Speaker 1: The second date of date. When I think about the worst date nights of all time, I immediately think of Jack and Rose on the Titanic, and it starts off kind of awkwards. She's kind of stuffy and engaged. He's poor, showing her drawings that he's made of other naked women in his little doodle book. But then right when the chemistry is finally clicking between them, what happens? Boat sinks, Everyone dies. Talk about the mode killer.
Speaker 2: She had.
Speaker 1: Other men wouldn't describe it as a successful date night, though we all agree she like literally murdered Jack.
Speaker 3: Was the first date.
Speaker 4: I mean, what do you don't know?
Speaker 1: I'm scared of commitments. Sorry, flights to the bottom. Well, I bring it up because one of our listeners and it was all about those disaster first dates. Just one, Chris, you have a Titanic esque moment? Come up?
Speaker 5: Oh big time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we even get to the iceberg, let's talk about the person that you went out with. Who was your Rose?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I matched with a woman named Connie on a dating app.
Speaker 3: Not as romantic of a name, that's all right.
Speaker 1: What did you like about Connie?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, full disclosure. She's totally out of my league, but we matched and like we kind of like have hit it off. But so I'm very much aware she's out of my league.
Speaker 3: So that's what you think.
Speaker 2: She obviously doesn't think that because she wants to go out with you. You mean you're chatting like that's your opinion.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that's really nice to you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you tell us about what you and Connie did, because you obviously must have gone.
Speaker 5: Out right, Well, we did so the night before our date. I got super sick.
Speaker 1: At that point. Are you still thinking I need to push through this and make it to my date.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh I'm not going to miss this date because of the league thing.
Speaker 2: But it's like society not learned anything. I think we're all good now. If you have a sick day, like, let's.
Speaker 1: Find cancels on me.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing the other day.
Speaker 1: Especially with the attractive girls. You know, you have one chance or they have a million other options to move.
Speaker 3: On to that man.
Speaker 2: But it's so hard to put your best foot forward when you have no energy.
Speaker 3: I mean, were you feeling better the next day?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, I was not. I was not at all. I was not at all. And where we were going to meet is like forty five minutes away.
Speaker 4: Oh, on that long drive when you're not feeling good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so about halfway day, about halfway there, I'm just going to say it, I got stick on myself.
Speaker 2: Nor my go honey. I mean at that point you finally turned around a way home.
Speaker 1: Right, I did.
Speaker 5: I changed clothes, I took a shower, I cleaned up, and by the way, like I just kind of with texting her and told her that work me busy. So I'm running late. She's totally cool with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Brook of course he's gonna lie. He's not just gonna be like, hey, I just pooped all over myself. Be there in twenty I love it.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 2: So you're like gonna keep going with this date like it sounds like you're still trying to meet up.
Speaker 1: With you forget she's hot.
Speaker 2: Oh god, obviously it didn't end well, Like it's not a good first impression.
Speaker 1: We don't know how it ended with Chris, tell us what happened.
Speaker 5: So I get cleaned up, I tell her I'm on my way, and then I decide to just take an uber there and oh no, I'm two hours late be So we're sitting down and I started sweating. No, I don't want her to think I was nervous, because I wasn't. I just was set sick sweats.
Speaker 3: Basically, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she can kind of tell I'm not feeling well. So she's like, I got to get you out of here, So let me just call an uber for us and then go yeah, and we'll like she's like being caring, you know, she like kind of wants to make sure I get home okay, or.
Speaker 2: Like sweet, I'd be like, don't spread your germs over here, get out.
Speaker 4: Here being hot and nice and understanding this whole time. She sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: Bro sounds suss to me.
Speaker 4: Nobody does that are snooty and they would just.
Speaker 1: Be like, iw So what happens you all get into the uber together.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So we get into uber and I'm fine for a little bit, and then I finally tell the guy he's got to pull over because I get thick on.
Speaker 7: The side of the road so gross, and.
Speaker 3: The sound of it you just can't recover.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then then he kicks it out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably thinks you're drunk too.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Well, my mom lived a couple of blocks away. The mother just go home, So we just walk a couple of blocks to my moms left.
Speaker 2: You've been banned from Ober call the other company, look like a mom's boy.
Speaker 4: You come in like mommy, I just for.
Speaker 1: I would have preferred to be on the Titanic this one.
Speaker 3: What happens when you get your mom's house.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 5: Obviously she was like nice about it, but she only kind of met my mom through like the screen door kind of thing. Oh good, she just called another uber and she just left. But I don't know. I need your guys help because I need to redo on this. I do so many things going wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, just because you got sick on yourself and then again in front of your date doesn't mean that we can't fix.
Speaker 3: This for you, or that you ended up at your mom's.
Speaker 1: Let's just stop recapping and just get to the call. We'll do it your second date update. Next update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of a second ate update update, and we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 1: Still, We've been given challenges on this show before, but maybe none greater than the one that we're facing right now. I cannot remember.
Speaker 6: Another I can't take the background music on these I because it's like it's gonna be tough for us, because we're trying to get a second date for Chris or as he's known at Uber headquarters.
Speaker 1: Sir pukes a lot because Chris felt ill the night before his date, decided he was gonna go out on it anyway, and got sick on himself, not once, but twice.
Speaker 3: He made it onto the street.
Speaker 1: The second time she Yeah, that was in front of Connie before she decided, I just need to get this guy to his mom's house.
Speaker 7: And drop him off.
Speaker 4: Literally. You think that's a joke Jeff's making, That is exactly what they did.
Speaker 1: Next, literally brought him over to his mother's house and dropped him off at the front door. So before we call her Chris and ask for another chance here, when was the last time you even spoke to Connie.
Speaker 5: Five days ago?
Speaker 3: The day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: That is so rough. I but your mom even felt bad for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom was pretty sympathetic to the situation. Yeah, she was pretty She was very supportive.
Speaker 1: Sweet mom. Well, at least you did end up getting a first kiss that day. It wasn't from Connie, but just on from your mom on the forehand, that's that's a positive way to look at it. We're gonna he was looking for something. Let's roll that positivity into this call with Knnie. I'm gonna dial her number right now. We'll see what she has to say. Okay, and here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Connie? Yeah?
Speaker 7: This is Connie.
Speaker 1: Who's this Oh it's good, she's alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're worried that she got it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Oh oh yeah, I'm familiar.
Speaker 3: You are all right, thanks for listening.
Speaker 7: Did I win something?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: What what is it?
Speaker 1: It is potentially a second date with somebody that you went out with five days ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh my gosh. That was not the kind of prize I was hoping for.
Speaker 3: It's close to concert tickets, you know that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the guy Chris.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I forget we liked Chris.
Speaker 1: We'd like to gauge how you felt about it. On a scale of one to ten, how hot was that date? Like?
Speaker 7: Negative ten?
Speaker 3: That's not fair. I'm sorry. Don't you feel bad for him?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What a bummer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was a bummer. I mean I was excited when we matched, but it was just he was sick. He knew he was sick, and he still went out on a date. And that's really dangerous because I can get sick too.
Speaker 3: I said that too.
Speaker 2: And but you know what his defense, he was like, she's so hot, you can't reschedule with at all.
Speaker 3: I thought that was positive.
Speaker 1: No, that sounded creepy.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm looking for a match, not because I'm hot, Like I went to somebody that can get along with Let me.
Speaker 1: Let me clarify. Chris just said he felt like this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to go out with you, that you were the type of girl that probably would have moved on if he didn't make it work that night.
Speaker 7: Well, he didn't make it work that night.
Speaker 2: That's basically what I said, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: To just her looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was very excited, and I think that what it.
Speaker 1: Is, but not over excited in the creepy type of way. It was just a normal amount of excitement.
Speaker 3: He regrets everything that went wrong. I mean you can say that he regrets.
Speaker 7: That well, and then you know, when I found out he actually lives with his mom. That was kind of ridiculous too.
Speaker 2: He said that he had to drive forty five minutes to see you. He lived forty five minutes away, and instead of ubering all the way back home, he just had you rop him off at his mom's house because she was close.
Speaker 7: Wow, you sound like you know a lot more about the dates than I do. Why don't you fill me in?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't need it in the mean way.
Speaker 1: I just we we could fill you in on the whole thing, but it'd probably be easier if we just let Chris do it himself, because he's on the other line listening right now.
Speaker 2: And want to know, I said, Chris say anything that bad.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just I'm just curious. I'd like texted a couple of times and you haven't responded.
Speaker 7: So I mean, I'd rather not hurt your feelings. Even though I'm was really.
Speaker 3: Upset you're upset, It's just easier.
Speaker 7: I was upset about everything about being exposed to getting sick. You know, now I'm even more upset about the hot comment.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just meant to say, like he he thought he had one shot with you, and he didn't want to ruin it, That's all I meant.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I hate to say this, but that just sounds really pathetic.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, you know, Broke, I would really appreciate it if you could just apologize to me and her like what you said.
Speaker 1: Chris, I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Brooke.
Speaker 1: Would you like some music but in the background to make it sound a little bit more Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Are you serious that you want me to know?
Speaker 1: We want we want our host to apologize to you, Connie.
Speaker 3: Connie, I would like to apologize. You are not hot, nor are you a peaceful You are a special person.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, apologized. I didn't think the party could the insult.
Speaker 2: Chris was just excited to go out with He made a poor choice in meeting up with you. I'm just saying like he should have rescheduled. He knows that now and we've all made mistakes.
Speaker 3: You can give him some slack.
Speaker 1: Do you accept Brooks really horrible apology?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 7: I mean sure I can accept it from you. Okay, you sound really sweet and I hear you on the radio, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about though he's sweet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, at least tell her you don't live with your mom.
Speaker 5: So I don't live with my mom full time time, part time. Yeah, I just know I what I mean. So I didn't go over there on weekends.
Speaker 7: So like your CouchSurfing, and then after CouchSurfing, you go to your mom.
Speaker 5: I want you, Tom, I have my own plate. I just see my mom like drop off, like I'll do like laundry there.
Speaker 1: And he's a sweet guy who likes the pooch offer no.
Speaker 3: Guy, So what you do at your mom's house?
Speaker 4: Hypothetical? What if none of this ever happened, and there's no throw up, there's no mom, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: You just go on a date. Give him a second chance. Just imagine if Jack and Rose on the Titanic had a second chance. Oh my gosh, you could pull him up from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean and say, I am sorry Jack for letting you slip below the waves, you poor little man, king of my world. Come join me on this door.
Speaker 3: Okay, push him off the door, Connie, here's the deal.
Speaker 7: I will go for coffee.
Speaker 1: Ye starts with coffee, and then he's doodling you naked with just one piece of jewelry around.
Speaker 7: Okay, I thank my mind.
Speaker 1: Brook apologize for me.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Man, I still don't know how we rescued that and convince Connie to agree to a second date.
Speaker 3: But I still don't understand what I did wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, no matter, I mean, I think if you hear it, you can understand.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: The good news is Connie and Chris are both back on the phone for an update. Welcome back to guys.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, how has it been going.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 8: Well, it's been going really well, actually cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I want to actually just say I'm sorry because you know, I was kind of harsh and I was defensive, and I'm really glad that I gave Chris another chance because you've been doing really well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Chris, you guys are together.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm really glad to you know, the past few months have just they've been honestly, they've just been amazing.
Speaker 3: That That is the cutest.
Speaker 1: Well what's new with you guys, and is there any new updates other than you're together?
Speaker 8: Yeah. So more recently, I had like a fire in my apartment.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: We actually just had to move out of the building. I didn't have any place to stay. So I was able to see with Chris for.
Speaker 3: A while at his house or his mom's house, and his.
Speaker 1: Mom, who yeah, whose idea was this?
Speaker 5: Uh? You know, it was kind of like my idea, and I didn't know if she would go for it first, but she was on board.
Speaker 8: Whoa, Wow, I know, and I'm just like, wow, I can't believe this. Whenever I tell people this, it sounds so.
Speaker 7: Crazy, but it's just been fantastic.
Speaker 8: Chris's mom is amazing and I really love hanging out with her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I would not say she actually hangs out with my mom more than she does me.
Speaker 1: That's the key to relationship. That's strange.
Speaker 8: Yeah, guys, so I just saw the ladies out there. I just want to say, Mama's boys some times are a good thing. That could be a green light rather than a red light.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 1: We'll definitely keep us updated on how your relationship goes.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, okay, thanks for having us back, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh we will for sure.
Speaker 1: Rookie Jeffrey in the morning,