Speaker 1: I've about here since two thy sixteen something else.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah, it's been a long road, buddy. You know, I really enjoy my time here and enjoy coaching these guys and the people in the building and everything like that. It's been awesome experience since i've been here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've asked you this before, but what's been the key to your longevity? Because most of the time you don't see a special teams coordinator had this kind of tenure in the league.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, you know, to be honest with you, I just try to keep my head down and do my job, man, and you know, try to stay in my lane and do the best job I can and try to develop people and things like that. And fortunately enough, you know, especially for my family, that I haven't had to move my kids around and and stuff like that. And it's it's been, like I said, it's been a pleasure to be here or this long especially, I've been a real lucky guy.
Speaker 1: So many changes in special teams from a personnel perspective each year, So the challenge for you guys is incredible throughout the National Football League, not just Tier a lot of abs and flows, but last year one of your higher points. I would say, when you go back and look at yourself in twenty twenty three, as far as the season is concerned, what sticks out?
Speaker 2: You know, there there were a lot of positives I thought, but there's certainly a lot of things that I felt like we didn't do a very good job on. And you know the importance of fundamentals and everything which we're practicing the entire offseason. You know, you try to, you know, to attack those with tempo and trying to get everything right that you did you didn't do a very good job the year before while trying to do the same the things that you did well. You're still brushing up on those all the time. But you know, the fundamental part of special teams and good special teams play as everybody working together, being on the same page, and you know, every body knowing their stuff. And while I thought, like I said, I think I think we've did some some good things, there's some things that we certainly could be better. And uh, you know the stress that you know, the standard of which we need to perform is is uh, you know, at a really high level and you know that's how we coach them and and uh, the guys have bought in, and then you know, we've got a really good group of guys here that work hard and uh, you know, they're doing a nice job. Seems like they're they're getting the techniques uh down pretty good, and especially with all the unknowns with the new kickoff rules and stuff like that. So it'll be interesting to see how we do it. And and just excited to get it going and and uh see how we do.
Speaker 1: I think Rick Oslin does the best year by year special teams rankings. He's been doing it for decades and he had you guys number three overall last year. Let's start with a kicking duel both those guys, Tomas Mori Stak greg'ser line after the spring as free agents, how big is it that they're staying here?
Speaker 2: It's uh, it was, it was huge. It was you know number one and number two needs for for me to try to get back. But you talk of that whole trio of specialists with Hennessy and and Morstead and and and Zerolene and and all just great great guys and uh you know, great pros and and you know you never have to tell those guys to to help lead your room. You never have to tell those guys to go work. You never have to tell those guys to uh, you know, to do all the things that it is to be a pro taking care of your body and and uh and you know they perform at an elite level when when it comes down to it. And so you know, anytime you have three really good specialists, you know it certainly you can you can piece in the parts from there, and you know that's and that's what we're trying to do. Those guys are are some of the best in the league, if not the best.
Speaker 1: As a player or a coach. Have you ever experienced a kicking season like that from.
Speaker 2: A duel last year? Yeah, I don't think so. I think that's the best duel we've had. We've had some really good performances and stuff like that, but that that group really came along and did a really really good job. And I expect the same this year.
Speaker 1: Can you speak to zerline thriving not just in regular in game situations, but late It seemed like when he was asked, when he's called upon late he needed a kick, he gave.
Speaker 2: It to you, right. I think you know that that goes to a testament of him and his longevity in the league. You know, same with Morris, that's same with Hennessy. They're all pros, and you know when you put them in those situations and whether it's a game winner, whether it's a game to tie the game, everything like that. Like you, I don't even worry whether he's not going to make it and things like that. So you know, I have the utmost confidence in all those guys and the way they perform. And they had a heck of a year last year, and I see nothing but them getting better.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, on a perfect day in my life, say it'd seventy two degrees early in season September, maybe it's Week four against the Broncos.
Speaker 3: What's his range?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Little wind, a little just just just a gus.
Speaker 2: And I was seeing him, uh two days ago. I think he was kicking sixty five yarders, you know, And and you may get longer than that depending on a little wind here and there, you know. So he's got plenty of ag, that's for sure. Yeah, he does a great job all that. The operation there between those three guys is fantastic.
Speaker 3: What about more Stead.
Speaker 1: We've talked before about his expertise in directional kicking, and we saw that again last year. I thought the game against the Giants, and I'd like to get your thoughts on this was one of the best Plinny games that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's he is uh, you know, like I said, all three of these guys are, but team always is A. He's a machine man and he and he just keeps going and going. And you know, a lot of guys will decline when they get older. It seems like these these three guys are are getting better. And uh, you know, I I appreciate the heck out of those guys. They actually came snowmobiling with me after the season and stuff in Utah, so we had a good time and and uh, you know, I kind of did it as a trip to thank him and stuff, you know, because they did such a good job. But morestead is A is a ultimate pro. He takes the leadership in our room. You know, the way he handles his punts directionally. Uh, he's a pleasure to beat around all the time. You know, you cannot say good enough stuff about him, and you know, all three of them, but you know, he's done a heck of a job. Since he's been here.
Speaker 3: So what was that time like in Utah?
Speaker 2: It was fun. Yeah. Yeah. We we rented a big house in in uh in Park City and took him snowmobilling a couple of them for the first time, and they had a blast.
Speaker 3: They had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Good yeah, good.
Speaker 3: Who's the best rider?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'd say more Stead was a little more daring than the other two then Hannah Nnessey. Uh, you know, he he would get after a little bit zerline, you know, after the first day he got used to it, and and uh, they were riding really well actually in the second day and and stuff. So we had fun.
Speaker 3: It was about storyteller of the bunch.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a tough one. Probably their line. He's got that dry sense of humor. Man, he's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kind of See you've mentioned him often, even when I asked his specifically about ze or more Stead. You make sure that he's not forgetting forgotten here. I mean it's like from a pitcher's perspective, the guy's just throwing perfect games after perfect games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he since I've been here, you know, I don't know if I've ever had I've seriously and I can honestly say this, I don't know if I've got on him five five times. And because he does stuff right, he studies his stuff, he knows his stuff every week. He's consistent as there is, you know, as any snapper in the league, throws as good as ball as anybody in the league. And he's a huge part. That's why I mentioned him all the time of what those guys did last year specifically, and even when Morstead was here the first time and things like that. He's been a consistent here since I've been here, and and uh, you know, it's a it's a great thing to have those those three kind of great guys that that perform like that and and are such pros. I can't can't think of him enough, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: What's the landscape look for you now on the outside without Justin Hardy, who flourished here. He really took his game to the next level. You guys knew he was a good player in New Orleans. I thought he got even better in the Accolades camp.
Speaker 2: You know, certainly a guy like that is going to be missed, you know, but uh, you know, we have some very capable guys and uh, you know, there's a an army of people in camp right now that that uh, you know, you work and and some guys look really good. Some guys are really picking it up and and uh it all comes down to what happens in the preseason and and then you pick the best too and and roll with those gunners and and uh, you know, hopefully having Timo hit the edges, which is really good and and uh try to limit limit returns and and create filp is a you know. So you know, it's a good group of guys, uh that work hard and everything, and we'll see how it shakes out in the end.
Speaker 1: What's Irv's potential there? Because he made this roster primarily for his ability what he could do on teams. He's going to continue to develop as a receiver right now, he's working off to the side during.
Speaker 2: I think I think Irv's potential is is as high as anybody in the league as a special teams player. Well, I really truly believe that, you know, it was with some some detail work and stuff like that. Uh, the way he plays, how big, long and fast that kid is, and he's and he's really good in all phases. You know, a lot of guys are are are specialists so to speak, that are really good on punt and maybe kick off, but they're not so good in blocking phases and things like that. Irv's got the ability to do all four all four phases and and be a standout in all four phases and and so he's heavily relied on. And I think he can be as good special teams players as anybody in this league, I really do. Potential wise, do you.
Speaker 3: Talk to him about the opportunity that's a hand.
Speaker 2: Or he absolutely absolutely, I talk to him all the time. Yeah. I think he gets tired of me, you know, getting after him and stuff like that, But I think he obviously knows that that, you know, I'm trying to get the best out of him. And as a worker. He's an awesome kid. You can't say enough good things about the kid.
Speaker 3: Big body dude, and he runnie.
Speaker 2: He's strong as hell too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about Brandon Eckles. He's a guy who's been playing opposite Hardy for years now. I gotta imagine your expectation is maybe more of a leadership component.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually he's uh, I was going to say that he's you know, Eccles has been really good since he's been here, and he and he's done a really good job for us. And every time he gets out there, he is consistent, you know exactly what you're going to get, which which I really like. And uh, he's taken a more of a leadership approach this offseason with the young guys, and I really like that. And he's been a big part of what we're doing here since he's been here. For sure, I.
Speaker 1: Think I'm going to save the best for last, and that's a new kickoff return rules. We're going through personnel right now. Xavier Gibson to the house the dramatics in Week one last year. But what did you make of him as a rookie in both return phases. I was looking at his punt return stats, a lot of fair catches, but the counter on that is, well, he's catching the ball, and the other thing is when he did return it, his average was very good.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah. I think I think you saw flashes of what he can be. And I think x can be a really really top ten kind of a good returner in this league. And I think he's proven that last year. You know, there's some stuff that you need to clean up with catching catching balls and not fair catching in some situations and stuff like that. All that happens because they're they're rookies. They're not used to being in those situations. I think you saw a big improvement of him getting vertical more instead of going sideways late in the year, you know, especially specifically excuse me in in uh the New England game and all that wind and he's going up there and catching it in the snow and and uh, you know, saving us a ton of field position, and the progression of of of him, you know, throughout the season I thought was really good, and especially his offensive role went way up. And I think that's where you know, I mean, he was playing a lot of offensive ball and and uh so I think that you know at times that he probably got a little worn down, to be honest with you, but he's he's an explosive playmaker, does a really good job. And uh, you know, I expect nothing to see, but you know, steps as he keeps getting better and better.
Speaker 3: You see a more confident cat out there on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The way you see how he how he prepares, how he how he's working at practice. Everything's full speed, things like that, and that's all the stuff that we had worked on last year that he's now he's taken the next step of being a pro and practicing like a pro, and and uh, you know, he's taking a leadership role with all those returners back there, and and uh, you know, I tell him what he what we need and and you know he filters it through the room and stuff like that. So he's he's doing a great job. I expect really big things out of him this year.
Speaker 1: It was a cool moment the other day at practice when Aaron rolls to his right, looks down the field, down this sideline comes all the way.
Speaker 3: Back across the field. It's X for a fifty nine yard score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's Uh, he's he's a Aaron's a heck of a guy, you know, you know, on a heck of a player, obviously, and he's been been so productive for so long. And and you know what I like about it. You know, I played with Dan Marino my rookiear. It reminds me so much as standing there back there watching him and how fast he gets rid of the ball and how easy it comes out of his hands, and the leadership that he has and and uh, it's been. It's it'll be really good for this football team, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Can you speak to those similarities, just touch upon it a little bit. But when you look at Aaron practice and then you go back, yeah and watch those moments in Miami.
Speaker 2: Marine, it's just the way how fast he gets rid of the ball and how easy you know he he does that stuff and the no look passes and you know, obviously he's one of the best to ever do it. And but there are some similarities there that I that I see, you know, and the leadership component to it, where he's he's helping coach all those guys and if he sees something, he knows what the line's doing and and uh, you know what the backs are doing and he and he tries to correct him right away and and uh, you know, helping those guys get better and that that does nothing but lead to team success in my opinion. And and and Danny did that too down there.
Speaker 3: Have you talked to him about Marina, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you liked those conversations because he's a guy who's he's definitely a history by right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's been really good to get to know here, and like I said, I think the biggest component is the leadership aspect of it, and let alone the supreme talent that that guy has. You know, it's going to help this team a bunch.
Speaker 1: All right, drum roll, what is that NFL's new kickoff roll? If you're at a dinner party somewhere in summer, maybe you're on the lake, you're fishing in Utah, somebody says, what's what's going on?
Speaker 3: What is his new kickoff role?
Speaker 2: I think it's uh, you know, they're trying to they're trying to constrict the space and the speed of the game and to limit injuries and uh. But I think what you're going to see this year is is it's almost an unknown because it's never been done here, you know, in the league before. And it's different than the XFL because we have more space. They pushed us back five yards even more than the XFL. So as much you know tape that we have studied in the last four months. When this this came about, it's it's a kind of a wait and see on what what you can get to what you can't. You know, we're experimenting every day that we do it. You know, the different kicks and and different strategies and and things like that, and different techniques. It's it's it's so much different for cover guys. They're going to be on top of you fast. You're not going to have as much space to beat them. It's going to be really interesting to see how it goes, how the rules may change in the preseason depending on on how people are approaching this rule. And so it's you don't know what you can do because you can't line up eleven against eleven and go full fill covers every five minutes down or every couple of minutes here, you know, And so you really don't know until the preseason, true preseason, where you can what returns, you can do everything like that, and where you can get your doubles from your traps, whatever you may be working on for the week. You know, where are those guys need to single all that stuff. Nobody knows until because nobody can go out there and practice full speed the way it needs to be practiced and do that because the players just you know, you can't do that in the offseason like you used to so much, you know what I'm saying. So it's it's a lot of unknown, but I'm excited for it because it makes the players. I think it's really exciting for the players because the players are now special teams. Guys are valuable guys. They're gonna have to cover, you know. I bet you eighty percent of the kicks this year.
Speaker 1: So specifically, you're still kicking off from the thirty five. Your coverage unit now is on the plus forty. On the plus forty, yeah, and they can't.
Speaker 2: Move until the ball hits the ground or it's touched right, and so nor can the kick return team that's on the thirty five. They're only five yards away, you know. And then you have two more in the back end wherever you want to put them, and then two returners. You're going to have to have two returners as opposed to one all the time this year because of the balls these kickers will be able to hit.
Speaker 3: How does that change? And I don't I'm not asking you.
Speaker 1: To give away all your secrets here because some of this is experimentation, like you just talked about. But how does it change the role of a returner? You still want to take it to the house. But are you looking for as far as that skill set? Are you looking for a different player? Than maybe you did in the past.
Speaker 2: That's that's a really good question. I think that again, that's kind of a wait and see deal. I don't I think a good returner is going to flourish no matter what. And uh, and we we have got it. Gets our jobs as as coaches and as players and specifically the blockers and everything to to make the most of their talent and make make them right. Whatever their skill set is, it's our job to figure it out and to and to take advantage of it. I don't think you're going to see a monster difference of little scat kind of guys back there or big dudes that just putting their foot in their ground and get vertical. You know. I think that your scheme is your scheme when you come up with it and you tailor it to what the returner can do the best, and you try to do all the things that we've always tried to do since we've been here, and take advantage of their talents and try to feature those guys. But you know, I mean that returner, whoever that starting dual returner is, you know Gibson, you know, for an example, he's going to get probably eighty plus punt returns, and he's probably going to get guaranteed probably forty to fifty kick returns if he's the dual guy. So there's not one other player on this roster other than Aaron Rodgers or probably Breis Hall that are going to touch the ball that many times in a season, one hundred and thirty times in a season. And so I think it's paramount to have those kind of guys.
Speaker 3: And so you need a couple of guys.
Speaker 2: You have to have two guys and and uh, you know wherever they may shake out from, you know. And and we've got a bunch of good, good returners in here and and trying to get those guys going, and and you know, the Joe and his staff has done a nice job of bringing some guys in and and things like that. So it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. But it really will.
Speaker 1: Jets fans have asked after the rule came out, bris saw man, he's a beast.
Speaker 3: It's up for four guy.
Speaker 1: Two hundred plus pounds knocking people over whatever. He doesn't need a lot of space. Take Briese's name out of it. Do you think there's gonna be more teams app to use running backs in that spot.
Speaker 2: Here in absolutely I think that you know, with their vision, their run skilled, they're used to run on those kind of tracks things like that. But you also have to be a decision maker and everything back there and and make good decisions. And the and the balls that you're going to see this year, I think are way different than it's ever been. I think you're going to see a ton of balls trying, a bunch of liners that are getting on the ground and stuff like that. Like obviously Breeze is an elite, elite talent. Would love to use him, but unfortunately I can't. But you know, those kind of guys would be unbelievable. He'd be an unbelievable kick returner. You know, if you're ever able to use him.
Speaker 3: Well, you never know.
Speaker 1: Back in the day Antonio Cramarti and that big playoff game obviously a different era against the Indianapolis Colts, but when the Jets need a big return to.
Speaker 3: Throw a crow back there and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, cornerback three con what have you appreciated about his game from the time he entered the National Football League even back go back to when he came out, because I think you were a fan of him in college.
Speaker 2: I was a big fan. I think he's you know, I went down and worked him out. I believe it's North Carolina A and T or something like that, right, And uh, and I went and worked him out, and and I remember saying something to him like, dude, do you ever smile? You know, in the middle of the workout. I worked his butt off, you know, in the workout. And and uh, what I really liked about him and I appreciated was he was all business man. I mean he didn't smile one time. Yes, sir, did everything I asked him to do. And and uh, you know, I see a guy that you know specifically, uh you know, coming out of college that had unbelievable run, skill, vision talent, uh quickness, short area burst, long burst. I mean he was he was a complete returner and player. And and uh, I really like I did like him coming out and and uh, you know, he's doing a really good job since he's been here, and and uh, he don't say much and he just shows up, straps it on and goes to work and and uh, you really like guys like that.
Speaker 1: Alice, is he embracing this journey because he's went through a lot, yeah, late as injuries, a concern of really you know, his career is went on a detour. Yeah, and now he's trying to reignite it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's had some tough luck with injuries and stuff like that. And and uh, you know, I think you're you're starting to seem get healthy and get get the you know, get his stinger back, so to speak. You know, And Uh, I think he's Uh, he's a guy with that's going to be in that mix of returners for us, and and uh, we'll see how it shakes out in the end, but I'm excited to see what he can do in the preseason, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Who else is in that mix right now?
Speaker 2: You mentioned that Davis and all those guys validate. I mean, we've got an army of guys back there.
Speaker 1: So I wanted I wanted to ask you about the young running backs because you just transition there, Isaiah Braylan. When you watch them college tape, do you see them on teams because they got the ball so much at Wisconsin, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't see much of it. So a lot of it's are projection, right, So you know, when you try to evaluate these guys, like just specifically for special teams. You know, if they're not playing much special teams, I want to see if they can block. Are they willing to stick their face in there?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And then when you see them run the ball, what's their vision? Like, what's their run skill? Like? You know, can they set up returns? You know, stuff like that, because the returner is the best blocker that that you have, and and the way he sets up returns and and things like that, and how we show him around here. You know, I think that Uh, those young kids specifically, you know, you watch watch Davis, and you watch Allen and and they've been awesome since they've been here. This is a really good group of guys throughout the whole dealing, and especially the rookies have come in this year and they've done a really good job, almost as good as any rookie class that I've seen. You know, it's not perfect all the time, but but uh, specifically, this rookie class has come in, learned really well and and and bought in. You know, people aren't walking in late and stuff like that. Like years of past that sometimes that you had to get after people and stuff like that. This this class has not. For yeah, it's uh. They they've done a great job since I've been here. And and like I said, they've picked up stuff really really well. And uh so now instead of leaving it with one position, I'm starting to move him around and stuff like that, because once they get one position down, I'm changing them sides. I'm moving them to the other side in case, you know, you have injuries in a game and stuff like that where you're not gonna have to move three people around for one guy if somebody goes down. And so you try to develop you know, scheme flex with those guys, and and they've handled it pretty good. And you know, like I said, is it always perfect, No, But uh, this this group specifically has been has been pretty dang good.
Speaker 3: Speaking of scheme flex, how about Corley.
Speaker 2: Cory's Corley has done a nice job since he's been here. You know, he's got he's got some stuff to fix. But just like anybody, we all do, coaches players, everybody. But he's certainly a talented kid, and he's a physical guy when he gets the ball in his hands, and and uh, you know, uh, we'll see how that shakes out in the end.
Speaker 3: The young DBS, Stiggers and key. How have they adapted so far?
Speaker 2: Uh? Really well, I think they've done a really nice job, you know. I think that you'll be able to use those guys uh pretty much anywhere, you know. And there's some free agents too that are that are really coming along doing a nice job and and uh, whether that's corner, safety, linebacker, there's some receivers that can really run and and stuff like that. So it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. And then when when we get the roster finalized and everything, you see who you got and uh, let them hunt, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts always heading into a training camp as far as what you just spoke about is that there might be a guy who's very good at teams, but maybe the need is there more at the position group, an ultimately guy doesn't make the roster.
Speaker 3: So, like, can you.
Speaker 1: Talk about what goes through your mind in roster construction because it's got to be difficult every year for every position coach, but for you specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I mean life of a special teams coach is basically you're putting a puzzle together all the time. Yeah, and because you never know who you're going to end up with with, you know, especially specifically like the you know, a few spots here and there. I think you have a pretty good idea. But you know, but that's really what I appreciate about the job. And it's and it's a big challenge to find out what can this kid excel and what can he do and what can he not do? And where do I put those guys and how do I piece this puzzle together? And uh, you know the progression of coaching and playing and stuff like that, and how those guys fit into specific environments, how to what like I said, taking advantage of their skill sets and where do you put them and within your scheme? And I think that's you know, it's tough sometimes to to have some guys that you really like and you don't get them and stuff like that. That happens every year and that's part of the business and and I'm on good with it, you know, but it is it is challenging at times. But like I said, that's part of what makes it really cool because because you have a special teams coordinator, you talk to the whole team and and uh, you have a relationship with all these guys and and you you you know, Smash and everybody who helps on teams and even the position coaches and Sola and everybody, they stress the importance of it. And and I think that's made a big difference here. And so you know, they stress the importance of special teams and field position and they try to help me as much as they can. And and uh, I think that's you know, when you get when you get help like that from your your coaches and things like that, it just you know, goes down to the players and then it's a matter of finding out what they do well and taking advantage of their skill sets.
Speaker 1: I know for years a lot of guys in the league were worried that they're going to take kickoffs out of the National Football League, out of the game.
Speaker 3: They were phasing it out.
Speaker 1: So once you heard the league proposal goes through in Florida at the league meetings, how energized were you.
Speaker 2: I think it's uh, you know, you're going to go from I think it was twenty two percent return kickoffs last year in the league. I think you're going to go to seventy five eighty percent returns this year. Well, and so it's going to be a big different. Like I said, it's gonna it's gonna look different. There's gonna be a lot of balls rolling on the ground just because of how they're going to try to attack everybody. You know. Uh, it's going to look totally different to the average fan, just like it does to anybody in the league right now. And uh, it's going to be interesting to see how it goes. I think there's gonna be some opportunities for some some big plays with the new rules and everything and how how everybody's going to be approaching it. So, you know, we'll see how it goes. I'm excited about it because it makes especially those young men that play on all these teams and everything that that were almost an afterthought. Now that now that now the guys that I made a career trying to do it myself is is you know, those guys that are playing all special teams, You're you're going to have to cover you know, eighty kicks this year, maybe ninety kicks, where last year we didn't cover very many.
Speaker 3: He can't go get your beer anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, true.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Zerline a couple of times.
Speaker 1: As far as the kicks are concerned, you said you're going to see a lot of different kickoffs. How much is he practicing on that right now throughout the sprint quite a bit?
Speaker 2: You know, I think this is you know, for a guy like like Greg, he's got all the kicks in his in his repertoire anyway, but these are certainly different kicks. And uh, you know, we're experimenting with him here and there, but he's got a ramp up period that he that he works on, you know, specifically, and and uh that you ramp up and you touch on little things that you want to work when he when he's here, and uh, and then when he goes home this summer, he'll have you know, a bunch of stuff that that that he'll work on and and uh, you know, as they as they progress and start getting better and better and the locations get better and all this stuff that like, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out and where how it all works, because nobody.
Speaker 1: Knows somebody who has been here for a long time and has seen a lot of rosters and played in the league for more than a decade, what do you think about the talent?
Speaker 3: I know it's just on paper.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking about wins and losses, but as far as this roster is concerned, what are the New York Jets?
Speaker 3: What can they be?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want to give any projections, I really don't, but I think that Joe and Sola and all their staff, uh, you know, I think they've done a really good job of of trying to fill the holes where the holes were needed and and that needed to be filled, and uh, you know, I see a pretty talented group, and I see, you know, if if we don't turn the ball over and uh, you know, we we play complimentary football in all three phases and everything like that. You know, I think that that we're going to have a good year. I really do. And and we'll see how it plays out. And obviously there's a lot of unknowns, but certainly I think that Joe, Joe, they have done a good job of filling out this roster and really helping this football team.
Speaker 3: But before that, plenty of fish to catch in Utah. What do you catch, ul.
Speaker 2: Troutut I'll be floating down rivers in Wyoming, Montana, and Utah for probably twenty out of the thirty days I'm home, So it'll be.
Speaker 1: Fun enjoy it brother. We will see you back here for training camp.
Speaker 2: All right. Appreciate you, Bud.