Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess Hilarious is out. What's up long, la Rosa? Good morning y'all, charlamagnets to the planet. Is Friday, Yes, it's Friday. Laurence started her weekend already.
Speaker 3: She was out.
Speaker 2: She's lit. She didn't even know she parked her car here last night.
Speaker 3: Oh you know you parked your car here? I right now, going that young dumb stuff.
Speaker 4: No, I left my car in the parking lot here yesterday, going to be safe and uber.
Speaker 2: But she forgot. She didn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't this money.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I woke up and was like, where's my car? Then I was like, oh so.
Speaker 3: You uber went? I balked your car. Uber where you went? Then ubert home from the place you was at. Yeah, that's probably was smart.
Speaker 4: I was, no, it was smart because I was at Saint last night in the city. Is a black on spot in the city and it is lit. But Nanila does a Thursday Ladies night where she DJs. Oh it was it was good. It was great last night. Nyla not really will have you.
Speaker 3: She can really dj what that's dope dropping the She'll be joining us later today for past the past.
Speaker 6: The US's right, I kept passing the drinks all right?
Speaker 2: How you feeling shot up?
Speaker 3: I am blessed Black and Holly Favorite, happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners. We have an amazing show for you to day. These are the type of shows that I really really love. Well, the type of shows I really love are the shows that are like ratchet and righteous, meaning no, we give you a little bit of both. We definitely have that this morning because Jasmine Crocket will be joining us.
Speaker 2: What side of shiehorn I thought you?
Speaker 3: Jaman is definitely both? Roncludes Mond for Jasmin Crockett. She'll be joining us later this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, she's a congress woman from Texas. You know her because she gets to pop and she holds nothing back when she's on that floor. Yeah, recently she got into an argument. It's not even the most recent thing. But what was the most recent? I mean, I don't remember, but it wasn't that. But Jacksmin's always got something going on. I mean, Jackman's a pretty frequent visitor to the breakfast class, right, She'll be joining us this morning. And also we have the CEO of Red Lobster. He's a brother, he's thirty six years old. His name is the Adam Locan Adam. Yes, uh you know, so I know I said that wrong.
Speaker 3: But and it's funny, right because you know, sometimes you'll ask us like, you know, what's your favorite interviewer? Who do you want to interview? And you're like, I don't know, yeah, you don't even be thinking about it. Yeah, but when I saw him on the schedule, I was like, oh, I absolutely want to talk to that brother. You know, he's thirty six years old. He's a Nigerian American. He was CEO of PF Chang turned them around. Now he's CEO of a Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So, yes, a very informative show you will get this morning.
Speaker 6: He went to Brown too, he played football there. I remember that, ye round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ivy League school. Yeah, sure did. All right, Well let's get the show crack and we got Front page News. More than to be joining us, And don't forget. You can get it off your chest if you want to start calling right now. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ.
Speaker 2: N V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, Lonloroso filling in for jests. Let's get in some front page news. What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 6: Is this Friday?
Speaker 7: And V Charla Maine.
Speaker 2: And now before you jump right in, Morgan, I just want to say, Victim Weinbiyama, he will miss the remainder of this season. They said he has a blood clot in his right shoulder, so he will miss the remainder of this season NBA basketball.
Speaker 3: That's a big blow, especially to the San Antonios first and the league as a whole, because you know, he's one of the rising stars in the NBA.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: And they just made that trade for uh with Darren Fox from Sacramento, so they was they was going to be that was about the ball out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, he was diagnosed with vain thrombosis, which is, like you said, a blood cott.
Speaker 3: And that isn't Chris bosh As something like that or my tripper, what was Chris? You looked that up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was gonna say that. I believe that has sat down some quite a few players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris had, Chris bosh had, yeahrocious.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all, let's get into it.
Speaker 8: So President Trump hosted a reception at the White House honoring Black History Month yesterday. So during the event, Trump claimed he received more votes from black Americans than any other Republican president ever, while jokingly asking the crowd he should run again.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: The ceremony comes as the administration has been cracking down on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, with Trump issuing an executive order last month ending the federal government's DEI programs.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: Following that that order, the Department of Defense also came out with guidance declaring Identity months dead, so there will be no Pride Month, no Black History Month. But Trump was joined on stage by golf legend Tiger Woods as a as well as several prominent black.
Speaker 3: Tiger Woods stop being black. I thought Tiger Wood never wanted to be black. I thought he was comblination. Yo.
Speaker 6: They said, if he blame, why can't be black?
Speaker 9: Listen?
Speaker 8: Okay, So Tiger Woods was there, Several other black prominent figures were there.
Speaker 7: Supposedly Kodak Black.
Speaker 6: Kodak was there.
Speaker 10: Koa q.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say he pardoned them. So there's that.
Speaker 8: But let's take a listen to Trump's remarks during the Black History Months ceremony at the White House.
Speaker 11: Today, we paid tribute to the generations of black legends, champions, warriors, and patriots who helped drive our country forward to greatness.
Speaker 3: And you really are.
Speaker 11: Great, great people, What a great, nice group of I.
Speaker 2: Have some people in front of me every once in a while, with.
Speaker 11: All the problems that are caused all over the world.
Speaker 2: They're not nice.
Speaker 11: They're not nice, but we're making but we're making them nice, I can tell you that. And we're making them nice rapidly.
Speaker 7: What making them nice and making them nice rapidly.
Speaker 8: So during his speech, he also spoke about the Garden of Heroes, which is located along the National Mall, saying the space will be the new home to statues, bus plaques, and other markers celebrating heroic figures in American history. Of course, that includes some iconic black figures that t hear more from Trump on the Garden of Heroes.
Speaker 11: The garden will predominantly feature incredible women like Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, and Coretta Scott King, and I will showcase extraordinary. It will be something very extraordinary. It's gonna be producing. We're going to produce some of the most beautiful works of art in the form of a statue for men like Frederick Douglas, Booker, T. Washington, Jackie Jackie Robinson. What a great athlete that was, Martin Luther King Jr. Muhammad Ali usually not a bad athlete.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 11: Muhammad not too bad? And the late Kobe Bryant. People love Colby.
Speaker 7: You guys his thoughts.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: So that's the Black History Month ceremony at the White House.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh so this comes at the same time the wild White House is marking one month officially since President Trump has been back in office. Officials touted accomplishments in immigration and the economy achieved by Trump since its inauguration. Let's hear more from White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt and White House Deputy Chief of Staff Steven Miller with more comments about the president's first month in office.
Speaker 3: Today marks one month of President Trump's return to the oval office, and there is no denying this administration is off to a historic start.
Speaker 12: No president comes close to what Donald Trump has achieved over just the last thirty days. He has packed eight years of transformative action, restoring this nation, restoring our laws, restoring fairness, restoring economic opportunity, restoring national security.
Speaker 7: Restoring is relative depending on who you are.
Speaker 8: But the National Economic Council Director Kevin Hassett and CEO said CEO confidence is that it's highest it's been in years. National Security Advisor Mike Walls also noted that the US has been in a c change in its foreign policy since Trump's return to office. So what do you guys think. I mean, it's been a month. We've seen a lot. There's been a lot of executive orders that have come down. A lot of those have also been blocked.
Speaker 3: It's just been a lot of chaos and a lot of mess over the past month, especially in regards to what Dolge is doing. But you know what, you asked us something earlier, You asked us what we thought about, uh, his White House? What it was? It was the honoring Black Christry month with the White House, and it did just come to me. I'm not impressed by any of that symbolism from any president, regardless of what party they're from. Democrat, are Republican, like the statues you know in the garden. That's cool, but I want something. I always want something tangible for the black community, like plant some money trees in the black community, plant some money trees in the hood. That's what That's what my mind is always at when it comes to when you ask me that. That's why I was just like, I don't. I don't think anything of it because I'm never impressed by symbolism from any party, just statues. Okay, I'm not mad at the statues though, I'm not mad at that, but that ain't what is that?
Speaker 2: Okay. The reason I say I'm not mad at that is is because if you are ever a child and you got to tour the White House, you never seen anything that looked like you. So the fact that you've seen people that look like you in statues and the fact that they have Barack Obama and Michelle Obama and things that look like you, that that reflect where you're from. I'm not mad at sure, but.
Speaker 3: I always want something more for the black community. I want something tangible. I want you. I want something that's really going to improve our condition.
Speaker 4: And I hope them black kids get there. Because he don't like to include us and things. You remember, he's getting ready of DEI everywhere.
Speaker 3: And you know, like I said, plants some money trees, and plants some money trees in the hood, like give us something tangible that can actually improve our condition. Like I always say, it was systemic things that you know, put you know, Black people in the position that we're in. And it's gonna be systemic things that help us to get out. So that's where my mind is always that, regardless of who's in the White House.
Speaker 2: All right, And as far as the first thirty days, Jasmine Cracker to be here next hour, and I'm sure she'll break down. The first thirty days is very true. All right, Well, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 7: All Right, see y'all at seven. We'll talk see Pac twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one is the breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five five one. Want to hear from you on the breakfast club? Allow, who's this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a spike, spike, what's up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Charlston U DJM the other day he held Drake down. It went viral. You was defending Drake the whole time. I just want to deal with my chest. Charlomagne and Jesse hilarious. I need to cut drinks some slack. Well, Charlamagne, you never gonna cut drink no slack. But Jesse hilarious. You just got to the radio station. You gotta cut Drakes some slack. You you didn't even listen to the album and he was announcing it. He was like, I didn't even listen to it, but you was giving it bad reviews. Made no sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the album is not for me. You know what I'm saying. I've never liked when Drake saying. I've always said that I'm on record size. I don't like when Drake sings No.
Speaker 13: That's why I can't even you. You've been already your stance always, Donna like that forever with Drake. They don't got any It's not even about the battle, but just hilarious. She let Kendrick lamall change perception on Drake, and that's scary. We don't need nobody to have nobody to change nobody reception.
Speaker 2: I want to say, is I wasn't. I wasn't as necessarily, I don't have a dog in this fight. But you have an owl. I don't have an I don't have an owl in this battle either.
Speaker 3: Down I just like that.
Speaker 2: I just like to be fair and and to see what the world has done. The drake is crazy like but they love him one day and he was the savior one day, but the next day they hate him.
Speaker 6: But we can't now back to day.
Speaker 3: I don't mind.
Speaker 6: I have no issue with him.
Speaker 3: You're drunk, but we can't conflate all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: What you mean, Yeah, she she just walked.
Speaker 6: I don't even know who she is.
Speaker 3: That Laura la Rosa. But listen, we don't need to conflate any of these things. I'm just simply talking about the album. I ain't talking about nothing else. This ain't got none to do it, no feelings, But we're talking about the album.
Speaker 13: Make sure y'all play that no kid, that song.
Speaker 3: Is a big kid.
Speaker 13: That's that's the boss for the summer. That's all I'm trying to say. We were going to a different place for music, real up tempo, real bobby, real music to skate too. We're gonna bring back the skates.
Speaker 2: He days, Okay, I'm gonna get that record on for you this morning.
Speaker 13: Brother, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Man, be interesting to see if no kid go go because I thought the record was hissing and sexy Red was going go go and it was like a cultural hit but not a radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you said that, But I promise you that Summer Outside that was the.
Speaker 3: Song which one yeah, I said it was. It was a cultural hit, but not on the charts.
Speaker 2: That was a big record in the clubs. Hello, who's this? What's up? Trap?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 3: Lauren hat Trav? How you doing?
Speaker 2: You just off today?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 10: See all today? Okay, okay, okay, what's up?
Speaker 3: Why you sound extra sassy this morn real fast?
Speaker 13: He said something extra sassy.
Speaker 10: I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a bottom this morning. Oh wow, listen y'all talking about culture.
Speaker 15: Actually I got like three, I got like three before you.
Speaker 10: You ain't got to take the Brexit red some hooks though.
Speaker 3: That's gonna get you, right, I promise you. Listen listening, Trave really.
Speaker 6: Can write tell us somebody about you.
Speaker 4: Last night, Trave, I swear it was I have a friend from a label, and I was telling him like yo, because they were talking about writers. I was like, I got somebody that can probably make that situation better. Y'all don't know him, but you shouldn't know my thank you.
Speaker 3: I was, It's only a matter of time for traving. I'm not even worried about traft.
Speaker 13: I always appreciate you.
Speaker 10: I always looking at appreciate you'll.
Speaker 3: But did you get bottom up last night? What happened? Bros? Gone out of your voice?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 3: What happened? Trap?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 2: Seriously, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I sound like, how are you calling to talk about Jake Cole this morning?
Speaker 10: Charmage?
Speaker 3: Are you a gang? Are you a verse type?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The reason he says, he just said Charlemagne just sound different?
Speaker 3: What about j Cole? He put out the regul last night. I ain't listen to it yet.
Speaker 2: Though, Yes, called Cloud.
Speaker 15: Drop some bars, y'all. Make sure y'all go listen to some real keen, gractable rapping. Okay, because my boy is rapping again, like he's general and cutting again. Though, make sure you go listen to my man dropping these bars happened, but he rapped Trap.
Speaker 3: We all got respectful cold, we got respect for Cold's lyricism. But Kendrick Lamar is the king of rap and you need to cut it out. And you know that now that now you better cut it. Just to stop right now by trave gonna listen to the song those art I will, but I still know that they ain't gonna make him the king. Okay, get it off your chest, Jacole. You know Ja Cole had an opportunity to be king, but he bowed out. Eight one five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Hit us up. Now it's the breakfast club in morning, the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blast. I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way you dress.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: When he is best, call up new eight hundred five eight five five one ship.
Speaker 3: I'm with the coach of Philip. Hello. Who's this? Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 10: My name is Will.
Speaker 3: How y'all doing?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 17: Brother?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 18: I'm just a little upset of Anthony Edwich photograph for talking to Obama like that, man, Like if y'all really dissect the whole situation, he wasn't playing at all. Obama was really just trying to start a conversation with him, you know what I'm saying, and he took.
Speaker 3: It way left, like he did it call Lebrono.
Speaker 13: That's why when he called Lebrono where he's like, man, y'all.
Speaker 10: Talking to this young man, Like why is he talking to me like that?
Speaker 18: Like that's the first black president, bro like Jeffy but nah manna man.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, listen, Brocca is the first black president. But he's still a man, and he's an og half a black man who's also a hooper.
Speaker 2: He's a hoop.
Speaker 3: He didn't even take nothing.
Speaker 2: He didn't even he wasn't even offended by it.
Speaker 3: He's a hoop. He actually told Anthony at the end of the conversation that's how you supposed to feel.
Speaker 18: Man, go back to the very end when when he was telling him good back, Anthony was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, like completely.
Speaker 2: He hops they talking trash to each other.
Speaker 3: But you know why though, because Obama little of them. Here's the thing. You know, if I'm talking to you right now, I'd be like, oh, I see you got your little car. You know what I'm saying. I see you with your little your little your little new sneakers on Obama hit him with a little Obama a young.
Speaker 18: Boy, in my opinion, In my opinion, he was just trying to start a conversation with a young man like Charam Layne. How would you feel if your if he was your son, and your son spoke to the president like that? Like would you be happy if he spoke to him that in that kind of way?
Speaker 3: And that and that in that context, I would have no problem with it because they talking basketball, They talking hoops, man, like what we're talking about here? Like Obama was messing with him, and Anthony gave him that energy back like I don't see the problem.
Speaker 2: I don't see a problem.
Speaker 13: Okay, Okay, we agree to disagreement.
Speaker 18: But I love y'all doing. I was listening to y'all every morning. Man, y'all have a good one.
Speaker 3: Yes, this conversation is really silly to me. Obama knew what he was doing. Obama, That's why Obama was like, what's up with this guy? All right? Right, y'all got a little game to him?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 2: What he's doing about? I would say, I got your side sneaking in the call. We can go play right now.
Speaker 6: In more than any other words, ain't nothing over here, little at all. You're right, Yeah, I'm good drunk.
Speaker 1: Hello, Who's This's DC from Texas?
Speaker 3: Man, what's up?
Speaker 10: Breadford Blood?
Speaker 2: What's up? DC? Get it off his chest?
Speaker 3: Brother, Man.
Speaker 10: I've just been in in a space and I've been hearing everybody saying all this stuff, you know, the politics and everything, and I think if as the black people, man, we ought to ship ship our energy to trying to understand and kind of let the stuff play out, man, because to me, nobody, nobody is happy with what's going on. And I just I've been in a space where I'm thinking, like, you know, change is always radical and always looks it always looks real bad in the beginning, but hopefully eventually, you know, it'll all shake out, because like you know, we had President Linde B. Johnson years ago saying I don't have those in words those Democrats for the next four hundred years, and now look where we're at with it, and it's like, you know, sometimes we might need to do something different just because like we keep getting the same results with with the other party. And I'm not I'm not advocating for any party, but I'm just saying, like in this instance, right now, with all this stuff going on, I think God shift our focus to not being so crooical and preparing ourselves to work with what we have going on because it's here like we can't change it. Ripen and moaning about it and saying everything he does is not going to help us out. And I think our country is isn't a place to where you know, you can listen to you can you can tell who's somebody voting for, about what news stations they walked to, what radio is to do. There's nobody that's you know, that's that's that's sharing both sides. And I think that's part of the problem when you just have one side always talking down about one side to the other side, you know, right versa. So I just believe that if we try to, you know, work with what we got going on, we might can see it a little more progress.
Speaker 3: Hey, I hear you. You know what I'm saying, And I don't disagree, but I will say this, man, I don't know what color these federal workers are that are losing their jobs.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 3: When I was in Maryland a couple of weeks and weekends ago for my daughter's cheerleading competition. There was black people, white people, Asian people walking up to me telling me how you know, they're losing their job or they potentially will lose their job. And for me, all I ever want any government official to do is make sure that American people got some money in their pocket and to make sure that they feel safe and secure. You can't do that when you know you don't you don't have a job. So that's all that's all I ever care about. That's right. So when I see these people complaining, it don't matter to me what race they are, don't matter to me what party they are. These are people who can't feed their families. These are people who can't keep a roof over their head because according to data, fifty nine percent of Americans are considering one pay check away from being broke. When you see these tens of thousands of people losing their jobs, that's what I care about. I want to fix that. I want to store that down. I don't want that to happen once again, regardless of who's in the White House.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We got just with the mess coming up, Yes we do.
Speaker 4: Angela Bassett is finally speaking out about her viral at the Oscars in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Not a Great time Last night drunk.
Speaker 4: Basically, listen, Angela Basket. Is Angela Basket telling y'all about She's telling y'all leave her alone. Okay, she deserves to be disappointed. She deserved that Oscar's Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, we blame this. Now, let's take you out. We got to have a conversation with nieces Man. All right, we'll get to I know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club Board, the Breakfast Club, Good morning, Everybody's t J n V, Jess hilarious, charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Jess with the mess you use.
Speaker 7: Is real, whether it's Marius, Jessica, Robbin Moore, just don't do.
Speaker 2: No lines, don't do talk Nobody talk.
Speaker 3: Them ro why Jess worldwide mass.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: He's the Coaches Shows with Lauren Lauren Ros. I'm and I got the mess talked Timmy talk drunkie.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought and was going to bring it in or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Angela, No, I'm not stopped saying that Angela Bassett. Y'all remember in twenty twenty three, we thought, well, now she she's going on to win some awards. But we thought that Angela Bassett was going to finally get her Oscar. In twenty twenty three for Wakanda, she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in that lane. In the category at the time too, was Jamie Lee Curtis, who actually ended up winning the award, And when it was announced, the camera payed to her, to Angela Bassett, and her reaction was she was visibly like upset. You could tell that she was upset, and normally when this happened, especially with a big name like that, you know the camera's gonna pay to you, you don't really react anyway that can be taken away or made news. And it was a complete opposite. So it became such a big story of her reaction, especially because it had been years and years and years of her being invited to the Oscars, her being deserving of an award and not being nominated. So people felt like, y'all keep playing in her face and people were upset about it. She was upset about it. Jonathan Majors and Michael Jordan actually came out and showed her some love. Right after that happened, he Yautie, we love you. And that became like a viral moment as well too, because people were flooding her Instagram comments. We were all over Twitter, news, a list wherever we could say, yo, we love Angela Bassett, and she deserved that people were saying it. Now after this, she sat down and talked to Oprah. After that moment when viral, Angela Bassett sat down and talked to Oprah, and she said that she was gobsmacked, like she was basically really caught off guard and disappointed. But now she's opening up. She's talking to Town in the Country magazine. She's promoting a show called Zero Days that she's in on Netflix, and in this interview she tells them it's a written interview. She tells them that she felt like she wasn't allowed to be disappointed, that people literally wrote articles about her and had so much to say about the fact that she as a human person was visibly disappointed and she should have been allowed to be disappointed in that moment. I love that she said that because she kept it all in for so long, kept it really cute.
Speaker 6: And very classy, as she always does.
Speaker 4: But I love to hear her say I deserve to be able to feel in that moment and y'all need to leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Angela Bastard is the woman in the garden. She deserves it all, Okay, And I'm biased when it comes to Angela basket because the reality is she should have won in nineteen ninety four for what's love got to do with it? So I personally believe she should win everything everywhere, all the time. Not only is she one of the most incredible actresses ever, she's one of the most beautiful creations God has ever designed. Going to clues bombs to Angela Bassett.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, absolutely right. I mean Hollywood is so fake. What am I supposed to just smile as somebody gets in the war that I worked hard for and I think I deserve. Yes, I can show emotion. I could be pissed off. That doesn't mean I don't I don't, you know, feel happy for you. Yeah, I'm pissed off out of it.
Speaker 3: I could be. I think sometimes people mistake that for hate hating on you because you won. But I damn sure wanted to win. Yes, like at the end of games when teams lose, they be having their head down the kicking gatorade buckets, slamming stuff on the floor. Nobody else says, damn man, they acting like so it loses, no, like nobody wants to lose.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to you, but I wanted to wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And she went on and to win, you know, other awards, and actually ended up getting her Academy Award after that. But she did mention she said, I love applauding people, but in that moment she talks about that she felt like she put in the hard work to be recognized. And she said, uh, she said, I thought I had put in the work, and then she corrected herself. She said, no, I had put in, put in the time, put in the good work over time. I didn't think that that was a gift. I thought it was a given, basically, like if I'm doing the work, how y'all don't see me type of thing. And I think a lot of people love to act like that doesn't matter. So I love to hear her speak about this, especially at the point that she's at in her career. And she said it was a tough one because you know, She's really respected amongst her peers, but he felt like the establishment at that time didn't respect her.
Speaker 2: Auntie, she well deserves. She deserves everything she gets.
Speaker 3: They Audie just don't have the taste that they think they have, because how do you not award her? In nineteen ninety four, Fords Love Got to Do It one of the most iconic roles ever. People look at that and think that, you know how long I thought that was Tina Turner? Actually I was young and I ain't know. I thought she was actually Tina Turner. But at the end of the movie they showed her real Tina. But even when they showed her real Tina, you gotta rub your eyes a little bit like.
Speaker 4: Oh, did you also think that she really burned the car down?
Speaker 2: To Oh? Of course?
Speaker 3: And waiting next?
Speaker 6: Hell, come on, man, absolutely, I love that.
Speaker 2: What you got next?
Speaker 19: Is that?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Is that really finally spoke out following being basically proven that or I don't know, I wouldn't No, I was going to say basically being proven as a liar, But I can't say that.
Speaker 2: But what did the speak out to say?
Speaker 4: So after asap, Rocky was proved was found not guilty in the shooting of acep Lly. He posted something with ig story said, gossip as a form of entertainment for people who have no meaningful goals or purpose in life. Hate me, bring shame to my name, say bad things about me. I don't care. Your existence doesn't add any value in my life.
Speaker 3: Now in the art, I know, social media when crazy. They were like, godsman, what about I know they went crazy.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say in the article that pinpointed this, they did mention your dounky today that you gave him no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so maybe saw that too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's seen that, and I'm sure that that upset them because yes, if he lied on the stand correct.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, so there was there were things that were debunked on the sand of the Ha said. And I will say, as we are wrapping up to that, I did reach out to Joe Tacopina, a SAPs attorney. You know, I said this before I went out last night, and he he did tell me that. Right now, they're putting together transcripts because they want to submit it to the people the establishing the establishments. That may be because they do want to push for a perjury. They want to make sure that that.
Speaker 2: I feel like anybody that lies on that stand, that tries to put somebody away, that tries to sue, somebody that lies to gain for themselves should have to face the music.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, except Joe trying to make.
Speaker 2: Sure to stop people from lying on the stand.
Speaker 6: I mean that's a that's a known thing, that perjury is the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but most people, but most people, when they do that, there's no consequences for them.
Speaker 3: Think about it, everybody. Perjury is definitely consequences of perjury. You're under a perjury.
Speaker 2: A lot of people at that purge understand nothing ever happens.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: I think you're talking about the Purge, the movie or something.
Speaker 3: I think you mean lying about I think you're talking about lying about allegations. Period. That's what you're talking about. You get on that stand and you lie and commit perjury, you're gonna get You're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Well he should get in trouble. All right, Well that's just with the mess you Yeah, I'm good. Come backwards from ten five three one. He said, all right, well we come back. We got front page News and the Jasmine Crockett congressmen from Texas will be joining us. We'll talk to her next uncle anywhere. It's breakfast club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast club. Good morning everybody with DJ Envy Jess, hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club law on the ROSA filing and for jests, and let's get in some front page news. If you're dietn't listened early as felt when Beyama he will have missed the remainder of the season. He has a blood clot in his right shoulder. Damn, so he will miss that. And also Milwaukee Bucks Bobby Portois, he was suspended twenty five games for violating the NBA's anti drug policy. All right, what up Morgan?
Speaker 7: All right, y'all.
Speaker 8: So a federal judge says President Trump's mass firings of government employees can continue for now. Multiple labor unions recently filed a lawsuit trying to block the administration's layoffs of thousands of probationary employees, while on Thursday, a judge denied that bid, saying the federal court was not the appropriate avenue.
Speaker 7: For their lawsuit. So if they can file the lawsuit is just not with the feeds.
Speaker 8: Despite the denial, the judge did indicate that he was sympathetic to the Union, saying many of Trump's executive orders caused disruption and even chaos and widespread quarters of American society switching gears. To the Conservative Political Action Conference also known as SEAPAC twenty twenty five that's underway, Vice President JD. Vance he spoke, and he talked about President Trump's efforts to slash federal spending and at the political conference that bills itself as the most influential gathering of conservatives in the world now. Vance also spoke about Trump's efforts to end the war in Ukraine with Russia. Let's hear more from Vice President Vance at SEAPAC twenty twenty five.
Speaker 19: I think all of us are sitting around and asking, what the hell are we doing with the American people's money for the last four years.
Speaker 2: Let's turn off.
Speaker 19: The spigot and spend the American people's tax money on the American people's priority. And that's of course been a big focus in the administration too. He wants the killing to stop, he wants to bring lasting peace to Europe. He doesn't just want to stop it now and have the war restart a month from now. He wants to bring lasting peace to Europe.
Speaker 8: So Vance also talked about Trumps immigration policy, saying drug traffickers free in this country is over with Trump back in office. This year's gathering is expected to be a celebration of President Trump's MAGA movement after Republicans sweeping victory in November. Trump is also scheduled to speak at the conference on Saturday. Other speakers expected to grace the States or House Speaker Mike Johnson, Senators Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, and Bordersar Tom Polman, speaking of which Ukrainian President Zelensky says he did have a productive meeting with President Trump's envoy to Russia and Ukraine. In a post on ex Zelensky said he is grateful to the United States for all the assistants and bipartisan support for Ukraine and the Ukrainian people now.
Speaker 7: Earlier this week, US officials met with.
Speaker 8: Russia to discuss the end of its war with Ukraine, and Zelensky's meeting with Keith Kellogg came a day after he called Trump.
Speaker 7: He and Trump went back and forth over those talks.
Speaker 8: Now Trump called Zelensky a dictator without elections, while Ukrainian leader Zelensky said Trump is living in this disinformation bubble. So the drama kind of continues, but we're going to ease back a little bit and BPC politically correct. Bringing things to New York. Governor Kathy Hokel is deciding not to remove New York City Mayor Eric Adams from office, but she is putting limits on his power now. Hockel says she's troubled by the allegations against the mayor. She is proposing legislation to create a special Inspector General to manage the city's affairs and give the city Council Speaker, comptroller, and public advocate independent authority to take legal action against the federal government. Let's hear more from New York Governor Kathy Hokul.
Speaker 20: Not just the initial indictment, but also the more recent allegation of a quid pro quo with the Trump administration. The State Inspector General we be able to direct the New York City Department of Investigations, and the Mayor will only be able to move the Department Investigations Commissioner with the approval of the State Inspector General. The Trump administration has said is already trying to use the legal jeopardy facing Our mayor has leveraged to squeeze and punish our city. The President's already trying to weaken our public transit system.
Speaker 7: She's talking about the congestion price and she's still about that.
Speaker 8: So Hoko believes that the will of the voters preclude her power to remove him. She says she wants to expand funding to the state promptroller for city oversights, so she's gonna limit those the powers that be for mayor.
Speaker 2: Eric's crazy. That's that's like, yeah, you're not grounded, but you can't lead a house. That's pretty much what they're saying, like, Yeah, that's The're not gonna take you out, but we're gonna watch what you do and limit what you can do. So he's so basically he doesn't have full control as mayth.
Speaker 7: No he does not, No, no, that would not be the case.
Speaker 2: So you might as well take him out. If he can't do everything he's supposed to be doing as a man, you might as well just take him out.
Speaker 6: If it might be something, because they're trying to push him to just resign.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was gonna say, it sounds like it could be a you know, a push to resign or you know they push him out to resign. To your point, Lauren, absolutely, and just switching gears to another story out of New York.
Speaker 7: Very sad.
Speaker 8: Six upstate New York corrections officers are now facing murder charges and the death of an inmate caught on body cam. Now the six officers charged with murder and three others accused of manslaughter for not stopping the December attack where they were arraigned after a special prosecutor unsealed the charges on Thursday.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Robert Brooks was the inmate.
Speaker 8: He was killed during a vicious attack inside the Marcie Correctional facility. The state released bodycam video around that the time of the special prosecutor was appointed. It appears to show officers restraining, kicking, and beating Brooks and more. All of the officers had bail set at one hundred thousand dollars or less. This is a developing story, so I will continue to keep you guys posted on this, but very very, you know, very said, let's continue to say his name, Robert Brooks.
Speaker 7: That's your front page news.
Speaker 8: Happy Friday, y'all, on Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at binnews dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Morgan Morgan. Now when we come back, Jasmine Crockett will be joining us. She's the congress woman from the Texas and we're gonna talk to her next. It don't go anywhere as the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Only everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: One of the best messages in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: That's right, we have you women, Jasmine Crockett, welcome.
Speaker 4: Back one morning. I am you be clapping back, you bet, wake up by you. But we don't have any hearings this early. I just want to be weird. Nothing starts before ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: How are you? First and foremost? How you feeling?
Speaker 6: I'm over it?
Speaker 4: It's only been what has it been thirty days? Yet this this fool is driving me crazy.
Speaker 3: You eat sleeper this though? Like do you mean like do you do never? Like just turn off, turn the TV off? Like everything, Like, you know what, I don't want to think about it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do nothing as much as I don't want to think about it. I definitely stop watching the news as much as I used to.
Speaker 6: But people are like DM and me. They're sending me emails, We're constantly getting phone calls. So no, I don't turn off.
Speaker 2: Is there anything good that this administration has done so far, anything that you can say, well, at least that's a good day.
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 3: Not nothing. I thought Bernie Sanders post yesterday about uh, he likes what Trump is attempting to do with the Pentagon by auditing them and stuff.
Speaker 4: Like that, attempting let's see it happen. Here's the reality. I serve on the Oversight Committee. That's where all the drama typically happens. And we've had Department of Defense come before us a number of times. The vast majority of the waste brought in abuse that we have in this country is Department of Defense. You can google and find out that at some point in time we were spending like one thousand dollars per toilet or something. So that's where we see these inflated costs. That's where we have a lot of contractors. That's where they play a lot of games. That's where Elin gets. The vast majority of his money is out of defense. And when they come before us and we ask them about their audit, they haven't had a clean audit in the last six times we've asked for an audit. So the fact that they're going to start with people that are getting six dollars a day to eat, or they want to go after the little old lady that's just trying to get her little health care and they believe that that's what the savings is. That's not where the say, nor is it going after career civil servants and saying, oh, let me take your coins, let me take your job.
Speaker 6: Because when we add.
Speaker 4: Up, even if we fired everybody that works for the federal government, it's only maybe four or five percent of our budget, but over or approximately fifty percent of our discretionary budget is defense and they can't pass an audit. So why we didn't start there where Elon has decided that he was going to get two new contracts just in two weeks, one for four hundred million dollars to Tesla, another for a little over three hundred million dollars to SpaceX. I don't know why we didn't start there, but it seems like we could find a lot of waste, brought an abuse because again they've not been able to pass an audit.
Speaker 3: School school me on this too, Right, Bill Clinton did the National Partnership for Reinventing Government. He essentially Elon's saying, he's essentially doing the same thing Bill Clinton did. As far as, like, you know, making the government smaller or more efficient, what do you say to that, what's the difference what Clinton did in the nineties.
Speaker 6: And so there's a lot that's different. But I do want to start with because I actually looked at the numbers. We really work kind of big.
Speaker 4: We actually had more people working in the federal government when Bill Clinton was in office initially than we have now.
Speaker 6: You know, the differences. The country's just a little bit bigger, right, So chances.
Speaker 4: Are you would need more. And we're talking about the people that are delivering your mail. You're talking about the people because all y'all about to start calling us somema someone I ain't got my tax refund check?
Speaker 6: Okay, So like.
Speaker 4: Firing the irs, we're talking about, you know, the people that do FAA. So the planes don't fall out the sky, right, So we have a lot more going on, and we literally don't even have as many people as we had working when he came in, so we were a little kind of bloated when it came down to it. But also all presidents should have advisors, and that's essentially what.
Speaker 6: He had, was an advisor.
Speaker 4: What they have said is that Elon is the one that cut off the specket of money like this is after money was appropriated and then he's like, oh no, no, no, you can't get that money. And now people are dying in other countries because USAID has stopped. And I want to be clear about something. You can shut down USAID if you want to, but that has to be done congressionally.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's number one. Number two, USAID is less than one percent of our budget. So they over here talking about some oh.
Speaker 4: They had and out condoms and they doing this and all this kind of stuff. It's literally less than one percent of our budget because they don't want you to pay attention to the over ninety nine percent of the budget, where yes, I would say most of the waste, fraud, and abuse is actually still at the hands of somebody like Eli Musk, like these bootleg trucks that he decided that he was going to sell the federal government. I think maybe at one hundred thousand dollars. I don't know what the price is per truck or whatever. But he's selling these trucks at the same time that he's getting rid of all the people that were conducting investigations over him about Tesla, investigations about SpaceX.
Speaker 6: He got rid of all those people. And even in that interview that Trump.
Speaker 4: Just did, he's like, asked by Fox News of all places, right, He's asked, well, you know who's going to oversee Elon and make sure his conflicts are good?
Speaker 6: He's like, oh, Elon is like, I mean, because I got a whole body.
Speaker 4: Of people that's over me, Like I don't just get to decide what it's like right and wrong, and honestly, I'm not allowed to take any money, Like I have to live a very poor life right now, right, like you'reid.
Speaker 6: I could be getting paid.
Speaker 4: I've made more money before, I will make more money up right now.
Speaker 6: I am living not in the overflow. No, I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, listen, no, no, no, And I had to shut them down because first they said that I had a husband.
Speaker 6: No husband, y'all.
Speaker 4: First they said I had a husband, and they said that I was paying him half a million dollars to keep me safe. And people were like he should be doing it for free. And I was like, I don't know if y'all mix up the playground home or if y'all just think every black girl that comes to Congress brings a husband who has to live off. That's not what it is. Okay, no husband, never been married, never been engaged. A right, that's number one. So then they said, well, she's worth nine million dollars and she's got all these homes.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: When I first got to Congress, about two weeks in, there was a case that I've been working for seven years. It was a civil rights case, one of my last two civil rights cases, and I still got one pen in. So just so y'all know, if I gotta resign, I'm a resigned.
Speaker 6: But nevertheless it goes to trial, I'm unable to participate.
Speaker 4: Because I'm not supposed to be. But I'm in this wine down period. It actually hits for about twenty two million dollars. So ethic says, you can't collect your attorneys feel on that at all. Now, mind you, I worked this case before I ever ran for Congress, right, so like that gives you an idea of how far they go when it comes to the contry.
Speaker 6: No, but here's the deal. I would have resigned and I will.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not going to play with my money like y'all tripping, because I worked on that case for seven years. It was against a very small city that literally can't pay it. Now, if for some reason they go find the coins, then absolutely, I'm resigning, forcing a special election and I'll win.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: But I do have another one that is penning, and it's pinning against the city of Dallas, and the officer in that case actually played guilty. If the City of Dallas does pay up, you heard it here. First, You're resigning and it will be a seven figure payday for me because as an attorney, yeah, we do have cases that hit for millions of dollars. It's not really that odd. The thing is that I've always been a bleeding herd liberal. I have, so I was doing more criminal defense than anything. I wasn't really doing a lot of the big million dollar cases unless I was helping out the homies. I've got plenty of cases where I've gone into court help homies get seven figure results, but.
Speaker 6: That never was me.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to be comfortable. And now I got, you know, deal with Congress said.
Speaker 3: You can resign and didn't run again and said.
Speaker 2: Ye now, yeah, we have more of a congress woman Jasmine Crockett. When we come back, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is tj envy just hilarious, charlamage, na gud. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Jasmine crocket Now do you think what Trump is doing now is to throw people off? Is the well were possibly gonna give you guys five thousand dollars as the district possibly gonna take the congestion prices, say hello to the king. You think he's doing those things to say, you know what all the rest of our stuff, These people won't even check me because I'm doing they think I'm doing this.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: He knows that they're not gonna check them, right, Like, I mean, you can go back and play the clips of him talking about how he loves the uneducated. Right, if you would ever run for president he was run as a Republican like and we know, like, this isn't me trying to throw shade. These are just the facts when you look at who's voting for who the less educated folks. And when I say educated, I'm not even talking about formal education. I'm talking about people that literally don't want to read and enlighten themselves on facts. Those are the people that vote for the Republicans. And this one of the reasons that we have to stop writing in theses as Democrats, right, Like, we want to give you every single little detail that we can find so that you can have all the information. But the reality is that the average person that is going out there and voting, they're not paying attention to that. And we fail to realize how selfish people are. People go out and they vote in their own self interest. And so you had all these races that showed up and decided that they were going to vote for the other races because they thought, hey, we are all the same. But the reality is that he is a rich racist, okay, and so when he decided that he was going to look out for somebody, it was only going to be other rich white guys, not the rest of y'all. So as you're losing your job, as you're losing your medicaid, as you're losing your farm, you're feeling a way because you're like, wait a minute, you were supposed to go after the others, not come after us, And now they're saying, oh, well, we'll give you a five thousand dollars check. I don't see it happening right now. That is not a part of the budget that they have proposed, that is for sure. So they just had a markup. So this is the that they're ever talking about. This the budget that they proposed where they went through a thirteen hour markup just the other day, proposed getting rid of Medicare. So I mean, theoretically they should have the money if you decide that people won't have healthcare in this country, which costs a little bit more than five thousand dollars a person. But the reality is that they're not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Why do people still talk like Donald Trump's campaigning as opposed to like he's actually here right now in the flesh doing what it is that he's doing. Like they still talk like they stopped, like they talk like they can stop this. Like I saw governor governor of Illinois, JV. What's his name, David. Yeah, he was talking, but I'm like, yo, that should have been said four years ago. The things that he was saying, like like, why are they talking like he's still campaigning.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say this. I think that there's two things.
Speaker 4: I think that again, Democrats are so cerebral that we were like, of course, nobody's gonna vote for him again. They'll remember the dead bodies that were piling up in freezer trucks in New York. They'll remember that he was selling people there in Jake Bleach. They'll remember that, you know, they were losing their jobs. They did not know if their family members were going to live or die.
Speaker 6: They will remember.
Speaker 4: We thought he like people would remember, and then we started to realize way too late that a lot of people forgot all they remembered. It was almost like our brains would not remember the bad. All they remembered was like things like a twelve hundred dollars check, but they didn't remember how they got it right, Like they didn't remember Pelosi, they didn't remember the Democrats were controlling the House at the time, Like they didn't remember that part of the story.
Speaker 3: The Democrats mess and marketing.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, we're still working.
Speaker 4: But I will say the other part of this though about Pritzker is that I think what we're trying to do is at least make sure that people wake up because there are things that we can do.
Speaker 6: I don't accept defeat.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I accepted defeat, here's the reality, I wouldn't be sitting here before you. My ancestors never accepted defeat, so I won't either.
Speaker 6: Did he win?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Are we defeated? Absolutely not? And so right now constitution absolutely look at.
Speaker 6: You with your alliterature. Okay, there, we got me. So here's the deal.
Speaker 4: We know that the House is only a three member different three members going to the Democratic side means that we control the House and we start slowing things down. We have three seats that are about to be up. We have two seats that are up right now. We have another run that will be up in New York. And so I'm telling people put all your energy into these three seats because I can't wait two years. Like I'm tired of him already, So we need an opportunity to start stopping him. So I do want governors like Pritzker to give people this belief and this hope. And I want people to go out and say, you know what, I don't have very much money, but I think that it's worthwhile for me to give my ten dollars to these people that are running in Florida, to give money to whoever is going to ultimately run here in New York. I think it's worth my time to show up and actually knock on some doors and talk to people and listen to people and ask them why did you vote for Trump? And Trump would still be your president.
Speaker 6: But don't you want this to slow a little bit?
Speaker 4: Don't you want somebody to say, hey, wait a minute. We think that it's important that social security still exists, and the only thing that will stand between you and your social security is potentially having a democratic House. And it doesn't mean you're a Democrat, but it does mean that you believe in a democratic republic. And so I want us to work these three seats right now because one of the elections Florida will take place on April first.
Speaker 3: So those are the guardrails that are in place to protect, you know, people like the federal workers from what Elon Musk and Donald trumpe are.
Speaker 4: Roll as it relates that to that part. The guardrails are the courts. That's the only thing that we have standing right now, and I'm concerned that ultimately the High Court belongs to him. So I know he's trying to get those cases up to the Supreme Court again, get them to dismantle the constitution a bit, dismantle laws a little bit. But the fact that they push back on TikTok of all things, like just forget the subject matter. But ultimately, in a nine to zero decision when it came down to TikTok, they said.
Speaker 6: Oh, never mind, Like, no, you can't do that. That was signed in law.
Speaker 4: Whether you like it or not, it was signed in the law, and you can't just unilaterally overturn that. So I think that we may have a little hope from them when it comes down to things like once Congress appropriates something, you can't do anything about it. Now, here's the thing, it'll never make the Supreme Court in time because this last funding bill runs out on March fourteenth. We won't get to the Supreme Court by March fourteenth to get a decision. But we potentially will have a new budget and that budget should be done because he does have a Trump trifecta. It should be done in the image of what it is that they want to deliver, and so we'll see if they can get it done.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think we're shutting down on March fourteen.
Speaker 3: On March fourteen, you think the government's gonna shut down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the last time we shut down was under Trump. When we shut down I think at least two times, and the longest shutdown we've ever had in the history of this country came under Trump. And right now they have a slimmer majority than they had when I was in the one hundred and eighteenth session. So right now they only have they can only lose one vote. One Republican vote can vote against it, So if all Democrats show up and vote against it, which we should, they can only lose one.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 4: I don't see how they get it past, but we'll see they can get it past the Senate.
Speaker 6: I don't see how they get a past House.
Speaker 2: We have more with congress Woman Jasmine Crockett when we come back as the Breakfast Club goal morning morning, everybody is j Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Jasmine Crocket. Well, child, what is on your what is on your breakdown? What's on your shirt? Child?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So we dropped the child collection collection after Nancy mays act it like she wanted to take me outside.
Speaker 3: So minutes with you.
Speaker 4: She's going to be your mind when she asks you, I'd like to take this outside.
Speaker 2: Military school.
Speaker 6: I don't want.
Speaker 3: From the citadel which is all military scho.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, So DEI helped her just fyi, because it didn't exist, and there were people that did not want a woman in the institution. But her father actually taught at the institution, and so she wanted to be just like her dad, and so they sued, they went to the courts so that she could get in as a woman. And now she is the very same woman that wants to do like a bunch of the same immigrants to somehow get over here, get their citizenship, and then they like, forget everybody else coming behind me.
Speaker 6: She is the same. And so she claims that she's been a champion for.
Speaker 4: Women and that's why she's against trans people, but she forgets that she benefited from diversity, equity and inclusion like most white women, because white women are the vast majority of the beneficiaries of DEI policies. But that's all she But when she said let's take it outside, you know, I really want to be like, let's go now, I knew that I couldn't because again, they would have been trying to expel me. And if the tables were turned if I had said that to her, oh, the Karen would have been calling everybody to come through and come grab me, and they would have had me on the floor for an explosion for trying to incite violence against another member of Congress literally in a committee hearing. But instead they said, well, maybe she meant go outside for coffee.
Speaker 6: I do be thinking that though I guess what they said.
Speaker 3: I'd be thinking that these people are so old and so culturally clue is that they don't understand.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: When you did it either, when you did your bad Bill Bush Bodies that the guy was like, what.
Speaker 4: It's the same guy, Nancy, I am not a child. Now, I do think that she is culturally unaware, even though she's always bragging about how many black people she represents in her district in South Carolina.
Speaker 6: Black people in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Wake up here up we went to high school together.
Speaker 4: Well, no, well she's anyway, I'm not gonna cuss you said the economy she does because South Carolina about to catch it, just like all these other ones, all of them, they're about to catch it the hardest. Like you think you're quote unquote owning the Libs. But guess what New York has money? Okay, guess what California has money? Right, the ones that are broke and need the money, the New York and California bay into is you little red states down south?
Speaker 6: The vast majority of y'all. Y'all are the ones that are broken. Y'all are the ones that are constantly bleeding population as well. Right, Like we know that these.
Speaker 4: Small states like people are moving to the big cities, which to be in the bluer states where there are more opportunities. So but Nancy, you know, she now wants to us.
Speaker 6: To take it outside because they're going through all of that.
Speaker 4: No, she she just wants to try to elevate her name and her status. So she's allegedly talking about running for governor.
Speaker 6: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it South Carolina. But if you look into her, like she said so much staff that has resigned, she is consistently being accused of all types of inappropriateness when it comes to like sex stuff in general. So beyond her, well, i'll just say that in committee right in that same hearing, she was talking about quote unquote.
Speaker 6: Chicks with peace. Yeah, so she was doing like all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So she constantly like throws the word around and committee and that kind of thing. But she's also been accused of talking to staff about her sex life and making them uncomfortable, and so she's had staff resign alleging that she is very inappropriate.
Speaker 3: She didn't just say she was a victim of rape and sexual all.
Speaker 6: He also did that with a lot of protections.
Speaker 4: So people don't know that if you go on the house floor, you can pretty much say anything and people can't suit you.
Speaker 6: It's the debate clause. What do you mean, speech and debate?
Speaker 4: Speech and debate clause means that when you are in the chamber and you're on the floor and you say certain things, I can say something defammatory and I can't be sued.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: So the theory is this is that she decided, now that she's getting ready for this supernatorial she decided to kind of head off some potential bad headlines by going onto the house floor and accusing not one, not two, but three men of sexually abusing.
Speaker 6: Her and recording it and drugging her.
Speaker 4: So the thought is that maybe there's a sex safe that's about to come out, and so if she went on the floor, they can't do anything about it. Now she's not filed charges against any of them. She just went on the floor, made these accusations, but did not go and file a case against anybody. Now she files a case against somebody and she's found to be lying.
Speaker 6: That is a crime.
Speaker 4: But she could go on the floor and accuse them of whatever and they can't sue her. So interesting place to go and report.
Speaker 3: Most jae.
Speaker 6: Somebody else?
Speaker 4: Is it true to somebody else that works for another sitting member. They called in and that they bet they was betting on a fight. Oh yeah, they wanted to see it. I don't know who it was, but we have Capitol police. We have Capitol police following up on that because they called during working hours on a house phone, and they were so smart that they didn't realize that all calls made on house phones are recorded, so it is recorded.
Speaker 6: We know which member's office it came from.
Speaker 4: It was a Republican out of Texas whose office it came from.
Speaker 2: They were trying to.
Speaker 4: They yeah, so they called my office and was like, yeah, this is what we want to see. Blah blah blah blah blah. Were trying to place a bit some random staffer.
Speaker 6: They're called my office. It's the audacity.
Speaker 3: But I can see why they would want to see it. But this is what I'm saying, right, do you think that Congress could get more done if y'all actually did throw hands every now and no, just real quick, real quick, thirty seconds, then y'all get it out and go back now want to fight?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I do want to ask you this. I know you got to go. Why don't Democrats sit down? Chuck Schuman and Hakim Jefferies they all represent the old way of doing things that don't work anymore. People like yourself, AOC. Y'all know how to communicate, y'all know how to message. Why don't they let y'all be front tracing in the party. What are they holding on to? I know their positions, but forget the position. If they're not connecting with people, why are they the ones that are out front but not y'all.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's just a lot that we could be doing, and I'm hoping that we get a lot more aggressive and decide every single day like this is just what it is. Like I told my staff, I'm like, y'all had it good last term.
Speaker 6: I know y'all thought y'all didn't, but.
Speaker 4: I'm like, we actually now have to work ten times harder than we did before because we've got to make sure people understand how bad these policies are and what's happening. If we don't communicate it in real time, then we're doomed. That was the problem even when we were trying to get the White House back, is that we did not communicate in real time the good things we were doing. Now they're like, oh, wait a minute, those wait minutes. So the overdraft fees, that was Joe Biden that reduced it so it wasn't more than five dollars per overdraft, and now the Republicans have filed a bill saying, you know what, we want those overdraft fees to go back up because again they're looking out for the rich people, not the people who was struggling. Who has overdraft fees? Is it the rich people or is the people live in check to check? So the people they kept saying, oh, no, he's for the middle class.
Speaker 6: No he's not. And they tried to convince you that the Democrats.
Speaker 4: Had done nothing, but they had, They had consistently done things for the middle class.
Speaker 6: It's just that.
Speaker 4: And so when even when Democrats are like, oh, we're not the party of the middle class anymore, Yes we are. Our policies are clear because over draft fees, that's not for rich people, but now it is about to be for rich people. You know why, because again we're seeing a government that wants to prey on those that are struggling so that others at the top can benefit to some ridiculous amount of money.
Speaker 6: And that's what we're about to go through.
Speaker 4: So I'm just like, listen, if you were broke and thought he was your guy, will God bless you?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 3: Jeffer can never talk like that. I just want you to know that we can never speak to people. Know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, congress Woman Jasmine Crockett. We appreciate I appreciate, thank you so much. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, just with the message up next, let's get to es with the bests.
Speaker 3: Just cabing more.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no lines, don't doody.
Speaker 3: World why worldwide mess.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast clubs, the coaches Farmlaurren and I got.
Speaker 3: The to me.
Speaker 6: Alrighty y'all.
Speaker 4: So for anybody that was wondering how the big Meach Welcome Home concert cancelation situation really went down from inside.
Speaker 6: We have the answers. Boosie to the rescue. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 21: Oh, we was asking the people, even the people at the arena, and he was like, some federal people came in here with let us like shut this down like it was some what Yeah, that was the one of the workers say, like they came in here right before that. They say they came in sound chick and shut it down. So this was this some last minute power whatever it happened to it. With this, the arena was open, everything was open, bro like it was going down.
Speaker 3: Was that on TV? Yes?
Speaker 6: That TV?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Now I think that that makes it even worse than it honestly makes me want to figure out who's these federal people on what is the situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I know that the son of Sam lor and I'm not saying this, this is part of it, but the son of samads. You can't profit off of a crime that you did.
Speaker 3: What crimes? What crime? Huh? You can't drop it.
Speaker 2: Off of I guess your name or the crimes or anything telling the story of that you did.
Speaker 6: But they're telling them, welcome home.
Speaker 3: It's a concert.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking maybe they thought that there was the capacity was going to be too crazy and you know, like crime marshals can come in or whatever.
Speaker 6: But that's not federal.
Speaker 3: I was told they saw nine hundred tickets of fourteen thousand. Oh yeah, the building whole fourteen dollars. That's what I was told. I was told it was a ticket thing.
Speaker 4: Well, Boosie also talked about just the way that little Meach has been carrying a whole situation. And I will say little Meach was out and about and there's a video of him chopping it up with Rick Ross at a Floyd Mayweather's party in Miami recently. Let's take a listen to what Boosey had to say about how littlech is carrying this whole situation.
Speaker 21: Let Meach ain't like his response. It seemed like he got a genuine kind of love for fitting on his response. But you know, my respunan, let's go to Walter.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 21: I don't know what Meat was on some I'm a pope. I don't give him, my son. You ain't gonna go against this grain.
Speaker 4: He basically feels like he's leaning into Fifty too much. But I mean, now that this videos out of him in your grass, I don't think that that's the case whatsoever. So now we know, I am going to try and figure out more information about that though, Like what was that situation?
Speaker 2: Like who are these.
Speaker 4: Federal people that boot the show at the concert? Yeah, with the concert for the Big Meach Welcome Home concert.
Speaker 3: So Boosie was saying that Meach, little meat should just roll with Big Meach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's his dad.
Speaker 3: That's a little more complicated than that, though. I get it, Yeah, I get it. I mean I understand, but you know, he does have a relationship with Fifty as well, that's his father. But it's still business. You're grown, you're two adults, like little Meach is an adult. Big Meach is an adult. Fifty Center is an adult. Low Meach has his own relationship with fifty. He's getting caught up in the crossheads or whatever. You know, big meats, fifty and rosscot going on. I thought lot Meach's response to the fifty was valid.
Speaker 4: Your dad name is cowboy, right, yeah, cowboy get into something. You're gonna neutrally try and figure it out.
Speaker 3: It's different, just gonna go from zero to one hundreds.
Speaker 14: Let's go to war.
Speaker 2: Fifty, it's different, and.
Speaker 6: Let's go to war. But like I'm not explaining, I'm not texting none of that.
Speaker 3: That's my dad.
Speaker 2: I think little Meets looked at fifty as a father figure. Remember little Meat was down for a second so many times, so many years, and fifty helped him out rehab allegedly and got him a deal. So I think you might have looked at him as a father figure.
Speaker 6: I get it, I hear you. But that's his dad.
Speaker 3: Sure, but there should still be a conversation. There still shouldn't just be a yo. From what I remember in the text of the text was like, what's going on, what's happening here? Right?
Speaker 4: But fifty had already went zero to one hundred at that point. So now you got to pick a side, and that's my dad.
Speaker 3: Do you think he should just match energy and just do what Boozy said?
Speaker 4: He no, No, he should calmly just sit next to his dad and just chill. Stop texting, stop all of that. Take what comes with your dad made a decision.
Speaker 6: Here we are.
Speaker 3: Do you have a conversation with your father and say, damn, pop, did you even think about this? You know that fifty got an issue and fifty did a lot for us.
Speaker 4: You do have that conversation, you know, but you gotta roll with your pops. Like when it comes to like you now you're stepping over the line, you send a text.
Speaker 3: Like, Hey, I don't think it's that easy on my side, not in that situation. I know it seems like that to some people, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: It's that easy, not in that situation.
Speaker 3: And I know it wasn't that easy for a little beach.
Speaker 6: It can't. It's not that easy. But it's your dad though.
Speaker 2: Like I don't, I don't know, not in that situation, not when your dad been down for what's twenty years.
Speaker 4: We'll see, girl, what's happening there. You gave me that face. Go ahead, Andy on what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's you about to start?
Speaker 2: You start that dad stuff.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not happening you good.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna effect. I'm gonna text you, all right, don't. I'm gonna text you and then you tell.
Speaker 6: Me anyway and not the news.
Speaker 4: Kim kardash is being sued because she posted the wrong guy when she was trying to getting inmate freed from death. Ro y'all know how she'd be like posting and making these like entertainment stories public or these stories public about these these different people bringing lights to a situations.
Speaker 6: She posted the wrong guy. So, according to a new lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Obtained by TMZ, and if you were out of the outlets of orgular this as well too.
Speaker 6: My phone's disconnected.
Speaker 4: Kim is being sued by Ivan Canto, a project manager from New York who Kim identified as a man awaiting the death penalty in Texas in a Texas, Texas prison cell. So she posted a photo of Ivan Cantu on her social media back in February, and she was trying to bring away in the city case as I mentioned, but it was the wrong guy, so she subjected him to public embarrassment, Shane hatred, ridicule, disgrace, contempt, and aversion. So now he is doing her for liable. How do you sue somebody for libel? I ain't never heard that and slander over the mix up. Basically, he's saying, like, you posted this, you made people think that I was What do y'all hold on?
Speaker 7: What is your test?
Speaker 6: What did my dad side with me?
Speaker 3: I did not see that.
Speaker 6: That's what you text me?
Speaker 3: Oh I did? Okay, I'm just asked the question.
Speaker 6: Yes, my dad would side with me. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Girl?
Speaker 3: You would?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he would.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking honestly.
Speaker 4: He might want to say you about something because you bet you be up here. I can real crazy from here. He's from the Carolina too, not.
Speaker 6: South North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Well hopefully yes, come see me because then you can come all right, change because the last time from what I was told, that didn't That didn't work out to you?
Speaker 2: Right? He was gonna say, what you know what?
Speaker 3: Let me stop?
Speaker 2: I know that's right.
Speaker 3: I texted you brought it to the race.
Speaker 6: Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: You set yourself up to that.
Speaker 4: Pretty was on the show speaking of people with you know, great families. Pretty V was on the show and she said some things that got people on her. When she said it, I was like, oh, they're gonna be mad about that. Let's take an list to what she said when she was up here.
Speaker 3: Stage plays have been around forever, you know what I mean. There's people that have made multimillions of dollars off stage place. Of course, we know the Tyler Perry, the David Talbert. Yes, David Talbert. But that's the lane that a lot of people, especially your generation, aren't inn you could easily be producing stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shout out Tory Lanes.
Speaker 4: I know you can shut out free Like he d m me the other day and was just like, yo, you could be producing plays like You're not gonna be like you know, I'm just telling you what he told me.
Speaker 6: You know, shout out to him.
Speaker 3: I know people got mad at that, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Oh what they was?
Speaker 6: They was in the comments.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, this was such a great interviewtion and prayed for the people, and then she said, shout out Tory Lanes free and mind you, Pretty being such a positive person, it's like how you throw any type of negativity her way.
Speaker 6: But it did happen. She had a respond to it as well as a listen to that, and one said they lost me with the Tory Lanez thing.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm just telling.
Speaker 4: Y'all the advice that I got from him about producing my own show. Like I could talk about that about you can't go nowhere and say free Tory Lanes and not expect to get That's what it was. Yeah, it was the free, but she backed you saw she backed away from the free, like I think she called it in real time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: You don't be yelling free people because you don't know if they supposed to.
Speaker 17: Be there or not.
Speaker 6: Can she up here yelling a lot of things? You don't need to be yelling.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I texted it. Okay, you fought it to the But now you gotta tell because people know they don't know. They don't now lining up, Lining you up? You don't have to tell it you ship, because you know you don't know.
Speaker 6: My dad is probably listening, Hey dad, love you? Why you keep doing your neck? Be so sassy?
Speaker 4: Charlemagne For the listeners who can't see, it's Charlamagne and his sassy knucker up here.
Speaker 6: Just rolling and rolling and rolling.
Speaker 2: And you and your dad's good money.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Me and my dad are great. Me and my dad are great.
Speaker 3: And last time you spoke to me, you see, I don't I don't even know why my dad. This is crazy. See I haven't. Don't let the record show I've done none of this. Backup.
Speaker 2: I was trying to back you up.
Speaker 3: You are a father, some god, and you are a.
Speaker 2: Daddy.
Speaker 3: Daddy is a father.
Speaker 2: We've got a whole family and a wife, and you know that's wrong. I hate this place. It's a Friday man. Yeah, we're giving you a donkey too.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 3: For after the hour. There's a woman named Ashley Crossed from Memphis, Luthor Memphis. She's boycotting Walmart. Okay, we'll discuss for after the hour. Maybe Walmart's boycotting her. We'll figure it.
Speaker 2: Out, all right, we'll get to that next. Do we have any Kirk Franklin, because we need some some positivity in this.
Speaker 3: We can always play Regina Bell, but I know it ain't in there. I'm always got Kirk frank I don't know.
Speaker 6: He don't want to hear him.
Speaker 3: All right, Franklin, But he ain't got nothing on Regina Bell. God is Good, Regina Bell, God is Good is the greatest disrecord Satan is ever received.
Speaker 6: N B is over here smiling.
Speaker 3: We ain't got stopped. Got what's a good curt for? I wish he said, God is good? Don't worry about it though.
Speaker 6: You heavens, that's why you don't got nothing.
Speaker 3: Play calid God did. That's the closest we're gonna get, y'all know, ain't no God in this damn radio station played it, y'all are y'all don't go to break go to break press whatever you got, Red.
Speaker 2: If you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Your execution on the Donkey of the Day is something.
Speaker 3: To go to you to read.
Speaker 6: He gave me donkey other day, and I deserve that. People need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 2: I am you have the boy, Tell.
Speaker 3: Them tell it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 5: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at you're.
Speaker 3: Trying to be a fake as Charlamage.
Speaker 21: You want Charlamage to damn chlomame, who do your heaven?
Speaker 6: Dusky of the day?
Speaker 3: So now well, sexy Red Donkey to Day for Friday, February twenty first goes to Ashley Cross. Ashley is a thirty seven year old African American woman from Memphis, Tennessee. Okay, smooth, everyone who listens to us on K ninety seven in Memphis. Now, I'm sure that you all are aware by now there's a lot of companies have rolled back their diversity equity and including initiatives. One of those companies is Walmart. Now, if you read my first book, Black Privilege, and you know the joy Walmart brought me as a child, Because when you grow up in the country like I did, salute the Monst Corner, South Carolina, drop on the clues, BOMs Amost Cornersauth Carolina. When you grow up in the country, a rural area, the twenty four hour Walmart is everything. Okay, That's what we would go late at night because there was nothing else to do. Yes, the good old days. Walk in the holy grounds of Walmart. This was way back in the day when the only thing they were rolling back is prices. But a lot of people have called for a boycott at these companies in particular target, but Ashley Cross has decided that she is staging a one woman boycott of Walmart. Yes, in fact, Ashley is not going to be shopping at Walmart in period. No Walmart in the country, none of them ever again. Okay, do you have that kind of commitment to your boycott? Can you vow to never shopping an establishment ever again? Are a scott paper tower being ten sixty eight for twelve rolls too great a deal to pass up? Well? If it is, then you can always do what Ashley did because it's guaranteed Ashley will never step foot in any Walmart ever again. And I lie, it's not because she's boycotting Walmart. It's actually because Walmart is boycotting her. What do you mean, Uncle, Sharla, Walmart is boycotting her. Well, let's go to new Channel three for the report.
Speaker 17: Please.
Speaker 14: Ashley Cross, charged with criminal trespass and theft of merchandise is, according to the police report, a well known shoplifter at this Walmart on Elvis Presley Boulevard in Whitehaven, so well known to Walmart that Cross is on an Authorization of Agency list, meaning she's banned from any Walmart location in the United States. The Elvis Presley Boulevard stores where Cross and another suspect were arrested February tenth, Cross was seen using and devised to scan her items for one dollar at a self checkout machine.
Speaker 23: Ashley Cross remains in jail on a seventy five hundred dollars bond. She is due back in court February nineteenth. The suspect with Cross received a misdemeanor citation for theft of property.
Speaker 3: Oh, she already went the court. I wonder what happened.
Speaker 17: Listen.
Speaker 3: I used to shoplift up until twenty sixteen. Okay, that's when I stopped shoplifting. But I didn't, you know, feel like I was stealing because.
Speaker 2: Nine years ago you had a little money.
Speaker 6: Nine years ago, are you still stealing?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But I didn't feel like it was stealing because I didn't try to hide anything. I would walk in and, you know, take what I want and just walk out. You only get caught when you look suspicious, you know. Plus I never really stole anything but magazines, you know, when I was young, like Black and Miles, twelve packs of butt light, random stuff like that. But Ashley is clearly a kleptomaniac, and she's good because she was using a bar code from an old watch battery to scan all her items for just one dollar to self checkout. I stand a creative thief. Okay, y'all still stealing like flintstones actually out here like a jection with it. Or maybe this is the normal way to shoplift. Now, I don't steal anymore, so I wouldn't know. But Ashley stole eleven packs of roumenodles, women's boots, a pair of jeans, and a T shirt, all totally one hundred and thirty seven dollars and thirty four cents. Now, this woman was clearly stealing essentials. Okay, these are reasonable things to steal. Ramen, noodles, boots, clothes. I understand. In America, I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear. There's gonna be a lot more of this. Why because during America's inflation crisis, Walmart was the spot. Okay, you can get good deals all types of essentials. But on yesterday Walmart said things are about to get slow because consumers are growing increasingly frustrated with inflation and they're concerned about President Trump's tariffs. Basically, folks been broken and if people keep losing their jobs, they will be broken. And if you are the reason, okay, people are losing their jobs, like Elon Musk and Donald Trump are in regards the federal workers, and you're putting tariffs on items. Not only do I not have a job, things are going to be even more expensive. So what am I going to resort to doing? I tell you what people will resort to doing. Trying to survive, and trying to survive can look like a number of things, and sometimes one of those things is shoplifted. I'm not making excuses for Ashley. I'm just telling America what the inevitable is when you don't take care of the least of us. Nevertheless, Ashley crosses on Walmart's authorization of agency lists, which prohibits her from entering any Walmart store across the country. I didn't know such a list existed, but Ashley is on it, and she is currently well, I don't even know if currently, but she was being held on the seventy five hundred dollars bond, probably still in it. She's probably still in it because if he had one hundred and thirty four dollars to get these items from Walmart, you damn sure ain't got the seventy five hundred dollars bond. All to ten percent of seven hundred and fifty dollars to get out. But some donkey of the days just sell themselves. Please give Ashley Cross the sweets outs of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the dog gee of.
Speaker 2: The day, the dog gee.
Speaker 3: Ah, it's just you feel bad for now. You don't feel bad for her. She's a repeat offender.
Speaker 4: She could have got a job, or maybe the first offense put something on her record and she couldn't get the job.
Speaker 3: That is true too, But she stole from there a lot. Why wouldn't you switch it up?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: This is gonna sound bad, but no, you ever, you ever be in so check out and be feeling like this.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't have to pay for this stuff. Like some of this stuff is old to me, Like maybe she felt like that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what I feel like that.
Speaker 3: And that's what happens when you still wiggle, When you still wiggle, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: You get what? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You so lucky you were still in when your face was two different colors, because they wouldn't have recognized you from me this side.
Speaker 3: That is true. That is very true. If I'm on camera in twenty sixteen, that's not me. Okay, that's not me. It's not the same person.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is donkey of the day. Now when we come back, the CEO of Red Lobster will be joining us, is then, mister Mola Adam Lokin.
Speaker 3: This brother is thirty six years old. He's the CEO Red Lobster. This brother was up here suited up. He used to be the CEO PF Chang. He one went the brown now woman up here to shoot. They shot. You know what I'm saying. I have no reason we was having that.
Speaker 4: We was having a conversation back there, y'all look for artists, athletes.
Speaker 3: Let any little come up here. Y'all lose it anyway.
Speaker 4: Let me tell y'all any baby was there was a white There was a woman in here, a white woman in here, and I was trying to see if he was with her. I couldn't figure it out or that it was just a publish she.
Speaker 2: Works for Red Lobster.
Speaker 6: We didn't know. But don't don't tell us what we wasn't doing.
Speaker 2: Like, don't worry about us, y'all did not shoot your shot? One you should have shot your shot.
Speaker 3: Letting white women take advantage.
Speaker 2: Again, Yes, Okay, he wasn't he wasn't all flashy.
Speaker 3: No, we love you love that. Yet again you let a white woman be the number one beneficiary of d We love.
Speaker 6: H you know, young man five and don't worry about us.
Speaker 3: Oh you got the number.
Speaker 2: He definitely didn't get the number. That definitely did not. We're talking when we come back the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is Dan j n V. Just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the buildings.
Speaker 3: Are you waiting to get your ass kicked? Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go Red Lobster.
Speaker 24: Okay, what else, Let's go, let's go. Okay, here come the punch, Adam. I lookin Hey, what did he get it? I was an eight out of ten. Man, you almost got it. Almost got it.
Speaker 17: You're very close. Man.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a good that's a good effort. You know, it's crazy, Demola. We interview a lot of people, and people always ask, you know, who do you want to interview? And I never know the answer. But then I see certain people in the schedule and I'm like, damn, I would like to talk to this guy, And when I saw your name on the schedule, I was like, CEO right last, yeah, yes, I'd like to talk to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys, you guys are doing amazing things.
Speaker 17: That's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So let's start from the beginning. How did you get into fool because you just weren't the CEO of a livester you with CEO of P of Chang. So how did you get your start into this restaurant business.
Speaker 3: And you're only thirty six?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, really, I started by waiting tables when I was young, when I was in high school, and you're from I'm from Uh, I'm not jering. Originally, I went to high school in Maryland, Okay, so it's nice, yeah, you know, doing the uh the waiter slash runner thing in high school. But in this current track, you know, I started working in finance when I was in college. So I started interning at Goldman Sacks when I was nineteen, so seventeen years ago. Wow, So I got my first internship at Goldman. I was at Brown playing football and worked at Goldman for four years, and then worked at a private equity firm called TPG, and then went to business school and then worked at a hedge fund here in New York. The reason I got into restaurants because I did a restaurant deal. We bought PF Changs in twenty nineteen. I worked for John Paulson, who's a famous billionaire investor in New York. This firm is called Paulson and Company. So I was working at a hedge fund and we do a lot of things. The hedge fund's big, it's you know, billions of dollars, and we do a lot of different things. But one of the things that we did that I suggested was to buy PF Chanks. It was up for sale, so I pitched it to the firm. They agreed, but I led the deal. This is twenty nineteen now, so it was up for sale. You know, I thought it was an interesting thing, good brand, great great history, great product. I thought we could do a lot of new things with it. We could a delivery, we could remodel the restaurants, we could make it more interesting, make it more relevant, cool. And it was all going pretty well. And then COVID hit right in twenty twenty. So my big restaurant deal. You know, we put hundreds of millions of dollars into it and it went south COVID like like everything else did.
Speaker 2: So how did you get to Red Lobster?
Speaker 17: Red Lobster?
Speaker 5: So, you know, the PF chain's dealent well, and you know, it won me some some plaudits in the industry because it was difficult, right, and we.
Speaker 17: Made it happen.
Speaker 5: And then after that, I connected with the folks who had lent money to Red Lobster before the company went bankrupt, so they were in line to own it coming out of bankruptcy. It's a good group called Fortress, and so they asked me first to consult to provide advice, like, you know, you were just spent four years running a business that was in distress similar to this, you know, what do you think of this situation? So I was advising them at first, and then it turned into uh uh. They asked me to come run it. Basically presented a plan. They were like, well, like your plan, police come executed for us, right. So I took over CEO coming out of bankruptcy in September.
Speaker 17: That's what we've been doing.
Speaker 3: You know, when I first heard that story, I was on the radio acting like I knew what I was talking about, and I was just like, I know exactly what Red Lobster should be doing. Yeah, and I felt like Red Lobster should, you know, scale down from being a fine dining establishment and be more like Chipotle, Like you could go in there and you know you can get your lobster insurance pasta right from the bar or whatever. The items is just right there from the bar. Just make it like a small or more Chipotle like establishment. Of the polls by buying dining restaurant.
Speaker 5: Well, your point about being able to get food conveniently is an important one. There should be options and there should be ways.
Speaker 17: Where you get things you need quickly.
Speaker 5: For example, our delivery business that should feel fast casualist where you put it in order, it comes quickly, et cetera. The way the company is set up has a cost structure.
Speaker 17: That you can run it. You can run it like Chipotle.
Speaker 5: For example, our restaurants they're nine to ten thousand square feet. Hipolis are fifteen hundred square feet maybe two thousand max. So you have a real estate footprint that you couldn't run on Chipotle revenue per unit.
Speaker 17: Right, you have to do more. The food we serve, we serve lobster and crab.
Speaker 5: You can't sell that at Chipotle price points because you pay too much for those products. So there's there's structural differences in the businesses that would prevent that. But that said, some of the things Pole is good at you can be better at, right, like delivery, digital, you know, speed of service. Those are things that people care about them. Definitely you can learn from it.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Remember I started off by saying acting like I knew what I knew, said, acting like I know.
Speaker 2: So how do you say red lobster now?
Speaker 5: Right? Well, so the thing is you have to lean into what made it successful in the first place, right, Like, what do people love about red Lobster?
Speaker 17: There's reason it is what it is. Biscuits biscuits for sure.
Speaker 2: And I also think a lot of us from where we grew up that was you know, we went for graduation, we went for celebratory. It felt like five stars, like five stars until you got to make that's it. But until all these other restaurants started popping up. Now, you know, people look down on red Lobster when it comes to celebratory. They'll go to you know, a p of changs, they'll go to a towel, they'll go to an expensive steakhouse because they don't look at Red Lobster as that I think, but you know it's good, but you know, so how do you change that way of thinking? So it used to be it used to.
Speaker 5: Red Lobster is the first company to take these high end seafood products across the country. It was the first place you could get lobster, get crab for a lot of people's their first experience. I went with to Red Lobster in Springfield, Illinois when I used to live there, when I was in you know, nine or ten, and I remember that, So I think people a lot of people have these memories after church on Sundays, you know, important dinners, graduation, et cetera. The it's now you can get these products in different places, but we're still the only company at scale that serves lobster and crab. And by the way, lobster and crab are wild caught products. You can't form raise them, so they catch them on boats. We buy twenty five percent of the lobster that's that's caught on boats in North America.
Speaker 17: We buy a quarter of it.
Speaker 5: We buy a quarter of the crab that's caught by virtue of our size and scale we can get the best product, which we do. So the lobster you get it, red lobster is as good as lobster you'll get anywhere. But people don't know that, No, not at all, And so there's a communication aspect to it that need to let people know this is the best, this is the best product you can get four lobster for crab.
Speaker 17: That's number one.
Speaker 5: Number two, you need to give people a reason. You know, you mentioned Chipotle. If we're not going to be prices to Chipole, then we need to offer something and that totally doesn't offer and what that is is called service and hospitality. Like you need to come in, you need to feel like you're welcome, you need to feel like you're a guest, you need to be taken care of. You need to get it in connection with your server. So it's food and its service is where we.
Speaker 3: Win and ambiyonce. A lot of these restaurants.
Speaker 2: Don't look left to feels like McDonald's at times when you walk out, the floors look very cold.
Speaker 5: The right word outdated. I did a I did a remodel project. I totally agree. I did a remodel project at PF Chanin's where we remodel eighty percent of the restaurants right and if you go to them now, it's red, gold, black like. So that's what we you know, we did that, and so this needs something similar and we're working on that.
Speaker 17: That takes a bit of time.
Speaker 5: You have to design it, you have to scope it, you have to test it, you have to prove the results.
Speaker 17: Then you have to raise the money. Then you have to go. So that takes time. What you can do now is improve service.
Speaker 5: We launch something we're called Red Carpet Hospitality and we launched that a couple of weeks ago. If you go and ask the server and Red Lobster about it, they'll tell you about it. Red stands for recognize, engage in delight. When people walk in, you need to recognize them. As soon as they walk in. There should be somebody smiling at the post stand to greet them. You see somebody, you're within ten feet of them, You recognize them within four feet you speak to them.
Speaker 17: We call the ten four rule.
Speaker 5: You make sure that you know when people need to go to the bathroom, you walk them there.
Speaker 17: You don't point to the bathroom. You escort them.
Speaker 5: You make sure that you're connecting with them, you're talking with them, you asking questions. So we're training these behavioral patterns. That's something you can do today, right, and then trying to highlight the quality of the food and introduce them new things like the lobster rolls that are fun, that are interesting, so food and service. And then the third point for sure is ambyonce we fix the things we can fix quickly, like the music is better. If you go to the Red Lobster now, you'll notice the music is better. And you'll notice there's small things like we put the market prices on the lobster, we put the liners on the tables. There's small things you can do now, but comprehensively, there needs to be a remodel, right, and that's something that we'll do in the future.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have more with the of Red Lobster. The Mola Adam Logan. When we come back is the breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody is dej Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking in with the CEO of Red Lobster, the Mola Adam Locan.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was a list that women have put together, right, of places that they don't want to be taken on the first date. Red Labster was number eleven. Eleven, Yes, it was number eleven. So what did do you? Would you say that real lobster is a valley place for a first date?
Speaker 2: I mean lobster a first date?
Speaker 17: Can you beat that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? First date?
Speaker 5: You want to share some main lobster, lobster tales, rock lobster main right, okay.
Speaker 4: But also on that list it was PF Chain's and cheesecake everything.
Speaker 5: I think, yes, it's these are chain restaurants, and there's something about like chain versus independent. Now, if you make the chain experience feel like an independent, like each restaurant's its own and they have like a culture and personality, then it's it doesn't feel like a chain. Yeah, and there's restaurants that do that really well.
Speaker 17: And we're, you know, we're working to become that.
Speaker 5: But look, if you go in the date and have some Cherry Bay biscuits, some lobster tail, some bar dye crab like, people are gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: Did you'll stop the endless shrimp promotion? Yeah, it's done, So no more endless shrimp. You got a messed up now, by.
Speaker 3: The way, that was the dumb wasn't a dumb promotion. But don't promise people in dless shrimp because y'all never give in.
Speaker 2: It was a challenge. I know people who've tried. They do put a cap on it.
Speaker 3: He's tried. I've been in the restaurants, but they put a cap on the end the shrimp.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, the way it was done didn't work. I'm not saying it'll never be done, but it'll be done in a way that's that's more sensible.
Speaker 3: Well sensible, because you guys, I'm gonna telling what people to do. Going there with four people, one person order endless shrimp and they just keep bringing mass shrimp for the table.
Speaker 5: That's that's insensible. I mean, look, I mean these promotions people do promotions like this. Olive Garden does a this endless positive promotion like people do.
Speaker 3: These lives is a lie. They will put a cap on your fast as different.
Speaker 2: Because it fills you up so fast and it's cheap.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, and it's cheap, so they can do that.
Speaker 5: You just need to the mathe need to needs to make sense.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the lobster fress me and you right now. I ain't gonna lie. I might go around Laftter this weekend. I'm not I might send me. I'm like, I never took my kids the Red Loss never never, And I'm like, you know, like me in the White List, take the kids the Red Lobster, just to see what they know what for you. No, I'm not gonna tell you I'm going, but I'm gonna tell you I know exactly which one I'm going to to go to. But that one look a little beat up, though it looks a lot big up. But I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 2: That's why I was just asking that question.
Speaker 3: They don't look I passed it every morning and in my mind, you know, you just thinking nostalgia. I'm like, damn, yo, back in the day when I was young, that have been perfect. The hotel right there, the red lobster, right thing right, the red still perfect.
Speaker 17: Man, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: That's a motel.
Speaker 3: But think about when you were seventeen eighty, that'd have been perfect, right Well.
Speaker 4: Think about when Beyonce said it in the song yes Me good, I take Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: What did that do for the.
Speaker 3: Same I was here, that was before me. It's not too late though, right right, because it's not too late for that. Even when Riley mentioned it on the Boon Doctors. You know, the Kelsey Brothers did something with us.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean part of part of the game is to is to take advantage of cultural moments, right, like when something happens in the culture, like you.
Speaker 17: Want to be on it.
Speaker 5: So that that's something that we weren't very good at in the past and we need to get better after sure.
Speaker 3: Did you even talk to him about that? Like, did anybody reach out to beyond? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't speak to that and I wasn't here. But for example, Flavor Flavor, we did wanted to save the you know, wanted to save Red Lobster. Did you know we did a promotion with them? So there's it's it's important for sure, and uh yeah, I mean look now Kelsey brothers reach out, we respond the same day, right like, so we're we're engaging and it's important.
Speaker 3: How the weaponization of de I impacted you if at all the people say, oh, he's a de I higher, No, I've just been.
Speaker 17: So successful throughout my life.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 5: I aim to excel at everything I do and there's very little evidence of me not excelling at anything that I've tried to do, from football to Brown to Goldman to TBG to Harvard to there's no real l's on the not saying I won't fail it anything, and I have failed at plenty.
Speaker 3: Let's go talk to them coaches.
Speaker 16: Well, there's a record out there that's funny nobody's talking about.
Speaker 5: That's a very funt but you know, and I'm not saying that to Brad, But I'm just saying, you can build a habit of excellence and that that's how that's how you'll be viewed. Right, and so any I think anybody can achieve, you just have to build these habits.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, So it's really more motivation to people who are listening.
Speaker 3: What's your involvement with HBCU, What was real allowed to deal with hbc Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look, I mean before that, Darden the founder of Red Lobster, Bill Darden, who Darden Company is named after. That's all of Garden, Texas, Longhorn, et cetera. So he's an important restaurant tour and American history. The first restaurant that he opened was Red Lobster, and that from the very beginning had a really good relationship with the Black American community. This is in sixty eight, so at the very end of the Civil Rights movement, but from the very beginning, black people were welcome to eat there, welcome to work there.
Speaker 17: And that was stan City from the very beginning.
Speaker 5: So it's always had a good relationship with Black America from the start. You mentioned Beyonce mess Flavor flav It's always had a position in culture. I'm just acknowledging it and speaking to it and doing more for that to try to build that. So HBCUs. We did Band of the Year, right, We went to watch the band's perform. Fan Move won, Miles won for the junior division, and we gave the awards out. We sponsored it red Lobster, and you know, millions of dollars went to scholarships and things like that. So we're going to do more. You know, that's a start, But it's an important community. It's one that has been connected to the brand for a long time, and it's a good place to spend time and spend money on our behalf.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we appreciate you for joining us and bringing us some biscuits. Yeah, enjoy right, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Whatever we get to help, man, I mean, I want to see you succeed. If people like you succeed, then that just means more successful the rest.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Visit your local red Lobster. You guys, send feedback and we'll keep we'll keep.
Speaker 2: Improving going this week when you have it's Adam Lokan, Yes you know that. All right, there we go. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody's the j M V Jess, Hilarry Charlamagne, that god. We are the Breakfast Club. Law on the roaster, filling in it for just It's Friday, so it's time for past the Awks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, DJ comes, what's up?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 14: Guys?
Speaker 6: Happy Friday?
Speaker 3: Better he was out last week. Let's go the pressures on for you today.
Speaker 9: Energy.
Speaker 6: I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: What you feel last week? He was sick?
Speaker 25: All right now, Oh my god, I'm feeling so much better. Last week is so ghetto.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: My Valentine's Day was can I was.
Speaker 3: What she was sick for? Somebody stood you up with you just like really sick.
Speaker 6: No, I was really sick.
Speaker 4: Okay, Why would somebody standing up because because he thinks we just don't know talking to look at the material, period.
Speaker 3: I am looking at the material. Her Wigman crooked.
Speaker 4: Always shout out for more and though because she pulled up on me last night, a ladies night at Saint So. I appreciate you coming and I had a great time. I hope you did too. I love you.
Speaker 2: We're jumping into we are going.
Speaker 25: To get into this do It like You record by an artist named the Villa.
Speaker 3: He sampled that Jocelyn record right that birthday?
Speaker 6: You want to be they do you mean Stevie Wonder?
Speaker 3: Stephen? Stevie wanted to But that's not like that you went with.
Speaker 4: Jocelyn is crazy because he's really a bird. He just he plays intellectual.
Speaker 3: But he's a bird.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even taking jobs.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what John got it from Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 6: Come on, stop playing all right? The next record, the good one.
Speaker 3: You got two more. Let's see what you do it?
Speaker 25: Okay, We of course I gotta do this new cold joint. It's called Clouds Tall.
Speaker 2: That's dope. He's spitting love it.
Speaker 6: You can be angry about that.
Speaker 3: Charlie Man, what are you so slid?
Speaker 6: Why do you look like that.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 3: I'm not even saying nothing. I'm just sitting here minding my business.
Speaker 6: You never mind you.
Speaker 9: Do you know feedback after we play the record?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, but see, I know that's your favorite artist, and I'm mad at you right now, so I'm gonna be quiet just to pish you off. No feedback.
Speaker 9: It's actually better off that you're mad at me.
Speaker 2: Thank God, Cold Cold.
Speaker 3: We know Cold can rap. I can't even think of too many times I've heard a record from Cold and being like that's whack.
Speaker 5: Like that mount I love that.
Speaker 6: So y'all come and dream.
Speaker 9: First, right, I just have to make sure.
Speaker 2: No, I told you I'm gonna come this year for the last.
Speaker 3: Cold gonna be there.
Speaker 25: This is the last one, all right, because I'm sure on time, I'm gonna keep pushing it. I got this new Coco Jones Taste Records that I really like the Britneys but made it like slower and sensual. And then my very last one, this came out on Valentine's Day, but I was sick.
Speaker 6: But I'm a big fan.
Speaker 25: No, I mean, I mean, obviously, yes, Drake dropped too, but he gets enough tension and.
Speaker 3: It ain't that good right from a woman.
Speaker 25: I always say, I'm trying to Drake complain about women on records.
Speaker 9: It's like an R and B project, but.
Speaker 7: It's not love songs GA like one song on that.
Speaker 25: Tiffany with the Chanel and the I don't want to hear it like I want to hear love.
Speaker 9: I want to hear something real R and B. So but speaking of real R and B, let's get into it.
Speaker 6: Marie, but just dropped the album.
Speaker 9: Marie was one of my favorites.
Speaker 25: She's a part of this village village and my favorite song on her project is called Hawk.
Speaker 4: You said it's an R and B. See what is R and B anymore? You were upset at Drake for not sounding like R and B. But that wouldn't that's not like R and B. I love it though.
Speaker 9: I think that the only record on there where she had like a verse.
Speaker 6: She's not a rapper at all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she sounds like she's doing it like a doperson.
Speaker 25: No no, no, she's not a singer, but she's like she's more classical.
Speaker 3: Well you should have introduced her singing from but.
Speaker 6: She does R and B and R and B does.
Speaker 4: I could see where you're going with that little bit of poppy rappers. That sounds like it wasn't good.
Speaker 6: She sounded great value. Y'all are in disrespect.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not trying to disrespect. I'm just saying that's how it sounds like. Whenever you sound like a second rate version of anybody, you know, that's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 25: But Mari, but really doesn't sound like anybody like She's right there.
Speaker 9: She sounded like you got to listen to the tape.
Speaker 3: She's very you're the person playing the music. That's what you presented my Now he got.
Speaker 6: One more time on.
Speaker 3: It's right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I take it off and you see to meet Neil is really up for you, don't play hold up, wait a minute, but you know what over there plotting mane to come to my Battle of the Beats tonight if you guys are in Brooklyn or what tonight? Yes, you're going back outside dying now, Charlotte, just can you cut battle.
Speaker 6: I don't want battle the beats. Battle the Beats in Brooklyn.
Speaker 25: We got battle to beats tonight in Brooklyn. If you guys are available, pull up, I got DJ Diamond cuts pulling up to be again, the dom cut Dizzy Bengo.
Speaker 6: He produced Don't Play with It.
Speaker 25: I got Al who produced a bunch of things for Ice Spice, and then I also got Daffy Orr who produces things for Leah Jack.
Speaker 3: The Producer Competition or something.
Speaker 25: Yeah, so they play their beats. Best producer wins. We got some prizes Aspire.
Speaker 3: If you're an artist, you definitely should go out there. You might find your next big record. Absolutely, I don't know what y'all over there doing. It's so much whispering going on. What's happening over there? It's a Drake record about the place. I guarantee serious. Watch you see and you are you will learn some time and listen to up. They over there plotting on you about to play Drake because of what you said. And you're telling me that they sat.
Speaker 6: Watch watch kid.
Speaker 9: Y'all don't don't play no other records, don't play anyone.
Speaker 2: How can they follow you?
Speaker 25: Make sure y'all follow me Ntagram at nilism that's n y l A S Y M O N E E E. And just for the record, I'm not a Drake hater, but I do realize that if you give criticism or say you don't like something, it's like you're a hitter, and it's like.
Speaker 3: That is true, But I am a certified we know I am.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the People's choice mix, let's get into a record that she had on her playlist and was about to play this morning and then decided not to.
Speaker 3: This is Drake no kill is holding off people's shot mixes.
Speaker 2: Next to the record Stuf Everybody's d J n V. Just hilarious, y'all. I mean the guy we are, the breakfast club, long, the Rosa filling in for Jess. It's Black History Month? What we doing?
Speaker 3: You know, every day doing Black History Month? My god, BEATU puts out an episode of I didn't Know Maybe you didn't either on The Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network, and today he's gonna talk about the comparison of Winston Salem State University and FAM you highlighting their history impacting academic excellence.
Speaker 5: Let's discuss.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, I didn't know.
Speaker 22: Okay, both of your seat belts, and let's take a road trip through black excellence. First stop, Winston Salem, North Carolina. Winston Salem State University founded in eighteen ninety two by Simon g Atkins. You know how bold you got to be the founder university in eighteen ninety two, that man said segregation. Jim Crow ain't nobody got time for that, so he started Slater Industrial Academy, which is now Winston Salem State University. Back then you were learning bricklaying and cooking. Today you might be in a nursing lab, putting our v and mannequins, or recording your podcasts in one of the only Adobe labs on an HBCU campus. Simon Giak is probably looking down at WSSU like that single mom be looking at them kids open them Christmas presents on Christmas morning, and no, let me talk about the legend who walk through those doors of Winston Salem State University. You ever heard of Lewis Farrakhan a WSSU grab.
Speaker 3: You ever been watching.
Speaker 22: Wilding Out and seeing Chico Bean? Yeah, being a RAM two. The name of our band is the Red Sea of Sound. Our cheerleaders or you may have seen them on the ground stomp and shake excellence. We talking about Powerhouse of Red and White. And around two thousand and seven, Shavon Oestrada pretty much revolutionized the version of stomping shake that we see today, but that's a whole nother episode. One of the most notable chants at Winston Salem State University is chewed up backcut, chewed up backcut, chewed up backcut, spit. If you ain't a ram, then you ain't. We try to keep it PG for the children and the elderly that want to sing along. That's good, old su. Now, let's head down I ninety five to Tallahassee, Florida and visit Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, better known as FAM You.
Speaker 2: They got a chant too. It's usually led by loose kid.
Speaker 22: He'll say I represent an all the rat Let's say Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, October third, eighteen eighty seven. What exactly Fam You was found at October third, eighteen eighty seven. Now Tallahassee, Florida has seven huge heels, and the part of Florida they gave fam was the highest heel, but it was filled with rattlesnakes. So the state of Florida was like, y'all can have fifteen acres and two mules.
Speaker 3: Good luck. So what did FAM You do?
Speaker 22: Turned it into one of the top HBCUs in the country. They embraced those rattlesnakes and became the fam You rat And if you meet any Rattler, they'll let you know that they're from the highest of seven hills.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 22: Fam You sits at the highest points in Tallahassee, Florida. Even Florida State got to look up at the Rattlers and they hate that. Fam You is so iconic it makes you want to enroll just for homecoming, no cap I experienced it last year. And don't let the march in one hundred touch the field? Have you ever seen them before? The band might do as much work as the football team on Saturdays. And Fam You has some of the dopest alumni in the game. Keisha Lance Bottoms, the former mayor of Atlanta. Fam You grad What about the movie director Will Packer here rattler and he even got a perform in Arts Amphitheater right on campus. So whether it's Winston Salem State University with the motto enter to Learn, depart to serve in the heart of North Carolina or Fam You with the motto excellence, it's carrying down there in the sunshine State.
Speaker 2: These schools are more than just campuses.
Speaker 22: They're launching pads for greatness and they're two of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, no.
Speaker 2: I will happy Black History mon go that's right.
Speaker 3: And salute to my guy bet Dot. Make sure you subscribe to I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast network available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got the positive note is the Breakfast Club. Good morning Morning. Everybody is DJ env Jess hilarious, Chelamaine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Load on the Rosa filling in for Jess. We gotta salute Jasmine Crockett Congresswoman Jasmin Crockett for stopping through Man.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure when Jasmine pulls up Man. The reason I like Jazmine so much is because she's just able to communicate in message, and that is a problem that the Democrats have. They should be leaning on Jasmine Crockett for her messaging. They should be leaning on AOC for her messaging. Whatever they trying to tell people, they need to tell them first so they can translate and then bring it to the masses.
Speaker 2: And also salute to the CEO of Red Lobster, Demola Adam Lokin. I know I said his name wrong, but he's to see you a Red Lops but you.
Speaker 3: Know, and once again I told him during the interview, he's one of those people that folks always ASKU. It's like, what's your favorite interview? Or you know, who do you want to interview? And I never know who we want to interview, Like it's never a thing, like I'm never sitting around thinking like the only person I ever wanted the interview was Judy Bloom, like wanted to like that's my whole life. But when I saw his name on the schedule, I'm like, that's somebody I wanted to talk to. I'm glad we got to have that conversation. Yes, all right, Well you got a positive note I do. My positive note is simple. I want everybody out there to remember this. Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people have a sense of entitlement.
Speaker 7: Have a nice day, you are right, breakfast club, you don't finish or y'all done