Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 1: Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: We with muties.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: What up? Glorious Wednesday, last day of August.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Detroit.
Speaker 2: We're here. It's like the home team man too.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Beautiful day in the city.
Speaker 4: What are we doing.
Speaker 2: At home teams here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we put the back call out.
Speaker 5: Shout everybody that was watching that Ransom Jams episode, very informative. Shout everybody that tuned into episode two hundred yesterday with Jamal King. Another legendary one. Shout out to the city of Detroit. We got something special on the way. What up though, and shout everybody that tune into the legendary market Mondays is Monday, another classic, Love is Love?
Speaker 2: We got a special one today, another one.
Speaker 4: Just keep going. Man twenty four our news channel, we just had We just had Matt and Keanu Watson on. They just wrapped up about a half an hour ago, dope episode of Rants and Gyms covering I think of America's new program that's no Money down mortgages. So that's big and right back, right back, like we never left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be interested. How many people things going that trend starts? I mean final institutions you think picked that up?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be interesting to see. Had the home team is here, sam My dog, what's going on? I see you in here. It's gooody about to start. Shout to all my educators out there that have started their new week of their first week of school, Shout out to all those that will be starting next week. I know when we get to that late August feeling, it's that that anxiety kicking. It's time to start to show again. So happy New Year everyone that's going back back into the building and doing the job, the most noble job in the world, and that's educating all youth.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all of y'all. Love is love, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: So all right, we're not even gonna waste too much time as we wait for Sonya to come in. Well, let you know what's going on here. So eyl University online platform that we created over two years ago, which has grown to be one of the largest communities online hands on education. We do weekly classes, we do weekly uh investing trading session shout out to Chris. We do monthly financial planning calls, we do book club, movie club, real estate call to the mt the mortgage car it's the whole community that we've been able to assemble. So we do with these with these what's called open enrollments. So the last Wednesday of the month, we we open it up and we put it on YouTube and it's just you know, kind of peak into the window of what we do on a weekly pretty much a daily basis at EYL University. So it's something that you know, we try to just, you know, like I said, show people exactly what's going on. If you're interested, then you can join Voyo University. The biggest everything we do is the biggest. So today's topic is something that's extremely timely and I'll put a post up last week about Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness program plan and it was very well received. They got like over five hundred thousand views. So what I talked about was his plan to forgive ten thousand dollars to do loans if you make under one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars and up to twenty thousand dollars for Hell grant recipients that fit the same income criteria. So being that you know, that's something that's fresh out the news and it's time sensitive as well, we thought that it would be a good topic to cover tonight. So reached out to Sonya who is a student loan specialist called student Loan Doctor. She's an ey L alumni and she actually just came from investments. She did invests. Well, so anybody that was at investments and got to see her talk. You know, she gave a bunch of information. Actually was able to go up there by herself and speak for about forty five minutes. Had a presentation how to boofit invest fest also, so anytime that we get a chance to connect with Sonya is good. So, yeah, this is going to be one of those very very informative conversations. I'm sure that she'll provide a you know, a ton of information and also at the end we'll be answering some questions because I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have questions in regards to student loans. And if you don't have a question, then you might be able to learn from somebody else's question. So there's something that you know, definitely definitely looking forward to.
Speaker 5: Sure, there are forty three million people who have student loan debt, and I'm talking about all of us because I am one of the us. I have STD loan debt, So even I have questions, right because things change, and every time change happens, there needs to be new explanations.
Speaker 2: So I got some questions. Hopefully we can get some answers.
Speaker 5: I've read a lot about it, just because I'm interested I'm actually going through the process myself.
Speaker 2: If you listen to an episode.
Speaker 5: Which probably like over a year ago, I had applied for loan forgiveness just being in public service, working for thirteen years, ten of them being in Inner City. You know, you qualify for long forgiveness after I think one hundred and twenty payments, so I had met the criteria. I felt like Isaiah Thomas though with the Jordan thing. I don't know what I met the criteria to be accepted, but I was not accepted. And now that there's new changes, I get to apply again. So hopefully I'll fit the criteria and have complete loan forgiven. It's not just ten thousand, which I don't think i'll I don't think I'll qualified for anymore unfortunately. But yeah, man, so it's gonna be interesting tonight. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: So all right, so we'll we'll get this started in one minute. But before I just wanted to make an announcement. I think Sonya is there. So we are having something really really big in New York City next week that we're very very excited about. For the first time ever. You know, they let they let the financial guys in the fashion world. So you know, we are. We've been big on fashion for a long time. We always you know, we talk about fashion a lot. So we're doing a show at New York Fashion Week. Yeah, Monumental. Shout out to Ally for sponsoring that, and shout out to the United Masters for partnering with us on that. So yeah, the first ever, you know, we're bringing financial literacy to the world of fashion. It's a surprise as far as like what's going to happen in the show because we want to keep everything kind of secret and in the moment. But it's gonna be super dope for sure. And uh yeah, you can RVP if you want to attend. Space is extremely limited, but again, yeah, for sure, try to get there early advised. Hey what's going on? So, Hey, guys, how I was just making an announcement. We're having a show at New York Fashion Week, so you know, I'm kind of excited about that. But the last thing I'll say before I hand over the baton is for that New York Fashion Week. Another thing that we just announced just now is that we're going to have something exclusive for EYL University members on Thursday. On Thursday, we're having all day education workshop where we're bringing some of the top minds in fashion world to come talk about their career journey to educate people on the world to fashion about career opportunities in fashion. So that's gonna be So Friday is gonna be the show, but Thursday is gonna be the all day education and that the Thursday part is only gonna be for Eyo University people. So I'll put that link. Maybe we can put that link in the zoom and then we'll also put that link in the Facebook group if you want to if you want to attend that. But if you do want to attend that Eyo University, make sure you sign up early because it's on a first come, first serve basis as far as as concerned. But that's gonna be a really really dope education into the world of fashion if you're interested in business and fashion and different things of that nature. So all right, so let's get into this, Sonya without further Ado. I want to I want to handle baton over to you and let you do your thing.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to be here. I had to tell the captain to pull me up right to the gate and a sweet for you guys, So listen, these announcements that we're about to share today, and thank you so much for having me on here, are so major, and I want to make sure that we take our time and walk through the information. I do want to start with what's happening per bidens updates. More information just came out today, so I'm really really excited to share that, and guys, my biggest concern is that we're putting out all this quality information, but people still may miss the application that's attached to it, if that makes sense. So we really really want to get into that conversation and hopefully have a really great Q and A tonight as well. So first thing first, if anybody's taking notes, I'm going to just break some things down and then we'll get into it. The application for the ten or twenty one thousand dollars that Biden is given out is going to be released in about four weeks, so it's really really important to note in about four weeks we're going to see it be released. I'm going to talk about some barriers to receiving that money in just a second, but it is going to be via an application, so I don't want people to think that ten twenty thousand is magically going to appear in their account. It's just not there has to be an application completed. The quickest way a cheat sheet if you will, to knowing how much money you're going to get, is if you log into student aid doc Gov. So student aid doc Gov. Log in and you're going to click your dashboard. Well, guys, when they log in, they're going to see two circles or one. If you see a blue circle, that represents your student loans. A green circle represents the pel grant. Now, not a lot of us remember if we receive pel grant in college, Like, do you guys remember that? Like you might have, might not, but you know how old you are. I know, we don't look at them, you know. I'm like, so we have these conversations like no, So that's number one. So log in and see if you see two circles, and it just goes like this. If you see a green circle, If you see two circles, you see a green circle, you're most likely going to be eligible for the twenty K. If you log in you only see a blue circle, meaning you did not receive a pel grant, then you're going to only be eligible for ten k, just as simple as we could do it. So two circles twenty k, one circle ten K, and don't worry about what's in the circles. Okay. Now, the next thing is, these are the important numbers. You have to have earned less than one hundred and twenty five thousand for twenty and twenty or twenty and twenty one. So they go to look at your adjusted ghost income for twenty and twenty twenty twenty one, and the number is one hundred twenty five thousand. If you are married fouled jointly, the number goes up to two hundred and fifty thousand. So it's just as simple as that. Going by some people didn't file twenty and twenty one taxes, right, so they're going by your twenty twenty Somebody said, what if I didn't file those? You need to go follow them and you have just a simple say and then write this down. Guys, you have up to a year to receive this, uh this money. Now, I'm gonna be honest with you, Troy, and shot it. I wouldn't wait a year, okay, because we know that government programs change every day, so you should not wait a year. You have up to a year. The next thing is you're probably thinking, well, how do I know, you know, if I'm going to receive this money, if I, you know, have a circle and I made less than one twenty five, here's the here's the last caveat. Now this part's a little bit more trigger So I'm gonna try to explain it through. You're going to have to figure out if you have direct loans or FFEL loans. So the Family Federal Education Loan Program is not sponsored through the government. The government makes no money for everyone that has an f f EL loan. About eight million Americans have f FL loans, So about eight million people. If they don't consolidate a SAP, they will not get this money or they're not going to get as much money. If they only have ff EL loans, and if they have a mixture, they would get the money that applied to their direct loans. But if you only have f f EL loans, you will get no money. I know that sounds really tricky, so let me say it again. You must have direct loans for the money to be applied towards your loan account, all right, And if we were like in a super live session, I would say type got it if you got it. So that here's the tricky part, guys, we don't know how they're going to give out this application link. My assumption is through studentaid dot gov, but that website shuts down if you look at it too hard. So I don't know how this application is going to be disseminated once it does. I know that we're committed to helping people at no charge get it done. Be careful. A lot of skin are starting right now, so I'm literally receiving screenshots in my DM every day, Like this company said they can help me do the twenty K application for only five hundred. Don't pay that, so just be careful that you're going to be get some phone calls, some texts. You don't have to pay that, guys to get some help, but you do want to help others that may not have access to the internet, the computer, or just be not tech savvy, because that is going to be the barrier to receive the money. So that's the gist of what's coming down the pipeline for that. I can go into other updates, but I just wanted to pause there first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just some people that don't like if they don't remember if they have a pel grant. So sixty percent of student loan borrows are pelgrant recipients, so that could be you. And predominantly most of the people who have them are people of color. And it is incomeveysed, so I think it's like, if you made under thirty five thousand or maybe now it's fifty thousand as a household, that you probably qualified for it. So if you're in that when you went to school, if those were the conditions that you probably qualify for a pelt band, you probably got it right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So let's get into other updates before I forgot to actually pin this link to Eyo University, so I'm just do that real quick. So Eyo University once again for anybody that just joined. This is something that we do every single week, but we do it once a month on YouTube. It's kind of like an opening roament, what we call, and it's an open window into what we have going on, which is a curriculum made up of real estate stocks. Every single week, we do a trading room with Chris, we do financial planning, we do real estate, we do all kinds of stuff like that. So long story, short we're doing a sale a flash that we haven't done this in a few months, but coming off of Investfest that's the last time we did it was before that in the spring. So forty eight hours. We're doing fifty percent off, which is five hundred dollars for the entire year fourninety nine and Big Ezach And it includes two hundred past videos, it includes everything. It's like a thousand hours worth of content. And it actually includes the Home Bodies Blueprint one, Volume one and two from MG to More. That's thirty two hours of real estate content. So it's probably the best deal that you've ever received in your life. So, but you have to enter cold Student. So go to Eyo University dot com intercold Student and you get fifty percent off of your annual membership for forty eight hours sale. So all right, sonya my bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you can you talk about the other some other updates? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yes? All right, So we got a couple more important dates. When I tell you, I feel like every day it's a new day to be released. The next important date is that the Public Service Loan Forgiveness limit waiver is going to be ending on October thirty. First, I'm telling you right now, I'm just looking at the Twitter from the Department at They're not changing that date. Okay, They've been sending it out like every day. And this is the biggest loan forgiveness program in the history of student alone day. I literally guys wake up every day to a DM of somebody saying because they did something or they heard something from us, even from your conference, that was huge, just massive loan that forgiving at your conference got I was just amazed. People were coming up. Literally, one lady came up crying two hundred and two thousand forgiven, and she said, I heard of you through the YOL So I'm just really excited to see what's happening. So let's talk about how to make that a reality for someone. So I'm going to break this down and hope no one gets a little lost. So from two thousand and seven to twenty and twenty two, if you ever and the key word here with Cheade and Troy is ever, even if you didn't leave a good standing, even if you never ever paid a student loan payment before, because the people, you know, the brain would make you say what I didn't. If you ever worked at a qualified employer. We'll talk about that in a second. You are eligible to get credit for that work time. You didn't have to make a payment. You just had to show up on work. Okay. If they said you went to work and somebody can sign in a test to it, you're going to get credit. And so when we think about government, military, education, health care that's not for profit, we think about public service, law enforcement, nonprofits of course those entities. If you've ever I can't stress enough work there, you are eligible. Just send the paperwork in. If your employer closed down, maybe didn't leave on good terms. There is an option to do what's called self certified, so don't worry about that. Like literally, there's a box you'll check the mohelia slash Department Education will get back to you and say if they need anything further from you, but just fill out the form. Okay. So that's number one. Number two this is really really big. So guys, I don't know if y'all know this, but the government recently admitted to messing up. Did y'all know about that? The Department of Ed said we messed up. They have a whole announcement out online and how they messed up is they entrusted lenders to keep count of every payment that was made towards PSL left or towards an income driven repayment program. So just imagine this a breakdown for you guys. So let's say Troy, Let's say you ever call and you called your loan lender and you was like, you know what, guys, I can't make this payment? Can I get an extended forbearance? You have a call for forbearance?
Speaker 2: To Troy, Ever, yeah, I have.
Speaker 6: Most people have. And when you called them where you would leave that the call was only about two or three minutes and.
Speaker 2: They say, yes, I was. It was different times.
Speaker 6: So there's a term for that that's technically illegal. That is technically illegal. It's called for bearing steering. So what that means is lenders every time you called them, they were actually supposed to spend time with you on the phone and ask you about your finances, ask you why you couldn't make a payment, what's happening here? Right? And instead they go okay, sure, And so you're like, WHOA, I got off forget So that would be that happened for a lot of people for months, years, right. So here's what happens. So the government said, because that was illegal, they should have done some proper counseling with you. They're going to give up to three years of credit towards student loan payments. So what does this look like in November December, there is an exact date. They just said in the late fall of this year. They're going to credit anyone's account that was in for bear parents twelve months at a time for up to three years. So every twelve months it was one year, for up to three years, they're going to give a credit towards your account. You don't have to apply for it, you don't have to do anything. They're just going to do an account adjustment. The only caveat again is you have to have a direct loan. So if you're a role you know, shy in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, you know you have to meet a maximum of ten years. Well, I don't know what everyone's calculation is that are in the PSLF program, but just imagine, let's say you had seven years in right, you got your back credit from your employers, and this is why people are getting out of student loan dad in thirty days. Then they're going to see three years on top of that, of top of that eligibility. So that so we're going to see a lot of people already getting their loans clear through PSL left, and then in November December, we're going to see a whole other wave of people getting their loans clear. To be honest with you, some people are not even going to need the money that bite is about to give out, because that's how much your loan forgiveness is happening. Okay, so that's the big part right there. That's that we have one more section to cover. Okay, it's a lot happy there.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: So that public service I was before you came on. I was speaking about the public service on because I remember I told you that when I applied for their criteria was so ridiculous that like only one percent of people qualifying, and that's changed.
Speaker 2: I even had some coworkers that have actually done it.
Speaker 5: But you said the part where if so like I worked in the school and now the school has changed names four times, the principles no longer there, and you're just tell them what we have to do.
Speaker 2: You said, it's self self certified certified.
Speaker 6: So when you look at the application on page one, there's a little box that says, click here if you have to self certify and give some reasons as to why. Now, that's not something you want to do. It's only you. Only do it if you have to do it, because they're going to ask you for like maybe some tax returns, some other proof that you work there. So that's going to be the long route. We don't really have that much time. Only do it if you know that if that school is closed in this example, then do it. If the school is still open and there's somebody there that could attest to your work history, then go that route.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, got you perfect morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, one more update Barber's defense. So you saw the article come out where the government was bragging about getting about I think it was like thirteen million and stud loans forgiven. Through Barber's defense, two hundred schools came out. And this is what's really really important for the African American community. You know, for profit schools always have targeted our community. And so when we saw that list come out, we're like, okay, game time, University of Phoenix, it t Tech Deride.
Speaker 4: Remember all those itt check those school.
Speaker 6: So look at that list. I penned the list on my page. You know you guys want to post your stories like that list is so crucial. If you see your school, you see your friends school or the area, like you got an obligation to tell people to do the application. Now, the application used to be a paper application, twenty five pages long. Nobody was doing it. Now it's online through studenta dot gov. You log in, click Barber's defense and you just walk through it and you fill out the reasons why you feel you're eligible to get this money refunded. Now it is a long application. I'm not gonna lie. We help with that. But here's the kicker, guys, I don't want to see people if like, if you see your school and you don't apply, it's extremely weird. They're literally going to take that loan money off of your credit totally forgive you. Here's the biggest caveat. They're gonna give you some money back, like money money like tangible checks. And I didn't believe this until my friend screenshot at me or picture like what a check from itc tech. I said, oh, this is real, you know, can you hear about these things? And so he's gonna get a checked for a little while, because anybody who made payments towards the student loan or the interests of these schools, they're going to get that money back in the mail. So that's really really exciting. So make sure you know how like back in the day, you never really give them your real address. This is the time to go to student egg back up and give your real address so you can get your check. So that's what's really really exciting about what's happening with Barber's defense. Okay, all right, guys, I think I covered the majority of information that's happening right now, so you could do some Q and A, but those are the three biggest highlight reels that's happened in the world of student loans, and these things are happening concurrently, so people can be eligible for more than one thing at a time.
Speaker 4: Okay, So just going back to the beginning real quick. I got a question the application you had mentioned at the beginning. It is an application for Joe Biden's program, and you get the two circles different things in nature. Where do they get that, like, what's the website?
Speaker 6: So they didn't release where the application is going to be at yet, So we're like stalking it in real time. We think it's going to be through studenta dot gov because that's where every other application is. The only problem is just going to be really honest, if it is through studenta dot gov, you might want to log on at like four am when nobody's on there because the website keeps crashing like it's like Friday or something. So just you know, take your time and be patient with applying, but don't quit on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I think one of the other big updates and maybe people overlooked it because they were just they just saw a ten thousand right in twenty thousand. If you got the pelgrimt is that student loan repayment is back in effect.
Speaker 2: So January first, twenty.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty three, Yes, January first. So I have one more update and I was looking I think MG moriy S guy posted something about this, right, so I was like, I want to clarify this with him. So let me just give you one last thing that Biden did you recently that was really excited about. So then when the Obama administration came in, they lowered the income driven Repayment Plan from fifteen percent to ten percent. They call it the repay plan. So Biden this how I know y'all ain't gonna be no more extensions because he was like, this is gonna be the last one. Plus this and the plus this is he changed the repayment plan from ten percent repayment to five percent. So it's like with shouta Troy. If you can't pay your loans at five percent of what you earn, they don't know what to tell you. So that's why I know we're probably going to go back into repayment come January because he said, look, you got you got a dollar towards it, right, So five percent repayment is going to be starting in January. If you qualify just based off of income. This is really really sickedficant because back in August twenty and twenty one, there was a law that was changed with the Federal Housing Administration that said we now can take a look at your student loan payment, your income driven student loan repayment to help you qualify for FAHA home loan. Never before was that done. It always would be one percent if you were looking to get a home through FAH. Now this is really big. So like if you're in the process of buying a home. Just give it a minute, because you want your debt to inco ratio to reflect five percent of your income driven repayment plan versus ten percent, which means more house. So that's going to be really really big for minorities, particularly African American women that most played by student loan debt. So like if there was ever a time to buy a home and relation to your student loan debt, it would be after January. So that was really really exciting to see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that that barrier, right, that ten to five percent, and I'm correct me if I'm wrong by read this. So there's a piece of it where the amount of the time that you have to pay is going to go down from twenty to ten years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I think it's if you make under if your student loans under twelve thousand or something like that.
Speaker 6: Right, So they're going to be changing the whole repayment plan. We don't know that repayment plan is going to be called yet, but they're basically how like Obama came out with the repay and pay I believe the Bide administration is going to just redo and create a whole nother payment plan or they may make an update to the repay pay plan, because remember Obiden and Biden did that together, so that's that's something they could update.
Speaker 4: So all right, so let's go to question. But I want to start with some questions from YouTube for a change. Somebody says, do loans have to be consolidated in order to receive forgiveness?
Speaker 6: Yes, if you have f f E L or f f E LP or Stafford or Perkins loans, So basically the answer to that, and another way is if you do not have direct loans, the answer is yes. If you have die rec loans and that's all you have, then you don't have to consolidate.
Speaker 4: Again, Okay, somebody else says, how do you think this new program will affect new college students?
Speaker 6: So very very very good question. So this is gonna be very interesting to see. We do know that college students can be eligible for the money that's coming from Biden. The problem here is, guys, you know, ten and twenty k sounds really good in theory, but they're probably going to borrow ten and twenty k that year. So for new students, it's probably going to wash you know, their education calls for a year or semester, but not make a huge dent. And you know, statistically it's not going to make a big det in the African American community either. You know, I hate to be the bar of bad news. This student loan debt of twenty thousand is going to statistically clear debt for white males. Not a challenge. I'm just saying. And I think that so many people were a little upset that fifty thousand wasn't given because fifty thousand would really move the needle for the African American community. While we're grateful for the twenty as a whole, and just in terms of moving the needle and really making a big impact on the finances of the African American community, twenty thousand is not going to do much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the statistics are is forty three million, which is equal to one point three trillion.
Speaker 2: The only thing that we have more debt in its home ownership.
Speaker 5: With the ten thousand forgiveness, that'll cut the amount of people who are in debt and student loans to twenty manes. Almost half of the people who have student loans will be cut. And then you have this the new repayment plan, So for the new college student who's coming in. And this is another part. The amount of interest that's going to be paid on those loans. Is that going to change too, because a lot of times people make payments and they're making the payments on time, and they're looking at their overall amount and they're saying, wait, the principle hasn't changed because they've been paying interest. Is there something in there that interests might be lowered?
Speaker 6: So the interest gets regulated and updated every July. And to my knowledge, the interest hasn't much much since the last alive because of the pandemic, So we don't expect that the interest is going to be, you know, super high. You know, you're in school, your interest varies around between three to five percent. Plus loans go about seven to eight percent. That the administration has not changed or waivered on. And to be really honest, I don't think they will because all of these extensions, the government is losing thousands and thousands millions at this point of dollars in recouping interest money. So I don't think they're going to make any changes to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, that's one of the things to think about, right. If it's been about almost two years now, with no payments, and so the government's going to.
Speaker 2: Have to figure out how we're going to get this back in.
Speaker 5: One of those things is usually we'll have to raise taxes or they'll figure out another way to raise money where the total population is going to have to start paying for this.
Speaker 2: So something to keep eye on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's let's go to U university.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 5: All right, Angela, we coming to you. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Angela? Hello, Angela? You did that?
Speaker 3: Oh can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Are you perfectly?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: Hey, So thank you all for everything you do. Thank you, miss Sonia. I have a question. So, yeah, my husband and I went to divide, but we already paid off our student loans. So is there anything is are we just you know, should we still apply or what?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you know, Angela, here's the unfortunate truth. Biden said it not I So somebody had literally asked him that question in a press conference, and he got really snappy, snappy Angela, and basically he said that if you were able to pay off your loans or fortunate to pay off your loans, there will not be a refund. The only time we're seeing that money is actually being refunded is if you paid on your loans through the pandemic, there's a refund possible there, or if you went to a school such as that qualifies for borrowers defense. But for this particular program, the ten of the twenty K, they have not said well, and he basically said he was not going to be giving any money back. So unfortunately, if you're just eligible for this, and the answer would be no, okay, thank you, thank you, Yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to YouTube again. How does loan forgiveness work for teachers who have worked in low income districts?
Speaker 6: So right now, this is really cool. Then this is only until October thirty. First, teachers compare teacher loan forgiveness, So teacher long forgiveness allows you to receive a grant for teaching and ps left, so you know the thing destroyed you never before compare those together.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it.
Speaker 6: It was like, yeah, it was like one of the other Okay, so it was like one of the others. So now I'm sorry thiss mystery. I'm like, what's talking.
Speaker 4: On the second guys, it's the ghost.
Speaker 6: No, it's I guess ALEXA, so long street short, so I must have said a name similar. So basically you right now have the time to be able to apply for both until October thirty. First you can get whatever grant money is eligible, so if you've been working at that school for over five years, get that money, and then you can also use that same time period to calculate for PSLF. So teachers right now are super winning. I would definitely pier both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's another thing.
Speaker 5: So if you teach and I'm sure this is probably still true something correct me, but if you teach in math or science, right, there's a certain amount that you allocated. When I did it, it was seventeen thousand, five hundred dollars, and if you taught in like ELA or social studies, it was like maybe seventy five hundred, and everything else was probably like five thousand or something like that, or maybe it was seventeen five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy five for a core four and.
Speaker 5: Then five thousand for everything else. And so at the time I was teaching physed and I was like, wait, wait, wait, wait, way do we fall in in this? And I was like they were like, oh, it's a five thousand I'm like, nah, but I teach health, which is a science, and so it was a good thing. I had a great relationship with this since the princient the principal because they looked at it. They looked at health. It was a science and physics is a science too, technically, and so I actually applied for it. I got the seventeen to five. So that's that's one way you could do it. But like you said, now that we're able to combine it, you get that ten years of payment. You work in a low come income area, and that's what five years?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so just five years. So if you're gonna get either the five or the seventeen plus, you got twenty coming plus, you got the work history. And if you was in for beards because Towns was hard, another three. I'm telling you, this is a really good day to be a teacher when you did this.
Speaker 2: Name no pays, it pays. Okay, all right, we got Jonathan hard and we coming to you. Mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on? Jonathan?
Speaker 9: Hey, Troy, Visha Sonya, thank you so much for this meeting.
Speaker 4: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Thank you perfectly?
Speaker 4: Righteous, righteous.
Speaker 9: So I'm not logged in the standing aid dot gov right now, and it's telling me that I need to consolidate.
Speaker 4: My well, YadA YadA.
Speaker 9: So I looked at the forum and it gives you a variety of payment options and some are like mad cheap, but you'd be doubling the price that you would have paid, you know, at the end. And then if I go with what I'm doing now, it'd be slightly higher. So my question is what's the percentage of people who actually, if they meet the requirements and apply, they would actually get you know, their their pe, you know, their loan forgiven. Because when I did my research under Trump, it was like two percent.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a new day, and if I was on IG Live, I would make you all type new day. And let me just be really honest with you, Jonathan. The challenge is so many people were burnt or dishearted by the PSLF program before, and everyone's like, oh, this is not happening, this is not real. You just come on over my page, you want to see all these testimonials. A young lady literally had the same situation that you're saying, and she just sent me a message showing that she got three hundred and fifty seven two hundred dollars for given because she decided to just complete the application. So what I want to say for you is how much work history do you have to catch up on to get credit for?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I got two places that I've worked now to be a total of eleven years, and both of them are on you know, on the list. So the place I'm working now, I'll give me the form and then I gotta go. I used to work in NPR and that's on the place that's on the list, so I got to get the form from them.
Speaker 4: So just two places.
Speaker 6: Well, Jonathan, I'm going to be very frank with you, it's not going to really matter what payment plan you choose. Early congratulations on one hundred percent long forgiveness. You just now. I don't divee you up. This is I get. I literally reshot in Troy, and I cannot have a bad day if I wanted to. Just imagine just waking up to all these receipts and screenshots. It's people just like yourself that have been working for years in these industries, no payments required. You just had to work there. You're able. They're not asked about you know what you made? What you They just wanted you to do the form. So do the form, mail it off, certified, and then in thirty forty five days you should be having a celebration of your own righteousness.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, y'all doing the Lord's work for real appreciation.
Speaker 6: Agree.
Speaker 5: Yes, we got a question on YouTube. They said the teacher long forgiveness backtrack. I believe it does up until two thousand and seven, right, yes, So from two thousand and seven on those years.
Speaker 6: Yes. And the thing is two thousand and seven was just so significant because there were so many changes that was happening with the direct loans program the government. It's a very weird number. But two thousand and seven is correct.
Speaker 2: Yep, okay, perfect, perfect.
Speaker 5: Let me see if I can get this right. Jericha, we're coming to you. Unmute yourself. You've been unmuted? Did I get that right?
Speaker 2: I hope so?
Speaker 6: Yep, that's my name, Jerka. Thank y'all so much for this information. My question is is okay, it's gonna give you back around really quick. So I've worked for the State of Texas for eleven years. I live for the PSLF program. I've also been on an income driven plan. However, I'm still showing that I think I have like additional five years of payments to So I'm not sure what I'm overlooking or if I yeah, like if I'm missing some steps here. So give me some bad history. How long have you been working for a qualified employer? Since twenty and eleven? Twenty eleven and we're in twenty twenty two. If you've worked at this qualified employer excuse me for at least thirty hours a week? Yes, okay, and this is one employer or multiple employers, one employer just held different positions. Okay, And let me just ask you this question. So when's the last time you filled out that form and had the employers sign it again? It was probably two over two years ago. Okay, Jericha, send it again. Sorry, fright tomorrow, because remember you gotta remember this is why they're coming out with this program. They made a mistake. They're saying we miscalculated, we never counted your payments correctly. So we send it again with the same information, same employer's signature. If HR has a question, just say I was instructed to recomplete this.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 2: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 5: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Ernest What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just work like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments. Manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 2: What matters most ready.
Speaker 5: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 1: Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply hiring Indeed is all.
Speaker 6: You need form so they can recalculate my eligibility. Perfect, Okay, I will yes so much. You're welcome. Heck you guys, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Jarth.
Speaker 4: A question from YouTube is is there any repayment programs for healthcare workers?
Speaker 6: So there are. So there's Nursing Long Forgiveness, which is not a federal program, but it's more so run through the state. I think it's NHS dot government. I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure off hand, but just type in state Nursing Long Forgiveness. But again, you know that's the challenge with healthcare is that healthcare so broad. So with healthcare, which you have to make sure is that you're working in a not for profit or a nonprofit field for it to qualify. So unfortunately, if that's not the case, then it wouldn't qualify for PSLF or most long forgiveness programs. The ten twenty k of course could come being at their income it's under one twenty five, but just is going to depend on their place of employment. So I always it's always very you know. The other thing that's on the table that hasn't been decided on is frontline workers. The bill is still out there to give loan forgiveness for them. And then the Biden administration said that before their ten years over now, this could just be a little dangle to get us to revote, but I'm here for it. They said that they were going to be looking to see what they can do for private loan debt too. I was like, oh, that was y'all, y'all clever. We don't know, but that would be really awesome for those in the healthcare feel as we know that they take out a majority of private loan debt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That Denise has a great question shout out to the two and this is probably one of those sipulations that might have changed. She said, do you have to currently be employed in public service? So she left the profession but has over eighteen years, Do you still have to currently be employed where you are now?
Speaker 6: Nope? Again, if you ever worked since two thousand and seven to twenty and twenty two. For a qualified employer, you're going to do the PSLF Limited Wave Reform. You're going to have the employer signed that form. I would love for them to get it back to you, but if they mail it off, that's fine, but we want to be able to mail it off CERTIFI. So we've got to be able to track this or at least ask for a copybag or confirmation and then just wait thirty to forty five days and she should be in the same party as Jerika and Jonathan. So I'm really really excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just gonna ask you that because the October thirty first date is very key because if you get it in and you have thirty to forty five days for them to respond, you want to get it in before the thirty first, right, exactly right, because you got to figure all those loans are now going to be active again, all these repayment loans, and there's going to be a lot of applications for the people trying to get the ten thousand dollars forgiveness or the twenty thousand, So that's a lot of paperwork and thirty or forty five days will turn into.
Speaker 2: Three to cents?
Speaker 6: Like, did they increase the workforce over there? I'm like, I don't want to see it more. I'm dead.
Speaker 2: If we're looking for an employment opportunity, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: That this time they're about be hiring for real.
Speaker 2: All right, we got Kelly, We're coming to you. Mute yourself. You've been muted? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: Are you? Oh?
Speaker 10: Perfect?
Speaker 6: Perfect?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 6: I have a question.
Speaker 10: I'm currently in the Navy for the military, and I want to know if there were any special circumstances for people who have been deployed and were able to make their payments on time. And also I wanted to know there was a time when they had run out of tuition assistance that pays for our education and we had to take our student loans. Would there be any special circumstances for that? And I've been in for five years?
Speaker 6: Okay? What was the job again? I'm the Navy in the Navy, okay, and you had to take out student loans because it ran out? And what was the time period you were the Navy working from.
Speaker 10: I'm currently in so from seventeen to present, twenty seventeen to present.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you want to know if you can qualify for that five years in bank history?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, And when did you take out your student loans? What years did you take out your student loans?
Speaker 10: From twenty nineteen up until now? They're always they run out of money all the time.
Speaker 6: So that's okay.
Speaker 10: You're asking, well, like special circumstances that we could get for that. Well, so you took out loans in twenty nineteen, right, nineteen twenty Yes, okay, So you can apply for the same program, the PSLF Limited Waiver to qualify you towards the ten years. Then they're not going to just do a reimbursement for those two You still have to hit the ten year mark to get the loan debt forgiven all together. I don't know how much you've borrowed, Kelly, But with the twenty k make a difference in the loan deck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I have like twenty thousand out, okay, so we know that the twenty k can knock down at least half and then just depending So either way, I've been having this conversation with people, Well, if I do the form, I'm only going to get two or three years of eligibility. But the point is, Kelly, we still want you to just send off that form and just go get that bad history either way if you can. Because the BIDE administration also said you're looking to see if they can shorten repayment from ten years to five. They've been talking about a lot of different things they want to do with the PSLF program. So what I'm basically saying to you is if you had two years and then they changed it to five, it could be shorter for you overall. So no, they won't be immediate belief in terms of the whole debt being going. Half is coming if you had the pel grant. If not, ten is coming, but at least you can get the credit for that time works.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, thank you Kelly, and thank you for your service.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes, thank you. So yeah, let's go to a few more YouTube questions before we wrap. So, yeah, a lot of people with us watching this. This is actually great, by the way, Sony, thank you for the information. But people always say, like, what's the difference between EYO University and oral Lesia question and answers is one of probably the biggest thing because that's a hands on learning education. So nine to five millionaire. His episode came out yes Sday, that was one of those ones went crazy. It's going crazy on YouTube right now, but so many people hitting them in the DM asking him questions. It's like, it's kind of hard. This is what how we've kind of built the platform the way it is is that it's kind of built like a real classroom. So in Zoom you have like people that actually teach and then you can actually ask questions. That to me is probably the biggest one of the biggest advantages of the actual platform because it's like you can't do that on well market mondays. You can have your Eyo University, but you can't do that on the podcast. You can't do that on you know, if you're just watching YouTube or if you're just listening on Instagram. So you can still get information and it's a great way to educate yourself. But private school education is a little different from public school education. And Eyo University top private school in the world. So fifty percent off for forty eight hours cold student inter cold student fifty percent is four hundred and ninety nine dollars. Why would you not do that? That's the biggest question.
Speaker 2: Too easy I got a few more from here.
Speaker 4: Well, I got one. Somebody said, is loan forgiveness only for qualify only for qualified jobs? Qualifying qualifying jobs? Not ea sure what that means, but I guess they're assuming like just for teachers, Yes, but no, right, it's for anybody.
Speaker 6: Right. No, we went through three today. So just to recap, the Biden administration's giving it out regardless of where you've worked. It just has an income stipulation to it and an application. That's number one. The second one is the PSL left is by where you work, so that's a qualified employer stipulation. The third is the borrower's defense based off where you went to school, and that's regardless of where you work and what you've earned. So there's three ways to get some type of forgiveness, and pretty much just with income and mind most people are going to be eligible for one of three, if not two of three or three of three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of those qualifying measures for that, the loan forgiveness for public service was the one hundred and twenty payments. Is that still part of the criteria because I know that's still so you have to make is it one hundred and twenty consecutive or just one hundred and twenty payments because a lot of people get thrown.
Speaker 6: Off with that one hundred and twenty qualified payments. Me repeat myself, because this is where people just don't apply. So, if you ever worked from two thousand and seven to twenty and twenty two, regardless if when you work there, even if you don't still work there, even if you never made a payment, even if you never paid on time, even if you weren't in the right repayment plan, the requirement is did you work there? Can somebody sign your paperwork saying that you work there at least thirty hours a week. If the answer is yes, you're eligible for your credit. That's it. Don't think too hard on it. You know, people go wow, you know sometimes in pre parents they know, they know, you know, sometimes I miss the payment house late like ten, they know they know. So don't go into that handspace. I would rather the department ed tell you know, did you tell yourself?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Just apply? And literally a lady said to me, I'm so grateful you made me apply. She went from twenty eligible payments to one hundred and fourteen because she took like six of my classes. I didn't you know? And she said, all right, I family just sent it in. That's a huge jump, y'all. She literally got six payments to go and she'll be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A part of that that it kind of gets left out.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure there's a lot of people, like we said four hundred forty three million people are a student loan.
Speaker 2: That one of the five people in default is that credit score.
Speaker 6: I mean, Troy, if you're in default right now, Troy, it get real weird. You know, No, it's get weird. Like if you're watching this and you're in default, you should be ashamed of yourself. After today, you should no longer be in man thing. You should call them right now. You got about twelve minutes east coach time, yom until nine. Get out tonight or get out tomorrow morning. The thing is, guys, there's no such thing as being in default, no more if you don't want to be like, all right, So there's certain people that defaulted. There's like your first time defaulters, and then there's those like forever defaults that like you, probably just was never going to get out. So here's the key. They started something called the Fresh Start program. It's a no questions asks program. What that means is it's going to go one of two ways. Hey, listen, I heard that there's a program that get me out of the fault today. What do I need to do? They're not going to ask you what happened? You know. They may ask you what you've earned for only one reason, and that's to see if they can qualify you for a low payment for three months to take it off your credit like it never happened. But if you're like I don't want to give up my income and you don't want to go back and forth, they can take you out of default today. Troy. It's just that it would just still showing your credit that it happens. Does that make sense? But I literally had a young lady. I was teaching a class one afternoon and I told everybody how weird they were. She was still sick of me calling people weird. I knew what I was doing. She literally called in real time and like came off from you and busted out like I'm not in default no more. And it was just like this like crazy movie scene. Yeah, you don't have to be in default no more. You're in a loginstude a dot UV it's going to say you're in default, and then there's a number there for you to call Department Education. Just call them, call them, Take about ten minutes, get out today. You only have about a year from today to do this, and then after that it's going to go away.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Yeah, I get.
Speaker 6: So excited about these things we're going to I just want to I want to see people be great.
Speaker 2: I want to see him be great.
Speaker 5: I want to see, you know, this level of debt come off off their accounts and you know, hopefully their credit scores go up, and then we got more people buying homes. Right, Sometimes student loan debt puts us in a in a crisis where the only option is to stay home, and sometimes there's no home to come back to, and so that becomes a decision, right, cannot even afford to make the decision to go to school. And so we want to give people enough options and enough resources to make, you know, good decisions for them, and great financial decisions. Because we said, other than getting married, going to school is going to probably be the most important financial decision you're gonna make.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we got let's do it. This is it? So are we coming to you on your self. You've been a mute. What's going on?
Speaker 11: It's going good? Guys, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Here? Are you perfectly? What's going on?
Speaker 11: Going well? Going well, just enjoying the class. But my question was, so I'm one of the one who had one of the parent or the parent plus loan and the pelgram, and I also have multiple siblings who went to college before me, but consolidating their parent plus loan into one. It's one of the situations where I guess consolidation consolidating is going to work against this.
Speaker 6: No, if you have a parent plus loan, in order to qualify, it has to be a parent plus consolidated loan. So it's not just enough. When we talk about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, let me stress that in order to qualify for the parent plus loan to be right clear, if you are eligible for psl UF, you have to go in and just consolidate that loan if it's not already a parent plus consolidated loan. Does that make sense? But in order to get the money from from biting for the ten or twenty k, you would not have to do that if it's a direct loan already.
Speaker 2: We're chopping up. I'm not I'm not sure. Are you saying?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Appreciate you, bro, thank you, No problem, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it. We got Kelly, we're coming to you. Not a hand.
Speaker 5: They got a bunch of hands in here. Kelly, we're coming to you. Unmute yourself, you but unmuted. What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Wait to the end and start asking questions.
Speaker 5: Okay, somebody just asked my question. Let me get some clarity, Kelly. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 6: I appreciate all this information. Thank you, Sonya. So you might have said this be so the Perkins loan.
Speaker 12: I have a Perkins loan, and then I have like some other direct consolidated and unconsolidated or I'm sorry direct unsubsidized and subsidized loans. I guess I'm not too sure what I'm what to do in terms of like would in terms of validating do I need to consolidate the Perkins loan?
Speaker 6: Well, there's a little error message that comes up or not an era, a warning message, and if you consolidate your Perkins loans, you could lose some type of eligibility. If I just read that, yup, when you read it, did that apply to you? Or no?
Speaker 12: Well that's why I clicked my hand up because I wasn't sure and I.
Speaker 6: Don't really know where to find it. So Rea did it again. And basically, so this hour goes and I'm going to just answer you every generally, Kelly, cause I haven't like looked at your count on it. You know, so when you are going to consolidate and the little Era message comes up, it says, do not consolidate this loan if you are in the process of having it forgiven. So if there's another way that you know that that perpose loan is being forgiven, but particularly if you were teaching, then you wouldn't want to include it. Is that your case or no.
Speaker 12: No, I'm not teaching and I don't have another way to concild or to get it out.
Speaker 6: I would slide to the mail on n and Kelly, that was the answer. So that's basically what it comes down too, and people know like so. So basically with the purchase loes, there was a big push years ago that they would forgive that loan if you went into the education field and there's a separate process that happens for those loans to be forgiven. It's a whole different program. But if that's not the case for you, you would know then you can you can't include it. Okay, all right, thank you, Yep, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Kelly. All right, Ayana, we are coming to you. Mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Ayana?
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me perfectly?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 13: Well, I just want to start by saying, Troy Rashott and Sonya, I just.
Speaker 6: Want to thank you, thank you, thank you for all of this information.
Speaker 13: I'm pretty much ready to start doing my little praise dance already. But I worked for the Department of Health and Human Services in the pretty much the welfare office, and so my question is not for.
Speaker 6: Me because I've been there twelve years.
Speaker 13: But I do have a lot of clients that receive public service, I mean public assistance, you know, and it doesn't really look like from my perspective, any of them are trying to get a job. But are there any I mean, what will happen with individuals like that their own student loans, they are not employed and once the interests and everything starts to kick back in. I mean, I'm sure most of them are have applied for forbearances, but is there anything for individuals like that?
Speaker 6: So what I would do? I got it, And it's not a weird question at all. You may want to help them and you know, host some webinars or in person sessions to help them apply for the ten or twenty K. Majority of them, if they have still the loans, will be eligible for the twenty k because they probably receive the Perkins grant they make under the ones twenty five. So we want to get as many of those people possible with the application for the twenty k. When it's time to go on repayment in January, we want them to do what's called an income driven repayment plan. They're going to put down that they have zero income and then what it should happen is the department at Promise. Now what is going to happen is I got it by them getting into this new repayment plan. Just like Troy had mentioned, they're going to be getting a zero dollar payment plan. Nine times out of ten if there's no income. Now they're going to have zero dollar payments counting towards an actual number to release them from student loan debt total, and that might be five, ten or fifteen years. We just have to see what all the numbers come out when the payment plan is released. So what we want to encourage these young people to do is we don't want them to be by the wayside and miss the ten and twenty k and then we also don't want them to go into default and mess up their credit. Then they need to just make sure every year they enroll into an IDR program and if it's a zero a lot of payment, there are a lot of payment. Now we hope that next year maybe it's a fifty dollar payment because what that means they're earning income. So we just want to make sure they know, kind of like when you do your taxes, you need to do your income driven repayment plan too, so that they can stay on the course and get this loan that done.
Speaker 13: Okay, well, thank you very much. I will relay that information. I appreciate you, na, thank you.
Speaker 4: Shout out to you to two thousand people in check in very important the like button and share this is very very important information.
Speaker 2: All right, who we got let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 5: Let's see, Michelle, we coming to you. I'm yourself. You've been on you to shout out to Euyo University. Man, no fridge breaks on?
Speaker 2: Did I just think nah this?
Speaker 5: She goes Michelle, what's going on? I'm good.
Speaker 7: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: I am great?
Speaker 7: Yes, Hi, sonya, thank you so much for this information you're sharing. I just had a quick question. So I fall under the categories I work in a school. I fall under the category of special services. I'm an occupational therapist, and I wanted to know does it work? Do you have to be a district employee in order? Like, first of all, do we even qualify for this? And do you have to be a district employee? Because I find that a lot of therapists, like speech therapists, physical therapists, and occupational.
Speaker 6: Therapists work in schools.
Speaker 7: Are more so contracted and not necessarily district employees. So I want to know.
Speaker 6: Because good question, Michelle. Let me just ask you a question. Who is your employer? Though?
Speaker 7: So my employer is technically like the contractor, so for example, like, uh, there are different companies who just compile I guess, for lack of better words, therapists and then they like contract them.
Speaker 6: Out to the school.
Speaker 7: So I'm I'm through a contractor.
Speaker 6: Okay, Michelle. If we were sitting in my living room, I probably would give you a few answers. So I'm going to see the lightly here. Okay, So Michelle, you may be eligible for the ten or the twenty k of course that we talked about earlier that the Bide administration is going to be given out. And Michelle, let me tell you what I saw, but don't avise. I did see some people. And you know, here's the thing. Guys with the Public Service lo't forgiveness program. They're just trying to get as many people approve me through as possible that there are any regulation checks happening. Not to say that they won't go back and do it. And orange is not our favorite color. What some people are doing is there is a loophole when you look at the Public Service. Don't forget this application that says who is an authorized signer to verify your employment? Well, Michelle wants you to read that section for yourself and then you decide how you want to do this. Some people that are in the same position as you are having the principle or that there's hr the school complete the form and not the contractor that contracted you. And what I say that is is because in the section of the form it does read that someone that can attest to your work history. And so that's the challenge, Michelle. Let me just tell you, I don't advise it the way I tell you to read and decide. We've seen people decide to do it that way, and we've seen them get their loans forgiven and get their forgiveness months. So it's really really catch you slide because you do work in a qualify and feel it's just the employer itself. It's not, but somebody that could attest to you working in that field could sign. So I'm gonna be really honest with you. This form is super gray. If you really want clarification, you can always call Mohillia Department of Education and see their thoughts on it. But this is just kind of what people find themselves in your position.
Speaker 7: Okay, what I qualify if I were a district employee, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like if you if you work for the school district in any school district, like in that case, then of course you would qualify. Yeah, because you're working for essentially an entity of the city government.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 5: That was a great question because that's like, that's a tricky slope, right because they all contracted.
Speaker 6: You know what. I am so like uh so like nervous of like backlash when you answer Gray, I ain't trying see no clips like, but to be honest with you, I've read it several times. Other people have read it, and if you read the section, it is so great, Like a lot of this is great. So I always tell people use your own discretion and then if you're really unsure, the call and the Department Education and give the same scenario question and see what they would advise.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And I'm sure there's a bunch of people thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: And for the people on YouTube, somebody said, how do you get to ask questions? UIL University. Somebody said, membership it renews every single year you pay and once you lock in that price, that's the same price and it's twelve months from the time you sign up. So those are three questions. Hopefully those answer those questions for you two people. I get a couple more questions.
Speaker 5: See Silanda, I'm coming to you. I'm yourself. You've been on how you doing? Good night, good.
Speaker 8: Evening, I'm great, good evening. I am a speech pathologist. So to extend that question, I'm a speech co cologist in Houston. I don't work for school. I'm a voice specialist and I own my own private practice. Now, I have worked for the University of Houston as an adjunct professor, and I have student loans from grad school. So does this apply to me as.
Speaker 6: An adjunct professor? Let me just ask you a few questions. As an adjunct professor. How many hours of work would you say you have worked?
Speaker 2: You have?
Speaker 8: Well, I haven't done that. That was twenty fifteen to twenty seventeen, and I was there two days a week on campus.
Speaker 6: Okay, so on campus two days a week. Any work outside of that, because I'm trying to see if that will equal to thirty hours.
Speaker 8: Thirty hours always didn't have to be thirty hours a week. It was not thirty hours a week.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, did me a favorite? Just hit me really quickly so we don't give some back feedbacks. I'll give you one more idea. Okay. Social line one of the things that I always teach my students that are entrepreneurs or contract is for themselves something you want to consider as having your own what's called nonprofit arm. So a little extra game for you guys tonight, and it's very legal and most big corporations do do this. And you guys are familiar Keysy, I think she's been on your show before to something that she's done with herself and her mom. And so what happens is you can think about Shilanda starting your own nonprofit for the speech pathology work that you do. And what that would do is it would allow you, as a paid employee of that nonprofit to be able to be eligible for the public Service lon't forgiveness program. So we see a lot of people doing this opportunity. Our tribe is literally in process of creating it now for themselves. Why is this important. It's important because the work that you do can also help you be a good giver in your business in terms of tax write offs. So let's say you wanted to help somebody a certain client or patient, but they just can't afford to pay you, right, but maybe under your nonprofit arm they could. But also now you're getting paid through your nonprofit ARM, so you be able to do that too. The only thing is you, of course don't sign your own paper, but you do have to be able to be paid out of that. So that might be an idea that you can take and run with and look more into. And you can literally google nonprofit ARM we talk about on our page. But you just need to be able to get yourself enroll because if you have six figures to loan that it won't just go away because you're doing great work every day at work. You also have to attach it to a forgiveness vehicle, and the one for you might be going through PSLF in the form of a nonprofit ARM. So hopefully that was a little bit of my source of game that can help.
Speaker 8: Well, I do have a nonprofit ARM, so I'm excited about that. How long do you think I signed up? Since twenty fifteen?
Speaker 6: Oh well, girl, let's gonna do. You're gonna do that same PSLF paperwork and you're gonna see what shat try. We gotta go back to basics.
Speaker 2: You gotta mute yourself because we get feedback. Perfect.
Speaker 6: She's good now, Okay, So Shalani gonna take that same paperwork the PSLF Limited waiver and you're gonna send it in and you're gonna get credit. So seven years of credit should be coming your way because you have the you have had the nonprofit. You gotta get this before October thirty first, because again it's no questions asked if you were making payments or that nonprivate was making money or just get it in all right, thank you, all right?
Speaker 5: Excited for you yet October thirty first, that's a big day.
Speaker 2: TRELO.
Speaker 5: We're coming to you. We're coming to you. I'mute yourself, you've been I'm muted. What's going on?
Speaker 6: I guys, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: I heard you speak a little bit about signya and thank you for giving us this information.
Speaker 6: I heard you speak a little bit about if you were making payments during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: M H.
Speaker 3: Can you speak a little bit more about that, because I did pay a couple of my student loans off through this pandemic. H.
Speaker 6: So you can have you can apply through your lender to have those payments that you made we funded back to you because you were not required to pay. Some people paid to lower their principle. So I just want to be mindful that if you're gonna get the refund, then it takes away from the money you paid. That lowers your principal. But if you truly didn't you truly were making pays, it's because your Linda didn't updated and time, like Navan got in trouble with this one. Particularly, you know Naving guys didn't stop repayment until like six months into the pandemic, Like sir, that don't stopped immediately, like what's going on here? So if that was the same situation for you, you just didn't know better, you still had payments on auto payment maybe auto pay, then yeah, you could get that money back if you don't want it to go towards the principal of your loan. Okay, thank you, m All.
Speaker 5: I think we let's do like one more. Marshall, got two names here and eat it. It's it's it's a couple a duo.
Speaker 2: What's going on? You're good? How are you man killing?
Speaker 7: What's your question?
Speaker 6: I have two questions.
Speaker 13: One is.
Speaker 6: When i'm when I was in grad school, if I was working part time for the school, does that count or not?
Speaker 2: And then two.
Speaker 7: What was my second question?
Speaker 6: Yes, let me ask you a question. When were you in school with years so I was in grad school from twenty sixteen to twenty eighteen. Okay, so there was a clause that said from twenty and seven to thirteen they were giving you credit if you were in school, but you were past that period, so okay, I was an undergrad. Yeah, so it was just that I don't get these numbers away. It was just that five years yeah, okay, all right, okay, so that so that would encount. But then I have to be full time, right, yeah, at least the key word here is thirty hours a week. Okay, perfect, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yep, some blessings, appreciate, y'all. All right, y'all have a good night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that gets tricky, right, grad school because a lot of times grad school you don't get federal funding. To go to grad school. You got to take out a lot of private loans. So it gets really tricky when you're dealing with private school, I mean grad school undergrad Obviously there's more opportunities for federal funding.
Speaker 2: But that grasp things. That's a beast.
Speaker 6: That's a beast.
Speaker 4: That's a beast. Sonya. I want you to speak about your program that you have, believe you have. Is it an ebook?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we put together a really really quick and easy, comprehensive ebook and we can share it with you guys. So it's called the Ultimate Loan Forgiveness Ebook. And how it works is, if you're listening, you would literally write this down, go to page seventeen. You know, the problem here is, Rachelle de Troy, people don't know how to do these applications for PSM left barber's defense. They may not know how to consolidate. So what we did on page seventeen of the e book is that we literally included a class for you to watch. You can purchase it now and watch it tonight and literally follow step by step with us on how to fill out the form. This section means this, tell your employee this, Oh, if your employee says this, and then the barber's defense. That's the twenty five page one. We literally went through that line by line. You should type this, did you experience this? You should write this. So, I mean, it's it's kind of like we don't want you to think too are but we wanted you to walk you through it our way of being able to help the masses because we're small, but nineteen we could not take as many appointments, we're booked out for like two weeks, so we made up on demand classes for you guys, and then we also included a class on how to consolidate as well. We talked about how do you know if you need to consolidate and how to consolidate, and then we included a class also that if you're wondering, but was any of my employees eligible for PSL left, we put a class on how to go through studenta dot gov and find that information too. So there's a lot of information just about forgiveness programs in general. And then page seventeen is where the real the money say is like click here, do this. And then we also gave them with the ebook. Included in the ebook access to private Facebook groups. So what's gonna happen is during the application process, you're gonna have a lot of questions, So we didn't want you to have to email or DM it. You're gonna literally join that Facebook group and say, hey coach so and so or hey sonya, I had a question. They sent me this back in the email, what do I do? And then we're responding in pretty much real time twenty four hours, so we're trying to it just provide as much support and on demand combined together if possible, if that makes sense, and we're doing oh last thing, we've also included for members only that purchased this ebook, some free live FAQ classes that we're doing pretty much bi weekly, so we're probably going to be increasing them in September to weekly again. But literally, you can come on like, hey, I got the ebook, I got to this point right here, and I just want to know should I click this or you know, should I fill this out? And you could just asks in real time in their smaller classes. So I mean, when I tell you that we're working like every day twice a day, three times a day, we're overdrive because October thirty first is really not that far away. So yeah, we can definitely share that ebook out with your tribe. Are you guys gonna share it or share it on my how?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in the link I put it. I just put it in YouTube comments, but it's in the link of this video, in the description of this video. I should say, it's in the description of this video and if you're listening to it, cause we're gonna put this on audio podcasts as well. If you're listening to it on Apple Spotify. When you hear it, it'll be in a description of it as well. So Sonya is best in the business. And the e book I think like forty seven something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, forty seven, that's it. So if you we wanted to make it as affordable as possible. We didn't want you to have to think too hard. We know the number one reason why people don't apply for things is because they're overwhelmed by it. Some people never even logged in the studio a doc ofv before. So it's just a really really friendly like us holding your hand through the process. And then the live support and the Facebook group. We just did added value because we didn't want people to feel lost. So we're really proud about the e book is selling really well. And not only is it selling, like literally forget all that about that. I'm excited when I wake up to three hundred and fifty seven thousand clear or really your conference, guys, I had like a little teary moment, you know, not have my face beat to the gods for your conference.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 6: I had to go get myself together because you know, men don't ever really say much men were coming up to me like I just want to tell you something. I'm like, what do you want to tell me? And they're like, okay, soak you I got one hundreds. He's like your dad, like your class. And then some people said they came to the conference just to give me a hug, like getting you a hug our ticket today. But you know, I would come give me a hug too if I got two hundred and two thousand. Forgive it from just a class, you know what I'm saying. So it's been really, really fun. I think we're we're just in great momentum. We're loving what we do. We're exhausted, but that's okay. I'd rather you know, sleep in November or something, but we got a lot of work to do before October thirty.
Speaker 4: First, for sure, I appreciate it. Yeah, get the Get the whole bundle. The link is in the description of this video. Like I said, if you have questions about student loans, it's a no brainer because I mean, you just saw we just covered in one hour, so imagine what's covered in hours of content and ebooks and different things. That nature so great way to you know, enhance your education. I saw somebody ask how was invest Fest. You must not have social media, because if you have any any form of social media, you're a No. Investments was a motion picture event at the highest level, at the highest level. Sonya was there, So I tell you.
Speaker 6: Something, guys. I was looking forward right first, shout out to the room with just yah, y'all know what. Y'all all right with me? So anyway, I'm looking forward and I and I literally was like, oh, man, probably like ten people come. I'll still teach the ten like it's a thousand, right. I turned around said, no, oh no, wait, I was. It was be here. Hey, it was so good. When the session was over, we just was like taking to the table and we just answered more questions as many as we could do. It was a It was just a phenomenal thing. I think you guys, I did yourself. And what I always love about your community and your conferences is that it's no it's frills, but it's people there that really want to get solutions and answers that people not there to show bode and like know that they're walking away with tangible answers and you're changing people lives. I mean, and for me here in Tyler Perry speak like my God like. He said something that really I won't go into it. He said this one thing I'm telling you all, this one thing that really freed me where I'm at personally and professionally. And he was just talking about going up and all this other stuff and I'm like, I'm going up, you.
Speaker 2: Know, my God Like, I just we know what you speak of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I came to be a blessing, but that was really a blessing to me. So I really am grateful for you guys to have him there. So just you guys are going to be blessed times ten and they're going to attribute back to your platform when they start getting their one thousand, one hundred thousand dollars. See loan that forgiven because of this class too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a loan forgiveness party.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: That's Tyler Perry. Situation was legendary.
Speaker 6: That that was good.
Speaker 4: Don't miss an eyl event, don't miss fashion, we don't miss invest Fast Europe. We're going to London on Halloween. That's going to be amazing. And don't miss Madison Square Guarden Market. Monday's at Madison Square Guarden real big yeah.
Speaker 6: Changing somebody's last name, that's all I'll say. You're changing somebody's last name. So you guys are so humble with it. You know, that's so awesome and amazing. But really, because of your platform, somebody's last name is going to be significant as it is for the healing, as it is for Walmart, because they got a chance to watch your your show. So really really grateful to be associated, to know you guys, Proud of you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Yes, yes, back of the day.
Speaker 4: Always always a pleasure. Thank you for your time. I encourage everybody to rewatch this video. It'll be on YouTube, It'll be on Apple and Spotify on Friday. So we watched this video, listen to it. Share. It's very important information and it's very sign time sensitive. Sign up to Sonya's program that just the link is in the description of this video. And we're running a forty eight hour flashel for Eyo University four ninety nine for twelve months and then were News at that same price. And that includes monthly calls with me financial planning group calls, that includes weekly classes just like this, that includes weekly investment classes with Chris. That includes the book club, the movie Club, access to the Facebook group, access to home buys, Blueprint Voume one and Volume two, and access to over two hundred pass classes. That's a lot. And for fashion, we're doing it a second day that just got added and that's just for Eyo University members. So we always do like special events and stuff like that as well. So start up for eight hours inter coode student. You have to enter colde though. The code is student intercold student at eyouniversity dot com. Fifty percent off for eight hour flash sale. Thank you guys, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout shout out to the merch team.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the merch team, everybody that supported the merch obviously you know we rock Access of Liabilities.
Speaker 2: It's more than just the name now, it's a brand. So shout out to y'all.
Speaker 5: Fifty percent off right now with the code Investments twenty twenty two. Since we speaking about investments. It was a legendary moment and Sonya, thank you for being there because as.
Speaker 2: You are part of history. Not just everybody that.
Speaker 5: Was there in the tennis and that spoke on that stage and watch people speak.
Speaker 2: You are part of history. So shout out to y'all and go get some mercy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Shout out to ya, everybody in the mersing.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all love us, love, peace, peace. So you have fashion Week.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 14: I'm Sherry Harris, owner of Life Source Water. As a new grandmother in lifelong Californian, I care about what's in the water my family uses every day. For over forty years, our whole house water system has protected Bay Area families with filtered water from every tap. Now we are offering a double dip in savings free basic installation plus an extra two hundred and fifty dollars off.
Speaker 6: That's up to twelve.
Speaker 14: Hundred dollars in savings. Call our factory at one eight hundred Water ninety nine or visit Life sourcewater dot com. Hurry offer in September thirty.
Speaker 2: Quarranty limitations apply