Speaker 1: It's leading off right here on Fantasy Pros MLB. I am Chris Welsh, that is Joe Rico, and we got a full slate oft stuff to talk about across the board, from Betts to home run calls, to a ton of news and by the way, for whatever combination, it's like Ben Noah's Ark of homers. It's just two by two. Everybody had two homers over the weekend, these big two home run games. I know what's going on, Rico, what's up, buddy. We haven't been on the rotation of shows together, but back in action, and I think you were on a little You're on that boys trip that I miss, so survive, okay, make any bad choices.
Speaker 2: Oh, I made plenty of bad choices. Had to take a couple of days off to recover from it. But that's why we got Bubba and Bogs doing great work filling in there. Yet it was a nice little trip. And then this weekend just got a lot of golf in, watched a lot of baseball, had a few drinks. Like I love the summer, man, I really do love just sitting out there on the patio watching some baseball.
Speaker 3: I'm a huge golf guy.
Speaker 2: So that's always a part of the weekend activities, but just really really enjoying the nice weather because here in Canada we get like four weeks in nice weather throughout the entire year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you. It was a one hundred and fifteen degree. There's the hottest on July twenty whatever in recorded history of Arizona. But I'm really happy for you. I'm super happy for you. Well, get into all the stuff and things. Want to remind you, guys, opportunity to win some cool stuff. Whether you want to win some shop code on the FP store or you want to get some FP Premium subscription action going on, you can get that by just leaving a comment on our Twitch. That's literally it. Make sure you're subscribed, of course, come over, leave a comment, interact in the show and you're intered in and you can win that store code FP Premium subscription. If you're a subscriber, you do get a one and a half time odds boost. And I don't know if you guys know this, but let's flip over. We got some leading off apparel and gear in there. We got new hats, we've got new shirts. There you go right there, you can see it on the screen here a little. Actually, that's a unique take the like I love baseball, but the love is the leading Off logo. I just put in an order last night for leading Off hat. I have to get a few hats in. I get a little standard FP hat and I ordered our leading Off hat which should be coming in hopefully in a week, so I can be donning for you guys. But you guys can go over. You can see the ridiculous url for whatever it is, the Fantasyporros dot com slash collection slash leading Off. But you could use that store code to get some of this stuff, or you could just go yourself pick up be the first person to do it. Leading Off shwag is available for you all right. In the same vein of making bad decisions, did the Boston Red Sox make a bad decision this week? And I have to we have to talk about this. I was in shock. And I know this isn't like a blockbuster trade or anything like that, but this trade was so like to me my jaw dropped because the Boston Red Sox, this is you guys all know at this point, but they traded kindly early for Curtis mead to the Washington Nationals and Conley Early was being talked about. It's like a centerpiece trade for like kateel Marte. There were some in that he might be untouchable. And I don't want to be dismissive of Curtis Mead because I have been a Curtis Mead guy. You know, he's been a really good waiver wire ad. He's done a lot of good things. But like Curtis mean for conn Le Early did not make sense. I think everybody kind of genuinely agreed with that. Conlee Early's injured right now. They said he's going to begin to rehab Sigmon on August third. Curtis Mead is going to end up playing second base, that was the word. A long term maybe third base, but currently second base while they make the adjustments, probably be putting like a really good opportunity. But this was a wow trade. This is a trade the Dynasty owners, if it were done, might have had to talk about some vetos here because there's just so much staying power with Conlee Early and he had really been good before the injury. To trade that part of a rotation piece for again, I just don't want to be super dismissive of Curtis Mead to be like, he's kind of this rental thing, but dude didn't make the White Sox roster and it just doesn't add up. It was such a weird trade this weekend, and it does have some pretty interesting fantasy implications. So were you as jaw dropped as I was, or did this I don't know make a tiny bit more sense.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to work my way through it all, but I think it does generally make sense, especially from the Nationals perspective. The Nationals this is a real life Cell High type of trade with her. Now, like you mentioned, Curtis Mead was defaed by the White Sox in March, and now he's traded for a guy in early who I mean coming into the season. I think you and I were both early over. Totally correct me if I'm wrong there, But like this is that we really really liked coming into the season. It hasn't gone as perfectly as I would have hoped after seeing the early returns from Connolly. Early he has the three forty five RA but a lot of the expected numbers are not great. He's given up a lot of homers, a lot of walks this season, the strikeout upside hasn't been what we've seen in the minors, swing strike rate fairly pedestrian ten percent, So he hasn't quite lived up expectations. But that being said, it's twenty four years old. This is a perfect trade for a Washington team which ranks thirtieth in Major League pitching war even if he doesn't help them so much for this season, because I have heard it, you know, gone back and forth. Maybe he pitches this year again, maybe he doesn't. He probably will at the end of the season, but this is a good long term move for a Nationals team that will be desperate for pitching going forward.
Speaker 1: And everybody's everybody's pitching for a desperate for young pitching. And that's like the thing that I guess it, even if you take the player out of it for a second, it's like a young control ROLLI bull left arm, left handed pitcher. That's that's already been in the rotation. That I agree some of it's like pedestrian and what he's done. But you know, you got to twenty four percent K percentage. You hit a three four to four ERA on this season in those ninety whatever innings whip a little bit inflated. Expected was in the fours and stuff like that, and obviously there's some room to grow, but like, we just don't see the cost ever look like this unless there is something far beyond what we all put on Curtis Meat and Curtis Meads value, who, by the way, sitting two fifty four in the air, does have seventeen homers, does have six stolen bases. And frankly, like if this was the old Curtis Mead, you know, the raised prospect Curtis with what I didn't I interviewed Curtis Meat. It's probably my worst interview like that I ever. I've talked about this on my Prospect show. Of the interviews I've conducted. It's the worst job I ever did of an interview. And I almost didn't erit. It was so bad and he was so kind and gracious, but that was like a top prospect Curtis Meat. He looks like he's kind of living up to that, but there's still you know, it's just like this is fine. It feels a little wrintally in that, but this is not usually what we see add up. So that I was just I was kind of blown away by what this trade looked like. So, I mean, we obviously see the structure. You know, they traded from a position of depth in Conley Early. I'm shocked that it cost Early to get Curtis Mead. But Curtis Mead, obviously, in their mind, fills that gap of a guy who's not only been successful this year, but he is going to probably continuously succeed. He's more than doubled his barrel percentage, his strikeout rates gone down, his XBA is supportive, it's actually better than his current batting average, and like, maybe he's going to be like a twenty five to ten guy and they can hit him in the middle of the lineup. Just doesn't feel like it should cost Early.
Speaker 2: No, And the more I look at it too. The Red Sox, yes, they have a lot of lefties, but Sunny Gray is going to be thirty seven Rangers. Suarez is a guy that the fantasy community, the baseball community generally agrees is probably not going to age very well once his starts to dip below ninety, which it seems like it's coming. He's at ninety one seven this year. I'm not sure how successful he's gonna be Garret Crochet will be fine eventually. By Patrick Sandoval, I mean, Jake Bennett looks really good, but this is not a position of depth to the point where I think they should have done this trade. The more I think about it, the more I think it is a loss of a trade for the Red Sox. We'll see how it ends up happening. But Curtis meat it's a good season, but it's kind of an out of left field good eighty five games where his bat speed is worse than it was last season, and it has actually been going down for the last couple seasons from seventy four to seventy three point three to seventy two point six. It's a metric I look at a lot. Maybe it's not as important as I'm giving it credit for, but I think this is more a really good half season for Curtis Mead than oh, he's just gonna be a nine hundred ops guy going forward. The more I think about it, the more I think the Red Sox probably don't come out looking great here.
Speaker 1: And that's been the Bresla thing that just mean bad trade after bad trade. We'll see if this one works up works out. I kind of thought like they were given the grace of how good they've been, how ridiculous they've been, that they could go and potentially make a couple moves that people could put some eyes on. I just didn't think it would look like this. This was kind of a shocker to me, So Conley early the first kind of domino in the Curtis Me trade. First domino as the trade deadline is looming and teams really have not no one has a bent, you know, or broken. Really if you know, you know, they're bending until they break, Like we haven't seen the flood of trades happen. Maybe they're going to be happening soon. We got a week before it. In what continues to look like maybe the best pitcher we have seen and god knows how long, especially if it can hold. Jacob Zarowski continues to dominate and continues to be absolutely incredible this week, and he went five innings, twelve strikeouts. It wasn't eighty three pitches. That's the thing that we don't like. But we have definitely discussed like, hey, should you have your concerns of the management, should you consider maybe consolidating. It's a really, really tough question. We've openly done that, but he continues to defy odds, where he struck out the first seven batters. He ended up giving up a homer to cole kerrig By the way, which was just like, I mean, it just threw so hard a character, just put the bat out and it went opposite field. But he struck out twelve of the first thirteen Colorado batters, And I mean, the stats continued to roll. One of my favorites on this. As you can see the Sarah Lang's over on the on the right hand, if you're looking at the visual screen, put together so many of these really interesting stats. The two that really jumped out to me was sixty six fastballs he threw. They were all one hundred miles per hour more, which is an absolutely Banana's number. And the other one I really like is thirty three of those pitches were one hundred and three miles per hour. And I mean, it's just it's continuously like record after record after record of what he does, and despite even having this stupid management thing, which whatever it looks like, he continues to just clearly be the number one fantasy pitcher in baseball. So the question is is like, obviously this performance is amazing. You're welcome to say whatever you want on it. But where do you stand in that conversation that we've all been kind of having of like, do you is the management enough of a concern going down the stretch here? Should we have any concern about it? It's impossible sometimes to trade the best players, but is that of any concern when you see what he was able to do this weekend in eighty three pitches anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't think you can really trade him unless you get blown away, and somebody might be willing to blow you away with an offer for him. But I think people generally are going to have that same kind of thought of maybe he's gonna throw four innings, maybe it'll be five innings. He's gonna get the Garrett Crochet type of treatment. So I don't know if you're gonna get top dollar just because people have that in the back of their minds. I think he's gonna be more valuable to the person who has him in most cases than the offer you're gonna receive back would be. That's kind of where I'm at, unless you're getting off for, like, you know, another top five or seven pitcher and a second piece as well, Like if somebody's giving you cam Schlitler and a bat from Mizrawski, sure or.
Speaker 1: Deal, Yeah, no one's doing that.
Speaker 3: But no one's doing that right, so yeah, well what does a.
Speaker 1: Cease one look like? Then? I think Schlitler was the wrong name for you to use, because I think it has to look more like a you know, like a sea sore. I mean, I don't know how where you feel in like rasp Musen if you feel he's kind of in that that world, but like, let me look here, like I want you to expand who is the cease hitter plus that you would do it, because I'm starting to get to the space and I said this last week. It's just like I don't really even know if I have the stomach to move him in whatever this deal is going to look like. It's got to be something where I feel, I mean, not me, but this is like the more macro perspective rhetorical where I'd be like if I were you guys, and I looked at this trade and I was like, I gotta get on leading off and ask uh Rico and Welsh if this is a trade, Like if you have that feeling then that trade is probably worth it.
Speaker 3: I would have to.
Speaker 1: Have something that looks so stupid that I would really want to pull the trigger because he is just so good despite So what is cease and what makes Misroowski for you?
Speaker 2: Let's say it's Dylan Ces or any top ten pitcher there if you'd prefer like a Wheeler, or you'd prefer you know, Christopher Sanchez Rasmussen, and then you add and then you add on maybe a Matt Olsen type or a Bryce Terrang or a Miguel Vargas or a top twenty five type of hitter. Okay, that might be asking too much, but miss that's a point. I think that's the point though. Yeah, you ask for too much and maybe you get the world from somebody. But what Miserowski's doing like this is this is the best pitching season since one of the peak de Gram years. I think, like this is just unbelievable stuff that he's doing. And I just don't know if you're going to get that back. You might, but you probably won't.
Speaker 1: Next year, will you have Miserowski as sp one like the sp One? Ooh your hes really?
Speaker 2: I mean from a talent perspective, yes, but I really worry about the injury stuff with him. And I know we're horrible at predicting injuries, but like you mentioned, he through sixty six fastballs that are all over one hundred. Most pitchers are going to require some kind of surgery at some point. It's gonna happen for Miserowski, and I don't know if I want to be the one hold in the bag the year he does inevitably need Tommy John So I'll probably rank him number one or number two. I don't know if I'll actually draft him there though that might make me a hypocrite, But I do worry a little bit about being the guy to draft Miserowski the year that he does eventually, you know, reach for the arm after that pitch and go, oh man, here we go. He's gonna have surgery, and it could happen at any moment. He might last sixty years before he needs it.
Speaker 3: It might happen tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But I just don't know if I want to be the one who is rostering Miserowski, especially he's gonna be a first round pick next season, top five pick.
Speaker 3: Probably. Yeah, it's a lot for a guy who throws so hard. It's such an injury risk.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was going to ask you, is like, I mean, you've already answered it in that you don't want him, but like he's going to be a first round pick. He probably takes a place for Schooble where he was going this year, which is somewhere between like eight and ten, you know roughly in leagues. Maybe he pushes up a little bit. But I think there's the two different discussions are A, do you invest in a pitcher in the first round? And b is Jacob Mizerowski so far and beyond the number one pitcher? And I think the only one that's a question right now is if you draft the guy in the first round like Miserowski and what this, what this looks like. My concern always was like he was gonna be old school Dylan Cees. You'd have one of these games and then you have a game where he walks like five and then and it's not happening. Miserroowski's got the best era in baseball, he's got the best expected era in baseball, the most strikeouts. Dude, looks like he could strike out three hundred this year. So I don't know, especially if you're going to take the training wheels off next year. And there's no any management stuff as well, Like, I just don't know how we have a discussion where he's not the number one guy, but the discussion of like where do you want to invest in the first round? And also there are so many valuable pitchers, like Mirowski is gonna be tailed behind Scooble, and then it's gonna be Cressanchez, and it's gonna be Paul Skeens, and then they're Schlitler and it's just like cool taken miz you know, in the ninth overall pick, but you could take like a hitter in the next pitcher, or frankly, you might be able to take two hitters in the third round. You might get a Schlitzler come back to you. I don't know if they'll really truly be a clump. It's gonna be great offseason discussion. Miserroowski continues to roll. He is absolutely ridiculous though, And I don't like the management, but I wonder if the management is starting to move itself out a little bit. And I think one way they could really fix that is going to be aggressive in the trademarket. Go get yourself a Terrek Scooble. Have some protection out there, Get other starting pitchers that can go deeper into games, that protects your bullpen and that continuously protects a guy like Jacob Mizerowski and just ridiculous numbers. Also in the ridiculous numbers department is the Washington Nationals, particularly James Wood and C. J Abrams, maybe the sickest duo out there right now. Both this weekend with double dongs. As mentioned it was the Noah's Ark weekend of homers. Is they were going two by two. Wood was two for four, two homers, three RBI. Cj Abrams three for five, two homers, three RBI and they both look absolutely berzerko. As you can see on this they're the only team with two players in the top ten in homers this season. They have two guys in there. Six is James Wood and cj Abrams is eight, which is just crazy. Season long totals. James Wood is hitting two seventy one thirty homers, fifteen stolen bases, with ninety six runs comical and seventy two RBI. But cj Abrams doesn't get enough of that love where he should be next And I said this last week when you weren't a round Dude, you and I screwed up in our two round mock, even though it was a ten team because cj. Abrams belonged to be there, and frankly, he belonged to I think me. In the first round. C. J. Abrams is hitting two ninety seven twenty seven homers, which, by the way, is the most by a shortstop, a national shortstop in history, passing Ian Desmon. Seventeen stolen bases, sixty six runs, and eighty two RBI. That's as good as what James Wood is doing, if not maybe even more impressive. It's more stolen bases, better batting average, more RBI. He really tails in the run department, but I mean he is in tow there. These are both first round picks. I know we're talking very macro level of baseball right now, but they just had a ridiculous weekend. All of that being said, do you think there is an actual, realistic way C. James Abrams could get traded and would that have any effect theoretically, Maybe on the value if he goes to a worse environment, maybe just changing environments. I mean, this offense is one of the best offenses in baseball, and it's due to the collective group. What do you think does Abrams get traded and does it hurt any type of fantasy value in your mind?
Speaker 2: I honestly hadn't heard much of Abrams being traded rumor. I don't think it would make a ton of sense for them to do that. I mean, they struck gold with him, Well, why would they trade him, you know, unless you because crazy offer back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the rumor is is because he's a free agent in twenty twenty eight that this team, how it's constructed, they may not feel. This is the rumor that's going out there, is that they may feel that they are not competitive into next year. So the problem is is, if you're not competitive until twenty twenty eight, truly, and you've got a guy who becomes a free agent in that year, can you afford to resign him? Will he want to resign? So it's one of those situations where they could get a king's rant and at this point they can get a king's ransom for him. I mean, you look at the you look at any of the costs on what the trade market's putting out there. If you've got a year and a half of production for what is the best shortstop? I mean this right here, what is this guy's twitter ham Look, I need to look here again. This is Baseball WRLD Underscore put out some good tweets where it shows right here he's number one in WRC plus shortstop by a wide margin. Right now, it's one fifty WRC plus. The next closest is Atto Lopez in the one thirties. Like it's going to cost everything and be a massive, massive trade. So I agree. I don't know if it makes sense, but they're coming from this of being like they don't know if they can resign him, they can bring him back and just imagine what I mean, They could probably get a haul that looks similar to what they got for one Soto. I think it would look in the general ballpark of being the same.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it's hard for me to believe that they could get that kind of hall, but maybe they could.
Speaker 3: If it's out there, then they should take.
Speaker 1: Well why not. It's like a tip is the best shortstop in baseball from a WRC plus standpoint, he's one of the best top fifteen players in baseball, and he's got a year and a half of control, why would he get less than three like great prospects well Soto.
Speaker 2: In my mind, Soto, especially at the time of that trade, is just in a different world of baseball player than C. J. Abrams, And maybe that's a little bit more. For sure, he's a better player, you know, Abrams. The offensive stuff has been unbelievable this year. But I think teams will have to figure out whether or not they think this is the real version of C. J. Abrams moving forward, or if he's more than twenty four to twenty five version Offensively. I think he's a good player either way, but is he an MVP level hitter every year going forward? I'm not sure the ceiling is quite that high on a year in a year out basis. And also defensively he's not good. He is really like I think he's a second baseman in the long run as opposed to a shortstop negative eight fielding run value negative eleven. Not it's above average, so that might hurt a little bit of the trade return as well. If I'm Washington this guy, I'm probably trying to lock up in the long term. I think that with him, and would you have such an amazing offensive duo there I would want to keep them together and let them have their primes together. For this team, it's a new regime in the front office this season, and I would imagine they'd be smarter than the previous one, which is a pretty low bard across. But if I'm the Nationals, unless I get a stupid bit offer, I think C. J. Abrams is staying in Washington.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, like I'm not saying one for one, it's the exact same on soda, Like Soda definitely had a presence. It's a bit higher, but I'm saying the general space, we're also a couple of years out, price of the brick gets bigger, you know what I mean. Like it's good, look at what Conley look at, like the Curtis Mead cost. Now put that on what is one of the better players in baseball. I'm just saying the trade is going to look big, but I don't know what that trade looks like. And frankly, I feel like every team is just trying to kind of press themselves into being like, well, we don't really need that. No one wants to spend. The Red Sox want to spend, and some in the Red Sox in that world, still believe that the cj Abrams to Boston could be an option as well, but you know it's it's a hefty price and just really quickly on your cj Abrams. Like, you know, what has changed has he be? His barrel rate has almost doubled, it's eleven percent barrel rate. His hard hit rates the best of his career. He's getting the ball in the air more than he's ever done. He's pulled air percentage is at a career high end. His pulled aired hard hit percentage is up like over I think over ten percent, I think from the fifties to the sixties. So like, he has made some very very significant significant changes in his game that I don't think is like relative to like the guys around him, or the ballpark or anything like that. So I think if you take that all a surface level, he's taken another step up and there is still some more control. It's just can they get him. I think it is going to be really hard for any team to trade him. It will be a blockbuster trade if it happens. I'm telling you right now it will be. I think it would be. It's going to be a surprising name if it happens, but I kind of don't think it does, because I think at this point the Nationals might behoove themselves to just build around some of these young guys. But we'll see C. J Abrams and James would though absolutely ridiculous seasons, and C. J Abrams is going to be a back in first round pick next year unless things completely fall apart. I just don't even think that's in question. A couple other notes out here, I'm going to Takamarakami win three for five, three runs, and you guessed it, Dubam Homer's are back. He had six RBI by the way against the Astros, so we had we had Murakami back Drew Rasmus in seven innings, one hit, nine strackouts. Is how freaking good is ras music? Is he one of the most underrated pitchers in I mean fantasy baseball, let me do that instead of actual baseball. I feel like he's just so criminally underrated from his production out there to like just I mean, I guess you did put him in the like top ten of SPS when you were talking about that trade, but I just feel like most people don't even have him in that general Ballpark.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it over the last couple of years comes down to the really over his whole career, it just comes down to volume, which is why I think people kind of have thrown him away a little bit. Seventy six innings in twenty twenty one, one hundred and forty six, forty four, twenty eight. Last year he threw one hundred and fifty. But I don't think people are quite used to seeing Drew Rasmussen go out there for a full season and dominate. But his entire career, outside of the twelve relief innings that he threw in twenty twenty, he has been a god in every season. He's a two to ninety three career ERA and a one zero four whip over five hundred and seventy two innings. This year, his ERA is three oh seven. It's the worst that he's had, Like, he is just so good. He's so underrated. Even at the Trump this year, which is playing more hit or friendly than we've ever seen, it's still been so so damn good. And I think next year maybe the market catches up, maybe it doesn't, but he, for me, I think is one of the ten best pitchers in real life or fantasy. Maybe top fifteen. Maybe ten's a little bit high because there's just so much talent there, But he's an sp one for me for sure right now.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things you would love to see. Whenever we talk about trades and the Rays, I just got no idea what they would do, Like they get rumored with people, and I'm just like, I don't know. I don't feel like they ever really want to trade for anything big, and they're like the I thought I saw Bogman in the chat. To me, they're like the Steelers of the of Major League Baseball, where they're just always in it. They're always competitive. They don't ever want to make commitments on guys with contracts. Then they don't ever really want to give anything like they're just weird about that. So I just don't understand. It'd be great for them to put something around Drew rass music a little bit more like Griffin Jackson has had his moments and stuff, but you know, go and get an ace and just you know, give more protection out there. The other note, just hilariously, the Brewers after their trade designated Lance McCullers for assignment. He's gone many thought Colton Gordon was probably what they were trying to trade. They didn't give up much, but bye bye Lance McCullers. Is he's out on the street. He ain't doing nothing, So there you go. I mean, we knew he wasn't gonna be a fix for any of their rotation, but proven more so that a week out and I think he had two relief appearances, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think, so yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, in my head with the Brewers, I heard that they're acquiring him, it's like, Okay, if there's any franchise that could fix him, it's probably the Brewers. And then after like two weeks they're like, nah, we can't fix them. Nobody can fix them. So I feel bad for Lance McCullers. Like the talent coming up, I thought he was gonna be a great pitcher, but just the injuries, it's been a tough career for him for sure.
Speaker 1: That it definitely has make sure you, guys, if you're trying to make the best decisions, manage your lineups and win your leagues, that you're doing it with my playbook, Fantasy Bros. Has got you covered. You can import your team, get customized Fantasy Baseball news rankings and analysis. You can sink your league even today. You can still do it fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook optimize those lineups. Do it at that link, or you can download the Fantasy Pros app just in case we're not here. We're not around for you. Hey, a couple questions from the audience, by the way, Sergio, Hey, guys, should I trade Gavin Williams for Dingler and Jacks if I don't have much pitching and just got Shay Lngleers, which we're going to talk about here in a little bit Shae lng Leiers on the IL. Or should I just take Ryan Jeffers off of Waivers? Ooh, that's really interesting. Jeffers is a total good replacement. But I don't know, Like I like Gavin Williams and everything, but Williams for Jacks could actually be closer than you think, and you're getting a pretty good fantasy Cait, what would you do? It's essentially Gavin Williams and Jeffers or Dingler and Jacks. Which one do you want?
Speaker 2: I think I'm taking that trade if Gavin will or not Williams, Griffin Jacks had that awful performance a week or so ago at Fenway seven earned runs, and everybody was kind of like, all right, should we rop Griffin Jacks. But really it was one bad start against a team that was on a fifteen game win streak, and other than that, he's been nails. Five six inning starts and one or two earned runs. He had the ten strakeout game against the Yankees, seven strikeouts against the Royals.
Speaker 3: He's been really, really good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's that much of a downgrade from Gavin Williams and Dylan Dingler is like a top three catcher in fantasy this year, top five catcher at worse, and now with lank clears out, maybe even higher. I think I'm taking the trade. I like both options really because Ryan Jeffers a freebie on Ryan Jeffers is pretty sweet. But I think I'm taking the trade honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm good with that too, and I trusting one of the rest of the season. Jeffers is interesting. Though he gets traded, he goes into a really good spot, but you know, I think there's also an opportunity that he can go to a spot where he's just a part of a really good rotation of catchers, and he's not guaranteed anything.
Speaker 2: So the Twins are just so weird about their Like, I don't know what they're doing at any given time. Last year, they traded Duran, they traded Louis Varland. I thought that they were going to start to tear things down, and I saw a report this morning. Oh no, they're going to add pieces and go for it. They're like they're a game under five hundred. But that's the expanded wild card. That's the era we live in. Every single team thinks to have a chance. So I'm not sure what's gonna happen. But it doesn't look like Joe Ryan's getting traded. Buxton, no, Jeff Jeffer's no. So I don't know what they're gonna do, but I think they should sell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's I completely agree with you on that. I'm not sure why they're like so committed. I mean, I know why they're committed to make a run for it, but I don't know. I'd like to the Twins. Also don't know what the Twins are doing now. One hundred percent. Waukee knows. Wonky would know better than anybody. Would you take Dansby Pratt or Nunya's this week at shortstop Dan's Bay. I think for me.
Speaker 2: It's probably Dansby unless you're really looking for some speed. But Nae Dounia is been awesome for a while now.
Speaker 1: Then they score lots of runs Sounia. I don't have no problem with Junia's, but I think, like you said, it's more built around, like if I'm going for stolen bases, would you drop to activate a Kunya who Ronald Kunya is activated off the IL today? Finally they said they're going to do this weekend, but that didn't happen. Would you drop Ewing Simpson or Braiden Montgomery for activating a Cooney? I think it's got to be Braiden.
Speaker 2: I think it's got to be Braiden. I don't have any shares of him, so I just need to check how he's been doing. It's not been too bad, but I think he's still He's probably the drop there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do we think the Royals are going to trade either of their faces with or Salvey? Absolutely not there is. I mean Salvey could be, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: If Bobby wit Junior gets traded, we'll do an emergency stream, I'll make it.
Speaker 3: It's not happening, that's how yeh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Get like this. Sometimes there are things that will just never happen, and that's one of them that will just never happen.
Speaker 2: There's like a not a life ession if there's a real life draft for the next ten years of like, which player would you start your franchise with? Bobby Wit Junior's probably number one for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean he and like you we were saying with ce j Abrams, as good as he is offensively, he's negative defensive wise, Bobby Wait Junior. The reason he's up there is he is so good defensively, so good offensive Like, I completely agree. He is top two to three in players you would start a franchise with for sure. All Right, we'll continue kind of taking a look at some of your questions. Want to get you guys involved in here. But fun fact, the Marlins have lost twelve straight games. How fun is this? It's franchise record. They are now three games out of the Wildcard, which, by the way, I just wanted to point out that's actually impressive that they've lost twelve straight and they're only three games out of the wild card. But what I bring to you is is this enough that the Marlins would consider selling now? And does this put sandal Contra on a new team? Could that move be positive or negative? By the way they are in a weird spot. I think if they were to lose like two more and continue this kind of route, they would have to sell out. But this also team they need to stare at themselves after this horrifically bad run. Here do you think Sandie Contra is going to be on the move after a franchise record losing straight? It's a very fun fact. Le It's also under our deep dives in here, but I thought it'd be better put out as a fun fact. So what do you think is Sandy gonna be on his way out if the Marlins start to move? And do you think they do?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's it's depressing. The Marlins have had such a terrible run for so long, and then they looked great earlier in the year and then it all just totally fell apart. But I think, based on what you said and based on what I said earlier, teams have a better chance of making the playoffs than they previously would have, just based on the amount of spots available, and I think the Marlins still do have a chance trading Sandy. You have pretty much no chance if you look at that rotation and what would be left without Sandy, Ryan Gusto, Jansen, Junk, Tyler Phillips. Hoping that Uri Perez can keep it together like it's rough Man. Maybe Brax and Garrett comes up and helps them, But I don't think that they can trade him right now unless they're gonna do a full blown cell.
Speaker 1: And if do you think, you think that's off the table then.
Speaker 2: And I and I don't think unless we see them lose like every game from now into the deadline, I don't think that they can do that to themselves and their fans. And I wonder how they're going to reconcile the business aspect versus, you know, the fans and selling tickets part. But like a team that looks really solid this year, Auto Lopez been great, I love Herroberto Hernandez, Liam Hicks has been an awesome story. And I think if you sell Sandy and you start to sell off, I think a lot of the fan base will really turn away from them.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean the five hundred fans will go to three hundred that show up.
Speaker 2: And that's a good point. And that is a good point, and maybe it's not somebody they'll consider so much. But I just think the momentum you had earlier in the year as a team, if you sell Sandy, I think that you sell everybody at that point.
Speaker 1: And I think Sandy's gone. I think he's gone. There are only three games out of the wildcards. Should totally understand the ten and a half games of the division. They're fourth in the division, and despite being three games back, they are I have four teams in front of them that have a wild card spot. They have a losing under five hundred record, and maybe more importantly, Sandio Contra only has one more year left on his contract. It's an option. It's a club option for twenty twenty seven at one million dollars. That's fine, they can trade him in the off season. But the return for trading him in season to help this year and get a year and a half of him versus trading him in the off season for one I think the return definitely does change. You got teams on their back. I think the Marlins do do it. I think they consider it, and I think they get a little bit further out as this goes on, but oh and ten in the last ten. Twelve straight losses is a brutal blow. But this wild card thing makes it all finicky, and it's kind of annoying when you want some guys to be traded in the rookie lookie department. As Merlin Valdes two for three with a homer, a walk to RBIs, couple more runs, he continues to roll with his fourteenth home run, which is absolutely ridiculous. His strikeout rates still up there, but as Merlin continues to the magic Man, the Magician continues to roll. Actually just got that like a couple of minutes ago, the Merlin as Merlin. That's why it did not click to me until then, that all. But my brain doesn't work like that. An other pirate on the opposite end Racks and Ashcraft struggled. There's another struggle outing on Sunday. Four earned runs, seven hits, a couple walks in six innings. Then we talked about this last week, didn't we that you did have some concerns about Ashcraft, and I think you felt like maybe it was going in the wrong direction. So this probably fed that fire a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny, Well, because you and I did the thing a few weeks ago about like Bras and Ashcraft or Paul Skiing. Since since I said to Ashcraft, he's been awful. Now, Skeens hasn't been great either. I think Skeen's had five and runs on his ledger on the weekend. But yeah, I think a lot of it does seem fairly unlucky. Like if you look at the game where he allowed five and runs against Philly, it was still eight strikeouts in one walk. The other day was five strikeouts, two walks, Like that's generally what I'll still defer to when a pitcher is going through a bit of a rough phase. The babups in those games where he's had the bad outings three sixty eight, four sixty seven, three eighty five, three eighty five. So I'm still a believer. I'm still a believer in Brax and Ashcraft. I think if you wanted to bench him right now while things are a little rough, I wouldn't really hold it against you. I'm just gonna pull up the schedule and see it looks like the Cubs he has next. I think I'm still just starting him. Honestly, I think I would just keep rolling him out there. Apologies, Actually it's at Cincinnati next.
Speaker 3: It's not the Cubs. Cubs was the previous one.
Speaker 2: I think I'm still rolling him out there. I believe in the talent, and I think this has been more just a rough few starts than anything that we should take super seriously with Brax and Ashcraft.
Speaker 3: It might just be me.
Speaker 2: I might be overly optimistic because I've been a fan of him going back to the preseason, so I might be a little bit colored with bias there. But I think the skills are still intact. The strikeout to walk rate's still twenty percent, a lot of stuff to still like here.
Speaker 1: CCD interesting he said, if we can't trade Ashcraft, do we hold guy like Brandon Young is on the wires? So do you like Ashcraft significantly over Brandon Young?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, I take him over Brandon Young.
Speaker 2: I do like Brandon Young, but Brandon Young's also gonna be hurting the whip a little bit too. The Rara has been good, but the Whip's still one twenties one to thirties range, and I think the upside of Ashcraft is still just significantly.
Speaker 1: Higher any innings limit concerns. I think it's a possibility, definitely down the wild. I think there's a short lease with Braxton Ashcraft. I think the next three start. I mean, I think once you get to the end of August you might start having them pressing some different starts and stuff like that. But I'm watching this like hawkeyed if there's another bad starter too, like how much time do you have to make adjustments off of? But he has been so good on the season, he does deserve a little bit more fantasy grace if you will. A couple other rookies or prospects, at least Joshua Baiez. I know, I saw that in the chat earlier. When will he be up? Nobody knows because he went two for four of the double in his thirty first home run. He continues to roll big strikeout stuff. But I mean, I don't know. You flip a coin, get a magic eight ball, and let's see Twins prospect Kaitlyn Culpepper went one for three with a double and a couple of runs scored. Well, that's important. He had been out for I want to say, like a month or so, so he is back and he could be up very soon with the twins and not quite a proper or rookie really anymore. But I just want to throw this out there. Christian Campbell two for three with a couple doubles on Sunday in Triple A. What's interesting about this is Christian Campbell in the month of July is hitting three sixty four, couple homers, couple steals, more walks than strikeouts. He has had a piss poor season and after the contract. But you just got a wonder could things be starting to turn around? Could the boss of Red Sox be sending him out? He would be one of those guys I would see in any type of big trade that could get sold out. But Christian Campbell maybe a dynasty like cheap pickup. If he's floating out there this month, things are starting to pick back up. On the three up and three down, three up, Mike Trout, Mike Trout, four for four, You got you love to see that's been a while since we've gotten that. Bryson Scott three for four game a triple A short of the cycle, and he had five RBI. The big Yankees output, which the bottom of the lineup did a whole bunch and Jeremy Pania doing his two by two two for four with two home on the down you mentioned it. Paul Skens gave up five runs in five and one third took the loss on Saturday. I believe he is still nine to nine. We're doing this thing again. He's going to go into August without double digit wins. It's crazy. Hunter Green might just not be okay this year. Surrendered seven runs, six earned in five and one third. There have been trade rumors about him. I don't know. I don't know what we can do with him. And then Will Warren three innings, six earned runs against the Phillies, bottom of the rotation. Maybe they want to, you know, maybe they want to try to fix that in the trade market. On the injury front, we mentioned Ronald Acune was activated from the IL this morning, so he's me playing this week. But how about the Mets. The Mets placed Juan Soto on the ale with left calf strain, expecting him to be out at least three weeks. The Mets continue to met Joe Rico and really bad run here for Sodo with the injury stuff. I mean so happy for him. He was able to film his m Stone movie this weekend, but he's got more time to do more scenes because he ain't playing baseball.
Speaker 2: It's tough because when he's been out on the field this year, he's been awesome. And I want to just pull this up to see if it's still correct. What I was looking at the other day was the National League ops leaders for the season, and the top three were Soto, Abrams, and Wood. And I think it might have changed a little bit by now, but all guys who are involved in that same trade just probably should have put it in the fun fact section.
Speaker 3: But pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You don't usually see trades work out like that. But I guess it didn't work out for San Diego looking at things, but things worked out for the players involved, so it was still great.
Speaker 1: But it's just the disastrous season comes to a close. They also like Freddy Freeman had like a decent start or whatever, and he talked about this might be his final start and how he failed the Mets and the Lindor stuff floats around. I'm fascet. I actually think, like there's so many cool things that are going on, this might be the one that is just like I'm corner eyeing and I really want to see if anything does happen like they've got from Luis Robert to Lindoor to some of the younger he's just like, what are the Mets do or do they screw it up and just not do anything? So watch them over the next week. It's going to be really fascinating. But unfortunately you're gonna be without Soto for a couple of weeks. Also on the injury, Shaele Angliers has mentioned I did have this at the top of the show to talk about. I'm really not sure what there is to talk about. Necessarily, he's got a torn meniscus, she Lenglier does. He's likely to miss the rest of the season. Also likely to not get traded. Now it's a brutal blow because that was a top three or four fantasy catcher. So Ryan Jeffers is probably going to be one of the top guys to go and pick up off the wire if available. Maybe I kind of like Francisco Aavarez or he's in trade rumors as well, so those would be my replacements for Shaye Lengliers. Any additions you want to throw out there.
Speaker 2: No, I think those are probably the main ones. I mean, Jeffers I'm kind of surprised that he's out there, but I think it just goes to the depth of catchers this year.
Speaker 3: There are just so many good ones.
Speaker 2: I'd imagine that even in the fairly shallow leagues you could find maybe adult and rushing shown him has been pretty solid. Alvarez, like you mentioned, like there are just so many options at catcher it's crazy.
Speaker 3: But Jonaheim too bad this year.
Speaker 2: It's weird, like a Catchers just have had this resurgence over the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: But that's why me and Bubba you always yell at each other because he's such a defender of catchers, and I'm just like, well, dude, you get I mean, like, I actually think it's more risk to have early early investment on catchers for what they have to return, versus the guys that you can get that are going to just bounce up and get like like obviously like Ben I mean Ben Rice will not have that eligibility. But he was like at the tippy top for for me this year, and that was a guy worth investing. But even like William Contreras, and there's just too much weird volatility. I think guy's a Goodman and lingle ears. I think I've had a couple of years or they've really established themselves, but it's just so much, so much more fun taking the catchers later. I enjoy it exceptionally more.
Speaker 3: I see. This is the thing with me.
Speaker 2: I know I'm going to be different from a lot of our audience because I play in a lot of two catcher leagues, and I think most of the audience is probably not in those two catcher leagues. I prioritize catcher played appearances. The guys at the top that you think can get six hundred plus played appearances from behind the plate, there's not too.
Speaker 3: Many of them.
Speaker 2: But I think filling that spot in those leagues with a guy that you think can get the five hundred six hundred played appearances versus waiting and taking a guy who's in the three to four hundred range, I just think it does give you a little bit of an advantage.
Speaker 3: I see a lot of like the.
Speaker 2: High stakes successful players, they'll double tap catchers in the first six or seven rounds, and it used to be something I hated doing, and if it misses it, it feels awful like it does with every other position. But if you hit on. If you drafted Ben Rice and Drake Baldwin this year, you're laughing, You're doing great. If you drafted cal Rawley, You're like, why would I ever take an early catcher? But I think, like most strategies, it just comes down to the specific names that you ended up landing on. You know, oh, I'm not taking relievers early? Well, what if you took Mason Miller? You know, like every strategy work.
Speaker 1: Well, nothing is black and white people talking. Yeah, there's so many people that talk in exacts, and there's no exacts in any of this stuff, where, hey, I don't invest in early except you know, there's a couple amazing guys or you know it. I completely agree. It's just an overarching thing that cal Rowley failed you, where Drake Baldwin didn't fail you, you know, or you know, going in and being like I'm gonna take alle Hundre Kirk later that failed you to your late catcher versus the Dylan Dingler. So obviously I don't speak in exacts. You don't speak in exacts. I know there's plenty of people do that do lots of shows and stuff that ain't happening here. The other injuries. Yankees placed Cody Bellinger on the tinda il that's not good hamstring strain, and Spencer Jones was called up. Corey Seeger is taking some live VP for the first time since that back injury that happened I believe you yesterday. Matt Chapman is making a progress in his rehab on the abdomen injury and could be activated on the Giant's next homestand Daniel Blindsay is on track for a rehab assignment the week of August third. Maybe clos are coming back, and Blake Snell's make another rehab start on Wednesday and then will likely only need a couple they're saying a couple more before his activation. I don't know, maybe even a little bit sooner. So there you go. Those are the injuries. That is all the stuff and things, and that is going to take us to some home run calls. Let's take a look at the home run board where High Cubby sits high a top high atop his minions. His people below is as Hello, the king of the home runs with forty six, League Goldman with forty one, we still only have two people in the forties. There's quite an interesting gap. Going on there, whips and soflow is out there. I couldn't even tell you where I'm at. I don't even remember who I had because I was out Thursday Friday. I know I was getting close last time, but I'm still I think, pretty far from the board. Thirty is the low marker here, So home run board right there for you making those calls in the discord. The Wan Soto Jersey is going to be up for play. High Cubbies is running away with it. So let's talk about our home run calls here. Who do you got for your home run? Best bet? Yours actually is the one I almost did, but then I was like, he can't continuously just keep hitting homers, can he?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: But you see, when it's forty two year old Max Scherzer on the mound against James Wood, I think he could probably go for a home run hat trick. I don't know why Max Scherzer is still pitching at this point in time. It's his forty second birthday. Happy birthday, Max, You've had a great career. It's time to go sit on the rocking poor on the rock and share on the porch. He has a ten to twenty three era. He is a one to seventy three whip. He has allowed nine homers in twenty two innings. That's a three point six to eight homer nine, two point zero one last year, one point four to five the year before.
Speaker 3: Late career.
Speaker 2: Max Schurzer is a pitching machine when it comes to allowing homers. James Wood, cj Abrams, Luis Garcia, anybody on the Nationals I'll take today. But like I sold Bubba on Friday, I'm not playing it cute anymore. Id Jordan Alvarez over the weekend. I'm going with James Wood today.
Speaker 1: Don't blame you. I'm a little bit cute. I'm going with William Bray. You going up against Jack Perkins with the A's. Perkins give up five homers over his last three outings Boston. I think it's time to roll. They continue to roll. This is also in Sacramento, so I really like, will You're in this spot, so go on my bullet? Will you ar Bray you for the home run call. Also want to remind you, guys I talked about on the last show I was on, and something we'll do a little bit more regularly. But let's pull this up over on Betting Pros. This is something you guys can take advantage of, whether you're betting or making home run calls, and something I'm actually in I'm just gonna throw this out here I might start experimenting with. Is the amount I feel like this hits on doubles. You know, like home run calls are tough to make in general, That's why they're big odds. You could, you know, bet a home run every single week, get four of the five wrong, you get one, and then all of a sudden you're back in positive ROI. But also the amount that this hits on the over one point five total basis is something I think is interesting. But on Betting Pros, we've got the best home run bets model page bettingpros dot Com slash homers that you guys can go and check out. If you sign up with Betting Pros, you can check all of the bets, but right here you can see some of the best bets for home run calls, which we have I believe CJ Abrams, EOHANNEO Suarez and my cameras right in the way but hit probability and then as Merlin the Magician is out there with home run probability cj Abrams at thirty point three percent, So that is your Max Scherzer love right there. It also talks about what they've done over the last ten He has the highest edge of any hitter today at eight point one percent according to the model. And then you guys can look through it. But your three home run calls here Eohaneo Swarez, CJ Abrams and as Merlin Valdez on the MLB Best home run Bets. It changes daily. It's got lots of information you can click and you can see variables like the you know, the weather and the pitching matchup what boosts it positively. But go check it out today. Betting pros dot com slash homers that is the vanity url. Bettingpros dot com slash homers. Those are the system plays and we'll track and see how that goes today. See if any of those picked up. Yesterday, as Merlin Valdez was number one and he dropped that, so that was a good win for the model. All right, best bets, let's take a look at the hard rock best bets of the day. Maybe there were some home runs you could do in there. We're not playing them. What are you rolling with You got some games game action going for your hard rock best bet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one is Orioles and Tigers under eight and a half runs. It's Kyle Bradish versus Kyder Montero. I think people would be surprised with how good kider Montero has been this year. Whip is one of my favorite stats to look at. I think it's more predictive, tells you more about a pitcher than ERA does, And if you look at the Whip leader boards this year, Jacob Mazerowski won, Yam Mooto two, Cam Schlitzler three, Drew Rasmussen four, Kider Montero coming in at number five with a point nine to six WHIP. On the season, he has a three to fourteen ERA. He's been awesome whenever he's been given a chance to start, going up against the Ools and Kyle Bradish, who was a bit of a punchline for the first couple months of the season two ninety six ERA point eighty six whip over the last month. So targeting two really good starting pitchers who are on a roll under eight and a half runs at minus one ten.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the in the strikeout market, and I'm gonna go with Peyton Toley who's up here. Peyton totally at six strikeouts plus twenty six percent k percentage going up against the Athletics who are eighth worst in strikeouts per nine, averaging around eight and a half per on the strikeout, So we've I'm sticking with the Red Sox kind of across the board. He's been hot, He's hit this marker over the last couple the a's strikeout a decent amount. Totally with that high strikeout percentage, I really like this number. It's not super juiced up here. A Sacramento makes the ball fly, which I think makes people like a little bit scared of that one. But that is what I am going to be going with for my hard Rock Best Bet of the day. And you guys can go and check out hard Rock bet today where you can score one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you'll not only get the winnings, but you can also get an extra one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Go and check out all the great promos and all of the great action. You can get in on at hard Rock Bet because you don't have to just be in Florida. There's a ton of other destines nations. Just go and download the app today. That's hard Rock Bet.
Speaker 2: Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Semitol hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one A three to three play wise In Indiana, if you are someone who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred My reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: There you go, friends. That is the episode the over fifty minutes cashed if you played that. I actually thought we were pacing really well and then it wasn't going to happen. Me and or Eco got too much to talk about. We got too many things that are going down there. Notes Tomorrow, Prospecting with the Welsh will not be on the show because I am not on the show, but the video will be here. It'll be on the channel, so I will be record it's solo action and then it'll be posted up on the YouTube. So if you're looking for Prospecting, it's going to be still be there. It'll just be a little bit different. So make sure you were locked into that. I have absolutely I think it's Bubba in a rico tomorrow. Does that sound correct?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know, but we'll say yeah, sure, yeah, a sure, I think that's.
Speaker 3: What it is. What I told the people on Friday is that you tune in. It might be me, and you might be me, and Bubba might be you, and Boggs Bloomfield could show up.
Speaker 2: Who knows, anybody could show up at some point here, So a little bit of a surprise every day at twelve thirty Eastern.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm Monday, Wednesday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week, so I can tell you that, but make sure you're tuned in, make sure you're subscribe to the podcast. Watch us live, Twitch dot tv, slash Fantasy Pros as many are doing here. But if you're watching after the fat, come and hang out with us live and if you miss it, guess what you can get it on YouTube where we've still got our shorts. We're going to go do a trade short right after this and then prospecting with the Welsh will be up there, so make sure you hang out and do that. Thank you guys so much for hanging with us. For Joe, Rico and Seth on the Ones and TUESA, I'm Chris Welch. We'll talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros. It's leading off. We're out peace. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple
Speaker 1: Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB