Speaker 1: All right, Scott quit KP. Scott quit on us today, so it's just me and you. I hope you can deal with that. You went for the wife meter look, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Look, don't worry, no, no, not wife beater. Fabletics tank top, Fabletics tank top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I don't have the tats. I don't have the arms to pull that off, so I always have to go fully sleeve. If I had tats like you had, I'd probably be a little bit more open to the tank top look. But you know, some of us have like kind of hairy arms a little bit, see, like not fully shaven, so we kind of need to cover up certain parts of our body.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we all can't look as good as you, KP. It's okay. I forgive you for looking so damn good.
Speaker 2: You're you're a busy person. You're working all the time. I'm not working nearly as much as you. I have young kids. They keep me young in spirit, they keep me physically young. We just had different parts of our life. I'm sure you know a handful of years from now, when my my youngest is eleven months, you know, when she's a little bit older, the tank tops will probably get put away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True. May your kids get to be teenagers and they will be like, Dad, everything you do is annoying, Dad, Why are you so annoying? Dad? Stop doing that. You'll see You'll see KP. You'll see KP when one day your kids are old enough to really get a little bit angry at you. But that's okay, it's okay. You get used to it after a while, and then they turn around and they're like, Dad, you're pretty cool. Actually when you go to when you know, you take them to the club and stuff and you pay for their drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true. It's the circle of life. Kids can't live without their parents, and then they go through that phase or they want nothing to do with them, and then they come back around. Luckily, I'm still in phase one of life.
Speaker 1: True true. True. You know what else impresses your kids and well one of your kids and then your other kid is mad because they didn't get the opportunity to go, is when you get to go meet the pope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would be something your kids probably think you're pretty cool for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, one of my kids got to go, so my daughter got to go the older one. My son didn't, he was playing summer baseball. But the White Sox, because they're an awesome organization, had a cool giveaway last night. I don't know if he saw this or now there's me. That was Saturday night. Danny Bell, who used to work at Fox was our guy. That was after the Pope night or after Saturday night the Ozzie Gean retirement. I had the popead on and people were super excited that I got to take a picture of it. But last night, the White Sox gave away forty thousand of these things k forty thousand popeats.
Speaker 2: It's pretty amazing. But I think in baseball timings everything, I don't think anyone saw this team doing what they were going to do this year. And you know, aj sometimes you have a young team with a lot of young players, they can get out of the gates pretty strong. You know, youth is a pretty important thing early in the season. A lot of people we're excited to be there. People are playing for their jobs. But I don't think anyone saw the Chicago White Sox kind of, you know, maintaining the success that they've had this season. And I think They've gone beyond everyone's wild wildest imaginations of what they were able to do this season. And I mentioned timing, you know, with Pope Leo, you know, taking over the Vatican being a White Stocks fan, there's something magical going on with this season. So I think the Pope pat is very fitting for where this team is at, what this team has been able to accomplish this year. And you know what, agent I was on the day you actually were visiting the Pope. I never kind of heard fully about what that experience was. Like, I mean I got I mean behind me right here you can see. I got to meet a you know, former president. And no matter how you feel about whatever party he represents, like there's only so many living presidents in the world. Like, if you get an opportunity to meet someone that important, that famous, it's really the cool perk of the job is sometimes our profession allows us to meet people like that. I can only imagine what that feeling is like meeting the Pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he blessed my hat for me. In case you can't see my hat, I'm wearing the pope hat. They gave this to me. It's actually awesome. So peace be with you, Kevin. I don't know if you saw this, but they also did a Peace be with You where everyone if you've ever been to Catholic Mass, everyone went to. In Catholic Mass, they always do a moment where you're supposed to turn around and meet your neighbors and they call it. You know, you say peace be with you to your neighbors at church, and last night the white tux did that with forty two thousand people in the stands. I thought it was an awesome night. Everything they did was Pope inspired. Everything they did was just that way, and no matter what you believe in or whatever, it's cool to see forty two thousand people be able to get behind anything. I mean, we have enough problems, I'm sure with your kids trying to figure out what to have for dinner that everyone likes. And yes, I mean I played golf with multiple presidents. I've met multiple presidents, been to the White House of multiple presidents. But to go to the Vatican and meet the Pope was one of the coolest experiences because, look, he's from Chicago, he's a White Sox fan, and as someone that was raised Catholic, to be able to meet the Pope. Again. I've said this many times. I met more to my mom than probably it did to me, which is fair or not fair depending on how you want to look at it. But it was one of those things that is life changing because you look at it and say, damn, this dude is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think to your point too, regardless of what religion you believe in, if you are religious, I think anytime we can have forty thousand people at least saying hi to their neighbors, whether they're blessing them or not, but interacting with each other, all kind of being on the same page. I don't think, you know, with the world we live in, if we can just have you know, even if it's that twenty seconds of good and maybe a quarter of those people go out and do something nice and there's this trickle down effects. So great job by the Chicago White Sox for kind of having the creativity to have the popat. Obviously the team is doing something a lot of people in the baseball world didn't expect them to do. Good on them for having that moment to have, you know, people just interact with a stranger and a neighbor, and the more good we can have in this world, the better.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to take the hat off now because Jeremy, our director, is yelling at me. It's too tall. It's too tall, KP. So I got to go back. I got to go back to the regular hat. But that is a nice souvenir that they gave me. They gave it to me early. So and do you know what this is called? Do you know what this hat is called?
Speaker 2: The popat?
Speaker 1: No, it's called a miter. It's called a miter. Yes, it's cool. It looks kind of like an oven mad if you look at it like this, like oh my food is done, I should grab it. But double sided. It even has a little tassels on it. So if you're lucky enough to get one last night, White Sox fans, peace be with you.
Speaker 3: Let's talk fathletics, shall we. They have apparel for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about itcrats?
Speaker 4: Well, I have it on right now and I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep stealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt, my son sole one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 3: And if it gets a little bit chillier then it's layering season and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com, slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP charge out.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you think Let's go to the other side. I mean, after talking to the Pope about the Pope, it sounds sacrilegious kp to go to the Cubs on the other side of town, the team. He is not a fan of Cub fans. I'm sorry to say that. I know he tried to claim him, but he is a White Sox fan. So let's be real here. But the Cubs are the seventy win club. They are hot as all get out. PCA is probably the National League MVP if I had a vote right now, he is for me. The problem with the Cubs they're in the same division as the Milwaukee Brewers, so they even though they keep winning, and they keep winning, they keep winning, they're finding it pretty hard to catch up and gain ground on the Brewers. KP. How good do you think the Cubs are and how dangerous are they in October?
Speaker 2: I think they're really good and I know we'll get to it later on the show. There's a couple injuries with the Milwaukee Brewers, but you know, they're within striking distance of the Brewers. And we've talked about the Brewers, you know, pretty much all year about being, you know, the best team in the National League besides the Dodgers, and I think the Cubs have finally putting themselves in a position where it's realistic to talk about them potentially catching them Ackey Brewers. And I totally one hundred percent agree with you if I had a vote to PCA is the clear cut MVP in my opinion. What he's been able to do, not only offensively, you know what he brings to this team defensively every single night. His ability to change the game on the base pass. I mean, he's on pace to be easy thirty thirty. If he gets real hot down the stretch, he might be a forty to forty guy. You know, we're we're talking about someone who even got off to a slow start this year, but you know, potentially a generational talent. And you know, I think this is what we always kind of expected out of the Chicago Cubs when Alex Bredwyn decided to leave Boston sign with the Chicago Cubs. I mean, he is a winner everywhere he goes. He raises the floor for every team and he makes everyone around them better. And he necessarily hasn't performed up to his standards that he believes for himself, but his presence is so important any clubhouse he goes to. And the Clubs are also a team that's been hampered by pitching injuries this year.
Speaker 1: And you know, they.
Speaker 2: Went out and they made kind of a you know, under the radar move and got David Peterson, you know, way before the official trade deadline. He's been great for them. I know they got help coming. Cabrera is on his way back, but you know, I think it's no surprise that the Cubs you know, are really putting himself on the map as a team that could not only catch the Milwaukee Brewers. I think this is a team you can really start, you know, kind of fantasizing about the idea that they can have a long run in October.
Speaker 1: Well, as a Cub fan, let's hope not okay, kap, let's hope not. Let's hope. It's very short, sweet and it's over with And know I'm just kidding, am I though? But hey, here's the thing they have. Guess they have Cabrera coming back. Peterson has been great. They've changed some stuff with his delivery. I know when I was there, he pitched Craig Council talked about kind of mixing up the usage and doing some different stuff. There's still four games back of the Brewers. They're playing great there. They're gonna be in the playoffs. They're gonna at least be a wild card if they don't catch the Brewers. They if they get Palencia back, it'll be really nice because that guy is really good when he's good. But their schedule coming up is interesting to me. Three more versas the thatts then that's say what you want, but they fight you the does score some runs, they'll give up a ton of runs. Three versus the Cardinals, we all know about that rivalry. The Cardinals are still trying to pretend like they're in this race. Right They're hoving around five hundred, playing well under Ali Marmal. But then it gets interesting. They play three versu. The White Sox at home, Okay, first place team. That rivalry is great. And then they go the West. This is where I think it's gonna get interesting for them, and not for the playoffs, but for the for the division. At Seattle. Seattle is gonna have to win those games. And then at Arizona. And if you've watched Arizona play lately, they are playing really, really nice, so listen, I think the Cubs are gonna be in the playoffs. I think the Cubs are very dangerous because the way they catch the ball and the offense that they can score, because they can really score some runs if they get any sort of pitching and they get showeda to stop giving up home runs and they get some of their other guys, their starters to step up and be good. I mean, they just got Clay Holmes, they just got Kevin Gosman, who you know very well, right, they have from some formidable dudes. I think the Cubs are really dangerous to the entire National League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're gonna find out. Like you said, I think there's no doubt in my mind that the Cubs are a postseason team, how they come out of this stretch and once again the Nats a team that's really really overachieved this year. They are extremely dangerous offense, They play the game the right way. You know, they got great young leadership and do terror there. They're they're a fun team to watch and although on paper the Cubs are a much better team that than Nots, just do a lot of things right. You know, they're there. If you don't go out there and pitch, well, they're gonna make you pay. And then you talked about, you know, just the rivalry with the Cardinals and then obviously the crosstown rival with the Chicago White soxup playing great baseball. Then you talk about that West Coast trip. I think we're going to find out right now how much Creig Council decides to you know, after this road trip. I think we're going to find out just Creig Council kind of push all of his chips in and do they try to win the Vision and at the expense of potentially having guys in the bullpen go three days in a row, three out of four. You know, how they manage their starting pitching, how they kind of manage these games is going to be pretty clear after this upcoming stretch of games. You know, if they're able to win a majority of those games, I think they put the pedal down. They try to win the division, put themselves in a better situation to potentially have that first round by in the postseason. If they kind of are mediocre during this stretch, you know, I think they are a little bit more conservative with their approach. Make the postseason, make sure you're not limping in down the stretch, keep some guys healthy, keep some guys in the back end of the bullpen fresh. But I think we'll know a lot after this three, three, six, nine to twelve, fifteen eighteen game stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they don't want to have what happened last year, right, Remember Matthew Boyd had started on short rest and then he had to do it again against the Brewers and their pitching was all a mess. They'd like to get to a point where they have them lined up. Now, they would love to get a buy and not have to worry about that in the first round, but at the end of the day, they want all their pitching lined up. I mean, they have Carera coming back, Ben Brown hopefully coming back on her, Harvey coming back at some point. They have dudes coming back. It's gonna be interesting, is how Craig council works them all back in while trying, like you said, to win the division. There are injuries on the Brewers side also that we've talked about. So it's gonna just the whole thing is is fun. It's fun. It's fun when the Cubs are trying to win. It's good for baseball when the Cubs are trying to win because it keeps, especially when the Cubs and White Sox are trying to win. Because in Chicago it is a summer thing and they get behind one team or the other. People say they root for both. Not really supposed to do that, but the Bulls, the black Hawks, the Bears. Chicago can root for all those teams, but in Chicago those two teams are split. It's a little bit more Cub heavy than it is White Sox heavy, that's fine. But when they're both good and now they're both going to play each other trying to win, it's awesome. So it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Where are these next three games? Are they at Wrigley?
Speaker 1: Were they at They're at Wrigley, I'm pretty sure. Yeah, yeah, because it's.
Speaker 2: His first they played.
Speaker 1: They played at the White Sox and the White Sox one. Okay, that was the PCA. Remember PCA got yelled at by the fan and told me he had some night choice words for her because she told him he sucks. And then he I think they called him PC triple A and he didn't like that very much. Whatever, so fine. I'm sure I never said anything mean to a Cup fan either anyway. So anyways, if you want more Cubs talk, check out Northside Territory.
Speaker 3: Science Experiment for the one minute we had to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt, and I'm holding a citrus salt, just opened it and to pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 1: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity. It tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free Steavy a free Keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 3: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's q u i ncee dot com slash fu l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quins dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 1: Kyp, I'm sure you saw this. You're an Angel's legend. John Mozal said the primary reason to make changes was because the pitching coaches weren't sufficiently using the technology available. He said. The hitting coaches are also said no more firings during the season. Well, the season's almost over for the Angels. Actually was over in about April, so it can't really fire anybody else. What's interesting to me about Mike Maddocks and the pitching coaches John Cheaty getting fired are that John Mozelak had Mike Maddocks in Saint Louis, he knew what he was about. He probably could have gone to him and talked to him. But what technology weren't they using? Wow? Is there something that I'm missing that most organizations are using that maybe Mike Maddicks hadn't heard of before.
Speaker 2: No, he's probably familiar with all the technology, whether he was using the technologies or not. And I think the story came out with Redetmers wanting to use a track man and a bullpen something along those lines. And maybe it wasn't something that they were setting up every bullpen in order to you know, track movement of the pitches and velocities and spin rates and all that stuff that you know we have the ability to track now. But yeah, there's The angels are very interesting to me because obviously Perry Manasien was there and he was a probably hired He probably hired Mike Maddox. But I think the reason you probably go out and get a Mike maddox is because of his track record and his resume of being able to work wonders with pitchers and and a little bit more of that old school mentality of probably using his eyeballs, probably using his experience to try to get guys back on track.
Speaker 1: The Rays are real. The Rays are real, and they are a real threat to go to the World Series in the American League. Any thoughts on what Nick Martinez is doing at thirty six and how good the Rays are.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. You know, the Rays always finds someone like a Nick Martinez who has been a very valuable starter in the games, and he's actually been a valuable swingman for a lot of teams. He kind of fits any role. But I think anytime you're a free agent in the race call, especially as a starting pitcher or a guy in the bullpen, your ears perk up. They have an unique way of getting the best out of their guys. But you know, obviously covering the Blue Jays, you you, you know, when the season started, we kind of go team by team in the American League East and you talk about, you know, the additions that Boston made, You talk about what the Orioles did, the Yankees are always the Yankees, and then you kind of always forget about the Rays. But there's this idea that you can never really count the Rays out. You don't know how good they're gonna be, but you know they're gonna be relevant. But the Rays are just an amazing organization. They're a team that every year, you know, whether it's people like me that cover other teams in the division, whether it's people that put out the projections for the year, they always undervalue the Rays. And what Kevin Cash has been able to do, you know what Motor's been able to do as the hitting coach there. It's pretty amazing in the game of baseball to have a hitting coach that's been there for so many years.
Speaker 1: Now, it appears that Nick Kurtz we will return unlikely excuse me that Nick Kurtz will return the season after receiving a PRP and JET that requires a brace for four weeks. Per Martin diegos Marcotsee, you probably can do the timeline and think through the scenarios in front of us. For Nick, well, this is a big loss. The A suck that's not sugarcoat at the a's are not good. The Athletics, whatever they're called or not good. Losing Kurts has been a huge blow for them. He is the middle of their lineup, guy that hits homers, gets on bass walks, and I mean, the season's over for the Athletics, but nice tank top. Yeah.
Speaker 2: To me, this is the clear obvious choice. Keep him healthy. You know, my favorite thing about Nick Kurtz is I can't sit here and say I watch a ton of A's games, especially when they're on the West Coast. You know, I'm here in Central Time, I got young kids, I go to bed, but I love waking up in the morning and seeing what Nick Kurtz has done. He's one of the best players in the game his ability to get on base, but when he gets a pitch to hit and he doesn't miss it. He hit some of the furthest home runs in the game. And I really look forward to when he's healthy, waking up in the morning, drinking my coffee and just seeing what Nick Kurtz did.
Speaker 1: True, true, he's a star. He's going to be a star. Let's hope he gets healthy for next year in his back because this dude has the ability to hit fifty plus homers, especially if they keep playing in that bandbox in a Sacramento and he walked like how many I forget how many games in a row? He walked like over and over. It was cool to see how many teams were actually afraid to pitch to somebody on the athletics. So get well, Nick Kurtz, all right, KP. People are sick of it, People are sick of talking about a certain team out west. But did you see who returned for the Los Angeles Dodgers last night?
Speaker 2: Snell Zilla?
Speaker 1: Did you see how he did? Did you see how he did a smart standing bunch of tickets? Look at that line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a look at man. The Dodgers do everything right. You know, I'm gonna get criticized for it, because you know, the Dodgers, the Dodgers are ruining baseball, but they love winning. They're obsessed with winning. And you got to give them a ton of credit with some of the guys that they've had filling in in that rotation. Why guys like Snell and Glass now have been out. But you know it's crazy. You know, Snell was pretty much ran into the ground during that postseason stretch, especially in that world series. You know, he was the guy aside from Yamamoto, that was the most consistent guy in that rotation. They asked him to come out of the bullpen. But getting him back at this point of the season healthy for what they're trying to accomplish this season is just an embarrassment of riches. But you know, good on the Dodgers for going out and spending money and getting guys like Blake Snell and then also being okay with the fact that you're gonna be without him for majority of the season, but you're getting him back for what Dodger fans would consider is when their seasons are really about to start right now down the stretch, kind of getting a little bit of momentum going into the postseason. But you know, he's honestly, I had I had the fortune of facing him a ton of my career. The year that he won his first cy Young with Tampa. He was the best pitcher I'd ever faced at any point if my big league career was Blake Snell during that second half of his first cy Young.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, he was pretty good. Ten punchy, six innings, three hits, one run. This is what they got him for But you know what's funny, the Dodgers bullpen still blew the lead and Max Mounts he had to rescue him in the bottom of the tenth with the walk off at Max Mounsey, one of our FT favorites. The Dodgers bullpen, even with Edwin Diaz back, has been something this year. I don't really even know what to call.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy because you know, they went out and got you know, quote unquote or arguably the best reliever in baseball who was available in free agency and obviously someone who was in the you know, stadiums for the World Series. They didn't rely on that bullpen a whole lot. It was just kind of recycled starter starters coming out of that bullpen. They moved Tyler Glasstaw out of the rotation to be in the bullpen, and on paper, they went out and kind of went out and got Edwin Diaz, you know, to kind of, you know, solve their bullpen issues. And you know, he hasn't been great this year, he hasn't been healthy this year. You know, if there is an Achilles heel for this team, it is that bullpen. But once again, if you saw what they did in the postseason last year, especially in the World Series, with guys like Snell coming back, with guys like Glass now coming back, being potentially able to take some of these guys that are in their rotation right now put them in the bullpen. I guess we'll wait and find out, but that has kind of been their achilles heel, if they have one, is kind of the consistency of that bullpen.
Speaker 3: This is that time of year, Aja, it is Baseball's time to shine, and it is Sea Geeks time to shine with MLB tickets and find the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea Geek.
Speaker 1: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees Cubs coming up. Where's Yankees Red Sox? That means stuff Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up. Go to Seke can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 3: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Gek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Glassdow's going to be back shortly, they're saying, I don't know when. They're saying. He's going to make a rehab start on fret with OKC or he and then he's four in in sixty pitches. Glassnow make one more rehab start after Friday. So in the next two weeks we're gonna see Tyler Glass now, Blake snell, Yamamoto, Scooble, Sazaki, Lower Robleski, Sandy kofax, Don Drysdale, Jackie Robinson my pitch, I mean.
Speaker 2: Might come back.
Speaker 1: I mean it's insane, right, it is insane. But they have not been playing very well. Yes, they've beat in the Royals the last couple of days, but before that they have not been playing very well. So I don't know. It's gonna be interesting to see how it's gonna go with the rest of the season with all these weapons for the Dodgers, but somehow Dave Roberts figures it out and the Dodgers is gonna be fine. Let's talk Paul Skins here for a second. KP. I don't know if you watched him pitch last night, but he only went five innings, I think, only through sixty five pitches. We've had people on here talking about how his velocity is down and how it's not where it needs to be and he is not striking a lot of guys out. You see five innings, only four k's. He took a loss last night, tough loss, and didn't score any run. It's hard to win when he zero runs. But I think the most important thing in this graphic, only sixty five pitches last night. Are they trying to save him for something? Aren't they trying to make the playoffs? I don't understand why. And Matt Presser asked Paul Skins if he was surprised being pulled out for sixty five pitches. Not really. If I were the manager, I'd probably do it too. Wish I could have gone more, but it is what it is, and people are questioning is he hurt? Is Paul skins, hurt KP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's so many layers to this. We don't know. He hasn't come out and said it. The team hasn't come out and say it. He hasn't had a great year. But he's also set the bar so incredibly high for himself. You know, obviously, when he's a velocity guy, he's a stuff guy, and when he isn't really sitting at that high velocity, the first thing you ask yourself is is he hurt? You know, and he's just so good that he was able to get through that start, you know, despite not having his best stuff but only sixty five pitches and you look at his numbers nine to eleven, you kind of throw out the record a little bit. I'm not a big record guy because you're really dependent on your offense a little bit. You know, the innings is significantly down for him, you know, the strikeouts, the innings probably a little bit down. You know, he's always going to be a command guy. The walks isn't a concern, but yeah, I think there's time to be a little bit concerned on whether he's fully healthy. If you know, season three for him, there's just kind of a little bit of wear and tear. The natural regression has taken over, you know, But is this also a sign from the Pirates that this was a team that I was really high on. I love the moves that they made this offseason. You know, we talked about their starting pitching depth. They go out and get a Brandon Lao, you know, they go out and get a Ryan O'Hearn. You know, they start to kind of come together as an offense and be a team that has really stayed relevant for a long time. I'm in terms of wildcard position, but they faded a little bit, and you know they're down there six games back, a lot of teams to overcome. The Cubs are kind of a runaway train. The Diamondbacks are playing unbelievable, The Padres have played better recently, and the Philadelphia Phillies are a great team as well. Are they kind of at a point where they're throwing in the towel a little bit? And is this the first sign of them throwing in the towel? Like, hey, Paul, you're gonna be throwing sixty five seventy pitches the rest of the year. We don't have a chance to win a roads or we don't have a chance to go to the postseason. You're not having the type of season you had last year. You're not really pitching for much either. You're not gonna win a cy Young this year. Maybe this is the first sign of them kind of throwing in the towel a little bit on their season.
Speaker 1: The biggest concern is the velocity. For me, the velosity is down now. He never he didn't hit ninety seven last night, and no point did he hit In July of twenty twenty four he was almost ninety nine miles an hour, and then twenty five he was ninety eight point two. So not to not throw a pitch above ninety seven is the biggest glaring weakness for me with Paul Skens. And he says he's not hurt. The Pirates say he's not hurt, and I guess he's not hurt. But man, it's just a difference when you're used to seeing Paul Paul Skins throw, you know, ninety eight to one hundred, and now he can't even hit ninety seven. I know what happens, but Paul Skins atet that old KP. They protected him, remember, they only let him throw a certain amount of innings and a certain amount of innings, a certain amountings, and also he was a catcher. He wasn't a pitcher his whole life. So I don't know that's the that's the biggest red flag for me, I should say, even though I mean velocity is his.
Speaker 2: I would say there's gonna be a lot of eyeballs on his next start, you know, because you know, I saw it a little bit earlier this year with a Dylancy start. He came out first inning, wasn't thrown with a lot of velocity, you know, early on in the game, he wasn't thrown with a ton of velocity. He ended up getting it back a little bit later in the game. He end up throwing a one hit her in Boston that game, by the way, And then his next start, he came out and was sitting at that high velocity, and he talked about after the game he just didn't feel fully lose. He felt like mechanically he was off a little bit founded as he started throwing some more pitches. But I definitely think there's a level of concern. He's not saying anything, the team's not saying anything, but I think, you know, four days from now, when he goes out and takes them ount again, I think there will be a lot of eyeballs on his velocity. And I think we'll know more when he touches the rubber again.
Speaker 1: True, true, So we'll see, we'll see, we'll see what happens with Paul Skans. This is what This is what happens. This is why we always used to say, with expectations. Right, you go out cal Rawly, hit sixty homers, everyone expects you to hit sixty homers. The next year you're Paul Skins, you win Rookie of the Year, you win this cy Young they expect you to win the SIG every year. Not everywhere ear goes perfectly. Things pop up, things, things happen. So this is this is what happens with expectations. Kpe speaking of expectation it Jeremy Meyer, our director, he thought the Red Sox were never going to lose again. They went twenty seven to three. How they've lost four straight, including two to your Toronto Blue Jays, even after trying to even after the Blue Jays had to get four outs in an inning, they still lost that game two to one. So what's going on with the Red Sox? They've stopped hitting completely, especially with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 2: Nothing is going on. And I love the segue because when you do some incredible things in the game, it becomes the expectation from fans. When you're an individual and you go out and win Rookie of the Year, Sy Young, that's the expectation for you. When you were a team and you have a twenty seven and three stretch in thirty games, which is unheard of in this game, the expectations you're never going to lose. But the way that I see this is, yes, they stopped hitting with the runners in scoring position, but they're three for thirty six over their last four games. To have thirty six guys on base over a four game stretch in scoring position tells you that they're not that far off from continuing that streak. What people don't understand in the game of baseball, in order to go twenty seven and three over a thirty game stretch, you're coming up with big hits consistently, and it's not like the Red Sox didn't have opportunities to come up with that big hit. That's the margins that you play at at the major league level is one hit here, or there. Over these last couple games against Toronto, which by the way, we're one and two run games. We're talking about this team going on the most historic run in the history of baseball. But I'm not super concerned with where they're at. And when you do go twenty seven and three over a stretch, you think about all those kind of moments that allowed you to win a game, these hits that you came up with, these plays defensively, like, the margins are so thin between a win and a loss in the major leagues, and to have this expectation that they're going to just continue to go at a twenty seven and three pace over their next thirty games is unrealistic. But as a person, if I was a Red Sox fan someone that's covering the Red Sox, I look at that number three for thirty six and I'm still very optimistic on what they were able to achieve over this stretch of the thirty games is not that far away. You know, if we were looking at a four game losing streak where maybe they only had ten runners on base, there would be some concern. But they're getting the guys on it's just a matter of getting them in and sometimes it's the difference between winning a game and losing a game.
Speaker 1: True, the margins are very small, and they're supposed to be getting Roman Anthony back Allegedly soon he's progressed to hitting off a traject machine. He was hitting off a te Now he's moved up to a traject machine. You know what that means, KP. He'll be back within a couple of days. Because the traject machine is just like playing in a major league game. We'll see. I don't know, I've never hit off a traject machine, but I can't imagine that it's I mean, I'm sure the stuff coming out of it is the same, but it's not the same as going out there and having a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but it is. It recreates the game in terms of movement and stuff, but nothing replaces the adrenaline, the heartbeat, the situations that games call for, and you're not always going to get that going on a minor league rehab assignment. But when you're a prideful guy and you care and there's certain things that come up in a game and you have to execute those things in a game, you can't replace that with traject But I do as someone who used the traject I do like it as kind of a supplemental of kind of speeding up that curve when you've missed so much time, especially for guys that are not playing every single day, to kind of keep them in the rhythm of the game. It's great, but you know, the game's gone in a little bit different direction. There's probably guys that can only hit off the traject machine and completely skip a rehab assignment. Especially for how long Roman's been out. You know, like you said, it's not unrealistic for him to come back, you know, very soon without even potentially going on a rehab assignment.
Speaker 1: Watching the Blue Jays game, it's from Joey Vado, glad he's just not back leg or back hitping balls. His forward move is delaying his barrel from snapping in place. He sees the ball, knows it's drivable, but his move causes the bat to lie, keeps him from getting the barrel to the bull's eye. Agree. I don't know. Teacher Man probably agrees with the snap, but I don't know about the other stuff. KP. Do you agree, because it's amazing that Laddie has struggled this much, especially at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once again. I mean we're just talking about the difficulty, the gain, the margins, and the expectations that you kind of set for yourself when you're a player like Laddie. People don't ever expect for you to struggle. And I'm still a little bit, you know, flabbergasted over the fact that a guy that talented has seven home runs, he has a six ninety four ops. Honestly, those look like my numbers.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And this is a seven hundred million dollar guy who is the face of the franchise. You never really expect to see it. The fact he hasn't hit a home run at home the entire season is wild to me as far as Joey Vodo's comments. And it's funny because I was on a show in Toronto yesterday and the question they asked me is, if you had some advice for Vladdie to work on in the off season, what would you tell him to work on it? And I honestly didn't even really know how to answer that question. Later that night, Joey Vado comes out and says what he says, and I'm taking what Joey Vado has to say about hitting, you know, like the Bible. This is one of the greatest hitters that I ever got to put my eyes on. He understands his swing, he understands how mcswing mechanics work. I'm a little iffy about the snap, but I understand what he's saying. You know, he probably could have used a different word.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: This is a busy time of year for many of you, including AJ. When you're home, you need everything to get done fast with quality.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, That's why Factor Meals are perfect for me. Ready in two minutes, healthy, pre made protein, all the things I like, vegetables, They're all mixed into one and it's quick, easy clean up. Don boom, I'm full, Move on to the next.
Speaker 3: Task, No prep, no cleanup. Every week, you'll find over one hundred nutrient dense menu items to choose from and new options like salmon burgers, shredded pork, and much more. Plus add on Jill crave like pumpkin flavored cheesecake and protein shakes.
Speaker 1: Let's eat real.
Speaker 3: Head to Factor Meals dot com. Slash Foul fifty off and use code Foul five zero off to get fifty percent off and one free breakfast item per box for one year while supplies last until ten thirty one, twenty six. That's code foul fifty off at factor meals dot com. Foul fifty off Factor meals dot com see website for more details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he said. That's what he said. That's what he said.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 5: People miss you.
Speaker 1: I think, maybe not necessarily the city, it doesn't, but people miss you. That is that part of your dream, your goal.
Speaker 5: I think at one point I'm going to get back when we don't know, we don't know, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's something that I went to.
Speaker 5: We've been through a lot of places this summer, a lot, you know, from volleyball tournaments in Minnesota to see our niece dominate uh her Nationals too. We went back to Boston and we watched three three matches at Gillette or sorry, Boston Stadium, Boston Stadium's note, Boston State. We went there, and then we went to Switzerland and we went to Italy. Uh. In Italy, I had a chance to actually a.
Speaker 1: Text.
Speaker 5: Alan Bart who used to work with us, you know, with the with the Red Sox. He used to be with the Royals and the Mets, and we're going back and forth. He lives, he lives in Florence right now, and we were trying to hooked up, you know, to have lunch or breakfast, and uh. In the conversation, I said, man, my family needed me, and he goes, you keep saying that, and the way I see it, you needed your family, and Carl, I'm telling you man, when he said that, I was like, holy shoot, you know what, yes, because you get caught up on everything, you know, like I haven't stopped.
Speaker 1: I haven't stopped. That's Alex Corroon dur from the dugout Here. On the Foul Territory Network with Karl Ravich and Justin Musel, Alex Carr talked about why he turned down a chance to manage the Phillies after being fired by Boston in late April. I think at one point I'm going to get back when we don't know, corusaid I needed my family. At the end of the day, priorities are priorities. These people are amazing and they're loving life all right. Let's be honest here, Kipie. We miss a lot of time. And something I was always told when I was playing baseball was even when I was home, meaning home games, I wasn't home right because in your mind you're always thinking, who were I facing that night, who's pitching for us that night? How do I get them through seven innings? How am I going to win the game? What time is it? You're always like, oh, man, do I got to leave yet for the field? No matter what, And even though you're present, you're not really present. How much does this mean now that Alex score to hear someone say this, that he's getting to spend time with his family, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you said that, because I knew I wasn't alone in it, but hearing you say that, it's so true. I think the greatest compliment I ever got in my life when I retired and I knew I was done playing the game. You know, and it's not the people immediately close to you. It's like that second layer of people that only see you, you know, occasionally during the season. But someone's just said you look different, and I'm like, what do you mean. They're like less stressed, you know, more engaged, like you. You know, your eye contacts better because people don't understand the stress that we're under as a player, and just because we're home doesn't mean we're present. And you know, having my wife and kids with me along the way on my journey. Like you said, you're home, but you're never present. You're always consumed about who's pitching, how's my swing working, how's the team doing? Am I getting? You know, all the things that happen. And I think for a guy like Alex Cora, who's been a baseball kind of lifer, who really went from playing to kind of in the dugout, who's always been involved in the game, and then you finally get a summer off and you realize, man, how much you've really missed in your life. And when you kind of can shut that part of your brain off that consumes you so much about the ins and outs of the game of baseball, and you actually get a chance to be around your wife, your kids, lose that stress of, you know, having to compete every day to be the best at what you want to do. And I hear this all the time when I'm in Toronto. You know, oh, we could use you, man. You look like you're in great shape. You should play. Would you ever consider playing? I'm like, hell, no, one, because physically I can't do it anymore. But people don't understand emotionally spiritually, physically. It takes everything out of you, especially me. You know, for me to be as good of a player as I was, I couldn't be half in. I had to be one thousand percent committed, and a lot of other things had to sacrifice, which you know, fell on my wife and my kids, and my relationships with my parents and my brother and my friends. All of those things had to sacrifice. So for alex cor to kind of come out and say that that he would want to come back, it might be a difficult thing for him to come back. I mean, this is a very accomplished man, not only as an athlete and as a player in the game, he's accomplished a lot as a manager. And sometimes I think when you're in that arena, you don't see anything else. And I think, finally, when you get out of that arena and you get a chance to travel the world, you get a chance to connect with you know, your nieces and nephews and your wife and your kids, and you get to go explore the world and kind of you know, bear the the or reap the benefits of your hard work over many, many years. It might be difficult for him to come back and manage again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's going to be jobs open, and his wife has come out and said that, you know, or he's come out and said his wife wanted him to turn down the job, which I totally understand our fiance excuse me, sorry, my wife, sorry fiance, And I get it because it's it's hard once you're when you're in that life to get out of that life. But if a team like the Mets, right or the Phillies or another team comes out and they I mean, he's already making a lot of money, so if they throw a huge sum of money at him, I just think that I see him. I think I see him coming back and doing it again. He got a nice break. But you know what, you know this kpe once it's in your blood, it's in your blood. So yes or no? Does does Alex Korra manage next year? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think he does. I think he does because I think the Phillies job may be open. I think the Mets job could be open. Both those teams have a lot to offer money wise, roster wise, and you you know what, and for everything I said, I think it can be true for most people. But what you said, it's in his blood and sometimes all you really need is that summer off for him to be able to go out and do these things he never got an opportunity to do, and maybe it kind of fills his cup enough to be like, you know what, I reconnected. I got to travel, I got to do things I didn't get a chance to do when I was in the manager's seat, you know, over the last handful of years. But it's just who I am. It's part of my DNA is to be a manager, a leader of men. So I wouldn't be I wouldn't bet against him coming back to manage next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, nice. Nice. You can check out Alex Korra's full interview on Dirt on YouTube at Dirt from the Dugout, along with their conversations with Dustin Pedroia, Dusty Baker. Myl Michaelas has officially been DFAID Magic. Michaelis is DFA Jackson Kent. We'll start for the national tomorrow. I'm assuming that means today that there is no official corresponding move. Tonight, Miles Michaelis was saying goodbye to teammates in the clubhouse. Miles Michaels has had a nice run He's had a nice career. Is this it for Miles Michael As you think.
Speaker 2: No, I you know, there's always need for starting pitching. You know, we talked to Ken a little bit earlier about just like a guy like Trey Savage, Jamison Taijong just got hurt. You could see him potentially him landing with a team like the Blue Jays. Veteran pitching is always needed, especially down the stretch. So I don't think this is it for him. I think, you know, his career arc is pretty amazing, you know, not having a lot of success in the major leagues, going overseas and then coming back having a ton of success. It's a pretty incredible story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, I mean, is that a nice career. He's made some money. He's got a big farm out down there by Jupiter where he's from, and yes, there is farming in Florida, and yes there's farming in South Florida. If you haven't been down there, it's a little bit different. But yeah, nice career. I mean, they've only have two starting pitchers in the Nationals that have spent the entire season on the actor or on the active roster, Kate Cavally and Your Beat Vivas. So the Nationals they're looking for anybody, right, They're looking for anybody they can hit. But man, now it sounds like Brad Lord could get some work in as a starter, or at least be built back up into one that's from Spencer Nusbaum. So maybe Brad Lord is a starter going forward. But man, the Nationals this offseason, if I'm them, I'm looking for someone to pitch. And then Spencer Nussbaum again. Jackson Kent will be the thirty fourth fifth person to throw a pitch for the Nationals this season. If Michaels is the corresponding move, only two of them will have spent the entire season on the roster Kate Cavali and Your Beat Vivas. That's pretty crazy by the way that they've had this many pitchers and only two have been there the entire season. I don't know where that triple A is, but there's a lot of plane flight bus rides back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think, kind of going back to the Paul Skiing things, I think this is kind of the waving the white flag for the Nationals a little bit. Who took baseball by surprise with the amount of success they've had this year, and a lot of that's come from what they've been able to do offensively. But I don't think they expected to be in this position. I don't think they are expected to even you know, get a wildcard spot. So I think this is them throwing in the towel a little bit and really building for the future. Having thirty five different guys kind of throw a pitch this year. I think it's really just been tryouts for them.
Speaker 1: Mitz Bannon here. The Blue Jays have claimed Paul Seawald as Steve Gilbert. MLB first reported he had a three one eight ERA entering June twenty third, but gave up seventeen and runs and fourteen appearances was DF eight on Monday, veteran reliever with one hundred and ten career saves run in to help a fatigued Blue Jays bullpen. We love Paul Seawalt on the show KP. He's one of the great dudes. He's got a bunch of saves for the Diamondbacks this year. His era was inflated, but I know Torri Levello said it was gut wrenching for them to have to do this. What will he what will he do for the for the Blue Jays? Excuse me, I mean Louis Varlin ain't going anywhere as closer, so Seawall just a veteran presence to try to eat some innings for him somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean potentially fills that kind of role of Jeff Hoffman, guy with closing experience no longer closing seventh inning, you know, kind of a fireman situation. You know, he's been great in his career. You said, one hundred and ten saves. He's been outstanding his career. A little bit of a down year, but maybe a change of scenery could do him wonders. The Blue Jays have also, this bullpen has just been taxed over this last week, three different cities, back to back to back days, four extra inning games over a five day stretch. They've thrown a lot of pitches in that bullpen, and Paul Seawall can just kind of be a breath of fresh air for them for however long he goes out and pitches.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, listen, adding veteran guys down the stretch, there's never a bad thing for teams, especially a team like the Blue Jays. You know, even though we don't think they're in it. They still are kind of alive for a while card race, So you know, there are only a few games out. If they keep beating the Red Sox the way they are, they might be right back in this thing quicker than we realized. So yeah, I love this. I love this for policy Wald and he gets to play for another team and spread his happiness, his joy and his golf game to not only another team but also another country.
Speaker 2: And a tremendous reporting by Mitch Bannon, you know blue Bird Territories own Mitch Bannon.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go. If Ricky Romero would have had this, then we really would have had some We could had Miller Lite, We could have had a party and Bluebird on top of the CN Tower. By the way, we only have a couple of seconds. Have you done the CN Tower walk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did it on Canada Day. It was terrifying, terrify this year?
Speaker 1: You did it?
Speaker 2: Did it this year just for charity?
Speaker 1: Or do you just do it for fun?
Speaker 2: Nothing in life is free, aj you know that. But yeah, the goodness of my heart, for the fiftieth aniversary of the Toronto Blue Jays, I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, awesome. Were you scared when they made you lean back?
Speaker 2: I didn't lean back. I couldn't do it. I couldn't even let go of a rope.
Speaker 1: Slap Hans KP. Don't forget to check out our brand new custom player license Merchant Foul Territory Shop dot com. You can get Vlattie Junior. I know I expect you to have one of those Ozzi Alby's Chase the latter Kyle Schwarber shirts and a lot of the ones you're seeing right now. They're awesome shirts. We've done a great job staring. Our design team has done an amazing job getting them their Foul Territory Shop dot com. You can also get the og KP, which is the one I'm wearing today. I wore a Murcami one a couple of days ago. I wore the Adlie Ritchman one yesterday. You got a Sam Antonaci there you or you could just get the old og original Foul Territory shirt KP. I don't know which one you're into, but it sounds like you should get a Vlad Guerrero Junior shirt for Blueberry Bluebird Territory.
Speaker 2: Or a Matt Olson shirt. I'm gonna get me a Matt Olsen shirt because I love me some Matt Olson.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair, that's fair enough. And then also, uh, you know when you can wear your Vlatty Guerrero Junior shirt because next time you do this when you go up on top of the CN Tower, apparently we have footage of it. I need to see this footage, so can we roll this footage? That's Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty pretty incredible day they did. The Blue Jays do a great job, you know, much like you said the Chicago White Sox do a really good job of you know, the Pope day and the giveaway. The Blue Jays always go extra for big events. And this happened to be the fiftieth anniversary of the Toronto Blue Jays this season, it happened to also be the fiftieth anniversary of the c N Tower, so they tied the two together. And during the anthem, the Canadian anthem, they kind of made a little bit of a special announcement that there was gonna be a couple former Toronto Blue Jays up there. This is me asking them how safe is it really to go up there? And they told me today or that day sixty people had gone up and sixty people had come down. So I went up there with a little bit of confidence, but I'm not a Heights guy. I really treated this like I had no way out. I really could have just said no. But the Blue Jays have always been great to me and my family and aj As. You know, when you form relationships with the people behind the scenes that spend a lot of time and energy trying to put together the best kind of events possible. When they reached out to me and told me, you know, justin Smoke and Marcoschato were in, who are some of my best friends in the game, but they were having trouble getting some other people to commit. I said, you know what I'm in, I'll do it, and as you could tell, those guys are a little bit more comfortable. I got the one hand on the rope. I never let know that rope that whole time for whatever reason, and I had the power stance too. When I had one leg back, I felt so much more comfortable up there, and despite me being terrified of being up there, it was the most incredible view with the roof open, being able to look down into the Rogers Center in a sea of red on Canada Day with that giant flag. I would like to do it again. I would be probably equally as scared to do it again, but I think the second time, having a feel for it, I think I would be a little bit more adventurous. Potentially let go of the rope first. Secondly, maybe do the leanover. Both Marco and Justin both were able to sit their butt over the edge. Justin being a hunter, he's very comfortable being in a harness, so he was very comfortable with the idea of trusting the harness. Marco, who's a little bit more of a daredevil and fearless when it comes out stuff, he was able to kind of lean over the edge of me. When I was close to the c and tower. Further away from the edge, I felt a little bit more safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look terrified. I've always said I wanted to do this, but you look like me when I had to skydive. Once I said yes, I couldn't back out. So once you say yes, you have to do it. It was that experience like it was the same thing, like you said, but the difference is I had a Navy seal strapped in my back. You had Justin smoke and Marcostrada strout to your back, so I felt a little bit safer, and I always wondered. We always talked about this when the CN Tower, if it ever fell, which way do you run? Because if it starts flying towards the SkyDome, which way do you run? And anyways, I don't need to talk about We always would look up at it and say, man, if it comes at us, which way do we go? But beautiful job you did.
Speaker 2: You ever have that debate if you could, if you got up there on the top, do you think you could throw a ball into the Roger Center?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I feel like I could.
Speaker 2: It's further than you think. But when you get up there, it's you think gravity would help you. But it's it's one of those debates. I guess as someone there, you debated it all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, see everybody tomorrow felt territory again. No Scott, just me and KP. Coach