Speaker 1: Dear Connor, I keep coming back to this old barn, looking at this view of the farm in our land. I think I've been desperate to see things back to the way they were, or.
Speaker 2: How I thought they were supposed to be. I wanted you back to lead the way.
Speaker 1: I wanted life to be back to normal, and I knew it never could be, but I couldn't imagine what it was becoming. I couldn't imagine the farm in any other way.
Speaker 2: And now now I'm starting to see.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to see new possibilities for this place, and now it's up to me to decide what it's going to look like.
Speaker 2: I have to lead the way, but I don't know if I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Hailey, keep hop You really gotta stop scaring me like that.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that you up there right in your journal again?
Speaker 2: Yes, do you need me for something?
Speaker 1: I finished all the chores and mom said I don't have to do any school today.
Speaker 3: Nah, don't need anything. I just wondered if you'd want to go on a trail ride with me, maybe we could talk.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about going on a trail ride just yet.
Speaker 3: No, it looked like you and Sonny were getting back to your old selves again. I saw her following you up from the pastor yesterday. You sure you don't want to go ahead and ease into riding now.
Speaker 2: We're trusting each other, that's true, but I'm still not sure. I won't panic writing her.
Speaker 1: I'm already stressed today and it might make her nervous too.
Speaker 3: All right, then, how about a good old fashioned walk down to the.
Speaker 4: Orchard and back.
Speaker 2: Sure that sounds good.
Speaker 5: Hey, for heart's sake, Bailey, climb down next time. I'll never get used to you heaving yourself off the roof like that.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Mm So, how are Fiona and the piglets today?
Speaker 2: They're good? She ended up having eleven altogether.
Speaker 4: That's great. And how are you.
Speaker 2: I am a little stressed, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: I hope you're not holding it in.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to hold it together. I have to make the right decision about Wilder and the sanctuary.
Speaker 2: So much is counting on me. I don't want to make a mistake.
Speaker 4: That sounds like you're under a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: I guess, just like Wilder before he collied, letting pressure build up can be dangerous for people too.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to call it gip hop.
Speaker 5: No, but holding in all that stress might be why you had an anxiety attack.
Speaker 4: The other day.
Speaker 2: Hmm. I hadn't seen it that way.
Speaker 5: So here I am. Let's get you walking and releasing some of that pressure.
Speaker 4: Talk to me, Bailey.
Speaker 1: So your plan is to treat me like a horse. Okay, fine, I'll flay.
Speaker 4: Along, that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Well, it does feel good to be out here walking the land, even if I'm being treated like a colicky horse.
Speaker 4: So you're still thinking on what to do with Wilder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel so connected to him.
Speaker 1: He reminds me so much of Connor, and I really don't want to give him up.
Speaker 2: I would love to.
Speaker 1: Train him and let him be the first horse in the Connor Cooper Sanctuary.
Speaker 2: It'd be perfect.
Speaker 1: But Wilder seems restless again. I don't want him to call it again. And I saw his herd this morning on the ridge. They were calling to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw him too.
Speaker 5: You know the story of how my grandfather found this land, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: He was coming down the river and veered off down Travis Creek.
Speaker 4: That's right, But that isn't the path he planned to take.
Speaker 5: You see, he had set a path to go further south and turn off on what is now Rock Creek. He was told to land there had richer soil and would be better for a large crop yield.
Speaker 2: Really, but that's all floodplain, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, which makes for good soil in parts of the year, but could never take on cattle.
Speaker 2: We would never have had a ranch then or been this close to the wild horses.
Speaker 5: He was pretty disappointed when he found out he turned off too early, but in the end that was the better path for him and generations after him. Sometimes the forks in the river of our lives are unexpected and not at all what we planned or thought we want for ourselves. But we can find purpose and good in the new path, which you understand.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's kind of what my dad was talking about.
Speaker 4: Think he's learning it too.
Speaker 2: But it still.
Speaker 1: Feels like I'm losing Connor all over again. If I let Wilder go, and it hurts.
Speaker 4: I know it hurts.
Speaker 5: Can't deny that, can entirely take that away, But you're not really losing him. He'd just be on a different path than you. Now, Do you see it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do, I think I have For a while.
Speaker 1: I can see him on that Ridge with his herd being an amazing stallion made for the wild, fierce and strong. I can see him leading them with confidence and gentleness.
Speaker 2: He's so much like Connor Bailey.
Speaker 5: That's how I see you. You know, Wilder's just like you. Really, Yes, looks like you've already made the best first decision in your new role as CFO of Connor Cooper Sanctuary.
Speaker 1: Wow, I guess I did, didn't I I love Wilder so much. I know I have to do what's best for him. Finally saying it out loud feels good.
Speaker 4: That's my girl.
Speaker 1: Hey gee, Pop, I'm going to run ahead back to the barn. I want to spend a little more time with Wilder before doctor Forrest comes.
Speaker 4: Going ahead, we'll catch up. Come on, Rocky, can.
Speaker 6: You grab my popcorn? Shannon?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 7: Popcorn sounds good. Mind if I throw in some chocolate chips?
Speaker 8: No way, my hands always get messy when you do that. Pourse, I'm in your own bowl.
Speaker 7: Fine, or chocolate chips for me, then you go right ahead. What I've got a bit of a sweet tooth lately.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not the only thing that's sweet about you.
Speaker 7: You're going to be fun to have her on more. Oh that must be doctor Forrest. Funny, I didn't hear her truck pull up?
Speaker 8: Knock, doctor Forest. He's always here. Hey, come in, Zoey.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I didn't see anyone in the yard, h missus Cooper. Did you know there's a dead mouse on your doorstep?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't. But that must mean Bob's back.
Speaker 10: Who's Bob?
Speaker 8: He's our wondering barn cat. He's supposed to keep the barn clear of mice.
Speaker 7: I guess he's finally doing his job. We haven't seen him in a couple months.
Speaker 2: But why did he put it on your doorstep? That's kind of creepy. And which celebrity is he supposed to be?
Speaker 5: I can answer that, Oh, hijie Pop not a celebrity. Bob was lovingly named by Bailey after he mysteriously lost his tail. Oh, and he's bringing us his hunt because Bob thinks it's his job to feed us since we're his family. I can't say I missed him in these past couple months.
Speaker 2: That's really sweet. I mean it's totally gross, but also sweet. Is Bailey here?
Speaker 7: She was just taking a shower. I think that's her coming downstairs now.
Speaker 2: Hi, Zoe.
Speaker 10: How was school?
Speaker 2: I can hardly remember.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stop thinking about coming here and what you told me this morning.
Speaker 2: About the grant. Oh, it's so exciting. Oh I hear a truck. It might be doctor Forrest. It's just Alejandro.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just me. Good to see you too, Bailey.
Speaker 1: Hi Alejandro. We're expecting Doctor Forrest any minute.
Speaker 9: I know I was hoping. I wasn't too late. I left right from school. You look nice today, Bailey.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I just took a shower.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Look, doctor Forrest is pulling up now. Mom, Dad, she's here.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Miranda.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, you're all here.
Speaker 2: Hellos.
Speaker 10: I hope everything's still okay with the wild Stallion.
Speaker 6: Yes, from what we can tell.
Speaker 7: We're just all here to support Bailey and help in any way we can.
Speaker 10: That's great, Shannon, y'all are a great family. I love it. Well, let me check him out and then we could talk about what's best for Wilder.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bailey, Okay, that's what I want. What's best for Wilder.
Speaker 10: Your mom says you've gotten pretty close to him, and he lets you handle him somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he lets me scratch him and stem with him while he eats. I can lead him some, but only if Sonny and Jewels aren't around, but even then he's looking for them.
Speaker 10: So well, that's a stallion for you. Can you halter him for me and hold him so I can take a listen?
Speaker 2: Okay, no problem, that's.
Speaker 10: Very good, Bailey. Okay, just keep his head up that way.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: Uh huh huh Okay. His gut sounds are all okay. I can see he's been pacing though, and his heart rate is a little high. I don't think he's at risk of colic right now, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't be again. These things have a habit of building up pretty quickly.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's very happy.
Speaker 10: I can give you my honest opinion, but first, what do you think is best for Wilder?
Speaker 1: Well, I've really loved having him and getting the chance to know him. I'm thankful for everyone's help and getting him healthy and covered from his injury.
Speaker 2: It's really been a team effort.
Speaker 1: And even in deciding what to do now, I've had a lot of help coming to a decision. Thanks Mom for just letting me talk it out without trying to make up my mind for me.
Speaker 4: Of course, Bailey.
Speaker 1: And Dad for showing me that loving someone sometimes means sacrifice, and letting go isn't the same thing as giving up.
Speaker 6: I showed you that me.
Speaker 1: And Gpop. Thanks for helping me see a better future for Wilder and even a better.
Speaker 4: Future for me anytime, Ghiddo.
Speaker 1: And of course Zoe and Alejandro. You both have been so wonderful, not just being there for Wilder, but being there for me.
Speaker 2: Too for sure.
Speaker 1: Of course, so I've decided I don't want to hold Wilder back. I want him to be healthy, I want him to fulfill his purpose of leading that herd, and I know that the best way to love him is to let him go.
Speaker 10: That's very wise of you, Bailey. I think you're right. That's the best thing for this horse, Wilder.
Speaker 2: It's time for you to go back to.
Speaker 9: Your herd now, Bailey, I can hear Sonny in the bar. Do you think he'll go with her nearby? Do you want me to move her to the pastor No.
Speaker 1: Alejandro, even with the mayors in the pasture, he's going to have trouble getting around the east pasture and out.
Speaker 2: To the range. That's why I'm going to show him the way.
Speaker 7: What are you planning, Bailey.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ride Sonny together. We'll lead Wilder to his herd. I'll keep to the pasture side of the fence and Wilder can follow on the outside.
Speaker 7: Are you sure Bailey is that safe?
Speaker 2: Doctor Forrest.
Speaker 10: I had planned to sedate him and drop him off out there, but he's been through a lot lately, and so if he can get there on his feet, that'd be best.
Speaker 7: And for Bailey.
Speaker 10: If Bailey's a confident rider and stays in the pasture, it should be fine.
Speaker 4: It'll be all right, Shannon.
Speaker 5: Bailey's got this and the herd was on the rain just morning calling to him. Once he catches wind of them, he'll head on now.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: I can drive the ATV behind him to push him on too. Okay, Bailey, you just stay on the other side of the fence.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dad, I will Alejandro.
Speaker 1: Can you open the gate to the round pen once I'm on sunny in the pastor yes.
Speaker 9: I can do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll get ready.
Speaker 2: You just say the word, Bailey, Okay, be out in a minute. Want a leg up? I feel like I need a job to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Zoe.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm in position, me too, Shannon, Miranda, come stand on the porch just in case.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sonny, it's time for you and me to be a team again. I've got your back if you've got mine. Okay, Zoe closed the pasture gate behind us, got it, Alejandro, We're ready.
Speaker 6: He's ready too. Here he comes.
Speaker 1: All right, girl, easy, just to ride in the pasture like old times.
Speaker 2: Nice an easy ride.
Speaker 9: He's working, he's following you.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do Sonny. Get up. He's coming up fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking him, Sonny, beautiful?
Speaker 9: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Now, girl, this is the young girl. There's this herd Oh. Look he sees them. Why isn't he going? Go on, Wilder, you're free. You can move on now. You're not meant to stay with me. That's where you're supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Go on.
Speaker 2: That's it, good boy.
Speaker 1: It's okay now, Connor, it's okay. I'm gonna be okay. I'll always miss you always, but I know I'll be okay.
Speaker 6: You were flying, Bailey, nice riding. Thanks you did good.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dad.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna miss him, but at least I'll get to see him from a distance.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of you, Bailey.
Speaker 8: You faced your fears and you did, in fact rescue that horse.
Speaker 2: I guess you're right, Thanks Dad.
Speaker 6: Let's get on back, maybe just a tad slower.
Speaker 2: Okay, we were really galloping, weren't we.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, left me in the dust.
Speaker 2: Here they call missus Cooper All.
Speaker 10: It worked, It worked, Thank goodness, well beat all if it didn't.
Speaker 4: Good for her?
Speaker 10: That was gutsy. I thought you said your oldest was the wild one.
Speaker 7: Yes, he was a wild one, but I think Bailey might just prove to be wilder. She sure is surprising us and maybe even herself.
Speaker 9: Wow, Bailey, I didn't realize you were such a good rider.
Speaker 6: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Sonny and I have had a lot of practice, but it's been a while. I think my legs will be a bit sore.
Speaker 10: You did a great job, Bailey, and I think you'll do great with the Horse Sanctuary when you're starting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad and I are going to run it.
Speaker 10: That's great. And along that reign, I need to talk to you about the surprise your mom and I have for you.
Speaker 2: Really, what is it, mom?
Speaker 7: It's your first rescue?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Already did you know?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 2: G Pop?
Speaker 4: You know how your mom is with surprises.
Speaker 8: I confess she did run it past me, but a CFO of our little operation, I'll give you the final.
Speaker 2: Say, yes, we'll take it.
Speaker 1: I mean I'll need a little more information first.
Speaker 10: Sure. All I know is she's a young mayor that hasn't got a herd that will accept her. She's tried, and she's had a couple of small injuries because of that. I've treated her and she's up to dan on vaccinations. She's pretty wild. But unless this mayor finds even a smaller band to join before the weekend, the rangers are going to pick her up. Hmmm.
Speaker 2: So she's alone.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm. That's right, and that's not healthy or safe for her.
Speaker 6: What do you think, partner, you ready to get started right away?
Speaker 1: I guess we're ready enough. Yeah, I think we should help her. I want to help her, give her a place to belong.
Speaker 10: That's wonderful, Bailey.
Speaker 11: I think you'll do a great job helping horses. I really do, Thanks doctor Forrest. But I think I want to help people too. I've been thinking a lot about this, and I think our sanctuary can do both.
Speaker 7: That's a great idea, Bailey.
Speaker 6: Sounds like we got some plan to do.
Speaker 1: Bailey, Dad, can Zoe and Alejandro work with us too. They're the ones that got me thinking about making our sanctuary a place for people too.
Speaker 6: Sure, if they want to, we'll need some staff anyway.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think? Duh, I'm totally in.
Speaker 1: And to you, Alejandro, do you want to stay on at the farm after the harvest and work for the sanctuary?
Speaker 9: I would love to work with you, Bailey. Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a day and I can't wait for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bailey?
Speaker 7: Can I come in?
Speaker 2: Oh sure? I was just about to go to sleep.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say good night and let you know how proud I am of you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mom.
Speaker 7: I also got you a new journal, or rather a business log of sorts. And don't worry, I didn't draw mister porcupants inside this time.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks mom? This is great. Can I count for school?
Speaker 9: You bet?
Speaker 10: This is a pretty big project.
Speaker 7: I think running a horse sanctuary with your dad is worthy of a whole class.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm pretty serious about it being a way to help peep too, maybe kids who are struggling, you know, horse therapy.
Speaker 10: I love that, Bailey.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be great. I love you.
Speaker 4: Good night?
Speaker 1: Wait mom, yes, would you please draw mister porky Pants in my new journal?
Speaker 10: Sure I will.
Speaker 4: Here m yeah, and all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Thanks, love you, mom, love you. Hello, mister porky pants. Oh let me just add a little tie. This is a professional journal, after all. That's better. Day one.
Speaker 1: Our first horse arrived today at the Connor Cooper Sanctuary, and it's a beautiful start to a wonderful dream. We're gonna save horses in all honor of Connor. But I'm also going to find my own path. I'm going to help kids in my own therapy program. I think i'll call it Wilder Dreams.
Speaker 4: Streams Ofcye
Speaker 11: Find Jay to Me.