Speaker 1: Well, hello the Internet.
Speaker 2: I am talking very loud because I'm excited that in the season three thirty four, episode five of The Daily Zeitgeist, a production iHeartRadio, thank you for doing that, was saying hi, work Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh did you do the yah? Oh like hi y'ah? No? No, oh okay, I'm like, just right now, I'm trying to switch it up. I got a pacation thing later work.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you got the normal dude, So I'm talking about that. But yes, this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Friday, April nineteenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 2: I hope y'all are fucking ready to do whatever y'all do on the weekends, and I hope you enjoy it. But what is April nineteenth? Officially? It's National Clean out your Medicine Cabinet Day. Yes, because you're having a party with high schoolers coming over, don't let them take to your medicine cabinets. Clear all that shit out.
Speaker 1: I have a feelteen baby, yeah, right, four nineteenth.
Speaker 2: If this feels like a thing, big farms, like get rid of your like expired meds. You can buy new ones, like it's kind of like what they're saying here. It's also National North Dakota Day, National Amaretto Day, National Garlic Day, National Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day, and don't forget that that was four nineteen.
Speaker 1: And National Hanging Out Day.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's such a look this is America, baby, you know what I mean. We got we got a lot on any given day here. It can be garlic, it can be you know, right wing. Yeah, it could be, is what we always say in America.
Speaker 1: But anyway, are you trying to make are you trying to make this show less white when on the day's Jack is not here? You know, just I have to spread my trilingual wings, you know what I mean? I mean and try.
Speaker 2: I gets two and a half.
Speaker 1: I mean my Spanish is pretty basic.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, because you know when Jack, when I start speaking foreign languages, he does things like stop talking code around me.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, you gotta you gotta spread your wings.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, people who have mixed families like that where a parent is an immigrant, some I know, some American families are they say, like if foreign language was discouraged in at home luckily on this show. We don't discourage it here, we embrace it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: But guess what my Miles Gray AKA and I said, hey, yay, yeah, he yay.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, my voice is gone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my voice is gone because I was screaming for non blondes while I was doing karaoke in Japan.
Speaker 1: That is a reference.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Kleil Universe for my voice in the first couple of days was real touch and go because I'm pretty sure I blew like a whole vocal cord screaming good. But yeah, yeah, I mean that's the thing about when I I'm not a great singer, but a little bit of alcohol in me, I will I will scream like my life depends on it. But anyway, I'm through to be joined by my guest co host, a fantastic person, my new lunch homie. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Here we have luck.
Speaker 2: We have salty salads.
Speaker 1: Is what we do.
Speaker 2: We very salty food when we hang out. That it does what it does. I needed some water afterwards, dude, I drink. I couldn't believe how parched I was after that salty salad. Anyway, and look he's a fantastic writer, comedian, producer. What I mean is it all? He does everything in this town. He even hosts a podcast. You already noticed, the legendary podcast. You know it's this racist Please welcome to the microphone, mister Andrew D.
Speaker 1: I I came up with an A. I was trying to think of an AKA this morning, and I was like, if I was a different, like, you know, stand up type Joe Rogan podcast person, they would have called me Andrew t fake mister T A k A b A abacus. Oh wow, And I couldn't. I couldn't get that out of my head, even though it's both racist and whack. So that's what I bring to the table. You say, b A A bachus You know, I just that was that was my I was trying to I was riding that line, and then it was time to record. So that's where I'm at. I get it, I get it. I get it. Well, guess what, Andrew, We have a fantastic guest today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone who's a fantastic actor, comedian, improvisor, also does many things. Also has a fantastic podcast, Jocular, a podcast from a queer sports angle. Okay, and it is a newly arrived podcast, I believe, only launched in March of this year on Adam McKay's hyper Object Industries. Please welcome to the microphone, the brilliant, the talented, the athletic Katie Kershaw.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: Welcome Katie. How are you? How are you?
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us. This is your first time on the show. Thank you it is.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. Thank you so much for having me. This is awesome. I have two other hosts of the podcast, and you've got the least athletic one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well hell better than us? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I also talk about sports too, but and I do it seated, and I dream of doing the thing things I talk about in the sports podcast. What's your sports like? Did you play a lot of sports? Do you like?
Speaker 1: How do you?
Speaker 2: How did you get into sports that led to now hosting a sports podcast with Your with Your with Your Home.
Speaker 3: Well, I grew up in Kentucky, which is basketball country, right, so it's kind of like ingrained in you. Everyone in my family played basketball. You grew up watching basketball, and I played it as a kid. And then at one point the coach who was like my mom's best friend I was in like fifth grade, tried to send me into the game and I said, I can't. I'm having a conversation. And then at the point yeah, he came up to my mom and was like, I just don't think she's got it.
Speaker 1: Wow. And then the podcast scouts were there like, I know, perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's watching vod like watching basketball and she's talking conversation. We've got a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call Adam McKay now, now get him on the phone now. I don't care if podcasts aren't invented yet, they're a thing. They're gonna happen. Yeah, well, dope it. It's great to have you. Where are you coming to us from? Are you in the City of Angels as well?
Speaker 3: I am a Highland Park.
Speaker 1: Baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I've been going. I've been going to Highland Park a lot. Like I feel like I'm at hermo Seal, like every other weekend for someone's birthday.
Speaker 1: Is so easy. Everything. Yeah, it's like outside. You don't have to worry about anything. You can bring a baby, you can bring a dog. Come on through and you bring a baby dog. You can bring a baby dog. They're not vaccinated yet. You could have.
Speaker 2: They got freckles, you know, always always a plus when you got pickles. Why you you don't like?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: Like? You said freckles with such confidence and freckles, you know, like homie freckles. Like I get it. I was just a little too familiar, little too familiar.
Speaker 3: The formal name, the Christian name of pickles.
Speaker 2: Pickles, right, deep fried pickled cucumbers.
Speaker 1: This is what we like to say around here. I'm just saying, I'm just saying too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, that's fine. I mean, look, I'm people. I'm a freckle freak. Baby, I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 2: You know that song a down on Cripple Creek, they saying this man is a frequal freak. I audition for the band and I did not get in. But anyway, here we are. Let's talk. Let's give the listeners a preview. We won't be talking about our health food habits, but we will be talking about Marjorie Taylor Green is now ironically leaning into her former anti Semitic conspiracy theory, or maybe she's being serious. He wants to bring back the space lasers. But for real, this time, we'll ask about that well, we'll also ask what's happening with New Yorkers because there is a bacterial infection that is on the rise that is due to a substance that seemingly feels very New York, but it's also a bitch. It kind of freaks me out this story. And while we're in New York, we'll talk about the New York Times, not about their amazing journalism, but they're amazing games. They're puzzle games, and why therapists are worried that they're seeing a they're seeing a bit of a trend in the wrong direction with some of the New York Times puzzle games. And then we'll just check in with the Trump jury selection process, because it's a fucking circus already. People are getting impaneled and then immediately here were like, yeah, I can't do it. Sorry, no, actually I don't think I can be objective here. I have too strong an opinion on this, or maybe they realized it could lead to a lot of fractment. We just don't know, but we will talk about that all that many other things. But first, KK is okay, k oh, yeah, do people call you KK?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like a definitely a back home nickname.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels like a high school nickname for sure. Yeah yeah, yeah, for sure. Well, I will be like I am familiar with freckles, I will be familiar with how I refer to you, Katie Kirshaw. What is something from you search history or a recent screen shot on your phone that says a lot about who you are? Reveals something about who you are.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think about a recent screenshot.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Just if you have either one, either one works. I feel like they're equally telling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that screen shot can't share, I would say exactly. I was looking at my search history and my girlfriend and I just moved, so it's really kind of house oriented. So I looked up guide to buying a washer.
Speaker 1: Oh so if anyone.
Speaker 3: Has any tips on buying a washer, I need them.
Speaker 2: We're adult in hung we're now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not like which vaporizer can fuck up five people at once? It's what do I need high efficiency? Do I need a front loader? Do I need a top loader?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 2: Did you end up like on like wirecutter or like one of those things that Google inevitably is like, hey, they pay us enough to put their results up top.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course I did. I was on a best Buy guide. I was everywhere. I think, I'll I don't know what will go. We're we're looking at a bunch ofs this it's so lame, but that is it's going to be a top loader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, yeah, roadloader.
Speaker 3: There's like you get mold like in the ring of it. It never dries out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That, or sometimes you get like old like if you use those pods. I've noticed like old detergent will collect like in the front and I have to like constantly like scoop out goop.
Speaker 1: Now it's like just it looks like primordial ooze. Oh interesting. Yeah. I bought my first non like off a guy in craigslist. Appliance. I did get like somewhere in twenty twenty one, maybe like a new washer dryer, And I turns out do my exact same thing I do when I'm getting wine. Was that I just straight up got the second cheapest one, and it's so far it's been fine. I feel that.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, I don't know, I don't want the cheapest one. Yeah, exactly. I mean I feel like, for the most part, they're sturdy, but I don't know. Zeygang. If you know a lot about washing machines, please please do reach out to Katie or I and I can pass information along. What would you need to be looking for because like if yeah, in my mind, I'm like, does it clean? Okay, Like I don't need to do like infrared whatever or be connected to that. Just don't get anything that's connected to the Internet. I would just say that we don't need God no, because I saw a thing about how people's appliances like that are connected take up are downloading a lot of information like oh the point Yeah, you're like, ob why is it using this much of my internet? So yeah, the internet is kind of let's get away. Oh my god, I just realized.
Speaker 1: I just because it started getting warm and Los Angeles turned on my my new window unit AC that does have internet connectivity, and I do think my household bandwidth has gone down?
Speaker 2: Does it for real?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really? Now I'm probably making a connection, that is it? But as you say it now, I'm like, it's the fucking right. It's like the like the old yeah dad, things like too many guys are on the internet, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Katie, what is something you think is underrated.
Speaker 3: Something I think is underrated is the Costco chicken bake.
Speaker 2: Oh go on.
Speaker 3: I feel like all of the attention, all of the T shirts, all the merchandise is about the hot dog. It's delicious, don't get me. I love the hot dog, of course, but do I leave wanting a little bit more? Yeah? And also too full? Yeah, it doesn't balance it out, but the chicken bake feels like I'm getting everything together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, no, I'm thank you, thank you for saying this. Actually not, of course, because we all know one hot dog does not make a meal. That's that's just it is what it is. We're from America, Like, the hot dog is like a half bag of chips, basically, and.
Speaker 3: That hot dog is too big to justify two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one point five of those yeah, yes, yes, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Right, three three, three per couple basically. Yeah, it's sort of how we'd like, you.
Speaker 1: Know here, I don't know if you've been here before. We kind of do it family style.
Speaker 2: I would probably say, for you know, the two of you probably go with three of the hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a hot dog and then you lady in the tramp the other hot dogs exactly exactly. It's whoever you're with, regardless of relationship.
Speaker 2: Is like the chicken bake, I just the feeling is basically like just cheese and bacon and flavor, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, how would you how would you describe it in a culinary aspect.
Speaker 3: The way that my mouth is watering right now? I would say the the flavor profile of the chicken bake is complex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: You were not going to be able to kind of nail it down upon first bite, right because you have the crunchy parmesan on top.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: The bread is nice and fluffy, but not too much because it's still like half crust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to hold it in, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the filling I from my sense memory is chicken, bacon, cheese and almost like a caesary type yeah.
Speaker 2: Dressing, Yeah, I'm just I'm looking at the official description now. It's chicken breast strips, mozzarella provolo and parmesan cheeses, smoky bacon, creamy sesar dressing in green onions. That's green onions. That's what the green is.
Speaker 3: That's the secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a vegetable. I And this might be apocryphal, but I feel like I heard that it basically came like like sort of like when you're stoned in fourteen and working at a fast food restaurant, you just like put it together because I thought it was supposed to be the pizza dough, and then they like took the famous Costco chicken pieces and then just cracked open their like pre made Caesar salad box and like throw all that shit together. Basically, Oh my god, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're at Costco lore like that?
Speaker 1: I the answer is yes, Yeah, I was gonna say, but I don't. I just don't know if this is false or like a fun little story, but I believe that is. Like all the ingredients are off the shelf, components of other ship they already had in the store, right right, right, Well, I mean look again, it's like it's like building a car at auto Zone. Check this ship out right, except there's no frame or doors.
Speaker 2: But we made it. It's like, man, we got we got a pedanal engine. But I mean this she can kind of go downhill it were technically, Yeah, it's got lights, it'll move, It's got got a shitload a wiper blade fluid I'll tell you that shitloaded. We got a ton of that, and you know, some loose wheels. Katie, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated? I think giving friends advice. I think it's the worst idea. We should stop doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me, give me an example. Put me in the situation where I'm fully embracing this take.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if somebody is like, you know, I'm seeing this guy and I just don't know, what do you think? I'm not dating that person. I don't know what they're like. Intimately, I don't I don't fucking know. We don't have the same taste right first off, wouldn't date a man anyway, So it can't really help you there for sure. Ye, Like we're friends.
Speaker 2: When you said I'm dating this guy, I'll tell you right now, like.
Speaker 3: If we're friends, then we have the same probably like mental illness, Like we have the.
Speaker 2: Same emotional morbidity.
Speaker 3: I'm not the person and I'll probably not like the person you're dating anyway, so I might just be like not or maybe he's nice and has like good snacks and is really friendly, then I'll say hang on to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been in situations like that, I agree, And now I'm like, now that you say it, I'm like, there are friends you have who have like the weirdest dating habits, And it does get to a point like I don't know if there's a fucking thing I can say to you that will help, because there are so many other ships that are like entangled in.
Speaker 1: This that it's not just like what do I do? Do I like dump them? I'm like, I don't know if it's that's the actual solution to what's going on here, just generally rank like they're not the problem right right from my perspective, you are actually the problem.
Speaker 3: But I don't seen every relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can.
Speaker 2: For me, You're the common denominator here. So I don't know what else to say aside from like you do better. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It also is very unlikable to point out people's real flaws. It turns out.
Speaker 3: Like it turns out yeah, people don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, it just feels like, you know, like you kind of don't like being single, you know, like the second year off one, you're onto the next, and I feel like it's really those spaces in between, as Dave Matthews says that you could really just kind of find yourself and maybe make a better decision. Like you don't know everything about me, you don't know what's going on with me. I'm like, see this is what just let's just talk about this.
Speaker 3: Let's not talk right right, Yeah, And those friends that come to you for every life decision, it's like I really truly don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We can talk about it. I'll just help you decide where.
Speaker 1: We're eating dinner right right exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just like kind of talk shit and watch tv.
Speaker 2: KK every time you say we just just get chicken bakes? Every time can we say something else? And every time I ask you relationship advice, you always ask me if I've looked in the mirror recently.
Speaker 1: Wait, just to go back a little tidy bit. I felt like I didn't want to say this because it would reveal too much about myself. But did you guys see that shit on the internet where people were getting one Costco dog a chicken bake. You bite off the top of the chicken bake like a cigar and then jam the hot talks.
Speaker 2: No oh no, oh no, that is fucking wild.
Speaker 1: No, I mean obviously I would eat it, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was bad. That seems like that's a that's a bridge tooth. We don't need to We don't need to mash it up, you know what I mean? Listen, I don't like Glizzies in unexpected places is not something I'm really like.
Speaker 1: What about Glizzies in a white cream and hot season dressing?
Speaker 2: M Wait, I'm back now, Actually, now that you say it like that, yeah, wait, but wouldn't it displace a ton of the filling?
Speaker 3: If you right, it's gonna be a mess.
Speaker 1: You just got to loosen it up. Where's that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god? Made it seem like it made it seem like this was not That was not the hard part. The structural part is not the hard part. Don't get hung off on the on the engineering, right, don't worry about that. But the filling displaced me. That is bound to occur.
Speaker 2: When do you when you.
Speaker 1: An object with that kind of problems? Bro? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do with the bun? You just have a loose bunch?
Speaker 2: I thenk you do, just have a loose fun No, that's your napkin now, or maybe that's your like bacon. Yeah, it plops out the bottom into your bun and then you eat that. This is this is getting so gross. But do people like it or people saying like, dude, this is the bomb, like adding hotdog to.
Speaker 1: Chicken be I mean, I think the problem with especially I don't want to say the kids today, but with the kids today on their Internet and their apps, is you're you're so incentivized to be like this is amazing. Yeah, there's no way to know, like like you're not like you're not supposed to be on TikTok being like that's all right, I probably won't finish right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because that's like, yeah, like like the I remember early on, like in the pandemic when people were like these like Midwestern nurses were trying like Indian food for the first time, and they're like, oh my god, y'all like this, I'm sorry, this is like chicken tico must must salad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's so good. It's like, oh my god, I never had flavors like this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about did you see when people were drinking beer with a glizzy straw ew? Yeah, and people are like, don't knock it till you try it. I'm like dude, I no, no, yeah, it's like fucking there's no planet, and then you don't want like a ice cold beer soaked fucking frank to eat at the end. Oh gosh, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: It's really I mean look, ninety percent like of the food content on this is Me hot take, Yeah is truly it's because people cannot fucking cook, and so all of the life hack industry is like every one of those gadgets.
Speaker 2: If you know how to use a knife.
Speaker 1: It would not need this thing, right right, Like it's crazy. Yeah, it's so weird. And I do think genuinely it's because there's not like homec in high schools anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't even have homech in high school. I barely did. Yeah, it was phased out by the other Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because it's because it's women's work and and and truly it was like I was like, oh, this is the only class that taught me something useful in high school.
Speaker 2: Like you need to get in that wood shop man around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be making a lot of fucking benches in my life.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be biting the end off a chicken bake and fucking tossing in a glizz. All right, let's take a break and take an an acid tablet just from thinking about that, and we'll be right back after this. And we're back the things we talk about between segments. It's truly it could be its own podcast. But here we are talking about the news and Marjorie Taylor Green. So, look, she famously blamed wildfires un quote Jewish space lasers and many people are like, these are the kinds of anti Semitic, like racist freaks that were electing into Congress, and you know, but doesn't really like to talk about it now that she's in office, even though it's like one of the things a lot of people are like, that's that's the kind of stuff that Marjorie Taylor Green talks about. I don't know if you saw that clip from earlier this year where in like a reporter from the UK asked her about it and it did not go well.
Speaker 1: Did you guys catch this here?
Speaker 2: I'll allow me to refresh your memory.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: So this reporter asked about the you know, the kinds of people that are attracted to the Republican Party and the conspiracy theories that abound on the right.
Speaker 3: That support Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Love conspiracy theories, including yourself.
Speaker 2: He seems to attract lots of conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell you you're a conspiracy theorist. And the left and the media spreads more conspiracy theories. We like the truth, We like supporting our constitution, our freedoms in America.
Speaker 3: First, what about Jewish space lazers? Tell us about Jewish.
Speaker 5: Why don't why don't you go talk about Jewish space lasers?
Speaker 3: And really, why don't you fuck off? How about that?
Speaker 6: And I whoa, that's what we call got him?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, easy, I love how just just the it's that dry delivery.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell us about Jewish space lasers? You know, you know, you know what?
Speaker 2: Well, why don't I love?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 2: Again? Why don't you?
Speaker 1: And then it just had to turn into why don't you fuck off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You couldn't get it out of her mouth? Why don't you think? Fuck you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, like when you get like owned in like some in like a roast battle or something in middle school where like your it fries your circuits and you actually have no more comebacks and you have to go why don't you fuck fuck off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Weird? The whole thing was just like, why don't you well, why don't you your conspiracy series?
Speaker 3: Oh no, man, okay, child, she's a child, and it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's what sucks the most, because what do you say to someone when they're like, actually, you're doing conspiracy theories?
Speaker 1: What you what?
Speaker 3: You respond with no, you you are no, And then it's just endless.
Speaker 1: Actually it's you.
Speaker 2: No, I would pause it that you have the record of conspiracy theory. Actually don't. You're the fucking conspiracy theorist. Oh okay, then okay, then we'll just go back and forth here. But then she went on social media and Marjorie Taylor Green and claimed she would like an amendment to the Israel Ukraine Aid Bill that would allow the US to use Israel's for whatever reason, uh, space lasers on migrants at the fucking border. She said, I've previously voted to fund space lasers for Israel's defense, and it's like, there's again, there's no such fucking thing. You're probably trolling at this point. American needs to take our national security seriously and deserves the same type of defense for our border that Israel has and proudly uses. And what are we talking about like some shit from that like the movie The Creator where like you just want a fucking beam to come down from the heavens and just like vaporize everything. And it's I don't know if she's conflating The Creator with actual technology either way, it's just very weird, Like if she's trolling, you're using this like dumb anti Semitic conspiracy theory to then fold that into a bill where you're talking about Israel, like an aid package to Israel, and you're like, this is like the weird most fucking American joke or non joke take I've ever heard. So yeah, that's that's where we're at with this one.
Speaker 3: She's so unhinged. Yeah, he's so fucking unhinged. Like I it is like when you're talking to like a crazy person, you can't ask them too many questions, like because like we're not I'm going to get to the root of this, but I want to like dive into her brain and be like, but where where she who created this?
Speaker 1: Did you eat it? Right?
Speaker 2: It's like that thing I bet people like how comedians will go like full right wing when they're like, nah, I think my material do will do but like I think I get more attention if I do this. Yeah, she seems to just she does that but with like even less, like with zero talent, and it's just purely like a zombie set to like attention and just does whatever it takes, like literally whatever it takes.
Speaker 1: I think there's at some point in like two thousand and I guess like sixteen seventeen somewhere in there, it feels like she maybe just got like the Memento disease, and it's just like she has like a set of like like not principles, but like ways to react, but doesn't really know what the facts are going to be, so she just like does the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah like John g killed your wife, like she has to get her tattoos every.
Speaker 1: Morning, embarrassing or was it cool Israel? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I'm doing some just free form word association here, and I think that's what happened. But yeah, I mean again, just shows like how further and further we get to be having like a serious government, and that could like how do we expect sucking anything when, like you know, I would argue three quarters of Congress and that's being generous is filled with people who are not really thinking about like lived outcomes for people. It's more like, how do I keep the ride going of being able to put congress person in front of my name?
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you give white people the right to vote. I'm sorry, avoided.
Speaker 3: We've had it for too long. It would be I think it would be good if we just took a pause, yeah right, yeah, yeah, yeah, we need a pause just for.
Speaker 1: Like the the exact amount of time that other people. I should just be the right to vote for as long as you've had it, you don't have it, and vice versa, right right, right, okay, yeah, just to see, please see what happens. It couldn't be worse.
Speaker 2: No, honestly couldn't at this point. Like if we somehow were like, yeah, man, well we voted you know, Oprah president somehow, that's that's how that vote went. You're like, yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't think things will get better. They won't get worse, but I think we I think the capitalists could trust a president Oprah though, too, so I think I think things would Oh yeah, pretty well.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, this is it. This it's so interesting watching this also type of right wing anti Semitism, because because she's also voting to send twenty six billion billion dollars Israel, So like, what what is happening here?
Speaker 2: I know that's why it's such a head fuck. Like just when you look at all the layers of it, you're like, you're putting this language in a bill that's proposed aid to Israel and Ukraine. But then being like, but you know there's space laser technology they got.
Speaker 3: You're like, what what they that's like the evangelical like Christian I don't really know her church life.
Speaker 1: I think you could make a pretty good guy, you know.
Speaker 2: They still haven't got the lead side of their.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they need Israel to exist, right, Like they have to have it to exist, and.
Speaker 2: They need the Holy War to start the end of the world Jesus.
Speaker 3: Right right, yeah, I mean yeah, I grew a Baptists in the South, like the most anti Semitic people like not my family where a group, but sure are those people that are like, but we have to protect Israel. And I'm like, what, right, what is going on? Because when it all brings up, Jesus can come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's the part that right, it seems like a contradiction, but it's just not yeah, because it's rather up in some other weird ass magical thinking. It's like, and then what will be cheaper when Christ returns?
Speaker 2: What are we saying here? But like, buddy he comes back?
Speaker 3: Where where is he going? Is he's staying for long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where does he live? This story? Is he just gonna is Jesus gonna be like, hey, man, can I crash somewhere? And they're like, oh yeah, please please es crashing my place, crashing my place. You're gonna love it. You're gonna love it. I got pictures of you everywhere I didn't. Kind of awkward, awkward.
Speaker 1: A little awkward concerning the fact you don't look like this sort of Anglo angliciened.
Speaker 2: Version that I thought you were.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're Jesus because your hair is kind of curly? Yeah, that's the real thing, real, real Jesus, real Jesus showing up is probably in a detention cell in a in a like a Texas type situation.
Speaker 2: And broaden now too, like Jesus Jesus was a community organizer too, you know what I mean? Like, who'd you work for? Obama?
Speaker 1: Like? Sure? Whatever?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's move on to New York City. So going through a lot right now, between the Trump legal circus and having Mayor Eric Adams just the city could use just some some good news, you know, just a win right now. And sadly this story is not a that at all. But yeah, yeah, apparently the city is in the midst of record breaking infections for the life threatening bacterial infection known as leptosporosis. This is something can cause a wide range of symptoms, including non specific ones like fever, headache, chills, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, but if it goes untreated, can be severe and life threatening kidney failure, liver damage, jaundice, hemorrhage, bloody eyes, respiratory distress. And you're probably asking yourself, how does one become sick with this bacteria? Well, the main culprit for transmission is rat piss. Once rats are infected, they shed it through their urine and it jumps to humans through direct contact with open wounds and mucus membranes. You can already tell this is this This story is not going to be happy, and it's probably going to shed a larger light on issues we have societally. But just to give you perspective, between twenty one and twenty twenty, the city averaged about three cases per year. But the pandemic led to a rat rat boom. Is that a thing you'd say, a rat boom? Yeah, a rat boom. People will be saying that, Yeah, yeah, it was a rat boom. And the population just exploded, and by last year the city had twenty four cases in a single year. They went from three eight, like so eight it ate xd pretty quickly. Yeah, And a lot of headlines are like, hah, rat piss. But the reasons that the cases are going up are connected with dire living and working conditions and climate change. Obviously, because someone who is living in a you know, their brownstone, brownstone that they've owned, probably isn't interacting with like rat urine or things that have been you know, inner like contaminated with it. Because like in those instances living or working environment with like that means it's in the soil or maybe materials that are frequently contaminated it with with rat urine, like trash bags or food waste bins. And also the other thing is that like the bacteria itself is very fragile, so experts are like, usually they die in extreme heat or cold, so that only leaves like a very specific window for infections to go up. But because of the warmer and wetter temperatures due to fucking climate change.
Speaker 3: Yeah sorry, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing.
Speaker 2: So man, it's actually pretty cold for la right now. So oh so i'd argue, cool, where's your global warming?
Speaker 1: Now? Well I guess okay, so I like that we got new words for for summer now, okay, cool, Well, yeah, it's global warming. I don't even know which side we're any.
Speaker 2: It's more it's more fun to be unseerious and anti scientific, and also because it allows you to deny the Dyer situation, I think is why it's more fun to be like this happen. But yeah, so it's it's just extended the window. And now they are really trying, like Eric Adams was like trying to do a war with the rats and saying like they could maybe potentially sterilize the rats with like heavily salted pellets that they eat. All of them are not you know, maybe house security, maybe house carrying.
Speaker 1: A teeny tidy chicken bake with a hot dog it had for every rat in New York City.
Speaker 3: If so, I'm on board, Adams contact me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, Katie, Katie, something has rat makeup on. She's like, yeah, man, I'm out here having too many. Give me that pellet please, Like they're not actually chicken bakes.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I thought New York had like a ratsar.
Speaker 2: They did have a rats are. I know, hey, Katie, why why? Why is the rats are on trial right now?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm sure that's exactly this story should also be, like what about the fucking rats? Are y'all hired someone to be the NYC rats are and we're still talking about this.
Speaker 3: That's it's And also summertime sandals. So many people are gonna get rat piss yeah on their feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, luckily, and yeah, don't have you know again, well, the other thing is too it mostly it's the ninety eight percent of the infections have occard with men. So I don't know, I do with that information what you will, But I have a feeling again it's like it's it's it's people in dire situations. I don't think you're not gonna get it to your feet, even though Times Square feels like it might have a lot of rat pe everywhere. It's you're you're probably fine the last time. If you look up what's been going on with the rats are? The last headline I saw the rats Are says, stop feeding the pigeons. If you want the rats gone.
Speaker 3: With the pigeons, that's not your job.
Speaker 2: The rats are. I feel like, I think, are we kicking the rat can down the road here? Rats are by saying like, first of all, like I can't do my job if everyone's feeding the fucking pigeons. It's an impossible task.
Speaker 1: And the way Eric Adams runs New York, he might as well make them. These various people dress up as their jobs. So he's someone in a rat costume yelling at someone in a pigeon costume. Right, it might as well. It would not be less effective. Yeah, the current government.
Speaker 2: Dude, you know what else they've been doing, according to the ratsar Kathleen Karate has also said they've been pumping carbon monoxide into the rat burrows, so they're just it's all our chemical warfare the rat burrows into the rat burrows, as they call it.
Speaker 3: It's like the Queens of Rats like, yeah, we then rats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my gosh, so anyway, that's that's where we are with the rap problem. Let's stick around New York by really talking about the New York Times. Do y'all play Wordle? The game Wordle familiar? I think we're all familiar right with the game world, Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: I used to play every day. And then as soon as I use the same word every day, and as soon as that got like the number one, oh, I can't return, I was like, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I have I did too much to say about Wordles. Well, okay, let me set this up. Let me set the table, and I will allow you to say more than enough. So it's huge, and I think again we've either played it ourselves or we know someone who plays religiously. But now the New York Times puzzle game and a few of the other games too, have mental health professionals a little concerned because they're hearing more and more people be like I can't focus on anything but Wordle or doing these other games, or I'm spending an inordinate amount of time playing the game. They're just saying like they're doing stuff like I can't do my job, or others like I'm I've canceled plans with like close friends, so I could just kind of whordle out. I think these are probably more severe cases, but enough therapists have heard enough that the Daily Beasts is like, let's just survey some therapists really quick and hear how many people are hearing this, and apparently it was more than just a few. One of the therapists said, some of our patients have expressed anxiety about the puzzles because they cannot finish them or don't have enough time to do them every day, or others have said. One therapists said seen anxiety and patients who fear being asked about their scores by their peers or comparing their own scores with those posted on social media. Quote this is one from doctor Laurence Sweitzer, a psychologist, said people are thus looking for external validation or something from other people, rather than looking for something within themselves.
Speaker 1: Perhaps yes, very zen.
Speaker 2: On the flip side, it's self judgment when we feel like we sucked at something people are doing. I weird, I'm myself. I'll just say my piece. I'm I'm so competitive that if I'm bad at something, I say, man, fuck this game, and I stopped playing.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah.
Speaker 2: So I never got hooked on wordle because the first couple of times I was asked that, I'm like man to say, and I went on with my life.
Speaker 1: Get wordle is a guessing game for idiots. It is not a real game. It is there's some skill, really, Yeah. The thing is it's like people are like, I go to it in two It's like, then you guessed it. It's fine, but you didn't anagram it. You didn't do like a high level like letter frequency analysis after your first gast. You just got lucky, which is like fine, but like it's not really losable unless you're incredibly unlucky or like really not good at games. Right, But I would just throw out because there's lots of like you know, like dopamine hit phone games for bosos that are out there. I would just posit that wordle hits a particular group because it's people who think they are smart and but also probably are more likely to have like the means or live in like the culture to like have a mental health professional for instance. Right, and this is not materially different than candy crush or like fucking whatever. It's a guessing game for bozo's. It's a little finger tappy thing that you get rewarded. It's like it's like blackjack or a slot machine, and it is as addictive as those things. But we only hear about wordle because they are New York Times readers, but missed of the New York Times readers. They're on their couch. Oh doctor, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to have dinner at Chipriani's. Yeah, but I couldn't because I was playing wordle and I was too humiliated from not getting the wordle.
Speaker 1: But I will say in the early days of world I was like, this is idiotic. What's the actual pack of words? So it's not about like basically I came up with the maximum. This the the game that I found fun was trying to think of four words that covered as many letters as possible without you know, duplication or anything like that. So perpetually my first four ward old moves. And this is for me, me more than everyone, and you can find others. But it was was proud of coming up with darts, chink, globe, and jumpy and that only leads q w f z x V unused, and so after that it is trivial to get out. Truly, that is only for you. Yeah, they were like, hey, Katie, what words the use?
Speaker 2: All right? Jumpy stop Actually New York.
Speaker 1: When New York Times bought it, they stopped letting it used chink and then so I think they may have put it back. But that's what I got. I want to tuck these people.
Speaker 2: I can say, don't take away my innate advantage here, but you don't need.
Speaker 3: The left to babysit you and you.
Speaker 1: But no, it's it's like this, especially when you have the U placed. It's like the essentially knocks the queue off the listen. I like word games, and this is like for idiots.
Speaker 2: Well, I think because you probably arrived there by being like, it's not like it's just about the brute force of trying to eliminate letters rather than like inherently because there's no clue, right, Like, it's just yeah, yeah, the first word in and then you have to narrate it down from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think if you were a very high level like computer, you could probably do some sort of like fucking frequency analysis or whatever. But that's not what people who are quote good at word alor right, Well.
Speaker 3: So they have like a thing to analyze your words after now, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like the the word bot like and you just click kind of it shows like, okay, you got it in four, most people got it in three. This is the most commonly used start word like right, it goes.
Speaker 1: I think that data is biased though, because I think a lot of people that don't give up at or go past four, who would if they played the whole game end up at five or not getting it just close the thing right. I don't think most people get it at three because it's not like you can't. I mean not that you can't, but it's not like worth you're just guessing. Yeah, Like, yeah, Katie, did it ruin your life? What was your journey with the world with Wordle?
Speaker 3: There was a time where it was like sharing scores back and forth, like my sister and I very competitive, and then I just kind of stopped doing Wordle. And then I had a resurgence because a friend of mine started sending me his score. So we like didn't really even communicate outside of that. We were our texchain was just like Wordle scores. And then I got it in one and was like okay, I've done what I can do. But now every morning my girlfriend and I get up, we drink coffee and play Connections right, the Mini and the bit cross Road, and our day doesn't really start until those three things are done. Wowah, and Connections is can really kind of move your day back and.
Speaker 1: Forth if you like Connections. So Connections was stolen from a British game show called Only Connect. Oh it's much harder on the British game show.
Speaker 4: Well, without a doubt, without a yeah, it's like yeah I would and I probably shouldn't say this on this on broadcast media, but somehow almost every episode of Only connect is available on YouTube.
Speaker 1: So highly record that was that was our on the last show I worked on. Our our like Writer's Room Break, was watching an episode of Only connect because but I highly recommend it. It is it is like well watch it's just like the problem is because it's British and it is I think it's considered the hardest game show like around, so it's very difficult and it's further exacerbated like I almost think like with some study and work, I could do like an American version, And by that I mean I don't even like like baseball, but like so many of their things are like which cricketer da da da da. I was like, Okay, it's just not in my and then like a lot of like royal family succession stuff that. Again I'm not an expert in the presidents, but if they just kind of like tilted the flavor a little more towards America, I think I would do it, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: But like the fucking British one is, yeah, replace cricket with baseball. Yeah, I'm like kinda there.
Speaker 1: The Royal family with CEOs of American companies, yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, it needs to be like besos, it needs to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those are royal. Highly recommend. Connecting Wall will make you feel like watch a bunch of it's called the Connecting Wall the third round, and once you watch a couple of those, going back to connections will make you feel like, oh your places.
Speaker 3: For yeah, my god, I can't I can't wait. My coworkers and I used to send our connection scores and then I would notice a friend of mine she would just sit our entire lunch break and just stare at connections and like would refuse to get one wrong, to the point where I was just like giving her answers so choices wouldn't go away. It had to be perfect. I mean, I don't think it interrupted her life enough to, you know, talk to a therapist about it. I mean, god willing, the worst thing in my life to talk about with a therapist is word All. Like what a gift? Yeah, what an absolute gift. I hope to get there one day. But yeah, yeah, now I love them. I love those games. I gotta say, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The other day someone like showed me one of the newer ones and I was like, oh man, I could see how this could suck me in. But I think the second my whole thing is like I don't like being frustrated, so the second I am, I'm like, I don't give a fuck about the comparing my shit to somebody else's. I feel fucking inft right now. But the game, the games are well designed to know they are going like Wordle is not designed to be a good game. It's designed to be you want to play this tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well. And also because it's been a huge boon to the New York Times business because like once they once they bought it for like something like the low seven figures from like the engineer who put it out. They were like, we're seeing like adoption rates that are unprecedented, like in the tens of millions. So so everyone think about where your wordal money is going.
Speaker 2: Just you know, yeah, right exactly, Yeah, yep, to do copaganda and the like. Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a quick, quick, quick, quick.
Speaker 2: Break and we'll be right back to talk about jury duty and we're back. Just want to touch on the Trump jury duty selection process because that's been going on all this week and his hush money trial. We all know. Jury duty is the process of waiting to be called can suck. I you know, in the pre internet days, you used to have to just have to take a book with you and read it in the waiting. And I remember I would just bring screenplays with me because I was like, well, that's like a watching TV. Like I really that was like my thing was just like go get a screenplay and just read that, like like rent or rent one check one out from the library.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're the most la fucking kid. That's the most bullshit thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm reading. I'm reading the inglorious bastards fucking screenplay waiting to see if I can just weasel my way out of my civic duty to potentially help a person.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so weird. Tarantino just wrote the N word all the way down the Margins house. Damn, this dude really rote it. Whoa I thought they were just given the actors the free reigns. Oh no, maybe I don't one account anyway, but yeah, no, it is the most la shit because like, that's my dude TV. It's TV of the mind. Just read the script and you're good.
Speaker 2: You don't need video the lord. But anyway, little hack. You know, sometimes if you can get your your jury duty moved to Burbank, it can go a lot quicker and you'll find out much sooner rather than later. And you're right by an Ikea, So you can eat Swedish meatballs for lunch. Okay, delicious, that's my thank you. Look, I knew we were on the same page, culinarily speaking, when we are always lit talking about Costco food hacks. You gotta there's no way that ven diagram, there's no way that that overlap is a Swedish meatball. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, when jury selection got underway on Monday, uh, they came away with zero jurors and like part of that too is Trump being like I thought I had unlimited like knockout points, like where he could you know, say, I want to I want to strike this one. I want to strike this will be like, no, you only get a set amount, and he's like, well, you should get more, like someone playing a carnival game for the first time.
Speaker 1: But then why did they give him more?
Speaker 2: But why did it more? Yeah, give it more. That's his right. He's the president. He's I mean, the stakes are so much higher because he might be, you know, held accountable and maybe not based on the way we've seen these other legal cases go. But like over half of the potential jurors were quickly dismissed because they all admitted they're like, yeah, I don't know if I can be impartial, to be honest, Like, I just don't if I'm being really honest here, there's no I'm just gonna be like yep, yep, guilty. I don't need to hear shit, Like let's just go in, we'll go right back out. And it seems like almost no one could ever be impartial in this case unless you're Michael ian Black. I think he wrote something about it. He's like I don't like Trump, but I can definitely be impartial. I'm like, Okay, we've heard enough from it. Both the defense and the prosecution have copped to the fact that it's quote nearly impossible to find someone with quote no opinion of Trump. And then by Tuesday they picked seven people. But that wasn't going to last because this whole process involved getting all these details out where like reporters were putting this information out about like some of the people that had been impaneled. One juror had said he already served on a jury for a case between Donald Trump and MERV Griffin in the eighties.
Speaker 1: He was also familiar with the fuck is wrong with New York? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: And then he said and then the same person said he was also familiar with relatives of the Central Park five, but he was dismissed by the prosecutors because he said that he quote appreciated Trump's style of humor.
Speaker 1: What just a bro for a fellow bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, he keeps me laughing, He keeps laughing.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I served on that. I was like, and I also know parents of some of the Central Park five. You know, the wrongly accused teens. So that may have put a sour spot in you, but no, but also I kind of it didn't kind of fuck with his humor. That is, that might be the closest you could get to someone with no opinion on Trump.
Speaker 3: I mean, have somebody to be like, I separate the art from the artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was just like like fifty Timberlands in a trench coat, right, that's like, how do you get there? That's crazy? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lawyers are also working with like jury consultants who are like people who like quickly fucking come through social media posts to be like did they fucking like? What did they say? So it's just a so it puts people in this weird situation where like someone will go up and the jury consultants were like, Okay, here's their thing, and like they're gonna basically read out their tweets shitting on Trump, but with Donald Trump in the fucking room.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: One person apparently shared a lock them up post, Another posted a meme of Trump being decapitated. Another made post suggesting that the fictional superhero team the Avengers would defeat Trump, while also at the same time, this person expressed quote amorous thoughts from Mark Ruffalo that was all included. They was like, and you kind of are thirsty for Mark for the hull. Huh, Like you, what do we say back of the envelope? Do we imagine like billable hours is going into this? Oh my god, oh my god, of thousands per hour?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: More, couldn't. I feel like any of us could. I mean, I'm sure I think most of us know how to comb someone's social media posts for stuff. You know, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Could do it in a second. Yeah, I'd love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, yo, I find you anything well because I know I know ways they my word ship, you know what I mean. It might not always be Trump Baby. You need to search Orange, you need to sern mushroom. There's a lot of other TeamWorks god that you need to look up to get to the bottom of this. So yeah, the other thing is too. Obviously. There's concerns also that the jurors who do get selected could face harassment because Trump even himself was admonished by the court for intimidating candidates by you know, the judge was like, Yo, what the fuck? This is no, shut the fuck up, and and this is we actually need to keep this as anonymous possible, and one former federal prosecutor has expressed concerns over jurors, over the safety of jurors because quote, they're not supposed to be outed in this way, like by having all this information and the media is it's like they're going out of their fucking way to expose the selected jurors as much as humanly possible without actually giving their names. Like the Washington Post referenced the length of time that a juror worked at a small bookstore also named the bookstore before deleting the info. And then like on Fox News, Jesse Waters was going through every juror one by one, giving all this information except for a name, and suggesting Trump wouldn't be getting a fair trial because they were all like teachers and New York Times readers, and you know then when he said they're all people who like to dance, like the fuck is this footloose? And then Trump later was like, yeah, I get it, man, they're all undercover quote undercover liberal activists. But anyway, it's the other thing is too there was this other woman who's like she had to come back after she was selected. She's like, I actually need to. I need to. I need to resign from the position because there was so much information. My family was like this, you like, because they said, like where I worked, where I lived, what my job was. It was enough information for people who knew me to be like, oh this is this is homegirl. So right now they're in a fucking weird bind. And the judge that's presiding over the case quote immediately reprimanded the press for offering too much information about the jurors and told them to please stop talking about like these details because you're fucking up. You're putting them at risk, and you're also at this point, they're like, there's going to be a rat jury probably by the end of this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm going to suggest a ratchery.
Speaker 2: I think that would be I mean that would be a jury of his peers. Yeah, just get the get the all your worldle money is going into paying for this. Hey man, Look, improvisers, here, that's how you elegantly wrap up a nice old not a spoon river Harold. But look, pick whatever form you want, because we brought it all back here.
Speaker 1: Katie Kershaw, thank you so much for joining us on the daily side. It was great having you, where do people find you, follow you? And is there a work of social media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: You can follow me at This is Katie Kershaw and you can also check out the pod at jocular Pod on Instagram and TikTok. And the piece of social media I've enjoying is kind of a person. Her name's Carrie Levine and she's the Godmother of diamonds, and it's just you. Do you know her?
Speaker 1: I feel like I've heard this name. I need to see the face.
Speaker 3: I love her. I watch her the most soothing videos, just the most New York woman.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, with the hair, yes yes.
Speaker 3: I want uncut gems too, starring ye the Godmother of diet. Yeah yeah, phenomenal. Cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 1: Got the cigar and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, she's got the pictures. She's everyone's godmother.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many.
Speaker 1: It's so much.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because there's so many godmother of something on social media these days that I'm like the Godmother of travel. Oh, the godmother, yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh I'm familiar with that godmother.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so many. We have so many godmothers. Thank you, thank shout out to all the godmothers out there truly also are do you what are your favorite teams? When I forgot to ask you someone who talks about sports, do you have a favorite sport or do you have a favorite team?
Speaker 1: Like, what what's your o?
Speaker 3: My favorite sport is basketball. I would say my favorite team in college it's gonna be South Carolina because I love don Staley so much. I just love to watch her coaching. It's insane and professionally, I gotta say the Sparks and I'm hoping that this year we can really kind of rebuild. We've got some really great people coming into the Sparks. And then Angel City is my son.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe we'll win another game. Yeah, come on, maybe. Hey, we're struggling in l A right now, We're struggling. City has been a bummer. I did not realize.
Speaker 1: I hadn't been watching the televised games, and my seats are not close enough to really see the bench. I did not realize how like, how much of a British lady the Angel City head coaches. I don't remember her name, but I I love her. I was just like, oh, she looks like she just woke up in Abitha. I'm fucking I love this.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Let's yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got a fucking chab. We're getting free points in it. One day it worked out out there, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Where do people find you? Follow you, hear you?
Speaker 1: And what's the work of social media that you've been digging? Oh my god? Just and I guess, uh is this racist? I forgot it was social media? So instead whatever any the literal opposite of social media. I watched this movie last night that I think is like not easy to find, but they were showing at an Alamo, a Japanese movie from nineteen ninety five called Anatomia Extinction. It's only fifty five minutes long. It's the prequel to Tokyo Gore Police, and it was a d light. It was fucking crazy. Wow.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine what what some of these special effects were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real, real weird special effects, real like kind of like from nineties Japan medium budge right, yeah, just like bizarre.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, Well can people still catch that or was it like a I doubt it? Well, hey, try and catch the next one. That's why I got to be on your p's and q's Bruh, you can't. Let's see a work of social media. I don't have a work of social media that I've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Per se. Oh, I've been playing. I've been playing a video game.
Speaker 2: That's it's called Rise of the Rolling It's a it's another Samurai thing, and I'm it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun. That's all I can say.
Speaker 2: It's actually the it's funny. I was telling a friend of mine, it's the most Japanese designed game. Like I can tell the second I look at a menu, the way menu is laid out, I'm like, oh, this is a design in Japan, or like if it's way too detail oriented, I'm like, this is this is the right dose of Japanese game design that most American people would be.
Speaker 1: Like, how come sprint is it when you push down the left stick?
Speaker 2: Because that you know, there's a literacy to gaming in the West that we experience anyway, So I'm playing that. Give me your tips. I'm terrible at counter sparking. If you play the game, you know what that means. But let me know how how do I get the timing better. You can find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter, Instagram, and the Like. You can find Jack and I in our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties, and you can also find me on the ninety Day Fiance pot cast four to twenty Day Fiance and Let's See Oh. You can also find the show at Daily Zye Guist on Twitter at the Daily See based on Instagram. Got a Facebook fan page, website daily ze guast dot com where we post our episodes and our foot narts, what notes, thank You, where we post all the links to all of the articles that we talked about today, as well as a song we're going to ride out on. I'm feeling a little bit. I long to be back in Japan with my friends and family, so let's go out. I want to encourage people. This song is great, but the music video is fucking even better. And most of people, if you're like online a lot and you know about cool stuff online, you've probably seen this video. It's by a band called Sakka Action. It's spelled sa ka na ct i owen like sakana, which is the Japanese word for fish anyway, but Action put that together however you like, the title is going to be even harder for you to spell, so let me first say it and then I will spell it out. The title is westerday at us. It means I can't forget, it's unforgettable. And the way you spell that w as u r r A r n A and oh naasa nai no. I got end of the times by that, I know I'm a mentalist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sleep. Just put everybody down.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 2: The video is great because they really lean into like this like early nineties, late eighties sort of camera style with green screen and it's all one continuous shot and the bassis is so fucking good. Anyway, It's a great band, great video. Check it out, rewind it if you need me to spell it again because I can't spell it again without putting people to sleep. That's going to do it for us this week. We will be back on Monday to tell you what's trending over the weekend. Make sure you can check out the best of episode on Saturdays. You can get just a helping of all the best bits throughout the week if you don't have time to listen to all the episodes, and that'll do it. We will talk to you later.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,