Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Depopulate the contranception. Depopulate by what was what was the You're going to stick the landing?
Speaker 2: This was the abortion endorse abortion.
Speaker 1: Yes, depopulate by endorse abortion trend.
Speaker 2: This is from the Christian Nightmare. Christian Nightmare.
Speaker 1: Still so good.
Speaker 2: Just I'll play a little bit for y'all just because and the things you say Christian reggae, it's different.
Speaker 1: It's a reggae. So yeah, he's saying he's saying what they want you to do. He's not saying what we should.
Speaker 2: Our consumption and all that.
Speaker 1: But hey whatever, Nah, no, no, no, just deep up wrong devil worship. As a Christian, my main thing is go in there wrang. You know what I'm saying. Hell yeah, anyways, my name is Jack. That over there is Miles gr Yep, yep. And this is what is trending on Wednesday afternoon, March twelfth. Got a spending bill coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an Yeah, so basically to avert the shutdown right now as it stands, Republicans pass their continuing resolution. Basically they're getting the Republicans have able to keep the bill that pass that keeps the government funding. They passed that in the House, all the all the Democrats.
Speaker 1: For what the government funding. I can't stop, Like my brain is just stuck on that ship. Now, that's it's gonna be a real problem for.
Speaker 2: Me doing it in public enough and people go, you hear that white bue singer reggae like that will probably help weird voice or make you double down harder, And you're like, how come a white man con sinc reggae?
Speaker 1: I've been saying this, Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adam, No, Adrian, yeah, Adrian. But anyway, now, so it's now passed the House. It's up to the Senate to pass this. The thing is, they need sixty votes for this shit to pass in the House and in the Senate, and right now there's talks of Chuck Schumer getting the fucking votes together to pass this thing to keep the government funded because they don't they don't want to have a shutdown and having us be blamed. So just so we're clear, this bill that they passed, there's nothing fucking like as they say, it's a clean bill. There was bipartisan because maybe one fucking Democrat who's so lost voted on it. It's gonna slash spending. It's gonna cut fucking Social Security staffing, emergency food assistance. It's like, it's gonna allow Trump to just redirect funds however the fuck he likes. So for everything you think it's gonna keep the government funded, this asshole can just be like, nah, I don't really want to fund it that way.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: So I don't understand what they think they gain from being like, well, we're not gonna we don't want any part of it.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I don't want the finger pointed us pointed at us when the government shuts down. Fucker, the finger is going to be pointed at y'all because you are a party to this nonsense that the Republicans are doing. That's what the fucking issue is here. And it's even wild to to have other Democrats and stuff out here being like, do not fucking vote on this thing, you losers. This is Ted Lou saying to the Tenate Democrats please be fucking for real for once. This is not some shit that we need to keep this shit going.
Speaker 1: This is Ted Lou.
Speaker 3: House Democrats are very clear. We're asking Senate Democrats to vote no on this cutering resolution, which is not clean and it makes cuts across the board, and it's gonna be one of those things where people are going to look at this vote and every bad thing that now happens with Doge and Donald Trumpy lammas, they can go back to this vote. So we're asking Democrats to vote no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty easy. I mean, what's the fucking point. The government is basically being shut down in front of our eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, already they're dismantling the government and I guess just is you signing off on that?
Speaker 2: And the only benefit to Democrats right now is like with John Fetterman, like I would never shut down the government, blah blah blah blah blah. This is not the fucking So all this is being done is because they are very worried about their own re election chances. So they just don't like the label of getting having the government shut down. There they're not standing up for a fucking anything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, again, with the majority of the population behind them, they it comes down to a game of chicken, and they're like, actually, we're not even going to get in the car. We're because like we know, we are afraid of car crashes. It so much of the Democrats problem comes back to just their main ethos being I don't want to get in trouble, like I don't want people to be mad at me like that that is institutionally gonna they are. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll all y'all get primary for this, nons, it's just get I mean again, keep again, but you know what, keep revealing to people that you are actually have no ability to help or protect them American people that you are. You are one and the same with the Republicans in terms of basically saying, we're fine with this kleptocracy we have and let's just maybe something they're just I don't know if like maybe deep down the Democrats like maybe something easy will happen that'll make it a lot easier for us rather than fucking fighting. Right, But you're going up against the softest, fucking scared Republicans ever.
Speaker 1: There's just even like, yeah, they're so addicted to triangulation that they just like haven't been able to so addicted to triangulation that they can't give it up. They just can't give it up. This is why it's so nice to hear from Bill Burr every once in a while. Uh, just continues to be on a heater. Went on uh fresh Air with Terry Gross, who's kind of I haven't listened to Fresh Air in a while, but he was like, you know, talking about these fucks who are eating almonds and competing to have like the biggest infinity pool, who are like making life miserable for everybody else and getting away with it. Terry Gross was like, and who besides almond eaters are you talking about. It's like, wait, I don't think he was specifically saying like anyone who eats almonds are bad? Uh? And then he just like goes off on Elon Musk in a way that's really funny and just feels like, I don't know if one politician, one Democratic politician, just tried to talk like that, I feel like they might recognize how people are actually feeling right now. Hyeah also went off on the shitty quality of Jordan's on a complexy.
Speaker 2: I think it's look, he's he's he's got our he's got our vote, I guess, but yeah, it just shows immediate Like there was a thing I saw in New York mag that was like why AOC and Bernie just are doing so much. They are so much better at this than the Democrats, and it was kind of like sort of not really saying the most obvious part is that they're not fully like beholden to a capitalism as the reason why, Like they're able to speak critically of it because they don't think it's the fucking undergirding of all that is great in this country. They're like, no, there's actually this cause of all of our pain. And they're like, yeah, well, other people struggle. They they've found a way that they also have been idiologically consistent. It's like, just talk about what the problem is. Like they're actually speaking to the fucking problem, which is all of this inequality, and they're able to point a direct finger out this financial system that anyway. So there's a lot of what is different what can be done differently, And the problem is these people they're there to protect the status quo, so of course they have no idea how to talk shit about it or talk about it critically because they're in office to protect it and nothing else. And they've been rewarded because they are so dedicated to protecting the status quo and twisting their mind into the weirdest shapes to be Like, actually, I'm doing a good thing for working people by bailing out Wall Street. I'm doing a good thing for people by getting real mealy mouthed and inconsistent on what human rights are or what like what police brutality is anyway.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing a good thing for working people with this massive spending thing that is actually funded by private equity and will retrain you to be data entry.
Speaker 2: And I'm also doing great because I'm having Steve Bannon on my fucking podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes some Jesus Christ again again with the triangulation, like this is just this is who like they are. It truly is just the only thing they're capable of. It's like asking people to have you ever seen like the footage of pigeons in zero gravity, Like they took animals up into zero gravity in space shuttles, almost seemingly just to fuck with them, and like they just like don't don't know what's true.
Speaker 2: That's fun lying around.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, exactly, experiment and they just look so weird and confused, like trying to fly, but like they're just like kind of floating their entire reason for existence, their entire like moral universe like functional, like universe is oriented in this one direction, and when you ask them to change it, they just like they're like, Okay, yeah, we'll change it. I'm gonna be Joe Rogan of the left and I'm gonna have Steve Bannon on my right because yeah, because the only thing you can do is triangulate. That's the only that's they can't do anything. Took so mind blowing.
Speaker 2: To be like, how do you popularize left oriented politics for the masses? That's what they meant by Joe Rogan of the left, rather than will you have the same guess as Joe Rogan on your podcast but you're.
Speaker 1: On the left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yeah, I have Nazis on too. I have science denials on my podcast too, right, And my.
Speaker 1: Whole is that I just like, think they're pretty cool, think they're neat, and I'm going to tell them that I perfect.
Speaker 2: These pigeons are fucking confused.
Speaker 1: Flapping pigeons and zero gravity. Zero gravity pigeons is what the Democratic Party is right now. They're just they don't know which way is up. I mean, they know which way they're supposed to think is.
Speaker 2: This is why more people just need to start trolling these people and just primary them like regular people, just to fucking make them waste their money, because like, if you say something even remotely normal, I just have a feeling people's appetites are fucking up there are pretty intense for something that is anything other than well, you know, the Republicans are just maneuvering in a way that's making it very difficult just say it for what it is. These people want are actively destroying just any semblance of what America used to be. And you're just basically there being like, oh okay, yeah, yeah, that sounds good. I guess I'll kind of I won't sit at the same table, but I'll definitely dine in the restaurant the same restaurant as them.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, uh so, we we've talked on the past couple episodes about the arrest and attempted deportation of Mark Moose, and uh so there's still we don't have as of this recording, still hasn't been charged with a crime. Still his lawyers still can't contact him. Yeat again, Green car Like he's married to an American citizen, he's fully an American.
Speaker 2: Citizen months pregnant by the way.
Speaker 1: Eight months pregnant American citizen. Uh and you know, just taken away from his family. They're going to try and deport him because he led the protests. So just like they're you know, openly trying to deport him for saying things that they didn't like.
Speaker 2: Wrong thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, one one thing in particular for some reason. But I just so at Columbia University, I just wanted to read this New York Times article. Those at the top of the front page of the New York Times. Days after immigration officers arrested a prominent pro Palestinian campus activist, administrators at Columbia University gathered students and faculty from the Journalism School and issued a warning. A warning. Okay, yeah, so I'm maybe expecting if I'm a student at the journalism school, I'm expecting, you know, a speech of like, look, guys, like this is obviously very scary, but you have the institutional power of like one of the most respected journalism schools at you're back. Students who were not US citizens were told they should avoid publishing work on Gaza, Ukraine and protests related to their former classmates. Arrest urged Stuart carl A First Amendment lawyer and specifically said, like, you guys only have two months before graduation, Like, don't fuck this up to be bad for your career. If you have a social media page, make sure it is not filled with and terry on the Middle East, he told the gathering in Pulter Hall. When a Palestinian student objected, the journalism school's dean, Jelani Cobb, was more direct about the school's inability to defend international students from federal prosecution. Nobody can protect you, mister Cobb said, these are dangerous times.
Speaker 2: That's maybe what they should have set up top. Yeah, yeah, just I don't even know. They're like, look, nobody can protect you a because we don't have the fucking spine for it. And also be like, these motherfuckers are just doing whatever the fuck they want, so truly, I don't know what the fuck we can do. And yes, you're right, these are dangerous times you are.
Speaker 1: Having pease, are dangerous times, which I'm sure everybody is aware of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whisked away by the White House's secret police Ice. Now, who's just using their fucking weird ass jurisdiction to terrorize these people who are not United States citizens and completely try and put a nice chill on our ability to organize and protest in a time when it's probably going to be one of the few at this point still somewhat guaranteed rights that will help us, you know, potentially navigate whatever this fucking new regime is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just half YI. We don't have your back. Nobody can protect you. You're on your own. Get right with Trump and Jesus or get fucked. Thank you for coming to this meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, just do that and just like just nuke your accounts, man, Just don't. Oh, it's real bad out there. Yeah, I mean, at least they're kind of telling the truth now where they're.
Speaker 1: Like, we're not gonna we can't fuck we can't do shit.
Speaker 2: We're not doing shit.
Speaker 1: All right, we're not doing and doing shit. Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, And wanted to shout out four or four Media. First of all, met a couple of people who work there are really cool. So, like Wikipedia has is, you know, still one of the last good things that hasn't been completely ruined on the Internet. One place that they're lacking A little bit that you might have noticed is that the photos they have of people look like shit. Like when you go to somebody's Wikipedia page, like they're they like Scott Beao's page is Scott is all fucked up, Scott BeO in nineteen eighty five being shot from like across like his prom like I don't I don't know, so like everything's like blurry. And the reason is because Wikipedia editors like just have to find public domain photos, and when it comes to like famous people, it's it's hard to find that because there's such a huge industry of people trying to make money off of uh, off of their product, off of their image. And so a few years ago, like this group got together and was like we're just gonna like make it so that we can like have good pictures of celebrities. And so they started in the eighties. Yeah, yeah, So they started like going like getting press credentials where they could a lot of times, like the media event will be like, we don't really consider you guys to be a media really, even though their circulation or like that their reach is like billions and billions of people every month and yours is like you're giving access to like zines that have like dozens of people. But yeah, so they basically kind of pro bono. I think they like put together a little like group and like a little bit of funding to like go and take these pictures. And there's just this one interaction with Jeremy Strong that may like kind of highlights what I'm talking about, where it's just like, oh yeah, it's just a person an uncomplicated way that someone's like this thing should be better. I'm going to do something about it, and gets tangible results despite that not being how things work anymore. The article says, since last January, Wiki Portraits photographers have covered around ten global festivals and a word ceremonies and taken nearly five thousand freely licensed photos of celebrity attendees, and the celebrity attendees are often quite excited about it. Dixit, for example, found Jeremy Strong of Succession at a New York showing of The New Apprentice and as to take a new headshot of him for Wikipedia. His publicist said no, dix had said, but Jeremy said, wait, you're from Wikipedia. For the love of God, please take down that photo. You'd be doing me a service. So he stood and posed and I got a shot of him. Strong's old photo was from twenty fourteen, so it was ten years old. Yeah, but that's just like, that's such a clear Yeah, there's so many people in the way who are like trying to be like, no, we have to protect this image so that the maximum number of people can make the maximum amount of money off of right, and not even like doing the base the most basic fucking job of a publicist, which is.
Speaker 2: To think about what your public image is. And you're like, yeah, bro, let that fucking eleven year photo cook on Wikipedia of you, so when they look you up, they're like, oh, he's still wearing fadoras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Like that is a bad thing. Every publicist should be trying to get a better picture of their client on Wikipedia, and instead they're just, you know, willing to go along and be complicit with a system that is just maximizing as much profit as they possibly can from the system as it exists.
Speaker 2: I do like this Instagram page. It's like all the bad Wikipedia photos. There's one of this footballer, Kyle Bartley. He used to play for Arsenal as a youth player, but like the photo of his is like a dude's like fingers scraping his mouth and nose midaction.
Speaker 1: It just has a hand in his face.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. But yeah, just again, I think they don't realize, too publicist, most people's first foray into understanding your client is probably a Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be like very first, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me get that ten thousand foot view of this person. I do that shit all the time. If I don't know somebody is, I'm I'm first, I'll pull up the Wikipedia and then don't realize that the first page that they're gonna see, the first photo they're gonna see. Damn the Perusa Balk photo they have her. Don't do Ferusa Balk like that? She has so many better photos than the one they put on her page.
Speaker 1: Oh yeahs Balk is cool. Yeah, there's true. I mean some of thes seem like they were put there by people who were mad at them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like you dropped a publicist and they go to Wikipedia like, oh, actually have a license free photo you can put up of this person.
Speaker 1: This one, the more you're fucked.
Speaker 2: Up one you've ever seen of them? But yeah, it's just again, Yeah, to your point, they they'll prioritize vanity fair over the thing that most people are seeing their client on.
Speaker 1: Chapel Rone should fire her publicist for the Wikipedia photo that's up there.
Speaker 2: It's just like they got a about probably is it like ten years ago, Chapelone.
Speaker 1: It's not even that old, but it just like doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like so not her vibe. She's sitting like with sitting. It looks like she's at a like comic con panel where she's like, you know, answering questions about her uh you know book that she wrote about Star Trek the Next Generation and Marxism or something. Chapelone, Chapelone, you know. And I did need to go to Wikipedia to find out who Chapelone was at a certain point, not too many if you go.
Speaker 2: To her Wikipedia find out that her uncle is a Republican member of the Missouri House of Representatives.
Speaker 1: Wow, they got all that in there. Damn all right? Are you sleep maxing? Miles? Am I sleep maxing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was that talks? This is talk soup maxing? You're scent maxing? What is that?
Speaker 2: That's what you're putting on? I'm like criminal amounts of cologne and axe bodies because they're maxing. It's like, bro, I want I want your eyes to water from the chemical reaction your brain is having from being in the presence of my own.
Speaker 1: The trend doesn't even really seem to be sleep maxing so much as just like insert anything maxing and now that I'm like, Okay, this is how I optimize, that's how I get on my grind set about getting enough sleep.
Speaker 2: It's funny like gen Z, they're what like billionaires are to quote, reinventing things or inventing new things. Is kind of how gen Z or younger people just describe things that have already existed, but with like a new phrase, like like just like the whole quiet quitting. It's like, yeah, bro, we've not been giving a fuck at our jobs for a while. That's not that's not anything new. But again, I like the succinct nature of the new phrase. So sleep maxing is what you just sleep as much as possible.
Speaker 1: It's not sleeping as much as possible. It's like optimizing sleep with like a bunch of different bedtime routines. And I didn't find anything that I wasn't really familiar with, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, try try the crippling weight of existence on your shoulders all day, and the first thing you want is to slip away into the darkness of sleep to give you a reprieve from the hell that is your day to day realities.
Speaker 1: Forget the This is from the CNN article on sleep maxing. Forget the simple bedtime routine of brushing your teeth, washing your face, and putting on pajamas. I mean that is about pajamas. I do doffing your nightcap now, yeah, exactly, holding a candle up in the candle holder and asking a dark hallway who goes there? Now? People in search of the perfect sleep routine are adding steps that can include supplements, specific foods. I don't think you're supposed to eat before right before bed. It's not sleep maxing in my book, certain apps and other devices, and a layered beauty routine. I don't know that for some this is called sleep maxing.
Speaker 2: I like one is some Some sleep baxing tips are evidence based. Other hacks may or may not work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I've like on my I got an Apple watch that has because my one burned in the fire. But the new one I got has a new sleep function, like where it does like sleep analysis, and I thought maybe that I don't even know what to do with all that data. I'm like, yeah, I slept during that time?
Speaker 1: What to see? Like yeah, oh, should I need to.
Speaker 2: Start optimizing based on all this data.
Speaker 1: I'm such a bummer when you get you think you got a good night sleep and then your sleep data is like they're like kind of actually fucked up. Man, Yeah, you actually blew it last night. You kind of sucked from the mini bar. Oh my god, wellness check mini bar wellness the first non alcohol related mini bar. Wellness check is what I achieved, Like, did you track all of that? Yeah? Has just did you eat all those snacks? Maneah? You good.
Speaker 2: Usually when we see when usually when we see a spike in that kind of activity the mini bar, it's because someone has like fallen over and they can't get up and they've knocked it all down. They're thrashing and they're finally.
Speaker 1: Last time we saw a spike like that was at an earthquake knocked everything off the mini bar. Anyways, I'm good. Things are good. I feel great. I feel great. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, March twelfth. We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines. Why you still can't get your flu shot? While you still can, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye, Bar