Speaker 1: Stay right here for our final news roundup and information overload.
Speaker 2: All right news roundup and information overload. Our toll free, our numbers eight hundred and ninety four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. It is amazing the reaction that Vivake Ramaswami Elon Musk are getting in terms of expediting and getting rid of government bureaucracy and waste, broad and abuse, and returning to our original purpose as a country, to be a constitutional republic, not a cradle to grave womb to the tomb, equal result society. And I have pointed out many many times in this program, whatever manifestation name you give it, socialism, Marxism, statism, it doesn't really matter because it all ends the same way, unfulfilled promises. It ends with more poverty, and it ends with a loss of freedom. And what Elon and Vivak are being tasked with is to bring back the concept of limited government, which results in greater freedom unless government intrusion into your life. Do you really want the government telling you what kind of car you can and cannot drive, even if you have to pay a lot more money for the one they want you to drive. Do you really want the government picking out your washer, your dryer, your refrigerator, your air conditioner. Do we really need the nanny state telling us that you can't buy a big gulp? I don't recommend it, but you really want the nanny state to tell you that I don't. And if I want to have a quarter pound of with cheese and a large fry and a coke, which I occasionally do have, and I usually only one half of the bread, I will occasionally have one, I have a craving. I have to fulfill the craving anyway. So one of the big reforms that they are discussing, and Linda McMahon will be the Secretary Secretary of Education, is to send education back to the States now, just instead of you know, these snowflakes shaving their heads and vowing not to have sex, and hoarding and stockpiling abortion pills that are not going to be taken away from them and birth control that apparently they're not going to use, and committing themselves to divorcing their husbands or breaking up with their boyfriends, which is all insanity. With all that in the background, there's going to be a flipout over the idea of sending education back to the states. Now, what does that mean? That means that the federal government will allocate moneies directly to the states, or frankly, I would even hope that maybe they bypass that and give monies to families for every child that they have in school, which would then allow the parents to make educational decisions for their own children and take more control over their children's education. Now, what schools do you think they would be most likely to choose if given that money directly? Well, I would argue it probably be the schools the pook kids in uniforms, the schools that focus on reading, writing, arithmetic, history, science, and not woke. I would imagine they would like schools that put kids in uniforms and kids that and schools that had discipline, and schools that didn't have feminine hygiene products and boys' bathrooms and schools that wouldn't offer gender affirming care without consulting parents. Parents are not potted plants. I'm just guessing here. Anyway, There is a terrific new book out and I want to tell you about that in a second, But this is how bad things have gotten on college campuses. And on top of that, you have Biden and Harris defying a Supreme Court order and having student loan forgiveness even after the Supreme Court ruled that they did not have the right to do that. Anyway, Let's, for example, listen to the universe City of Washington. You might remember these protests, you know, chanting one solution for Israel, which is wiping Israel off the map. Listen, what is river to the Sea means? It means wiping Israel off the map. That's death to Israel. What is anthropotomy it means holy war and revolution, and that means attacking Israel. Anyway, here to weigh in on this and much more. He's the former Speaker of the Florida House. He's now the president of New College of Florida. Richard Cochran is with us. He has a brand new book out, by the way, Storming the Ivory Tower. Welcome to the program. It's on Hannity dot com, Amazon dot com. Will also in bookstores around the country. Mister speaker, great to have you. How are you no?
Speaker 3: Great to be on the show, Sewan, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It's great to by the way, finally live in the Free State of Florida. I will tell you. It's a big difference in my life. The best decision I ever made.
Speaker 3: Welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate your warm welcome. Tell me about this book and tell me what you think Donald Trump and eat Elon Musk and Linda McMahon and the vag Ramaswami have planned for the Department of Education.
Speaker 3: Well, the book is in a short synopsis. You know, this is a seventy year problem. William Bucket wrote, god Man and Yell. In the early fifties, Alan Bloom wrote Closing the American Mind. So what we tried to do is I said, hey, enough, we all get it, and doctor Nation went back to the fifties. It's gotten horrific. It's gotten to the point where it's dangerous and it's a threat to our country. Here's nine things that you can do. I always tell people to spread chapter nine years. Things that we did at New College that changed it in eighteen months and we didn't have any of those crazy uprisings and eliminated the indoctrination, and eliminated the DEI and the critical jender theory. As far as President Trump, he's choosing, Look, these are disruptive people. I know so many of them. They know what they believe, they know their ideology and their kind of damn the consequences. We're going forward to accomplish great things for students, and I think he's going to I think he should blow it up. I think he should get the Department of Education. I think send in a field team six and do what we did in Florida. You have the power of the purse. I would out of bullshit.
Speaker 1: You have the power of the purse.
Speaker 3: You can bring every single one of those states to their needs. And it's the one area where the Teachers Union, the most insidious organization, is least dominant when President Trump is there. They dominate at the local level, they dominated.
Speaker 1: At the state level.
Speaker 3: You want to bring local and Newsome and Whitmar to their knees. Say you're not getting these billions of dollars unless all those things you said, here's your school choice you have to have. Here's the indoctrination, the end of DEI, the end of critical gender theory, here's the end of these uh basically organizations that are accrediting in US. Here's all of the things that you're going to do, and if you don't, you're not gonna have billions of dollars, and we did it in Florida, and we have liberals like they have liberal states. We had liberal counties. We had our New York and Illinois and California's and we bought them ultimate these You're not masking kids, You're opening up schools and it works. It's a hammer. And I think in the hands of a Donald Trump and a great organization and leadership there, you're gonna have radical transformation faster than any other wise.
Speaker 2: Give us, give us some details, specifically the things that you did, among which, for example, in August of twenty twenty earlier than I think any other state, maybe Georgia Governor Kemp did the same thing. But you kept schools open and young kids were not the victims of COVID. It was it was older adults, people with pre existing conditions, people with underlying conditions. But you took a lot of heat for that at the time. And you will also restored panity to higher education in the state. Tell us exactly what you did, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, basically, and we looked at the data. You know, they gas light us all the time, the progressive left. Whatever we're doing, it's Marxist. You know, accuse them of what we're doing, and then it'll create confusion and we can get away with the longer and do better, you know. So they basically say to us, we're killing kids. We weren't. Closing schools is what was killing kids and increasing suicides and increasing drug usage when they weren't at risk. The scientific data was there back in March and April that kids were not big spreaders and even if they did spread, it was less effective on their bodies than the common cold. We lost more kids, I mean to the common flu. We lost more kids to the flu than we did to COVID. And so we just looked at the data and said, this is what we're doing. And yes we get sued. We had coffins put out in part of our department. You know, everything under the sun, and it's the same thing. But it starts with leadership, Jehan. You have to have great leadership.
Speaker 1: You have to have a rule of law.
Speaker 3: Where's the rule of law in that Washington campus that we just listened to. That stuff should be shut down. That's not functional and what the left really likes. Just as you mentioned, even with the Biden administration, they don't have a rule of law. They don't even listen to the law. I want to do something in violation of Supreme Court, I'm doing it. We adhere to the rule of law, and you have to have that enforcement mechanism. You have to get rid of the shared governance where the faculty control who comes to school, what they're taught, and who gets hired to teach them. I mean, there's a litany of things that I put in the chapter of all of the things we did. And immediately, in eighteen months, we took what was arguably the most liberal, progressive, hard left public school in their country. And in eighteen months, it's a night and day it is a completely different institution.
Speaker 2: That's what I love about the state of Florida. Let's talk about what's going on on college campuses around the country. This Prohamas wing, this radicalized wing that had been allowed to take over entire college campuses and intimidate Jewish students there to the point where the schools were telling Jewish students so they have to stay stay home. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's where you come in and you say, hey, here's the deal. Any of this stuff goes on, you know, either revamped the whole student loan process, or basically say you're not eligible. None of your institutions and your state are eligible for student loans unless this stuff is eradicated. It's going to shut them down. Donald Trump, I think, has an opportunity to bring these governors to their knees, like nobody's business. And it's the hammer of that money that works the quickest, the fastest and the most efficient way to get a return on investment to guarantee that you're not going to have that stuff. And the nice thing about and again this is a horrific thing to say. It was just a catastrophic event, but sometimes there's silver linings that come out of just terrible events like October seventh, and when you got Bill Mahers and you got Bill Ackman, who are now saying DEI and then Harvard was deid they added belonging. I mean, the already of the words they choose when they do the exact opposite is shocking. But all of these folks, everybody, and you saw it in the election, a landslide election, because people are like, what the heck are we teaching our kids? And it all can come to a rapid close. And we proved it in Forida. The Florida model was we went to our liberal quote unquote states or county. For us, it was counties, your burs your Miami days or Pomby just said into fifth. They all ceased into fifth, every single one of them. Yeah, they fight, but ultimately we were right and they absolutely case right.
Speaker 2: Quick break, we'll come right back. We'll continue with former Speaker of the Florida House, president of New College of Florida, Richard Corkoran, his new book, Storming the Ivory Tower, Hannity dot com, Amazon dot com, bookstores around the country. Straight ahead, all right, to continue now. He is the president of New College of Florida, Richard Corkoran, and he's shaking things up in about a year. It's pretty unbelievable. He has a new book out, Storming the Ivory Tower, and you can get it on Amazon dot com, Hannity dot com, and bookstores around the country. Let's talk about when you took over the New College of Florida, which is in Sarasota, and you moved into the president's office, and at that time you had to deal with radicalism on campus, a woke mob. It created a huge media firestorm, just like when you were, you know, working for Governor DeSantis, and you know, in a year you were able to achieve something that at the time I think seemed impossible, and that is turn around the New College of Florida, and right now on that college campus, free speech is protected, violence is not acceptable, Anti Semitism abolished, the DEI bureaucracy totally eliminated, and enrollment records are being broken. So obviously people are searching out, you know, exactly what you're offering. And I can tell you that in the Northeast, people that I know that you know, maybe in the past, would have been looking at Havid and Yale and Princeton, They're now looking at southern schools. They're looking at UVA, they look at Vanderbilt, they look at Florida colleges, they look at a University of Georgia. There you're looking everywhere, but you know the Ivy League Ivory Tower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you're seeing that exodus. I'll start with what you I heard you say on the preamble, Sean call it what you want, call it statism, Marxism, socialism, it doesn't matter. You know what it ends in. It ends in as you say it ends in death, it ends in anarchy, it ends in in poverty. And that's what New College was. That's why the governor said, wait a second, this is a taxpayer funded university. We cannot have this. And what was what was there was exactly that we were. We had the smallest amount of students, and the students that came would last only a semester or a week and they would leave. And they identified as hardcore liberal Democrats, and they got canceled and bullied and accosted and they had to leave because they weren't progressive enough. It was a toxic culture by consultants. It was a hateful culture and all the things you'd expect when you have anarchy and you have that kind of a form of government. So you had to eradicate that so quickly. You know, you know, we have the great leadership. We bought in Christopher Rufos and Matthew Spaulding's all these great academic leaders to run the institution. We put people on the ground, people and personnel or see, you bring in all good people, it changes every organization beneath them. You have the rule.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Yeah, what a great story, what a courageous story on your part, and what a great success story. And it shows how quickly things can turn around. And I believe on the economy, borders, law and order, energy, I think the economy, I think all things that Donald Trump will do in pretty short order as well. Let's see where we are two years from now. Anyway, we appreciate you. The president of New College of Florida, Richard Corkoran, is with us storming the Ivory Towers new book, Amazon dot com, Hannity dot com, bookstores around the country. Thank you, sir, continued success we wish are the best.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 3: I'm to be on the show all right.
Speaker 2: Let's get to our busy phones. Apparently we have an eleven year old girl. It her name is Colby, it says on my screen from North Carolina. Hey Colby, how are you? I'm so glad you called.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Well? Thank you for calling. How's everything? And you're from North Carolina. Where do you live in North Carolina?
Speaker 4: I live in Cornersville, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And do you like living in North Carolina? I love North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I do. I love the weather. It's not too hot and it's not too cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. I actually have vacationed in the mountains of North Carolina and they're so amazing. And I stayed in a friend's house and literally the clouds were below where the house was and it was one of the most scenic and beautiful sights I've ever seen. It was absolutely stunning. I don't know if you live in the mountains at all, but it was if you have. If you don't, then I would definitely visit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's pretty cool, right all right, So what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: So I'm raising money to buy a veteran family that lost their home in Hurricane Helene a camper so that they can have a warm place to.
Speaker 1: Live this winter.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're raising money. You started to gofund me, Yes, sir, I did, okay, And the goalfund me is to help who the victims of Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, A veteran family that has lost their home due to Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's a specific family that you know, How did you get to know this family?
Speaker 4: So we're working with Patrick Davis from Here Center in high Point, North Carolina, and he's identified many families that could use a camper to live in this winter.
Speaker 2: What is your what is your raise? What is your goal?
Speaker 4: Our original goal is twenty thousand dollars, but hopefully with your help we can raise more than twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Well maybe instead of a camper, maybe we can give him enough money for a down payment for a new house. What do you think I mean, does the family still work?
Speaker 4: We don't know the family like personally, so they may or may not, but we just know that there are families.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to put all of this on on my website, Hannity dot com and people will will absolutely be able to help. I'm going to help as well. And I'll tell you what I'm going to do, because you're such an amazing girl. How much have you raised of the twenty thousand original goal?
Speaker 4: I have raised almost half of the goal.
Speaker 2: Half of the goal. I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'll give you the other half. Okay, God, I've been living in an undeserved life and money is not a problem. Earlier in my life it was a big problem. I didn't have any. But I'll give you the other half. And what I want you to do. On the GoFundMe page is I want you to raise the goal to fifty thousand dollars, And the reason being is I'm hoping maybe with fifty thousand dollars, the family can if they're working and hopefully qualify that they might be able to get enough money for a down payment for a new home so they can start their life over again. Do you like that idea? Yes, sir, that's pretty cool. Is that good?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, well it's an amazing thing. You're eleven years old and you're inspired to do this, and I can't believe you. Listen to talk radio? Have you heard my show? A lot? I do? I listen you listen? Do you ever see me on TV?
Speaker 4: I watch you every night at.
Speaker 2: Almost every night. I look better on radio, don't you think, well, yeah, I have a face for radio. I agree. You know you can say it. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings. Did you ever hear lindash Linda beats me up all the time, she tells me all the time.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: And by the way, don't you think Linda talks funny when she says listen?
Speaker 5: I already talked to Colby's mom I talked to Colby's dad. I talked to Colby's grandpa. I think I have a little bit more currency with this family than you do, just so you know, right, Colby, you would side with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: But Colby, it's like, I know, you just gave me ten thousand dollars and everything. But that's fine.
Speaker 2: But you have to admit when she says talk and coffee and new you walk that she kind of talks funny, right, you can say it, don't. Don't be afraid of Look at this.
Speaker 5: Look how sweet this child is and you're trying to coerce her. You see that she's got good day. She thinks I sound just fine.
Speaker 2: The Good Book says you shall know the truth and the truths, And you know.
Speaker 5: What the truth is is that I sound fantastic. Thank you, Colby, You sweet girl, Kobe.
Speaker 2: Don't be intimidated by her. She's trying to bully.
Speaker 5: She's not. She's my girl. She knows we're tight, all right.
Speaker 2: Your girl knows that you have a pretty thick New York accent at times, right Colby. Oh well, I'm gonna stop because I think we're putting too much pressure. Yeah, we don't want to do that. But listen, you're a very sweet girl, and you've got such a pure heart, and I just urge you to always remain true to who you are and stay true to your values. Find what you love to do in life, and then find a way to make money at it when you get older. Stay away from boys as much as you can, as long as you can. And I just wish you the very best and godspeed, and we'll be praying for you and your family and this veteran's family and all the other families that need help in North Carolina. I had been donating to Samaritan's Purse, but because of what you're doing, I so support an eleven year old girl on a mission like this that we're gonna raise the bar to fifty grand. Okay, maybe we can get them a down payment for the house.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, God bless you. Wow, what did you do to that poor kid?
Speaker 5: Listen, I'll tell you what. If I could get more kids like Colby to call into the show and do awesome things like that and annoy you, I would do it every day. In fact, I might just go around start calling grade schools and asking people to call in I think it'd be cool.
Speaker 2: I think maybe if you just complimented me for supporting her cause instead of beating me up, I.
Speaker 5: Would be I do compliment you for that, Actually I do. And now I'm going to compliment the audience, who I know will be so giving and go on Hannity and continue to donate to Operation Helo. It's Maridan's perse and now Colby's gofund me fundraiser.
Speaker 2: I want to support somebody that is stepping up and helping people in need. I love it, and just like we support a lot of charities, but you.
Speaker 5: Know what's cool about what she's doing. So what a lot of people don't realize, and I was talking to Eric Robinson from Operation Helo about this, is that because of the amount of rainfall that they had there in western North Carolina, the footprint of that entire area is completely changed. So the acreage is gone. People no longer have the land they owned, and they don't even have the foundation to build homes, so they're living in campers to get the winter until they can figure this mess out. And obviously FEMA isn't doing a dang thing, so they've got to do it on their own with the help of nonprofits and kids like Colby.
Speaker 2: Maybe after the election now people should put up Kamalo signs and then they'll start getting help because if you had a Trump sign up, apparently FEMA had an institutionalized plan according to reports, to pass over those Trump homes. Don't go to those homes. It's insane. But what I was going to say is is nothing worse than having your life up ended like this. And we have seen this with natural disasters before. And it drives me nuts that Joe Biden, after two hundred billion dollars given to Ukraine, is now on his way out the door giving Ukraine ballistic missiles another two hundred and fifty million dollars. He's not seeking the approval of Congress and escalating a conflict that Donald Trump, he knows, wants to de escalate and end. It is so frustrating to me on so many different levels because that money could be better spent making sure that everybody that lost their home can rebuild their home or buy another home. I mean, that's what Americans do. We help out our fellow Americans, and that's what America First is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the problem is is Biden versus two hundred and seventy five million more Ukraine and not a penny to the people in western North Carolina, Tennessee or Florida. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Bill is in California. Bill, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 1: Thanks Sean, the pleasure to hear from you live. I've been listening to you for years.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm an octagenarian who's considered to be the world's most traveled man. Incidentally, so I'm driving down the road the other day and I hear you and Linda talking about the Cruise from Hell. So I added it up. There would be four three and eighty meals that these poor people on that cruise are going to sit down and suffer with all these liberals. And it made me think of what I did a few years ago. I'm quite proud of. My daughter was in business school and she calls me and she says, Dad, you have your little travel business. Would you come speak to my class? So I did, and I went up. I did one class is very successful, and I did another, and I'm in my third class and it got to the Q and A and they said, sir, how do you choose the people to go on your tours? And I said, well, I don't take liberals. And in the back the professor dropped these papers he was reading. My daughter's face turned white, and I said, no, no, no, seriously, if you've got to, you know, a ten day trip, let's says, say that's thirty meals and you're sitting down at breakfast, and no, I'm not going to let people suffer. So I wanted to relate that story to you.
Speaker 2: Well, can I ask you a question? First of all, traveling is great. How many countries have you been to?
Speaker 1: Oh? All the many times? My son asked me a couple of years, Because this is there a t A country's going been to once and it's only about four or five. I've been to North Korea fourteen times. I've been to Russia sixty dimes, North pulls up full, you know, Christan, Dakuna a couple of times, Sakotra, et cetera.
Speaker 2: This is probably a dumb question, but I'm a firm believer that there are no dumb questions. What is there any one place you like the most?
Speaker 1: No? I love them all, not the governments, but I love the people. Lately, you know, I hate to even mention this because when I do slideshows and stuff. I when I'm over in this particular country, I say, I'm not gonna saying nice about your country. When I get home and they go, why not, it's just because we'll come and we'll ruin it.
Speaker 2: Right now, American tourists will be flocking there, especially if you say it. That's fine? Is there? But is there any one area of the world you like the most? Real? Quick? I have about ten seconds?
Speaker 1: Okay? The Balkans, so Slovenia.
Speaker 2: The Balkans? Really?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can I see something really quick?
Speaker 2: You got five seconds?
Speaker 1: Go? Okay? Uh? Tracey Gallagher that's his real name, was my student and I was his history teacher and this football coach. And he kicked a sixty yard field goal in the eighth grade in Big Pine, California.
Speaker 2: Not Trace Gallagher of Fox.
Speaker 4: Was it him?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, sir, really, yes.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I'm gonna tell him. I know all about that. He's he's a really good guy. Like him a lot. He's a he's a real, real talented broadcaster. Anyway, Uh, mister world traveler, God bless you. There are days when I'm having bad days. I wish I was out on a boat in the sea somewhere, not knowing where I am. Uh anyway, eight hundred and nine four one Shawn is a number if you want to be a part of the program. US Navy Lieutenant Bradley Allen Foster's story is one of valor. It is one of self lessness. Inspired by his father's service, well, Bradley felt a deep calling to serve our country. He became a pilot in the US Navy, underwent underwent air in combat trading. He was later awarded the National Defense Service Medal. Bradley's goal was to be the best pilot and leader he could be, while also being the very best husband and father to his wife and his baby girl. Now, tragically, Bradley's promising life was cut short by a helicopter crash off the coast of San Diego in California. Thankfully, because of your generosity, tunnel To Towers was able to provide his family with a mortgage free home, all in his honor. Now, Bradley's death is a very stark reminder the freedom is not free. It comes at a very steep price, sometimes the ultimate price for the people, the heroes that serve our country and our communities. Now, please show your support for heroes just like Bradley and their families, and we hope you'll join us here at Team Hannity. So there's great work can continue and go to their website. Commit to eleven dollars a month. That's what it takes for this great work to go on. It's the letter T, the number two, the letter T dot org, the letter T, the number two, the letter T org for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation.
Speaker 6: When fake news gives you lies, Annity supplies the truth.
Speaker 1: Sean Annity is on right now, all right.
Speaker 2: Before we go. I know it won't relieve ever the pain of Lincoln Riley's family, but the sentencing took place today. Life behind bars. He will never get out again. Jose Obara, Here's how it went down earlier today with that mister Barr.
Speaker 6: If you will please stand count one malice murder, I send you to life without the possibility parole. Count two will be vacated as a matter of operational law. Count three, vacated operation of law, Count four, vacated operation of law. Count five. Life in prison consecutive to count one, Count six twenty years to serve consecutive to count five. Count seven will merge with count one, Count eight twelve months consecutive to count six.
Speaker 5: Strike that.
Speaker 6: Twelve months, but I don't want it to six.
Speaker 2: Just should be consecutive.
Speaker 6: Count nine twelve months, consecutive Count ten five years consecutive to count six. So that would mean the misdemeanors would come after the felonies.
Speaker 2: That would be a sentence. That was the sentencing of Lincoln Riley's murderer, Harris Biden, unvetted illegal and of course they have blood on their hands. All right, that's going to wrap things up at Today Hannity Tonight nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel, We'll check in with Senator Ted Cruz. Janine Piro will be with us. We'll talk about the Lincoln Riley case. Charles Payne Tonight, Mike Huckabee, Katie Pavlich, Clay Travis, Charlie Hurt, DVR nine Eastern. Hannity on Fox, We'll see you tonight. Back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.