Speaker 1: The nick A Glizer Podcastiser here's Nikki.
Speaker 2: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's a Nicki Glaizer podcast. I am joined back in America by stateside, which I said stateside when we were in Europe and you were like, hey, by the way, there's not states over here, and I was like, is not it? No? I knew that that was being funny. Yeah, but I kind of didn't know. Like I didn't I never thought about what that means, right, I've literally raise your hand, listener, if you're like me, and you've never thought about how the United States of America are literally the United States, Like you never thought about what that means. You just like heard it, Like it's like it's like lyrics, you know, when you're just like listening to a song. You just know the song and you never think about what it means. That's what the United States of America was to me for thirty something years. Anyway. Chris conba is in studio here in Saint lou Hi Chris, Hi, Chris, and also joining us Brian Frangie in Los Angeles. Whoa hey, briye uh and then back with us permeterminantly uh. And she's got a new perm that's a hot top. Noah, Noah's back. Everyone, what is that you're You're like this, are you trying to get pregnant again? You know that is that's the current invasive question of the moment. No way, yes, yes, you're four months postpartum and everyone's like, well, when's the next one coming? By the way? Postpartum sorry, postpartum the words that's got taken over by depression and being psychotic, like those words. When the people are like, oh and I'm four months postpartum, I'm like, are you okay? And it's like, no, it doesn't mean depression. It's just that's where we first started hearing that word, as people who have never been through pregnancy, that's where we associate those words.
Speaker 3: Well, so you think it's a shortening of postpartum depression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people just well I just learned learned the words postpartum from that phrase before I would not. I don't think I knew that phrase. But that is a little why are people so weird? And first of all, who are these people that are asking you? This is what's wrong with people?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 2: What business is any of it? It's all across the board.
Speaker 4: It's a family, it's strangers, it's uber drivers, the uber driver.
Speaker 5: I bet after you know what, after you have your second kid, that question will dramatically decrease. And then after you have your third kid, no one's going to ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll ask if I regretted it?
Speaker 5: They'll switch it to do you regret having three?
Speaker 2: I mean that is people do think it's weird to have one. I think one. My sister and Matt over this trip, we're talking about how one is just so easy compared to They're like one one seems like no kids, like just hearing about one, like how they they talk about the relief even imagining what one kid would be like com hear to three. Did you notice that, Chris, did you clock that when they go one? Oh, we didn't know how easy we had it. Not to minimize anything you're going through, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've also got a tail to tell. But the thing, our whole trip almost got canceled. Yeah, and they were like, you're not camp. We're like, maybe we should just go home, and they're like, we're not going home.
Speaker 2: They would have rather been I said yesterday, they would have gone on vacation at a refugee camp, eating one meal a day and sleeping on a cot with lice on it, just to get away from their kids. They would have been like, that is fine. They did not. They were not deterred by any of the things that happened on our trip. I wanted to give up so many times and just go back home because for me, being at home is my vacation from work because I am home right and work is on the road. So for me, I was like, I just would go from one vacation to another. I want to go back home and just and now I have the whole week free because I cleared my schedule because I'm supposed to be in Europe. So let's just go home because nothing's going right. And they were like the hell were going home? Like they were like, we are going And I was like, well, you guys can go, and they're like, come on, Nick, And so I went, but I did not. I just realized like they wanted to, they were and they did not miss their kids. They are great parents, great parents. At the end of the trip, I was like, is there any kind of longing? And just like we didn't miss our dog. I was like, I want to see her, but I don't want her to be here, and that's how they felt about their kids. Do I want you up here? Though, yes, come on, get on up. I have nothing to do with you. There's no presence up here. There's no toys. There's nothing there but cuddles and love and podcasts.
Speaker 3: But no names. There's no names for this dog.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering if there's a name, don't Oh do you want a name? Is that what you want? What do you want your name to be? Yesterday Taylor did go take her for a walk, and she was like, I, I you know, our plane was like getting in because that's just the way travel is now. Just just never expect your flight to be on time anymore. I used to not think this way, but this is the way it is now, folks. Nothing ever will go right if you have multiple connections. But Taylor, I said, can you walk her? And she was like, of course, And I says thank you so much, and she said I And then later on she goes, I took that little Twix bar out and she was so cute and everybody knew it, and I said, she's such a Twix thank you. This text may be so happy. She goes, he anything for you, twixy McGill which is like short for twixy McGillicutty. So we're thinking maybe twix because she doesn't look jewigs bar Twix is funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, TwixT is all right. I've never heard of a dog named twix either.
Speaker 2: So already sounds like it sounds occurring. Might be tricksy, and we're talking to her like a baby like you a twixty. Yeah, like it has babiness already implied. And although twigs are not vegan friendly, I think I could get be It's fine.
Speaker 3: It also implies that we're going to get another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, but it would have to be the same shape and size or she's out. Yeah, we would get another what's twix slogan? I think it's uh, take a break.
Speaker 5: I just know AI is. I just looked it up on Google and now Google has AI's answer. First, yes, I go what's twix slogan? And then it goes twix slogan is every bite feels like victory when it's wrapped in gold, which I think is probably it's like Olympics slogan, But like, clearly that's not what I wanted.
Speaker 2: No, that is not it was like put things, put life on pause, like it used to be a pause. I to have a reference to it in my act. TwixT need a moment, Twix.
Speaker 3: Twix, Well, I remember when it was like two for me, none for you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. They should have stuck with that selfish that actually makes people buy more selfish. You have to go get your own.
Speaker 3: It is selfish and rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TwixT doesn't really need help. I saw this amazing TikTok. I mean the TikTok itself wasn't amazing. The guy wasn't that helling doing it, but he had a really good point which he was like, there's no new candy. Candy has been the same since I was a child, and he was probably thirty two. But he was like, there's, of course, there's like nerds ropes, and there's like variations on like they'll do cookies and cream twigs and stuff like that, but like twigs, butterfinger, Snickers, Eminem's, it's there's no new like big ones taken off.
Speaker 3: All the new stuff is spinoffs on.
Speaker 5: Caramel and Reese's Cups. Now just so stupid. What a disaster that is. Who wants to put caramel and peanut butter. I mean, are you serious? It's good Carly on peanut butter. It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: I don't know what do you mean on?
Speaker 5: Isn't it within with under in under the chocolate?
Speaker 2: I think you could get on board with that. Yeah I could, I really could. I think that consists. I've talked about it before. The consistency of a Reese's cup is like biting into a sock. It's just like the chalky Like, I hate it so much?
Speaker 3: But what is your fait?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Your favorite? You don't candy bars really anymore? But if what's going to what's the one that you missed the most?
Speaker 2: I missed Nestley's red Little minis like the Nestlie Milk Chocolate.
Speaker 5: Wow, don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Love the crunch bar, you know, like the mini is that you get like, oh no, sorry, that that's crackle. That's what I was thinking. No, I was thinking. I really like the It was like an I think I liked a Nestley Milk chocolate bar. I think that was what I did. Hold on, let me look at them. It's been so long.
Speaker 3: Let's tell what chance chocolate bar?
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 2: Hold on. I think it was. I think I just really liked the flavor of the like regular Nestlie milk chocolate, but I did love a crunch bar. I love Take five. Okay, I don't know what I'm talking about with the Nestlie molk chocolate. There is one wait, no, it is red. It's just like crackle, but it's red.
Speaker 5: I am right.
Speaker 3: It's just a chocolate bar from it was just yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, it looks like this. Yeah, like that.
Speaker 5: It's just chocolate.
Speaker 3: We're so good chocolate.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: Are you from the eighteen hundreds?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Ca?
Speaker 3: You like just a chocolate bar a candy bar? If it's just chocolate.
Speaker 2: I think so, I think. And they used to have like princess versions like when I was they were like Disney princess version.
Speaker 5: Do you really I do recall the princess versions now that you mentioned it, that's I needed some gimmick in order for people to buy it, like for kids to buy because it's just chocolate. It's not they don't have the s'mores to uh buttress Hershey's chocolate.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about.
Speaker 3: In the words of Brian Frangie, is trash.
Speaker 5: White trash, it is.
Speaker 2: What are you guys going for candy?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about? Chris and I had in depth discussions about what chocolate you can and cannot eat due to various exposure to toxic metals.
Speaker 6: However, oh god, you guys became gay. What were you before became gay? I take that as a compliment.
Speaker 2: And I've just been listening to.
Speaker 5: So now that we're gay, were just we just want our not to have toxic.
Speaker 2: I'm saying gay as a prejorative ironically, because that is not how anyone should ever talk. And I know that that's kind of like dealing with like are you but are you getting away with using it prejoratively but ironically? And aren't you just getting using it negatively? So I don't really know what the line is, but meant that as a joke. I meant that as a punchline. I don't want anyone exact.
Speaker 5: The problem, Nikki is I have heard now many people in my life say gay in the same way that you're going that's gay or you're gay, and it's made me laugh, whereas seven years.
Speaker 2: Ago, yes exactly, Okay, thank you for knowing the distinction. I will field any d MS from people who are only gay people though, that are offended by me using gay in that way, and I will not go, well, this is what I meant. I will just hear you out and I will say I will never say it again if you were truly offended by that, because I want to be do the right thing. But I'm finding it's funny to use that word.
Speaker 3: And well it's because it's it's shocking now because you would never actually say that, Yes you would. You were not the person that would actually do that as an insult. You're doing it now to make us laugh, as a shocking thing because it's something you would never care.
Speaker 2: But I would never use the F word yet in that way. Back to use in.
Speaker 5: A funny way, No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I do use it in a joke, but I use it in a not ironic way, but I use it as it's it's not I really stand by the way I use I'm not going to do the joke right now, but in my stage act I do say it, and I feel kind of iffy about it, but I actually don't because I know that my intention is to make fun of people who say it, and it's not to say it.
Speaker 5: If you are gay, you can use the F word and generally it's it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: And that's actually what I'm doing. I'm doing an impression of a gay person in my act who's saying that word. And I know that's like you're just trying to get away with using it. I'll give you that, but I don't think I am. I think I was just trying to make a dumb point. Wait, okay, so can anyway, but when did you guys get gay honestly and start before you worried about toxins? When did what? What bar? Would you?
Speaker 3: I drink a sp spin drift because I don't like like the forever chemicals that are in the other side.
Speaker 2: No spin drift. It tastes like.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. The spin drift is awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you like them spin drift.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it just is like someone said it's or maybe this said is about Lacroix, but it's like someone thought about fruit around a water, a tap water, and then that thought of fruit is what was injected into that. It's just like the mirror, like someone talked to it and said, you are fruity, but yours tastes like diet. Mine tastes like chemicals, Yes.
Speaker 3: Like diet chemicals. So they like, somebody was drinking a chemically root beer with ice in it, and then they drink all the root beer and then they're like, I want some water, and then they put in like sparkling water and it's like there's it's in there, but it's gross addicted to them.
Speaker 5: Somebody cleaned a window with wind decks next to your water filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree with you that what I'm drinking is your yours doesn't taste good to me. It's always unsatisfying. I will take them over a water for sure.
Speaker 5: Like God is true.
Speaker 3: No, water's the best.
Speaker 2: I wish I liked it anywhere outside of being so thirsty after God the only time I don't water. Just listening to the last Culturistas and they were talking about doing seventy five hard, which is like you have to drink sixteen glasses of water a day. Impossible. I cannot believe people aren't sewing seventy five hard for like hyperhydrosis where people's brains swell because they drink too much water. Because you got to think a lot of people at the end of the day are like, fuck, I didn't get my water in and I got to make sure my app. You know, I can put it in my app, but they you have to drink sixteen glasses. I can't imagine doing that. I wish I was someone who liked drinking water. I know you do.
Speaker 3: It's all I drink, basically.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: It's really impressed a few spinnas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really impressive to me. What about alkaline water? I'm a total water snob. That's all I drink now, Yes, if you buy it, yeah, I buy it.
Speaker 4: We actually have like a water store here and you can fill uh, you know, gallons of water there, and that's what we do. We just bring home five gallon bottles.
Speaker 5: That's the future.
Speaker 2: Did water get worse since we've been adults? As kids, we were not caring about like we just.
Speaker 3: Learned more and I'm sure Brian can tell you more. But they put fluorite in the water, you know, and that's not it's not great for other things. It's great for your teeth, but it's not great for like your brain and other stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, but also generally, water quality has improved in many places just because of true US regulating corporations from dumping things into lakes and rivers.
Speaker 2: But that's all gonna be pushed back, y'all.
Speaker 3: And just the just the idea of the Flint, Michigan disaster makes you be like, I think I need to get this from somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: St Louis Killer water best best what we were told growing up. Saint Louis Water won so many awards that they stopped even submitting for them.
Speaker 5: WHOA, yeah, there you go. I think whenever someone tells over my house and they they drink water from the tap, I think they're insane.
Speaker 2: I just would never not do that. The only thing, the only time water tastes different to me is if it's like doesn't it doesn't taste cold like. That's what changes the enjoyment of water. You will drink water that's been sitting in a dog bowl for a week.
Speaker 5: Because you want to.
Speaker 2: If it has ice in it and it's in a nice glass, I will not know the difference. I literally won't know the difference.
Speaker 3: I remember going to the Lake of the Ozarks, which is where we went vacation and growing up. It's what the show Ozark is based on. And you would go there and the water tasted like it had dirt in it, and I was like, this is a problem you have.
Speaker 2: You're so sensitive to taste. It's a real good thing to be, I think. But you said even when you were growing up going to Catholic church, you would have to leave a lot of times because of the incense smell, because the priests were raping you, and so.
Speaker 3: That part wasn't the incense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said that you would tell your parents like I'm out of here. But you were young when you were doing that. Like, I for a kid to beat that sensitive to smells, that young.
Speaker 3: Hated sense from a really young age. Do you like Noah or Brian? Do you guys like candles and stuff? Nikki casually likes them.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, Well, I've had a storied history of having horrible reactions to say that I had to overcome and so I can relate.
Speaker 2: I relate too.
Speaker 4: I cannot stand the smell of incense and it has to be like a very specific candle.
Speaker 2: But I want to be a girl who does like candles. But they just candles are bad.
Speaker 5: They're bad for your your indoor air.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Why is no one talking about it?
Speaker 3: We're talking about it right now, I.
Speaker 2: Finally someone is There are girls that like worry about fluoride and water and worry about chemicals in their food, and there they promote candles constantly on Instagram, Like candle seems like such an obvious hazard.
Speaker 5: To There are better candles and worse candles, like you could have a soy candle, and those are better than having the stuff you get from Target, and so they're a little bit better for you. But if you want to talk about air pollution in your home, the number one thing that causes air pollution in your home, they want, Chris, do you know? Yes, you know? Nick?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: Nobody knows?
Speaker 3: Laundry?
Speaker 5: No, it is cooking, cooking on your stone, doing it in your oven. If you don't turn on your overhead vent, then you are inhaling the equivalent of a wildfire every time you make a chicken parmesan. Oh my, you need to turn on that overhead vent. They've can. There have been studies that have connected can. There's two people cooking without putting on their vent or opening their window. Smoke just fills your house.
Speaker 2: I like it. Now with cancer, we're just like no one's even trying to trace where it comes from. Everyone gets it, and it feels like it used to be used to go like which one? What is this one coming from? Aaron Brockovich would come in with some folders and investigating her tits out, and she'd go, we're let's connect this, and now it's just like no, it just it just happens. I read about a bunch of people getting cancer because of a bitcoin.
Speaker 5: Mine. Yes, all of the radiation from the servers.
Speaker 2: And I did not know that bitcoin. I thought bitcoin was an idea. I didn't know that it needed really had I really thought bitcoin was just the phenomenals and a.
Speaker 5: Machine for the environment.
Speaker 2: Nikki, I know what the fuck? Dude? Well, well, we will not investigate this while we get back from break after this, all right.
Speaker 3: Hey should we The last podcast was the one we did with your brother in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need an update is Yeah.
Speaker 3: So part of me thinks, like when you talk about your travel woes, that it feels like you're telling somebody your dreams and nobody wants to hear your dreams. But I think we kind of have a decent story here.
Speaker 2: I think there's a way to tell it in a way that we don't get too caught up in the details, because travel nightmares are all kind of similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's plow through the travel nightmares and get to the cool Taylor Swift things in the cool Vianna.
Speaker 2: And thank you for saying that. Like, let's put out a reminder out there right now that no one cares about dreams.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares about your dreams.
Speaker 2: Everyone already notices, literally that has been totally publicized. I think we've all heard some kind of version of like you know it was said and always sunny. I think in the pilot episode that I don't want to hear about your dreams. It's like vacation photos unless I'm in them and their sex going on. I don't want to I don't want to hear about your dreams. And I would even say I don't even care if I'm in people's dreams, because sometimes people will share a dream they had about me as if there's some kind of signific against to it, and all it says to me is that you're struggling with me in your life, Like it just tells me that there's something you're too. Like it doesn't help me in any way because people be like Nikki, I dreamed you got SNL and that you would an Academy award and like like it's like means something to me, Like I'm gonna get it because I'm they're dumb dream and I'm like, no, you need to go to therapy and talk about your relationship with your father and your whose name was Oscar or whatever? And uh, you were molested while watching SNL. It was, but it was, yes, exactly. So anyway, let's get to what happened to us? What was what was done to me? So we we did the last podcast from Dulles in a double tree that we got put up in. Very nice. Yeah, it was really it was nice of them. It was a nice hotel. We enjoyed ourselves. We did the podcast and then we were like, okay, let's go sight seeing. We didn't really. We went. We went to lunch. It smelled bad in the restaurant, but we really liked the menu. So we sat outside. We're sitting outside.
Speaker 3: And during the lunch. So the last podcast, people don't we thought we were just gonna get on a flight to tai Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows now what happened. Taylor's here. Sorry, the dog's barking, so We're sitting at lunch and we're having fun, just talking and chatting. We've accepted that we are leaving at eight forty five, which is literally, you know, twenty four hours, twenty no, thirty two hours after we were originally supposed to leave, and we have now have to go to a different country. We were going to fly direct to Vienna. Who gives a shit. We've accepted it. It's fine, We're going to go to Smithsonian. Things are going to be fine. We're sitting at lunch and I just look at my phone and I saw the news that uh Aristaurus canceled. Believable, and I put my head in my hands and I didn't say anything, but I just like looked at my group and I just said, the worst thing happened, the.
Speaker 5: Worst, I mean, unimaginable, something you wouldn't even be able to like predict. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, ever, and they go, is a flight canceled? And I go, you wish I didn't say that, but I go and they go what And they go aras they go concert canceled, and I'm like yes, and I just was so sad, and they're like, maybe maybe it's not true it and because I saw it, on an account that was like Era's tour concert account, what's not official account?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it said like Era's tour canceled or something. And then we saw something that was more that was more recent that was like not sure if it's canceled yet. We're like, maybe it's not canceled. And then like thirty minutes later, it was like everybody's like, this is cancer.
Speaker 5: Before I saw it on your Instagram stories, I saw it on CNN dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you typed in dot com.
Speaker 5: I can't. I've been doing that a lot lately, going to CNN dot Com. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: No, good for you.
Speaker 5: I just like not checking just an app. I'm just procrastinating and like, I like need a website to go to because I don't go to Facebook anymore or anything.
Speaker 2: So right, I will say that. Just side note. On Girls Chat last night, and we're recording this on Tuesday, by the way. Okay, so it's Tuesday, and last night, at like ten pm Central time on girls Chat, Halla comes in who you know from the podcast, and she's like, you guys, drive by, which is what we say in girls Chat if you don't have time to catch up on everyone's messages and you just want to say something, you just say drive by and you go drive She said, drive by if you guys want to get an AB workout. This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. And I said to Chris, Chris, what do you think halla is so late to the game on for like bringing it to our attention, being like, this is the funniest thing. You guys have to see this as if we hadn't seen it. What, Oh, that's really funny, he goes. He goes, is it? Like, is it she should have like five years late or like five days late. I'm like five days late, but like, it has been everywhere for five days. What is the one thing that has been everywhere for five days that is making everyone laugh? And that holos somehow political? Not political?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I guess I'm not plugged in either.
Speaker 2: Olympics.
Speaker 6: Oh, the Olympics, in the in the Olympics in the funniest.
Speaker 5: Thing, Oh oh the pommel horse guy.
Speaker 2: No, No, what yeah, five days old?
Speaker 3: That's not crazy.
Speaker 5: But this is this is bigger than bigger than bigger than that one, bigger than that's an ad workout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, laughing so hard. She's saying, because you're laughing so hard.
Speaker 5: Oh, I get it, okay, because you're laughing so hard. Something happened in the Olympics that was so funny.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, so ridiculous, even though I know the answer, Can I get another hint of the second part of that sentence?
Speaker 3: Just an Australian woman.
Speaker 2: If you you have not seen this, I am going to lose my mind. CNNA dot Com is not doing you any favorite and hollowey to be friends.
Speaker 5: Oh my okay, I I don't know, plugged. I bet you have a Breakdancer he'll no, No, I do not know because I personally I turned off Break Dancing because I said I was watching it and I was like, this is not insod.
Speaker 2: About watching the Break Dancing.
Speaker 5: No one wasted. It wasn't as good as I was going to be.
Speaker 2: It's about having a fucking phone and being on line.
Speaker 5: I don't have a phone, Nikki. I go to CNN dot com a.
Speaker 2: Second, wait a second, how have you not seen Reaga in the Breakdancer. I was laughing so hard, acting like this is just some kind of novel news. She's so cute because I think she literally checks her phone every five days, so she was.
Speaker 3: She works, she is behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she works under a rock literally and so she is behind. And she often does this on girls chuts. She'll be like you, guys, she just found out about Chapel Rone yesterday too, like last week it was Chapelone.
Speaker 5: I mean she she putting out videos. In twenty nineteen, no one was.
Speaker 2: Talking about I've seen the breakdancer? Can you show him so we can get a joke because no one is witnessing this break dancer for the first time anymore except Brian frad And if every listener who hasn't heard about the break answer either what is going on? I was looking because I gotta say I showed Chris she was and I am not. You know, I don't even like the Olympics.
Speaker 5: There's me.
Speaker 2: My algorithm is not giving me Olympics stuff. They don't. They know it's not going to be successful with me. But she was on every single thing I showed you. It was like five posts in a row about.
Speaker 3: It again after the Tom Bradown.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was it. It was everywhere.
Speaker 5: After Noah Liles got COVID and fucked America and all the future events and then started talking shit about NFL players. I was like, all right, that was crazy. I'm out what I was all in on Noah Liles. I thought he was amazing. You got COVID alive.
Speaker 2: And I know he beat the guy the first time and then he got COVID and.
Speaker 5: He got bronze. Yeah, which is great, which is okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Her dancing, oh yeah, this is it?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So what's the Is there context to this or is it Just watch the video and you'll understand is just not good. She's just not a good break.
Speaker 2: Then look at these moves, which is impressive that she can move like this at thirty two, but it is fucking insane. Someone said it looks like their cat before bed, which I thought was really.
Speaker 5: Break dancing is a stupid sport. It should not like I don't think it should be competitive. I don't think it should be the other person fronting while the other person's dancing. I think that's insane that the other person the one person's dancing and then the other person just kind of like crossing their arms like nodding their head like oh yeah, you think that move was good. I think if they're gonna do break dancing in the Olympics, it should be judged like gymnastics, where you go up, you do your routine and then you get a score that.
Speaker 3: No, there's a there's like your opponent is up there like reacting.
Speaker 2: And it's match for mass and then that you that then who decides who wins the opponent reacting.
Speaker 3: I mean I think there's judges or maybe the audience goes, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, how many people now there's an o snap of meter? Oh my god, no, this was I thought Holla was late to it. Brian, I cannot believe. Have you been just really working really hard or something and not on your phone a lot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Brian's very busy.
Speaker 5: I've been working, but I've been you know, I've been watching the Olympics and I've been watching all all sorts of things. I just totally missed this Australian breakdancer. I can't believe she's.
Speaker 2: Also seen it. I know it's sort of in your feet and you just probably probably were like, I'm not going to watch anything break dancing, and you scrolled past it quickly because it's it's it's everyone the funniest resition of it has been Rachel Dratch On Rachel Dredge did a hilarious impression of him. No, really brilliant, it's so good all.
Speaker 3: That also one of those things. It's so big that people do their own jokes and put them in memes and stuff, and you're just like, I can't believe how funny people everybody in the world is. Yes, Australians are doing funny things every I mean, everybody's making fun of this girl in a different way. It's she's taking it pretty well.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen her reaction yet. So what the thing I read about it was that break dancing will not be in the twenty twenty eight Olympics. The only reason it was in this is that because the dancing federation that was trying to get ballroom dancing in and they couldn't get ballroom in because the Olympics knew that it would not be lucrative in terms of people don't want to see it, which that's interesting that that even matters to.
Speaker 3: The course this money man, then why do.
Speaker 2: They have sharpshooters and and fencing, Like, who's what? Who is that getting gen Z interested? So they picked break dancing to get gen Z interested, which I don't think gen Z actually the breakdancing clearly was two years old doing the k across the dance floor. Yeah, skateboarding is working, but break dancers like people that are really into it, boys and years old. Furious about they said it was like it would be like.
Speaker 3: If a grade school basketball player went and played against Lebron like her doing that her Like that's how ridiculous.
Speaker 2: She look And she qualified because I think her husband was a judge in the qualifying and she she has a PhD in breakdancing. By the way, Wow, I was going.
Speaker 5: To you should not. No athlete should have a pH d in the sport they're competing with that. It seems that almost disqualifies them from being athletic to have a PhD.
Speaker 2: In Like how you shouldn't hit the books.
Speaker 5: You could be a nerd energy reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that. They you just get passing grades because they want you to call though.
Speaker 5: There is that one. Is it Gabby Douglas who has like a doctorate and she's like going to Yale or Harvard or something.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. I mean there's some that are just you know, some people are just extraordinary in so many ways, but break. I think it's the break dancing thing is so embarrassing to the Olympics. Yeah, are they humiliated by this?
Speaker 3: You have to be.
Speaker 2: This is insane that Simon Biles and that to be in the.
Speaker 3: Same also, like there's only most most people are talking about. More people are talking about ray Gun now than almost anything else.
Speaker 2: Without question, she has, she has, She has taken the gold in terms of media spotlight coverage of these Olympic She won the gold.
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 3: Turkish shooter beat Turkish shooter, she.
Speaker 2: Beat the in you know the girthy pole vaulter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: That incredible moment. That's insane. I don't understand how you would let your penis be that willy nilly, if that could possibly ever interfere, Like it's obviously such an impediment to like hitting the pole, Like why why that there wouldn't be like a cup or something for that, Like how do you that seems really.
Speaker 3: It's happened before. This isn't the first time it's happened.
Speaker 5: Doesn't doesn't all of this stuff, Nikki make you like the Olympics, like being like the zeit guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that it's kind of shown that it's not that cool and that it's not that prestigious son that seriously, I kind of do like that.
Speaker 5: On top of every years there are Olympic athletes who are who are competing to the peak of their athletic ability. Yes, and then you also have these little side stories which are fun and funny.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I love the memes that come out of the Olympics.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: I am all about it, and I think that's a really that's a fun thing that I'll look for the next time that we go into the Olympics. Is like, how many funny pictures and cool pictures and just you know that one picture of the guy surfing where he's like standing straight.
Speaker 3: Up, oh so cool, so cool.
Speaker 2: The one of the rugby the girls rugby team where she picks her lifts her up to get it. I mean there's some cool shots, obviously amazing feats of athleticism. I just I just don't care. And I don't think they care about my feats of comedy either. Like I think it's a it's okay to not care. I am starting to care about football and I'm sincerely starting to care about it, but I just don't I care about gymnastics, but I didn't watch it. I don't know what. I had a nap going on or something. I don't know what was happening with me. But and let me tell you about what I dreamed about. I was not the Olympics.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't the Olympics.
Speaker 2: So I will say that this ties into our trip because as long as I can make some find the jokes within it. And I don't want to be like I'm such a median that like, as long as I can make it about a joke, I can get there anything. But as long as there becomes a task of writing jokes and who can write the most jokes and the fastest jokes and the best jokes the quickest about something. That's why I used to love Twitter when there was like an event we were all watching together, because it was like who's going to make the best joke about this thing? We're all going to make a joke about, but who's going to praise it the best. It was like a competition.
Speaker 3: It's and it's always Zach Borenstein, almost.
Speaker 2: Always that guy nails it so well. But we were doing that. That's what we did, and that's what I did. The fish show. As soon as I came up with that fun fish game of just like making breaking news stories about all the fish attendees, it became fun for me in a new way. And then we I have museum fatigue that I get all they have.
Speaker 3: We even finished, like the Taylor Swift stuff, because we also need to get to kind of the magical moments. Yes, that came out of it. We can talk about museum fatigue.
Speaker 2: I just want I just want to say that one of the most fun things that came out of this trip was we were going to museums and I did this one time when we were in a museum in a fight. It was like twenty twenty one, and I started taking pictures of things and I was like, oh, I'm just like not in the mood right now because we weren't talking. It was before we learned how to work through things. And I was taking pictures of you know, paintings, and then I was putting them on my Instagram story and like making memes out of them, like when you find out.
Speaker 5: Yeah her NICKI glaer Instagram stories.
Speaker 2: It's really so fun. Yeah, yeah, I think I I think I've highlighted it for a while. It was once highlighted. But anyway, thanks Brian, And so that's what I was. That's what we were doing at the museum this trip. But I can't even share any of them because they were all based on inside jokes that happened on the trip. So we would just take pictures and then Chris, Me, Matt and Lauren were all like in a in a ra almost felt competitive that we would get we would get home from a museum and then we would all we even in the cabs. Sometimes we would just sit in the lobby of the hotel on our phone silently just sending to the group chat a picture of the museum and then of caption with it and just making each other laugh, sitting in silence next to each other. And it was the most fun thing.
Speaker 3: It was the most fun thing on the trip.
Speaker 2: We're going to make like a book out of all of them, because there's literally one hundred.
Speaker 3: We I think now we're going to start a tradition of going to cities together and then we have to go to the even if it's a dumb museum.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that we can make so we can get content. Because we went to a couple museums that didn't have a lot of content. We went to like the Museum of Natural History, and that just had stuffed like you know, antelopes and zebras, and there's not a lot you can do with animals faces. They're all kind of looking the same, so it's always like a look of shock or they're all kind of just like ugh. And so we we then we went to a palace. But anyway, that just made it so much fun for me, and honestly was the highlight of my trip was sending each other meme photos. And then we also all watched a movie together. They watched it in their room, we watched it in our room, and we made jokes the entire movie like we like almost like Twitter, where we were just writing each other and we started at the same time and our goal was to collectively all just make as many inside jokes as possible. It made it so much fun. That is why I like watching things with a group. I like doing things as a group. Doing things alone sucks because you can't make inside jokes. Bottom line, back to the story, we find out Taylor Swift is canceled. I'm devastated. I'm like, I just want to go home, Like I just I don't want to fly through Zurich. I don't want to now get on a flight for eight hours and then another flight for an hour to then land, and we don't even have our fucking bags like you were to jet fuck this. Yes, even though I've been to seventeen Taylor Sposh shows, this does hurt my overall number, which was going to end up being twenty two, which is a Taylor Swift number, and it meant something to me to have twenty two. And also I just wanted to fucking see the show.
Speaker 3: Why is twenty two like a number for her?
Speaker 2: Twenty two?
Speaker 6: It feels like one of those nuts sweet ditch the whole scene.
Speaker 2: I could keep going, but it's a song called twenty two? Did you like when I sang? Most people hate it? So so. Also, dogs really respond to sounds that other that humans can't handle, so it's oh oh. So I was sad, but my sister and Matt and Chris were all like, it's gonna be okay. I wasn't like crying sad. I did hear a lot of stories about swifties, like literally hyperventilating in tears catatonic. Obviously that probably has something to do with the fact that it was maybe the only show they could go to. And yes, I've been to seventeen and so maybe I wasn't as sad because of that, but I was fucking sad because the only reason I was going there was for those shows.
Speaker 3: And she just came off like four days of hard travel in California, like you're constantly traveling.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: That was a lot.
Speaker 3: And we had basically a thirty hour layover in DC and it was hot out and it smelled in the restaurant and it was just all bad timing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just finished my meal, and I'm always sad after meals because it's just I have to wait over five hours until I get to eat again, and it's just like, what the fuck am I supposed to do till done? What is this new thing you're doing? Biting my leg and digging on my thigh And so we were we were sad, But then we started walking moping. I would say I was moping.
Speaker 3: You were moping. You were like Charlie Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a little bit like I was hanging my head.
Speaker 6: It's like a rest of development. I was being a little poudy bit. That one episode yeah, and so, but I was just like, you know what I've seen. I don't get to be sad about this. I'm just gonna like suck it up.
Speaker 2: And I'm grateful that the people I'm with aren't huge swifties that I have to like deal with their feelings about it because everyone's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the hanging yeah yeah. And I was not on board with those things yet. I was still out. I was still out to lunch on those what is it called when you're like I was still working on it. I know there's a turn of phrase for it. But anyway, so I was still unsure about how I felt about that. But I I think I was just being a little bit like hyperbolic when I was warm to go home. Yeah, I was definitely lukewarm. I was Luke Skywalker. I don't know what that means anyway.
Speaker 6: So I am warm, cool hand Luke uh Luke Perry.
Speaker 2: Because I was dead, I felt like I didn't want to be alive anymore. And I will say this too, Please don't judge me for this. I can't help my thoughts. This is my first thought. Please do no one come at me. You cannot cancel me for this. Because I literally am just saying what I thought, and I can't help my thoughts. There is no free will. I can't choose what floats into my brain. But I did not even think about the terrorist attack at all for the first I would say, two days O day, like I just thought. I was just like, I don't get to go to a tailor shof show. There was no part of me that was like, I almost died in a terrorist attack. And then anytime someone said, but at least you're safe, and I was like, I would have died doing what I love. And that was a joke, but it was kind of it occurred to me that I only almost was in a terrorist attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the fact that it didn't happen, I feel like you can joke about it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was no attack, and it's amazing. I'm glad they prevented it. You, I mean, what old Imagine you're the person with the job whatever it is, chief of police of the city that needs to say we have to cancel the Era's tour. Imagine you're in charge of that decision. A lot of people done it. They would have said, we can get it done, we can protect.
Speaker 2: Really has there been a statement from the tailor camp No, And I think there's a lot of think pieces about why she has no talked out about it. I think it's a safety issue, and there are a lot of swifties that are discussing on Reddit, like I know, she can't say anything, but I am really hurt that there hasn't been anything. But I understand why she did it, but I'm still hurt there hasn't been any kind of acknowledgment from Taylor, And it's just like.
Speaker 3: She'll explained it perfectly.
Speaker 2: She will, she's doing she always does the right thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her team's figuring it out, probably with authorities. She probably can't say anything.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact she's fucking devastated and that and terrified and deals with so many threats against her life probably and stalker situations and just like security issues that we don't even know a fraction of. So this has probably been very traumatic for her. I'm I'm sure because of what could have happened. I mean, it was supposed to be an attack I think outside the stadium and potentially within the stadium, and.
Speaker 3: They're probably trying to figure out a way to beef up security for other shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wembley's going to be hard for people. Better get there early. That's the next shows, it's this weekend. But and and it's sad because there used to be such a huge crowd that would gather outside the stadium to celebrate together and all get together, and those aren't going to be happening.
Speaker 3: Books, socks, silver lining, which I thought was really cool. Yeah, were these singalongs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we found them almost immediately when we got into town. So, like, how did you find out that we just went to like the town square where I had already seen on on uh line that people had been gathering. So there's already kind of like evidence in my feed. Brian wouldn't have seen it because he didn't even see the fucking break answer. But like for me, I'm getting like definite like news updates from Swifties and there was I saw, oh, there's a crowd gathering, and I assumed there would be.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk about like the uh yeah, the TikTok okay.
Speaker 2: So we're at the airport at Dulas about to leave or I'm just kind of accepted it. We went shopping. I spent a bunch of money. It made well to literally I didn't need any of the things I bought. It was the first thing we did after we found out the news, and I just like, I was like, oh my god, I see why pe will spend money to like feel better. And I bought all black clothing. I will say that too. I bought three black things. I was like in morning and I'm and they're all baggy and awful. They all look like things you'd wear to a funeral. I was seriously so sad. So then we get to Dulas and we're hanging out and my sister and I were like, I think we had already made a TikTok about or a video on my Instagram story about going to a Taylor Swift show and our flight was delayed and stuff, and it had gotten a little traction. I was like, we should make another one about this, and she was like, yeah, maybe. And then we sit down and she gets out our notebook and she starts writing it and I was like kind of not in the mood to do it, and that I had said maybe we should do one hours prior and I was like, I'm not in the mood now. I just want to go get food and get ready for this flight, and she started jotting, sat down some notes, and then I was like, well, I can't just let you do this on your own, so then I started helping and then we wrote this. We took the bridge of Cruel Summer and we wrote a parody song about the tour the you know shows being canceled. And we wrote really quickly within I would say, like ten minutes, and we really like struggled over it. She was very upset because I was trying to rhyme like pants with like sense or something like, and I was like, if we just sing it in a way, it can rhyme, and she was like, no, it has to rhyme exactly. So she was really adamant about that. We kind of got into it, we settled on this final thing, and then we kind of forgot about it, and I go, we're about to board our plane, and I'm like, Lauren, we have to record this now because it's about being at the gate and this will not work out of context because we can change that line and do it later on the plane or something. But it really helps if we're there at the gate. So we're boarding the plane, we get out of line, we leave our bags with Chris and Matt and we go, we're just going to go record this and sit down in the chairs at the gate. So our plane is boarding, we're recording this and it's really hard to do because she is the lyrics up, but they're hard to memorize, and we're taking each line by each line, and it's we're fucking it up over and over, like we can't get through it. We probably did like ten takes, and at this point Chris and Matt. Matt are at the front of the line and I'm like, we got to give up, like we'll just rewrite it and we'll write it for the plane, and she's like, no, let's just do one more. So we do one more. We fucking nail it, and then we instantly run over to Chris and Matt, who are being like kind of detained at the front of the line. They're trying to board, and there's there's a snaffoo. Something has gone asunder, Wow, thank you, I got a word a day calendar three days ago and those are two of the words, and so then that's not true, and so we go what's going on? And I'm like, oh my god, another fucking issue, Like they're not allowed to board. There's an issue, your seats have been reassigned. What And we get on and the seats are now in the seventh row and we're all four in the seventh row and we go, what's going on here? We get on the plane and what do we have?
Speaker 3: Like the best business class seats you could possibly.
Speaker 2: Imagine, possibly imagine we had an upgrade. I have no status with United, I have no status with Austrian Air I have I have a little bit of status with United. I mean I am on like the bottom. There's there's I don't know how this it was like a miracle. We I don't We still to this day don't know what happened. But we got to lay down and have meal service and hot towels and tea and breakfast.
Speaker 3: NICKI experienced almost none of it because she was so sleep for probably seven of the eight out.
Speaker 2: But that is the reason you love those seats, is because you can sleep horizontally the whole time and get a full night's sleep. So we board it at eight forty five. I was asleep by nine forty five, and then we land in Zurich and my sister and I have got a six and a half hours of sleep.
Speaker 3: Wow, and Matt and when you land we find out that video has three million views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, insane and to this day right now, and I think it's at five point eight. It was it last night. I'm sure it's at six by now, aren't you on TikTok? And then yeah, didn't someone.
Speaker 3: They played it on like entertainment tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nicki Glazer and her sister Lauren stuck at the gate said.
Speaker 2: Lauren Blazer on the Chiron and she was like, that's not my name, but that's fine, but she we and then we started getting recognized around Vienna for the TikTok because I got the thing is, most of those millions of views, if you are a Swiftie that is in Vienna, someone has sent you that TikTok someone you love that back home, someone's like, you got to see this because this represents your experience. And every single Swiftye that was going to Vienna had that moment of finding out someone texted them or they saw on their feed that was canceled. I I I. That's what was my question of everyone I met was like, where were you when you found out? Like what happened? Princess Diana really, it really was a moment, and literally everyone I talked to was like, I cried a lot. And then we met a therapist while we were in Vienna that is a local Vienna therapist and so she was dealing with clients who live in Vienna and she was like, Nikki, I think I want to write I'm not doing a good Vannies or accent, but she was like Austrian accent. But she was like, I want to write a dissertation on.
Speaker 3: I want dissertation.
Speaker 2: She's like on the phenomenon of Swifties because I had four adult women sobbing in my practice on Thursday because of the news, sobbing, losing their minds, Like and I understand that, And I go, do you hear about Taylor Swift a lot? Just not even from those four women, but like in general, she was like all the time, all of the time, it is something.
Speaker 5: That it's a mass psycho pacularly.
Speaker 2: And I said, it's it is emotions, like people going to therapy or trying to work through emotions, and they're usually girls who are blocked from their emotions. And as a girl who's blocked from my emotions, Miss Taylor Swift helps me access them, and that is what I attribute me loving Taylor Swift so much to.
Speaker 3: If you can get a PhD in break dancing, you will eventually be able to get a PhD in Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: I would probably take those courses. In fact, I'm actually teach the course. I'm actually going to be teaching a course I'm doing for the University of I think Alabama. Someone asked me they're doing a course on Taylor Swift and they want me to.
Speaker 3: Do a guest No, I guess lecture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess lecture. So I'm doing one coming up. I think in October. I'm zooming in to a class.
Speaker 5: So that's amazing. Alabama you can take a class on Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: I think it's Alabama. I might be wrong.
Speaker 5: What's the purpose of those class? What's the major that you're in? I mean.
Speaker 2: It is, let me pull it up. Oh my god. I type it in Taylor Swift on my thing and it's like there.
Speaker 5: Must be some academic connection to Taylor Swift. I guess you could take just like like Ali took a class. I'm like, I don't know the Beatles, I think in college. But doesn't that just seem like, if I was a parent, I'd be like, why am I paying?
Speaker 2: No? Because it's if you are involved in a analysis of poetry and stuff like it's she's a poet. University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: I'm writing to start a convo between you, me, and the fabulous Taylor Swift class professor herself, Darcy Morris. It is, Uh, let's say what it is. I'm not sure how much she told you about the class. It is called Gender Culture and Media Taylor's version, and we will be examining her from every possible angle. In our semester long study of Taylor Swift, we will explore fan culture, celebrity culture, girlhood, music industry ethics, marketing and promotional strategies, and social media theory, along with race, sexuality, and feminism. My most important classes in college were about media and talking about sitcoms.
Speaker 3: Honestly, there was because that's the things that you were interested in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I learned so much that that helped me. Yeah, I mean it. I don't think there's any kind of college course you can roll your eyes at if it really does cater to what you're into and what your parents are paying for.
Speaker 5: Well, it should be preparing you for it has happened to prepare you for your career. Whereas you know, if there's a connection between this Taylor Swift class and what these people will ultimately be doing as to make money, then then I said, there's seems like it's covering a wide breadth of topics, which is probably why they got it approved by the by whoever approoves classes.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think it's just it teaches. Obviously you'll be writing papers and analyzing things like no matter what you're analyzing, writing papers and having to find some meaning in something that might not be on the surface, there is valuable and right and consider yeah, just studying art of any kind?
Speaker 5: Why is Taylor Swift? So I mean like I'm coming around because like why is Taylor Swift not as legitimate as like the Peloponnesian War, or like you read a Shakespearean sonic, Like why is Shakespeare elevated? Because it's old.
Speaker 2: Dude, right exactly, That's what I'm saying. That's why people talk about like the Beatles or Bob Dylan or you know, I studied. I took a jazz course that was so interesting, But it's like, what is the difference they were.
Speaker 3: What was like the syllabus like for the jazz thing.
Speaker 2: It was all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yea, it was more like the stuff you didn't.
Speaker 2: Learn one to five. But A B it was crazy, Yeah it was. It was Yeah, it was the chapters we weren't reading. It was really no. We literally we watched the ken Burn series Jazz every class.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It was once a week and it was a three hour long class and you just watched the movie and you write a paper on it at the end of the year.
Speaker 5: A great way to spend the money is to But you know, it was.
Speaker 2: Great because it taught me how to analyze art and literature, and literature because I had to read. I had to read books about jazz as well. But it and it forced me documentary you'd never want to.
Speaker 3: Watch, saying that you're just watching a movie. But I think we have to go soon. But I want well, no, I want to hear more about the the sing along stuff.
Speaker 5: What did you what?
Speaker 3: What did you feel about that stuff?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, this was left down.
Speaker 3: For other people that we're expecting a Taylor Swift show.
Speaker 2: I have some notes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, don't do this, don't do this, just talk about the good things about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a comedian, Chris, and I gotta make some stuff. And by the way, no, there's nothing more I love than getting together with Swifties. I've already said it, like when Aristour ends, I'm going to travel to towns where they are going to be Taylor swift singalongs, just to go dress up and sing with other Swifties. I love it so much. What I love about it, though, is organization. And that's what we were lacking in Vienna because it was a last minute thing. But the speaker systems weren't good enough right for all the single And I know I'm being negative and you're gonna you are wanting me to be positive. What I did love was everyone was dressing up for three days in a row, dude, three days in a row. People were dressing up, coming together in thousands at not only the town square in Zurich where the cathedral was sorry yeah, in Vienna, but also the Cornelia Street. That was cool because there's a song called Cornelia Street, and there's a street called Cornelia Street in Vienna. It's called like Cornelia Gas which is Cornelia Road or something whatever it was. And but it's this beautiful, little, tucked away kind of street where throngs of Swifties are there. We went on Saturday night. This has been going on for three nights. That was the final night of it. There were thousands of Swifties and all singing her songs and people blasting your music out of the window, just like people who lived in these flats. I'm calling them flats Oise so Europe.
Speaker 5: I took a lift, they took the.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that they hold these speakers up in a lift and yeah yeah, and and how many pounds they spent on these speakers.
Speaker 5: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no wait, that's euros. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: And they probably weighed.
Speaker 4: A long.
Speaker 2: Ye oh yeah, oh god. And I mean there was just but there was.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty you know, obviously I'm pretty far removed from the whole like swift universe, but the fact that everybody banded together and was out there singing the songs.
Speaker 2: It was the first time I had really smiled since finding out about the news. When we walked in that square and suddenly we got out, I was so ready to go back to the hotel. I was jet lagged, but Lauren and Matt and Chris were all like, we're pretty feeling good. Let's like keep walking. I'd also like, really, my feet were like swollen.
Speaker 7: From the way we talked about the benches. Oh my god, did you have another podcast this week? Yeah, okay, we can talk about tomorrow. But yeah, my feet were just like not feeling good. And so I was just like ready to go home. And I was so sad, like when I get tired, I get really depressed. And I was just like, I don't even want to be here. And then we walked in that square and I was just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: My people. And then we started singing Lover and they were singing the songs all in the order of Era's tour and I and then I said to Chris and Lauren and Matt, I was like, you can just leave me here, because I knew that it wasn't something you would want to stay for a really long time. So they left me for about You guys stayed for probably three songs and you left, and I stayed for another five to ten songs, and then I had to eventually go because there was just too much. There was a speaker in the front, and I wasn't close up to the front because I didn't want to push my way through just to be like I want a thing, you know, like, but people in the back weren't singing as much, but there was, so the speaker was in the front, and so everyone was singing with the speaker. But if you were just left to your own devices singing a Taylor Show song and you can't really hear the speaker, you will sing way faster than is natural. Everyone does it when I perform alone, I've always performed faster. It just you speed it up. So in the back we were singing faster than the people in the front, and it was fucking with my life, like I couldn't handle it. And I was trying to get people on board, like I was trying to clap along with the one in the front so people could maybe like get on board, and it was just causing too much chaos in my brain to be And also I wasn't with the group who was singing first, so I was late to everything. I just couldn't handle it, and so I had to go to Tzara and escape. But that was the only thing I was like, I wish the speaker system would have been better, and I wish so many people wouldn't have just been there spectating, and that if you would have been there, you would sing, because if everyone sang, we would all be on the same thing. But there are too many people just like that who were just like kind of judging, and I didn't love that. But I loved how many friendship bracelets were being exchanged, how many just like looks of like I get a girl that we all gave each other. But everyone really seemed in great spirits. It didn't seem like this like.
Speaker 3: I thought it was. I thought it was magical. Yeah, you were people on balconies, you know people. There was a there's a family that was getting water for people because obviously on this street there was no shops or anything around the shops. Uh, so like everybody like banding together. I think it was awesome. It's like, I just love swifties so much.
Speaker 2: And I love being one and they're so cute and it was. It was truly and Lorna and I were getting like recognized a little bit because of our swifty video. Like that felt good that people were nice to you. Yeah, it wasn't like a ton of people and I was I almost didn't want to be recognized because I just there's a video that someone took of me getting recogniz in having a picture taken with and I noticed in the video I had to cut it because it looks like I'm being almost rude because as soon as we took the picture, I just like slinked away because I didn't. I just never want to make Taylor Swift things about me, even though that seems ironic because I talk about her all the time, but I just felt like this isn't my thing to be, Like, I just want to like blend in and I kind of just want to be I want people to go, Wow, this girl's really into it, not this girl wants attention for like.
Speaker 3: I like it because you are in your own world in these things, Like it doesn't seem like you're worried about any of the things around you that you're just fully engage in immerse. That's what I like it for you.
Speaker 2: I really do. I disappear from every worry I have in my life. I am not.
Speaker 3: So you're basically sober about and this is something that is like a full escape.
Speaker 2: It's a full escape. It is. It does.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be self conscious, you don't want to have eyes on you for it, because you just want to blend in and.
Speaker 2: Be your The last thing I would want to do is like take away from any one's joy around me. So it's just literally for me, it feels amazing, and it was, it was awesome, and I just I want to really just reiterate to any Swifties out there, find a sing along to go to. I know that you're like, maybe I don't. I don't have anyone to go with me, go alone. No one will care dress up, you can't afford eras tickets. If you're not gonna be able to go, you are not going to miss that much. If you just go to a sing along. It literally feels the same to me. That is no shade to tailor. She puts on an amazing show, but if you want a big fraction of that experience, it is just being around people singing her music together. Because you get that, you get filled up in that way going to these So I really I know it sucks if you don't get to go see her. And I meet so many Swifties and I go when are you going to eras? And they're like never, And I'm like, I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry because you have an opportunity. Tickets are sometimes fifteen bucks to go to these nights and you gotta go do them. You gotta youah the singalongs, But yeah, I was. It was awesome. It was a legendary trip. More stories to come from it, I'm sure tomorrow on the podcast. Thank you guys for listening. We gotta go, Brian. I also want to hear about what's going on with your TV making experience.
Speaker 5: Yes, one thing, Brian, there is a new chocolate bar. There is chocolate bar. I forgot about. Mister Beasts came out with a whole line of mister Beasts chocolate. Yeah, okay, yes, beastables.
Speaker 3: Okay, beastables. And if they say on the package the best chocolate in.
Speaker 2: The world, does it really?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: He is being canceled right now and people are trying to cancel.
Speaker 5: Why, oh my god, we have to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a legitimately good dude.
Speaker 5: What happened, dude?
Speaker 2: I'll just google it.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, next time podcast, we take down mister Beasts. Just kidding. We wouldn't touch it, but I am. I do know. I've noticed. I watched a video the other night of someone who worked for him talking about how it wasn't a great experience. Uh huh, listen, anyone who is that successful.
Speaker 5: That's happened many times.
Speaker 2: About it in ethical way, right, But.
Speaker 5: That's happened many There have been many videos about mister Beef. I have a beach mister Beeth and he's weathered them all with explanations.
Speaker 2: He'll be fine. I'm not worried about mister.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be a video. If that video is legit, they'll be I'm not worried about it. It's gonna be a video.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about any of this.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be a video in another month where they make amends and he goes. Actually, mister Beast is pretty cool. He reached out to.
Speaker 2: Me, so it's gonna be fine. Try the Mister Beasts Chocolate Bar, Chocolate in the World, Drink Prime Energy, logan, Paul for Life, We gotta go, We'll see tomorrow. Don't be a bye. The Nicky Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, hans Sonny and Noah Avior. Edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, Video production Mark Canton and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicky Glazer podcast on YouTube tube, follow at naky glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel