Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Gee Did you get the name of the show already?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was trying to do something else and you jumped in there and you rescued me. Yeah, when I didn't really need the rescuing this time. Yeah, usually just let me drown.
Speaker 2: You didn't need the life wrapped.
Speaker 3: Yes, hey everybody, if you didn't know, welcome to the podcast. Amy and TJ. Here another episode and another daughter that Robok has sent.
Speaker 2: Away to Europe. Why do you keep sending your children to Germany? Sending away? Wow, that sounds awful. You did no. They begged me to go, and I said, okay, yes, no my youngest, my seventeen year old, and Elise it is her mid winter break, and so she opted to go to ball Me a warm Berlin. Her older sister Ava is there studying abroad, and so she just just arrived.
Speaker 1: Well, I joke about it, because we did.
Speaker 3: We started an episode not too long ago, and obviously that episode was one that a lot of people talked about because we had gotten into I hate calling it a fight whatever. We aired out an argument we were having and you had just dropped her off. Then that wasn't long ago and now here, we are recording another and you just shipped another kid off to Germany.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy. It was almost exactly a month ago. I know, and I'm just gonna ignore it, but ship them all. The funny thing is, so I was pretty emotional, as I pointed out when Ava went off, because she's gonna be gone for five months, and then Annalise is only gone for a week. But this is the beginning because she is going to go to college yeah next fall. And so now, for whatever reason, when I dropped her off at the airport, and this is the first time, by the way, she's ever flown by herself overseas, I mean, it is a big deal. I don't think a lot of us have teen year old so I was worried to nurse for her, but I don't know, I just got super emotional. I couldn't stop crying yesterday, probably because we had a little bit of a snaffoo that set me off, maybe too off.
Speaker 3: You get all the way to the airport, you drive from Manhattan to JFK, which is the farthest airport from If you're going to do it, that's the one you don't want to fly it off lovely airport. Love you just takes a while to get to You drive her out, you were very excited to get there.
Speaker 1: You drop her off. Yep, you leave said airport, and then you get a call.
Speaker 2: I get a frantic phone call from Annalie's saying, Mom, I forgot my.
Speaker 3: Passport, which is the only thing you need if you're flying out of the country.
Speaker 2: You can replace everything else except for your passport.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's so funny, like I knew the answer. But as I'm pulling back around to get her and she's sobbing, I call my dad, who is a world traveler. I was like just checking, like, there's no way we can get her out of this country and back in without a port. He was like, absolutely not, and so yes, we had to drive an hour and a half that's how long it takes since traffic back into Manhattan, and the whole time on the phone with Delta trying to rebook her. As she she pulled herself together, and I actually was proud that I didn't freak out either, because normally I think I would get upset with her, but she was so she was so mad at herself, there was no reason to be to add on to pylon. So I tried my best to say, it's okay, you're going to get on another flight. It's going to be fine. So you know, it's fine. She just ended up like the last row on the plane, in a middle seat, and she was fine. She's seventeen, fine, she's fine, and she made it.
Speaker 3: When these things happen, it's she's going to appreciate that she made the mistake now because it's going to be a more important time that she will never ever leave that passport.
Speaker 2: She will never forget her passport again. And it's funny because and I actually kind of kicked myself a little bit as a mom, we have been able to travel a lot, and she's she and her sister have both been I've really tried to have them be self sufficient independent. I don't pack them when they were little, so I don't even ask. This is the first time she forgot her passport. But as a mom, I was kicking myself. I should have said, do you have your passport?
Speaker 1: We are a great mom, And of all the things I see you do, there's worse things you could do.
Speaker 2: So forth, oh wow, I was waiting for next No, but I do take part responsibility. I am the adult, and I should have asked her, do you have your passports?
Speaker 3: I did not, lesson learned. She got there, she's fine. They reunitedah Be and her sister and everything's gonna be great. But the reason she's going anywhere this week is because, and I guess a lot of people are not familiar with this.
Speaker 1: I had to learn.
Speaker 2: You had to learn this as well.
Speaker 3: But kids here in New York get a they call it officially a mid winter recess. So your child, her school sameIn is in a in public school up here, so they get a midwinter recess and then a spring recess. So that's traditionally what we're used to a spring break for most of us in the country. So Sabine's got two months she's off this week. We're looking at her right now and looking at us recording this podcast because she has nowhere to go because she's on break.
Speaker 2: Well, so we put them to work.
Speaker 3: So she's been working helping us with this. But yours order at least her school is set up to where her spring break is a month away.
Speaker 2: It's a month away, so it's so ridiculous. So you have to have one break where you know you have to figure out what you're going to do with them or where you're going to ship them off, as you like to say, you do no usually I travel with them, but no now, and then in another month she has another break.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, and these little parents sometimes do complain. Look, school is, yeah, you want your kids in school, but also a lot of people use it.
Speaker 3: If you have a week that you have to find something to do with your kids, that can be tricky. And then you get a week and it's only a month or two months apart.
Speaker 2: It's tricky. I didn't grow up like this. You didn't either.
Speaker 3: We had Labor Day, we had Thanksgiving, we had two weeks at Christmas, had Easter or Good Friday. I should say, we had spring break. I think we had MLK.
Speaker 2: That was it, because I think down well, I was going to say down South, you actually were in school before Labor Day. So yes, you got Labor Day off, but by the time, yeah, by the time Memorial Day was there, you were opposite. And now our kids don't get off until the fourth of July, basically.
Speaker 3: And it's I look, it's a great thing here in New York. It's just obviously much more diverse city. So you out for the Jewish holidays, you out for Eed, you're out for I mean it's a federal holiday now. But Juneteenth you throw that in there, you yam kfor is in there. But you have all of these thing kids are out of school so much so the mid winter recess is a tricky one. And I was looking for something to do with Sabine. We begged her, like, come, let's get out of town, let's do something everything. Nope, I just want to hang which is fine. I guess that's cool.
Speaker 2: I mean that's great. It's just, you know, it's tough for parents. Look when we had very demanding jobs, it was all the trickier.
Speaker 3: Sweetheart, we still have a demanding job. I don't know what your experience is.
Speaker 2: It's a little less demanding.
Speaker 3: And I was, you know what, I hear what you're saying, and I get what you're saying. But man, in a lot of ways, we had so much of a support staff around us to be in a position now that we're doing. If folks see us, and they will see some of this. We are sitting in a reading nook in the apartment with a laptop, a sleeping dog, and an eleven year old who has a mintway to recess on the floor in front of us.
Speaker 2: What do you call that light we have? It's a really cheap ring light that we got on Amazon.
Speaker 3: Ring light with my phone. This is our setup. We had to do all of it. We had to prepare content, we have to research. So I get what you're saying. But man, the support we don't have, Oh, correct support staff.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I heart, we love you.
Speaker 1: You all are great and supporting.
Speaker 2: No, but I hear what you're saying. It was just more schedule and we had to be somewhere. Now it's kind of on us. So the pressure is on us. But you can accommodate kids and dogs in a way you couldn't if you were going into the studio.
Speaker 3: But we already with midwinter recess. I guess some kids love it. I thought, well, why in the world do they do this? Would they do this? It started simply about forty five years ago. They just wanted to save some money for a week. There was a kind of a I guess an oil and energy crisis. They were looking for a way to cut back, so they took a week off. They made a deal with the teachers Union to save tens of millions of dollars by being off for a week, and it has the test of Time's still.
Speaker 2: Here always about money, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: It all everything goes back to that. It's just that's not surprising at all, and the fact that we're still doing it also is not surprising at all.
Speaker 3: What we're looking for thinks, Look, your child is gone. My child didn't want to go anywhere. Still, I don't understand why. But if you're looking for something parents in New York, we got a good option for you.
Speaker 1: Take them to the movies.
Speaker 2: We got a movie for you. You gotta see. Yes, yes, yes, it was not a movie that maybe would have been on your radar if you had read any reviews. But that does not deter us because we're the two who I love. A thirty percent or lower Rotten Tomato score, it usually is entertaining, So I'm not deterred by a bad review or two. Madam Webb. We saw it this weekend and I would say we had one of the best movie experiences we've had, I would think in the last few months, and we see a lot of movies.
Speaker 3: Well, our problem, essentially, our problem but we are very much. We don't go to a theater unless it's a horror movie. Correct, Right, So we have a whole schedule for the rest of the year for horror movies include what's the Imagine Area?
Speaker 2: Oh it cannot wait?
Speaker 1: Wait for that one?
Speaker 2: Evil Teddy Bears? What could be better?
Speaker 3: But we are not We don't even almost look at other movies if it's not a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Correct. The only reason this one one? And again, I love the Marvel.
Speaker 3: Movies and I love superhero movies, but this one wasn't on my radar to watch just because it just wasn't interested, wasn't into it. That's fine, not a big deal. When I started reading so much about this consensus of just how bad the movie was, like, what in God's name is going?
Speaker 2: I got curious? You sent me. I remember on text the reviews and some of the headlines, and they were some of the worst headlines I've ever seen about a movie. And that made us both say, hell, yeah, let's go. I need to see this movie.
Speaker 1: And it was a curiosity.
Speaker 3: So it's much credit to look Dakota Johnson and Sidney Sweeney. Right, these are talented a whole a lot of talented people in the movie. And so this is not an indictment of any way or even making fun. Look these people put in their heart and their sweat and their effort into this movie, the product whatever it's being talked about the way it's talked about.
Speaker 2: But we went and enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we went, and it got our attention because of negative headlines, but we actually enjoyed the experience as take a time a good.
Speaker 2: Way to put it. We were entertained from start to finish.
Speaker 1: Whole time.
Speaker 2: We had an absolute blast. I actually took some lines and put them in my notes in my folder to bring back up to you in silly moments, because we just it was. It was that good, and so I would just say, sometimes you can appreciate things that you wouldn't think you could, and this is one of those.
Speaker 3: That's a very good way to put it. So we had a blast doing that, and we got to have while we were there. I guess we were We were eating and drinking in a way that we weren't able to do in January. I'm not we weren't drinking heavily, but I'm saying that to say that we were able to at this theater. Have a beer, yes, yep, So we weren't intoxicating in such a way that had any impact.
Speaker 2: I was watching the film. But the point there being it's February.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We got through January, a dry January, completely dry. Tell me at the end of January, you gave a little bit of an update, but as far as your health after January.
Speaker 2: So I lost six and a half pounds in the month of January, and I actually weighed myself this morning because I wanted to make sure I was truthful, and it's the same. I kept it off, so that's amazing. That was a huge health benefit. Other than that, I think maybe I slept better and had extra energy in the morning, but I don't usually lack in either of those, so it's hard for me to gage well energy Like I popped out of bed. I mean, okay today, maybe I didn't. Today was the exception, but mostly okay, fine. It takes me about twenty or thirty.
Speaker 3: There is nothing you have ever done in the am that qualifies as popping out of bed.
Speaker 2: Nothing, but if you compare it to you, you've been up since four, so you're like raring to go. I didn't even know you got out of bed today. That's true. I woke up. I'm like, wow, where did he go? And it was only six o seven, So we are.
Speaker 3: I could put a bullhorn to your ear scream that there's a fire, and you would barely crack your eye open.
Speaker 2: Now it's just because you're dramatic all the time. And I'm like, eh, there he goes again, yelling fire. I what you're saying? Okay, fine, I had extra energy. So how about you? How do you feel?
Speaker 3: It's been great? And you can you can testify on my behalf here. I just have not had an interest in drinking lately. No, I have not at all, and it's great. Clearly, I feel better.
Speaker 2: I sleep better, in better health.
Speaker 3: It makes the running easier. But it's just you get into a habit or a routine for thirty one days of not drinking, and then February one came.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: But now it's going a little longer than I thought. Yeah, and I've just the alcohol is not appealing to me.
Speaker 2: Both of us have. I would say at least I would say maybe a sixty to seventy percent decrease in what our experience had been. So I mean, I would say for short. Now. I did have a glass of wine on February one, just because I wanted to. But it's been really awesome. I have not You start to create a habit and then you just don't go to it. Like we go to club Soda. We go to you got your little Cranberry club Soda concoction and you go to that. A lot are now just red bull And is it because I said little because.
Speaker 1: Well she caught it too, Savine is looking as she caught it to you have your it was cute spritzer thing. I mean it is a spritzer.
Speaker 2: I was trying not to say sprinzer because I know that doesn't sound very manly. But you have a little cranberry spritzer pans alcohol which you keep have kept up, which is great. It's refreshing, it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is going really really well for us. Right now, what else?
Speaker 2: Haven't you use any weight?
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh yeah, you remember in the first two weeks I dropped eight pounds.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 2: Men are so annoying like that.
Speaker 1: That's the way we're annoying.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just one of many ways. But it's just like, oh my gosh, I worked out for I walked for ten minutes and I lost three pounds. That's how we thought, yeah, men do that.
Speaker 3: And then after we get done walking, we have a little cranberry and club soda cocktail.
Speaker 2: It's a little spritzer, a little spritzer.
Speaker 3: Half marathon is coming up in a few weeks. We started something this year. We didn't mean to, but we kind of fell into it and now it's a routine and it's a habit of running every single day. It is here we are mid February. We have run every single day this year.
Speaker 2: It's pretty awesome. I've never done that in my life. Hella, we must say our former guest Hella convinced us or tinn't convinced. He was just telling us how great it was for him to have what he called a streak where he runs at least two miles every day. Now. His caveat is also that he has to run outside. We have not adhered to that because it has been brutally cold. There's been a few snowstorms actually here in New York City. And so I logged last week and this is definitely a record for me. Twenty six miles on the treadmill, not all at once, but for a week, and we actually ran again this morning. We have not run outside in since we were in New Orleans, which was what a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: You haven't?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Oh you did? I have not.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about it. I did. Just remember you did a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I was like, knock yourself out. I am not doing that. So I was on the treadmill and I've we've developed some strategies, just mostly it's distraction because being on a treadmill. I did. We did eight miles.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I did eight miles. Yeah, what happened to you?
Speaker 1: I quit?
Speaker 2: That's not funny, and that's not honestly, that is so rare for you. You are not a quitter, Oh I got you are not a quitter.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I I hate treadmill running, and the most I can four or five. But I just feeling it that day I stopped. I actually quit, left one building, went to another. I say, you know what, I'm going to finish up and run these last four. I ran two.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting, I'm sitting on the treadmill. This is our at our apartment gym, and I'm running and all of a sudden he just gets off, gets his keys. I'm like, what are you doing. He's like, I'm done, and I was like what he was I'm going home. I was like, you are. And we weren't in a fight, so I knew he wasn't mad at me, and I was like, Okay, I'm gonna let him do his thing. But it's fair to think maybe, like I did, I say, was it something? I said, I'm not really sure what happened. So I just kept running and I finished the eight miles. It was awful, but I did it. And then I checked in with you and you're like, yeah, I went back, ran two miles and said f this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I hate, hate, hate the treadmill. But this is a part of We have to get it in because we are a few weeks away.
Speaker 2: Four weeks yeah, four weeks away, thinks.
Speaker 3: So we have a very strict routine when it comes to running. But even on the off days, according to the training schedule, we still go down and we always get two miles in. And yeah, hell us a deba. If you don't know him, look him up. Hellas a debate we had him on. He has run every single day since twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, seventeen, I think seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has not missed a day of running. And he is one of those folks.
Speaker 3: He won't get in your face and tell you to do this, do this, do this. It's one of those things where you don't have to talk to somebody, you don't have to come up with something to influence somebody, just just set an example and they'll motivate themselves.
Speaker 2: And you see his joy, Oh my, and then it's like, I want that. I want to do that. I want to feel good and proud and accomplished. And it's true just doing two miles, I would say, doing one mile, doing half a mile, walking a mile, whatever it is. Set a goal for yourself and say I'm going to do this every day and you get into a pattern, you get into a habit, whether it's not drinking or drinking less or exercising, and it's amazing how it sticks and how it does change your life for the better. So we've we've had a pretty awesome first part of the year with those You know, I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: About this in this episode. You said, I think it was just yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was certainly this week, this weekend, past couple of days you said, you said, we're doing great, You.
Speaker 2: Said, we are doing You were were I can't remember what we're talking.
Speaker 3: About, but you were referencing like a couple of things that have happened, events have happened, where things have happened, like there was like a streak, a momentum.
Speaker 1: You were referring. What were you talking about? You remember what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, I just think, honestly, what I think you're referring to is once we had our fight, non fight, whatever it was, and we had to listen to that thing five times, get it up, see and hear the reaction to it, not just online but from friends and family. I really felt like I had a shift. I saw myself in a different way, I saw you in a different way, I saw us in a different way, and I felt intentional in a way I hadn't before. And so yes, you can. You can also attribute that to perhaps the goal setting that we did that I just mentioned, but but also just about us and how I wanted to react to you, react to my own emotions, check my ego, all of those things, and I really we've had a really beautiful stretch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you said that just the other day. Yeah, we didn't get a chance to expelse, not.
Speaker 2: To recognize the good times, because we all point out the bad times. But when you can say, hey, we're doing great, it's good to be able to say that to someone.
Speaker 3: That's one of the quotes I'm going to put up at some point, But you just reminded me of it. Don't let a bad day fool you into thinking you have a bad life. And right, we are so quick to jump on a bad moment, but man, what if we string together remember all those good moments, whether they don't, they should not be eliminated just because you had a bad day or a bad moment. So that was a great As great as we were talking about what we were doing, we thought it might all crumble because you and I have look for the past year, year and a half almost now, had to deal with some negative and awful headlines when it comes to I said, I was just say tabloids more than anything else. But we started about I don't know three four or five days ago. There was a little bit of a drumbeat of calls we were getting from reporters and inquiries to where most of the time, whatever, it's nothing don't need to respond to. But it was enough of them that we said, what's going on? So you usually say to me, can you can you do? Have you done Google Search lately? Is there anything happening? Because why am I getting reporters calling me and texting me? And we even had some folks in the iHeart team check in and say, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: We're getting phone calls.
Speaker 3: So no matter how great we are doing, we start to go, oh, no, oh, hell, what is it?
Speaker 1: And it felt like a bit of a headache.
Speaker 3: And there was one we finally, I think before the news ended up dropping one of the inquiries. We got made clear what the inquiry was about which they were trying, and they were calling us for comment regarding our former employer at A lot of people have seen maybe the news now from Disney ABC News as a reshuffling at the top when it comes to some of the executives. But they were calling us for our statement. Would you like to release our statement?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Our statement is we wish everyone the best and we're actually really not paying attention. But thank you, no, thank you. I had no idea. Well, we don't know what we thought again, maybe oh we just thought it was about us. We were actually just grateful it wasn't about us. Thank God, it's about something or someone or some other entity. Please please refocus.
Speaker 3: But if folks haven't seen, yes there's a reshuffling, and we do want to look Deborah O'Connell, which if you've seen the news, is someone who's been there at Disney ABC for a long time, and she's someone we didn't get a chance to work closely with or frequently with, but.
Speaker 1: She was always a great, great supporter.
Speaker 2: She was wonderful.
Speaker 3: There's somebody we always wish we could work with more, and anytime we got with her, we appreciate it. So she's been elevated to to a new position and she's going to be overseeing a lot of things, including all of ABC News. But that was the news and they were trying to get our comment and.
Speaker 2: We were I was. I was actually so happy to see that she's been recognized because she has been just this awesome force and really didn't get any recognition for it beyond her role at WABC. But she has been I just want to point this out, a huge supporter of breast cancer research and she has been an advocate for the cause and she and I have had many wonderful conversations about that, but she's just a wonderful woman all together. So we're very happy for her, and it was lovely to be able to see that that was the good news that was being released. And then of course they're always trying to stir the pod a little, so they want to they want to see what we or if we would have had any comment about what that might mean for the current ABC News presidence.
Speaker 1: Lookl we are we don't pay attention. That's fair to say.
Speaker 3: We have friends and whatnot that we have who are still work there, but every time we see them and talk to them, when I.
Speaker 2: Say, hey, what's going on over that, we don't at all. We actually don't talk about it at all all. It's just yeah, no, we don't do that. So we we didn't know.
Speaker 1: But as far as well, Kim God, if you.
Speaker 3: Work in this building or this building, this instry long enough, which we both have, can you count the number of networks.
Speaker 2: She's lasted quite a while and she's still she was just renewed, so she's going to be there for the next four years. But oh my goodness, my first job alone w CBDTV two Action News.
Speaker 4: I had four news directors in four years. That's just the way it goes the business, and certainly at these levels. But they were calling a lot of people calling for us thinking, you know what. Quite frankly, I think there were some who were wondering if we were going to take advantage or think that we would take an opportunity to in some way bash Kim Godwin. No, not in the least bit. In fact, as I sit here, we sit here, I will raise my hand and tell you then when she was first hired, not only did I advocate for her, after she got there, there was a group of us black talented ABC that got together and pushed and pleaded for more diverse executive leadership at that network. So there are a lot of reasons. It doesn't even have to be. There's nothing personal but me. We need, I think you we all need. It's so rare for a woman, it's so rare for a woman of color to be in a position like that, Like we all for the industry need her to do well and would like for her to do well because that makes it easier for other women that are coming up behind her. And we have no ill will, and there's a lot of things about the situation over there that we are actually from Afar and as people who have been in the industry a long time.
Speaker 1: Still root for and advocate for and can be good. So we got nothing back.
Speaker 2: We are rooting for both Kim and Deborah. And as you say, it is lovely to see women in positions of hour and leadership. When I first got to ABC News, now what is it thirteen years ago, there wasn't a woman to be seen. And now from executive producers to news presidents to elevated positions, we're seeing women everywhere. That's amazing, that's great.
Speaker 1: So that's our statement.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's our statement. Were congratulations everyone to everybody since last Oh my god, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: I don't think we've had a chance to talk about your birthday. No, we was February sixth. That was a fun day, Yes it was.
Speaker 2: It was very fun.
Speaker 3: It was a very fun day. But then the night, the day after and the trip after was probably more fun. But we had to have a great dinner. Ol frienda right Mexican friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that West Village? Yes, West Village, Jessua.
Speaker 3: We had the birthday dinner six of us, the closest, nearest and DearS, and that was a really, really fun night. But we had to hop on a plane the next day and go to a place that we both love. But this is the first time we got to go as a couple.
Speaker 2: As a couple, Yes, we went. I think it was June of twenty twenty two. We were in and out quickly for our show. We did a live show there, and so we were like, this is such a cool city and one day we should come back, not realizing that we would be able to come back.
Speaker 3: Actually as a colle you say it that way to think about it now, right, Wow, we enjoying this flight, having such a good time, all is going on. We did not think for a second, wow, we should come back here as a couple. We didn't think that was that wasn't on the table.
Speaker 2: But when you asked me where I'd like to go, we only had a couple of days and needed to keep it, you know, fairly close. But I wanted it to be warm and fun, and so I thought where better to go than New Orleans. And what we didn't realize is that it was the weekend before Marti Gras and I've never been for Marti Gras ever, and we still I guess technically did not make it to Fat Tuesday, but we were there for the weekend before and it was enough and it was a black It was a blast. I learned a couple of things there. First of all, beads are thrown without shirts being lifted. I always thought that that was the thing, and it was. It isn't It was really cute and fun to see people. Well, some people wore t shirts that showed like it looked like they had right, that was how they got around it. But it was fun and festive and they're already the parades were starting and it was it was warm, and it was lovely and we had a blast and people were so kind there. We loved did all of our waitresses who were females, did all of them refer to us as baby baby? And you cannot do that anywhere else but in New Orleans, And we loved it. I was soaking it up. I missed that.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's unique to this country. I think I don't go anywhere where it's just everybody does that.
Speaker 2: It's just that Southern charm, hospitality, but it feels real. It feels authentic. They're not just saying it to get a tip. They're not just saying it because they want to, you know, playcate you they they really genuinely are just sweet and kind and they love to call everyone babies. It's great. You know what else I learned?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 2: Then I'm officially old. And I say this not because of the age I am. That's obvious, but I'm somebody I feel like who's always been able to stay out all night, last person on the dance floor, never want to go to bed. Sleep is for when you're dead. Like that was always the way I lived. Every night. We were there for three nights. Every night we were in bed and I would say, asleep by ten thirty. And the great thing about that, and this is again I sound so old, is that we were able to continue to get up early and we were out for runs at six am. And where did we run? Bourbon Bourbon Street? And what was that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Gross? Absolutely gross?
Speaker 3: Do not ever go to Bourbon Street at six am sober when you're going to be breathing heavily, right, if you're going to taking in a lot of sense, you don't want to go down man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But it was Yes, it smelled, but it was amazing to witness because a people were still coming out of bars at six am. I didn't know that they stayed open in twenty four hours, but there are several who did and do and that was wow. Who needs music or any kind of distraction when you're running down Bourbon Street and watching people coming out and walking down the streets from the night before that you went to bed at ten thirty, You're rested, you're ready for the day. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I have to well, I take issue with the old thing.
Speaker 3: Okay uh one, and no guy wants to hear his girlfriend say out loud.
Speaker 2: I am officially old. Anything else maybe.
Speaker 3: No, But you got to qualify this a little bit. We were sleep early because I was up at three am every day. That's true because we're time zone off. I wake up at four and my body clock I was still boom three am. Your TV's on and you're like, what the hell is going on? So we were up early and yes, running by six am, partying by seven am.
Speaker 1: You did really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That you give yourself more credit.
Speaker 2: Were you amazed by the trash collection process? And the street cleaning process. I could they were on it. I mean the smells, yes, was them clearing it. But if you had just I mean, if we were like normal people and woke up at nine or ten, it would have been pristine and like perfect, you would never have known there was the unbelievable amount of trash that was on that street when we were running.
Speaker 1: But that was that was.
Speaker 3: A really good fun trip, good people we got to see. I can't imagine the debut. I mean we got that was the pre party, so I can imagine the party. But that was a really really fun trip that we hadn't believe. But we came back and we had to come back, and we scheduled to come back because particularly because we had the super Bowl that was coming out, we got to have a super Bowl party here.
Speaker 2: How many people total? Well, ten I think ten people, two dudes, right dudes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten people, two dudes. Five teenagers yes, one to eleven year old.
Speaker 2: Yep, so a tween and then an adult an adult female? What my friend Nikki, Oh, so there's just one other adult follow what you were saying. He just calls yourself old and you send an adult female, Like, what are we talking about it, become a New York City police officers. Soon an adult female was seen, So yeah, you were surrounded by women.
Speaker 3: It was, but it was fun to see Alas and her friends get into a football game for the sport. They weren't watching because they wanted to see Taylor Swift. They weren't watching. They watched the halftime Showan liked it, but they got into the competition.
Speaker 2: It was just fun.
Speaker 1: I love Super Bowl, you know, I love cooking and love the whole that type of thing. So that was really really fun. And then after that we had to get to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was. It's been busy, been busy.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day. What's your what's your general feeling about it? I love Valentine's Day. I love a day. Yes, I know it's a hallmark holiday. People say they're manufactured, but you know what, I can't think of a better reason to manufacture a holiday than to celebrate love. So and I think it's not just about romantic love. It's about you know, parental love, it's about platonic love. It's about love. And so I had always the girls knew this. I sent a care package to av Ava in Germany, and the girls both know that Valentine's Day is actually like the big day. I always shower them with cards and love and we usually do something or go somewhere. I threw some money in her account to go have a fun night. But I always try to show them a little something extra on that day because it is a day about love. And look, it's not just about having a boyfriend or a girlfriend or a significant other. And I think some people get sad, and that's why they have Gallantine's Day. But you know, even Ellen what Gallentine's Day. It's for girls. Sabine knows about it. Gallantine's Day, You've never heard of that. No, so girls get together and go out and have fun and celebrate their love for each other and say, who needs boys?
Speaker 1: What was the guy equivalent of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Gullantine's Day? That is not a thing. I don't know. But maybe y'all should like Paline. I love that you should coin that phraise that. Maybe it's already a thing. I don't know. I've never heard of it, never heard of it. Do you like Valentine's Day? Yes? I wish I was able to I don't. When you make a great point about it.
Speaker 3: I send flowers to Sabine. I send flowers to Brianna, my oldest right. The girls need to make sure that they're that Daddy is to make sure he's the number one guy who for now, there shouldn't be anybody else. Ca Sabine, who's sending you flowers for now on Valentine Day? Skip the for now things she's saying for the rest of your life me all right. So, and that's why it's really sweet. But it also feels forced. A lot of times, it feels like, well, I'm going to get something because I have to, and there's this mad rush that's sometimes funny and cute. We talked about like seeing some of the guys walking on the Stream fourteenth with balloons.
Speaker 2: And it was hilarious. It was hilarious, dute.
Speaker 3: It's fun, but you do you kind of get into it and you don't have to go get some extravagant piece of jewelry, just a little box of those little heart what do you call those little hearts exile hearts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hearts with the messages on them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't remember love candy hell you're eleven year old just called it love candy New York City Public Schools. I swear.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in that way it does. It's sweet, it's fun, it's cute.
Speaker 3: But when it starts to feel obligatory, when it starts in an office setting, to where you don't want to be the woman who doesn't have flowers.
Speaker 2: That has happened to me before.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be the guy whose woman at work doesn't that than feels.
Speaker 2: That's when it gets tough, when it's competitive and not even like it's just by nature, because you see everyone else at the office giving the flowers and all of a sudden years don't show up. Yes, I have been in that situation, and I know intellectually it's not a big deal, but it's still feels it feels like a slight Yes, yes, yes, yes, I bet you. There are some fights on Valentine's Day because it's the guy didn't get it right, you know, And it does feel like it falls on the man didn't get it right or didn't get it at all. It could be both. Either one is what's getting it right just showing having a gesture and and you know, if you work in an office, yes, send it to the office. That is probably what you should do.
Speaker 3: So you're making my point if you're doing it just for show and not because you're making a genuine, loving gesture, which there are three hundred and sixty four other days of the year. What is it you do on those days? Is the question that we should all ask ourselves.
Speaker 2: Are Yeah, I hear you, but it still is. It feels really good to get flowers.
Speaker 1: It does, just I would have sent them to the office, baby, but you're looking at the office and.
Speaker 2: Just you know, TJ did get me some beautiful flowers. So they were really really nice.
Speaker 1: Thank god, I did after hearing this.
Speaker 2: But I didn't expect it. I didn't. I was trying to remember last year where were well we were in Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, so you were Yeah, you didn't have to get me flowers. We were on a plane. We we we were on a plane and we got it. We didn't know. We got each other cards and you got me some of those candy hearts? Did I really that you did? And I don't know the name of it's funny, but you did. Can you give very quick? I'm really wondering what do you call those things? If something is slipping our minds?
Speaker 1: What do you call that?
Speaker 2: I want to call them sweet teart hearts, but they're not. Wow, that was really funny. Apparently Okay I wasn't the only one laughing sweet tart hearts like b mine and like cue since were but what is the day?
Speaker 3: This is something I will recommend always, always, always send the flowers on.
Speaker 2: The day before. Yes, that's what you did. They call what sweethearts? Okay, just close, I said sweetheart heart?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But sweethearts?
Speaker 1: Sweethearts?
Speaker 2: Sweethearts? That makes sense? Obvious was obvious? How do we miss that? I don't know. Maybe we're not going to repeat.
Speaker 1: You need to clear your browser history.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what you're doing to me. Stop googling whatever you're googling.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, But yes, I do that because everybody's getting flowers on February fourteen, So you do it the day before, so you're.
Speaker 1: They're backed up and how late?
Speaker 3: How long is it going to you want somebody to be able to wake up and enjoy them on the day and have them the whole day, because some of those deliveries don't come into that, So you got to have a mad spouse the whole day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good. They're good cinema. I just told everyone your secret. It's probably gonna backfire.
Speaker 1: I'm going to switch to the fourteenth sext.
Speaker 3: But yes, it has been a great stretch, a great run, I feel, I mean, I hope maybe even people can hear it in our voices right now. It's just I don't know, I really really don't know, and I hate for it to be a matter of lining up victories like, Okay, this worked out, this worked out, So now I'm happy because these things worked out, right, It's a matter of sometime getting in a good health space, health or head and health space to where no matter what comes at you, you can handle it, you can deal with it, you could take it. And it does make a differen sweetheart, knowing that I have you as a partner, knowing you are there, there is a relief when we are good and vibing and whatever comes can come and we're okay. So I agreed with you, and I was just curious, and what did you do to tell me what you're sorrying?
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it's important to recognize those moments because we're all so quick to point out what we don't like about, you know, each other. I just think that's just something that becomes habitual. So if you can try to make a habit of doing the opposite, like I really appreciate you know these last few weeks, and I really have had a blast with you and just just even verbalizing it and acknowledging it makes a huge difference. I really think it does.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So we have speaking of some of the things going on, and we're excited about and things going well. There's something I will we can't tell you much now, but there is something we are putting together and planning that will happen in the coming weeks we hope yes, in which folks will be able to potentially come out and see us, mingle with us, and even be in the audience if you will.
Speaker 1: As we're recording a pot guess.
Speaker 3: That is the We're working on that, but we're very close and very excited to potentially make that announcement coming up soon. We're making announcements to a lot of people, and the room can hold like fifty rights.
Speaker 2: It's a pre announcement of uh yeah, I don't know well, it's about a month from now and it is going to be here in New York. But if it goes well, we'll see if maybe we can get beyond New York. We don't want to set our sites too high, feel the expectations low.
Speaker 3: They're going to be announcement about an event you can't get into it coming soon.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what I think.
Speaker 2: We can announce though, something we're doing later in the week that everyone will be able to listen to.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we have some watching to do.
Speaker 2: We have some homework today.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to say, because I'm missing Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vander Pump. So this is a huge, huge franchise, obviously spinning off of the Real Housewives, but vander Pump Rules. We are going to be binging it for the next couple of days binging. Yes, we're gonna have to stop ninety Day Fiance for a while now. We just thought, I know, but we're gonna have to take We're gonna have to take a pause on ninety Day Fiance and we're gonna need to switch to vander Pump Rules because we have a guest. So we're not gonna say who just yet coming on the podcast. Later this week, and so we are going to be making sure we know all the ins and outs. I mean, it's this is a complicated very everyone who watches the show, when they start talking about it, they get elevated, they get excited. They're like, oh my gosh. So yes, we're gonna get caught up and you're gonna get the inside scoop.
Speaker 3: And I keep screwing it up. How much how much catching aure we have to do? I didn't even want to say it here, calling.
Speaker 2: It vander Plump and I'm like, absolutely, that is not the name. Also, is the name of a rose now, so that's yeah, she has a rose.
Speaker 3: So you would think I would know that's wrong as soon as you say vander plump r. That sounds ridiculous. No, it's vander Pump.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so we're excited and we hope you are too. And that's that's something we can't announce that everyone does get to participate in.
Speaker 1: That's kinding.
Speaker 3: So that's our update. There has been a lot. We appreciate you all. We are getting a lot of great feedback and words from you all. Yes, and social media is one way, but also just being walking down the street It's bizarre to have somebody scream at you half a block away that they love your podcast.
Speaker 2: It's great. That's new to us.
Speaker 3: And we appreciate any time, any energy, any love, any efforts you make into saying you pay attention and you're giving us time and even that you like what you're getting from us is always appreciated, and we thank you greatly for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back to that, you know, kindness counts and it matters, and so we appreciate it. We appreciate you. Thank you so much for listening, and we hope you will come back in a couple of days for Oh yes, vander Pump, look at you yours. I was gonna look and see if you can say it. And you still hesitated for our vander Pump guest.
Speaker 3: Wow, And you know, let's we have to thank this whole setup we are doing right now. We happen to be doing it at home, but the whole setup we can credit an eleven year old Sabine Holmes sitting here staring at us. But she has set up the light things are grip. Yes, she's been great here. So I mean, we thank you for this.
Speaker 2: Uh if she just took about are you kidding me. That was great. Let's see how well done.
Speaker 3: Let's see how the video in the audio sounds before you start taking bottles. Okay, all right, folks, you know where to find us. We are on Instagram and TikTok. We have an individual accounts, but also the show page is at Amy and TJ Podcast on Instagram.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you as always.
Speaker 2: Vander Plump. Here we come the cation plus the batt