do some real reviews.
Speaker 1: I think I have the five star review this week from our old friend who Noma who Nomina is back? Yes, unnamed? Okay, this is like the best movie Disney ever made. Shila buff was so amazing and this is some of the best acting I've ever seen from him. Like the kite scene, it was so sad I cried. I don't disagree with that review. Frankly, yes, very wonderful, Sabrina, what was the one star review?
Speaker 2: No, one star this week is from Delilah. F this was sad as hell.
Speaker 3: I all so agree, but one star but one star it was like so good it was that sad it made you feel something, Delilah. That's how you rate a movie.
Speaker 1: Oh, Delilah, Hey there, Delilah, Hey dere Delilah, you just gave us one star for no real reason. Okay, so we've got are coming once again to Sabrina's favorite part of the program. Here that is producer Jensen's feature of the week.
Speaker 4: Our feature this week is called public access.
Speaker 1: So in true Confessions, the main character hopes to show on our local channel will turn into worldwide fame. Now this rings true because many celebrities did start their careers on local news programs.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna read a.
Speaker 1: Description of a celebrity whose origin is just like trus and we have to guess who it is three out of five wins. This is gonna be tough.
Speaker 4: Producer Jensen, you with us.
Speaker 6: Well, I hear there's no multiple choice though, just reminding you that.
Speaker 1: I know that's why this is gonna be so hard. There's a couple here where I'll hopefully you have.
Speaker 3: A key through f key you can pick from.
Speaker 4: Again, that's just multiple choice.
Speaker 6: Literally, what's not happening here we go?
Speaker 1: So number one, this talk show host might have counted down from ten, but his number one was as a weatherman in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: You know you must know this one.
Speaker 6: I mean you should probably define.
Speaker 1: Must you should probably know this one.
Speaker 2: Ry Ryan's seekers.
Speaker 6: You know what? No, but but I actually am fine with where I got it from. Sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm gonna say David Letterman.
Speaker 6: It's David Letterman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, David Letterman did his top tens.
Speaker 1: Number two, the one who knocks, more like the one who starts his career in local Granada Hills TV commercials.
Speaker 4: The one who.
Speaker 2: Knocks like, come and knock on my door.
Speaker 1: Maybe I I don't even know you said come and knock on our door?
Speaker 4: Okay, John, you're thinking is John Ritter? Okay?
Speaker 6: John Ritter Nope, it's Brian Cranston, the one who knocks? Is that what he's called in Breaking Bad? Literally probably the greatest TV show ever?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've seen it. I don't remember that at all the way. Okay, Brian the one who knocks? Yes, gotcha? Okay.
Speaker 1: Number three another weatherman, this time in Nashville, which is a name that has three vowels.
Speaker 6: What oh, this one will really bother you when you don't get it. Well, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, Okay, a weather man this time in Nashville, which is a name that has three vowels.
Speaker 2: Would it be a country star? It is the Nashville.
Speaker 4: Three vowels?
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is going to really upset me when I don't okay, I don't even have a guess.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it. It's Pat say Jack.
Speaker 4: Oh, now I get the question out. You're doing it?
Speaker 6: Well? Still only one right for Will and on reaching going for the goose egg.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: Number four.
Speaker 1: Some could argue he's the modern day King of Late night, but his journey started as the Prince of Sports on l A's local alt rock radio station.
Speaker 4: I think I know this one.
Speaker 2: Who's that? He?
Speaker 3: I love his show at night because it's like he's like the biggest fan of everyone that comes on his show.
Speaker 2: That's that's so cool about him. What is his name? I've been on it too, You've been on the show? Is it Jimmy Fallon?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 6: It's Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, yeah, he does. All right, So here we go. I got one last.
Speaker 2: He was he was, he was on k Rock he was. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Were not with him, but we were on the same show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right before ending up. And this is number five, the last one. So I could win with this one. Sabrina could get one right, number five before ending up as a mainstay on The Today Show. This hard to pronounce names started her career in Greenville, Mississippi, as an unsuccessful news anchor with zero experience.
Speaker 4: The Today Show? Whose name the Today Show? With a hard to pronounce Today's Show are? I don't know either?
Speaker 1: Is the only one I could think of it? No, I'm thinking, what's the Morning Show? It's George Stephanopolis, but that's not a woman.
Speaker 4: Today's Show?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Grat it's Hoda codem.
Speaker 4: Who what you don't know Hoda, I know Coda, yeah.
Speaker 6: Codem, I don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow wow, I got two for five. We both lost.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, producer Jensen for once making us feel pretty stupid.
Speaker 6: I means happened recently.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I think I think we definitely need multiple choices.
Speaker 2: It's really tough. I was just pulling celebrities names out of nowhere. I got Jimmy kill.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that. Brian Cranston one. I thought I thought you'd have that one for sure.
Speaker 4: I only I've only seen Breaking Bad once. I'd like to watch through it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but thank you very much, producer Jensen.
Speaker 4: And now can we do some Sabrina seas?
Speaker 2: Yes we can?
Speaker 3: Okay, so god, I gave up all my Sabrita seas or we had them already done from you.
Speaker 2: You kind of covered most of them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Two things did this house give you?
Speaker 3: And it might be and I'm like, it's probably just because Will and I went to the remake of it. Gave me Brady Bunch vibes so much throughout the whole.
Speaker 2: Did it at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it kind of it gave me.
Speaker 1: It was a cool architecturally design house like that house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gave me such brady bunch of vibes.
Speaker 3: I kept going, God, every I wrote it like three times, like every time we get back into this that one living room part where you know, like at the very beginning where he overlooks and or overhears their conversation. That Yeah, that whole scene right there.
Speaker 4: Just a cool constant.
Speaker 3: Also again very confused on how they were on a soccer team together.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool. I actually thought it was like a really cool idea.
Speaker 3: If that's not something that is offered, that it would be cool for especially like siblings or you know, for you to dedicate your time or donate your time to to play with others like that. But Eddie was off sides and that's that gold did not.
Speaker 1: Way way off side and it didn't count. Yeah, I thought the same thing. I didn't want to bring it up, but Eddie was.
Speaker 3: It's literally says, not trying to take away from his glory moment, but that gold didn't count.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was. I know, he was off side.
Speaker 2: At every single angle they show up.
Speaker 4: It he was. Obviously it wasn't even close. Unfortunately, No, he was way off side. I know, I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And then I did notice, you know, I always music always pops out to me. This was different for us in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: The music had a lot of adult artists versus being young.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of times is the synergy that Disney pulls into it where they have even the actors that are actually on screen doing using their music. And a lot of the music was actually like obviously an adult artist, which I thought was different. And I thought all the songs worked. It wasn't like a bad thing, It just was something very different. And then yes, pushed that over that bridge. I was so excited. That's the last little thing. And then again biggest library, and it was his line, I want.
Speaker 2: To be done being different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just my line that just took me right over that edge myself. I was just so oh god, this poor. I mean, it is so difficult, and I just it was. This was a good movie for me. I loved watching it. All the stuff I said was just the funny thing. The plastic bowls is in bright Yeah, of course, the giant letters are big BoNT bolded, Like, what the hell get the plastic bowls.
Speaker 2: I will always always backing on the plastic bowls.
Speaker 4: How hard is that to get plastic bulls? Suit doesn't even let me have glass stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now let's rate our film for the week one out of ten, one being the worst, ten being the best. We're gonna do that this week, and our options are one out of ten. Absent ease, just remember no e on the end of True Confessions number two one out of ten, Paparazzis Hot Rozzisarazza Rozsi, Hot Junior Boys, Hot Fudge Sundays one out of ten, Girls storming Off one out of ten, Nasty bo and Harrybacks one out of ten, Massive tornado storms one out of ten, Total souls one out of ten, Biggest live praise in the world, or one out.
Speaker 4: Of ten D coms to cry about Sabrina?
Speaker 3: You picked this week with d cooms to cry about the one hundred percent hands down, because I cried pretty much top to bottom of this movie. I like, yeah, I just literally was like, geez, I am such a sobby mom, just like my own mom.
Speaker 2: Now it happened to me.
Speaker 3: All those times I made fun of her for every car dot she opened and just continuously cried all the time. Now it's happening to me. Payback is a bee for sure.
Speaker 1: There you go, Karma, Karma, I think, uh, I think you rated first last time, so it's my turn to go first this time. Okay, I liked this movie. I definitely like this movie. The acting is phenomenal. It did not feel like a dcom. It felt just like a Disney film, if that makes sense. I did not I thought I could have used to rewrite a polish. I did not like the constantly storming off and the change. I mean it got to be too much. That being said, the subject matter, what they were covering, the actors doing it amazing. So I am giving this a soft eight. Okay d coms to cry about because I could have gone seven point five. But the acting is so good and the subject matter is so important that I could. I can feel good with myself giving this an eight d cooms to cry about.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 2: I agree?
Speaker 3: I think it was I really loved it. I think I loved it more than you did. But I again, I'm a sucker for a SOB story.
Speaker 2: I love it like this.
Speaker 3: To me, I now am completely affirming the fact that Stu and Paul are like the greatest team, and this was just knocked it out of the ballpark for me. There were and I And again I think it's because I also was a teenager myself. So her storming off that the flip of a hat, how that happens so quick? Didn't It wasn't as jarring to me. It started to get annoying. Yeah, it's like annoyed with her character, you know. And then again you realize what this movie was about, and it was about a young teen struggling through how to handle such a heavy thing. And again it's hard because she's not an adult, so she shouldn't be expected to understand or know how to do this. So her working through her feelings and her emotions was very real in my opinion, and I absolutely loved it. Shia is just phenomenal and I killed it. And I thought both of the leads, I mean, without one of them, the movie might not have been as good as it was, to be honest. So it was just such a great movie. I'm gonna go with nine d coms to cry about. Paul Hoen, I love you, buddy, I love you, Thank you so much. In eighty one minutes, I would do it again. I loved this movie so much. I will probably watch it again. I'm sure on a rainy day.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's an incredibly rainy.
Speaker 2: Day when it's a storm outside.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you everybody for joining us. Our next movie is taking us back to the Ice, a movie mentioned when we reviewed Go Figure. This is its spiritual sister. We're talking about two thousand and five's Ice Princess, and this is going to be a tribute to the late Michelle Trachtenberg.
Speaker 4: We are very excited about this one.
Speaker 1: But before that, for our park Opper episode, we talked to a Disney Channel legend, Jennifer Stone, also known as Harper Kinkle from Wizards of Waverley Place. She was part of an absolute television phenomenon and we talked to her all about it.
Speaker 4: Here's a bit of an early listen.
Speaker 3: So you read with Selena, Yeah, what was your guys's chemistry like like in the audition?
Speaker 2: Was it like instant? Well, weirdly, I don't know if you guys know this.
Speaker 5: So I lived clean and I had never met but like I was really close with Demy and we lived ten minutes apart from each other in Texas. We immediately had that like, oh my god, you're from Texas and Demi and like we have that mutual friend that was like her best friend, and so it was this kind of immediate, like just dissolved any sort of like awkward first meeting stuff because we have the Disney Texas Factory connection.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's very cool.
Speaker 1: So make sure to subscribe to our dedicated Magical Rewine feed. You can search for us on your favorite streaming service and you can hear interviews just like that one. We have so many good ones already, so go check it out on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts. And for more info, you can follow us at Magical rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine. You can do that now, Bye everybody, bye,