Speaker 1: What's that at the bed?
Speaker 2: It's spooky.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 2: It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I was Nandez pose. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Oh my god, I got to talk to my old friend Sasha Koby, who you may know as winner of RuPaul's Drag Race. Very exciting. She's all over the place, travel in the world, being such an amazing role model for so many including me, and just an incredible performer. I just love her to death. And since she's busy, you know, we've been trying to make this work for a while and we finally were able to make it happen. However, you may have noticed that my audio sounds a little bit different, and that is because I am currently in a hotel room on my old microphone that I used to use during the pandemic, Like when the pandemic first started and it was like, oh God, how do we do this without a studio. I'll just buy the quickest cheapest microphone I can find, So I Duz did that one off and that's what I'm on right now. But nonetheless, we got Sasha Kolby and I am currently in Pittsburgh while recording this opening for Bob the Drag Queen on her This is Wild tour, which is still going. You know, there's lots and lots of dates. You know, this will come out a couple of weeks after I'm recording this, but there's tons of dates all over the world, and you should go see Bob and trust me, I will give her her jury duty summons to come on this podcast at some point as well. You know me, I just know all those winners of RuPaul's Drag Race. Anyway, you know, Sasha gave us a full episode and we really got to talk about Hawaiian culture and its relationship to the paranormal folklore. You know, all of all of those cultural stories, and I love, I live for all that kind of stuff, and so I think that we should just you know, cut this intro short and just get into some Sasha. As always, I would love for you to see me live, and I will be in New York City December eighth. I am doing Ghosts Live on stage in Brooklyn. The tickets are cheap as hell. The tickets are like twelve dollars or something, so I know you got I know you got your thing that night, cancel it. I don't come to New York doing shows that often. Oh I know you're in a Broadway show. Get the understudy to go in just this one time. It's only twelve bucks. I've been dying to do Ghosted live in New York, so come buy those tickets. And I've been loving so much all of the amazing feedback about my YouTube series Wherelese Hernette is the Haunted Doll, my comedy series where I go ghost hunting and haunted hotel rooms. So please, if you haven't yet checked it out, find it on YouTube. Ros Hernandez the Haunted Doll. Tell your friends like it, comments, subscribe, all that kind of stuff. Okay, here we go. Time to talk to winner of Season fifteen of RuPaul's Drag Race, Sasha Koby on with the show. Oh my god, I cannot believe who I have conjured today, Sasha Colby, Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, Ros, It's so good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's always good to see you. People don't know me and Sasha. We go back. We used to do drag shows together. I think usually like most I would say most of the time, I was like hosting drag brunch or whatever the drag show was.
Speaker 1: You're definitely the brunchers.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were a brunch crew in bed by three pm.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the one that we did all the way out Oxnard and we would just had like it was duringly pandemic too, right like right before pandemic or like right around the pandemic. And I just remember we had like garbage bags full of one.
Speaker 2: Failed four hundred seats. Everybody had to least one.
Speaker 1: Dollar fifteen minute numbers and you.
Speaker 2: Pick that cabbage.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that was a good time.
Speaker 2: But now you are the most famous woman in the world. Now we get direct deposits, you get that routing number out. Where are you? Are you in LA? Right now?
Speaker 1: I'm home in La. Yeah, finally, like have a little break.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Yeah, this has been all over the place. Yeah, I'm currently in a hotel room in Pittsburgh, and I'm convinced that this room was haunted, But I think that's just me looking for it's fit to talk.
Speaker 1: About Pittsburgh's haunted. It feels like, Yeah, it's a fun city. Though, I do like the.
Speaker 2: Ghosts of Sharon Needles. So, Sasha Kobe, I have been dying for forever to know your thoughts on the paranormal.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's dive in.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in like ghosts and that sort of a thing.
Speaker 1: I do you believe in ghosts? I wish ghosts believed me more, you know, I wish like my ancestors like really like helped me out a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Well believes in you. So that's something. So have you ever encountered a ghost in your opinion or your experience?
Speaker 1: There is one experience that I definitely know.
Speaker 2: Okay, give us every detail. Take us to the slumber party. Really set it up for.
Speaker 1: Us, picture it cicily. When I was younger, I always had this like sleeping ghosts, Like was it like when they paralyze you and you can't like sleep paralysis, sleep paralysis ghosts, And it was always like a shadow coming over me. I remember I had that like when I was younger, like a child, as a kid. Yeah, and then it kind of like weaned off. I never really or maybe I was just too distracted or too drunk to notice, but I remember that the last time I had one that literally was like a choking ghost like was holding me down and I literally couldn't get up out of like out of my bed. I was with my then partner. It was we were living in Orlando. I don't know if the house was haunted or if my partner was haunted, but as soon as we broke up, I've never had one again.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe it was like my partner's energy something one of their ghosts didn't like me.
Speaker 2: See, that's that's a big thing. Your ghosts have to get along with each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, I woke up. My eyes were open. I could literally like kind of turn and see my partner sleeping, but like something was holding my shoulders down, like I couldn't even scream or anything for like a good what felt like two minutes, but I mean that's like eternity in ghost world, right, Yeah, it felt really long. I don't know what happened that made finally I think I was like I had to like shake my legs or something to like get out of it. I don't really know if I was up, or if I was still a dream or if I was in that mid area, that mid space of like dreaming and reality or what I call drag, but that one, Yeah, the sleep paralysis ghosts, I definitely saw a shadow. It was like a very ominous looking shadow, non gendered, which I preferred if my ghosts are going to haunt me, like they'd be. So that was really nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a sleep paralysis, they them demon.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was either.
Speaker 2: A sleep paralysis or no, it wasn't sis sleep paralys them. Yeah, well that is terrifying. I have never had sleep paralysis. Well, so you sleep on your back, huh.
Speaker 1: I was side sleeper, and that's the weird thing. I don't know why. It was like kind of on my back. I end up like always on my side or on my face when I wake up in the morning. So that was also that demon rolled you over, mama, she said over or they said, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 2: So you grew up in Hawaii?
Speaker 1: I did. I grew up in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Did I say it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You did? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have had people I've done the show for five years. I know I've we had listeners from Hawaii. I don't know if I've had guests that are from there, but we've talked a little bit about like some of the cultural beliefs of spirit world. And I know about uh is it the night marchers?
Speaker 1: The night marchers? I do? I do?
Speaker 2: And what is that?
Speaker 1: So the night marchers? Okay, so there is uh okay, it's also history lesson. So King Kamehameha he united all of the eight Islands after Captain Cook, you know, colonized this. He actually King Kamehameha had taken after they kind of pretty much we killed Captain Cook and like chopped him up and like still have his bones buried in a beach on the Big Island, and Comehameha actually commandeered his boats and took his like crew like three of his like I don't know whatever skippers and made them teach him how to use their cannons. So he actually like Commandmeha used white people things to like unite us all or colonize us all and make us all one kingdom for him to rule. So when he got to Oahu, he had already conquered the big Island, Maui and Molakai and these smaller islands, and he worked his way up to Oahu, which is like where I'm from and where Honolulu and Wikiki like you know, the capital and like the big tourist area is. So when he was sailing to Waikiki, the people on Oahu could see that coming and they ran up to the mountains. Now it takes like days to go up, you know, towards the mountains and away from his cannons, and commandment had took off all these cannons and started pushing them up the mountain, following these tribes up until they went into the place called the Pulley Lookout, and it's literally a lookout and then it's a drop like a cliff drop, and he literally pushed the cannons and pushed over all these Hawaiians off.
Speaker 2: Of the mountain. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So all of those people actually died like in this valley that we call the Pulley and those are now our night marchers. So when that happened, it was like on I forget what it's like. I guess it was some sort of like lunar thing. But supposedly on the twenty fifth of every month, you can see like a line of like torches going down, like it's completely you can't go up these mountains, like you can see it from like the freeway, but you can see sometimes there's like faint like lights that kind of travel. Those are the night marchers looking for their souls. And there's been a lot of accidents because there's a big highway now going through that mountain. So sometimes there's a lot of accidents on the Age three, which is our highway, and it's because they're crossing the highway and so literally your cars will just get like out of wack up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people are like, oh my god, I thought I was going to hit someone.
Speaker 1: Don't go over the pulley. Yeah on the twenty fifth, or like my car just went out of whack, and like, yeah, it's crazy. But we've all kind of known about the night marchers. So that's that story, a little history and horror.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, that was that was very impressive. I don't know, I don't know shit about any place I've ever been from. I don't know. You asked me about my hometown, girl, I couldn't tell you shit. That was very impressive.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. I mean, I'm actually like not another people know that I'm like a history like nerd, and I just know a lot of random facts about things. So it's actually a passion of mine to learn facts that I can say at podcasts.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's a very useful skill that I do not have. Wow, Okay, has it ever occurred to you like it's the twenty fifth should we go out there and see?
Speaker 1: So? When I was young, I would be at like the dance studio all the time, and a bunch of my dance friends we were like eighteen seventeen eighteen, and after I think we like tried it like twice a bunch of us. There was like ten of us. We all piled in like someone's van or like someone's car. And there's this book called Chicken Skin that's all like these old Hawaiian like folklore tales and like ghost stories, and we would go and drive around the island, go to the spot that they're talking about, read the story, and then try and look for the ghosts that they're talking about. Ye did like a whole I know, we did like a whole tour, like two nights. It took us because there was two volumes of the book, but we went all over the place. There was one there was definitely like a haunted house on a wahu that everyone knew that that was like some crazy lady used to live there. I'm not too sure about the backstory, but like there's so many things that happened in that house, but it never it was like almost condemned, so no one was even living there. And we tried to like read the story there, and they tried to find the lady, but we didn't find anything. It was a little anti climactic, I think, because we were looking for it, you know, and there was like a bunch of us, like if it was just you know, maybe why.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to chat. I'm not going to check your sources. If you want to say the crazy lady came out and then disappeared in front of you. That great well, except that, uh, there.
Speaker 1: Was one we were in like a gulch and there was like some sort of like monster that lived in the goal took a rabid dog with red eyes that would come and attack you. And I remember we were trying to look for this dog, were trying to hear for it. Unfortunately, nothing happened, which I guess not unfortunately one of those things probably attached themselves to me and then did the chow.
Speaker 2: I waited for you to sleep years later, years eons. You know what's funny, I just like stumbled upon this news story a couple of months ago, and I'm like, I'm gonna pull this out when Sasha comes on. So I found this video. I won't play the video, but it's a it's just like a clip from the local news in Hawaii and they're talking about this mall.
Speaker 1: Call them all that's taunted with the lady you can hear show.
Speaker 2: No, it's a different one, but I want to know about that. This one is the Windward Mall.
Speaker 1: That's where I grew What happened there? My god, that's like where our dance serious to be.
Speaker 2: Stop. Okay. So it's right next to a cemetery, is that right?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So this news report it's from uh k h O N two news, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, not that it was the news. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So this was covered last Halloween, okay. And they interview this man named Lopaka Kapanui and he hosts the ghost tours that are called Mysteries of Hawaii, and he's talking about how this mall, the Windward Mall, is allegedly haunted by children, and that there's like always great, there's always like children all over the place that the security is getting called they're messing around whatever, and he tells the story that I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tell me now, Oh my godness is a while.
Speaker 2: So he says, this woman went on his tour and was telling him like, you're not gonna believe me, but this happened. She says she was in the food court one day eating her meal and then this little girl with dirty clothes comes up to her, and the little girl go, hey, you know why you've got such problems in your life. And then the woman's like why, and then the girl goes, because you're fat. So then the woman was about to hit the little girl and her hand went right through her.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean I completely believe it. Like that's the mall I would go to every weekend with my family. I pretty much grew up.
Speaker 2: The little fat shaming girl.
Speaker 1: How about that, though, Let's talk about that, like what is like unpacked that ghost?
Speaker 2: And she was about to get slapped by a stranger?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. And that sounds about right, like a complete stranger will slap a child. Where's your mother? I'm not surprised. I definitely it looks haunted. I'm just gonna start it out, Okay, when we're mall, like it looks like it's still stuck back in the eighties, like same kind of decor. Though, you know, Mall's kind of like have lost their popularity so practically now when I went back, it's like all not even sores, it's just like food. So it's just like a big like food court. So, I mean, I'm sure there's a bunch of kid ghosts running around there, just fat shaming people.
Speaker 2: Calling people fat. But I would be so pissed if I was sitting there in my Panda Express and this little kid came up to.
Speaker 1: Me, Oh my gosh, like, just let me eating peace. Yeah, let me eat my orange chicken chomming and peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Well, they were talking about how like it's right next to a cemetery, and like could it be that it's built on top of part of the cemetery. Oh, I'm sure they didn't move the bodies.
Speaker 1: I'm so sure. I mean, isn't most of like the land around us like built over some sort of dead people, dead something dead something?
Speaker 2: Yes, for sure. I Mean I'm constantly hearing stories of people's ghosts, dogs and cats, and I don't see why there can't be dinosaur goat like, oh yeah, why not everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What if there's like a like a chicken ghost, like an apig ghost, like just like following me.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's just a bunch of little invisible chickens everywhere.
Speaker 1: That is so wild.
Speaker 2: You know what, an invisible chicken ghost says cock a doodle boo. And Sasha, that is why I am a star.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is why, Sasha.
Speaker 2: Tell me one more like fun, okay, fun, Hawaiian sir, or do you have any of your own?
Speaker 1: Oh there is another story, and I swear, Oh my gosh, I just remembered this now, Oh, this is gonna be good. It's a dance friend of mine. She and I lived close to each other, so after dance she would always take me home on the way to her house and we were driving and there is a legend, like an old Hawaiian legend about one of our goddesses, Pele. Pelly's the goddess of the volcanoes and a fire and creation. She has a sister named Namaka who's the goddess of the water, and another sister who's Poliaju, and she's the goddess of the snow, and she lives on top of our mountain, Mam Michay. She sleeps on there. But Pele's like like she's main character, Like she's the Regina George, you know, like she's like volasle, like a volcano, you know, like fire is. But there's all these ancient like myths about her and like pretty much mostly talking about how, you know, natural occurrences in nature happen. That's most of our like myths, you know, to explain what happens in nature. But there is an old school like ghost story that Peley likes sitt incarnate herself into different types of women or like even men. Now I love that, like she's fully like gender.
Speaker 2: Fluid exploring herself.
Speaker 1: But there's a there's an old legend that if you're driving down a road, it's usually like not lit road, and that's what we were doing. We were driving through like this like little cliff side of the island before we get to my house, and I remember we were driving and the story is exactly how we experienced it. It's a legend of like if you're driving and you see an old woman on the side of the road hitch hiking, they say not to pick her up, to pass her back and there was a legends that some people had pulled over to pick up this older woman and she had all gray hair, and she looked like kind of just like.
Speaker 2: Rag, why did you look right at me when you said that.
Speaker 1: Supposedly, there was two guys that had picked her up, and she got in the backseat of the car and she kept on asking and she could smoke a cigarette, and she needed to smoke a cigarette, and they were like, oh, no, we don't have any cigarettes. But then they started to smell ashes and like cigarettes burning, and the driver was looking in the rear y mirror and saw the light of a cigarette going. But she turned into like this beautiful woman and she was an old armor. And then he turned around and there was nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so the cigarettes made her younger. Yeah, it was really weird, Like it's good for you, is that what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, you didn't you didn't want to give it to the old lady, but you'll look at the young Like it was almost like praying on the vanity of men. And like how they objectified women. I feel like too, Like it was wild, like she presented herself as an old woman. But then oh, you're not going to be kind to me.
Speaker 2: What you're missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we knew about the story as kids, and we were trying and we were both smoking cigarettes, me and my friend Heather, and we swear I was looking in the rear view mirror and she was looking at hers, and I was looking at the one that's on the outside in the passengers we both could see somebody in the back seat smoking a cigarette. I swear to god, I'm getting like this, I'm sorry now, Oh my god, and literally both turned around and there was no one there. And really but you saw like we were both freaking out, Like she started driving so slow, like it was like so we already were smoking cigarettes, so that kind of you know, we didn't really like all of a sudden smell it, but we were wondering like, oh, maybe she jumped in, like because she wanted when and she knew we were smoking or something. But we totally am like a believer, like crazy, uh, like I saw I saw like a lady's reflection in the mirror. Turned around, there was no one there, like we both at the same time. It was really really weird.
Speaker 2: You got to experience an icon a legend to have her and Sasha Kobe in the same car at the same time. That is like, that's some royalty.
Speaker 1: That's some goddss.
Speaker 2: There you go, Well, my goddess, I'm curious what your thoughts are on psychics.
Speaker 1: Okay, I totally believe there's this one psychic. She's kind of known like in Hawaii. Her name is Lanvo. She's like this old Asian lady. A lot of the trans girls, a lot of a lot of people in general like go and see her to like read her fortunes for like the year, the upcoming season. I've never personally went to her. I've always wanted to, but all of like my drag moms and like like drag sisters and Nancy all would go to her, and she was always spotting.
Speaker 2: How does she do it?
Speaker 1: She would never say. She would just kind of look at you and then she'd be like, you have to do this, you have to do that. You're about to get this, Like she would just like kind of plainly like tell it to you. You know who actually, because his wife is from Hawaii and went to the same gang studio as mine, is Wayne Brady him and as well go and see Lanvo a lot. Yeah, I need to see her before she passes. That would be that's something I have to do when I go home again.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she was old when I was young, So I mean, you know, like they just never age, really weird.
Speaker 2: That's who I want to tell me? What's what?
Speaker 1: I also don't want to know my future, Like let me be surprised.
Speaker 2: I don't either. But if I had to choose anyone, it would be an old woman, Yes.
Speaker 1: For sure, like I believe like she probably is like one of the grandmothers from Mulan, you know, like beads of jade for beauty.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will don't let anything she has to say. Yeah, but you have never been to one yourself, Actually I have.
Speaker 1: I did one on ig on Ig live during the pandemic. His name is Roy, and I had some family members pass and he was able to like connect me with my dad who had passed like almost nine years from now, really, but this was what like four years ago, and I didn't really tell him, like I'm pretty much like a skeptic as well as a believer. Like I want you to also like prove it to me a little bit. Let's, you know, step it up. So I didn't really give him a lot of information. And the things that you were saying, you couldn't like Wikipedia or Google it of me. So it was just very wild, Like he was talking about my niece who had passed away like just recently when we did that, and yeah, my dad who was who had passed I got to connect with him. I've always feel like I can connect with my ancestors. I feel like my grandmother on my dad's side, who was pure Hawaiian, she was the last grandparent that passed away, and I was the last. I'm the youngest of seven, so I never got to meet any of my grandparents. But my grandma Mary passed away a couple months before me, and I swear she's like my guardian angel and sometimes she jumps in my body and like takes care of things for me. I definitely believe that there's just been way too many things and synchronicities that has happened not to get like deep and morbid, but whatever it all, Oh my god, this is so dishing, But like whatever, fam my grandmother, my dad's mom, and my mother did not get my mother. She was pretty mean to my grandmother, and my grandmother was going to leave my dad the house, like the generational home, which is kind of like n like first nations, like reservations, but they have like these sects of the island in Hawaii called Hawaiian homelands, and you have to be a certain amount of Hawaiian, but you get the land for free and you can build your home, and like it gets passed out from generation to generation. So it was first of my grandmother's and she naturally wanted to get it to my dad because he was the youngest, and then my dad would give it to me because I'm the youngest. But I found out like some scandals like way after this is probably after my dad passed up, was talking to my brothers and we're like wait, what, so, like my grandmother really didn't like my mom and did not want her to have the house, so she actually on her deathbed like wrote it to another kid. And technically my mom and dad had to move out of that house because my grandmother really didn't want my mom living there. But my uncle who got the house, he felt sorry for my dad and my mom and so he let them live there for like ten years, twelve years, and then he ended up passing away and on his deathbed, my aunts, my dad's sisters, both of them go to his deathbed and it's like, you know, Mom wouldn't want my mother to have it, so he signed it over to my aunt instead of giving it to my dad and died. And then we find out, oh, my gosh said still more, you should be charging me like some therapy sessions right now. This is like the craziest story. Also, this comes into play. I grew up Jehovah's witness so I grew up in like a ver like cultie they're also Jehovah's witnesses. So when my uncle passed, my dad then found out that they had to leave because my auntie Alice, actually got the house and so they were like you have to get out, and you know Mom didn't want my mother in there, so you all got to go. And they started they started freaking out, and they already had like three three of my brothers and sisters, so there was three of them of seven and my mom and dad, and they started like rain you or like hoping that something would happen, and it just so happened like Jehovah's witnesses started knocking on their door and so they started like going to the meetings and like going to church, and it just so happened at the same time when they were transferring like the papers over to my auntie Alice, they found out that my auntie Alice is and my auntie she's adopted, so she didn't have enough Hawaiian to inherit. So it went automatically to my dad and my mom and dad went home and said, it's no more Christmas. Jehovah did it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They literally thought like they prayed to Jehovah, and Jehovah gatto my house, so rounding that whole thing off my grandmother who still needs to have the last day because that is her property, and like she got it. When I was on the call with that psychic, he told me, like there is a book or like something like your grandmother written pretty much a curse. My grandmother cursed the land and buried it in the ground on the property. Now when she buried it, it was on like our lawn area. But the new house we built over the curse. Probably how it's a curse and we don't know where this book is. Like I literally trying to like dig up my house to find this curse. Let's get some shovels, I know, like get it. So I believe that it's kind of like now under the house that is currently there, and I believe it's like to get my mom out of the house because.
Speaker 2: It worked, my God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about generational trauma ghosts. What else do you need a little bit of a little bit of like cult Let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about it honestly. Yes, So do you still have like some Jehovah witness in your in your consciousness or.
Speaker 1: I mean I grew up just only knowing that, so yeah, I definitely have. Like I think I kept like the moral compass, Like there are certain things that I appreciated about what they believe in. But for the most part, I don't really like man made religion. I believe in spirituality, but it's hard for me to like have any religion that's saying that my sin being queer is worse than the person sitting next to me. Then I know that he's fucking his girlfriend's cousin and just got her pregnant. But they're gonna they're different, right right, But me being gay was an fine. I'm like, I don't believe that, you know, I think we're all just gonna go to hold and that's here, that's where we are now totally.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. Like most religions, there's stuff about like being a good person and like not ye no stealing or whatever, and it's like, yeah, that stuff works for me or whatever, but yeah, that's just being a good person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's going to get you in or out of like the after world or the afterlife. And it's wild because they sell it Jehovah's this, they premise. Their whole thing is like it's so made for people of color, like that specific religion is made to like prey on a lot of like there's a lot of like Latinos, there's a lot of like Filipinos, a lot of Hawaiians that believe that follow you know, Jehovah's witnesses. And it's because they make your promise like, hey, your life sucks. This life sucks for you, like you have it awful if you pray to us and if you go to the church enough, you can have the promise of this beautiful, everlasting life where we're all equal and everyone's good and there's no heaving or help. But your ancestors or your loved ones will be raised from the dead and you'll all live happily ever after for eternity. I don't even want to spend Sunday with you for two hours? Why would I want to spend eternity with any of the fuckers? Tell me that.
Speaker 2: Please, Yeah, we're just gonna do the thriller dance.
Speaker 1: You're all just gonna for eternity. No, fuck that. I don't even want to spend like a fucking hour with these people, these fucking hypocrites, let alone, Like you got to you gotta sell me on something a little more runny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what this all leads suit.
Speaker 1: No, I was like, I'm gone goodbye. But I think it was at fourteen. I went home one day. I was like, I hate it. I hate these hypocrites and they're mean to me, and I don't want to go, And like I kind of like told them my parents, like the truth, and they couldn't argue it. They're like, all right, you don't have to go anymore. I also think it's probably just they were embarrassed of the queer kid. They're like, did you just stay home? That's fine? So I watched the tailor room, and those are my gods.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking of the afterlife, there's a thing that others believe, some believe. I'm starting to believe this that when you die, I guess there's a couple of options. Your relatives come from the grave and you get to spend the eternity with them. You go to heaven, you go to hell, or you go inside of a haunted eBay doll. Can I show you a haunted eBay doll?
Speaker 1: Yes, I would love that.
Speaker 2: It's time for the dolls are living, Okay, So this is what I do. I go to eBay dot com to find various dolls, honey, and there's hundreds of them at all times.
Speaker 1: And you are a dolt and a doll collector. I love it.
Speaker 2: And I don't collect these, okay, I just give them a spotlight. I use my platform to help these dolls to get seen, to get talked about. And if anyone wants to purchase these dolls, they can. I'm not going to now. You know a lot of times they're fabulous, gorgeous. That's not necessarily what we got here, but it's fun. Nonetheless, geehaw, could you show us Leonyard?
Speaker 1: Oh, Leonard Leonard.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like.
Speaker 1: Leonard looks really sweet.
Speaker 2: He looks like Wilford Brimley. Do you know that guy?
Speaker 1: Totally? He was a postmaster general.
Speaker 2: He looks he.
Speaker 1: Looks like the cream of week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like a nice older white man with like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Like he's got some worthers butt a sketch. You want some buttter sketch in his Look at his geese.
Speaker 2: I love this whole body. Keep it on that one gia I like.
Speaker 1: I like the little uh feet are a little turned in.
Speaker 2: He's shy, shy, and he's got like little jeans that are cuffed.
Speaker 1: The jeans are actually rather in fashion right now, Like if you took off either of those tops and just had one of those, like, you look like anyone in silver legs totally.
Speaker 2: And he's got the flannel and the mustache. I mean he is kind of a silver leg guy.
Speaker 1: He's giving silver fox silver legs.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a silver daddy and silver leg is.
Speaker 1: Something in his hand is that like a switch?
Speaker 2: It's a wand.
Speaker 1: He's fancy.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what it is, Yeah, okay, it could be a switch.
Speaker 1: I was like a fishing pole.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. But okay, he comes with a biography. Oh I'm not going to read this whole thing, but here's some of it. It says, let me tell you about Leonard, a spirit who is protective, kind and has a unique ability to ward off evil entities. So you could have used Leonard back when you had that sleep paralysis. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like my grandmother is Leonard. Okay, yeah that maybe you don't.
Speaker 2: Does she need a man?
Speaker 1: I mean there should make a doll for my grandmother and put on an ebear.
Speaker 2: It says he can watch over multiple spirits and people at once, making him a reliable companion to be by your side. His remarkable skill is his ability to work with people's shadow selves, helping them accept and understand that these shadows are part of their identity. So he kind of helps you.
Speaker 1: I'd like a helpful ghost doll. I feel like it's not like an Annabelle.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, totally, he's getting me like vibes. Yes, it's like, at least, you know, help me a little bit. If I'm going to buy you and have you in my home, like, don't just try to kill me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd rather someone that can help me talk to the spirits.
Speaker 2: It says he loves to travel.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's got money.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if he has the money, that's the thing you have to buy him and then what he's gonna be Like, So where are we going to now? Bitch? Are you paying?
Speaker 1: Oh? Babe? I thought too many of those partners.
Speaker 2: He loves to travel. He's always encouraging me to try new things. In fact, the reason I picked up a couple of new hobbies is because of Leonard. He is the kind of spirit who will tell you to let go of your worries and ed problems and just be you. He may not always agree with you, but he will always do what's best for you. Oh my god, So why are they selling Leonard if he's so great? That's always my question with.
Speaker 1: I love him so much. She actually helped me so much. Like, so why they're like, no, no, no, he's great, Like you just want to spread the joy. I've never heard of human being the one to do that.
Speaker 2: So often with these and they'll be like, this brings you so much money and wealth. It's like, then why are you selling it for five dollars?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, it says when he first arrived. He was more reserved until he got to know me, so it might take a bit longer than usual for him to fully settle in with you. In his earthly life, he was a construction worker and spent his spare time looking after dogs. So he that's what I'll do, honey, These dating apps, this kennel. He is perfectly fine to be homed with pets. He loves to fish out, and that's why he's carrying.
Speaker 1: A fishing pole with him.
Speaker 2: There are some extra things about Leonard that make him special. Whenever he had a free moment, he enjoyed painting portraits. He also had an interest in witchcraft and has learned from other spirits around him. This is an unlikely looking witch. To be honest with you, I would not guess that this man was into witchcraft, but whatever he says. When he was looking for a vessel aka a haunted doll to jump inside of or you know it's a regular doll to make haunted, he said, he chose the nearest one, so that's why he's in that one. It so's the best way to communicate with him is through pendulum telepathy. Speaking to him in a calming voice.
Speaker 1: I mean I can't do that with people like let alone with the doll, Like, thanks for reading me, Leonard.
Speaker 2: He says he died at age sixty nine in a landslide. Oh my god, Stevie Niggs.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say he should.
Speaker 2: Have retired, but he loved his job in one to keep working as long as possible. Finally, if you decide to welcome him into your life, you may find yourself motivated to try new things or go to new places you might expect.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna no, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm done exactly. See that's how I am with these dating apps with like as soon as I see someone hiking, I'm like, no, I'm not doing that with you.
Speaker 1: Or holding a fish. Oh my god, I'm not taking the picture. I'm not going on a boat. You white boys like to just go on boats and fish. What do you do with any psychopathics?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, you're gonna throw me out there. And why are you showing me this port dead fish? They love to show off these giant fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love to show fish, honey.
Speaker 2: It says you might experience cold spots or cold breezes around your face. You'll see orbs or feel something touching you. Leonard is okay with animals and children, so you do not have to worry about them being around him.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. Well, anyway, that's.
Speaker 2: Leonard and anyone listening. If you want to see who we're talking about, go to Instagram ghosted by ros under the Stone retab that says dolls Sasha Kobe, could I play some ghost.
Speaker 1: Voices like real ghost faces?
Speaker 2: It's time for EVP or ev please, Okay. So here's what I do. Okay, was that a real person that just walked behind you?
Speaker 1: Or was that a ghost that was a real person that wasn't a ghost?
Speaker 2: Okay? So here's what I like to do, Sasha. I like to go to typically YouTube and find people's EVPs. Okay. So people are constantly ghost hunting whatever they believe they've captured a ghost saying something. Then they post it and then I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you an abcd uh one of them being what they believe the ghost to saying. Okay, So this first one, this was posted by Hawaiian. Say Hawaii Hawaiian Hawaiian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how come?
Speaker 3: How come you sometimes do that Hawaii because there's an apostrophe or what we call them oquina in between the two eyes, and that means you pronounce each i hawaiianka.
Speaker 1: But there is an okina in Hawaiian because that's like technically like whitified. That's our nationality, not really our ethnicity.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that Hawaiian haunting. And this is a place called the Portuguese House. Okay, before I play it, there is somebody. There's a living human that talks like kind of overlapping it at the end. So just listen in for the ghost before it. Uh, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 1: Think of the story?
Speaker 2: Okay, could you hear that?
Speaker 1: I barely heard it. I could hear the human.
Speaker 2: I know it's like a whisper. Let me put it again.
Speaker 1: Think of the story. I heard it like a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me play it again.
Speaker 1: Think of the story like I am done.
Speaker 2: Ooh that's a good one. Wait wait, wait, I think of the story. Sure that's possible. That is not what Hawaiian hauntings thought. Did they think it was a I don't care girl. Do they think it was B I didn't tell anybody? Do they think it was C here I come or d your iconic.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think they thought that. They said C.
Speaker 2: They believe it was B. I didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't hear that anybody.
Speaker 2: I think that that is the human talks over the anybody got it? I think? Let me play it again.
Speaker 1: I think of the story day man. I wish she didn't talk. I know, because I hear I didn't. Now, isn't that weird what your mind will think? Well, you're just told it's.
Speaker 2: Funny that you said. You ask if it's what my mind thinks? Because this next EVP comes from a YouTube user named Roz Hernandez The Haunted Doll. Now, this crazy bitch believes that she had captured a ghost saying something. All right, This is from episode two of my new YouTube series Rose Hernandez The Haunted Doll. And I went to this haunted hotel and stayed in this haunted room. The hotel is called the Hotel Monta Vista in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that the one that's like westername that is still wild? Because I went to flag Staff and I was staying at a haunted hotel that they filmed like old Western movies, and every room was named after a different celebrity, and the Clark. I was in the Clark gable room, and I fully thought I saw like a haunted family, but they were just a random family on the roof. I thought that they were looking in my window.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, that is the hotel I went to. That place is very.
Speaker 1: Haunted, super haunted. I did pride there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, so it was that hotel. By the way, I will say full disclosure, and I don't know if this was your experience. It was one of the loudest places I have ever spent time. And I used to work in nightclubs. This place, I could hear everything on the street, I hear everything in the building. It was loud, so it was kind of hard to goost time. But I think that sometimes I could hear at least my devices captured voices that seemed to be not outside they were in the room because they were just too clear.
Speaker 1: I completely believe you heard it's something me here because I stayed there, so I get it well.
Speaker 2: The room that I stayed in, room three oh five, is haunted allegedly by an old lady who died in the rocking chair. And now this rocking chair moves on its own. What is this guy saying? Do you hear it?
Speaker 1: I heard something? I know you're something, that's definitely something.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I feel valitated.
Speaker 1: I know you're And then it gets a little the.
Speaker 2: Voice is like a couple of seconds into this.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, I hear I know yours.
Speaker 2: Well, that is not what Hrores Fernanda is the haunted all thought? Did she think it was a why you dumb? Did she think it was b right? Now? See quiet down? Or d Kisasha Kobe come back here for Bride?
Speaker 1: I think you thought they said.
Speaker 2: See I did I believe that this goes? Said quiet down? Now. I don't know if she was talking to me. I'm assuming she was talking to the people outside. Now that we know it's quiet down, listen up. Okay, oh yeah, see I've been doing this for years, just taking people's youtubes and putting them on my podcast and putting these people on blast. When it's you, it's real vulnerable. Okay. I will say, I'm learning a lot today.
Speaker 1: My mind, how the tables have turned, how the rocking chair has rocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna do one rapid fire thing. I'm just gonna list up some like paranormal things. And then I want to know if you believe in it, if you have a story, what do you think Ouiji boards?
Speaker 1: Love them, love the aesthetic, love, use one. No, I respect it too much. Oh okay, I got too many conjurings going on.
Speaker 2: Do want to conjure things up like that? Out of nowhere? You really have to have free time and be open to making friends. And I've got enough friends right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got both of those on. No, do not disturb. I'll start roll filled up with friends. Thanks.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: I feel like Bigfoot and I was shared the same heels. Actually, a delta work calls me sasquatch Kobe, so I must believe in it since I am would she call you that or sausage Kobe? I don't know, and I'll be like, my phone name is sausage Roll.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, sasquatch Kobe.
Speaker 1: That is rude, very dope, so dope.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's real? Do you think that there is such a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I believe.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, do they have one in Hawaii?
Speaker 1: They have random like weird little creatures that they talk about, not necessarily like a bigfoot or like a Sasquatch. Okay, yeah, yeah, more so like they have like these many who ney which are like little people like gnomes apparently like they're like very gnome like in their tricksters and will like kind of like fu fuck with your ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of different cultures have that kind of a thing. I'm like a lot of Latin American cultures have duendees, which is like very similar to that. Okay, UFOs, what do you.
Speaker 1: Think waiting for one to take.
Speaker 2: Me as well? I'm fighting you for that.
Speaker 1: Just fucking take me back.
Speaker 2: I'm hopefully we both get chosen at the same time, because.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're both that. We'll call right for the next rode.
Speaker 2: Literally whatever stand by list you need me to sign up for. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I got the points. Let's go like I've been collecting them.
Speaker 2: We'll take delta.
Speaker 1: Things are looking really bad or her, somebody's gonna come and get me, honey.
Speaker 2: Well, things are not looking bad in the world of Sasha Kobe, tell us what is going on for you? Where we can find you, where we can see you.
Speaker 1: You can find me on these streets, honey. Now you can find me probably at your nearest airport. That's where I can. Most people like, what are you doing here as of right now? Actually, I don't know when this is gored of air But tomorrow I'm getting my FFS, So I'm actually like taking October and November off stop. Yeah. Man, finally get my.
Speaker 2: Facial feminization surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm one of the last people to get to see this version of you.
Speaker 1: Actually I think you are.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget this. I know.
Speaker 1: It's say goodbye to this all of this. Look see mate, my UFO forehead.
Speaker 2: You know I've said this before and I'll say it again with you here. When I first decided to post about transitioning, you were one of the first people to reach out to me and tell me congratulations. Meant a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. I remember we were we would work together and I was like, oh, I totally get that. Yeah, it's good for you. And now just seeing how happy you are, like immersed in all these ghosts and you're still such a light. It's so wonderful cause you're well, you need to be. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna take some time off, so you're not going to be doing.
Speaker 1: Taking some time off November twenty ninth to December twenty third, I will be doing a Drag Queen Christmas with Peter and Murray, so you can catch me on tour. I will be revealing my face in every city. I'm excited. Yeah, it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Where do we get your hair? Where we get your ponytails?
Speaker 1: You can get my Sasha Coby phonytails on solon Extensions dot com, or you can go straight to Sashakoby dot net and you'll get your little uh, your little link there. You can get any of my merch from my best Judy dot com or Sashakoby dot net. What else could you get from me? I don't know. If you ask nicely let me, I don't know. I might give you anything.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. This was such a great episode.
Speaker 1: Ros. I can't believe finally got to do this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. This Sasha she is just She's incredible and I can't wait to see her new face. It's always nice to talk to somebody that I've known since my drag days. I've gone real drag queen lately. I'm touring with Bob the Drag Queen. It was just some palm Springs, working with Coco Peru and Jackie Beaten, all the old Gales. I love it. That is so part of my heritage. And people like Sasha and all these queens, they have shaped me into what I am today, and they are my heroes. So I'm so happy that she was able to join us, and I'm happy you're listening in November. Halloween's over all those fair weather spooky queens. You know these people, they come in during October and then they go all right, no more spooky. It's Christmas time, not you people. You people are the real freaks that stick around. And I love you. I love you all but living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at Ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia hard Start, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.