Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now join my bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. You're in a bad place and it's my job to get you in a good place.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're the cheapest therapist I've ever had, Danny, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Well, we got bad Larry joining us, and that'll always start. Larry Dylan is here, we got Ray Picture Day Ray, and then Marvin is here as well. I was with some friends last night that bad Larry knows and they said that you got on stage with Bruce Springsteen when you were in college at Providence, that he invited all the people from New Jersey on stage. Is that true, Larry?
Speaker 2: I I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Dan, you don't remember getting on stage with Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big music guy. You know that. Shayan, Dylan don't know it.
Speaker 1: Don't care either, Larry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I remember saying you shouldn't care anything about the cowboys class here.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to take your plastic if out of your body and throw it down the stairs. He's not in a good place today, Larry, Shay is not in a good place today.
Speaker 1: Just let you know, giving your heads up.
Speaker 2: Two weeks from now, I'm heading up to Cape Elizabeth, Maine to see the grandkids again, and I will be coming through Milford, but I won't be able to take Shay out drinking because I got to continue driving.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: I see you, Okay, you don't have to see the escalading poet.
Speaker 3: What was the point of that story, Larry, Larry colleague.
Speaker 2: Saying, yea, I think I think we went on. I think he called the Jersey Shore people up or something. I remember saying that my boy j R. Delanges everyone left.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares about j R. Dang.
Speaker 2: I just don't need a story.
Speaker 1: I'm you don't remember being on stage, and now you're going to tell me the story, which is a total lie.
Speaker 4: That's not you wouldn't forget doing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many times have you been on stage with Bruce Springsteen that you can't remember?
Speaker 2: Once just the once. I guess, well now I really okay, I really don't remember. I stayed and watch the end of the Wizard of Oz by myself at a party. Everyone else went to the Springsteen concert. I came in halfway through the show.
Speaker 4: Was that when you're still doing.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you know what you're dropping? Ass? What are you doing watching Wizard of Oz instead of going to see Springsteen?
Speaker 2: Because Julie Hendrew whatever name was, the better singer, Liza Minellie whatever name was.
Speaker 5: Julie God, God, the famous Eliza Minelli.
Speaker 1: Do you think maybe Judy Garland? Yeah, same thing? Share, I think share? Was it? Lady Gaga? Madonna was in there, all right? All right, now, let me recap last week's festivities. Dylan is up plus fourteen. He won two units, thank you. Shay lost two units your plus two bad, Larry won a unit, and you're up plus seven. Sound good? Everybody good? We're all plus. I think that's kind of okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is that is shocking.
Speaker 1: Actually, Shay had one unity one in baseball that needs to be mentioned, and Dylan lost three units in formula one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta fucking fire her. These things are going south.
Speaker 3: He should dumper. Dude, you think, so break up with her now. She's clearly a loser.
Speaker 1: It's over. You're gonna break up with her right now. So she'll listen to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Now you know what I'll get there's I don't don't think there's any f one this week, so she'll get a pass. It's one more week, one more Swan song.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dylan had the Broncos and the Giants money line last week. They lost by a combined sixty eight points. Allegend not bad. Uh, let's see anything else that needs to be mentioned?
Speaker 6: Uh do you want to do?
Speaker 1: You want to dive into the Cowboys situation here? And now it's affected your life because prior to that I had not seen you in better spirits and you know, your home, life, job, your overall demeanor was and I was worried and you were too. The other shoe was going to drop, and it did. It dropped in a big fucking way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was pretty embarrassing. I mean, you know, I'm not a normal person in general or a stable person. I should say so when the Cowboys do lose my entire week. But the way they lost Danny to the Cardinals, the way they lost. I mean, they got boat raced out of that fucking stadium. It wasn't close, It wasn't close. It was never close.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 3: The first play of the game, Josh Obs run forty four fucking yards, was Diggs calling the defense? Is that what happened? Diggs is no longer there now, the defense doesn't fucking exist. How does that possible?
Speaker 1: You got Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well apparently you don't, because every single team in the NFL now is gonna run it right up the fucking gut to make Parsons disappear and then challenge your fucking kids on the corners. I'm scared. I'm scared to death. I think the blueprints there, and I think that Mike McCarthy is not the best coach, especially when it comes to time management or penalties. We got what one hundred three yards penalties? One hundred and three fucking yards. That's some junior high shit. One hundred three yards.
Speaker 1: Well, you get Dion next year is your head coach, and that'll solve everything.
Speaker 4: That'll That would be a goddamn night man.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones would there's no chance, there's no chance.
Speaker 6: Yes, wait, nightmare for who the me, I.
Speaker 3: Mean nightmare for me. There's no chance that Dion's gravitas works with professionals as opposed to kids playing in college.
Speaker 6: There's just no chance they're not going to take it personal.
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think he would fail in the NFL.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: I want to see how he does in college. Okay.
Speaker 3: I want to go to a better school than Colorado. I want to go to like an actual destination. If he goes to Auburn. Auburn's going to be open here pretty quick if he goes to Auburn or not the U obviously, but Oda State, I mean, he goes to a real fucking school and gets real fucking recruits.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that Florida State should have hired him. But Florida State's in the top five, so they've done pretty pretty well. Correct, they've done it. They've done Yeah. I think they're fine with that, all right. So, uh bad week for uh shay, Yeah, just because of the Cowboys house home life, though not bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what's fucked up Danny Sunday. I mean, the Cowboys lose and she makes for dinner a baked sweet potato that's it, and like fucking green beans. Wow, potato, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: She baked sweet potato, put some butter in it and was like happy dinner.
Speaker 1: Was like, what the fuck? Doesn't she know that you're down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't care, baked sweet potato Like, I guess I'm getting fat or something, but you.
Speaker 4: Might be starting now.
Speaker 1: How do you give you a sweet potato for dinner? Like? What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Sweet potato suck?
Speaker 3: They're awful? What am I do that for dinner? It doesn't make any sense. It's like she wanted to bring misery on top of misery.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, what's going on between Dylan and Marv? You're flipping each other off? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sorry, he said sweet potato like sweet potato pie sucks.
Speaker 1: They said sweet.
Speaker 4: Potato fine, yam suck. However, Mark, they're trash.
Speaker 1: They're from the farmer's market and they were trash.
Speaker 3: They were awful.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you got to get it with all like thet.
Speaker 4: Do you ever go to the farmer's market?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Never that bad, Larry, How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: By the way, notre name loss hurt me a little bit. Yeah, I'm speaking of speaking of farmers market. As Simon's Columbus farmers Market right now, the second time I've been here in my life, and both times I've been talking to you from the parking lot.
Speaker 1: And you live the life. That is awesome. What are you buying, Larry?
Speaker 2: It's so depressed. Say, this is like the most depressing place on earth. It's like tables, like everything three dollars and you see people sitting back and my wife and her sister in law are actually going through looking for stuff, food and for lunch soon. No, no, we're going to lunch soon. I'm allowed to say. This is Jewish deli on the end of the Farmer's Market's supposed to be really good.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Larry, Larry, why wouldn't you be able to say that?
Speaker 2: I couldn't say a black dealer?
Speaker 1: You did say. You did say.
Speaker 2: That, and I got criticized.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you were calling out the black dealer as if she was up to some stuff.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't let me take a picture of four eight No.
Speaker 1: Cameras allowed the table.
Speaker 2: That's any dealer, dude.
Speaker 1: And because it was a black deal I was.
Speaker 2: I would be upset with any dealer who wouldn't let me take that picture.
Speaker 3: Happened to be black, Okay, the Jews in your lunch. Here we go, Here we go, Here we go, Dylan, I'll let you start out this week.
Speaker 4: Well quick, can I do a quick recap?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take a vit just brief.
Speaker 4: Well it's not really a thing, go ahead, just a couple of points. Iowa under hit again three and one. We had one minor hiccup there.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 3: That's taking a victory.
Speaker 4: Left go No, I mean, now you are, that's really it. Obviously that Parlafe sock got destroyed.
Speaker 1: And uh, I mean we can always mention the Broncos money line, the Bears getting twelve and a half Giants money line.
Speaker 4: I don't really want to relitigate the past, Barley, all right, so moving on to this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: Uh college going since the minus two against byu H South Carolina plus twelve and a half against Tennessee. I like that loan a lot. Actually, I like that line. Okay, three units Michigan State Iowa under thirty six and a half. Of course I will. I'm staying on that until I get sure truly proven.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, Okay, who's taking Old Dominion and who's taking Troy this weekend? In Betts.
Speaker 4: Aside from me, oh you are not okay, oh yo, I'm taking Old Dominion has been good to me.
Speaker 1: This, Okay. I was wondering. I figure we had Old Dominion or Troy in here somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so Odu plus fourteen against Marshall, all right, and then Joegias State minus one one and a half against Troy.
Speaker 1: And you will always go against Troy. All right.
Speaker 4: Here we go with the NFL tonight. The Pack plus one and a half against the Lions, dog at home primetime Division, et cetera. Bears plus three and a half against the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone loves the Broncos and I think they're just They're equally as shitty. That's game. I'm not even gonna watch it, honestly, but.
Speaker 1: It's my musty TV of the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'll watch it once again.
Speaker 1: Watch I got yeah when they end in a time Yeah, alright, what else?
Speaker 4: Commanders plus eight against the Eagles, which is questionable.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get after Sam Hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been getting dun the Commanders, I mean last week, no indication, but they have a little spice still.
Speaker 1: You've got a good d line. They got one of the best league. They should be a good team. Got a wide receiver, Sam Hell's got to play better.
Speaker 4: The Bills were due to light up someone after kind of sucking the first couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Right, what else do you have?
Speaker 4: The Jets plus nine and a half against the Chiefs. I think Zach Wilson at this point, I think is like the kid who's just been getting bullied for too long and he's gonna do something crazy.
Speaker 3: I have sex with his mom's friend.
Speaker 4: Beforehand, but I think he's honestly been bullied into actually playing it.
Speaker 1: What if Taylor Swift all of a sudden says.
Speaker 4: Who's that that blonde hair, blue eyes.
Speaker 1: Jack Wilson and then he's bawling out in front of her? Oh how about that?
Speaker 4: The whole thing is gonna be like Lords of the Fly out there they're all competing.
Speaker 3: Just how old is Taylor now?
Speaker 1: Thirty three?
Speaker 3: Well you better figure out that.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't need them? No, no, yeah, Martin.
Speaker 6: You know what, after having kids, I can see why you want them, and I can see why you don't want them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're not a woman.
Speaker 4: It's different, Okay, But would you trade your three kids to be for Taylor's swift life.
Speaker 3: No way, no chance.
Speaker 4: Not to beat her, but for everything.
Speaker 3: Else, no, no way. Absolutely not really to date her, no chance, hell no, absolutely not. First off, she ain't got no hips.
Speaker 1: She ain't.
Speaker 4: She is pretty mid honestly, honestly being I.
Speaker 1: Think childbirth would be really tough on her.
Speaker 4: Why did you get broken?
Speaker 1: You got no hips? No hips, Danny, not a one? You have child bearing hips? Right? Yeah? They look good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look fantastic. Sweep poitated in my fucking life.
Speaker 4: Continue here, So yeah, Jets put significant the Chiefs. I'll also be the lines aren't all out yet, but I'll be taking every under on the Chiefs prop. So Kelsey receiving receptions, touchdowns, Mahomes under the whole thing, undering the game. Okay, yeah, okay, and actually I have those here. I just have the line.
Speaker 1: So Kelsey is seventy one and a half receiving yards yep, under six six and a half receptions, Mahomes is to seventy eight and a half and under two and a half touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: Do we know she's going to.
Speaker 4: The game, they said, apparently that's what Yeah.
Speaker 6: More, Yeah, I'm working there that weekend. So I'm actually texting somebody now just to see if they've heard anything, because they're trying to get a little insider info. And also, my wife said, regarding Travis Kelcey, a beard is literally makeup for men, because right now he looks like a state trooper and he's got he's got to put the beard back.
Speaker 3: With that fade he has like a goddamn state trooper. No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Well, that fade is from fucking somewhere else.
Speaker 6: From well, him and his brother Jason, they go to different barbershops.
Speaker 1: Different neighborhood.
Speaker 6: They definitely said at different lunch tables too.
Speaker 1: That is true, all right, anything else there is.
Speaker 4: Getting his cut way uptown.
Speaker 1: With scissors, only Edward scissors. Okay, what else do you have?
Speaker 4: Deal Ravens money line against the Browns plus one thirty Ravens is a dog never fails or fails rarely, and then dolphins Bill is under fifty four. I'm gonna put three units on this too. This is also heavy public and I think just after that performance last week, they're gonna have to chill the fuck out right.
Speaker 1: That brings us to bad Larry who joins us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't do any college games this week. I don't know why one unit on these pro games. Detroit I had a minus two. I guess I'm only giving one and a half since still when already took the backer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one and a half, one and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Buffalo minus three against the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's big Buffalo minus two and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, those are two.
Speaker 1: That are in your favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard them when you gave him the Dylan Okay, looking at my feet here, Dan ball three against the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Plus three and a half on the wrong side of every one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Grounds minus three against.
Speaker 1: The raven Yeah, got that one right, okay.
Speaker 2: Saints minus three against.
Speaker 1: The Bucks three and a half. Wow, Oh stop stop it. You just had four that went your way.
Speaker 2: I know every one of them went my way. Pats, I have plus seven against the six and a half. M okay, and I got the Chiefs minus the nine and a half against the Jets.
Speaker 1: You ain't got that one, right, Okay?
Speaker 2: And then and then uh, I don't like doing this. Always give money away when I bet off. But I talked to a friend of mine and told me Europe's gonna spank us so one unit on Europe to beat the Americans in the Ryder Cup.
Speaker 3: Fucking Commy and.
Speaker 2: Top European scorer. Who's our best player, Scotty Seffler or something?
Speaker 1: Jesus, I gotta like Rory better than Scotty, didn't Scotty's the number one player in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, according to who that.
Speaker 2: Because the Live guys don't play right.
Speaker 1: Brooks is playing, brooks Kepka is in there, definitely in there. Yeah, but there's nobody on the Live Tour that is better than Scotti Scheffler.
Speaker 3: No chance.
Speaker 2: DJ isn't no beef like Isaiah Thomas. Do they know they don't want to play with DJ? How is he not on the Rider Cup?
Speaker 4: Did you say Isaiah Thomas Thomas?
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about it.
Speaker 1: It's Justin Thomas, not Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 4: And trust me, Larry, you'll probably like Justin Thomas better.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's like Isaiah and the Dream Team that how was J Yeah, take the leap with me because he's because he's a live goff.
Speaker 1: He hasn't done ship on the liftar because brooks Kepka said, the guys on the Live Tour who didn't make the Ryder Cup needed.
Speaker 4: To play better, and Brooks won a major this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, do you have anything else, Larry.
Speaker 2: No, No, they're damn my pixel. Okay, go to your book and put them all in.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling, Okay, Shaye, don't do that, America, Please do not do that.
Speaker 1: I got the Ears plus twelve and a half against TCU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Notre Dame laying five and a half against Duke uh, the Academy minus three and a half against South Florida overvalued there. Then I got the Wahoo plus three and a half against BC and the Southern miss plus five and a half with Oh Frank Gore Junior, and then Rangers plus one hundred against Seattle. Big deal, Danny, Big, big, big end of the season with Major League Baseball NFL Tampa Bay plus three rams laying the one Vikings minus four and a half, and I want to add the Lions as well minus one and a half. I like that game a lot.
Speaker 1: Not touching the Cowboys game.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. That's six and a half. First off, that's trappiest shit. Yes, that line is yeah, you should everybody, but everybody's gonna love to pass there after the performance. The Cowboys just put on with the Cardinals. It's trappy as fuck. Cowboys might win by.
Speaker 4: Thirty and take it.
Speaker 3: No, no, absolutely not. No, I'm not touching that shit. No, rather digest glass, Dylan.
Speaker 4: That's why you do both.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Sounds better than sweet potato.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, spike my sweet potato with a glass.
Speaker 1: Did you start drinking again after the long spy of the countboy?
Speaker 3: No, of course not, Danny. The roommate listens to the podcast, So there's no chance I was doing that.
Speaker 1: But you like the game's over, You didn't.
Speaker 3: I partook, Yes, you did, not an alcohol, But I did drugs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like meloton not just gunifer.
Speaker 3: But no, I smoked a lot of marijuana, Danny. I do that every day just to go to sleep because of the brain and how it keeps running. But I took some benzos, I smoked some weed, and I tried to just the problem with the Cowboys, Danny. The problem I stay. I will stay up all night running through the fucking game. I'm not kidding. I will run through the whole fucking game in my head. And if I don't take medicine, I'll be up till six in the morning.
Speaker 4: They're kind of Xanax proof, they.
Speaker 1: Are, Dude, that fucking game.
Speaker 6: God damn it.
Speaker 1: Why do you Why do people keep expecting something different with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, Like the Texas Chat. I've been a couple of different group chats, Danny, Yeah, and the Texas chat is evenly divided against pro Dak and anti Dak, and it's.
Speaker 1: What they have won. The game of Cooper Rush was the quarterback nah No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But some of Dak's decision making is in his back foot.
Speaker 1: It leaves a lot to be desired, a lot. He's been in the league a long time, he.
Speaker 3: Has, and he's been through injuries, and he doesn't want to run no more. And I mean at in the red zone when he had he had a zone read and he gave it to Pollard when the d N crashed down, it would be he would have walked into the fucking end zone. He just didn't read it right, or he didn't want to fucking run. And he doesn't want to run. That takes a whole lot of value off of him as a quarterback. He needs to be fucking mobile.
Speaker 4: I don't think after like anyone who suffered like he basically what I compound fractureing like his ankle. I don't think you can ever mentally truly. Yeah, he's not gonna take off like that ever.
Speaker 6: Again, well, he's a black quarterback, so what good is if he can't run.
Speaker 2: White? Larry say, I believed in the Cowboys. I put him in my three team teams. Last week. I bought the line down to two and a half. I'm looking back at it. The Cowboys beat the Jets and the Giants, and then they're gonna go play whoever they played the Cardinals. How do they not beat the Cardinals? I think the pass might beat the Cowboys this week.
Speaker 3: Did you put money on it and a half? You didn't put money on it?
Speaker 2: I bet I bet the pass getting six and a half the money.
Speaker 4: Take the money line, coward.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give a unit away. I might. I might take it on my account. I don't want to give you away. Why do you think? Why do you think the Cowboys don't good? They beat the Giants, suck in the Jets?
Speaker 3: Sock well, I would say, because of the fucking yards they put up in the yards against They're pretty goddamn good, but that the level of and I said this before on the fucking show, the level of competition is what scares me because they have not played anybody real and I think the Pats defense, if they can put up points against them, I think we'll mean a whole lot better.
Speaker 1: Stuck.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a fourteen to thirteen game.
Speaker 1: That would fuck me up. I think the past, Yeah, that would fuck me up.
Speaker 3: If this offense with the fat Man can't put up more than fourteen against New England, I'm gonna have a fucking issue.
Speaker 4: I'm calling right now that game is going to be boring as fuck.
Speaker 3: Finding me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna be low scoring past cover and I wouldn't be surprised if the pass win the game out right.
Speaker 1: Okay, but don't do this next week when you go. You know what, I didn't say it on the show, but you know with my my bookie there, I took that bet to Patriots straight up. So don't do that next week. Okay, yes, you common, I was kind of I don't remember getting on face with Springston.
Speaker 2: You think I can remember this conversation.
Speaker 1: That's fair enough. That should be your podcast name should be too shad podcast dating. When are you coming over? I was not coming over after the Lost by the Cowboys, fair, I was, that's smart. I was not coming over that you were in such a high and I thought, man, that would be fun to go over there and be around you in the in the roommate and the and your daughters and a good meal. And then I was like, there is no way I'm going over there for chef boy r D. That's a good boy spaghettio sweet potato and spaghettios. Yea, I do not want that. Shae and Irving podcast is available wherever you get your podcast. Big Big Dejon of the EU update.
Speaker 3: By the way, Senator Rob Menendez oh getting about four hundred grand and gold bars, which, to be fair, fights fights inflation, so it wouldn't be the worst bribe to take if you're a US senator and you know where the goddamn monetary from the Egyptians.
Speaker 1: He did well.
Speaker 3: He got it from a guy who wanted to not go to prison, which makes sense if you're a guy. But four hundred grand.
Speaker 6: He kept it at the house.
Speaker 1: How stupid are you? He represents Larry's state. He does Jersey. Yeah, staterooks.
Speaker 2: We couldn't put him away last time. I think we're gonna put him away this time.
Speaker 1: He's skating. I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's definitely I'm ready for election prop bet season.
Speaker 1: It's shan Irving wherever you get your podcast. Beware, buyer, Beware, and we'll talk to you next week. Enjoy the weekend, everybody, and we'll talk to you next week. On Dan Patrick Takes Again Them