Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, what's up? Greg?
Speaker 2: Not a whole lot? I'm uh, it's a beautiful fucking day outside.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think the pills I've been taking are working. It's hard when you take, you know what, It's hard when like you're trying to solve for X in your like body and mind, you know what I mean. Like I've been there for years. I've been trying to solve for X. I'm like, how much caffeine? What kind of pills am I high? Am I sober? What time did I wake up? What am I doing? You know, like this is all this fun You're trying to solve for X of like what are the exact what's the chemical equation that's gonna make me a functioning human fucking being? And I feel like a functioning human being right now, and I can't. I don't know what the X is. I don't know if it's pills, I don't know if it's sun I don't know if it's a combination of a bunch of things. But I'm not gonna ask any more fucking questions. I'm just gonna en joy the feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's hard to get to that point sometimes, like just just own it for a bit, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sometimes sometimes you don't. Sometimes you just don't fucking have to ask questions. But uh, what's your name? Did I ask you that already?
Speaker 1: Brooks?
Speaker 2: Brooks? What's up? Brooks? Is there anything you wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean I have a I don't know. I really like respect what you do. I feel like there needs to be more like mentors in the world. Kind of is something I think you do in a weird way, like for especially for like you know, I'm like millennial, but like I feel like gen Z and like younger millennial has never really got that mentorship. I feel actually online.
Speaker 2: I feel uncomfortable being. I'm I'm very honored that you would refer to me as a mentor, but for some reason, I feel uncomfortable being Is that how?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it needs to be like a thing like a mentor's like, oh, it's like mister Miyagi like, oh, we're you know, whack whack song. I think it's just someone that like you can kind of like someone who's maybe like had a little bit more in life experience than you or in your case, like talk to more people to like understand more life experiences to help people kind of like frame their you know, the way they're feeling or what they're doing in their lives. And I kind of, you know, I want to I've been wanting to like do that myself because like I had a pretty crazy run in my twenties and you know, now I'm like thirty five, and so I just I don't know, I feel like it's just nice to be able to kind of see people where they're at and like, hey, man, like you're doing all right. You say that a lot. It's especially when someone calls like, oh, I'm nineteen, I'm going through this crazy shit and it's like, yeah, you're nineteen, just like chill.
Speaker 2: Right through what you're going through and right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just I really respect that. But yeah, yeah. So I grew up like super conservative Christian in Texas, and so like my parents were super strict, didn't let me watch like I couldn't even watch like rug Rats. I could only watch like Disney Channel. Rug Rats was too like too much. So I just kind of lived that life up until I was like, you know, sixteen seventeen, and I was like whole Christian Anything doesn't make any sense. It's funny because like you being Jewish. One of the things that turned me off the most was like I asked them in like Sunday schools, like did Jews go to Heaven? And they're like, oh no, no, no, for sure not yea. I was like, Ah, that doesn't that doesn't work, that doesn't make sense. Yeah. So so I started, you know kind of like kind of like turning away from all that and smoking weed and drinking, and you know, got like super shunned. I was like perpetually grounded, and so I just kind of like separated from my family and went off to college and got into a good school and like started studying for chemical engineering at like text A and M, which is a fucking crazy engineering school, and just like couldn't keep up that and working like I was like full time geek squad, like trying to do that and a job full time is just like because I wouldn't get any money, and so, you know, I dropped out of that and I kind of went the geek squad route for a while and then started picking up DJing as a hobby because I've always been into like electronic music and rais and this is kind of like you know when that was like burgeoning, like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, Like I've been helping out with some local shows and started doing lighting and then like got a gig working the lighting at a nightclub, and like it's like all these bars and college stations. So I started doing the lighting and so then I was like in with the DJ, and actually I learned how to DJ through that and kind of made that like my passion while I was still working Geese Squad and ended up meeting this chick Sees. She came up to fucking talk shit to the DJ because he played a Britney Spears track even know went off, and so we hit it off from there and we started dating, moved into the house together, got three cats together. We were together for years, and then one day out of the blue, she's like, so, I've been talking with my best friend, who was like her ex from back when she was in undergrad about this plan that we've had for whenever his grandfather passed away, he was going to get an inheritance, and they always had this plan to like move back to the West Coast and buy this piece of property and like turn it into like a communal party festival grounds type thing, like kind of like a commune but just for like little mini festivals. And she's like, so I'm like, I'm gonna go do that, and whoa. I talked to him about it, and he said, like, you're a DJ, like he seems like you seem cool, you could be helpful, So do you want to like go do that? And I go drop everything. Like I'd only lived in Texas, you know, twenty six at the time. I was like, yeah, let's do it. Texas was kind of getting old, like the whole DJ stuff was kind of getting stale, and so we totally.
Speaker 2: I totally thought this was turning into a thing where she's like, yeah, I'm gonna go be with my Ax.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was, but also like I was invited along, so it became this like, yeah, moved all the way across the country. He sold everything, bought a truck and a trailer and drove all the way out to fucking Reno and moved into her mom's basement and the three of us. And because he equate his job work in tech and then so he had also been working like on building an art car for burning Man. I don't know if I know much a little bit about it, but basically him and his buddy had like his buddy had bought a five ton army truck and they turned it into a giant art car. And this is the first year they were doing that. So he's like, yeah, like I got your tickets to Burning Man, Like, let's go.
Speaker 5: It's on me.
Speaker 1: And so I went from like Texas, you know nothing to Burning Man in a matter of months, and that was pretty wild. Like I went from like DJing at a bar in a you know, like a college town in Texas to like DJing on top of a two ton army truck with two stories in the middle of a Burning Man mailstrom. So I was pretty I was pretty hooked at that point. I was like, this is way better than anything I ever had going on.
Speaker 2: So okay, So did she did your ex girl? Did your girlfriend at the time like romantically get back together with her? X?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I mean we were together still, okay, but I mean there was still definitely I feel like that tension. Maybe I was like blissfully unaware of it, and especially you know, like a Burning Man, like everything's crazy.
Speaker 2: Were they like were they were they fucking.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Probably not. They didn't seem like that kind of thing. I mean, they've just always been really good friends, Like you know, they're like high school sweethearts, went to college together and then like moved out to Texas together and that's when I met her. Okay, But yeah, so after Burning Man, you know, it was like Burning Man, everything's like crazy awesome, Like stayed up and did acid for three days in a row and that's that'll change your mind about what the world is. But after that, then when we kind of like started hitting the Grindstone Hert and like checking out all these properties all across the West coast and eventually landed on one out in like Mendocino and pulled the trigger on it. And next thing you know, it's like the three of us out living in the middle of the woods in the middle of winter. And that's when shit got really weird. Like it was like the rainiest winter they'd had. It rained like one hundred inches that winter, which is like tropical level rainforest shit, And like there was a landslide that cut off the road. It was like on Highway one, and this landslide like cut off Highway One. We were like marooned from the main town, so we had to drive like an hour up the coast to give food and water and stuff. I mean there was water, but and yeah, so we were just like in this kind of like dark, dreary, raining every day warehouse in the middle of the woods, like trying to turn this thing into like a community festival, ground space. And we were doing some drugs and she was she started getting more and more into acid, and there would be points where she would just take it for like days at a time and not sleep, and she was thought she was like connecting with some kind of greater meaning to the universe, and something kind of snapped in her where basically she just started losing touch with like actual reality, and like, come to find out later she went from Mike. She know, she'd always been kind of bipolar, you know, like where you you know, go from like depressive to kind of like you know, hypomanic where you're like energized and doing stuff. But yeah, there was like a switch that flipped with that where she went from like type two, which is that kind of like functioning you know, just like goes from like really depressed, really happy and back and forth to like type one, which is like you go through like actual mania, and she was like like speaking in like a Lana del Rey voice and like making prayers to kind and Elon Musk and like convince that she was having a relationship with Kanye via Spotify. And it was just really weird because it was like all hyper fixated on like Elon Musk and Donald Blubber and the two of them, and so she was kind of the only thing holding the three of us together. And once she lost it, the two of us, who didn't even really have any sort of prior friendship or relationship, we're just like what the fuck are we doing? Like what do we do? And like she couldn't see I don't know if you ever, I'm sure you've probably heard people's stories of like dealing with people who are fully manic, but it's like they can't see it in themselves, and like whenever they need to, they can just like snap out of it and act like a totally normal human. And it's really hard to get someone to get someone help when they are like refusing treatment. It's like it's impossible unless they're proven that they're danger to themselves or others. You can't get a fifty one to fifty in California, and so this went on for months and like to a point where it was like like we had a shotgun on the property for protection, and there was like a whole bunch of spooky shit with the shotgun. And it was like coming into the spring, and we had just booked our first camp out, and this is like kind of like the whole point of this whole endeavors to like throw this camp out with this other burning Man camp that we were friends with.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: We're like, we can't have people coming to this place with her like this. So her parents like flew in and rot like drove in and took her to like a crisis center and that's when we were able to get her into like actual care. And that was the same weekend as the first camp out. So it was like right when I'm at like the darkest, deepest point of my own like you know, this is like my whole life. I didn't have anything besides her really out here. Like if this all went hits up, I didn't know what I was.
Speaker 5: Going to do.
Speaker 1: But then like all these people came in from San Francisco and like through this awesome party. It was all weekend. Everyone was so cool and loving, and I just like right when I lost her was when I found like my people, and my purpose was like, oh, it's like here to like build community and like get these people a place to you know, get together and hang out and make friends and play music NonStop and do drugs, but the right way, you know, like and yeah, so that was you know, I was twenty seventeen, and we've been doing that every year since then, and the parties have been really epic. And then started my own parties back in Reno and things have really been just taken off, going to Burning Man every year since then. We broke up after that initial time when she got fifty one to fifty. We ended up moving back to Reno and he stayed over with the property. And you know, it took a while to actually get her like fully medicated and like get her to start seeking treatment, and like took multiple times of like taking her to mental hospitals and stuff. But after a couple of years, I was finally felt like she was stable enough for me to leave. And that's when I got my own place and then met the love of my life shortly thereafter, and we're getting married on the twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: Wow, I have I have eighty billion questions for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit me, what do you got first?
Speaker 2: All right, so this plot of land, you bought it in twenty seventeen and you still own it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's my buddies. But yeah, so my exes ex you know, the guy who we moved out there with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you guys are you guys are homies now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? I always like to say I got him in the breakup.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's very fun. Do you still talk to your ex at all? Or like, what's her deal?
Speaker 1: She's good? I don't we I mean I had to go no contact because the breakup was really messy and we had like three cats together, So like having to walk away from that was super brutal, Like that is one thing man, Like I couldn't imagine what it was like having children, because just leaving those three cats behind was gutrenching. Mm. So yeah, I mean I basically went no contact, and you know, I've talked with her occasionally, and you know, we tried to have like a friendship, but it's just I don't know, I think we're just better off living our own separate lives. You know, I think she probably has some resent I mean, I don't know for sure, but like I think she has some resembment for kind of like me still living the life that she wanted, you know, but because I could keep my shit together and she couldn't, you know. I mean it's not like, you know, it's not like I mean, yeah, there were some choices she made they led to, but you know, it's like it was a straight up brain chemistry thing, Like it was just.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was do you think it was like caused by taking so much acid?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean it's actually I don't know if you ever listened to like Shane Moss, but he's an amazing comedian who's mi a psychedelic comedian, I guess to be the best way to describe it. He has this He was filming a documentary called Psychonautics where he was like doing all these different drugs and he like went on a DMT trip and he went he went fully like maniced bipolar afterwards, and then so like after he had gone through this whole mania, he like sat down with like his his you know, a psycho like a psychotherapist friend, and they talked about like, yeah, like if you have a pre existing condition like undiagnosed bipolar disorder, and you take a lot of drugs, you can you know, go from being a bipolar type two to being a bipolar type one, which you know has like the the serious that you know. So yeah, I mean it was like it was an underlying condition that was like induced by a drug episode.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, That does make sense. Yeah, that's the kind of shit that makes me. You know. I used to be like, uh oh, I really want to, like at some point try fucking Iohuascar, DMT, just because like I enjoy like kind of sulking up all the different crazy life experiences that there are. But I think nowadays I'm like, it's it's a little scary the idea that you can, yeah, just on like one fucking trip change everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's really rare. You know. I mean a lot of people like self diagnosis bipolar or whatever, but like the reality of having those conditions, like if that was the case, I mean we'd have I mean, well, I guess we do have a lot of people like that, but I think you know, the people you see on the streets and stuff like that, that kind of drug induced psychosis is from like long periods of like you know, methamphetamine use of you know, where you're staying up for days and days and like that's yeah, I feel like there's like, you know, there's the thing that happened to her is pretty rare because I mean there's so many millions more people who do tons of acid and yeah, they may be different, but they're not like fully, you know, and people people do ayahuasca, people doing that for centuries, and yeah, it's like I guess the question is like how much do I want my brain to change? Like you know, like it's there is a gamble, you know for sure. But you know for some people, for people like with PTSD, with all the studies that they're doing with like NDMA and psilocybin and stuff like that, like these are these are people who are you know, in desperate need of help, you know, whereas like and so it's like, yeah, we gotta try this.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's a different there's a difference between like like I would do I would do any drug, uh, medically assisted, I want to try that at something I would I would love to try. I was you know, well I was I was actually you know, I was like that the past two months have been like, we're pretty like mentally horrible for me. I was very like in a like we like just bizarre existential crisis that I couldn't get out of. And uh I was and only recently do I feel pretty good. Actually, But while I was, when I was in that, I was like, Okay, I was like, I was like frand I was on Reddit every single day, like looking through all the like Ketymene therapy ship and I was gonna do it. And then I just like, I don't know if it was a zola after whatever the funck. But I just woke up a few days ago. Honestly, I woke up a few days ago and I was like, oh, I actually feel great. I'm not gonna And then for the past three days, I haven't, you know, looked up kenm therapy shit or asked chat Gypt about it. And so I'm chilling for not but I I if I think, if I think if it comes back hill, which it yeah, I if it comes back, which you know, I'm sure it will, but I'll be a little bit stronger because when I was in the thrones of it, I didn't think I could feel the way I feel right now as I'm talking to I didn't think I could ever. I thought I was done ever being able to feel that way again, which is really scary. But now that I've experienced feeling that way and then bouncing back, it's like I have the knowledge that it's possible. Although although although when you're in the throes of something like that, I don't even think you don't really follow logic in the way. You can't really be yeah, you can't really be like, well, logically, I have beaten this before, and so I will be it again, beat it again. You know, your brain isn't really up well.
Speaker 1: I mean, even the fact that you were looking through like therapy and stuff like like looking for answers for ketemine therapy and stuff like that means that you were still like in a state where you were willing to help yourself. And I mean the fact that you dig it on SSRIs and like hearing how that they've been I mean, that was one of the things that was super beneficial for her, was getting on the right sort of SSRI eyes just to kind of help regulate these things that go on in our brain that affect our moods so much. Yeah, I mean, but also like that being said, keine is fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: Have you done? Have you done? Have you done the the ketamine assisted therapy.
Speaker 1: Ship uh off label?
Speaker 2: Okay, like recreation, I've only done. Yeah, I've never. I like, I someone gave me like a key bump of ketamine once. I didn't. I didn't like it. It was it just made my heart feel like I like it was gonna burst out of my chest. So I've never been into I've never I'm not like a recreational ketamine guy. I know that. I know people love it. You know here in Brooklyn, everyone's everyone's cutted up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's pretty much like I used it. I mean I still use it every chance I get. It's like, so that's that first group that came through that first camp out, Like their whole thing was like we don't do coke here, we do k and like it just creates like a whole new social dynamic as far as party drugs is concerned, because it really does like open up your mind in this way where you dissociate from like all of the kind of like trappings of your identity in a way like even if even if just like in small doses, you kind of just feel it's like weight of your whole you know. It's a disassociative, so you kind of like disassociate from all of the like social anxieties that you have, and like you'll just kind of just say whatever comes to your mind off the top of your head, which is like and then maybe efforts like well that was like too personal. But I don't know, it's a I like I can I've done multiple sessions of ketamine therapy with myself, my friends in the back like in the green rooms of nightclubs, just like you just like you do it, and like I don't know a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot, I don't know if I would necessarily refer to that as ketamine therapy.
Speaker 1: It was ketamine assisted therapy in the sense that like I don't know, Like, yeah, I do think that people. I mean, I.
Speaker 2: I think I'm glad I worked for buy. There is there's definitely a difference between doing it recreationally and doing it, ah it with like a you know, a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never died. I really never read therapy like air quotes around therapy. But I also do believe that like therapy can be sought with like in your community, like in the sense that like having someone just listen to you and you being able to open up about yourself and then them asking you like probing questions and helping you reframe it, like is the basis of psychotherapy, And like yeah, sure, I mean license thing you can call it.
Speaker 2: They call it self medicating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if it was purely just about the drugs and just like sitting by yourself and doing the drugs, like yeah, that also has its own benefits, like they've shown in reducing depression. But like I find it and you know, it's it's it's as a social like and I'm not saying this is something for like someone who has like you know, you know, treatment resistant PTSD or depression. Like I'm not saying that you should just go like buy a bag and go sit in the back like green room of a nightclub, but like for people just kind of like going through or like daily life struggles or like breakups and things like that that like can lead to depression. Like you know, I've we've had you know, just you have these interactions that were assisted by some drugs. It wasn't like we were just like completely hammered out of our minds like these are things, you know, just like in a recreational dose, it's much smaller than when you get a kedemye an infusion and you're like out off and outer space and then you blast off for thirty minutes and then you come back and talk to a therapist. You know, we're talking about like mild doses like a key bod you know, like.
Speaker 2: I I would love to I've never yeah I have. I haven't had a lot of experience with your ketamine as a as a club drug or even you know, have I done the infusions yet? But uh, i'd love I haven't done m d M A in a very long in a few years, but I the few times that I've done it have been fucking sick. I want I'd love to do like a like an MDMA therapy journey, fucking thing that would be sick. Maybe one day I'll do something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And is amazing for like a couple's therapy too, because we get like closer with someone and you can talk about the things you might not normally talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it just it puts you in this like crazy like people get very very vulnerable emotionally. Uh on MDMA. That's the that's like that's probably I mean, that's the coolest part about it is that everyone like really lowers their uh like emotional barriers and like kind of connects with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's different from ketemine in that way, where like where you feel like a disconnection with ketamine, with Indima, you feel like a deep connection like and even like if that's to like with like within yourself, like to your inner child or something like that, you know, Like whereas like ketamine, like you can like associate, like associate from traumas and like kind of like talk about it, whereas like india A, you're like really like feeling these things and like feeling the love or feeling the trauma and like really like kind of like you know, as opposed to like zooming out, you're really zooming in. It's kind of the way I've experienced it.
Speaker 2: Well, well, listen, enough of this hippie enough of this hippie shit, Enough of this hippie ship, enough of this hippie shit. I have I am. I have business questions for you. I'm very curious, Yeah, yeah about about a lot of the things that you said about this thing that you do. So what so where is it and what is it? And tell more, I'm very curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's basically like out in the middle of the woods in Mendocino County, like kind of almost to Humboldt, which I don't know how much northern California stuff you've done, but it is like, you know, like the neighbors are growing. We like it's like, you know, it's out in the country. And that's kind of the reason that we picked the spot was because we want to be able to play loud music for seventy two hours and so basically, yeah, that's that was kind of the purpose for being out there. So far as you know, it's like we know our neighbors, like sometimes we have to pay them off for go to my hotel room so that we can last housemat house and techno music all night.
Speaker 2: Wrong and so you do and so you do this. You do this once a week. I mean not once a week, once a year.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no no no, I have a job. I work for a sign company. But like this is like kind of like the Passion Project.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we have like probably personally, like I'm involved in like two or three campouts out there. A year up to like the last the big one was like two hundred and fifty people cool and yeah, and it's like Thursday through Monday, like NonStop music, NonStop partying, like you know, and it's all it's like, you know, kind of built on like Burning Man ethos, which like the whole thing about Burning Man is like you show up, you bring your own stuff, like and we'll provide you with like water and maybe a couple of meals. But then like you're supposed to be like self sufficient, pick up after yourself, leave no trace, like take care of each other. And so yeah, you can get two hundred fifty people in the middle of the woods and have them be partying for you know, four or five days in a row. And we've never had to take any one of the hospital except for like one guy got a kidney stone watch or like we've never had anyone break anything. And oh, granted this is also like people and they're like late twenties, early thirties, you know, kind of yeah, you know, if we were having like more of like a edm Rave you know, crowd, like, I'm sure we definitely have a lot more.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, that actually brings me to another thing I was curious about is well because you you you referred to me as a mentor earlier in this call, and now I ask of your mentorship because I'm curious what it feels like. I've been thinking a lot about like getting getting older and stuff, and like I'm always thinking about like what the hell is my life gonna be like in you know, ten years or eight years or what ever. And so you know, I'm I'm interested talking to you because you seem like a guy who is also is also kind of a chaser in terms of like life experiences and like personal growth bullshits, And so what's what's it feel like for you at thirty five versus at twenty seven in this life journey?
Speaker 1: I mean, I could have never imagined where I am now compared to where I was at, Like I felt very similar to where you are now, like very stuck, like doing awesome things like still DJing, still like doing cool shit, but like kind of just in this like pattern of like work, party on the weekends, where party on the weekends, or you know your case, like you know, like travel tour, whatever you're you know, kind of like rhythm that you're finding yourself in. But I mean eventually, like you know, it just took like some crazy leap of faith and next thing you know, a month later, I'm in the middle of the desert, like on mushrooms, playing music to like a hundred people that are just like so excited that I'm there. And like, I've never experienced that in that way before. Like when you're DJing at a club, it's very like disconnected, Like they show up, they buy a drinks, they leave, But like this is like, oh, we're all camping in the middle of the desert together, like we're going to get to know each other over the next many days and like but yeah, I mean like it's all about like really, it's just about like finding a really tight knit community. And like no, I mean I still think, like you got to go to Bernie Man.
Speaker 2: It's like just you know, you know what's funny is what we were. You know what's funny is I've been intently listening to you. You're you're great at telling telling your story. But while you were talking, I had a on this phone call. I had a few times where my mind's and I was like, I gotta go back to doing music festivals and fucking I gotta go to Burning Man and like like you're like you're you're getting me excited. I'm like, oh, I forgot that. The energy of those fucking things is just like out of this world. I would love.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like what gets me through like the depressed or like like through the winter, Like whenever I'm feeling down, it's like, oh man, summer's right around the corner, like doing this, camp out, doing that. Like you need those things in your lives to like to build, Like you get all of this like super excitement from these insane parties or.
Speaker 2: Whatever your traveling shok forward to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like in like so Burning Man, it's like every year, you know, once once the end of summer comes around, it's like you're starting to pull out the dusty gear and it's just like getting in those kind of rhythms like and you know, that's like things that we used to have like back in like tribal you know, like with equinox parties and like solstice, like we would always like kind of have these ritualistic festival type things or you know, not even tribalistic, but like in like you know, just in you know, now it's like it's also corporatizing. It's like, oh, no one's really getting that excited about Halloween or Chris Smith or like it's just it's so like boring in corporate now. It's like, but when you have something like burning Man or like I know, you like electric forests or stuff like that, like just buying a ticket for that, even if six months out can like totally just change the way you're you know, excitement levels can be through like they through the times and you're kind of down.
Speaker 2: Do you know what my next actually, you know what, I'm my next My next thing is I gotta I gotta get a ticket for this before it's too late, because I'm this is a thing I'm going, you know what, maybe that maybe I'll I can you still go to? I was gonna say my next thing, I'm I'm almost certainly going to go to the gathering of the Juggalos. I've always wanted to go since I was like fourteen, and I think I'm I would really like to go there and uh be a gecko and talk to people there. I think that'd be fun as fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you can still get tickets?
Speaker 2: Can you go to? Can I still get tickets to Burning Man? Has that where is it a tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah thing? Well well so I thought it was just show up.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a fucking well so back.
Speaker 1: In the day, it used to be able to buy tickets at the gate. Over the last ten years, it's been like sold out because kind of like the you know, it became like this like you know, bucket list thing where like you know, Instagram influencers and tech you know bros kind of like turned it into something totally different. But now like last year was the first year it didn't sell out and they had tickets for sale at the gate again, So like if you want to go, you can get tickets now, all right, So that anyone listening like yeah, who's who thought that Burning Man? Or you've heard about it, but I heard it impossibly get tickets. Like it's now becoming a thing where you can go, Like it used to be really hard.
Speaker 2: I know that every YouTube motherfucker has done it to death, but it would be really I don't even get I don't give a fuck about that. I I would be really fun to just show up and and do my Gecko interviews there and shout I remember doing them at but I remember doing them at Bonnau a few years ago, and that was that was fun. I always have a great time doing the the Gecko ship at at those festivals. What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to go, let me know. I'll get you set up with the survival kit because it's ship. It's not like a regular festival where you can just like show up in a gecko suit, like you got to either get an r V or like serious like tense situation going, because I mean, a week out in the desert is a lot harder than like a weekend in a in a forest grove.
Speaker 2: You know, what's what's your name again, sir Brooks? Brooks? What's what's next for you? Brooks? What's uh? What's getting married?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, you are getting married? You? Oh yeah, okay? You you know what's funny? Yeah? You told me a whole bunch of things that popped up a lot of questions that I had. And then we started talking about Keadamine and I forgot the questions, But now I have the questions again. Well, how'd you meet this new late? How did you meet this new lady? How'd you meet the new tender? Tender? Yeah, it was Yeah, okay, you know what, I am incredibly invested in this because I'm the super like or unhinged the rose. Right, it's it's weird, it's seen some people could perceive it. For those of you who are not on dating apps, the the super like in the rose is the thing where you can like pay the app or sometimes you get like one whatever it is. You you pay the app.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like ten bucks a month, you got like one a week when I did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you you pay for like a rose or a super like, and it makes sure that when you like like a person's profile it they see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some people feel as though the super like or the rose can be seen as desperate, can be seen as.
Speaker 1: Or are we all desperate?
Speaker 2: But that? But but a beautifully said by you, aren't we all desperate? Aren't we all desperate? You know what?
Speaker 5: I hate?
Speaker 2: This is a hold on. I'm following a billion different trains of thought because I do want to talk more about the super like thing. But I hate when people say that. I hate when people, as like a negative connotation, say that somebody is attention seeking or like or like a pick me or whatever. Because I hate when people say that because we all we're all naturally attention seeking, we're all uh pick mees in our own way.
Speaker 1: But and the super like, I mean, it's as evolution.
Speaker 2: It's the basis of all evolution. And so I hate when people say like, oh, like, this person's like an attention or whatever. But anyway, the superike is there's a bit of a fear of it being yeah too much. And yet I love hearing that you are getting fucking married to somebody because you sent the fucking super like that ten fucking dollars. This is not an ad for Tinder, but I am genuinely amazed that that ten fucking dollars has completely changed the course of your entire life for the better. That is, that's mesmerizing to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean like because I had been on the dating apps for a few months. So I just got out of this super long relationship, and I've been on the dating apps for a few months, but I really just kind of got my own room and was like out on my own where I felt like I could actually date. She had been on it for like days, you know, and it was that kind of thing where it was like if if if I hadn't super liked her, I mean, she probably had one hundred other matches to scroll through. She would have never found me. She would have found someone else within date, Like she would have been out at the dating pool within a week, whereas like I would have probably been swiping for years. And you know who knows like and I found my soulmate. Like we've been together for over six years now. We do everything together.
Speaker 2: We wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, like she one of the reasons I had a super liked because she had a picture of her at Burning Man. This goes back to why Burning Man like changed my life so much. Like if I hadn't been to Burning Man and realized, like, oh I see this person has also been to Burning Man. We share these values, we share these interests. She's clearly worth a super like. And you know, we went on a first date and I had gone on a previous I'd been kind of dating a scull previously where I had like spilled my whole story about what had happened with my ex and like, you know, been vulnerable with her. And the next day she texted me was like, Hey, I really still think you're hung up on your ex, Like, send me this long text and I just like responded like okay, and I felt like so empowered just not to like try and like defend and like no, no, no, it's not true. Like I was just like okay, Like I knew right there it wasn't gonna work. So on our first date, I just completely unloaded all this like trauma and bullshit I've been through for the past so many years. And she's like, oh, really, let me tell you my story. And she went to her past seven years of how she had just got out of relationship with her shity acts, and so we immediately because I was vulnerable, we immediately connected on a deeper level. And what could she was like saying, like I was supposed to be a girl. I was just supposed to be a fling, Like she had just got now this relationship. She wanted to be wild and single, but what could have been a one night stand turned into iffrong relationship because I was vulnerable on that first date. So yeah, So like if you have people who come with dating advice, since like, oh, I've been through all this shit, like I don't know when I should, like if it's truly, if it's a soul match, if it's someone you're truly meant to be with and you just vomit all that stuff on them. Like then they're like they're gonna be interested in you because that is who you are. It's like on a deeper.
Speaker 2: Level, No, I feel that I I one hundred percent agree with you on that because like, yeah, you're you're not. The more vulnerable you're willing to be on like a first date, uh, and the more you're willing to you know, kind of like put yourself out there. And I think a lot of like, like I think that there's people kind of mistake like vulnerability when it's truly just like I'm gonna just throw this out there and I don't care what you think about it is is attractive? I think that like the people get hung up on like oh, if I like reveal too much or if I fuckingh am too vulnerable, it comes off as like needy. But it only comes off as needy if it is if there is a need. But if it's more of just like being like try honest to God, vulnerable just because you like as like an expression of who you are, you know, the right people, uh latch onto that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know It's like it wasn't attractive to this one girl, but it was to my soulmate, you know, so like that it did it exactly what it intended me. I might have gotten to a six months, year long relationship with this person before I figured out which it wasn't the one, just because I was so desperate for love and attention at that point. But like, yeah, yeah, we're getting married and it's amazing, Like I'm like having all my family lie in, Like we're spending oh, like thirty five thousand dollars wedding.
Speaker 2: Christ, what are you? Why are you spending thirty five thousand dollars on a wedding?
Speaker 1: Dude? It's that expensive. It's like literally like seven grand for the venue, eight grand for the catering like this, Like it just it just is that expensive. We went into this like.
Speaker 2: We're gonna spend your your your whole thing is throwing fucking cheap ass, I assume. I mean, I actually don't know what the finances are of these kinds of things, so never mind. But your whole thing is doing like d I y fucking events. I'm surprised. I'm surprised you're just spending thirty five dollars.
Speaker 1: We both have day jobs. We both have day jobs. No, and so we are doing we're doing like the in the church event. Like I come from a super Christian family and this is like my sister never got married. This is kind of like the only wedding for my family. And I don't know, it was just like we're also doing a full on camp out wedding at the property. Like but I couldn't have I couldn't have family there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and that wed one wedding with yeah exactly, with wine and crackers, and one with ketamine and MD.
Speaker 1: And NonStop music, yeah exactly. I mean because I had always said, like, oh yeah, let's just get married at the property. We'll save that money, will buy a house, and you know, the closer we got to and it just you know, the logistics of even just bringing out my family just for the ceremony, like cause it's in the middle of nowhere, getting a hotel an hour away. Just it's like, you know what, let's just do it, Like we can buy a house. We can save money, Like if we can save money to ford this wedding, we can save money to buy a house. Like it just it mattered to us, you know, and so yeah, I mean I wish it wasn't as expensive as it was, but like the reality is like if you want to get a venue and a caterer and this and that, Like it's just like once put the word wedding in front of any expense, it doubles.
Speaker 2: I still I'm not over the super like thing. I'm really not, because it's like you pressed, I really like that. I remember I met a couple, Like every time I hear stories like this, right, Like, I met a couple once many years ago in Philly, and I was I asked them how they met, and they said they met on the train, and I was like, Bro, this fucking guy like was on his way home from work, and if he if he stopped to tie his shoes and he got on a different train five minutes later, his whole life would be different. That That's like, that's like scared. That almost makes me feel like, oh, you know, in what situation? Every single situation is like uh, you know, you know, you know the concept of like missing your blessing. Have you heard that? I always wonder that. I get like I get like sad about that. Sometimes I'm like, oh, and what situations have I been in where I miss missed my blessing and actually.
Speaker 1: Moves linearly Like you can't. It doesn't work in this whole like like the whole idea, like oh, every every decision you didn't make or made or thought about making branches off into another reality. But like time only moved in one line, you know, like yes, so like you're just gonna get You're gonna get what you get. And yeah, I could have super liked the girl one before or one after her when I was swiping, like could have been a you know, a hot blonde bimbo with fat tits, and I would have been like, oh, super like that, like you know, like but no, I waited and I saw someone at Burning Man and I was like, that's someone I actually super like.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, yeah, okay. So I was talking earlier about like like like intrusive thoughts come in and like you challenge them, And what you just said made a lot of sense, because yeah, I'll get like weirdly stressed about when I hear about shit like that is like oh, am, I supposed to be in the a on a train right now or whatever the fuck. And you know, wondering if like how to because I think a lot of people are obsessed with like making like the right choices, you know, and then you kind of realize that exactly time only does move in one direction, and you can't stress yourself out about the possibility of alternative realities because you just these don't know. And also I also am I mean me personally like my life. I had a random fucking idea to buy a gecko costume in like twenty nineteen, and when I know this is before our pan, I made like, I just made this random YouTube video that I took off my channel. I made this random YouTube video where I'm wearing this costume. And so that's the reason I had the costume. And when I bought the costume, I didn't know that it would lead to this crazy thing. I didn't know, and so that's a blessing that I had. And I think, to me, there's a lot of I think, to stress out about whatever potential blessings you missed is not the thing to focus on. It's you know, I'm happy for blessings I did have, or curses that I missed, you know, I mean, God, how many fucking random times or people in a wrong situation where they you know, die or some shit. You know, you just never know, you have to surrender. I think at a certain point, you have to surrender yourself, like like have a little bit of like this is the whole determinism versus free will shit, like you know, have free will when you want, but like you got to surrender to a little bit of life's determinism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like when I would thinking about leaving Texas, like I had a million red flags going off in my head, like you know, like what if she's not the one? What if this goes south? What if this becomes a weird love triangle situation? And like, well, the answer is what if all those things are true? But by taking that initial leap of faith, you still find yourself with your people and with your soulmate and like the happiest. I could have never been as happy if I had stayed where I was, Like I truly believe that I would maybe, yeah, I don't know, Like who knows. I could have gone down a path of you know, I was drinking a ton, like drug addiction, God knows what. You know, if I had decided to break up with her and go back to being single, in my late twenties. Like, who knows what kind of shit I could have got into, Like I mean shit, I probably would have just got arrested for smoking weed like I already had twice.
Speaker 2: You know, I would have.
Speaker 1: Been in jail for smoking a weed in Texas.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, it is cool that. I think in general, life tends to reward putting yourself out there in some way shape or for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you gotta get I was too comfortable, like I get too. I get comfortable too ec like I had just you know, I had lived in one town until I was eighteen, and then in a college town for another eight years, even after I'd dropped out, because I was comfortable there, like I had friends. I was a DJ. Like but yeah, you gotta, you gotta. I don't know, like I I would have never seen myself doing that before, but I did it.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Wow, are you gonna DJ at your own wedding? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just for a little bit. Well, actually, I'm going to pre record all of the music for like the like when you get sad, and like during the cocktail hour and like the dinner and stuff. So I will be DJing like my entire wedding, but I want to have to do anything. It's gonna be all pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's their own mix for the wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's sick, Yeah, because I don't trust anyone else's DJ for my own wedding. But then so like after that, like all of our wedding party is also DJs. So like I'm going to DJ for thirty and then like best man and then kroomsman and bridesmaid and like all like so all the wedding party is going to DJ for the dance party portion of the events you did?
Speaker 2: Do you have your name as like the headline? Like are you you're headlining your wedding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: I guess can you tell me your name for the fifth time?
Speaker 1: Brooks? I'm going by Brooks for this call because I feel like I don't know, it's pretty much it was a bee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brooks. I'm gonna I'll ask the chat if they have any questions if if if yeah, yeah, is the chat of any questions for Brooks. We'll do a couple of questions here.
Speaker 1: Something about be about ketamine, or to be about Bernie.
Speaker 2: Mann uh let's or it might just be your about something random. So so what's your Oh yeah, what type of music do you play?
Speaker 1: House music?
Speaker 2: House music?
Speaker 1: I like funky, like classic sounding house music, but like the newer like tech house kind. I don't know we describe.
Speaker 2: Uh, someone said, why do you get sad during a wedding?
Speaker 1: I think I don't know. I put people crying during weddings or just actually getting sad during a wedding. I mean, uh, I've never gotten sad during a wedding. I think maybe if you're alone, you might get sad at a wedding, But I don't know. I think that person's ask themselves why they get they get sad at wedding?
Speaker 2: WHOA, Well, well, I think they said that because you mentioned you said the words sad. But whose who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Was your music impact did in any way when you entered a relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. Yeah, I mean it's interesting. So she her music was actually more impacted than mine. I would say, because like, I was a part of this house music collective we've been throwing these events, and she was kind of a part of like the like underground music scene is usually divided between like bass music and house music. Or like house of techno, and so she came was coming from the bass music side of things, where her ex was like a DJ in the local scene, and now she was like coming over to the like to the light side in my and then you know, there's like the dark side of the force, and bas music's very like dark and brooding, and like house music's very like fun and playful. So so she had to make a really big transition from going to like being deep in this bass music scene to being in this house music scene, which is totally different for her. But as far as the way she's impacted me, I mean, she you know, she will play music that I wouldn't play. If I'm like playing music, I'm gonna play like house mus it's gonna be like digging and looking for new tracks. But she will play like indie music and electronica and stuff that's like, you know, stuff that I wouldn't normally think about playing in a DJ set, but then like I hear it and it's like, oh, this would be really cool if I mixed it in this way or a part of like a you know, like a set that was like more down tempo and chill. And then I then from there, I'll look for new artists that are kind of like tailoring into that vibe, and I'm finding like a whole new different band of music, and it's like a whole new genre. I'm like now I'm into like one hundred bpm slow mo house with like hip hop vocals and like indie influences and stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, I just like uh doing doing the MDMA and looking at the colors. I I anytime people talk about, uh, like electronic music, I know it has like eighty million genres. I feel like I'm not my ear isn't trained enough to hear all the here all the different types.
Speaker 1: But it's the vibes, like I guess, like so like with like the house music scene like in Burning Man or like Desert Hearts or stuff like that on the West Coast, Like it's just like house music is just more like an up tempo like four on the floor like boom boom boom boom, like steady like dance beat groove, which is like people played at Burning Man because like you're just you're just kind of like going for days and days on end, and it just kind of becomes this like heartbeat and this like walking tempo whereas like bass music is very much like you show up and the headliner gets on and he's like put your fucking hands in here. He's like paw and you know you like do that. You thrash around in a mosh pit for a few hours, but then like your drugs were off and you go past that in the tent, Whereas like the house music people are up at sunrise like still just kind of thumping along like.
Speaker 2: Brooks. Yeah, it is a pleasure talking to you, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I've been calling for a while. I've been listening, as you could tell for a while. I'll like mad respect you and your show. I hope, I hope if you ever tour you make a stop in Reno.
Speaker 2: Let me know. Uh, I don't know. I don't know what my life schedule whatever the fuck is like. But next time you're having one of these one of these things, let me know if I'm in the area. I'll maybe I'll come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, So shoot you an email or what.
Speaker 2: Uh Instagram Instagram DM so I checked this or.
Speaker 1: An email DM Yeah, I'll you DM right now. Fuck you, yeah, man, Because if and thing goes for you, like if you want to go to burning Man, or you want to try out like a West Coast house music festival or just something to shake it up, because like, you know, you're getting to the age where the d M shit's not gonna it's gonna not it's not gonna do it for you anymore. You know, you're going to start one to branch out into more mature genres of music.
Speaker 2: And I don't like if it ever did do anything for me.
Speaker 1: Maybe not the music, but like the people. I don't know, like you want to like because like the EDIM festivals, it's always going to be like eighteen to twenty five. Yeah, there's going to be older people there, but that's gonna be like the majority of it. Like once you start getting into your late twenties early thirties, like for whole vibe changes, and it's nice to be around that same vibe in my opinion.
Speaker 2: So, Brooks, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Oh, man, I should have thought about this. You always think about it when you're listening, but when you.
Speaker 2: Get here, No, whatever's in your people always say that. People are always like, oh I didn't have anything, Just whatever's in your gut?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, just just take the plunge, you shoot the super like, move across the country, go to Burning Man, Like, just do it because you don't know what you don't know what's going to come out of it, Like it could change your life, it could be a terrible experience, could be both.
Speaker 2: We are going to sell, so we're gonna sell so many super likes with this podcast. I'm very h I.
Speaker 1: Hope we saw. We've a couple of Burning Man tickets though. I'm yeah.
Speaker 2: Brooks, congratulations on, congratulations on on a beautiful life man, and thank you for thank you for this session of mentoring me. You're the mentor. Now take care.
Speaker 1: Brooks, ha, you keep it up while man, he's the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, take care all right. I liked that guy. That was a good That was a good phone call. Yeah. I love those I love those music festivals, man, I love getting to chat with people at them. I haven't been uh in a while, but they're fun. They attract a cool energy. Yeah, I was asking. I was curious with Brooks about like being thirty five because it's like you kind of I think when you're growing up you have this like idea of like what adulthood is supposed to look like. And then as you get older, and as you get to you know, meeting more people and see more things, you kind of realize that there is really no uh uh way in which you are forced to subscribe to life, which is an interesting it's an interesting thing to think about. Drugs, sex, violence, porn, Nintendo. Okay, hello, Hey, what's up man?
Speaker 1: Uh? Nothing much?
Speaker 2: Tell you I'm doing good, dude. So you So, I I get texts sometimes people text me with stuff and and if I find it interesting, I'll call them back. And I saw that you. You texted me that you were the you were one of the people that I brought up on stage at my show in London. Uh, And I remember your story and I remember that moment and it was so uh it was so cool. Yeah, I mean it was it was and so I just I wanted to call you, call you back and chat with you about it. What's your what's your name by the way, Jonah Jonah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I was the last guy on the Camel stage and you said that we just only had time for like one or two more, but like I overstayed my welcome. But I read a note out to the cloud about a letter that I wrote to my mother that past when I was seventeen mm hmm, and no one had ever heard that note before, so it was weirdly freeing reading old stage because it's just a bunch of strangers. I see why people call into this show. It's just just being able to put it out there but not having anyone be able to come back to you, your anonymity. It is just so nice.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmmm. Yeah, I remember, Yeah, when you came on stage and you read that letter, it was, uh, I don't I. I well, I first of all, I really appreciate the vulnerability that requires to do that, and I just I thought it was so uh it was just really cool, like watching you have the vulnerability to do that, and then like really feeling the crowd like all it was like this fucking like like like group therapy moments where everyone was like on board and and in the room and it was no, it was it was a really cool moment. That was one of my favorite Well yeah, watching you uh read that letter was one of my favorite moments of that whole tour.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great to hear, man, It feel amazing doing it. Because we went from such a good you do an amazing comedy show by the way, we went from such a good, good bit of stand up and stuff and two amazing stories before me. So then I spoke a little bit beforehand and just said, if you want me to read out this letter, And then suddenly it felt like you could hear a pin drop in that room, like it was that dead silence for they're just that for five ten minutes that I read that out, and then we were straight back into it afterwards with the questions and everyone's back to laughing.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 5: It was so nice.
Speaker 2: Mm tell me, yeah, how did the crowd react, like, like when you got off? I always I always wonder this with I always ask people this if I get the chance to. If it's like somebody who I've brought up on stage, have you like when you got off stage, did a lot of people come up to you afterwards and talk to you about it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: As I was coming off stage, it was like one of high fiving and people dapped me up and stuff. But afterwards when we were queuing up to see you, well, I was near the front, but a couple of people caught me on the way as as I was coming up to you, and they would just say love to say they loved hearing the story, and it's just anyone. There was one guy that I remember that he said he related to it quite a bit because he had a friend that had passed away and he was just asking like, how did I move on from the death and what's the best approach I did to get away from it. So it's great to hear different perspectives some stuff, because obviously I lost my mother not young, but not terribly young at seventeen, but to have it like that, especially since I was in I was very fortunate to grow up in what I would call a very secure household, to then have that ripped away from me, especially since it was a sudden death, there was no cause leading up to it. Just having to deal with that on pretty much on my own. It feels like because I have three older brothers and a father, so we're an all boys household now, but they have their girlfriends or wives, and as much as I could go to them for support at being seventeen, it's hard to be a hormonious teenager and then reaching out to people because I don't think i'd ever really done that by any point, especially since during that time I started using drugs a little bit, so I started to latch onto that a little bit more. And it was just trying to be able to get it. Was trying to stop doing the drugs whilst also trying to mourn my mother in a proper way rather than getting high, just to be able to get through it.
Speaker 2: What I'm that guy who asked you for advice? What did you say to him?
Speaker 3: I just said, as much as I've just talked about, like hard to reach out, it is just surrounding your.
Speaker 1: Self and people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the feeling of being alone and being lonely. Being alone is when you're in a room by yourself and then feeling lonely. You can be in a crowd of people feeling lonely. If you're able to sit in a crowd of people and just interact with one or two of them, then it just makes you feel so much better. Like during that time, I was able to just reach out to the closest people I knew and ignore the ones that are a bit further out, and those are the ones that really helped me. I'd say my friends helped you more than my family, not anything against them. It's just more I didn't choose to reach out to my family at that time, and my friends are the ones I kept your knocked down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's just the fucking the meaning of life. I think, how are you doing now?
Speaker 4: Man? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you? What are you been up to? I'm trying to remember, because I'm sure I asked you about like, like what's going on in your life nowadays? Are like what you're studying or working on or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I just I kind of briefly rushed past it when you asked me beforehand. I'm an apprentice now, it's four years since her death, and I just work for a company. I work on roads, just doing analytics of them, and I'm trying to get a career and data science. So it was looking up and I just hope that my mum would be happy with where I am. But speaking of we've actually got a charity event for her coming up, so it's just looking forward towards that because it would have been her sixtieth birthday this month.
Speaker 2: You have what's the charity event?
Speaker 4: We're doing an event with her, any of her friends that wants to come along, or friends or friends and we're trying to just raise money for the British Art Foundation because that's she died of a cardiac arrest and it's just a nice little thing to do to get people together.
Speaker 2: Really, what is the you said the British Do you say art Foundation or Art Foundation Heart Heart? What kind of what are you guys doing for the event.
Speaker 3: It's just like a little meet up, doing some quizzes, eating food, just chatting to people. Probably a lot of people that I wouldn't have seen in fucking forever because it's mum's friends.
Speaker 2: How is your like social life and everything? Are you like, like you said that your friends helped you out the most? Are you still hanging out with those folks a lot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely so. I kind of have like my closest friends and if you're my closest friends for years now, probably nearly coming on a decade or so, and they've just always been there for freaking thin They're the ones are always gonna help even when I wouldn't ask for any help, they'd just be the ones to be able to check up on me. Like you said, it's the meaning of life interaction with people, even if you don't want it. It's what's going to get you through a day, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, because that's how we I mean, yeah, that's how we. Like we used to live in tribes and ship.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I mean absolutely, Man, what what sort of tribe would you want to live in?
Speaker 2: What sort of tribe would I want to live in? Probably one that does cannibalism as uh as a as like a religious ritual, because you know, I've always wanted to uh eat human flesh, and this would give me an excuse to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what do you think it wouldst like?
Speaker 2: I think I actually think human flesh would taste I mean probably good, right, I mean, like all, you could take any meat. Really, you could take like the meat of any living thing and grill it or fry it and put sauce on it, and it'll taste good. Like fried human with barbecue sauce would probably be delicious.
Speaker 3: See when you say that, that sounds pretty good, But I much just something like a snake would not taste good. Gamey as fuck, wouldn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It would probably be gaming. But again, but again, if you fried it and you you fucking cauliflower, you fry it and put it in barbecue sauce. It tastes great.
Speaker 3: Sure, you fight anything put in bob sauce will be great.
Speaker 2: Imagine you're you're you're in England. How about a human and chips? That could be good.
Speaker 3: Now, now now you're putting putting a good meal together.
Speaker 2: That would be good. That would be good eating a guy with fries. Probably. I mean if you, uh, if you gave me fried human and you told me it was like chicky chicken, Yeah, if you told me it was chicken, I'd probably be like, this is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you?
Speaker 2: Do you feel good about life these days?
Speaker 3: I feel pretty good. I'm very positive about life recently. I think it's just because I'm out the hit part of it. So yeah, I mean I've only just done twenty one, so it's probably only gonna get worse there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, well you're a fucking I don't know. I just remember when you came on the stage, like, I just I really liked I this sound. This is like a pop word. But I'm gonna says, yeah, I liked your aura, I liked your vibe. You had it. I could sense I really do, I really feel like you. You have whatever the thing is that is required to get through life without going insane. I know that is a observation that I have made really not knowing you at all, uh zero percent. But if if just out of an impression of the amount of what if you forced me at gunpoint to come up with an impression of you from the brief amount of time we spent together, that was That was my impression.
Speaker 3: Oh the thanks man, that was great.
Speaker 1: That I did not expect to bring me up.
Speaker 2: But it was. Again, it was such a great moment. And it was because who else was on that show. We had that girl who talked about how she just had her first threesome. Yeah, yeah, she had. She like took an uber from an orgy to come to the show.
Speaker 1: Living the life.
Speaker 2: And then uh oh, the guy who uh.
Speaker 3: Couldn't move out of his parents house.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: He could have done it.
Speaker 2: That was such a fucking great show. I had had an awesome time doing that, such.
Speaker 5: A good time.
Speaker 2: What's your name again?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Jonah?
Speaker 2: Jonah Jonah. I'm glad this is cool. I'm glad we get to talk. I'm glad we got to talk. I was like being able to be able to talk to folks who I met on on uh you know, as funny is I At the shows, I'll like meet people and I'm like, oh, ship, we talked on the phone, and now I'm on the phone with you and I'm like, oh ship, we talked at the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's great. It's great to have to act to stream, for one, because it's kind of hard to line up the times UK and work and stuff sometimes.
Speaker 2: Jonah, is there anything else gonna say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: If life does really seem shipped some people? Well, you can always drive yourself out of it. You just have to be happy in the present as much as you can. Just know that eventually you'll be able to get out of it.
Speaker 2: Joanah, keep on rocking in the free world? Is England free? Or you guys? Can you guys do stuff? You just do it? Everything done.
Speaker 3: Look into a politics? Done done done, look into a politics.
Speaker 2: But I really I don't I'm not bullshitting I I don't want it to be like always says, because he's like, I don't say that to everyone. And if you listen to the show, you know I don't say that to everyone. There are definitely people who hang up the phone after I'm talking to them, and I'm like, I'm a little uh, I don't know if I don't know if they're going to be okay. But there's a lot of people who I hang up the phone. I'm like, you're gonna be fine. They have resilience. Yes, yes, yes, yes, Hello, Hello, Hey, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 5: Oh god, damn, I can't believe my mom.
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Good? Good? Yeah? You know, nothing better than talking to a man on a guest to shoot off the internet.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many things better. Have you ever? Have you ever tried heroin? I bet heroin feels awesome. A fancy restaurant, you could have sex, you could go to Peru. There's a lot of things. I mean, this is good. I'm I'm enjoying that we're having a conversation, but I don't know if it's I don't know if there's nothing better. Maybe you know what, Maybe you're right, Maybe there's nothing better than connecting with people.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was studying before this, and you know, this is definitely better than studying.
Speaker 2: What do you studying for?
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna give you a brief history of my life story. I guess I went to a technical college to become a mechanic. That took two years, and then I worked as a mechanic for two years, and then it didn't pay as much as I hoped it would. So I found this other job at a manufacturing company and that pays more. But if I want to advance my career there, I to get a degree in what's it called robotics. So that's what I'm trying to pursuing right now, studying robotics.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's awesome. You're gonna because that's gonna be useful. How old are you?
Speaker 5: Twenty six?
Speaker 2: Oh, twenty six? Yeah, yeah, well, yeah, it's gonna be useful because when when we're in our fifties, oh my fuck, thank god, man, oh my god, we're gonna be like they're gonna be able to create very lifelike human robots. Uh Ai. Imagine what AI is gonna be like in like twenty five fucking years. Man, It's gonna be super advanced. They're gonna put it into lifelike bodies, and we're not gonna be able to We're gonna be living among robots, and so you'll probably have a job. Yeah, you'll probably have a job.
Speaker 5: I feel like you said, the years are gonna end up like those people in Wally they just sitting there see the whole time.
Speaker 2: We're a little bit like that already.
Speaker 5: We're a little bit I mean, yeah, we are. If you think about it, we can have everything that ever to us.
Speaker 2: I was watching I saw some ship on Twitter. Uh of like Mark Mark Zuckerberg was talking about how his whole thing are is like these these ar glasses and everyone's going to be wearing these glasses that are going to project the digital world into the real world via al No, it wouldn't what do you mean that would be cool? That would be horrible. You think that would be cool? Do you think that would be cool?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, it would help me dramatically with working out because instead of lifting you know, a weaight to imagine like I can imagine myself lifting a car off a family of four. I've been like, I lift the ship.
Speaker 2: What's your name again, Mark, Marcus? Marco Marcos Marcos, I'm Marcus. I'm gonna tell you what's going on in my brain right now, is okay? I was so I was about to go on a rant about how I think. When I heard him say that, I was like, I think there's some form of a revolution going on, like in where like I think people are slowly even young people. This might just be an optimistic anecdote, but I was feeling optimistic, and I was like, I think young people and people around the world are waking up a little bit to how much technology is negatively impacting a lot of aspects of their life and making active efforts to cut down. And I'm making active efforts to reject forms of technology that are getting slowly more and more invasive and requiring you to wear your phone on your wrist or on your eyes. And I was really feeling confident about that optimistic point of view. And then you immediately said that Mark Zuckerberg's goggles would be cool, and I was like, oh, I'm wrong, I'm wrong, We're all fucked whatever. I'm gonna go wear them. I'm gonna wear them right now, and we're all getting the chips in our head. I'm fucking wrong. I was trying to be optimistic. I really thought that we were in some kind of like I really, I don't know, That's what I was trying to be optimistic, and I'm like, we're in some kind of renaissance thing where people are going to reject a lot of this ship. But I don't know if that's the I think I might just be being naively optimistic and it's going to be embraced whether we fucking like it or not, just like you know, phones.
Speaker 5: I mean, the only time will tell, to be honest.
Speaker 2: But people don't. Do people really want to fucking wear this shit?
Speaker 3: Ay?
Speaker 2: First of all, he I think we're getting to a point economically where like, who's gonna be able to afford this sport? Unless yeah, well unless unless if it starts getting because like everyone has a phone, like you could be you know, people people living on the streets have phones. Like everyone has a phone. If the technology becomes X right now it's not it's like the Vision pro whatever the fuck was thirty five hundred dollars. But if it becomes accessible to the point where you know, everyone can just get have everyone just has these goggles in the way that everyone has the phone, then maybe, But right now, I think people have been trying to get folks to wear shit on their heads for a while and it hasn't caught on to the mainstream. Hopefully it hasn't cut onto the mainstream because we have something innately in our biology that makes us not want to fucking do that. But who Mark Zuckerberg is in his laboratory figuring out what that thing is in our biology that makes us not want to do that, and he's figuring out how to fucking shatter that ship and make it say that. We're all wearing this stuff.
Speaker 5: The closest that we have to that right now we are VR headsets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, but like, but the v VR headsets have not achieved mainstream adoption.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they have. They have not.
Speaker 2: In the way that phones are and I, I mean AI has achieved mainstream adoption. You know, my dad is using it and everyone's using it. But I don't think that we're gonna be I don't know when we're gonna be wearing shit. I don't know if we ever will be wearing shit. I hate that. I fucking I hate the Apple Watch, I and the fit Bit. It's like, I don't want to people who wear that shit. I don't get it. Why would you want your phone like your like It's like it takes such little there's such little barrier between your phone and your face already, it's like you have to pull it out of your pocket. It's like having the watch, like removing even that barrier is fucking crazy to me. Where it's like your phone is just always it's not even in your pocket anyways, it's a glance away. It's weird. I don't get I don't people, I don't. I don't like it. I don't like it. Do you have an Apple Watch? Do you have that ship?
Speaker 5: I haven't used a Apple product since the first iPad.
Speaker 2: Also, it's gonna be really funny. It's gonna be really funny because one day I'm gonna be doing like an ad read for a fucking Apple Watch or some shit like that, and I'll be like, you know what, it was actually pretty cool, But uh, you don't use Apple.
Speaker 1: What do you use?
Speaker 2: Are you like a Macintize Sam your Samsung guy? Yeah, I'm saying I meant you're Samsung guy. Okay, how's that going for you?
Speaker 5: I like it? Yeah, I really like it. It's you know, the features on the phones are needed to use, and that's that's what really matters. Right, If.
Speaker 2: You're an Apple person and you try to use like an Android you'll be like, this is disgusting, this is not It might as well be like in Chinese the whole phone, because it's just it's different. Yeah, I mean, do you get that feeling when you use the iPhone?
Speaker 5: When I use an iPhone. I don't know if you notice about Samsung, but you know how they have the back button.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about Samsung, so.
Speaker 5: I don't know on the on the Samsung, there's a bag button to go back to the previous page or whatever that you were on, and I hate that iPhones don't have that. We have to look for like an arrow on the butt on the on the screen to go back to my previous page or whatever.
Speaker 2: We have a well, we have a little bit more. We have a sophisticated system where you gently swipe up a little bit and then you go back and it'll just take you back to like whatever app you were using before, like the little carousel ship. Ah, But you wouldn't know because you've got a Samsung.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's been a while since I've used an Apple product.
Speaker 2: I do love Apple. I like there's ship It is weird, how I like, Yeah, it's fucked up to think about how many tools I have in my life that uh didn't exist for the entirety of history. It's like, it's very it's very trippy to think about when you when you were when you really think about like the fuck that I feel all this, Like everyone having a phone is like not even twenty years old. It's like like two thousand and eight maybe or seven. It's yeah, people like I remember my parents were like print out map quest or like we had Yeah, I remember that, and people lived like that. How did like, like, how do you even how do you like meet up with people in like the nineties? How do people do that?
Speaker 5: I think it's crazy, Like what if you just went to Walmart and then your friends spontaneously called you up and told you, hey, me meet me at this new restaurant that this that just opened up. But you have no idea how to fuck to get there.
Speaker 2: You have no idea the fuck to get there.
Speaker 5: You have no fault to look up how you know the directions.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they fucking did it, but they did it. And it's not like you know, the people who did that, they're not like eighty years old, they're like in their forties. Yeah, I I it's weird not remembering what that was like or not really because I had a When did I get a cell phone? I got a cell phone in two thousand. I got an iPhone in two thousand and eight, and I was like ten, Yeah, it was ten when I got a kN iPhone, ten or eleven fucking there was this middle gear solid game on it, and there was.
Speaker 1: And there was Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, I played all sorts of those mobile games. Marco's Yeah, how you doing, good, good, good good? Yeah, Okay, before we go, are you optimistic about the future of society.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get too political, but as long as capitalism is still a thing in this world, I'm not optimistic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably, probably, probably, But hey, we can always we can always look at we can always look at funny pictures on the computer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can. We can always cope, we.
Speaker 2: Can always go there. Well, here's here's here's Here's an optimistic framing is if the world goes to ship, there will always be some form of cope that we'll have to look forward to. You know, a candy bar you found.
Speaker 5: On the ground, or yeah, yeah, yeah, I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so will either have prosperity to look forward to or cope to look forward to. Marcus, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: You know, unlike the other guy actually did have something in mind to say when you ask me this question. Ahead, for the people that have trouble motivating themselves to work out, give yourself a goal like run the marathon or enter in the weight difting competition. Essentially, that'll have you, you know, work towards something instead of going to the gym.
Speaker 2: Goalless continue to get shredded. I'm gonna assume you're shredded. I'm imagining you. I'm imagining what you look like. I'm I am.
Speaker 5: I am not shredded at all. I'm five nine and I weighed two hundred forty pounds.
Speaker 2: And what do you squat?
Speaker 5: Fuck? I don't know how much I squat. I mean, I'm trying to your you know, training for a marathon.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, hold on the last guy. Okay, remember on the last podcast that guy talked to I don't know if you listened to the podcast, but okay, on the last episode, the guy there was a there was a caller who called it and he said, he said it was like five eight and one hundred and forty five pounds, and he said he squatted five hundred and forty pounds. Do you remember that you were were there for that? No?
Speaker 5: I was not.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, Uh, he he emailed me. He emailed me.
Speaker 5: What's the average weights that someone can squat?
Speaker 2: Okay? He email? Hold On, he emailed me, and he sent me a video, and I'm gonna watch it right now. I haven't watched this video. What's the average squad? Okay? Hold on? Let me watch this video. Let me see if this is real. Okay, he's doing Okay, that's not a squat. Okay, he's not doing. This guy's lying. He's not doing squat.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: What's forty five times for?
Speaker 5: What is.
Speaker 2: No? Forty five times eight? What's forty five times eight? Forty five times eight? Let's see three hundred and sixty hold on?
Speaker 5: This guy?
Speaker 2: Is this video? This dude is he's leg pressing. He's not squatting. He's leg pressing. Uh, three hundred and sixty pounds? Why did he tell me a lot? It's a lot, you know, by the way, I'm gonna say it's a lot. He is.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: Leg pressing a lot. So leg press three hundred and sixty pounds is a lot. But I don't know why he lied and said that he's squats five hundred and forty pounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know why either.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he said. But look, look, Mike, I think his name is Mike. And then why did he send me a video of him not doing the thing he said he was doing? Okay, well, look whatever. The leg pressing three hundred and sixty pounds is impressive, but just so, just say that, Mike, Why you don't You don't have to make up things. Just say what the real thing is. And it's impressive too.
Speaker 5: Maybe because he wanted to be him.
Speaker 2: He wanted to be he already is him. Everyone everyone is already selves, I guess Marcos. Yeah, I'll see you around the universe.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see you around.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Marcos.
Speaker 5: Run the marathon, Gecko.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna do that. I don't like running. I like I like lifting weights. Lifting weights is fun. I like to lift weights, and I like to walk. I don't like to run. I'm not a runner. Folks, Thank you for listening to the therapy Gecko podcast. What an honor, what a joy it is to be alive and be a gecko and talk to people. This was a good episode. We talked to This is a good episode. I like the formats that we're getting lately, where it's like, let's do one long deep dive thing and then one call where we just talk about bullshit. It's fun. I'm enjoying doing this. I hope you're enjoying listening to it. Thanks for entertaining the podcast. Tell your friends, tell your lovers, and I'll get you around. I'll get you later. I don't like that. I don't like that We're gonna keep doing podcasts. I'm trying like I'm trying to make them longer when I can. I used to just upload one hour, and now I'm just trying to make them a little longer. Thanks for listening, and see you around the universe. Go go do something else with your life. Okay, bye, thank you, thank you very much. Week it goes on the line taking your phone calls every night every week and goes to just teaching you loud your line
Speaker 1: An expert