Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlett Food.
Speaker 3: So many gainers look at the green on that map, so many gainers to choose from. So get ready for Romain to interrupt me and add to my list. Having said that, I got to talk about EA Electronic Arts because that is your number one gainer in the S and P five hundred NASDAQ one hundred. Kind of ran into that spot after we saw that headline cross initially with a Wall Street Journal story, but Bloomberg also matching the reporting. Electronic Arts up about fifteen percent here at the close today. This as that story came out that this company is nearing a deal to go private. It would be a massive deal to go private. We're talking about maybe a fifty billion dollar leveraged buyout. It would be the largest buyout of all time, LBO of all time. This is scoring to people familiar again. We're talking about silver Lake said to be a part of that Saudi's public investment fund. So we will see ultimately that happens. But what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: Well, when I looked up, you know, anytime I see these deals, always look to see where they're ranked. I was actually surprised that fifty billion is basically the threshold for the biggest buyout ever potentially obviously if this actually comes to fruition, I mean you would think there would have been something bigger. But it was really that TXU deal. I guess. You know, way back when before Tim was born, I was.
Speaker 4: Thinking, I was like a forty five well adjusted for inflation.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about, like, is it KKR and Nibisco and least.
Speaker 1: Thirty one billion? I mean that's and that's a real dollar. I mean it's Tim's point too. You have to adjust for inflation. But still, and then you had, you know that forty four billion dollar Twitter buyout, which is a deal.
Speaker 3: All right, so ea, definitely on my radar. A couple of chip names I just want to mention Take two was up.
Speaker 1: Also by about five percent.
Speaker 4: There you go, so this is what happens. Funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten minutes later I get to the last one. All right, so chip names, let me go through it. We had Global Founderies and Intel both rallying Global Founderies up about eight percent, Intel up about four and a half percent. This is after again the journal Wall Street Journal report that the Trump administration is weigh a new plan to reduce US reliance on chips made overseas. So we did see some movement in particular in those two names. I also want to mention Pacar. It was a top in the s and P five hundred and Nawzak one hundred here at the close, up about five point two percent. It's a chrup maker, and it rallied after the President Trump anounced new industry specific tariffs that include a twenty five percent levy on heavy trucks and LSA. This company will benefit because it makes a lot of its trucks right here in the United States. US production.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Can you get them at costco?
Speaker 3: I don't think so well.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm going right now, because it was the worst performer in the S and P five hundred, down two point nine percent today. The company did report after the bell yesterday a mixed fourth quarter, including adjusted earnings per share and comp sales that excluded gas and FX that came in ahead of expectations, but analysts had high expectations. They said that the premium valuation versus its peers contributed to high expectations going into this print. Shares down today by about two point nine percent. OURH, they operate the restoration hardware chain of stores. Shares of furniture retailers, including RH tumble today. This after President Trum announced the US will enact new tariffs on imported kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, and other home products next week. URH, with the outspoken CEO, has already declined forty six percent this year. That was through yesterday's close. And finally, Klarna kind of been a mixed road for IPOs of late Romaine. Clarna fell three point eight percent today. Remembered iPod a few weeks ago about at forty dollars a share fell bolo the IPO price for the first time and increased competition, worries about interest rates. We spoke to the CFO of the buy now, pay later firm affirm yesterday, who essentially told us the same thing that Max Levchin told us a few weeks ago. The CEO of a firm, Yeah, everything looks good for us out there in the landscape. We're not seeing any cracks in the consumer.
Speaker 1: All right, let's check it on yields real quickly. Here a mixed bag, but generally speaking, yields did not go much of anywhere. You're looking at moves that basically about one basis point down on the two year up on the longer end of the curve. We should point out on a weekly basis though, we are pretty much higher across the curve as a lot of people now really starting to rethink whether we are indeed going to get fed raad cuts.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.