Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and New.
Speaker 2: He scrugs, all right, everybody know who we are.
Speaker 3: The Players Lounge is your favorite for negroes, Heckma Harrison, Barry Church, I New He shrugs. It is a victory Monday, everybody, and you know, three of us here knew it was gonna be in the bag early in the week. Somebody else was kind of was, you know, a little on the fence.
Speaker 2: But the quote Diona, well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: What you was gonna have to hear this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fact.
Speaker 4: I was not ready to be cocky after the Philadelphia game, Hey man, I just didn't want of this. We're just gonna roll out there and beat them by a hunt. Yes, yeah, that's kind of what two quarterbacks out they traded away, gave away people.
Speaker 2: Both of their corners in the game.
Speaker 4: I lost they left tackle and then he didn't even play. He told you, hey, people gonna start getting hurt and said, they look at they look at the screen, and so he did look bad. Yep, uh huh, fighting on the sidelines. And I'm like, oh, that's how I told you.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 5: When that starts happening, when you know you ain't got a shot, people start showing their real colors.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. Do you know during the week that hey, man, you know this is this is gonna be bad were doing? Do you start telling showing the coaches and the team during the week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a go, coach, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: You know what that was last week was the last stuff. They stopped putting that in the play last night. So I mean you put it, Yeah, you don't go.
Speaker 2: Remember that thing I heard lasting again?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: You build up that's I mean, like you build it up during the week. Coming game.
Speaker 4: Happened coaching, I mean, we our rookie year. Yeah, okay, our rookie year. We go out there to play Philly. At least we was winning. At least we was winning in that game. Yeah, but it was over for us. It was we had we had no the season was done and since the balling them come out there at halftime, it was like y'all young boys want to play.
Speaker 2: We're talking.
Speaker 4: You're about to have hold outside a good season ruined my I had a good season. They're looking to bring me back.
Speaker 5: You have to ruin that going to no bad tape out there. You don't want to have been at cover three getting burnt top of it. I don't know if we should bring this guy back. You go finish that rep your grade, this one, you're laying it.
Speaker 2: It happens. It's facts, man, real.
Speaker 3: Forty nine seventeen, the Cowboys sweep the New York Giants. Six hundred and forty yards of offense for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Giants, dude, the Giants were old for twelve on third down. I just off the top of right, have you guys, have you guys ever seen an NFL team?
Speaker 5: Not onecial? Now that's that's never however, and what did what.
Speaker 2: Did the Giants do to the Cowboys?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You up thirty five seven in the red zone.
Speaker 5: Dak's still out there throwing bombs, Cooper Rush throwing bombs down the side.
Speaker 2: I'm like, did something happen that we don't know? Hey?
Speaker 4: Man, we still remember, we still remember. Was it Brandon Jacobs breaking the clock. Yeah, that's so matter still matter. Man was never gonna lit up. They never go lit up.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: They did what we said they were gonna do. Okay, they go out here and treat this like mojo moments at practice.
Speaker 2: All right. They said, okay, we have an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Here in the red zone to make sure that our stats look better than they did when we got in here, and we're gonna make sure we take advantage of that man where they padded them stats. I gotta say this, this man came in here on Monday about Brandon Cooks. Somebody must have heard him, all right, because the attention to make sure that three guy his was there. And man, we but look, they took the cover off the vet. And I told I told you, I don't care how many targets or catches or yards he get this game.
Speaker 2: I do not feel better about how they have.
Speaker 4: Been treating Brandon Cooks until they get in a situation to where CD is taken away or not open and Cooks is the number two guy, or at least to be, because Fergus is gonna be the guy until you get in that situation. Michael gall about the catching yards, Yes, sir, I mean, so I supposed to feel better that you got, nah bro Yes, sir, yes, sir, Rico got.
Speaker 3: Those are two names that Carthy got hit with it the press conference this week.
Speaker 2: Remember he was fighting on the.
Speaker 5: Cooks right, I don't play fantasy football.
Speaker 2: Well, ten targets to lay that. I guess you heard. You heard the people No Dak hurt him.
Speaker 3: And then ric o'doddell. I remember his name was raised up there and they give you that. But next thing you know, twelve carries to Tony Poll's fifteen and Rico o' daddle had a nice football game long to twenty one. So twelve carries seventy nine yards, had a touchdown. These are two players, Doddle and Cooks that they're going to need if they wanted to go further than where they have been in the playoffs recently. Here, I just believe there are guys that they can make, They can make a difference, and I think we all kind of agreed on the show here. Yes, Tony Pollard is good, but Tony Pollard is better when you have that one two combination of thunder lightning and Dowdell can represent that is he zeke No that need to be Zeke.
Speaker 2: What we saw here, we've seen this before. This is up to the play caller game.
Speaker 4: That'll look like lightning though yesterday, and so he didn't look like like he was in a different speed kind of how we was watching Tony Paul and Zeke. Not not as much like that. But when Dudell got was like, oh, he got fresh legs and he's the role. He put his foot down one time on his own run and then cut it back up, you know, and they had a big yard, big game on it. I mean, I love the way that they used him. But that was exactly what we needed last week. Not to harp on that, but that's what we needed. We needed that part, that dimension of our running game to be attacking. I was saying it last week. I think that you allow Brandon Cooks to be who he is through play action, and it's easy to find him when you have at least the threat of a running game. When teams don't respect your running game at all, which we've seen in games, but team's like, man.
Speaker 2: Y'all got nothing.
Speaker 4: We're not worried about that, and especially if we're not giving them any motion or any play action at all.
Speaker 2: I'm loving the way.
Speaker 4: That Mike McCarthy is using ceedee lamb, moving him around, doing different things with him, not allowing defenses to just kind of all right, he's gonna sit in the slot or he'll be outside.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna move around. You see he scored on the reverse he did.
Speaker 4: I mean, those are those are the kind of players that you see other big time players around the league, dude, and we got that on our team.
Speaker 2: And heck mall he needed was a play call to understand what he canna do. That's it, shots fired, that's what go ahead say.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let it play out exactly.
Speaker 2: It's playing right. Let's let's not get to myself. They were a bad team. So so was it? Three games, ten catches, hundred and fifty yards?
Speaker 3: This okay, this is this is what we were seeing from the Jordan justin Jefferson. You know of hey man, you're you're the big dog. Go eat, We're gonna feed you. Go do it doesn't matter who it is.
Speaker 2: Go all right.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're seeing it against Philadelphia said, I got so last play caller wasn't doing it.
Speaker 5: This is exactly what you would want to have from your office, because we talked about it last week. You know, those upper echelon offenses that the Bangles of the world, the Vikings when they had Dobbs playing wells up. But that's when you when you have that top dog, he's gonna eat, he's gonna get his targets, he's gonna get fifteen to twenty targets out there, but you gotta have those secondary pieces kind of eating as well so you can get their confidence going. And kudos to Mike McCarthy because he's doing a heck of a job getting those guys involved as of late. You know, earlier in the season it was just Ceed, Lamb or Bus. Now he's starting to realize, and I will take it with a grain of salt because it is the Giants, but he's starting to realize if I get these other pieces involved, it makes it that much harder on the defense to try to figure out what you're gonna do. You can double ceedee Lamb all you want to, but are you gonna leave Cooks on an island out there or you're gonna leave Gallup on an island. Ferg is still available as well, and now if we can get that running game going consistently, like it wasn't like outstanding what they were doing. But you combined those two running backs, I believe combined they had what like a buck buck fifty buck forty like that. If you can get that approach to a game each and every week, a balanced approach, it's gonna be tough to stop the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I take that, So tell me that. So listen. The positive that I'm taking from the Brandon Cooks resurgence right is Okay. Maybe I don't know if this is true or whatever, but I'm just still trying to put my finger on it. Maybe dak now feels a little bit more comfortable in game depending on Brandon Cooks. Maybe that's what you got out of this game. You don't think like why wouldn't you be like, so you go two games when you throw this got the ball, he makes big time, catches four touchdowns, all right, and then you just forget about him, and then you try to go to Tober, you try to go to Gallup and you figure out you can't do it. So now you just tossed it at the CD every time, but you're not figuring out a way to then help yourself in the red zone. Because you just that's all you got. So you go into this game you say, Okay, hold on, if I throw it up. Okay, I know he's done it before, but maybe if I throw it up, he's gonna catch it. And I think Brandon Cooks even talked about that in the interview at post game. He said, you know, that's just a trust throw from Dak on that out route we saw on that pick raight we were talking about against Philly how they missed. Brandon Cooks put him in a different situation, put him out in the space, and then Dak can trust the throw that he's making. The number three he's been, he's been a veteran in this league too many, too many years. You know, he knows where to go to get open, and Dak trusting him to be there, I think made the difference.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man Like again, we watch a little bit of practice, whatever, we see. How much of that trust have they built up over camp to today? They have to get to the point to where that's just automatic. He he has it with CD. It's coming of age in front of our face right now with Brandon or I'm at is, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure.
Speaker 5: It's there yet because from what you said earlier, when it comes down to that crucial moment, that clutch time, and you're gonna revert to back to you know what you are, your identity. We've seen it happen time and time again in that Eagles game when it got to nut cutting time. I'm going to see I'm going to see it. Can we do that? Or can the Cowboys do that? When it's basically clutch time? Is he gonna revert back to man? I gotta go to CD This is the only way I'm gonna go. I'm gonna get this offense going. Or can he go out there and spread the football around? Only time we'll tell on that one, because from what we've seen so far this season, when they're blowing guys out, everybody gets up, everybody gets a ball, everybody gets a touchdown.
Speaker 2: But when it's tight game and they need something to happen.
Speaker 5: I'm going to city. I'm going to city. I'm going to city. Will that, you know change now that we've got a little bit more from Brandon.
Speaker 4: Cooks, But Barry, you know how, that's how you get past the forty nine ers of the world. That's how you have to do that, because what a what a defense is gonna do? Come on, man, y'all know them, they're gonna lock them up. They're gonna take away your best thing you got out there. CD is gonna all right, keep talking, all right, you're gonna start seeing these double teams and now it's gonna be like you don't have You're not gonna get that man the man no more. We're gonna start sitting at safety over the top and still see if you get a buck fifty and then we have to go to these other places. That's why guys like Schoolmaker, you gotta catch that ball, bro, you got it, because all of those little things are gonna be pivotal.
Speaker 2: Even though we didn't play aero free in this game, let's keep it real.
Speaker 4: Penalty that two turnovers and I know it was garbage time in a situation with Cooper with Cooper, but I'm just saying, you can't have those miscues. You can't have those errors. Those are the things that will get you beat versus the good teams. We opened up, we get all the way down to the one we don't score. We were six and seven in the red zone. But still those are things like that. That can change the game for you. If you don't score early and you get down there, you go for it on fourth and goal and you don't get.
Speaker 2: The early pick, the earlyzation. I mean, if it wasn't the Giants, that could have came around and hurt team.
Speaker 4: And you can and I believe this when I sent the text message, that's what happens when you got one and two and that's and that's that's all you go toward. Right when you when you go either gonna throw out the FERG or you're gonna throw out the CD, and the defensive coordinator is sitting there saying, okay, when they line up in this formation, no matter what it is, you make sure you take away eighty eight. You make sure you got somebody on that tight end you lop. He'll throw it to you right and right two about six. But until you figure it out, which is why I think this is helpful not just for Cooks, but I also think this is helpful for the ring game as well, because now defensive coordinators have to you know, they have to put more resources toward not just CD, but then also Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 3: So this is another week coming up against the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte to go ahead and implement keep on working. The Cowboys are a different team on the road than they are at home. They score a lot less, they've lost.
Speaker 2: More games on the road.
Speaker 3: So this is another good test. This is this is kind of like that that sec thing. You know how you guys get to play Western Carolina and Liberty or somebody in November and it's all.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, let's let's get you know whatever we think we need.
Speaker 3: To kind of work on a little bit here to get ready for our rivalry game and get ready for you know, whatever else is left. This is that time, So there's there's another opportunity to get into the lab and let's improve this. Let's improve that against Carolina. Then you've got You've got Washington on Thanksgiving Day. Then the next Thursday you got a game against Seattle. Those are two home games, and then you got Philadelphia. So this is the opportunity to start getting this thing riled up here, get it going, and you know, so can can you do it again with Cooks?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So what we need to trust it when you time prove of consistency. So I need to see this in Charlotte. Need to see him getting off in Charlotte. Need to see him getting down on Thanksgiving Day, and and and go from there.
Speaker 2: He's on the ball.
Speaker 4: It's been like the donaball give them a shot man out there running up and down the field, doing great shape.
Speaker 2: Only do is catch the ball.
Speaker 4: Bro. You don't see him having those issues, the drops and all that stuff. You know that you can depend on him to be in the right spot and catch the thing on football. He's been doing that for his entire career and now you got a shot to do it against the Giants. Proof time and consistence is what we need to see.
Speaker 2: So we just need to get this podcast to Dak. You know, listen up, we can help make the promo. Bro. I mean we got that. We got that what you need, right, we got what you need.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the version of Dak that you saw this Sunday Man. Everybody know he's capable of that. But you know what, everybody's gonna start singing the same thing is after these next couple of games, are.
Speaker 2: You just beating easy? You're supposed to win these games? That's right? Is it true? Right? But that's the lead up.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the lead up to December the tenth, and you know it's true, it's gonna start with Seattle. But still those murmurs, those whispers are like, you do this versus these teams, but versus the big teams? Can you do the ones that we need you to win? Fortunate for us, these are games that's gonna be at home. And I got the feeling. I don't know if you y'all starting to feel it, but something special starting to happen with us at home, and it would be a damn shame if we didn't have a playoff game at home. This ship that that commander you said, see that commander's game. I'm not overlooking them. That was a good game, The games out everything everything.
Speaker 3: That's all I know, man, is can that same smoke that was applied to that or this year, can they now take that smoke and transferred over to Trevor Lawrence Because Trevor Lawrence was the home game against San Francisco that was terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you I felt sorry for Trevor Lawrence because boy, that for the Niners defense was owner. Okay, Chase, you I know that, like Chase, And this is what I don't understand about that. The reason why it's not gonna get transferred over to Trevor Lawrence is because in our eyes, Dak Prescott is here and Trevor Lawrence is here. The expectation for me when I'm looking at a guy like Dak Prescott first a guy like Trevor Lawrence is when it happens to Trevor Lawrence, I'm like, man, that's bad game. What happens to Dak and we're here, We're like, this is why we ain't been able to get over the hump. Trevor Lawrence ain't got in that get over the hump conversation yet.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, work his way up, all right.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go back to just expectations him when you look at this is a team if we saw him in person when they when they Cowboys went down to do ball down fourteen and Trevor Lawrence helped lead to come back. They go ahead and win the division. They beat your boys in the playoffs, came down from that. So we're looking at Trevor Lawrence saying, Okay, now he's got got real coaches.
Speaker 2: No urban rookie, Now you got real coaches. Take that next step shows what you could do.
Speaker 3: I know I suckered and bought into it against the forty nine wnat.
Speaker 4: Don't bring that anger over here because you'm taking.
Speaker 2: Man and want us and want us to be made. Another thing, the most out, the most important thing is he killing my fantasy team. The tour was off. This dude had to play.
Speaker 3: You're gonna roll out seventeen to twenty nine, one eighty five, two picks, five sacks.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, Travis Aten couldn't even get up nine carries thirty five. This is terrible. Now you got lucky, get your boy, got him San Francis.
Speaker 4: Gonna come up to San Francisco coming up about getting healthy. Three points got their people back. But I think you may be on your own for people that I know. They picked the Duvall Jacksonville Jaguarse to represent the AFC and the Super Bowl, Like I don't know that expectation from because they did a comeback last year and then now they're gonna win the Super Bowl. Get over him because of Doug Peterson. Come on, I hate jumping.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: I know on Sunday you and him picked Jacksonville wins. He and I were smart enough to go with the nine.
Speaker 2: He man, he made up. I had him score, I had had twenty five point short.
Speaker 3: Also give him to smoke where Shadey gonna sit up here, say Trevor Lawrence is playing like poo boo.
Speaker 2: But look, man, I mean, look, here's the thing. Though.
Speaker 4: The forty nine Ers defense is back healthy. They got the people, they got Chase, Chase Young and Bosses looking dangerous. That front that honestly, that front seven, that's a problem. And then when you get Trip Williams back, you see what a difference goes back. I mean their whole nother team party looks like a different quarterback when he has his full arsenal back. And unfortunate for him, man, when they were going through that, Losers scared. Everybody was on here bus, you know, and all that. But but true to form, when teams go through interest, as you guys know through the season, you're gonna go through the slide's gonna be.
Speaker 2: This is hard to get those victories when you don't have your key components.
Speaker 4: We haven't had like we started off the season with some of offensive lineman herd, but have we had that to that degree where we're missing half of our offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yet please, thank you. You know what I'm saying. But those are the things that teams are having to go through. But I wanted to say to you, man, CJ. You the only will was four games back on CJ. Stroud bro.
Speaker 5: Let's get a break, No man, let's get a break into the jungle, didn't he Because this is.
Speaker 3: Worthy of us spending some time on or doubtload because wow all day long.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, we got to apologize Houston talk about East Old cities.
Speaker 3: But we'll do that next with Damy McCrae, Barry Church back Mahars plays toss right here, Dallas Cowboys, I I'm ready.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch.
Speaker 2: And that's the sound of you making them disappear.
Speaker 4: Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To kick off the.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, Jo buggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to.
Speaker 2: Be a boss.
Speaker 8: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smeirenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The Salvation Army's twenty seventh annual Red Cattle Kickoff returns to et TE Saturday at a T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly part rock the stage during halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three thirty pm on CBS.
Speaker 3: Thank You, heck Ma Harrison plays Lounge brought to you by Tostitos Players at Danny Craigberry Church.
Speaker 2: I knew he scruggs.
Speaker 9: I want to.
Speaker 2: Go. I want to go to you. Yeah, I tell you I hate good job. Want to read?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh boy? Yeah you your weekend at L s U.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am Danny For those of you know, Dan's on national championship Uh team at L s U.
Speaker 2: They had the little home coming weekend over there. I'm at home coming there again. Uh. It was good man. We had a blast.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: It's always good to see old teammates.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then Class of O three's national championship team came back as well, so I got to see like Joseph and died I saw braiding them up there, like it's always good to get back. And then with it being the Florida game and us had agree or not Jade and Daniels is special and to be able to get to see him in person and have that type of performance that he had on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night, Yeah, that was that was that was? What was that like in person? I'm just sitting there like then he got to see that? You saw, yes, I saw it.
Speaker 4: It was It was crazy because he just looked so much faster and so much skillful than everybody else on the field, and it's some dogs out there to receivers over over a thousand yards, beating Justin Jefferson and Jamar chan numbers.
Speaker 2: But still at that it's jayde and Daniels and then the.
Speaker 4: Talent that those guys have, and you just watch him get out there and he does it every week.
Speaker 3: So when you start thinking about like this class right now, people are saying Caleb Williams and Track May, where does he fit in that realm in terms of talent and what you project you think he may be in this NFL for for.
Speaker 4: What I'm seeing be successful around the league right now, I'm gonna put him right up there. Want to eat at the at the lowest number two because he's playing in the toughest division in college football. And although we have lost three games, it ain't because of his performances in those games. And that's Alabama, that's Florida State, that's all those teams, Our defenses letters down. But you've always turned the tape on it said, man, that dude, that dude right.
Speaker 2: Passing or three hundre yards. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: So back to what Heckman had pointed out about c J. Stride in Houston, I'm sitting here and I'm just wondering. We see what CJ. Stroud has been able to do in the league coming out of Ohio State, and I kind of wonder about that projection of Jalen Daniels because this guy, this is just me.
Speaker 2: I'll just watch this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, we may not be we may not be talking about the quarterback that you want to go get on your football team.
Speaker 2: You watch this dude, special man. He is special without a doubt. And you look when you compare him to those other.
Speaker 5: Guys, what is it Drake Maye and one of the top guys, Caleb Williams one of the top guys as well. I think he's right up in that mix. When you talk about just athleticism and explosiveness of what he can bring to your team. I mean, we saw it out there in last year's draft. It was all about you know, CJ. Stroud and bright sh Yeah right, Jo, He's little, but he's football. I Q look at his arms and then you look at it. Now, who projects to the NFL better?
Speaker 2: This the CJ. Stroud's of the world.
Speaker 5: So to me, Jayleen Down's he got the height, he got the size, he obviously has the athleticism. This is somebody that these NFL teams might want to take a gander.
Speaker 4: And the arm because he got like that's what I was just about to say. You can't hear the one trick. He is a guy that can also throw the ball. But I'm watching way more L s U football than I want to, you know what I mean. I'm telling you, I'm I'm like, why am I watching l SU? You know why am I watching this game? Like you know, I went to the school. But I'm telling you he's really exciting to see him the way that he's developed. But I mean going back to this this kid c J. Stroud, I think the league underestimated his impact, uh and what he could do. Arm strength for sure, They definitely underestimated his wheels, the way that he runs. I just Caleb Williams to me is like he's He's a guy that's NFL ready right now. It's just he can make all the throws. He has the IQ that to do it. We've seen him, especially in Lincoln Riley's system, how the quarterbacks that can't come from his system that have had some I think he's going to be that guy that can really set that whole thing over to the next level.
Speaker 2: As far as quarterback, I will.
Speaker 5: Say this though, it's not when you take a guy that high, it's not all about the you know, attributes as far as athleticism, being able to on the field stuff. It's also about the intangibles as well. And can you be a leader of men out there and you look at a guy like c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud. Everybody in that locker room respects him.
Speaker 5: Everybody goes out there and they get it all because they know they always going to have a chance with that guy at quarterback position. When you look at a Caleb Williams and I'm not you know, I'm not in the locker room. I'm just saying, well, what what I what I see out there on the football field. When you got a guy after a game going up in the stands crying, you know what I mean? It's just talking about all. I don't know if I want to play for that organization when I come out if the right organization is not d But was it.
Speaker 4: Coming from him or was it just the dad. I'm just like Daddy did it. But wait a minute, yeah, thank you. That's point of this. And I'm having the because I got a I'm I play linebacker and I'm raising the receiver. So I'm just saying it's a different mentality in football right now. The sensitivity is at all time, that's all.
Speaker 2: I'm quarter back.
Speaker 5: You just lost one of the toughest games in the season. Here quarterbacks up there crying in the stands. I mean, are you looking at that?
Speaker 2: Like, man, what you doing? We were growing in out here. What you're doing?
Speaker 4: To your point, you think about the guys who are successful in the league at this point.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrens went through that. You ain't see him doing all that.
Speaker 4: Borrows first year at bad Rouge and went through that adversity, all right, So you see see all these guys have been through it yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: What happens when when the chips are down a little bit and you're trying to figure out how I can galvanize my team, and the thing that is common between all those guys is, look at a guy.
Speaker 2: Like Joey b got the respect of the whole roster. C J. Stroud, respect of the whole roster, Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 4: You don't see them dudes yelling and cursing at each other on the sideline because they got the respect and they believe that the guy can get it done. So that is a huge part of being able to be a successful quarterback in the league. Dak Prescott around here exactly. It's the thing. Look and just speaking of guys that have gone through adversity, Deshaun Watson at in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: His what he did?
Speaker 4: I mean that just again, man a Mark Cooper. I ain't been one of these people that has missed the Mark Cooper, but Amark Cooper made a big time catch.
Speaker 2: Ain't big time catch.
Speaker 9: And just.
Speaker 2: A big time do what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But man, doing this thing and getting behind that defense and not risking it, you know. So, I mean Cleveland is a dangerous team. Nobody's talking about them in the AFC, but with that defense and once they finally get it rolling. Hey, it was some good football on That's all I gotta say. They lost Nick Chubb, Nobody even talking about that. Nobody's even talking about that. Yeah, it was good football. I'm sure we'll touch on some of those games.
Speaker 2: It was. It was some really good football. Yeah, all of us, all of us missed on both all of us missed. We all took Baltimore. We all took Baltimore. We missed on that. Hey, it happens, but Baltimore, this is this is one of Baltimore specials. Though many they'll do that divisions. But we knew that. We knew that. But then you go to d J.
Speaker 3: Stroud in Houston. You go and you get a win up there Cincinnati. I mean, Demico Ris, if he's not coaching the year, tell me who is I.
Speaker 2: Mean that that that is? I mean, may you know they're not gonna give me. It's stopping now, so don't away to give it. I'm not saying he should. I'm not saying he should.
Speaker 4: If Houston, if Houston goes and wins that division, okay and they host the playoff game, yeah you can't. It's hard for you to be able to pass up on one.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud being an m v P conversation and also, uh, Demico rons.
Speaker 2: Is coach of the Year. But the turnaround in Detroit is real. That turnaround is real.
Speaker 4: Last year it started, I mean, and he's been all he's been doing is continuously building on That was a great game that they played against your boys. Here's yeah said because he out here talking crazy on my rolltime press the button?
Speaker 2: Is that the bottom by your leg? By your means that's what you've hearsed it?
Speaker 4: Like man, you really making the ogs ogston.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound?
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool I Sie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with Crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for break, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 2: Press dout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto.
Speaker 7: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players.
Speaker 4: Lounge tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by in Visi Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at Dallascowboys dot Com Slash Camps.
Speaker 2: He is hec Maharrison. Thank you very much, Danny McCraney. I'm about to tell you. Come on out. We teach you how to pruss button. You jump on to technology.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 2: We helped the oldest school. Too too heavy. We had of breaks. We had a break. It had been a perfect time. Go ahead. They wrapped up the Western Division SEC championship. Yea, the defense better than all our quarterback.
Speaker 4: Better than this can I ask you something, man, would y'all like to be fired with a seventy five million dollars buyout six?
Speaker 2: Give it to me right now? Tell you today?
Speaker 3: By me today? Boss, you're telling me you're gonna get me seventy six mil.
Speaker 2: To leave y'all along. I'm out.
Speaker 4: When do you need my bags packed? Which one of them? Which group of them boosters put that money together?
Speaker 2: The Houston faction of Dallas who did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of the two, because apparently I was told by somebody who worked there. Yeah, it's like the so like when Coach Fran got hired, the Houston Faction fired and then the Dallas faction, I mean the Houston faction hired and the Dallas faction fired.
Speaker 2: Him, and then they went and got Mike Sherman. So they kind of take turns because they need some more money for the next dude.
Speaker 5: And I could be wrong with this, but he can still will go out and get a little job and get paid double dish right off.
Speaker 2: Language. Yes, he get a job.
Speaker 3: He go coaching West coach West Virginia next year, make six seve million dollars and.
Speaker 2: On top of from the top of that too. Yes, man, I'm telling you what.
Speaker 4: That's how they couldn't afford to have him as the head coach there with the changes that are coming to the SEC, and then the new level of competition for these recruits, and and and where you may stand at A and M after Texas and Oklahoma get up in the SEC. You need a new face in there now, coach, you seventy six million dollars, I'm but you need some hope because the mother kid is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like, no, I'm going to going to A and M going to Texas. Hell, tuck, Oh, he got the bad man. Could have been that's his talk. Could have see it somewhere.
Speaker 4: I can't believe. Man, y'all watch mail, y'all. Whoever, y'all look at y'all. You heard about jim You okay, Yeah, yeah, I know Jimmo, Jimbo.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be. You gonna be jim You want to get a drink?
Speaker 9: Man on me.
Speaker 2: It's all me. Check on your people. Man, Damn man, man, it is that. But yeah, seventy six million dollars. And then then of course that the thing is funny about the A and M dealers. You know, you look at the list of people and hey, they're gonna get this guy.
Speaker 3: And I saw Dan Lanning from Oregon and they're like, some of these people on this list have some championship desires and their teams. No, they want somebody in place by that December recruiting period one to keep the kids they have and then go get some more. Kids have signed December. Nobody who's good is about to leave that to go down here. You know, day Landing will be a fool. First off, they don't really fire anybody in Oregon, so why would you go to A and N where everybody been fired since nineteen fifty seven. The only dud who left on his own fifty seven was Bear Bryant, So the job got a shelf life. You need a guy who's willing to leave his kids in program right now and say I don't care whatever you say about me is good.
Speaker 2: That person's Lane Kiffing.
Speaker 3: That's though, what man left. The man left Tennessee after one year, went to USC. He didn't care what the people that Tennessee said about it.
Speaker 2: He didn't care.
Speaker 3: Man was out there trying to get an Auburn job. All last year didn't workouts, and he went back to old Miss.
Speaker 2: That man with your mental health. Yeah, that's the guy. That's the guy. I mean, that's weird.
Speaker 4: I mean that that is the name I hadn't I hadn't even thought of lank Lane Kiffin. That would absolutely be perfect.
Speaker 2: I mean Lane Kiff. I mean, I mean, you know this league. Isn't this about the high mark of what they should expect from Old Miss football? Right now? That's about it. Okay, that's about it in that division. That's about it.
Speaker 4: He just made the comment last I just heard an interview with his We just need to recruit better. We have to, you know, talking about the guys. It's not our players fault, but we need to recruit better and we need to get some fire star guys. And I'm thinking myself, like a minute, man, you know, you get some pretty good guys in there for Old Miss.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? What you Yeah, just breadcrs.
Speaker 4: He's been a part of the ones of the schools where you get those big time recruits though.
Speaker 2: So USC he was at Alabama.
Speaker 3: So if you if you're A and M and you're looking for somebody because you need them to get there, now say the kids you have, get ready to go ahead, get kids in December, be ready to go toe to toe with Sark and what you got to do with you.
Speaker 2: You know, he already got his little issues with saving.
Speaker 4: This is that guy.
Speaker 3: This guy fits their whole thing. We got talking noise busts. I mean, he saw how he was busting on Jimbo when he was over there. You know here they hope to make up old game this year.
Speaker 2: I mean he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: He gives zero, right right, zero, he gives zero. I mean, when you messing with Sabing and you still mess with Sabing, you.
Speaker 2: And beat too right, drum on Georgia. But this is this But I'm just saying, when I look at this list of people, he's there, they bring up Mike Elko a duke. I mean he stayed duke the rest of your life. That's a nice fun if you got been to roleyg during Mary Yeah, still a good coach.
Speaker 3: It's a nice place to live. I mean that cut clip, David cut cliff Man. They let that do stay forever.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: You win eight games there, Man, that's around Bill Statue. Man, it ain't that bad man. They've got a basketball school, right right.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying football Okay, they just had this year they had the Steve Spray nineteen eighty nine. Okay, nineteen eighty nineteen, honored, that was when they when they ended up beating Clemson. Okay, they wanted a CC talk mean Steve spur Ma ain't hell. To this day, they still the man, thank you, man, thank you. And the dude left them to go to Florida. I want nobody man ay man, thank you for what you did, bro En George Florida. Man, we appreciate this. He's a d and in Duke football nineteen eighty nine, Mike Elkoch, David Cuckler five and the day winning seven eight games, like man, you had a first round picking Dame Joe.
Speaker 2: Thank you. If you el come, Man, you can stay the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: Man again, I look at them like Duke. I look at Duke just like I look at Kansas. There's basketball schools, and Kansas got all the way up to sixteen and they got the doors beat off. He got beat up.
Speaker 2: And this is just the way in college football. Way I look at this.
Speaker 3: If you're coaching at a place like Kansas and you don't want to deal with all the booster people and They just happy you took him to the cheese and Bowl and you get to keep on coaching.
Speaker 2: They're paying you multi millions of dollars that you can stay there for ten years. You be good. I think by Charlie Shrump. Charlie Strum was at there Louisville. Man, they ended up going to Sugar Bowl one year.
Speaker 3: You're making multimillions of dollars, all the pressure on Patino and the basketball team.
Speaker 2: Man, you're living good. And I had to come to Texas. I want to come to text and they still so. So my weekend guy worked at Louisville. He worked at Louisville, and by year two he went down to go see choice. Man trying to age four years. I mean, you go to Texas, look like the boy when you get the presidency. Man, do have black hair? You're great when you left. Man, that's some Texas you too. So some of these jobs special A and M. I mean, look at this man, they they on you.
Speaker 3: Do you want that in your life versus I'm over here at Duke Basketball School, going to bowl games, getting multimillions of.
Speaker 2: Dollars each year. I can stay here for life, enjoy life. Some of these gigs man, like your school LSU.
Speaker 3: Everybody last week, last three to one national championship, Brian Kelly got Man, they were looking at what payout?
Speaker 2: I mean he got seventeen seven Oh man, which do you want me to go? What do I sign it? What do you want me to go? That's something else, man.
Speaker 3: So here's the payout on that. Heck man, nineteen point two million dollars just doing sixty days. So I ain't even got to write in a check for nineteen points all the.
Speaker 2: Text people got the.
Speaker 4: Ready already got, and then after that he got, After that, he.
Speaker 2: Got a scrape bio some point two million untill twenty thirty one. And he woke up in the morning. He woke up in the morning, like why I got twenty million dollars in my cow? He didn't even they hadn't even announces being let go yet. I just hope money was all.
Speaker 3: I just hope Mel tugging don't read that. Damn man, Mel had more old than him than Jimbo.
Speaker 2: That's than all up. That's a bad situation. Bad situation, man, But good good for l s U. Man. Man, we go, we go, we go a ride with the tigers, man, Real.
Speaker 3: Thing real quick thing because I got tied back to the Cowboys here dug Nessmyer who's a quarterback coach.
Speaker 2: Here for his son is on the team back quarterback.
Speaker 3: Does he stay there or do you think he goes ahead and leaves because I mean, you're not getting that job.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna play.
Speaker 4: Why they came out and said that he was gonna stay and fight it out last season, So maybe he stays and fight fights it out again.
Speaker 2: But no, he's not getting that job, not as long as Jakelin there a j there, It ain't no.
Speaker 3: And that's my thing is just like you know, I mean to me, I would I if I'm a school out there and I try to get a man in the portal and hey, hey we got because he can play. He's a good player. I mean he you covered high school football, you saw this is No, he's a good guy.
Speaker 4: No, he's I believe he's out of Marcus Flower, maun Marcus right here in town, big arm. I was surprised that he stayed. I think he's a guy that definitely should to end of the portal, especially for his last year. This year is gonna be his fifth, I believe fifth years. He got caught up in the wh covid uh deal. So you know, just an opportunity to play, and you know, with his NFL lineage, may may have an opportunity.
Speaker 2: We'll see, be good, be good, man.
Speaker 3: So Carolina coming up, we'll dive in this during the week. I'm gonna go down there for that one. But are you going back to the crib? How you going back to your stoping grounds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, today's my dad birthday and he's been I want to go check on him.
Speaker 4: Birthday seventy seventh, birthday, seventy seventy.
Speaker 2: Seven years old. Man, long way from that nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: Three Children's crusade when he was getting sprayed by them hoses by Bull Connor and got kicked out of school with everybody else, and doctor King came in there, told him a couple of days, six days in jail, and then doctor King came in there later on to him he were gonna get everybody back to school.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to sit down and have your dad tell you to these stories like that about his life.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: But grew up Birmingham, Alabama.
Speaker 3: Man, it was the worst time at worst place, like the sixteenth Street bombing, the four girls and died. Yeah, we knew their families. That dude got a story like yeah, you know we knew Charles Barkley.
Speaker 4: Mom. You know he's got seventy seven years old and man probably feel like he lived two lifetimes with all that experience.
Speaker 2: So happy birthday. I appreciate it. Man. Veterans Days yesterday. So you know I was born on the military base. Man.
Speaker 3: The man has lived an incredible life. So uh yeah, we got go there, go spend some time, check all the people, you know, check on our people.
Speaker 2: So y'all, y'all feel trust So Monday, Tuesday, winn be going all right? So we do. We feel like we're up about twenty after plane. Next week, I can start talking like that again. We can start. I can start saying up about twenty after plane fourteen. You're fourteen. Yeah, see how I go nervous like you was last week?
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 2: That's good. We got a good show out to watch. You me nervous about the giants with no quarterback. If mad, you might be okay with your twenty he might be mad. He gotta he gotta do his podcast tonight. So I'm waiting on that to come out and see what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, all right, shout out, shout out to Antonio Pierce, the rateds you know.
Speaker 2: Smoking in the locker room. I love you, poor poor Bill Belichick. It's all coming out, man Jones, though he looked Brady jappy.
Speaker 4: He rolled out and tossed the ball up and the buddy Wha was running the ball like cra.
Speaker 2: Zactly gonna fake to throw and throw in the trump bro the trip Covery. I mean, he saw just.
Speaker 4: But the question is whoever really believed in Mac Jones as a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Who really who is trying to sell that? It's hard to believe somebody would be that bad.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: It's hard to due, but he was. I mean he can or was he was it this number fifteen?
Speaker 4: He was good enough Alabama for you to say, Okay, we're gonna draft them. Maybe not for the first run. Man, you got a full by one hundred track team out here. Dog, I'm throwing five yard out, said, you're taking it to the house.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? Bad? He regrets because he went to the playoffs this rookie year. Right, what what he showed on Sunday? Frank forget bro, you.
Speaker 3: Know who wanted him when he traded up to three and he wanted back Jones. It was Lynch and the other guy who like, man, you can't do this, you can't, you can't do it. But that was who Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Look, if I'll say this, they let that guy go. You watch Hannahan sidehim out in San Francisco. Oh, just saying, just.
Speaker 4: Saying, Shanahan might be the only quarter but be the only coach in the league that can change that dude's life based off of the offense.
Speaker 2: That he has.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's got pretty looking, real good in that offense. And right now, if Pertty was in in New England, he probably looked the same way.
Speaker 2: Everybody need a sponsor.
Speaker 3: Bryan Hordy had sponsors for years, and we didn't see a whole lot of bad quarterbacks live around here in this league.
Speaker 4: Responsor before we get over, because Josh Dobbs loved Grace. Dude come out there and ball again. I called him, I called him jacobycent I was sitting out like I think a little better than Jakoba.
Speaker 3: The question is going to become especially as Minnesota with Kevin O'Connor. Nice another nice coaching job. He's done this ship.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins is up. Do you do?
Speaker 3: You re sign Josh Dobbs and said, hey man, we're gonna give you a real shot. And then also go in the quarterback. Maybe they draft someone and just tell her come and appreciate you because you can get Dobbs a lot cheaper than trying to bring back Cousins and maybe go out here draft somebody. But people forget, this guy's got like a he's not got rockets. This is a really smart, intelligent guy.
Speaker 4: Can he go out there and get them a playoff spot and have justice because he's gonna get Justin Jefferson back because long was their winning games. Justin Jefferson has incentives to say I can come back and we got a shot. He go out there and get Justin Jefferson back and he performs.
Speaker 2: I gotta see who they beat Atlanta and then they be who's this this week? They just beat It was good the game too.
Speaker 3: I thought he'd be Atlanta this week, Arizona, Arizona. Where Colin Murray come back? When weeks New Orleans? Yeah, New Orleans they got a good defense soon, So New ors in a bad spot. Man, that I'm telling you like I never.
Speaker 2: That's the Cowboys got to go on the road that once again Southwood Bath you got you gotta go to. We ain't gonna get that kind of luck. Man, We're going San Fran. Y'all get ready for it right now. Bleed man, bleed, bleed. Now we got it. Tough en up. I mean, I'm just I'm just keeping it real. That is the player slash Danny mccrane.
Speaker 3: Harris barried Church. I knew his Scrus's been brought to you by Tostedos.
Speaker 2: Talk to you the Boy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club