Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, we are scrubbing in scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: How you doing doing great?
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am fantastic.
Speaker 4: Tell me why? Tell me why?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was gonna go Oh, I was gonna go a different key. I was gonna go a different song. Why what song was I about singing? Wasn't that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I know, I know what yours was, but then I was singing another song. Anyways, I don't know. I'm just good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: Tonight's tonight? Tany is going to tell tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going I have butterflies in my stomach, butterflies all over my body.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I made you a bracelet with butterflies on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so cute. I know this is made to trade, but I don't want to trade it because so cute.
Speaker 3: I knew you were gonna say that, but it's part of the part of the problem.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna trade one and I'm gonna keep the other.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 5: Taylor has a song called tell Me Why is that what you were thinking?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what song I was fearless? Yeah, I know, but I don't know. I'll have to think about that.
Speaker 4: Do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I hear something really cute that Haley did the other night always, So we were going to bed and she rolled over to say good night, you know, the official good night. It's like good night and then it's the official good night, and she was like, love you so much, like sweet dreams, and she was like, I can't wait to see you tomorrow. And I literally thought about it all night, like I was like, oh my, it just made me feel like so loved. I don't even know. It was so simple, and she's done that before, it's not like the first time, but for some reason it really stuck out to me because it's just so sweet. So the next day I was like asking about and she's like I did. She's like, I mean she forgot, and I was like, I feel like I was in like a delirious date when I said good night, And she was like, but I always feel that way, like I'm always excited to like say good night and then see you in the morning.
Speaker 4: I know, you know, like it makes me. I get sad on the mornings that I have to leave him to go to work because I don't see him at all. It's like pitch dark in there, Like it's like it's like nothing next to me, you know what I mean. And so like I don't get to see him, I don't get to say good morning, and I'm like, I don't know. It's like sad.
Speaker 3: You should wake up with you, y'a should have like a nice coffee morning.
Speaker 4: I did on my birthday. He woke up with me, and I felt really bad, Like I was like, please go to sleep. I just don't want you to be up at this hour. Nothing is worse pretty so ungodly, what y'all? Yeah, y'all do? He did it one morning, and I would. I don't want him to wake up with me. Yeah, but it makes me appreciate the mornings, like the weekend and stuff when I get to wake up with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was just really cute.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to use that tonight. Don't tell me. Tell him.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he doesn't hear this.
Speaker 4: I told him no listening to the podcast.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he sneaks episode in here and there.
Speaker 4: The only time I know he was listening to it was when he broke his He broke eight ribs and he was like in the emergency room and he was like on so many I don't even know what drugs he was because he was like laughing and I could hear the podcast playing in the background, but I don't think he remembered anything from it.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he was just in there and I had nothing to do, and so he was laughing.
Speaker 3: We made him block out loud. Yeah yeah, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So the only time he listens is when he's highly medicated.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I can't think of a better way to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 4: Because I tell him not to listen because I'm like, this is privy information, like you shouldn't be like listening to It's like me going to boys' night, you know. But he did listen when we broke up.
Speaker 3: Mm yeah, how else is he so has to know what you're up to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I can't remember what it was, but I talked about some guy gave me his number at some point, and he's like, that was really hard to listen to.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, you were hoping he was listening at that point, Yeah, totally, you were. You were putting anything out there that maybe a little trail back to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, everybody's giving me their number. I'm getting hit up every day.
Speaker 3: Have we stayed with the same surprise songs you're hoping for? Yes, just seeing if anything and change if you had come across any other ones that sounded interesting.
Speaker 4: It sounded interesting. No, I'm really hoping for those those four. Okay, endgame, Cornelia Street, I forgot that you existed in Babe. Babe's a good song. I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I did not say it's not a good song, Like, it's not a song that I'm like, if it was on the set list, I'd be like, okay, fine, but like it's.
Speaker 4: A fault song. It'll be like popping up the cherry.
Speaker 3: To be sung on. And but just to confirm long Live is now part of the set, right.
Speaker 4: You know, that's an interesting point because what is a part of the set? Invisible String is sometimes and sometimes not.
Speaker 5: I think it's pretty well set.
Speaker 4: I heard Summer Now It's Coming.
Speaker 5: Out is always the second song, not always.
Speaker 3: I have not heard any that's ther most. That's like the biggest part of the show is when the crowd screens seattle, like all let's call there was like a or something from the Cruel Summer Bridge. She's not gonna be what's the what's the person's name? When before you had TikTok that you got your news from Ginger Chan. I don't know wh you're getting that info.
Speaker 5: Yeah, invisible Spring replaces the one. Everyone replaces the one from time to time different shows.
Speaker 3: That's anya.
Speaker 7: If your dress is invisible, stream doesn't play.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a dark moment for me.
Speaker 3: That's real because she was entertaining the one.
Speaker 4: I know, I know it's a possibility.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know which one I'm really looking forward to seeing, to seeing live is the when she says I can go anywhere I want anywhere? What just like no, just like that, No, she says, just not home.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: You realize as we've been like leading up to the Taylor Show, we've been playing games in the Morning Show to give the tickets away. I don't know her lyrics that well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I don't think you're as much of a lyric person as you.
Speaker 4: No, like the lyrics that like mean something to me, like really mean something to me, and then the rest I kind of like, but.
Speaker 3: Remember we did that game where we did lyrics, and you chose Alena Gomez and I chose Taylor songs and you were it was alterable a blowout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: Do you want to Should we try it? Should we see how Becker does on the game we played this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's see if she can do the swift swifty five?
Speaker 5: Swifty five. So we took five different instances of Taylor singing the lyric in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: And you can only listen to it twice.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go, first time through, in the middle of them. All right, do you want to go now or do you want to write some notes down?
Speaker 3: Can I write down?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, here we go, second time through swifty five in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of the night, in the middle, in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of them, okay, song number one. I don't care if you go in order. Actually, just give me the five songs. She's got one at a time.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for it? Okay? Last ones? Are you ready for it? Number four was just ready for it? Whatever?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Wait? What was the first one? Was? Can I get one more? Play?
Speaker 5: Here we go?
Speaker 3: Okay? Rather does you belong with me?
Speaker 5: The first two are the toughest of the first.
Speaker 3: Enough, when I'm in the stream, it's like a million littles kind say that I know the song.
Speaker 8: It's uh, you're almost there.
Speaker 5: You have like two more lines, then you get the title. Watching someone trying to remember something is so fun. They go to this transit.
Speaker 3: Say that will be together. I'm so irritated. I this is like one of This is like one of my favorite old songs of Taylor. I just can't. I can sing the lyrics. Come on cool. Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 4: More of a fifty than is here.
Speaker 5: So I have to tell you the what is it untouchable?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one I was having a hard time with. But I knew, I knew. I know every lyrics untouchable except for the obviously the important one. All right, well, there you go, Terrible.
Speaker 5: Tell us about our guest today.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about her. We have an amazing guest. She is an incredible private chef and she is based in Los Angeles and joining us in studio today.
Speaker 4: She now has three hundred over three hundred thousand followers on TikTok. She works with many celebrity clients creating healthy, allergy free recipes.
Speaker 3: She's been on the Food Network in America's Test Kitchen. She continues to amaze her followers and Tanya with her beautiful, healthy dishes, celebrity client Air one runs, and fun TikTok content.
Speaker 4: Please help us. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Shud Okay. We're so happy that you're here because for having me, Tanya.
Speaker 1: She this is.
Speaker 4: Already starting off really great because so I have I'm weird, like I'm a total weirdo. Same and I've been following you on Instagram forever and you were doing this collab with air one and when you so we had like a we had an interaction in the wild and I was telling everybody about it, and then when you walked in, I was like, do you remember when we met? And you were like really having a hard time placing me, And that is so on brand for me. You have no idea?
Speaker 7: Well you were.
Speaker 1: I swear there was another event where I saw you too, because I've seen you more than once, but you were with was it your boyfriend that.
Speaker 7: You were my air one club?
Speaker 5: Kay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I remember you at the air one Cloud, But I swear there was another time too. I didn't forget you at the Air One collab. But I guess I was like me, I guess that was the first time.
Speaker 4: No, but it was like so creepy because you did this collab and you were doing it was like the gluten free carrot cake and the chocolate chip cookies. Yeah, and it was launching on like a Sunday, and so we went the night before and you were like cooking and stuff and you okay. My boyfriend was like, oh my god, they're chef Bay and he was like, well, why don't you go say hi to her? And I was like, I can't say hi to her.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Cant her? She's working, Like I'm not gonna have to hide her. And so we kept like walking by your area and like staring at you, but like not approaching you. And so my boyfriend was like, now she's gonna think you're total like freak, but we need to just go up and you need to say hi. And I was like so nervous to like approach you, but I did it, and then I felt really good after.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 7: I was so in my zone.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even notice anything that goes around outside of this bubble. I was there for twenty hours straight cooking. So you could have had a circus beforeward in front of me and I wouldn't even have noticed.
Speaker 3: But I'm so glad.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first I guess to come to the collab quote unquote because it started the next day.
Speaker 4: It started the next day. Oh my gosh, she's like really in here cooking at all.
Speaker 3: Like it was like crazy. Tanya is known to like stare without saying anything, like she'll just stare. So I'm picturing her walking back and forth in your area, just like staring with her eyes wide, but like not making any move to introduce herself. So right, Yeah, that feels very Tanya.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I love people watching, honestly, It's the best thing at Airwan. Oh my god, watching people all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sounds very interesting. I do have this like weird line because like, if you were Shawn Mendes, I would have gone up to you and been like hey, but for some reason, with you, I was like, oh I just can't.
Speaker 3: So nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 1: I'm flattered. I would be just staring at Sean all day, just like never would go up to him. But you know, Sean, if you're listening slide to the DM.
Speaker 4: But it is crazy because I feel like I've been watching you make all these things on instant, like make all your dishes, and you make them seem so simple, but like they're really not.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think social media, like anything, it just glamorizes it. It's very much a highlight reel. So people think, you know, I go into these people's home and I just you know, cook whatever I want and then get driven by drivers to go to Airwan and spend three thousand dollars and do whatever I want. But truly, there's so much that goes on behind the scenes. My background is food science and holistic health, so I mean a lot of my celebrity and high profile clientele for lack of I don't know how to say this in the best way, but their job is to be fit and hot. So every single calorie and everything that goes into these people's bodies matters. So every gram of sodium, every every gram of fat, how much water they're drinking, when they're eating, they're portion sizing, is all laid out their menu planning. The menu planning is done down to a tea with trainers and nutritionness and and.
Speaker 4: So you're just the like you're just the you're making it, You're not like creating the.
Speaker 1: So I create the menu with trainers nutritionness oftentimes, and then I it's completely customed to them, and then I work with their entire teams to say, you know, does it need.
Speaker 7: To go to set?
Speaker 1: Does it need to go up to a field if it's a professional athlete to eat between training hours? And there's so much that goes behind the scenes, but every single thing that goes on those plates is meticulously calculated out and planned and that doesn't go into social media. So I always get these dms like, oh, I'm a private chef, you know, how do I how do I get your job in what you're doing? And I'm like, my whole my background is more than just culinary. It's the food science behind it is huge. But there's a lot of planning. It's more planning than cooking.
Speaker 3: Can we go back to like when you because I don't cook, but I always feel like people who start cooking there's something, there's like a moment in their life where they're like it's either they have to do it because of like an allergy, or it's like something their mom did and taught them, Like did you have a moment where you started cooking or did the holistic and like nutrition side peak. You're interesting the cooking part.
Speaker 1: So that's why when you say allergies, I grew up in an allergy household. I don't know how this happened, but my mom is celiac and can't have dairy. I'm allergic to soy. My brother is allergic to peanuts, peas like gooms. My sister can't have a million other things. So my love of food really started from making food my entire family could eat growing up and experimenting in the kitchen with gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan alternatives before things like almond milk and nutritional yeast were on the market at all. And that really sparked my creative side. And then with that came up with some really good recipes, and then from then I just started to fall in love with food. But I've always loved food.
Speaker 3: So how old were How old were you making all the meals for your family?
Speaker 1: Seven or something? I mean they tried some disgusting things, still get me wrong, but no, I think even at the dairy free, gluten free mac and cheese that I made then for my family is still the recipe that I make for my client's kids today. So some of the recipes stuck. But I was making my own almond milk and people thought I was so weird and going on this weird website to get nutritional yeast and people are like, what is that? And now you can walk into Whole Foods and you can get nutritional yeast. So yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: Fun.
Speaker 1: But I've always just loved healthy food and making food that everyone can eat no matter their dietary and need a restriction, and breaking that stigma that healthy, dietary friendly food is at all boring or not delicious or indulgent or beautiful looking.
Speaker 4: You're not a fan of nutritional yeast, just heads up, I'm not no, okay?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about those crackers that I imagine she could probably use some nutritional youth to make a very different thing that you creed.
Speaker 4: I make my own almond milk too, and I got to a point where I was like, I hate just throwing away the pulp, Like I feel like I just throw away, like you know, the pulp of the almonds. And so I was starting to make crackers with them with the nutritional yeast, and I loved them, and I gave them to her one day and she's like, this is the most disgusting thing I've ever tried.
Speaker 3: It was a literal cardboard, like, there's no.
Speaker 1: I make really good CD crackers. The next time, I'll bring my my CD crackers for you guys. There's sesame seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia and just in these really seedy crackers.
Speaker 4: I've seen those.
Speaker 7: You can add your almond pulp to them.
Speaker 5: Yea, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Sounds so good.
Speaker 3: So when did you the celebrity chef? When did that line up? Like did you ever see that being your path or did it kind of fall into your lab?
Speaker 1: So I knew I didn't want to go into the restaurant world. I didn't want to go from high school to culinary school, work my way up in a toxic restaurant environment. I just knew I wanted to be in the healthy food world. I never wanted to make the same thing twice. I didn't want to work in a restaurant or a hotel, and my parents were like, good luck, what are you possibly going to do in the food world. So to make myself more well rounded. I actually got a degree in business and product development when I was studying undergrad at Syracuse University, and then at that point, food on the Internet and health food product development was exploding. BuzzFeed Tasty was starting out, meal kits and meal delivery services were in infancy, and light bulbs went off in my head and I was like, that's where I want to go. It's the creative food side. It's food is just going to go get healthier and healthier. People are going to be more attentive to what's going in their food and clean recipe, clean ingredient labels.
Speaker 7: So in undergrad I did I was some of the hands in.
Speaker 1: The BuzzFeed Tasty videos, those first food videos on the Internet, the girls' hands. And then with my background in product development in business, I went into corporate product development. So I did healthy products for Starbucks, like the egg bites for Starbucks.
Speaker 7: They did, so I was like, I probably cooked for you.
Speaker 1: That's what I always say for people, because I simple Mills RX bar Hugh Kitchen Freshly. I led the product development team there for the meal delivery service company that you just kind of put them in your microwave and that boom during COVID, so just creating the prototypes for them that were paleo, keto vegan on the healthier side. And then I went to culinary school with this job.
Speaker 7: They were like, you need to be an official chef.
Speaker 1: So I was one of the first graduates from a health supportive culinary arts program. And then my just entire background ended up leading its way to private chefing. It was just word of mouth taking on private clients here and there when I was living in New York.
Speaker 7: But the mix of the nutrition.
Speaker 1: Background, product development background, food science background, it just was an inch interesting combination that not many chefs still have to this day. And through word of mouth, started taking athlete private clients, so NFL, NBA, then some actors, models, and it just snowballed from there and I fell in love with the world of private chefing and then moved to LA a couple of years ago and just did that full time.
Speaker 4: At what point did you do America's Test Kitchen.
Speaker 1: That was a little over a year ago.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's fairly new.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that was interesting.
Speaker 1: I had done some shows on the Food Network, like Chopped and all of that, and I was like, oh, this is another competition show. It'll be so fun, but I think that show is geared more toward Middle America. And then I come in as like the gluten free, vegan, refined, sugar free, healthy chef, and everyone's like a what, And I think it was geared toward I home cooks trying to be chefs. So I don't know honestly why I was cast on that show, to be honest, but it was the episodes and challenges that I won. Throughout that season. I ended up filming as spinoffs for my own cooking show, which was really fun, but I yeah, there were wild It's not you can't think of it as your actual cooking. I mean these episodes. One episode, they gave me a basket of it was like chopped on steroids. It gave me pickles, mayonnaise, white bread, sennal barbecue, pork ribs, slice deli ham, and I little pearled pickled onions. And I had to make a meal for a Michelin star chef with this in forty five minutes. And I was, oh, in ketchup, no, no, no, not ketch up.
Speaker 7: Dehydrated. It was like old marin Aara sauce.
Speaker 1: And I had to make a meal out of this, and I'm like, oh gosh, now, my I mean, I swear I have clients that reach out and they're like, what was this?
Speaker 7: I mean it ended up taking multiple bites of this meal.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's not I don't judge my culinary skills off of that show.
Speaker 4: That is so funny. Okay, so you had this is like, how many clients do you have at once?
Speaker 1: I have about forty clients that I rotate between New York and LA.
Speaker 4: How do you do it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how takes a village. I have the food ship myself, I know.
Speaker 1: So I'd say every other month I'm in New York and I do back to back clients for events that I'll schedule out. But then eighty percent of my clients are in LA, so they'll book me for a brand event. So say one of my clients is launching a makeup line or Vogue will reach out or supplement company to do their influencer dinner or PR dinner, or a client will just book me for the day to do lunch, dinner, and then meal prep for the rest of the week, and then their assistance or their managers will heat up the food throughout the week, but I don't do anyone full time. They'll just book me for a specific day and all do my private chefing. But it keeps it fun and interesting. Never make the same time.
Speaker 4: I was always under the impression, so I when I first started following you, I was like, because you're like a look inside the life of like a private chef. I can't remember exactly how you opened every story or every.
Speaker 1: Yeah dead in the life of a private celebrity chef of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 7: I actually talked that fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I always thought it was the same person that you were going to. So for like, I always thought it was just one person that you were going to every single day. And I was like, so I had like girlfriends that I would text and be like, who is this person? I was like convinced it was Christy tigue In for a while. Now that's not the case. Now I know it's not even the same person you're going to evering, but we like try to figure out, like whose house you were going to every day. I thought it was just like one person that you and the fact that you do forty different people is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that video was a Royal family that was actually flying in, which is really fun. I love Royals. They're always just they have just different foods wherever they live, whether it's British Royals or Middle Eastern Royals, and they're always just they love Airwan.
Speaker 7: They see it on social media.
Speaker 1: They're so fascinated by the ingredients in the way of life here that that's just so fun. And they have a million bodyguards and a whole team. You get to feed that. Those are I was a Royal family. Christy Teak, it's great. Done, Christy Teak, you have done her? Yeah? Yeah, I recently did content where I made her healthy twinkies, which is really fun.
Speaker 7: And I'm posting John.
Speaker 1: Legend's favorite cookies actually soon coming to my coming to my social this white chocolate chit macadamianut cookie.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I do know he likes those.
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, So since we've talked about celebrities, who who's if you can say, like the biggest, like the most exciting person, whether it's a celebrity, athlete or whatever that you were like, Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm gonna meet this person.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hard. I mean some there's a lot under NDA, but I it was really fun cooking for honestly British Royals. I can't say exactly who, even though it technically wasn't under NDA.
Speaker 7: But when you think.
Speaker 1: British Royalty, who do you think such for that that was pretty fun? Who else would be really fun?
Speaker 3: I imagined a lot of them had NDAs, but I didn't know if there's I mean.
Speaker 1: Dan Reynolds, imagine Dragons one of the nicest people ever ever, The Colpos and Christian McCaffrey some of the nicest people ever ever. I who else? I Mindy Kayling super super nice. She's not under NDA, okay, so lovely that I.
Speaker 7: Love that about her.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it's so standard in Hollywood to like just have everybody sign an NDA that works with you, you know what I mean? Like so I don't really hold it against anybody, but the ones that don't, I like them even more.
Speaker 1: Like now it's kind of flipped. So even with Mindy, she actually followed me on social media and was like, I would love to come into your tiktoks and Instagram, you know, can you do a brunch or something for me and my friends? And then why it actually so completely flipped. So typically it would be you know, you go to their house, you sign an NDA. Sometimes they take away their phone, But as they become more and more familiar with my content, they actually really like the fact that everything they're eating is now on my TikTok and Instagram, and then they can share with their friends and be like, look what we're eating, look at our chef. And then they'll sometimes ask to be in my social content, which is super fun but so funn damn. Most of my clients have fake Instagram, so you know fins does yeah, like a fin stuff, So just to get people in a frenzy, they'll comment on their Finsta and be like, this is such an invasion of privacy? How are you in this person's home and just filming? Like don't you have any respect?
Speaker 7: And then I'm like, are you kidding? And then people will comment like, yeah, how dare she?
Speaker 1: I can't believe she just films this person's house, like such an invasion of privacy, just to get people annoyed. So all of those comments are usually the celebrities finstes themselves that I actually cooked for, which is really funny.
Speaker 3: Fact, well, it's funny that you know about it if you didn't know, like dark are these cruel people that are just like starting dog.
Speaker 4: And when you're posting from people's kitchens and stuff that they know about it, you're not doing anything like sneakily.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I'm dancing with their burritos and yeah, making their own.
Speaker 7: There's a whole setup thing, but they love it.
Speaker 3: Honestly.
Speaker 4: That is so funny.
Speaker 3: I feel like because celebrities get such a bad rep of like if they do like a day in the life of what I eat, it's always like people are like, there's no way this is sustainable for you, Like this is not healthy to share it. I feel like what you make for them, they're probably so proud to be like, no, this is what I'm eating. It's like delicious and healthy and like good ingredients.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they truly all eat Honestly with the colpos, I don't know, they're just genetically blessed. They real they are pizza and pasta and lasagna and they just look like that and it's yeah.
Speaker 4: They had a couple of meals with them too, and I'm like it's yeah, it's genetics.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Christian was like, yeah, you know, I just kind of eat whatever I want and then stop when I'm full. And you know, I like your food because it's a lot of protein because I run a lot for work.
Speaker 3: Like I know, I know what you do. But okay, I have a question for you. I don't know if you can help me solve this. Oh no, my meat thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, I've I've developed this like aversion to meat. But it's not like, oh, it tastes like trash or garbage or anything. It just tastes like the source. So like when I'm eating beef, I'm like, I feel like I can taste where it came from. And like when I'm eating chicken, it tastes like wet dog. I can't explain it more than that. But everyone's like, oh, did you get it by tick and all this stuff, and I'm like, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: She's not pregnant either, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not pregnant. So I'm like trying to figure out what it is because I love eating like burgers, and I want to be able to eat chicken as like my protein, but I can't. It ruins everything and it came out of me.
Speaker 1: That you buy yourself this is at a restaurant or anywhere where you eat meat.
Speaker 3: The first time I realized it was at that health nut place, which was like really, you know, health help that thing. But it was like a chicken on a salad. And that was the first time where I was like, Oh my gosh, what is going on? So then I was like, maybe it just wasn't seasoned enough. So then I chicken like chicken nuggets from like a fast food place whatever, and I was like, tasted it there too, and I was like, what's going on? So then I had an In and Out Burger and I tasted it there too. So now I'm like, this is so weird. I don't know if it's like a hormonal thing.
Speaker 7: That is so weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been stumped with clients saying I mean I had a client who couldn't taste or smell anything, not from COVID, just from.
Speaker 7: Just in life. And I was like, I've I've heard it all. I've not heard I have not heard that yet. Really, I've heard from you know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it'll be a specific restaurant because they'll say rinse the chicken breast and tap water and the la tap water kind of tastes chlorinated. So I've seen I've heard stories like that, but that is weird.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 2: You basically really vegan, just go vegan. Yeah, but yeah, that's not easy either. I don't know, it's just so weird.
Speaker 7: Eggs, well, eggs.
Speaker 3: I've always been a little bit off about, like I like the egg whites because something I saw someone open an egg and a head feathers in it, like it had been fertilized or whatever. So now I'm like very scared.
Speaker 1: But wow, that is.
Speaker 3: So now I'm just I'm more concerned about like, where's my protein gonna come from? And I'm low and iron, so I actually need to be eating like red meat, right, isn't that supposed to?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or take iron and be twelve supplements.
Speaker 3: Iron makes my stomach hurt. Like when I take the supplements, you're.
Speaker 4: Just a lost car.
Speaker 3: It's just a lot. So surprised that that's the first time you've heard that. That makes me feel a little stressed out, to be honest, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if it's hormonal related or something, but it can't be if it's not one specific restaurant or one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not meat grocer or something then.
Speaker 3: No, So like, if you have vegetarian clients or vegan, how do you incorporate protein?
Speaker 1: So typically, well, usually I always have a vegan and vegetarian option. Whenever I meal prep, there'll be someone in the family that's there's always the gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, seed oil free, that's me. Dairy free is typical, and then the vegan vegetarian option. So I'll do a lot of lentil. Usually they don't want soy, so lentil protein. I use really interesting beans and nuts, like macambo beans, which I've posted about, which are super high in protein. It's an inkin bean, super high in fiber, and they're really soft and crunchy, but you can cook them to like a ground meat alternative, and they taste like the combination of a walnut, a buttery rich cracker, and a peanut kind of but it's so cool.
Speaker 7: They have the mad airwana.
Speaker 1: I highly recommend they're they're so delicious just to eat by the handful. And then using tons of high protein superfoods like nutritional yeast has five grams of proteina tablespoon Spirollina has over five grams of proteina tablespoon gram for gram is higher in protein and lower in fat than beef with much more of a nutritional value value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm just kind of change.
Speaker 7: We have endless opportunities for plant based Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like I'm I'm lucky. We feel I feel very lucky that we live in a place that has access to the things that I'm going to need moving forward.
Speaker 1: Putting the protein in the salad dressings itself, so you can make the salads very fibrous and veggie forward, and then in the dressing using a Greek yogurt or some kind of protein source and making the protein and healthy fats in the dressing is always a way that I do that for get protein in for vegan clients, I barrel.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even cook unless.
Speaker 7: No, I'll bring lunch to set next time.
Speaker 4: What's that a typical day for you? Or is what every day? Not the same?
Speaker 1: Every day is pretty different right now? Maybe fifty percent of what I do is the private chefing side, So maybe a day a week and maybe a couple events a month, I'll do private chefing or just a brand event. So the private cheffing day, my assistant or me will finalize the menu with the clients, go back and forth a little bit. I'll do my grocery hall and film that for an hour, hour and a half and then I just charged by the day. Not that I've ever had any issues with my clients, but i never want them to say, you know, you were tiktoking, or you were filming today, or if you didn't film the grocery hall, could you have grocery shopped a little bit faster? So to avoid that, I'm just like, here's my daily rate. This is what I'm going to do. Whether it takes me five hours or fifteen hours, I'll get it done. Just to ever prevent that from ever happening. Oh interesting, and I'll so I'll do my shop for a couple hours. I'll get to the client's house at around ten am and then serve lunch, either to go and a driver and assistant will bring it to set or a field or a training facility, or it's at home. And then I'll do four to five items of meal prep for the week. And that's really whatever they want based on their schedule. So if they're traveling, I'll do a lot of to go snacks, maybe homemade protein bars. If they're home, I'll do I chicken dishes, fish dishes, lunch dishes, dinners, and I'll label them with the reheat temperature, when to eat them, what to serve them with, and then kind of meal prep them throughout the week based on their shelf life. And then I'll also do dinner for that day.
Speaker 4: Do you have a significant other?
Speaker 6: I do not.
Speaker 7: I'm very single.
Speaker 4: La.
Speaker 7: Dating is horrible.
Speaker 4: I would want to marry you, like like she's like walking me through the day. I'm gonna meal prep you this and tell you what preheated like that sounds like a dream.
Speaker 1: There's a nice Jewish dishwasher out there, then I please.
Speaker 6: Hit me up you know someone, I mean I might Oh wow, yeah, set it up all right, nice Jewish?
Speaker 1: Normal?
Speaker 4: Are you Jewish?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, I figured, well you never know kosher actually so a lot of I took so much shellfish and pork, but I've never actually eaten it.
Speaker 1: But I've cooked it so much that I can cook it to perfection, but I've just based on how it should smell in like a poke test. But I've truly never eaten it, which is.
Speaker 4: Wild so have you been on like are you on j is it jay Date or jaswipe?
Speaker 1: I was on Hinge in Rayah and then dele it. Dating is catastrophic in La. It's so bad and people say these stories, yeah, that.
Speaker 7: Are really bad, and then you go.
Speaker 1: Into the dating world and you're like, wow, it's bad.
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 1: So I just deleted the apps, Like TikTok is a better ROI for me.
Speaker 3: So honestly though, I feel like Instagram, like social media has become like the new dating.
Speaker 2: A guy on Instagram once yeah Hinge.
Speaker 1: Oh he's so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's Jewish and great guy, So there's hope. There's I'm saying, I feel like you should not poo poo the hinge.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go back on Hinge. My friends always say that and they're like, I met someone on Hinge recently, he's so great, And then the next week they're like he's married, and I'm like, that's the app.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. But that's also just men in general, do you know what I mean? Like, if you go to a bar, you're gonna meet like some amazing men, you're gonna meet some like not so great men. That's what the apps are. It's like the same percentage. I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll download them. I'll put myself out there. They've been deleted for seven months, eight months now, but I'll go out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you feel ready, you should get back on the hinge horse.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan of the hinge horse.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll ride the hine horse.
Speaker 4: But like sponsored, but I also feel like when you're dating, because that's like your work. Like you're constantly cooking for work. The last thing you want to do on your downtime is do you cook for yourself.
Speaker 1: Usually i'll meal prep something well what I think is kind of simple, but I eat what my clients eat when I'm there, and then all meal prep for myself on a Sunday or something. But sometimes I will cook all day, these gorgeous meals, and then I'll go home and open up a can of chickpeas and then eat it because I'm so tired and just fall asleep. And those tiktoks that are like the girl dinner when I cook for my clients versus me sometimes but I really love. It's only if I'm tired, but I truly love. I could cook all day every single day and not get sick of it.
Speaker 4: So I wish I was like this, like I wish I had that. I'm so painful for me. I do it. I do it because I do like to make my own food, Like I really feel there's a lot of value in that. But it's not fun for me.
Speaker 1: It's my I could just get lost in it. I could cook forever. It's my love language.
Speaker 4: I allow you to give us your five easiest recipes that you have on your social medias that we could find right now.
Speaker 1: Five, but they're also it's chefbay dot com has tons of recipes too, but I would say there's so many salmon recipes, summer role recipes. You can also sort by dietary need and restriction, so you could do your Pega gluten free, dairy free everything. But I do really healthy, high protein, low carb, three ingredient pancakes on there, homemade protein bars, smoothies my clients love, so really easy stuff and then also full entrees. Today I posted a Falaffel chicken meatball, So the combination of a Falaffel ball and a chicken meatball with a coconut yogurt, beat tahini sauce, and a mint, parsley pesto over black rice. That's really good with the little pistachios on.
Speaker 3: Top, They're really good. Do you have it? This feels a little shit. So my girlfriend has a garlic an onion allergy and it's been it is a challenge because she can't eat gar like an onion, and then she also can't have a lagoon. So it's like everywhere we go there's garlic or onion powder, you know, in there. So she's always like like, well, you, it would be so nice if you just like could learn a couple of meals and cook for me. And I'm like, it's just that I'm not that. I'm not that.
Speaker 7: So that's hard.
Speaker 1: Thos aliums, so onion, garlic, shallots, all of that. Night shades is really hard. It's like eggplant tomatoes. Yeah, so I have any of it. That's usually the first call when I have a new client. I'll speak to an assistant or a trainer or nutritionist and they're like, we have a we need a high protein, low inflammatory, no night shade diet. That's blah blah blah macros and this many calories a day and give us an entire meal plan so, and I'm like, and then TikTok. It's so it's so easy, walk in whatever I want, and then the driver drives me where I need to go, and I do spend a ton of money at Airwan, but I'm like, trust me, there's a I've heard it all.
Speaker 3: I yeah, well it's pretty I mean, it's so impressive that you do what you do, like cheffing, But on top of that, you're creating content, which I that's a full time job in and of itself, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is. And I feel like you're always posting stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have help a little.
Speaker 1: If I need someone to help me edit a video here or there. But truly, most of my content is me editing, voicing it over writing the recipes.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I've kind of swapped.
Speaker 1: My dating life with my my social media tend creation life.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: That has to be like your downtime or like you know, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But then at least during the day, it's fun that my what I do in my day to day job, people truly want to know about on social they want to see these people are eating. So as long as my clients let me film, then it's it's really fun. But they always know that I come with my phone setup and my camera and everything they're eating is always photographed.
Speaker 3: That is so well yeah, and I think like as long as people have interest in it, which I think will always be the case, because it's so fascinating for I don't know why our brains do that of like wanting to know what our favorite celebrities are eating, but it's interesting, and I think how you film an edit makes it interesting. So it's like, as long as they'll they're chill with it, why not.
Speaker 7: I love what famous people eat, truly.
Speaker 1: That's why I even started doing this on TikTok just a day in the life as a private celebrity chef. I was just scrolling on Instagram and Snapchat one day and the recipes and food that blowing up weren't amazing, but it was Jennifer Aniston salad that she ate on the set of Friends. Gigi had Deed's pasta and they even said Jennifer was like, I didn't even eat this salad on the set of Friends, and it still went viral because people want to know what they're eating. They think they'll turn into, you know, Jennifer Aniston eating it.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but these are really.
Speaker 1: Simple, basic recipes, but the fact of who was eating them made it really interesting. And I'm like, okay, well, you know, like Leo get in here, Not that I cooked Leo, but yeah, then it just it blew up. People love famous people's everything, what they eat, what they wear, their lives.
Speaker 3: And Anison was the face of smart Water. I was like, all I need is smart Water, and I'll be said, really, yeah, I was that person influenced my celebrity market. There you go. I am just like so impressed and fascinated with what you do, Like as someone who does not even ever cook, It like blows my mind what you're capable of creating on top of not even in like being aware of what ingredients and like what you're using. It is so impressive.
Speaker 4: Like I literally want to be You liked me too much praise I take for dinner recipes home, the ones that you like you gave them when we got like your air One collab, Like you gave me the recipes to make it, and I was like, I can totally do this. I've never once tried to do it.
Speaker 1: Can you try the cupcakes and the cookies?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bottom both delicious. I was hoping that it's not gonna be some cookies coming in.
Speaker 3: I was coming all the way from but before we go.
Speaker 4: But it's but I want to I like literally want to be better, Like I want to be better, and you make it seem so easy, and then when I like go to do it, I'm just like.
Speaker 3: She said, she said, well, it's her passion, but she also said, it's not as easy as just like a TikTok makes a lot.
Speaker 4: I know, but you gave your recipe, the recipes.
Speaker 1: It's just really knowing what ingredients to use. I think my recipe is I break it down so it's pretty simple. And then and when someone hires me, I'll know, you know, I'll do the fancy plating, I'll add in the crazy super food fad of the hour that they want in whatever it is. But the recipes that I make, I truly, like I said, I just want to break that stigma that healthy food doesn't need to be complicated, and cooking to dietary needs and restrictions.
Speaker 7: Isn't hard or boring or disgusting.
Speaker 1: I mean, so much of what's out there when you think gluten free, for example, it's uh it's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Do you know this is just a personal question, or to find a good gluten free pizza crust.
Speaker 7: So the Bonza one isn't bad. The chickpea pizza crust, oh.
Speaker 1: You can buy the plain one thing, but don't buy the cheese and the sauce on it. It tastes like on crust like a lunchibles on top.
Speaker 3: I love the pizza lunchible, you love it?
Speaker 7: Airwine.
Speaker 1: Okay, honestly they have good ones. The gluten free bread this place called oh what is it? I'll send it to you on Instagram there or whatever. No, it's not the sesame loaf. It's so good from it's Oh no, it's so got off to message you because I follow them, but I can't think of that the brand.
Speaker 4: But I've been like on this hunt for a gluten free pizza cross and I've tried a couple and they're all tastes like cardboard.
Speaker 3: So just out here, that's interesting that you think their professional brand tastes like cardboard, but not your own.
Speaker 4: Yeast crackers are delicious, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I wish I would like them.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I promised you wouldn't. There was no flavor but your hair tastes off. That's true.
Speaker 4: It's just the almond. It's just the almond like waste from the mill pulp, and then the nutritional yeast and like one other thing that I put them in the air fire.
Speaker 1: On acadda oil is some kind of fat to bind it?
Speaker 3: No, that's I was missing something to bind it. It was like crumbly cardboard.
Speaker 4: I would still try, thank you much.
Speaker 3: No, I believe you try it. I just don't think you like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Plant to Full Kitchen, I think they make a pizza crust and that's the best gluten free bread I've ever had.
Speaker 4: Plant plant to Ful kitchen dot com.
Speaker 1: It's in air one in the refrigerated section, not the bread section, but highly recommend. Their cookies are amazing and there are loaves of bread, and I think they have a pizza crust.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I can't wait for the review on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited. I will review.
Speaker 3: Before we go. Is there anything that you have yet to accomplish that are you a goal setter? I feel like you're a goal setter. I'm a goal setter.
Speaker 1: I always want a journal I never I have not yet journaled, but I'm a goal, I'm a manifestor.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're okay? Where what is something that you are manifesting for yourself as like a career opportunity or personal opportunity that you can share.
Speaker 1: My dream in life has always been my own cooking show on a major network. That would be so exciting. And I feel like so many chefs and so many food shows don't cater to the healthier consumer. You know, you watch Food Network and everything is covered in powdered sugar and deep fried and smothered in cheese, and people are like, oh, that looks sexy, but no one actually eats that way. So I would love my own show. And currently filming a series with Overheard La which launches this Friday. So my own cooking show which will be really fun on socials, and then potentially I working on a reality show of celebrity private chefing in the works if that actually gets picked up.
Speaker 7: But more on the TV side is just my dream. I love it. I love being in front of camera.
Speaker 4: What about a product like developing like I don't know the food space, but you know some sort of like a pan, not a pan, but like a gluten free pizza crust or something, you know what I mean, like your own like line of.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely, I would love to even just test it by working right now collect with some companies like dairy free cheese companies, ice cream companies, to do my own flavor and just test how successful my own products would be in the market. But I mean with Airwan that was a test of retail and we sold hundreds and hundreds of skews in the first thirty six hours. So yeah, definitely my own cookbook I product line would be amazing. That would be definitely a dream.
Speaker 3: I feel like these are very much achievable and like the near future for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Really hope all those things for you. And thanks for scrubbing in today.
Speaker 4: Before you leave, because you are a manifestor. I'm going to get you this book called Calling in the one she doesn't journal, so this might.
Speaker 3: Be a lot of homework.
Speaker 7: I have a journal, I just have not written in it.
Speaker 4: You don't need you don't need to get a separate journal. You can do it actually in the book itself. And it's a seven week program. Okay, sound's cumbersome, but I feel like I feel your energy and I feel like you would thrive at this and you by the end of it, you're gonna call in the one. Get it, like call in calling in the one, the one, just you're the one, like your one.
Speaker 7: You're Oh, it's like a relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh not like I was like the one, the one career going Oh, I don't even so over my head because I'm like, I.
Speaker 7: Just put that to a Okay, I'll ride.
Speaker 4: I think you'll really like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sold. Let's see, we'll have to do it in seven weeks and see if I But you have to be you have to do it, like you have to commit to it. Okay. Does this require downloading the apps? Does he just like show up at my house?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, because it's gonna. It's gonna. It's gonna basically like kind of like unwebs your insides and it like just like you portray the best version of who you are and then you attract the right person.
Speaker 3: Sold.
Speaker 1: It works for me, Okay, yeah, right now, I just attract a I need a dishwasher pretty much.
Speaker 7: I'm just like dirty dishes constant.
Speaker 3: So it would be like, yeah, calling in the one dishwasher. Yeah yeah, edition, I got you. Thank you so much. It was so great. Chatting with you and it's you. I think it's so cool what you do, so out of my You guys are so cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: This is so fun.
Speaker 4: Tell everybody where they can follow you on every everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'm chef by C H E F B A E on Instagram and TikTok. It's chef by on YouTube, and it's chef bay dot com for tons of fun recipes and updates.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna check this out. I'm gonna I'm gonna challenge myself. It might not be pretty, but I'm gonna try.
Speaker 4: I'm with it.
Speaker 3: That's all you can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all we can do, Tanya, That's all we can do.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks again, Thanks you