Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scoring touchdown is key to hoisting best Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use code Money Moves. That's code Money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred Gambler dot neat In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Woostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious voice on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your there's boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speeds not available in all areas. Some might say homes dot com is the best home shopping site, But why is it? Their sleek, ad free user interface enjoys search experience without distraction. Maybe it's their unmatched school insight featuring district detail and reviews from expert sources like Niche every parents Dream. Or is it their super comprehensive agent directory of how they always connect you directly to the listing agent on every listing halls dot Com even offers a comprehensive search experience with twenty two data visualization layers, seven environmental layers, and an option to search by commute and architectural style. Homes dot com is bringing you all the in depth info you need.
Speaker 3: Homes dot Com, We've done your homework.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for staying up late with us and joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot Com to join their Nationwi Fi G network today. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp, that Guy, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Oughterre, the pro Bowler on Pro That' chad Ocho, Senko Johnson.
Speaker 3: Make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, guys for your continued support staying up late with us yet again.
Speaker 3: Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier.
Speaker 2: We do have it in start and if you can't fight it any city or stay near you, reach out, order you a bottle and we'll ship it directly to your door. Please please drink responsibly. Please follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shape Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four which is Spent which eighty four being spelled out everything. Just restop use code super Bowl for an additional ten percent off. We've also dropped beanies in every color, also introduced gift cards and nominations from twenty five to five hundred dollars. That takes the guests work out of it, let someone else pick exactly what they like.
Speaker 3: We have a big drop coming week.
Speaker 2: Make sure you stay tuned, o Jo Luka Doncic made his debut for the Lakers, has not played since he injured that calf muscle. On Christmas Day, the Lakers defeat the Jazz one two. Luca was warming up. Excuse me, Lebron was warming up with Luca's T shirt. They placed a seventy seven T shirt on all the chairs within the stadium and the pregame, Lebron told Luca, Luca be your f himself. Don't fit in, fit the f out the Lakers, who won sixth straight twelve out of fourteen. Overall, Lebron James had twenty four points, eight assists, seven rebounds, Austin Reeves twenty two points, nine rebounds, fourd Zip assist, Rui Hachimurra twenty one point six rebounds, Luca Limited Action fourteen points, five rebounds for assists, and god Win the two way player has seventeen points.
Speaker 3: The Lakers.
Speaker 2: The last game before the All Star Break is Winnesday against this very Utah Jazz team. They defeated tonight up in Utah before the All Star Break. Let's continue right quick, oh Joe. According to Shams, the Hornets exploring disputing the Lakers failed physical on Williams. The Shawn Harmon's Hornets have been in contact with the NBA as they explore options to dispute the Lakers failed physical assentsment oh Mark Williams. Sources tell ESPN Williams Dalton connect trade was next Saturday, and now the Hornets way avenues to challenge. We'll talking about that a little later, Oh Joe, I like what I saw. I don't know if you like what you saw with Luca and I look, it's only one game. That's a very very small sample size. I like what they Obviously, Luca's gonna start kind of staggering because you want one of those guys to be on the court pretty much at all time. But even if you don't have them on the court, you still have a primary ball handle in Austin Reeves. So obviously Lebron can handle the ball, Luca cann't handle the ball. But when both of those guys are off the court, if they are off the court, you still have Austin Reeves who can handle the ball, who's playing extremely well. And so I like what I saw, and it's gonna be a lot of staggering. So when Luca goes off the court, Lebron is on, Lebron's off the court, Luca's on, or if both of those guys are off the court, off the court, as I said, Austin.
Speaker 3: Reeves is on. But I like the way they move the ball.
Speaker 2: And if you know Luca, Luca can get hot and give you twenty twenty five points on the quarter. But he doesn't have to worry about facilitating because a lot of times when Luca was on the court before he got Kyrie went on the hot streak, he still had to worry about getting other people involved. You don't have to worry about that. He has Lebron, he has off the reefs. But I like what I saw. And uh, Hayes Jackson Hayes is the happiest guy because all he's gonna do is getting lobb dunks.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, that work, but that's all he did anyway.
Speaker 2: But he's going to average probably about fourteen points a game getting sixty or seven lob dunks a game.
Speaker 1: So I like what I saw earlier on. Although it's a very very.
Speaker 5: Small sample size, listen, even though it's a small samblicide, you can tell that the future is going to be very bright for the Lakers. Now, I know people don't want to you don't want to get too happy they are playing the Utah Jazz. But obviously you understand how dynamic, you know, Bron and Luca are playing together, even though the simple sizes is small, especially with the IQ that Luca has, especially in the IQ, with the IQ that Lebron as as well.
Speaker 1: The spacing obviously with Luca and Brown on the court was awesome.
Speaker 5: You could tell that Reason is going to be able to eat as long as as well as everybody else.
Speaker 1: So I'm listen. I'm excited for the Lakers.
Speaker 5: I don't think I still don't think it's enough to be able to compete and contend for a title.
Speaker 1: I still think they need another piece. I could be wrong. You're gonna tindu. You could tell me you would know bet better than I can.
Speaker 5: I still think there would be you would need another piece to add to them, to that puzzle to be able to challenge out there in the West.
Speaker 2: They need a big. The only the only big that have is Jackson Hayes, and I don't think that's enough. You only want to play Jackson Hayes somewhere between, you know. Fourteen twenty minutes a night. He's a lot a guy that you're gonna run out there and play twenty five thirty minutes thirty five minutes a night.
Speaker 3: That's not what he is.
Speaker 2: That's not He's not been that player in his NBA career, So you probably need another big That's why they tried to change for the Williams kid. But as I was reading earlier, Oh Joe, he failed the physical go ahead.
Speaker 5: And now I have a question when it comes when it comes to feeling of physical is it hass injuries or does he actually have an injury right now to where he couldn't pass it?
Speaker 3: I'm curious. You know what happened that works? Oh Joe, you know what it happened.
Speaker 2: When they bring you in there, they tech you out, they start pulling on your joints and your shoulders and your knees and twist your ancup.
Speaker 1: Oh it's you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: They give you MRIs, they give you you know, all that other stuff. But here's a guy that's been you know, he kind of has an injury history.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what why y'all so anxious to get up for If he's so good, y'all't you welcoming back right right right, Clearly, clearly there's more than what's going on. They're like, hey, we thought we had another shooter, uh, because we know what Dalvin was. Yeah, he's kind of cooled off a lot. Early on, he was he was really letting it fly. Had some big game shooting the three ball for the Lakers. Can put the ball on the floor, can finish at the rim. I know the Lakers really like him, but sometimes you have to give up something to get something that.
Speaker 3: They realized they needed.
Speaker 2: A big Luca likes playing with very athletic bigs because he can get into the paint. He can denth it, dish it. A lot of lob dunks. Look go look at Lively, Go look at Daniel Gaffer. Look at the guys that he's played with. Guys get a lot of easy baskets because hey, he's gonna get into the paint because he can change speeds. He's really herky jerky. But right now, I think that's the thing that they're missing. They're getting better at shooting the ball from outside. Gabe Vinson is getting better at shooting the three ball. He's finally getting his legs back. Last year was a wah year for him, and he's finally starting to shoot like the Gabe Vincent that we saw his last year in Miami when he really let the ball fly, help that team get to the NBA Finals, end up losing to the Nuggets. Austin Reeves has been on a tear lately. He's been unbelievable. He's just getting better and better and better every year. Would I be surprised eventually if he's not an All Star? I can see it happening.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard because he had Luca and he had Lebron on his team. But here's the thing, O Joe, he's gonna be getting the third best defender. You've got to give one of your best defenders, especially with the wing. He's gotta guard Luca, he's gotta guard Lebron. So now it's kind of like that third receiver. If you got two dogs outside that third receiver, like bag, Hey, y'all give me the third and fourth corner, I'm definitely gonna You're gonna he's.
Speaker 1: It's gonna eat Ruey.
Speaker 2: There's another guy that's gonna get big because both of Lebron, because they're big, guards can see over the defense, so they can penetrate, skip pass, hammer pants over the top. It really doesn't matter to them. And we know they both can score. Luca has the highest the third highest scoring average in NBA history at almost twenty nine points a game, behind Jordan, behind Will. When it comes to the playoffs, he has the high second highest scoring average, behind only Michael Jordan. So that just lets you know what a proficient guy he is at scoring the basketball. And so you look at a guy that's average and basically twenty nine eight to eight, which is crazy, and he won't be twenty six until the twenty eighth of this month. So the Lakers has someone to win. Lebron de finally decides if and win, that's gonna be because it's gonna take a lot of pressure off Lebron, oh Joe, because he's not gonna have the workload of having to bring the ball up the court. He's not going to have the workload of trying to have to facilitate for everybody else. Luca is gonna take a lot of pressure off Lebron. I can see Lebron now play another two to three years.
Speaker 5: Right, you know what you're saying that we talk about you know, Luca taking some of the pressure off Lebron.
Speaker 1: Obviously Luca, some of the pressure is taking off him as well.
Speaker 5: Even he is as efficient as he is, he had to squad around him that where he doesn't have to do all the work he has he has. Hella athletes a lot of players with length, and I think he's going to be going to be a great addition. I think they just need a big They need it big. And if they get it big, now, I'm not sure how many how many viable options out there that can come in and you can plug and play and make a difference.
Speaker 2: Right now, now they're not a whole where you can't trade for anybody, So anybody's going to be basically streak free agents, or maybe somebody get cut and you able to bring the men like that.
Speaker 3: But I know they were looking at if.
Speaker 1: They getting cut, there's there's not much they can do for you.
Speaker 2: But but no that but Luka and Lebron can bring it out of them. But everybody ain't got a Luca and Lebron. But you know they were looking at valentiunas they looked at Walker Kessler who's on the Utah Jazz. But seemingly the Jazz wanted more than what the Lakers were willing to part ways with. The only guys are out there available. I think that Jabel McGee, I think alex Linn, Dwight Howard.
Speaker 1: Don't know what hold is.
Speaker 2: Dwight probably a year younger than Lebron oh Man because he was he was in the the draft class after Lebron.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: He came straight out of high school also, so he should probably be a year younger, a year younger than Lebron Lebron, but you're only at can you can? And Dwhite keeps himself in great shape, The question is can he I believe he can give you twenty minutes a night? He and Jackson Hayes alternating. You know there's gonna be sometimes they go with a small lineup, right, But the question is can those guys between the two of them, can they give you twenty twenty four minutes a night. I believe they can, but they definitely need Remember big Jackson Haydes is not nearly enough. Like I said, you don't want to play him a ton of minutes. He's an energy guy. He's gonna block some shots. He'll challenge some stuff at the rim. But he's a good role player. And the thing is you don't have to run plays for him because you don't. You got enough scoring. You don't need other guys that you have to run plays for. You got Luca, you got Lebron, you got Austin Reeves that can score, You got Ruined, you got four guys that can score. Now you need bigs. I ain't got to run no place for you. Get it off the rim, futbacks, lobs, can you rebound?
Speaker 3: Can You're challenging stuff at the rim?
Speaker 2: Because when you give up Anthony Davis, you give up one of the premier defensive players and one of the premier defensive players, but he's one of the best two way players also that's in the game. But you gave that up because he was your last lot of defense. He did a lot of covering up and think they was like, makeup all the that's your fault, the blemishes that you have. He could cover it up, right, and so that's what that's what you need. That's what you need. Is so kN Jackson a blocked the shots. Yeah, we know the white We know JaVale McGee can challenge shots. We don't know how much tread they got, but uh, look, you don't need You're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna get your kitchen, so I stop right.
Speaker 2: So you just have to basically hope that one of these guys that they're able to secure can give you valuable minutes because Luca and the eight and Lebron is gonna give you plenty.
Speaker 1: Now when now, I obviously don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how basketball works to the extent that you do during this doing this break, doing this All Star break.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the time you already have a big coming in.
Speaker 5: At that point, so you can hit the ground running when you come out of the r Star break and having a big you know, to go to go with everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the question is is that Rob is probably scowling. They're looking at But like I said, there's not a whole lot out there. It's not like you got a cream of crop work in a litter. Yeah, yeah, so you only got a handful of guys out there. Javel McGee has familiarity with the Lakers. Dwhite House has familiarity with the Lakers. I don't believe anybody else is gonna be get cut or get on excuse I say, cut a buy out right right. I don't see it. I don't really see any boys happening. I think Alex Lynn is available. He's another big Like I said, you're not gonna get somebody that's a double double machine. Most of the guys gonna have an older Javel McGee is a little older. D White House a little older Javel probably can give you, I will say, somewhere fifteen sixteen minutes a night. The White maybe a little more sixteen to eighteen minutes a night.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's all you need.
Speaker 1: Does it matter that they don't give you much on the office the end of the ball.
Speaker 2: Though, No, you got if you know if Lebron James that averages twenty five, Luca that's averaging twenty eight, Auston Reeve that's averaging twenty ry, that's averaging sixteen.
Speaker 3: If that's not enough with the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And consider in consider night, and you hope your bench gave Vinson can continue to get better and better. I like this good one kid that I saw, good one Godwin the kid that I saw tonight.
Speaker 3: They came up the bench. He's a scorer.
Speaker 2: You can tell when he gets the ball in his ends, he's looking to get to the basket. He's looking to put the ball in the basket. So I like what I saw with him. I don't want to get too carried away. Like I said, Utah wasn't playing any defense tonight. But if you look at him, I followed him last couple of games. He can put the ball in the basket, and he can put the ball in the basket at an elite clip. Van Doo's not going to give you much on the offensive end, but he's a defensive guy. Phinney Smith, he's streaking, he can get hot, he can hit you about three or four threes in the game. But you're looking for him to defend at an elite level on the defensive end.
Speaker 1: So Van do Phinney Smith that those are your defensive guys.
Speaker 2: Jackson Hayes is a guy that can challenge that the rim gave Vincent. He's another defensive guy. So look when you got Austin Reeves, guy's gonna go at alstere Reeves. They'renna attack him. Guys are gonna attack Luca. They know Lebron cannot exert that kind of defensive energy on a nightly basis. Yeah, yeah, so somebody's gonna have to defend somebody, right, But you would have to defend those guys also because you got three guys that can put the ball in the basket at an elite level.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I love the way Oster Reeves has gotten.
Speaker 2: Better, better, better better. We know what Lebron is, we know what Luke is. The question is can they add another piece, which I believe will be big, that can give them enough offense which you don't need much. Can you give us eight points? Again, but what we need is defense. Can you rebound, can you defend? Can you challenge? Can you clog the paint? And I believe if they get that, I think they'll be okay. But this, like I said, they tried to rescind this trade. I'm not sure. Look, the guy has it had, He's had some injuries. Yeah, I mean he's a big guy. Oh Joe, he give you sixteen points. I think he's almost seeing a double double. But he's injured and most times, every once in a while, if they really want a guy, I remember, I think it was last year, Yeah, maybe a year, maybe a year and a half ago, the Warriors they traded for Garrett Payton the second he was injured. He failed and physical, but they really liked him because they had had it before and so they knew what they were getting there and say, you know what, We'll go ahead, don't worry about it. Yes, he felt, we'll work with him. We'll let him take because.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing on Joe, I'm not trading for a guy that's gonna he injured.
Speaker 2: And I gotta wait. No, bro, I need I need, I need you to get I need you to go right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what happened with Anthony Davis because Anthony was a d was hurt and he was like okay, and he came maybe came back a little bit too soon, and so now he tweaked out a doctor and now he's gonna be out so extended time. And I just saw they lost Daniel Gaffer to night. So two of the three bigs they lost. Hey, now go ahead.
Speaker 5: You know it's funny when I think about do you think Anthony davis injury history played a part in them letting them go and not really not really now, I don't want to say not caring, but understanding that they could good Luca and had no problem letting Anthony Davis go simply because of his injury history.
Speaker 2: If Anthony Davis was one hundred percent healthy and played all the game like a c Green, you're not passing up an opportunity to get Luca Dongeons twenty five years of age, averaging twenty nine points a game, eight rebounds, nine assists.
Speaker 3: You're not giving that up.
Speaker 2: There's never been a trade like this before, Oh Joe, There's never been a trade like this.
Speaker 1: Not it is comparable.
Speaker 5: Is there a football trade comparable to the Anthony Luka Dahnton trade?
Speaker 1: Or is nothing even close?
Speaker 2: No, because what happened If you go back and look at the trades. If you say, what about Kareem. Kareem wanted to be out, He wanted to leave and come to La Acthle. Karine really wanted to go to New York, but he ended up going to the Lakers. With that being said, Luca is twenty five, and he didn't ask to be traded. Anthony Davis asked to be traded. Guys have asked in their prime to be traded. Luca is twenty five, five times first team All NBA, led the league in scoring Rookie of the Year. They didn't ask and they moved in. There's not a whole lot I don't if you really think about it, there's not a whole lot of guys that you're probably not gonna move in for. You're not gonna move in for the Yoke, You're not gonna move in for Shay. I don't know if they're moving for Jason Tatum because they like that mesh. But other than that, Nico Collins would have took that to the Warriors and say give us kd may or stock Kurt, Jeff Stephan is not going anywhere. Okay, Okay, okay, Jeff, it's not going anywhere. No, Steph is not going there. Joe Lokimmer is not Joe Lakam is not going doing that that deal. But but we talked about it. What the owner is saying is like, Okay, we fitting pulled to miss Power back right, y'all got too much.
Speaker 3: Y'all been where y'all want to go and who y'all want and y'all they didn't know it all the screement.
Speaker 2: That he that's a shock wave because do you hear all the players talking like, hey, let us know everybody is touchable.
Speaker 5: You know it lets us know everybody's touchable. But we still don't know exactly what happened. We still don't know exactly what happened where you're getting off a player that's been putting up the numbers. He's been putting up as consistently as he has, despite despite the injury and not playing since you know, December. Something else is going on behind closed doors, huh, especially for a player that's eligible for a supermax you know, five year through forty five whatever whatever, whatever the numbers may have been. If you're that good, if that good, how do you let someone go like that?
Speaker 1: What is going on behind closed doors where.
Speaker 5: You let him go knowing that you're not going to be able to replace that type of productivity.
Speaker 1: You're not going to you know, I mean, I mean you can get so formed, but it just is not the same.
Speaker 2: Luka, doncis this Summers in line to get five years, three hundred and forty five, three hundred and fifty million dollars, that's seventy million dollars a year normally if somebody's getting that kind of man, you don't want to have any questions. I don't want no injury history I don't want a guy that I have to motivate to do what he needs to do.
Speaker 3: What second, that's a lot of money, oh Joe?
Speaker 2: And so what a lot of the players are thinking, well, to keep somebody from getting that super mac contract. If I trade him, now I saved. Somebody else has to deal with that. But still even if you save, that means they still can't get the SuperMac when you once you get traded, because now that original team doesn't them have the bird?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Ights, I have a question.
Speaker 5: You think about the player that's that good, a player that's that dynamic. Now I'm not even speaking lucas you know in this sense that great, right mm hmm. With every great player, aren't there some type of issues internally? Think about it, Think about some of the stories, think about some of the stories. As great as Kobe was, as greate as Michael Jordan was. Yes, do you think everything was always perfect?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: There was no court because I think that what what what what was going on and the issues they had with with Luca It had nothing to do with what he does on the court, right.
Speaker 2: I think the thing was is that the one thing, no matter what you thought was they were too driven, they were too motivated.
Speaker 3: They came in shape.
Speaker 2: Yes, and basketball was the end all be all, right, and so if you're investing that kind of money, you need basketball to be the end all be all. Now, like I said, uh maybe, and plus o Joe, I need to wrestle some of this power back because Luca is so powerful in that organization.
Speaker 3: If I give him this money, he's damn near the owner.
Speaker 1: You think you're made it worse? Hey, And so that seems to me. Excuse me, excuse me, I hate, I hate to cut you off. Do you see the kind of money NBA players make.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, even if he didn't get the Super Max, he's still making fuck you money.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my bad, My bad, God, dog get my bad. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. He's making a few money.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, all the players you know in the NBA are making a few money. So now NBA owner trying to find a way to you know what, we're gonna pull and take some of this power back. Well it's too late now, it's too late. Based on the kind of money they're making. Everything is guaranteed, Yes, everything's guaranteed. So there's really nothing they can do.
Speaker 2: But Here's the thing, though, show the players gonna be on their best behavior because three point fifty, now you go down.
Speaker 3: To two twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Don't do me like that.
Speaker 3: I've just said that what.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine?
Speaker 5: What is there that I can't do with two twenty nine that I can do with three fifty?
Speaker 2: I can do just about the same thing. That's the that's the same thing that you said with the NFL players. What can I do with seventy five million that I can do with fifty? That's a bit. Think about it. And you leave Texas with no state income back, you go to New you go to California where there's a thirteen percent tax rate, right right.
Speaker 3: Luca is a global star, yes sir.
Speaker 2: And you gave him up and put him in the biggest market for the next decade. This is the Lakers. This is what they always do. This is what they've always done. Go back and look at the Lakers history. It started out when they got Will and then they got Kareem, they got McAdoo, they got Shot, they got Lebron, they got Anthony Davis, and now they got Luca. This is what they do, right, So people shouldn't be surprised the only thing that I think, the only thing the NBA owners are upset about.
Speaker 3: Bro, you ain't open it up. Do you know what Luca would have commanded or.
Speaker 1: If everyone had a chance to get him, Rudy go'ban went for four first round picks?
Speaker 2: Four? Do you know when Luca Donchin, a twenty five year old global international superstar would have went fun?
Speaker 5: So that means that means Nico Collins and Rob Clinkt had some where they were in cahoots, behind behind, behind closed doors, obviously not letting anybody know what they were gonna do, simply.
Speaker 1: Because it's the Lakers. Where else would you want to go?
Speaker 5: But the Lakers they have to make biggas flash, they have to have a superstar.
Speaker 2: But the Laker ain't had the best I bet you, I guarantee you if they had to open this thing up, Lakers wouldn't have come close to.
Speaker 3: The best package.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: But Rob Lincoln was Kobe's agent, Nico Collin with that Nike work with Cobe, with Jordan's work with Lebron. You see with now hopefully people are understanding it's all about relationships.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I keep telling y'all, Oh, it ain't about this.
Speaker 3: It's about that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Rob and Nicole had a relationship. I like that.
Speaker 3: It's this.
Speaker 1: I like this, they say, you know, you know, it's funny. You know what I do like.
Speaker 5: I like also is we need to be a little bit more and I'm asking for this. I'm asking for this. We need a little bit be a little bit more active on the basketball. Then, because now that football season is over, guess where I'm going to be at watching the game courtside. I'm not watching the game home wan't for the use some of this nightcab money, but I'm going to sit court side talking about dog.
Speaker 3: I'm saving. I'm saving my.
Speaker 5: Money where you're going, I'm oh, now you want to save. I'm appreciate you about saving all all this time.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no big change. I ain't got no big eighty four. I want't I stop on night Cap Live.
Speaker 1: I ain't got that.
Speaker 3: I don't have five bracelets. Wait a minute, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: I had to prepare myself for live shows.
Speaker 5: We have a tour. We have a tour coming up. So that's my stuff specifically for the tour. And now I can put that. I put that away and that's not coming out again until April, when it's time to go on said tour.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, you have to understand now, pat Riley and I have a relationship. Mickey Rrison and I have a relationship. I have a relationship with bad by the Bidio.
Speaker 5: I'm going to sit courtside next to the Lakers, next next to the Lakers, next to the heat bench.
Speaker 1: That's only fifteen hundred dollars. That's just no disrespect to anybody in this head.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's a drop dropping the bucket for fifteen hundred dollars. I could that's feasible for me for the rest of the season, after all Star break, where I can get a better end of the game watching it up close, being able to talk, and so I can sound like you, so I can sound like Steven. I just sound like Malika Andrews, you know, so I just sound like Perk Perkins. Yeah, all right, give me, give me three weeks.
Speaker 1: Watch how it sound.
Speaker 2: I am uh, but yeah, I mean I like what the Lakers have done. I like Lebron, But like I said, I can see Lebron playing two or three years for the simple fact the rourk low that he will. The question is his mind, like you said, because he's Lebron James and he's been great since he stepped pot in the NBA, and if there's any point in time that he can't be great, he'll walk away.
Speaker 3: Just like Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Tom realized Tom Tom Brady great.
Speaker 3: See people like what Tom. Look at Tom's numbers.
Speaker 2: But Tom, when you are a great player, you only get compared to a younger self. You don't get compared to the other players. Aaron Rodgers. When you look at Aaron Rodgers numbers, they weren't that bad, but you compared Aaron to the young Aaron when he was throwing forty five testdowns with four peaks, he was thirty eight touchdowns with three peaks.
Speaker 1: He was this and that that MVP.
Speaker 2: When you're great, it's hard for you to be anything other than great, right, and the and the and now all of a sudden people look at it like.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm a rig. It's hard. It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's just like when some people having a large sum of money and all of a sudden they don't have that no more, O Joe.
Speaker 3: They don't know how to behave m H like I had all this money.
Speaker 2: I've had millions, hundreds of millions, billions, and now I just got you a billionaire, and all of a sudden, all you got is two hundred million dollars man, two hundred million me and you two undred be like, sign me up. But not where you've had billions. That's the whole different ball game. Check this out of Ojo during the Maths karaoke cam. During the time out of fan mouth Fire Niko, they quickly booted him from the arena. This was the first time of fans had been shown on video since the trade. Fans booed as the guy was escorted out of the out of the arena. Is that the right way to handle this?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Listen?
Speaker 5: I no, wait wait, is it the right way to handle it for who the fan? Or then booting them out? They booted him out? Is that the right way for the maverage to handle it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely not. Listen.
Speaker 5: Fans come to a game, they able to express themselves based on decisions.
Speaker 2: That have been made.
Speaker 1: You know, I think curse.
Speaker 2: He didn't yell for fantasy. He didn't he didn't yell of scenities. It wasn't you know, it wasn't like you know what I'm saying, don't Joe. It wasn't anything like no racial All he said was yeah, right, that shouldn't get you kicked out of the arena. It shouldn't get you kicked out. But you're that's enjoy a game.
Speaker 3: You're there.
Speaker 1: You're there to enjoy a game. You're there to to have Nio Harris, I keep saying that. I keep saying college.
Speaker 2: Really, Nico Harrison, I'm sorry, chat Nico Harrison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Listen, there's a no tolerance policy.
Speaker 5: I think fans need to under understand and respect not only the players, but but other other authority as well.
Speaker 1: You know, go there if if you if you're not pleased with them.
Speaker 5: We understand your displeasure with certain individuals based on decisions that they made.
Speaker 1: You just it's certain things you can't do.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, when you get pulled over by the cop and just because you know the law, you want to challenge authority, or you want to curse, or you want to prove you know, you know, you know you think. Yet listen, you upset, you buddy, Yeah, you upset? But would happen and would you know Luca Luca leaving go to the game.
Speaker 1: Enjoy it. You see him give them a little quick boot, you know, boom, going by your binness. Enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: But I think when you when you handle it this way, now, you invite more people.
Speaker 3: Just hold on. All I said was fired, Nico Harrison.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's an offense that should get me thrown out of the game. If I if I'm yelling obscenities, I'm yelling racial stuff. If it is profane, I get it. But that's all he said was fired, Nico Harrison. That's not that's not an ejectable offense. Now they have they taken it. They've had to add extra security to this man to and from watching his own because of the threats.
Speaker 3: That's too far. That's taking it too far.
Speaker 2: I get it you're upset, but to put threats on the man's life and his family's life, that's going too far.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I get I get the precaution that the Mavericks are taking, but I can't get down with that because all he said was fired, Nico Harrison. And the man that is talked from your read I don't know that on Joe.
Speaker 1: You know what well cracking you window it always starts small.
Speaker 5: If you don't fix it, if you're gonna say the president early, that crack, it gets bigger and bigger over time. So now you're talking about he just said fire Nico, and that's all he said. You know that small crack will continue to get bigger and bigger because other people are gonna see that, right, so they're doing it.
Speaker 1: They jumping the gun.
Speaker 5: You know, we need to get on top of this now before the small crack eventually turns a little bit bigger and it gets.
Speaker 1: Out of control.
Speaker 2: We hey, once you go there, like, look, we asked guy, we asked everybody to be respectful, blah blah blah. And once he read yeah, once he yelled at the first You know, Miles, that the first time. Just fan offen. You remember how they used to show it every time when streakers would run on the field. A guy, women would left their shirt and they were just steal on it. Now they just hey, they just cut away. We're not gonna give you no TV time. We're now gonna let you have your little five seconds, your fifteen seconds of fame.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna move on. I think for me, I think that would have been the proper way to handle it. But hey, the Maverige did what they did. I don't agree with it.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, they just ejected a team Morant John's Dead out of the game because he said something to an official.
Speaker 3: I guess I.
Speaker 2: Could be wrong, and I think i'm prayer phrase. I think said y'all on the take or something like that. I'll have to be careful, you know, you say stuff like that to the officials. That's a very very touchy subject, especially when gambling is involved. But this this is not even close for me, Chad. Let me know what you guys think as an ejectionable offense. Kevin Uran is still with the Phoenix Suns and ready to get back on the court after last week's event for trade deadline full of speculation. It's just part of the business. Everybody's bought and sold in this league. Anybody came up for option, so I understand. It's just about getting back on the court and trying to go out there and play the game.
Speaker 3: That I love. It's part of the business.
Speaker 2: Though, We've all got to understand that the Sons ended up having a relatively quiet trade deadline, dealing only disgruntel center. You sept Nurkic to the Hornets, but keeping the rest of the court intact. The team's big three, the rat Up and Bradley Bill is still together and the franchise tries to gain traction in the standing O Joe, you agree, disagree?
Speaker 3: Like what Katie said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like what Katie said.
Speaker 5: Obviously he feels that every everyone, everyone is expendable at this point. And I think I don't think Katie would have said anything like that, and he hadn't seen the deal that happened.
Speaker 1: With with with Luca.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's but even the utter those type of words, but now seeing that they were able to get rid of Luca, despite how good he was, I think that's why he said what he said. Anytime anytime Katie was on the move, it's because he wanted it.
Speaker 1: Correct, It's because he wanted it.
Speaker 5: You know, he said, you know, he was displeased with the issue or with the with the with the turmoil and chaos that was going on around him.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to make a move.
Speaker 5: Him gonna move was whether it was the Warriors, whether it was God damn it, whether it was.
Speaker 2: He was a fridge of ok O Joe. So he's like, you know, I don't I want to move on? Well within it, well within his right. As you mentioned, he was there, he wasn't happy. A part of that for me, A part of it. Uh. The Warriors was new addition Johnny, Bobby Rick and Mike. They were the original Johnny Gill. Could I say them all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But he didn't grow up in Rosbury, Boston, so he was never going to be accepted like those like Trey Clay and Steph Steph Clay and Drakemond. We know what kd W is a seven foot walking bucket. Yes, sir, mid range can get to the shoot the three. You follow him ninety percent of his shot. You can play with his bag to the basket. We've never seen a guy seven foots tall head of the ball and be able to do what he does.
Speaker 3: But he's like, you know what, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes, he goes to Brooklyn and seems like, man, I'm gone. So once you lead, is easier for you to do it again? Oh Joe, It's just like somebody get divorced. A lot of time when people get divorced, you see a person with multiple divorces because.
Speaker 1: Once you leave a relationship, it gets a lot easier to lead the next.
Speaker 3: Relationship, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's another thing. And now I'm gonna take it to sports.
Speaker 5: Once you see someone get knocked out the first time, you know how much easy it is. And to get knocked good after first, Yes, subconsciously it's already there.
Speaker 3: Yep, he got a little lot faster. Huh. So KD just wants to play basketball.
Speaker 2: That's what he is. He's a professional basketball player. He works on his craft extremely hard. You don't get this. You don't play as long as he's played, be as good as he is without working on his craft. All that other stuff. He let Rich Climban do what he does, had his business stuff. KD just wants to focus on basketball on the court, and so he understands the business of the game, just like he was a business He was a free agent. He went the Golden State. He became a free agent again. He went to Brooklyn. He's like, you know what, the situation is getting out of hand. I don't think we can win here. I want to go somewhere else. But he handled it in such a way he didn't make a whole lot of noise. He didn't call, you know, mispracticed or be laid or stomp out the shoot a ram, shoot a round.
Speaker 3: His representatives say, look, I would like to be moved.
Speaker 2: Get what you cared for me? And this you know this, They did a ma solid. He wanted to go to Phoenix. They put him in Phoenix. But see that's because of the person, the man, the player that he is. He's been very respectful, how he handled it. They accommodated it right. A lot of times like where you want to go, Okay, I'm gonna see you do the opposite place you want to go to?
Speaker 3: Heaven?
Speaker 1: Hell it is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bucks general manager John Horse said trading franchise cornerstone Chris Middleton after twelve season in Milwaukee was the hardest transaction he's made as an executive, but did so to maximize the window for a championship. It's still the awesome responsibility to try to take this franchise and maximize them the window that we have now as best we can what we think gives us the best chance to win and figure out how.
Speaker 3: To continue winning going forward.
Speaker 2: There's a very narrow set of opportunities that we felt that we could do that, and this is one of them. Milwaukee traded Middleton and rookie guard A J. Johnson and it pickswalk to Washington in exchange for Kyle Kuzma, Patrick Baldwin Junior and a second round pick before last week's trade deadline. The Bucks also acquired center Jericho Sims for the New York Knicks as part of the deal. Ocho, the executive, said it was the hardest decision, one of the hardest decisions he's had to make.
Speaker 1: I heard that. I heard that before too. Huh.
Speaker 5: Then we hear that from someone who's who's who sits who sits to one of the higher seats.
Speaker 3: For the Giants.
Speaker 5: Joe Cano was one of the hardest things for him to do, but they still did it. I'm not sure in that case it was for the betterment of the team. Do you think this situation and letting Chris Midleton go was from the betterment of the team in the future and giving them their best chance at a trophy or competing for one.
Speaker 2: I think the injury that uh Christmas had the knee injury, they didn't think that.
Speaker 3: It comes down to Joe. Do I believe that I can count on you long term moving forward? Out shame. So I make a decision.
Speaker 2: When somebody tells you that you know your passion will tell you this is gonna hurt what I got. I'm gonna tell your ass up, but it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 3: Me more than hurt you. We don't do it.
Speaker 1: If I don't want you to be hurt. And I damn sure don't want better be a hurt.
Speaker 3: What kind of job is that?
Speaker 1: Hey boy, my grandma used to get catch me with that boy.
Speaker 5: And junior high, you know, in my early day in high school and getting the trial.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna hurt me more than hurt you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want you, yeah, hurt.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to hurt.
Speaker 3: I definitely don't want to hurt y'all mess me.
Speaker 2: With that fool and that's what that's what he exists. Oh you know this, this hurts me bad. Stop Uh now you know I obviously if it was a situation where and that's what if you go back and look at it, that's what made coach Belichick so good, and that's what really irked him. And that's what irked Tom because Coach Belichick realized, I'm gonna have to make a very tough decision one day. The closer I get to a player, the harder it is for me to do my job. This is why in the military they I don't know if they still have it, but higher ups messing with lord subordinates because they cloud your judgment because now I don't want to put you in harm's way because I feel.
Speaker 1: Some type of well bout you, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: So that's why they don't like that.
Speaker 2: They You know, if you are higher up, you can't mess with a subordinate because you're in a position of authority and you are over that pointing. So when you got to send somebody out to go do battle, you got to send them out the battle. What is that your little boo thing or that's your woo You think here with me, let me get let me get a little desk job.
Speaker 3: Yay, I don't.
Speaker 1: If you're going to get hurt, you stay right over here with me, right over here.
Speaker 3: That is how it works.
Speaker 2: And so when you're dealing with and so that's why you have to keep a motion out of it. That's why you can't can't get too close because the closer you are to an individual, the hard it is is it is for you to part with said INDIVI, and so you know, and maybe maybe maybe it is I behave I don't. I don't know. I've never been in a situation where I had to make it a very very tough decision where you've been with someone for an extended period of time and you won together, You've accomplished so much together, excuse me, and it comes to a point in time where you have to let sit in the you will go. I'm sure that's not an easy thing to do. But like you said, at the end of the day, oh Joe, no matter what I think of an individual, I still have an obligation to be owner that pays my salary to the fan base to put the best product on the floor in order to win a championship.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I understand it. I don't know if that's the best product on the floor to achieve the end goal, but so be it, O Joe.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs may be forced to release Travis Kelcey this offseason due to an almost twenty million dollar cap here. Vince would be the highest cap here for a tight end in the entire league. Given that Kelsey at times struggle this year to get open and to create separation, Ojoe, Is this the end of Travis Kelcey, who I believe is the go tight end and this relation ship with the Chiefs?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not, Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Obviously you know Pator Mahomes, you know Kelsey and all other players that are part of that team that are going to be there next year and not those that are on a one year deal. Travis Kelsey is the team player. He's a team player, and he's making so much money off the field, he's not going to have a problem taking a pay cut. He's not gonna have a problem doing that because he's gonna make up for whatever he whatever he doesn't get off the.
Speaker 1: Field because he has so much going on.
Speaker 5: Listen, this is the same situation with Tom Brady, who with Tom Brady Dayton when he was taking pay cuts in the winging to make sure they kept the team around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that he ain't married to Taylor yet, he might have going and proposed then if you want.
Speaker 1: That truck, he trust me? He good, trust me that he's dating a billionaire.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: I think he had no worries.
Speaker 5: He has so he has so many endeavors going on off the field, he got no I'm a team player. I'm a team player to come back, to keep the band together, to be able to get some.
Speaker 1: Eat, some other key off season acquisitions.
Speaker 5: I have no problem doing that and coming back and make and giving this thing another go.
Speaker 1: He can do that, so he not one that that's hurting for, So he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I can see him going to Hollywood. He has that look, he has that swag. I can see him parlaying what he's been able to do in football on the field and parlaying that off the field.
Speaker 1: And he has that.
Speaker 3: The question is, O Joe.
Speaker 2: As you get older and you know Travis is flying all over the place he wants to be with the lady of love in his life, He's going to have to make a decision.
Speaker 1: How important is football to it.
Speaker 5: You can't, you can't. You can't go out like this, Just can't. This can't be the last taste. This can't be the last taste him out. Hell, it might be getting worse.
Speaker 1: Not a game, not a game like this, not like that, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: The thing is about sports.
Speaker 2: It's funny how sports work, because everybody like you can't go out like that and then you come back there it's worse. This last time you're like, well, I can't go out back and it just can't get worth the work.
Speaker 3: There's gonna guarantee.
Speaker 2: It's not a situation where you get like a John Elway, I win a championship, super Bowl, MVP. I'm done for Michael straighthand they when they take down the Giants, I mean, excuse the Giants take down the Patriots too shy the bus the super Bowl is in Detroit. He's from Detroit. The bus stops here. So it's not always like that. We don't always get that Hollywood ending, although we might want that Hollywood ending. The question is is that I think he's gonna have to sit down and ask himself how much more do I want to give?
Speaker 3: What do I have?
Speaker 2: Because let me ask you a question, O Joe, he comes back, what can he do that's going to change the perception of what you think of Travis Kelsey. I mean, personally, I think he's to go tighty Oh yeah. I'm not sure what what's going on to change.
Speaker 5: I just know when I understand the chemistry and continuity that him and Patrick Mahomes have, Patrick mahons having that security blanket obviously when they bolster and hell and get that that officer line together. I think things will be a little bit more easy for him. The chemistry and the continuity ows between the crew. Noah Gray zber Worthy's gonna be back.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about Hollywood.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about Hollywood Brown and DeAndre Hopkins, but whatever other pieces they bring into that table, and I know that game of bad taste in everyone's mouth, including Travis Kelsey, and I definitely believe he's not gonna want to go out like that. I believe it's one thing to lose, but but Bill to to a doubles, that's not what they want.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonnack. He gonna have to take a pay cut. He gonna have to take.
Speaker 1: I don't think he have a problem with that. He ain't have no problem doing that. He ain't want to problem that because we say that because it's not our money.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen and just understanding how much he has going on, understanding the individual that he listen if this comes out, knowing I mean just Taylor Swift looked like the type of woman anyway, Oh baby, they want you to take a pic cut, so from.
Speaker 1: Twenty million to ten, you know what he go to ten. They were gonna take from you.
Speaker 5: She looked like that typees to cut your cut your ten million dollars check right there on the spot.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know they say God love your God loves the cheer forgiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She fans go after C. J.
Speaker 2: Gardner Johnson's mother's restaurant in Florida after his comments on Travis Kelsey's as wait what whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa? Hey, I guess I guess his mom owns a restaurant in Florida. He said something, I guess the comments on Travis Kelsey's ex.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You gotta be careful, Joe when you're when somebody you know has a business. Right now, they flooded with negative reviews. Oh yep, and things of that nature all of a sudden, that you know, stuff like that. So just you know, I guess he said that he should have stayed with that. Uh that thick.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of miss Travis Kelsey, you understand that.
Speaker 3: That was a long time ago. She's moved on.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly she's not, because she was on the field last night with Eagles with with with confetti.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: But trail, but trail travel has been that, that's been going a long time. I've never been petty like that, ocho. So whatever happens, I moved on.
Speaker 4: You move on.
Speaker 3: We moved on.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no bad I ain't got nothing bad to say about you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he hadn't said nothing at all, nothing at all. What is there to say, though, there's think to say. Do you understand that there's nothing nothing wrong with Nicole? You know, beautiful young lady. Yes, but making somebody very happy, somebody hold hopeful. Hopefully she is, but she has to understand the situation that Travis Kelsey is in. Now, this is with this is uh a whole different ball game. It's about Taylor Swift, but it is this is this is different. You know, it's going forward for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: You know it's it's.
Speaker 2: No man.
Speaker 1: Look, look, he gave up this for that role. Okay, maybe you wouldn't have.
Speaker 5: Who wouldn't have? We based everything off of looks in aesthetic. Man, we're talking about we do she got We're talking about a billy man stopped playing with me.
Speaker 2: Hey, you bring it to the choir. Now turn around to get into the congregation. I'll be the choir by the congregation. Better stop playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, we I'm thinking long term, long term Yeah, assets versus liabilities.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying the individual's a liability. I'm just saying I understand. I mean, I know what this is bringing to the table.
Speaker 2: I know what that's bringing to the table. Yeah, like I said, for me, I just like I said, I just prefer to just like move on in a different direction. I don't really talk about my exits with and you know, somebody's like, really, I don't really care to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Uh, that ran its course. I'm over here now.
Speaker 2: I don't really because you know, there's nothing good that can that can come out of talking hopefully my exs.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't, I don't. I don't beat my exit up. I don't say this.
Speaker 3: We moved on. We had a great time. It was a great two.
Speaker 2: Year, one year, five months, eight years, ten, you whatever the case may be, right, it ran its course. That's and you know you just move on. Yeah, but as y'all, a y'all a for what do you call him? Tell me what I should do? Because you don't know I'm happy. It's not like if because if if we were both happy, we would both still be in this situation.
Speaker 1: M That's the way I look at it. But hey to each of all
Speaker 2: The volume