Speaker 1: It's nine Ogen one O Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Welcome to another episode of nine on two one. OMG, we're very excited that you're here today.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to explain some housekeeping things. Yeah, I feel like we need to tell everybody what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do have an update.
Speaker 3: And as look, as everyone knows, Tory has not been here for a bit, right, She's not been doing the show for a bit for many reasons. About two weeks ago she made the decision, which I'm sure was a really very tough decision for her. But she let us know about two weeks ago that she had decided she wasn't going to continue with the podcast. This was one hundred percent her decision. And look, two things can be true. We can be really bummed disappointed that she's not going to do seasons nine and ten with us with you, Yeah, while still wanting her to be happy and to be excited for her about the things she is working on and does.
Speaker 2: Want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sad that she's not finishing this out with us. We started this together and I'm sad about that, if I'm being honest, Well, which I always am. But yeah, I'm also a really excited for the podcast to come into nine and ten because I know we have a lot of great stuff in store and everybody, you know, just getting past season eight. We did it, people, and we're gonna just finish so strong and also be I'm really happy for her. I'm excited for her to choose herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think we had all decided together that today was the day we were going to tell everybody, And so that's why we're letting you know, you know right now what's happening.
Speaker 1: But don't go anywhere, stay with us. Amy and I are going to be here. I'm going to bring in some special guests to be exciting. You never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: We're really excited about the guest co hosts. We're going to have the special you know, guest stars we're gonna have on the podcast that are from nine oh two one oh.
Speaker 2: I think I feel really.
Speaker 3: Excited about seasons nine and ten, and I think we can be nostalgic about them too and really talk about the series as a whole and you have fun with it.
Speaker 2: Look, the majority of episodes we love.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's a stinker or two, and that's okay, But I wanted to say to you, Jenny, like I'm excited about how passionate you are about nine oh two one oh, and how thrilled we are that you're going to finish it.
Speaker 2: Out for us, for all of us.
Speaker 1: For me, I can't stop like this has been the craziest like awakening of like remembering so many things in my life by by watching the show back and like getting back in touch with me the person playing Kelly Taylor. It's really like this really great experience for me. So I am it's very very kind of a little bit.
Speaker 3: We all were sad when people left nine two one oh, but the show, the show goes on, and there's a lot of exciting things coming for the podcast. So yeah, I just want to say I'm super excited that you are going to finish the series.
Speaker 2: Me too. And also we'll miss you tour definitely, Yeah, everybody will miss you. But reunion time, reunion time.
Speaker 1: The Gang's altogether. Yeah, Yeah, it really isn't as bad as it has been.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I think I feel it turning, Yeah, trying to turn, you know.
Speaker 3: Gabrielle Andrea coming back really brought much needed. It's sort of a camaraderie, a chemistry, a something.
Speaker 1: A sense of like like the way it was. Yeah, it's like, what's that word nostalgic.
Speaker 3: And there's some sort of like ridiculousness in this episode that I can't wait to talk about. You know, we'll dig into it because there really is an interesting relationship with Andrea and Brandon, a much needed relationship that is missing.
Speaker 2: In some of the other episodes.
Speaker 3: Sort of someone that pokes Brandon and pushes him.
Speaker 1: Back a little, but not in like a romantic way, but in like a true friend forever kind of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because even the other boys, Steve and David do not do that. They I guess we saw it a little bit when Steve was pushing back on Brandon trying to go to the other paper leave and that, but that was just so weird.
Speaker 1: It's just different when it comes from Andria.
Speaker 3: Even things different when it comes to and I like that she was so flawed and this we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Jumping In season eight, episode twenty seven Reunion aired April fifteenth, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Val drags David to the West Bever re union, but lies at the party, Janet is ditched by Steve and he doesn't say sorry. Donna protects Noah when other girls are on the chase. Steve runs into Ronda but doesn't remember her face. Andrea returns with a broken marriage and no medical degree from Yale. David sings a condom song, but it isn't a total fail.
Speaker 1: Directed by Chip Chalmers, written by Doug Steinberg. Ah, this makes sense now, the Chip Chalmers. Chip was a fun, fun director, Like there was always a sense of like happiness on the set.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the direct no pressure again.
Speaker 3: The acting is good, the directing is good. There's still some flaws.
Speaker 2: In the writing. There's something wrong.
Speaker 1: Let's just start the top, because you know what, I'm confused. So I'm excited about our reunion. First of all, weird because one of my best friends, Chlorina, told me she was going to her high school reunion in the other year and I was, ohic attack for her. And then now this shows about the reunions so well.
Speaker 2: And this is I mean, this is a five year reunion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: So all the like acting like, oh I didn't recognize you.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, five three years later, it's not enough time to like change that much. But this is it starts with val wanting to attend the nineteen ninety three class.
Speaker 3: Reunion, which I get, and also we kind of need her there, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, she makes it fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So David does not want to go. He's like, I'd rather gouge my eyeballs.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's what's ridiculous about that.
Speaker 3: David doesn't want to go because he's a failure writing commercial jingles.
Speaker 1: David's like embarrassed. He's a little like, you know, his egos is a little blurred because he didn't hit it big the way he thought he was going to or he was supposed to or whatever.
Speaker 3: I need to talk about so many things, But do.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about David's condom commercial jingle? Because first of.
Speaker 3: All, yes, and also the slow clap at the end when he sings the condom commercial, just like this is what I'm really doing, guys, the the condom condom and then everyone stands there and then the one dude.
Speaker 1: Amy, we're not there yet, you are? You know what?
Speaker 2: Every time? Okay, we got to.
Speaker 3: Get to the reunion first, all right, So are we going like an order I don't know you.
Speaker 1: I prefer order because there's a beginning of middle and whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want to do. Whatever you want to do, right, I'm gonna jump around you.
Speaker 1: You know you're gonna drive me nuts. Okay, So, but then David is volunteered to perform his hit because he's like his star one hit Wonder and do some noddling on the keyboard with his condom jingle.
Speaker 3: First of all, writing jingles. Do you know how many people want to be writing jingles?
Speaker 1: I'd like to write a jingle.
Speaker 2: Correct. That's why I'm like, what in the world.
Speaker 1: Jingles are like the most important thing in a society.
Speaker 3: You know how much money people make on jingles and theme songs.
Speaker 1: Because they stick with you?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Alan Thick wrote Facts of Life Different Strokes. He sang some of them. Yeah, he wrote Facts of Life. I think with Gloria Loring, who I think appeared on an episode of nine or two and Oero.
Speaker 1: That sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, facts of Life Different Strokes. I think I've talked about this, but there's a version of where Robin Thick did like a Mother's Day special and he sings the theme songs but kind of makes them Robin thicky and let me tell you, never in my life have I been like was different strokes like a.
Speaker 2: Top ten hit. It's so yes, And then they do that you take the good, you take that right? He makes it like soul and I'm like, I think I love you.
Speaker 1: Ro I have the question, who's this new sorority batch? Is this a news person in the show that I've never seen before? I actually been here before.
Speaker 3: Everyone in the high school didn't go to the high school. I've never seen it before, any of these people.
Speaker 1: I mean, we never really showed any of the other.
Speaker 2: People, but not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird because also too, the metro La is the magazine that's got Noah on the cover. Oh yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: It was so strange because he doesn't go to the high school. And it made no sense.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand what were they talking there? Were they talking like shit about everybody in the little pamphlet for the reunion that was apparently passed out out of the game.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how a reunion works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me, because I've never been to one.
Speaker 3: This is how a reunion works. And I am these people's exact age. You get like a weird email. Hey, we're having a reunion at the Veterans Hall seven o'clock on the ninth and you show up. There's no pamphlet, there's no year book, there's none of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Feel like talking badly about everybody.
Speaker 2: That's let me tell you what.
Speaker 3: There also wasn't a stage where Brandon Walsh gave like a heartfelt speech with a full spotlight on him.
Speaker 1: Oh, they don't have that, Like people don't get to make speeches.
Speaker 3: And was it supposed to be at the school? You also don't have your reunions at the school. The key to the gym, by the way, that looks like no key has ever looked. Did you see the key to the gym? It wasn't the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was like I don't know a key from.
Speaker 3: Like a jewelry box, like.
Speaker 1: These are the things that you notice. I guess, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, that's not the key to the gym. That's the Kapa Kapa gamma key, Like do you know what I mean? Like it was just a fake key.
Speaker 1: Noah, I guess. Was supposed to be interviewed by the Young Entrepreneurs magazine, but somehow it got messed up and now he's on a metro la and Donna about how he's just he's like such this, But don't you think the reporter would have like tapped into oh wait, he was just on trial for a sex offense.
Speaker 3: Also five minutes, Donna, stop being annoyed all the time, just stop like you got this hot dude.
Speaker 2: Be happy.
Speaker 1: I think she's just kind of have fun with it.
Speaker 2: But she was so like a little man, she got a little pee.
Speaker 3: You didn't even mention me. And then yes, who was that sorority woman? Like who what?
Speaker 1: Then Andre shows up at the airport and everything's gonna be okay. She's having a freak out on the payphone.
Speaker 2: Because oh, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Having probably they're split up, they're divorced and they're co parenting, which, trust me, I get it, it's challenging.
Speaker 3: But obviously, like they had to inform us, inform us of this quickly right at the top payphone scene. Mind you, everyone has a cell phone in nineteen ninety eight, Like probably she probably would have had a cell phone, I think.
Speaker 1: So was it still like the big brick one, or was it the flip flippy flip flip well, Andrea didn't because they don't have a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Sorry, so she's screaming on the payphone and then does the old okay as they walk up, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like so cute though, the Brandon and Kelly go to pickup at the airport.
Speaker 2: That seems real.
Speaker 3: And also you could still like go in to the airport in this time, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like no one goes to the inn anymore, yet.
Speaker 1: They don't go to the gate. I mean you even go to the airport.
Speaker 2: Me I pick people up, but definitely curbside in your car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mostly I'm like.
Speaker 3: Can you just come over to lot A like I'm in Latte. I don't even pull up the circling. The circling drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, what I did love was when they were back at the Beach Department and Brandon and Kelly and Andrea are hanging out and they're just laughter coming from the kitchen, and it made me so happy to hear somebody, anybody laughing on this show, like having a good time, because nobody does that anymore. The characters never laugh and like have a you know, celebrate.
Speaker 2: It should be loose and fun.
Speaker 3: I think that's sort of maybe one of the struggles of season eight. It's like it's so dramatic and heavy, and it's like, can we just have some fun. I also loved now it got weird. I'm not gonna lie the scene where Andrea goes to the paper. I'm like, what a great moment that Andrea is gonna go in there and see what they're doing and be impressed, you know, like they really are doing something.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The part that got weird is suddenly Janet says I'm your date.
Speaker 1: And makes it aco taco because yes, she's like, is she just doing that to save Steve's from embarrassment about having a date? Or of a sudden she just is like, this is.
Speaker 2: A real date, and she literally loves him.
Speaker 1: Gets invested out of nowhere. Did we see her thank you? Did we see her like inklings of liking you know?
Speaker 3: The most we saw to me was when the three of them were sitting together at that strange ceremony awards ceremony and it was Janet, Steve, and Brandon, and you kind of got the like, oh, this is cool more Janet, right, and you kind of she's getting really in the in the groove with them, and she's sort of a part of the group. It was so weird how they transitioned them to being a cop.
Speaker 1: They do that because is this Janet being a little presumptuous or is she taking a risk to get something that she really wants?
Speaker 2: Can I do a quick rewrite? Here's what I would have.
Speaker 1: Done in the newspaper office.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is how I would have write storyline. Thank you so much. Sorry, please indulge me.
Speaker 3: So I don't mind that she's sort of like, oh, I'm your date, kind of like, look, you got a date.
Speaker 2: I'm your date.
Speaker 3: And she knows it's not a real date. Yes please, and he knows it's not a real date. But they're going through the motions, right, they're going through the motions, and up comes you know, you don't even have to.
Speaker 2: Get rid of Rhonda necessarily.
Speaker 3: Like she's sort of like, you're hut, Steve, like whatever, and Lindsay's kind of sorry, Janet, Oh, okay, Steve's sort of like the big big man on campus.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool. And then there's like a dance, right, and during this dance suddenly they realize, oh my god, okay, but I.
Speaker 1: Just want to say I love this this rewrite again. However, it's the tropiest thing I've ever heard. Huh, totally, But that's why it works. See why they write the tropes over.
Speaker 3: And over and over, and it's like, I would be okay with a trope here. I'm even trying to figure out how we could get the whole stupid shower thing in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I.
Speaker 1: Love Steve being on stage naked.
Speaker 2: Totally, so maybe there's a way. Like Okay, I got it, I got it. They have this.
Speaker 3: Moment where they almost kiss, they're sort of starting to have feelings for each other, but then it's like, no, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: We work together.
Speaker 3: So then he goes with Ronda with the key and he gets like, you know, burned by Ronda no clothes, comes out on stage and Janet's like, oh my god, and so then she just goes home. Right, So instead of the weepy cry cry, he comes to Janet's very tropy.
Speaker 1: He should have been embarrassed though.
Speaker 2: For the nakedness or for how weep well.
Speaker 1: I felled him birs because that's what they're doing with the Steve character. Eight years later, correct story, correct answer, reunion. But I felt, honestly like man I in that sucks.
Speaker 3: And how about when he goes to Janets and he's like, I had to go all the way to the flower mart.
Speaker 2: These are really hard to get.
Speaker 3: And it's like the flower Mark's not upen at Midnight's her like, no, you went like Sevy is the best you're gonna do to get flowered. But he's like, oh, it's really hard to I would have loved it to be more like comedy, like okay, you know they have this moment, yeah, we feel the tension, but oh, it doesn't happen. And then he gets dragged away by Rhonda. He's in the shower, she steals the clothes, he's out on stage naked. Janet's like, oh my god, he's Naja clown, you know whatever. And then she goes home because like she's not who cares. And then he shows up and he's like, hey, I just wanted to come over because we didn't really get to say goodbye. And what I realized is I wanted to kiss you boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't love it that she was crying. It was so weird and that's not Janet.
Speaker 3: Janet's fun, thank you, and she's not weak, don't make her like, oh no, oh, Sneve, I want a real date.
Speaker 2: You need to treat me right.
Speaker 3: It's like she's in on it, dude, she knew it wasn't a real date. And then he needs to chase her like I realized after Ronda stole my pants that you were the one, and then it's like, yeah, kiss give me that.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I would definitely enjoy this episode more totally. I should have had you on staff.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I think that the it's the writing for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you like how cute Andrea looked in her running outfit when she was running with Brandon.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I love that scene actually, and that sort of took me back nostalgic, right. I feel like we've had scenes where the two of them are sort of is it ta tet? I don't know how you say it, like like a kind.
Speaker 1: Of like Jeb like, yeah, it's like a little dance, yes, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hi, it's Jenny Garth, host of the I Choose Me podcast. This week Monica Lewinsky. Yes, that Monica, the one the world tore apart. She's still standing. She's back and done hiding. It really felt like it was one of those situations where you literally do or die. Monica stared down shame and came out the other side. And she is here to change what you thought you knew. And it's sort of not over until we try it. A conversation that will inspire you to choose yourself starting today. Listen to I Choose Me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Did you notice that David called Andrea? Andrea?
Speaker 2: Oh, I missed that?
Speaker 1: When he says hello to her, not seeing her for however many years, he says, Andrea.
Speaker 2: No, stop, I swear, how did I miss that?
Speaker 3: I would have lived for that, because you know, I hate when they do Brandon Brendan.
Speaker 2: I'm like, his name's not Brendan.
Speaker 1: Wait, but she says in I'm not sure if it's the jogging scene. I think it's the jogging scene. She says to Brandon. He says, you have your whole life out of you. You're twenty two, and she says, it's twenty two going on forty two. And did you dude, wait, did you see forty two in real life? In IRL? She forty two in the scene. I laughed, Well, rain figure it out. I do the math, because you know, I laughed. She forty two.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is when was When was Gabrielle carteris born?
Speaker 1: That's extreme.
Speaker 3: If she is forty two, seventy four, seventy no, so she was born in wit years old?
Speaker 2: Was she born?
Speaker 3: Say it's sixty five, seventy five, eighty five, ninety five, she was thirty something.
Speaker 1: Man, I really wanted her to be forty.
Speaker 3: Two so it could be like correct, But the wink was still there for me, Like she's like, oh, she was born in sixty one, so seventy one, eighty one, ninety one, ninety two, ninety three, ninety four.
Speaker 2: And if i've six nyts on, so she was thirty seven, not that far off. No, Like it was a good little huh winky.
Speaker 1: Wink, but there was some other little winky winks. Did you notice?
Speaker 2: Give it?
Speaker 1: Okay? When VAL's talking, oh, save by the bell? She said no. But first she says, oh, did you guys get into a little tiff?
Speaker 2: Oh I missed that one.
Speaker 3: But the saved by the bell one was loud and clear. She saw us saved by the bell. So look, that's good writing. There's some writing in there. Doug.
Speaker 2: That was great, But Doug, there was some that was just terrible.
Speaker 1: Ug oh man, I just I loved it. When they do finally get to the reunion, and you know what, I'm excited to go to the ring, n I'm watching it. I'm looking at everyone's benefits. I'm wondering why.
Speaker 3: And then the fashion still just blurs for me, like none of the fashion and stands out.
Speaker 2: I cannot even remember what you wore.
Speaker 1: Black dress?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, actually you looked good.
Speaker 1: And then two people were wearing you look the same kind of color of silvery purple, Donna, you looked good.
Speaker 2: The black looked good.
Speaker 1: I was boring.
Speaker 3: Do we want to talk about, okay, the storyline with Ross Weber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a questioner.
Speaker 2: We'd never actually heard his name before.
Speaker 1: I feel like Ross sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because we knew that there were we knew during high school that this happened, right, yeah, that was but we basically know and we know that they.
Speaker 2: Were like Kelly's a slat like that kind of vibe. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because she told the whole story about how she got raped by this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did we ever know his name? I feel like.
Speaker 1: I heard the word Ross at some point in my life, or maybe I'm getting that confused with the prop master Ross could be probably is Nope, never heard of him.
Speaker 3: I mean I knew immediately when it was good acting right, You're sort of like, oh.
Speaker 1: But I felt bummed, like I wonder her to have a good time at the reunion.
Speaker 2: True, true, but I feel like.
Speaker 3: My favorite part was the like the nod at the to Tiffany to Valerie. So anyway we'll get to that. That's this is the problem with Valerie. She's terrible, except she's also not terrible.
Speaker 1: She no, she's terrible, but she does she is a girl's girl sometimes like she does come in for the save.
Speaker 3: Or almost like she wants to use her her ballsiness her her sort of like I'm afraid I'm gonna attack you. She loves using it that she will even use it for her worst.
Speaker 2: Enemy, Kelly Taylor. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like she is gonna throw down with this dude and freak him out.
Speaker 1: It's so confusing because then you want to like her totally.
Speaker 2: I was like, but I honestly, we.
Speaker 1: Already liked her because she's like HIVW Malone, I work with the poor I was like, oh my god, I'm in love with her. All of a sudden, she just was making me laughing a.
Speaker 2: Whole, Like you can be anyone you want in a reunion. How is Japan? Japan was great after we went to wherever I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would be fun to go to a reunion and just make everything up.
Speaker 3: These days, you can never even do that because anyone everyone knows what everyone's doing.
Speaker 2: Social media is just like the demise of so.
Speaker 1: Many really putting a damper on my phone.
Speaker 2: Right, Like it's so weird when you bump into someone.
Speaker 3: You're like, I loved that picture of your dog the other day when you guys were in talking Like.
Speaker 1: It's weirdly thing, but you put it up there.
Speaker 2: So right, and you want people to see it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. Did you notice, okay, when Andrea, when Andrea is speaking, or I think it was Brandon because Andre didn't speak, or she did, I can't remember. Okay, they're in the spotlight and the whole crowd at the reunions watching every Brandon have his b Oh yeah, did you notice in the very front when they would show like the group the big audience. There were two extras that looked just like Kelly, same haircut, no and same black dress. And then it was one that was supposed to looked so much like Donna ready hair to hear in a purple dress.
Speaker 2: Were they like your stand ins?
Speaker 1: Then here's what I'm thinking. I think that they wanted. They were saying, oh, Jenny Tory, you don't have to come in for this big wide shot. We have we have you guys covered, meaning somebody that looks like you from a distance. Okay, So then they shot it with that, and you know, I froze right on that frame. I was like, wait a second, that looks not like them. A nice Zunian and Zumian. First of all, Donna perfect hair color match, Kelly perfect hair match. But Donna's hair is down, and in the in the episode at the reunion, Donna's hairs up. So here's here's how I see that going. So they were told that she was gonna wear her hair down, last minute hair change, she decided to wear it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that could have been that.
Speaker 1: So it was very weird that these two lookalikes were in the audience for me particularly, and when I did zoom in on them, though, I was like, wait a second, is that is that me in tour?
Speaker 2: Or it was like your I thought, is that?
Speaker 1: Wait? Are those the Marlin brothers when they played the White Chicks? Because that's when you get real close.
Speaker 2: That's what it looked like. I couldn't take my eyes off the slow clap guy. Like every time I just kept seeing the slow clap guy.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, but he had a big on camera moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dancing with the Stars is looking for a new pro and since last season I came in eighth place, I'm basically an expert easy there.
Speaker 6: I've spent my entire life in the ballroom, so maybe you could use some help. I'm daniel Fishel and I'm vouch Merkovsky.
Speaker 5: You have a new podcast called Stepping on Toes with Danielle and Val.
Speaker 6: Every week we're breaking down Dancing with the Stars the next pro to find out who I'll be sharing the ball and with next season.
Speaker 2: I'll be asking the questions every fan is thinking.
Speaker 6: And I'll take you behind the choreography and judging the performances and what it takes to compete in front of millions.
Speaker 5: Plus we'll be joined by some very special guests.
Speaker 6: It's time to crown a new Dancing with the Stars pro So let us be your guys to this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 2: Do you think I could win?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Listen to Stepping on Toes on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the fact that aunt Andrea and Jesse are getting divorced? Just sort of in a big picture okay, sort of like the odds were against them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never really liked that Jesse guy anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I liked him fine, but it was like the look, remember when.
Speaker 1: He was flirting with the bartender Curl.
Speaker 2: Did he kiss her?
Speaker 1: I didn't?
Speaker 2: She fully? But remember she fully had the fling with a doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but that's Andrea.
Speaker 3: Look that the odds were against them. They met, they were so young, they got pregnant.
Speaker 1: Sobby timed, were tough in the school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was I suppose it tracks. It's just a little bit like.
Speaker 3: So much in one episode WHOA you kind of don't even have time to think about that whole thing because you're like, it was weirdly.
Speaker 1: Like this was an episode of this moment, but it was also because it was a reunion. It felt like there was so much in it that that was pulled from high school days. Yeah, like it felt I kind of felt. That's why I kind of liked it because I felt like I was back when the show was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about hammering the tile.
Speaker 1: The tile that's just been Kelly is a slut has been. They kept that up.
Speaker 3: That five years, ten years, eight years because it was freshman sophomore year.
Speaker 1: Who looks that did that in the hallway. He didn't get in trouble, and they actually kept it up.
Speaker 2: I just kept it like no one's gone into the bathroom and seen that, or no.
Speaker 1: One's been like Lejander hasn't been, Like, we should probably take this down.
Speaker 2: What did you think of this Brandon speech?
Speaker 1: I didn't listen to it.
Speaker 3: I was sort of like zoning out, looking around, not meaning looking around my house, but like looking at him this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was like.
Speaker 1: I was busy looking for the lookalikes.
Speaker 2: It was a little Brandon.
Speaker 1: It was Brandy because he was basically like, we're all here trying to make ourselves look good and lying. But the whole moral of the story is that we should all be happy with who we are and where we are and then fall from the side.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And then it's very like I'm Brandon Walsh and there's like this spotlight on him, and it's just like it's almost like some writers in the room are like, we've got to find a moment where we really shine a light on Brandon Walsh and make him the you know, the class president and the greatest guy ever and the But no, there.
Speaker 1: Was like just a big moan in the audience when he was like, I'm Brandon Walsh. They're like, again, but the guy.
Speaker 2: It's very Trophy, even though I wrote it Trophy.
Speaker 7: It's like, let's give Brandon the spotlight moment where he's like the hero, and let's give Steve the like you're the class clown antics you're naked, and let's give David the I just can never seem to make it.
Speaker 2: But here's a.
Speaker 1: Tune littally noodle noodle Noodle condoms on the condom condoms. Like it's just like I didn't even get their jingle though, because he's like, try something condoms, Yeah, don't use I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not effective because neither of us know the brand of condoms.
Speaker 1: He was saying, what was the one he was selling?
Speaker 7: Right, like Cosco condoms.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is he saying Costco?
Speaker 1: It was weird, but yeah, I have to say there were parts of it that brought me back to earlier nine or two one oh years, like season two and three and four, where it was like fun and antich y. Yeah, it was right embarrassing and I kind of like.
Speaker 3: There was some positives, right, Like, there was lots of positives, and it was amazing to have Andrea back.
Speaker 1: I know. And then is she staying back? Do you know?
Speaker 2: No, she's gone.
Speaker 1: She just came back from so nobody ever even said goodbye to her. No, they did. Kelly Brandon didn't take her back to the airport.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But we kind of end on Steve, don't we.
Speaker 1: Lucky knock.
Speaker 3: I went to the flower Mart downtown which isn't open.
Speaker 1: And then we see Janet crying, which was just such a wrong choice.
Speaker 3: You're right, that was Yeah, she just did it, did her dirty. I'm like, look, we get it. We gotta we gotta quickly get to you and Steve being together. But there's such a different way to do it. We just did not need this at all, and the Donna Noah stuff.
Speaker 1: Like, well she does. I mean she does have reason to be nervous and not trust him because of the whole valve.
Speaker 2: True. True, he didn't write the article right, and it's just like, also, who cares?
Speaker 3: So you're dating like the hottest guy around and then isn't there some sort of like she sticks it to the sorority girl kind of a vibe in there? Yeah, like somehow she kind of uh, I don't know. Yeah, parts were wahlah, but parts were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you give it? What do you give it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to give it an eight? What whoa?
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: What went through my body is like, how can I not? Like it's a reunion Andrea's back.
Speaker 1: It's true, Steve got naked in a spotlight. I'm in for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would just be a rude if I didn't give it an eight.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I have every hope that next week is going to be even better. Next week's episodes is season eight, episode twenty eight, skin Deep. I'm curious, me too. Whatever. We'll see you guys next week, Thanks for joining us