Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and Jetty and no he Armstrong and Yetty. That's going viral.
Speaker 2: A woman in Wisconsin admitted to leaving something pretty unusual at a movie theater.
Speaker 3: Take a look of this, an urn full of ashes found in a movie theater in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: It appears the mystery has been solved.
Speaker 3: The woman now as she left the urn there on purpose. She says, the remains inside are those of her father.
Speaker 1: With whom she did not have a close relationship. She didn't want the remains in her home.
Speaker 3: So when she went to see a movie, she brought the urn and dished it underneath seats where Beetlejuice.
Speaker 1: Beetlejuice was playing Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice one Moviego was like ern, I thought it was a promotional popcorn. Butchet, he's getting a lot of cheese nuts. That's all I'm getting here.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, that's gross.
Speaker 1: Wow, what an interesting story. So she so she obviously went through the process of having her father creamated, went to the service, and ended up getting the ashes. Even though she didn't have a good enough relationship with him that she wanted to keep the ashes. I would have thought that would have broken down earlier somewhere and then rather.
Speaker 2: Than somebody asked for him to be cremated. I don't, But how does she end up with the ashes?
Speaker 1: If she hates him so much that she doesn't she's going to leave him somewhere?
Speaker 2: That just seems weird. Why wouldn't she say no, you keep them? No, I just I think in a lot on a happy family, she do. What do you have to do to minimize conflict?
Speaker 1: Okay? Even the ashes? Okay, even if I go with that. Yeah, your disposal of them isn't throw them in the trash, throw them off a cliff, Yeah, depending on how angry you are about him. Whenever you a movie theater and leave him under the seat.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how often this is all the analysis you need. I know what I'll do, dot dot dot, and then you fill it in with what they did, and you think, how the hell do you got right? You decide, I mean, I get that you think of it, but then you decide that's your best course of action. Maybe maybe she's sitting there in the movie with the ashes and thought, you know what, this movie sucks and my dad did too. I'm leaving the movie. I'm leaving him. I don't know who knows. You'd have to ask her. That's some odd damn behaviors being of odd behavior. This is a Twitter thread sent to me, brought to my attention by and I did not clear whether this person wanted to be named a very serious person? Uh not a crank the opposite of a crank.
Speaker 1: It is a Twitter.
Speaker 2: Post by Jennifer's Xiang zeg z e Ng, who is an American of Chinese origin. She has about her core of a million followers. She says her her profile is writer, reporter and China expert news and analysis on Chinese affairs, and is followed by a number of people who we follow and and are serious observers of China. Okay, Having said that, I'm just going to read the first part to you. Can you believe this is a US Navy recruiting office in Alhambra, California. Every recruiter here is Chinese, as well as all the people coming to enlist. The working language here is also Chinese.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't mean of Chinese origin, but born here speak English? Why are they speaking Chinese there? I mean, clearly they're Chinese Americans. They can't be Chinese nationals. But let me let me go on a little bit. This is why I'm so I'm so completely befuddled by this. And there are pictures and videos, as she makes clear in a bit, let me just read on and then we'll get to some of the questions. The video was filmed by a Chinese language YouTuber and the US Navy recruiter who took him there to film all this is and she names the rank and the gentleman's name.
Speaker 2: He's got his name obviously of Chinese origin. In the description box of this video on YouTube, which was uploaded on December one, twenty twenty four, this naval guy's contact information is provided, and what concerns me is that the first option listed is his we Chat ID to get in touch with an alleged US military recruiter. We Chat is the big Chinese social media site. The telephone number of the office comes as the second choice. As all data on we Chat is controlled by the CCP, this at least gives the CCP access to the personal data of all those who apply to join the US Navy and who are admitted. The second question is why is this office staffed exclusively by Chinese individuals. The other day I shared a video where a Chinese American military member said, if the US goes to war with China, he would quit the US Army because he doesn't want to fight against China.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: If all these Chinese people recruited through this office feel the same way, what will happen? And the worst case scenario is what if some of them are recruited by the CCPs spies or perhaps they are already spies. One thing I am sure of from listening to their accent is that they all come from mainland to China. Everyone in this video, and the title of the original Chinese language video is quote, how desperate are Chinese people to join the US military? They're overwhelming recruitment offices, each with their own reasons for enlistening. Finally, this the Chinese word used as Chinese symbols, which can be translated as Chinese people or more precisely people from PRC or people of PRC the People's Republic of China. In the mind or subconsciousness of the youtubeer who shot this video. All these people still belonged to the prc.
Speaker 1: OH.
Speaker 2: I hope that's looked into. Yeah, I don't get this. I am absolutely befuddled by this.
Speaker 1: It's not hard to imagine somebody of Chinese descent being very willing to join the US military to fight against China, right because you didn't like, I mean, we are friend ying Ma. She's not a friend of a fan of she grew up in China, She's not a fan of China.
Speaker 2: She also retweeted something from somebody on the East Coast Chinese illegals seeking naturalization lured by US military offices ran by Chinese individuals and advertised in China. This person said, I've reported on this before, but in New York. It doesn't surprise me. So it's like, you can get your papers if you serve in the military, you can get American papers, no matter how you got in the country, So enlist today. Well, if anybody has any idea what the ELL's going on here, what's behind it? I would love to know. Again, she does not appear to be any sort of crackpot, and the person who sent this to me is absolutely not either.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, if you know anything about it, email or text. So with all the UFOs drones flying around in New Jersey, for instance, that might be from China or wherever, that has some people talking about alien life forms. Elon had an interesting text the other day about the likelihood of intelligent life on other planets that I wanted to pass along because I found it fascinating. We also have clips of the week we need to get to all the way stay here.
Speaker 2: I almost feel bad that I may have misled you, but not really, because I think this is a it's a learning moment. It's that's what I was looking for. You remember phrase with like you escape it pot People don't say it anymore, Thank goodness. It was a teachable moment. Ironically, don't repeat cliches anyway. So this we were just talking about this recruitment office al Hambro, California that appears to be entirely run by Chinese speaking people, and it looks like they're just recruiting other Chinese people and it's extremely suspicious and weird and it is. I scrolled way, way, way, way way down in the feed and finally came across a guy saying, Hey, this is a sophisticated deep fake and he's a military guy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And he points out a number of the errors you would not catch wow unless you're knowledgeable about military military procedures, ribbons and that sort of thing. And he catches some other inconsistencies that if you spent a couple hours of your time researching the people in the video and their actual rank and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It is scary, right, And so you are correct that this is worth doing, even though it was misleading in the beginning. Just to show how easy it is to be misled by AAI deep fakes, including people that are pretty knowledgeable the original source of this to you, and they're only going to get better. They're only going to get better. That video the other day, if you haven't seen the video of Trump and Jill Biden front pews Notre Dame Cathedral the other day, they're talking and then like they get into a fight. It's so damned real looking. I mean, if you went this fight not an argument, yeah, fistfight. If you went back ten years and showed me that, I thought, holy crap, Donald Trump and Joe Biden got in a fight. It's only because I'm aware of AI, and it's so unlikely that that would happen that I jumped to the fact that it's ai. It looked completely believable.
Speaker 2: I think the twenty first century might make humankind insane, yeah, or just really really weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean science fiction writers need to get into what's going to happen when nobody believes anything that they read here or see.
Speaker 2: So well already covered that ground.
Speaker 1: What is information at that point? What the party tells you it is. So I just came across something damned interesting. Hey, that's what we're shooting for. Huh. This is from Elon Musk's Twitter feed, and this is something different than I was going to talk about, but I just came across it. Elon Musk said it's annoying when Chomsky is right, and that got my attention because Noam Chomsky is one of the most annoying bastard on Earth. Is weird politics and everything like that. But here's Noam Chomsky talking about the pseudo intellectualism, intellectualism of post modern literary theorists. I don't know why he laid this out the video. It looks like he's less It's a deep sake. He's been an old man my whole life. So here's the quote, and this is about hearing all the gobbledygook from various critical race theory people and that sort of stuff. If you look at what's happening, I think it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on. I mean, suppose you're a literary scholar at some elite university or an anthropologist or whatever. If you do your work seriously, that's fine, but you don't get any big prizes for it. On the other hand, you take a look over in the rest of the university, and you got those guys in the physics department and the math department, and they have all kinds of complicated theories, which of course we can't understand, but they seem to understand them. And they have principles, and they deduce complicated things from the principles, and they do experiments and they find either the experiments work or they don't work. And so that's really impressive stuff. So I want to be like that too, over in the humanities. So I want to have a theory in the humanities, you know, literary criticism, anthropology, and so on. There's a field called theory. We're just like the physicists. They talking in comprehen We can talk in comprehensibly. They have big words, We have big words. They draw far reaching conclusions. We'll draw far reaching conclusions. We're just as prestigious as they are. Now. If they say, well, look we're doing real science and you guys aren't. That's white, male, sexist, bourgeois whatever, the answer is, that's what we say. How are we need different from them? Okay, and that's appealing to the people in the humanities. Why did he give away the game there? But that is fascinating.
Speaker 2: That is one hundred percent correct and eloquently stated.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he outed the people on his side.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe he's just a cantankerous old man or something. But that's that's beautiful, right. And he's an obnoxious lefty oh a mesater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and crazy in my opinion, But so yeah. So the math physics guys, they got all kinds of stuff that nobody understands. They win prizes. Everybody who's smart enough to understand it seems to believe it. Yeah, let's do the same thing over here, critical race theory and all kinds of weird crap and make up the term LATNX and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And right exactly, yeah, and just the whole, well, the whole you've got to innovate. To be an academic star, you've got to come up with something new, which is ruined education. Nothing works better than phonics, nothing. But you're not gonna get some acclaim or a giant grant for saying no, the old stuff is the way. You got to keep doing it. So everybody's got to be, you know, pushing the boundaries, and there are no boundaries to be pushed in a lot of this stuff. You combine that with the soft sciences, like he says, wanting to seem legit, like I got a degree in political science and I was really good at it, and I got a Bachelor of Arts degree. Now so that wait a minute, it's right there in the name of the major political science that's not science, said the University of Illinois. If we were just kidding you, please go away.
Speaker 1: The liberal arts and sciences. The sciences is just to make you shut up.
Speaker 2: We don't mean it.
Speaker 1: So if you're a professor of women's trans ethnic studies or something, you can come up with this theory of how well, I'll say the US was founded on slavery or something like that, and make up all this different stuff. And the people in the physics department say that doesn't make any sense. Well, it doesn't make sense to you. Your stuff doesn't make sense to me, So let's just agree to disagree. Then you go from there.
Speaker 2: Listen to this here in the surreal landscape of modern academia, it seems there's no idea to outlandish to be wrapped in the veneer of intellectualism and published in a peer reviewed journal. Entered belas Boro's paper Queering Babies auto Ethnographic Reflections from a Gay Parents through Surrogacy. The paper, which has been peer reviewed and published in an auspicious journal, masquerades a scholarship while offering little more than the author's subjective musings dressed up in the jargon of post war theory. As its title suggests, that paper relies heavily on auto ethnography, a method that is essentially a diary entry trying to pass as a rigorous analysis. At its core, the essay's premise that surrogate babies are queer creatures by default, and that perhaps all babies babies are inherently queer stretches the boundaries of logic, coherence and decency.
Speaker 1: Well, so that whole thing there you just laid out. The physics math people would say that sounds like it's made up, and the people who made it up would say, well, so does string theory. So again, let's agree to disagree.
Speaker 2: Right, so shut up and give me my PhD and queer baby's studies.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh that is interesting.
Speaker 2: Shut the universities down. Let's take a deep breath for about five years, then repopulate them with sane people.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, huh, at least the parts that aren't like the physics math department. Although, as we know, the physics and math and biology departments have gotten infiltrated by the the woke stuff too and have to work it into the classrooms where I saw the other day the one guy doing a rant and raven in front of his lecture hall full of hostages. I mean, you know, students that have to be there and listen to his crap going on about how it was okay to murder the CEO of United Healthcare. He was not like a physics professor with some hard science, like, wow, you're as crazy as those other people are.
Speaker 2: Well, he probably had to convincingly fill out his DEI statement to get the gig. So thirty seven more qualified physics professors who would not genuflect at the altar of this cult didn't.
Speaker 1: Get the gig he did. Yeah, why did Noam Chomsky give away the game? There?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 1: I will think about that the rest of my days, about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I assume it's legit. One of our beloved listeners actually email us a link to the same thing, so it's getting attention.
Speaker 1: Elon tweeted it out. That was his you know, his thing was, it's annoying when Chomsky is right. We've got a lot more on the way. I hope you can stay.
Speaker 4: Here, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with my son last night. I've been trying to convince them to this since he was little. I understand why he didn't go for his little His birthday is two days before Christmas, December twenty third, and it makes it really makes a mess of the whole thing. It's it's just it's it's too much. It's just too much. Everybody gets together, you have cake, you got open presents, and then like twenty four hours later, it feels like you do it again, and it just it just always seems like too much and like it lessens the other one. Anyway, I was hoping that when he got older, maybe he'd go for the half birthday that I know some of you do. I remember when he was born, a bunch of you said that that's what you do in your families. So you decide because your birthday's too close to Christmas. You celebrated at the six month mark, so do it in June or July whatever, and then it has more of a special feeling and blah blah blah. But uh, he didn't want to go for it. He's a partially because he's ocd AF that's five letters, and he wants to do his birthday on his birthday. But man, the birthday and getting ready for the birthday and then the Christmas a lot. And I tell this story every year. His older brother Sam, so he's his brother. Sam is two when we bring home Henry from the hospital on Christmas Eve, and Sam collapses to his knees and starts crying because he really he was able to understand as a two year old the jig is up. I am no longer the only show in town. All the focus is gonna be on whoever this is, and I already don't like him, and and oh it was I can still picture. It was so sad. He just he tried to smile, he tried to be happy because we're hey, here's your new brother, and he kind of smiled, and then he just collapsed on the floor crying. And oh it was painful. And I know it is a common thing, not unique to my family, but oh that hurt. With the Christmas tree there and all the presents. Have you ever known anybody to have for birthday, Katie, if you ever heard of that before? Now, yeah, I would do it. I wouldn't want to do it when I was a kid, probably, but past a certain age. Yeah, let's let's let's let's let's do presence gifts hubbub in the middle of the summer, not have both of them two days apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want two sets of presents.
Speaker 1: And try as you might, there's just no way. It's the same amount of stuff I think that you're gonna get when they're together. There's always kind of a combo. This is your combo birthday because it's a very big guy.
Speaker 5: Whatever I don't know how long did it take for that sting of no longer being the only child to kind of go do you think I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, he's fourteen. I'll let you know if it wears off. I don't know. I don't actually know. It wasn't that long, but it makes sense. I probably did the same thing. I was the oldest, and then you know you're the only show in time. I look at the Christmas pictures from when I before, I have when I was the only child there briefly, and oh my god, the amount of presents I got, And then you know it changes when there's competition.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So here's one of the most annoying things that's happened in recent memory. San Diego County was voting on whether or not to become what they're calling a super sanctuary county. So not only are they gonna, uh not give up the idea of being a sanctuary county, we're gonna be a super sanctuary county, whatever the hell that is. There was only one no vote. It passed, God dang it. So more on that after we hear some of the actual arguments. This is San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond, who we've had on the show before talking about he was the no vote. He was the only no vote on San Diego County becoming a super sanctuary county, and he said this, I.
Speaker 6: Think this policy goes beyond California's existing sanctuary laws by adding an additional layer of bureaucracy that hinders local law enforcement from directly notifying ICE about illegal immigrants who are currently in our jails and they have committed heinous crimes including child abuse or endangerment, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but only if this conviction is for a felony, possession.
Speaker 1: Of an unlawful deadly weapon, gang.
Speaker 6: Related offenses, a crime resulting in death or involving personal affliction or great bodily injury, possession or use of a firearm, and the commission of an offense torture, rape, and kidnapping. That's the population we're talking about. So under this policy, and if a legal immigrant commits one of these serious crimes, San Diego County would be legally prohibited from directly coreating with ICE. This effectively protects the offenders from deportation, allowing them to remain in our communities where they could cause that same harm.
Speaker 1: Again. This is so bone deep crazy. I have trouble happy wrapping my head around it. I guess we should have recorded some of the arguments in favor of it, so I would at least understand what their thinking is. Let's let mister Desmond roll on with the awfulness of San Diego becoming San Diego County becoming a super sanctuary county. And this isn't just theoretical.
Speaker 6: We have seen the devastating consequences of such policies across the nation. Barbie Larsen was brutally murdered in her own home by an illegal alien gang member with a history of drug possession and burglary. He was released because of sanctuary loss. Kate Steinel was senselesusly shot killed in a San Francisco peer but a llegal immigrant with a long history of violent crime. Just months ago, I sat next to Patty Moren, a mother whose life was shattered when her daughter was raped murdered by an illegal immigrant. Her heartbreaking testimony is something I'll never forget. A reminder that these tragedies are not statistics, they are human lives forever altered.
Speaker 1: You know what we ought to do hands an executive producer, maybe you get some of the arguments for any county becoming a super sanctuary county, because we already are a sanctuary state in California, and they wanted to add to that the protections for not just people here who are here illegally, but people who are illegal here illegally and in jail, already committed a crime. Sometimes, as you heard, they're a terrible crime. I don't even understand the argument. I don't even know where to start because I don't understand their argument. So maybe we ought to grab some of that and we can play it next week. But let's let Desmond wrap up here.
Speaker 6: And these tragedies are preventable, but sanctuary laws allow them to happen by allowing illegal criminals back into our communities instead of into the hands of ice. San Diego County is already spending five million dollars annually of taxpayer money to provide legal counsel for illegal immigrants facing deportation, no matter what the reason is that they're being deported. This proposed legislation, to me, seeks to prioritize the interest of illegal criminal immigrants over the safety of law abiding immigrants and citizens.
Speaker 1: So the San Diego County Board of Supervisors voted three to one yesterday. That was the one that you've been hearing. Who was against this to restrict the use of county resources for federal immigration enforcement. That ideology is so nuts to me. I don't even know where to start. Uh. I think you're blinded by your weird m I don't even know. I mean, like I said, I can't even get in the headspace. I can't even steal man their argument. As they say, if you're gonna have a good debate, you're supposed to be able to express the other person's position to their satisfaction. I can't do that on this one because I don't get their ideology. Some of it is just this is the opposite of what Trump wants. So some of it is that it's Trump arrangement syndrome. It says, oh, Trump wants a boot out of legals, then I have to be again. Some of it is that, and it's very popular in certain quarters, including a lot of San Diego. But wow, we will get some of the arguments for the super sanctuary county so we can hear what these numb nuts think we'll do. That next week, maybe we'll have a mister desmond on he could lay it out for us pretty well, I guess. But there you go. Trump won the election. You saw all of the polling on all the border stuff. It's between eighty and ninety percent Americans want secured borders. Sixty percent of Americans want every single undocumented immigrant booted out of the country period. We're not even talking illegals. You could be talking to hard working, productive family members. Sixty percent want them boot it out. I don't think that's ever gonna happen. I don't think that's workable. But that is the feeling of the country right now. But in San Diego County you had three people that voted for keeping criminals in the country. People that are known criminals. We want you in our country, and the taxpayer will help support them. Freaking nuts. We'll finish strong next strong.
Speaker 6: In Seattle, a pair of suspected jewelry thieves attempted to escape by row.
Speaker 1: Boat before being arrested. A row boat. Is there no slower escape vehicle available? It's the cops quick to the ghetaway blimp. They're trolling right at us. That's pretty funny. A robo pretty much is the slowest thing you can come up with. Uh, that is hilarious. Hi y'all doing. We got one more week left in the year of broadcasting? Am I right about that? Michael? Am I looking at that correctly? One more broadcasting week next week Monday through Friday, and then we'll have our end of the year show on Friday, which is always baffo and full of all kinds of fun stuff. Then we're off for two weeks while you complain to us through texts and emails about why aren't we working? And then we come back to start a brand new year of fun and frivolity with a new president, Which leads me to this. Mark Alprin, writing in his newsletter today about the amazing day Trump had yesterday Thursday, by the standards of presidential transition and Trump's most fundamental desires on the National town Square, was a super baffo day for the maven of Mara a Lago, fusing in a series of Wall Street photo ops at the New York Stock Exchange, where he rang the bell, first time any president or about to be president has done that in forty years since. Wrong with Reagan and his person of the Year honor with Time Magazine, which doesn't matter to most people, but it matters a lot to Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katie, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, you keep saying boffo.
Speaker 1: You don't know the word boffo. No, it was wonderful, fantastic, big Okay.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like an acronym for something.
Speaker 5: No, okay, not just you're away saying you know af and all this stuff.
Speaker 7: I thought boffo fit in the FAFO. I don't know, I should I should stop saying some of those things. Actually, Trump having members of his family and political posse flanking him there at the Stock Exchange with the giant Time magazine cover behind his head, might have been the highest moment.
Speaker 1: Of his life, which is absolutely true. It's not that just that the big Apple is his oyster. As the Washington Post, democracy dies in darkness. The Washington Post, they came up with that massed head statement when Trump was elected in twenty sixteen because they were going to be the resistance. Even the Washington Post noted the entire known galaxy is now arguably more under Trump's thumb than it has ever been. And this man was president for four years already really quite amazing. Mark Alpern goes on to write, there has never been a modern transition like this, with the incoming folks making visible progress on areas including immigration, foreign policy. Doge, that'd be cutting back on spending, executive orders of all stripes, and more before he even takes office. Peggy Noonan, as she often does, writing in the Wall Street Journal, said it best or is she a postperson? Framing that Trump is what he is doing this December. You have to see that what we are witnessing right now is truly remarkable, with no precedent in US history. He's essentially functioning as a sitting president a month and a half before his president. We're now down to what is the date today? So he got a month and a week five weeks before he's actually president. Now the part Joe was talking about a little bit later. I don't know if birds coming home to roost is a fair way to talk about it or not. It's just the reality of people still have a bad mood about the economy. Economies move slow. It'll take a while to fix that, even if it can be fixed. Making people feel better about what stuff costs and everything like that, he's going to have a margin of like one or two in the House. He got a new majority leader in the Senate that nobody is exactly sure where he's going to be on things, and then you got a couple of wards that could go south at any moment. So but you know, such as being president. If you don't want that sort of stress and everything, don't take the job. Michael, Where are you and your Christmas shopping?
Speaker 4: I'm doing okay.
Speaker 8: I got to get all the stocking stuff or stuff. You're the little items?
Speaker 1: Tree up?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, tree's up.
Speaker 1: Trees up? Yeah, packages wrapped the ones that you do have. Are there packages under the tree?
Speaker 2: There are some packages.
Speaker 8: I still got a lot of rapping to do.
Speaker 1: Man, you're making me feel horrible, Katie, tree up, Nope, that makes me feel better. Good. There you go. Will there be a tree or a Yeah, it's going up.
Speaker 5: Husband's working crazy hours and unfortunately I can't reach it and I'm not going to risk falling off a louder or hurting my shoulder.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. You're one of those Jesus Haytan artificial tree people also allergic to pine.
Speaker 4: But we can go to Jesus Haymen if you want.
Speaker 1: That's a big difference. Hanson, Is your tree up? Gotta be? You got little kids? Tree up? Oh my god? Does that mean? Does that mean of course it is? Or hell no, it's not. He's got to go. Apparently it's not. So apparently this tree is not up. Oh wow, man, you got kid. I know I got kids too, and my tree is not up, and I feel bad about it. I should have a tree up. It should be decorated. There should be presents under the tree. It should smell like a nutmeg or something in my house, like you know, like in a movie. But it doesn't. Yeah, it will this weekend. We're going to go get the tree tomorrow and we'll get all that going, get.
Speaker 5: The inflatable snowman on the front yard so that you know that works.
Speaker 1: And then I got to wrap some presents because a tree with no presents under it, when you get this close to Christmas is just sad. I mean, it just makes a tear go down my CHEEKO. I've considered going artificial tree. I know they're way better. I'm a child of the seventies. We had among the first artificial trees. When I was a kid, and those were not very good. They were they did there was. It was a plastic stick with other plastic coming out of it.
Speaker 8: Yes, we went artificial after many years of buying a real one.
Speaker 1: Just cost too much. The price drove you there. Yeah yeah, I saw a kind of not particularly spectacular tree yesterday. Fairly small, got it. I think the boy scout a lot, and it was with the tacks and the little add ons and everything they do. I think it was almost one hundred dollars really. Oh yeah, yeah, I go. Ohh, So I go cut down a tree every single year with us all, and I will do that tomorrow and kids will start and then they'll get tired, and then I, as an old man, will be on my hands and knees cutting the tree, risking a heart attack for their joy. And then we'll bring it up there and then they shake it out and they wrap it and they put the stand on it. And once I get done with everything like that, it'll be dang near two hundred dollars for just like a regular sized tree.
Speaker 5: Man, you can get one that already has lights on it and just use that every year.
Speaker 1: Oh, the artificial trees have lights already.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you plug them in and bam, you're done.
Speaker 1: I feel like that takes away some of it. Isn't decorating the tree part of the whole thing. Get snacks and then like music and we decorate the tree. One time in a house I had which I had a double story entryway, I got a twenty foot tree, twenty foot real tree, which was spectacular. But man, that's a lot of work when that thing's done and you got to get it out of there and haul it away. And so hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty. Yeah. I wish I could have done it with the kids one time, the twenty foot tree, because that is something. We got one of those in your house. It is wild. Here's your host for final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from our what do we call you? Michael Technical director, Tactical director Michael Angelo.
Speaker 8: Michael, Yeah, I gotta get my Christmas movies going. Christmas vacation, elf. You know some of the other Christmas bees. Oh yeah, Christmas Story, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Right, got to do all three of those. Probably get going on that this weekend. Are you a diehard as a Christmas movie guy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the Katie Katie, the news Lady Katie Green.
Speaker 5: I met a listener the other day, and when he found out I was on the show, the only thing he said to me is I love it when.
Speaker 7: You guys play buy the dip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was his favorite thing.
Speaker 1: Why that's funny. I don't buy the dip. What is my final thought? Yeah, I feel bad as a parent that it's gotten this close. Bub. We'll get it up tomorrow, the tree, and then we'll decorate it and we'll have some snacks and play the music, and I'll get some presents under there, and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And I love the whole thing as long as I don't have to go to it to a mall, which I might have to do at some point. Oh boy, this time of year, you got you gotta be. Some people love it. Some people feel the Christmas spirit when they're parking. I do not. I feel like murderous rage. Homicidal rage is what I feel.
Speaker 5: It's really Christmas is getting slammed into everywhere you go, armstrong in getdy, wrabbing up.
Speaker 1: Another grueling four hour work day, so many people to think and one way to thank them would be the Armstrong in geeddy dot com and buy some merch. I don't know if you can get it in time for Christmas, but still worth by Armstrong in geeddy dot com. We will see on Monday. God bless America, Armstrong and Getty. And I'll just say this, I mean he's ignoring the Iranian mothership in particularly, so let's go with the public is going to demand something be done. The United States Air Force is going to shoot down says, oh Lord, you wanted sometown. We shut some down.
Speaker 7: You happy and again, thank you so much for saying bye bye.
Speaker 1: That was great Friday, you mother, Armstrong and Geddy