Speaker 1: He shot me. If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my bro Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last and come in with your love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah you know she raided shout towns on speaking to the ground a second. We're gonna last come up and kick it in at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits. Did you want to revisit?
Speaker 1: So your first second listen, kill folks so you slip, oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 2: Hey, no this do what you do?
Speaker 1: No this do what you do? No this do what I do? No. Hey, this is Comedians, Say Monroe, and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn with myself and my gorgeous co hostess, Bobby Clifford. Highways.
Speaker 2: Honey, I wait every week to hear that because somebody's gonna say it, and you make me feel good.
Speaker 1: You're the best. Listen, Bobby, it's been a whirlwindover week. It has really been a good week. I cannot complain. I went to I did a red carpet. This Friday, Lady and I went to Jason Lee's The Impact of Wars that y'all know. Me and Jason Lee had history of being, you know, not friendly. But it was the bridge yeah uh he put. It was a fantastic event. Uh. I met so many celebrities there and hit me. I didn't meet them. They met me by me. They were coming to me, because you know, I don't go to people. I'll let you come to me. And our younger ben Zan who came to me and just blew me out the water that she knew who I was. Event, Nicole Brown, Jill, Marie Jones. I saw my people there. I saw Jonathan Major's and Megan Good and Megan saw me. She just screamed and ran up to me and hugged me. She wanted to pick me up, but she about she aside zero and I got a couple of numbers in front of my zero, so she damn sure couldn't pick me up. But she was so wonderful and pleasure I made yeah, thank you. I made Getty images and so it was a great event. Tiffany Hadish hosted it and she did a fantastic job. It's tetten of Tiffany Hadish. I am working with her tonight at the Long Beach lap Actory. So we're gonna get into this laugh and learn because I got work to do, because we're all prepping today and getting our meals together. Getting popcorn for tomorrow. Is one of the biggest events of this year. It is going to be the debate between President Joe Biden and ex President Donald Trump. Not just ex president, ex president twice in peach one term, thirty four criminal indictments, I'm not namn sorry, thirty four criminal charge. Yeah, all those adjectives that describe him. But I think it's going to be quite entertaining. So we're gonna see old man versus old man, because that's all it is. I have picked the old man of my choice, and I hope that the old man of my choice changes a lot of mind for the people who are undecided, who have not made up their mind, because I think he's going to be shot. I think is going to be precise. I think he has been getting prepared, and when opportunity meets preparation, you have no opportunity. You have nothing but to do but ween and Joe ben getting ready, right, other than out here talking smack jovin, getting ready to try to remember his lands, eating his weed. He's taking his riba. He know what to do.
Speaker 2: He's jacked up. According to Trump. Yeah, he's According to to Trump, he's jacked up. He's also to I don't know what kind of medications he would take. If he's taken performance enhancing drugs.
Speaker 1: Good for him, he's been I think you'll come here hot tomorrow, Bobby, I do. I think so too.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to decide who it actually benefits this debate. When when they said nobody in the audience and and the MIC's cut off, I was so excited that I thought, Oh, but they're not going to see you know, Trump always goes off script right and becomes a whack job if they if he doesn't have an audience to pand or two. I want them to still see that he's his His cheese has slid.
Speaker 1: Off the cracker.
Speaker 2: Will that work? My guess is he's going to keep talking even when they shut the mic off. He'll keep rambling, and he'll sound like a He'll sound like, you know, he's a little off there. So maybe there's a little bit of hope. But I hope that Joe has been He's been in Camp David for a week prepping doing mock mock debates. You know, he's actually putting the time in. Hillary Clinton made a comment which I actually loved, and she said, listen, I'm the only person, the only person that has debated the both of them. She said, So you're going to have to sit back and look. She said, pay attention to how they talk about people, how they focus on the fundamentals that are at stake, and your choice really is Her quote was, it's between chaos and competence.
Speaker 1: So I love that, and she did, Yeah, I agree with Hillary. I think that I think that no audience is going to work in Joe's favorite because who's ever who d really him? As long as they tell him stay on policy, make Trump stay on part don't let him go there, keep calling him on policy because he's not gonna want to know what to do for an hour on policy because he's too used to cutting up at the five minutes. So as long as he forces yeah, yeah, because he has a dad, he can't stay focused. But if Joe drills him about policy, if Joe drills him about policy, Trump is going to lose it, especially if it's something that he has no no inkling of what he's talking about. And if Joe stay on that, he gonna he's gonna come out victorious. I believe that now.
Speaker 2: I think I hope so too.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He has all that historical knowledge.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They keep saying that, you know, so what Joe's gonna be trying to do is show that Biden is unhinged, right, and so what what? But Biden is, excuse me, the other way around. Biden is going to show that, try to show that Trump is unhinged. Trump is going to show try to show that, you know, the the economy is bad unto him, crime it's the best it's been. And I think they said thirty five years we've got higher gun controlled issues and gun violence. But He's going to try and hit him on immigration, which has already come up with immigration. And I'm sure Joe's just gonna snap back and say, listen, if you didn't shut down the bill, we would have already you know, had some sort of reckoning down there. I mean, they are saying that since he put since President Biden puts the law in order that more than twenty five hundred people can't come over the executive order that he did like a week and a half two weeks ago, that the border crossings have dropped by forty percent, which is kind of sort of impressive. So if he can keep touting all the things that he's done that have been positive, I think that I think he'll be victorious too, because he's got one hell of a leg to stand on. The only thing that Trump really has is was that was that tax tax rebade or whatever that helped the millionaire billionaires but didn't really help all of us in our pocket. I think it gave me eleven dollars more every week in my pocket. I couldn't even get a pizza with it. I think I might have been able to go to Starbucks and get a black tea, but that was about it. Where where I want to stand on.
Speaker 1: Why did they have to be black? Bobby? Why couldn't it have been a white team? Why did it have to be black? Because you almost made me say something, Okay, let's go, So I hope y'all know we cut off over here. Y'all know we cut up over here and laught and learn, So listen. They dropped a hint that bite that President Trump ex President Trump maybe having picked his VP. Now I'm saying something and I said this, if you go back to healthy time, I said a few months ago that he was going to pick by Bake River Swami, the reason being not the qualifications, but he needed somebody who's gonna kiss his whole ass and do everything that they were told. He loves obedience, so that is the only reason I believe that he's going to pick Riverswami, because River Swami is obedient and he would do everything that he is doing. And after Mike Pints, he cannot risk somebody who will challenge him.
Speaker 2: No, But the problem was with the Rama Swami, and I think so too if it was he was a few years older. But Ramaswami unfortunately would be fighting him for the spotlight. He likes it too much. Even though he likes Trump, he loves being out there and getting the getting the glow in the shine. They're saying that the front runners are all similar to pens in a way that they're not going to challenge him. They say that that that Governor Doug Burnham from North Dakota, he's wealthy. Trump loves wealthy, right, So he's got to bring his wealthy friends to the table, and that's going to help Senator j d vance. He brings the youth, so he might be getting the millennials and whatnot. I think he's only like thirty eight or thirty nine and then Rubio. But the only problem with Rubio is, let's remember is that they say the Constitution says you can't have both people president and vice president from the same state. And they're both from Florida, so somebody would have to change they where they live. And I don't know as much as Rubio would probably be like to have his head padded, I don't know if he actually wants the job. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: Vibe off him, do you. I don't want him and I don't care what bad he is. I don't need him like that and not in the political scheme. And Bobby, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't pick Carrie Lake because she is not she is him all over the She is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she has she has to be able to keep her mouth shut while Trump's in office, you know, like whatever he says, that's what I'm saying. So that's that he needs. He needs a yes, man, that's not going to kind of challenge him. They're saying that the talking heads, well, we won't know flame, but they're saying people in this camp who want to remain an honest that he could announce as early as just before the debate to try to throw to try to throw Biden off his game, or you know, definitely by the convention, but it could be it could be within the coming week. So we'll see. But the person is going to have to be able to raise money, you know, and appeal to the swing voters that are since the conviction, are starting to head back to to President Biden. So they're gonna have to They're going to have to figure that out in a decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said before on coffee time, and I'll say the game here on laugh and learn that I do believe that most American were the Trump supporters who have their minds made up. There's nothing that Biden could say that we'll change their minds because their minds are made up. Trust the independence and the undecideds that we are really trying to garner their vote, because people who are going to vote for each party have their mind made up whether they're going to vote for the party or not not necessarily a candidate, but the party. So now we just need Biden to come on and swing and sway them on. Vote for me the man. You already know that I'm a Democrat, but now vote for me, the man that's going to a help save democracy. B see women, b C, C, lgbt d C, social security, and EC veterans. Those are the very important talking points he has to show Americans because now they're trying to do this draft thing and we're having this they're trying to do. All we have to show young Americans male and female, that if you want to join the military, it's a great thing to do. But when you come home, when if you come home, because some don't come home, we will take care of you. To drill these policies and stay own it. Don't get dismayed and don't get disswayed. Because Trump is going to attack his family. He's going to go after Biden's heart. I need him to stay on policy and keep hitting him in his head with And remember, you had horrible things to say about bearers because you chose not to fight for this country because for some reason you said you had bone spurts but you're on the golf course and cleats every other day when you were the president. Remind us that that bone, spirts and cleats don't go together. Period. But okay, I agree with you. That's just me getting that's me getting hostile, y'all. I'm sorry, come back slame.
Speaker 2: No no, no, But that's good, no no, no.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: We need that type of energy, and I wish you could give some to Joe because his campaign is, let's face it, it's been lackluster. He's doing all the stuff, but he's not his sarrogates or whatever you want to call it. They're not getting the word out crisply. These are the things that we've done because we need to. We need we need people to stop thinking he's sleepy Joe and realize that he does have energy. And remember that the reason that Trump lost the twenty twenty is because he sounded crazy on these debates, right. And I think Middle America and the people that you just described, the undecided and this the swing voters, the independence, they're sick of the drama. They're sick of the hostile and aggressive behavior.
Speaker 1: We've had it.
Speaker 2: We had it four years. We did it and let's remind him who he is. That's why I'm like, who's going to benefit? Because I think, in a way, I'd like to see him go nuts a little bit and then people go go, oh god, he's still him because he is.
Speaker 1: Ask your personal question for our listeners. Don't and you and I talk about everything offline, So I'm going to ask you personally. You as a white woman in this country, Bobby, and I know you have many a white friend as you may have something that's your for Trump, but it's your side, your your people, Caucasian that you know. Are they sick of this chaos bullshit? Because that is what the racism has always been here. But the chaos and the bullshit we live in, are y'all honestly?
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, I think so, we know. I noticed it more under President Obama. Now he started it. That's where I noticed people started. I liked McCain. I heard McCain when he conceded, and he was gentleman about that. But then his next line was to somebody, we're just going to vote against everything he puts in.
Speaker 1: Who does that?
Speaker 2: And that was unlike McCain and I and he gave him a little bit of trouble in the beginning, but he turned around and he certainly came forward in the end, right. But so I noticed a little bit of that behavior then. But Trump just kind of made it a free for all. He was the crazy uncle that you brought out that every nobody thought it was okay to start screaming and yelling. Yes, people are nobody can stand the division. I'm actually scared. You know, my family, my friends, they're scared, even if on both sides of the arm of the aisle. Yeah, it's we're done. I want as much as Joe might not have energy, he's getting stuff done. I want him to get more stuff done. I would love if we could kind of swing the We could kind of swing the vote of like the Senate, or make everything even so that we can get a little bit more done and that he could fix some of the stuff that's been going on that hasn't been so great, some of the interesting I know.
Speaker 1: That President Biden can't I'm sorry, Robert, I know the President Biden can't say these words. She could say this in some from fashion to say that I'm trying he's trying to own your couchie when I'm trying to free your couchie, because what he's trying to do is take with all these abortion rights and all the power that women. Biden is trying to give you your freedom as a woman, and the other one is either trying to pay for it or take it, and I don't mean take it in a right way or take away your civil liberties as a woman.
Speaker 2: And that's only the start. It's just starting with the women. Trust me, it's going to trickle down to everything else. Who did say it, but said it in a more concise way was was doctor Jill Biden. And one of her things that you know I follow on Instagram potus as well as flotus, and she said, this is the first time in history that women are going to be getting less at the end of this presidency than they've ever had, you know, ever had in history. They never had it and had it taken away. They just didn't have it before. So we really need to we need to kind of band together because it's got, you know, with the Project twenty twenty five, and that's just not Trump, that is the far right Republicans. There's a lot of stuff we're going to be losing, you know, they're getting rid of departments. They're consolidating, they're making the power the under the president. They're saying less less government, but it's not. It's less rights and less liberties. And I saw the person who didn't make the debate, who's very upset and thinks it's illegal. Is your new best friend, Robert Kennedy. He didn't get thee you need to be on four polls fifteen percent the four polls, he didn't get it. So what he's going to do, which is sort of clever, is he's going to he has an X channel and he's gonna simulcast like at the same time, he's going to be answering the questions that that the two other candidates are answering.
Speaker 1: So, and I want to say this about RFK. I had. I had the pleasure of interviewing with RFK on Friday. It's going to be it's going to be drawn. I didn't take it. I taped it, but it's not for me to release first until they released it because I did it for somebody else. And uh, I thought that he was such a pleasant man. I loved some of his talking points. I asked him three very basic questions that not basic, but very very simple, and Bobby gave me the question. So I'm going to tell you guys the questions so you'll see it when it comes out. The first question was, with all the division that we have with the party system, how can you what would you do to help me and us to get us back into a country that's own point? And that's just breaking it down because it was a whole long question that Bobby will These were questions from Bobby Clipper, my fabulous co host. She also asked me to ask him what was the second question? Bobby?
Speaker 2: How would he? A? Would he bring things together?
Speaker 1: How would he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what he would because because of the division that we were just talking about, I want to see what he's going to do. What is his what is concretely what was he going to do? I can't think of them?
Speaker 1: Answer was strong, They were unrehearsed, they were pure. Yeah, I'm telling you the way he spoke to me, Bobby, had he been in the running, had he been right here on the forefront, after talking with him, he probably probably would have changed my mind to get my vote. That is that is how he was talking. H Thirdly, next election, next election? Yeah, And I asked him a question of my own to ask him. You know, so my growing up in my home, my grandmother had a picture of a black Jesus, a white Jesus, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and she had John Fitzgerald Kennedy. You are part of a dynasty as far as politics goes in America. How can you get black and brown people to love you as they loved your dad and your uncle. Because black folks love Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy. They just did and cried when he was assassin and I wanted and he was very like. I don't know if I'll ever get reached that level of likability, but I hear I'm here. My dad taught me compassion. My dad taught me to see people in our color. Oh he was. He was smite one, brilliant with his answers. I cannot wait for this interview to job. You guys are gonna be thoroughly and I looked amazing. But he was fantastic and invited me to come along and do some things with his campaign, if you know, if it goes any further, so I'll tell him absolutely. I also asked him, not off the record, but on the record, if you lose. If there's a possibility that you don't lose, would you conceie and have your follower support one of the candidates. I didn't say a candidate because I did want to put him on the spot, but I did say support one of the leading candidates. And he said, I'll let y'all hear the answer when when y'all see the interview. I don't want to tell y'all what he said because it's gonna blow your man. Anyway, Come on, Bobby, where are we going? Because we haven't a short on this week. We're doing a special edition on Friday, y'all because we're going to come on after the debate on Friday and do a special quick recap.
Speaker 2: So the other thing, there are a couple more things we definitely want to mention today. So there were some primary elections, congressional primary elections that happened. I don't know if this is kind of like a litmus task for what November is going to look like, but this one was kind of a big shocker to everybody. Representative Jamal Bowman never remember, he's one of the squad, the Democratic squad. He actually lost his seat to another another Democrat, Democrat. Uh, George Latimer.
Speaker 1: And that's the.
Speaker 2: The first that was that. I don't know if anybody, because I know.
Speaker 1: Everybody. I'm not I'm not surprised to see that Jamal Bowman loft because Hillary Clinton back the other candidate. Jamal Bowman has some negative things about President Biden. So I'm not surprised by that.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, well he did. The one that I was I was disappointed with is that Warren Bolbert was up and she won. She won her the primary for for her seat.
Speaker 1: Lauren Bobert. Isn't that the lady who was giving the man a hand job in the theater?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that was her. Maybe that was her hitch.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she's she's a Republican, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she was apologetics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look't think I'm going to becoming I think after this election, I'm wilcome a Republican. They all freaky over there. I think I'm going to the freaking side.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe if you're voted for, you gotta you got a large jug of hand hand lotion. Who knows. And then moderate conservative John Curtis, he won the Utah Republican primary seat because Mitt Romney is gonna be is gonna be retiring so to make the switch. So that's not saying that they're not going to have you know, there's not a Democrat out, but he won that.
Speaker 1: He won that.
Speaker 2: Primary anyway, so it'll be it's a little of interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know, the older Mitt Romney gets, the more I like him because he has come to a realization of being not only an American but a fair man. I don't know. The older he gets and the more he talks. I didn't like him when he was running for president, but I like him. I like this Roney, I like this.
Speaker 2: This was our governor. This meant Romney was our was our Republican governor in a democratic state. So I think we wore on him a little when he went to when he was running, I didn't recognize that mint. He was kind of flip floppy and.
Speaker 1: Whatever. But he has stood.
Speaker 2: He is He has told people, without getting into it again, they should be ashamed of themselves and go to the back of the room. He has voted, you know, along with the A c A stuff when that went when that went out, et cetera, et cetera. So uh So, anyway, that's that is about the elections and then Supreme Court. You know, it's very going to be very busy doing the abortions, the guns, and the immunity cases. I know that on one piece where is it? I was not surprised. Uh, they voted Okay.
Speaker 1: Trump is fighting hard for that immunity, Bobby, but he wants to get that president should have immunity. But that will be such a bite in the ass to any president that comes behind him, if we ever get one behind him, because let him tell it, once he gets in, it's a wrap. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, for day one, what they're looking at is they're looking at the Nixon, the Nixon paperwork and how that is because what they have said is so far all of them that presidents do need a certain amount of immunity to be able to do the job. Not over civil stuff, they said. So they're going to actually have to look and they're going to actually have to take a peek at it and kind of parse it out. I think it's why it's taken so long because for some things, yes, things that were actions that were taken that were in direct response for the country. Yes, it sounds like this is kind of the route they're going. Yes, that you'll have immunity, anything that could be a benefit just just you, yourself or just your party, No, that will not be You will not have immunity. So we're gonna have to wait and see. I don't think he's going to be as happy as he thinks he's going to be, because they do have to go off the letter or the lot. And I'll say, Roberts has been doing some stuff lately that I'm a little surprised. You know, I'm more pleased because I thought he wasn't going to go against it. In fact, he voted. It was an eight to one ruling for the Supreme Court on domestic violence and gun control that if you were a wife beater or any type of domestic could be a husband beater or whatever, you wouldn't be able to get a gun. And Roberts voted for that. He said it was common sense and after a judge determines an individual poses a credible threat of violence, they shouldn't be entitled to a gun. Guess who the one holdout was on a.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, Safett, I'm about to throw my wig off, but I ain't getting a wig on, damn it.
Speaker 2: You. Yeah, he was the sole thing was.
Speaker 1: The truth is Clarence Thomas has been bought, paid for, sold and used for years, for years.
Speaker 2: Condicted of a crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did. We did not listen to Anita Heel in the in the early eighties, so that it's shame on us. You know, a woman who told the truth.
Speaker 2: You know why we didn't because they were the top of the top right flame. This is I'm going to make a comparison in a second. So you would never imagine that somebody was going for this position would do something that was so distasteful. Now, if Anita Thomas came forward, it would have been a very different outcome because we have been so saturated with the gun violence and the sex in the I mean, our president just had a trust money case to hide, uh, to hide a mistress for the Lord of God. Not the mistress.
Speaker 1: It was this.
Speaker 2: It was the money that he that he used. It was it was for paperwork. But you know, we would have been you would have been absolutely shocked by that before. And now it's like Tuesday. The gun safety and domestic.
Speaker 1: Violence groups are thrilled.
Speaker 2: They're considering this a victory, so you know, they can keep there some of their women and or men alive, rather than having these people armed, at least legally armed. If they're going to get a gun, they probably get it in different ways. So they have the immunity case, now they have the abortion case, and they have one more thing that they're trying to wrap up, and then they'll be done for three months, you know, the summer they get the summer off. Oh, the trans the trans health that's probably not going to be until hearing until our ruling. Excuse me, not a hearing until next year. But it's the first time we're going against what should be allowed and what shouldn't be taken away from parents. The rights shouldn't be taken a breaway from parents, So we'll see. I keep saying too, if you have decent parents, they shouldn't be allowing this stuff.
Speaker 1: But if you have parents, that's that are being parents, not just I have some that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it being parents, not being friends, being parents. And that's again, guys, that's just my opinion. Don't be filling up flames. I just get nervous. I get nervous over just girls taking birth control, for the love of God, because it's extra hormones. They don't necessarily need. But but anyway though, that's what those those are the three things that they still have. So the abortion, reproductive rights, the trans rights, and the immunity cases.
Speaker 1: So that with the with the with the trans rights, Bobby, they keep speaking on they're doing this for children. But to me, that is the smoke screen. It is not just it is and that's why. So that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: They effectively, they're meaningly, they're effectively the adult. Yeah, they mean because there's way more adults on hormone therapy and than it is children. Now that's not to say that some student and I do not agree with it. As a trans person, I do not agree with trans with trance children taking any kind of hormone with your sacerone blockers before the age of eighteen, I want to say twenty, but I'm saying eighteen because you had the experience.
Speaker 2: You can speak, you can walk the walk and talk the talk because you've done it, so you know what the changes are and it's not healthy for the kids. You feel that they should be able to make an informed decision when they're of age, even eighteen, to be quite honest, but that's when we if we can fight for the country. I guess you can make the decision. I don't even know if that's necessarily your brain's not formed.
Speaker 1: And I want to say this because what y'all see outwardly, outwardly looking in you see, Oh, it just changed your body, but it changes your mind, It changes how you see yourself, It changes your heart, it changes mentally. It changes you mentally because you take two or three hormone shots and you think you're supposed to look like Mail and Monroe, and it doesn't. It's not that simple. And they sometimes when they dangle the apple in your face, they'll say, ooh, girl, get on these hormones. You're gonna grow some titts. Your skin' gonna be smooth. Your beerd ain't gonna never grow wooba wool. But that is not the case. Now. Your strength you're painting shrinks. Your beer may slow down, but it doesn't stop growing. If it's already started growing. Your testosterone count drop. This is from a trans woman's perspective. I don't know what it does for transmit because I'm not a trans man. But what it does to the body, your sex drive goes away. It can cause depression, It's so many different variables that you guys don't know about because all you see is the outer that ooh, you're getting purvy and your shoulders are getting soft with your skin is getting smooth when you grow on tits. But internally, some of these kids are not ready to deal with what it does to you and physical. The physical part of it is that when you look in the mirror, you don't always see what you expect to see. Even if you've been on hormones for a year, two or three, you don't see what you expect to see. And a lot of people can't deal with that. And that's what I mean. So I'm not I'm not going against it, but I just want you to guys and know that if you're gonna look at the at the left fie, you have to also look at the right side. No, it's true. I heard that.
Speaker 2: And let's say these these kids actually want to stay. You might not have the answer to this, I want to stay trends as they get older. What if they biologically want to have kids? Would that affect their ability with hormones?
Speaker 1: Can you with hormones? And I'm not saying that you can't have a kid but uh, it's harder because I.
Speaker 2: Wonder if it hurts, it doesn't hurt the end, the quality, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That makes me nervous, Like that's something that you have to look into because you don't want to. You know, I live with someone that special needs.
Speaker 1: It's hard. You know. When I decided to have children, I had stop taking hormones for you. Yeah, yeah, I was off because I knew what I wanted and I wanted to be a master at what I was doing. Ooh, it's level, y'all. I love now.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, So something else I just want to mention is I don't know whether to feel. I feel so conflicted over this one. I'm going to say his name wrong. Julian Assan. She's the wikileak guy. He he pleaded guilty to felony charges in the US, giving all these documents away though, like it's there. I don't know he is. He has been battling extradition for twelve years. He is going to have five years and a high security British prison. But I'm like, is that enough?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I think we caught him before anything really bad happened.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: But in his family, his family is hoping that he's going to get a presidential pardon. Who do you think they're talking about. They're talking to large one is going to get him.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of political prisons right now. We have the other guy who's on trial for in Russia who they said was a spy. What's his name? What's he.
Speaker 2: Was in New York Times Evan.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's thirty two years old. He was arrested while reporting for the last journal. He has been locked up for a year and a half. They just showed him on the news that they had all this hair shaved off, and his parents said that they were really worried about his mental stress because you don't know what they're going through in those Russian prisons. You just don't know, and they have to keep up a smile whenever they're on public camera, noticement the camera. She was always with a smile, and we we didn't know what kind of horrific things that she went through because they cannot say whether they're in custody there.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. And he probably thought because a lot of people left, you know, when the Ukrainian War started, but some people stayed. And I'm sure as a thirty two year old he thought he could make his bones and he could now if he's convicted, and you know he's going to be convicted playing there's no way in how they're not going to find him guilty. Twenty years in a really hard prison. That's you want to talk about changes, And do you think he'll ever make it out the twenty years or do you think they'll actually let them go at the end of the twenty years.
Speaker 1: I think you will age him in three, if not already, because I see he looked he had to put on the smile for the cameras today, but when they shaved his head, he didn't look thirty two. He looked stressed and forty. Because in a situation where you don't know what is your faith is what's going to happen to you, of course you're worried about it. Of course you stressed out about it. And this is not he's not on American so he's in Russia while we're there in the Middle level war where they they're in a middle ready to do something to us. Is it's just a bad time. It's a really bad and even though the United States government offered to do a prisoner swap, they're not even down for that. That's what really makes.
Speaker 2: It's cleary, you say, it's the overplay for the underplay. As you say, they're holding hand because they want to see if something's going to happen with us, because they'll never probably do something horrific to them on air or something, you know, something crazy. Speaking on air and a TV interview, Netanyahu said that he thinks that the intense phase of the war is over, but they're going to be moving to the northern border with Lebanon.
Speaker 1: When will it end.
Speaker 2: Thousand people?
Speaker 1: That sounds preponderous, the intense phase of the war. How about the war is over? You know? Such a thing is that people are still dying until is gone. Yeah, I hate war, I do.
Speaker 2: Too, But it's affecting that Unfortunately, it's affecting I we wedn't have to talk about it. Only it's affecting the elections because people are angry with Joe Biden for a war that he didn't start. He is backing our ally because Hamas, everybody forgets Hamas went in and did horrible, horrific things and started this off. But in the meantime, the collateral damage or you know, eight hundred thousand people who have they have nowhere to go. They don't even even if you brought them to where their street used to be, there's nothing but a gaping hole like this. They have nothing to start with. They they have nothing. We can't even get food to them. It's still one of the biggest humanitarian crises other than over in Africa. I think Kenya is the second most crazy. And then the only other thing that we want to talk about is and this is no surprise. Vivic Murphy has been a busy boy. He now is saying that gun violence is he's declaring in a national public health crisis. I don't think it's going to change anybody.
Speaker 1: Forty six years too late, isn't he, you know, Bob, that we have better gun control, we wouldn't have all these crazy shootings other countries. It's a rarity that they have. Now, it's a rarity. It's common. It's commonplace here in the States.
Speaker 2: Oh it's I mean, it's not, that's what they're saying. It's in other high income countries with the worst.
Speaker 1: We're like the worst.
Speaker 2: So we got to figure we got to figure it out. So yeah, anyway, that that's about I'm looking the only other thing wise.
Speaker 1: Oh go ahead, no, no, you finished that.
Speaker 2: The only other thing was this is just data. So it's not surprising so under our reproductive rights section that Texas, because they've all been banded abortions, that the rise in newborn deaths has been unbelievable. Of course, because they're not they're not terminating the pregnancies upfront. They're being made to hold the pregnant to the end, and they're not viable pregnancies. This is the reason these women would not be having an abortion, only that they don't want their children to suffer. But they're going to be looking into that a little bit more so the much mortality way.
Speaker 1: It's super sad stuff. That is your talking point for tomorrow. President by I need you to stand with me and I need biological women. If you guys are listen to me here on leave of learning, but I need y'all to hear Joe Biden tomorrow. He's talking to you, and he's talking for you. He's talking, he's speaking up for you because hear me and hear me. Well, Joe Biden is gonna be the saving grace for women in this country right now. I don't know what's going to happen in four more years, but I do know what will happen in the next two years. If you put the wrong person in an office and I'm telling you the rights of you being a woman, and all this identity crisis and all this me too movie, all of that will go away, All of that will be It will be children's season on women. I believe that it will be open season and on women to do whatever you want to do and freely get away with it. I hate to say it like that, but it's because it sounds so messed up. But I don't know what you women are hearing when you listen to that other one speak, because your concern is not for him. The only thing that you have that he wants is what is between your legs, and he does not want you to have control of that. He wants you to tell you when you can and when you cannot. And I know plenty of women who will tell you, you don't tell me what I can do. This belongs to me, and I need y'all to remember that it belongs to you, so own it and make sure you continuously own it by voting blue and voting for Joe Biden. No, he is not my favorite, but the other one is my least favorite. And we only have two options at this point. Had we had another option, even RFK, who's not even in a debate, but he's still in the running, maybe I would have seen something differently. But from what I see what I have right now, my option is red or blue. I'm going with the blue because the Blue sees me here's me, understands me, and respects me. The other one, I'm nothing. Are you nothing? Nothing? Are you nothing? That's the name of this episode. I'm nothing? Are you nothing? Because I'm something. I'm damn show something. I'm something else.
Speaker 2: He I'm gonna channel my interflame Monroe. Joe needs to go tomorrow and he needs to stand on business.
Speaker 1: And for all you people, that's hoping, hoping and voting goes hand in hand, because hoping you're no voting ain't gonna work. It's hope and vote. You already prayed up, hope and vote. Let's hope and vote, ladies. Jam thank you guys for joining us here at left and I remember we're doing a special edition recap from the debate on Friday right here on our podcast, So y'all listening for the special Me Andbody. We're gonna give you I two cents because tomorrow night, if I'm gonna give you the two three, four, five six concent, I'm gonna watch some and some I'm gonna try to miss. I definitely want to hear Bill Myers take on it. He's one of my favorites. Any who, So thank you guys for joining us here. You can follow me at my Roe Flame on Instagram. Coffee Time is on YouTube every morning Flame, Monroe TikTok, Flame Monroe one two five, Instagram, Monroe Flame. You can follow my Beautiful co hosts Bobby Clifford at Bobby Clifford on Facebook and Clifford Bobby on Instagram. Also, we have the Laugh and Learned podcast on Instagram. This weekend, I will be in Chicago for Urban Pride, my hometown. I'll be there Friday. I'm doing the white Party, Saturday, I'm doing a fashion show. Saturday night, I'm going to see our baby, Teresa Griffin, and then Sunday I am doing the Park Prior Piade Park. Because I am part of the LGBT community and I'm very proud of who I am. It does not have to be June. I'm proud of from May all the way until I mean, from July all the way to May. June is just another month, and I'm proud of who I am. I hope you proud of who you are. Thank you for joining us here at laft and Learn. Nothing changes here except us giving you information and you feeding us back. We would like for you to send us topics or questions to at Laugh and Learn podcast page. Bobby Clifford will address all questions, all topics. If you be me, she's just gonna erase it, because if you be mean to me, I'm gonna cush you out. Because at Laugh and Learn, the policy is the same policy it has always been. Here are laughing a learn. We're not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why, Bobby.
Speaker 2: A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: And a vote is the even worse thing to waste. Hope and vote, vote blue and save you. This is slam My Rope, This is Bobby Clipper. This was Laugh and Learned Season four. Thank you, mister Aaron Howard, our producer, Hey send your Friday. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alright Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn