Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. This is the Bloomberg Surveillance Podcast. Catch us live weekdays at seven am Eastern on Apple car Play or Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Listen on demand wherever you get your podcasts, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: We are so fortunate to join us now for an extensive conversation is Jason Trenner. He is intimately involved with some of the finance and indeed the politics of mister Besson and I would say tangentially mister drut and Miller as well. Jason, We are fortunate to have you here this morning.
Speaker 3: Mister Tigez, I'm fortunate to be here.
Speaker 2: Are you just your thoughts when you saw the essay from mister druck and Miller about the Treasury Secretary and yield management?
Speaker 4: Well, I have to say, just in purpose full disclosure, I know all these people pretty well, and so I'm probably gonna pull some punches here. But to answer your question, I was quite surprised, uh to see uh, mister Drucgonmiller write that essay. And that's simply that op ed simply because he worked obviously worked with Scott Besson and Kevin Walsh and all the rest. And it's a direct it's a direct hit on the administration.
Speaker 2: You and I could go for two hours on this without without taking a breath. Let me get this in here, because Alexis has six questions as simple as I can. How does this constrain Chairman Warsh at Jackson Hole? And frankly, how does it contain constrained Chairman Warsh to the next and the next and the next meetings?
Speaker 4: And so if you're talking about the bond market, uh bond market intervention, it makes Kevin Warsh's job harder. There's just no two ways about it. Because the cost of capital is is debt capital risk pree capital is artificially low. And I think what mister Druggonmiller was saying this morning, which I agree with, is that you know the price mech you know is a mondralize just the bedrock of capitalism and regulating supply and demand.
Speaker 3: And so if you keep, if you keep the price lower than it should be.
Speaker 2: This is why we love Ivan. Jason goes to the single sentence of the essay where I set up and listen. I'll get to it in a moment. Alexis Christophers with Jason trended across America.
Speaker 5: Let the bond market speak right, that's what drunk thro Miller basically, so, but I want to switch gears for him and still stick with Bessent though, because he talked yesterday yesterday about unleashing economic d day on Iran. Your thoughts on the US's plan here might a backfire? Are we on a collision course with China? S am analysts are.
Speaker 3: Saying, and Alexis, I'll just be here a Canady.
Speaker 4: This is not my lane, okay, so but by the same token, it seems to me like it might have a better chance of success than what we've been doing, which is I think unless you're going to put my this is my own personal opinion. I have no expertise here, but I think unless you're gonna put on the ground, is very very difficult.
Speaker 3: To use some sort of as they say.
Speaker 4: Kinetic kinetic approach and have it be successful. So this may indeed help in that regard to get what we want in the United States, which is a non nuclear Iran.
Speaker 3: It might have a better chance of doing it.
Speaker 4: I think aside from that, we would have to have a more robust military intervention, and I don't think anyone really wants that, whether it's the president or the American people.
Speaker 5: I want to stick with the economy and what's happening right now, with how the US is dealing with Canada, and what that might mean for us here in the US. Because we're already dealing with elevated inflation. This could, as canon now promising these retaliatory tariffs could raise prices here for the US consumer. So what does this mean if it becomes as long dragged out trade war as summer saying it might.
Speaker 4: Well, at the margin, clearly it will prompt inflationary.
Speaker 3: Pressure in the United States.
Speaker 4: And again, as I started off the segment by saying, I think prices are the best way to regulate supply and demand, and if you start adding to prices, adding costs, clearly one would think that demand would go down. Now, I have to say I'm more sympathetic to President Trump's tariffs and a lot of people in my business, and that's simply because I kind of know where he's coming from. If you look at any of these so called free trade agreements, they're a thousand pages long and have a million cutouts for various special interests and all the rest. So there's really no such thing. I think in a perfect world, free trade would be great, and the free trade agreement would be a paragraph law or go where sentns lawn right, And we don't really have that, So there's just a reality. I think that the president administration is addressing.
Speaker 2: A nice lift to the market today, Isabelle said Nvidia on fourteen, twenty thirty days straight. I'm kidding, folks, but anyways, a nice pop to the market and naasy cup eight tens of a percent. Jason Trentett here on the Druck and Miller absent moment that we're in. Buried in that essay is a nominal GDP statement, which is that where the ten year yield is right now is somewhat accommodative given our boom economy. The bottom line is we've got a nominal GDP like a banana republic, you know, five percent five and a half. John writings consumption investment out of an eight percent statistic. Here, we're not all that restrictive right now in our yields, are we?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: And I think I have to again to spread some of the blame around. I think FED policy in many ways is responsible to that since the global financial crisis, and that's because they had a perpetuation of financial oppression and the use of QE, which, in my opinion, as Stan says in this article, it greatly encouraged Congressman to spend money they don't have, which they'll they'll readily do. And that's both sides of the aisle. And that's happened to our long an equal opportunity, equal opportunity. And I can tell you there's not a lot of people in Washington, just given my own wanderings down there, that really see this is a threat that our debt level or.
Speaker 3: Really worry about it.
Speaker 4: And I'm not even sure they know that the FETE has been bailing them out jacks in.
Speaker 2: The heart of their optimism, and the best in optimism is we will continue to grow through innovation, the classic Stigletz equation that our growth rate will do better than our debt build up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's you know, there's rein Hard and Rogueff talked about the ways you get out.
Speaker 2: I have Ken, Rogoff and Jackson, all folks last night wandering through this time is different that My first question to rogue Off and Jackson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, because, as they pointed out, there are a couple of ways to get out of this. You just default, Well, we don't have to do that because we're the reserve currency. You can do soft default of inflation. You could take over another country and take their resources, like rename like Ontario the Greenland or something right. Or you could erase taxes and at cut spending, which I think would be probably disadvantageous at this point. Or you can grow your way out, and I think grow your way out is always the best way right now. I think it's the only choice we have because you can't raise tack in my opinion, you can't raise tax is enough or cut spending enough.
Speaker 3: You could make a big difference.
Speaker 2: Alexis Custopers in time. Can you welcoming all of you across the nation, around the world. Jason Trinner with us with Statiga's research partners again the way you choose to listen to us every morning, We thank you. Ninety nine and one FM, Nathan Hager Radio in Washington, Good Morning, ninety two nine FM in Boston, Serious XM across all of America, in Canada including Alberta, Yes, which is a joke. I said is a fifty first date. We'll talk about that in an eight o'clock hour. But good morning, Alberta. On Serious xm Alexis Christophers with Jason Trinner.
Speaker 5: Jason, with the Treasury now intervening in the bond market, what does this do to our credibility when on the world stage.
Speaker 4: Well, it's certainly I would say, uh, it doesn't help.
Speaker 3: I mean, it would just be very candidate.
Speaker 4: It's and I do think if I'm I'm playing the markets, if I'm thinking as a speculator, I would be very careful in being short bonds here because the tool cut that Secretary Besset has talked about is large, and there are a lot of things he can do to hurt bond shorts. From a long term perspective, I you know, I don't. This is you're treating the symptom rather than it's aim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not dealing with the underlying problem. And that's that's not Secretary Vestin's fault or even President Trump's fault. It's a collective fault of Washington.
Speaker 5: So if this is the landscape in which we're going to be navigating, and we're seeing now investors moving to other assets to hedge. Gold has been up lately. Bitcoin above a thousand dollars for the first time in three months at least earlier today. I think it's pulled back a little bit now. Is that the way to move forward?
Speaker 4: I think listen. I think that's probably going to continue until anyone gets any religion on spending, which is to say, you know, people talked about dedollarization earlier this year. I think it's more defeatization because I don't see another I don't see another fiat currency that.
Speaker 3: Will take the place of the US dollar.
Speaker 4: But I do think hard assets and I would put gold in that category much more than I would put bitcoin. But be that as it may, they're both going up, and I think you're absolutely right, Alexis that's where people are going the.
Speaker 2: Time that we've left. Can we ask g's normal question?
Speaker 5: Oh on normal? Would yes?
Speaker 7: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Are you comfortable only large cap quality stocks Meg seven and others as well? That's a traditional question from.
Speaker 4: A FA and it it actually suggests that evaluation matters, which sometimes I wonder when I go into these meetings people, Well, you talk about Graham and Dodd and people look at you like they don't know what you're talking about. If you're if you're under forty, you know, that's a foreign concept.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think for uh, I will say this, I am nervous about the hyperscalers in particular because it.
Speaker 3: Is discounting.
Speaker 4: Very rapid productivity and earning scrubs in the future, and that may very well happen, but it is there's no question about it that it's a bet that people are making and that if there's anything that's happened in the last thirty years for fifty years that would do it, it.
Speaker 3: Could be AI.
Speaker 4: But by the same token, Uh, there's not a lot of margin of safety, it seems to me there.
Speaker 2: I feel like George Burns. I got to ask Jason Trynner.
Speaker 3: Hey, look great, hey man, thanks, how you feeling.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Wall Street wants to know how you feel after battling an illness?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mercifully, everything's good, Thank you, yep. And you know, sunshine and being back in the office every day are the best medicines for me.
Speaker 2: Did your son survive Boulder? In his sink, I saw that he got a double major his academics at Boulder and a minor from the sink the bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, he's yeah, he's in New York. He's he's living with a couple of buddies downtown. Of course he's gonna find it. They are conditioning, they have air conditioning. But you know, it's it's all being in every case, it's being subsidized by the bank of Mom and Dad. Right, So all of his roommates familiar story, precisely. And so he's he's beating the bushes on Wall Street to follow in his dad's footsteps hopefully, And I'm thrilled about that. And he's anyway, he Bolder was what a great place that is. That's a pretty spris as you know, I.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed two years there before going to R A. T. And it's just as really really uh the fondest memories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this was.
Speaker 2: This was right after they found gold, the Unsinkable Molly Brown found gold way back up in the mountains, way back.
Speaker 3: Jason T.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, totigas Research Partners. Stay with us. More from Bloomberg Surveillance coming up after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Surveillance podcast. Catch us live weekday afternoons from seven to ten am Eastern. Listen on Applecarplay and Android Otto with the Bloomberg Business app, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Will tanged to speak to Samonomakuda, chief economists at State Street. Here wrapped around my exit tomorrow for Jackson All we'll have all our special coverage for you Friday, Simona. I'm with Ethan Harris, who's out on LinkedIn with brilliant notes each and every day that mister Warrish is going to do everything to make this a non event. Do you agree?
Speaker 8: If he wants to make it an event, there's not a whole lot he can do. And I think right now you don't want an event because chances are it would be a destabilizing event, not a friend market market friendly event. So yes, better through not rock the boat here.
Speaker 2: I mean rocktor broad is the economists what economy do you see? I mean, we forget that all of us is wrapped around a guesstimate a Q four and in the twenty twenty seven is it just more of the same or the State Street seeing abruptness and change to the American economy?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so. I think the reality is still the same reality. We had a few months ago. It's a two speed economy, not just here in the US, but you know, in many places around the world the US outperforms. But it's not all smooth sailing. I remember last time you and I talked, we were, you know, just before the last payrols report, and we had a nasty surprise there. And I think you live in this world where like you're watching to see what every data point tells you about what is the true state of affairs here? And in that kind of a world, you it's just keeping the balance. You cannot have a very strong view either way because you can be contradicted by the next release. Trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: I know we all are. Are we just biting off more than we can chew when it comes to Canada and this now seemingly escalating trade war. Can things backfire, especially when you consider the backdrop which could be could be higher interest rates in the months ahead.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know. Can I have a very big sigh here, because that's exactly how I feel about this situation. It's you know, there are negotiations and there is a process here, and there is a back and forth and a tug of war to some extent. But you know, truly, I hope that we resolve this because of all the countries in the world, right in Mexico and Canada are here, right here, and they are the ones that we want to work with, because even some of the domestic ambitions, industrial reemergence ambitions of the US cannot truly work without these two neighbors. So you have to find a way forward that works for all three.
Speaker 2: But one of the differences here, folks, is so many people have a prism of comfort of the United States. Samona Macat is different out of West University of Timosaura, Romania. I mean some one of the view you have from your Romania is just flat out different. How are we perceived in our daily chaos in America across all of Eastern Europe from call it Helsinki, I'm down to the Black Sea in Romania?
Speaker 8: You know, I think there there's a multitude of feelings because there is still very much an undertone of admiration and recognition of what the US is capable of what it stands for. And yet I think, you know, hearing it from a lot of people in my personal circles, there is also a lot of confusion and you know the sense of what's going on to going back to what I said earlier, we are all trying to figure it out. I think the people outside the US are also trying to figure out the US itself.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 5: I'm actually just going to go off script for a moment and stick with Eastern Europe because I've just been reading so much about Poland right and now it's becoming sort of this economic superpower within the EU. What can we Americans learn from how Poland is doing it right now?
Speaker 8: Simona, Well, I'm not sure there is truly a lot of direct relevance there there. You know, Poland has some very specific advantages. It's a large nation on Eastern Europe, it has lower labor costs there. Those are big advantages, and you know, they are capitalizing on them. So I'm not sure it's necessarily a lesson for the US here. But I think a.
Speaker 5: Very tight and not a lot of immigration going on in Poland. I don't know if that's something that maybe the Trump administration point to.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I would say there are perhaps the broader work ethic, the you know, coalition sustaining the engagement with the you know, the broader European nations. I think those that's where the values and the lessons perhaps lie a little more in my view.
Speaker 2: Simona Timosaura sort of like folks in the middle left center of Romania. It's called the Little Vienna. The photographs are gorgeous.
Speaker 8: It's a beautiful city. Yes, many places, I would you know. Now we are pushing me. I have to talk about my hometown. It's not just Timi shran I went to school there, but you should visit Alordia. It's it's absolutely studying. There is a lot of art involved.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I always feel a little bit of sadness because I talk to people and say, oh have you visited? Oh we all went up to Beauty Pest and then it's like an invisible wall is still there. Nobody there is to crossover. It's safe and it's beautiful. You should go, is it?
Speaker 2: This is wonderful, Samona Makutter, thank you so much. Stay with us. More from Bloomberg Surveillance coming up after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Surveillance podcast. Catch us live weekday afternoons from seven to ten am Eastern Listen on Applecarplay and Android Otto with the Bloomberg Business app or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Steven Sastik here, who I can't say enough, is just just the perfect guy to talk to about this. What paragraph and the drug and miller essay got your attention.
Speaker 7: Oh he had me at the first sentence top. You know, it's funny because i'd been I wrote about this something similar after the En intervention, and to me it was always a bit odd. Now the EN intervention, I would say was probably a bit more necessary. But if anyone bess bessins, you know, bones were supposed to were supposed to be made working for sorows fighting you know, breaking the Bank of England, he should know as well as anybody. And this is where Druck and Miller started, was that you if the tides are moving in a certain direction, you can only fight them for so long if you're without something changing. And so in the case of the bond intervention, unless the unless the Fed, or the Treasure or or the fiscal authorities do something different, you're fighting this trend of people not wanting long bonds. And it's not because of credit quality. The credit to fault swaps on US treasuries are relatively unchanged. There's so much competition for long paper right now, you know, calling another one hundred trillion dollars from hyper scalers and the like. There's just too much. There's more paper coming on than than than than is available for the market, than the market conveyor. And you see three or three percent real rates on long treasuries. That's not a matter. That's just a matter of fighting the tide in the short term for for you know, for a very short term gain. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, when when you talk about long more, long more paper coming on, is that a threat to the stock rally?
Speaker 7: It can be the way the way I've been I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago and and basically said that, you know, for the basically fifteen years pretty much since the global financial crisis, we had low interest rates, we had very low inflation, and we also had companies doing massive buybacks reducing the flow of available the supply of available shares and private equity and other you know, m and A activity reducing the supply of available shares.
Speaker 3: Flip that on its head.
Speaker 7: Now, those companies that you have higher interest rates which kind of precludes a lot of private equity activity, and I think they would like to be sellers, considering some of them private credit woes that they're dealing with. Some of the biggest companies buying back shares are not aggressively doing it. They're basically now keeping their float stable and they have huge cash flow needs instead of spinning off tons of cash. So that tailwind has turned into a headwind. Well, is it strong enough to stop the market short term? Probably not, But you're now fighting this instead of having this pushing you forward.
Speaker 5: You know that we had one of the most read articles today on the Terminal was about private equity firms finding a new way to ride out the cash crunch. They're trying to placid investors because there's just no exit in sight, and they're doing something. They're blending stock and debt now to help boost I guess a key measure of fund performance. Does that make sense to you? Is this where we're at at this point?
Speaker 7: Unfortunately? Yes, I mean I give the immense credit to the financial engineering that these funds can do, but it tells us the basic problem is they would like to exit a lot of these investments. The whole point of private equity is to be you know, Yes, they'll say they're long term holders. But you want to exit and go on to the next deal, but you can't do that if if all your funds are tied up, you know in invest in investments that that are essentially very liquid.
Speaker 2: Steve Sasig with his chief market strategist Interactive Brokers. You know, I want to synthesize in here your Wharton abilities, which is this linkage here that we have of a financial system into our politics, into our markets. Verry, I can agree with my book of the Summer talks about financialization, and I think that's maybe what we're all screaming about, including mister Drucken Miller and mister Bessett with your wonderful perspective, Steve Sasnik, How financialized are we right now?
Speaker 3: Incredibly so?
Speaker 7: And I'm going to argue that on the margin we're actually more casinoized. If I'm gonna if I can coin a phrase, is I think you know.
Speaker 2: Love that John Tucker make a note? Can we steal this without real time?
Speaker 7: It's a foot an occasional It's occasional footnote is all I asked Tom.
Speaker 3: It's gradus.
Speaker 7: But basically, you know what's going on is is I think we've all fallen in love with markets and and fallen in love with financialization. And I think that's fair. It's it's it's created a lot of prosperity for a lot of people. So in some cases has ameliorated what I would call financial nihilism among a lot of my kids, friends and generation. But what what I think is going on now is because we've become so enamored of essentially an uninterrupted, almost two decade run in markets, I think a lot of that has become incredibly speculative. And you know, we're sort of bordering on, uh that that that fine line between speculation and just outright outright gambling.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 5: You know I was going to ask you about FED direction. Yeah, we had Peter sheer on earlier. He actually says, you don't. He doesn't think we're in for a rate hike at all anytime soon. And he thinks the next thing we're going to see are a series of rate cuts from the Federal Reserve. What camp are you in?
Speaker 7: I'm in the camp of right now, Kevin Walsh is trying to play out the clock. I mean, I think he certainly doesn't want to be forced to do anything before the election. I think the working US bought him a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, no, you nailed it. You nailed it because we forget where the calendar is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're now into the idiocy of what do these people do up to the first Tuesday of November? Continues to so and so.
Speaker 7: The thing I would love to have him address, and I will basically say there's no chance of him addressing is are you and the Treasury secretary? You wash and the Treasury Secretary at odds because essentially the Treasury Secretary is doing Operation Twist, which was a form of QE, which seems to be at odds with what Worsh wants to do. I doubt that he'll touch that because it's not a press conference. It's just going to be an address.
Speaker 2: Steve Sastik, thank us so much, the Interactive Brokers, stay with us. More from Bloomberg Surveillance coming up after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Surveillance podcast. Catch us live weekday afternoons from seven to ten am Eastern Listen on Applecarplay and Android Otto with the Bloomberg Business app, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: This is a joy. I grew up in a house that worshiped the guy named Nevill Shoot who was the author of Australia and frankly brought Australia to the Western world. His most famous book. With our question think Gregory Peck the movie on the Beach, a town like Alice and Beyond the Black Stump was his ability to go out to Western Australia and Perth. Joshua Krab joins us right now with Robko as well. Is Perth booming right now like say Brisbane's booming in the far Eastern Shore.
Speaker 6: I think the economy has been reasonably solid. I mean, morning industry has been pretty pretty solid for a number of years. Things like lithium are coming into a place, what we've seen in iron all.
Speaker 9: So I think the economy has been pretty good.
Speaker 6: Housing market's been pretty well supported, but it's been a while since I've been there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course with Ribika, of course, the linkage always is on Asia Pacific to China. Link the different spheres of the Southeast Asia in Australia to China, which is the one you focus on most well, we.
Speaker 6: Look at the whole of the Asia pac region, you know, from New Zealand through Australia, Japan all the way up to sort of Pakistan, and I think there are a number of linkages that sort of sit there.
Speaker 2: Which is the most interesting linkage right now?
Speaker 6: I think probably the most interesting one is always what people are not talking about. So for me, that's Southeast Asia. Seven hundred million people genpp are capital as well behind what we see in other parts of the region in a sort of a nice place from the geopolitical perspective because they're far enough away that they can sort of benefit from both sides of that geopolitical divide, very very cheap stocks, so it be something that's very interesting, not a place that people are focused on. But as I always say to people, two years ago, no one was focused on Korea. If you remember at the time, we just had the martial law type of event, and people, no one should touch this market, no one should be interested, and we all know what's happened to that stock.
Speaker 2: So where's your next career right now?
Speaker 6: I think it's always hard to say what's going to be the next one now, but I think you definitely need to be looking at markets in Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Vietnam. You know, this type of marks have great long term trajectories coming out of them, that sort of structural growth.
Speaker 9: Sure, you get.
Speaker 6: Hiccups, these are emerging markets, but cheap valuations, big populations, lots of foreign direct investment benefit from these sort of strategies of supply chain diversification.
Speaker 9: So for me, you know, you've got to be looking at them. What do you think we.
Speaker 5: Can learn from the South Korean market because there's sort of the poster child or the single stock leveraged et if we saw it with Samsung sk hiinex. They're rebalancing that that. Forced don't know if regulators are going to move in to do anything, they're probably not. So what what can the greater markets learned from that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I do think this is the first one.
Speaker 6: Remember the zero day options that we had in markets like this, So I think the reality is is, you know, you've seen a great democratization of financial markets over the last twenty thirty years, and as a result of that, you do get these types of events. You know, people get excited, greed and fear still drive markets to a large extent, and you do see this in happening over and over again in various types of markets. So you know, I think it was an event that occurred and obviously created some extra volatility, you know, but there's also seen a lot of wealth creation in these markets.
Speaker 9: As I sort of said, I mean.
Speaker 6: That the wealth that's been spread not just in terms of the stock market, but also in terms of the earnings and how that's flowing through, you know, into the into the workers in those markets and spending that they do.
Speaker 2: How has the politics of America adjusted the investment and finance of Southeast Asia, the broad spectrum from New Zealand and Australia that Japan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think that's a real interesting question. I think there's always an element of politics, because obviously the political environment has changed, it's become more complex, and that's made people sort of think about, you know what that what does that mean for my currency exposures?
Speaker 9: What does it mean for them? You know the market volatility that's happening within that.
Speaker 6: But for me, honestly, I think the real the biggest question is not so much around the politics.
Speaker 9: It's been around the market environment.
Speaker 6: We've seen fifteen years of the US market outperforming everything else and until twenty twenty five, I don't.
Speaker 2: Mean to interrupt and running out of time This is the critical question. Do you need a rubiko dollar weakness to make this happen?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: You've got cheap valuations in these markets, You've got an improvement in earnings that are coming through, like most of the markets in Asia. Going through this reporting season, we're seeing you know, six fifty to seventy percent of earnings beats the market on forward earnings to multiple is the cheapest that's been basically in the last ten years. And the valuation gap to the US has been the biggest as we've seen since two thousand and This is happening at a time when the US market is has been underperforming for the last eighteen months now. It's not saying the US market's bad, it's not saying it's bad companies, but sometimes there are opportunities after fifteen years of underperformance and cheap valuations to make some money.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, Josh Sure, head of Asia Pacific Equities Ervico.
Speaker 1: This is the Bloomberg Surveillance podcast, available on Apple, Spotify, and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Listen live each weekday seven to ten am Easter and on Bloomberg dot Com. The iHeartRadio app tune In, and the Bloomberg Business App. You can also watch us live every weekday on YouTube and always on the Bloomberg terminal