Speaker 1: The Super Bowl Reaction pod you didn't know you needed and that you didn't know you were getting, which also includes lots of NBA trade talk, Hawks, Lakers, Trey Young. We're gonna get into all that, as well as some serious issues that I have with some of Chris Haynes's recent wardrobe choices. Stay tuned, because all that's next right here, only on this league.
Speaker 2: I'm cut.
Speaker 3: Welcome to this league. I'm cutting in rule of twenty four hour NBA news.
Speaker 2: This you'll.
Speaker 3: Chris Haynes. It's so time, work's time, It's so time. This league un Cut is underway and on fire.
Speaker 1: This should be a good one. Everyone, Welcome in to the latest edition of this League Uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris Haynes. I wish you could see this, America. Chris Haynes is still wearing Chiefs gear.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for that.
Speaker 1: And he is really this is the foremost most divisive wedge that he has ever brought into our relationship. I don't even want to talk about the Super Bowl. I didn't anticipate that we would be doing so, but Chris Haynes is forcing the issue. So before we get to trade deadline reaction, where the NBA season goes from here? Chris Haynes, why are you? Why have you landed on the Chiefs bandwagon? Did the Chiefs really need another fan, a Fresno born, Bay Area based fan? They really need you wearing their gear? Why is my son telling me? Hey, Dad, did you see that Chris posted on Instagram? He's wearing a Kelsey jersey? What the hell is going on around here? Why? Why yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you asked. I'm very glad you asked. You know, it's really simple. I have nothing against Niner fans. I just found a lot of them really obnoxious. Let me give you the short story of why I chose to root for the Kansas City Chiefs. I have a real tight group of neighbors. It's about six different houses, and we're just tight on this block. You know. I live in Sacramento, and most of them, ninety of them are Niner fans. And we do everything together on this block. Steinle, I mean, we we do pot lux here, we play basketball together here, real tight group, about twenty of us. Right. So the NFC Championship game, one of our neighbors decided to have a Niners fan only party and didn't invite some of us to this party. We were not invited. The only way we were invited if we were to wear Niner gear. That was the only way we were were to be invited. I didn't take too kindly of that stun. I didn't go I'm like, hell Na, you ain't gonna force me to go pick somebody else just to show up in your house, hell Na. So one of our other neighbors hosted the super Bowl party, and he was like, everybody is invited. Anybody can come regardless. So I made sure the day before the super Bowl party with the Dick Sporting Good and I'm in Sacramento. It is very hard to find anything Kansas City related. I found a Kelsey Jersey slash shirt, bought it for fifty dollars, and I showed up at the super Bowl party when the Niners were up ten oh and I came back and shifted the momentum. And then when you saw what happened, kmsas City Chief came back won that thing and stein the way they won it to the last second, like they I was, I'm in I'm in nither territory in this house. They're going crazy. They're thinking they're about to win the Super Bowl, and the way my homes just snatched victory away from defeat like that and brought it home. And I posted a video of that moment here while I was in Niner Land at this house, and I went off on my neighbor who didn't invite us to the NFC championship party. So, in a long story short, Styn, that's why I'm wearing this Kansas City Chiefs jersey slash shirt today. I went to the gym this morning because there's a bunch of Niner fans that I played basketball more. You know what, I wore that shirt and you know what, Stein, they didn't show up. They didn't show up. So I'll be wearing a shirt again tomorrow morning because they're going to see this. I'm gonna get all my use from buying this shirt. There, you have it, all right.
Speaker 1: So first of all, let me correct myself. Bay area based is poor terminology for me. You are Sacramento based. You are nine to one six based.
Speaker 2: It's not a territory. That's not a territory.
Speaker 1: Let's let's clarify that. Point two tomorrow's tweets today, I can already see it Tuesday when this episode drops, I'm waiting for the aggregation from the Dunk Central. Haines takes credit for Chiefs overtime rally. Haines, not Mahomes, propels Chiefs to second straight Super Bowl title, and.
Speaker 2: You know what, that would be accurate again, I wasn't. I showed up at the Super Bowl party late because my daughter had a volleyball tournament and those things last from morning till four thirty five thirty. So I got home and the Niners were up tn O and I'm dreading Stein. I'm dreading going to this super Bowl party. I'm like, man, heyll no, they up ten. Oh yeah, I'm already feeling some type of way about them not inviting us to the NFC party. But you know what, I showed up anyway, and when I showed up, the Chiefs showed up, and they showed out, and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: I assume you watched the NFL as as a young lad in Fresno. What was your favorite team as a kid?
Speaker 2: You know what? And the reason I could do this flip flopping. I don't have an NFL team. I don't I root for players. I don't have an NFL team but growing up, growing up, my favorite player was Jerry Rice. Then it was Terrell Owens, and that was it. Those were my two favorite players growing up.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I'm already dreading. You know, this is a Buffalo Bill household, and so my ability to stomach anything about the Chiefs is pretty much extinguished. To complicate my own personal situation further, Patrick Mahomes is a Mavericks fan. Patrick Mahomes and Luca are super tight. So I know that I am mere weeks, maybe even mere days away from Mahomes showing up to a Mavericks game triumphantly being courtside hugging Luca. I'm gonna have to watch them walk down the hallway together, and it's going to be it's going to be incredibly painful. I will say this though, the only thing, and we're gonna end the NFL talk and move on to the matters that we are more qualified to discuss. But the Chiefs this much, I know you can't win three Super Bowls in a row. So the Buffalo Bills are the favorites to win the twenty twenty five Super Bowl based on the exclusive handicapping of this league. Uncut heard it here first, right, now Bills beat the Lions in Super Bowl fifty nine, two incredibly long suffering franchises, and the Bills are finally going to have their moment, the coronation of Josh Allen and the lifting of a curse as painful and as long as what Lebron James did for the Cavs in twenty sixteen. That is coming in February of twenty twenty five. So just there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, since you're going that far, who's going to Who's gonna Who's going to be the Super Bowl performer, halftime perform.
Speaker 1: I don't have that. I don't have I don't have that kind of intel. Were you? Were you happy with the Usher performance?
Speaker 2: That that editing nuts ten out of ten, ten out of ten, he killed it. I mean, it's one of those performances where it's like, if you got your woman by your side, your wife or your significant other, you gotta let her. Just let her have it, let her dream, let her have it. Usher takes everybody's woman for that ten fifteen minutes of time days performing And that's why I didn't let my wife go to his performance in Vegas when he had to stay there. But yeah, he killed it. He absolutely destroyed it.
Speaker 1: So that might make it tough on them. I mean, who wants to follow that. I mean, that's a tough act to follow, apparently.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's always a tough act to follow. But you know what, if you're a competitor, you go for it. Period you're a comparitor, you go for it. I was talking to about my daughter stein volleyball. She had the volleyball tournament. They went two and two yesterday, and me, I don't hide my frustration or my disdain for a lack of performance or a lack of hustle. So she sees it. Her ankle is bothering her. She puts an ankle brace on in the second game, and it's bothering her. You could see it in her face. And I pulled her to the side doing one of the timeouts. I said, believe it or not, nobody cares if your ankle is hurt. I said, you're either playing or you're not. That's it. If you're too hurt, sit down. Daddy will understand. But if you're in there, I don't. You can't let them know that you're hurt. You gotta go have a poker face. Nobody cares. It's one of those things. They don't care. All they're gonna do because she was playing against a high school teammate as well. This is club volleyball here, So I said, listen, you got that. That's your high school teammate right there. If she beats you, she's gonna talk. She's gonna talk. She don't care if you hurt or not. She's gonna talk. So you better get it. My daughter went and got it. So if you a competitor, star, it don't matter if us should followed Prince, followed Michael Jackson, the Beatles. You go out there if they called me to, if they called me and won't us to come do our podcast? This league gun cut for the Super Bowl half. That's what we're doing, Stan, I don't care if Prince was there last year. We're doing it me and you.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think we're going to get that invite. But I have to say, remember when you late last year you issued the mandate that producer Ryan Music must now keep his camera on so we can see him during the recording of these podcasts. We haven't said a word about the NBA yet. I have never seen him so happy. Like he is enjoying this NFL coverage in these life lessons far more than anything we say about the NBA. So I'm a little bit worried because I've never seen him this dialed into what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Stein Ryan is from the Colin Cowherd tree. He's from the branch the tree of cow Herd. That's NFL talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't even like the NBA. I asked him. I asked him before we came on, how much NBA was on today's show. I knew the answer was absolutely zero. Maybe in April they'll start paying attention to the NBA. All Right, we've talked about enough extra curricular activities. Let's talk about the NBA. Because before we get into some of the trade deadline minutia, I have to say. I have to get this off my chest. And our good friend Bill Simmons said it. I've seen other people say it talking about how last week was the trade doudline. It was a dud. There was nothing. People. Come on, man, listen, Okay, we're gonna We're gonna go through this one last time. There were six trades in the NBA before last week during the season. James Harden was traded on Halloween. Og An Andobi was traded on December thirtieth. Pascal Siakam, like James Harden, a former All Star and a former All NBA selection. He was traded in mid January, right before the season. Damian Lillard was traded from Portland tim Milwaukee. A trade gets no larger than that. And Drew Holliday himself a former All Star, who was in the trade that got Damian Lillard from Portland to Milwaukee. Portland turned right around and traded Drew Holliday to Boston and then on deadline day, Okay, the Atlanta Hawks kept a Jontay Murray. That doesn't mean that it was a dud. We still got fifteen trades on deadline day, and Okay, no All Stars moved, but probably that's because we had multiple current and former All Stars moving in trades before deadline day, and I would say on deadline day we still had plenty of suspense and action. The Knicks made very significant moves by bringing in Boyon Bogdanovic and Alec Burks. The Oklahoma City Thunder gave you a surprise trade. When people say, oh, teams are just doing this for tax reasons, and luxury tax reasons. Gordon Hayward and his thirty one point five million dollar contract was unexpected traded on deadline day. Oklahoma City acquires Gordon Hayward and then after the deadline they bring in Bismack Biyambo to address the size issues. Dallas couldn't have been much more aggressive. Dallas woke up Thursday with one first round pick to trade. They went out and got another first round pick to trade and traded them both. So we did see action and surprises. It wasn't just little salary dumps and moves to reduce luxury tax bills. There was significant trade action on deadline day. And I just say that because I just think we're getting spoiled, like you're not gonna have blockbuster trades at every single turn. No league can just have infinite, huge trades. The previous two deadlines, former MVPs got traded James Harden in twenty twenty two, both Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in twenty twenty three. I say all this just to kind of put a bow on this. I don't think fans of the transaction game have been cheated. I think they've gotten plenty of action over the past five six months. And you know you can tell me now you agree, you disagree. But just because Atlanta said, you know what, we're not trading de Jante Murray to me, did not make the trade deadline a non event.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Stein don't hold that. Let's know how you really feel. You don't get that from Stein too often, so I relish it. I wasn't expecting that star. I mean, was was was this twitter? Was this twitter? That was?
Speaker 1: I think it's everywhere. No, like I mean, I think it's everywhere. Like I said, every you know, every time I dial into a podcast, it's the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: Was it was a.
Speaker 1: Done the trade deadline, right, I mean, like, like again, you're not gonna get all stars moving in every single transaction cycle. And like I said, I think you have if you you don't just judge the deadline by deadline day. You have to say your Pascal Siakam was traded on January seventeenth, that's, you know, three ish weeks before the deadline, but that is still part of the deadline.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree. I mean the Knicks, don't you know, they don't feel like they had a dead of a deadline and no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I think the Knicks. I mean to bring in Annaoby and Boyan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks and to do so without giving up a first is it's not just activity, it's impressive activity.
Speaker 2: They didn't give up a first or anybody from their their core rotation. You know, they they just you know, they got better. They definitely got better, increasingly better. Dallas Mavericks. It was one thing I knew well. Signs were pointing to the Mavericks making a move anyway, because you've been reporting for so long how they did a Ford going after a Ford, a big man or whatever. So I had the last game before the trade deadline that I had was the Dallas Mavericks and the Brooklyn Nets. And I initially had the Dallas Mavericks against the Knicks game on Thursday night, but I got pulled off of that so I can focus on just trade stuff because I was doing TV from two pm to eight o'clock that day. But I bring that up to say that Jason Kidd told me on Tuesday that he was not going to have shoot around on Thursday because Betraye goes down after that shoot around. He said players would have been all in their heads, they would have forgot everything that they were trying to tell him about the game that morning, and so he didn't want to have the distraction of having a shoot around, then having a couple of players move, and then the team just being out of sorts mentally and not being prepared for that New York Knicks game. So once he told me he was going to cancel shoot around, I was like, Oh, yeah, something is going down, something's going and I was I knew it was going to be Grant. I knew it was going to be Grant. So that wasn't that part wasn't a surprise. They made two moves so that, you know, I didn't see the other one coming. But you know, definitely Dallas, New York definitely the winners. More so for me, New York definitely the winners of that trade deadline. And again if you add in what they did a few weeks prior and pulling in og, you know, come on, that was a It was pretty good to me.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad actually you brought up that TV assignment because what happens soon after the deadline. Just a few hours after the NBA trade deadline passes TNT's Inside the NBA, the most celebrated studio show in sports history. Who do they turn to for their trade deadline analysis? Our very own Chris Haynes, Star of this League on UH and there's the Chuckster, Shack Kenny, the venerable Ernie Johnson. Except Chris Haynes was in some sort of dungeon room at the Bleacher Report New York offices, and it was great to hear the guys giving mister Haynes a hard time about the very man, I don't even know what the right word is, the very understated setup that Chris Haynes was in as he delivered his post trade deadline analysis.
Speaker 3: Chris Haynes, who was joining us tonight from New York, Chris.
Speaker 2: Is it in a dungeon somewhere? No, he's not in a dungeon. He's in a studio somewhere. That is not a studio. Telling me you're in a studio?
Speaker 3: Will you got one wall and one other?
Speaker 2: Chris, you're in New York? Said it? Man?
Speaker 1: Did you find out that cheap bass studios dot com?
Speaker 2: You're in a studio right, you know studio here in New York? Yes, studios. So for context, for background. I was in New York. I was at the New br Bleacher Report studio. First time I was there. You know, I don't get to New York often, so first time I was there. And uh, I mean it's a cool studio. I mean the back, the backdrop. Uh it was two walls in the back. One was like a wooded it was a wooden type of decoration. In the on the right side of it, I believe it was like just concrete. So in the so in the shot you see wood on one side, concrete on the other side. Mexic It makes it really looked like I am in some dungeon. That's I didn't even think about that, you know, until Chuck said something like that, And then when he says something, I look behind me, I'm like, I guess this is all you see. I guess because everything around me in the front it's nice, like a nice plus studio. But this backdrop that I was using, I was like, Okay, well, yeah, I guess I could see why they would would say such a thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, now that show is truly it's amazing how fast. It's amazing how fast the viewers tweet in the memes and like they get him on the air so quickly. And you and I have both been on a zillion TV shows in our life, and like, I don't know how they react so quick, but their staff is truly amazing. How fast because the guy but somebody tweeted that picture of you with the video of throwing a ball against the wall and a jail cell, and they had that thing on air in seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what one of the staff is the best, you know, the best in the country. But nah, it's it's all well, you never that's the that's the thing about it. Like they will tell you, okay, you're going on. You're talking with Ernie and Chuck and them, and they'll go over like some topics that we might you know, want to discuss. The problem is with especially Chuck and Shot, you don't know which direction they're going in, you know what I mean, Like you you have no clue. We can have a plan set up, but nine times out of ten they're going to derail that play and go into their own zone. So uh, that's that's what makes it their show so much. Magic man, It's it's a spot to the house hold on It's the it make sure, I say that it's the spotting, you know what st the spontananity. There you go, you know what I was going on.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't seen those guys in a long time and one of the it's one of the highlight like I am, as I mentioned, I think on the last pod we did, or one of the most recent pods we did. I finally have secured my plane ticket and hotel room for Indianapolis, so I will be meeting you there. Of course you'll be you know, you'll be floor level the Panini Future Stars Game, All Star Saturday Night All Star Game. You know, I'll need binoculars to see the court from where I am, but at least I will be in Indianapolis. There are rumors, there are rumblings, there are sourced whispers that Stein and Haynes might be getting together for some sort of special edition of This League Uncut, maybe even with an audience more. We will reveal more on that when we know it's going to happen for sure. But we are working feverishly behind the scenes to make some sort of live Indianapolis edition of This League Uncut happen, and I am fairly confident that it will happen, so you and I will be in the same place at least for that. I hope I see more than that, but I know at least at least we're going to get together at least once. But truly, one of the things I look forward to most about a trip to All Star Weekend is seeing the Chuckster, seeing Shaq, who I covered as a beat writer in LA with the Lakers. I only covered Shack one year, but it was the It was the first year of Shaq and Kobe, and that was a huge, huge pivotal season for me, and both Shaq and Kobe always made time for me after that. Just having been the beat writer with those guys for one season, it was hugely important for me. So I mean seeing them all, seeing seeing Ernie, Kenny, Shack, Charles together, that is always one of the highlights of an All Star Weekend. So I'm definitely looking, definitely looking forward to with with any luck, crossing paths with them too.
Speaker 2: Are you coming to any of the events, Are you coming to any of the parties with me? Stein? Are you doing anything? Are you stepping out of your zombie solo self and going out and joining everyone else?
Speaker 1: I have I did R s v P to one brunch. Now, whether I actually attend it will see?
Speaker 2: Is that is that on Sunday.
Speaker 1: That's on Sunday. But you know, like I said, you know, I know, well, first Sunday, we gotta make our thing happen first.
Speaker 2: That is my Sunday priority.
Speaker 1: So that's all I'm really thinking about. Uh Thursday, I've already turned down a couple of things. It's just not I'm just I just I don't know, man, It's just it's not I don't know. It's just not me. Turn are you Where are you going? You're let me guess you're going to the Clutch party.
Speaker 2: The Clutch The Clutch party is should I say what day it is? But yes, I'll be I'll make an appearance there for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't even get I don't even get invited to that party. So I would have to go as your plus one to get in there.
Speaker 2: Please. I the brunch that you mentioned, I'll uh, we gotta make our that's around the time where we have our pot uh timing set up, so after that maybe we can do you know, hit that up. I'm not turning down Stein, I'm just not replying to those that I am not going to Turning down is such a style. I mean, there's a better way, there's a more delicate I'm not even you know what I don't. I should don't show up.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't even say turning down because I haven't been. I've barely been invited to anything. I think people. You know, I don't really get invited to that much stuff. I have been invited to the NBA Tech Summit on Friday morning. I do hope to attend at at least some of that. But that's not you know that. I know that doesn't really excite you. You're you're more interested in the nighttime activities. And like I said, I have.
Speaker 2: No no star. I've grown.
Speaker 1: I've grown.
Speaker 2: That's not not necessarily true, but check it checks out. There is a party that you can come with me Saturday night, the T and T wrap up party. You can be you can be my guest for that, and you have all your fablure.
Speaker 1: You know what, I've never I've never been to one of those. I might actually to be your guest of honor. That might that might.
Speaker 2: Do it all right, but just don't. Just don't turn me down if you're not gonna come just don't come. Don't tell me you got better things to do. I'm like, what better thing you got to do on Saturday night than to come to the T and T wrap up party featuring your guy Chris Hanes, Shack, Chuck, Ernie ej and the rest of the T and T crew.
Speaker 1: Come Ho star well I can also, I'm also quite excited to report that I have two reservations at Saint Elmo already in the books, and fingers crossed that I get drafted into someone else's reservation. So I'm I'm the over under is how many times I eat it Saint Elmo's. The over under is his three.
Speaker 2: For three days.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I'm there for I'm there Thursday through Monday. So I mean I I you know, Okay, two are already in the books, and we'll see if there, we'll see if there's a third.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of almost.
Speaker 1: All right, before we go, we've talked. We've talked about social matters far too much in this show. I would like to hear from you, you know again. There were fifteen trades on deadline day, but so much of the focus was Atlanta did not trade to Jante Murrie, the Lakers did not make a trade today. On my sub stack, I wrote a long piece about how there seems to be a rising belief around the league that Atlanta is going to at least consider the prospect of keeping de Jonte Murray and entertaining trade pitches for Trey Young after the season. I think, obviously that will depend on how the rest of this season goes. Entering Monday Nights play, Atlanta was twenty four and twenty nine in the tenth spot. The Hawks should be able to secure a play in Berth at worst, because I don't really think any of the teams chasing the top ten. You know, the Brooklyn Nets really have been going in the other direction, the wrong direction since early in the season. So I mean the Hawks are gonna finish somewhere between seven and ten, most likely in the East, and how this season wraps up will certainly factor into some degree. But around the league there is a belief in some rival front offices that the Hawks might finally be ready to listen to Trey Young trade pitches after the season. So just give me kind of your take on the Hawks and the Lakers, since I know you were tracking those teams pretty closely. As the deadline was winding down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I reported on T and T that the Lakers plan to go after a big star. I didn't name names. I didn't want to do that at the time. I didn't want to name names. But they plan on going after a big star in the offseason, although they'll be equipped with three first round picks, and they believe that there will be players this coming up off season that will request the trade and they feel like they will be in play as it pertains to Tray Young. Yes, trade has been linked to the Lakers for quite some time now, and so I don't know if it. I don't know if his situation will be a matter of him request the trade or Atlanta choosing to go in a different direction. But whatever the case may be, Yes, we heard that. I can I can echo you know what you're hearing. You know, that's how that's how people within the league view where the Hawks are headed and could possibly go down that road where they feel like they probably need to shake things up. And you know that's that if they make that move, that's shaking things up with your cornerstone cornerstone player. You know, again, it's a new regime out there. In the front office with the Atlanta Hawks Landry Field. So does he want to or does ownership want to equip him with the opportunity to bring on his personnel, his group of players to try to build his way. I don't know, but it's things are getting definitely interesting in Atlanta. So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how how everything unfolds towards the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well, a couple of points there. First, on the Lakers. You know, there was great anticipation leading up to the deadline what would the Lakers do? And I think they actually made the right call. They only had one first round pick they could have moved at the deadline by not making a trade. Once Draft night hits, the Lakers will have access to three first round picks they can trade. In addition to the twenty twenty nine first that they could have parted with at the deadline. They will also have access to a twenty thirty one first that can be moved, and then either either a first in this draft in June or in twenty twenty five. It's up to New Orleans to decide when it wants to take the one first rounder that remains to complete the obligations from the original Anthony Davis trade. But yes, the Lakers as of June twenty sixth, will suddenly have three draft picks that they can put into deals. And I think it's important for them to wait, not just because were they really going to be able to acquire a certain difference maker at this deadline? I think that weighed on them heavily. If you give up what you have to give up to get de Jonte Murray, are the Lakers really any closer to title contention? But something that has to factor in to their calculations here. Lebron James has a player option for next season, and the Lakers don't know yet if Lebron is exercising that player option. I think we expect him to. I think the lead wide expectation is that he will exercise the option, But the Lakers didn't know that as of February eighth, and it's something they might not know until June. And if Bronnie James puts his name in the twenty twenty four draft, and if Bronnie James is drafted by a team, that suddenly Lebron says, you know what, I want to go to Team X because They've drafted Bronni and I'll sign there for way less than fifty four million. That is a scenario that the Lakers do have to keep in mind, keeping their thoughts in case they suddenly have to pivot and fill a Lebron sized hole on their roster. And if they do end up in that position, they're obviously going to be thankful that they have three first to work with instead of just two. But from the Atlanta perspective, I think the reason that Trey Young's name is coming up more and more in terms of buzz around the league and rival teams trying to project what Atlanta might do is because, for the first time that I can remember, there really does seem to be a market forming for Trey Young where you could see San Antonio if any team makes sense for Tray Young, that is the one Tray Young's offensive gifts. There is no question about what he can do offensively. The guy's averaging twenty seven to ten. He is an offense under himself, But if you wanted to pair him with someone who could cover his defensive deficiencies, Victor web min Yama would be as ideal a tag team partner for Trey Young. As you could come up with. And I think you could say the same about Anthony Davis. So the Spurs and the Lakers are two teams that would naturally have interest in Tray Young if he's made available, And so I think that is why this is becoming more of a topic.
Speaker 2: Okay, I grew with you him seeing that. And before we dip out of here start, I want to give a shout out to somebody who I don't think is getting enough credit for what he is about to put himself in. And that person that is Jalen Brown. Jalen Brown, he's entering the Dunk Contests and he's the only household name in this dunk contest. He's the only star in dunk contest. I mean Jacob topping him, the rookie in Miami, and Matt mcclong, you know, spends most of the time in the G League. You know, most stars do not want to get put themselves in these competitions because it's they have a lot they have there's more to lose than than to gain. But I have to credit Jalen Brown for putting himself in this situation. I don't know how he's gonna do in the Dunk Contest because mcclong is a is a real dunker. And I've seen some clips of Obie topis brother Jacob and he's a you know, he's a dunker like his brother. So uh, man, I say, I think Jime won the high school dunk contest or something like that. I believe back in the day. So I don't know, but I gotta give him credit for being a competitor going out there and say I'm gonna leave it all out so.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Is the dunk contest on your menu of assignments.
Speaker 2: I'm doing some sidelines, yes, but I'm doing this. It's a simulcast that I'm doing, not the main broadcast. It's a simulcast for that's going to be I believe on TBS.
Speaker 1: Maybe can Jalen Brown win the dunk contest?
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I mean mcclong is a professional dunker, like that's what he is. We've seen what he does, like you know, is the NBA player, Nah, he's not really, No, but he's a dunker. He's a professional dunker. So I don't know. The os is not their odds are not in his favor. I will say that that's what I say, I gotta give him props because I believe a lot more people are going to tune in just because of his star prowess is included.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, look, we had a very tight window to get today's podcas cast recorded. I'm all over the place. The Wizards are in town. I went to Wizards shoot around, I got Wizards maps tonight. I know you will be hitting the road soon Big week. We will have much more All Star talk to come because again both Chris and I will be in Indianapolis. We're still putting together exactly when and where and how the podcast we do from Indie will come together, but the signs are promising that we will be able to make something happen from the ground in the three one seven. Indianapolis is one of my favorite cities on the NBA map. I haven't been there in a long time. I'm really excited to go and let's do it All Star twenty twenty four. You were in Salt Lake City. I was not. So this is the first time in show history that we will be together on the ground at All Star weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm as glad to get these this cold weather, these years of cold water sitting out the way. Let's get to La. Let's get to go to State.
Speaker 1: I looked at the weather forecast. It ain't gonna be that cold. Don't be soft. It's gonna be fine in Indianapolis. It's gonna be fine. Forties and fifties. You can hack it. Just put on your new Travis Kelcey hoodie and your Travis Kelcey puffer jacket and whatever whatever, whatever chief scare you've been purchasing. All right, everyone, that will do it for this edition of This League Uncut. At least one more episode to come this week, maybe two. If the podcast gods smile upon us, stay tuned, we will be back again with you soon. Stein and Haynes as ever as always be at This League Uncut. And that'll do it for us.
Speaker 3: See you next time.
Speaker 1: This League UNCUTAG and iHeartRadio Production. Chris Haynes and Mark Stein, the