Speaker 1: We like to welcome you to another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast, and I'm big steal Jill. Y'all already know what it is. Today we got one of my homeboys. I don't like to use that word special guest, because the last few weeks we just had homies just happened to be here and we said, you know what, man, you're coming on the show. Today we got the homie Man, one of the illest lyricists on the West Coast.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He was part of the group that just came in. They din't just come in, man, they kind of kicked the door in, Man, the New West, Yes, sir, the New West.
Speaker 3: I remember it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of cats that was real sick about that. And I guess he don't need no introduction, so it speak Bishop Lamont, Bishop's cracking dog.
Speaker 4: To be here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what, we might as well go into that because we got two people here, because I know eight was very much. It was one of those dudes that was real vocal about what the fuck is these new niggas coming in talking all this shit.
Speaker 2: For all all, there's nothing personal against any particular artists or that I've never had any drama, so to speak, with any new artists. I love any artists coming up out the West Coast trying to uplift what we have as far as music and the foundation of the West Coast, you know. But as you know, some of us old cats, we just had a took it a little a little offensive by saying new West because we felt like we were all West as a whole and what was changing as far as new artists coming from the West Coast, we just wanted to keep it West Coast, you get me. But no disrespect to none of the new artists representing the West Coast, because let's face it, you all got it. We all gotta advance, and we all gotta uplift whatever is coming out of the West Coast and representing us as a whole, because you know, a lot of people kind of write us off every now and then when we tend to not follow the trendy shit or try to follow what's going on as far as hip hop concern.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Message, But first off, thank you for bringing up this conversation, because to have this conversation with you of all is a blessing because we never had that back then. But the first misconception about the New West was thinking that we was excluding our big homies, our peers. We were saying New West for anybody never got an opportunity. A nigga could be fifty something years old. You could have been the Ghost Riders or the producers, whatever it was behind these other people were tired of being stepped on and used.
Speaker 3: As X, Y and Z.
Speaker 5: And so that's what that rebellion was really about. And it was only targeted at those that was hating on us. And that was Ice Cuban snoop at the time. Okay, clearly that's what that was, and it was it was. It was crazy to see it happen, and I never I never knew that exactly.
Speaker 2: Y'all felt like why did you feel? Because I never you know, like I said, when it came to guys like you, I knew what you was about, Enmanship. You know what I'm saying. Uh, you you put your work in. You know a lot of the homies you knew about Bishop. You feel me so.
Speaker 3: And I was your.
Speaker 5: Biggest fan because I lived off climart and a laundry. I would be up at West Park and I would be down there at the liquor store.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen you.
Speaker 5: So there's a difference with the real ones that we look up to and then others.
Speaker 4: That was like, no, fuck that.
Speaker 5: What we were frustrated about, though, was that why do we have to keep going through this concentration camp. It's not a thing of an institution. It's a thing where I'm gonna use you for all your right and take all your styles. I'm gonna use you for all your producer ideas, your fashion ideas well. Once I've drained you, then I'll release you. But what would you look like? You'll look like a replica? So why do we have to partake that way? We are down to work with y'all. That's what we were doing. But when you don't want to pay us, or you don't want to treat us right, or you don't want to you don't want.
Speaker 4: Us to have our space.
Speaker 5: I remember when Snoop told me on the phone after it was done, shouts out to doada in and day one for making that happen. But he put us together on the phone and he was like, I want to apologize for what went on with that, but I just felt like it wasn't your time to be on the court.
Speaker 4: Yet, you know what I'm saying. It's the little homies, And I said, I understand.
Speaker 5: That, but it isn't your right to tell us that if we can ball you up on the court, it's our time, just like when it was your time and y'all had to bust out from under easy. Even though we didn't like the way that went down, that's what happened because it was like a civil war to us because we fans of everybody, so that's not what the New West wanted. My principles was based on like the barbershop picture, the on reaching over the wall. I believe in bunch of Carter. I believe in Fred Hampton. You understand the principles of each one teach one in reach. That's the movement, because the more people we put on, the more.
Speaker 4: Power we have.
Speaker 5: Like the South, we was losing more niggas was having to run to the East coast and get signed the East Coast labels instead of having it thriving on the West coast and having all this talent in our backyard so we can fortified things and do it better than niggas did it before. That's what it was supposed to be about. But then ice Q started saying so much shit and.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I just went real left and they started picking sides, sninking it was a agism. No, this is about niggas having an opportunity to shine. All these niggas that never got credits on albums, that never got their names on what they wrote, that never saw no royalty checks. Fuck that, we knocking down the doors. I'm up at the beach trying to get every nigga on the radio, Twala. As Twala asked Dorsey Fuller, I was. I was trying to get everybody through the door. We go to Power six. I'm telling you, man, listen to all these niggas. Why an't we playing West Coast niggas? That was the New West movement. Kiki Loko was with us, All Blessings, all kind of people was with us, Little ice Cube, I can't remember all the cat that was with us, Dale Ron so many OG's was was Jazzy. Jazzy Blessings to Jazzy was navigating me. I had counsel with Elders. I wasn't going against my heroes.
Speaker 4: So that's it. I'm gonna stop. Thank you for this. I ain't even thought about that ship year.
Speaker 2: I should definitely feel that because as a as an artist coming up in that time, I never, you know, felt like I was even on that you know, Ice Cube Snoop Dogg level.
Speaker 3: I used to. I never reached out to nobody's camp.
Speaker 2: You feel me Like, I guess just from day one, I just like felt like, fuck it. It was just me and Chill and Slip and I'm not gonna try to give a demo to Cube. I'm not gonna try to give a demo to Drake. I'm like, I'm like, fuck it because I came up off hood mentality. It was just me and the homies in the hood, fuck everybody on the outside. So I never looked to go get discovered by nobody else. So you know, did I feel like, damn, come, I ain't you know the Ice Cubes And I come like I felt like at a point, like what Nigga's blackballing the niggas because I'm spitting the same get on fucking tails and I'm fucking preaching about the tales from the hood, and you know, and I wasn't about you know, let's go to the club and party. I was about like niggas getting shot on the blocking and.
Speaker 5: Let's say this on top of that, how dope is it when we looking at can it all be so simple? And your ass is right there with Wu Tang, then you're on the y'all remix.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of respect from East Coast dudes.
Speaker 5: But that's how dope you was, and they recognized it, and we saw that like he on he he universal.
Speaker 2: I got that was shot out pre boat shout out Wu Tang, shot out old dirty, I mean, shout out uster, sir, our motherfucking Pete Rock. Like I fucked with a lot of East Coast dudes. I know, not that you know. I didn't fuck with my West Coast homies, but like you said, I seemed to got more respect from you MC Coast dudes, and.
Speaker 3: That was me m C eight.
Speaker 4: I know what it is. I know what MC. When I hear him rhy, I'm saying I studied, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: See, at that time, the West Coast suffered really bad from like what I call a quoted down syndrome. Everybody that ever came out the West Coast that was successful, came up under the n W A family tree, right. You know, they were either byproduct of doctor Dre. They were either a byproduct of ruthless records they feel from that bring as a matter of fact, Above the Law had Snoop before Dre did. Yes, they had you know Snoop and Warren. They was messing with above the Law and they kind of took the whole g funk thing over there, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to Dre.
Speaker 5: And that's how we used to have a lot of credit. We used to talk on the phone about it. Hutch was put me up on all that in the real history. That's why it was so weird when you know, all this stuff happened with Easy and all that. But that's what happens with business and stuff goes wrong and it's the wrong people in the mix. But yes, but that was the problem because imagine, why does everybody have to come under the.
Speaker 4: Umbrella of just these individuals.
Speaker 5: Let people go be their own people, because it's like a molestation situation. They want everybody to get fucked No, learn from the mistakes and let other people do better. Get off that sick disease and stop handling that down. We need more success here. A lot of our young cats that were on their way to success got murdered. Think about the.
Speaker 4: Young cats we had. Was it to teach me how to dugy.
Speaker 3: That blessed big?
Speaker 5: Why so it's like you think about this and opportunities and how big these songs are going, and what can change these children's lives and their families lives, and how big we can go. It kept getting knocked down. That was a whole other aspect of it. We got to push and be able to get people other places. But you know, when we go to Capitol or we go to death jam, are you down with doctor Dre? Are you down with Snoop? Are you down with so and so? Why do we gotta be down with anybody? Why can't you just listen to the demo? If you ain't got no affiliations with any of those houses, they don't want to sign you.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of that back then.
Speaker 2: That's almost I was fortunate enough to like sneak in the side door. When when Easy and Dre and them started cracking. You know how the labels due they sit up and.
Speaker 3: Go, oh we gotta ooh, that's cracking. We need to find one of them.
Speaker 2: It was fortunate enough that I had a motherfucking you know snake who was able to snake his way in and.
Speaker 3: Use the shoulder rubs.
Speaker 2: He knew from oh I know this cat, I know this cat, and I know this cat. Listen to these cats, you get me And they were like, oh so to them, it was like we got us one of them, Like we didn't actually fall from up under the easy umbrella, but like a motherfucker was breaking in the house and they left the motherfucker's side window. We was able to climb through the side window before the whole trickle down of you know, oh do you know easy, Yeah, you know Dre do you know snoop or cube or you know. We was able to get a deal off of that, and fortunate I was able to build off of that to where I didn't have to wait to come up under the the easy Dre cube umbrella. I mean, because let's face it, that was the West Coast. You fell up under those umbrellas. It was that in the area was like holding on the gallows, and we.
Speaker 4: Missed the opportunity with them.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't support them when that high move was moving big if we can just unify, we could put a stranglehold on ship like the South did, like the New York did.
Speaker 4: It's time for us to get some rings. That's what the New West was about.
Speaker 3: You know how we are.
Speaker 2: But it's just how we are as far as and that's unfortunate for us, as far as you know. And I don't know if you want to put that on neighborhood ties or I don't know what it is, but as far as with the West Coast, we just can't do that ship, and we should, you know what I mean, We just I don't want to see that, and I always want to ask. It's funny because if you did come up under a nigga, you not fitly get with that nigga, get you feel beat message all you go. I believe be subject to be held up under a certain level. If you sign to a motherfucker, the big dog, I don't want you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You got as much talent you probably you probably could. You probably could lap a nigga on the on the track a couple of times. And so if the big dogs see that, they're probably gonna do whatever is in their power to keep you at a certain level. You ain't gonna get as much promotion. You're not gonna get as much radio play. You're not Instead of seeing the vision of I can promote this nigga, I don't give a fuck. I sell platinum, So what if he selled double triple platinum. That's more motherfucking money and my motherfucking cut. Because I'm a businessman.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, man, I'm at the speaking how could you How didn't you wind up on Ruthless Records? I didn't wind up on Ruthless because at the time, like I said, my mentality was on some neighborhood shit.
Speaker 2: So Easy and them was from the East side of Country. I was from the West side of Content.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I just always had my own identity because of gang banging and shit. Everything was about the hood. So when it came to music and and doing shit like that, like we like even though we was crip niggas, it's like they was from over there.
Speaker 3: We from over here. So I didn't. I I never pushed like all easy, sign me, sign me nigga.
Speaker 2: You know we hard we see him dub you know, me and Chill woof the wom nigga, I just said fuck it. And me and child just got to making demos in the garage with the homie and I started rapping about the hood, nigga hood, this hood, that hood, this hood that. So when it came time for us too ready to get busy, we went like everybody else went.
Speaker 3: We went to lonzo Route. You get me.
Speaker 2: I went to I went to Lonzo's with some other niggas and a known happened to be there.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 2: And like I said, when when you when you when you got that mine of you know, greediness and you know shit, and then you know.
Speaker 3: It's the nigga that's talent right there right.
Speaker 2: And then you see the for ma, you see the formation of Okay, easy cracking right now, that easy e shit and that that ship that Linzo in them was like fuck now they sitting up like these motherfuckers is taking off. So just imagine a little seventeen year old cripp ass height come walking through the door. You know what I'm saying, And I'm like, nigga, the hood, this nigga hood that and fucked the one times nigga we sipping Thunderbird to block this and block that them niggas was like ding d.
Speaker 3: Feel me.
Speaker 2: So like, that's how I didn't go to the easy because Unknone was like, hen, come on, nigga, we can't nigga. I can't take.
Speaker 3: Belling through nigga.
Speaker 2: This motherfucking motherfucking blue Timbot boots on nigga, the khaki suit, the sweatshirt. Nigga came in that motherfucker spitting about nigga on the west side of camp. The niggas trag new and Blue this and woofy wo them niggas was like, oh shit.
Speaker 3: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: Aknone was like shit, hey, what's your name, little nigga? And this is DJ Slip and Woofi Woo and the rest was history. That's how I didn't come up because they was already like they already had labels. A No had Techno Hop, A No had all the hood shit. A No one had keen t he had ice tea he like he had the hood shit. So and I used to listen to those records and buy those twelve inches, sir.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: I used to buy that little yellow twelve inch with the red white and tech No Hop. So when that nigga was like, yeah, that's my label tech No Hop, I'm like this nigga no ice tea six in the morning. Message this nigga no keen t payback to mother and if you're from compting, you better bring the gun. I'm like this nigga know the niggas, So of course I was like a fucking with this dude. And that's how I didn't fall up under Ruthless. I fell up under Tech, No Hop and Unknown.
Speaker 1: But you know, same shit, And that's crazy because when you think back on it, Easy was poised to have. If he wouldn't have had them cats wouldn't defected from Ruthless records, right, he would have won.
Speaker 3: That was Snoop, Warren g and all of them possible.
Speaker 2: But if they all because but you gotta understand this is what I say, and I'm sure you done went through it because we all have. You get fucked when you come into this business and it just trickles down.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 2: This nigga fucked this nigga, so he learns how to fuck this nigga. He learns how to fuck this nigga, and so on and so on and so on. You never have a motherfucker who go you know something, this nigga write all his shit he produced his shit.
Speaker 3: Whut he won't.
Speaker 2: I don't do nothing but put his shit out. I'm not finna take ninety percent of his money. I'm finna give a nigga his money and then we gonna built like that because this nigga gonna introduce me to this nigga, so I'm gonna do the same. And now you're sitting up like, motherfucking what's my nigga who was from Arrows? Or my nigga Berry Gordy or.
Speaker 3: Get me? Because you you you, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta learn you Sometimes you have to be good to the artists.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you got to.
Speaker 2: But sometimes, like I said, when you come into this rap game, I don't give fuck who you are. From the time you start, you're gonna need a manager or producer or a fucking independent label or production company or whatever. And then they gonna sign you and you naive. You know you want to get in. It's your dream. I wanted like I was naive. I didn't know nigga. I was seventeen y years and what motherfucker, I'm on the block selling crack nigga. Nigga contract nigga here, I don't know ship nigga. You might well like the easy video, Nigga, you probably had to be a fucking forty out to put a big rope on my deck.
Speaker 3: And Nigga, what the game? I don't know. Ship, Nigga taking your money for this? He taking your money for that.
Speaker 2: But I'm my dream is like my nigga biggie said, I see my name on fucking right on magazine. I see my picture, Nigga, Limos is coming and pick me up.
Speaker 4: And Ship.
Speaker 2: I'm walking around Sony music and ship like that, and niggas is treating me like, oh hey, hey, nigga, I'm walking through grabbing all kind of fucking CD.
Speaker 3: Ship, going through the cabinets.
Speaker 2: I take this micro, I take this sharp day, let me take this open and found cabinets. Feeling Nigga, I'm feeling great. Talked about knowing you're getting fucked like a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's don't know.
Speaker 2: You go, your dream is to be something other than what I was.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 2: I was motherfucking riding beach cruisers through the hood, sweating niggas and fighting school, ditching school, and and I had no vision of nothing. Rap came along and the nigga handed me a fucking like I said, a forty ounce in the gold change.
Speaker 3: It was over with what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So you know, it's thank you for this unfortunate man that that we on the West Coast have this. You know, look down or don't want to congratulate or even help the accomplishments of a nigga who might be better than you.
Speaker 4: And that was the pack that we made.
Speaker 5: That's what the New West was me Mike Stroke Glasses, hym Bochy Lok. I forget who always sitting at battle cast Mama's house, But I said, whoever gets signed first, then we get the next person signed, then we get the next person signed.
Speaker 4: That's the way it works.
Speaker 5: I got my shot first because what I did was when I made a mixtape, I made sure everybody was on it. He pulled our money and put it was called who I Got to Kill to get a record deal?
Speaker 4: And then I snuck up inside Interscope and in the meling room.
Speaker 5: He slipped it in with their promotional shit, and it got everywhere, and I said, they gonna pick somebody. They might not like all of us, but that shit started to trigger and opportunities happened. So I got signed the aftermath. But when I was going to my final meeting with Dre, I brought Glasses just to make sure, let's put another face in front that's supposed to be coming next. You never know what can be advanced with this situation right here, and he'll get more familiar with Glasses.
Speaker 4: But on with the show.
Speaker 5: Then, when Glasses was meeting with jay Z, I was there for that meeting to make sure I could support him at death Jam and everything we did to make sure it was right. Now, if you keep doing that with each artist, making sure they got good lawyers, making sure they got good counsel, making sure they start staying away from all that bullshit so they can really succeed. Look at the difference that happens. That's all the New West was to be, and it's still gonna be that. So that's the energy though, because we shouldn't have to go through that same frustrating shit. A lot of people ain't here no more. It took their souls, It destroyed them, you know what I mean. It sucks, and their health was so bad that they gone when they deserve to be so wealthy. So that's the energy for me, you know what I'm saying, it's still doing that work.
Speaker 4: That's it. Holy Water.
Speaker 1: Ask you man, how much writing did you How much writing do you think you did that time that you didn't get credit for so much?
Speaker 4: But remember you paint the picture.
Speaker 5: What was passive feak like when we was when I had to do all the detox sessions. Everybody was up there. It was cracking bringing everybody together. You see what I'm saying. On my budget though, because they didn't have no budget anymore, everything was shut down.
Speaker 4: So I signed here, but I'm I'm getting.
Speaker 5: My budget fucked for this. But I can't put my own album out. So I gotta keep putting my album out as a free mixtape because I keep getting turned down for a release date.
Speaker 4: But my shit's on fire.
Speaker 5: If I didn't do that, I would nobody would ever know who I was.
Speaker 3: What do you think I mean? Your progress over there?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Jimmy Iveen Because Jimmy Iveen wanted detox. He didn't give a fuck about nothing else. And that was dre stress and it sucked because I'm gonna support my bro to the end, and that's what I did. But at a certain point, after being on a label for five million years and your Granny just dies, and you feeling like a failure because you can't be where you need to be to take care and things because you kind off track from when you should have been out. It just frustrating and it can go dark. But I loved my brother, but there was so much that he had on his back and shit to deal with that. The headphones and all that shit blessed and made it better, but there was so much that that business. When the business comes into it, it fucks everything up. Because the fun we'd have in the studio, the ship, me Andre would do everybody, Mark Batson focused the whole movement.
Speaker 4: Bust to everybody.
Speaker 5: We're doing hip hop shit, Let's do some great You saw what we was doing. We got everybody at pass the feet lady your rage, Pete Rock when he was k dot Jay Rock because the first day Jay Rock got arrested because he didn't have a license, so then Kendrick had to drive him there.
Speaker 4: Everybody was there. Tarry Smart.
Speaker 5: Think about all the people we had there writing. I wanted to make sure all these people was involved. Even when Crooked was still with death Row and people didn't want to deal. I'm sorry and deal with and deal with. I said, how we gonna do some West Coast shit without crooked. Never, I'm gonna go get crooked. I'm gonna fight for this shit. I kept fla I caught so much flak for this shit I was trying to do for niggas.
Speaker 4: But it's all right, that's on my back. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: No, No, Bishop, explain the people out there, because you said it came out your budget. You had to spend over a quarter million dollars up in there.
Speaker 4: I don't look like he said.
Speaker 5: I was aware of so much from reading Kashif's business book is Different shit and hearing horror stories because I was ghostwriting way before i'd signed The Aftermath. I think Kim Rock Kim and Joe Beaeste was there at the time, and I got put into do some ghostwriting. So I started becoming aware of the system and what goes on, you know what I'm saying. As I moved around the industry, so I was already familiar with a lot of how bad business can get done. So I came in with my eyes open. I had to switch lawyers twice because they was in cahoots all kind of shit.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I always believed in being the spook that sat by the door, you know what I'm saying, Because we gotta learn, we gotta be better. Bunchie Carter is my hero, Malcolm X is my hero. Harry Belafonte rest in peace, a true idol. But it's like, with that knowledge and that power through music, we can do so much more.
Speaker 4: So that's where I was at.
Speaker 5: But when you're dealing with them places like that, it's gonna go left on you, especially when you know too much. So me being too smart was the real problem. And then me being too spiritual because I'm praying over all my males. In that industry, you have people that will be mad at you for praying. Imagine that. So then I'm like, how can I how can I be a part of something if this is the enemy of God. When you got presents like that, that's when they can go wrong. And I started getting tainted with demons and shit. I shouldn't have been around. I'm hip hop. Dyla was supposed to be a part of my album, you know what I'm saying. I was trying to put Dylan Dre together, and Deyla passed proof got killed. It was horrible. It was just curse after curse. It just got dark over there. It was crazy. I never talked about that shit.
Speaker 3: It's us.
Speaker 4: So we churched, you know what I mean, We testify it is what it is.
Speaker 1: We leave back a few episodes eight and then and we were sitting up here having a conversation just about the industry, and they was even saying that when gangster rap first came out, people were kind of scared of it. They backed away from it. Then you had the whole ice teeth thing, the cop killer thing. People really hit the panic button. But then it started coming around again. What happened was you had the rise of dra and Snoop all this other stuff. So gainst the rap is back in vogue now, right, it's commercial now. At this point, eight was saying that they pretty much go out and look for a certain kind of artists and if he's not that type of artist, they want to mold you into that.
Speaker 3: Type of artist, absolutely because they they know that.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, like you know, you had the Takashi six to nine situation, you saw the whole thing that happened with that. You started getting a lot of people just kind of coming in under this false gangs, the pretense, because that was with that's what's polarizing people, that's what gets people engage. How much of that did you see? People just trying to just lead you down the path of debauchery.
Speaker 5: That's all there was, Just like the Pinocchio. It's a Pinocchio cartoon, you know what I'm saying. When they go into the taverns and they lure all the young boys in, this is where all the temptation is. This is where all the manipulation can happen because they know you don't know what you need to know. That's why part of the designer the label was to make sure the artists died young or their careers go left and we pull out the greatest hit so you can't have a career after us because we don't want you to succeed. That's always they shit. So it's like no thank you, but that's all they pushing. You see people jumping out of windows with their lives now because they are part of propaganda and they're being told to write like this and dress like that and become this character. And so they forfeit they soul and now they can't go home and don't even recognize theirself in the mirror, but all the fans think they're amazing and this and that. These motherfuckers are to blow their own brains out. There's a price to this shit. There's a cost for this shit. It's not all, you know, the glamorous shit that's I mean. Sure, man, the devil is real, so you know what I mean. The discipline is the stay where you're supposed to be and let your blessings come to you as they're supposed to. That's why I backed the way I got. I got ghosts. I do anything for Dre anytime whatever. With the music blah blah blah. We pop up when we need to jam whatever. But I like being in a peaceful place. I like being able to creep music purely from the heart, you know what I mean. And I had that ship hanging over your head with somebody telling you, no, you gotta wait to come out, you gotta wait to do this. Man, ain't no time to wait. Our days are numbered always. We don't know when it's going in.
Speaker 4: We gotta put out as much music as possible, that's for sure. Hodly Water Splash.
Speaker 5: Now we can make it more positive, happy, I'm sorry but I shared that. But but artists out there need to know this shit. It's not all glamor and glitch.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of weird stuff going on and pays a lot of weird stuff. We've had some off the record conversations I won't really bring up, but it gets deep.
Speaker 3: Bomb.
Speaker 1: You know one thing that we will talk about. They're always you know, on the internet, you find a bunch of stuff, a lot of us bullshit, a lot of us lives right, but it's some stuff that kind of got like a little hint the truth to it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You hear about these weird parties that these people be having. You hear about these weird parties be having where people be congregating, and just kind of as the night goes on, it kind of just get weirder.
Speaker 5: I say, like pimc Ew, Yeah, you know, I ain't know where you're going.
Speaker 3: It gets to be a bit much.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, man, because you know when you come from the streets like, hey, I'm pretty sure you don't saw some shit because I know your ass ain't gonna talk about shit, but he ain't gonna say a word.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm smart, i'mpleting the fifth I pleaded the fifth. You know, I ain't seen shit.
Speaker 4: Right, ain't seen ship, ain't heard shit, you know.
Speaker 1: But without naming names and all that stuff. Man, how much weirdness did you get to see?
Speaker 4: Though? Too much weirdness?
Speaker 5: That's just when you when you at the biggest label in the world and everywhere you go. I was in Miami for like too much with Scott Storch, So imagine what that was like down there. You know what I'm saying, I've seen some ship. I mean, we throw parties in k fans how shout out the k FED and Britney Spears.
Speaker 4: Mom is in the JACUZI wit ERUs.
Speaker 5: There's some crazy ship and keenan ivy wad is yelling at us over the fence telling us to shut the fuck up like it was movies. Man, it was. It was crazy shit going on. So the kind of parties I would go to would be full of tit tags, understand. So my weirdness was my first twos and threesomes, you know what I'm saying, and getting turned out to that ship in the in the in the studio because I never I never listening to the digital Underground sex package and ship, you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That ship freaks the industry.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's going, but not like that, but yes, like that. So thank you doctor Dre. Thank you Mark Batson Fitness. So you said you a little bit of fun.
Speaker 4: Man, I had too much. I had too much fun, a little bit of fun and I am raw dog king. Didn't you understand me?
Speaker 5: I played Russian Roulette with my dick something awful and I loved it.
Speaker 3: Especially from where you was at. Dog. Oh my god, man, it's a whole bunch of stuff like and.
Speaker 4: I was the monster.
Speaker 1: I was being a real nigga. Sometimes dog ain't good for business, right because it's so much stuff I got in my head, Dog that the fuck just got just spiling. But I will tell you this, there's a whole bunch of herpies running around that motherfucker. It's a whole bunch of HIV.
Speaker 4: Running around it.
Speaker 3: Get rid of human pappa loma and all kinds of shit.
Speaker 5: That's how I know God loves me because I should have had that ship.
Speaker 2: I was just jumping everywhere. Give it to me, and it's a whole bunch of something something to that.
Speaker 5: Because O D b Told me, I like it raw I got burnt once, but it was only got rhea, so I said, fuck it. Oh he did it in Chamydia, you know what I mean, that's all good, thank you, dirty rest in piece.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did that.
Speaker 2: If it was into the the I told you much to the crazy party shit, I can really vouch for that. I was the type of nigga that I didn't have females in the studio when I recorded.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't have party types like. It was just me and Slip and maybe a couple of hood niggas and that was it. I never, you know, went to the you know, like you said, the wild chacuuzie parties where you know, motherfuckers sniffing cocaine or just titties and shit like that. I've never been to those.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I was too motherfucking I was scared of that side. Fun to me was coming back home from off the road and being able to go to the neighborhood or jumping my lowrider or you know. I never experienced the wild side of being in the in the industry because I always was a I wasn't a people person.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I grew up and all I knew was niggas from my neighborhood. Like I was the type of nigga that before I started rapping, nigga, I didn't even go out of Compton, Like we didn't go to La and the Valley and Hollywood and shit like that. Nigga, I stayed in Compton. Everything you give me, you want something to eat, burger joints, Louis Burgers, churches.
Speaker 3: The fucker you wanted.
Speaker 2: Weed that was on the block, you know, the homies, and drink and pussy that was around the corner in the hood at.
Speaker 3: The home girl house, you know.
Speaker 2: And then when it was time to go to bed, nigga, I was at the career.
Speaker 3: Bet moms, what else you needed? You give me? What else did the nigga? So I didn't.
Speaker 2: So by the time I got to the industry life and you know, traveling and parties in New York and Miami and traveling and meeting people and motherfuckers be like, are we partying the night? Come to the after party? Wont through one? I let the.
Speaker 3: Homies do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I made the mistakes that my mother fucking ass back to the room smart and was like focused nigga, what time.
Speaker 3: The plane leave to get back to Compton. That was me. I made the mistake of going to one of them parties. Bro.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you mistake. We up in Hollywood Hills, you know, we deep up in Hollywood Hills. I'm over some people's house. This is when I was working for the publishing company, right, I wind up up there. It's normal at first, but then some of the people start to thin out, and next thing you know, it go from being you know, one hundred some people there that like, it's forty people there, and they start passing these trades around the room. It's different trades, and they passed me. I'm like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with It's the weed I got right in this drinking mind. I'm cool with that. So I asked, what is that shit? It's some other shit to come but to look real crystal last thing. Late, girls like, oh, it's m D M A. That was the first time I ever heard of that shit. But they were snorting and shit, and I didn't know. You know, I'm dumb. No, I'm ignorant to all that ship, you know what I mean. So when I tell you, dog, these motherfuckers start taking this they this Christal. It's like everybody in the room get a mask and everybody in the room getting weird except for you. Me and my homies. Get sitting there looking at this ship. Right, it's dudes leaving their girls to go kiss other niggas, and it's girls leaving them. It's like everybody in there niggas all all of a sudden, women start taking their shirt.
Speaker 4: Soft Dog.
Speaker 2: It was just like you remember that ship Truth Lies Wide shut of something vampire shut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you remember that one lady walk around, she get to shake and that ship motherfuckers to start fucking everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was like that, Dog, I'll look up.
Speaker 5: I remember that she was some kind of guy that was on HBO years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: Mother, just too much of adorable lives.
Speaker 4: Man, you're not normal, ship, Like you're not normal.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you some shit like that, like I'm gonna give a fuck nigga from comed and gang Bang Hard Nigga whatever, shit like that.
Speaker 3: I used to spook the shit out. Shoot you get me.
Speaker 2: Just watching motherfuckers in the hood off of shit that we were serving made me go I don't never want to do no shit like that, nigga. Look at this nigga, This nigga running in circles in the middle of the street, butt ass naggd off some wet or this motherfucker just talking to the like. After seeing shit like that on the block, I'd be like, nigg I don't know why niggas wanted.
Speaker 1: If you would have been at this motherfucking party, weed, if you'd have been at this motherfucking party, my nigga, you would be like me and not want to go nowhere, because I'm gonna tell you. And where we was at was weird because you know the house to be so big you don't know how to fuck to get out, yes, and you're trying to remember because you done went down some stairs and made a lift right there. So me and a hommy when we see motherfuckers start banging vicus on the wall, I say, oh, it's time to get the fuck out of there. So were trying to find a place, and we wind up in some little deep ass a cellar, like it's like a little thing, right, he's in the cellar, chickens was in some swinger and it's dark, right, And so a motherfucker looking for a light. We're trying to get out that motherfucker we don't remember how we came in. Is scary, and so we go to this one room dog it got a pentagram on the floor.
Speaker 3: Went to some eyes wide shin hell razor.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this. You know how that mouth ze was out there? You got them little windows on the side of the hill. Me and a homie crawled out the motherfucking window. Dog was on the side of these people's house walking. We were so scared. I had to walk way back around there. A dog came out and chased his dog. We had to walk and then walk up a big ass heel. I got to my car and chirped out, dog, I don't know where the fuck.
Speaker 3: We was at.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to any party.
Speaker 3: With you was at.
Speaker 4: That's scary.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 2: You got a run where they where they all wear the robes and ship dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's that goolies movie.
Speaker 3: But that's why your motherfucking asked what's scary?
Speaker 2: You need to stay out of a Hollywood exactly lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Niggas no parties like that.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker asked me, she will ask me to go to this album. Release my nigga, I'm not going to no more motherfucking party.
Speaker 2: Mother, and then clothed everybody up and ship and that's scary fire fire ships all over the water.
Speaker 1: Sleep when you're kindogram Because I saw a pentagram and they had like theseus on the wall with all these ship I was like, he don't know.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to get deckad and let him put you all the mother patterstal thing. Everybody come over, get the liqued hot.
Speaker 3: See the people don't know no dog. You know you said that. You know what they said.
Speaker 1: You know you said they tripped on you for praying, right, it's an element of Satanism, Satanism of that ship.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that was a scope. That was a scope. You got people that don't fuck with God and when you are.
Speaker 2: That A lot of that ship right now don't see it. They had like crazy you see it now. But then they turn around and say, no, I'm not worshiping or nothing.
Speaker 3: To do with Satan.
Speaker 4: It's a philosophy.
Speaker 2: But you know they dressing, they changing their eyes, putting in different this you and everything is fire and red and little pentagram shits and how they're saying it and they raps about Satan and all that and demonic shit, and then they'll tell you mind your business or ain't got nothing to do with that, like you just like motherfuckers think people are just totally blind to the fact of bullshit nowadays.
Speaker 4: Message.
Speaker 2: I remember when when hip hop was just hip hop, man, you know what I'm saying, motherfucker's just identified with the struggle of whatever it was, whether you're Black, whether you motherfucking Mexican, whether you're Asian. You know, hip hop was just hip hop, man, you know what I'm saying. A couple of breakdancers and pop lockers and shit niggas DJing and hitting up on motherfucking shit and graffiti and niggas spitting you know about the oppression of that was our music.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Now it's like all kind of shit that's involved, like hip hop ain't hip hop no more, Like let's kind of put that shit in some other category and shit, and let's leave hip hop to motherfuckers who truly or connoisseurs of what hip hop really means and shit. And I'm giving a fuck whether if you want to call it street rap or motherfucker's partying like it like you know young in see or if you want to be on the direction of eight and Dre and Bishop or whatever. And but hip hop just got to remain hip hop message. We gotta start putting so much dumb shit into into the music. You know that that that was ours. Motherfuckers want to take it so left right now, it's crazy hop.
Speaker 3: It's always mirrord with saying in the world.
Speaker 1: You know, hip hop has always been like a direct reflection that what was going on in the streets right and right now. You got some times and I'm not gonna get into it. Jar He told me to calm down a little bit. But we lived in the era right now. Bro to where if I came on this motherfucker next week with lines carved in my skin and some greenish brown eyes with the little pupil dilated pupils in there, and I put some gills on my neck, I can come up here and say I'm a lizard.
Speaker 4: Don't motherfucker lizard you identify as a lizard.
Speaker 1: Identify as a lizard, do not call me or I come up here with a bunch of tree bark on.
Speaker 3: What's my big group? Big group? I am groot And just said I am groot all day. Yep, I could do that. I am grout, I am groot. We have that right now.
Speaker 1: We live in that area to where I could become a tree. Yes, I can come on this motherfucker paint my skin brown and say I'm Mexican.
Speaker 3: I can come on and say I'm anything. I can say I'm that candle right there.
Speaker 5: You can say you're a candle. I'd like to see that and say you identify as a candle.
Speaker 4: We are living in a weird world right now. If I had the right.
Speaker 2: When motherfuckers say you rather to do it right there? Real light, yeah, real light. I ain't check this out. I don't have the right to have an opinion and say I don't like that, but they do. Yeah, you don't. I can't say nothing. If I say something what I tell you. Sometimes shit just can't be fucked with. Man, we had a great he left it there.
Speaker 5: He left it with a great hip hop speech that was beautiful, and then you went so where we're going though, So we gotta ral you back here.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna get real back.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Hip hop mirrors the world, yes, right, so what we're seeing the hip hop is just a direct reflection that what's going on in society right now, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, right right, like like you know, like you said, motherfuckers have the right nowadays to with hip hop.
Speaker 3: You can whatever.
Speaker 2: This is my this is my interpretation of what hip hop is to me. But then it's not hip pop to them. It's like, I don't know if it's an expression of their artistic you know, view or whatever it is. But like I said, from where I come from, there was no different identification of what hip hop was, you know, hip hop.
Speaker 3: You know what it was.
Speaker 4: It was either dope, it was what the fuck that was it?
Speaker 2: It was a it was a DJ, it was a motherfucking MC and and scratching whatever.
Speaker 4: Dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes, like I said, some pop locking or some breakdancing, and that was hip hop. You give me. It wasn't nothing else. It wasn't like, you know, I'm I'm I'm I'm gonna do this and call it hip hop or you know it is.
Speaker 3: It was what it was.
Speaker 2: So like, I don't know, with the transition of times, you know, people certain people start feeling like, you know, I want to change the game. Up and and it shouldn't be that way. Sometimes ship should stay original. Man, you feel me, don't fuck with the with the with the with the nature of things. You know what I'm saying, don't the nature of things? The ship is what they naturally should be. That's how I look at ship when.
Speaker 1: You talk about natural dog like we were talking about AI earlier, you know, shout out to Brian, our producer of the show. He came in and said, man, did you hear the biggie ship with the AI over the New York state of mind? It's ill, no man, what they can do with AI. And that's gonna cause a shipload of problems. It's cool to hit these rap verses, it's cool to hit these rap verses and different versions of songs and stuff, but it's not Can you imagine when somebody sends somebody a phone call in their daughter's voice, Dad, they got me.
Speaker 2: You know, I need you to send some money over here. Now they're gonna kill me, let me tell you so. And shit happened to my ship. Happened to my homie, uh, one of my homies, And shit, I call his phone fucking voicemail pickup right fucking and it's his voice. The motherfucker say, I'm not here right now, dowsing myself with whipped cream and rolling in motherfucking salted carol mail and nuts. He said, you don't even want to know what I'm about to get into, so hit me up later. I listen and I go the fuck. I doubted, motherfucking yeah it listen. The motherfucker like, yeah, dousing myself in whip creak.
Speaker 3: So I said, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: So when the nigga hit me, I said, nigga, what the fuck do you got on your answering machine?
Speaker 3: He said, what is it?
Speaker 2: I said, the nigga say some shit about you dousing yourself with whipped cream and rolling in salted caramel nuts. As soon as he heard me say that, he said, the fucking hold me Joe. He that got into my voicemail, and bro, I said, what the fuck is that? He said that Hoby Joe, that got into my foulded by voicemail and he done recorded and fuck it, I said, using your voice?
Speaker 3: He said, yeah?
Speaker 2: He said, what is it saying? He said, because everybody's calling me like, what the fuck is that? On your answer for SID? So I'm like, nigga, you got to go lit. He called me back and was like what the fuck? I said, Yeah, nigga, you're playing and whipped cream yourself cream, so like, yeah.
Speaker 4: You don't want to show what I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: That ship could really get you in some fucking hell. Yeah, just call the motherfucker's jump.
Speaker 2: About calling your motherfucking fuck your job or some imagine the motherfucker calling your broad or your nigga. Yeah, that would fuck you up. You get me on some ship, like some ship, a ship I've been fucking you up. You need somebody using your voice and call your girl and in the background acted like fucking the bitch. That's why the fucking ship is the bob listening to the ship. It's somebody playing. That's some fun. How do you get out of that call? It be like you, this is your voice and it say nigga, swear up it down.
Speaker 3: That is not me.
Speaker 5: And it's to be hard to understand if it's a real video or fake when you see these things, because it's gonna generate images as well.
Speaker 4: Ship, so it can, it can, it can incriminate.
Speaker 5: You with ship, just like the voices, So our eyes is gonna be playing tricks.
Speaker 4: On us that ships. Yeah, it's all kinds of ways it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Work, and it's not gonna be used for anything good. Message that's gonna be up.
Speaker 4: Dude, we saw a terminator.
Speaker 1: Well, the godfather of AI, Geoffrey Hen he recently stepped down from Google. He said that this goal it was he was warning them about dangers of a He said, he thinks to go destroy the world.
Speaker 4: It will.
Speaker 2: I mean, just imagine, I don't give a fuck business motherfuckers. You could be a leader, a presidential motherfucker. You could be the president of a bank and the motherfucker got your AI. Oh yeah, I need it out. There's somebody coming in. I need you out to their money at all kindage. Man, Come on, do you know what kind of it's the It's the easiest way to destroy your motherfucker if you ask me.
Speaker 3: Oh man, and can you imagine? Because up?
Speaker 2: But then, like I said, when people do shit like that, it's already thought of to where it's gonna be used to fuck up some shit. Never never like, oh, we could do so much good with this shiit automatically gonna be thought like, who can we fuck over by this shit?
Speaker 1: Listen to this the godfather of ay, I just quit Google and says he regrets his life's work because it can be hard to stop bad actors from using it for bad things.
Speaker 2: Get ready, somebody gonna use it or you would?
Speaker 3: Please don't these niggas no idea.
Speaker 2: Don't doubt yourself and with creeve this something.
Speaker 1: You already got something? How you chants out, you already got some sixty hero peen here here on mind talking time me up somewhere. Yeah, they gonna.
Speaker 2: Use the ship and be like I got something, y'all Yo tied theg.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna have your ass.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a nigga somewhere sitting deckon share with your faces.
Speaker 3: They gonna.
Speaker 1: You know, but check out what dudes said though, man, he said, it's hard to see how you can prevent the bad actors from using it for bad things. I console myself with the normal excuse. If I hadn't done it, somebody else would have. Hinton, often referred to as the godfather of AI, spent years in academia before joining Google in twenty thirteen, when it brought his company for forty four million. He told The Times Google has been a proper steward for how AI tech should be deployed and that tech Giant has acted responsibly for his part. But he left the company and made it so that he can speak freely about the dangers of AI. He said, you know, it could lead to more fake of frogs than content being created, and how the average person would not be able to know what it's true anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, that's the age, Renery.
Speaker 1: Well, he ain't right now because pretty much anything on the Internet, people take his fact now already, without none of this stuff, without AI, people already saying, well, shit, Bishop, they said that you fucked this fat biction.
Speaker 3: Over the you know, over the week or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know that you did this, you did shut out to the fat girls. I don't want to get nobody mad, so we go edit this all the shit.
Speaker 2: It's not a it's not a it's not motherfucker's job. It's not motherfucker's job right now to divert to to figure out what's true. Basically, it's just fuck it. It's our job to report the story first. I don't give fuck if it's true or not. I just want to be the first motherfucker to post or or or put it up, and I'll let everybody else figure out if it's true or not. You get me, It don't matter if a nigga got a fact or fiction, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: Fuck it Like, oh they said it.
Speaker 2: I mean, so it's it's gotta be subtrut because why would they say it? Like the days of proving if shit is right or wrong or true or lies is over with man, all it is. Motherfucker you go viral just for posting this ship. Look, I'm gonna be the first one to say, oh they said Bishop was blah blah blah, and nigga like, what the fuck? I don't even know who yet. Well, shitga, they said it. So that's what I heard. What I heard is what becomes your truth for you.
Speaker 1: And I tell you how fast that shit could twisted up. So I'm talking to Homie. Tyrant gets their Tyrann Turner. He says, you know, Tyron, how you talk?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Still, man, Uh, somebody just told me some ship that when the last time you've been in the fight. I said, huh. He said, because they said some dude name. Mom, they say some dude name. They said something. They said some dude named BJ or this thatt He tied you up and did this and that. I said, Bro, I ain't been in the fighting about fifteen years. I said, but that ain't true. It's not real. I say, yeah, that that was that Ai, but that was.
Speaker 3: You in somewhere.
Speaker 1: But they say it goes for me to getting tired up, to getting beat up just that quick. In in the universe, because people just believe any fucking thing.
Speaker 3: The story.
Speaker 2: You'll go from you got tied up to you got hung up till you got through in the trunk, to the story go from one person that one person. By time they come back to you, nigga, a nigga that tied you up, downs you and we creams you on video at your running behind the horse like niggas.
Speaker 3: Story go for.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you'd be like what the nigga was at home in the beds and working in this.
Speaker 1: She sets it.
Speaker 3: Nigga. Nigga said he tied you up. Nigga seits it and theig can had the aliens a duct you.
Speaker 4: Nigga.
Speaker 3: Aliens was up working in this.
Speaker 2: They were probing your ass and everything you was giving you was giving up all kind of information. Nigga's the information to the aliens it's over. That's why when you miss with this stuff, people ask me sometimes that see stuff.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I do research for the show on what we go talk about right, generally having me to talk about it, right. But motherfuckers believe anything. Before in journalism, you would have to go to two or three sources before you report on something. They wouldn't say nothing if you didn't have another source to verify with you, so they wouldn't run it because they didn't want to be.
Speaker 3: Looked at as frogs.
Speaker 1: Now a motherfucker, we just go online and say say they.
Speaker 3: They they don't care.
Speaker 2: Like even news channels do this shit now they real fucking just report a story off.
Speaker 3: Of no facts.
Speaker 2: It's not about a fact that, like you said, they used to fact check.
Speaker 3: I can't puck, I can't.
Speaker 2: Post the story, newspaper, nothing like that until we got one hundred percent fact check.
Speaker 3: If we post this story, we don't.
Speaker 2: Want to have to have a retraction, apologize or get sued by motherfucker now nigga, I saw a nigga blah blah blah. They don't give a fuck if it's a new fact or not. What we gotta do is report the shit first before NBC or ABC or WOOTI won't. We want to be the first ones to report the story, whether it's true or not. We want it just first on our platform, so everybody get to tune in in or whatever whatever. So so ship about truth and ship is that's been gone.
Speaker 4: That's gone.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 2: All I gotta do is start a rumor and motherfucker's gonna post that ship. They're gonna run crazy with it. True or not, it don't matter. I don't give a fuck. I can go outside right now say Nigga sky yellow and oh you hate said the sky yellow out.
Speaker 3: There, so it gotta be in the motherfucker are you down?
Speaker 2: And that.
Speaker 3: They said it's yellow? Nigga's really blue? Right now?
Speaker 2: Man, Man, that's if that's what you think for an hour ago theow.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's just how ship works, how the world works now, man, nobody wants to I don't want to know the truth behind the ship. The truth is boring, man. I'd rather you tell a motherfucking lie or make up some ship.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what.
Speaker 1: People are so thirsty for authenticity and what's real because they're not getting to think about reality TV. When they first came with that, it started becoming scripted. You know, I want you to get into a fight with him, where they would you know, they would actually coordinate little situations to happen, right, It wasn't real so right now, that's why you got people that. Look, if you look at it now, all the popular stuff is based on reality. You know from the show that Blue Face got with his girl that's blowing up.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 1: Everybody talk about it all the time. They just on there just doing the wildest shit, right, But people are so into that because people are so scared right now on the low they want escape in. It's something right now, what we're dealing with is a lot of escapism. People is davving into the dumbest, weirdest shit ever, right, and they believe in it because they lives are so fucked up. They rather live your life. You'll have a motherfucker arguing you down in the comments about some shit. He knows nothing about, telling you how you wrong, you did the homies wrong, don't know nothing about the situation, don't have no clue about it. But they worried and they really invested to the point to where they'll tell you how much they hate you. But they on the like clockwork every six thirty herolling, They ask you, they ask you, and God forbid, you give a motherfucker some attention, you gonna go back on there have ninety nine threads about some shit and them tell you, oh yeah, at two in.
Speaker 4: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, most of the time, a motherfucker just wants some attention.
Speaker 4: That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: I've learned.
Speaker 2: I've learned to avoid that. That's you know, it's just some people like shit. That's like you said, that motherfucker he making it a habit, Like you said, nigga gonna talk shit, and then like you said, the next day, same bat time, same back channel. He right there, like shit has become just so, it's just become so motherfucking fake and bullshit with people wanting to get noticed. That's what I'll say. We got a lot of motherfuckers who just want attention nowadays, And like you said, you give a motherfucker two minutes of fame by going back and forth comment they feel they then done something. Next thing, you know, they don't post your whole conversation on their page, like Look, I was going back and forth with Steele. That that made the highlight of they motherfucking day. They done sparked your attention. And now you're going back and forth with him and the motherfucker gona they gonna say that, Nigga, they gonna fuck you and all this shit, and you're gonna be fuck you back and won't you won't, And that motherfucker gonna be sitting right there showing.
Speaker 3: People you surping your energy for nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm a nigga with two followers and ship, and I got this nigga so pissed off. He's just nigga. Every nigga, Fuck you, nigga. You don't know me, nigga, fuck you niggas. That's that's making this highlight nigga. And they don't get me screen shot and all of it, and Niggy gonna post it big. Look he called me a motherfucker. Look right here, got a viral.
Speaker 3: Man I had.
Speaker 1: I had a dude that couldn't have been no more than sixteen years old. He's probably one hundred and twenty pounds, soaking wet. He sent me a thing saying, man, when I see you, I'm anna peel your scalp home. And I was just like, wow, turn wow.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Like, but you know what the world is under some kind of veil right now, man, The world is under some kind of like I don't not to get all spirits on this stuff, but it's under a deep minic influence almost right now, dog, and stuff is really crazy now. Like I was in the grocery store. I saw a little girl talking so crazy to her mama. And that had been my mama. It had been bit back in the hour five right, yea. She have to calling her mama like calling her mama a bix like bitch ill told you I didn't like no chocolate, Bichall told you to get this one.
Speaker 3: I'm like looking, I'm like, is this her homegirl or her daughter?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: And it's like she just talking to her mom crazy, and her mom just like, oh God, you're just so ignorant.
Speaker 4: You're so ignorant, like karate chopped to the throat. Would it came so fast? So ignorant? Man?
Speaker 1: And I'm like thinking, like when did when did we lose respect on this most basic level? We didn't well as a society though, because you see all kinds of crazy ship.
Speaker 2: That's the generations of of what what motherfuckers you know, with with with where we are as far as you know, with with the generation that's coming right now, the young kids and whatever. I mean, there's a lot of ship that we didn't do the kids do today, like ship out of never in a billion years got away with, you know. So I just put that on society. You know what motherfuckers see now, what they accept, what's acceptable, what's tolerated.
Speaker 3: And you give me and we.
Speaker 5: Gotta remember when government stepped in and started trying to police how people raise their children and how they get their children in passing.
Speaker 2: Policy Poe and knock the ship out of me with a fucking with a fucking phone message and tell you and minute, nigga, keep talking, I'm gonna pick up this god damn phone while here and knock you upside the motherfucking head like I'm gonna call the police or you.
Speaker 3: Out of her.
Speaker 2: Nothing but but phone rings up. You get me to parents.
Speaker 1: Sure told my brother when he told her he was gonna call the police or her, she said, you need to number to the corner too, right, because it's going down.
Speaker 3: I was raised by mother.
Speaker 2: I was raised by you know, my parents who you know, they came through that generation where it was hard.
Speaker 3: So I'm not finna play with you. Nigga.
Speaker 2: You think you're finna be on the wrong path and doing something with all the ship I had to go through just to get here. You give me of what I had to see my parents and grandparents go through. Nigga, I was slave they ship.
Speaker 3: Now you all right?
Speaker 2: Parents, you think you're finna be out here talking crazy to me and walking in a different path than what I was.
Speaker 3: And please, nigga, I knock you silly, nick.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's like for nowadays and kids be like ship, pull a motherfucking heed on you. That's what these kids nowadays like, I pull a heed on you or fuck.
Speaker 3: You or call the people on your ass because.
Speaker 4: Where they where they in your social services, they internship.
Speaker 2: They introduced that to the kids. Nigga, it was over the kid like what I could call them. She fought to whoop my ass from doing some ship I need now.
Speaker 1: I think we covered it last week, so I'm probably gonna need to speak on again. But they just passed the law Washington dog to where if your child wants to change identity said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't. You keep all going. No this nigga keep all going. Okay, listen, yeah that's all. Let's see if they changed identities.
Speaker 3: Right when I was I'm gonna hear you, hear you, hear.
Speaker 1: You, they changed identities that you don't have no rights and they don't have to tell you.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 1: Then I saw another thing to where if your daughter is in another state, of your daughter is thirteen and decides to leave with a grown ass man somewhere, you can't do a damn thing about it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, man, Yeah, shit is crazy. I'm not gonna touch on that. I'm gonna leave it to another time. But like I said, it seems like things that you know they're allowing or whatever. It's just a reflection of what people you know, truly have and depth of what they really want to try to push their agenda to. So, you know, we really need to think of welfare of the next generation, which is our kids, and where we want them to try to lead because a lot of these kids are going to be the next presidents and senators and police and lawmakers and whatever. So we have to be open minded to the way that the youth are raised and what they are, you know, what's accepted with the you know, with allowing the youth to participate in because you know, I'd raised my son on being a man, on being a father, on being you know, a contributor to society, having a family. You know, that's just the values I raised my son on.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at it like, I don't know if it's right to say this, but I didn't give my son a choice. You feel me, I didn't give my son a choice. This is what the fuck you gonna be? What it is, this is what you this is what's raised. You know, you gonna you know, you're gonna be a provider, You're gonna be a husband, You're gonna be a family man. You're gonna grow up on those those values used that I grew up on and my dad and his grandfather and whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, you know, I don't know where that line stretches with with a parent and you know, giving your child freedom and not wanting to be the hard disciplinary or wanting to be you know, the kids buddy, or you know.
Speaker 3: It's just though, man.
Speaker 1: Because the media's prisons is so strong and they can be very They influenced things because you remember, at one time, Donald Trump was cool with everybody, all the brothers.
Speaker 4: Everybody put him in their wraps.
Speaker 3: She would put them in their wraps.
Speaker 4: He was the coolest dude around Hungers on WrestleMania. He was in home alone too. Nigga was everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if people know this story, but Donald Trump a little black woman staying the Trump Towers for a long time time for free, because you didn't have nowhere to go. They called him and said, what do you want us to do with her? Kick her out? He said, no, she has no place to go, just leave her there. But I'll say that to say, you know, he's running again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Not surprised.
Speaker 1: No, he's runned again. And right now him, I kind of like him over our current president. But I don't want to get too much no politics, nothing like that. But you see what he keeps doing, keep doing what. No, I'm just talking about the general the politics thing. As far as the presidential thing, I don't know. I mean, people people, people have you know experienced Biden, We've experienced Trump. I mean I think I think I think in anybody's eyes right now on that aspect.
Speaker 2: And I don't do politics. I'm not a politician. I don't do none of that shit. But from the opinions of the people, some people would rather Trump be back than having Biden.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean like Trump controversial, Bishop, because I don't think I was seeing them controversial.
Speaker 2: I like how you're trying to go about it. Like I said, we know what we're talking about. As far as that concern.
Speaker 5: Political stuff is nonsense, you know what I mean. I don't even get into it because.
Speaker 3: We know I've never done.
Speaker 4: Nobody for us, nobody cares about it.
Speaker 2: I've always felt that I felt I don't know age one. Since I learned all the chol since I learned in school about good since I learned in school about history and the presidents and voting and all that ship and whatever. For as long as I've gone back and remembered each president has been, it has still been the same.
Speaker 3: When I grew up in Compton. Everything you think.
Speaker 5: That that president's making decisions on his own is foolish, so we understand what it really is.
Speaker 4: That's why it's some way.
Speaker 3: Watch it.
Speaker 2: Watch it by Bob again, watching my motherfucking live it and copt it and growing up and gang infested the hood and all that every four years when it was time, from the time I was four to eight to twelve to.
Speaker 3: The ship was the.
Speaker 2: Exact same as on Johnson Street.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Saying that you make your own choices, But what I'm saying is when you look at what it really is.
Speaker 2: You vote yeah, you vote right and tell us how I'm not speaking on myself. You vote okay, and you go down there and you mark the ballots and they tell you, okay, this issue and he's going for this, and this is gonna change this and this is so you mark all that shit down When you go home and you're watched, you sitting up and you're watching the polls and so and so on. Do you in two years look up and go all that shit I marked down as it benefited.
Speaker 3: Me at fucking all? Not at all?
Speaker 2: I mean, really think about it. You mark your ship down. You and the wifey and y'all mark your ship down when you go in there and you look up two years after you done mark that ship down and did all this ship? Are you looking up and going Ooh, that benefited me.
Speaker 5: That did because it's look up when you get out of fucking bed every morning and put on your clothes and jump in the car and come down here.
Speaker 3: Do you go? Damn all that ship? I'm marked down and voted for it.
Speaker 5: A god damn thing changed message and the thing I'm gonna add to that, the thing I'm add to that, that's what I'm adding you.
Speaker 2: That's my perception of voting for. What the motherfucker tell you. Oh, I'm finna change this.
Speaker 5: And they're not just the way you vote for them, and they act like they act like.
Speaker 2: They talking to you personally, Still it's for you, vote for me. I'm gonna do this for you and your community. I'm gonnas and I'm gonna do this. And a year later after you put that motherfucking off it, still personally, do you feel like, hmm, someone said they was gonna do this for me, They was gonna do this and do that. Goddamn But I'm still waking up every morning. I gotta pay this, I'm paying this, I'm paying this. I still gotta do this. I put my shoe on left right at a time, and god damn it, what has changed?
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 2: Do you feel honestly the ship that you have marked and voted for has benefited that you any way a year or two after you don't put a month fucking office.
Speaker 1: Well, I personally don't think the president has their own agenda.
Speaker 4: I think so he's gonna avoid saying no.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, no, it's the truth. Nothing happens.
Speaker 4: But okay, so that's what we said.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead, My thing off real quick. I believe that it's important. It's more important to voting the local issues. Yes, because I think that you can touch it directly impacts us. Yes, it directly impacts us. So the person who's the mayor of the city I'll live in, Yeah, that's going pack me.
Speaker 3: Are they going to fix this?
Speaker 4: You can go to town hall, city meetings or whatever.
Speaker 5: But what I want to say is when you talk about these presidents, you talk about these administrations.
Speaker 4: Two things.
Speaker 5: All that money they gave to the Ukraine when all the banks and the companies in Silicon Valley started falling apart. Look how quickly they replaced billions and billions of dollars. But when people needed stimulus packages, look how they've been doing, motherfuckers. Look at all the unemployed. They don't give a fuck about nobody. It's a game. And see and when you see that clearly, then it's a different way. You look at it through the lens that's all. Bless all them for the hustle that they're doing. But we know it's lies. Yeah, you know it's.
Speaker 4: Lies too.
Speaker 1: As far as the president goes like the White House and all that. Bro think about it when you start thinking about like all the money that they gave to the Ukraine and we got motherfuckers, you know, we got people laying out in front of thirty thousand dollars a month condoes down to right here, we can't get money too, but we got money for that.
Speaker 4: But bless the new mayor because she push him and I look.
Speaker 3: At the way.
Speaker 1: It's just the whole thing, and just from things they're doing with taxes quietly right because you saw what they just did the taxes. Like the person that may occasionally sell something their garage or something like that. Now they dropped the limit from it being twenty thousand, you know on ten ninety nine income to six hundred dollars. What's gonna happen to the little girl that's babysitting is getting money from you know, from people of baby fifty bucks here and there. The baby sits some kids. So now she's gonna have to go at thirteen or fourteen years old and fill out all these forms. And most people don't even know about this. It's people cash uping people each other right now. And at the end of the year, they gonna get a big ass ten ninety nine. Oh, you got an extra ten thousand dollars that you done made and you might have spent that ten thousand dollars on gas. It might have been for you doing something for somebody or something.
Speaker 5: And you're gonna see the eradication of the American dollar. You're gonna watch the whole motherfucker collapse. It's inevitable five to six years if we're talking about doing facts and real research. Yes, indeed, just the whole Oh, all this shit is systematically done. It's on purpose, it's on design. They destroyed the middle class. What they just want a working class system where they just pouring then the a leader here, Look how they're just taking away everything. The pandemic work two ways to cripple a lot of independent businesses, to wipe out a lot of competition. It's a lot of bullshit to that, not just some fucking outbreak. And then you look at what they're doing. So that's why I go again with people being evicted, with all the homeless in the streets, people without fucking jobs, but yet they talking about sending money to all these other countries. There's wars here, there's poverty, there's addiction, there's all kind of dysfunctional issues with our children. There's all kinds of shit that's got to be done. So that's why I say, if it's not with us street the street, block to block, it's not gonna get done correctly. These strangers don't know your refrigerators empty, they don't know your woes.
Speaker 4: They don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: And you wonder, though, you know I was talking about the taxes early and stuff like that, You wonder what are they doing with our text that was right? And you think it's becoming more and more frequent, right, because if you remember when we first broke off from Britain, they established the thirteen colonies, right whatever, right there? What did them in England go to beef over the tax tax right? Boston Bush tax?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So America and y'all correct me if I'm wrong with any point, because I'm not really versed on it. I know a little something, but not a whole lot. I do remember up into the First World War that there were no you know, personal income taxes, right, and they just put the tax in place just to fund the war.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: America has managed to stay in conflict since then. Yeah, somewhere on the planet. Somewhere on the planet. So it's just all a game thog.
Speaker 5: That's when King I think it was King Ferdinand and his and the queen got assassinated. That's what started that, with the with the with the Bolshek. I forget what it is, but that's how it started. Yeah, no, no, no, it's so much to that. Yeah, that's history. This tax American history is interesting. But remember this was supposed to be the colonizers for Britain and then they betrayed their own people and went rogue.
Speaker 4: So remember who you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they turned right around and did the same thing that they went to warld with Britain over there you go, just just twisted it back a little bit, just saying Okay, I'm gonna tax you now.
Speaker 4: Was that not white on white crime back then.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, now, if I give nephew, let's say eight, tell Karan a couple of his buddies to come over this weekend, and I got a couple of dollars for him before they go to school. Gets for cutting some grass, right, they cut the grass, I pay them some money. I'm supposed to ten ninety nine them now at the end of the year for foul.
Speaker 5: But that's how they're trying to crush anybody being able to get up. Think about somebody that's sick when they're on that much of a micro level to trying to stop anybody from even having any kind of trickle down effect.
Speaker 4: They want the fucking well dried because then what is there.
Speaker 5: There's the streets in prison, and eventually from the streets, it's gonna be prison. And since they privatize and they make money, it's an easier way contain motherfuckers. So it's great to have these tiny little homes and ship get motherfuckers ready to be boxed in more so, Yeah.
Speaker 1: For real, shit is fucked up now. So what you got going on now with your music though, how.
Speaker 5: You're gonna switch from deep ship like that and.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't talk because I don't want nobody snatch me up from one of them little vans dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's gonna happen to you too much.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna tie you up and down and keep him off of some ship. You know.
Speaker 2: I think they call keep hearing. He's doused in chocolate right now. Thank you, no, thank you? But uh what was the question?
Speaker 1: This this new amazing music that you've been putting together, They just.
Speaker 5: Don't die album. Man, it's my it's my best work ever. I'm just happy. I always come around when it's time. I don't never want to be out there just to be seen. I want to serve a purpose, you know what I mean with the music and with the energy and what it can create, especially in the times that's coming.
Speaker 4: So just don't die.
Speaker 5: As a mantra to tell people in every which way in spirit and mentality and hope and even in heartbeat.
Speaker 4: Just don't die.
Speaker 5: Because the ship that we're about to face, the ship that we have to do already.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be worse.
Speaker 5: So I want to create music to be a soundtrack to real life. And so that's that's the ship. And so I've been blessed with my ogs. Chuck D on the album Iced Tea on the album, Exhibit on the album Too Short, KD.
Speaker 4: Get This Man on the album.
Speaker 5: But it's it's my greatest work and it's and it's the it's gonna move, it's gonna move, it's gonna touch people, it's gonna do what it's supposed to do. So I'm just excited to to to really serve the right way. So that said, I'm just getting ready to put out a lot of great music, connect a lot of dots, and just try to create a lot more unity and healing. The same shit I started with I'm gonna finish with. It's very necessary on all levels. And so when you find your purpose and what you know your heart beats for, that's what I'm committed to. You know what I'm saying, because with music, with the push of a button, we can change motherfucker's minds, motherfucker's changed their lives. Motherfuckers take our words and take them to the wind and move so with the blessing like God with the word is powering that I.
Speaker 4: Don't I don't play with it.
Speaker 5: I learned that from being on the major because you don't know what people gonna do with your music.
Speaker 4: You feel me exactly.
Speaker 5: So I'm very mindful what I'm creating and what the gift that God has given me.
Speaker 4: So that's it. It's just some real It's dope, that's it.
Speaker 5: I've been busting my ass to make sure it's my best work. That's why it's been taking so long. I want to make sure it's something great for people. I'm not trying to take people's money. I'm trying to give people something, soul protein. I'm trying to give people something.
Speaker 1: You for sure got some stuff on it, man, And that's why it's dope having you on this episode because I know you have a deep train of thought and you probably you're probably the only person I know that reads more than me. Shit glasses glass reads a lot, last reads a lot because I prefer reading over the actually looking at television.
Speaker 5: And I love having the you know, it's just like being MC. You want to write in a notepad because in pages is something else to turn them. It's the same thing when you have a book and you put notes in, you know your highlight. There's a relationship with books the same way with a DJ and carrying Crates. Back in the day when I was paying dudes, I was carrying.
Speaker 4: My homeboy DJ. For reals, Crates, you know what I'm saying. It's it's a it's a it's a it's a rite of passage.
Speaker 5: When it comes to knowledge and researching, it's not just googling some ship. I remember when I wanted to learn big words, I had to just be in the fucking dictionary, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like that the energy of what books.
Speaker 5: Give you, man, and then in a backpack, the motherfuckers make you strong.
Speaker 4: I got a backpack full of books. But it's so key to be.
Speaker 5: Educated, right because a lot of ship that's out of print will have more to purity. So you got to go for a lot of a lot of different references to really get to the truth. And and that's a lesson from John Henry Clark, you know what I mean. Sure of of learning that shit is necessary and shout out to the last bookstore.
Speaker 4: Down in the church, that shit is amazing.
Speaker 1: That it is amazing. You remember going to the mall. You would see a bunch of bookstores and me, you know, my wife go shop and I always just go in the bookstore, and I would look at the magazine a little bit. I would look at the source a little bit, look at the source and see what they have popping. Then I would go I would buy an issue with a source. I used to take that with me. Then I would go find a book, like you know, that's where I found Behold a Pill hor So, yes, well, you're mate, Cooper. What's my other one? Illuminati six sixty six, all those books, you know, those different books. That's my preferred reading list right there. I'm in all the strange and stuff because I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of stuff we don't get told.
Speaker 5: Ancient coushatte empire, it's all kind of stuff. Yeah, but it's like that's where the knowledge is about the ancient Morris. But but that's why readings so dope. But it's just as an emc. It's the same thing when you studying records and you're watching show performances. You know what I'm saying, You researching and studying like a scientist, you know, every which way. That's just the way I believe in it because that's the only way to be dope with the craft. It's gotta be every day, and you gotta know where it comes from. You gotta see all these different you know, compartments or departments. Be like, let me emmer myself in jazz for a while and understand Miles Davis deeper, let me understand why jazz was just to give birth to hip hop in this way.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Infuse, how is hip hop such an amalgamation where you can sample anything and it is still hip hop. You see that it takes on everything and fuses it. That's a scary thing for them because it wasn't supposed to last, and look.
Speaker 4: What it's done.
Speaker 5: So for every fucking ioda in my body, I gotta give my allt to hip hop because it changed my life and bless my life. So I know what it can do for others and MC's and artists coming behind us. That's the real energy. Let us demonstrate how it's really supposed to be done before motherfuckers lose that art and understanding of it's all right to be real, and it's alright to be genuine, it's all right to be original, it's alright to be cool. With this much of a fan base, I'm still successful because I'm making a living off what I love to do. I'm not worried about world level. I'm in the world, not of it. You feel me.
Speaker 4: Holy water splash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's a couple of people in this room. There was around one hip hop wasn't here. We just started kind of, you know, emerge from the underground. I think everybody first first record they heard was it's my boys right there, Sugar Heel Game, first rappers, the Light and my uncle came back from the military from Germany. He had a tape with a bunch of different rappers on this super rapping all that Jimmy Spicer and all that stuff. So I can remember when it all first came through. But man, I really appreciates you stopping by. Dog Oh listen with your presence, man the Honorable Bishop Lamon.
Speaker 4: Day, yes and day, and thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: We gon have more details about our two hundred episode session. That's gonna be thing May twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Is that it May twenty seven, twenty seven, we have the seven gangst the Chronicles two hundredth episode Taco Weed session. So you know, a couple of vendors come out, probably do a taping of a live broadcast, a couple of you know, performers come out, do what we do, you know, just have a good time where everybody celebrating the show. A couple of fans come out, get to see us in person and do that type of thing. So we just you know, just try to do stuff to where we can connect with the people on a different level, you know than other you know, you know, regular podcasts. We try to connect with the people. So that's what we do, you know. Two hundred episode gainst the Chronicles, Taco Weed says, coming to you May twenty seventh, and that's official.
Speaker 1: Sure message, I'll be back XHL with the location in times walking. No I'm not walking around from that party. No, no, no, we are already out up