Speaker 1: When I was on vacation with my little nephews who are eleven and nine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, skimmity riz Bro.
Speaker 1: Skimmy, they're talking about skibbity Rizz. They're talking about skimbity Ohio.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: So yeah, skibby Ohio. Yeah. So like they were there, they were skimmity Ohio. They were there was like this set of stairs that like you could climb up. It was like three stories high and then you jumped into the ocean and like my nine year old nephew screamed, skibbity Ohio, skibbity toilet Ohio. And it was such a hit at the beach with the Croatian kids that they they were like making requests for what for the skibbity toilet thing for him to say next, Like they all like he got swarmed when he got out of a celebrity. Yeah, they were like, it's a skimbty toilet. Kids say this give you know, say skibbity toilet Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Wait, they're like requesting him scream that as he jumps off.
Speaker 1: As he jumps off the thing, and then they were like yeah, and you said.
Speaker 3: It's three stories so yeah, a second to get up there, yeahs building or.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, and yeah, I mean these are like twenty minute videos with like just lore Skibbity toilet lore. I can't even find the original eleven second clip, like that's it's hundreds of millions of views. I don't I don't know what to do with myself. I don't know what to do with this. I might just have to do a I need to get my wife's there gun and just do a hard reset and hope that this doesn't hope that this information just leaves or you're gonna put keeper into your skull. And that's how that's how Skibbity Toilet starts making scumbity dating. Ohio. People talk about like taking you know, once you change your psychiatric medication and like you start liking different music, Like this is the way to start liking Skibbity toilet is you do a hard reset with the theragun and yeah.
Speaker 3: All work in those Skibbity makes jacket dull boy.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty eight, Episode four of tay Guys Day production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's filthy, strange, diseased, shared scuty, the ski Skibbity Consciousness. It is Thursday, July twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. I'm officially old as.
Speaker 2: Fun hey Man, Skibbity Youngstown National Wine and Cheese Day is July twenty fifth, s Gibbity Day and Ohio National Hire a Veteran Day. Skimmity Cincinnati, Ohio National.
Speaker 1: Are you actually saying mat or is that just my brain doing?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I'm just saying the days?
Speaker 1: Okay, what day it is? At the beginning of the show.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, yeah, no, no, no, yeah, yeah, sorry, this has just been happening.
Speaker 2: No, all good. It's also a National skivity is Hot Fudge s Givity Sunday Day. Also National Marrygo Skivvy Round Day, National thread the Needleskivity Day, and National Intern Day Skimvity. Yeah, great things. Oh also man shout out Ohio. Actually it's also National Chili Dog Days Skimmitty Cincinnati. Okay, okay, there.
Speaker 1: You said, I know you said it.
Speaker 2: I said Cincinnati because of the Yeah, because of your Skyline or gold Star Chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you said, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, and not the high road.
Speaker 3: You, but Cincinnati's in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Exactly either like gold Star Chili all right, skibbitty Line Chili. What did you just say, Skyline Chili or gold Star Chili gold Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now there and Skimmity Day No Merry Go Rounds. Shout out to Merry Go Rounds. I realized that I hadn't noticed that they were missing from current playgrounds until I went overseas and my kids played on like a European playground and I got to just spin their ass.
Speaker 2: Oh you were doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know they were on there alone. I wasn't like freaking out the neighborhood kids or anything, but.
Speaker 2: Well, I figured, you're like the crazy American. I don't know what language you're speaking, but I think you're saying, go faster.
Speaker 1: He's crying, he's puking. But yeah, we don't have those, at least not in the LA playgrounds anymore. I think we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we lost our privileges for those because we used to do dumb. I mean, I see I still see videos where people like hook up ropes to them and then like take off like on a dirt bike to get a jenny out though Oh yeah, to turn it into like a fucking centrifuge, like a scientific centrifuge, but with human bodies on it. Yeah. Yeah, But anyway, but you're talking about like the metal ones, right, not like a fancy sort of like turn of the century Horsey miracle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, no, I'm thinking of the metal ones that you like, run really fast around and then spin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of sharp edges on those two back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, are the one I grew up. I was rusty as fuck, and there was like a little dugout underneath it that kids would like kind of try and get under it was. It was a mess like.
Speaker 2: Dat underneath the platform, like they would duck underneath the spinning plate.
Speaker 3: Legend is legend has it there's a couple of them still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, all right. Well my name is Jack O'Brien aka. He is ten percent suck, twenty percent shill, fifteen percent fabricated Billy of Hill, five percent musky, and a fake fucking name and one hundred percent reason. JD vance is a lame that is courtesy of JD. Salad bar on the discord JD Vance, that's JD Vance's name on our discord and you know, a lot of self loathing, but we knew that already a little remember the name fort Minor aka. I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles grab.
Speaker 2: Black fifty percent Japanese. Uh anyway, but my actual ak is comm.
Speaker 1: Comma last team.
Speaker 4: Now they're raising major cream.
Speaker 1: Maybe will all be fine? November? Take your time, all right?
Speaker 2: Shout out to X three R zero on the discord for that. We were just about Billy Ocean too, Millie Ocean, Caribing Queen. Take Gore to some November please, yes, yeah, you can go.
Speaker 1: Michael McDonald that asked, Yeah, just commons, that's yeah, it's you gotta use a little reverberates more in the mouth when you're doing McDonald's. Miles, Miles, enough silliness. It's time to get serious. We got conspiracy theories to talk about, and we have the man to talk about that once again, a writer, one of the best podcast hosts EPs doing it. You know, stuff they don't want you to know. Ridiculous History Limited series. Let's start a coup. Please welcome to this show. It's Ben Bolling. Yeah, I like that it's an aka. I'm down with this again. I'm not Ben Bolling anymore. You're forgetting that.
Speaker 2: It's really weird, like you're forgetting I'm not you anymore. It's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we moved on for that contract we have we have got to be different people here. Another a KA could be seeing Kamala in big intelligent debate intrigue, which would be an acronym for skibbity.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, whoa off the dome?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what the fuck did you say?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: It was the first time I'm hearing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a word. We just made up and didn't exact.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I had a neighbor who would make up words too, but they're usually like slurs. I think he's he's nonetheless yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, who are we?
Speaker 1: My favorite content creator? My racist neighbor. Yeah? I mean, how you been, Ben? It's been a I'm sure of not boring time in the conspiracy theory community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the interesting time to be sure, you know, and being kind of a kind of a dirt bag. One of my first thoughts when I learned about Thank you for nodding solemnly.
Speaker 1: Miles, what I.
Speaker 3: First thoughts the attempted assassination was? And I thought I had the weekend off. Yeah, because you know, like you and me and everybody we know, the news traveled so quickly. And then of course this being the first kind of specifically the first kind of attempt of its sort in the age of ubiquitous social media in the US, then people were just off to the races, you know. It was like you could just go on X and then say, also, what does this have to do with dunkin Donuts? And then there would be somebody come back and hit you with an essay that just broke the shit down right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it does all go back to dunkin Donuts. I think that's also where I'm settling. Yeah, it does all go back to Duncan. America runs on Duncan, and America should run from Duncan if you think about it. Yeah, I mean things that make conspiracy theorists very horned up and energized. As an attempted assassination, somebody dying, somebody not being dead but them thinking they're dead. It's really like I feel like they're just activated and now like the Biden thing. They're oh god, come on, you're you expect me to believe he's not dead. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The two biggest start I think it was, uh Bobert was saying, prove that Biden is alive. Yeah, and then and he's probably in the room.
Speaker 1: It's the point there.
Speaker 3: And then uh, the idea that when that guy's stepping away from the campaign or from running again, the cycle or the propaganda machine so quickly switched to this is a coup, this is actually happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then when he does die, there will be a conspiracy theory that he's still live with Elvis and too he's still running the shadow government. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Think about it.
Speaker 2: Duncan are the like, I mean the news cycle, Like we were always talking like how long will this even stay in the news cycle? Sadly is it? You think conspiracy theorists they're still like, well, it might may have listened the news cycle, but we still we still need to figure out what happened. I think the biggest the biggest question for me was like there was like where was the real medical report on his exact injury, like like right away, And that was a little strange, but other than that, it was clear that whatever had hit him was not significant enough to continue wearing a gigantic band aid for more than the RNC.
Speaker 1: And there's definitely a bullet that hit his ear because I saw that recreation video where the bullets, the big bullet faces from Mario go by his head, and you can tell that that's the bullet that the bullet.
Speaker 3: I also, I've never met Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Bro, you've never met all right, so uh I.
Speaker 3: Remember thinking about like, oh, this guy has a past in WWE, which is that might explain some of the bandage. It's clearly a little bit of political theater.
Speaker 1: The miles.
Speaker 3: This thing about the medical records, I think that is definitely there are They were objectively weird about this, like the Secret Service agents. We asked about this on our show. We had some former folks in that field right into us and yeah, you're not supposed to stop out on stage. Yeah it's not I guess they chill in other places, but you're not supposed to chill then, you know, like post.
Speaker 1: Fire shots fired, yeah, right, right right? And just to make his shoes off, like he takes his shoes off when he does a speech. Yeah, that seems that's true. It must be, I mean, because it didn't seem like any my shoes. I need to get my shoes. One of them like was seen flying off the stage at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like an agent threw it off, I think, just to clear like the foot space or something. It was weird. And then you said, were they him?
Speaker 1: Were they like bullying him? Like yeah, there you go. Why don't you go get it? Bitch that one? They go full go ahead, go get it right now, go ahead, man, there's a there's an active shooter. But yeah, you're so worried about your shoe, why don't you go get it? Wow? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But a lot of questions for that part. I mean, we we always try to not if someone approaches us with a question or isn't this weird kind of thing? Or even pitching a conspiracy, try not to dismiss them out of hand if they're being I guess courteous in the way they're explaining it, right, Yeah, but it is dangerous to that question. The idea of how these things evolve, the modern folklore of it is it'll leave the news cycle for a minute until more information comes out. But while it's not there on the surface, We're going to see people get further into their own rabbit holes on subreddits, you know, on various discords and stuff, and then the thing that they cook up when it surfaces again into the mainstream is going to be fucking bananas.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're we're going to talk about it that we're starting to see some of it re emerge, like we've talked I think on Tuesday's episode, we talked about the way that a story on the Internet will always get workshopped like writer's workshop, but we'll get workshopped into the most intriguing version based loosely on like what has been imprinted on people's minds from the early impression of the story. And I think that's what we're seeing. We're seeing some old tropes that we always love in our shootings. There's a second shooter is the new trope that is making its way throughout the country. So we'll talk about that be and we're gonna get to know you a little bit better first. Some of the other things we're talking about in addition to the second shooter, conspiracy theory, just the racist woman hating GOP shit show is spinning into full gear now that Kamala Harris is the official candidate. So we're just gonna take a brief glimpse of what that looks like. We're gonna talk about the continue settling in of the fact that jd Vance is the Republican nominee for vice president and just how how they're dealing with that. We might also, I guess we should probably talk about the fact that one of the big things that people are making fun of jd Vance about is in fact incorrect. We do have to fact check you. He did not brag in his mom So a lot of people are fact checking this by saying he did not fucking inside out latex glove that he had stuffed in between couch cushions. I can't say that with confidence. What I can say is he did not brag about doing that in his memore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's all I can say.
Speaker 3: That's very fair. Yeah, I'm sure that'll come up in the debate. I hope they open that debate that way, like in the defense of my opponent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if Republicans are you know, they like to, you know, just say debunked conspiracy theories out loud. As if they're true. So why not just do that like at the debate, be like, dude, So what's up with the glove man? Just see where he goes with that, See what he handles with that handles that question.
Speaker 1: All that we might get into the Skibbity toilet, I mean, we have to get into the Skibbity Toilet cinematic universe, because Michael Bay is now working with the creator of Skibbity Toilet to professionalize the kind of back engine of this whatever the fuck that means. But we'll just take a quick look at the Skibbity toilet phenomenon, all of that plenty more. But first, Ben Bollen, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: Oh boy?
Speaker 3: All right, there, these are some weird ones. One is the orphan train. One is how the modern birth position came about? Which are either of those new two guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the orphan train is and in an modern birth position?
Speaker 3: Okay, go on here, yeah, okay, So we'll run through both of them. So the orphan train refers to a pro from the mid eighteen hundreds to the like the nineteen twenties, where in the US government co signed taking orphans or just abducting children and auctioning them off via rail to farms across America. This was some farm workers. Yeah, yeah, child labor. But the way the guy who figured it out or came up with this idea was a young seminary student from a pretty well to do family in Connecticut. He came down to New York and at one of the worst times to be in New York. It was hellish to him because there was this massive influx of immigration via Ellis Island. There was always a series of up and down financial disasters and affordable housing not really thing, social safety net not really thing. This resulted in tens of thousands of just absolutely destitute homeless children roam in the streets in a real life, non cutesy Oliver Twist way, terrible things are happy and these kids and.
Speaker 1: Hair tangled together, just rolling around like a giant ball of orphans. Yeah, this is the period of time that the documentary newsies is about.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, this, yeah, nailed it. And so this guy. At first, when I heard about this for a history show we do, I thought that's crazy. I mean, the US has a lot of terrible things in its past and its present, and it's like but auction off kids in the in the late eighteen hundreds in.
Speaker 2: The I remember, in the early early.
Speaker 3: But yeah, after yeah, I thought there was a whole you know thing about that. Yeah, but but it turned out this was a this was a real program, and the ramifications of it continued to because it ended in nineteen twenty nine. That let's speak clear. There were kids who did have a better chance at life, and they did, you know, get adopted by families that treated them like their actual children. But even in those cases, there are a lot of people today who may not know, you know, their full ancestry or something. Because also a lot of these kids weren't orphans, I think only I mean less than half of them were orphans. About twenty five percent of them had their two birth parents living with them in New York. They just didn't speak English or there was religious persecution, so they got snatched.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, so better far better to be a farm hand than a child in a Catholic family.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jack is reading the transcript from statements by this preacher. But we have we have an episode of that the birth position thing. I mean, I know that's the downers to the birth position thing that I just learned about today. When I was I was thinking of, like, what is something that Jack and Miles haven't heard of? All right, so most women today are people giving birth in the West, at least give birth lying down right, like you're depression. Yeah, nobody's like I just take a knee, Papa squad or whatever. So the real reason this happens, apparently, is back in the seventeenth century, King Louis the fourteenth was super obsessed with watching his children being born.
Speaker 1: Oh so like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a loving dad.
Speaker 1: Jack, Come on, dude, the skippity guys brock people who film it? What's what is your problem?
Speaker 2: You's sick of?
Speaker 3: So so that's the story I didn't know. I mean, I'm not a doctor, so a lot of times when I hear accepted medical practice, I always think, Okay, yeah, you know, somebody smarter than me figure that one out. Good, Thank goodness. But no, this is all because King Louis fourteenth the fourteenth had twenty two children and loved watching them come into the world.
Speaker 1: What was the accepted position before he before that little freak got his hands on. I think it's more like freestyle swimming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just whatever, whatever, yeah, just whatever's the best way to get it out. I mean, like I remember when my child was born, Like the amount of positions you change up, like you're never going to stay in one position either, Like all right, let's try this one. Let's try this one. We'll get the ball. Okay, now now there's just this like arts of that back. Let's try this way. Yeah, let's go to the side. So yeah, it feels like I get now that. Like in the moment, it's like, yeah, try whatever we can to help, you know, facilitate the delivery of this child. But then it's more. But it's wild to think that it started off being like why don't we just start off like this though, Yeah, just laying down in theirs.
Speaker 3: And then they could just you know, we're becoming parents. There's not some creepy absolute monarch who pops in and says.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have some notes, you know what. He was watching everybody else's children be born too. Ain't your kid, is it? Bro?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm just just that is very curious, listener, very like patriarchical that like the reason for it is just because it was being treated as a spectator sport for the father, like for the ban in question. They're like, yeah, I'm more on that later, but like, what's going to give me the best view? I think this looks the best. Wasn't there a sculpture of Britney Spears giving birth, like on all fours or something? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: That what.
Speaker 1: It's we I remember this being a news story at one point, like and people are like, that's so weird. And doctors at the time were like, actually that is oftentimes a better position to assume when giving birth. But I don't know all the details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a pro life Britney Spears sculpture. Oh it was, yeah, I'm not It's like, yeah, she's like on a bear skin rug. It's fucking weird.
Speaker 1: That very yeah, again, very like some person with a childbirth fetish was like, uh yeah no, this is about uh politics. Oh, Louis classic Louis. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll get your overrated underrated and talk some news and we're back And Ben Bolin, what is something you think is underrated? All right?
Speaker 3: This is a scattershot one because I I've got a lot of stuff. I think we could agree is underrated, like libraries, right, one of the few places we don't have to pay to exist. Miles next one, next, try all right, all right, all right, next try next, try back up to the plate. I got really, I've been doing some road trips and I forgot how super into weird and specific museums. I am like, we've all seen good museums, you know, but I want this stuff in the middle of nowhere, you know, like an hour and a half from the highway where some guys just got has just fallen in love with, like frying pants right right, right right, And there's a little pamphlet at the gas station. It's like, hey, how much do you think you know about frying pants? I take that ship personally. I will show up.
Speaker 1: What's the weirdest and most specific museum you've been to that I've been to.
Speaker 3: One of the weirdest, quite recently is the thing called the Museum, so like with an extra M at the beginning and the back, and it's just this, Yeah, it's just this tiny thing out out in New York at like a cubicle basically where they have all this strange ephemera that you wouldn't see in a lot of other exhibits, like they always change it up. They're like a pop up museum, you could call it. The first time I was there, they had the records of last meals of people who are facing execution, and I thought.
Speaker 1: This is weird.
Speaker 3: But if I have friends in town with the right vibe, then you know, maybe they'd be interested in seeing this too. And then I took some friends and the next time we were there it was all and it was an exhibit of knockoff fast food from other countries. They can't have American or Western fast food chains.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, so you.
Speaker 3: Never know what you're going to get. I think that was cool. That's that's probably the most recent weird one I've been to. I'm excited. I'm going to an exhibit about the history of pasta design later this weekend. Oh wow, yeah, because I'm fun at parties.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your favorite pasta is?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I mean stuff. I would say I think Bucatini is the superior spaghetti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get the sauce in there.
Speaker 1: So I like silly because for service area purposes, also about getting as much sauce on that thing.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, This is the real journalism. You're turning to.
Speaker 2: Get some sauce on that bang.
Speaker 1: So the museum is just it's like whatever they happen to be interested in at the moment.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't know much about the background. I don't want to offend them, but I'm picturing, you know, the weirdest brain trust of the most exaggeratedly Brooklyn esque people ever, yes, you know, uh, And I want them to be concept artists or I want them to be, you know, secretly secretly experts in some other field, like you know, I'm primarily known for being an astronaut.
Speaker 1: However, my true.
Speaker 2: Love, ye, I'm a particle physicist who just loves like jail stuff.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, wife left, but jal stuff, that's what you call it. Yeah, Jai jail stuff. Okay, come to my museum muism.
Speaker 2: All right? Is that?
Speaker 1: Did you notice anything about the trends of last meals that people requested? Like was it fried chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Fried chicken was popular one for some reason.
Speaker 1: That a lot of sweet?
Speaker 2: Is that what you want? I think it might be what I don't know, Do you want that last little crunch? After that? The state has determined that they can take your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they used to let you go hog wild in the US, right, like like anything you want to the point where I'm pretty sure i'd have to we'd have to do an episode on this together. But I'm pretty sure there was one or two guys who tried tried to run out the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were the stay of execution based on how difficult it was to acquire their last.
Speaker 3: Right, this is hot, I can't be executed now, or just like triguing it like all you can eat kind of buffet without a clock on it, Like, oh sure, I'm not done yet though.
Speaker 2: Right, so I will have some more. I remember, like back in the day, like in Maximum magazine or some shit when I was a teenager reading like a thing where they interviewed like a like a chef or like one of the people culinary people on death row, and it was like what they always get, and it was I remember coming away with it that it was always surprisingly fairly simple, like people just wanted like a burger and fries, or like just I think every day kind of.
Speaker 1: Food cheeseburger, like a nice smash burger cheeseburger with fries. You've been locked up so long too. Yeah, you know what I mean? You feel like that's like when I'm really hungry. That's probably the thing that I'm wanting. What about you, Miles? Uh hmmm.
Speaker 2: Uh. This would be my tactic when they ask.
Speaker 1: Great question.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's such a good Let me think about that. I'm gonna go back in my cellar really quick. Let me just have a think on this.
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 2: Let me get back to circle back in a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, go back in a week. Take your let's circle back. They did change.
Speaker 3: I think it goes state by state, so some laws were changed whenever given political entity wants to pear tough on prime and so I think in many places the idea of a last meal as a special request has been removed. So it's a weird, weird slice of history. I'm doing all downers today, Like where did I mean?
Speaker 2: Even the concept of it is interesting. It is like, is that born out of the guilt over being like, man, well we got a fucking off this guy. At least you can have a fucking Salisbury steak or some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the person inside the most inhumane institution right in the world I mean, especially when you think about someone like back in the day, when people are getting X like truly the most innocent people, they're like, well, I don't know, he's black, so we're just gonna and that's that's the guy, or many other people who have been wrongfully had their lives ended who were actually innocent, like I've been like.
Speaker 2: The undercurrent of all that, Like, well, you're part of that apparatus. It's sort of like, fuck, dude, like let's get the guy like a waffle or some shit.
Speaker 1: Dude, I know what it looks like, but really I'm a softy at heart.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's what it says on their Facebook page. Yeah, all right, always fascinating, Ben. What is something you think is overrated? Two things?
Speaker 3: I know this is close to a lot of us listening to this evening and close to you guys as well. I would say on a petty level, I don't dig Vegas. I think Vegas is overrated. Hoover Dam's awesome, but I'm just the schlubby guy. Vegas is not for me, you know what I mean. But more importantly, America is never ending election cycle is so fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Were on the Hoover dam vill never ending your election cycle? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's funny. We've had two Las Vegas contradicting opinions on Las Vegas over the Oh really yeah, Molly Lambert was on saying well, she was more saying I picked Vegas over Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: Palm Springs. Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, either way. The never ending election cycle, though, is not just overrated, it's detrimental, I think to the entire country to drag shit out like this and have every like all the attention go on this thing that really doesn't bring about a lot of change. I mean, depending on whose policies are enacted, but like, truly, the way we treat it and like to the detriment of every other story that's happening in the country and in the world is a little fucking yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite response to the Kamala Harris like taking over people being like how is she gonna run for president? And this amount of time We don't have enough time.
Speaker 4: It's like, I don't know, look at literally every other country and exactly you don't need that huge amount of time. But it makes the media billions and billions of dollars to have that kind of coverage. It also reminds me of that it was a night out in the cold for me as a child when I learned that Red Lobster's special lobster Fest is just all the time. It's not a special occation. It's always Lobsterfest. It's always election season here in the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't all right, guys, election seasons coming up, said lobsters loss. But this given Blitz, he hates it. Wolf Blitzer, Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Got his spritzer knocked out of his fucking hand, said to go aport on this shit.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get into some news continue fallouts from the JD Vance selection, which you know happened long a while back, beginning of last week, but it seems like we're still seeing people's feelings pan out about who this guy is, how much we love him, just what a what a riz got he is?
Speaker 2: Dude, Like I said, Grand Wizard of the KKK, this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, but the highest compliment anyone can go.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, skive ity vance out here. So let's take I just want to take a look into some reporting from the week that was preceding the RNC when everyone was convinced that it would be one of Marco Rubio or Derg Berger, the governor of North Dakota, that people forgot about. So I'm sorry, Doug Bergham, that's what it is. It's just hard to say, like gerg Berger, this is, this is, this is some other party. Quote this from NBC News. The conversation quickly turned tense when the former president indicated that he was leaning toward Doug Burger.
Speaker 1: Bergham Miles, it's easy dig Bergen.
Speaker 2: Bo Burnham until recently, Yeah, until recently, the largely unknown governor of North Dakota. But someone who's low maintenance, no drama personality, would never threaten to outshine Trump. That was like he wanted that guy. He's like, this guy's just a freaking literally an empty suit. Like that's what I want. Did you see who I picked up the first time around? The guy let flies just chill on his head while I was talking. Okay, that's how fucking disciplined my friends was. And so then the article continues. Quote that's when Donald Trump Junior and Eric Trump chimed in. Quote don Eric went batshit crazy. Quote why would you do something so stupid? He offers us nothing. A longtime republic operative familiar with the discussion told NBC News they were quote, they were basically all.
Speaker 1: Like JD JD JD the operation.
Speaker 2: Said, and that was it.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 2: He said, fine, maybe my kids know something. Plus the tech people who were saying, hey, man might give you a little more money if you bring this guy in, I think kind of sealed the deal. And that's how we now have JD Hillbilly Effigy Vance as the VP pick. And what a choice this has turned out to be because, like we've seen, JD Vance is currently stinking it up out there on the campaign.
Speaker 1: Game dude, we touched.
Speaker 2: Something just general repulsiveness as a person, but we really didn't have a way of like measuring the stink, like just how stinky are you? JD Vans until now. This is you're about to hear from a CNN data analyst data analyst Harry Enton talking about what the numbers look like after JD Vance was announced as the VP pick.
Speaker 6: Frankly, I don't really understand the pick, and apparently neither the American voters because we take a look at the net favorable rating for a JD Vance that's a favorable minus unfavorable. It's a negative net territory. Look at that negative six points. I will tell you I have gone all the way back since nineteen hundred and eighty.
Speaker 2: He is the first guy.
Speaker 6: After immediately following a convention of VP pick who actually had a negative favorable rating that is underwater. The average since two thousand is plus nineteen points. Jd Vance making history in the completely wrong way.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like his own people.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this too when it was announced, right, he underperformed like he underperformed in Ohio as a Republican. He was actually the worst performing Republican in the twenty twenty two election, like Mike Dewin who is running for governor. He underperformed ten points from the Republican governor who's at the top of the ticket. That somehow people in his own state were like, I don't know, dude, not this guy. No, dude, I guess we'll see or I'm just not going to vote for him. So he's definitely having some issues with likability. Now again, I'm not convinced like this is fatal for the Trump campaign, but I think it just can firms that it seems like all of us are seeing the same thing, like, people fucking don't like this guy at all. And I think and it's like a lot of people say, especially like the hillbilly Ellogy thing has kind of hurt. I don't know how much that will actually hurt him truly, but there are a lot of people like on TikTok, like apple Latcha. Like based TikTok creators were like, let me tell you why everyone fucking hates jd Vance is like a carpet bagger. He's from the Ohio suburbs. He's claiming apple Latcha.
Speaker 1: Is there people say like Trump and are like, let me explain to you why this guy.
Speaker 2: Even then they make fun of him because he calls it Appalaysia and they're like, bro, you shouldn't be saying Appalaysia. Bro, you're claiming this shit. It should be apple Latcha. Yeah. And so you know, like while people who saw the movie were like jd Vance, Oh wow, the guy that made the movie with Glenn Close, there are other people who are like, oh fuck that guy that made the movie with Glenn Close, that took a total shit on where I'm from. Carpetbagger as motherfucker. So it, you're dealing with a lot of different things, and obviously his politics are fucking abhorring and he's just like, he's trumpy, and a lot of people are like, this guy's gonna inherit the MAGA movement. But with the lack of you know, likability, just even from his own side, that that's I don't know. We'll see, we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 3: But didn't you Also it seems like there was an error in the calculus there because he clearly he's like, what thirty nine something like that, late thirties, supre. So first off, that's that's crazy for the Republican Party. So maybe the idea was, you know, like injecting the young blood.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, they need to that they need to stick to their plan of literally doing that, getting a young person to be your blood bag and literally ejected. That's worked for you guys for one hundred years. Why switch up and try and figuratively reject the young blood.
Speaker 3: Because little blood bag in there? Party of innovative ideas?
Speaker 1: That's right, But I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: The thing that's crazy about it is it's a little think is just fect that this was a pick. It went to the last minute, right, it was a pick that was meant or calculated to be a good response toward a Biden Harris ticket. But now that's not a thing that's happening. So I wouldn't be I feel like the Trump campaign is probably going damn, someone checked the law. Can we do take back zis on vps?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean this as as if he continues to be like this, I can only I feel like that becomes more and more of a possibility. It's so funny that crazy dude, we just printed out three million fucking Trump fans. I don't give a ship this.
Speaker 1: Sprint them, unprint those out.
Speaker 2: Unprint them. Just do command Do command Z command z undo undo.
Speaker 1: So there there's also a vile, flanderous rumor going around that he fucked a glove and wrote about it in his book Hillbili Elogy, which was it's so like he just he was so trained by the mainstream media. Like his whole Hillbili Elogy thing was just him trying to write his story for like the kind of liberal democrat voter like that seemed to be whose eyes he created his image in. And so that's why I was like, you know, I could see him writing a thing about how he tried to glove those stuff into a couch cushion, because it's art, it's literary. It's art. He's trying to be literary. The glove is America, you guys, in many ways.
Speaker 2: So forgotten betwixt our couch cushions.
Speaker 1: It stems from a joke social media. It stems from a joke social media post that claimed that part of Hillbillyology describes how he shoved his dick into an inside out latex glove shoved between two couch cushions.
Speaker 2: It's written, though, is perfect misinformation tweet. It's just say this is what the two is. I can't say for sure, but he might be the first VP pick to have admitted in a New York Times bestseller to fucking an inside out latex glove shoved between two couch cushions. Then he does a parenthetical citation vance comma Hillbilly Elergy, pages one sevente.
Speaker 1: Like you just the conutting the citation there, like really, because nobody owns that book anymore. Everybody who bought that and read it has now thrown it out.
Speaker 2: Unless you're like really invested in like like books that are just dunking on like poor people like that, And you're like, that's why, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know the only person who could really be our unexpectedly heroic fact checker there is someone from the glove or couch cushion fucking community. You know, they would come out and they would be like stolen valor bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe it that now, this is ain't it? I do.
Speaker 1: The big question is do people know that it's a fake story? And does Donald Trump know that it's a fake story, because I this feels like the sort of thing he is not a sophisticated consumer of media, Like this motherfucker has heard this and has believed it, and at the very least is like, oh, okay, he didn't write it in the book, but I don't know, he seems like he might do it. It seems like the sort of sort of thing that he might do.
Speaker 2: You know something, I noticed the gloves were missing from the first aid kits in the bathroom, So I wonder what that's about. I don't know. I think I think what's great about this is that it shows you how much people don't fuck. They don't fucking like jd Vance Like, it doesn't even matter that this is so blatantly made up there, like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, dude, he look.
Speaker 2: My feeling towards him is that he's a latex glove banging dude. That's what I feel. That's what his whole energy gives me. And you know, it's like when like people were like, yeah, dude, Ted Cruz is like the Zodiac Killer. It just shows like if people don't like you, like they're willing to fucking just believe that shit even though it doesn't matter, and I think that must be. I mean, it's it's wild how much this joke has continued on the Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many mentioned constantly, Like I see you mentioned, like just in follow ups to like serious reporting about his lack of popularity, people will be I'm like, and you forgot to mention that he fucked that couch Like that's because yeah, I think I'm watching his post.
Speaker 3: How dare you call yourself journalist?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Hello, have you seen this one? This one video that was going blown up on Twitter about Vance looking at couches. It's like pushing in on his face and then pushing in on couches with Barry White.
Speaker 1: Play and then just like it shows his face him going oh, oh look at that, Oh what's this couch?
Speaker 2: Leather couches get like increasingly more dilapidated. Yeah, man, And it doesn't even matter. People just fucking like and when you when you aren't liked enough, it doesn't matter what's true. And I think that just that's just that, that's just the rules of our Internet and our the way we communicate with each other.
Speaker 1: The person who initially posted the thing immediately after posted something along the lines of or the post where you're like, what would It's not like somebody would actually go on the Internet and tell lies, right right right, So it's yeah, they were not even trying to hide it. But the ship just took off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's from what's that PBS the Ardvark Owl Arthur Arthur Arthur. I think it's from the Arthur cartoon and says, you really think someone would do that, just go on the Internet and tell lies.
Speaker 3: But also he switched sides, didn't he because wasn't he a prominent or he had made public statements criticizing Donald Trumped back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No. His whole thing was he was originally during the rise of Trump. He was the like authority for how do we explain that people would vote for Trump? Like that was the main like conundrum that people in the mainstream media seemed to have after Trump got elected. They were like, who are these people and what could possibly be motivating them?
Speaker 2: Right, He's like, I got this. My great grandfather was from Kentucky. But allow me to break this down.
Speaker 1: You're like, what, yeah, yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk conspiracy theories. And we're back, and of course we want to get into some conspiracy theory on how skibbitty toilet is so popular now the so the right is embracing a second shooter conspiracy theory around the attempted assassination of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: It's the other day. It was Kamala that was behind Okay, yeah, that's a second show. Okay, Okay, got it, got it go.
Speaker 1: Basically a soft reboot of the Grassy Knoll theory. There's just something about the human brain, and I have my theories, but like we immediately crave a second shooter like this, this is the thing that it's the first conspiracy theory on JFK it's the first conspiracy theory on RFK. There's an episode of the show on the media from a number of years back during an especially like quarrifying time of like mass shootings, where they were like, Okay, here are the rules for reporting on a mass shooting, and they're like, the first thing everybody is going to tell you there are multiple shooters inside, and it's extremely rare that that's the case, but believe me, there are going to be reports. There's just like something about the chaos of a shooting, and I think maybe something inside us that doesn't want to believe that, like one stupid person can cause all that damage, that there's like something that boggles the human mind about the fact that guns exist. You know, it's like, what that shouldn't be the fucking case, That's what's the way?
Speaker 2: What's the the second shooter with the I didn't know there was a second. Wasn't he shot in like the kitchen of the hotel? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, yeah, but it was. Yeah. There's just a lot of people who think it can't They don't want it to just be one.
Speaker 3: Well, Sir Sir Haan also did a thing on him recently. He has maintained his innocence for many years now, and he keeps applying for parole. But the people believe the second Shooter thing in there get really close to ideas of like a brainwashing or Manchurian candidate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he says he doesn't remember doing it right, right, that was what he said initially. But then there's also like there's a woman in a polka dot dress, is like some purity guard, the one guard. Yeah, that's big RFK Junior conspiracy. Yeah, I wasn't usually right about these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, when he has a hunch. When he has a hunch, you go with what r F casas. Yeah, sorry, I just I just wanted clear to that because to my I just thought it was pretty straightforward, like just from what I had seen. But yeah, I underestimated the Internet and humans.
Speaker 1: The current second Shooter theories seemed to differ on on this particular attempt at assassination. Some think that Crooks was a patsy and the water tower guy who are about to be introduced to was there to silence him afterward, even though I don't know why you to create a water tower guy to do that since we already know that there were two snipers who did that, Like, we know where they were. Why do you need water Tower guy to do the shooting, Like we already know that that happened, that he took the shots and then was silence. You don't need to create a second shooter.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no judgment of brainstorming.
Speaker 1: Exactly, guys, this is a safe zone to throw out ideas.
Speaker 2: Exactly, come on, man, it's blue sky. Let's blue sky. This thing, man, that is.
Speaker 1: Exactly what is happening to this story. The other theory, and this is the one that I'm like, Okay, we have a winner here. Let's run. Let's run with this. Writer's room suggested that the second shooter was an expert marksman who could convincingly graze Trump's ear and provide a bloody show for a false flag operation.
Speaker 3: Oh god, so many people have said that to me. Yeah, like that's in hours of the news hours.
Speaker 1: That at least gives the second shooter a reason to exist, because the first version of the second shooter theory doesn't make sense because again, we know where the people were who did that. They were doing their job. You don't need a second shooter to do that. The problem, of course, with the logic of a second shooter who is so good that they can just like put the bullet within like a micrometer of it. Like it is that you probably wouldn't put that person like way the fuck up on a water tower, but you know when an updraft could kill the person that you're trying to like stage a fun photo shoot for a momentary turn of the head. Canna. Yeah, you're not being counted for unless yeah, like choreograph it. Yes, yeah seems Also my main issue with this is that the photographic evidence that this theory stems from shows a they claim it shows a figure on the tower. If you look at photos of the tower, and even like the screen caps that those people are using, it is blatantly like just the top, Like there's like a part of the tower that you can like see in every picture of this tax like.
Speaker 2: The little nipple on top of the water tower is supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I think they're saying the nipple on top of the water tower.
Speaker 2: Look again, this is my city boy description of a water like the nipple on top of.
Speaker 1: All water like the tower. When a human makes a vaguely orb shaped construction, it is imperative that they give it a little nipple because people who build and design stuff are incredibly horny.
Speaker 2: So yeah, oh so it's basically the shadow that's created from the sun being on the other side of that structure. They're saying that there's like.
Speaker 1: A little dark blur next to the nipple the big Foot, that bigfoot bigfoot level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, photograph and all, and it's so grainy. I received somebody saying it was the the top of the Again, I love the terminology where he's at the top of the nipple to the right. But then someone else said, if you look down just above the tree line and like, that could be kind of a person standing branch.
Speaker 1: It's like used magnets to stick themselves to the side of the thing because on the Yeah, okay, so that a superhero went up that that makes sense. Then now I'm back on board.
Speaker 3: Back team of a crack team of cryptids magnet people, and uh, well, you know, why why stop at a second shooter? This is the thing where it starts to get frustrated with this, like why not just have a whole daisy chain of these, you know, there's a third shooter to take out the second shooter.
Speaker 2: And then also if I'm doing a false flag like that, I would be like, yeo, okay, So the Secret Service agent wrestling style is going to cut your ear with a blade when they come to get you, and then you will emerge with a blood on your face. That's the that's how a fishing way without being like yo, dude, if you fuck this shot up in dome him, this is gonna be a problem. Bro, you will not get your check. I don't but yeah, that's fine. Whatever.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's exactly it that that's exactly and there are you know, there are serious things that there are serious missteps or anomalies. But the question is could those be explained by incompetence or miscommunication on the on the part of the Secret Service. Because the director I think just got just.
Speaker 2: Resigned.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, I I don't think that was the resignation was her idea, but this kind.
Speaker 2: She got there it is you've been resigned, unprinted out Arnold called me to impress.
Speaker 1: Awesome, you've been raised.
Speaker 3: So do you think this will persist? These kind of I see them only growing, these kind of tales as as they get closer to you.
Speaker 2: I think if if Trump wins, I feel like the Mueller time mug Zipper. People will definitely start going all in on this and try to find a way to say, like this is what changed everything, because that was sort of like the big pearl clutchy response from a lot of people, like it's over, dude, Yeah, that was it. They got that photo, and I'm like, I don't know if that sure, but part of me was also like, I'm also don't I don't believe in America's capacity to stay focused on this one thing, especially during election season, Like that's the thing, like that somehow, even something like this will become tired news to people and they're gonna have.
Speaker 1: To move on, Like well, that's a sign that the version of events that actually happened, which is this guy who had to google what Donald Trump looked like before he did this, like he was that much of a politically motivated actor that he like didn't know what either Donald Trump or Joe Biden looked like. Like that version of the story has died, and so now you need to workshop to create the version of the story that is going to live on on the internet. And yeah, I don't think that's going anywhere, but it will metastasize in the dark and become weirder and weirder.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, the perfect word metastasized because also to the earlier excellent point about the possibility of a false flag operation, you ideally would not want to use live fire, right, because yeah, sure, make this impossible lottery level shot right or mess it up and then you're never part of an operation. You just die before you get to trial.
Speaker 1: A nineteen year old was who got banned from his high school shooting club because he was the worst shooter like that had ever applied. And they were like, it's literally unsafe for you to even be holding a gun in the vicinity of people. Hey, could you do this false flag operation for us and graze the ear of the president or just like be shooting live rounds around the head of the president that would be or the former president. It's a it's an interesting plan that this relies on.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's really I think people are really forget about this. It's just like, I don't know, I don't know whives like, I don't know, I don't even know what the legs this thing has. Somehow in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four, well, we've.
Speaker 1: Really our muscle memory when it comes to forgetting about mass shooters who just want to be famous, is really like, we we have that muscle. We've been working that muscle for decade decades. Yeah, yeah, that's as one of our greatest superpowers as Americans is to just ignore people wanting to be famous taking our air fifteen and yeah, trying to make a name for it.
Speaker 2: It's called selective humanity. Yes, a uniquely American trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, so it's probably going to keep going. Those are the reasons I think it's probably bullshit. It's the fact that it's so predictable is pretty wild. It's just like, yeah, so they're about to say it's there's gonna be a second shooter, and then like I, in fact, I would have said that. And then I was like, but there's obviously second shooters, Like we see the snipers in the videos behind him, Like there's snipers posted up everywhere. You wouldn't need to create a second shooter. And yet yeah, it could be one of them, right, Yeah, they're like what about the water tower guy? All right? And then finally I do just want to talk about skibbity toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually talked about real national security let's.
Speaker 1: Get back to the important shit. It was announced that Skibbity Toilet, the YouTube animation of a singing head popping out of a toilet that spawned a web series that is now like one of the most popular things ever invented. Like I was saying, I think before we started recording, but it it's it. It's basically the global future terminator war like the at the beginning of T two Judgment Day Like, it looks like that, except instead of there being terminator like the robots versus humans, it is human body TV heads versus toilet body human heads. That that is the war that is being carried out and the lore like it's if you had told me after seeing the eleven second clip of the Skibbty toilet, like the person singing the song for eleven seconds with their head popping out of the toilet, if you told me that that off of the back of that, the creator of that was going to try to launch a massive, like lore filled cinematic universe on YouTube, I would be like, Okay, so the first video has one hundred million views, and then everything else that they launch to try and exploit the first video is going to have like thirty two views, and I would be wrong. The lore has so many views, it is incredibly popular. Are you going to make a version? Am I going to make a version of Skibbity Toilet? Yeah? I mean I don't have to. The Internet has done it for me. I have nothing to add here, but it does make me like I fully can't figure this one out, like how how the story works? How like what the appeal is? But Paramount Pictures, yeah, the character exactly. Former Paramount Pictures president Adam Goodman has said their plans to make a Skibbity Toilet the next Transformers or Marvel Universe. He said that Michael Bay has been working hard to quote professionalize the kind of back engine of this.
Speaker 2: Back like a Transformer, Like do they have an engine on their back way? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I think it means like the like making for I think he's probably talking about like the engine, like because it all appears to be done like inside, like a video game engine of some sort.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like I thought, like a half life to Moud or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought it meant maybe figuring this is pretentious, but figuring out like the story editing the story Bible, you know what I mean, what how do we spin this off?
Speaker 1: Who is right? And what does that tell us? You know? Tole yeah wishes, he was, Yeah, here we go. I gotta tell you that.
Speaker 3: When when you were first telling me about this off air, because they just learned about this, I thought you were I thought you guys were doing like no offense, but your typical dry.
Speaker 1: Humor kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what a joke about it like that.
Speaker 2: I know, Ben, what the fuck are you talking about? I crossed the line, Okay, I get I don't know that's how it was being taken. I'm saying stuff really earnestly all the time.
Speaker 1: My humor is fucking drenched. Bro right.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you thought we were just doing a weird bit.
Speaker 1: I see. I didn't want to interfere. I was like, this might be like the things they're just warming up.
Speaker 2: It's like this election year. I'll just let it happen.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they've finally gone insane. Yeah yeah, man, it's now it's real. This this has also I mean. A Swedish news outlet claimed that this was Russian propaganda aimed at indoctrinating children and what's the exactly, Yeah, what what messages are you trying to get at here? I think a lot of it is just children do find toilets very funny, and it's oh yeah, there's a massive Like I didn't realize until I think I read the Psycho, the movie psychod Hitchcock's Psycho that is the first time that a toilet was ever shown on film, and people are like, oh, my God, really showed a toilet or film?
Speaker 2: Wow, you know it's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like there's just a I think there's like a rule of thumb that you like, try not to show toilets. You try not to show It's just it reminds people of nasty stuff that they don't think about. That reminds people that we're animals.
Speaker 3: I think, like how in those old school TV family sitcoms the parents would inexplicably sleep in twin beds on opposite sides of the room. Oh cool, Yeah, no shame if that's.
Speaker 2: I mean, but yeah, I think they the guy who invented it, this Russian dude, I mean, it's it's literal toilet humor and kids love that. So I feel like he may have had something even though I think yeah, many people are now like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the the children crave toilet humor that shouldn't be a surprise to anybody, but the degree to which it immediately became abstracted into like Lord of the Rings level lore. Yeah, like turned into a fucking massive fight between good and evil. Uh. Interesting, And this is it's kind of what the Internet's all about.
Speaker 2: It feels like, but like, you know, we always talk about how films are developed, and it's just like there's like no thought going into what are like what kind of IP they're going to develop or what kind of films are going to be made? And it feels so much like this, like one of these studio people, like my grandson keeps saying skibbety.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. And then I was at it.
Speaker 2: I was at A, I was at A I was at the grocery store. I aren't other kids saying skibbety Like this is like the new POGs.
Speaker 1: I think, and I know, and I know to forget the Great POGs Movie.
Speaker 2: I know, I know the POGs movie did terribly, but I think we might have something here with skibbety without like really underst like like it's just purely I think just being like the kids like it, make that a movie?
Speaker 1: Now, will that?
Speaker 2: Will that actually be the same thing? Will that come off as the same product to the kids that they're trying to bring it, because certainly they're not going to make it like we want fucking gen xers, millennials, all of everybody to get invested in the skibbitty toilet universe. Like, I just don't think that's possible or feasible.
Speaker 3: I think you've outlined the process so well because it's it's the same kind of weird mad lib approach to creativity that ended up in the Emoji movie. Right, there was some guy who's like, you know, they call us executive producers, really weird disruptors. I've received an interesting phenomenon in texting with.
Speaker 1: With my girlfriend, I.
Speaker 2: Mean my wife of twenty years, you know, twelve years ago. Twelve years ago, someone was pitching meme the movie. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, not understanding like how it's relevant or what the what is making it entertaining to people, And it's just so like it's so abstract and like a lot of it is like just sort of this nostalgia for like old machinima like video game animations that were like in the like like two thousands.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's got to be a whole industry's worth of like twenty year old interns who this summer are just being frantically put to work by every movie studio. Just like, write a fucking dissertation report on skibbity toilet, Like what does any of this mean? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Make it seem like there's a book that explains skibbity, and make it seem like I read it, yes, exactly, and then read it.
Speaker 1: Back to me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see it like, I'm just gonna ask chat GPT to pitch me a cinematic universe based on Skibbity toilet and just see what does really quick? Never mind it it auto corrected Skibbitty to Libido toilet, and now it's giving me a completely different idea.
Speaker 1: So no, there's no judgment of breaks.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, let's see.
Speaker 1: What Libido toilets very specificies of films that blends comedy, sci fi, and fantasy.
Speaker 2: At its core, the Bido Libido Toilet cinematic universe revolves around a series of seemingly ordinary toilets that, unbeknownt to the general public, possess mysterious and powerful abilities linked to human emotions.
Speaker 1: And desires toilet. So it's like love potion number nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pushing number two. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's that's my favorite piece of media.
Speaker 3: Libido toilet, Libido toilet, let's kick down the fucking doors of paramount.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many parents have tried to do that and be like trying to send some skimmity shit to like their kids on text and like autocorks to libido, Like, how many kids have seen libido toilet arrantly from like someone.
Speaker 1: Trying to be libido toilet?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is a libido?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Ohio, that's toledo, Ben Ben, What a pleasure having you as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Well you can find me bugging Jack and Miles on Twitter, which I believe we've collectively agreed not to call X. Where I'm at appin Bullen Yeah, Appenbolin Instagram. I did the horrible vanity plate thing and now I'm Benbolin dot com.
Speaker 1: You can find it there.
Speaker 3: Stuff they'll want you to know, to learn more about critical thinking and conspiracies, ridiculous history to learn more about. You know, if you heard that orphan train bit we were talking about the top and you thought my afternoon is going too well, I do need some to take it down a notch, then check out our episode there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Aside from the new cinematic universe of Libido toilet, I've actually been I saw an Australian spy thriller series called Secret City on Netflix and it was one of those things. I don't know you guys treat Netflix, but usually it's in the background for me if I'm cooking or something, because I'm thinking, like, wow, already paid for this, I am going to use it.
Speaker 2: Might as well pollute the audio environment of my home with it.
Speaker 1: And weteing money by not having it on right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you guys see me shaking my fist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Secret City based off of book series I haven't yet read. It stars An It's Wharf, who I believe was the maybe most well known as the protagonist, and the sci fi series Fringe. But if you like intrigue and you like something that isn't isn't the same cookie cutter true crime or political thriller that we would get from US based stuff. Then this one, I think is a very interesting contrast to that. I haven't finished it. If I get to the end and it's terrible, I will post a public apology.
Speaker 1: Miles, where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Find me on Twitter, Instagram, at Miles of Gray, check Jack and I out on the basketball podcast Boosties and even like ninety Day Fiance. Cat's be talking about that on four twenty Date Fiance. So the tweet I like is from at Brett or at b Mycellus, who's one of the people who founded Midas Touch like that, you know, like liberal like they put out a lot of like content and news clips and stuff and just general reporting about what's happening in the country, but from a very democrat side perspective. The tweeted quote, aside from all the pro comlic content, the other thing people seem to be posting on TikTok are videos of JD vans with pictures of couches set to romantic music. What is this about? To keep the conversation going? It will never end. It will never end. And then Andrew t was supposed to be on the show earlier this week, but it was out, but he tweeted, Honestly, you can't pick the most couch fucking ass looking guy of all time as your VP and then get mad at him for couch fucking.
Speaker 1: That's great, all right, a tweet I've been enjoying. Tommy Bayer tweeted walk up in the middle of the night to write this down, and it is a screencap from his notesap babies and strollers on a racetrack getting the diapers change really fast by NASCAR guys.
Speaker 2: Shit stop if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wells you are on fire as all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The I feel like I've done something so similar to that. You guys ever just like write stuff down in your dreams and you're like they're solved it. I'm gonna this is this is going to I'm immediately like I should wake up and immediately book myself off on some stand up circuit because this is going to murder and it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Yes, God, the drugs that your brain dumps into itself, or that your body dumps into your brain when you're going to sleep are so good. They're so good. Thank you, thank you bringing chemicals. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes off the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well, it's a song that we think you might enjoy, myles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Again? One of my favorite Canadian bands, Bad Bad Not Good. They teamed up with the artist Turnstyle for this track called Alien Love Call and again a nice groover. They're fantastic on their instruments. The vocals are fantastic. I mean, obviously they're just an instrumental band, so when they team up with vocalists and sort of blend their musical styles, it's always a delight. So allow this to be your Alien Love Call, because that's the name of this track. Turnstyle with Bad, Bad Not Good.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. Dally's Gus is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio, ap Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,