Speaker 1: Just real quick about the Nets, Like I think there's gonna be books written about the Nets, Like, for sure, I think maybe you write.
Speaker 2: A book about the Nets.
Speaker 1: Do you think like there was any other way? Would you say? So?
Speaker 2: It'd be an interesting endeavor, right?
Speaker 1: I do think there was any other way out of this situation, like a series of unfortunate events around injuries and like a weird pandemic happening once in a lifetime.
Speaker 2: So yes, But also like that's what happens in every big stakes environment in this league, and it's why people are looking at the Kyrie Luka Dontrich pairing as like a potentially combustible situation, right, I mean you do you trade for the superstars every time in this league? That's just kind of them around front offices because worst case scenario, typically you can be where Brooklyn is right now, where they are at a hell of a better starting point in this moment than they were in twenty sixteen when their asset Copverard was dry and you know they screwed the pooch with the KG Paul Pierce, you know, deal because those guys were well past their prime and whatever, Like if you do it with guys who are ready to play right now and at the peak of their powers, like Brooklyn did. If it doesn't work out, you'll be able to get a pretty good return back. That being said, like when you do mortgage young players and first round picks in the moment, it's hard to continue to add anslar pieces. The Bucks just had to send out five second round picks to add Jake Crowder to this team. And when as the Lakers have seen, especially like when your roster is so top heavy with salary and so much of the success is dependent on just a couple of guys and a couple of guys getting along an environment that is pretty self centered and ego driven and a competitive, you know, small sphere where your contract and your riches and your fame are all dependent on how could you perform on TV in front of millions of people every night. That's a conflicting idea to the essence of basketball, where you share it amongst your teammates to try to be a collective other. So there's just a natural situation where these tensions and these pressures can can blow up, And I think it gets so much easier for things to fail when the stakes are that high and there's such a pressure cooker and you are in an environment where you put the onus on yourself to be championship or bus so, whether it's you know the Celtics Big three KG and Paul Pierce that we just talked about, you know, Ray Allen left and there was an emotions there and he goes to the heat and the heat thing crumbles with Lebron. You know, everyone talking about that locker room when they lost this. There was some exhausted and they were just glad it was over. And KD and Golden State and like these marriages, the honeymoon period always always ends. So I don't necessarily think it was like doomed to fail from the beginning or like how could they have avoided it? But like to for any team build to be successful, it's going to take so much luck and so many circumstances. I just think the odds are are more against you to sustain it long term, just because of the ultimate stakes that come in those situations.
Speaker 1: I actually like Brooklyn now more than I did last year. I did like, I think this trade's going to go down to me as an incredible opportunity for Micheale Bridges to prove that he can be an offensive power as well, Like he was a defensive specialist for the Phoenix Suns and that was his role, and he was never going to be the guy with the ball in his hands at all times. And I was curious to see how the ball sharing would go between him and Spencer Dimwity, because Spencer doesn't like to share the ball with anyone unless their name is Luca. And he's like, that's his role. But Michale already putting buckets up at forty five the other night, shows that he was sort of underutilized in a lot of ways in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, there's a situation where the Nets put together a fun little run down the stretch and they make some noise in the playoffs, take a team to seven or something, and then there's a star that decides, you know what I want out of my team this summer. And I'm looking at Brooklyn because they got a bunch of picks they just got from Phoenix and a bunch of players I want to go there, Like mckelberd just could be my number two, Cam Johnson could be my number three, like the Clason's our defensive anchor, Like there's I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm not saying that's absolutely what Brooklyn wants to do, but they're excited that that's a possibility. So it is an interesting place to be in.
Speaker 1: If I was Sean Marks, I would say no to any star that wanted to go there. Again, I think that's the only way you build the fan base to some level of real loyalty, because the one thing that I realized from being on the fan was the fans just don't care because they feel no connection to these players. And Brooklyn's never been really the place for New York fans to like clamor around. It's always been the Knicks. And so unless they figure out some way to organically build something, buying stars I don't think is a really great And I don't think Sean Marks does well with stars truthfully, Like I don't think that's his forte.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I mean, the track record has not been exemplary so far.