Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Giselle Varryant.
Speaker 1: What's that? What's up? This is Robert Dixon, Robin Nick Sun. Yes, tis the season. Thank you for being here. Jolly oh, Robin.
Speaker 2: What on the radio all the time? It's Christmas music?
Speaker 1: You love it? Oh my god? I love it really yes. I love Christmas music like what kind all? Really? Yes, like old, traditional, old, new. I like it all. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The kids like it, they look they look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I listened to I think I told you this. I sent my Pandora to so let us know by boys to men because I want like the soulful Christmas is that you get use it? Yeah? Okay, it's really good. Yeah, I love it, but I don't want like it's a holy y.
Speaker 2: I want it all really yes, hollie, jolly and all. I want the oh and then there's waymen the uh something though it's mister Grinch like that not really Okay, that's probably the only one I don't like. Okay, yeah, good, but it is the holidays, and I'm loving the holidays.
Speaker 1: Yes, the holidays are fun. I mean, it's just it's a lot. I think it can be overwhelming, you know, if they have a lot of shopping to do and all of that.
Speaker 2: But you know, all of the lights and yes, it's just as fastive, it's cozy, and I know we already had the egnog discussion.
Speaker 1: Yes, that I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: But but by the way, I've been a little discouraged because typically there's like seven different variations of egnog that are in the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Okay, now there's like three.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if there's an egnog shortage, there's an extra shortage. I don't know what's happening. But but what variations of egg there's like lactose intolerant. There's there's you know, lightweight eggnog. There's like thick and fluffy eggnog. There's all kinds of hagnogs out here. Really, yes, so but you got to get like the real deal, holy feel the whole thing. Yeah, and then add your tequila. You're good, okay, Yes, our little Bailey's yeah, Okay, Yeah, I have a I have a red velvet Bailey's that's out of this world.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, thank you Baillies. They said that to me. Taste good, tastes like liquored up. Okay, yes, I'm getting lickered up this holiday season.
Speaker 2: Liquered, liquored, liquored up. What what are you getting this liquored up?
Speaker 1: Liquored up? Oh my god? Are you liquored up right now? No? I'm very much so burned. Okay.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because when when we do our confessionals, when we talked to the the guy in there, Lars is his name, Yes, Hi, Lars, Yes, Lars. He always asked me, you know, you know I have champagne on on and I've chilled champagne.
Speaker 1: If you need that yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't need ship to talk about these girls. I don't need nothing. Okay, don't get me liquored.
Speaker 1: Up in here. Listen. I drink the champagne and I'd be like, oh what was I saying? I forgot? Oh so you do take the champagne? Oh you do? Okay, I do not.
Speaker 2: I forget only because I want to be like, you know, I want my brain to be working when I'm throwing my shade.
Speaker 1: Got it of course? Anyway, all right.
Speaker 2: Listen don't need any help. Yes, I have a reason to be shady moment you do.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it is with these freaking airlines.
Speaker 1: Oh okay again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been on the airlines hard because it's a whole lot with y'all. So my daughter goes to school in Florida, and if I fly down to Florida today, it will cost me four hundred twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: If I fly my first class, it might cost me six hundred twenty eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, But you know, somewhere in that range.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can even get a little ticket for you know, maybe two three hundred in coach in the back. And I'm cool with putting my daughter back there.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So during the holidays, they know we are sending the are we are flying these children home there their numbers are fifteen hundred dollars. For her Thanksgiving ticket was fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: For her to fly from Florida to DCC was fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: The same ticket ribbery what would be normally two three, four hundred dollars. Yes, I feel like that is it's not really highway robbery. It's actually murder. It's like you have stuck a gun to my head and you're trying to kill me.
Speaker 1: Yes, because that's where they're making up all their numbers for like whatever the low numbers that they've had throughout the years or over the year, or that's where they're really they know that they're going to make all of their money that they need to make over Thanksgiving and Chris Christmas. Really, yes, yes, they do that. I don't appreciate it. It needs to be regulated.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Joe Biden, I know you busy, or this is what you need to deal with.
Speaker 1: Or I guess they look at it like, okay, well it's a blessing to be able to travel. So if you want to pay it, then pay it. And if you don't, then don't. Well you don't have a choice. You gotta pay it. You got to come.
Speaker 2: You don't travel, or you don't travel, or you or you don't see your child for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or or you fly Southwestern Spirit or Frontiers.
Speaker 1: It's not bused to be crazy too. Maybe fifteen hundred, but but you probably would pay round trip for a Southwest ticket probably eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's they know what they're doing it, they're doing it on purpose and it's not nice and I don't like it and needs to be regulated that and hotels.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started with hotels. So, speaking of airlines, have a question because I saw a little debate a little while ago, and it was I didn't even know that this was an issue. Yeah, and since you fly first class, you probably can't really relate. But the question was, is it okay to recline your seat when you get on a plane? Yeah? Yeah, what do you mean right? And I was like, that's the thing. What is this an issue? And there were literally people saying like, no, you it is rude to recline your seat, and I don't recline my seat because it's rude, or some people are like yes, like no, it's not rude, Like you know, you can recline the seat. And I'm just like, is it that what it's there for?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's there for you to recline your seat. I guess because you're coming back into their space.
Speaker 1: Right, but you should know that that's what happens. I'm like, yes, what why are we so just soft in this country? Now? Now? Now bitching and complaining that the person in front of you reclined their seat. Listen. They they crossed flakes with that cancer. That's what happened. That's what happened. I'm like, this has been happening since airplanes were invented. Now we're debating on whether we recline our seat or not. That's not a debate.
Speaker 2: The seat is there for you to recline right once they tell you you can recline. When's that that ding? You know that ding goes off? Recline your seat right, and if you feel like you're too close to the person in front of you because they've reclined the seat, then you recline yours right, and then the person behind you should recline.
Speaker 1: There right all the way to the back. It's so insane. I'm like, this is like really, now we're debating on whether we can recline our seat. Listen.
Speaker 2: I told you I don't go to the wild wild West.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm looking out my window, y'all this FedEx truck about this?
Speaker 2: Okay, so my car is outside the car that unfortunately kills squirrels. If this fat X man it's my car, we're going to have a problem. We're gonna have a problem. Okay, so we're I don't even want to look. I don't right look, Okay, it's clear, good gracious. Okay, So somebody had a random question. You guys, y'all have We've asked you all thankfully to like write us, give us your reasonably shady scenarios and we'll read them and blah blah blah, and we have so many stacked up.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're gonna do this episode. Okay, Yes, we get into the questions. Got a lot of emails, yes, and we appreciate you all for taking the time to write an email to us. Yes, that is. And by the way that.
Speaker 2: You do that, by the way, gone to your ratings on this review, your rates and review us. Yes, give us a five star, twelve stars.
Speaker 1: Give us all the stars, five stars. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll be greedy, and don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube because now we're putting up our visuals. Yes, because they're not called videos anymore, they're called.
Speaker 1: Yes. And I didn't you know, I didn't know what visuals, and so Robin had a stank face.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that face was, and so Beyonce didn't have quote visuals. I didn't even understand what people were saying, right, like are They're like, where are the visual What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Right? Like? You mean the music videos.
Speaker 2: Let's say listen, now we know what visuals are and Beyonce will do it's when she feels like it or not.
Speaker 1: So she said, you are the visuals?
Speaker 2: Yes, leave us all right? So this is fro.
Speaker 1: We just get so spoiled by Beyonce. I know. Listen, Beyonce is the beast. Oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm going to say this to you almost I'm coming for you what I do? Yeah, okay, So in her in her movie, Beyonce's movie, I.
Speaker 1: Did not talk about Blue Ivy. I'm not finished talking. Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: When Blue Ivy did her first appearance in the Renaissance tour with her mama, Robin Nixon said she was a bit stiff. I did not, Yes, you did. You said she was stiff and she needs more practice. And I said, rhyming, that's not nice. Say that, that's not good. I said that that's and and then and the child has been listening to all this commentary.
Speaker 1: And when they said that she was listening to the contract, I was like, oh, that's Robin Nixon. She didn't mess with Blue Lives mentals, but I got her better crashing the child. Know what, I got her better? I just said she needs to like, okay, you practice makes perfect. Oh she's great. I guess I said she's fantastic. So if I said it, I meant it.
Speaker 2: She's you said it. But do you want to take it back? Do you want to take it back?
Speaker 1: No? I don't because guess what what she got better over time?
Speaker 2: Blue, I ain't said that about you. She I didn't say that about you something I said you were fine. No, But I probably was still like, oh my god, that's so amazing that she did it. But I probably was like, yeah, she could use a little said y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm the last person to criticize anybody's dancing or singing or anything. So I was just being honest. Okay, okay, all right, anyway we can improved. She did. She's amazing, But I have it a hard time, like where's see That's why I said Beyonce has a fence to because where's Blue Ivy? Does she does Blue Ivy have an Instagram? No?
Speaker 2: But reading the feedback because she first of all she's on tour with her, like the dance team that everybody they all.
Speaker 1: Got Instagram and she was like, show me what the people said, and they was like, girl, you don't want to you don't want to read that. And then she was like, I want to see did they say that they trashed me? And then that's how she found it went okay, yeah, I want to know how that went down.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, Hi Robin, and this is from Kashif a Kashif buttah ba Tia. Anyway, Hi Robin, and I loved your podcast. I love your podcast Reasonably Shaped, and I'm a huge fan of the Real Housewives of Botomac. My question is what's your favorite food to eat when you're out?
Speaker 1: When I'm out, Let's see what is my favorite food to eat? Yeah? I think I like Mediterranean food. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, like the branzino, the olives.
Speaker 1: Cucumbers, like really light flavorful. I think that would be like my best I just love the way it's all cooked and made and you don't feel like you're eating crap. Right, but we have talked about I like that as well. I also like anything. I like a bunch of seafood. I like, you know, a little lobster here and there, but they don't like lobster. Oh, I love lobster with some drawn butter. What lobster mac and cheese? Yeah, I don't know why. I don't like lobster fried rice. It's like too tough.
Speaker 2: And then they gotta cook it right.
Speaker 1: You gotta cook it right. And then dessert for me. So if they don't. If the places I have good dessert, I'm not going back. Okay, sorry, yes, not going dessert is great. Yeah. Yeah, but I like a mediterrane something and I like Italian food. But I'm actually finding I feel like I do I may have a gluten sensitivity, really yeah, because I feel like if I eat pasta, I don't really feel great, like the next day or after. But I know, so maybe I just need to start ordering gluten free pasta. We'll see.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, Robert Marshall said us a message, isn't I Robin and Jazell just wanted to say that I love watching y'all on The Real Housewives Potema again. I love the podcast. You're both so authentic and entertaining, and you inspire me, especially as someone living in the DMV area.
Speaker 1: I go to the University of.
Speaker 2: Maryland, go turps and Robin and Robin I know you did too, So I'm a proud terp excited to see what's to come. This is not a question that was a praise letter. Oh, thank you, Thank you, Robert, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was confused. I thought I was getting to the question. Thank you, Robert. We appreciate you too, and you know we do appreciate the fact that y'all do love us. Yes, and we're gonna show love back to Diana Newman. She wrote in and she loves listening to all, to y'all, to us, and she just wants a shout out. She just turned forty on November fifteenth, So little shout out, Happy fortieth Diana Newman. Okay, so forty is that Diana? She said this white girl lives her life both reasonable, reasonable and shade. Yes, get it, get it, white girl? Okay. So is her name Diana? And did she say white girl? Get it? White girl? Yeah? She did say white girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you know we're gonna call it with she is get it, white girl, get it?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, Diana, I want to say this to you. Forty is when you tell everybody kiss you ass. Forty is when you look around and you're like, Nope, I'm not doing the shit no more.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: You're not going places you don't want to go, You're not answering text messages you don't want to answer, and if you have parents, which hopefully still do, you're telling them go to hell. It's okay, not.
Speaker 1: Literally, not in the main way, but in the very nice way. You're You're you don't care what they say anymore. No, okay, So what is fifty? Then fifty is like ya ya yi yi.
Speaker 2: Fifty is all the things you know. What's so crazy? Oprah Renfer used to always talk about, like getting older. It's like when you start like coming into your own and life has not started until you've turned. She actually started this at forty and then fifty. Oh my gosh, life is so wonderful.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: She is right right, I'm living my best life over here.
Speaker 1: God damn it. We have a reasonable or shady question. So it's a little story. Okay, this is from right. Oh, I'm sorry. She asked to keep her name anonymous, so.
Speaker 2: Her nailor, no no, no, no, no, no tailor take her out bleep out the name.
Speaker 1: Okay, she says, Hi, Robbin and Gazelle love you both so much, and you looked you both looked beautiful at Brabocan. I have a large family, so typically for Christmas each year we do Secret Santa, so we don't have to get gifts for each individual person, just your person that you picked. This year, my sister who's twenty eight, and I she's twenty five, told our families that we would be opting out of Secret Santa due to money being tight. My sister is about to make a big move from San Antonio to Chicago, and I just bought my first home on my own and have been renovating it for the past five months. My oldest brother, who's thirty five, has three kids under three and got very upset when we announced that we will not be participating this year. He called a spoiled, selfish and rude because this is his kid's first Christmas that they will remember, and we are ruining it for them by robbing them of gifts. Keep in mind, the oldest turns three in January and the other two turn one the same week in January, so right after Christmas they will get birthday gifts. My sister and I were taking a back by his response, and I told him maybe my sister and I could get them a small gift together to have with the costs, But even that wasn't good enough for him. I asked him, why is it required for me to get his kids a gift but he never gets me gifts even for my birthday. He says it's fair because we don't do sibling gifts and I don't have kids. I do have a dog, and I don't expect him to get gifts or my dog, but it does it does feel like a double standard to me. I told him that my dog's birthday is coming up in November. If I have to get his kids a gift, he has to get mine a gift, and if he doesn't, I won't get his kids anything. He she shouldn't right. He flipped out on me again and told me I'm petty and now he won't speak to me. Am I reasonable or shady for telling him to get my dog a birthday gift? And do you think I should get his kids Christmas gifts? Okay?
Speaker 2: Every mighty being shady right now? Okay, this is shady, shady shit, Okay, this whole family. Matter of fact, just say, good body of fans. Chrisis away, right, Chris goes in.
Speaker 1: The trash can. Let's let's start from the beginning. Okay, the fact that your brother, I think the brother is being petty and shady for getting mad at the two younger sisters, yes, for not participating, like if they don't have it, they don't have it, like aniot. So for him to shame them for not having it. Yeah, for him to be upset because his kids are going to miss out on two gifts from their aunties. Like that's that's messed up. Okay, and it's not on them, it's you're the parent, exactly You make sure your kids have a good Christmas exactly right, So you make up for it, you thirty five year old brother. Keep over here being an asshole to your little sister. Yeah, and just trying to make it a boso. You know, Bozo is my new work because of you being a boso. Yes, right then what happened? Yes? So so then come to like the birthday gifts and the dog. Okay, now, your dog does not deserve a birth a birthday gift. I'm sorry, you don't even really know if that's your dog's birthday. So what what that's shady? I mean, yes, you know when a dog is born? Why not? What? Yes, you do?
Speaker 2: They have birth certificates if you boughty, especially if it was breeding.
Speaker 1: People lie what oh my god, Robin, No, they don't. You don't work out. If you didn't push the dog out your kouchie, you don't know when the dog was boor Okay, the dog garls coming for you. The dog is coming for you. Don't have dogs? Okay, speaking of dog, Okay, I have something to say about dog, but go ahead. Okay. However, no, I don't think your I don't think your brother should get your dog gifts. Yeah, I think you should tell your brother to kiss your ass period them gifts for their birthday. If you were planning on getting birthday gifts for the little ones, then do that kiss. Tell your brother. Yes, keep it moving. It's not being shady, right, it's not being a little bitch. Yeah, okay, moving on.
Speaker 2: So, so do you know that there was Okay, there's a rampant something going on in the streets that they're stealing French bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Right, So this woman, oh I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this woman who had a French bulldog and kept at this shelter that got flooded and the dog died.
Speaker 1: That's whole horrible situation.
Speaker 2: Anyway, people go funded her and she got another dog, right friendy, She walked the dog. People were tailing her as she was bringing the dog into her house.
Speaker 1: This is in DC. She was bringing her dog into her house. This guy rolled up on her and was like, give me a dog or I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: So she had to give them her dog and he runs off, actually walked off, which was terrible. Okay, this is all caught on the ring camera, so.
Speaker 1: It was on the news. There was an APB, there was an FBI investigation, there was a CSI. Now mind you, I'm I'm a black woman. Five died right to date in the streets of DC.
Speaker 2: They would not be all of that, right if I was missing, nobody would be doing an FBI investigation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: All hell broke loose about this the dog and guess what they found a dog.
Speaker 1: Dog is back. She got the dog back, Yes, had like a chip in them.
Speaker 2: It was a nine hundred dollars I don't think so it was an one hundred dollars ransom. I think it was a sting operation, okay, because everyone was involved, like Joe Biden got involved. Everybody got involved, and they found the dog. I just want the same energy.
Speaker 1: For people that are missing, okay, people two legged people that are missing.
Speaker 2: I want the same energy.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm asking. Yes, people go crazy over some dogs. And wait a minute.
Speaker 2: As they did the report last whenever I saw it on the news, the guy giving the story almost looked like he.
Speaker 1: Was about to cry.
Speaker 2: You know, journalists are like so stone faced they never have an expression. I promise you he almost cried. He was emotional, she said, And he said because I have a dog, and I mean, this just really hits home with you.
Speaker 1: What he reported about all of the drive by shooting. Yes, and it was fine with it was fine, totally fine. Then they talked about the dog and then teared up. And we have found the dog.
Speaker 2: So I want you to know that dogs matter out here. People don't dogs do?
Speaker 1: Moving on, okay, Schamrian mem sent us a question. She said, if the house was burning down and you had to choose two things to take with you, what are you taking if the house burned down? Yes, So we have a few questions, few to answer, your mama, siblings, your kids, your man, and twenty million dollars. So what too out of those five are you taking? I'm taking my kids in the money me too.
Speaker 2: One is burnt to a crisp and gladys. It's chrispy and fried. Oh my god, oh my god. Well listen listen. Were we gonna be some rich bitches with our kids?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh my god, listen listen. I okay, So you know our kids have their whole life ahead of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've lived our life. Yes, I mean, I don't want to kill my mama, but she's a good seventy seven years old.
Speaker 1: She's lived you know what I mean? The twenty mail would help me and the kids live even.
Speaker 2: More fabulously happier. Yes, yes, so sorry, I hate it for you.
Speaker 1: Right. So, when people say money doesn't buy happiness, how much do you believe in that? I don't.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let me say this, money buys comfort, Money buys money buys options, which are important to happiness.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, Yeah, but I think I feel like if you have money which gives you comfort and opportunities and access, and if you aren't happy, I think that's more of a mental thing like a like a maybe a mental illness. Youre not mental illness, but you just you mental illness. But like you have you need to get yourself worth and all that together. Yeah, that's that's to those those are two different things. I can tell you me.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I'm the same person, Okay, okay, let me say this. If I was broke, yeah, and struggling, Yeah, would I still be happy?
Speaker 1: Yes, you would be yeah, but I'd be trying to like you know, but you wouldn't be as happy as you are. I would be just as happy, but I'd be trying, yes, because for me, they don't go together. For me, But that's not everybody. See. I feel like if I was struggle, if I was broke and struggling to survive, I think it's different. So if if you're if you are, if you don't have as much money, you just have less money, but you're still comfortable, then I think the happiness can be the same. But if you are struggling to survive on a daily basis, like struggling to pay your bills, struggling to you know, put food on the table, that affects your happiness.
Speaker 2: If I was struggling to take care of my kids. That's y's that's the sad affects your happiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so. I think it's like degree So I think, like, you know, okay, if I all of a sudden had became a multi billionaire, yeah, am I that much happier? No?
Speaker 2: No, So that's why Steve Jobs was like, you can't take it with you. So either live your life now spending like all this saving saving is great, but like, enjoy your money. If you have money, enjoy it. Yes, yeah, live life. That's what just other does.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: This person right here, said terry A. Terry A said, Hi, ladies, this message is long overdue. Let me start by saying I love your podcast and listen to it weekly. However, I was disturbed by an unreasonable, shady comment you made, oh about oh maybe I shouldn't be reading this by my Baltimore homegirl, Jada Pink and Smith Robin.
Speaker 1: What kind of message? What did you say about Jada? She said, I was shocked to hear that.
Speaker 2: Robin said that she felt that Jada was emasculating Will again because she chose to write a book about her life and finally tell the world that they had been separated for six years. Do you think Will's been an innocent person in this relationship?
Speaker 1: Question Mark.
Speaker 2: After reading the book, you will see that more than anything, she continues to protect Will and doesn't say enough about what he's done in the relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why is this just directed towards Robin because I feel like Giselle had some comments as well. However, I will answer the question. Yes, I feel like I as I talked through it, I felt like I ended up on like you know what I actually feel like. No, I did not read the book, but I felt like Will was quite aware of everything she was saying. As I thought through it and talked through it, I thought I got to that, Yeah you did say that. Yeah, I had to like talk it through and I realized, like, Okay, I think they are a family unit. They have each other's back, and he's well aware of what she wrote. And I think that became really evident when we saw him on the book tour with her right in an entire family.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you know, it's so crazy. So I was on I did Breakfast Club a while ago, and Charlemagne had read the book and he said, you got to read the book and then you won't be so turned off by headlines the headline you had headlines for weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and we know, shoot, because we become a headline quite often, you know, for stuff that we might say on the podcast, and it's like okay, but if you don't listen to our podcast and you're reading a headline and you don't know our personalities and the stuff that we talk about, it's easy for someone to get offended just off of a headline because they don't know anything about the podcast. So yes, that is a similar situation where we're reading headlines of Jada. We're not really we don't have all of the context. So yeah, I mean that's that's human nature, I think, is you know what happens when you read the headlines and you just see little little blurbs and little clips, And of course that's what the media with this stuff is designed to do. The media wants that because they want us to click and be interested in stuff. So yeah, I think my perspective has probably changed on a bet Jada's book, even though I haven't read it. I do believe that they are a regardless of whatever their romantic situation is I think they are a strong family unit and they have each other's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that's But speaking of interviews that I did, I did this interview. I was talking to a man in Australia and he said, they love the podcast all that, thank you everybody in Australia. He said, do you know that Robin's an extra on in this movie?
Speaker 1: So he wab So I'm gonna preftace this.
Speaker 2: He said, Robin's name is listed as an extra in a movie that's played in Australia.
Speaker 1: Right, And I was like what. I was like, did she get a cheat? Like what happened? So he was like, ask her about it? Does she know about it? Right? So do you know about that? So soon a couple of years ago, I did an interview with an Australian reporter and they asked me the same thing and I was like, no, that's not me. So you were not in the movie? No, So why does it say Robin Dixon? I don't know. I mean a why and an ex It could be another Robin Dixon. It could be a mistake. There is another There is a Washington Post writer named Robin Dixon with ay with a why, no way, yes, I think did I talk about this? And on her Twitter bio she had to write, I've never been to Potomac.
Speaker 2: Because doesn't that suck that that's her name? I know she's probably like six of it.
Speaker 1: She can you imagine the amount of Twitter trolls that probably at her all the time. Well, it depends on what her handle is. It's just Robin Dixon. So if they type in Robin Dixon, she's hating life right now. It's like you need to send her some two hours. I know it's somebody. And then there's someone that you know when you set up like your your email account, yeah you know. Of course my first thought was to do Robin Dixon at whatever and that wasn't available. But people are always emailing that account, but they never, like I don't know, like never respond to be like, this isn't the Robin Dixon you're looking for.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, right, Okay, Well you're famous in Australia, I know, but it's not me.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I got there.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate our Australians, so fun. Yeah, that's hilarious. Okay, So this one is from Danielle and she said, hijesella Robbin, you guys are absolutely hilarious. I love listening to your podcast every Monday as I take myself to work. Such a huge fan of our h O and the p thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Question is it reasonable it is a shady that the geb that'd be the Green Eye abandons we're not included in the Dynamic Duo segment at Bravo Con this year. Question Mark, it seems as though you guys have been punished a bit because the Toddler had a cook had a complete tantum after last season's wrap. Okay, our person on our show, Okaya, Oh okay, Okay. As I read further, I say, okay anyway, ps, because we'll get to the Bravo Con question. PS, Robin, did you know you have a huge fan base on Twitter called the Robins. Yes, we stand you and the Gebs, and we're fighting for our lives every Sunday night. Loll oh that's funny, right, okay, lives. So let's get to Bravo kon. So we did the Dynamic duel last year?
Speaker 1: I don't the previous year. Yeah, so we did it in twenty twenty two, right, So we did last year? Yeah? Did they have a dynamic duels. They did Okay, they do well. I mean other it gives time for.
Speaker 2: Other dynamic duos think they're duos to shine. Yes, yes, so I wasn't mad at that.
Speaker 1: I agree. Yeah, I wasn't upset either, And I mean we were busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did other things and it's okay for us to do other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we did other things. And no, do I think we're being punished, No, now whatsoever. No. The people with a brain that make decisions and you know, have are not biased or super sensitive. They're not upset at anything. Now, who runs your robin page? So we don't have a page.
Speaker 2: It's just people, is it? Is it at the Robin's on Twitter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just hashtag the Robbins.
Speaker 1: I guess so yeah, I guess people are just like I'm on the robin.
Speaker 2: You know, or trying to figure out, Oh, G Force it's the G force or the G squad G squad I think was taken o. G squad refers to G unit. It's too close to G unit. So Giselle is the G forces a G four I think, so our Gee squad feel like it should be like jeez, like okay, well we're still we're still working on me. How about oh, okay, how about the jizzies.
Speaker 1: The jizzies. Yes, I like that, the jizzies. Okay, I like the Jizyes, be cheesy Robins like and it's so funny of that I came about listen very close to take something I do like. See any Ladams anywhere? Do we even see it?
Speaker 2: In Bloomy Dale's moving on, moving on and moving on. Don't want to get I think I love my Okay, we love the Robbins. We do, all right, we have We have a couple more questions, I mean commentary.
Speaker 1: While you're while you're gathering your things, we gotta give another shout out. Okay, Gesellen Robin aka the Green Eye Band. It's a k A. The reason we watch r H O P Whoop whoop for your biggest gay fans in the world. Will you please shout us out on reasonably shape y. Yes. My name is Jonathan, and I just proposed to my man of over seven years, Kleb, And he said, yes, I know this is a cameo and I'm not paying you two to do this now he did not, But if you acknowledge our love on your show. It would mean everything to us, and you two are our favorites. An extreme added bonus would be for you to feature our homophobic, homophobic families who do not support our marriage as your shady moment of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we can say that, y'all should definitely support their marriage being any way too much?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Jonathan and Caleb, congratulations to you. We are so happy for you. We wish you years and years and years of love and friendship and understanding. And I'm sorry about your homophobic families, but they will come around atually because you guys are amazing people. Yes, and why are you being homophobic? I don't even get it, Like, what's that? What's that do to you? Yes? Yes, anyway, all right?
Speaker 2: This this is from Kiaren Karen or Karen ka An, Kieren Kieran. Yeah, Hi, Gisella and Robin. I hope you both are well and living your best lives. I wanted to say I love you. This show makes my Monday mornings betta. It makes my can meet to work bearable. After listening to both of you, I'm ready to teach the youth of America. I know that's a job I was re listening to episode one oh four. I hate when people do that because I'm like, what is that? What was episode one oh four?
Speaker 1: Like? What was that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I love the idea of having a dating person on the show. My ex and I broke up at the beginning of the pandemic and it's been hard to find someone who I vibe with. I meet guys, but there are slim pickens out there. It also doesn't help that I'm a teacher and I'm so tired after work and on the weekends. Any advice from you on dating would be greatly appreciated. Also, would you guys also consider doing a live dating event in the DMV area.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun. Yeah, I like that idea. Something where people can meet people, have a panel with both of you and a dating expert where we can ask questions, and then have speed dating and our games where we can meet people. Just an idea. That's an awesome idea. I really like that idea. I like that idea. I am. My only concern is will we be able to get enough straight men like we have? You know, we have some straight men that are that watched the show and listen to reasonably shady but what we will we would we be able to get enough single straight men to.
Speaker 2: Come, Well, they can meet each other. Let's say we get we get a bunch of gay men, they can meet each other.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we could do. Oh, we could definitely have a dating night for gay men. Okay, see, I'm just saying, if this is a if Kieran Kieren, if Kieren is a woman, yes, okay. First of all, Kieren, you spell your name two different ways. You did well well one in in the actual You might not know this. I think there's a typo in your email address. We're gonna let her figure that out. Yes, because your email address is k I r A N. Yes, and when you signed your name k i E r A N. Yeah. All right. Anyway, so if Karen is a straight woman looking for it to me a straight man, then we need a different dating situation. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: So okay, we're gonna work on that twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: But I like that idea. I love it. Twenty twenty four, it's really coming. And maybe in the meantime, Yes, we should get a dating expert on the show, just to give people some ideas. Have we done that before, No, we have not. We haven't, but we talked about it. We said we wanted to do it because people write in about, you know, their their dating stuff. Okay, I mean I really think though I don't know if you've tried it yet, but I hear that these apps work for they do, they do? Yes, I heard. I hear so many good stories people finding you know, their spout, their future spouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have to be careful. I would always say, be careful and like on your first date, I just want you to have like somebody as a lookout, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Use people are here a creepy Oh wait a minute.
Speaker 2: It was some restaurant that was a fake account on a dating site. So let's say it was Applebee's. Apple Bee's don't come for me, but let's just say it was apple Bee's had a fake person on a dating site and was hooking up with women. And then you say, okay, we're going to meet at apple Bee's at seven o'clock. They would go and they would quote get stood up, but they would stay and eat what And it was kind of like their way of drumming in more business, I promise you. Because the woman talked about it on TikTok. The woman that happened, she was like, you know, I got stood up. I was at this restaurant and like the guy didn't come whatever. And this other one was like, wait a minute, that sounds so familiar.
Speaker 1: Happened to me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a fence stock or not. I don't want to say a fence to but like a fake account dating app getting women to come so that they could meet their monthly food quota. That a's the restaurant crazy, insane, smart though it's insane.
Speaker 1: It's smart, but it's like damn, like who has time? I mean, how many people are they doing that too to meet their monthly quota? Any and everybody, any and everybody who would fall for it. But it's it's messed up for the women because they're like I got stood up? Ye? Who wants to get stood up? Right? That makes them sad? Ye? Yes?
Speaker 2: Apple Bee's okay. I don't know if it's well we need right, but how crazy is that? So I'm just saying, with the whole dating app thing, do it to just be careful and mindful.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, wait a minute, I want for you, Robin. This is Hello.
Speaker 2: This is from Marjorie. I saw you both at Bravo Khan. I took a selfie with Robin on the merch floor and.
Speaker 1: She was super nice. Hey, Marjorie, thank you.
Speaker 2: I might have actually taken two sel Okay, we know how y'all do we know you probably took four?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was super bummed that you ladies didn't have a booth at with reasonably shady merch for sale. I was looking forward to it. Please have some merch for sale next year. I love r HP in your podcast.
Speaker 1: Robin. Okay, so we had a meeting.
Speaker 2: We had a reasonably shady meeting and okay, the meeting was me and Robin, and so we talked about whether or not we should have a booth at Brava Khan this year. Yes, since it was in Vegas, we're feeling like, uh, it's a lot to like get the merch there.
Speaker 1: We had to work the booth.
Speaker 2: We have like we have exhausting schedules when we're there, and to work the booth would have been kind of like a lot. Yes, but I said, Robin, we should do it.
Speaker 1: No you No, you did not, Fine, I didn't. You were like, I agree. In the conversation meeting adjourned. Yes, I know, but I do feel like was it was it a miss? Should we have done it? I will be honest. I okay, So I've been to two Brivo cons. The one in New York where we had a merchandise booth. It was overwhelming for me, it was, and so I really just wanted to go to this Bravo Con in Vegas and just do just Brivo Con. Like I didn't want the extra stress or responsibility of the merchandise booth, I understand. So for me, I felt extremely stressed free at BRABOCN this year. Yeah. Now I think maybe next year we can or whatever, whenever the next Bravo Con is, we can consider it and talk about it and figure out, well, let's let's figure out where it is. But I was just happy to experience Bribo Con without that, without without that added stress of the merchandise on top, because I am like pretty involved with it. Like in New York, I loaded up my car and drove it up and unloaded it and was, you know, doing all that type of stuff. So like I just didn't want to have to do all that and be responsible for anything.
Speaker 2: There's that and and getting into Vegas is a lot, right, but we we will figure it out. So do we have merch up on our site? Robin is over merch guys, So if y'all want to come for somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here going through these emails and I keep passing the ones that are like, where is the merch started? We have nothing on the back? Okay? Do we we do have stuff? We have We have mugs, Yes, we have paddles, we have hats, Yeah, we have some. Do we have hoodies on there? So we just don't have time. We have some, but it's not like the full size. We don't have the popular sizes. Okay, so we probably have like extra smalls. So yeah, so we're like low on hoodies. I still need to I just have we got to take picture and you haven't put the the blue ones up, okay, so yeah, and then I just I'm sorry, y'all, I've been slacking. We probably won't have I'm gonna put that. I'm gonna ad the blue ones, thank you, but I'm not we won't have a restock of the other stuff before Christmas.
Speaker 2: Before Christmas, okay, but can you just put the blue ones up? Even if you don't take a picture with you in it, just true, take a picture of it. Yes, okay, yes, thank you, Robin Dixon. Yay, whoo okay, you know it's hot out here.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yay.
Speaker 2: And twenty twenty four we'll have we'll have merch on a rec consistent basis. Sure that's what we're telling the people, Yeah, Robert says.
Speaker 1: Sure. Y'all right, Robin, let her know. Come at her comments, come for her in her comments. Where is the merch? Woo oe? Okay, y'all, that's our show.
Speaker 2: No it's not, and get your gna merch. And oh no, I have a question for you in the show.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you. What's your guilty pleasure? Have we done that question before? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Guilty pleasures change, Okay, they change. Okay, we've already talked about you in the Blunts and your gummies. So that's you can't say that it's cannot be drug related.
Speaker 1: No, okay, guilty pleasure honestly, like a good gossip session with my friends is a guilty pleasure?
Speaker 2: Yes, a good tea session, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that. No tea time, yes, yes that No, that is good that's I like that. Yeah, I look forward to our daily guilty pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so Rob and I of course have tea time all the time, but I do like who do you like having like tea time with? Like like Ashley's a good tea spiller. Oh, yes, Ashley's a good key key and a t speller. So is Karen when she's in a good mood.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you gotta get her in the good mood. Yeah, you gotta getr in the good.
Speaker 2: Now, let me tell you who's a sniper with tea time.
Speaker 1: Okayes oh, because.
Speaker 2: You'll be sitting with Charisa and y'all be eating for like twenty five minutes and then she and then she drops a bomb on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you tell me that I've been sitting here for forty five minutes? Yes, Charise has all of the tea and everybody anywhere, It's so crazy. Anytime go to any city, she got the tea.
Speaker 2: She has the te but she does she she spills it like haphazardly, right like it's like no big deal, right like normally if we have tea, we're like spilling it immediately.
Speaker 1: The girl, Let me tell you what blah blah.
Speaker 2: Like Charise waits, she's comfortable, she has like four champagne glasses.
Speaker 1: She spills the tea and she'll be like, you know, he was indicted for five counts of fraud. We're like, what are you like? You know he's slapt with the nanny and like what And then they got married, Oh my god, and then the wife was up became what came out as a lesbian. I should just kick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just keeps going and going, so so we're gonna ask for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Charise works on her tea time okay right when she hears it, like her next thoughts should be like let me call Rabin and yes yeah, or don't.
Speaker 2: Even wait to see you now, or when we get together, don't be like like should we sometimes like waits for everyone else at the table, spill the tea.
Speaker 1: Then she like gives us all the bombs.
Speaker 2: No, you start the tea, Yes, yes, yes, yes, so there's that and that is our show. We love you guys so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or shady or both by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady