Speaker 1: The second day.
Speaker 2: You know, Brooke always says there's nothing sexier than a subservient man who can admit these.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, him turned on right now.
Speaker 1: The more tears the better. Oh yeah, she definitely has a type.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm a little bit worried that she might fall in love with the listener who's asking for our help today.
Speaker 1: He openly admits he screwed up on his date.
Speaker 4: I do like a man who could admit that they're wrong.
Speaker 2: That's right, So, Charlie, fair warning, Brooke might try and steal you away from the lady that we're supposed to be calling here.
Speaker 1: But welcome to the show man, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 3: I mean I was gonna I was gonna go with Chuck, but I didn't know if we were there yet.
Speaker 1: We'll save that for a little bit later.
Speaker 2: But Charlie, we want to help you out. Tell us about the girl that you want us to call today. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Megan?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, it wasn't my name, but I mean, I guess where'd you meet Megan?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming a dating app?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, she's one of the apps. I feel like that's how everyone meets these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I feel like it's a stupid question that we even ask anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we hit it off right away and had good conversation you know online. So then I asked her out and then yeah, I just at this point, I think I kind of screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh, so it's like the lead up, the talking was awesome. That's all good.
Speaker 2: So before we get to the really sexy part where you screwed up, first, tell us about what you ended up doing for your date.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I thought it would be fun. You know, we're both into Marvel movies. We were talking about that online, so I asked her if she wanted to go see one.
Speaker 4: Oh why is that? I mean, that's a great idea, especially when you're both fans.
Speaker 5: So she was like totally cool with it, and I asked her if I could pick her up, and she said that that was fine.
Speaker 1: She was to that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you know it's still good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially, I mean, big sign of trust right from the beginning that she'd let you pick her up.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So then I drove there and like I'd planned on, you know, getting a drink with her before I thought, you know, i'd pick her up, we'd go for a drink. But then the parking lot really packed and everyone that there early wanted to see it. So, you know, the drink beforehand didn't really work out. That's why you got a car bar, dude, Come on, yeah, yeah, classic, Yeah, take a couple of polls out of the bottle and that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah you are eighteen years.
Speaker 4: Old, right, get to know you moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it was already getting kind of stressful because I couldn't hinn parking. I had her in the car. I wanted it to be perfect. Yeah, so you know, luckily someone left I found parking up front, so we're you know, back on track. And then the movie starts and it was intense, Like I really liked it. It was a very you know, powerful movie, a lot of action.
Speaker 3: Did you have any time before, like even when you're looking for parking to connect with her though that matter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that the Marvel movie.
Speaker 3: It's the whole point of a date, Jeffer Long, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Fine, did you have to connect with the girl? Great?
Speaker 5: Je Well, I mean we talked like small talk in the car, and like I mean, I have to pay attention to the road and stuff, so I wasn't talking as much with her as I normally would have.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of dudes can relate to that, being.
Speaker 2: Like you're stressed because you want everything to go so smooth that you had a plan in your head.
Speaker 1: Then it's like all the parkings.
Speaker 5: Down the street and I couldn't find this and the next thing, you know, when you're everything's falling apart.
Speaker 3: Just a bad tone for the date, you know, like we're here to find out what went wrong?
Speaker 4: Right, and that could be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's learn about what went wrong? What was it?
Speaker 5: So this is what I think I started to screw up. I deal with stress by vaping.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean in a movie theater, Brooke, don't patronize him. He's a sad boy, Okay, just let him have his moment yuck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I need to take out my babe when I get stressed, just like calms me down. So here I am sitting next to this pretty girl and like, I just really needed to vape, and I didn't want her to see me do it. Oh, so I turned away from her. I pretended I actually dropped my keys. So I bent down she took a quick head from under the chairs and the smoke disappeared. I didn't think anyone knew except the kid next to me, like he looked at me weird.
Speaker 2: But whatever, you vaped underneath a child.
Speaker 5: Do this every I guess. I don't know what the kids do these days, but it made me feel more relaxed.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it hitting nicotine or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then a couple of times I tried to talk to her a little bit during the movie briefly, but like she didn't really respond, Like I'd say this is cool, and she'd just say, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She probably was just trying to focus on watching what was happening on the screen.
Speaker 4: Like there's no way she didn't know. I don't think it's the vaping. I think it's not sharing. You'd be like if you pull out a flask, and I'd be like, I mean, it's like smoking. It's like the same thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's so Charlie. Do you think maybe Megan saw you do it?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, so let me just t have it happened. So we left the theater. Everyone was hyped talking about the movie. So it was so good. Yeah, and I could let's go next door and grab a drink, and she said I should probably get back. So I started to get a little disappointed, but I was like, wait, are you serious, Like it's only eight o'clock, Like, why wouldn't you want to get a drink of bape?
Speaker 1: Yeahee, that's problem.
Speaker 4: You actually said that to her, though, Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it was only eight and I thought it would be fun.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: I mean she told me she did an early day the next morning, so I drove her back.
Speaker 1: Oh thats been an awkward car ride.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like she got out of the car even before I could try to hug her kiss her. So like, I just don't know what happened, Like did she see the vape? Like I'm thinking probably, but like maybe she just doesn't do it or it was a turn off, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just like it's just like smoking.
Speaker 2: Some people are like, oh, I don't do it, but I don't mind, and other people are like, oh that is so gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so who knows her?
Speaker 2: Like Alexis is like a four PM date discussing I start my Superhero movie at four.
Speaker 5: For your information, it was a five fifteen. It wasn't that four pm.
Speaker 1: A happy hour had already started. Let's just play a song.
Speaker 2: We'll come back call Megan for you, and we'll figure out if it was the vaping that turned her off or if it was something else that happened at the Marvel movie.
Speaker 1: We'll do it the second date update, next.
Speaker 6: Update.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners, Charlie, took his date out to a Marvel movie and he did all the right things. He bought the tickets himself, he drove them there, He attempted small talk.
Speaker 3: You know, we asked a lot of these guys in the world just.
Speaker 1: To be attempted. Though, you gotta give him credit.
Speaker 7: Sure, the one thing he maybe did wrong was vape in the theater mid movie underneath a child's chair, and then not offer to share said vape.
Speaker 2: But you know we never asked in the first part, Charlie, this was a superhero movie.
Speaker 1: Did you wear a cape to it?
Speaker 2: Because we've had other listeners dress up for their movie experiences.
Speaker 1: Were you in full costume?
Speaker 5: No? No, But let's just give me stress again. I think I just need to plan a much less stressful date next time.
Speaker 4: But it's a movie, dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was like opening night for a really popular movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that does make sense.
Speaker 3: I would also add to your list, like don't ever vape in the movie theater again.
Speaker 4: But you know, just maybe as number two.
Speaker 5: Thanks Mom, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: He's an adult. He can do what he wants to do. He's like, also, don't go swimming after an hour for years. All right, Well, we're gonna call Megan right now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna ask her what the deal is if it really was the vaping and secret underneath a child, or maybe there's something whole new problem that we didn't even.
Speaker 4: Know about parking skills.
Speaker 5: You guys, just don't bring up the vaping under the seat. If she doesn't bring that up, like that would just be cool.
Speaker 4: In case she didn't see the clouds got.
Speaker 1: I don't make promise. All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Meghan? Yes, Megan? What's up? It's your best friends over at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Megan very friendly.
Speaker 1: She's being so polite, Like when someone's like, hey.
Speaker 3: Remember me, You're like, yeah, friend, do you ever listen Meghan?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 1: I believe you like me.
Speaker 2: We'll take you at your word. And so obviously you know why we're calling. We're calling because you would love Marvel movies.
Speaker 6: I do. Yeah, are you surprise your tickets or something?
Speaker 3: Oh well, you just went and saw the most recent movie, so you should be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah I did.
Speaker 6: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: Well, because one of our listeners, Charlie, told us that you and him went out on a little date.
Speaker 6: Oh energy, Charlie.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Charlie?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, we're hoping to know a little bit more than that because part of something we do on this show is called the second date update.
Speaker 1: That's what this is.
Speaker 2: And he's trying to figure out why after your date you've gone kind of cold on him. Oh okay, even during the date when you chose to leave at eight pm?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean that was obviously an excuse, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay?
Speaker 4: Should he know? Was it really apparent why you wanted to leave early? Or were you just not feeling it?
Speaker 6: I think he should know?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well he didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I could say this, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, were you turned off by people who vapeh?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm just as vape are you cool with the vape DTV you.
Speaker 6: I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you saying he was vaping on the date?
Speaker 3: I don't know what was your reason for not calling him or wanting to see him anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, it was like opening night of this movie, and the parking lot was super crowded, and Charlie just kept getting like really flustered, like driving around and then finally just pulled into a disabled spot and whipped out a placard to put on his mirror.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Charlie was disabled or does he have Like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's not. He's not disabled.
Speaker 3: If he was disabled, he would have headed straight for that parking spot in the beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because he said he said sometimes I do this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, So he has a how do you how do you get a placard?
Speaker 1: Only a doctor can give you one of these.
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't even want to ask because I was just like so turned off at this point. It's all I could think of during the movie.
Speaker 1: Is that why you didn't talk to him much during the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: People who do that are the scum of the Earth's so bad.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, Megan.
Speaker 2: He never brought that detail up to us when we asked him about the.
Speaker 4: Date, because it doesn't even phase him. Jeffrey, I bet he uses it all the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's so high he didn't even know where he was parking because he dapes.
Speaker 4: Wait, there's just so many strikes.
Speaker 6: So why do you guys keep bringing up vaping? Was he vaping on the date? Like I didn't think he was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, you know who's better to answer that question is probably Charlie. Yeah, just so happens to be on the other line right now, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Wait, Charlie, you're on the phone right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 6: Wow, Wow, Yeah, Charlie.
Speaker 5: So I can explain though what happened, Like I know, it's actually kind of a nice story, and it's like touching to my family.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 5: I was very close to my grandmother. I know we didn't get into this on the day because we didn't go for drinks like I probably would have explained it. But she died a few months ago, and you know, I was so close with her, and before she died, she said to me, she's like part of your inheritance until it expires. Is I want you to take away parking pass and every time you use it, I want you to think of me.
Speaker 2: The thing I've ever heard that is as down are you lying?
Speaker 6: Brooks?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Grandma grandmother.
Speaker 5: She told me she like really wanted me to have this, Like she didn't have a lot of money, Like she didn't leave me a lot of things that I just I always smile and think of her when I use it, so I'm not walking. I wanted to treat Meghan well. Like we were going to a date. We were late, and I was like, oh, like this is like a gift from Grandma that we could get into the movie right before it starts.
Speaker 2: O Megan, Meghan, there you go. There's the explanation. Do you feel bad about yourself?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Is she crying? Is that Meghan? Are you crying too?
Speaker 6: I I don't know what to think. I've never heard of that before, and I'm pretty sure that's still totally illegal to do and doesn't take away from like the fact that we took a spot of someone who could be disabled.
Speaker 3: Right or another grandma like your Grandma's just up there somewhere looking down laughing at whatever old person had to park in the back.
Speaker 6: And use their walker to the front.
Speaker 4: Plus, you're at five o'clock movie.
Speaker 1: There's probably tons of grandpas shown and now they're like, whoa our movie?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what my grandma wanted to me to use it for something like this, like when I'm out on the date. She always wanted to see me, like with a nice girl. Like I'm sure she's smiling walking there from up above.
Speaker 2: There's my grandson getting some action to the back to get there. I mean, Megan, I really think you were going in a little bit too hard on him here. Really he has a dead grandmother.
Speaker 1: Well I think.
Speaker 2: People do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I would hope that I would get a little bit of grace for that, not for like.
Speaker 4: It was not only illegal, but like morally wrong.
Speaker 1: Was her dying?
Speaker 5: Wish?
Speaker 3: It just is a question like old people make questionable decisions all the time and they're wise for.
Speaker 1: Respect your elders wrong.
Speaker 5: Are you questioning my grandmother's sanity before she passed?
Speaker 4: This question of question? Be more than that.
Speaker 1: You know what I questioning is it? Is there love happening on the line? That's question? And I would love to keep this going.
Speaker 2: That's what Charlie's grandma would have wanted for you to go out on one more date, and she would have wanted us to pay for it.
Speaker 4: We we're just gonna guilt Megan into a date. I like it.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm probably enough. The path on this one, Like the grandma story is too weird, Like did his grandma also give him a vape?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Is that what you guys are?
Speaker 4: Her name was Jewel, Jewel a little holder for me.
Speaker 5: You know, it's okay. Please don't bring my grandma even more into this than is.
Speaker 4: Sorry, man, we're not trying to disrespect I like Grandma.
Speaker 5: I just so nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what did we learn from this?
Speaker 2: I always keep my promises. I never said Charlie vaped under a child's chair in a movie theater.
Speaker 1: Didn't say never left my lips. Not exactly like that.
Speaker 4: Both of you.
Speaker 1: It's done, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, let's just be honest for a second. Who hasn't parked in a disabled spot for like two minutes while they ran in real quick to grab something.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've done it.
Speaker 4: You know you actually left the car like a prescription.
Speaker 3: If I was sitting and I left the car running, I was in it already.
Speaker 4: I've never parked a car.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a diabetic.
Speaker 2: I know Alexis has run over for disabled people, but she's never parked in one of their spots.
Speaker 4: They were elderly different Excuse me. I gave him like five minutes and they took too long.
Speaker 2: I know, Brookie, you're saying that you haven't done it, but I'm just I'm waiting for TMZ to leave that photo. Were you parallel parked in a wheelchair lane at the good Will?
Speaker 4: That's terrible.
Speaker 5: I gotta get it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you ever want to get a second date update, reach out to us the sensitive people here at brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I feel like, Jeffrey, you're using that spot all the time now. By the way that you're talking about, jeff is the most concerning this.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you can always email us.
Speaker 2: We'll call the people who aren't calling you back, and we won't out your secrets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.