Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: To no one's surprised the Dodgers get Trek's Scuble. I think the surprise might have been, are you giving up big time talent to get him? And I think the general consensus was could other teams have done this? Probably? But here's the problem with that. Trek Scuble had the leverage by saying he wanted to go to the Dodgers wanted to go to the West Coast. Therefore, you took away a lot of the leverage that maybe the Tigers would have had of what they got in return. The key will be moving forward, the kind of contract Trek Scouble is going to want, And of course looming large is is there going to be a lockout at some point? Do we lose a baseball season? Do we look back on trek Scuoble and go that's when we finally decided we had to do something. Get a salary cap. I'm okay. If you want to do a salary cap, if you're going to have a floor that's raised as well, I think you got to be fair to the amount of money that the owners are making. The players Association is going to be if you're having a salary cap, you've got to at least raise the floor so we know that you're going to have salaries that are at least commensurate to other teams in the league. Now, you can spend money stupidly like the Mets did, it's not. The Dodgers know how to do this organizationally. That's what separates them. You can have a really good minor league system. You can also go out and spend for free agents, you know, trades. They've done everything, and you've got a brilliant front office who found a way to circumvent the salary cap and the rest of the baseball hierarchy here. So I applaud them for what they did. If I'm a Dodger fan, that's what I want my ownership to do. Now. Am I worried about the rest of baseball? I guess if you said, hey, you know what, because of this, the way your team is, this is what's going to happen in the meantime. Hey, I'm riding the merry go round. This is great. I wonder if Sho heeo Tani's injuries may have led to the Dodgers saying we have to have trek skoubl. It's not a situation of hey, this would be a luxury item. It might be something that they truly need. And keep this in mind, for all the spending the Dodgers had, how close did the Blue Jays come to winning the World Series last year? When you are in a seven game series and all it takes is one pitcher or two pitchers to get hot, or one bat or two bats to get hot, and all of a sudden things change. So, yes, the Dodgers prohibitive favorites even before the trade deadline. By the way, later today is the trade deadline. But if you're looking at World Series odds, yes, the Dodgers are prohibitive favorites at plus one fifty, the Yankees at plus six hundred, that's really it. Then it goes down to the Brewers at plus one thousand, the Braves plus one thousand, the Rays plus fourteen hundred. So yes, is it top heavy with the Yankees and the Dodgers, Yes, it is. But I thought the Brewer is going to try to jump in. And if you put trek Skouble with miss Rowski, look out, because then you can take on anybody if you have two hammers, like that. I always go back to Randy Johnson and Kirk Shilling when the Diamondbacks had them. They had hammers and you had to deal with them. But back then, pitchers were going seven to eight, maybe even nine innings. Obviously, the game has changed and the Dodgers. The Dodgers did what I thought they were going to do. I'm wondering if they're done at the trade deadline, but we'll talk to Tim Kirchin. He'll join us coming up. All right, Dylan, poll question for the first hour is going to be, what, well, if you had.
Speaker 3: To bet on the World Series winner today, are you taking the Dodgers or the field.
Speaker 2: I'll take the field. I'll take the field. I'm not fully committed to that, but I for content purposes only, I would take the field. I just I've been around this too long where you just see something and you go, I didn't think that was going to happen. Now. Do I expect the Dodgers to win, Yes, but can you see where something happens? Yes, yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 4: The fact that you had to pause before picking the field, it's like the field should be the pick. But the Dodgers of that threatening, they're they're removing any possibility for an injury that messes them up. They could afford them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's really the key that if if Shoheyutani can't pitch again, or they're not going to pitch him, Okay, problem solved. I bring in Trek Scouble. They already got the line up there. They're outscoring the opposition by what's the number now, PAULI.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers have outscored their opponents by one hundred and fifty runs this year. There's only two teams that are over one hundred and five of They're always one of them.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. You got a big project coming up? Chat gpt has a new agent for larger projects, Chat gpt work. You give it a goal, help turn scattered material into finished work. Get started at chatgpt dot com, selecting work mode available on plus and pro plans. What else do you have there? Dylan Possible pull questions for hour one.
Speaker 3: Um A simple one. Are you in favor of a salary cap in baseball?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 3: And does this change the scooble to the Dodgers thing influence you in that way.
Speaker 2: I would think that everybody is going to be in favor unless you're a Dodger fan for the salary cap. The Players' Association wouldn't be in favor of it. But I think as a sports fan, if you look at the NBA and you've had eight different winners the last eight years, if that's what you want instead of when I was growing up, you always had that team. You had to beat that team. There was always the dynasty, whether it was the UCLA Bruins or you know, I grew up with a big red machine. You know, there was the Steel Curtain. You had that team you set your sights on and say we got to be better than them. You might be kind of parody. Everybody has a chance. The NFL gives you that every single year. So I would say most people outside of the player Association and Dodger fans would be in favor of a salary cap. Yeah, Paul, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like you said that, the salary floor has got to be more important because if you're a Pirates fan, I just looked at the Pirate's history. They made the postseason three times in the past thirty three years. That's that's less than ten percent. You got to get a chance to have a chance.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers, they are now paying one hundred and eighty million dollars in luxury text. That's more than twelve total teams entire payroll. So there is a problem with that. It sounded like a stat.
Speaker 5: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Maybe you were just letting it breathe Is that what you were doing the anticipation there. I don't know if you were still going or not, but I was ready, Okay, I made eye contact with you. I was, you know, like laser focused. Yeah, well yeah, oh yeah, all right, so we'll come up with the pole question. Phone calls is always with best and worst of the weekend. I do have updated odds. By the way, Dylan will be betting on the Hall of Fame game on the next gambling podcast, right, yes, sir, okay, the Panthers are favored by one and a half over the Cardinals and the over unders thirty six and a half. Just let you know. And yes, I used to bet on preseason football. I used to bet on the Hall of Fame game. Oh that was sad, that very sad. Yes, marmon, how how low did you have to go preseason football. I know, but you're so you're you're so energized for football, you're waiting for it, and you're like, all right, preseason football, and you know, I've got depth charts. I'm thinking who's playing, how long they're playing, starters aren't playing, how good's their second string, you know, quarterback, running back, all of that stuff. No, sad, really sad, Yes, Dylan, you could argue that that's the sharp play.
Speaker 3: Like the best run I ever went on betting was I had a time where I was all over the preseason hockey point totals.
Speaker 2: Sad they weren't man all of a sudden, Brendan Sorosby doesn't look that bad, yes, bol Which.
Speaker 4: Is worse betting on the Hall of Fame game or being I did that your team wins the Hall of Fame game, like a fan base us like, if I'm a Cardinal fan, you know we won that game fourteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just saying, if I'm a Cardinal fan, I'll take any victory. I like a scrimmage. Hey, you know what, we beat the Commanders, Yes, yes, Mark, No, don't do that because the Lions are on all four of their preseason games and then went on to sixteen. So I'm not sure if they want to do that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of football, Sean McVay at his press conference was talking about the possibility of Aaron Donald returning.
Speaker 6: Hey, here's what I would tell you. There won't be any news on that front until we get back to Woodland Hills. You know, we have some different things, which you know, I know, I totally understand. What I don't want to do is put there's some conversations that we've had, We've loosely had some different timelines that are kind of temporary. I want to keep those between us, just you know, if something unforeseen happens, out of respect for him in the situation. But I know this, you know, the things are going in the right direction, and if there's an arrow, it's turning upwards.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm even surprised that he's talking that much about this because it feels like, now, do I think something's going to happen? Yes, I do. I think that Aaron Donald will play because he's saying it's trending upward. I think you have an idea, a sense of this. If I'm Aaron Donald, I don't want to go to camp any sooner than I have to. But if I'm Sean McVay, I would probably take the approach of, hey, I want to talk about the players who were here, instead of the hypothetical, because then people will you know, you're going to write down his words, record his words, and then play the words back to him and what happened. So I think staying off the topic, even though he's excited about the possibility, I would probably remove myself from the hypothetical of Aaron Donald just say, you know, I got to set a deadline at some point. I think when they go back from training camp, then he's gonna have something to say, and I think that it probably will be that Aaron Donald is going to come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, PAULI, the deadline for Aaron Donald should be during the national anthem in Week one, he walks on the field shirtless. I put him in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's gonna play. It feels like there's I haven't heard any setbacks. I haven't heard anything of you know what, there's a chance that maybe he's not coming back. But I do think that when you can hear it in his voice, you can hear it in his voice that he's having some fun with this. He's excited about this, and rightfully so.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new US two channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: We have our play of the day coming up. We'll settle on our poll question. Your phone call is always welcome. Best and worst to the weekend. Here's Dodger manager Dave Roberts on criticism regarding the trade for Terry Skooble.
Speaker 8: There's it just seems like there's always blowback with us. People are passionate. We feel good about it. There's nothing that we did that no one else couldn't have done. You know, I just lot our front office or you know, we have to have the players to be able to pull something like this off. And you know we still got you know, parkably one of the top two or three or one or two or three farm systems in baseball, you know, a day later. So it's a credit to a lot of people in this organization.
Speaker 2: He's right about that with the farm system to have the pieces that you can trade away to get Trek's scouble. Tim Kirkchin, Tim Kirkchin, ESPN Baseball Trade Deadline. They have a special on the Mothership from four to six Eastern. Tim will be there with Jeff Pass Andbuster only at Bardo Perez and Kevin Conners the trade deadline six pm Eastern. All right, Timmy, where do you stand on what the Dodgers pulled off here with Trek Scuble?
Speaker 9: How a problem with this? I mean, is it healthy Dan, that the payroll disparities is what it is in the major leagues right now? No, it's not healthy, But that's not the Dodgers fault. A lot of other teams are spending a lot of money and people don't like to hear this, but the Dodgers are an exceptionally run organization. They draft and develop better than most teams, they teach better than most teams, So they were in a position to do this and a lot and Dave Roberts is right, a lot of other teams could have gone out and gotten trek Skuble with the understanding of course, they have the resources and the money that other teams don't have. But when it comes to the resources, they've built that organization so well, that's how they have a really really good farm system them are able to make a deal like this.
Speaker 2: Does getting schooball now give the Dodgers a luxury of not having to pitch Otani at any time over the next month or so.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think it does, And I think they want him. I know they want him to pitch in October. But when you get Blake Snell back, and you have Snell and Yamamoto and Scooble, and when they get Tyler glass now back and they have Roki Sazaki, it's it's one hundred miles an hour with a great split. That's already five guys right there without Otani. Now they Otani to pitch. I think Otani will pitch before the end of the season. But this indeed gives them the opportunity to say, we need him as a great offensive player, and if pitching is in any way going to get in the way of that, we don't have to pitch him because we just acquired the best pitcher in the American League.
Speaker 2: How do the Dodgers not win the World Series?
Speaker 9: Well, Dan, you played both sports, and you recognize that anything can happen in baseball, and you have the best players on a basketball team, and they work really well together, and Michael and Larry touch it on every possession. That's different than in baseball because Show is only in about four or five times a game, and they might not pitch to him. But I think the Dodgers are the clear favorites to win the World Series again, in part because their roster is just so ridiculously deep, and now they're pitch staff is equally deep.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the expensive elephant in the room about what this is going to mean for baseball as we move forward and the CBA and Players Association and all that mess that we know is looming here.
Speaker 9: Tim, Yeah, mess is a good word for it, Dan, And I am worried like everyone else that there will be a lockout there will be games lost next year, we might lose the whole season. Let's hope none of that is true. But this, this is where we are right now. The two sides are really far apart. Wasn't that long ago Someone who would know told me never seen the side this far apart with a deadline looming this close. So let's just hope that everyone recognizes there is so much money to be lost in this game if we don't play by the players, hand by the owners, and maybe somehow someone will find a way to put this together. But if the owners think they're going to get a salary cap from the players, I just don't think that's going to happen. And that's why I think we're going to have a work stoppage at this point.
Speaker 2: But if you look at seventy percent of teams reinvest less than fifty percent of their revenue back into their own teams. The recent study had that. So is it a salary floor that we need more than we need a salary cap.
Speaker 9: I'm not even sure a floor fixes fixes the situation either day. Let's just say you have a ninety million dollar payroll and you're not very good, and you're gonna lose. You know you're going to win sixty eight games, and then they make you spend one hundred and fifty million, and then you win seventy two games and you only finish four games higher, and you still don't make the playoffs. Just because you have a floor doesn't mean you're going to solve the problem. Is it worth a try? Yes, it's worth to try. Am I in favor of it? Yes, I am. But it's not going to solve all the problems. The problems are too big to be solved just by a salary floor.
Speaker 2: I thought about this. I saw this the anniversary nineteen sixty and I thought of you. The Tigers traded their manager Jimmy Dike's to the Indians for their manager, Joe Gordon. I figured you would have a story something to add to this.
Speaker 9: Knowing you, I'm not sure I have a manager for manager story. I was only three years old at the time, Dan, But it just goes to show you how beautiful this game is that just when you think you've seen everything, something else happened. It's just it's just the craziest, stupidest, best game ever, and it's going to be proven again today because something's going to happen at the trade deadline. It's just going to make our us slap our foreheads like we do all the time. But that's why baseball is so great is it's so unpredictable and I never know what's going to be around the corner. This year. I've been wrong Dan so many times about so many things, so many teams, and I'm not apologizing to anybody for it, because it just proves dead. The game is so beautiful, it's too good to be predicted. And Dan, it troubles me a little bit that we're trying to predict what a player is going to look like five years from now, or a team is going to look like five years from now, and we don't even know it's going to look like five minutes from now. That's just how the game operates.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised like I am, that the mic cackage Fritz Peterson swapping wives they were teammates hasn't been made into a movie yet.
Speaker 9: The children to Dan imagine doing that? I mean, I just.
Speaker 2: Yes, named children be named later. I think.
Speaker 9: For a fifth grader to be named later. No, I'm shocked that more wasn't made out of that At the time. Magine, Dan, if something like that were to happen today, with Twitter x whatever it's called, the Internet, all that stuff, it would be total bedlam. Yes, I think at some point someone needs to make a movie about that, because it actually happened between Major League baseball players.
Speaker 2: Thanks for squeezing us in. I know you're busy. Safe travels, Thank you, Timmy.
Speaker 9: All right, Dan, see it.
Speaker 2: That's Tim Kirkchin of the mothership.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Larry Fitzgerald in the on deck circle for the Pro Football Hall of Fame coming up this Saturday, seventeen seasons as the Cardinals wide receiver, eleven time Pro Bowler and second NFL receiving touchdown leader and part of the All Decade team First ballid Hall of Fame. Running down the list. Pretty good resume there, Larry. Congratulations on the honor. How long would it take for you to get ready? If you know, like we're waiting for Aaron Donald, how long would it take for you to get ready for this season?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think that ship is sos No, there's no coming back for me, you know. I you know, thinking about what Aaron's you know, he's one of those guys.
Speaker 5: He's a fitness freak though.
Speaker 10: You know, he's a big guy, and you know he just constantly stays in shape. That's kind of part of his rituals. So I think his bounce back will be a lot quicker. But to be out of the game for a few years and get back into that the trenches, the double teams and all of the things that he's got to deal with, you know's that's quite impressive.
Speaker 2: You think he's coming back. I think he's one of those.
Speaker 10: Guys who loves the game, and he's going back to a team who legitimately has a great chance to be able to win a championship with the dishon the Miles Garrett. You put those two and you know, Young and a couple of other guys in that defensive front, you know, they they present a formidable challenge for any offensive line and scheme that they would play against. And he obviously you know with Puka, Davonte Adams and you know Kurrn Williams, you know Kirwin and I mean they're loaded over there.
Speaker 2: What is it about pitt Guys? How did you end up at pitt Dan?
Speaker 10: It was actually a crazy story. Mobrins the coordinator guy Rest. His soul's name was Ed Cole. He was taking me in a couple of my teammates and unofficial visits. So we went to University Illinois, we went to Notre Day and we're Howe State and we were on our way to Penn State. It was a really really bad, uh you know, rainstorm or the turnpike, so actually shut the turnpike down based on visiting and so stay trooper shut it down. My coach said, hey, we can't get up there. We call Penn State let them know what happened. They said, can we can? We rescheduled for the following day. So we had a full day in Pittsburgh and Coach Cole said, hey, we're here in town, why don't we just go visit University of Pittsburgh. You know Dan Marinos, Tonya Dur said Curtis Martin. He started naming off all the great players, and I said, yeah, let's let's let's go by.
Speaker 5: Literally we go over, we meet Wildhare, Shady Brook, Hard, you know, all the coaching staff there.
Speaker 10: They had no idea who I was. We end up leaving the next day, we're driving the Pennchtate. They called my coach's cell phone. They offered me a scholarship, and it just kind of started from there.
Speaker 2: So if you don't have that rainstorm, you might not have ended up at Pitt.
Speaker 10: There's no chance I would have been there, because they didn't really they don't.
Speaker 5: They don't recruit Minnesota.
Speaker 10: That's not some place they actually go, and so there's zero zero percent chance I would have gone there.
Speaker 2: When did you know you were good?
Speaker 5: I would say when I was when I was young.
Speaker 10: I mean I was always better than everybody I played against, even at seven years old.
Speaker 5: But everybody used to always say, you're from Minnesota.
Speaker 10: You know you play you know you play three eight three a high school football.
Speaker 5: Your competition is horrible. And so I had that seate of doubt in.
Speaker 10: My mind a little bit that the competition was just that bad. And then I got to college and about week two I realized that I had what it to not only just be there, but actually be a good player. And if I continue to stay on that trajectory, I might have a chance.
Speaker 2: And of course, your dad was a longtime sports writer. You're up there in Minnesota covering the Vikings, you get to be a ball boy. You've talked about that experience many times, but the fact that Randy moss Is knocks on your door to tell you you're going into the Hall of Fame take us back to the first time you met Randy Moss.
Speaker 5: So my first memory of Randy is pretty vivid.
Speaker 10: I was a ball boy, and me and a couple of ball boys were actually in the gym at Mankato State and it was they could walk through the gym to head to the practice field, and we were in there playing basketball, shooting horse and Randy had to walk through out there.
Speaker 5: So they were getting ready to walk through, and it was his birthday.
Speaker 10: I think he held out of camp for you know, a day or two or so, I can't remember, but it was his first day. So it was a huge anticipation, and obviously, you know, we'd all followed this journey at Marshall and he wanted to see him. And I remember him like throws the ball and he hit like two three pointers from like about two feet behind the three point lines, and before he before he comes and the dunks it outside.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like, you know, the circle there, and.
Speaker 10: He dunks it and he walks out, and I'm like, oh my gosh, this.
Speaker 5: Is so unbelievable.
Speaker 10: I'm fourteen years old at the time and just so enamored and like, that was my first experience of Moss.
Speaker 2: What was your welcome to the NFL moment.
Speaker 10: Happened Week two we my rookie year. We played the New England Patriots, and I'll never forget. I was going to running across the route and William McGinnis like rearranged my whole face masses back when they used to really like collision you and he was dropping out in the coverage and I wasn't paying attention and he decapitated me. I got up and then my coach was like, you gotta be more physical, you gotta be more physical.
Speaker 5: So it's quarters.
Speaker 10: I come up and I hit Rodney here because as hard as I can drop them on the ground, and to look in his eyes, he's chasing me back to the huddle and I get back to the syl I'm like, coach, why did you have me do to this man? It is absolutely crazy? And he proceeded to chase me around the rest of the game. I could not wait till that game was over, and I realized, like, why the Patriots defense.
Speaker 5: You know, they had Teddy Bruski and Mike Brabel and.
Speaker 10: Ted Johnson, and I mean, like, these dudes were Vince will Fork. I mean these dudes were massive, physical, mean, aggressive.
Speaker 5: Angry men. And I learned that at twenty years old very quick.
Speaker 2: I could imagine Rodney Harrison was going to get you back, because Rodney Rodney got everybody. I remember he told me that he got fined or got suspended. He he had a shot on Jerry Rice across the middle. He said, I took him out. That's what you're supposed to do. Game's changed a little bit since that Larry.
Speaker 5: It has, it has.
Speaker 10: I think it's much better. Guys can play a lot longer, and you know, I think we need we needed to make the game a little bit safer. It's it's it's not as nearly as violent going across that middle. You know, the Steve at Waters and the Joey Browners and the Jack Tatums of the world, you know, would be very disappointed in a way we play game.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking to Larry Fitzgerald got the big speech coming up. How many times you practiced it?
Speaker 10: I practiced it a ton of times, actually working very closely with a former colleague of yours, Jerry Madaline, you know, helping me kind of get trying to get prepared for it, so, uh, you know, five or six times a day so to make sure I have it, have it down pad on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, are tears in the script?
Speaker 5: Tears are never in the script. You know, you know that, But you never know how you're going to respond.
Speaker 10: You know, you see family and friends and people who have really played a massive role in your life shitting in the front, and you know, I just don't know how I'm going to respond to to them, you know, if they're emotional, or one of my kids is emotional.
Speaker 5: You know, things you can't really practice that.
Speaker 2: And your son is going to induct you, Yes.
Speaker 10: Sir, my oldest son, Devin, He's going to come out and do it. I'm really really happy. I was going to originally have my father do it before he passed away a couple of months ago. But you know, to be able to have my son do it, it's it's a tremendous honor, and I'm so privileged to have that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be tough when you see your son out there and he starts talking about dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got my daughter's wedding coming up in two weeks and I got to give a speech and I'm already a mess. I practice it every single day, and I'm a mess when nobody is there listening to me. So I can't imagine what that's going.
Speaker 5: To be like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're gonna see your life in front of you with all teammates, former teammates and people from college and high school, and you'll probably be a mess. And that's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely will be. Dan.
Speaker 10: Let me ask you this, Are you going to be crying because of the speech and emotions or are you going to be thinking about how much it costs you for your daughter's wedding?
Speaker 5: What will be Well?
Speaker 2: I already cried. I already cried about that. Yeah. Yeah, as I told people, it takes a village to put on a wedding. It takes a bank account as well to put on on a wedding. But yeah, I'm I'm going to be a mess, and I don't know how to prevent myself from crying. Has anybody told you if you do this, you might not cry, or this is the best thing to do to not be too emotional.
Speaker 10: No, I think that it will draw emotions. And people told me it's going to be one of the most emotional things you've ever done. You know you have, You've been planned for thirty years and you know this is the culmination of that, the greatest honor you could ever have, and so it should it should be emotional.
Speaker 5: It shouldn't mean something to you.
Speaker 10: But I think the more you practice and the more you're prepared, you know, when you do have those emotions, you can be able to work through it and get back to the messages you're trying to deliver.
Speaker 2: And acknowledging your father as well.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Yeah, Pops played a big role.
Speaker 10: Just none of it would even be possible it wasn't for his sacrifices. You know, he put me in these positions around people that I could learn from and have some wonderful mentors, and so you know, his presence and and his just breadth of knowledge and fingerprints are all over my life.
Speaker 2: Uh, go back to the Randy Moss loaning you as car when you went to prom What what kind of car was it that Randy Moss lent you?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 10: It was a lou seven forty five l I I still remember like it was yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was. It was immaculine shape.
Speaker 10: And you know, once a small detail I left out when I asked him about it was, you know, I didn't I didn't know. I didn't tell him that I didn't have my driver's license yet, and so, you know, and I.
Speaker 5: Don't know how. I don't know how your dad was.
Speaker 10: But my dad when he was home, because he was always traveling covering the twins in the summertime, he was in Kansas City or Detroit or Cleveland or Chicago company to White Sox. So when he got home, he really didn't want to he was trying to be home, and so he would have throw me the keys to the Pontiac and I would just get to drive up to the park and go practice and work out. And so he would always just tell me to take the backstreet, so I felt like I could drive. I never went on the freeway or anything like that to the side street, so I felt like I was pretty I was pretty solid with the car. But I never really had anybody else in the car with me, you know, so it was a it was a memory. I got it back to him, no issues. I didn't I didn't tell my dates, Mom and dadd either.
Speaker 5: I didn't have a license ed. We kept all those things to ourselves.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Can you can you thank your hands during your Hall of Fame speech for me? Just a little comic relief up there?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think was it Freddie Mitchell who thanked his hands? Remember the Eagles wide receiver? I think you thanked his hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're not. You're not somebody who is.
Speaker 10: That's not really much. That's not really much, jam And uh, you know, I feel like I did. I did have good hands, but I worked at it.
Speaker 5: You know. It was thousands and thousands of.
Speaker 10: Hours of you know, catching catching balls consistently to try to get them to where they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see, you didn't fall in line with the diva wide receivers that.
Speaker 5: I was just as big.
Speaker 10: I was just as big of a diva as everyone else. But I never I never did it in public. You know, I'd always keep it to myself or you know, if I had a question about targets things that maketure I would do it in a way where you know, it wasn't showing up anybody or didn't put me in a position where I would, you know, seem to be more more worried about my own personal you know, ask and accomplishments than it was for my team. And so you know, I wanted it just as bad as anybody else did, but I knew there was a way to do it, in a way not to do it, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Congrats, been fun watching and uh, you know this is uh, this is your moment. You've earned it, first Balance Hall of Famer. Good luck this weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Thank you great seeing you out of Tahoe. And congratulations to you and your family on your daughter's wedding. And I hope you have an amazing time. Thank you, Larry all Right, they have a great day.