Speaker 1: Wind Down with Jane Kramer, an Imheart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hi, hey youy you you're remote live from the field, Jana Kramer.
Speaker 3: We miss you on.
Speaker 2: The count last time, remote, ladies. Yes, it's a I'm ready to come home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one feels like a long one.
Speaker 3: This one has been a long one.
Speaker 2: And I think you know what's hardcat is because I think back, so the one in January was you know, it was just a ten day shoot, right, and then the other one was like a week you know, so I haven't really had the one where I lead the film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since you haven't had the three week or in a while in a while, but.
Speaker 2: This was really like three and a half, yeah, because I had to come up to go do the Keenlin come Back. So it's it's been more, it's been longer, and it's I feel like it should not have been a sixteen days shoot, like they should have maybe made it a little bit longer, given you know, some of the circumstances and stuff and the the things out of control like horses. Right, so the horse isn't going to hit its mark the first time quite possibly any of the times, you know, so.
Speaker 1: Well that would be so frustrating.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what was like the craziest piece of it is like these aren't really picture horses. These are race horses that have raced in races, like legitimate races.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you want me to get on that thing and and gallup like that?
Speaker 1: To do that?
Speaker 3: Catherine?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait tell us you wouldn't do that when we were because.
Speaker 2: I was pregnant, uh with Roman on the on the horse movie The Last Horse.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, that one I would met when we were at the your wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh I wouldn't let go of us. Those horses I would love to gallop on. Oh I thought you couldn't want to get on them. Oh no, because they were neutered, because I was like, what if I fall off and I break my ankle?
Speaker 1: That's where you was okay anyway, but you did ride the horse.
Speaker 2: I did, but like they held onto it, which I was like, why are they helding onto these walking horses?
Speaker 3: But you know that's fine walking horse.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it was. You were the one that was sweet Jack. He was like the low rider.
Speaker 3: He was the shrimp horse, and I was like that guy's my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, So anyway, so you've been on horses, galloping on racing horses.
Speaker 2: But it was one of those things where it's like they're like, all right, get up on the horse, no goat. I'm like, I've I've been on this horse for ten minutes. I haven't got like this is and this isn't like a movie horse that is trained to just be chill. And I mean even so it's a horse, you know, like and uh it, let's just say I have an amazing horse double She's wonderful. She's a real life jockey and she was great because I think they also realized that this was a very Again, these are not picture horses. These are race horses, and I didn't have the time to actually train on this English saddle. And like, I know Western quite well, and I also know, you know, a horse that is neutered and a lot chiller than these race horses.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's terrifying. Jam of the jockey.
Speaker 2: So we did a lot of walking scenes and then it was basically oh and then we do this one where it's it's called like a Poorman's or something where I'm on a truck. So to get the feel of like the hair blowing. And so I'm on the back of a truck and I'm sitting on this apple box, which is like a that's what we call them, said, I don't know if that's actually what it's called, but it's just a box. And I'm sitting out in the back and Haley's like, all right, now ride and I'm like, in the back of a car's lean forward. I'm like, this looks like a really bad porn video, like the back of a thick.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna not be able to think about that now. And I watch this movie, They're like, ride it.
Speaker 3: What scene is?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Yes, that is?
Speaker 2: That is a movie magic, but it's which interesting is They were also saying, how that is how Toby maguire filmed. Uh, he was on a barrel for what movie was that? The horse was Seabiscuit. Oh, same thing he was. It was a barrel. And then you know they have the race horses or the actual body doubles do right, the full one that seems safer. And here's the thing too, And I was I was telling Haley this because I'm I'm all about being a team player and getting the shot and doing it. But there was a point where it is everyone is rushing and we are losing daylight, and we needed to get this scene because we were we were getting off of this farm and the horses are getting spooked because everyone's like, all right, come on. It's like, you can't yell around horses. You cannot have that that kind of energy because they sense. That's why they're you know, equine therapy for a reason, because they're very they help calm you down. And and these horses are spooked and they're like hard, get on, and I'm like, I'm freaking, this is, this is and then you're gonna let them. You're not letting go of this horse, like because even Gina was like, this is the horse is spooked and it might shot out, and I was like if if it shots out, I'm I'm breaking my back because I'm jumping off these things.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: But anyways, okay, but yeah, we got we got the ride. I mean, we got the we got the shots, and now we're on the nighttime scenes and so yeah, two more days and then I'm home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I miss you. I miss you. Guys. So excited anything going on, y'all's world, world world.
Speaker 1: Not really, It's like end of school, just trying to every.
Speaker 3: Day is a theme.
Speaker 2: Every day's a special snack, every day, hot day for Jason. Oh, we had that yesterday silly hat day, and I was like, you know what's silly?
Speaker 3: Let me gime in.
Speaker 1: We don't really do those so well. I mean, like the school does, but my kids just are never really interested. Thankfully.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Love wasn't into it. I'm like, thank god. I was like, you're sure you don't want a silly hat? I'm willing to participate. She's like, Mom, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, when they've hit that, it's like nice, Yeah, I don't have to worry about it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Meanwhile, Legend's like it's camping day and I was like, okay, Bunny, okay, yeah, oh yeah, we have a flash light and blanket day tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 3: Should we have a flashlight? But Mom's of Amazon.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay, Well gosh, guys, I mean the updates, I just don't have any. Well, mine might be an update, plus wine about it, so I'm holding it.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm like, isn't updates become what it sticks in our mind because we want to whine about it?
Speaker 2: Well, for those that really want to know, I still have not started my period. I am on like day, I don't know, eighteen whatever I can, let me, let me go to my flow app right now. So flow says what does what does flow say? And it goes another pregnancy incoming? No, I'm seventeen days late.
Speaker 3: So that's fun.
Speaker 1: So are we?
Speaker 2: I texted Nate and I said, hey, hey, buddy, so should I be concerned?
Speaker 3: Am I in full on menopause? You know?
Speaker 2: Someone did text me that the poll ups are could be an issue and you've had like fibroid stuff before.
Speaker 3: Are we nervous about that?
Speaker 2: Well? What he had said, and it sounds very technical and very it always does, you know. I said, hey, buddy, I took a pregnancy test on the podcast It's negative live And he basically said that sometimes with testosterone, because I take testosterone, it can stop your period. And he goes, and then so I texted him yesterday. I was like, hey, still you know, no period? Kind of freeing out a bit, have some stomach cramps and he said, I said, should I take my testosterone? Because I'm also getting tired from not doing the testosterone, And so he's like, do the testosterone. He's like, but when you get back, we're going to get you some progesterone. And progesterone and estradal is what I'm going to use to kickstart your period again. But I'm like, it's so to me, I'm like, but why isn't it coming? And is this you know right? It just kickstart me feels like the equivalent of being on a racehorse without guidance. Yeah, I'm not trying to do for this whole moment, I'm just like, I know and if.
Speaker 1: I mean, could it just be perimenopausal stuff?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Like maybe, because I mean, like, why did I have it for twelve days the last time? I've never had a period that long. But then I start to, you know me, kat I start to go something else really wrong, like is there something?
Speaker 1: But I'm forty one.
Speaker 2: I have to remember that this is this is it now and women start to have your regular periods.
Speaker 1: It kind of starts to get a regular for a lot of people. So to me, that would be besides my first thought of you being pregnant would be probably just some peri minimals been a pause of stuff. Everyone kind of starts doing that around this time, and then it you know, takes a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your sleep schedules off too. It's like your body doesn't know what is night and day. I mean, there's so many things that can go into this.
Speaker 1: The testosterone would make sense so too, because you had just started taking it again. Yeah I did, so that would definitely make sense.
Speaker 3: So tbd.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's my only thing, and I'm ready to come home. So let's jump into wine about it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Go girl. Okay, I have a theory and I just need to know if it's true or not. So I'm nervous that I'm doomed in my marriage.
Speaker 1: Shall me start there? No?
Speaker 2: Wait, so I can't have You're nervous you're doomed in your marriage? I mean only and then they're going to grab that for sure. I think that I didn't mean it. It's like, can there be So I would say, I'm an outgoing person, but I recharge so much on my own. So that's like introverted, right, And so we all know that I'm not a huge fan of like hosting people like, well, certain people I am, some certain people I'm not. But like I don't wake up in the morning and go oh, who can we have over tonight? You've never once invited us over, so we'll just start there. I used to when it was Mike times. I actually thought about this. This is part of my discussion.
Speaker 3: I've never I never went to your house with m I k E.
Speaker 1: We're spelling though, make a mouse. Sorry, keep going.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I thought about this.
Speaker 2: Because I was like, I haven't like once people are like, oh no, you know, like it's easier to do it here whatever. You were always the more scheduled mom, so for sure, so I would always just like we would be that's true, and I'm always like I like to be I like to entertain a host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like to do it at your house.
Speaker 2: So that's my question and not a whine about it, but kind of it's like, so I don't wake up in the morning and go I cannot wait to have people over tonight. I don't dream. I feel like I know that it just makes me sound so bitchy. I'm not closed off at all. And when I have had people over, I like love it and it's great and.
Speaker 3: Then I'm like ready for them to go home.
Speaker 2: But I married someone that lives on a bus with twelve dudes. So he's never alone. When he's in a truck by himself, he is taking conference calls like he's silence is not something that's like comforting to him. And so he's home for five days, which is unheard of. And this is the five days before we see him December sixteenth, essentially, because it's like summer is crazy, you know, and we get five sleeps with him, and he's like, I think she had my parents come. I don't know, I know, and I want I also want to recognize that he doesn't get to see his people often either, you know, like of course he misses them. He's seen them a little bit more than I have because he's done shows in Indiana whatever. And so I'm trying to be I really wish we had like footage of this, because he keeps going, you know, should we have them? And I'm like, if that is what you want to do, and I just keep saying sentences like that, so therapeutic of you, well, because I'm like, I don't want to be dishonest and say, oh, I'd love to have them here, because that doesn't excite me for the you know, for forty eight of the five days that we get you I don't want them here for forty eight hours. So then I had this moment where I'm like, our couples that both don't love that doomed because there's always push pull and is there one like are you like, I know you love to have people of a Kramer, but does Alan.
Speaker 3: Or is he just good?
Speaker 2: If yeah, he does like I mean he does like him, but I and I will say this like if I'm honest, like I'm actually bummed about the state of and I'm not like, please don't take any of this book to both of y'all. Personally, I understand lives are like no, no, no, I understand lives are super crazy. I get sad when I see like my hometown, my hometown girlfriends and their hut. Everyone hangs out a lot together and they've got and it's like I don't really like, yeah, I see you guys, but I'm like, and I'm like, hey, can we do this together?
Speaker 3: Can we do that?
Speaker 2: And then you'll vite you guys over for and again I know you guys, Catherine, You've got ages of all different types. You know, Kristen, you've got a husband that you don't really see a lot. And so the rejection of like hanging out has been high, and it feels like I want and I would love to go elsewhere. I understand too, Like I was in a phase where my own comfort of wanting to be in my house, but I'm like, I would love to go to someone else's house and be invited to someone else or have them want us to all hang out because I miss the like friendship of hanging out with couples and kids and I don't have that and it feels sad to me.
Speaker 3: So is it our season though? Because that was kind of So this is where I've been.
Speaker 2: I'm actually glad I brought this up because this is where I've been for like probably the last like I would say the last month or so.
Speaker 3: Remember I text you, I was like, I've been in a weird place anyways. Well yeah, because the East.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, you know, and I get it, but I but yes, but I just want to be in to get him home. I know, I know, I know, yeah, I know, And I think that's part of it too, is like I'm protective of our time with him because our kids are so sensitive to not seeing him. Sure, but he like loves it, Like if I was like, you know, Russell's are coming over. He'd be like, oh, this is great, what is coming over great? Like he wants everybody all the time. Yeah, I think Also, so this is where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Is it part of it?
Speaker 2: I think I'm being honest. I'm making excuses for myself because I had to check myself. Part of my Part of it is that we have these babies that like if I have people over and we've done this, We've had like friends of the kids came over their parents and like, I'm just chasing a baby until like seven thirty, and then I have to dip out for like thirty to forty five minutes and do bath time and bedtime. And then by the time I come back down, I've missed like an hour of conversation and I'm plugging back in. But now it's like eight eight thirty, I'm tired, you know, like I can't So is it our ages maybe of just the kids, right, because also like I don't want her up past seven thirty if I can help it for my own sanity, But I'm not afraid to like bust the schedule sometimes if it's helpful and we're out and we're hanging out with people, but like, man, I just feel like I'm like, where is it that I'm impossible? Like that's where I've been because it's everything is so much effort right now that if I'm extra hosting, which y'all honestly, you guys could come to my house and I wouldn't feel like I have to clean or do anything. I feel like, you're just so cozy. I would be so happy to have you. And I really mean that, like it doesn't stress me out. But I think we know that you want your time with Preston, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, like and if I'm by myself, I'm like, let's just get these kids in bed so I can Yeah, Catherine, I know you gotta.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a lot of things to say on that. I think I've gone through two phases of it. I went through that phase when the kids were younger, Like my babies were on a schedule. They were screaming if they weren't in bed at that time, So it was not worth it. It was not being at someone It was not worth being at someone else's house with my kids screaming, trying to make a conversation at.
Speaker 2: Show thirty because we don't even get quality conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I went through that phase where we didn't do a whole lot because of that, and then I got a lot better, I think through I mean, I'm a homebody. Everyone knows that. Like I'm a homebody. I could be at home every night of my life and be a happy person like I'm just a homebody. But I definitely got a lot better and really started to enjoy doing all these things as the kids kind of got to an older age and they could, you know, have pool parties and do all that with the kids. But now I'm at a phase of my life where my sixteen year old is doing whatever. My thirteen year old doesn't want to go. Let's just be real, because there's no one for her to hang out with mostly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, or she becomes like a babysitter, and that's not what she wants to do right exactly.
Speaker 1: She'd rather be with her friends. But then the problem is is then she needs a ride everywhere because she never has a ride anywhere because her friends don't take her anywhere. And so now I'm back in a phase where it just seems so impossible to do again, but this time it does make me sad, like I do feel more sad about it at the same time, like I wish it was different. Well, not that I wish that it was different. I love this phase, but also I do wish there was more time to be able to do that. And then I've realized too, like us coming over as a family just right now will mean that my teenagers aren't there, and that's okay. My teenagers don't have to come, or they can come every now and then. But like we, I think the last thing we did at your house, you know, I think Kayden his girlfriend ended up just coming over there, you know, and I was just like, you know what, we're all going to go tonight. I know you want to see her. If she would like to, then she can come over here, you know. So I think there's ways to do it, and I think that we all need to be more intentional with it. Now. Look, I'm probably not inviting all to my house. I don't like to host.
Speaker 3: I've never also been over there either. Besides the bird you have.
Speaker 1: You have been over there.
Speaker 3: So when if we've ever done a date night over there, that hasn't been.
Speaker 1: We don't do we haven't done like a date well, I know, but.
Speaker 3: We definitely say and like, yeah, you know what I mean, but.
Speaker 1: I don't like to host. Yeah, And a lot of that did definitely start with you like to have it at your house. I do, sure love Yeah, yeah you do.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if it's because I was just wanting to just not have to drive anywhere, like there's a pet, you know.
Speaker 1: But also, and that's where everyone's so different. Like even though I'm a homebody, I think it's like if I'm home, I want to be like home by myself. But if I'm going, like fine, I'll drive, that's great, like let's go, and like I'm out and I'm you know, I'm in that mindset. If I'm at home, I'm not. But also I stress about cleaning to make it perfect for anyone, the closest of people. Well, it does not matter. I'll stress about doing that. I'll stress about is it you know my house is falling apart, I need to get a new couch. I needed to, you know, like whatever it is. That kind of stuff will flood my brain to where I'm just like I want to cancel.
Speaker 2: So this is the hometown feeling that I've been missing, which is like come in the mess.
Speaker 3: Well that's exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like I see my girlfriends all the time together and I'm like, yeah, doing pool parties, and I'm like, there was a piece of me that was like, God, I want to move. This is a thing to say because it's not a buggets kuse. I was like, I want to move back to Michigan to have that like like where everyone's hanging out. And I'm like, but then I thought to myself if I moved there, would it actually would that actually happen? I don't know, you know, in seasons, But I was like, I wish we could find some kind of because we just don't have.
Speaker 3: That yeah bums.
Speaker 1: I mean and I know for me too, like it's not an insecurity, but I'm like, I don't have a pool at my house and I don't have anything fun at my house. I'm like, I mean we can play games, like come over and play games, you know, and and I should do more of that probably, but like, and I think that's where we kind of got in it with you too, because it was like, oh, we'll just go to Jani's house. She's got the pool, she's got the fun stuff.
Speaker 3: But I love it too, though, to have like the place that I go to, and I.
Speaker 4: Think for us for a good solution to all of this kid's party in two weeks, right.
Speaker 1: But I think it's yeah, no, But seriously, it's recognizing that, like, Okay, I am a homebody. I don't love to host. I would love. It's not that I don't want you in my home. It's not that like that's fine, but like I would rather go to your house. If I'm just being completely honest, I would rather go to Cramer's. I mean, I've never been to your home at all, but that's okay, weird haven't been to mine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because how she was posed to me by a mutual friend and they're like, oh, you know because Nick and Kat's house is so cute or something, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Who who was that that's been to my house?
Speaker 2: Isn't that funny that people are listening probably will go what I know?
Speaker 1: And that funny? It's why?
Speaker 2: But then, and that's what's crazy, because we've also been to like a million cities together and we have you know.
Speaker 1: There's another aspect of this to where this doesn't really have to do with you, but it kind of does. When we were all doing cards. We were all over the world, and at the beginning, I offered my house several times, but I was the furthest away and no one took me up on it.
Speaker 3: Well, and at home, everyone was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, well, maybe we'll go to Jana's because it's so Then I was like, totally, it makes sense, it's closer. So I never offered again.
Speaker 2: Well here is not like for sure, Yeah, like logistically we're not as close as like the home people like at home, everyone lives within ten minutes of each other, Like I'm a solid thirty.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's what people have to understand. We're not me and you were definitely not close to each other.
Speaker 2: Jana is because I see her backyard.
Speaker 3: Exactly if she ever moves.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like right when I came up, do I got to find new friends that have no you know.
Speaker 4: We're going to have a solution because because I need you. Yeah no, no, no, I like you friends replacing you. But I'm yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Don't cave up on me, is what I'm saying. Don't live up.
Speaker 2: So that's where I got with this, because even Pamela and I like had this exchange where she was like, I just feel like I haven't seen you, and she was going to be in an event that I was going to be.
Speaker 3: I didn't end up going the same Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The book I oh you said what she did the cookbook one?
Speaker 3: And I said the cook.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, I just got uncomfortable fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so she.
Speaker 2: Did, I do not get invited to the other one. I don't know what the other one is, so we'll go No.
Speaker 3: I wasn't either, so us three were excluded.
Speaker 1: We'll go back to that off okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was like, you know, hey, I was like, are you going to be there? I will be excited because I just also was like, who's going to be there? I don't know who's invited. That's always and I'm kind of like outskirt invited.
Speaker 1: So I did know that she invited our whole group though, said something to me.
Speaker 3: Which one cook the cookok Kara Clark.
Speaker 1: Yes, she told me she really wanted our group blah blah blah blah blah, and then not everyone good her book.
Speaker 2: But yes, So then Pamelin was like, I just kind of like miss you. She was, well, she didn't say kind of, She's like I miss you. I feel like I've kind of like been like tucked away and I've been going after my goals. And I was like, and so I just wrote, I sent her a voice note back and I said, I just want you to know I like I can speak for me at least, like I feel the same way. We're all grinding, we're all hustling. We're all friends that are entrepreneurs, which is like we're all building businesses and trying to take shows and movies and podcasts and like just trying to freaking build something for our families. And like, I love one thing I can say the good of this, because I started to get sad too. I was like I just miss like hanging out and how easy it is. And after Scotland especially, like we all just like, oh we're so cozy and we got to live together, and I was like, this is really fun, Like we should Melrose place this lifestyle and like, let's all do this. You know. I wish that interest rates weren't so high because I would think about moving closer. But like I told Pam, I was like, I the one thing that I love about this is I don't feel like we're less friends because I'm not seeing you, you know, and like hugging your neck, I feel like voice memoing kind of makes me feel connected.
Speaker 1: But like, well, I have to remember for my I have to remind myself that, especially Jana, I think about this a lot actually, that that is one of your love languages. Like I know that. I know that when I can't come over or whatever that is, it is hard on you and it's hurtful. And I try to remember that and then I miss it too, Like I absolutely miss it too, you guys.
Speaker 2: I'm only crying because I'm really tired, so I kind of actually wanted to cry this whole time, but I've been trying to lock it up because.
Speaker 1: It's sad, because we are it is. It is like even being the homebody that I am, like, I'm still sad about it. I don't want anyone to think that I don't think about it, that I'm not sad about it, even though there may be those moments that I'm in a place where I'm like, I just can't do it tonight. I can't. I gotta be home. I got it, you know. And that's a lot of coping stuff too, you know, as we go through all of this, but it's so interesting you bring this up because I've been thinking about it a lot lately. And it's summer. We're gonna have more time, We're gonna have pool parties at Jana's house. We're not gonna be upset then yours and you're not a house.
Speaker 2: And I have a baby that's about to turn too, so like it's cheesy, yes, like that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Is like I've been so.
Speaker 1: Tacket one down.
Speaker 2: Well just hard.
Speaker 5: It's like I don't want to be like not inviting people over, but you Cris, I'm so frecking tired. It's like I don't see my husband. I have help most days, but like only until like four or five, and so I'm doing every bedtime, every dinner, like you know, and so like of course I want people around, Like I'll be honest, like I love my neighborhood because I can just walk and it's like impromptu play dates in a driveway or whatever. But then I get back home and I'm like, gosh, that was so good for my soul to like plug it into a community. But the thought of like packing everyone up and driving thirty and then it's really fun with a two year old until it's not. And then you're driving home and I'm usually by myself, and then I've got three tired kids trying to do bedtimes and everything's late, and it's like I don't want that to be the reason I don't see people. And then I'm like I don't want people to also think I just don't want to have people over. Like there is a family that we hang out with like more often because they're in a different stage of life and they come over and that's great, but it's like not you guys, you know, like it's just not the ease of what we have, Like I can I don't have to be cute, I don't have to be buttoned up. I don't have to pretend like everything is great. That's like the core friendship. I just I don't know, I just feel like we're all in the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think for myself that, like I keep reminding myself when I think about it, like it takes intentionality, it takes making it happen, And I think I am speaking for myself. I can get very lazy about that. I can want to send that text and say, hey, what are the dates, let's do this whatever, But then when people don't respond or don't pick a date, then it's like okay and just kind.
Speaker 3: Of let it like our youugre group the last few because it's like yeah.
Speaker 1: And actually stay on Yeah, And that's usually how a lot of things happen, honestly, when I'm you know, like, okay, let's do it. Let's do it. Let's do it, so let's be better about it because I think that, Hey, I'm excited for summer. I think summer is going to be it's going to be busy, but it's also going to be easier. It gets easier in the summer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just like having that, like you said, intentionality behind it, because I was just talking with Alan about that too, where it's like we need to be more intentional about date nights and having it and having that connection because when we actually go when we finally went on that one a couple of weeks ago, it was how much we were so much more connected. And obviously we're connected as friends and stuff, but there's something to be said to have that fun and that connection time with everybody, and Chris and I get it. On Mother's Day, we went to a farm and I mean, there was other couples there at this farm, and I didn't I said maybe two words.
Speaker 3: Because I'm chasing.
Speaker 2: He's of everywhere, you know, I'm chasing from one side to the other side of the farm, like having him to not kill himself, you know, and picking up all this random stuff. So I get I get it, But yes, yate to pool parties.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're really in it right now. Like I wouldn't go to anyone else's house with that age. It's because then you're worried about that. That was the hardest because I'm not literally chasing after him and someone else's home making sure they don't kill themselves or break something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, but this is this is also the fun.
Speaker 2: This is actually where you and I became best friends in the Jolie and love being so tiny at the same time. So I was like, I can bring Lyon girl to you more easily because your house is.
Speaker 1: Babyproof, maybe not mine. Mine is dog proof.
Speaker 2: There's a headline Jamie Lee Curtis reveals movie set remark that made her get plastic surgery at twenty five. I regretted it immediately. She shares the painful reason she first decided to get plastic surgery. So the Oscar winner at sixty six, I had a new interview that she had plastic surgery at the age of twenty five after receiving criticism criticizing comments about her appearance from a cinematographer on the set of the nineteen eighty five film Perfect. He was like, yeah, I'm not shooting her today. Her eyes are baggie And I was twenty five, so for him to say that, it was very embarrassing, Curtis said on sixty Minutes Soon. So as soon as the movie finished, I ended up having some plastic surgery. To be told that at twenty fo oh, I mean yeah, has anyone ever made a comment that stuck with you? I know Catherine knows mine because this is around that I was twenty years old and I was a Red Bull was at twenty or nineteen. I think it was nineteen, and I was working for Red Bull. I would be doing private parties in Los Angeles. So I would come to the private party and I'd bring the Red Bull, which I never drank because I didn't drink caffeine, but yay go red Bull. Here have a drink, and I'd pour it in with like the vodka.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: However, they made the drinks and it was at a plastic surgeon's house and he was like I asked him. I was like, all right, so if there's one thing that like I would that you would do to me, Like, what would it be? Like, stupid girl? And he goes, oh, your nose, hands down. And ever since then, I have wanted I've always been I never one time was insecure about my nose until that plastic surgeon told me that I needed to get a nose job. I haven't, obviously, but I'm always Catherine nose. Any picture, I'm like, no, my nose looks bad in that? Oh no, I don't. Can they make my nose with photos? If anyone I've ever worked with it?
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's fine except for if she thinks her nose doesn't look good.
Speaker 3: She's also stunning all the time, which.
Speaker 1: Drives me crazy because I'm like, I can't pick these photos for you because I don't see the issue. I see nothing wrong with your nose. I genuinely can't decide when you think your nose looks bad or not because I don't see it.
Speaker 3: I've wanted a nose job my entire life. So we all know that.
Speaker 2: If anyone ever made a comment to you about it, Yes, when I worked with kindergarteners, kindergarteners, would the principle say something to you. No, the kindergarteners, they're so honest, Yeah, they were all and I was younger, So like, imagine, now we've got another like twenty plus years of growth on this schnas. I'm like, who even knows what how big they would think it is? Now I've always wanted it just a little center right here?
Speaker 3: Actually do it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, it's like a it's a high probability.
Speaker 3: For me really still to this day. Yep, oh yeah, more so because again I don't notice that I just sautiful.
Speaker 1: You really, I truly don't.
Speaker 2: For me, it's the width. It was just a tiny bit normal. But then I struggle, much like it's like you struggle, like we didn't when we talked about the boobs, because it's like, this is the way God made me.
Speaker 3: I look like.
Speaker 2: I think part of it is I look like my dad so much. And I don't mean it's like bad, it's just like I don't look like a dude either, you know, So that's tricky for.
Speaker 1: Me, you would do well. I had a teacher tell me I was flat, which I was in high school. Excuse me, Yeah, it was a woman tea. She just huh, she's that kind of like yeah, And I already wanted a boob job but didn't get it. And then that just made me think, this doesn't have to do with plastic surgery. But remember when I was like my heaviest and we were at your house at a pool party and Jolie was like, you got a baby in there. I was like, it's time to lose weight. And I literally looked at her and I go, oh, honey. I was like, there's not but like it looks like it, like totally like cause you were like, I'm so sorry, and I'm like, no, I've gained weight. I'm in a swimsuit. It looks like that. I have a.
Speaker 2: Discussion with her to be like, we don't talk to people about and it's just the innocence of a child, but it is so But anyway, but I was.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, it helped me go, you know what, I probably should lose some weight, but I haven't done Yeah, I haven't done plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: I think if I did it, I would regrets it, but it sounds like, yeah, Kristen, you I would not regret it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like really would be excited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually I also I'm trying to think of I used to get Oh. I almost just want to say his full name, just because he was such a little but in elementary school, I had one that used to call me Carpenter's dream flat as a board. Yeah, Bobby, I won't say his last name, but he also he took a binder.
Speaker 1: Oh, the old binder thing as a board, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, Bobby. I hope Bobby is a better man today. I hope Dan is too.
Speaker 3: For that matter.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, hey guys, have you guys been following the Eric and Lyell Menendez resentencing?
Speaker 3: No, not really, you haven't. Did you guys watch Monster?
Speaker 1: I started it and could not finish it why, I just I don't know. The documentary thing is hard for me. Like I love thrillers and I love all that, but like that one just was I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did you watch the documentary?
Speaker 1: I started it, didn't finish it, Okay.
Speaker 2: But then so there's a documentary, then there's the Monster one that Oh.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, I actually think I started both of them.
Speaker 2: And didn't kind of eather up them because I think too they portrayed certain things in differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, yeah, I had heard that.
Speaker 2: What do you think about them potentially getting parole for them?
Speaker 1: So that's where we're at as they make it parole, right.
Speaker 2: It's the judge re sentences saying that they making the brother brothers eligible for parole and possible freedom. Now when that is who knows. But you know, Lyle's fifty seven, Eric's fifty four, they've served I mean, I don't know most of our lives. Yeah, because it was around the time of the O. J. Simpson, which is why they're saying, you know, is it with their thirty five years, but you know for the slaying of their of their mom and dad, saying that they they've been there since nineteen ninety six. So but they said that there was sexual assaults and some there's you know, there was evidence in some saying maybe they were just trying to use that to get out, you know, to get out of the case. So I'm just curious, do you think they served enough time or is it something where they should stay in.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing, how many people are in jail for committing heinous crimes like that that were probably sexually assaulted or treated some way when they were a child, that yes, probably caused this to happen. But if we went and let everybody out that does these terrible things because terrible things were done to them, you don't stop what is still can happen. So I struggle with that a lot because I have empathy or yeah, I have empathy for that and that that was done to them, But also, can you let them out if they're if they're able to commit a crime like that. I don't know, I don't I just I bet you the numbers are staggering. If people who have been sexually assaulted, who are in jail from killing people, m hmm, I would agree some sort of like sort of abuse. I'm sure it is literally staggering. So and then if I start letting everyone out, but.
Speaker 2: My fear would be who would then use that as a scapegoat to then kill someone They don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, like they you know so often I can't imagine. It's very slow. Yeah, it's interesting and it's sad, and it breaks my heart. You know that so many of these people have gone through that and it's caused them to get to this place.
Speaker 3: But you did commit the act of still.
Speaker 1: Committed the crime, so you I don't know, you gotta do the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they also have to just live with themselves so much. It's tricky too, because like.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I want to say this, because I just feel like it just opens the gates. But it's like, you know, it's Christians, right, there's redemption and there's forgiveness and there's all of these things. So it's like not that there's ever excuse to take someone's life ever. But then you also have these young boys that if that is what was happening to them their entire life, to want to do that enough to have the freedom, whether that meant that you went to jail and that still was freedom is such a dark place that I can't even fathom. Yeah, for sure, how you process or how you can even I mean, that doesn't I don't know. I feel like everything is like tricky to say. We talk so much like we're just friends and so, and then I forget there's gonna be a million opinions, but it is, you know, if you believe in that, and there has been so many success stories of people that have been in prison and have like reformed, yeah, and and have served time and so don't they allow like don't we always preach or not always preach, but second chances and change and what maybe God is doing and for them.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, tricky, that's that's a hard one, ladies.
Speaker 2: I know we were running out of time, right, kit Kat, you gotta go, So I say we save our listener advice and we add two onto next week because they are this one is a juicy one, and uh we had another one that will add on to it. So, ladies, next week I'll be on the.
Speaker 1: Couch with you, yay.
Speaker 3: And next week we're gonna party.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sending a text one of them really bad at guards can't do that, Okay, everyone's I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye, and everybody gets quiet again and nobody.
Speaker 2: That's Sarah Brice Like She'll be like, we should go to New York and I'm like, okay, great, how about these days?
Speaker 3: Well I really can't. Oh yeah, she has a good she has the want.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 1: Let's go on a trip that me and you were the only one I ever truly Yeah the trip
Speaker 3: All right, I got a love,