Speaker 1: Welcome in friends too. Leading off right here on Fantasy Pros, I am the Welsh. That is the Casey Bubba, and hello to all of you, all of you peanuts and cracker Jacks, playoff, run, prep time, madness around baseball divisionally and more. We are ready to get into all of it. Bubba is a company man. Now, look at that hat, Bubba, look at it. Look at that nice old Fantasy Pros hat.
Speaker 2: Yep. You know I've got to support the cause. Once they let me hang around here long enough, you know, I might as well throw on some swag and be a company man.
Speaker 1: I like you, I'm ready to get into all the stuff in the things. I had a late night, by the way, and we'll kind of start with that. A late night because I did a CBS hit which was like one or one AM Eastern, and one of the pieces about it was about what's going on in the NL West, and it's like NL West madness right now, so I want to make sure to cover a little bit of that. Last night, Dodgers lose to the Orioles. Jack Flaherty allows three earned runs over six innings, looked okay, and Baltimore was able to take a win where they've got Corbin Burns going up today. Brandon Fought allows eight earned runs, gets obliterated six or was eight runs six were earned, four and two thirds of an inning. Looks bad. Started off the game, he did the sandwich thing where he gave up like the homer and the first inning or whatever to pee Alonzo and then he was like three clean and then he just got obliterated into the fourth inning. He looked like crap, while San Diego pulls it out, which also pulled me out some bets here they were. They had two different opportunities of losing. They end up, you know, Jackson Merril does his business many Machado looks incredible and they pull this out. We have apps either with pandemonium in the NL West where this isn't the Dodgers Bubba up by you know, eight games or anything like this. There's a two and a half or three game differential between the Padres, Dodgers and the Diamondbacks right now, and all of these guys are just floating, and I'm curious, what do you think the difference is going to be? What's going to be the deciding factor in this division? Like is it you know, someone's got to keep pace with the starting pitchers, bullpen offense, and how do you think it's going to finish out?
Speaker 2: Well, you got a Padres team whose offense is playing well. They might get Tatis back middle of September. You have their rotation, might get you Darbish back in a week or two. And they made all those straits to sure up their bullpen, which is what you want to do in the postseason. D Backs offense is one of the best in baseball. Dodgers pitching staffs and shambles boohoo. So's it's pretty fun watching this division, and I think all three make the dance one way or another. But it's getting really fun thing. And the Padres are back in this The Diamondbacks we thought were lost for dead. You obviously follow them closely, and now they're looking like that World Series contender all of a sudden. Here it's a fun one. And I think the biggest difference is San Diego's got the edge and getting you Darvish back. They just got Joe Muskrow back, and they have an elite bullpen back into the bullpen. That might be huge for them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I also think it's the reinforcements because I was looking at this so in all the study, here are the crazy thing. So the Dodgers have the best ra I believe, or was it you know it was bullpen bullpen era in this division. Diamondbacks have the worst in this division. Dodgers are also the best representation of actual starter era and runs scored per game. Diamondbacks are one of the words. I don't know. I think it's trending in a weird direction. And they have the reinforcements Dodgers. You know, They've still got Yamamoto. Yamamoto looks like I believe he's going to be throwing today or no, Well, he.
Speaker 2: Still has to throw at least three more rehab starts. They say they want two to three rehab starts. He hasn't even his first one, so I think it's like a mid September and I think they just one him for the postseason. So I don't know how much of a reinforcement he'll be well, but I.
Speaker 1: Think that's also like a reinforcement for the playoffs. And then you've got Tatisa in theory coming back, Darvish finally kind of getting I think he was just throwing the other. I mean, so it's like you gotta have all this while the Diamondbacks are kind of faltering. Brandon Fott, you know, for all of my wrong doesn't look good, did not look good. And then Jordan Montgomery ends up going you know, well, no, he's been garbage. But then he comes in and.
Speaker 2: Release that that was a horrible managerial decision though I had a full time starter bringing him in the middle of an inning. That is like just foolish stuff. Bring a like bring a bottom end reliever into finishing and then bring Joe Moo in to start the next inning. Don't bring him in all that. That's a mess.
Speaker 1: Why you guys are killing me in the chat? I is this the first time I've worn a backwards hat on the show this season? No, I wear it all the time. Everyone's like, what's the Welsh meter? Matt's like, Welsh looks like he's ready to talk.
Speaker 2: Yes, best bros. Thing, Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: What's so funny about that. The other thing I was up late with was I was I was watching I was watching a DFS, a football DFS stream last night, or my buddy d bro and Justin Steele, who will talk about here in a little bit. They were doing a thing my buddy Justin Steele, and they all had backwards hats, and I was just it was making me laugh and I almost text him I was gonna say, Colin Cowhard would be very upset with this broadcast right now with all these backward hats. So it's just you guys are making me laugh with it. But I know it's not necessarily fantasy relevant, but I think the inconsistencies of the division are really really interesting right now. And I guess the only thing I would add to it is like I kind of think the Diamondbacks might be on the wrong side of this may. Yeah, they're all locked in right at this moment for you know, for a playoff run, and the Diamondbacks have been the hottest offensive team. But I don't know, man, I think the I think the Padres are on the positive trend, the Dodgers are not going to falter too much, and the Diamondbacks have the worst combination. I mean, they have one of the six worst era in baseball overall. For I think it's just the overall staff, not just the starting pitchers. And their bullpen stinks too, So I don't know, it was just in my mind, But Brandon fought. He stinks, and I'm not really sure is even a trustable, viable option maybe against me.
Speaker 2: He's been pretty good this year.
Speaker 1: He's been fine, He's got an over four ERA and everything. Right now, I just don't know. At this point, I think he's wearing down a little bit. I'm not sure I trust him in good matchups and like really really good matchups. Nor do I trust any of the Diamondbacks. So that's the other thing. They all stink Meryl Kelly Garbage. He's at best a streamer right now. Gallon underperforms Edwardo's Okay, Ryan Nelson had to replace Jorian Montgomery because he's one of the worst pitchers in baseball. So you know, what do you say here? One of the best players in baseball. We're going to talk about here in just a second. I want to remind two things. Well, one of them is that if you guys have any questions, put them in the chat. I wrote this in the chat. We're gonna answer a few of your guys's questions here after the opening headline segment. Just a get you guys, Prepp, you know, for your playoffs, everything like that, And then I completely forget what the oh I have like a fun little announcement in here, in just a tiny bit, which we've already kind of alluded to in some people. No, Jared Duran he went two for four with a solo homer on Tuesday. He'sit in two ninety four, three, fifty four, five, twenty eight, now has twenty homers, thirty two stolen bases. And this was put out there, Bubba. He has joined the twenty thirty club, which currently only includes Jose Ramirez, Lie de la Cruz and shohe O Tani. Is Jared Durana first round pick next year?
Speaker 2: Not yet. He went second round in our early draft, like third or fourth pick in the second round, so he's close close. It's like they went nineteenth or twentieth overall. But I'm not there just yet. With Jared Duran, I think there's still so many talented players in the front half. But like he'd have to replace Julio Rodriguez or for anftute East junior. Is that happening? I don't know, So I don't know, Like I get it, twenty thirty is amazing, twenty thirty, but would you rather you know you got DuRane Churio, you got Duran, Corbyn, Carrol, you got Duran, Like, there's a lot of these questions to be had.
Speaker 1: I was looking at I think it was your guys' board. Someone shared it last night. It had to have been you guys are like, you guys are the only Indo.
Speaker 2: Meet me and bloom We did a recap show in the last night, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and yeah it must It might have been Bloomfield's board that I saw that was on there and Corbyn went like sixteen or fifteen.
Speaker 2: He picks ahead of Duran.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Like, I don't know if that's right. Like you loved it. Corbyn hit a homer last night. You love to see the power go on. He has a legit shot to put up twenty this year, which is insane. There's what do you have, like three through June or some crap like that. So he's a legit shot to go twenty. The stolen bases have completely gone by the wayside. He can't hit for average. Jaron Duran also has one hundred runs by the way, so it's like Jaron Duran is putting up first round numbers. I just don't know if he doesn't belong in the conversation. You say, Julio Rodriguez, should he go over Julio maybe, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not opposed. I'm just saying, there's like a glob kind of at the back of the first early second where you could make arguments pros and cons for almost all of them. And yeah, I understand, I understand the Duran love. I just don't think it'll happen, is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll it'll get there, Lee asked Gunner or Durana Gunner.
Speaker 2: Gunner was the fourth pick in this draft, and that was pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Gunner's still the guy. But it's just kind of an incredible run that he continues to keep going on and the numbers are insane. Another great run for a guy that'll be second or third round Jackson Serio has not slowed down. Hit a two run homer, also a stolen base when the Brewers loss here, and this is another one of those guys that's like, you know, it's funny, it beats I don't know if you're implying this like shout out to the glob. There's actually a glob I think of great hitters. Yes, this year between probably the mid second round to the third run, I should say next year, and there's going to be this glob and it's going to be the like Carrol's and the Duran and then to lower degrees, it's going to be the Churios and the James Wood, maryl and Jackson Merrill's. Yeah, all those guys are going to be in there. But anything on Cheerio right now.
Speaker 2: All I got to say is I was watching that game. Churio took out the top left corner of the scoreboard with that home run. It was like four hundred and sixty four feet off the logan web. And then he played great deep, like the kid is so good and he's only twenty, Like it's unreal.
Speaker 1: Some pitching stuff out there. Jeffrey Springs tossed five shutout innings in a no decision. He ended up giving up one hit, walk too, struck out nine. And I really also put this on here to say, like, dude, he looks like he is back into his vintage self. And that's another one of those guys that I do think he's going to as the offseason goes on, he will start creeping up and up. But I don't know if initial ranks are going to be appropriate on where he really should be, because if you remember, Jeffrey Springs was like what Top twenty twenty five sp like in the in the hay, he's going to break out and then he got hurt. Maybe he's around that vicinity. But I love what we're seeing out of Jeffrey Springs right now, and I just think, you know, it's back to vintage and this is what you want. Also because he's not he's not a big power thrower, you know what I mean. Like, he's a guy that really works off of that change up and then he's already got that back. It's a huge sign for next year, and it's a great sign for the rest of this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, it's great for the rest of this year. Downside, he's only gonna throw seventy nine to eighty pitches. It looks like every start, so this year is going to be limited, but great going in the next season. Look like he's healthy and should be back in that top twenty twenty five discussion for sure.
Speaker 1: I will give you one that I am immensely, immensely impressed with, and I sat down. You know how this goes sometimes we're just like we're all over the place with games, and you know where your focus can be on certain players. I don't know if I had sat down and like give complete focus to Spencer Schwellenbach in a game, like you know what I'm saying, like where you actually sit down here, Like I'm gonna watch every pitch and I'm gonna go seeing an innying go over. You know, I don't actually clicking. Isn't that funny? That was our change?
Speaker 2: I saw you show your age. You just totally age yourself there.
Speaker 1: I don't click anything anymore except my mouth. It would just be like click click, click to change over.
Speaker 2: Keep talking about clicks. Let's have some fun with this.
Speaker 1: And but like I'll watch like an inning or something like that. But I watched the whole thing, and Spencer Schwellenbach has definitely taken another step up. And I know everybody you know is paid attention really knows that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He ended up striking out eight. I took his strikeout total over yesterday. But that combination of the high nineties, four seing fastball, the cutter that he can even slide a bit, the splitter which has got double action, he'll throw it high he'll throw it, like the changeup and the curveball. I think I'm going to be wildly high on Spincer swelling Bach next year in Dynasty. I want to buy him right now, no matter what happens. If it gets blown you know what, get blown up in one start, give me a discount. I want to buy him in Dynasty. I'm moving him way up in my Dynasty ranks. And this is one of those dudes like I think he could be a top twenty five sp next season, like out the Gates, bubb. I might be I might be going a little bit too nuts about it, but I love the repertoire. I love the fastball, like the confidence, massive strikeouts in there. I think I'm gonna be one of the high high guys on Swallenbach. I don't know where he went in that ten round, if he went, but I legit think like this, this is gonna be a He's gonna be one of my huge breakout guys for next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is a tenth rounder, and it's a it's a fun conversation because I'm with you. I think he's legit. I think he's gonna be very very good. Could take a step forward. He feels like a good SP two SP three in fantasy right now. I don't think he's the ace yet of course in that tier, but could be very very good, and he'll be like the SP three or four in Atlanta, which bodes phenomenally well in that question. So I think he's legit. I'm with you, and I was very bullish out the gate because minor league numbers look like a lot of pitch to contact, which scares me at the big league level. And he has continued to improve, as you said, and the strikeouts have been amazing. So I'm a big fan as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, And like, I'm agreeing with you, but I wasn't, like I'm fully admitting, like, I wasn't like, oh.
Speaker 2: Love, I was out of him. I told people not to pick him up. Oh came up. That's what I'm saying. I was not on board because he was a minor league wise with like a pitch to contact guy, and I didn't want anything to do with that. He's he's completely he's completely changed his how he pitches. Basically, it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, That's where I'm at. I mean, he's a two way player too. The guy was a shortstop, but I think he's a bulldog out there. I think his stuff is disgusting and nasty, and he's going to get better into the offseason. He's just using to be one of my favorite players. Also a fun note, I think a lot of people saw this, but the Schwellenbach versus Simeon Woods Richardson was the longest last name pitcher versus pitcher matchup in MLB history. And then I think they said, like when you added in the first name, it was like forty characters between the two or just some nonsense. But Schwellenbach versus Richardson, your biggest name, is ridiculous. I actually love those guys with those crazy names too. There's a guy on the Rangers who's in the minor leagues. I think it was like the longest name in history, Like no joke. It was like it was like a horseshoe, like it literally went up and it went all the way down under the number. The name was so long. Und I love Schia. That's a really good one. ONEO Cruz. I just want to point this out. He's batting third today, I think, playing at this moment, but more importantly, he is finally in the outfield. He had been dhing the last couple of days. He is starting in center field. That's the new transition for him. I also want to point out I did this I think on it TL but like ONEO Cruz, if you don't pay attention to him, is really really good. And he's not beating the expectation of the big homers because because here's the deal, everyone was like, he's just not going to hit for average. The dude, I think is hitting at a two seventy marker. Yes, yesterday he hit a double. And what I was telling Boggs was what I think is so trippy is if you if I would have told you, I'll tell you ask you this right now, I would have told you, hey, he's going to hit two sixty five next season. If I would have told you that in March, what would you have said? That stat line is going to look like If Oneal Cruz is hitting over to sixty.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he's a thirty vertical. I think it's the thirty thirty guy pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told Boggs, I was like, I probably hit forty homers. So I think the disappointment has come from he actually hasn't tapped into the pot. He's you know, barreling. He's hitting hard, he's just not getting the ball I guess enough in the air. But like he's hitting for great average. He I think he just he stole a third base yesterday. So he's going to be a twenty twenty guy. Probably not going to be a twenty five to twenty five, but with a good batting average. I don't know. I felt like people were very indifferent about oneo Cruiz. I think he's way better than anyone's giving him credit for.
Speaker 2: So he's been great.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: The production's awesome. Part of it it's hurting him is in the preseason everyone did the lazy Ellie Daily Cruiz versus O'Neil Cruz discussion, and Ellie's just been off the chart. O'Neil's been banged up a little bit, so it's kind of overshadowed him. But yeah, so Neil's been very, very good. The mood of the outfield could be fun too, So I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would talked about that, but I also said, like I thought they were different. Ellie was going to steal bases, O'Neill's going to hit homers. I'm just I'm a little surprised that where the home run rate has been, but he just hasn't been getting the ball in the air at time. He absolutely crushes it. But once he learns to get the ball in the air with that batting average, it's going to go. And I think that outfield eligibility all but helps. Next year, you're gonna be able to put him the middle infield and you're going to be able to put him in the outfield.
Speaker 2: That's huge. It gonna be the jazzy jazz of the world. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he does get hurt a little bit. And then finally in this and we'll answer some questions, my boy Justin Steel allowed two and runs of five innings, struck out six, was able to get the win. And I'm actually more posting this because this is going to be super cool because they mentioned it last night on a stream on for you guys, it'll be Friday, We're gonna be doing a show with Justin Steele, myself, Derek Brown, Justin Cubbs, Ace, Justin Steele, and Fantasy Guru Drew. It's gonna be a football thing. But we're gonna be doing a live mock draft live like, we're gonna be doing it, and it's gonna be up on the YouTube Fantasy Pros YouTube channel, which is gonna be super cool. And we're gonna be filling that mock draft on our discord, so another cool perk Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. We're gonna be hanging out with Justin Steele, so he's striking out dudes and gonna be draft and rosters. He's a DFS guy. They were doing mad DFS rosters by the way, Bubba. He said he's got like a forty best ball share on Trade McBride big tight end guy too.
Speaker 2: Hey, and two for two with Trey McBride chairs in my fantasy league. So I'm pretty fun that. Hey, I've always loved Justin Steele. Now it's making sense.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, nice, Yeah, there you go, so all right, yeah, but Justin Steele Welsh Justin Steele x Welsh to Well, we're recording it tomorrow, but it'll be on the YouTube channel, So I think that'll be pretty fun. Probably won't talk a lot of baseball, but maybe we'll do a little bit all right, let's answer some questions. We'll burn through pistol looking for saves. Jorge Lopez or Podge.
Speaker 2: It's a coin toss. Looks like it's like, I like Podge better, but they're both getting their fair share.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Podge is fine by me. Matt says, Big Christmas or Jock for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the week. It's it's Christmas in August everybody. I like Jock, but Joan Kinzie's been playing lefties of course half the righty's and just been beasting out right.
Speaker 1: Now, Dude, I mentioned this in i TL two. If you look at big Christmases like overall or underlying numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be the dude, he might be like.
Speaker 1: What Naylor was like two years ago. Because it's like nineteen percent barrel rate over fifty percent hard hit rate. He gets the ball in the air almost like a twenty degree launch angle. He just needs to striking out.
Speaker 2: And that's improving. He might that's improving too. He's getting better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he might be a huge breakout for next year.
Speaker 2: Who did you say for this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go in the well. I think they're giving him regular playing time. Jock is still you know, he's pure platoon. He's a pretty good, pretty damn good platoon.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awesome. Yeah, in a daily league, probably played Jock. But I'll take John Kinsey for the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't like to play him A big Christmas Christmas. I think I've told this Big Christmas. He's one of the I've It's one of the furthest balls I've ever seen hit in the backfields. It is at the Rangers Stadium, and the Rangers it goes like, here's the field, and then they're like, right, here's the facility, Like right behind the center field wall is their their workout area, and then there's this big net and everything like that, and then there's a parking lot to the left. He didn't hit I'm sorry he didn't hit the homer, but he hit it so far it went over where the netting was. It went past the building and went into the parking lot and bounced over to the royal side. And I know I'm not I'm trying to like give you guys the audio version of that. It was stupid. It was one of the guy's That guy's power is like five hundred home run five hundred feet home run type of power. But I think you know that. Michael Impo says he's Ulio droppable in a ten team.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's out of the question of possibilities. Because there's a ten team lead, the waiver wires should be pretty plush with options to string link the week. I can move on from Julio right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to look at his numbers over this last recent time. I think these questions should it's bad? Is it really that bad?
Speaker 2: I mean that team and it's the rest and replacement level of talent.
Speaker 1: I was looking at this team. It's crazy. They have the number one I mean, I think you guys know this. They have the number one ERA in baseball. They also I think had like a top ten bullpen ERA, and they I believe are like the actual worst as far as runs scored per game. There are their bottom three in run score. I mean, it is literally the polar opposites. How you have the maybe the best rotation in all of baseball and you can't put it together with Julio, and you know you you go out and get Randy or Rose Arena. He is hitting man one sixty seven in August right now, he had a two sixty seven pre All Star Break average. He's down to one fifty six in the second half. I mean, this is the type of year in redraft. You could do it if there's like a cool alternative that was sitting out there. Yeah, sure, one of the you know, one of those dudes that we've been talking about that were like, hey, he shouldn't be available, you know, like how like Tyler Fitzgerald has been. Dude, I got one for you. Would you rather Julio or Jake McCarthy.
Speaker 2: I'll think Jake McCarthy right now, easy, I.
Speaker 1: Think yeah, I think it's I think it is Jake. All right, let's see what else we got here. JJ said that Texas Chicago is Are they replaying their game today? You know I would love to know too, because I had a little parlay bet yesterday for the Padres to win, which they did, and for Texas and Chicago to have a nurfe and it got suspended and it's still they didn't like cash me out. They were just like holding it. They're holding it hostage for I don't know what the hell. I don't know what is going on with that game. It's restarting to see it on the schedule today.
Speaker 2: It's restarting today and then so it's basically a double header since they only through four pitches, but they're going to play that game and then start the second one right afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to see it.
Speaker 2: I needed it was it was a It wasn't a I guess it was a suspended game, not a postponed game.
Speaker 1: What's the difference.
Speaker 2: Suspended means they're going to pick up where they left off. Postponed, he'd start over there. Four bitch, Garrett Crochet, the White Sox. White Sox to this so bad. They threw Crochet, who doesn't even throw more than four ratings. He has two starts to speak, through four pitches. We probably lost him for the rest of the week. It's that's the White Sox going full White Sox.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's actually criminal because I bet that because I wanted Crochet versus h what was it Ivaldi Orhini or whatever it is. And now and now I'm gonna get you know, Dane Dunning versus h Whoeverow.
Speaker 2: You'll still get Heini, but she'll get whoever the White Sox through out there, which doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's really stupid. By the way, all right, let's even get to a couple more here. Amaya or o'happy. Rest of season, Amaya has been one of the hottest catchers on the wire right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maya's on fire. I guess if it's a shallow league, go a Maya. If it's deeper, I'd still stick with o'happy just because I he's the overall better player. But Omaya's been on fire. So if you want to play the hot hand for the last four weeks the season, go for it.
Speaker 1: If you were desperate, I would. I would go o'happy like in a vacuum. But I'm fine with Amya because he's been like really hot. This is an interesting one. We're gonna talk about Beato in a little bit. Would you stream Beato or Arraghetti today? I'm down with both. I mean, Aragedtty's scary. He's scary because he's going up against Philly, But dude has had a second half three and a half the RA so he's been a monster and a strikeout guy. Beto's been decent. I'd probably stream both. Just know what you're getting into. There's blow up potentials. Beato's going up against the Red America. Yeah, yeah, I mean that's a little bit scary. Edy the Philly is scared. I don't know. I guess it depends on your situation. I think they are both. Stream of bull pictures is a better way to put.
Speaker 2: It, deeper formats both in play beto better next week. Two steps. I'll take Erraghedtty today though. Philadelphia is a good offense. But overall, the last thirty days have taken a big step back for Sreddy's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, And then Jack said, what's up boys, McCarthy or Jazz. Let's assume it's McCarthy redraft this year.
Speaker 2: McCarthy. Really, I'm guessing it's the rest of seasons. What I'm guessing Jazz I don't think is fully healthy. He hasn't looked the same since he came back, So give me McCarthy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Jazz on that one. But like, I get it, I get it, all right? Was there any others that we wanted to hit? Look at us? Oh? Can we trust Burns against the Dodgers today?
Speaker 2: I'd prefer other options If you haven't.
Speaker 1: I mean, but like when you when you roster Corvin Burns, Like, what else is it that you like? That's your guy, that's your number one.
Speaker 2: I don't like you're asking that question. You can't afford it is the way other guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're big man. You can't afford a big man. I uh, I probably still put him out there for being honest. If I am hugging ratios, though, I would yeah, yeah, then I would also probably avoid all right, good questions, get you guys prepped into this week for whatever the hell you're doing trying to get into the playoffs or that you are actually there. Let's go over to a little three up and three down. Zeki Tovar three for four, two homers for RBI yesterday. Dude, I don't have to make of him next year because like he was one of the worst plate presents in baseball, the way he just whiffs through in the strikeouts. I just I don't know, I'm not I don't know about it. But like then he puts off these performances to homers for RBI. Where did he go in the top ten rounds of your guys' thing?
Speaker 2: Let me check. Let me give me one second here, because that name does not stand out.
Speaker 1: So I don't think I bet he didn't know, because that would have been like the top one twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no he did not. Oh Tivar did. Tivar did. Tvar did because he went like round eight or nine. Okay, so there's eight short stops taken in the first three rounds. So then and then there was a four or five more the rest of the draft.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. That's very interesting. By the way, another one, Matt Hers trustable versus the Cubs revenge narrative.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, dj Hurs has been awesome. The underlying metrics are phenomenal. He's a guy I want everywhere next year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Strikeouts, baby, Victor Roblast two for four with two stolen bases. He's been about the life of the Mariners offense as of recent and Logan Gilbert speaking of six innings ten strikeouts gets them in the position every single time. That team is absolutely wild. They might have as well. It's perceivable that they are gonna have five pitchers that are going to go in the top ten rounds next season. Because I saw on your guys' draft Brian Wu went there. Brian Wu is gonna be a huge breakout candidate for next season if he can stay healthy. You got Bryce Miller, Logan Gilbert Kirby and Castillo. You're gonna have four. Do you think there's ever been an entire rotation five pitchers in the first ten rounds?
Speaker 2: No way, No way, And it's gonna happen all draft season. Barn and injury like they're that good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I'm gonna be in on them. Whooh. On the down, Rotary Munez Garbage one and one third of an inning, six earned runs. Crap, Jared Jones back four earned he had five, say, four innings, five earned runs, he walked three. Just doesn't look like that Jared Jones from the beginning of the year where he was just pounding these power fastballs up and no one could get it. It's kind of hittable, yep, kind of hitable right now.
Speaker 2: About it's not good. Things looked really good early on, and yeah, I'm with you, it's not good. And I don't even trust starting these days, so it's tough.
Speaker 1: Look at Walkee too. By the way, Burns is undroppable in your ESPN league. Come on, walk, we know what the issue that is. ESPN League. What are we doing? Also on the down, Taylor Walls zero for four with four strikeouts. On the injury market. There are some Diamondback updates. I guess I was talking about all the reinforcements that the other teams in the NL West are going to get. The Diamondbacks are going to get some reinforcements from the IL here shortly, I suppose, Unfortunately, it won't be in their rotation. Ktel Marte has resumed hitting, which is a great sign. The Diamondbacks definitely need him back. Also, Christian Walker took batting practice on Tuesday, So both of those coming back. That will give a new jolt for the Diamonbacks. Plus, I need the Diamondbacks to pick up ten wins to the rest of the year to cash my over on their hold.
Speaker 2: I like those chances a lot.
Speaker 1: Hitting pretty there, i'veel decent about it. But like I said, I've got I got a couple of these bets right now where my Ellie one is locked. My Ellie stolen base lead the league. We're good, We're good on Ellie. But I've got the Diamondback win total. I've got Jackson Merril Rookie of the Year, and then I got I have on No Cruz over twenty four and a half homer, So I need seven homers from now to the end of the year, and I don't feel great about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Jackson Merrill like three out of four on those, that's going to pay pretty nice. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, No, we're gonna have some We're going a good cash day on some of the future betting. So we'll do some more next season. But we need those enforcements and fantasy reinforcements for Christian Walker and could tell Marte coming back. Another interesting one that happened in your guys' draft. I was actually shocked at how high he did go. Jacob de Gram fired two perfect innings on Tuesday in the minor league rehab assignment trip a round Rock. So he is looking like, you know, they're positioning him to get maybe two starts to end the season something like that. I think that's what they're looking for. And I believe he went in the third round. So if you have him, I think I'm relatively comfortable just throwing him right back out there. Whatever you know he's going to do for this season. If you want that little boost for fantasy next season, you're getting really almost no discount. Because this version of de Grom, which shouldn't get anything crazy. Is already going in the third round of your guys' draft you did, which you know in like like more consumer type drafts, then maybe that's like the fourth or fifth, But that also shows you he's going to creep up. So even if he's a fifth round guy, by the end of the preseason or the spring training, he's probably going to be back into the third round.
Speaker 2: Oh easily, easily, he's going to be a There was times he was going in the first and second round in the past. So if he shows that he's back to being de Gram, he's going early. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: I just, I mean, I'm I've always been the biggest dummy about de Grom. I'm like, oh, she's the best, but that is the truth. It's actually it's similarly my Mike Trout argument, where if you give me the player that is injury prone and also the production goes away, I'll I'll relent and I'll, you know, on my back belly like, Okay, I'm wrong, but like that's why. That was my argument with Pianowski on this show in the offseason, was like his argument was he's gonna get hurt and he's not good anymore. And I was like, well, he might get hurt, but he is still good. And I was technical. I mean, I was right about that, he was still good. But then he of course had an even worse injury and Pianowski got the win. But that's the same thing with de Gram and that was always my argument. The problem is when he's out there, he's one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. It's just are we now are we too far gone that you just know, like it's maybe if at best it's eighty innings, And that's where I need to come to terms with, Like, he's the best pitcher in baseball when he is out there, except you might get twelve innings or you might get eighty. You're just not going to get one hundred and forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not getting the full deal, you kind of. I treat it like the kerse Shaw situation. You're gonna get eighty to one hundred innings? Are those good enough for where you're picking him? It depends.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one, but you can't go on the third round if that's no, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's why I'll never draft him. Personally because it's just too rich for my blood. But some people might believe it's like, you know, some people said the same thing about Tyler Glass now this past year, and he's got a career high enditings already. I know he's hurt again, but he's already. Yeah, it has already been worth all all that draft capital, so you never know. It's just it's a tough game because de Grom is that good that it might only take like one hundred and twenty and he's to pay off a third round price.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have the best debates in the off season and Joe with the d Grom stuff, that'll be fun. Another guy that will be debating, Sandy Ocontra. Tommy John surgery last October, says he would be able to return to the Mound before the end of the year if the Marlins would let him, which I could be honest with you, I actually think they should. You should let him get a start in if this is true, just like one start on the back end. But I don't think they're doing any of it. It's gonna be all off season work and we'll get him back. But it looks like we're lining up to like be okay back with Sandy for next season, which is a huge plus. There's another guy. I'd rather have Sandy of course over de Grom. But I don't know if they went like that in your draft No.
Speaker 2: Nine or ten something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We lost Bubba's audio. Did you come back?
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I just like, oh, there you are, there you go streaming art just muted me out of nowhere. That was fun. Yeah, So no, didn't like your take. Apparently No, Sandy went around nine or ten, so they went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's stupid. I think that's dumb. That's ridiculous. The other injuries, the injury stuff, at least that's out there. Grayson Rodriguez progressed to playing catch from ninety feet that was at Dodger Stadium, and Liam Hendricks is on track to return to the Red Sox Bullpen here in September.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: There's some good positive news Forridos. Let's talk about some bets. What are we betting? We got it for the best bets of the day with Bubba in the Welsh brought to you by bet three six five. By the way, you can use promo code yes leading Off where you can bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Go and use that promo code at Leading Off today five dollars for one fifty and you can take part in some of these un bets that we got going on. Bubba, you are an absolute fireman on this show with prop betting. Hit run RBIs are Bubba specialty, So please tell us you got some that are going to cash today.
Speaker 2: We're going total bases today because hit run RBIs the market's gotten way too ridiculous. Yeah, it's gotten bets. We're going Total base has got the clean sweep last week, so I want to do it again. Here, JJ Blite in Great American small Park over one and a half at plus one thirty. It should be a lot of offense in that game, so give me some JJ Bliday. They had no Lawrence Butler options. I was very angry on that note.
Speaker 1: I was about to ask you, I know there's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: There was no Lawrence Butler options. I was not happy on that one. Jackson Merril, it's even money over one and a half a plus one hundred. The dude just keeps getting it done. Polante on the mound. I don't see that slowing down, and I'll go Jackson Cheerio. We'll ride the hot hand there over one and a half at plus one twenty. Kyle Harrison on the bump for the Giants. He's been all or no, and this Brewers offense is legit. Tario in at the top of the order, so I'll take plus money on an over one and a half there as well.
Speaker 1: I like it. Well, I'm gonna betting against a little bit in that first inning. Some bets I've got going today. I'm actually going as Valdo Bido on the strikeouts. I'm going with the over strikeouts. It's four and a half right at minus one ten going up against the Reds. That is a strike out a bole team, if you will, And as of recent I believe Bido has hit this marker in six straight I think it's a sixth straight games, so this is a pretty fair line. So we're gonna go with Bedo over strikeouts. Otherwise, I'm going Nurfe's today and I am going with San Francisco and Milwaukee on the neurfy. Milwaukee has been I cash this yesterday with a different lineup Toby Myers and Logan Web close to not getting it with Logan Web yesterday. But Milwaukee's like a middle in first run scoring team while San Francisco is a lot closer to the bottom. You're right, this is gonna like go right away for me immediately, or I think this is going to be a really good opportunity. So it's paying out decent like minus one twenty five for a Nurfe at this point. So I like this one because I do like the pitching matchup early on the other one, we're gonna go Atlanta in Minnesota. Obviously, this is a Chris Sale bet. Anytime I can find Chrissale Nerfe's that are not minus one fifty, I pay attention to them. And obviously the other pitcher is going to be important here, and David Festa is one I actually think I'm relatively comfortable with. Now these are two bigger power house offenses, but I'm betting Sale is my lock and then confess to hold down that top end of the Braves order. I think they can. Actually, I think that Braves lineup is a little bit beat up right now. In Festa has been okay, So I'm going to go with the Nurfe Atlanta Minnesota. So Beato over strikeouts, the San Francisco Milwaukee Nerfy Atlanta Minnesota Nurfy. And then Bubba has got over Bladet Merrill and Cherio total Bases. And I will also tell you I almost did the Merrill total Bases one in here and shout out to my boy Dennis Sidler who just did a signing with Jackson Merril yesterday. Got some fun stories, got some cool stuff, and we're gonna have some more fun Jackson Merrill stuff here behind us, and I'm gonna try to pick up a thing or two for next year because I want to do some more giveaways here and leading off, if you guys want some merch, Yeah, some Jackson Merrill. I have the best. I'm so excited to share it. I can actually ask him if I can even share it on. But I have the best thing to share with you. Like I my new bit by the way, let me see if I can. I think I've shown people this. I have one that I'm gonna do a giveaway of soon. But my new bit is getting the autographs with like special inscriptions. So have you seen this one? This is the Cole reagans. You see what that says. It says Welsh throw the cutter or throw the cutter Welsh. Nice So if you know the bit. So that's Cole Reagan's autograph one. I have a Jackson Merrill one and it's phenomenal and you guys are going to be so excited to see it. Yeah, yeah, that's the way in the world or Welsh. And we actually were doing that. Bagman and I were talking who will be my best friend next year? Because two years ago it was Carol. This year it was justin Steele and Meryll. Maybe maybe Meryll will be the new best friend for next season. So I'm open to best friends. So we're on the lookout for my twenty twenty five baseball best friend.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: Those are our best bets of the day, my friends, home run call, let's finish this bad boy out. We're giving people extra content today. What are you doing on the home run board.
Speaker 2: We're picking on Walker Bueler because he's garbage these days. We're going with Anthony Santander finding the cheap seats in Chavez Ravine.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I think I inspired you because I'm gonna go with Gunner Henderson on this one, so we're sticking into that. Do not like the Walker Bueler, not into the Walker Buler at all, into the gunner Henderson for getting some homer So I like that. And the home run board. By the way, I am still not there. I think I am. I think I'm still at thirty three. I can't believe no one has jumped up Wonkee's at thirty Seve still at sixteenth place. Joey is got thirteenth place on hold for thirty nine. But we have one person that has got fifty one. That is South African G. I believe. Yeah, this is the update to board. This looks the same as the other day, fifty one for South African G. B Trot at forty eight and my boy Larry at forty five. So it is I don't know, South AFGA G has got a really good hold on this. But it's still anybody's game except mine. It is not my game. It's just me to try to get on the board. There you go, friends, that is it, Bubba, love you brother, going to see you next week. Yeah, we'll talk. Well, also tell everybody the plan for September. We'll do it on Friday. Joe Rico will be back on Friday. Get lots of Bubba and Joe in September as well. Hopefully you guys have a great week. You know where to find us. You can catch us over on the Discord, Fantasypros dot com, slash chat, join up with the community, ask questions, or you can find me on Twitter is it the Welsh or Bubba at b d Intrick. You guys have a fantastic day and we'll talk to you next time right here on leading off, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Friends, Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving.
Speaker 1: A positive review on Apple.
Speaker 3: Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB