Speaker 1: Second date up dated when I was thirteen years old. This is true.
Speaker 2: I recorded an original song called reach for the Sky, which one the sky.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we've gotten to a point where you willingly playing this.
Speaker 2: It's dead last on iTunes currently. But the thing is, the underlying message of this song is, no matter what you do in life, you should aim high, shoot for the stars, even if you're a weird, little sheltered Jewish boy.
Speaker 1: What's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: I wish we could just hear more of it without us talking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good thing is, even though that mantra didn't really work out so well for me because here I am in the dying industry of terrestrial radio. Luckily it did work for one of our listeners named Brett, who says he shot for the moon in his dating life and it may have actually worked out for him.
Speaker 1: So let's let's talk to him right now. Brett. How's it going, man?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up? Guys?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you've been young Jeffrey Fan were single years ago and now you're reaching.
Speaker 1: For the stars or what?
Speaker 3: He's the one person that downloads.
Speaker 1: But then immediately defoish.
Speaker 4: It's all right, dude, I got respect. Like, it's true, like I do, like I shoot for the moon, like I'm always looking for the best for the stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does that mean in your dating life?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I mean, you know, Like so when I'm dating, like, I love the challenge of trying to get with somebody that's just completely beautiful, knowing that like I don't really deserve them.
Speaker 1: Well, tell us about the challenging woman that you met.
Speaker 4: Our names Hannah, and I matched a ten.
Speaker 1: Like, good for you. How do you? How do you land a ten? What was your secret?
Speaker 4: Well, it's almost like you know, so I go into like my laboratory and just.
Speaker 3: Like last okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I'm like, I try to be witty with her. I make some jokes and I guess the term is courting. But like with somebody who's that gorgeous, it's worth it to work for her attention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it's worth it for anyone that you're interested in. It doesn't have to be only worth it for tens.
Speaker 3: But okay, so.
Speaker 1: It sounds like attention.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you used some like witty, interesting humor on her and that got her attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like she did respond with me, but it was kind of hit or miss. I wasn't always getting a response from her. And granted I was a little corny sometimes, but like I was genuine.
Speaker 3: Oh, give us an example. Can I hear an example of something you would have said to her?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it just wants to be sweet talked round.
Speaker 4: I told her that she had pretty eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh man, a lot. Where's the funny part that come from your laboratory?
Speaker 3: It's not mixing with a lot of chemicals.
Speaker 4: Well, so like I send her a gift of like Steve Vashimi.
Speaker 1: That is actually funny. Okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So finally, like we get to the point where I'm like, okay, hey, you and me dinner Saturday night? Right?
Speaker 3: Did it happen?
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm sitting there kind of like waiting a while, and it's just after a while she's just like no, oh turns down. What I Well, I was back to my laboratory. And then like you're like thirty minutes, I get another text. She says no, Sunday six pm.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, okay, heya, So she said no, but then she said yes, she's trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: She said no to Saturday, and then half an hour later she said, I can do Sunday.
Speaker 5: There we go, not quite worthy of a Saturday night, but that's you know, you're getting your foot in the door.
Speaker 1: Date is a date. So what did you end up doing?
Speaker 4: Well? So I said, all right, so sushi, okay, all right? And then she responds like immediately like, no, okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, did she give a suggestion or do you just have to keep going down the list of different foods?
Speaker 4: No? But half an hour later, another half an hour later, she suggests the place that's by her apartment.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's just bossing you around telling you whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: It's a power move for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you ended up going out to a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did?
Speaker 3: What was that like?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: So, like I was so nervous that I got there like half an hour early, and I had them like set up the whole table because like I wanted everything to like look perfect. When she got there and she comes in, she so she like does not disappoint. She is every bit of amazing as she looks in her pictures.
Speaker 3: And great conversation. She only says no, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, she walks in and I greet her with the table and everything, and she says we need to move the table, that she can't sit there.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Wow, you specifically chose the best table in the house, didn't you.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I thought I did, but she had her reasons. I guess I don't. I don't know. I just wanted to make her comfortable, so I was like, no problem, we'll move the table. And I asked her if we could, like, you know, if they're getting everything together. I was like, you want to like get a drink or like get to know each other.
Speaker 3: And she's like, what you asked for?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Isn't that the whole point now that we're on this date.
Speaker 2: Would you like to have a conversation, perhaps you have some food?
Speaker 5: Why she's gonna say no, She said, every other question you ever asked this woman, Why would you set yourself up for that?
Speaker 4: Well, she said that she'd feel more comfortable if we didn't start getting to know one another until we moved the table. So we just sort of sat there.
Speaker 3: And she think, she is, Wow, and you're attracted to this still.
Speaker 4: Right, she's she just looks so amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I don't know if your brain's working, but something's working in your decision making.
Speaker 4: So we got it. We got moved to another table. Huh. Yeah, she likes the corner spot, and you know, it's great. It didn't really last very long.
Speaker 3: Did you ever get to know each other at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to sense was there like an actual love connection, any type of bond at all, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Because it sounds like you just stared at her the whole.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I'm not. I was trying really hard. As I was walking her out, I was like, I've got a surprise for you, like I have something for you, and she said, oh, I didn't realize I didn't see kidnapping me on your profile and.
Speaker 3: Is a joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was joking.
Speaker 3: I think, okay, okay, like kidnapping jokes. All right.
Speaker 1: Did you laugh at it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I tried to, Like I've been trying to laugh it off. But I had some flowers in my car I wanted to give her, and.
Speaker 3: She thought it was going to be zip ties and duct tape. That was probably a pleasant surprise the car.
Speaker 4: So I gave her some flowers and I asked her if I could walk her to her apartment and she said no, And I was like yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Respect her boundaries, right, what can you do?
Speaker 4: Of course, I offered, So that's it. I tried to text her another date, and uh, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that was your opportunity to actually kidnap her like she wanted.
Speaker 3: That's what we want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't want to unveil a mystery. But it sounds like she's just a typical girl. So maybe a nice free dinner. You seemed like a nice enough guy, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's trying to find love but you were a no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll find out and then you should be kidnapped her. But one of these answers is right. We're gonna call her and find out which one it is when we do your second date updates right after this second date update. A perfect ten. I don't know if i've ever seen one before.
Speaker 2: Hello, Oh, you're right, except when I look in the mirror, that is true.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 3: Pointing out this side of the room. Come on, you do the division.
Speaker 1: That's smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm fine with division.
Speaker 2: Tens are rare, but they exist, and one of our listeners, Brett, says he actually matched with a perfect He actually matched with a perfect ten online and her name is Hannah. She's kind of a handful though, because she shot down pretty much every suggestion Brett had for their date, changed the time of it, the location, even made them move tables when they were at the restaurant, which might sound high maintenance for a nine or lower, but again, Hannah's a tent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the standard tens get what they want.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be nice to live in that world? Yeah, honestly, it really is nice to live in that world.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brad.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, you said that you've been texting a little bit with Hannah, but it's been spotty. What's the nature of your text with her?
Speaker 4: I texted her, I've invited her bowling, I've invited her out to the bar, want to bowl.
Speaker 3: They don't break a nail exactly.
Speaker 4: But I've given options, you know, like I've expressed that I want to see her again and saying sometimes she gives me nose and sometimes it's nothing.
Speaker 5: So you're not misunderstanding that she's not interested. You're just hoping we can help you, I see.
Speaker 2: But the fact that she is still at least responding at all, I think that's a win.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to try the man thing to say.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to look at someone else be positive on this show. I guess it has to be me. So let's call this other ten and see what she has to say. You're ready to do this, Brett, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I'm thrilled. I haven't been blocked yet, but.
Speaker 1: After this, here you go. I'm dialing your number right now. Hello, Hi, is this Hannah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, answer the phone.
Speaker 1: Really nice to talk to you right now. My name is Jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hannah.
Speaker 1: Those are some other people that are on the show, but the do you want to talk to is me.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, Hannah, I'm Jeff's assistant.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's up.
Speaker 2: Well, we're doing a really special segment that we only do for really special people like yourself. It's called a second Date Update, and we're looking to reconnect you with a really cool guy that you went out with recently named Brett.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you remember Brett? Hannah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Did he What kind of impression did he make on you?
Speaker 7: I don't understand why I would be calling you guys that.
Speaker 3: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spoke to Brett about your guys's date, and he had a lot of really nice things to say about you and said he had a good time. And he's been trying apparently to arrange a second meetup. And I'm sure whatever, whatever the reason is, it's not your fault.
Speaker 3: You think it's Brett's fault.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to I'm trying to guess. Panah, I'm on your side, is what I'm trying to say. No matter what you say, it's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, Bread's getting the vibes that maybe you don't want to go out again.
Speaker 1: Sound like a seven would say it.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Yeah, I'm just like doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe that's great. Maybe you could do stuff with Brett.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't want to do the type of stuff that he keeps asking me to do. Like he's texting me about bowling and I told him I hate bowling and she's just like still asking me to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do, okay or anything you like. Yeah, it's a good question, Alexis I.
Speaker 6: Like dinner but only because I have to?
Speaker 3: What do you mean only because you have to?
Speaker 7: You don't have to, Yeah, you have to eat it's an activity to live.
Speaker 2: Okay, if she had a choice, she would never have dinner.
Speaker 3: What would you do? What is there any say you find fun? It just sounds like you hate everything.
Speaker 6: I don't hate everything. I just don't like everything.
Speaker 5: Okay, a pessimist, Well, I think, don't call me that.
Speaker 3: Don't call you you don't like That's what a pessimist is.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 7: Here's my situation. I don't like activities in general, and I don't want to do that. So honestly, it's just like, if he wants to go out to eat, we can do that. But other than dinner, I'm really not interested in ask throwing or all that other dumb that he's text me about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so curious what.
Speaker 3: You do all day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds perfect. I think that that would be okay with Brett.
Speaker 2: He was just trying to figure out some fun stuff that you guys could do together.
Speaker 3: Take away fun, don't do fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just wants to find some stuff.
Speaker 3: Not even stuff.
Speaker 1: He just wants to while you both don't enjoy it.
Speaker 6: You guys literally have any other questions for me? Because I have other.
Speaker 4: Stuff I do.
Speaker 1: A one more question?
Speaker 2: Would you like to talk to Brett, and the answer is yes, because he's on the other line.
Speaker 1: Right now, listening and wanting to say something.
Speaker 4: Brett. Yo, Hey, and it's Brett. Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm trying, Brett? Why do you have these people calling me?
Speaker 4: No? Look, I just I really like you. I just heard a bit of what you said. I just what do you mean? Like you don't like to do activities?
Speaker 6: You don't mean it super clear? I'm okay, what's going out again? Honestly? We could do that. It's not a big deal. But I don't want to do anything.
Speaker 1: God, he sounds perfect.
Speaker 3: Do you understand where Brett is? Maybe I'm a little confused. So what do you do?
Speaker 6: You just have that we can eat? But you know what, honestly, I'm thinking about going on a forty day fast. So you want to do?
Speaker 5: What could I?
Speaker 4: What would I? What do you want?
Speaker 6: Okay? Honestly, Brett, listen, I'm over dating at the moment. So if you've we don't want to do it again? Like that's fine too, Just no, like it's whatever I want to date you.
Speaker 4: I just like, so, like, do you want to just hang out and watch TV? Maybe? No?
Speaker 6: Listen, if you want to buy me dinner. I need to eat. Let's do that. We can. That's it, and no activity.
Speaker 2: But TV seemed like a good suggestion, Hannah. Like that, that's pretty much not doing anything right.
Speaker 6: TV is an activity and I already made clear I'm not interested in activities, right, Okay, why do you want to?
Speaker 3: I mean, literally, we no offense, Hannah. But you sound like one of the least interesting people in the entire We can find you a nice nine Brett. Yeah, it's like, what are you going to offer in a relationship, Hannah.
Speaker 1: Hannah, I apologize for my co host over there. That's a six talking over there.
Speaker 2: She doesn't understand what it's like being elite, even with a ten.
Speaker 3: If you don't have a good personality, like what are you like?
Speaker 1: You're not You're a ten brooke. You don't have to be anything else.
Speaker 2: You just exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 3: It drops you by like half.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't really understand why you guys talk on nine tens and all these other numbers. But honestly, I really have to go, Brett, is there anything else?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, uh sput it out.
Speaker 6: Just stay with you, say, because I'm going to hang out.
Speaker 4: I want to go out with you again. We can eat dinner. I'll buy you dinner. We don't have to do anything like, just whatever, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: That was kind of sweet, wasn't it, Hannah.
Speaker 2: We'd like to pay for you guys to sit in the same vicinity and do nothing.
Speaker 1: Guys sit in the dark and just match each other's breathing.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm hanging.
Speaker 1: That's considered an activity.
Speaker 3: Hang it up. I think that was a yes from her, though.
Speaker 6: I think that was a yes only if he pays. He doesn't need your money.
Speaker 1: Not a charity, Brett, I get it. You got the bill on this, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 1: Well we did.
Speaker 3: This feels so wrong. There's a lot of other women out there. It's gonna be like a like a silence. Like I like soup. He likes soup. She doesn't like anything.
Speaker 1: Bro putting in her head. And she did like it. She wouldn't talk about it. I'm be careful. Eating soup is in activities dangerously
Speaker 3: Close brooking Jeffrey in the morning