Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Now, I got a question of that for all three of you, because this is you know, I have battles with this sometimes where I had a teammate. His name was Andrew Bogut, and he and I have gotten really close. And I learned this from my mother. You know I did it.
Speaker 4: I wrote a book, The Six Man and go by that if you haven't.
Speaker 5: Read it on Amazon right now.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I never planned on saying that, to be honest, but my mother taught me at a young age. I had a story in there where my mother had two voices and I said this to it one time.
Speaker 4: She looked at me crazy. I was like, Mom, when you have on makeup, you're.
Speaker 3: Nice, and when you don't have your makeup, I think I'm gonna get a whooping at any given moment. My mom is six foot tall, so I was scared of her until I was like fifteen, like frightened. And she had two voices though, you know, she had the voice at home, and then we went out to work, she had the other voice. And I think as African Americans, we all have that. You got to switch it up and the cold switch and thank you. And so Andrew Boget was he said to me, He's like, Hundre, why do you talk to like your black teammates and then you talk different when you're talking to like, you know, white people.
Speaker 4: And I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't quite explain it to him, but I was trying to explain to him, like my mother when we went to go she.
Speaker 4: Was on the phone.
Speaker 3: I remember the phone conversation talking to this guy about a house rental.
Speaker 4: We used to rent the small two bedroom apartment.
Speaker 3: Like I went in there like maybe ten years ago, and like I'm like in there like this and I'm looking at I'm like, how did my brother and I how do we live in this space together?
Speaker 4: You know, he's the same height as me.
Speaker 3: And the guys approved the rental, like, yes, it's available to you. She took my brother and myself with her to see this, to get the house, and so we pulled up knocking on the door. He answered the door. It's like, canna help you. She was like, yes, I'm the lady you spoke to on the phone, but her voice he couldn't he couldn't tell.
Speaker 4: What it was.
Speaker 3: The house is not available. So from that moment, like I understood, like how the world works, Like whoa And I'm like nine, nine years old? Like who understands that at nine years old? And like it's just like what you're saying is like how low can you go? When you I mean, what can you lose when you don't have anything to lose? And so that leads me to now I still have to maneuver how I speak. I have to be PC more PC in some places. You know, I can turn it down to other places. Even when we speak, you know, he's always saying, I want to see that springfielder in you. But for three of you, you know, this is my question. You know, the higher you keep moving up, you're going to open doors that you know you've never been in before, or doors we've never been in before. Like I'm thinking, you know, we're seeing entertainers into these billionaire realms and they have to maneuver different.
Speaker 4: You know, we're in this room.
Speaker 3: We don't have a the black Elon Musk whatever you want to call it, or the Zuckerberg Like when are we going to have our own tech companies that are you know, trillion dollar market caps?
Speaker 4: But we're inching closer.
Speaker 3: And so as you move up, you say you want to stay yourself, like we always want to stay ourselves. But are you thinking about how you plan on maneuvering once you get into certain places, and like, what's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 4: I think the only thing I can change.
Speaker 6: Is like I probably curse less in certain places, but that's just the truth. But like anything else, because you know, sometimes you might walk in the rooms and you might be like, man, am I am I sure I'm supposed to be here? And one thing always says, like I've been told, it's look for the signs. And when you talk to other people, shout out to everybody. You guys are very talented, accomplished people, and so am I. And like when you talk to other people, you see the confidence the individuals have and sit in front of you have and all the things they can do, and it's like, okay, you guys are able to do that. You're able to do Like you said, what I was able to do is one in a million, and you know, you can be a teacher and be a lot of different things. And it's like I try to find, you know, the one little you know, spec that I can take to really build from. So when I sit there and I see, you know, great people speak with confidence, I'm like, well, I came from a situation of you know, poverty where you know, single parent, wasn't supposed to make it out, wasn't supposed to be in this situation, I was able to do it with you know, a tenth of a chance. So every time I look there, I'm like, all right, if these people can do it, I can leave here and do it. Because I've done some amazing stuff. Then most people can't even fathom. We talked about a lot of situations, even just for career or like mistakes. It's like, you're worry about how people judge you. But a lot of people stopped their mission a long long time ago and just went to the sideline and started pointing like, yo, that ain't him. And it's like, no, I'm your superior, I'm him. Worry about yourself, you know what I mean. And then from there I move on and just keep going.
Speaker 4: But you know, I.
Speaker 6: Gotta keep it. Dre does a great job of smoothing it and out, but my mission, my delivery, can be a little bit more aggressive. But I definitely earn earn the right to know I'm in that room and gain confidence from comprehending that if you can do great things, I can do great things. And I take it from there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you spot on with the confidence and Drake that story you told about your mother, it hit me dead in the heart because I remember calling my dad.
Speaker 4: I work. My parents are from Jamaica straw.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, now then we said that, now that's not the way. So I would call him, and you know that he has a he has a heavy patois at dialect.
Speaker 4: But that's changed over the years.
Speaker 7: When I would call him, he worked in Manhattan at corporate, and I told the story. I really never know what he did, but I would call him and he would answer it, and my brothers used to laugh, I'll do it for y'all. He'd be like hello.
Speaker 4: I'd be like that, it's me.
Speaker 7: And then you know, he would talk to me in his regular voice. And when I'll call my mom, she couldn't. She never did it. But it used to irk me then, but it irks me even more so now. It's like somebody calls the house. He'll do that, And it's because I'm fighting for him to never have.
Speaker 2: To do it right.
Speaker 7: And so when we show up in these rooms, I show up exactly who I am right now, right that guy used to stand in front of the classroom who couldn't curse. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon. Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachuset. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 7: Right as the same guy that's going to sit on CNBC or Good Morning America Bloomberg, same guy that goes through the breakfast club with Joe Budden, I'm able to.
Speaker 4: Change the conversation.
Speaker 7: The conversation has changed, the information changes, but the person ever changes. And so we're comfortable in the barbershop, or we're comfortable right here in a business school because we trust and we're confident in what we know. And that's the most important thing. I think a lot of times people feel intimidated because they don't know what they're talking about, right, And so that's our thing, is like I'm a constant learner. So every day, like I told you, I just read the Wall Street Journal before I got here. Let's have a conversation, right, I'm gonna be part of the conversation because it's my point. I make it my point to I don't ever want to walk into a room where I'm gonna feel like.
Speaker 4: I don't feel confident. Right, We sat down.
Speaker 7: In some procedures rooms over the past month and it was like, I feel like, yeah, we supposed to. We've earned every aspect of respect and determination and dedication to be in these rooms. So it starts with the confidence, but it also goes into that part of having an education, the feeling like you know what I belong.
Speaker 4: I want to answer this. I'll try to speed it up. But two parts.
Speaker 5: So I never really had to worry about coast. I grew up radical so and I never had a job, so I never really had to worry about code switching because you only cod switch when you're not in a position of power. Elon Muskin curse on TV and it's okay, that's a fact.
Speaker 7: So, but that they got fingersnaps on that joint, that was crazyssance.
Speaker 5: But what I did realize when so when I was working as a financial advisor in my office, you know, everybody in my office was pretty much older white man. And in the beginning part of like the training, they will make you watch videos of yourself like we have like a practice sale, and and I never really realized that I actually had a New York accent until I actually watched myself speak, and then then I started to realize it. And I kind of became a little self conscious of how I spoke because I know that I didn't have the best the best diction. I know that you know, I had an accent, and I didn't sound like anybody else in the office. But I realized that what I thought might have been a disadvantage was actually a superpower. And that's actually helped us is that there's millions of people that actually talk like I talk and relate to how I like communicate as opposed to how somebody else communicates. Those people were left out of the conversation for a long period of time. So never run away from who you are. Embrace who you are, because that's actually a superpower. Now, you do have to be intelligent, and it is important to have a strong mastery of the language that you speak. So you know, it's like you don't wear a jumpsuit to a wedding. It's just common sense. So how you communicate in a barbershop might not be how you community said.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the Batman too, that Jaden.
Speaker 5: Will you know it's I think it's just a matter of just knowing how to communicate properly, not necessarily cold switching. I don't like cold switching. I'm not I'll never cod switch. But Steve Stouts told us something that was extremely important. I think that this has been the key to earn your Leasha's success. It's the thinnest slice strategy. When you're black, you have to deal with a variety of different things that other people don't have to deal with it don't worry about. So for us, we walk a very thin line because most people that are on TV that are communicating finances that are black are They're not relatable to the majority of black people right, how they talk, how they look, whatever. And then there's a variety of different people in our culture of hip hop that aren't taken serious in the business world. Right. So we have to be articulate enough to be respected at the highest levels of finance to be here, right, but we also have to be edgy enough to still be likable, appealable and relatable to the masses. That's extremely difficult. Very few people have been able to pull that one off, and that's something that we do. This is just a blessing that we've been blessed with. But this is something that when you're thinking about you know your pathway forward. It's important because a lot of times when we get isolated in circles that we're in, but we can never forget about the overarching theme of black people. And no matter how good we're doing individually, nobody is successful if the vast majority people are unsuccessful and the vast majority of people are struggling. So it's important to keep relatability. It's important to be able to communicate to the masses while still having your integrity and being able to up the ladder. Like I said, Elon Muster doesn't have to worry about that. Mark Zuckerberg doesn't have to worry about that. They can just communicate and they just live freely. They don't have to worry about street credibility. They don't have to.
Speaker 4: But we do.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: So this is a very interesting conversation that you just brought up. But I just feel like, you know, in the world of media and communications and just everything, it's important that people have other people to look up to. That's why every kid wants to be a rapper and entertainer, because those are jobs that they see as attainable. Because the architect, the doctor, they're not visible. They haven't made themselves visible in a lot of times, and they're so far unrelatable that nobody's even gonna try to be that, right. So if we have to a make ourselves more visible, and we have to make ourselves more relatable as well, that way we can inspire more people, more kids to want to be more than just what they see on television.
Speaker 1: Alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 4: Will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,