Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, our friend Nick Cardero died. I guess if you're listening, it was two days ago. He died of complications due to COVID. He died at eleven forty in the morning, his mother and wife Amanda or by his side. Just for Clarity's sake, he didn't have COVID anymore. What COVID did to Nick is what it does to a lot of people, is it comes in and wreaks havoc on your body and then leaves and you don't have it anymore, but you're left with what the doctors called lungs that looked like Swiss cheese. They said it looked like it looked like he'd been a heavy smoker his entire life. And he was on every machine they could put him on, and they towards the end, they were all on full. They were on you know, he'd have days where he was doing okay, and everyone get excited because something would happen that was somewhat good, and then it would all kind of go back to zero. So he was just even to live. He would have needed a full double lung transplant, and you only get those if you're healthy. In all other ways. So he the machines were really truly keeping him alive, but he was surrounded by loved ones. And Amanda is just the ultimate wife. I mean she I can't imagine a spouse who could have championed her husband more. I mean, she started this movement online with people just rooting for them and singing his song. He's Nick, amongst being an actor and a Broadway star and was also becoming a TV star, was writing his own music. And so he wrote this song Live Your Life, which was beautiful. It was his first track, and it's on Spotify and Apple and everywhere. We're gonna we're gonna end the show with it today. But Amanda would have everyone sing it at three. She would like on Instagram, she'd have this whole just all like thousands of people across the world singing his song. And and anyone that would talk to her about, you know, ways to help Nick on any any person who DMed her, she would like talk to them and be like, what, what do you know? And she just did more research and and and she really got so involved. And the doctors and nurses at CEDARS, I have to say, were amazing and did everything they could but you know, COVID doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, no, it does not at all, because if COVID did give a fuck, circumstances wouldn't be what they are right now.
Speaker 1: You know. I guess one of the hardest things for us, and you included Donald has been seeing this, you know, young folks, not believing that that this can really kill them. I think it's It's the sad thing is that people people, I think the young attitude and when I say young, I mean under fifty. I'm just guessing, is like people have this attitude of like, all right, I don't want to get it, but if I get it here it's like the flu. And for some that's true, and then for some there's what happened to Nick, where it's or it just destroys your body. I mean he he had in treating him, he developed all these blood clots so bad that he had to have his leg removed. His blood pressure wasn't strong enough, so his the tips of all his fingers and toes were blackening and they would have had to have been removed had he lived.
Speaker 3: He also was on like you know, red havoc on his kidneys. He was on dialysis.
Speaker 1: Yea. He was on a ventilator, which was often at its highest setting. He was on he had a pacemaker.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we do this show today, but we're going to try to do this show today.
Speaker 1: Well I think we do it because you know, I could have canceled doing this, but I feel like sitting around and joking with you and and this and this amazing group of of UH friends and fans and listeners that listen to the show is is one of the bright spots of my week. You know, I I I look forward to this. I look forward to sitting around and laughing with you. I look forward to reminiscing and and I feel like I am so useless to the world right now. The only thing I only service I can provide at all is that you and I can make a bunch of people laugh, hopefully twice a week, uh and and UH and remember some old stories and make people giggle. So I don't want to not do my uh your pardon my part, hopefully, which we will. We will shift to I do want to just talk a little bit about how I how I met him, If that's okay, yeah, please do So we were doing a show called Bullets Over Broadway, which if you don't know the movie, it's a Woody Allen movie with John Cusack and Diane Weist. Really great film. And so this was a musical adaptation. It wasn't new songs though they decided to all just use songs from the period. Originally, when we did early readings of it, it was gonna be Bobby kind of OLLI because Bobby is like, you know, in the film, it's Chaz pomentary, but Bobby is like such a young Chazz promentary type and such a good actor. And we did a reading and you know, Bobby, Bobby is just an extraordinary actor. He's not like a mega Broadway singer, nor am I. I'm sure Bobby would would would would agree. So the part was like when Bobby did it, it was good, but it was kind of like, how is this gonna work? If the guy's got all these big songs. Then Bobby couldn't do it for scheduling reasons. And Nick came in and no one had heard of Nick before. I hadn't heard Nick before. And he starts singing and everyone just dropped their jaws on the floor. This unknown guy who was like John, he was like six', five big tough looking, guy and then he sang Like. Sinatra he had the most amazing, voice and everyone just everyone's jaws r on the, floor including one of the beautiful dancers in the, Show Amanda, klutes who was going through a divorce at the, time and certainly her eyes perked up when she saw the super handsome six' five guy Sing? Like sinatra and.
Speaker 3: How come they always got to? Be tall let's just get let's just get that out of the way. Real quick what do, You, mean well, you know, you know if you're under, five eleven all of, a sudden women look at you like.
Speaker 1: Your short that's, NOT true i, would yeah. It is if you're under a.
Speaker 3: Certain height if the minute you hit six feet tall out, of nowhere you're a. Tall, Person see, I've seen i've. Seen it i'll. Tall too i'm six feet, you pause must be ten and. A, half, no, no, no, No no i'm sick, Feet man i'm. Six feet i'm it's my it's on my driver's LICENSED when i got.
Speaker 1: Over doctor so you lied to, the government that's what.
Speaker 4: You're, saying, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: No no but my, point is you know you say you're. Five eleven, it's like, oh no we. Can't talk you say you're. Six feet it's a big it's a. Big difference it's almost like women break out the ruler on, you too like the the long what's the thing that you pull out of the, tape measure the tape measure they pull it out to, make, sure okay, all right and you can't be like five eleven and, a half it has to be like six feet. And half once you're over six feet you're. Considered tall this Is what.
Speaker 1: I've learned we really tapped into a personal issue.
Speaker 3: Here, though no this IS what. I, learned anyway back. To it So a Manda.
Speaker 1: Sees nicks so, they're there they have their meat cute now the big thing In the, boltimore broway and you can see. This moment actually it's best captured On. The Tony's, so nick so we do, the show and the show is a big, ass musical, big budget huge. Dance Number and nick does not know how to. Tap Dance so nick has to train his ass off to learn not just how to, tap dance but how to tap dance well enough to look like the star Of a broadway tap. Dance number and you can see this if you go on YouTube and Look up Bullets over Broadway. The tonys they did a number At, the tonys and you can see just how incredible it is and it's so, amazingly done and you'll be you just won't believe that when you're, watching that that that guy didn't know anything about tap dancing and learned for. The show he trained, like NonStop so he. Killed it he Got a, tony nomination which is a huge thing to be an Actor on broadway and be nominated For. A tony and we. Just. Bonded man, you know when you Do a, broadway show you'll play just you, can't sleep, you know after, the show you're adrenaline. Is pumped you know that from doing A. Play donald so we would all go out and hang out and we'd all Party in manhattan and end up at my place late night and just had so many great. Memories together and THEN when I directed Going, IN style i put him in. THE movie i for those of you who saw, the movie he's he plays the Butcher That morgan freeman ends up stealing a Porkloin. From morgan freeman goes up to the butcher counter and He's like i'll take. That One and nick goes the, whole thing And and morgan goes the whole, damn thing And then nick goes something like whatever, you, say boss or something. LIKE that i, don't know, but anyway it was this kind of a cool moment WHERE or i got To put nick in a Movie Opposite. Morgan freeman and then, you know He and amanda they had this beautiful baby They, named elvis and they and they had always dreamed to come into, la because, you know he he Was On, blue BLUD'S the, tv show but really wanted to kick start the next chapter of, his career, you know because he people, loved him knew Him, on broadway but he hadn't yet Other Than blue bud's really broken OUT. In tv and, you know he wanted to Live In laurel canyon because he loved Music And laurel canyon just has this just beautiful history of of of music that's that was all the. Developed here and he actually uh bought they bought a house on on the Street That jim morrison sings about when He Says, love street she Lives On. Love street and so Because because morrison was living on on the, very street so they bought this house and they were just in love and so happy and it was Like the, american dream this, beautiful couple the white picket, fence house the brand. New baby and then and then he had. To go they had to go pack up their things. And uh and then when when he was packing up his Stuff In, new york that's when HE got covid came back, with it, and uh he didn't have any of. The symptoms this is right at the beginning when everyone, was, like oh you you lose your sense, of smell you you have, a fever, you know all the stuff we all learned right off, the bat you have any. Of that he was. Just exhausted he couldn't get out. Of BED and i went and. Had tests he tested, negative twice And then amanda, finally said you gotta go to. The hospital this. Is crazy she dropped him off and she she she.
Speaker 3: She, said well, she said while he was changing, the baby he fainted or something. Like that he lost consciousness or something. Like that and that's when they, were like we're going to. The, Hospital yeah and she took him to the hospital and, you know it was the. Emergency room so she was going to drop. Him off she couldn't, go in so she was going to circle the block and wait for him IF ill.
Speaker 1: I know if she was going to serve with, the block but she was going to. Come back she was going, To say i'm not GONNA sit i can't come, IN obviously i don't want to sit in the car if it's hours with, the Baby but i'll. Come back just. Text me and she was never able to see him fully. Conscious again he, just deteriorated deteriorated until the point where they put him on the ventilator and then and then it never. CAME back, i mean he kind of woke up for a little bit and there were some exciting moments where he where they, Would, say nick can you if you can hear us? Look up and he would. Do that but he wouldn't do it all. The time it was, you know it was, only occasionally but a Maan this amanda would just every she couldn't be at. The hospital but there there were nurses who would set up a letter. FaceTime him, i mean can you imagine how tragic. This is you can't you can't your. Partner's hospital you can't even, be there you can't be by. Their side you can't, hug them you can't, kiss them you can't cheer. Them on you have to do it. Over FaceTime that, with that a generous nurse has.
Speaker 3: Has arranged well that's the that's the part that's so tragic, to me, you know just dropping him off at. The hospital and at, this point most people WHO had covid were getting, the test and then they were told after they got, the test listen quarantine for a, little bit and if you got sick and it was, like pneumonia they were giving you drugs to combat the pneumonia.
Speaker 4: And stuff but they were sending.
Speaker 3: Everybody home so when we found out that he wasn't going to, come home that was like the first thing that, was like, holy shit.
Speaker 4: What do you mean can't? Come home.
Speaker 1: And then he spent ninety days IN. The, ICU yeah i mean ninety days IN. The icu.
Speaker 4: THAT'S he.
Speaker 1: I, don't know. It's tragic and then she would come back here because she was they were staying at my, guest house but we obviously had to, social distance and she would be this is how fucking tragic. It was she would be ten feet away, From us FLORENCE and i, and sobbing and we couldn't go. Hug her we would literally stand ten feet away from her and watch our. Friend sobbing.
Speaker 3: And she. Tested negative she never she never.
Speaker 1: Got it she never.
Speaker 3: Got it she tested NEGATIVE for covid and negative for. The, antibodies yeah she never.
Speaker 1: Got it slept.
Speaker 3: In the same bed as.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 1: Too well when he got, super sick he moved to the. Guest room for what, it's WORTH but, i mean, come on they were in the. Same house, they were they, were sharing they were the baby never, got it. Thank god so now he leaves behind this beautiful baby boy who YOU and i are going to be very involved in.
Speaker 4: His.
Speaker 1: Life absolutely fortunately, for me his father, loved MUSICALS so i will be able to do. MY part i don't have to do any. Of that uh throw, a, baseball shit you can, do That.
Speaker 3: Right I'LL see, I happen i happened.
Speaker 1: To him i'll be in a position where his father would really want that boy to, Love MUSICALS so i can handle that. Right on if you can do, THE spiral i still can't throw a. Great spiral if you can Teach both ELVIS, and i if you, don't mind.
Speaker 3: Don't trip what'll be great is he'll come over Him and rocco will, Play him Roco and wilder Will, Play yeah I'll have rocco show him how to, you know compete, with kids and.
Speaker 1: Could show me how to throw.
Speaker 3: A spiral he might be able. To, Listen man i'm not saying he's super athletic and can and is like a and it's like a. Superstar athlete but he's definitely, you know he's definitely in it to. Win it when it comes to me, pushing him how, ABOUT that.
Speaker 1: I, bet, WELL listen i pushed him. So hard, this, uh this there's so much there's so many people That love amanda And and elvis and we're all going to be doing our part to help give this child an. Extraordinary life and he just started walking and he's just the cutest. Kid ever he's. So cute and, YOU KNOW I I I. I i the Last thing nick texted me before he went UNCONSCIOUS was, i said is THERE anything i? Can do and, he said please look Out for amanda and And. And ELVIS and i Promised that i'm going to do that for the rest of. My LIFE and i want to make. HIM proud i.
Speaker 4: WANT to i, want, you well don't worry about you will.
Speaker 1: You will, you know it's funny we have there's all these relics there Remnants of nick. Around HIM where i do the podcast is in a room where he used to do. Audition Tapes and i'm looking right now at the tripod that he was the last person. To use and and down. The gym we have a gym and there's this water bottle that's it's like one of those plastic water bottles they give you when you like as a as a, you know in a gift. Bag thing it's From Doing, JAMES cordon. I think and It's A james cordon water bottle that's like three quarters full. Of water and we never moved It because, LAURENCE said i Knew that nick was the one who left, it there and it like sits in our gym as LIKE a i, don't, know homage, an homage. A testament i don't want to. Touch it we both kind of want to leave it there forever. A shrine it's, a shrine that's what. It is So uh and then not to, be preachy but it would be it would be it would be responsible, OF us I think donald to not segue briefly to to just begging people to to. Wear masks, you know if you're paying attention, at all you saw how a lot of people behave this this, holiday weekend, AND uh i WAS just i. WAS flat i don't know if you guys, too well And and dan, you watch but there's video of, you know hundreds and hundreds of people just. TOGETHER partying i don't think they quite, get it, YOU know i don't. KNOW what i don't know what else one. CAN do, i mean you can just share. YOUR experience i don't know how else you can. Convince PEOPLE but.
Speaker 3: I mean i think that's as far as it. GOES now i think, you know to yell at people to wear, a mask a mask is it seems to it seems to be a moot point because a lot of people don't want to. Do, it hell our president isn't wearing. A mask, so yeah you know that being said to to tell someone to, do it you can, do that but you know everybody's gonna do what they want.
Speaker 1: To, do, YEAH yeah i mean what else can? You do you could lead a horse to water kind, of THING but i. Don't know it's if you're if you're listening to this and your and you're moved at all by By the. Nick experience no matter where, you live please consider wearing. A mask and you, might, think well it's not, you know you don't you don't think it can happen, To you but but, You know nick's the ultimate example of it's a roll of. The dice you. Don't know, of course you could get a flu. Like cold if you, get it you could also have a really tragic end to, your life or, even worse perhaps give it to somebody else that you. Care about, you know you might be just a carrier and then you give it to one of your. Loved ones, You know DONALD and i are in the unique position that we just had a front row seat to how horrible.
Speaker 5: This was.
Speaker 1: So please think twice about wearing.
Speaker 4: A mask do you want to get into?
Speaker 5: The?
Speaker 1: SHOW yeah i think we should segue to some to our true, responsibility here and that is to make the. Folks laugh there be ready to. Do that.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of said he's a, story next, so yea.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Huge? Get Huge get Donald On on Thursday's Podcast, ken Jenkins everybody ken's promised will be on.
Speaker 3: The Show, Y'all Jenkins The Ultimate fake doctor is coming to.
Speaker 1: Hang out, You know DAL and i joked on previous podcasts that, you know we felt he was going to blow us off by telling us he was still moving and and, You know ken's an, older FELLA and i didn't know if he would figure out not only the zoom of, it all but we also record ourselves and then, you know on recorders and then email it To to daniel edits it all together and and thank god son is super tech savvy and super down. To help and so his son is gonna be his Own personal daniel and uh and set it all up. For him and so ladies, and gentlemen we are thrilled to announce we're Gonna Have ken jenkins on.
Speaker 4: The show very excited.
Speaker 1: About that and the other piece of Good news DONALD that i wanted to tell everyone that there's been such a love for The ring tone and uh and and we we were so happy that you guys love the Themes, on ringtone but then a lot of, people said why did you choose one? Without them. Mm HMMM so i want you to know that now you have, the choice and we're gonna put the links up on our on our On our instagram and the Bios and i'll tweet it out and all, that stuff or of course just. Google it so it's kind of like you know how they, release sneakers like limited editions and shit, like that or as, we. Said remix this is like another one now that one old. One's gone if you preferred the one, without them. Mm hmmm. I'm sorry that was a limited edition one. That's gone and those of you who, got it you got it and. It's, yours yeah it's it's probably it's probably worth way more than a, dollar twenty right because it. Was limited that shit was limited and. It's over now you can only get the one with them. Mm hmm and, even better you can just buy them mm hmmm and have it be your notification for your texts or. Your emails so like we, told you we, The, best yeah we, the best, ring tones best.
Speaker 3: Major key, another.
Speaker 1: One, another one so you can get them to be your, text Notification which i'm gonna set up myself to, be HONEST because i think that's. Pretty funny, All right, so yeah, Oh yeah so heh we have a. New segment uh, you ahead don do you? Introduce it?
Speaker 3: All right so this is the. New segment we're gonna try and give you a quick summary of the show in. Thirty seconds i'm gonna, go first.
Speaker 1: Wait, now no you're gonna, Go Period but I'm gonna i'm gonna set up my, timer, here okay because this is. No joke now are you ready to? Do? This yeah, all right you gotta sum up the whole show in. Thirty seconds mark's get. SET.
Speaker 3: Go jd Turk and elliott are feeling themselves in the beginning of, the episode but then realize that they're going to be stuck in the hospital without an attending throughout. The night that, being said they feel. So underappreciated So does ted and. His band but the real person that's truly underappreciated in the hospital. Are nurses and so we go through all of these things, at night just to tell you at the end of, the episode you know who's really not appreciated. At hospitals nurses show.
Speaker 7: Nurses respect, holy shit that, was, incredible dude that was Thirty ninety, OH man i missed it by now, come, on dude that was incredible by.
Speaker 4: A second and you.
Speaker 1: Landed it you landed it with like. A, Message dude you're off to a.
Speaker 3: Flying start there, We go there.
Speaker 1: We go you KNOW what i.
Speaker 3: DID today i took that. Alpha brain oh it worked out.
Speaker 1: On you that was. The joke That's The joe. Rogan pill That's The joe.
Speaker 3: ROGAN pill i took that. ALPHA braak i.
Speaker 1: Would appreciate you since they're not our sponsor if you just called It Your joe. ROGAN pill i Took The joe. Rogan pie, but, Wait dude i'm. Really impressed, so everyone that's our new segment because a few people who aren't watching the show along with this, were like can you sum up the show to remind us and our new segment in season two Along With. Ask rob we don't Have An ask rob in this one because he's not in, the episode But it's donald sums up the episode in. Thirty seconds you did a. Fantastic job.
Speaker 4: Thank you let's take.
Speaker 1: A break we'll be right back after these. Fine, Words.
Speaker 3: Okay so FIRST thing i noticed big time in this episode is. My lisp it's sincerely List by, verryless episode very.
Speaker 4: Liss episode it's a LOT of if and a LOT of IF and i and.
Speaker 1: That's edited by. THE way, I mean I remember bill being like he's choosing the moments in editing with at your least lisp be so imagine what's on the cutting. Room, floor right.
Speaker 3: Here's THE thing i. Feel like and, you know, BACK then i, Was like i'm gonna try and fix. My teeth but it was such a distraction in this episode for ME that i, feel like, you know regardless of what anyone says, OUT there i feel like it wasn't my best Performance because i'm trying to talk around.
Speaker 1: A lisp, i, see well you were in, your head you. Were insecure i'm sure that comes up for lots, of actors no matter what. IT is, i mean you had a self induced problem because you put braces on. Your teeth but, you know as an actor it's so important to get out of your head and. Be present and if you're, thinking like oh, my god my lisp or oh, my god the's it on, my forehead you can't possibly be present because you're in. Your head so you thought it affected.
Speaker 3: YOUR performance i definitely feel like it affected. My PERFORMANCE and i bet you when we finally do take the, Braces OFF when i do finally take, them off you soar like.
Speaker 1: An eagle like, An eagle you soar like.
Speaker 3: An, eagle.
Speaker 1: Yeah that should be a ring, tone eagle, another one.
Speaker 3: Another one.
Speaker 4: So what is this fable that you're talking about in? The beginning what are you?
Speaker 1: Talking, about well You're talking, oh oh so there's the funny CRAIGSIST directed i remember it opens with that. Wacky shot i've got the, glasses on the magnifying EYEGLASSES so i can look in the. Janitor's foot it's the fable of, you know pulling the thorn out of the.
Speaker 3: Lion's paw does the lion Eat, the no.
Speaker 1: The janitor, Adds, THAT oh, I mean i understand the fable is THE the i don't know what the fable, is? Really right do you?
Speaker 4: Know it he?
Speaker 1: Pulls out he put like a, Mouse, pulled dan you? Know what the mouse pulls a thorn out of the. Lion's paw what else is there?
Speaker 8: To know it's it's like it's the relationship between, the mouse, the lion and. The elephant the lion needs the mouse to pull. The thorn it's like it's kind of, like this it's the story about the circle of life and how like we all need each.
Speaker 1: Other eventually it's kind OF like i can't do this all on. My, own dano there, You go there, You go i'm. No superman dan was able to sum up that fable in less than. Thirty, seconds yeah the janitor's just fucking. With me, he's like, that's no THAT'S then i, kill you, you KNOW just i Left it Camp meadow WOOD because i improv THAT little, I mean, I mean.
Speaker 3: I laughed.
Speaker 4: Really hard and first, of, also, dude dude you're so good at. Pratt falls oh?
Speaker 1: Thank, You yeah oh, my.
Speaker 3: Goodness gracious, She's like i'm gonna describe someone here and you and and and let's see if you know who it Is clumsy And THEN. John C h, cox says don't answer, that newbie and you look at him and, you go no worries and you lean against a cart and fall flat on. YOUR face i gotta, tell, you man you're really good. At pratfall.
Speaker 9: THANK you.
Speaker 1: I had i had so much fun, doing THEM and i got it's. Like anything over, THE years i got better and better, at THEM AND i i we had great stunt people that that would teach me how to do it better. And better and then of course sometimes when they were like, life endangering they would do them because that's what great stunt. People do but, uh no, THANK you i. LOVE IT I i i used to. Love it. You, know well we keep Talking About john ritter and stuff when when we WERE when i was a KID and i Would Watch john ritter fall in thre. EACH company, I mean i just thought it was the Funniest shit i'd, ever seen and and and and he was his body was like a piece. OF spaghetti i just WANTED to i just wanted to be. Like that so but so that means a lot. To me. Thank you the bad title sequence. IS back i don't think it has, too many uh too many appearances in. Season two it's.
Speaker 3: QUICKLY killed i think it got like four or, five runs and then.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna notice because, we're watching we'll be able to see when the when the weird. SLOWED down i can't do.
Speaker 10: This all.
Speaker 1: See when, THAT'S over, I laughed are you scratching your your your nose with the. Patient's.
Speaker 3: Foot yeah there are a lot of jokes in here that, were, LIKE wow i, DON'T like i don't necessarily Like how turk. Is acting in the beginning of, this episode HE was, i, mean yeah, well yeah but he was, also misogynistic you KNOW what. I mean he had a lot of misogyny going on in. This episode you mean when you're in. The, clinic, yeah well not only when he's in. The clinic when he's in the operating room and he turns to the nursing and he says and he says, something like, uh uh you know what time? It, Is baby and she's like and you see in her face, she's like wait, a, second dude who the fuck do you think you're? Talking to and he goes on with it and on, with it and then That's what and AT first i, was like there has to be a payoff, for this because if there isn't a payoff for This and turk's just, a dick we got a. Problem here and it turns out right RIGHT as i Said that turk has to scratch, his nose and he asks the the nurse in, the surgery will you scratch my nose? For me and she looks at him, AND goes i can scratch, my nose and then she does scratches her nose and she's like.
Speaker 4: That, feels Good and turk scratches his nose with. The, FOOT yeah i.
Speaker 1: Was fighting there's something In the scrubs wiki about that guy continues to change races. OR something i think sometimes his leg is white and sometimes it's black. Or, Something no i'll read it. To, YOU no i don't know if, it's TRUE but i trust scrubs wiki Because our. Scrub's wiki, it Says when turk goes into the, o r the patient lying on the table has a black man's feet but a white. Man's face Then when turk uses the patient's foot to scratch, his nose his feet turned back. To white.
Speaker 4: That is the weirdest.
Speaker 1: Thing ever it's a pretty funny. Cottinon heir that IS pretty i don't know how that could. Have HAPPENED but i don't know how that could. Have happened maybe it's lighting. Or something maybe it, IS lighting i, don't know but it's. PRETTY funny, i mean unless it was like a pickup from a different day and they got a different guy to, DO it i. Don't know so at five, twenty four there's a little bit of homo erotic scrubs web stuff where we're, LIKE all i think there's some people who's fetish might be that we're all. Hooking up, but anyway When and i've seen One WHERE johnny c has me pressed against, the wall it's like a it's either photoshop or it's a painting OR bull.
Speaker 4: I think it's, a, drawing.
Speaker 1: RIGHT but I think i've also seen a photoshop. To, one Anyway it's johnny c having me pressed up against the wall, from BEHIND and i found the moment it's at five twenty four when He's pushing jordan up. Against theft that was the inspiration for the beautiful piece of art That is johnny taking me from behind on. The internet do you.
Speaker 3: Think do You think god.
Speaker 1: We should put that on? A mug you think be?
Speaker 3: ALLOWED to, i mean we could do whatever.
Speaker 4: We.
Speaker 1: WANT iHeart i don't KNOW if i heeart's going to Approve the.
Speaker 3: Why would iHeart disapprove of two men pressed up against?
Speaker 1: Each, Other no i'm just saying it's a homo erotic. Fantasy porn it might not be part Of the. iHeart family i. Don't Know, maybe, joelle.
Speaker 4: Listen listen let's send it to marketing and. Find out wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it? Be great it wouldn't it be great to have that on? A mug i. WOULD totally. I would how?
Speaker 3: About this how?
Speaker 1: ABOUT this i remember we talked about how the temperature changing BECAUSE when i was, a kid we had mugs that when you put hot stuff, in them they, would CHANGE and i thought it was the coolest. Thing ever So, it's, jordan right but when you put a hot beverage, in it it turns to out of.
Speaker 3: THAT mug I was i was, gonna say you got me once you. SAID porn i, WAS like i think we have to do.
Speaker 1: It right, All, right well we'll check with the. Higher ups we might have to license whose ever art, it was because they really spent a lot of time Turning turning jordan. Into me we have To ASK. Johnny c i'm Not SURE johnny c would, be down but we could ask him.
Speaker 4: Why not it's it's it's, A mug, i Know but i'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure he wants a mug of, us BANGING BUT i. I do and towels.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 3: Beach towel what do You think Jordan and cox are into some like? Kinky ship Because because I'm gonna i'm gonna tell you something, right now she says, your, name.
Speaker 1: Yeah but she's just Fucking with she's just fucking with him because he's got to hang up about the fact that we. HAD sex.
Speaker 3: I, don't, know man that would turn me off right then. And there, of course IF if i found Out, that casey right before we, hooked up right had sex with one of my best friends and they kept it.
Speaker 4: A SECRET but i was still in love, with HER and i went back to.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 3: Well yep AND when i went back to, the well she called me, your name she, was, like, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes zach i'd be.
Speaker 3: Like that'n't, BUT yeah i.
Speaker 1: Think we've established that they're into. KINKY shit, I mean i think it's been like tame down FOR, network TV but i think it's implied that, they're, into like, you know some bondage probably and some. Twisted shit isn't there a fantasy Once where franklin our ad was in a leather, gimp Suit where marty the. SMALLER janitor i think he jumps out and he's a part of the. Sex fantasy do you remember this?
Speaker 4: AT all i do.
Speaker 3: Remember this and he punches somebody in. The nuts he.
Speaker 1: Punches me in. The nuts but that's a. Different fantasy marty was in a.
Speaker 3: FEW fantasies I thought i thought he always punched you in. THE nuts i thought that was.
Speaker 1: The that Was his what you're, Talking, about well let's punching me in, the nuts punching You, In DAN so i wear a thong at six, O three i'd like to.
Speaker 3: Go back also go ahead when He comes When doctor cox comes out of, the Room and jordan walks, one way and he Walks to carla and he go and, she's like whatever it is that you guys were doing, IN there i don't want to know. About it, he goes why can't people have a conversation in an? Empty room and, she goes that room's. NOT empty i laughed so hard when he looks back into the room and the man's in the bed with the biggest smile on.
Speaker 1: His face that man saw.
Speaker 3: Some action he saw a lot.
Speaker 1: Of, action yeah. That's funny but also. THE thong i got a thong and it was my first and only time ever wearing a. Woman's thong so that was a good. Life experience, you know when you get to when you get to be, an actor you get to try lots of. Different things some, people become, you know skilled.
Speaker 4: With firearms some people become expert boat rowers or.
Speaker 1: Bike, riders yeah some people become skilled at archery because they're doing sort Of a Game of thrones. Type, thing, right, Right RIGHT and i got to wear a woman's TONGUE and i saw. My package it.
Speaker 4: Looked good on. You too. THANK you I never, I never i never thought of you as a person with a. Nice booty what?
Speaker 1: Thank, you well. IT'S small i think you have to be into a. Small bottom some people like junk in, the trunk and some people like a Shelf like god. Gave you and then there are people that like something firm, and small and THAT'S what i offer to.
Speaker 4: The world you do have a very. Tiny booty it's like two by, four ish but.
Speaker 1: It's hard it's like a it's like Like, like Mutton.
Speaker 4: Like mutton it's firm.
Speaker 1: Like what we don't Even know. Mutton's ferm we never figured.
Speaker 4: It out it's Very, tim muttons. Very tender so what about.
Speaker 1: When, the janitor speaking of the gay themes of, this episode when the janitor tries to set me Up With tim.
Speaker 4: Raw Who?
Speaker 1: Was raoul Who Was bill lawrence's assistant at.
Speaker 3: The time Was He bill lawrence's assistant or Was, he yeah He Was.
Speaker 1: Bill, lawrence yeah He Was bill lawrence's Assistant because danny, got. Promoted yep and he was a very.
Speaker 4: Handsome man and one of the most Handsome men i've ever seen in.
Speaker 1: My Life, Rob, Yeah raoul and so he did a cameo as my handsome date thanks to the Janitor. Named tim AND then, I go i'm not gay and, he, GOES oh i, get It. Neither's tim.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Was, funny yeah. It was neil had some funny stuff in. THIS episode i.
Speaker 3: Laughed my ass off when he walks, into room, all right what do you want me? To do you want me to knock?
Speaker 1: Him? Out yeah and then, he's, like oh you're saying that you can DO what i can DO and i can't. Do it? You Can and i'm. Like yes, he, goes well how would you get coffee up off a? Tiled Floor and i'm like the rough side of a sponge and, he's like. Damn it.
Speaker 3: It was a, funny, Episode MAN and I.
Speaker 1: Have, ted's band by, the way how great is at eight? Forty four We got ted's band singing Facts of life in?
Speaker 3: The. Elevator right the show Starts with kelso, you know one of the THINGS that i left out in my summary is that, you know this whole show is Really about Johnny, and jordan, you know as much as it's about the three of us in. The hospital it's Really about Cox and jordan and how they're gonna make this. Relationship, work Now remember bill talking early on in the podcast when we first started about the will they or? Won't THEY and i, got IT but i never, really understood, YOU know i just didn't think there was a lot of Story of johnny and, of Sorry of Cox. And jordan and there's quite a bit of Story of Cox, and jordan especially now BECAUSE now i know what's. Gonna happen she's gonna get pregnant soon and all of. These THINGS but I thought i thought it WAS really i would have watched, that Show the Cox and, jordan's show also because they do such a great job at h at these at these characters and playing these this this.
Speaker 4: THIS role.
Speaker 1: I forgotten i had forgotten that there was a lot so Much of johnny's love life in. THE show, I mean johnny has a whole there's always this plot about his Love, of carla his Love. Of jordan as we go, on further he's going to start dating other women on.
Speaker 3: The show, but anyway so my point was Is that Kelso wants cox to give a speech before he Accepts an award at the end of, the show and, he's like why don't you ask, Your lackey why don't You? Ask ted and, He goes ted's not an. Impressive person and then for the rest of, The episode ted's.
Speaker 4: So impressive you KNOW what, I, mean oh.
Speaker 1: THAT'S interesting i never. Saw that.
Speaker 3: That's clever he's so impressive, as that you KNOW what, i mean from doing from, Doing uh Facts Of life charles, in charge.
Speaker 1: Six, million dollar six million. Dollar MAN but i, gotta say You know, sammy's voice, you know it's. So good, you know there's there's times when you're singing and it's funny and you're just you're enjoying the humor of of. Them singing but in, THIS episode, i, mean granted he's sitting there singing The fucking Facts of life theme Song and i'm Sitting and i'm, watching, it going, holy shit he's such has such a, good voice and he's singing.
Speaker 3: So, high yeah, you know you take the good to take, them bad to take them both in there you Have the Facts, of life about facts of that, out o damn gotta. Growing show you're.
Speaker 9: Growing now you.
Speaker 4: Know about the fact?
Speaker 3: That bad it. Was amazing you never never.
Speaker 9: Seems to believing up to.
Speaker 3: Your dreams suddenly finding out the facts of life are all?
Speaker 9: About?
Speaker 1: You who all?
Speaker 3: About?
Speaker 1: You you AND then i, go me oh?
Speaker 3: About you it takes a lot to get A.
Speaker 1: Rock sammy goes way higher than that because you're more of. A baritone he's more of. A, tenor.
Speaker 4: Well he crushes it.
Speaker 10: In the Facts.
Speaker 4: Of life that. Was, amazing uh that.
Speaker 3: Was amazing and Then when charles and they bust Out into charles And, Charge, YES.
Speaker 1: Charles i like the guy who's doing the deep Parts On charles Charles And. Charles charles it's always funny when you listen to an archapella group to just to focus on what the bass. Guy's doings he's always doing Something Like Charles. Charles, charles.
Speaker 3: Well he. Crushed it AND then i got, One, question yeah where the hell did that trash can?
Speaker 4: Come from at the end of, The, episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah why are? They burning it's supposed to, be like, you know out of.
Speaker 3: The movies It's like rocky when he's walking down the Street in philadelphia and his brother's singing at the.
Speaker 1: Trash can this is like one of those things where the show that technic should be in a fantasy because they're really not singing around a fire barrel at. The hospital, but uh but it sort of rides the line of like they found, a fire they found a barrel and lit it on fire right at.
Speaker 3: The rim at, the rim, he's, like listen he's not he won't be here for.
Speaker 4: Another hour let's just fucking start. A fire let's start a fire in front of.
Speaker 3: The, hospital well sing in front, of.
Speaker 4: It and that'll. BE it i laughed, So, hard like where the hell did the trash can't? Come from what.
Speaker 1: About when you were in the clinic and you say that's not enough tailenol for a woman in your size and she punches you in. The face he had.
Speaker 3: It coming this Is what i'm. Talking about turk was a dick in.
Speaker 4: This episode well.
Speaker 1: It was we were showing the bill was showing that, some surgeons Stereotypically, including turk are very cocky and he needed to he needed to check himself a little bit by getting punched in.
Speaker 3: The face he wasn't, just cocky he was kind of. A dick, I mean I just i mean cocky Is like i'm the best. At this he was just.
Speaker 4: Insulting people he, was.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but hey, You know and then what about when, the janitor when the, janmer goes you Rang like lurch From the. ADAMS family i so want him to leave. Me ALONE that, i accidentally, on purpose hung my stethoscope from, the, ceiling.
Speaker 3: Right could you get that? For me and, he goes We're even and it's all because you took the splinter out of his foot in the beginning of.
Speaker 1: The show what about when they're doing Six Million dollar Man and, sam goes your no no no no no nos could.
Speaker 3: Be, louder yeah do you remember what it used? To be what do you remember watching that when they? Did it he goes is, no, no, no, no, no no no. No bitch, OH yeah i.
Speaker 1: Remember that but why were? We there why were they be?
Speaker 3: There watching because we're in the scene we're pushing the gurney down the the oh and then they come out of. The ELEVATOR but i remember we were, we were we.
Speaker 1: Were. There Everyone whenever sam's band, would sing everyone would kind of gather around because it was so funny AND and, i remember, you're right don good memory that they were like there were all these funny Options that bill, didn't use but one of them was it's, jin, no, no, no. No, bitch YEAH.
Speaker 3: And i thought they used that for. The show so when he goes your jinas could be a, LITTLE louder i, was like that's not THE line.
Speaker 1: I remembered and then and then he got and then he goes to the. Other guys you guys. WERE fine i love that they should have put.
Speaker 5: That in.
Speaker 4: So good let's take.
Speaker 1: A break we'll be right back after these. FINE words i WANT to i want to digress for a moment and talk about another topic that's been on. My mind it got upstaged by all that happened in the. Real world, but oh here.
Speaker 3: We go ladies, and gentlemen get your get your phones or whatever you're listening to, this podcast get, it ready because. It's time it's time to pay.
Speaker 5: The.
Speaker 3: Piper motherfucker. Let's go did you watch Remember? THE titans?
Speaker 1: I did? I did he took his earphones off when you had to sit back and put your. Earphones on. UH huh i Have to i'm gonna be sincere, Right. NOW OKAY i i am sorry to YOU that i never watched this MOVIE because i loved this MOVIE and i cried. Multiple times you don't need to know anything, about football to be moved by.
Speaker 5: This movie.
Speaker 1: IT'S FUNNY i i don't know anything, about football and, my Girlfriend, who's british doesn't know Anything about, american football and we both were sitting, there SOBBING and i just have, to say and this is. No bullshit you are such a. GOOD actor i really. MEAN it i really. Mean it i'm not just saying THIS because i. LOVE you i was watching the movie just as a film and being. SO moved i thought every one, was really, really good and there's so. Much talent wood what's his, Last Name. Harris wood harris is, extraordinary too. And everybody there's a lot of, great actors but OF course i was most focused, on YOU and i JUST thought i, kept thinking, Holy, shit donald as as successful as you been in, YOUR career i believe that you are a very. UNDERAPPRECIATED actor i appreciate you. FOR saying i think that you become most known for your comedy because you're. Very funny but in, this movie you your dramatic acting is, so good and there you are toe to Toe to denzel who some believe to be the greatest. Living actor, Right now i'm one of, those people and you are toe to toe with him and incredible. And improvising that whole thing with the smile was. So good what was? THAT you i asked you about it and what that? Was written because you were it just looks so real and you look so genuinely. Fucking nervous uh that we, you know most of that was.
Speaker 3: ACTUALLY written a lot of it, was written some of it was some of it was was improvised and stuff. Like THAT but i got to tell you, right now when you're playing Basketball With, michael jordan you can't help but make a layup.
Speaker 4: Or two you KNOW what?
Speaker 1: I mean, right right, right now that's.
Speaker 3: What happens when you're Working With. Denzel washington you can't help but freaking score. The ball. You know one you don't want to let. Him, down yeah and two yeah you rise to.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 1: Occasion yeah it's like that that hackneyed expression always says if people, always say if you want to get, better tennis play with someone who's better. Than YOU and i feel. That too I'm when i'm acting, With, PEOPLE well i just did this film With de niro and, he's there he is screaming in, my Face and, i'm like you can't help. BUT react, i mean you're gonna be as it actually makes acting so much easier because the person is so, fucking good you're just gonna. Naturally react but you.
Speaker 4: There were so.
Speaker 1: Many moments we paused it a few times when your abs were on screen because, holy shit.
Speaker 4: Your.
Speaker 1: Stomach dude that.
Speaker 3: Was BACK when i weighed one. SEVENTY five i just think.
Speaker 1: That you don't have to go that hardcore because that was probably a lot of but you looked.
Speaker 3: Really, good yeah that was BACK when i was twenty five and weighed one. Seventy, Five wow i'm just wanting.
Speaker 1: To know we FLOW and. I paused we. Zoomed IN when i say, ZOOMED in i mean we were taking video of it on our phones and zoomed into. Your aubs.
Speaker 3: I'm just happy you. Watched it i'm gonna be honest, with, You Man i'm i'm happy you.
Speaker 1: Watched, it No and, i'm sorry. No bullshit it's been a kind of a joke amongst us for so Long that i've never seen. This film AND then i, finally said this, Is crazy i'm being shamed on. THE podcast i have to. Watch it AND then i watched IT and i. Loved it, you know IT'S got. I loved i think it's. BEAUTIFULLY shot i loved, the score was, really moving just the You. KNOW denzel, I mean i Could watch denzel read The. Phone book i'm just so entranced. By him and of course, the message which, you know of course couldn't be more relevant, to today and it's just. So moving so it's so exciting and by, the way very hard to tell the story of a full football season in a two. Hour MOVIE and i, remember, thinking like how are they going to? Do THAT and i thought that was done. Really Well, Ryan gosling. It's funny, he's uh he's become such a, giant star but he has a pretty small part in. The film is? He was he not a big. STAR yet i didn't really know where.
Speaker 3: He, was no, he was he had he had Done Like young Hercules And The Mickey mouse club and stuff. Like THAT but i remember when we were working, with him he was seventeen and we were all, grown, men right. We were we were all all. Of us everyone else was grown Except, for gosling and, you know he was the one that we all wanted to hang out, with though you KNOW what, i mean Him And Wood wood Wood and gosling were the two people. That were it was like And and, ethan ALSO when i, WOKE up i would check to see if they, were working and if, they were if they, weren't working if the three of them, weren't working or one of them, WASN'T working i would go and hang out with one.
Speaker 4: OF them I Love ryan, hurst too but he worked a lot when we were.
Speaker 1: Making this And And, ETHAN sipple i think he lost all.
Speaker 3: That, weight, huh yeah He's jack now he's like.
Speaker 4: Just ripped is?
Speaker 1: He, ripped YEAH he's i remember reading that he lost.
Speaker 4: It, all no he's like he's like a gym rat. Now too oh? Really yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah But, WOOD harris I mean i saw him in. The WIRE but i was GONNA.
Speaker 3: Say i was gonna say. That too, you know before you saw, THE movie i had a part in your. Upcoming movie before You saw Remember, THE titans i had a part in your. UPCOMING movie i FEEL like i lost that Role To wood harris now that You've seen Remember.
Speaker 4: The, Titans, no no.
Speaker 1: It's funny you're, so sweet.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 1: KNOW donald i Was telling donald on the phone about HOW much i love this AND and i was Talking About woo harris and and and uh he, Was like, He's like i'll give you his number if you want to put him in. Your FILM and i, was like that's just it says so much about who you are that you're you're gonna plug a friend. Of, yours man that. GUY'S talented i want to see more of. HIS work i literally looked him UP because i, JUST thought.
Speaker 3: I, thought, you yeah he not a big movie star, Right now THAT'S.
Speaker 10: What, I.
Speaker 1: SAID florence i, was, LIKE how i know this guy's works. A lot he was on the WIRE AND i i amd, beat HIM so i saw. His WORK but, i mean, THIS guy i, was like this guy should be a. Household, name yeah. He's amazing so so for those of you idiots that haven't want to Remember the titans, out there, tell him tell him you need to go, check yourself, check yourself, because no it's really really good and very moving and great to show. YOUR kids, i mean what a great film FOR so pg that kids can, see it and and it's such a beautiful message, of unity especially during this time when we continue to battle so many civil. Rights PROBLEMS so i thought we're gonna go a little short today because if, That's okay i'm sorry to let you. Fans down, BUT uh I think i could muster an hour Of Being. Joe VIAL but i might go fetle for a little. Bit now but we. Love you we're so glad. YOU listening i wanted to end. The show if it's all right, With, You donald We're playing. Nick song oh that'd.
Speaker 4: Be great i'd.
Speaker 3: Love that are we going to play the outro and and go? Into it are we gonna.
Speaker 1: Why you five six seven Eight into? NICK song i? Like that how about that to shake?
Speaker 4: IT up i.
Speaker 5: LIKE that i.
Speaker 3: LIKE that I hope, I hope i hope you guys are ready. For this this Is uh Live your Life By. Nick, cardero yeah so you can.
Speaker 1: Get this you're gonna love, this song and you can get it yourself on wherever you can buy songs or, Stream, Songs, apple, spotify, Wherever iHeart i'm sure wherever you. Get it it is such a. Good Song and nick came out Here to la to start a, music career and he only was able to release one song before, everything happened and and ironically or beautifully or coincidentally or whatever the correct, word is it's a beautiful song about celebrating. Your life so go, out there and h and celebrate your health and your loved ones And, and DONALD and i really. Appreciate you and go get the new, ring tone and go get the mmm hmmm and have it be your your. Notification Alert, AND donald i love you. Very MUCH and i don't.
Speaker 3: Think you tell each, other ENOUGH but i want to tell you. RIGHT now i love you.
Speaker 4: So, MUCH man i.
Speaker 1: Love you you. Mean you you matter a lot to me and you're a very important person in. My life Joelle, and daniel we're grateful.
Speaker 10: For.
Speaker 1: You Grateful and thursday we will be back with more pep in our step and we will have The Legendary. Ken Jenkins, so donald count us in to live your life by The Late nick cordero.
Speaker 9: Five six, seven bags, THESE hurts I.
Speaker 10: Kill fazacal you made your mind.
Speaker 3: As, you yell it won't be on the.
Speaker 1: Other side body in my time.
Speaker 10: Us.
Speaker 5: The life, you've got, YOUR plans i got nine you understand how starts?
Speaker 1: A nine one?
Speaker 10: Shooting past and now consent to read a sign that just still light leave your life.
Speaker 1: And it's.
Speaker 9: All right live the.
Speaker 8: Light like you've got a.
Speaker 10: Nice leave. YOUR life.
Speaker 8: I love to a friend.
Speaker 4: Of mine.
Speaker 3: No supper foods and you, Be fine.
Speaker 10: Just Feelself your mike is step back, a crime not Bed night bear the life.
Speaker 5: Just, all.
Speaker 1: Ride your.
Speaker 4: Like, you fall.
Speaker 6: Your, Lie.
Speaker 10: Love Mental, Side white it's, all.
Speaker 3: Ride make good.
Speaker 10: Like you. Got Night may.
Speaker 3: God live.
Speaker 10: He'll give you, a listen chase.
Speaker 1: Your line not, about fight